PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 20 - TFC @ NER - Sat June 7:38pm - Don't seem they

OgtheDim
06-22-2023, 06:08 AM
wanna know you no more

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P23Gqn6y8AI&ab_channel=Madness

Have at It Peopple

SenorDingDong
06-22-2023, 08:42 AM
This should be another Loss.

ag futbol
06-22-2023, 09:17 AM
I hate to root for losing under any circumstances. I’ve completely resisted doing it.

But I hope the players role over like they did for Armas and we get smoked. Rid our football team of this imposter and his boss.

It’s the best hope we have of salvaging this season.

Joe Kool
06-22-2023, 12:00 PM
It is getting harder to watch these days....but I still will. Sucker for punishment I guess. So many changes in the team over the past year or so and yet still such uninspired football being played with just flashes here and there for excitement. Tired of watching other teams figure it out and playing well as a team all with less resources than our team has.

Fort York Redcoat
06-22-2023, 01:32 PM
We're still paying Jozy right? Maybe he can play both sides this match?

I wish Tajon was playing but he's still in like a fairytale.

JoesphNdo
06-22-2023, 01:45 PM
We're still paying Jozy right? Maybe he can play both sides this match?

I wish Tajon was playing but he's still in like a fairytale.

How many times in history have two teams met where both teams are paying the same players salary and he plays for neither side?

OgtheDim
06-22-2023, 04:04 PM
How many times in history have two teams met where both teams are paying the same players salary and he plays for neither side?

There's a Merit Ozil joke in here somewhere....

Bushmancan
06-22-2023, 06:40 PM
Could very well be Richie’s last game for TFC. At least we can see him at BMO for Canada on the 27th.

Auzzy
06-23-2023, 08:10 AM
wanna know you no more

Have at It Peopple

I think you wanted to write "Sat June 24th" in the title.

Thanks for always posting these threads!!

OgtheDim
06-23-2023, 08:22 AM
I think you wanted to write "Sat June 24th" in the title.

Thanks for always posting these threads!!

Yup meant to put in the date....although each game sort of feels like a whole month right now.. :nonod:

Slick
06-23-2023, 04:15 PM
I really do hope it's Bob's last game, or I have to seriously question if MLSE even bothers to check any stats let alone the standings.

Kamp Berg
06-23-2023, 05:43 PM
It’s hard to imagine what the line up will be tomorrow, considering all the absences. If all the questionables are out tomorrow, we might be seeing:

Ranjitsingh
O’Neill————-Mabika———-Rosted
Berna-Thompson-Kaye-JMR-Insigne
Kerr-—Sapong

Hard to see it going well.

ronzilla
06-23-2023, 06:37 PM
Wheres Hedges? Could avoid humiliation if hes available.

Kamp Berg
06-23-2023, 07:07 PM
Wheres Hedges? Could avoid humiliation if hes available.

He’s questionable for tomorrow.

Mr. Inbetween
06-23-2023, 10:02 PM
In this instance, I think the questionable are, more than possible, suspect probable, to play. The question... will it be the full or parts of a match.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1672228020164399107

PizzaEatingYeti
06-24-2023, 03:30 AM
In this instance, I think the questionable are, more than possible, suspect probable, to play. The question... will it be the full or parts of a match.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1672228020164399107

So why were people posting about this may be Richie's last match in TFC colors?

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2023, 09:45 AM
So why were people posting about this may be Richie's last match in TFC colors?

Ritchie's last game as it stands was likely Wednesday. On my way to the Jays game last night I saw him downtown. Team Canada arriving in Toronto yesterday. With his loan expiring on Friday, guess things have to be figured out, but I am not expecting him to the Reds, in honest at this point there are likely better places for him to be.

ensco
06-24-2023, 10:33 AM
This game tonight could break me. I can’t watch it.

The 7-1 game in 2021 was different, even though it got Armas fired, I personally didn’t get upset. Hard to remember exactly why other than everything seemed weird in covid and could be forgiven or forgotten in some sense.

