PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 21 - RSL @ TFC - Saturday Canada Day 7:38pm - And sometimes I lose

OgtheDim
06-25-2023, 01:13 PM
It's just an ordinary day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-wcjBU8zbdY&ab_channel=GreatBigSea

Have at It People

OgtheDim
06-26-2023, 05:46 PM
Well we just got rid of one of the major motivations RSL would have against us - Pablo apparently doesn't like US MLS types love of Bradley & Arena.

MikeForbes
06-26-2023, 07:03 PM
RSL is undefeated in 6 straight.

Richard
06-26-2023, 07:25 PM
RSL is undefeated in 6 straight.

I'm expecting a 3-0 TFC victory. :drinking:

Yes, I'm actually serious.

Mr. Inbetween
06-27-2023, 12:50 AM
? A loosey-goosey Dunfield squad with...

https://twitter.com/terry_dunfield/status/1665181321029644288

SenorDingDong
06-27-2023, 09:11 AM

I think for sure we see Berna move center. Honestly I like Kerr on the right side. He does well and his speed causes issues.

jloome
06-27-2023, 11:16 AM

Jesus H.... It tells you how mentally far gone I am from TFC that I saw that post and thought "Oh Jesus Christ, thank God." I mean, for one, I'm about as agnostic as you can get.

For another, the sheer fact that our interim coach recognizes what should be obvious -- that he's better centrally and nearer goal as a guy who always wants to score -- makes him instantly better than the guy who just left.

(For the record, even people who know and like Bradley, and consider him a good guy, have told me he is unbelievably stoic. Getting any kind of emotion or buy-in out of him was just impossible.)

ag futbol
06-27-2023, 11:39 AM
I think we're going to destroy them. It's a major new coach bump. Post Armas we beat New England and they won the supporters shield.

Doesn't mean we're a good team or our problems are fixed. Just says gap between good and bad in MLS isn't that large and RSL is only a mid table team (even if they are currently on a streak)

CorrwgBach
06-27-2023, 11:48 AM
I think we're going to destroy them. It's a major new coach bump. Post Armas we beat New England and they won the supporters shield.

Doesn't mean we're a good team or our problems are fixed. Just says gap between good and bad in MLS isn't that large and RSL is only a mid table team (even if they are currently on a streak)

I think he will simplify. Putting Kerr on the right and Fede central seems to fix a lot of issues.

I’m looking forward to the game and seeing something different. Prior to the sacking I was considering not making myself miserable and staying away. And that’s never happened.

I know that this still not yet the bright new future. but it’s a step on the way and that’s enough for now.

Ultra & Proud
06-27-2023, 12:30 PM
Prior to the sacking I was considering not making myself miserable and staying away. And that’s never happened.

Same here except I haven't gone since the match before that Athletic article came out. I swore to myself I wasn't going back until Bob was gone. Kind of looking forward to seeing what's up this Saturday. Been a while.

However my other oath of not spending a dime on any MLSE things until Bill is gone is still in effect.

jloome
06-29-2023, 05:53 PM
We need a Canada Day bump. Next match is July 4 down in Orlando. Crowd there is sure to be in a fine mood.

OgtheDim
06-29-2023, 07:24 PM
Commentators

Blake Price - Paul Dolan

Officials

Toronto FC vs Real Salt Lake
BMO Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: Marcos DeOliveira
AR1: Lyes Arfa
AR2: Gianni Facchini
4TH: Mathieu Souare
VAR: Younes Marrakchi
AVAR: Joshua Patlak

rydermike
06-29-2023, 08:56 PM
Gutierrez just came back and is hurt again. Is it a positive that they are listing Laryea as unavailable on July 1 for international duty, when technically he's not a TFC player anymore on July 1?

https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/status/1674572830338367488

SilverSamurai
06-30-2023, 01:12 AM
Gutierrez just came back and is hurt again. Is it a positive that they are listing Laryea as unavailable on July 1 for international duty, when technically he's not a TFC player anymore on July 1?

https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/status/1674572830338367488

Is it crazy I have no idea who this Gutierrez kid is?

I think with all these injuries, the only logical reason for this is that the medical staff is running some sort of insurance benefits scam.

Mr. Inbetween
06-30-2023, 03:31 AM
Given the absences due to injury or international duty, perhaps a 4-4-2; mid-diamond with Kaye at the 6 and Fede as the 10? So...

-------Insigne------------Kerr-------
-----------------Fede-----------------
---Coello-----------------Servania—-
-----------------Kaye-----------------
-Petretta--Mabika-O'Neill--Franklin-
---------------Gavran----------------

PizzaEatingYeti
06-30-2023, 05:27 AM
The Toronto Star is thinking that for bettors the best bet is to fade (yet again) TFC in the match with RSL:

Article Here (https://www.thestar.com/sports/sports-betting/2023/06/29/real-salt-lake-vs-toronto-fc-odds-and-best-bet-fade-tfc-on-canada-day.html)

jloome
06-30-2023, 02:33 PM
Given the absences due to injury or international duty, perhaps a 4-4-2; mid-diamond with Kaye at the 6 and Fede as the 10? So...

