PDA

View Full Version : Leagues Cup Round 1 - TFC @ NYC (in New Jersey) Wed July 26 7:38pm - I think I like

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-17-2023, 05:48 AM
that you seem sincere

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5V6NRWIEkM&ab_channel=AvrilLavigneMusicDi scovery

Have at It People

MikeForbes
07-17-2023, 05:54 AM
The only competition that matters now. Let's make a run.

levyashin
07-17-2023, 07:31 AM
You have to score goals to win so unless a top centre forward is on deck before this competition starts it will be more of the same.
As for a new coach Manning has to go before any real change happens.

Ultra & Proud
07-17-2023, 08:45 AM
You have to score goals to win so unless a top centre forward is on deck before this competition starts it will be more of the same.
As for a new coach Manning has to go before any real change happens.
Let the summer of Akiponguzza begin!

Richard
07-17-2023, 09:42 AM
Does anyone care about this phony cash grab of a tournament?

Ultra & Proud
07-17-2023, 10:01 AM
Nope. Only bonus is that I am actively trying to forget that we're playing this season so this is a nice break from having to think about how shit we are.

Now if we were having a season like Cinci or something I would be pissed.

Joe Kool
07-17-2023, 11:17 AM
My expectations are low so things will either happen as expected and we won't do well or I will be pleasantly surprised....win/win sort of. I actually laughed at the email when they wanted to give us the option to opt out or not of adding additional game tickets to our account as we progress through the tournament. First two games are included in our season ticket package it says but we only have one home game in the group stage. I know they have to prepare from a ticketing standpoint but we are not making it to any other round....give me a break. Not even sure there was a need for people to opt out. If two games are included in our season package and we only have the one home game do we get a refund for the one game? Not sure. Or did I misread something?

FootBallAZ
07-17-2023, 01:45 PM
I believe refund

I think we get 17 regular season + 2 other games included for season pass

wopchop
07-17-2023, 01:48 PM
My expectations are low so things will either happen as expected and we won't do well or I will be pleasantly surprised....win/win sort of. I actually laughed at the email when they wanted to give us the option to opt out or not of adding additional game tickets to our account as we progress through the tournament. First two games are included in our season ticket package it says but we only have one home game in the group stage. I know they have to prepare from a ticketing standpoint but we are not making it to any other round....give me a break. Not even sure there was a need for people to opt out. If two games are included in our season package and we only have the one home game do we get a refund for the one game? Not sure. Or did I misread something?
According to the e-mail that I got,
"

As a Toronto FC Member, you will a receive a minimum of one (1) Leagues Cup match as part of your 20-game Membership package. For any additional home matches played in this tournament, you will also receive priority access to your Membership seats.

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/peTBumdcVRMhmqdiCzmnOVaYc-JbKd9YCLP8rYEBhral84qZPBJvaCHerreGhnUUeGv1YuerQrTv ao2XMa8WLY87FbKuGUc_ctzjbD5aGCrDeYHxj4oSrAmnht_JtJ cBYvwl3ObjME8JxknIrF67r7s2cC2qew=s0-d-e1-ft#https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

"

Joe Kool
07-17-2023, 01:55 PM
According to the e-mail that I got,
"

As a Toronto FC Member, you will a receive a minimum of one (1) Leagues Cup match as part of your 20-game Membership package. For any additional home matches played in this tournament, you will also receive priority access to your Membership seats.
https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/peTBumdcVRMhmqdiCzmnOVaYc-JbKd9YCLP8rYEBhral84qZPBJvaCHerreGhnUUeGv1YuerQrTv ao2XMa8WLY87FbKuGUc_ctzjbD5aGCrDeYHxj4oSrAmnht_JtJ cBYvwl3ObjME8JxknIrF67r7s2cC2qew=s0-d-e1-ft#https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

"

Interesting. This was my last automated email from my rep.

https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

As a friendly reminder, Leagues Cup 2023 will take place from July 21st to August 19th, 2023.

Your Toronto FC Membership includes the first 2 home matches during the Leagues Cup.

Should TFC advance and host more than matches noted above, your Membership seats for any additional Leagues Cup home match(es) will be automatically added to your account unless you opt-out by July 8, 2023. Details on how to opt-out are below.

Please note that any additional match(es) will be charged on a pay-as-confirmed basis to your default method of payment on file for your account. No payment is due at this time.

wopchop
07-17-2023, 01:58 PM
Interesting. This was my last automated email from my rep.

https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

As a friendly reminder, Leagues Cup 2023 will take place from July 21st to August 19th, 2023.

Your Toronto FC Membership includes the first 2 home matches during the Leagues Cup.

Should TFC advance and host more than matches noted above, your Membership seats for any additional Leagues Cup home match(es) will be automatically added to your account unless you opt-out by July 8, 2023. Details on how to opt-out are below.

Please note that any additional match(es) will be charged on a pay-as-confirmed basis to your default method of payment on file for your account. No payment is due at this time.

Oh my mistake. I have the same e-mail as you (I trashed it, hah). The one I quoted is from Oct 18/22.
Our package included 17 regular season matches & 3 additional matches, so it makes sense.

Fort York Redcoat
07-17-2023, 02:03 PM

Well I care so much as I can't stand that they're doing it. Glad I have so much else to watch in the break. I'm sorry anybody got this lumped into their seasons.

ensco
07-17-2023, 04:01 PM

I care about the Atlas game.

This format is dumb. Having two of the three games be against MLS teams severely devalues this.

The model should be that Mexican teams play MLS teams in the first three games or four games, with some sort of advancing mechanism resulting from the outcome of those games.

Richard
07-17-2023, 05:24 PM
I care about the Atlas game.

This format is dumb. Having two of the three games be against MLS teams severely devalues this.

The model should be that Mexican teams play MLS teams in the first three games or four games, with some sort of advancing mechanism resulting from the outcome of those games.

They went full hockey parity rules to create fake sense of competitiveness.

Each team will receive 1 point if the game is tied after 90 minutes
The winner of the subsequent penalty shootout will earn an additional point
Top two teams advance in a group of three. Like what? Really?

Should have went with groups of 4 evenly split between MLS and LigaMX, top two advance like World Cup. It will never happen because many MLS teams will fail to advance that way.

nick.mastro
07-17-2023, 06:03 PM
Just try insigne and Bernie as the two strikers in a 4-4-2. Every striker we have is trash. Nothing to lose at this point

OgtheDim
07-17-2023, 06:37 PM

:seeya:

Its different - the format is bad but the idea is a good one. Give it a few years to see what occurs. They are selling it wrong by talking about rivalries but this is a long term project.

&

If you want to prove to the penny pinching MLS owner types that their approach is doomed to fail to make competitive teams outside of MLS, here's the way to do it. If Liga MX, barely into its season, wipes the floor of most MLS teams...lessons will be learned.

Richard
07-18-2023, 06:38 AM
:seeya:

Its different - the format is bad but the idea is a good one. Give it a few years to see what occurs. They are selling it wrong by talking about rivalries but this is a long term project.

&

If you want to prove to the penny pinching MLS owner types that their approach is doomed to fail to make competitive teams outside of MLS, here's the way to do it. If Liga MX, barely into its season, wipes the floor of most MLS teams...lessons will be learned.

Maybe it's because our team has been hot garbage that I am soured on this tournament, normally I would salivate to see TFC vs Mexican teams. My favorite memories are Giovinco vs LigaMX and getting their media in a frenzy.

MLS vs LigaMX is a great concept, but we kind of already have champions league which becomes that, the formating for this is wrong.

If the winner of this tournament got an entry into Copa Libertadores then you have my attention, the stakes and excitement would be greater.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-18-2023, 07:19 AM
If the winner of this tournament got an entry into Copa Libertadores then you have my attention, the stakes and excitement would be greater.

I think the best would be that both finalists get an entry into Copa Libertadores.
That wouldn't dilute too much Copa Libertadores.

stevep
07-18-2023, 10:46 AM

100% cash grab

Fort York Redcoat
07-19-2023, 12:18 PM
This match is as good as the team getting SJ's back in front of his old team

OgtheDim
07-23-2023, 08:40 PM
So with that loss today, if we win this or get the win on PK's, we are through to the next round.

Gringo Starr
07-23-2023, 09:52 PM
This almost seems doable, nyc seems almost as shit as us. We are due to score at some point.

James17930
07-23-2023, 11:23 PM
We'll probably lose 4-0.