613reppingTFC
06-24-2023, 11:10 AM
Has anyone seen the media TFC released about tonight's game with two American football helmets clashing? This club is so odd with the marketing ideas. They fall so short of what they should be doing and trying to connect with the supporters and casuals to get them excited

reggie
06-24-2023, 11:23 AM
Has anyone seen the media TFC released about tonight's game with two American football helmets clashing? This club is so odd with the marketing ideas. They fall so short of what they should be doing and trying to connect with the supporters and casuals to get them excited

the whole club has gone to shit.its actually getting embarrassing on and off the field

jloome
06-24-2023, 11:37 AM

The 7-1 game in 2021 was different, even though it got Armas fired, I personally didn’t get upset. Hard to remember exactly why other than everything seemed weird in covid and could be forgiven or forgotten in some sense.

I left a message for my source yesterday about Michael getting his badges and conveyed the general consensus that appointing him here would be catastrophic to both his legacy and the fans' already soured general mood. Haven't heard back. That's not uncommon in terms of the time lag but it's a bit unnerving.

I can't really figure this out. No human being with enough intelligence, in one form or another, to get to his managerial level can possibly be so stubborn as to not realize it's the offensive set that isn't working. The defense is usually pretty solid, the possession is excellent when the players still think they're in it.

It's the movement around the box. It's not that the Italians don't put danger balls in, it's that there's never ever anyone there. They try three or four at the beginning of the game, then give up and start trying to do it themselves. Everyone hangs deep, at the top of the box in the case of the striker, even further back in the case of the midfielders. No one attacks the posts. No one attacks the spot.

It doesn't make any sense. Either a) they're being told to always patiently set up and pen the other team in until a closer chance prevails, which would obviously be moronic, and just seems unlikely; or b) pros with years of experience don't know when to attack the box or c) there's some shit going on here that we all are not seeing, some fight over how the offense is run, or some other political shit going on.

I mean, maybe he's svengali-like enough that Bob literally is doing a "Hoosiers" -- like Gene Hackman leaving only four men out because the fifth disrespected the team, he's making them play the offense as always probing from the top of the box until they learn it.

But ... we're eighteen games in. On his SECOND season. This is absolute madness.

Is he deliberately tanking himself, trying to convince them they should punt him up to just sporting director to clear the way for Michael? I know, it's soap opera conspiracy nuts. But I'm starting to lose any rational thread to any of this.

JoesphNdo
06-24-2023, 11:46 AM

Other than the opportunity cost and what we've pissed away to me its the gaslighting. I don't care if you're crap but this is "you can piss on my face but don't tell me it's raining", it's the gaslighting that makes me have genuine contempt for the organization

The lies about how everything was great before the athletic article dropped from our "press", the soft ball questions of asking people if the father son dynamic is a problem...in front of them...on a recorded interview...and publishing the answer like it proved something. The pretending a stadium I can see is half empty is fucking full. The pretending being near the play offs with the richest squad in the league is somehow success when everyone makes the fucking play offs. It's the constant reality denying north Korean media esque gaslighting and complete lack of taking any responsibility for what's happening. It's the fact that this team is put second to the egos of the Bradley's and, and most won't agree with this, I don't think either has done nearly enough to deserve the deity treatment they get and now the fact that it may take years more of garbage to move past them

I can root for a player who is shit but trying. But rooting for an organization that is constantly trying to shovel shit down my throat is alot harder.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 11:58 AM
We should all just agree to stop watching this team and meet back here in 30 days, haha.

Probably better for our blood pressure.

Richard
06-24-2023, 12:10 PM
We should all just agree to stop watching this team and meet back here in 30 days, haha.

Probably better for our blood pressure.

Surprised the bookies are even taking bets on this, we'll get the same post game comments from Bob like last game, and this will continue until he is sacked.

We're stuck on groundhog day.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 12:14 PM
Surprised the bookies are even taking bets on this, we'll get the same post game comments from Bob like last game, and this will continue until he is sacked.

We're stuck on groundhog day.
Maybe he should try the old toaster in the bathtub trick. That should put an end to our woes.

Graeme
06-24-2023, 01:08 PM
So you think we'd have a chance at this game if Bob Bradley died in the bathtub? The entire team, including the Italians, are garbage. Ladt game, Insigne had a wide open Kerr at the top of the 6, but instead tried a crazy shot that wasn't even on net...and so it goes.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 01:22 PM
Okay, so Bob, Michael, fake son, the Italians, all in the bathtub.

Andre Lombardo comes back and does a pre-game ayahuasca ceremony with our strikers. We explode for 8 goals and go on to win the league.

los sonadores
06-24-2023, 01:41 PM
I left a message for my source yesterday about Michael getting his badges and conveyed the general consensus that appointing him here would be catastrophic to both his legacy and the fans' already soured general mood. Haven't heard back. That's not uncommon in terms of the time lag but it's a bit unnerving.