-------Insigne------------Kerr-------
-----------------Fede-----------------
---Coello-----------------Servania—-
-----------------Kaye-----------------
-Petretta--Mabika-O'Neill--Franklin-
---------------Gavran----------------

Coello likely won't start, he's still on the 'questionable' list. That usually means no or few minutes at best. Same with Petretta and Franklin.

Suspect we will see Theo Antonoglou at left back and JMR at right back.

Probably something like

---------Ranjitsingh
JMR--O'Neill--Mabika--Antonoglou
------Thompson--Kaye--------
Kerr-----Bernadeschi------Insigne
----------Sapong

But who knows, new guy new ideas. I just figure he'll prefer Thompson over Servania because he knows him from youth and he's more defensive. He commented on preferring to see Bernie central on twitter, so I'm guessing that, too.

The defense is just who we have. Might start Gavran I guess.

Either way, Terry's going to need to be a miracle worker with that lineup.

los sonadores
06-30-2023, 02:59 PM
Coello likely won't start, he's still on the 'questionable' list. That usually means no or few minutes at best. Same with Petretta and Franklin.

Suspect we will see Theo Antonoglou at left back and JMR at right back.

Probably something like

---------Ranjitsingh
JMR--O'Neill--Mabika--Antonoglou
------Thompson--Kaye--------
Kerr-----Bernadeschi------Insigne
----------Sapong

But who knows, new guy new ideas. I just figure he'll prefer Thompson over Servania because he knows him from youth and he's more defensive. He commented on preferring to see Bernie central on twitter, so I'm guessing that, too.

The defense is just who we have. Might start Gavran I guess.

Either way, Terry's going to need to be a miracle worker with that lineup.

jeeze, I hope it’s not all three of Coello, Franklin and Petretta who are questionable. That would be 13 out or unlikely. For some reason Coello was listed as questionable a few days ago but not today and instead Franklin has taken his place as the lone “questionable”.

jloome
06-30-2023, 03:20 PM
jeeze, I hope it’s not all three of Coello, Franklin and Petretta who are questionable. That would be 13 out or unlikely. For some reason Coello was listed as questionable a few days ago but not today and instead Franklin has taken his place as the lone “questionable”.

I’m looking at the injury report on mlssoccer,com and it still has them as questionable.

OgtheDim
06-30-2023, 03:44 PM
https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-terry-dunfield-june-30-2023

12 and a half minutes of Dunfield talking - libate as you would prefer

OgtheDim
06-30-2023, 03:52 PM
One note:

"We've dropped this high performance environment around them"

Gawd either Bob was really bad or these guys are snowing us....

Gringo Starr
06-30-2023, 05:06 PM
Restrictions on supporters in 114 this weekend:

MLSE appreciates that not all members in Section 114 were party to these egregious violations of the Code. However, pending the outcome of the investigation into the Incident, the following measures will be effective for Section 114 of BMO Field starting July 1, 2023.

The following “Supporters’ Privileges” are suspended for Section 114: smoke deployment, flags/banners and drums; and
For Section 114 the requirement to sit in assigned seats will be strictly enforced and Section 114 fans will not be permitted in other seating sections.

Please note that measures will be in place to ensure compliance with the foregoing and that any future transgressions of these measures or the Code, including rude and/or dismissive behaviour directed at ushers or security, modification of seats (removal of numbers), will result in immediate ejection and/or the termination of membership accounts.

jloome
06-30-2023, 05:14 PM
One note:

I think more the former. They by all accounts have some of the best training environments in pro football, up there with the biggest clubs.

We just had a manager who doesn't believe in tactical sets in any sense. I think it's utterly mental that he has the reputation he has. Absolutely mental.

OgtheDim
06-30-2023, 05:23 PM

MLSE appreciates that not all members in Section 114 were party to these egregious violations of the Code. However, pending the outcome of the investigation into the Incident, the following measures will be effective for Section 114 of BMO Field starting July 1, 2023.

The following “Supporters’ Privileges” are suspended for Section 114: smoke deployment, flags/banners and drums; and
For Section 114 the requirement to sit in assigned seats will be strictly enforced and Section 114 fans will not be permitted in other seating sections.

Please note that measures will be in place to ensure compliance with the foregoing and that any future transgressions of these measures or the Code, including rude and/or dismissive behaviour directed at ushers or security, modification of seats (removal of numbers), will result in immediate ejection and/or the termination of membership accounts.

Where is that? And wondering which incident in particular.

This means they will be checking every ticket going into the south.

Gringo Starr
06-30-2023, 05:39 PM
Where is that? And wondering which incident in particular.

This means they will be checking every ticket going into the south.