Mr. Inbetween
07-24-2023, 06:10 AM
So with that loss today, if we win this or get the win on PK's, we are through to the next round.

Sure about this? Thought other permutations were still in effect? It's Monday, so I'm probably confused. < EDIT > Yup, I am dazed. You are correct! Took me some time, but I figured it out. :)

Mister Karpf
07-24-2023, 02:59 PM
Just try insigne and Bernie as the two strikers in a 4-4-2. Every striker we have is trash. Nothing to lose at this point

They’re both “injured” and won’t be available this weekend.

OgtheDim
07-24-2023, 05:09 PM
There's been no injury report

los sonadores
07-24-2023, 06:05 PM
There's been no injury report

Good to hear. Let’s hope at least one of the two Italians can play. They’re both overdue to score and we need goals desperately.

FiveThreeTwo
07-24-2023, 08:11 PM
My fear is the italians and mostly berna are completely into the stages of hopeless self-fulfilled prophecy that are basically irreparable even if they are healthy. Can't really hope to get them back and slot them in as reliable players when Berna for instance appears all but checked out and just waiting for things to happen from his lack of presence in social media channels and his body language in interviews and whenever you see him.

Maybe im wrong- but whens the last time we've seen a 'lets goooo tfc' post from him? or marketing/social media video snippets including him... or anything remotely positive vibe-lets make this work body language. There's no coach in the world can turn around a player when they're hellbent on fulfilling their own doom-n-gloom prophecy and are just going through motions and their morale is just permanently jaded and pissed off.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-25-2023, 06:12 AM
I am looking at the official TFC website - more exactly at the "latest news" and the "videos" webpages.

The last "news" is dated on July 16, and it's an article aboout the last official match (vs Chicago Fire).
The last video posted is postgame sound (with Sapong) after the same match, dated July 15.

Now we are on July 25, and in least than 36 hours TFC has a match with New York in Leagues Cup.
Plus we are in the middle of the summer transfer window.

How much of and insult and a huge FU to the front office of TFC would have been even 2 years ago such a gross lack of any kind of communication towards the supporter base?
And what it has became today? The norm?

How clear it became that the TFC front office/management does not give even a flying fart about the supporters and fans of this team?

It's also an indication that they don't care at all about this coming "Leagues Cup", or an indication that someone (anybody?) who is the head of communications, public relations has no idea how to do his job, or an indication that his hands are totally in chains?

ensco
07-25-2023, 07:01 AM
^I see it more as evidence of the possibility that Manning is already gone. That he is not being allowed to replace anyone.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-25-2023, 07:24 AM
^I see it more as evidence of the possibility that Manning is already gone. That he is not being allowed to replace anyone.

Yeah, I was thinking about this too...

ag futbol
07-25-2023, 08:49 AM
Yeah, that was sort of my read of it too. The number of things that aren’t happening right now is really indicative of an organization in flux.

SenorDingDong
07-25-2023, 09:31 AM
My fear is the italians and mostly berna are completely into the stages of hopeless self-fulfilled prophecy that are basically irreparable even if they are healthy. Can't really hope to get them back and slot them in as reliable players when Berna for instance appears all but checked out and just waiting for things to happen from his lack of presence in social media channels and his body language in interviews and whenever you see him.

Maybe im wrong- but whens the last time we've seen a 'lets goooo tfc' post from him? or marketing/social media video snippets including him... or anything remotely positive vibe-lets make this work body language. There's no coach in the world can turn around a player when they're hellbent on fulfilling their own doom-n-gloom prophecy and are just going through motions and their morale is just permanently jaded and pissed off.

Insigne will be fine. He is far more of a professional, without the emotion. He's been posting training photos of him with Vazques, Petretta, Ibarro etc. He's been playing great since that athletic article.

Berna I have no idea though. He's been silent. Seems to make more rash decisions that aren't as calculated. Maybe he will also have a revelation and just stfu and play hard each game. I mean the guy is getting all his wishes on change. If he mopes around all game again, Dunfield should just bench him. Play Kerr.

Luanda
07-25-2023, 10:06 AM
Insigne will be fine. He is far more of a professional, without the emotion. He's been posting training photos of him with Vazques, Petretta, Ibarro etc. He's been playing great since that athletic article.

Berna I have no idea though. He's been silent. Seems to make more rash decisions that aren't as calculated. Maybe he will also have a revelation and just stfu and play hard each game. I mean the guy is getting all his wishes on change. If he mopes around all game again, Dunfield should just bench him. Play Kerr.

Berna just did not look good in that interview.

jloome
07-25-2023, 10:11 AM

I'm not saying you're not right, because who knows how much I'm told is true, but I'm given the impression he's actively involved in finding us a new manager. If he's still got that authority, they're not going to prevent involvement with lower hires.

I think it's more likely they just work at a snail's pace compared to what we expect because their expectations are different. This season is already a write-off. It's more likely that they are looking for, by my count, at least four front office staff plus a new web guy, and they are just taking their time.

They have a full-time communications director and staff. Those jobs are not empty. But they clearly also aren't paying attention/picking up the work of Eric, who just left.

My sense is their PR people are strictly corporate communications at this point. They clearly have ZERO idea how to manage press and public interest, so they're just ignoring it.

I've also been told directly several times that Manning knows this his last shot to get it right.

I doubt I'm being told that if the plug has been pulled on him already. Plus, they let him pick Jason as the new GM and that was AFTER most of this went to shit, after the article. If he were already dead man walking, they probably would've let the next president pick his own guys.

Ultra & Proud
07-25-2023, 10:15 AM
I'm not saying you're not right, because who knows how much I'm told is true, but I'm given the impression he's actively involved in finding us a new manager. If he's still got that authority, they're not going to prevent involvement with lower hires.

I doubt I'm being told that if the plug has been pulled on him already. Plus, they let him pick Jason as the new GM and that was AFTER most of this went to shit, after the article. If he were already dead man walking, they probably would've let the next president pick his own guys.

This is probably what it is but I think his leash is already shortened and Hernandez probably has a lot more power over roster decisions than Manning does.

Also if Singh's conjecture about their choice of manager being known to TFC/Canada supporters then I think this next hire will be the final nail in the coffin. That line did not fill me with confidence at all.

ag futbol
07-25-2023, 10:16 AM
They have a full-time communications director and staff. Those jobs are not empty. But they clearly also aren't paying attention/picking up the work of Eric, who just left.

My sense is their PR people are strictly corporate communications at this point. They clearly have ZERO idea how to manage press and public interest, so they're just ignoring it.

It shows. The social media stuff they are putting out right now is horrific. Get ready for Bernie and LI to be passing the ball to strangers on the TTC next week.

As for Manning, I know I’m speaking to the choir here but it’s laughable he even has another shot. An astute ownership group would have seen the signs fired him several years ago, an average one would certainly have ranked him after Bradley. Only the perpetually sleep MLSE board could engineer a situation this ridiculous.

ag futbol
07-25-2023, 10:19 AM
This is probably what it is but I think his leash is already shortened and Hernandez probably has a lot more power over roster decisions than Manning does.

Also if Singh's conjecture about their choice of manager being known to TFC/Canada supporters then I think this next hire will be the final nail in the coffin. That line did not fill me with confidence at all.
I think the simple reality here is a weak president in a struggling organization does not get strong candidates. And the board’s willingness to spend is probably blunted post BB.

I expect someone inexperienced and underwhelming, similar to Hernandez.

SenorDingDong
07-25-2023, 10:32 AM

Berna I've noticed seems to be a bit more of a loner on the team.

Like Insigne is constantly posting stuff with Petretta outside of TFC, their partners are friends and things like that. He's done this with a few folks on the team.

I've never seen Berna hang out with any of his teammates outside of training.

jloome
07-25-2023, 10:46 AM
Berna I've noticed seems to be a bit more of a loner on the team.

Like Insigne is constantly posting stuff with Petretta outside of TFC, their partners are friends and things like that. He's done this with a few folks on the team.

I've never seen Berna hang out with any of his teammates outside of training.

He strikes me as a gregarious person who has been a star since he was a teenager, and no longer is. So he tries to wear both faces; he tries to be the gregarious "I love Toronto" guy with the public, while on the team he tried to play "top dog" with the ignoring rules, calling out other players etc.

He had a bad knee injury in 2018. He has statistically never been the same since. He had three league goals in three years before coming to us.