I can't really figure this out. No human being with enough intelligence, in one form or another, to get to his managerial level can possibly be so stubborn as to not realize it's the offensive set that isn't working. The defense is usually pretty solid, the possession is excellent when the players still think they're in it.

It's the movement around the box. It's not that the Italians don't put danger balls in, it's that there's never ever anyone there. They try three or four at the beginning of the game, then give up and start trying to do it themselves. Everyone hangs deep, at the top of the box in the case of the striker, even further back in the case of the midfielders. No one attacks the posts. No one attacks the spot.

It doesn't make any sense. Either a) they're being told to always patiently set up and pen the other team in until a closer chance prevails, which would obviously be moronic, and just seems unlikely; or b) pros with years of experience don't know when to attack the box or c) there's some shit going on here that we all are not seeing, some fight over how the offense is run, or some other political shit going on.

I mean, maybe he's svengali-like enough that Bob literally is doing a "Hoosiers" -- like Gene Hackman leaving only four men out because the fifth disrespected the team, he's making them play the offense as always probing from the top of the box until they learn it.

But ... we're eighteen games in. On his SECOND season. This is absolute madness.

Is he deliberately tanking himself, trying to convince them they should punt him up to just sporting director to clear the way for Michael? I know, it's soap opera conspiracy nuts. But I'm starting to lose any rational thread to any of this.

I don’t have any answers, or at least none that I haven’t already pointed to on this board over the past season and a half. There has almost always been an element of head scratching during BBradley’s time at the club. We do often look as good or better than teams much higher than us in the standings. But only in the first half and often not for the full 45 mins. Also, we don’t seem to have a striker capable of scoring even a single goal, let alone someone who might be given the respect of the Italians.

los sonadores
06-24-2023, 01:47 PM
Andre Lombardo comes back and does a pre-game ayahuasca ceremony with our strikers. We explode for 8 goals and go on to win the league.

Maybe Andrea Lombardo is the answer ! Apt, somehow to think about our 16 year relationship to Italian footballers….

Red CB Toronto
06-24-2023, 02:09 PM
Nice to see the team went out as one last night to the TFC II match and did not go off in their own directions for the evening, or just hanging out in the hotel. I know its not much but it does say something to me.

Toronto FC on Twitter: "Reds 🤝 Young Reds The lads paid an early visit to @GilletteStadium to cheer on @TorontoFCII in @MLSNEXTPRO action 👏 https://t.co/BMcalGjNDl" / Twitter (https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1672680189963403265?cxt=HHwWgoDQmajxxrYuAAAA)

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 02:38 PM
"That's how you shoot..."

:)

So, expecting a loss, what am I watching for tonight?

Keepers - change or Singh get better

Mabika - continued growth - how does he handle NER movement

Servania - can he hold down a spot

Insigne - can he find space to receive the final pass in the box - so not always way out on the left

Petretta - he was good at the beginning - lets see what he can do for 90 (assuming he's fit)

JMR - assuming he plays a bit here - signs of maturity?

Guitteriez - showed signs of life when in - when he gets more time, what can he do

Auzzy
06-24-2023, 03:09 PM
Other than the opportunity cost and what we've pissed away to me its the gaslighting. I don't care if you're crap but this is "you can piss on my face but don't tell me it's raining", it's the gaslighting that makes me have genuine contempt for the organization

The lies about how everything was great before the athletic article dropped from our "press", the soft ball questions of asking people if the father son dynamic is a problem...in front of them...on a recorded interview...and publishing the answer like it proved something. The pretending a stadium I can see is half empty is fucking full. The pretending being near the play offs with the richest squad in the league is somehow success when everyone makes the fucking play offs. It's the constant reality denying north Korean media esque gaslighting and complete lack of taking any responsibility for what's happening. It's the fact that this team is put second to the egos of the Bradley's and, and most won't agree with this, I don't think either has done nearly enough to deserve the deity treatment they get and now the fact that it may take years more of garbage to move past them

I can root for a player who is shit but trying. But rooting for an organization that is constantly trying to shovel shit down my throat is alot harder.

POTY candidate.