Came via email to seat holders in 114-Nothing stands out in my mind from that game as being out of the ordinary behaviour wise. There were a few people breaking seats but sadly that seems run of the mill…

Gringo Starr
06-30-2023, 05:44 PM
One note:

The interview with Kosi was interesting in that he mentions tactics being simplified and getting back to basics

SenorDingDong
06-30-2023, 07:31 PM
I hadn't watched any video yet of Dunfield until that one but he seems like the exact opposite of Bob in personality. Way more personable and less robotic. Main focus seems to be simplifying tactics and getting the players to have fun again.

MikeForbes
06-30-2023, 07:41 PM
Just remember, no matter if we win by 6 or lose by 6, we shouldn't be judging Dunfield yet.

CorrwgBach
06-30-2023, 08:31 PM
Just remember, no matter if we win by 6 or lose by 6, we shouldn't be judging Dunfield yet.

Of course. But he’s not Bob and that is great. The more I read on this forum the angrier I get the man was an idiot refusing to change I’d say the times he won he was lucky and the rest was the norm unable to actually affect change.

Breathe. He’s gone.

OgtheDim
06-30-2023, 09:32 PM
Dunfield is happy now because he gets to coach and there have been no losses and he has yet to notice or have seen him making mistakes.

I"m ok with that.

This game is very much on the players, not him.

Mr. Inbetween
07-01-2023, 05:27 AM
https://vetmedsurvivalguide.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Match-day.jpg

Mr. Inbetween
07-01-2023, 05:51 AM
Not a good sign/start! Terry Dunfield expects supporters to 'bring the noise' while Nick Eaves/MLSE decides to temper emotions...

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1674905185015984129

https://twitter.com/CaseyToGo/status/1674887600035831808

Mr. Inbetween
07-01-2023, 07:05 AM
So, on a lighter note... For Terry Dunfield's debut in the TFC coach's box along the pitch's touchline, is he wearing an Adidas tracksuit and sneaks, no cap or does he go smart navy suit provided by his mother Sharon < own past reference? >, in white shirt and white sneaks?

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:04 AM
We don't know why but sanctions in that area are usually well earned..it will be quieter but the price for noise can not be idiocy.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:47 AM
What are we saying for predictions. I say a 1-1 draw. Really can't see us losing off the dead cat bounce.

Also, don't be surprised to see Ayo start. I think Dunfield is gonna shoehorn all the young Canadians into the lineup he can. Unless they have a trade lined up for him when the window opens on Wednesday.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:56 AM
3-1 loss

nick.mastro
07-01-2023, 09:18 AM
Does anyone know why these sanctions are in place ?

Ultra & Proud
07-01-2023, 10:35 AM
Does anyone know why these sanctions are in place ?
Got to be from the scrap & megaphone night. Probably just did their do due diligence and had some face to face meetings first so it didn't blow up like that last time with the fireworks.

Joe Kool
07-01-2023, 12:41 PM
Severe thunderstorm watch…could be a long night with delays if any lightning/thunder strikes happen near or during game time.

Gringo Starr
07-01-2023, 01:24 PM
Got to be from the scrap & megaphone night. Probably just did their do due diligence and had some face to face meetings first so it didn't blow up like that last time with the fireworks.

It mentions the June 10th game specifically-agreesive behaviour to mlse staff and extensive damage to seats. There was a guy with a dlsr camera at one match this year in the section can’t recall if it was this one, but he was taking pics of the fans not the game, dressed in civvies but had a mlse lanyard- we though he was taking snaps for marketing but seems like they are trying to enforce the code of conduct now

JoesphNdo
07-01-2023, 01:31 PM
As I've said 1,000 times the sooner they ban the cosplay ultras the better

I'm weirdly wildly confident we're pulling the win here. Let's get that new manager bounce! This is going to be such a fascinating game to analyze. The positioning and performance of the Italians will say so much about what was happening and what we can possibly get too

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 01:43 PM
Hmmm...data limits on twitter if you don't have a verified account (no, I am not paying $8 a month for that site) probably means some of the information flow pregame, during and post game will be harder to find.

Does anybody know where they announce the lineups apart from twitter?

jloome
07-01-2023, 01:57 PM
As I've said 1,000 times the sooner they ban the cosplay ultras the better

I'm weirdly wildly confident we're pulling the win here. Let's get that new manager bounce! This is going to be such a fascinating game to analyze. The positioning and performance of the Italians will say so much about what was happening and what we can possibly get too

I dunno man, 10 people missing and RSL has points in 11 of their last 13 games.

I mean, we have enough talent but... who knows what we're actually going to see out there.

los sonadores
07-01-2023, 02:04 PM
Hmmm...data limits on twitter if you don't have a verified account (no, I am not paying $8 a month for that site) probably means some of the information flow pregame, during and post game will be harder to find.

Does anybody know where they announce the lineups apart from twitter?

Good question. I was almost always able to find the line up on twitter without an account of any kind.