So he was already crocked, compared to his best, and he hadn't adapted to being an upper-level journeyman/role player and not the star. I have some sympathy for him, to be honest. This was probably supposed to be a walk compared to Serie 'A'. He took a serious pay cut from his Juve salary when he came here, at least $2M a year.

But if someone had wanted him at that money in Italy, he would still be there. We only got him because the best years are done.

As it is, I suspect the combo of "I'm a star!" and the money, and the lack of production makes him a locker-room cancer. The other players don't want to play with a ball hog who disrespects their abilities, particularly if the team is less productive as a result.

I got angry about it in another post online, because when I first considered it, it seemed a little like a con. He's smiles and laughs publicly but talks down to people at the club and ignores rules.

But the more I think about it, the more I can empathize with it. He's at a desultory point in his life, where it doesn't mean what it once did and he can't do it anymore the way he'd like anyway.

He was a star striker and left winger at Fiorentina. At Juve, he was one of several stars.... and then blew out his knee and became a "role player". Now he's older, not quick, and hasn't adjusted.

Think how much productive and team-oriented Pablo Piatti was, for how much less money. And we didn't keep him.

ensco
07-25-2023, 10:51 AM

I think it's more likely they just work at a snail's pace compared to what we expect because their expectations are different. This season is already a write-off. It's more likely that they are looking for, by my count, at least four front office staff plus a new web guy, and they are just taking their time.

I've also been told directly several times that Manning knows this his last shot to get it right.

I have no insight to offer than this: it is weird to fire comms people and not replace them. It is truly weird. You can always battle field promote some kid making 60K, and sort it out later. I mean, we play Messi's team in two months, the league has a billion dollar investment in the guy… and a big market team is going to stand around with its pants around its ankles for a few months, and not have a comms function at all… because Bill Manning isn’t “comfortable”?

The narratives inside any organization where the boss is about to be fired are always false. They have to be. The owners cannot tell the truth, and it's not because of a moral failing.

So it can be very hard to know what is “true” in these endgame scenarios.

jloome
07-25-2023, 11:02 AM
I have no insight to offer than this: it is weird to fire comms people and not replace them. It is truly weird. You can always battle field promote some kid making 60K, and sort it out later. I mean, we play Messi's team in two months, the league has a billion dollar investment in the guy… and a big market team is going to stand around with its pants around its ankles for a few months, and not have a comms function at all… because Bill Manning isn’t “comfortable”?

The narratives inside any organization where the boss is about to be fired are always false. They have to be. The owners cannot tell the truth, and it's not because of a moral failing.

So it can be very hard to know what is “true” in these endgame scenarios.

Yeah, good point. He might know that sword of damocles above his head is hanging from threads, not rope.

They might've left him in place to get us to just stable enough a position that we don't look like a total shitshow for a new hire.

But my sense is that they're just understaffed and not focusing on what they see as non-priorities. Many companies -- most, I would say -- do not value their forward, public-facing PR as much as they do their internal communications.

From the perspective of those senior to the comms people... they have staff. Someone else could be doing it.

But most communications people come straight out of school into the job or have minimal actual real media experience, so when someone who handles it goes, they are incapable of picking up the slack. Typically, they also hire people as poorly qualified as they are.

Getting someone who actually knows how to craft effective media relations is tough when firms hire people who've never had to deal with an assignment editor and convince them to run something.

The inter-personal nature of giving the media what they want and need, and making it as easy as possible, and controlling media threads by feeding them stuff that suits both sides' purposes, is a lot more complicated than most flaks I've ever dealt with understood.

So if they just leave hiring a PR person to the current comms people, we'll get shit messaging, in all likelihood.

SoccMan2
07-25-2023, 11:58 AM
So Insigne out for two more weeks lol you just can’t even make this shit up even if you wanted too !

Ultra & Proud
07-25-2023, 12:20 PM
So Insigne out for two more weeks lol you just can’t even make this shit up even if you wanted too !
A bit more time to work out his transfer I guess since he seemed to be training earlier.

jloome
07-25-2023, 12:26 PM
A bit more time to work out his transfer I guess since he seemed to be training earlier.

They claim they spotted a small tear during his most recent MRI. If so, you'd wonder who missed it in the prior two scans, as Dunny has already said they were clear.

If there's any legitimacy to his injury at all (and who wouldn't be dubious at this point), then if I'm Insigne I'm wondering how incompetent our medical staff are.

Mr. Inbetween
07-25-2023, 04:20 PM

Fede experiencing some visible discomfort? Maybe some agita? Caused by that sinking realization he may be here until the next window, at the very least, while Lollo might get to move on from TFC before him and to the KSA?

OgtheDim
07-25-2023, 04:53 PM

There is somebody in place but they don't have the same experience as Eric G had (Bez poached him from NYRB)

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 01:06 PM
It's the hottest tournament in world right now and we are gonna score one of those ball in net dealies tonight. Oso is due.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 01:44 PM
It's the hottest tournament in world right now and we are gonna score one of those ball in net dealies tonight. Oso is due.
Hahahaha! No way. Scoreless forever.

Scoring goals is for losers. Only way we win is a 0-0 penalty victory.

Gringo Starr
07-26-2023, 03:01 PM
I’m gonna suspend reality for one day, it’s game day, our first match of this mini season, we are so far undefeated so come on TFC:drum::scarf::flare::hump::drinking::hump::flar e:

ensco
07-26-2023, 03:46 PM
I’m gonna suspend reality for one day, it’s game day, our first match of this mini season, we are so far undefeated so come on TFC:drum::scarf::flare::hump::drinking::hump::flar e:

Exactly. I mean.. what's it all about?

TFC, clap clap clap...

los sonadores
07-26-2023, 04:27 PM
Fede experiencing some visible discomfort? Maybe some agita? Caused by that sinking realization he may be here until the next window, at the very least, while Lollo might get to move on from TFC before him and to the KSA?

If it was the Italian interview posted here: it’s not a video interview. It’s just text and he certainly didn’t seem anxious. He just didn’t say much. Mostly he was asked and talked about Italian football. The Italian sites/news sources have little interest in MLS. They like to talk Italian football with Italian footballers as you probably know.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 04:56 PM
Anyone who hates Leagues Cup today isn't allowed to like it when we actually score a goal tonight. These are the rules.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 05:40 PM
Ibarra gone already. Summer of Perruzza starts a month late. Dunfield loves generic defenders who he would of played with in League 1 in 2005.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1684333715852349440?s=20

Amir.
07-26-2023, 05:40 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1684333715852349440

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2023, 05:42 PM
Any word on Ibarra? Did he pick up a knock in training?

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 05:42 PM
Is this a 4-4-2 with Oso and Blessing playing as wide midfielders?

FiveThreeTwo
07-26-2023, 05:52 PM
Is this a 4-4-2 with Oso and Blessing playing as wide midfielders?

Looks like it- berna in the middle with Peruzza.

How many beers am I gonna have to shotgun this match whenever berna drifts out of the middle space and starts clinging to the sidelines, then servania or Oso has to play up top.

Thinking tho out loud… that could be the play - Oso up top with peruzza, berna out wide. Think he already tried it with servania up top and it was a fail

Or is blessing also a LW?

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:11 PM
Sooo much much tired of any decent player we got getting injured before their 2nd game.

ronzilla
07-26-2023, 06:20 PM
Was looking forward to see Ibarra start. Dang.

Rosted and O'Neill at the back..yeeks. Busy night for Johnson. Why the heck is Mabika not starting?

Slick
07-26-2023, 06:23 PM
No Ibarra. Wonderful.

I don't know what to say other than this organization is a fucking joke.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 06:28 PM
Come to Toronto. Experience our amazing medical staff. Immediate injuries.

How long until Blessing is hurt? Tonight? Next game?

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:30 PM
No expectations here

Vague interesting things

Can Coello be a #6?

Can Peruzza actually deliver without petulance?

Blessing - can he show something?

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:30 PM
Come to Toronto. Experience our amazing medical staff. Immediate injuries.

How long until Blessing is hurt? Tonight? Next game?

May be a loan clause with Ibarra restricting him to league play, as there's $40M in prize money and Champions League on the line.

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:31 PM
I just want to see some fight for 90 minutes.

Mr. Inbetween
07-26-2023, 06:32 PM
Ibarra. Has his absence been confirmed as injury related? Could it be a USA INS Re-Entry issue?

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:33 PM
This crowd was always going to be bad but....this is embarrassing.

