PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 18 - Nashville @ TFC Sat Jan 10 7:38pm - So many people with so much to do

OgtheDim
06-05-2023, 10:09 AM
Am I the Last of my Kind?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mtFav19_UhE&ab_channel=JasonIsbell-Topic

Have at It People

Canary10
06-05-2023, 10:30 AM
If any game screams draw....

OgtheDim
06-05-2023, 10:31 AM

Well every game screams draw right now....

ag futbol
06-05-2023, 10:34 AM
Going to be watching the coaching battle on this one. Gary Smith makes very easy and sensible adjustments throughout a game. Bob on the other hand…

Canary10
06-05-2023, 10:37 AM
Well every game screams draw right now....

Lol. True.

ensco
06-05-2023, 11:00 AM
Nashville are playing really well, have won four in a row, and sit second in the league. We have been playing poor or struggling teams, this is different.

BMO is far from a fortress these days. This game screams loss not draw to me.

Richard
06-05-2023, 11:03 AM
Looking forward to Shaffelburg scoring a brace and our manager getting the sack.

Ultra & Proud
06-05-2023, 11:05 AM
Looking forward to Shaffelburg scoring a brace and our manager getting the sack.
He hasn't been playing much lately so that's probably unlikely. Mukhtar on the other hand...

ag futbol
06-05-2023, 11:11 AM
He hasn't been playing much lately so that's probably unlikely. Mukhtar on the other hand...
They basically use him as a counter attacking option when they have the lead or when the game gets more open. Nothing fancy, he’s direct and attacks the goal.

But trotting the guy out to “stick it to his old team” is definitely something I’d try as a manager. Fully expect he’ll be a second half sub if he doesn’t start.

Smokecell
06-05-2023, 12:17 PM
Nashville are playing really well, have won four in a row, and sit second in the league. We have been playing poor or struggling teams, this is different.

BUT this is MLS so it probably means blowout win g:D

OgtheDim
06-05-2023, 12:19 PM
Well here's hoping if Hedges can't go that Rosted is in a better head space then he was on Saturday night - that was some serious chaos brain going on there.

SenorDingDong
06-05-2023, 12:21 PM
Well here's hoping if Hedges can't go that Rosted is in a better head space then he was on Saturday night - that was some serious chaos brain going on there.

He seems to be in a confidence slump. He started the first 10 games or so really well. Since he had that error against NER its like he's doubting himself on the field.

MikeForbes
06-05-2023, 01:18 PM
Hany would skin Rosted alive. We really need Hedges to be back in the 11 for Saturday.

FiveThreeTwo
06-05-2023, 01:58 PM

This game screams our former lad Shaff blowing through a semi slow,over aggressive Rosted on a one-two link up play with Mukhtar in the 89th minute to give Nashville the 2-1 win lol. He hasn't had his moment to burn us yet has he?

Ultra & Proud
06-05-2023, 02:11 PM
This game screams our former lad Shaff blowing through a semi slow,over aggressive Rosted on a one-two link up play with Mukhtar in the 89th minute to give Nashville the 2-1 win lol. He hasn't had his moment to burn us yet has he?

MacNaughton header goal off an early corner to get things rolling. We seem to have Shaff's number and we don't give away a ton of transition goals anymore but now we can't defend set pieces worth a shit so MacNaughton time.

jloome
06-05-2023, 02:58 PM
Totally depends which team we put out there. But Nashville is at the least positionally sound across all 11 slots. We'll be lucky to get out of this better than 1-0. Mukhtar has the same kind of game impact as Reynoso, would ran us to death in short order.

Canary10
06-06-2023, 10:17 AM

They're still not the most offensive team, but yeah fair enough. They're playing well right now. Lots of 2-1 wins.

rydermike
06-06-2023, 10:18 AM
FYI, the thread title says January 10 instead of June 10

OgtheDim
06-06-2023, 11:25 AM
FYI, the thread title says January 10 instead of June 10

Hmmm....Monday morning & not enough coffee.....but u & a are two different hands so who knows what i was thinking...

ensco
06-06-2023, 12:06 PM
They're still not the most offensive team, but yeah fair enough. They're playing well right now. Lots of 2-1 wins.

I watched their game against Columbus a couple of weeks ago and was extremely impressed. Nashville look like a contender should look like.

They were great on the counter, which is a big weakness for us.

FootBallAZ
06-06-2023, 12:22 PM
Finding it difficult to go.

Champions league is on at 330 pm it becomes even more difficult going from champions league quality to MLS and TFC quality.

Ultra & Proud
06-06-2023, 02:05 PM
They were great on the counter, which is a big weakness for us.

Not really anymore.

We don't really do anything offensively with pace or push numbers up anymore so we give up minimal. And do minimal. We make every match we're in as boring as possible. We're the real anti-football.

ag futbol
06-06-2023, 02:12 PM
Not really anymore.

We don't really do anything offensively with pace or push numbers up anymore so we give up minimal. And do minimal. We make every match we're in as boring as possible. We're the real anti-football.
Our strikers are mainly ornamental in nature. They might touch the bal at midfield but never near the box.

I will also argue two certain midfielders being out is helping our ability to defend the counter. Particularly one guy who points at other people to chase down his marking assignments while he tucks into the middle.

Ultra & Proud
06-06-2023, 02:15 PM
Our strikers are mainly ornamental in nature. They might touch the bal at midfield but never near the box.

I will also argue two certain midfielders being out is helping our ability to defend the counter. Particularly one guy who points at other people to chase down his marking assignments while he tucks into the middle.

When's the last time we got torched often on counters? This isn't 2022 anymore where we give up 2 goals on the counter per match.

Now set pieces is a different story. Those we can't defend.

ag futbol
06-06-2023, 02:26 PM
When's the last time we got torched often on counters? This isn't 2022 anymore where we give up 2 goals on the counter per match.

Start of this season, when they both were playing :)

Ultra & Proud
06-06-2023, 02:59 PM
Start of this season, when they both were playing :)
Yeah those were the old days now. The days before Bob sacrificed all offense for flow killing defense. Imagine if that guy valued balance. That'd be something.

jloome
06-06-2023, 03:18 PM
I will say that although I fully expect us to cack this up, I thought the drifting Bernie thing made us look better offensively. Sapong was a decent winger originally in MLS and he put in a couple of decent balls. And having him closer to goal upended them a bit. By the second half he seemed to have mostly drifted back right, not sure why.

jloome
06-06-2023, 04:30 PM
Hany would skin Rosted alive. We really need Hedges to be back in the 11 for Saturday.
Well, they should know each other. They were teammates at Brondby.

jloome
06-06-2023, 04:32 PM
Osorio is expected to be back for this game, I hear.

ensco
06-06-2023, 06:07 PM

Um, the Minnesota game? They didn’t score on one, but they had 4-5 dangerous moves on the counter.

Joe Kool
06-07-2023, 09:06 AM
So I wonder if the air quality advisory is still ongoing by Saturday if that will affect the game. I wouldn't want to be outside breathing heavy right now.

OgtheDim
06-07-2023, 09:49 AM
So I wonder if the air quality advisory is still ongoing by Saturday if that will affect the game. I wouldn't want to be outside breathing heavy right now.

God this is like covid - have to parse through the news stuff to find people who were monitoring stuff like this forever

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Doesn't go to Saturday yet...worst is tomorrow morning.

Joe Kool
06-07-2023, 11:28 AM
God this is like covid - have to parse through the news stuff to find people who were monitoring stuff like this forever

https://firesmoke.ca/forecasts/current/

Doesn't go to Saturday yet...worst is tomorrow morning.