JoesphNdo
07-01-2023, 02:11 PM
I dunno man, 10 people missing and RSL has points in 11 of their last 13 games.

I mean, we have enough talent but... who knows what we're actually going to see out there.

Oh it defies all logic and rationality but it feels nice to look at a match and feel...some kind of optimism and hope. Even if reality may soon crush it. It's been a while.

los sonadores
07-01-2023, 02:14 PM
So, on a lighter note... For Terry Dunfield's debut in the TFC coach's box along the pitch's touchline, is he wearing an Adidas tracksuit and sneaks, no cap or does he go smart navy suit provided by his mother Sharon < own past reference? >, in white shirt and white sneaks?

Vanney was not only our best manager but also our best dressed. Mariner was the greatest eyesore. BB, oddly to me, dressed as though he was an athlete in bad, informal workout gear. There is something to that… one of his ex-players said that after matches Bob would get on the exercise bike at the stadium as though he were an unused sub. The ex-player said it was difficult not to get on the bike as well or else be shamed. Total buy-in/high performance environment!

los sonadores
07-01-2023, 02:36 PM
Dunfield mentioned Kosi Thompson by name in his first press conference and then Thompson was the player chosen for the post training press conference Thursday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson starts.

And O’Neil starts because Dunfield also mentioned him by name and then stated that he was not going to play anyone out of position. That he’d rather have young guys playing their proper positions than more experienced players out of position. So presumably not MAK at centre half nor (if we had him) Richie. Clearly the opposite approach to Bradley.

jloome
07-01-2023, 03:05 PM
Dunfield mentioned Kosi Thompson by name in his first press conference and then Thompson was the player chosen for the post training press conference Thursday. I wouldn’t be surprised if Thompson starts.

And O’Neil starts because Dunfield also mentioned him by name and then stated that he was not going to play anyone out of position. That he’d rather have young guys playing their proper positions than more experienced players out of position. So presumably not MAK at centre half nor (if we had him) Richie. Clearly the opposite approach to Bradley.

I suspect we'll see Kaye and Thompson centrally. I'm not sure what Servania's strengths are, yet. I think he's just basically competent but never really stands out. But Thompson is pretty strong defensively.

If he plays a mid three, I'd probably want to see Kosi as the six and Servania/Kaye as twin eight pivots, as both seem better going forward than back. Plus, Kaye shouldn't be at the six; he's a decent marker and tackler but his passing is very suspect. In the last game, he had five bad outlet passes, all for sloppy reasons: wrong weight, spraying it wide, putting bounce on it, trying to force one.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 03:52 PM
Hopefully someone here has their Twitter rate limit not hit so they can post the starting lineup. Thanks, Elon.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 03:56 PM
Hopefully someone here has their Twitter rate limit not hit so they can post the starting lineup. Thanks, Elon.

Either that or somebody tells Eric to also put the lineup on instagram.....

Oldtimer
07-01-2023, 04:33 PM
I'm optimistic that under Dunfield we'll see a difference. Whether that is this game or next we'll see. There's always a lot of intangibles and things behind the scenes that affect a team's play. It's quite possible that the team was underperforming due to such factors, at times they certainly didn't seem to be trying to win. If the cause was related to BB we'll know pretty soon. If it's something else, I guess we'll see how the season plays out.

613reppingTFC
07-01-2023, 04:43 PM
Either that or somebody tells Eric to also put the lineup on instagram.....

I usually get the lineup from Instagram, it should also be posted on Facebook normally

FiveThreeTwo
07-01-2023, 04:47 PM
I have a feeling we come out with a nice bump in pace & focus, and hopefully if role definition was ironed out along side the other stuff with proper clarity- we start to see a lot less confusion and panic in attack transitions or if we lose the ball how we regroup, and whether they can settle in on some consistency. Big question mark to me at least will be second half when rsl adjusts - and if were able to keep the bump going or if we drop focus and let in a bad goal or two. Either way, i'm feeling oddly optimistic and interested in how this rolls out.

Guess it also comes down to whether berna has shed his negative mood and sandbagging and gets back to expressive-on-field, happy Berna we saw in the first few weeks he landed, and whether Insigne can keep up form and build. The pints are ready lol.

los sonadores
07-01-2023, 04:59 PM
I suspect we'll see Kaye and Thompson centrally. I'm not sure what Servania's strengths are, yet. I think he's just basically competent but never really stands out. But Thompson is pretty strong defensively.

If he plays a mid three, I'd probably want to see Kosi as the six and Servania/Kaye as twin eight pivots, as both seem better going forward than back. Plus, Kaye shouldn't be at the six; he's a decent marker and tackler but his passing is very suspect. In the last game, he had five bad outlet passes, all for sloppy reasons: wrong weight, spraying it wide, putting bounce on it, trying to force one.