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:34 PM
Holy shit that place is empty

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 06:36 PM
Yankees vs Mets on right now as well

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 06:39 PM
Signing a number 9 helping a team? Couldn't be us.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 06:40 PM
Yankees vs Mets on right now as well
Well that's amazing scheduling by the schedule makers. :eyeroll:

Bushmancan
That was ridiculously bad defending. glad to have SJ back

Smokecell
May be a loan clause with Ibarra restricting him to league play, as there's $40M in prize money and Champions League on the line.

If this is the case, it would literally render this loan pointless.

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 06:41 PM

10,0000%

ensco
07-26-2023, 06:43 PM
We are going to get killed. They are dominating us.

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 06:43 PM
We are making NYCFC look good … unbelievable the fall

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:44 PM
Slow defenders & nobody finding space for an outlet pass out of the back 4.

ensco
07-26-2023, 06:45 PM

It was already pointless. I think you mean pointnone.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 06:47 PM
Come on you greys

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:47 PM
Well that was better.

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:48 PM
Oh lordie, that was a good chance.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 06:48 PM
It was almost the summer of perruzza

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 06:50 PM
It was almost the summer of perruzza

too funny, almost said the exact same thing. We might need t-shirts

FiveThreeTwo
Man if there was an mls player I’d throw garber bucks at is parks. The guys just all around calm in the midfield, with a good engine

ensco
We look like they have never practiced before.

ensco
07-26-2023, 06:51 PM
Oh lordie, that was a good chance.

We need to have some sort of internet version of carrying you around on a chair if Perruzza ever scores.

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:54 PM
We need to have some sort of internet version of carrying you around on a chair if Perruzza ever scores.

Today would be a nice day for him to show some growth.

Man, Latif Blessing works hard.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Kobe unwilling to move the play forward with Blessing & Berna in front of him - this is either bad coaching or a mental problem.

jloome
07-26-2023, 06:56 PM
Kobe unwilling to move the play forward with Blessing & Berna in front of him - this is either bad coaching or a mental problem.

He just freezes every time he faces a tough pass. He also had a far side switch open and ignored it.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 06:58 PM
Man...Servania has gotten lazy....side foot half volley up in the air clearance as against putting his foot through it

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 06:58 PM
Bernie doesn’t get it. The shittier he plays… the longer he stays.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 06:59 PM
Today would be a nice day for him to show some growth.

Man, Latif Blessing works hard.

That is why he worked so well with LAFC. He was a lot of times deployed as a destroyer 10 who's biggest purpose was to cause chaos among opposing defenders. He caused a ton of turnovers and chances for Vela and Dio in that first LAFC season.

ensco
07-26-2023, 07:03 PM
Are there even 1,000 people there? Why wasn’t this game here? We would have had 15,000.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 07:03 PM
Same old same old

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:04 PM
Bah. Who didn't mark the tallest defender?

tfcfans
And just like that, the game is over…..

Bushmancan
Fire manning

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:05 PM
Are there even 1,000 people there? Why wasn’t this game here? We would have had 15,000.

They had a match between two Mexican teams in Austin last night. It drew 200.

Petretta doesn't follow his man.

MikeForbes
Petretta is higher paid in MLS than Kai Wagner. Let that sink in.

Bushmancan
this will be a case study in how to destroy a franchise.

rydermike
Johnson needs to yell "trade me. Get me out of here." like hedges must've done

OgtheDim
Petretta not wanting to play here anymore?

Cause that was something that would get you yelled at in U12 level.

Amir.
07-26-2023, 07:06 PM
you dont mark their best aerial player and thats the result...1-0 30'

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:07 PM
What the heck was Rosted doing though? Like jump & miss that bad?

Mister Karpf
How bad is it that I want Johnson to leave because I feel he deserves so much better.

MikeForbes
Johnson needs to yell "trade me. Get me out of here." like hedges must've done

He deserves better. Trade him for some GAM. We can give Romero and Gavran some games and plan for next year.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:08 PM
The fans are cheering 'Fuck Sean Johnson.' Keeping it classy, NY.

SoccMan2
07-26-2023, 07:09 PM
Who thought a bench warmer in Norway was going to be a good player for TFC , the guy is utter crap would not start in the CPL !!

MikeForbes
Also, fuck the NYCFC fans for chanting "fuck you Johnson". We had a cup winner in Alex Bono who became a far worse keeper than SJ ever has been and we didn't chant stupid stuff like that.

jloome
Watching Kobe tonight might explain why they're still chasing Richie. I'm sorry but he isn't ready, not close. He's okay defensively but he's just woeful going forward.

Gringo Starr
07-26-2023, 07:10 PM
Only if included in the seasons package

NK Toronto
07-26-2023, 07:10 PM
For those that have followed this club since inception, is this the lowest point in club history?

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:11 PM
So the commentators said Dunfield spent the last 10 days "focused on culture - developed a leadership group"

Can somebody please just COACH these guys on basic fundamentals like finding space & how to trap a ball & then worry about their pysche's for the afternoon?

SoccMan2
07-26-2023, 07:12 PM
Where the fuck is the new guy from Atlanta is he injured already ?

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:12 PM
What is gained from starting O'Neill and Rosted? Seriously? Give Mabika those minutes.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:13 PM
So the commentators said Dunfield spent the last 10 days "focused on culture - developed a leadership group"

Can somebody please just COACH these guys on basic fundamentals like finding space & how to trap a ball & then worry about their pysche's for the afternoon?

We're so static and uninvolved off the ball, there's never anywhere to go.

It feels like watching a Mo team right now.

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 07:14 PM
For those that have followed this club since inception, is this the lowest point in club history?

^yes

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:17 PM

I saw nothing in his first game in charge to indicate he knew how to coach teams towards "clarity".

If Dunfield is in charge the rest of the way....people here are going to regress.

They simply HAVE to get somebody in soon who can actually manage pros at this level.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:19 PM
Franklin just way too cautious again, ruins the forward move with Bernardeschi by sitting too deep and forcing movement backwards, leading to the break the other way.

We're playing a bunch of guys who could barely start in USL right now.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Their new number 9 scores. No doubt Jordan Perruzza will do the same. Right?

noxx98
07-26-2023, 07:20 PM
Ah, well nevertheless.

rydermike
07-26-2023, 07:21 PM
LOL.

Gringo Starr
Yup lowest point in history

jloome
Wow, this is getting embarrassing, isn't it?

MikeForbes
Franklin just way too cautious again, ruins the forward move with Bernardeschi by sitting too deep and forcing movement backwards, leading to the break the other way.

We're playing a bunch of guys who could barely start in USL right now.

We as a fan base need to stop overrating these young guys after like 80 minutes of solid play. Coello is another one we might of overrated. Basically current day Michael Bradley. Can pick a great pass but can't run.

mowe
07-26-2023, 07:22 PM
This team is a complete shambles. Zero hope.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:22 PM
Rosted with our first goal in awhile. Great assist by Servania.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Rosted with our first goal in awhile. Great assist by Servania.
:facepalm:

ronzilla
07-26-2023, 07:23 PM
Game is unwatchable. Good grief.

Big mistake not starting Mabika.

tfcfans
07-26-2023, 07:24 PM
Paging Danny Koevermans…..I believe we can use your statement now more than ever……

Far and away the worst it has ever been for this franchise based on money spent and expectations in relation to results….an absolute embarrassment of a club right now….

OgtheDim
For once we had 5 guys along their line for an attack - Berna loses the ball, Petretta steps up but misses, Kobe follows O'Neill to watch their forward (?!??!) and lets their winger go & then nobody is following the trailers.

Bad play but basic fundamentals NOT happening

Ultra & Proud
We as a fan base need to stop overrating these young guys after like 80 minutes of solid play. Coello is another one we might of overrated. Basically current day Michael Bradley. Can pick a great pass but can't run.
I figured he was another of the overrated ones. People were just so happy to see MB out that they fawned over a flawed Coello.

Mister Karpf

Yes, by far…

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:25 PM
For once we had 5 guys along their line for an attack - Berna loses the ball, Petretta steps up but misses, Kobe follows O'Neill to watch their forward (?!??!) and lets their winger go & then nobody is following the trailers.

Bad play but basic fundamentals NOT happening

I swear, they play like they're all high.

I wonder if Bob subconsciously chose players he thought he could easily mentally break. We are emotionally feeble.

noxx98
07-26-2023, 07:26 PM
See you guys again on Sunday I guess.