Thanks for that. I have asthma which makes this all the more fun. Unless cleared I will have to likely pass on the game on the weekend....if they have it still that is.

Ultra & Proud
06-07-2023, 11:58 AM
Thanks for that. I have asthma which makes this all the more fun. Unless cleared I will have to likely pass on the game on the weekend....if they have it still that is.
Yeah I wonder if they would cancel it? I don't have asthma but I use my bike to commute and my throat is dead and I am coughing when I get here. I can't imagine running for 90 minutes and breathing it in.

jloome
06-07-2023, 12:27 PM
I saw a study that for every eight hours spent in ‘hazardous’ level pm2 particulate, your risk of lung cancer goes up 6%.

Mr. Inbetween
06-07-2023, 12:35 PM
FWIW...

https://twitter.com/BenNollWeather/status/1666411629494554631

&

https://twitter.com/EPAair/status/1666460006042988544

Gringo Starr
06-07-2023, 03:09 PM

MLS is terrified Canada is on fire….

Gringo Starr
06-07-2023, 03:11 PM

Have you had to use your puffers a lot, my partner has asthma and is relying on them at the moment.

Joe Kool
06-07-2023, 03:44 PM
Have you had to use your puffers a lot, my partner has asthma and is relying on them at the moment.

To be honest I have stayed indoors in my house. Luckily I work from home. That first morning it was bad I was outside for a few minutes and could already feel the issue starting so I went back inside. I wore a mask the one time I had to go somewhere. That was it. So puffer has not been used. I am in avoidance mode.

Auzzy
06-07-2023, 04:08 PM

Yeah I wonder if they would cancel it? I don't have asthma but I use my bike to commute and my throat is dead and I am coughing when I get here. I can't imagine running for 90 minutes and breathing it in.

I saw a study that for every eight hours spent in ‘hazardous’ level pm2 particulate, your risk of lung cancer goes up 6%.

To be honest I have stayed indoors in my house. Luckily I work from home. That first morning it was bad I was outside for a few minutes and could already feel the issue starting so I went back inside. I wore a mask the one time I had to go somewhere. That was it. So puffer has not been used. I am in avoidance mode.

Try wearing an N95 mask outdoors. If they fit well, they block particles incl. pm2.5 very well. I used to have asthma, but it's almost completely gone as I've it gotten under control over many years. Last year we had 3 cats living with us: in the past a single cat would have had me needing both puffers immediately, but this time nothing. I biked to & from work with my 3M mask yesterday and had zero problems. Still don't overexert yourself, because the masks don't block the gasses that are part of wildfire smoke. But a leisurely bike ride, or watching a game of footy should be fine.

los sonadores
06-07-2023, 06:06 PM
Try wearing an N95 mask outdoors. If they fit well, they block particles incl. pm2.5 very well. I used to have asthma, but it's almost completely gone as I've it gotten under control over many years. Last year we had 3 cats living with us: in the past a single cat would have had me needing both puffers immediately, but this time nothing. I biked to & from work with my 3M mask yesterday and had zero problems. Still don't overexert yourself, because the masks don't block the gasses that are part of wildfire smoke. But a leisurely bike ride, or watching a game of footy should be fine.

I use an N-99 and in addition to all of the above I haven’t had covid, the flu or even a cold in the last 4 years. Very effective.

spe18
06-07-2023, 06:23 PM

Other games that could be affected too on the weekend are in New England (Boston), Montreal, and possibly Chicago.

Also, 2 games in MLB (in NY & Philadelphia) have been postponed till tomorrow.

Plus Jays are playing tonight too - though they have the advantage of having the roof closed :D

ensco
06-07-2023, 06:52 PM

Are we at or near “hazardous” levels? Based on the stuff I am seeing on twitter, we are slightly above Dubai for the last days, and I think have many many days (ie 100+ a year) like this… and it's not like lung cancer rates there anything near what your number would imply

https://twitter.com/fatimabsyed/status/1666486089614340098?s=61&t=m37cT46Agnuvoekh9VGF_w

Gringo Starr
06-07-2023, 06:58 PM
That is awesome, so glad for you, asthma is tough. Do you do breathing exercises? My partner’s asthma was almost non existent for 6-7 years but she got covid and now it is as bad as it ever was.

P.s. Sorry for going off topic

Auzzy
06-07-2023, 07:12 PM
I use an N-99 and in addition to all of the above I haven’t had covid, the flu or even a cold in the last 4 years. Very effective.

Congrats! Same for my wife and I. I've had 4 sick days since March 1st 2020: either bad takeout food, or bad sleep messing up my stomach (and I definitely book off if I'm sick, or might be sick). I actually haven't had the flu in 20 years, because I got the flu shot every year since then. One of the reasons I no longer get asthma, as it used to always flare up after I got the flu.

Auzzy
06-07-2023, 07:22 PM
That is awesome, so glad for you, asthma is tough. Do you do breathing exercises? My partner’s asthma was almost non existent for 6-7 years but she got covid and now it is as bad as it ever was.

P.s. Sorry for going off topic

Yeah it's a big topic! Sorry to hear about your partner -- unfortunately that's very common. And it's a major reason I've resisted getting COVID so far, because I know what it feels like when you can't breath. Also based on warnings from my dermatologist, with so many people getting (or re-awakening) skin conditions after Covid. I don't want to risk immune dysregulation. RE asthma: no breathing exercises, just general fitness but I don't know if that did much. I suspect the biggest things were getting the flu shot every year for 20 years (I used to often get asthma after the flu); and the coal plants getting shut down in Ontario in 2014, and hardly any smog days since then. Plus a couple of smaller factors.

More on topic: the air seems MUCH better tonight. Maybe the forecasts were wrong, and the crap will clear out sooner? Much harder to protect the players on the field from bad air!

jloome
06-07-2023, 08:41 PM
Are we at or near “hazardous” levels? Based on the stuff I am seeing on twitter, we are slightly above Dubai for the last days, and I think have many many days (ie 100+ a year) like this… and it's not like lung cancer rates there anything near what your number would imply

https://twitter.com/fatimabsyed/status/1666486089614340098?s=61&t=m37cT46Agnuvoekh9VGF_w

That study was recent and based on longitudinal studies of exposure to pm2.5, which is microscopic smoke particulate, ash that gets through most filters. The overall score for a city like Delhi is based on more than one source. Having said that, a lot of people wear masks all the time in Delhi and a lot of Asian cities for precisely this reason.

In Bangladesh, 25% % of the male population, based on a five-year average, will get either lung or oral cancer in their lifetime. (13.1% lung, 11.9% oral/bronchial)

In Canada, it's 12.5%. (7% lung/5.5% oral/bronchial).

Admittedly, they do say the largest part of the difference is decreased smoking rates here versus most of Asia.

Lung cancer is the number one cancer diagnosed in both Bangladesh and India. In Canada, it's breast cancer.

Auzzy
06-07-2023, 11:15 PM
jloome we might have to start a new thread, because we're probably only a few microns away from a paddling by Oldtimer. ;)

HEPA air purifiers (for in your home) can significantly reduce PM 2.5 concentrations, on average by about 50%, but there's a huge variance between different devices in real-life use. Plus the capacity of the device really matters, relative to the size of your home (ACH = air changes per hour), and how much pollution is getting in from outside. In a few days I should be getting a VINDSTYRKA air quality sensor from Ikea, which measures PM 2.5. Then I'll see how well our four commercial HEPA air purifiers, and our newest PC-fan based Corsi-Rosenthal box work against the crap currently being served up in Toronto's air. But the gasses from the wildfires are also dangerous (VOCs and more), and HEPA does nothing against them. (Our commercial air purifiers also have active charcoal filters which do help against things like VOCs.)

