PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 26 - TFC @ Columbus - Sat Aug 26 7:38 pm - Its All (We got) to Play For

OgtheDim
08-21-2023, 09:24 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHsWLq9WoO8&ab_channel=TelephoneExplosionR ecords

Have at It People

jloome
08-22-2023, 08:56 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DHsWLq9WoO8&ab_channel=TelephoneExplosionR ecords

Have at It People

None of us even dare, at this point.

I guess I can only hope he starts Coello, so we have some progressive passing.

OgtheDim
08-22-2023, 09:05 PM
Hey, its a trophy....

Initial B
08-23-2023, 12:27 PM
...that we don't have a hope of winning given how dysfunctional the organization is.

Ultra & Proud
08-23-2023, 01:14 PM
...that we don't have a hope of winning given how dysfunctional the organization is.
Seriously the chances of winning this match have to be like 2% or less.

We're way more likely to get a solid 4-0 hammering.

JoesphNdo
08-23-2023, 01:16 PM
Dumb luck means we have to fall into points eventually, even the worst teams in the best leagues don't get absolutely 0 points. It won't be pretty or mean anything but hey maybe this is one such day

Ultra & Proud
08-23-2023, 02:15 PM
Dumb luck means we have to fall into points eventually, even the worst teams in the best leagues don't get absolutely 0 points. It won't be pretty or mean anything but hey maybe this is one such day
Nah, if we're getting any points in the remaining matches it would most likely be against Charlotte, NYRB, or maybe Vancouver. The first two played poorly against us earlier and let us do what we wanted as slow as we wanted to do it and if that happens again we have a chance. Vancouver just to bother Laryea.

MikeForbes
08-25-2023, 12:08 PM
Lol.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1695121546384195896?s=20

Ultra & Proud
08-25-2023, 12:14 PM
Lol.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1695121546384195896?s=20
Okay so we know he is a whiny little shit and he isn't living up to DP level in MLS but he is probably right to yell at Dunfield because much like Bob, Dunfield is total shit and the players know it.

ag futbol
08-25-2023, 12:15 PM
This team is so screwed.

I know we’ve all typed the same thing 30,000x but how is Bill still here?

ag futbol
08-25-2023, 12:17 PM
Okay so we know he is a whiny little shit and he isn't living up to DP level in MLS but he is probably right to yell at Dunfield because much like Bob, Dunfield is total shit and the players know it.
Yeah, let’s not mince words here, Terry has been worse than Bob. Which is rather awe inspiring.

The more of this stuff I see the more I respect Perez.

Richard
08-25-2023, 12:30 PM
I wouldn't let Terry coach a timbits soccer team, let alone a "Professional" club. Who knows how much damage he has already done in the academy.

We have got to stop this madness.

You don't buy a Ferrari, and have it serviced and calibrated by your local handyman(No offense), you need precision industry knowledge to make it work.

Ultra & Proud
08-25-2023, 12:33 PM
You don't buy a Ferrari, and have it serviced and calibrated by your local handyman(No offense), you need precision industry knowledge to make it work.

Comparing Terry to your local handyman is offensive to the handyman. Terry is more like getting your drunk buddy who took autoshop in high school to fix your Ferrari.

Richard
08-25-2023, 12:40 PM
Comparing Terry to your local handyman is offensive to the handyman. Terry is more like getting your drunk buddy who took autoshop in high school to fix your Ferrari.

Oof, and I was trying to be nice because he's a good guy, and didn't slack as a player for us.

Smokecell
08-25-2023, 01:10 PM
Alright, what's going on here.

I think I'm more amazed that this crap continues to find its way to the Athletic. Somebody has to have an axe to grind with our FO. I'm sure training dustups happen all over, yet somehow only ours goes public?

OgtheDim
08-25-2023, 01:35 PM
Yeh, this is agenda driven.

&

TD is a crap coach.

MikeForbes
08-25-2023, 01:38 PM
Also, weren't what is left of our local media at training? Why didn't they report on this?

SenorDingDong
08-25-2023, 01:42 PM

I think I'm more amazed that this crap continues to find its way to the Athletic. Somebody has to have an axe to grind with our FO. I'm sure training dustups happen all over, yet somehow only ours goes public?

I don't think there's any struggling sports teams that don't have issues like this.

Without knowing the context, I'm still going to say Insigne was probably right. Dunfield is in way over his head.

Ultra & Proud
08-25-2023, 01:44 PM
Also, weren't what is left of our local media at training? Why didn't they report on this?
If they do then the team will revoke their press passes.

FootBallAZ
08-25-2023, 01:59 PM

alejandra rueda (director of medial relations for TFC) -seems like the downfall is aligned with her as well LOL.

MikeForbes
08-25-2023, 02:06 PM
Don't worry, guys. We are only playing two of the better teams this next week. Columbus followed by Philadelphia. I'm sure things will get better.

ag futbol
08-25-2023, 02:09 PM

People are unhappy and need to vent. That’s my take at least.

If they ran a normal, functional environment they wouldn’t be so leaky.

jloome
08-25-2023, 03:02 PM
I'd say there's a good chance someone at the club with very poor judgment leaked this, hoping a narrative about the petulant Italians would distract from the continual tone of ineptitude.

"Get them hating the Italians again." I mean, they may both be horrible pains in the ass, but there's no winning in this shit right now. Nobody's going to benefit from that.

Maybe the media were present when it happened or saw him storm back into the building. Who knows.

It does indicate his frustration level, however. And when he talks about other stars getting better treatment, he could as easily be pointing to Miami hiring Martino as he is to any kind of training deference.

barticusz
08-25-2023, 04:14 PM
Yeah, let’s not mince words here, Terry has been worse than Bob. Which is rather awe inspiring.