Agree that MAK is not a six. Thompson there with MAK and Servania makes sense given the slim pickings if we play three. I’m hoping Servania fulfills more of his promise within more set responsibilities.

Seems like Rajitsingh is the weakest link. I’d be more optimistic if we had at least one of our two keepers. Still, it’s going to be much more interesting than usually lately.

ronzilla
07-01-2023, 05:38 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1675273649396359168

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 05:42 PM

Really surprised Ayo didn't start.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 05:43 PM
Coello on the bench is ncie.

I have no idea what to expect tonight out of this team...

Red CB Toronto
07-01-2023, 05:47 PM

Was really hoping to see Luka get a chance, he has a possible future here, Ranjitsingh does not.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 05:49 PM
Interested to see what people on TSN say in their pregame about the firing compared to Apple.....

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 05:59 PM
Also even more surprised Kerr didn't start on the right side. I rate him over Thompson (who I think belongs in MLS).

FiveThreeTwo
07-01-2023, 06:07 PM
Interested to see what people on TSN say in their pregame about the firing compared to Apple.....

Caldwell has been tossing some jabs in the pre-game, pretty critical over all the decisions the club has made since 2019 from all aspects... He all but said Manning needs to step up and organize a winning club and culture or the club needs to bring in people who can lol (how I interpreted at least).

Looks like they got Bill Manning to come on in the pre-game to have a chat lol - lets see how that goes

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 06:11 PM
Aaa...I see Caldwell is still butt hurt about not being brought in to manage the team after Vanney left.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 06:17 PM
And that was a lot of "meh" from Apple - focused on "what manager do TFC need"

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 06:34 PM
Gotta get atleast a point against the actual definition of an average MLS franchise.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 06:35 PM
Is Thompson playing upfront?

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 06:46 PM
Is Thompson playing upfront?
Yep! Played there in the academy, under Dunfield no less (as tsn would have us believe)

Ranjitsingh inspires no confidence here.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 06:47 PM
OMG - did Berna just take it wide right to the line?

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 06:48 PM
Yep! Played there in the academy, under Dunfield no less (as tsn would have us believe)

Ranjitsingh inspires no confidence here.

Some in the academy say Kosi was actually a natural goalkeeper and will be playing there next week.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 06:55 PM
Have to be honest, Bernie’s future is in the middle or nowhere.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 06:57 PM
good on 114 tonight

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:00 PM
I mean, watching this it’s hard not to argue our #1 priority by miles should be a striker.

Edit:,Kaye has done dumb shit like that at least 5-10x this year. We’re lucky he hasn’t sunk us multiple times.

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:01 PM
Maaaan, Kaye with stupid, stupid turn. Almost cost us.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Bring on Kerr, RW. Move Bernie to CaM, can’t take MAK off but wow. If it doesn’t work blow it up.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:04 PM
Maaaan, Kaye with stupid, stupid turn. Almost cost us.
Bring on Coello. Kaye is playing himself into being a MLS reserve player.

MikeForbes
I mean, watching this it’s hard not to argue our #1 priority by miles should be a striker.

No worries. We'll use that 3rd DP spot on our RB. 🔥

OgtheDim
A lot of the problem here is the FB's don't trust themselves to move the ball forward so it goes back...that and Servania & Kaye are not good enough on the ball as a pair.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Petretta did something!

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:10 PM
No worries. We'll use that 3rd DP spot on our RB. 🔥
Yeah, as much as I like Laryea, it’s hard to look at what we have on the field right now and say “we really need to spend more money on a RB”

Kobe actually does a pretty decent job and is young.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:11 PM
That Luna guy really stands out to me.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:18 PM
RSL actually plays really nice football.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:21 PM
Insigne has given up on Terry Ball after 45 minutes. This is gonna be a process and half.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 07:23 PM
Insigne has given up on Terry Ball after 45 minutes. This is gonna be a process and half.

He was injured but I think he's not happy with the lack of impetus by the midfield & the CB's - the passing map's heaviest arrow looks to be Mabika to our keeper.

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:24 PM
A lot of the problem here is the FB's don't trust themselves to move the ball forward so it goes back...that and Servania & Kaye are not good enough on the ball as a pair.

Well, that was mediocre.

I’d say the 442 is making it easier for us, but there’s no confidence. The number of back passes, it was like Terry was back out there playing.

Not enough energy in transition. Mabika is a good defender but both he and Kaye occasionally look like Bambi on ice.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:27 PM
Halftime discussion point: is MAK a worse signing than Mista?

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 07:28 PM
Yeh, nobody really moving all game -both teams relied upon transition to a certain extent but RSL move the ball way quicker. No real playmaker on our side and no real threat from Sapong (who had 2 decent chances)

noxx98
07-01-2023, 07:29 PM
This team is still really bad. Going to need some Italian magic to win this.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:31 PM
RSL actually plays really nice football.
Yeah they do. It sort of feels like a unique style for MLS as well. Haven’t seen anybody else play like this. Although I’m struggling to describe what I’m seeing in certain respects.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 07:32 PM
This team is still really bad. Going to need some Italian magic to win this.