Reference: Efficacy of HEPA Air Cleaner on Improving Indoor Particulate Matter 2.5 Concentration - PubMed (nih.gov) (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/36141811/)

RE N95 masks: they filter PM 2.5 particles very well in theory, but in this case the fit of the mask makes a huge difference. Air that leaks in around the edges will be unfiltered and will reduce the real-life efficacy. I'm just purchasing the materials to do a proper fit test on our masks to be sure. But I can tell you one thing: with my best masks, I can barely smell the current smoke.

Reference: "N95 respirators offer protection against wildfire PM2.5, reducing exposure by more than a factor of 14 and hospitalizations by 22%–39%"
from: Quantifying the Health Benefits of Face Masks and Respirators to Mitigate Exposure to Severe Air Pollution - PMC (nih.gov) (https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8438762/)

The other caveat: N95 (& N99 & KN95 & KF94 & FFP-whatever) masks also do nothing against the gasses and VOCs in wildfire pollution. For that, you would need something like these respirators from 3M, with the right cartridges attached. Let's buy 22 of these for the boys on Saturday! :D 3M Half Mask Respirators | 3M United States (https://www.3m.com/3M/en_US/p/c/ppe/respiratory-protection/reusable-respirators/half-mask/)

I just heard that the worst air pollution is expected for Thursday morning, so this afternoon was only a temporary reprieve. I really wonder what they'll do about Saturday if it doesn't get better. Is the Rogers Centre available, with the roof closed? :D :D

PS if you're concerned about lung cancer, then test the radon in your home! The leading cause of lung cancer for non-smokers; and for smokers it really increases their risk. We just found out that the radon in our house is pretty bad...

jloome
06-07-2023, 11:30 PM
I wonder what he'll do with Oso. Hoping he starts.

los sonadores
06-07-2023, 11:39 PM
I wonder what he'll do with Oso. Hoping he starts.

Is Oso back for sure?

I hope we see the best of him here soon… that seems to be happening with Canada and maybe soon again in Nations League too. At least we’re not likely to have him as a winger… but comon, use the guy properly. I think we really need that to happen.

Auzzy
06-07-2023, 11:58 PM
When Bradley was out, the Osorio / Delgado combo did great. I'm interested to see how Oso does with someone like Servania. I'm afraid that the Oso / MAK combo is a bit slow, so the team positioning & the third midfielder will make a huge difference.

Anyone know how much longer until Coello is back?

jloome
06-08-2023, 12:21 AM
When Bradley was out, the Osorio / Delgado combo did great. I'm interested to see how Oso does with someone like Servania. I'm afraid that the Oso / MAK combo is a bit slow, so the team positioning & the third midfielder will make a huge difference.

If it was his ankle MCL then it's 3 months, easy.

OgtheDim
06-08-2023, 07:04 AM

FWIW Coello & Bradley are both doing outdoor land training now - Oso did 3 weeks of that before this week.

Canary10
06-08-2023, 02:42 PM
Oso not listed in the injury report. Good news.

Loyal
06-08-2023, 06:06 PM
Oso always recovers in time for the CMNT - not sure why they picked a player who has not played in weeks?

Initial B
06-08-2023, 06:43 PM
Pshaw. Here in Ottawa, we were the worst in the World on Tuesday! g:D

SilverSamurai
06-08-2023, 10:31 PM
Oso always recovers in time for the CMNT - not sure why they picked a player who has not played in weeks?

He goes into beast mode against CONCACAF opponents.
I can't see him playing much if at all. Maybe late game sub against Panama, but guess we'll see.

Hopefully he doesn't get broken again this weekend. Hope he's a late game match and doesn't start. Last thing the team needs is to lose him again for another 2 months.

OgtheDim
06-09-2023, 06:17 AM
Officials

Toronto FC vs Nashville
BMO Field (7:30PM ET)
REF: Jon Freemon
AR1: Chris Wattam
AR2: Meghan Mullen
4TH: Mathieu Souaré
VAR: Younes Marrakchi
AVAR: Jonathan Johnson

(Newish guy who came up through VAR)

&

You lot at home got Twellman....in town. Not sure that has happened since 2017.

https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1666809533258436610

I suspect he is going to go off on Toronto at some point - "But its Bob Bradley" will be a bingo space.

Mr. Inbetween
06-10-2023, 06:11 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/soSpCV6RduYtzbMwqn/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95253bef0f5c0380028078b41128325 3002fb1dd611&ep=v1_internal_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Will Matt Hedges start; he is questionable?
Supposedly, Molinaro was the only media at TFC's presser yesterday?

Kamp Berg
06-10-2023, 08:35 AM
https://media2.giphy.com/media/soSpCV6RduYtzbMwqn/giphy.gif?cid=6c09b95253bef0f5c0380028078b41128325 3002fb1dd611&ep=v1_internal_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy.gif&ct=s

Will Matt Hedges start; he is questionable?
Supposedly, Molinaro was the only media at TFC's presser yesterday?

Anything remotely interesting from the presser?

Richard
06-10-2023, 09:41 AM
I dont know if I can watch TFC after the champions league final. :ack2:

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 09:53 AM
Anything remotely interesting from the presser?

Oso back

Gold cup will mean Rajitsingh gets a few starts

O'Neill is questionable - league said out

Mr. Inbetween
06-10-2023, 09:57 AM
Molinaro, 'one on one interviews' with BB and SJ?

Shane should also be 'questionable'; trying to re-notify or clarify with league. A 'real' possibility- problematic to loose both goalkeepers to GC.

For those 'there', at the time, if you close your eyes, just listen, does SJ's voice bring you be back to MuchMusic, Rap City, Michael Williams interviews?

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023#training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023

(https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023#training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023)https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023#training-sound-sean-johnson-june-9-2023

(https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-june-9-2023#training-sound-sean-johnson-june-9-2023)

Kamp Berg
06-10-2023, 10:00 AM
Oso back

O'Neill is questionable - league said out

Thanks, I was hoping Gavran would be ready to get a shot. Good that Oso is back, but I imagine he’ll be pretty rusty.

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 10:08 AM

This is a prime example of poor roster construction. If you know your primary guy could be away on international duty, why have a backup that could fall into the same category?

Edit: have a hard time believing they see Rajitsingh as the #2 as opposed to Romero.

jloome
06-10-2023, 10:15 AM
This is a prime example of poor roster construction. If you know your primary guy could be away on international duty, why have a backup that could fall into the same category?

Edit: have a hard time believing they see Rajitsingh as the #2 as opposed to Romero.

Romero wasn't called up to El Salvador until after we signed him. Given that he has less than one year of professional experience, they may not have expected that.

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 10:31 AM
Romero wasn't called up to El Salvador until after we signed him. Given that he has less than one year of professional experience, they may not have expected that.
How many professional footballers does ES have playing outside their home country? Hope it was something that was on their radar at least.

Red CB Toronto
06-10-2023, 10:40 AM

He already had 5 caps for El Salvador prior to joining the Reds and had been in their youth setup for many years. The possibility of international duty would have been known at he time the Reds had interest.

jloome
06-10-2023, 10:42 AM
He already had 5 caps for El Salvador prior to joining the Reds and had been in their youth setup for many years. The possibility of international duty would have been known at he time the Reds had interest.

