PDA

View Full Version : The good old days of TFC/BMO ads

TorontoFC_Matt
08-07-2008, 10:19 PM
What ever happened to ads like this one. None of that Warrior dude. Soon they will be glorifying the casuals who throw shit onto the pitch. Oh wait... I am pretty sure this seasons ad has probably embedded their brains with "the true meaning of being a supporter"

Geez!

mogjOnhMLC0

that is all!

Mrs. Workie
08-07-2008, 10:21 PM
Now THAT was a good ad :D

BC101
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
Tell me you didn't say "Warrior dude" LOL!

TorontoFC_Matt
08-07-2008, 10:23 PM
Now THAT was a good ad :D

Everytime I saw the ad it got me so PUMPED for a match... don't know why but man did it ever!

Raging Reggie
08-07-2008, 10:24 PM
have you people seen the warrior gladiator "dude" at the top of 110? all i could think about was that stupid commercial. I Loved this commercial, the song was always stuck in my head.

Daveisonfire
08-07-2008, 10:27 PM
Ba Ba Do Do Da Da Do Do Do Do Da Ba Do Do Da

Flipityflu
08-07-2008, 10:29 PM
i liked that commercial as well.

Stryker
08-07-2008, 10:31 PM
That was a great commercial. The warrior one is great in principle but the "warrior dude" and his Zena wannabe cohort ruined it.

RYANTFC
08-07-2008, 11:46 PM
^^^ you spelt arsenal wrong....

Dirk Diggler
08-08-2008, 12:02 AM
What happened to that ad? Chris Pozniak got waived, that's what happened.

Fiin
08-08-2008, 05:03 AM
That was a great commercial. The warrior one is great in principle but the "warrior dude" and his Zena wannabe cohort ruined it.
No kidding eh... shes just sitting there wind milling her banner thing around and pumping her fist like Arsenio Hall... and looks like has a major case of CSC.

Dustin
08-08-2008, 09:34 AM
have you people seen the warrior gladiator "dude" at the top of 110? all i could think about was that stupid commercial. I Loved this commercial, the song was always stuck in my head.

This guy?

http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1102/1067546039_a9a13b2821.jpg

He's awesome.

The first thing I thought when we lost Pozniak was that we were going to lose that commercial, too bad.

Shaughno
08-08-2008, 09:41 AM
Someone should give that guy one of those free razors for his chest. :lol:

Roogsy
08-08-2008, 09:53 AM
Jealous? :lol:

You're as bare as a baby's bottom aren't you?

Parkdale
08-08-2008, 09:57 AM
I wonder if Poz was still around if they'd be still running those adds?

jiforio
08-08-2008, 12:57 PM
Great ad! The best one for sure! Let's bring Poz back so we can see its resurrection.

ginkster88
08-08-2008, 03:43 PM
That ad is terrible.... and then they added the godawful "this is our house" song. I actually change the channel as soon as I see it begin.

lintberg
08-08-2008, 03:50 PM
I sit right across the aisle from this guy...he is awsome and not a bad drummer either...gets the section going every time. Go Sparta!!

kitchener-TFC
08-08-2008, 09:13 PM
Great ad! I remember seeing it on tv.

Raging Reggie
08-08-2008, 09:32 PM
haha that must be the guy i guess, unless we have 2 gladiators!

Kickit09
08-08-2008, 09:52 PM
Madness?????

Thiiiis iiiis Torontoooo!

tfc-th
08-09-2008, 07:39 AM
That ad is terrible.... and then they added the godawful "this is our house" song. I actually change the channel as soon as I see it begin.

Ah, yes, the 80s metal band crowd-singalong-inspired vocal edit! How I hate that new version. The first version of the commercial with Braveheart and his compatriots doesn't show the sense of humour and inclusive nature of the sport (with Jimmy and Poz just being "regular guys" with determination). It seems to show a bunch of people with pained expressions roaring with frustration and disbelief. Maybe it was filmed after showing highlights of Jeff Cunningham's contribution to Toronto FC?

Maybe the next commercial should feature John Carver and Mo going drink for drink to decide the starting lineup, or Alan Frew's new TFC anthem: "Don't Take That Coke, Steven Page!" Where is Alan anyway? I had high hopes for his latest musical outing being focused around TFC.

What I'm trying to say is that we already know about passion and loyalty (well, my ex-wife doesn't). Let's have more lighthearted yet intelligent commercials like the ol' Jimmy and Poz ad, urinals notwithstanding.

"This? This is our house. Concede defeat, and we'll put the Ultimate Warrior back into his cage."

The Kingpin
08-09-2008, 09:01 AM
Ah, yes, the 80s metal band crowd-singalong-inspired vocal edit! How I hate that new version. The first version of the commercial with Braveheart and his compatriots doesn't show the sense of humour and inclusive nature of the sport (with Jimmy and Poz just being "regular guys" with determination). It seems to show a bunch of people with pained expressions roaring with frustration and disbelief. Maybe it was filmed after showing highlights of Jeff Cunningham's contribution to Toronto FC?

Maybe the next commercial should feature John Carver and Mo going drink for drink to decide the starting lineup, or Alan Frew's new TFC anthem: "Don't Take That Coke, Steven Page!" Where is Alan anyway? I had high hopes for his latest musical outing being focused around TFC.

What I'm trying to say is that we already know about passion and loyalty (well, my ex-wife doesn't). Let's have more lighthearted yet intelligent commercials like the ol' Jimmy and Poz ad, urinals notwithstanding.

"This? This is our house. Concede defeat, and we'll put the Ultimate Warrior back into his cage."

Now that was good for a chuckle. Thank you.

Parkdale
08-09-2008, 09:16 AM
Where is Alan anyway? I had high hopes for his latest musical outing being focused around TFC.

it's in the works. Final touches and all that.

should be within the next week or so.

tfc-th
08-09-2008, 10:11 AM
it's in the works. Final touches and all that.

should be within the next week or so.

This is fantastic news! My Canadian recording dream team for this project:

Alan Frew: vocals
Kim Mitchell: guitar (and crazy pants!)
Alex Lifeson: guitar magic that will always be underrated, no matter how genius it is
Larry/Lawrence/Gowan Gowan: keyboards and backing vocals
Alain Caron: bass, bass, and more bass

I would be willing to share the drumming duties with, say, anyone who sucks less than I. ;) Record it at Metalworks and have the whole thing produced by Arnold Lanni. It's sure to be fantastic, and guaranteed not to be heard south of the border! ;)

I'm grateful to Mr. Frew for putting in the time and effort for this.

cmonyoureds
08-09-2008, 02:33 PM
Maybe BMO would like to put their money where their commercial, I mean mouth, is and send some of those "support" dollars to their "fellow fans" and the supporter groups?

Didn't think so....

GhostPK
08-09-2008, 06:33 PM
I loved this commercial... the warrior one is good too, however that new "This is our house" song they threw over top of the narrative is horrible. Why ruin a decent commercial by being to cheap to think up a new one? (hopefully they are just saving up the commercial money to expand BMO field)