I actually haven't been able to watch TFC interviews for a LONG time. In the early years, I gobbled up every piece of news etc. if it was TFC related. Even when we were crap, it was somehow still interesting. I can't remember exactly when I got completely disillusioned. Even when management weren't total wankers for a while, I just got burned too many times that I just couldn't stomach watching an interview or a press conference anymore.

Actually this year, for the first time in a while, I'm not getting too upset at games anymore, other than the occasional face palm or cheer. We're just enjoying our time there, spending $0 on food and drink, and getting to know the other SSH around us better. The club in its current state isn't worth getting upset about.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 03:17 PM
The Revs play at the New England Patriots stadium. It's probably a dig that the Revs use an NFL stadium because they don't have a soccer stadium.

FootBallAZ
06-24-2023, 03:44 PM
Did yall see TFC promo for the game they used two football helmets it's like they are jerking us around if I could upload it i would

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 03:51 PM
Oh God

New England Revolution vs Toronto FC
Gillette Stadium (7:30PM ET)
REF: Ted Unkel
AR1: Corey Rockwell
AR2: Jeremy Smith
4TH: Calin Radosav
VAR: Kevin Terry Jr
AVAR: Rene Parra

I'll take the comms team though

https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1671915253959909376

rydermike
06-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Luka Gavran signed to another short term loan. Guess even though they're supposed to be four day loans, maybe they can only be used for one match since theoretically today was the 4th day of the last one.
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1672643343732572162

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 03:52 PM
Did yall see TFC promo for the game they used two football helmets it's like they are jerking us around if I could upload it i would

That reminds me...the Argos starting playing on the field again.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 03:54 PM
That reminds me...the Argos starting playing on the field again.
At least there's a Toronto team that can win at BMO Field now since TFC doesn't seem to be able to.

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2023, 04:51 PM
Latest chatter is that the New England Revolution have entered into talks with CF Montreal over a potential trade for defensive midfielder Victor Wanyama.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 05:43 PM
Edit cause Petretta not playing

Insigne - can he find space to receive the final pass in the box - so not always way out on the left

Kerr - can he handle speed of play around him if pressed

Guitteriez - showed signs of life when in - when he gets more time, what can he do

rydermike
06-24-2023, 05:59 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1672737682387001344

Ranjitsingh
JMR-Hedges-Mabika-Gutirrrrz
Kerr-Kaye-Servania
Bernie-Sapong-Insigne

Yuushalinsky
06-24-2023, 06:00 PM
match description:

Unbeaten since May, New England takes on an improving TFC.

'improving'

''improving''

'''improving'''

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 06:08 PM
match description:

Unbeaten since May, New England takes on an improving TFC.

'improving'

''improving''

'''improving'''
I guess improvement is in the eye of the beholder.

CorrwgBach
06-24-2023, 06:28 PM
If the gold cup is important why doesn’t mls stop. If it’s not important why do the teams let their players go. It’s so confusing

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 06:29 PM
Poured a measure of cognac...might need another. I'm expecting 3-0 here.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 06:34 PM
If the gold cup is important why doesn’t mls stop. If it’s not important why do the teams let their players go. It’s so confusing
They don't have a choice. Fifa window, clubs are obligated to release them

CorrwgBach
06-24-2023, 06:41 PM

Ok, but nations league and gold cup so close together seems bad planning.

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2023, 06:43 PM

I will argue... theoretically correct, yet in practicality a grey area. A number of players not playing in GC 'in order to rest' for their upcoming league season play/starts. I think off-the record discussions happen between clubs and their players and the players and their NMTs.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 06:46 PM
A lead?
What is this?

Yuushalinsky
06-24-2023, 06:46 PM
A GOAL?

in OPEN PLAY?

Colour me SHOCKED. but I'm happy to see some life.

jloome
06-24-2023, 06:47 PM
Finally we lead a game.

Had people in the box on the first two sorties into their end, too. That's a good sign.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 06:47 PM
Was that an actual well placed cross?

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 06:48 PM
Was that an actual well placed cross?

Guitteriez....might be a threat to cross in a ball?

Yuushalinsky
06-24-2023, 06:49 PM
Finally we lead a game.

Had people in the box on the first two sorties into their end, too. That's a good sign.

We lead games a lot.

I'd like for us to lead games BY a lot instead. We've only had one lead of larger than a goal this year.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 06:55 PM
Insigne dominating

rydermike
06-24-2023, 06:56 PM
If that went in, that would've been so TFC

jloome
06-24-2023, 06:57 PM
Insigne looks possessed tonight.