Oh! My apologies, Ag, I remembered him getting a call right after he signed for us and thought that was his first.

That was exceptionally stupid, then. Almost unbelievably so. We signed a goalie AND a backup who were already call ups? Jesus Christ.

Ultra & Proud
06-10-2023, 10:51 AM
That was exceptionally stupid, then. Almost unbelievably so. We signed a goalie AND a backup who were already call ups? Jesus Christ.

We do so many vastly stupid things that this one falls down the list somewhat so I can forgive it.

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 12:29 PM
Oh! My apologies, Ag, I remembered him getting a call right after he signed for us and thought that was his first.

No worries! My broken clock of a mind is right at least twice a day :)

jloome
06-10-2023, 02:43 PM

So far it's making MLS look exciting. Inter is just bunkering 11 behind the ball. It's woeful.

ensco
06-10-2023, 03:18 PM
So far it's making MLS look exciting. Inter is just bunkering 11 behind the ball. It's woeful.

60 minutes in, and one wonders… are both teams using the Bob Bradley gameplan?

EDIT: Rodri isn’t. Love a DM who knows how to come forward and blast one like that.

rydermike
06-10-2023, 03:38 PM
Romero got signed because he's Bob's guy from LAFC. Basically every signing this season was a Bob guy apart from the undeniable top FA's like Johnson and Hedgea

Ultra & Proud
06-10-2023, 03:41 PM
60 minutes in, and one wonders… are both teams using the Bob Bradley gameplan?

Bob has a gameplan?

ensco
06-10-2023, 03:58 PM
Bob has a gameplan?

Pinball it around in midfield and hope for a lucky carom. It works sometimes!

Mr. Inbetween
06-10-2023, 04:08 PM
200M USD as the rough draft for any gameplan. BB would still find a way, to find a way, to fook it up.

https://media.tenor.com/8Vi4sEdTAPgAAAAd/carom-11cushions.gif

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 04:13 PM
I got a bad feeling about this one.

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 04:24 PM
Going to be a big crowd for this one - Liberty Village is packed

Good weather

Kamp Berg
06-10-2023, 04:24 PM

On the bright side, it’s a perfect MLS style spoiler for Nashville.

Mr. Inbetween
06-10-2023, 04:29 PM

I think we eke out a win.

Gringo Starr
06-10-2023, 04:44 PM
The weather is nice, the air is okay, Oso will make all the difference, this is me trying to project positivity, good luck guys hope we see a win.

jloome
06-10-2023, 04:58 PM
The weather is nice, the air is okay, Oso will make all the difference, this is me trying to project positivity, good luck guys hope we see a win.

I actually feel better with him playing, like we might have a chance.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 05:47 PM
Oso back. Mabika is king.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1667664830256250881?s=20

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 05:48 PM
Also, unless this is a back three, Richie could be playing CB with Mabika.

jloome
06-10-2023, 05:55 PM
Also, unless this is a back three, Richie could be playing CB with Mabika.

I think he is. Geez, I guess Rosted is being sent a clear message. Get consistent or I'd rather play a fullback there.

Franklin looked a little gassed and overawed last game. Hopefully it's not a mistake sitting him for one.

Oso and Kerr ahead of Kaye is interesting. Do we get overrun, or are we difficult enough to de-possess that it doesn't matter.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 05:59 PM
listed as a 4231 by mlssoccer...osorio and kaye in front of the defense is worrying defensively so hopefully they get lots of help from insigne and bernardeschi

PizzaEatingYeti
06-10-2023, 06:00 PM

The 1st half was weak ass stuff though.
The kind that gridiron football, baseball and hoops fans use as example when they are saying that "soccer is the world's most boring sport", lol.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:05 PM
listed as a 4231 by mlssoccer...osorio and kaye in front of the defense is worrying defensively so hopefully they get lots of help from insigne and bernardeschi

Osorio was great playing in a double pivot with Delgado. I would say Marky was the better player than Kaye is currently, but MAK will have a chip on his shoulder after being left out of the CMNT for the Nation's League.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:06 PM
Both Shaff and Lukas start for Nashville.

jloome
06-10-2023, 06:26 PM
Osorio was great playing in a double pivot with Delgado. I would say Marky was the better player than Kaye is currently, but MAK will have a chip on his shoulder after being left out of the CMNT for the Nation's League.

Maybe Fede is in the hole again? Kerr on the right?

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 06:26 PM
It's a game...
at home

with 25 k or so

We shall see but there are worse places to be

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:34 PM
Maybe Fede is in the hole again? Kerr on the right?

Apple has him as the 10.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:35 PM
Alright, let's get a win.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:38 PM
Kind of a classic MAK start.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 06:39 PM
3 minutes in and kaye has already lost two balls

Amir.
06-10-2023, 06:42 PM
stop forcing passes out the back when its not there

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:48 PM
Bernie is definitely more an inside player these days.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 06:58 PM
Very good spell here.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:02 PM
Poor Lukas. Sucks seeing someone so handsome get hurt.

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 07:08 PM
Richie looking like he wants to prove something against Shaff.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:11 PM
Bernie should of been the one to take that free kick. That angle was set up perfectly for a left footer.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:13 PM
Insigne!!!!!!

FiveThreeTwo
06-10-2023, 07:13 PM
Tirrrrraggirrooo

He did the thing!

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 07:14 PM
This is a strange league. We were full value for that goal.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 07:14 PM
Super strike insigne and the three italians hug what a sight

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:17 PM
Need another one. Nashville has Picault and Leal waiting on the bench.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 07:20 PM
kaye does it again...loses it in his half then fouls five seconds later for a freekick 30 yards out

Oldtimer
06-10-2023, 07:23 PM
Very static play saved by individual Insigne brilliance.

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 07:25 PM
Very static play saved by individual Insigne brilliance.
You think so? I thought we did a good job breaking the lines and making to the final third. Those last few passes in the final third have typically been garbage though.

jloome
06-10-2023, 07:29 PM
You think so? I thought we did a good job breaking the lines and making to the final third. Those last few passes in the final third have typically been garbage though.

Yeah, they had a goal-saving block on Petretta and a couple of the balls in front should have been the second as well. Kaye doing a good job picking up Mukhtar early and taking him out of the passage of play. But I'd expect Gary Smith to adjust, he's a smart manager.

benito
06-10-2023, 07:34 PM
If we had a few more brilliant goals like that this season, the team would be much higher up in the standings.

stevep
06-10-2023, 07:38 PM
Bernie is the new Jefferson Soltedlo

FootBallAZ
06-10-2023, 07:42 PM
Stadium looks empty

FootBallAZ
06-10-2023, 07:43 PM
If we had a few more brilliant goals like that this season, the team would be much higher up in the standings.

They had many of them last season and it masked how bad the offense really was this year you see what the offense is.

jloome
06-10-2023, 07:46 PM
Wow, that was a great switch from Franklin on the corner pressure. That looked practised.

FootBallAZ
06-10-2023, 07:47 PM
Fantastic recovery tackle by franklin

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:49 PM
Petretta's best game so far.

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 07:50 PM
Until you see Sspong live, you really don't know how much work he does

jloome
06-10-2023, 07:50 PM
Sapong's legs look gone. He should come off.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 07:52 PM
here we go...leal and picault in...shaffelburg who didnt do enough is out

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 07:54 PM
How does Bob counter Picault and Leal? This is where the game will be won, lost or drawn.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:00 PM
How does Bob counter Picault and Leal? This is where the game will be won, lost or drawn.