Probably 2 magic moment bits because O'Neill looks not good enough.

That & I counted at least 3 "odd man rushes" moments there against us, including a 2 on 0.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:37 PM
Yeah they do. It sort of feels like a unique style for MLS as well. Haven’t seen anybody else play like this. Although I’m struggling to describe what I’m seeing in certain respects.

They seem to play through the outside and mostly rely on their central midfielders to spray the ball wide, clean up messes and protect their CBs.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 07:39 PM
They seem to play through the outside and mostly rely on their central midfielders to spray the ball wide, clean up messes and protect their CBs.
They have a lot of team speed at 1v1 ability though. That makes it fun to watch. More like the profile of their players they’ve decided to bring in makes it interesting.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:46 PM
Kosi is gonna end up like Okello. No one has any idea where his best position is and he just doesn't get properly developed.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 07:46 PM
The amount of times we get the ball into their side and it ends up going back to the keeper....this is ugly football.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Any news on why LI replaced.

jloome
The ref went to his whistle on that play before either player even reached the ball.

That deserves a sanction or review of some sort.

MikeForbes
Major Lazar.

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Did he take off O’Neill, our only good player today?

What the fuck?

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:49 PM
Gahd we’re cowardly

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Fucking color guy doesn’t even know the cross was to DAndre. Geez.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:53 PM
Fucking color guy doesn’t even know the cross was to DAndre. Geez.

These are formerly TSN's Whitecaps announcers.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 07:55 PM
Kaye off?! #DunfieldIn

jloome
Kaye has been pretty damn poor.

RealG-TFC
Kaye throwing a bottle. He must miss his papa.

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:56 PM
The 16 year old is immediately stripped like he wasn’t there

FiveThreeTwo
07-01-2023, 07:57 PM
Kaye... a player who's agility looks as smooth as a rhino sometimes, and for every great pass makes 5-6 stupid errors and fails at basic technical elements... is throwing water bottles because he thinks he's a difference maker out there and worthy of the 90 minute treatment... lol.

I need to pick up that grit/ambition/arrogance gene that he has that enables him to think he's better than he actually is lol.

jloome
07-01-2023, 07:57 PM
Fucking Petretta shoves savarino in the box. thank god he didn’t feel it and go down. what a dumb play.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Kaye throwing a bottle. He must miss his papa.

Can't wait until the Galaxy hire Bradley and they trade us Delgado, 1 million in GAM and a first round pick for Kaye.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:00 PM
Did he take off O’Neill, our only good player today?

What the fuck?

Uh...you really don't want to know what I thought of O'Neill in the first half....

benito
07-01-2023, 08:01 PM
He has to finish that!

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:01 PM
How did he miss?!

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:05 PM
Coello is miles better than Kaye.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:08 PM
Not sure what type of midfielder Servania is....not really defensively minded but can't take up space offensively either.

He's a 10 metres either side of the midfield type...

Now just watched him 3 times watch them with the ball near our 18 and he's not taking up a defensive stance or watching anybody - like he's playing zone. Then Akinola is struggling to hold up play & Servania just runs forward as against looking to provide an outlet.

The guy needs a few weeks of film study.

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:12 PM
I would trade anyone on our squad for Savarino or Luna.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 08:12 PM
Really shocking how much better Bernie plays without LI

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 08:15 PM
Not sure what type of midfielder Servania is....not really defensively minded but can't take up space offensively either.

He's a 10 metres either side of the midfield type...

Now just watched him 3 times watch them with the ball near our 18 and he's not taking up a defensive stance or watching anybody - like he's playing zone. Then Akinola is struggling to hold up play & Servania just runs forward as against looking to provide an outlet.

The guy needs a few weeks of film study.
He looks like a backup to me. Kinda sad considering how much we paid.

Oldtimer
07-01-2023, 08:18 PM
This game makes me realize how boring TFC played under BB. The excitement level is much higher than any BB game this season.

Soccerpro
07-01-2023, 08:22 PM
He looks like a backup to me. Kinda sad considering how much we paid.

There's a reason Dallas gave him up.

benito
07-01-2023, 08:24 PM
Every game ends this way

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:24 PM
How the fuck does this keep happening?

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Am I watching Groundhog Day?

MikeForbes
07-01-2023, 08:25 PM
Also, convert Mabika to a goalie. He leads the team in saves.

Soccerpro
07-01-2023, 08:26 PM
RSL could have easily won 4-0 or 4-1 tonight.

Bushmancan
Do not sign Richie as a DP unless teams can now hav 4, FIRE MANNING! Rebuild

Btw I love Richie, but we can’t make him a DP… this team is soooo broken

(Edit)

OgtheDim
Didn't expect much and pretty much got it.