The more of this stuff I see the more I respect Perez.

I made a comment on the live cast of TTID this past monday. Basically stating how horrible Dunfield has been and what's worse is that he's been involved in training our youth - implying how the old boys' club continues and we can't hire anyone that is competent. Neskar especially got quite upset by me making such a disdainful comment. He retorted how important it is that Terry brought a softer touch to the team and how great he has been with the U17s.

Bob, like all coaches had his own issues, including playing favourites but Terry has led us completely astray. We've all said it. Bill CANNOT be allowed to make the next hire. We desperately need a proper Football President that can right this ship including hiring all new staff rather than just the guys we like because they're nice.

MikeForbes
08-25-2023, 04:39 PM
The spin seems to be that this is all Insigne's fault and Terry Dunfield is a saint in this matter. Someone in the club definitely leaked this to make the Italians the scapegoats.

ag futbol
08-25-2023, 04:58 PM
I made a comment on the live cast of TTID this past monday. Basically stating how horrible Dunfield has been and what's worse is that he's been involved in training our youth - implying how the old boys' club continues and we can't hire anyone that is competent. Neskar especially got quite upset by me making such a disdainful comment. He retorted how important it is that Terry brought a softer touch to the team and how great he has been with the U17s.

Bob, like all coaches had his own issues, including playing favourites but Terry has led us completely astray. We've all said it. Bill CANNOT be allowed to make the next hire. We desperately need a proper Football President that can right this ship including hiring all new staff rather than just the guys we like because they're nice.
Neskar’s opinions are generally terrible. I avoid anything he’s involved with.

I agree, a new president is the only way.

Gringo Starr
08-25-2023, 05:05 PM

Maybe they were covering the bbq at the zoo

Gringo Starr
08-25-2023, 05:16 PM

In Terry’s defence - who is gonna turn down the chance to joy ride a Ferrari especially when the belong to a bald headed dimwit who bought 2 broken down ones from curb siders just cause they were Italian and red and he wanted to relive his past glory days

ag futbol
08-25-2023, 05:33 PM
Maybe they were covering the bbq at the zoo
I’m hoping the president was doing the BBQ’ing next to the lion pit and a low ledge.

Richard
08-25-2023, 05:36 PM
You guys are hilarious. 😂

OgtheDim
08-25-2023, 05:53 PM
.. Neskar especially got quite upset by me making such a disdainful comment. He retorted how important it is that Terry brought a softer touch to the team and how great he has been with the U17s.

How does he know Dunfield's been great with them? Based on the products making it to the Senior team - the ones who are not good enough at this level compared to their age compatriots in other teams?

Seriously, when was the last time there was ANY report on how our academy is doing?

Nesker thinks they are doing well because Terry Dunfield is a nice guy.

TTID is part of the problem - nice guys over capability.

OgtheDim
08-25-2023, 06:03 PM
Hey some good news

JMR playing in Charlotte tonight for TFCII

FiveThreeTwo
08-25-2023, 06:21 PM
Maybe I’m delusional here but…

Shouldn’t the clubs coaching staff be good enough technically and mentally in the game of football to be able to have personal training programs for these youth guys, pull them aside and be the ones to show them individual motor drills/IQ building drills?

Not that insigne shouldn’t share knowledge, but it’s kind of embarrassing that they just assume that as part of LI’s job description he’s supposed to technically train the youth - only because every other coach is a water bottle filler compared to him technically lol. Get better quality coaching staff and structure and this type of shit probably would happen in the first place

Maybe LI assumed that the younger kids who need the work would be doing these extra drills and the more advanced players would work on more advanced drills or match prep shit - and got annoyed and felt was wasting time. Maybe a terrible take but given our teams setup atm… wouldn’t surprise me lol

SenorDingDong
08-25-2023, 07:39 PM
Hey some good news

JMR playing in Charlotte tonight for TFCII

That's positive.

Cash no deposit better get the start.

los sonadores
08-25-2023, 07:55 PM
How does he know Dunfield's been great with them? Based on the products making it to the Senior team - the ones who are not good enough at this level compared to their age compatriots in other teams?

Seriously, when was the last time there was ANY report on how our academy is doing?

Nesker thinks they are doing well because Terry Dunfield is a nice guy.

TTID is part of the problem - nice guys over capability.

I thought it was telling during Dunfield’s second or third press conference that he raved about the Italians and the talent level and said basically ‘this is wonderful, now I know really want to do this’. By which he meant coach at the senior level. Not only can he not handle that talent level but it should be no surprise. How is it that we are appointing a guy who is just figuring out he wants to do this? For a match or two, okay, but we need a true professional senior level coach wjth experience and prior success. How could it be anyone else?

Mr. Inbetween
08-26-2023, 07:42 AM
If it's Saturday, August 26, 2023, then it must be...

https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/status/1695406235388928088

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:03 AM
I think tonight is going to be very very very bad in terms of how many goals we give up.

5 would be my over / under.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:30 AM
Looks like we get the Caribana inspired uniforms tonight

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1695428382446555381

Same two commentators as last week

Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC
Lower.com Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: Elton Garcia
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Cameron Blanchard
4TH: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Ramy Touchan
AVAR: TJ Zablocki

Hmmm....first MLS game for this referee - not on the roster - was in USL for a few years & also doing NWSL

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:56 AM
Looks like we get the Caribana inspired uniforms tonight

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1695428382446555381

Same two commentators as last week

Columbus Crew vs Toronto FC
Lower.com Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: Elton Garcia
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Cameron Blanchard
4TH: Fotis Bazakos
VAR: Ramy Touchan
AVAR: TJ Zablocki

Hmmm....first MLS game for this referee - not on the roster - was in USL for a few years & also doing NWSL

Fuck me, Ramy Touchan on VAR?! He's mental. I can't imagine what we're going to see.