Bob's counter is to just let it ride.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 08:01 PM
bunbury hits the post...send in o'neill or rosted stop be inactive mr bradley...rutty in for kerr

jloome
06-10-2023, 08:02 PM
Boy.... Taylor Twellman sure does spout some first-class generic bullshit, doesn't he?

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:03 PM
Oh, no....

jloome
Oh shit. That's not good.

MikeForbes
Sean Johnson with a blunder that would make Alex Bono blush.

ag futbol
Jesus, he bono’d it.

Mabika with another goal line clearance. Talk about an absolute steal of a find

Amir.
06-10-2023, 08:04 PM
and theres the goal...leal strikes right on johnson who blunders and lets it in

Oldtimer
06-10-2023, 08:04 PM
That was so TFC.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:05 PM
Jesus, he bono’d it.

Mabika with another goal line clearance. Talk about an absolute steal of a find

I was halfway through typing out how Mabika was the GOAT.

jloome
06-10-2023, 08:05 PM
I feel like there's a cowboy poet ballad in this. "And the ghost of Alex Bono/was on the field that night." ba-da-bum ba-da-bum-de

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 08:06 PM
I was halfway through typing out how Mabika was the GOAT.
We will revisit this later :)

ensco
06-10-2023, 08:08 PM
Is that the biggest gaffe in TFC GK history? I cannot think of anything that bad….

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:13 PM
Dear Bob, you have 5 subs. Maybe use a couple when you are being completely overrun by the opposing team who has used 4 already.

Slick
06-10-2023, 08:13 PM
We're getting out classed at home. Make a fucking change Bob

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:14 PM
Kaye looks super pissed to be coming off.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 08:14 PM
get akinola rosted oneill servania in there goddamn...send laryea at rb to help get the winner come on

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:15 PM
We're getting out classed at home. Make a fucking change Bob

We are playing an excellent road game at home.

ag futbol
06-10-2023, 08:17 PM
Gary Smith is not exactly Pep but he makes simple, called for changes throughout the course of the game.

Bob seems incapable of the same

FiveThreeTwo
06-10-2023, 08:19 PM
bobs defending not to lose vs attacking not to tie and it’s annoying af.

get Richie out of the back and let him get runs into the box ffs

Slick
06-10-2023, 08:19 PM
We have no creativity up front. Absolutely none. We're just baking on individual brilliance. How does Bob still have a job is beyond me.

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:20 PM
Kobe has been great tonight.

FiveThreeTwo
06-10-2023, 08:23 PM
At least from my view, I thought we started out great - roaming bernadeschi created a lot of lop sided pull around the park with insigne and we were able to get a lot of good balls into the box with some decent numbers in there to finish - just nobody could get a foot on the ball.

that and SJ’s howler gave Nashville a bump of confidence we didn’t need them to get lol

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:23 PM
Where is the guy we gave a u-22 contract to after an ACL surgery?

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:27 PM
These draws are just prolonging Bob's reign.

Amir.
06-10-2023, 08:27 PM
point at home...not good enough...had to get a win with all the chances in the first

FiveThreeTwo
06-10-2023, 08:30 PM
You can just see Insigne is getting sick of 1-2 boneheaded plays a game from someone on the starting 11 that are enough in the game of margins to keep us from getting more points. Looked a little annoyed at the end there we were only walking away with a point lol - rightly so maybe cause he’s finally looking like his pace and form and energy are coming back

Richard
Death by a thousand draws.

Auzzy
Holy shit man. 3 out of 5 available subs. Lots of chances missed in the first half. Many guys gassed and/or unmotivated second half, and zero ideas from Bob or anyone. DPs bouncing free kicks off the wall etc. So little belief towards the end. Insigne and others often slowing down the play until Nashville has regained the perfect defensive posture. Argh!!!

Ultra & Proud
06-10-2023, 08:31 PM
Is that the biggest gaffe in TFC GK history? I cannot think of anything that bad….

Bono @ Miami

jloome
06-10-2023, 08:32 PM
Fede was pretty selfish all night, trying to do too much, not making the smart, quick passes.

He just wants to be the hero too much and it repeatedly cost us around the box.

Johnson's error was atrocious, one of the worst a TFC goalie has ever made.

Another good start, another bad finish.

Tonight, he should've taken out Fede around min 75 when he stopped getting back into the play quickly. Insigne was guilty of that a little at the end as well, the frustration obvious.

I thought the rest of the team generally played well. We created enough chances to win it in the first half.

I will say, as hard as he works I don't think Sapong has any quickness left, so getting a solid foot on stuff in the box is proving hard for him. We really, really, really need a starting striker.

FiveThreeTwo
06-10-2023, 08:33 PM
Hopefully Mabika keeps building confidence and keeps playing this way - him and hedges holding this form would be a nice surprise, he’s definitely been playing higher than his 300k garber bucks fee cost us.

based on that tsn interview, seems a pretty calm and well spoken presence too

Richard
06-10-2023, 08:33 PM
Nvm.

SoccMan2
06-10-2023, 08:34 PM
Taylor Twellman didn’t hold back on apart from Insigne’s goal that he and Bernadeschi have to do a lot better , could not believe how many times Insigne and especially Bernadeschi gave up the ball . Totally agree especially Bernadeschi, even on the Nashville goal a big blunder by Johnson but it was Bernadeschi who gave up possession to Nashville in a critical area .

Amir.
06-10-2023, 08:39 PM
no clue how petretta sat on the bench so much...has to be starting...his off the ball movement is a step above...first half it ended up with him getting a ball in front of goal...the combos with insigne bernardeschi are pretty good

MikeForbes
06-10-2023, 08:40 PM
Three straight games our lone u-22 player hasn't played. Ayo should actually start giving half his salary to Pozuelo at this point.

OgtheDim
06-10-2023, 08:43 PM
In the stadium - we were the better team - until their goal sequence.

After that, we were about even.

Oso is sooo good

Bernadeschi though.... so many needless give aways.

ronzilla
06-10-2023, 08:45 PM
Tie-rontoFC.

Will never move up the table at this rate.

BB needs to go. So sick of him.

JoesphNdo
06-10-2023, 10:03 PM
These draws are so brutal, it's doing just enough to keep a completely dead management team running the show while not doing enough to actually get us into a good position

rydermike
06-10-2023, 10:06 PM
Worst was probably the Alex Bono one where he kicked it off the opponent and into the net (which should have been a goal, despite the ref incorrectly calling it back) I still consider that to be the worst even though it didn't count because it should've. At least this was a shot that should've been saved that play by Bono was worse than an Own goal.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/no-goal-jesus-medina-nycfc-71st-minute

JoesphNdo
06-10-2023, 10:11 PM
I remember an Alex bono one I want to say away to San Jose that was worse, shot right at him and he just misjudged it so much he somehow didn't even touch it. We somehow lost while against 9 men as a result, too

Ultra & Proud
06-10-2023, 10:29 PM
In the stadium - we were the better team - until their goal sequence.

Maybe for 50 minutes tops. We were poor mostly the whole second half. One team adjusted and the other doesn't have to apparently. And Osorio was invisible at best. Nothing good or bad came from him other than reaming out Bernardeschi. That was his high point.

SirBobSaget
06-10-2023, 10:36 PM
I remember an Alex bono one I want to say away to San Jose that was worse, shot right at him and he just misjudged it so much he somehow didn't even touch it. We somehow lost while against 9 men as a result, too

I will always remember that one, SJ had 2 red cards on Endoh. Was in the hospital recovering from appendix surgery. Stayed up into the late hours watching this, was not a good night for me.