They’re talking about Vrioni not making the starting lineup. There’s a player worth getting, if it could be for high TAM /u22 dp. Just hasn’t seen consistent enough time. Very talented though.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 07:06 PM
Okay Servania, if you lose the challenge fine but don’t jog behind the play after like an idiot.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 07:07 PM
That was coming.

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:08 PM
That was coming.

As a fullback, Guitierrez makes a heck of a winger.

Got to try and at least block that.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 07:09 PM
Servania has not been good - giving away the ball & not finding pockets to be passed to.

CorrwgBach
06-24-2023, 07:11 PM
That was coming.

There is the half time pep talk coming up.

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2023, 07:14 PM
Is it me or is Lollo playing more central pitch; not so much touch-line?

rydermike
06-24-2023, 07:20 PM
I wish we had a DP like Carles Gil. Not a huge name, not an outrageous salary, but a central playmaker who just always looks dangerous.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 07:21 PM
Gil vs. Insigne is fun to watch

JoesphNdo
06-24-2023, 07:21 PM
I wish we were this lucky when we were good

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:23 PM
I thought we did okay. A few obvious issues and breakdowns; MAK had three egregiously bad passes, including one that led to a breakaway. Gutierrez and Kerr don't pressure the ball defensively, pretty much at all. Gutierrez always tries to just mark his man out, which is often useless unless they're against the touchline.

Offensively looked better, though. We are a bit of a bad decision factory, still. BUt at least we had players aggressively attacking the box, basically for the first time this season.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 07:23 PM
I wish we had a DP like Carles Gil. Not a huge name, not an outrageous salary, but a central playmaker who just always looks dangerous.
Agreed. It’s outrageous how much guys like that change the game in MLS.

Loyal
06-24-2023, 07:26 PM
Marshall Rutty fails no matter what assignment he is given

Getting undressed in our end all night

Time to move on.........

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 07:27 PM

Singh giving up one on the short side isn't good ..

Yeh, he's an MLS league level CB - great watching him with Hedges

So far no - my suggestion for a sub off

Yup, he's found space -coming back to get the ball is working really well against their going high RB

Kerr - can he handle speed of play around him if pressed

Seems to be doing OK - needs to be given room by Berna

Steady - not flashy & not bombing forward much but good & steady

As Jloome said, nice winger but you have to step up to people - he's not engaged in defence and that's not a good look for a LB

Gringo Starr
06-24-2023, 07:32 PM
Kerr did really well to get on the end of the cross for the goal.

Yuushalinsky
06-24-2023, 07:34 PM
my gut says we give up another one, so we have to score two if we wanna win.

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:35 PM
We played half decently so naturally he's changing up a third of the team. Jesus Christ. I must be going mad.

JoesphNdo
06-24-2023, 07:35 PM
The positive angle is insigine has quietly gotten quite good over the past while, he is starting to look like what we expected when we got him. He's terrifying them when he has the ball.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 07:36 PM
Hedges lasted a full 45 minutes? Jesus Christ this coaching staff sucks.

Don’t complain about injuries if you won’t rehab your players properly.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 07:40 PM
This formation relies a lot on Servania.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 07:42 PM
The subs have really responded.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 07:42 PM
Oh look, you take out hedges and they score immediately

DinamoTFC
06-24-2023, 07:43 PM
Luke Wileman "we can only speculate but we don't get any information from TFC about changes in game"

Infighting again my guess

jloome
Brilliant.

OgtheDim
Mabika ball watching on that one - beat over the top...again.

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:45 PM
Brilliant tactical decision, moving us into a formation we never play. Smashing.

SoccMan2
06-24-2023, 07:46 PM
Like really Hedges out again like at this point what’s the point anymore , and they we are a bunch of useless center backs who would have a hard time starting in the CPL , Roasted a guy who hardly played in the Norway , but somehow he was supposed to make a difference here at TFC .

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:49 PM
Why? Kerr is young, playing well, has a goal. What the fuck.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 07:49 PM
WTF sort of sub is that? You take off the goal scorer for a guy who can’t score to save his life?

Please Bob, resign.

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:50 PM
Miracle, taylor. The word is miracle.

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:52 PM
He puts three at the back, then we go down one .... and he leaves three at the back, even though it's one less outfield player to pressure the ball.