This team has a mental problem - they watch the ball rather then the men around them - they don't find space & many don't run towards danger.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 08:29 PM
Kerr can still play.
Coello can still play.
Mabika had some good moments and would look better next to Hedges
Ranjitsingh looks like a Sunday night men’s league keeper but he still made a stop when needed

We just need to make the tough decisions that have not yet been made. One of the itialians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.

stevep
07-01-2023, 08:29 PM

Yes for sure. They have fooled the masses to pay tfc prices to watch tfc2 players
Bill Manning is a very smart guy.
Don’t let his act fool you he is very good at what he does. Make profit for tfc

What other result does anyone expect?

Ultra & Proud
07-01-2023, 08:33 PM
JMR at his best, is total shit. It's shameful he still gets a sniff. He really should be fighting Conway for who gets to pick up the balls after training.

AdamAM
07-01-2023, 08:35 PM
Yes for sure. They have fooled the masses to pay tfc prices to watch tfc2 players
Bill Manning is a very smart guy.
Don’t let his act fool you he is very good at what he does. Make profit for tfc

What other result does anyone expect?

No way they’re making a profit with a half empty stadium every game and the Insigne and Bernadeschi contracts. This team is burning money and going nowhere fast. At least Kerr and Coello looked good, and Stefanovic was promising for a 16 year old, much better than any other Academy CB we’ve called up. Made a couple great tackles and seemed pretty composed.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:36 PM

The stats don't say that.

Like every single fan in the world, we overrate our xG, either when they miss or we miss.

Not going to care too much about the result of a game we were always likely to lose. Just can't anymore...too painful otherwise.

The hard work, the decision making about who is actually good and who has an upside...that starts after this game. I want to see if Hernandez is up to it. I don't think Dunfield is the long term answer to the manager situation but that team looked better then what BB would have provided.

ag futbol
07-01-2023, 08:36 PM
JMR at his best, is total shit. It's shameful he still gets a sniff. He really should be fighting Conway for who gets to pick up the balls after training.
I want to know who had this guy on their “top North American prospect in their year” list. Never smelled right. Years later he still looks like a boy unprepared to play with men.

Edit: Give me guys like Kerr and Franklin who work hard and hit the first team ready to play. I have seen too many “there’s something about that kid” prospects come out of the academy that we give too many minutes to. Nobel Okello can’t play a clean 90 but look at that potential. Jayden Nelson is a headless chicken but look at that potential. JMR is just another one in that bucket. He should clean up his game in the USL or MLS NP, then come back here when he’s ready.

Bushmancan
07-01-2023, 08:38 PM
Why we picking on JMR, lots more to be critical of.

Ultra & Proud
07-01-2023, 08:39 PM
I don't think Dunfield is the long term answer to the manager situation but that team looked better then what BB would have provided.

I didn't see it that way. Looked similar. Same issues from the start, same solution after the Insigne sub. Basically we're looking at another 2 year tear down & rebuild. We'll be average by 2026 if we don't balls it up like we usually do

ronzilla
07-01-2023, 08:39 PM
MAK and Akinola are not even good enough for the bench.

Entertaining match. Shitty result.

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:41 PM
Can't succeed in MLS without a decent midfield and we ain't got one.

Ultra & Proud
07-01-2023, 08:42 PM
Why we picking on JMR, lots more to be critical of.
Because he was the answer to Insigne leaving and is hyped but is & was shit. Whenever he is out there I know we're not seriously trying to win. We're at best hoping he increases his potential for a sale but that's not happening.

SKB
07-01-2023, 08:42 PM
Manning has to go and now. We need to rebuild the culture and team. Start sending emails and make calls to TFC demanding changes. Can we make protest posters to bring to the stadium to get Manning fired. Enough is enough!

benito
07-01-2023, 08:46 PM
This team is poorly constructed. They have spent more money than anyone else and will have to pay others to take these players.

stevep
07-01-2023, 08:47 PM
No way they’re making a profit with a half empty stadium every game and the Insigne and Bernadeschi contracts. This team is burning money and going nowhere fast. At least Kerr and Coello looked good, and Stefanovic was promising for a 16 year old, much better than any other Academy CB we’ve called up. Made a couple great tackles and seemed pretty composed.
27,000 tonight wirh about another couple thousand no shows that already paid via via season seats
Paying all these tfc2 players peanuts. They are making money hand over fist.
Take that bot

tfcfans
07-01-2023, 08:50 PM
I can’t wait for the renewal notices to come out (with either a mild increase (LOL) or a “we hear you” and keep prices as is - no more Liewickie price resets) - and then trying to sell us on Messi being the reason to keep our season seats as opposed to the other 19 games we pay for to watch our own team play, that are frankly almost unwatchable most nights.

I’ve been through many years of crap as a STH from before the “worst team in the world” days —- not sure I’ve ever felt less attached or more apathetic whether I go to games anymore which is really sad. It’s simply not enjoyable to watch most of the time.