SirBobSaget
06-10-2023, 10:39 PM
Maybe for 50 minutes tops. We were poor mostly the whole second half. One team adjusted and the other doesn't have to apparently. And Osorio was invisible at best. Nothing good or bad came from him other than reaming out Bernardeschi. That was his high point.

Isnt that the pattern for thi season? TFC have decent first haves even first 80s but then are a complete mess in late games. Have they held on to a lead at all this year? Its like Bradley doesnt know how to make defensive adjustments

boozilla
06-10-2023, 10:45 PM
Butterfingers goalkeeping. Whatever. Hadn't been to a game in a while till tonight. What happened to the south stands? 6 flags in the old inibriati section, that was it.

Prof
06-10-2023, 11:12 PM
Both Shaff and Lukas start for Nashville.

And Lovitz also. Three former TFC players. Shaff had a big turnout of family come out. He came over to the east stands after the game to greet everyone.

Prof
06-10-2023, 11:14 PM
Not sure which game you were watching but Osorio had a great match. Much needed skilled player not afraid to pass the ball to someone other than Berna and Insigne.

los sonadores
06-11-2023, 03:26 AM
We should have won that one. First 30 mins or so, most of the play was in their half. Muktar was hardly on the ball the entire match. First Nashville shot on target in the 65th minute. They showed very little, I thought, overall.

The ‘tendencies’ are: no adjustments from us, next to no subs, relatively tired legs, we give up goals in the last 30 mins or less. We need a little more help from our coach. And we still need a striker who is capable of scoring.

It was good to see Osorio back. Man, he really is Bradley’s workhorse… not unlike the beginning of the season when he was playing 90 after missing training camp. At least he was playing in the midfield this time.

At some point as things wore on I thought: it’s a good thing we have a good keeper now because we’re going to need him… at least we know (we hope) the blunders are few and far between. Bono had become so chronically bad that he effected much more than his ‘own’ play - general confidence, etc. But again another draw that should have been a win.

Twellman was talking about how quiet the atmosphere was, the most subdued he’d seen. Question for someone who was there: Did it feel like that in the stadium?

Ultra & Proud
06-11-2023, 07:22 AM
Twellman was talking about how quiet the atmosphere was, the most subdued he’d seen. Question for someone who was there: Did it feel like that in the stadium?

It's kind of felt like that all year so far.

rocktml
06-11-2023, 07:33 AM
Osorio is on another level. No wonder kaye didn’t get the call up to Canada. Just absolutely awful the last couple games.

Gringo Starr
06-11-2023, 07:52 AM
It's kind of felt like that all year so far.

The stadium felt a bit busier to me yesterday but then watching the highlights this morning the stands looked somewhat empty. The drummers in 114 drone on for the full 90 so that’s pretty much what i hear game in game out, but yeah from the highlights BMO seemed rather lifeless

OgtheDim
06-11-2023, 07:55 AM
Butterfingers goalkeeping. Whatever. Hadn't been to a game in a while till tonight. What happened to the south stands? 6 flags in the old inibriati section, that was it.

They lost a few family members about a month ago due to those Montreal fights.

OgtheDim
06-11-2023, 08:00 AM

Hard to tell for me because I'm in 116 so it always sounds engaged. As others have mentionned, the Ineb V.2 people are pissed off right now & not as vocal as they have been but the rest are still bringing it.

As for the rest of the stadium - there's a lot of people there in every section. They made the West sway a few weeks ago - noticable on TV during the one match. But loud?

Gringo Starr
06-11-2023, 08:16 AM
I think the 114 issues started earlier in the season when Eli left the Capo stand, I haven’t noticed much difference after the Kaye incident. It used to be sing for 90 in the section its now drum for 90 with the banda mid stand.

ManUtd4ever
06-11-2023, 08:31 AM
We deserved a better fate last night. It's tough to be critical of Johnson considering his stellar play overall this season, but that was all on him.

ag futbol
06-11-2023, 08:36 AM
I know we need something positive to say here, so this will be my post game Mabika idol worship post. 3 goal-line clearances in 2 games? Chasing guys down with pace and covering all over the field?

Also impressed that we kept it together without Hedges in the lineup. Whenever we did that in the past, with O’Neil, MacNaughton, or anyone else, it was an instant tire-fire.

By the looks of it, we have a legit CB starter here who could be around for a decade. Please extend his contract now.

Kamp Berg
06-11-2023, 09:48 AM
I know we need something positive to say here, so this will be my post game Mabika idol worship post. 3 goal-line clearances in 2 games? Chasing guys down with pace and covering all over the field?

Also impressed that we kept it together without Hedges in the lineup. Whenever we did that in the past, with O’Neil, MacNaughton, or anyone else, it was an instant tire-fire.

By the looks of it, we have a legit CB starter here who could be around for a decade. Please extend his contract now.

The unfortunate flip side to Mabika’s success, is that it appears Rosted is another failed signing of Bob’s that has regressed as the seasons progressed and is eating up a large chunk of roster space.

los sonadores
06-11-2023, 12:52 PM

Mabika has been impressive. And I agree - no one has been talking about the back four but we’ve been good without Hedges for the first time. Layrea and a kid who was pretty much unknown and has arrived recently and then Franklin who seems to be a real talent. Only Petretta was expected to be in there (and he played well too, I thought).

I don’t miss Macnaughton at all and O’Neil has been middling to poor since he arrived.

All the most recent signings and call ups have been unusually good. That hasn’t been the issue at all. I don’t know, replace the Italians with Vela and Rossi and are we near the top of the table?

Oldtimer
06-11-2023, 08:23 PM
I think the 114 issues started earlier in the season when Eli left the Capo stand, I haven’t noticed much difference after the Kaye incident. It used to be sing for 90 in the section its now drum for 90 with the banda mid stand.

They mindlessly drum during the player starting XI announcements. So annoying.
Section 112 looked like mostly tourists, no energy.
113 had a little life, but not much.

Basically there's not much of a Supporters Section left after years of mismanagement. So sad, we were once the best in MLS.

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2023, 05:26 AM
Yeah. Stadium is only peppered with people. Needed the 3 goal scorer to score his 4th of the season to win that one.

Yuushalinsky
06-12-2023, 06:32 AM
We've bungled at least 15 points away this season, I reckon. Starting to get real frustrating...

SenorDingDong
06-12-2023, 08:46 AM
We've bungled at least 15 points away this season, I reckon. Starting to get real frustrating...

If we score 2 goals and only 2 goals a game are record would be amazing.

But we score 0-1 goals a game, and concede 0-1 goals a game so its endless draws.

To me this season is probably toast.

Unless we get a really great striker and midfielder in July and make a late dash, but even then it will be extremely hard.

Yuushalinsky
06-12-2023, 09:05 AM
If we score 2 goals and only 2 goals a game are record would be amazing.

But we score 0-1 goals a game, and concede 0-1 goals a game so its endless draws.

Unless we get a really great striker and midfielder in July and make a late dash, but even then it will be extremely hard.

It's the fucking worst. Our defense is shored up and now our offense is bottom third?

OgtheDim
06-12-2023, 09:43 AM
Yeah. Stadium is only peppered with people. ..

Attendance apparently a tad over 27K
87% sold

I know not everybody shows up but I remember what it was like back when the top East side came in & most of that was empty - its not anymore.

Now was the 7 year old beside me as loud as the people who were there in 2007? No

Was it loud when Insigne scored or when chances happened? Felt loud from my seat in 116 .....but I don't have the institutional history others on here have.

ag futbol
06-12-2023, 09:47 AM
It’s almost like the team has some talent but needs new leadership or something…

Fort York Redcoat
06-12-2023, 10:40 AM
Attendance apparently a tad over 27K
87% sold

I know not everybody shows up but I remember what it was like back when the top East side came in & most of that was empty - its not anymore.