SenorDingDong
08-26-2023, 09:11 AM
If Dunfield has any courage we will see all 4 of Berna, Insigne, Cassius and Prince start.

And Ibarra + Coello behind them.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 09:23 AM
Hope everyone has their liquor cabinet well stocked. This one could be trouble.

Ultra & Proud
08-26-2023, 10:03 AM
If Dunfield has any courage we will see all 4 of Berna, Insigne, Cassius and Prince start.

Yeah but then JMR won't get to dazzle us with his blossoming offensive talent and we would miss the ageless magic of the Oso - MB midfield.

jloome
08-26-2023, 10:43 AM

Absolutely. Best chance of getting anything out of this.

Yeah but then JMR won't get to dazzle us with his blossoming offensive talent and we would miss the ageless magic of the Oso - MB midfield.

Think JMR played for TFCII yesterday so he won't be in. The fact that they've sent him down to play a game when he's been starting here suggests it's not about playing time, it's because they've accepted he's not ready.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 11:16 AM
Fuck me, Ramy Touchan on VAR?! He's mental. I can't imagine what we're going to see.

Oh...didn't notice that.

Touchan with a newbie Ref....what could go wrong

Ultra & Proud
08-26-2023, 11:18 AM
Think JMR played for TFCII yesterday so he won't be in. The fact that they've sent him down to play a game when he's been starting here suggests it's not about playing time, it's because they've accepted he's not ready.

Ageless magic it is then.

slidetackle
08-26-2023, 02:02 PM
The spin seems to be that this is all Insigne's fault and Terry Dunfield is a saint in this matter. Someone in the club definitely leaked this to make the Italians the scapegoats.

I blame BM. Let him bet on himself somewhere else.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 05:40 PM
This is a lineup.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1695568120747003951?s=20

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 05:41 PM
LOL - Owuso injured already? (he's not in the lineup) - did I miss something this week?

SenorDingDong
08-26-2023, 05:42 PM
Mailula and Ibarra on the bench?

Give me a break Dunfield. Tuning out of this one for sure.

jloome
08-26-2023, 05:43 PM
LOL - Owuso injured already? (he's not in the lineup) - did I miss something this week?

Jesus H, this fucking club. Not a word about this anywhere.

jloome
08-26-2023, 05:43 PM
Is Bradley playing central defense? What the fuck?

portu
08-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Million plus on Cassius and CJ Sapong starts.

Honestly this club is such a trainwreck. I don’t say this lightly but they’re morons and it is known by many that matter.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 05:44 PM
Shane O'Neill and Michael Bradley as the CB pairing against Rossi/Cucho. That will definitely end well.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 05:47 PM
Jesus H, this fucking club. Not a word about this anywhere.

He was in training so maybe the injury happened friday night / today but ...but man our training staff suk donkey male parts.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 05:48 PM
Ibarra on the bench is a disgrace. Needs to be starting every time. Dunfield you are clueless.

Watch for JRR off the bench for Columbus in the second half. Scored last week and I’d bet he’s eager to stick it to us.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 05:48 PM
Million plus on Cassius and CJ Sapong starts.

Honestly this club is such a trainwreck. I don’t say this lightly but they’re morons and it is known by many that matter.

Hated that he didn't even get a minute last game in favor of a million year old VV.

Red CB Toronto
08-26-2023, 05:49 PM

He did leave the last game because of illness , could be still lingering even though he did train this week.

SenorDingDong
08-26-2023, 05:51 PM
Hated that he didn't even get a minute last game in favor of a million year old VV.

It's honestly absurd he's not starting over Sapong. Like what's the point on waiting?? It's not like Sapong is scoring or reliable.

Wait till we're down 3-0 at halftime to bring him on?

Fuck if I was insigne I'd storm out too. Ridiculous decisions

barticusz
08-26-2023, 05:52 PM
I can’t with this lineup. How is Sapong even starting. Where’s Rosted, Prince?

I want a refund for my Apple pass this year.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 05:52 PM
Weird - like he's doing rest for people even though we have a game on Wednesday and then 17 days off

Are they trying to win at home on Wednesday?

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 05:58 PM
Breathe

OK

positives in that lineup

Insigne from the start

&

Romero gets a chance to do a few games in a row

&

(the rest of my thoughts in emoji)

:noidea:

:nonod::nonod::nonod:

:cryin::cryin::cryin:

:taz:

:grouphug:

:drinking:

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 05:58 PM
Weird - like he's doing rest for people even though we have a game on Wednesday and then 17 days off

Are they trying to win at home on Wednesday?

Forgot there is an international break coming up. Gotta think Wednesday is the last game of the Dunfield era.

Graeme
08-26-2023, 05:59 PM
Well..all 3 of our DPs are starting! How many times this season?

noxx98
08-26-2023, 06:00 PM
Tonight's drink of choice: https://www.sonsofkent.com/products/fergie-jenkins-classic-pilsner It goes down nicely. Might need a few of these tonight...

SenorDingDong
08-26-2023, 06:03 PM
This lineup is infuriating. The season is bad enough but whej Dunfield picks this its like we don't even give ourselves a chance to win...

4-0 Columbus

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:09 PM
Tonight's drink of choice: https://www.sonsofkent.com/products/fergie-jenkins-classic-pilsner It goes down nicely. Might need a few of these tonight...