Even worse than being angry is I’ve gotten to the point of not caring enough to keep getting angry every week.

AdamAM
07-01-2023, 08:56 PM
27,000 tonight wirh about another couple thousand no shows that already paid via via season seats
Paying all these tfc2 players peanuts. They are making money hand over fist.
Take that bot

They’re up at the cap and spend more on DP’s than any other team in the league… paying 10 players close to minimum doesn’t matter when it averages out to the 2nd highest payroll in the league. Concessions are down as well. Nice cope though, I thought sports betting guys are supposed to be good with numbers? You didn’t really do the math all the way through on this one.

Moving on, this game really emphasized the idea that having your 2 best players on opposite sides of the pitch does absolutely nothing for you. It’s the Insigne show in the 1st half and the Berna show in the 2nd. Berna needs to be moved centrally, having them be on opposite sides of a 4-4-2 is really terrible asset management

OgtheDim
07-01-2023, 08:58 PM
Serious question

Is Peruzza really that much worse then Akinola that he get almost no minutes?

I mention this because I look at the passing map on this stat page & just cringe.

https://www.torontofc.ca/competitions/mls-regular-season/2023/matches/torvsrsl-07-01-2023/stats

Red CB Toronto
07-01-2023, 09:02 PM
I have been saying it and will say it again, hope Luka gets a shot Tuesday night at Orlando. It is a a quick turnaround with really not much time to train, maybe one session and a Flight down Monday. Luka potentially has a future here, Greg simply does not.

Thomas
07-01-2023, 09:41 PM
You said that right. A lot of hype and nothing to show. Bad passes, and when they were completed, they went backwards.

Thomas
07-01-2023, 09:43 PM
I kind of like Kerr. Can he play the full 90, or at least more than his brief sub on?

Thomas
07-01-2023, 09:47 PM
LI was on a different wave length much of the time. He would make a very short pass, and then sprint into an open spot…expecting a quick pass back. Most of the time, it never happened.

los sonadores
07-01-2023, 10:56 PM
One of the Italians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.

Yeah, I agree with this.

Nice to see Coello back. At the moment he’s probably our best midfielder. Coello and Osorio.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-02-2023, 06:09 AM
How the fuck does this keep happening?

This time was just the "Canada Day Curse", lol.
Would've happened even if TFC would have been in the Supporter's Shield race this season. :drinking:

Gringo Starr
07-02-2023, 07:30 AM
Kerr can still play.
Coello can still play.
Mabika had some good moments and would look better next to Hedges
Ranjitsingh looks like a Sunday night men’s league keeper but he still made a stop when needed

We just need to make the tough decisions that have not yet been made. One of the itialians needs to go even if we eat partial salary. I’d rather have one Italian and a striker or one Italian plus Pozuelo than what we are doing right now.

If we could we should move both Italians and go full rebuild

Gringo Starr
07-02-2023, 07:37 AM
This game makes me realize how boring TFC played under BB. The excitement level is much higher than any BB game this season.

We weren’t any better but it was much easier to watch, we actually had a chance to win. The late goal sucked the wind out of it but at least it was an entertaining night out.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-02-2023, 08:26 AM
If we could we should move both Italians and go full rebuild

Agree, until now they are playing like any club in the World would be fu-cked in their judgement to pay Insingne more that USD 4 mil per season, and to Berna more than USD 2 mil per season.

OgtheDim
07-02-2023, 08:50 AM
In the light of the day after

Never good to lose

&

That could have been a heck of a lot worse

reggie
07-02-2023, 09:26 AM
they played hard last night,not enough talent.the DP s are not diffrence makers,and MANNING OUT

Ultra & Proud
07-02-2023, 10:45 AM
they played hard last night,not enough talent.the DP s are not diffrence makers,and MANNING OUT

They probably could be difference makers if we had another high level DP playmaker to get them more involved in the offense but of course Bill never considered that so Bill Out!

MikeForbes
07-02-2023, 11:17 AM
The fact that Insigne left the game injured and we have a very quick turnaround likely means we won't be seeing him on Tuesday against a good Orlando team.

Prof
07-02-2023, 11:28 AM

This I agree with you 100%. Everyone else, including the 16 year old played well, hustled and looked competent. JMR is crap. No confidence at all. Needs to play in CPL to develop, he is not good enough for MLS.:drinking:

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2023, 01:30 AM

So, according to TTID and IIUC, it seems MLSE may have got wind that there was supposed to be some sort of an 'organized' protest in the South End; that some SG's would be targeting TFC's <upper> management or Manning and 'someone' decided to then take some pre-emptive measures.

wopchop
07-04-2023, 05:28 AM
So, according to TTID and IIUC, it seems MLSE may have got wind that there was supposed to be some sort of an 'organized' protest in the South End; that some SG's would be targeting TFC's <upper> management or Manning and 'someone' decided to then take some pre-emptive measures.
Interesting.
There were definitely drums in 114 though