Now was the 7 year old beside me as loud as the people who were there in 2007? No

Was it loud when Insigne scored or when chances happened? Felt loud from my seat in 116 .....but I don't have the institutional history others on here have.

I'm not gonna poo poo anybody enjoying their experience. I'm just noting what it looked like on my AppleTV.

...and your institutional history is glorious. Don't let anyone tell you different.

ronzilla
06-12-2023, 11:55 AM
It’s almost like the team has some talent but needs new leadership or something…

The main two reasons why this team is struggling is because of an inept manager and an absent striker.

Ultra & Proud
06-12-2023, 12:03 PM
The main two reasons why this team is struggling is because of an inept manager and an absent striker.
I think a good manager could have gotten us more with the low quality strikers we currently have. I'm not sold a world class CF would do much under Bob.

ag futbol
06-12-2023, 12:24 PM
I think a good manager could have gotten us more with the low quality strikers we currently have. I'm not sold a world class CF would do much under Bob.
As much as they are backup quality (Sapong) to bad (everyone else)I find all said and done we give our strikers a shocking lack of service. Would it kill our guys to serve the odd ball into the box? Does Bob not recognize how ridiculous the way we play is at times?

Mr. Inbetween
06-12-2023, 12:29 PM
Thought it was busy and loud-enough at the match. I think in the second half the crowd started thinning out; especially after Nashville's tying goal. Crazy getting to the match though. Took us over an hour and half; usually just half to three quarters of an hour. Just missed the start. Seems Dermont Kennedy was also starting at the same time at the Ontario Place Budweiser Stage.

Ultra & Proud
06-12-2023, 12:30 PM
As much as they are backup quality (Sapong) to bad (everyone else)I find all said and done we give our strikers a shocking lack of service. Would it kill our guys to serve the odd ball into the box? Does Bob not recognize how ridiculous the way we play is at times?
Doing everything as slow as possible doesn't help that.

I don't think they track this but I bet we lead the league in having shots/crosses blocked in the box. So many per match that it starts to get sadly funny after the anger wears off.

JonO
06-12-2023, 01:04 PM

Especially because this season is so front loaded. Thanks, Leagues Cup.

By the time the transfer window opens, we will only have 12 regular seasons games to play. So unless we can get some results before then we are in a bit of trouble.

Edit: Yeah so I didn’t realize we are somehow only 3 or 4 spots out of the play-in spot so I guess anything is possible

Ultra & Proud
06-12-2023, 01:33 PM
Edit: Yeah so I didn’t realize we are somehow only 3 or 4 spots out of the play-in spot so I guess anything is possible

It's mindboggling that a team with 3 wins after the halfway mark of the season is still one win from a playoff spot.

JoesphNdo
06-12-2023, 01:37 PM
It's mindboggling that a team with 3 wins after the halfway mark of the season is still one win from a playoff spot.

The new play off structure is why this season is not a write off. Even with Bradley still here and even if we don't sign anyone this summer, this is a play off team, and I fully expect us to make it in.

Ultra & Proud
06-12-2023, 01:48 PM
The new play off structure is why this season is not a write off. Even with Bradley still here and even if we don't sign anyone this summer, this is a play off team, and I fully expect us to make it in.
I don't think we will be because we will continue doing what we've been doing and our schedule is tough down the stretch but I think we'll be "in striking distance" to almost the very end of the season.

At that point the "collapse" will be a shock to Bob & Bill but pretty much nobody else because we've been watching this disaster all season and are expecting it.

Then Bob & Bill blame injuries in the first half for the failure.

ag futbol
06-12-2023, 02:00 PM
I agree, based on the math it’s not a write off. Of the last three teams in the playoff spots in the East:

7th Orlando - 7 points ahead and 2 games in hand
8th DC - 4 points ahead and no games in hand
9th Mtl - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand
(Also noting of the teams battling for a spot currently outside of the playoffs Cha is 3 points ahead of us and RBNY who is tied on points has a game in hand)

So basically, only the last 2 playoff spots are within close reach. We know based on the strength of schedule stuff from Twitter TFC’s does not have an easy road from here on out. The teams outside of the playoff picture right now feel mostly mediocre so from that perspective it’s doable.

My guess is we wake up one morning after the schedule balances out and suddenly TFC is 6 points back instead of 3. One week later it will be 9 and the season will essentially be over.

Could this team make the playoffs? Yeah. Will it make the playoffs with Bradley as coach? No. Reminds me a lot the year Beckham and the galaxy were chasing the final place in the west.

FootBallAZ
06-12-2023, 02:06 PM
didnt go- glad i was able to sell tickets for $70/each.

Same game different day- cant score within offense - individual brilliant performance again(had at least 10+ last season-wonder if they are being coached not to perform the way FB/LI/Criscito - LOL)

Had to feel like a loss after holding the lead no doubt about it.

friendly reminder- 3 wins in 24 or 25 games now i lost track. out of possibly 72 points- TFC has 9 Points in Wins+ draws.

HOW

Smokecell
06-12-2023, 02:11 PM
I thought Osorio had his best game of the season. That said, Bob did him no favours by keeping him on the field for 90. He was clearly not ready for that and it's plain to see that our lack of subs is contributing to our problems.

OgtheDim
06-12-2023, 02:18 PM
I thought Osorio had his best game of the season. That said, Bob did him no favours by keeping him on the field for 90. He was clearly not ready for that and it's plain to see that our lack of subs is contributing to our problems.

I was expecting a sub but MAK off was a better choice.

We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....lets just hope nobody else gets injured.

Ultra & Proud
06-12-2023, 02:31 PM
We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....lets just hope nobody else gets injured.

Time to ramp up those 7 v 7's.

andyc
06-12-2023, 03:31 PM
Osorio has a big game on Thursday but I'm sure Bob doesn't care...

Prof
06-12-2023, 07:47 PM
The unfortunate flip side to Mabika’s success, is that it appears Rosted is another failed signing of Bob’s that has regressed as the seasons progressed and is eating up a large chunk of roster space.

We need to go to a 3-5-2
Johnson
Laryea Hedges Mabika
Franklin Osorio Kaye Insigne Pettreta
Bernadeschi Sappong

Red CB Toronto
06-12-2023, 09:48 PM
We need to go to a 3-5-2
Johnson
Laryea Hedges Mabika
Franklin Osorio Kaye Insigne Pettreta
Bernadeschi Sappong

Likely will not have SJ for the next six game, Thomas Romero for at least 4.

rydermike
06-13-2023, 05:27 AM
Likely will not have SJ for the next six game, Thomas Romero for at least 4.
Romero will be gone too with El Salvador. It'll be Ranjitsingh

los sonadores
06-13-2023, 08:26 AM

We have a bye week - no game until a week Wednesday so recovery can happen.....let’s hat just hope nobody else gets injured.