Good choice

Mine

https://www.lcbo.com/en/brugal-anejo-225615

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:16 PM
ooooooooo...a starting 11 lineup card...

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1695577220134154385

jloome
08-26-2023, 06:27 PM
Gahd, they look grim.

Valdal
08-26-2023, 06:29 PM
ANyone have a stream?

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:30 PM
For those wondering why I want a couple of CB's before we get a CF...I call forward my first piece of evidence - this starting lineup.

noxx98
08-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Sapong bottle job...

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:40 PM
Probably his best chance of the year....

MikeForbes
CJ Sapong with the prototypical TFC striker miss.

Smokecell
For those wondering why I want a couple of CB's before we get a CF...I call forward my first piece of evidence - this starting lineup.

Case closed.

jloome
08-26-2023, 06:41 PM
Bradley covering the same man as O'Neill leaves Cucho unmarked at the top of the box. Brutal.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 06:44 PM
Tearing our midfield apart. Morris or Nagbe would be unquestioned legends at TFC.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:47 PM
"Its not all doom and gloom"

DRINK

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 06:49 PM
Sapong bottle job...
Honestly, if he’s not getting that on net, he should never see the field again. It bounced 3x before he finally swung at it.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 06:51 PM
Has Insigne touched the ball yet?

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 06:51 PM
Maybe someone can tell me if the FB should be tucked in there but nonetheless, poor pass

Smokecell
08-26-2023, 06:52 PM
Tearing our midfield apart. Morris or Nagbe would be unquestioned legends at TFC.

The real question is whether or not they are nice people, because that might vault them to the top of our head coach search.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Columbus plan. Attack the space in front of Bradley, rinse / repeat.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 06:56 PM
Ho hum. An actual DP doing DP things.

jloome
08-26-2023, 06:57 PM
20 mins.

Eh. Our players, i suspect, hate each other and don't give a shit about playing for TFC . That's what it looks like. Very little pride on display out there. I've seen more fight from a boiled potato.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 06:57 PM
Ok

About Tomas Romero

Almost all his goals against are rebound goals

Can we fire Conway so somebody can teach him how to palm things away?

noxx98
08-26-2023, 06:58 PM
In brighter news, I feel like the ref has done a good job so far.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Ok

About Tomas Romero

Almost all his goals against are rebound goals

Can we fire Conway so somebody can teach him how to palm things away?

Romero looks to have excellent reflexes and instincts but horrible technique.

noxx98
How does Insigne miss that...

jloome
Jesus, we're fucking cursed.

$15M a season, boys...

MikeForbes
Insigne just destroyed the crossbar.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 07:01 PM
I don't think I've ever seen somebody hit the exact point where the crossbar meets the post...

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:01 PM
Insigne just destroyed the crossbar.

Sorry, post.

Red CB Toronto
08-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Romero looks to have excellent reflexes and instincts but horrible technique.

That is why I want to see Luka, that kid knows how to get it done. Has good shot blocking ability and lateral movement, can really come up with the big save.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:05 PM
Bernie has been great tonight.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:06 PM
That is why I want to see Luka, that kid knows how to get it done. Has good shot blocking ability and lateral movement, can really come up with the big save.

I would like to see him get a couple games too. It can't get any worse.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:09 PM
Aiden Morris is who TFC fan bloggers thought Liam Fraser would be. Except at Real Madrid.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 07:11 PM
O'Neill & Bradley looking at each other after that Rameriz header as if to say "uh, did you see him?"

No awareness....

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:12 PM
Bleeding chances now.

Amir.
08-26-2023, 07:14 PM
dont know why its so hard to understand that there has to be way more direct play instead of forcing short passes from the back and end up losing the ball...they did that under bradley and still doing it now...the two big scoring chances tonight came from direct balls from the back to sapong and bernardeschi

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 07:16 PM
man that quick one touch counter play by columbus at the 39th-40th minute... With two decent italians, an oso and a competent striker running a channel - those type of quick outlet plays are what we should be doing all the time with ease. to get in and overload. Why can't we progress the ball that quick lol, and why does it feel like our play making is like rolling the ball in wet cement? lol

Amir.
08-26-2023, 07:18 PM
great last second interception by bradley

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:18 PM
Servania has been awful, Oso mostly invisible, Coello decent but lacking mobility. Ibarra is desperately needed.

jloome
08-26-2023, 07:19 PM
Our fullbacks are completely out of their depth. As usual, our workrate is poor, and we're not moving the ball quickly.

Usual shit.

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Servania has been awful, Oso mostly invisible, Coello decent but lacking mobility. Ibarra is desperately needed.

yeah why didn't he start? he was a fairly flexible midfield in atlanta... or does he have a knock? he could have played that servania role no problem

Auzzy
08-26-2023, 07:20 PM
WHY THE HELL do the keep leaving Columbus SO much time and space to put in crosses?

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 07:22 PM
Servania, like Franklin, should only be starting half the games & coming in as a sub on others.

A lot of these guys have played way too many minutes for their minds to remain sharp.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 07:24 PM
We’re basically playing a one man midfield right now with Coello. Osorio is out of the play, Servania is useless.

How does Ibarra ever end up on the bench here?

And where are the in game adjustments from Dunfield. He should be screaming at Osorio to come back further and play box-to-box

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 07:26 PM
Stats

https://www.torontofc.ca/competitions/mls-regular-season/2023/matches/clbvstor-08-26-2023/stats

Nobody but Kobe passing to Sapong....he's being ignored once we advance the ball.