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 07:26 PM
Humiliation, utterly.

Also, rosted is looking atrocious, not at the level at all.

Plus what is Duffield doing in training...

rydermike
07-26-2023, 07:27 PM
Ibarra:
"Don't send me to the worst team"

Sorry man. At least you only have to deal with it for 6 months. We have to deal with it for years

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 07:27 PM
Anyone want my seats for Atlas, I don’t think I can handle the shellacking to come.

Edit. I may not go to another game as long as Manning is in charge.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 07:28 PM
Humiliation, utterly.
Plus what is Duffield doing in training...

Team building exercises probably. For sure nothing football related.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:28 PM
Coello is decent if he has somebody to pass to or somebody who gets open or somebody with speed and if he has a true #6 behind him.

Servania is the midfield boat anchor right now, not Coello.

ensco
07-26-2023, 07:29 PM
We are going to get killed. They are dominating us.

I am off to do something else.

See you all later.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:30 PM
I'm not sure why Coello's in the debate; he's one of the few guys out there who hasn't embarrassed himself. He hasn't been perfect but he hasn't been one of our defenders, all of whom look utterly lost.

Oso looking like the rust will never leave. Servania half-assing multple plays. Franklin so terrified of getting beat behind that he won't go forward. Peruzza muffing two chances, one absolutely gilt-edged on that Coello cross.

Bernadeschi worked hard, then got frustrated and didn't, then did, then didn't. He looks like he's sulking.

Who didn't suck? Blessing did okay until the backpass, but even then, Servania had time to straight-up stop it. Instead, he reflexively did what he always does, which is turn to let it run across his body. But there was too much pace on it. He should've corralled that one, hard and slightly long as it was.

Coello did okay, a couple of bad giveaways notwithstanding.

Osorio is utterly lost playing wide mid.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 07:32 PM
Edit. I may not go to another game as long as Manning is in charge.
I haven't gone since May. Might go to the August 20 match because of the Ex but that's about it for me. No point in wasting my time or money on something like this anymore.

tfcfans
07-26-2023, 07:33 PM
Apathy - from them and from us.

Honestly why would anyone follow this team until next February at a minimum. There is literally no reason to follow this group whatsoever — they don’t seem to care so why should we.

Again - all my tickets are available for the rest of the season - no point going again this year. I was there for the “worst team in the world” and this is worse….

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:33 PM
Just so frustrating. I just assume they'll hire Steven Caldwell at years end who will continue to employ a generic 4-4-2 and a couple "no nonsense" white CBs because mid 00's England.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:34 PM
You know you're really scraping the bottom of the barrel for what to be interested in watching a TFC game when the only thing left will be "What can Latif Blessing bring to TFC 2024?"

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 07:35 PM
Just so frustrating. I just assume they'll hire Steven Caldwell at years end who will continue to employ a generic 4-4-2 and a couple "no nonsense" white CBs because mid 00's England.
He checks the boxes Singh mentioned yesterday. Oh well, at least then I dump my season's tickets and do something else with my time.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:36 PM
I honestly thing the top eight teams in each USL-C conference would handily beat us right now.

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 07:36 PM
I have tickets for Miami in Sept. how do you seriously go to that game… we are so broken.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 07:38 PM
I honestly thing the top eight teams in each USL-C conference would handily beat us right now.

I'm not sold that we wouldn't finish bottom table in CPL. At least the scoreless streak lives.

OgtheDim
I have tickets for Miami in Sept. how do you seriously go to that game… we are so broken.

You go...you wear a jersey - and you sit there and enjoy the spectacle of the 11-0 shellacking.

Ultra & Proud

Wear pink.

jloome
Fede off. Anyone else wondering if it was an ugly locker room at half time? Or maybe they just don't to risk injuring him before a move can be done.

Shane O'Neill played right back earlier in his career.

Amir.
first goal petretta doesnt mark chanot, second goal osorio no where to be seen third goal bad pass by blessing

nycfc brought heber from croatia in 2019 who scored 24 regular season goals for them in 4 seasons and now bakrar from croatia who has a goal tonight...we have perruzza who would probably be a serie d (d4) or eccellenza (d5) player in italy, diomande who is always injured and sapong who is ok

way too many bad signings...and to think hernandez with no experience is the one who is expected to turn this around is scary...hopefully succeeds but theres a high possibility of failure

dunfield from day one it was clear hes not a head coach at pro level...hes the in house guy you bring in as assistant to learn how to coach at this level...good thing about him is hes very neutral so will do everything to ensure that theres no more problems in the locker room

mabika kerr mbongue in for bernardeschi franklin and translator perruzza at the break

Mister Karpf
07-26-2023, 07:40 PM

Omg 😭😭😭

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:41 PM
The Apple TV commentators just buried Bernie.

Pbp guy - "Are you surprised they subbed out Bernardeschi?"

Color - "No, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else than on the field"

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 07:41 PM
If that doesn’t speak volumes. Your DP is taken off. Manning doesn’t get an escape clause with him that burdens the cap for the next 3 years. I just don’t get why he hasn’t been fired yet.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:43 PM
Fede off. Anyone else wondering if it was an ugly locker room at half time?....

Who in that group on the pitch or the bench would have a go at Fede? Maybe Oso....cause everybody else is a fragile wet noodle.

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:44 PM
The fact that Dunfield still has us trying to build from the back, but not correcting the vast separation in our lines, and not creating consistent supporting movement, says he's just not the guy.

He's looking at this as a philosophical exercise, and these guys need on-field coaching that is rigidly disciplined, high work rate, consistent and decisive. All the things we're not, basically.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:45 PM
Who in that group on the pitch or the bench would have a go at Fede? Maybe Oso....cause everybody else is a fragile wet noodle.

The more I think about this the more I get angry at Michael Bradley and his yearly "we need more men" comments.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:47 PM
The fact that Dunfield still has us trying to build from the back, but not correcting the vast separation in our lines, and not creating consistent supporting movement, says he's just not the guy.

He's looking at this as a philosophical exercise, and these guys need on-field coaching that is rigidly disciplined, high work rate, consistent and decisive. All the things we're not, basically.

If Dunfield stays, we are going to be down 7-0 starting the second half vs. Maimi & he's still going to be having us pass out of the back while letting Servania lollygag around Busquets.

MikeForbes
Petretta nearly did something!

jloome

I think Fede would initiate by pointing out the futility of football when played so poorly and how he can't do anything about it. Then Dunfield would yank him.

Something like that.

We sure are playing with more life since he left.

Maybe he's just a cunt and they hate him.

Amir.
osorio mbongue

kerr servania blessing

coello

petretta rosted mabika o'neill

johnson

petretta puts a header on the bar

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:49 PM
If Dunfield stays, we are going to be down 7-0 starting the second half vs. Maimi & he's still going to be having us pass out of the back while letting Servania lollygag around Busquets.

Tata will scope our spread and the lack of supporting movement and just press us back in a mid block as we cough up ball after ball and Busquets feeds him over and over. Record bad scores on that day, possibly.

Amir.
07-26-2023, 07:50 PM
jasson scores and its 4-0 at 56'

tfcfans
07-26-2023, 07:50 PM
The only thing good about TFC now, is betting against them to try to recoup some of my season ticket holder money that I have simply flushed down the toilet this year......"TFC - catch the excitement".....LOL......

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:51 PM
Lawd, Rosted is a shit defender. I'm done defending him.

Doesn't even attack the ball there. A solo man, lining up to shoot, and he moves to a marking position instead of trying to get a foot on it.

Just fucking woeful.

If we can't shed him, they should just make him a hard six, an anchor. He's good with the ball at his feet, he can hit a long pass, he tackles and closes well... usually. But without a backline leader he's just tentative shit, like O' Neill.

Mister Karpf
07-26-2023, 07:51 PM
Just trust in the process boys…

EL DUQUE'----'
07-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Let's have a Bill Manning post game instead of Dunfield. He needs to be fired before Sunday and replaced by a soccer architect. No more MLS lifers.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 07:52 PM
Lose by a dozen. MLSE needs to be made aware of what is happening.

FiveThreeTwo
07-26-2023, 07:54 PM

I was gonna air this out in the transfer thread but this is what pisses me off the most about the academy and how the clubs been run. Clearly alot of the deficiencies in the club have been covered up for years and now that all the band-aids are getting ripped off and exposed its painful to see how messy it is.