He's a fucking fraud.

wopchop
06-24-2023, 07:54 PM
Yes, sub out the guy who has actually scored this year.

CorrwgBach
06-24-2023, 07:54 PM
WTF sort of sub is that? You take off the goal scorer for a guy who can’t score to save his life?

Please Bob, resign.

Maybe everyone is stuck and they all want out. It’s just one den of misery built by manning.

DinamoTFC
06-24-2023, 07:55 PM
I'm shocked to see so many second half collapses after leading. We all know why

jloome
06-24-2023, 07:57 PM
He's a foolish coach. Gutierrez was important going forward; yes, he was culpable on the ball. But the answer to that is to tear a strip at halftime and get him to press the ball, not "punish" him by taking him off.

Just... man, he's tanked us. We had momentum in this; they were better, and we were making just enough mistakes to deserve to be behind. But we still had a shot. Then he overthought, overadjusted. He's straight up tanked us.

rydermike
06-24-2023, 07:57 PM
Maybe Bob is intentionally trying to lose as a way to try to prove that the team needs Michael in the lineup.

noxx98
06-24-2023, 08:01 PM
Summer of Perruzza...

stevep
06-24-2023, 08:01 PM
Maybe Bob is intentionally trying to lose as a way to try to prove that the team needs Michael in the lineup.

We have a winner!

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 08:02 PM
He's a foolish coach. Gutierrez was important going forward; yes, he was culpable on the ball. But the answer to that is to tear a strip at halftime and get him to press the ball, not "punish" him by taking him off.

Just... man, he's tanked us. We had momentum in this; they were better, and we were making just enough mistakes to deserve to be behind. But we still had a shot. Then he overthought, overadjusted. He's straight up tanked us.

I suspect it went this way

Hedges injured

Putting in one of Rosted or O'Neill is unlikely to work.

So need 3 CB's.

Guiterrez not pressing 3 times was just enough to get him subbed off.

Our problem is without Hedges or Laryea as the second CB, we can't use 2 CB's - that's not good.

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 08:03 PM
So do we price finishing in practice or?

jloome
06-24-2023, 08:10 PM
More American delusion. "Toronto has been playing better than their position in the table."

It's almost cult-like, I swear.

jloome
06-24-2023, 08:12 PM
I suspect it went this way

Hedges injured

Putting in one of Rosted or O'Neill is unlikely to work.

So need 3 CB's.

Guiterrez not pressing 3 times was just enough to get him subbed off.

Our problem is without Hedges or Laryea as the second CB, we can't use 2 CB's - that's not good.

It was a silly gamble. He should've taken his chances and trusted his defenders to maybe have a good game, and just subbed the one player.

He doesn't believe formation is important. But shape and comfort in it has a lot to do with tendencies and players knowing where to be.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 08:13 PM
Anybody who complains about our viking clap

show them this effin wave

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 08:14 PM
Perruzza has been better then Akinola....

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 08:15 PM
Anybody who complains about our viking clap

show them this effin wave
My ears are bleeding listening to this noise. It sounds like a fucking children’s amusement park.

jloome
06-24-2023, 08:15 PM
Insigne is pissed. Kicked the boards.

DinamoTFC
06-24-2023, 08:17 PM
It was a silly gamble. He should've taken his chances and trusted his defenders to maybe have a good game, and just subbed the one player.

He doesn't believe formation is important. But shape and comfort in it has a lot to do with tendencies and players knowing where to be.

Agree, anyone who had experience playing competitive can tell you formations absolutely make a difference. Maybe not if you're Man City and all your players are world class. Bob tinkered too much too early.

Graeme
06-24-2023, 08:21 PM
Man, that looked just on side!

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 08:22 PM
They really moved on from that really quick. Kind of horse shit

noxx98
06-24-2023, 08:22 PM
Insigne doing everything he can to will this team to a draw

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2023, 08:24 PM
Best squad effort/performance of the season?

ag futbol
06-24-2023, 08:24 PM
Let’s hope that’s the end of Bob.

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2023, 08:26 PM
Man, that looked just on side!

Agree. On-side!

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 08:26 PM
If you accept

a) we are not well coached

b) the roster is not well set up

c) we do have a lot of injuries & guys at international

so you don't expect much........

that was a lot better then I thought it was going to be.

Slick
06-24-2023, 08:29 PM
Best squad effort/performance of the season?

Still not good enough.