SoccMan2
08-26-2023, 07:32 PM
So why is Ibarra on the bench? Why is the new South African kid on the bench and has still yet to see the field , either Dumbfield knows something we don’t know or this guy is really a totally idiot ! But then again with all that amazing talent that has come out of the academy that this guy has been involved with forever I think I’ve got my answer .

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 07:33 PM
past run of games have also really shown how 1 dimensional we were in attack with laryea being the only one who knew to drive the space and make a run for one of the italians. Still couldn't afford him, and never a solution in the roster rebuild - but i'd be curious how bob results would have looked if richie wasn't bombing down the wing and he wasn't loaned to us this year at all, and how many points he saved us alone with those solo runs.

I also can't understand for the life of me why other players out there can't get a temporary sense of creativity or opportunity by just looking around like richie did. Are they so brain cramped between deciding whether to stay back, mark near opponent, be the back pass option for a team mate, or driving forward as an option ahead of the play... that they just get confuse as fuck and mental block in processing the play? Like when your team mate has the ball... its intuition to look around and see what forward progression options are available, and if there aren't options available and you aren't the immediate relief pass option... can you run into a space head being created because the defender has to stay close to the guy that's the relief pass if im a midfield or fullback?. This isn't calculus... its basic pass n move shit. Are their brains that fked up with an overload of directives (or lack of fucks for whats actually happening on the pitch) that they just don't make runs forward or find space ahead? Its boggling that hardly happens, or is done just so poorly.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:35 PM
Don't you guys worry, noted Canadian DeAndre Kerr is here.

Mr. Inbetween
08-26-2023, 07:37 PM
Oh boy! At the moment, officially last in MLS/WC? Are we the current MLS Wooden Spoon recipient overall or is it Colorado by GD?

Mr. Inbetween
08-26-2023, 07:38 PM
Don't you guys worry, noted Canadian DeAndre Kerr is here.

So, seems according to TD, DK > CM.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 07:39 PM
Is our no-cash-deposit actually an empty bank account? Needs time to reach fitness?

Seems like a no brainer to put him in for Sapong instead of Kerr.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:43 PM
Is our no-cash-deposit actually an empty bank account? Needs time to reach fitness?

Seems like a no brainer to put him in for Sapong instead of Kerr.

Oh no, is Terry a crypto bro and offended by Cassius' nickname?

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:45 PM
So, Kobe Franklin... A product of us over rating young players yet again?

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 07:47 PM
why are we playing out of the back, and dinking around with the ball. Like others are saying - we need more tempo and more direct balls atm into space while Cbus pressures lol

To use Andy Roddick's quote for our defense lol- "you're not good enough to be that cocky"

SoccMan2
08-26-2023, 07:49 PM
Hey look another injury lol the guy actually having a decent game for once in his life but lol he can’t continue but don’t worry we have another great center back coming on , incredible shit can’t script this garbage if you wanted too.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 07:50 PM
Oh no, is Terry a crypto bro and offended by Cassius' nickname?
His dress on the bench definitely gives off shitty startup vibes.

Auzzy
08-26-2023, 07:50 PM

I think it's really hard to evaluate young players like Franklin on such a crappy team with such awful coaching. I think Franklin could probably be an OK MLS player, but I'm really not sure. I've seen lots of good and lots of bad from him. Maybe a better coach helps to eliminate some of the worst. In his current state, TFC depends on him too much because they're very thin.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Gonna fight Dunfield if he brings on VV before Cassius and Ibarra.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Romero is alright.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:54 PM
Cash money! And an old man.

jloome
08-26-2023, 07:54 PM
Our central midfielders have no pace. There's no point playing three across the middle when none of them can ever support the play.

We should be playing 4-2-3-1.

Shit, he's taking of Coello. Fucking idiot, man. I'm sorry Terry, you're a nice dude, but you have no idea what you're doing.

Hopefully the kid doesn't get a bad feeling off this.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 07:55 PM
There it is! Please be our saviour.

jloome
08-26-2023, 07:55 PM
Mailula almost scores immediately.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 07:58 PM
Rooting so hard for Cassius. Africa is such a better place to find deals than South America.

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 08:01 PM
inb4 Vazquez gets transformed into a late career, deep lying Pirlo lol - let hit him trot around deep and just snipe bullets to the wingers or strikers. I guess we'd need two absolute monster ball winners tho with pace to allow that to be a thing tho lol

Auzzy
Why the fuck is Servania still on the field and Coello off????

jloome
1-0 and we've had enough chances to actually get a point out of this. No one getting it done.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:02 PM
The kid pressures well, better than Kerr. He puts real effort into closing.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:05 PM

Never should have played the amount of games he has.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 08:08 PM
They missed that one. Raised his leg and caught him on the knee.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:10 PM
Are these announcers challenged? He was trying to head it across the box to an incoming player, but the header was soft and Kerr was late.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Wow, Osorio's been pretty much total dogshit today. Bad touches, bad passes. He knows it, too, morale looks low.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:14 PM
It's like we're waiting for them to score.

ag futbol
Berna has played a good game. Getting very little support out there.

FiveThreeTwo
Cassius needs to start in some capacity. You can see his spatial awareness is there to know where and when to drop into/move forward/etc into the proper spaces, and can cut a pass and move the ball forward - he just needs time to adapt and understand how team mates play. Dunno where he goes... uptop or where ever but off ball movement and awareness is higher than our other strikers atm (haven't seen much of prince yet tho)

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:16 PM
I'm not sure why our forwards bother to move when the ball is being passed around. They never actually put any pressure on the ball.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:18 PM
Oh this is so hopeless.