Like OG said and to go maybe one layer deeper - it isn't just the high level technicals. The academy products and other guys who are quite raw appear to have never been properly/gradually evaluated on the IQ and motor skill development as they came up through the various ranks- the movements and technique that get drilled over and over again to perfect various skills and player movement on and off the ball so playing in all areas of the game looks casual (ie Coello who's clearly had that experience). Quite frankly - doesn't look like these guys have ever been told they have poor technique in certain areas, and its never been corrected incrementally week after week to root out the terrible habits.

I spent some years in Holland for work for a few years- and got a chance to see Heerenveen, AZ and Utrechts youth clubs in some tournaments and got into a few chats with coaches at the time- and if you saw these youth products towards the end of the pipeline vs. the guys into the top club, their skill/technique on various pass types/controlling the ball, positioning to win duels and take away space etc. etc... all those fundamentals were virtually synonymous with first teamers in time and space- the guys who were basically ready to make the jump that is. Where the first teamers separated themselves from the B clubs and youth products was their ability to perform those mechanics at faster pace under faster processing. But ultimately... Each of those academies have a set of criteria and a matrix in motor/cognitive/various football abilities from a young age and the players need to hitting those marks... regardless if they score 100 goals in the youth clubs or are the best ball winner in the system. It isn't about the goals/assists... its about the process of incrementally improving these kids, rooting out bad technique with repetition and if they can't do basic shit- they aren't getting pushed up into the first squads.

And we are god awful at preparing not only academy kids, but younger first teamers' for these basic fundamentals. Like The peruzza pass out wide to Bernadeschi last half. He had time and space to set the ball and hit it accordingly in a basic drilled pass outwide leading berna just a slight bit to run into- and he just shanked the fk out of it; and that type of terrible pass/cross happens what feels like 85% of the time these days lol with any of our guys. A kid playing in a proficient academy and first team with proper coaching should be drilled enough to come in and hit those passes when not pressured. Hopefully this is part of the awakening and modernizing how we do things with Hernandez

jloome
07-26-2023, 07:57 PM
And we are god awful at preparing not only academy kids, but younger first teamers' for these basic fundamentals. Like The peruzza pass out wide to Bernadeschi last half. He had time and space to set the ball and hit it accordingly in a basic drilled pass outwide leading berna just a slight bit to run into- and he just shanked the fk out of it; and that type of terrible pass/cross happens what feels like 85% of the time these days lol with any of our guys. A kid playing in a proficient academy and first team with proper coaching should be drilled enough to come in and hit those passes when not pressured. Hopefully this is part of the awakening and modernizing how we do things with Hernandez

Amen to that. Just a fraudulent process up until now, it's been so insufficient.

Amir.
07-26-2023, 07:58 PM
rutty in for blessing at 63...great sliding block by rosted

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 07:59 PM
Lose by a dozen. MLSE needs to be made aware of what is happening.

My only concern about this loss is:

- it should be seen as the final nail in the "Dunfield can stay the year while we look"
- they may impetuously rush into somebody

I am hoping that JH has decided that the right coach in 2 weeks is better then the not quite as good coach in a week.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:00 PM
So can we say Bob > Dunfield?

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 08:03 PM
My only concern about this loss is:

- it should be seen as the final nail in the "Dunfield can stay the year while we look"
- they may impetuously rush into somebody

I am hoping that JH has decided that the right coach in 2 weeks is better then the not quite as good coach in a week.

I have zero issue with sending Dunfield back to get destroyed by Atlas. We'll have nearly a month afterwards to find a manager.

FiveThreeTwo
07-26-2023, 08:07 PM
So can we say Bob > Dunfield?

probably but this feels like part of the recovery/rehab process lol of airing it all out. Bob made shite decisions and hid the teams lack of quality real well. I'd rather we rip all the bandaids off, air it out, swallow the pride and get an honest assessment of how trash we are - so we can build up lol. Hopefully they have a few ambitious coaches in mind up for the task of a culture rebuild.

If the next coach can turn it around along with hernandez on the ops end... lol their gonna be upping their stock more than they can believe lol

Gringo Starr
07-26-2023, 08:07 PM
The only thing good about TFC now, is betting against them to try to recoup some of my season ticket holder money that I have simply flushed down the toilet this year......"TFC - catch the excitement".....LOL......

They should really refund the rest of the season at this point

jloome
07-26-2023, 08:08 PM
This is pointless. Go forward, you cowards.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 08:09 PM
This is pointless. Go forward, you cowards.

I don't get it - what are they afraid of? Are they seriously hoping passing back will get them a job next season?

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:09 PM
They should really refund the rest of the season at this point
I mentioned that to my rep when I got him to remove my credit card from my account.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 08:10 PM
Okay. Gonna go watch the best tournament in the world (outside of this match). I love you guys. Things will get better.

Bushmancan
07-26-2023, 08:10 PM
I was going to walk away but I got an alert. What people don’t realize is NYCFC is shyte. And I stress that.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:11 PM
I don't get it - what are they afraid of? Are they seriously hoping passing back will get them a job next season?
They have no plan, no training, and no ideas. All they have is passing back. Even long ball is beyond our level now.

Amir.
one of the worst dps in mls easily turns it over and it goes all the way the other way to make it 5-0 at 75 minutes

SenorDingDong
That reduced Salary at bologna may look more enticing to Berna after this.

jloome
07-26-2023, 08:12 PM
Maybe the reason they gave Dunfield the job is he's been in youth development for seven years and we look like this. Maybe it was more punishment than chance.

OgtheDim
Apple TV directors have no clue of nuance or stories beyond "these guys are having fun"

The focus of that hydration break should have been on the TFC huddle and what they were talking about - at least have one camera on it.

They kept it on the NYC bench and players.

BAD...bad...TV work.

Ultra & Proud
I was going to walk away but I got an alert. What people don’t realize is NYCFC is shyte. And I stress that.
We make the 1 win in their last 17 matches team look like they just got Messi & Busquets.

jloome
Whoever we sign, we need a leader. Probably on the backline, but someone up front with some grit wouldn't hurt either.

Gringo Starr
07-26-2023, 08:15 PM

I can’ believe I said they are almost as shit as us, we are miles away from being NYCFC levels of Shyte

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:15 PM
Whoever we sign, we need a leader. Probably on the backline, but someone up front with some grit wouldn't hurt either.

I don't have a lot of faith in any of that happening unless they hire Marsch and he convinces some Americans to join for too much money.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:17 PM
I mentioned a while back that we could go the rest of the season without scoring or at least break our previous record and somebody here said that was impossible.

Is it?

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 08:17 PM
Need to strip this team down this window.

Trade johnson, try to sell rosted and petretta (if possible), do everything to move both italians.

This is abominable.

Unspoken that the entire head office needs booting too.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 08:19 PM
Need to strip this team down this window.

Trade johnson, try to sell rosted and petretta (if possible), do everything to move both italians.

This is abominable.

Unspoken that the entire head office needs booting too.
Yeah no point in making any acquisitions. Just dump anyone they can for anything they can get. I'd keep nobody if it was possible.

SenorDingDong
07-26-2023, 08:20 PM
I think I'm now at 3 or 4 times where I've said this team has hit rock bottom. Somehow they still seem to find a way to reach a new low.

Soccerpro
07-26-2023, 08:20 PM
If anyone thinks this rebuild will be finished in time for next year, they’re crazy. There are so many bad, overpaid players here.

Plus, absolutely no one is going to want to sign with TFC as it is objectively career suicide.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 08:21 PM

I suspect they might have to

a) confirm that MB is not coming back
b)ditch Berna

in order for another leader to willingly come here

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 08:25 PM
Where them MLS SuperDraft mock drafts?!

Luanda
07-26-2023, 08:27 PM
The worst team in the world is now even worst than before - ABYSMAL!

FiveThreeTwo
07-26-2023, 08:36 PM

I almost feel for a sake of maintaining morale and positivity around the club they make that transfer in the offseason so the person can start fresh with new goals and not be lingering in the mud of a shitty season and all that baggage. But with this being the prime transfer season for good talents that might be a tough ask. Not sure there's many that could come in here and cut through all the negative morale piss poor quality we have going on atm. Are there anymore Messi's chilling around? lol

Maybe this south african kid can come in with all smiles and positive vibes, get us a few goals or play with passion and help generate some positive vibes for end of season. Might be holding my breath for a while tho on that lol.

wopchop
07-26-2023, 08:36 PM
Apple TV directors have no clue of nuance or stories beyond "these guys are having fun"

So Apple and MLS contracted out the production to IMG. They do work in the UK for the EFL, and worldwide commentary/ studio shows for the Premier League.