Can someone at MLSE with half a brain fire Bob and Bill already???

MikeForbes
06-24-2023, 08:34 PM
Let’s hope that’s the end of Bob.

I don't think it happens until the season ends. I am sure Bill and Bob are feeding MLSE the "injuries, international duty, bad luck" narrative.

JoesphNdo
06-24-2023, 08:34 PM
I thought we were second best in the first half but credit where it's due the last half hour especially we deserved something. That offside call... I'd love to see the proper technology on that. Honestly in the circumstances that's a decent performance and a very good one from insigne. I still think we scrape into the play offs and he alone may carry us to some wins getting us there

Loyal
06-24-2023, 08:45 PM
What happened to Bernie?

Derko
06-24-2023, 08:46 PM
So I defer to the experts, where did we go wrong other than not scoring enough goals to win!! FFS

Derko
06-24-2023, 08:47 PM
What happened to Bernie?

Probably told Bob he is an asshat, and doesn't know what the fuck he is doing.

OgtheDim
06-24-2023, 08:50 PM
What happened to Bernie?

BB said his back was hurting

Hedges - hamstring

reggie
06-24-2023, 09:05 PM

Hedges - hamstring

i like hedges.but he has become mavinga 2.0

jloome
06-24-2023, 09:33 PM

Hedges - hamstring

Would anyone be surprised if it turned out to be "Benardeschi, feeling embarrassed by how much of his play went awry in the first half, got pissed and crawled down Gutierrez's throat for his shit defending, at which point Hedges stepped into defend him, the two came to blows and ..."

I know, probably nothing that exciting. Please Lord, let it end.

Gringo Starr
06-25-2023, 06:30 AM
If you accept

a) we are not well coached

b) the roster is not well set up

c) we do have a lot of injuries & guys at international

so you don't expect much........

that was a lot better then I thought it was going to be.

Yeah, lowered expectations kinda helps, I almost enjoyed watching parts of this one

ensco
06-25-2023, 07:16 AM
Based on extended highlights only… looked like a decent soccer game. We were better than I expected. That Insigne offside goal should have counted, once again I don’t understand how VAR wasn’t invoked there, and let's give Kaye some love for that ball, which was a beauty.

Although the good chances looked like they were about 8-3 for NE…

CorrwgBach
06-25-2023, 07:39 AM
Based on extended highlights only… looked like a decent soccer game. We were better than I expected. That Insigne offside goal should have counted, once again I don’t understand how VAR wasn’t invoked there, and let's give Kaye some love for that ball, which was a beauty.

Although the good chances looked like they were about 8-3 for NE…

Once the flag is raised they can’t. The assistant is supposed to let play develop and end if unsure, so that it can be reviewed. Once they raise the flag that avenue is not available.

Be nice if they were consistent on that.

OgtheDim
06-25-2023, 07:47 AM
VAR checks every goal for a clear and obvious error.

In this case, Var couldn't determine in their mind if that was clear and obviously a wrong decision. If the flag had not been raised, VAR would probably have said the same thing.

Thus, the issue actually was the Assistant's call, not VAR.

OgtheDim
06-25-2023, 07:48 AM
But my God, what a hit that was by Insigne. And he was on fire coming back centrally to grab things & move with pace to create spaces for people.

wopchop
06-25-2023, 07:54 AM
VAR checks every goal for a clear and obvious error.

In this case, Var couldn't determine in their mind if that was clear and obviously a wrong decision. If the flag had not been raised, VAR would probably have said the same thing.

Thus, the issue actually was the Assistant's call, not VAR.
The reason always as to why they sometimes hold the flag is because it is tight and to allow a VAR check.
In MLS, VAR can only recommend a video review to the referee for four situations: a goal, a penalty kick, straight red card, and mistaken identity.

JoesphNdo
06-25-2023, 08:07 AM
Once the flag is raised they can’t. The assistant is supposed to let play develop and end if unsure, so that it can be reviewed. Once they raise the flag that avenue is not available.

Be nice if they were consistent on that.