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 08:18 PM
"If I'm toronto I'm trying to rally my team mates... man its only 1-0 against columbus! we can get a result here" - play by play guy

well bro... that's what you call a losers mentality lol.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 08:19 PM
“He’ll never cut it here”

MikeForbes
The one actually good Canadian to come through our academy scores. Makes sense.

OgtheDim
CB's

WE NEED CB's

notthesun
Good for Russell-Rowe. Former academy kid we gave up on prematurely because we're incompetent putting us to bed, it's really the cherry on top.

Amir.
08-26-2023, 08:20 PM
bad judgment by mabika...had to back up way more when the ball was in the air and he would have gotten there first

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:20 PM
Wow, Osorio's been pretty much total dogshit today. Bad touches, bad passes. He knows it, too, morale looks low.

Like he hasn't recovered since the Croatia game.

SoccMan2
08-26-2023, 08:22 PM
This Mabika guy should never I repeat never see the field again how many screw ups every game , the guy just kept advancing in soccer because of his height , the guy is totally useless release this guy after tonight , having no one there would be better Jesus Christ .

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:23 PM
"Well we were in it until near the end and showed a lot of heart"

Dunfield in about 15 minutes.

jloome
No composure on the team, no coaching for a consistent pace of play. Sloppy passes, tentative passes and movement.

This is just an incredibly badly coached team.

I can't say I'm surprised they haven't kept Stalteri on as a field coach if he was responsible for any of this under Bob.

Whoever they get has to bring in the full meal deal of staff. No hangers on from this shitshow.

ag futbol
Like he hasn't recovered since seeing his bank account post contract extension and giving up.
Fixed it.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:25 PM
This Mabika guy should never I repeat never see the field again how many screw ups every game , the guy just kept advancing in soccer because of his height , the guy is totally useless release this guy after tonight , having no one there would be better Jesus Christ .

This was the knock in Miami. Phil Neville gave him a shot even though everyone said he was too inconsistent. For a couple of matches he was okay, but then same deal, as the general pressure on the team increased, his composure decreased.

I'm amazed how little composure we have. The only players who routinely seem to exhibit tonight are Coello, Bernardeschi and...I don't know, that's it really. Insigne is just choke central. Chokes on the shot, decides he won't pass to anyone but Bernie but leaves three in a row short...

Just an embarrassing performance from him.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:26 PM
Kerr covering his mouth as he talks to russell rowe so the camera won't see what he says.

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 08:26 PM
No composure on the team, no coaching for a consistent pace of play. Sloppy passes, tentative passes and movement.

This is just an incredibly badly coached team.

I can't say I'm surprised they haven't kept Stalteri on as a field coach if he was responsible for any of this under Bob.

Whoever they get has to bring in the full meal deal of staff. No hangers on from this shitshow.

might explain why they asked Insigne and probably others like Vazquez to work those drills with the young guys lol. Like Conway is gonna show these guys how to take a one touch turn around defender or midfielder lol.

Seriously tho... When I saw Conway out there with a clipboard trying to tactically direct traffic for the squad there halfway during this game... to quote Caldwell "we're just at 6s n 7s" atm lol.

jloome
08-26-2023, 08:27 PM
Anyone else think they should hire someone even with this season already done? Fuck the waiting. Any change right now would be positive, even if we only see anything from it in the last five games of the season.

Or is that unfair to whoever's taking over?

mowe
08-26-2023, 08:30 PM
Man it’s tough to watch this team. They’ve clearly given up.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:32 PM
Anyone else think they should hire someone even with this season already done? Fuck the waiting. Any change right now would be positive, even if we only see anything from it in the last five games of the season.

Depends on what you think is there to work around for next season.

BTW, I disagree on Insigne - he at least tries stuff & gets places and thinks. Problem is he needs a good LB & LM around him who can support him & a CF who can score - we have 0 of that.

OgtheDim
08-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Man it’s tough to watch this team. They’ve clearly given up.

Yup...that's the tough bit. Team gives up.

Waiting for a pundit to ask that again or at least talk about it - Molinaro asked it after the NYC game - if CBUs had scored like they should have tonight, it would have been 5. Dunfield is going to deny it and his enablers in pundit land will too - they will talk about how "the atmosphere changed"

Well I'm going to say this, Bradley had to go

&

this team never gave up like this when BB was in charge.

Even in the darkest times of the last 16 years, I have never seen at TFC team give up like this one has.

FiveThreeTwo
08-26-2023, 08:55 PM

+1 with what Og added. I think it depends on how much of the roster they want to try and pick apart and keep long term. Were getting to a point now where this isn't just form, poor coaching, or poor player skill. Anyone in the club remotely worth building on (save the new lads), between Armas to Dunfield - have only played in a culture where the results of their work resulted in losses, or ties- a complete losers mentality.

You can see that in todays game. They truly were only down 1-0 before that RR goal. Not a single player who started the game (maybe a few spirts of effort), appeared to have this sense of clarity that were like fuck me boys were 1 goal away from a point. Lets focus up here, play for ourselves and our own pride, and lets just throw shit at the net and see if we can't make something happen!. They all just fucked around, 0 real intensity; almost as if its now a self fulfilled prophecy because they only know to come out onto the pitch to lose. It's a brutal state- I don't think many managers are gonna get results this season if they need to use this player base, and this staff- No matter the training regiment change up, tactical choices, in game changes and micromanagement. This club is full of losers atm (and that's a tough thing to say).

If they genuinely want to salvage these guys lol, they might as well bring 1-2 psychologists into the squad so they can air out the laundry and get their self belief and confidence levels back - so they can get back to enjoying the game again, and not only ever thinking that their work in training and preparation will result in a loss, arguing on the field/tantrums, or battling for a tie. I don't think that is all too far fetched - this club will have to break apart most of these players I feel - because even with a new coach the past few years will have left semi permanent negative relationships with groups of them. If its Herdman... he's gonna have to pull a Scott Arfield and do some cutting lol.