It seems to be a play on their part (IMG), as there are a lot of other leagues looking at this model (centralized production) as a way of controlling the product and cutting out the networks to make more money.

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 08:43 PM
So Apple and MLS contracted out the production to IMG. They do work in the UK for the EFL, and worldwide commentary/ studio shows for the Premier League.

It seems to be a play on their part (IMG), as there are a lot of other leagues looking at this model (centralized production) as a way of controlling the product and cutting out the networks to make more money.

Thanks..that explains what is going on.

Crappy people who can't tell stories but focus on "slickness".

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2023, 08:56 PM
So it is looking very likely that TFC will be off for three weeks after Sunday, wonder how quickly they can announce some sort of friendly? You do not want these guys sitting on their asses for too long. That will be an interesting stretch.

MikeForbes
07-26-2023, 08:56 PM
Lololololololol etc.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1684382096922476544?s=20

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 08:57 PM
So it is looking very likely that TFC will be off for three weeks after Sunday, wonder how quickly they can announce some sort of friendly? You do not want these guys sitting on their asses for too long. That will be an interesting stretch.

counterpoint: yes i do

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 08:57 PM
Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

https://twitter.com/MLSMoves/status/1684380563652706307

OgtheDim
07-26-2023, 09:03 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1684383613813497856

No

I'm sorry...No

There has been an embarrassingly low amount of accountability for Academy quality & coaching quality within TFC ranks. We have let the "good guys" do stuff for too long at TFC and now the team is finally paying the price at the senior level.

Enough

Dunfield is shit - the team he puts out has gotten worse under him. He has to wear that & journos have to stop "feeling" for guys who fail.

I do not condone the attack stuff that happened to MAK. But bad coaching and play needs to be called out.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 09:04 PM

You really want them to lose to high school teams or U18 academies before the 20th?

jloome
07-26-2023, 09:05 PM
Yeh, well, watch Mabika again on this play and tell me there isn't something wrong in his head and no towels were thrown

That's so blatant I'd be worried about point shaving.

reggie
07-26-2023, 09:09 PM
at this point ...they maybe saving the buyout for bernie,if not make it oso

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 09:10 PM

there's no way they are buying out bernardeschi, would cost 21 million dollars.

im sure it'll cost a couple mill to shift him to a serie a club but we need to do it asap.

JoesphNdo
07-26-2023, 09:12 PM
We suck, no real story there

To me the biggest worry continues to be Oso. It's been at least a season and a half since I saw him close to his old level. Is he salvageable? I get that the teams a shit show but he just looks so lost

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 09:15 PM

I'm hoping they use it on me so I get my wasted membership money back.

reggie
07-26-2023, 09:16 PM
there's no way they are buying out bernardeschi, would cost 21 million dollars.

im sure it'll cost a couple mill to shift him to a serie a club but we need to do it asap.

i guess it depends on if he is 3,5 or 7 mil...who knows?

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 09:18 PM
i guess it depends on if he is 3,5 or 7 mil...who knows?
i do, he's in a little over 6.

so if they bought him out now 21 mill, in the summer 18.75.

reggie
07-26-2023, 09:24 PM
i do, he's in a little over 6.

so if they bought him out now 21 mill, in the summer 18.75.
if that is the case he is not going anywhere he is not taking that much of a paycut

wopchop
07-26-2023, 09:29 PM
You really want them to lose to high school teams or U18 academies before the 20th?
Yes. Let them play against Oakville Blue Devils or Vaughan Azzurri. If the Azzurri win, we can promote them all to TFC.

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 09:30 PM
Yes. Let them play against Oakville Blue Devils or Vaughan Azzurri. If the Azzurri win, we can promote them all to TFC.

Would be an improvement.

Areathrasher
07-26-2023, 09:34 PM
After they get trounced by Atlas on Sunday I bet Manning makes a knee jerk hire. Gattuso or something of that ilk

Ultra & Proud
07-26-2023, 09:54 PM
After they get trounced by Atlas on Sunday I bet Manning makes a knee jerk hire. Gattuso or something of that ilk

That's too good of a knee jerk. It'll be more like Porter.

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 10:02 PM
if that is the case he is not going anywhere he is not taking that much of a paycut

it's not too too far off what some serie a teams can pay.

apparently he'd be willing to take a paycut (in salary, i'd imagine the commercial opportunities in italy are far more lucrative for him).

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2023, 10:19 PM

I do not see them rushing into anything, Bill has to get the next coach hire right and with no real external pressure to get it done, ie media coverage/speculation is non existent I can really seem them waiting until the off-season to hopefully do it properly. The only thing that may come into play if the Reds flame out Sunday and end up having a three week break as they will not making the knockout round.

ag futbol
07-26-2023, 10:21 PM
I had to watch this one on tape delay and after 45 minutes of listless football I decided the second half wasn’t worth it. Looking at the score line I’m glad I cut my losses.

I might start producing invoices for my time and sending them to MLSE on account of watching these games. Cause it certainly feels more like work than a hobby.

nfitz
07-26-2023, 10:50 PM
That was completely soul sucking. Every game it looks worse and worse. NYCFC isn't even a good team; they were pretty much tied with us when Bradley left.

So Insigne out for two more weeks lol you just can’t even make this shit up even if you wanted too !Three and a half weeks until our next MLS match.

Color - "No, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else than on the field"Sounds like a Ted Lasso script.

barticusz
07-26-2023, 10:51 PM
I get that it's hard to play when you see your team getting ripped apart and its clear the Great Teardown is finally upon you, but still... the apathy that we're seeing from this group is absolutely horrendous. These guys are so emotionally and mentally fragile it's absolutely shocking to me. It also speaks to the complete lack of leadership in this locker room.

We don't truly know what happens behind the scenes but watching Oso on the pitch, he just doesn't seem to have it. He doesn't carry the team, he doesn't organize, he just plays mediocre in his position. Nothing about his play says, jump on my back and I will bring us out of this. At least Bradley had that leadership quality which is what was needed before to get the team to believe in themselves.

It's just getting so hard to support this team. If you don't care as a footballer... why should I.

leedsandTFC
07-26-2023, 10:57 PM

Color - "No, he looked like he would rather be anywhere else than on the field"

Pray that kerr starts instead of him on Sunday...

FiveThreeTwo
07-26-2023, 11:02 PM
I get that it's hard to play when you see your team getting ripped apart and its clear the Great Teardown is finally upon you, but still... the apathy that we're seeing from this group is absolutely horrendous. These guys are so emotionally and mentally fragile it's absolutely shocking to me. It also speaks to the complete lack of leadership in this locker room.

We don't truly know what happens behind the scenes but watching Oso on the pitch, he just doesn't seem to have it. He doesn't carry the team, he doesn't organize, he just plays mediocre in his position. Nothing about his play says, jump on my back and I will bring us out of this. At least Bradley had that leadership quality which is what was needed before to get the team to believe in themselves.

It's just getting so hard to support this team. If you don't care as a footballer... why should I.

I remember it just like from our other bad years just before a new dawn came with vanney - many of those players took for granted their playing time, and had no idea that they were playing themselves out of the squad, as well as any favourable transfers to decent teams in the future once we trimmed the fat.

These guys aren't playing like their jobs are on the line and could easily be cut this off-season or sitting on the bench until their contracts are up. It's just so odd to see a lack of tooth or fucks given. How can they not be that aware that even without a permanent coach that this is damaging to their careers as they continue to play without any sort of fight or form? It's odd stuff indeed.

Like has anyone at the club told some of these kids the hard truth that absolutely no MLS club is going to be looking to pick them up, and no EU club is gonna take a single sniff at half these guys the way they are playing? They will find themselves with CPL contracts if they keep up this weird leisurely play. Do these players scoff like Akinola and honestly think they warrant playing on other clubs that are winning? lol

portu
07-26-2023, 11:34 PM
https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1684383613813497856

No

I'm sorry...No

There has been an embarrassingly low amount of accountability for Academy quality & coaching quality within TFC ranks. We have let the "good guys" do stuff for too long at TFC and now the team is finally paying the price at the senior level.

Enough

Dunfield is shit - the team he puts out has gotten worse under him. He has to wear that & journos have to stop "feeling" for guys who fail.