VAR checked it and thought it wasn't a clear and obvious error according to the commentators. To be fair, I'm not sure I fully disagree, though I do think it was onside I wouldn't stake my life on it. It's one where I think the call on the field would stand whichever way it was

We need the proper offside technology. Completely removes any ambiguity and makes the decision instantly

Canary10
06-25-2023, 08:27 AM
VAR checked it and thought it wasn't a clear and obvious error according to the commentators. To be fair, I'm not sure I fully disagree, though I do think it was onside I wouldn't stake my life on it. It's one where I think the call on the field would stand whichever way it was

We need the proper offside technology. Completely removes any ambiguity and makes the decision instantly

I found myself wishing we had the EPL version of VAR and their offside tech, which I generally find annoying at least 1/3 of the time. Looked on to me.

I actually thought we played well last night.

noxx98
06-25-2023, 09:49 AM
I don't think the offside call was "clear and obvious", and would be okay with the onfield decision standing, except MLS has not been consistent in applying this. I remember a few onside/offside decisions early on in the season last year that were revised to be against us.

Mr. Inbetween
06-25-2023, 11:45 AM
FWIW…

https://twitter.com/TouchlineTFC/status/1673012316189720577

leedsandTFC
06-25-2023, 02:54 PM
I don't think the offside call was "clear and obvious", and would be okay with the onfield decision standing, except MLS has not been consistent in applying this. I remember a few onside/offside decisions early on in the season last year that were revised to be against us.
pretty sure when it's this tight the linesmen are told to keep their flags down though.

very unlucky imo, although we got lucky on a similar call away at atlanta earlier this year.

JoesphNdo
06-25-2023, 03:05 PM
pretty sure when it's this tight the linesmen are told to keep their flags down though.

very unlucky imo, although we got lucky on a similar call away at atlanta earlier this year.

Flag down until the play is over and then call it as best you see it is the rule now

Mr. Inbetween
06-25-2023, 07:47 PM
FWIW, for the record, the snapshot...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzf28NTWIAItYCE?format=jpg&name=900x900

spe18
06-25-2023, 10:25 PM
FWIW, for the record, the snapshot...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Fzf28NTWIAItYCE?format=jpg&name=900x900

This snapshot seems to confirm it's too close to call :)

PizzaEatingYeti
06-26-2023, 02:38 AM
This snapshot seems to confirm it's too close to call :)

This snapshot IMO does not prove anything... because we can't see where is the ball in this moment.
If the ball is still "glued" to the foot of the player giving the pass, in the next fraction of second, when it is separation between the passer's foot and the ball (even if it is 1 cm), this line drawn in the image may have Insigne's foot already 5-20 cm inside that line.

Mr. Inbetween
06-26-2023, 03:32 AM
^
Fair enough…

https://twitter.com/idiffidatiTFC/status/1673247353237585923

613reppingTFC
06-26-2023, 08:27 AM
^
Fair enough…

https://twitter.com/idiffidatiTFC/status/1673247353237585923

Still very hard to tell. Insigne looks onside in that freeze frame..however it also looks like Mark's foot is still behind him and hasn't kicked the ball, looks like it would have to be advanced a couple frames, in which case that may put him offside. Either way, it was so close the linesman shouldn't have put the flag up and should have gone to VAR for better look at it.

Polar opposite of what happened when Priso got hurt when we played New England trying to run all the way back when it was clearly offside and the linesman should have raised his flag. League does not have any consistency with this sort of thing and both times it has come back to bite us.

Auzzy
06-26-2023, 10:37 AM
I watched the first 30 minutes and was planning to catch the rest delayed a bit. However Apple TV / MLS Season Pass screwed up when I tried to continue with the game. (In the end I'm glad I didn't see more. The highlights were depressing enough.)

Thanks to somebody here, I found the setting to not show the scores when trying to watch the game later. However, Apple still shows you the goal highlight videos (with text), right next to where you need to click to restart the game. So it's almost impossible to watch the game on delay w/o seeing which team scored.

Also, every decent streaming service will automatically restart you watching where you left off when you take a break for a while. Not this crappy service (at least not on the web). When I came back in, it offered "watch live" or "watch from the start" like always; should have also offered "continue where you left off." Worse than that: I selected "watch from the start" and instead it went straight back to live, a few minutes before the end of the game. Even though I tried not to look, I had a pretty good idea of what the final score was. All pretty amateur.

Another thing: how do players succeed in Serie A and the Italian national team when they can't tap in a goal with their weaker foot? Berna and Insigne both tried really awkward shots with the outside of their dominant foot when they should have had easy goals. (Not the first time I've seen that.) Not only were the shots awkward: their foot is closer to the defender and much easier to block when you try things like that.