Obviously every single coach or club level staffer should be slowly moved out. We simply need an overhaul of positive vibes, new fresh takes, and nobody that can carry over any of the negative effects of this bullshit run. Not a single staffer that is in around the players bench should be here in a year. TBH - if i'm a prospective coach coming in to this club - i'm seeing the level of leaks clearly coming from players and staffers - and there's no way in hell I trust many of them to not to the same shit if I came in.

MikeForbes
08-26-2023, 08:58 PM
Tied for last in MLS with the Rapids now. And they have two games in hand.

Smokecell
08-26-2023, 09:01 PM
This is worse than 2012. We are redefining rock bottom.

rydermike
08-26-2023, 09:21 PM
Welp, I guess I'm glad I've been on vacation the past week and couldn't watch the games. Reading through the threads, seems like it was just more and more disappointment.

Bushmancan
08-26-2023, 09:56 PM
I just figured it out…. We are tanking the season for the superdraft pick. :party:
Manning is a very stable genius!

Red CB Toronto
08-26-2023, 09:59 PM
Unless it's Herdman and the deal is at least close to being done, who of quality are you going to get at this point, the person is totally our of work right now. I guess someone like Caleb Porter , a veteran MLS experienced coach could step in now. They have to get this one absolutely right or this thing could slide into a place this team has never been. We saw it in 2012-13 where one more bad season could have done real damage. I simply see them letting Terry ride this season out regardless of anything.

Ultra & Proud
08-26-2023, 10:27 PM
Unless it's Herdman and the deal is at least close to being done, who of quality are you going to get at this point, the person is totally our of work right now. I guess someone like Caleb Porter , a veteran MLS experienced coach could step in now. They have to get this one absolutely right or this thing could slide into a place this team has never been. We saw it in 2012-13 where one more bad season could have done real damage. I simply see them letting Terry ride this season out regardless of anything.

In my opinion Savarese over Porter. He is proven on a lower budget team.

ag futbol
08-26-2023, 11:52 PM
Replay of the goal. Definitely primarily a Mabika issue but wholly god Bradley looks slow trying to run that down.

Time to hang ‘em up.

barticusz
08-27-2023, 12:51 AM
Yup...that's the tough bit. Team gives up.

Waiting for a pundit to ask that again or at least talk about it - Molinaro asked it after the NYC game - if CBUs had scored like they should have tonight, it would have been 5. Dunfield is going to deny it and his enablers in pundit land will too - they will talk about how "the atmosphere changed"

Well I'm going to say this, Bradley had to go

&

this team never gave up like this when BB was in charge.

Even in the darkest times of the last 16 years, I have never seen at TFC team give up like this one has.

Couldn't agree more. We've never been as awful as we have with TD managing this team. We're getting outworked, outplayed and outsmarted all over the pitch.

I will also say this, Herdman is not the answer.

Super
08-27-2023, 01:08 AM
New record boys. 10 defeats in a row. Winter can finally end the claim of worst period in TFC history. It's been beaten.

Now how about we get a striker NEXT?

ensco
08-27-2023, 01:45 AM
Jeez, watching the highlights of that was painful. Looked like good chances were about 10-2.

How is that MacNaughton for Mabika swap (if that is what is was) looking now?

[EDIT: have now read thread, I see I was far from the only one jumping on Mabika]

SoccMan2
08-27-2023, 05:36 AM
Look I know it’s not entirely all on Dunfield but he is the coach right now and since he has taken over they have only one goal and no points and have lost every game . I don’t know what aspirations he has for the future in terms of coaching at the pro level but who in their right mind will ever hire this guy , moreover , with the academy being in shambles where the players coming through just never seem to be good enough in the end and he having played a pretty significant role in that academy over the years , I think his time at least at even the MLS academy level for any MLS team might be done .

Smokecell
08-27-2023, 06:16 AM
Jeez, watching the highlights of that was painful. Looked like good chances were about 10-2.

[EDIT: have now read thread, I see I was far from the only one jumping on Mabika]

The time to ask this was probably not on the heels of Nashville getting lit up for 4, and Macnaughton playing the full 90 while looking atrocious.

MikeForbes
08-27-2023, 06:40 AM
"Well we were in it until near the end and showed a lot of heart"

Dunfield in about 15 minutes.

Turns out he went on about "how we are becoming hard to beat".

OgtheDim
08-27-2023, 07:32 AM
Turns out he went on about "how we are becoming hard to beat".

A team giving up 31 shots is not hard to beat.

I'm sure his remit was to remain positive no matter what but there are limits to logic.

ag futbol
08-27-2023, 08:37 AM

Sort of hard to tell without giving Mabika a more solid parter to play with. Otherwise it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

But even if we just took that trade in isolation. Sapong looks awful and MacNaughton could be a useful player in this league for another half decade or more.

SoccMan2
08-27-2023, 11:07 AM
Sort of hard to tell without giving Mabika a more solid parter to play with. Otherwise it’s kind of an apples to oranges comparison.

But even if we just took that trade in isolation. Sapong looks awful and MacNaughton could be a useful player in this league for another half decade or more.
Give Mabika a proper partner ? I don’t think so just look at the mistakes this guy keeps making and a better partner is not going to help him when he gets completely turned last Sunday on one of those Montreal goals and last night where he lost the track of the ball and then was easily beat on that 2nd Crew goal . Either he is not ready for this level yet or he is just not good enough .

ensco
08-27-2023, 11:48 AM
The time to ask this was probably not on the heels of Nashville getting lit up for 4, and Macnaughton playing the full 90 while looking atrocious.