I do not condone the attack stuff that happened to MAK. But bad coaching and play needs to be called out.
Absolutely this.

los sonadores
07-26-2023, 11:44 PM
Was going to watch on tape delay but I’m not a masochist. And I refuse to watch us get destroyed by lowly Atlas. It’s disgusting already.

I refuse to buy any more tickets until Manning is gone and someone in that absurdly wealthy company figures out how to hire people who can build a respectable football club.

Blindside16
07-27-2023, 01:57 AM
I mentioned a while back that we could go the rest of the season without scoring or at least break our previous record and somebody here said that was impossible.

Is it?

Unless something drastic changes I honestly don't think we score again this season. With how uninspired and gutless they played, I just can't see us getting another goal. Atlas will thrash us, then it goes L'Impact, Columbus, Philly, Vancouver, Miami, NYC, Cincinnati, Charlotte, RedBulls, Orlando. Maybe we score in the Charlotte game, but the rest.........

Blindside16
07-27-2023, 02:07 AM

I had shut it off long before that. What the fuck kind of defending is that. I'm an easy 50lbs overweight and I can get back and defend quicker.

SoccMan2
07-27-2023, 04:52 AM
One thing this has done has shown the world what we already knew and that’s how broken TFC academy is. If they want to continue having an academy their needs to be a thorough house cleaning of the academy. I would literally go in there and fire everyone involved with that mess. The first to go needs to be whoever the academy director is followed by every youth coach they have . Look around the league or the world and hire a person with a proven record of developing players and who knows what they are doing . The vast majority of these players coming through that academy are just not good enough period and will never be .

buddies
07-27-2023, 06:43 AM
For anyone fawning over Coello, Servania etc. as the way to go rather than Michael Bradley, MAK or Osorio ...

We created NOTHING going forward last night. We lost 5-0. I see lots of finger pointing at Osorio because we know he can play better but the supporting cast CAN'T get a free pass if they're considered replacements. Osorio sucked last night but our entire midfield sucked last night. We were as porous as a sponge while defending and we barely got a sniff of the NYC penalty area going forward. All season long until lately our biggest problem has been scoring goals. Last season we had a bigger problem. We couldn't keep the ball out of our own net so we went out in the offseason and got a better keeper and upgraded our back four. Now we've got the defensive problems back in spades AND we can't score. As bad as the back four is, there's a common denominator in all of this ... the midfield. The engine of the team. Who are we going to to play there now? Kaye is gone, nobody seems to think Bradley is any good anymore and Osorio is shitting the bed. The replacements are worse. Earlier this season before all of the injuries I'd have been able to live with our midfield of Bradley, MAK and Osorio with the defence we had and the Italians on the wings IF we'd have gotten a striker. IF we'd have gotten a striker back then I firmly believe we'd have had a starting 11 that could have competed in MLS. Now that the rot has set in and just about everyone's confidence is shot, it's going to be pretty hard to come back from this with this group. Management has shit the bed here and it goes far beyond just Bob and Bill. Bob fucked our budget by taking risks on too many expensive players that haven't worked out. Bill overpaid for Italians (based on level of play so far compared to other DP's signed by other teams). MLSE fucked the whole project up by closing the cheque book without finishing the starting 11 by signing a good striker. Doing that was like painting a wall with a roller. You get 98% of the job done unless you cut in with a brush. If you don't buy the brush to finish the job it's expensive and it's 98% done ... but it still looks like shit. Watching that game last night was painful. I don't know how much more I can watch without taking a break and I certainly don't know if I can open up my own cheque book to fork out for another season seat next year unless they bring in players NOW to demonstrate they'll be better next year. This signing DP's in the winter and shuffling the deck gives you hope that we're heading in the right direction but unless they can SHOW me that they have a clue the rest of the way this year, I might need to skip a year and watch on tv.

Joe Kool
07-27-2023, 07:50 AM
This team really knows how to make me not want to spend the gas/parking/food money this Sunday.

Mr. Inbetween
07-27-2023, 08:02 AM
Maybe the reason they gave Dunfield the job is he's been in youth development for seven years and we look like this. Maybe it was more punishment than chance.

I find this thought... provoking. Is some Machiavellianism in play? Only, for who's end-game? If JH's 'performonomics' is the current baseline, seems that Dunfield while not yet been shown the door has to be handed his hat. Probably, all just a case of zemblanity.

Ultra & Proud
07-27-2023, 08:30 AM
This team really knows how to make me not want to spend the gas/parking/food money this Sunday.

They did that to me 2 months ago. I can't imagine how bad the renewals will be.

MikeForbes
07-27-2023, 08:30 AM
Did we ever find out about Ibarra?

Joe Kool
07-27-2023, 08:34 AM
I find this thought... provoking. Is some Machiavellianism in play? Only, for who's end-game? If JH's 'performonomics' is the current baseline, seems that Dunfield while not yet been shown the door has to be handed his hat. Probably, all just a case of zemblanity.

My thoughts are that TFC knew people were pissed. Terry is a likeable guy and liked by many in the media/fanbase. He also has coaching experience. They figured nobody would really tear a strip off him. Give them time to figure something out with Jason in charge and shed some fat and if it works out great but if it doesn't they can say that was why he had the interim tag. I am pretty sure they have written off this year already. The new 5 year plan is probably up in Bill's office.

Ultra & Proud
07-27-2023, 08:41 AM
The new 5 year plan is probably up in Bill's office.

If this continues as it is now then I don't think he gets a chance to any plan or any manager hire or anything. I think the PR ticket renewal sales pitch will be presenting the guy that replaces Manning and maybe a manager at the same time.

I get that they love the guy and that he somehow deserves a 6th chance but the lower we sink (and we can and will go lower), the worse all his shit, distasterous decisions have to be putting him further under the boardroom microscope.

Derko
07-27-2023, 08:47 AM
It's like Pavlov's Dog FFS, I feel like we are in a time warp back to the days of the Soviet 5 year plan.

613reppingTFC
07-27-2023, 10:29 AM

The focus of that hydration break should have been on the TFC huddle and what they were talking about - at least have one camera on it.

They kept it on the NYC bench and players.

BAD...bad...TV work.

In the grand scheme of things I know it's nothing considering the pain we all suffered having watched that game last night. But I haven't seen anyone mention at the top of the broadcast they showed the graphic for the upcoming game of:
New York City Football Club vs Toronto FC (except the used Arsenal's logo for us) lol what :facepalm: some of the broadcasting they have been doing is quite amateur it feels like. Audio levels that could be reduced (not only in our game but other ones). Someone mentioned earlier the "Fuck Sean Johnson" chant that was going on you could clearly hear and you could also hear later on a "suck my d1ck" chant pretty clearly too. NYCFC very classy with that too.

Richard
07-27-2023, 10:58 AM

There are no leaders on the pitch.

If I was on the pitch I would have strangled him Roy Keane style, ain't nobody coming off the pitch without a black eye.

Pathetically unprofessional.

barticusz
07-27-2023, 11:48 AM
There are no leaders on the pitch.

If I was on the pitch I would have strangled him Roy Keane style, ain't nobody coming off the pitch without a black eye.

Pathetically unprofessional.

First thing this morning, I would sit the whole group together in the theatre room or whatever you want to call it and make them watch this and multiple other plays over and over again. Let it sink in how horrendous that performance was and what an embarrassment they are to the City and each other.

Ultra & Proud
07-27-2023, 12:05 PM
First thing this morning, I would sit the whole group together in the theatre room or whatever you want to call it and make them watch this and multiple other plays over and over again. Let it sink in how horrendous that performance was and what an embarrassment they are to the City and each other.
This is a good idea and it should be big too. Like on a projector in the Queen Elizabeth building with stereo sound so they can listen to the commentary too.

QBall
07-27-2023, 12:10 PM
Have we hit rock bottom yet?

Fort York Redcoat
07-27-2023, 12:12 PM
I can't wait to see what this team does in the CPL next year. That's gotta be the destination for half the squad now.

Joe Kool
07-27-2023, 12:18 PM
I can't wait to see what this team does in the CPL next year. That's gotta be the destination for half the squad now.

We would likely get beat by CPL teams right now....there is just nothing there. I don't even see how they can salvage anything this year looking at what we got on the team and where everyone's heads are. Will take a miracle to even scrape up a tie going forward this season. Not much else to say.

ensco
07-27-2023, 12:40 PM

I know what we should do. Trade Mabika and $500K in GAM for Lucas MacNaughton.