I am travelling, didn't see that.

General statement: MacNaughton has won the confidence of a very good team pretty quickly. He started against Miami last week in the leagues Cup final, and was excellent.

ag futbol
08-27-2023, 12:50 PM
Give Mabika a proper partner ? I don’t think so just look at the mistakes this guy keeps making and a better partner is not going to help him when he gets completely turned last Sunday on one of those Montreal goals and last night where he lost the track of the ball and then was easily beat on that 2nd Crew goal . Either he is not ready for this level yet or he is just not good enough .
I tend to agree with your view but in fairness we’ve seen this with McNaughton, Mavinga, and others. Having a top dog back there makes a ton of difference.

Going into this season, before we made moves, I would have said we need an entirely new CB pairing and a rebuilt midfield. And look where we are now? Essentially the exact same place

leedsandTFC
08-27-2023, 02:43 PM
what's the longest mls losing run ever?

surely if we keep dunfield in place we'll break it.

Loyal
08-27-2023, 03:10 PM
Osorio looks done.......for TFC and especially Canada!

Oldtimer
08-27-2023, 03:52 PM
what's the longest mls losing run ever?

surely if we keep dunfield in place we'll break it.

Most losses in a row was Cincinnati from fall 2021-spring 2022 (14).

Most losses in a season was the 1999 Metrostars (25).

Toronto could beat the Cincinnati record, but I'm afraid that the Metrostars record is out of reach for this season.

boozilla
08-27-2023, 05:43 PM
Zero chemistry, less swagger.

How did we get here?
Vanney leaving? Betting on Italian mercenaries?

Smokecell
08-27-2023, 07:37 PM
I am travelling, didn't see that.

General statement: MacNaughton has won the confidence of a very good team pretty quickly. He started against Miami last week in the leagues Cup final, and was excellent.

This is true. The big difference between LC and last night - Walker Zimmerman. Last night he played beside Maher. He needs a commanding partner at the back.

Even in fairness to Mabika, he looked far more competent when playing next to Hedges. That profile of defender is so important to have when developing young CBs.

And yes, for a second consecutive offseason, that exact piece is arguably our top need.

Auzzy
08-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Most losses in a row was Cincinnati from fall 2021-spring 2022 (14).

Most losses in a season was the 1999 Metrostars (25).

Toronto could beat the Cincinnati record, but I'm afraid that the Metrostars record is out of reach for this season.

TFC can't even excel at losing. ;)

Blindside16
08-28-2023, 01:13 AM

Neskar is a knob. He needs to spend more time listening and less time running his mouth and interrupting everyone

ensco
08-28-2023, 01:14 AM
TFC can't even excel at losing. ;)

Oh you are wrong. We are definitely extraordinary in our ability to lose. You have to adjust for spend.

1999, that was a hard cap league. We are doing spending 2x what most every team in the league spends.

Joe Kool
08-28-2023, 08:34 AM
Osorio looks done.......for TFC and especially Canada!

Yeah he was invisible out there I thought and is supposed to be one of our DPs this year. Even our new signing Mailula made more of an impact with limited time than Oso. I actually was thinking during the game that it is rare to see all 3 DPs on the field at once for us.....but it made no difference. Sad.

FootBallAZ
08-28-2023, 10:13 AM
Yeah he was invisible out there I thought and is supposed to be one of our DPs this year. Even our new signing Mailula made more of an impact with limited time than Oso. I actually was thinking during the game that it is rare to see all 3 DPs on the field at once for us.....but it made no difference. Sad.
'

osorio -isnt DP talent- please clarify when suggestion Osorio is a DP- he is ONLY A DP because of the mis-management of bill manning.

in no other scenario would osorio be a DP.

Ultra & Proud
08-28-2023, 10:22 AM
'

osorio -isnt DP talent- please clarify when suggestion Osorio is a DP- he is ONLY A DP because of the mis-management of bill manning.

Osorio is currently not worth his TAM deal either though.

SenorDingDong
08-28-2023, 10:36 AM

The problem I have with Herdman coming is if he gives preference or not to these types of CMNT players. (though I guess he would have no attachment anymore?)

With Prince and Cash here I would bench Osorio.

front 4 - Insigne, Berna, Prince, Cash.

FootBallAZ
08-28-2023, 10:43 AM

you could say the same for:

pettetra
bradley
guiteriez?
diomande
sapong

LOL

Ultra & Proud
08-28-2023, 11:06 AM
you could say the same for:

pettetra
bradley
guiteriez?
diomande
sapong

LOL

All true excpt you missed Insigne, Bernareschi, & O'Neill. Add them to the overpaid list.

Joe Kool
08-28-2023, 11:13 AM
'

TFC classified him as a DP when asked this year (basically accounting thing we think like you mentioned). So that is why I called him that. Now if asked if I think he should be a DP then I am in agreement with most on this board that he is not DP worthy.

FootBallAZ
08-28-2023, 11:33 AM
TFC classified him as a DP when asked this year (basically accounting thing we think like you mentioned). So that is why I called him that. Now if asked if I think he should be a DP then I am in agreement with most on this board that he is not DP worthy.

oh ya I know! nothing against you- it just bothered me when I saw Osorio + DP in the same sentence.

Joe Kool
08-28-2023, 11:40 AM
oh ya I know! nothing against you- it just bothered me when I saw Osorio + DP in the same sentence.

LOL....I think that statement was very hard to swallow for all of us when they said it.