That’s true about the bye week. I was not happy with the lack of subs but there are so few on the bench that weren’t defenders or strikers that don’t score… it wasn’t clear who should come on. Richie to wing back but Rosted has not been good without Hedges and ONeal the same. In the end we had a back three with Richie, Mabika and Petretta.

los sonadores
06-13-2023, 08:42 AM
I agree, based on the math it’s not a write off. Of the last three teams in the playoff spots in the East:

7th Orlando - 7 points ahead and 2 games in hand
8th DC - 4 points ahead and no games in hand
9th Mtl - 3 points ahead and 1 game in hand
(Also noting of the teams battling for a spot currently outside of the playoffs Cha is 3 points ahead of us and RBNY who is tied on points has a game in hand)

So basically, only the last 2 playoff spots are within close reach. We know based on the strength of schedule stuff from Twitter TFC’s does not have an easy road from here on out. The teams outside of the playoff picture right now feel mostly mediocre so from that perspective it’s doable.

My guess is we wake up one morning after the schedule balances out and suddenly TFC is 6 points back instead of 3. One week later it will be 9 and the season will essentially be over.

Could this team make the playoffs? Yeah. Will it make the playoffs with Bradley as coach? No. Reminds me a lot the year Beckham and the galaxy were chasing the final place in the west.

I think it could go either way. We’ve had that ‘within striking distance but then 6, then 9 behind’ feeling before. Losing both our keepers and Osorio is not going to help. Let’s hope Gavran is magically very good but it sounds like he’ll have to win the gig from Rajitsingh. And the difficulty of the remaining schedule doesn’t augur well either.

Given the season so far it would be difficult to expect a first round playoff win if we do get it together and make it in.

ag futbol
06-13-2023, 08:50 AM
I think it could go either way. We’ve had that ‘within striking distance but then 6, then 9 behind’ feeling before. Losing both our keepers and Osorio is not going to help. Let’s hope Gavran is magically very good but it sounds like he’ll have to win the gig from Rajitsingh. And the difficulty of the remaining schedule doesn’t augur well either.

Given the season so far it would be difficult to expect a first round playoff win if we do get it together and make it in.
I’ll stand by my earlier statement: they are idiots for signing only Romero as a quality backup knowing what could have unfolded this international window.

CorrwgBach
06-13-2023, 09:22 AM
Not sure if folks have been keeping up with playoff changes, but its been tweaked for this year. again

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-announces-new-playoff-format-for-2023-season

If we were to get to 8th and Miami were 9th then we have a home game. That's probably not going to happen mostly us getting to 8th.

Anyway 8 v 9 is wild card single elimination game, followed by 1 round of a best of 3 series top vs 8 or 9. In that case there would be at least one home match again.

Then its back to single elimination for the conference semi-finals on.

Anyway grimly its not hard to see an heroic failure in the best of 3 being enough for us to just do this all again next year. Urgh!

ensco
06-13-2023, 09:23 AM
How is the idea that “making the playoffs” is somehow OK? Who seriously thinks we could do anything in the playoffs?

We would need to win away at Philly and Cincinnati, or similar… just to get to the conference final. We would get SMOKED in the playoffs.

The problem is that we are not a good team. “Making the playoffs” won’t fix that.

In fact, unless you want 3 more years of watching the Bob version of TFC, you don’t want this at all.

JoesphNdo
06-13-2023, 09:26 AM
Not sure if folks have been keeping up with playoff changes, but its been tweaked for this year. again

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/mls-announces-new-playoff-format-for-2023-season

If we were to get to 8th and Miami were 9th then we have a home game. That's probably not going to happen mostly us getting to 8th.

Anyway 8 v 9 is wild card single elimination game, followed by 1 round of a best of 3 series top vs 8 or 9. In that case there would be at least one home match again.

Then its back to single elimination for the conference semi-finals on.

Anyway grimly its not hard to see an heroic failure in the best of 3 being enough for us to just do this all again next year. Urgh!

I genuinely hate everything about this

But the absurd system of nearly 2/3s of the teams making the play offs continue to make this season not a write off for us. I just wish we could either 1) start winning some fucking games and looking like a team that can do something or one that comes close to justifying its price tag or 2) lose enough to clear out the rot so we can regroup and push under new management

We are really, really unlikely to be out of play off contention until the very end even if we are one of the worst teams in MLS. And making a play off that 2/3s of teams make is not any kind of achievement. I absolutely expect us to make it there, it's table stakes, and it means nothing. We need to make it there as a team that looks like it can go deep and compete with anyone, and event that is really the absolute bare minimum return on our spend

los sonadores
06-13-2023, 09:33 AM
I’ll stand by my earlier statement: they are idiots for signing only Romero as a quality backup knowing what could have unfolded this international window.

I don’t like the idea of not having a GM and instead a combined coach/sporting director. Especially if it’s a new role for the coach who becomes sporting director. It’s too much responsibly for one person.

And that doesn’t really work for firings and quick turnover. It’s fine to say we don’t need a GM or sporting director for a time but i’m not sure that will function well as a regular way of working. So we’ve got to choose only from guys that are going to take both roles (that, I think would alone rule out Tata here) or who will agree to work without a GM/sporting director. If someone agrees to that 2nd option, you have to question their competency.

ag futbol
06-13-2023, 10:26 AM
How is the idea that “making the playoffs” is somehow OK? Who seriously thinks we could do anything in the playoffs?

We would need to win away at Philly and Cincinnati, or similar… just to get to the conference final. We would get SMOKED in the playoffs.

The problem is that we are not a good team. “Making the playoffs” won’t fix that.

In fact, unless you want 3 more years of watching the Bob version of TFC, you don’t want this at all.
I realize this is probably a preaching to the choir type statement but I think everyone here would agree with you. It’s just that in MLSE’s warped version of reality playoffs is probably the bar they measure Bob by (as sad as that is) which is why it’s getting discussed here at length.

ensco
06-13-2023, 12:51 PM
I realize this is probably a preaching to the choir type statement but I think everyone here would agree with you. It’s just that in MLSE’s warped version of reality playoffs is probably the bar they measure Bob by (as sad as that is) which is why it’s getting discussed here at length.

Listen I get it. How can you not want your team to win? I am also saying something that doesn't totally make sense.

Thanks MLSE for breaking all of us, no matter what side of this we are on.

Ultra & Proud
06-13-2023, 01:08 PM
Thanks MLSE for breaking all of us, no matter what side of this we are on.

There are no sides. Only suffering & impending doom for us all.

Mr. Inbetween
06-13-2023, 01:49 PM
Feels like it getting all Oppenheimer after Gadget's drop in here; people laughing, people crying, people silent about this BB experiment. Alright, let's turn these frowns upside-down... Why is Cinderrella so bad at football?

Ultra & Proud
06-13-2023, 02:30 PM
Why is Cinderrella so bad at football?

Because she was following Bob's tactical plan?

Gringo Starr
06-13-2023, 03:16 PM

LOL i came here to cheer up after another crap day at work, hoping for new coach or transfer rumour but impending doom seems about right

Mr. Inbetween
06-13-2023, 04:20 PM
Because she was following Bob's tactical plan?

Close! Because she has a pumpkin for a coach! :rofl: ...:puke:

Richard
06-13-2023, 06:02 PM

Meh. I honestly care less and less about this league.

No balanced schedule
Supporters shield becoming worthless
60% of teams make playoffs
Best of three playoffs????!
All night games??
Garbage refereeing, borderline match fixing
Nonsensical financial rules, GAM/TAM/DP/SPAM/YOUNGDP

But horary we get to watch Messi!

This league takes a lot of work to get into, and I'm not sure its worth it, other than just watching TFC which is becoming unbearable with Bob crap football.

ag futbol
06-13-2023, 06:20 PM

No balanced schedule
All night games??

This league takes a lot of work to get into, and I'm not sure it’s worth it, other than just watching TFC which is becoming unbearable with Bob crap football.
They really need to stop living in the dark ages and provide proper disclosures about trades, player contracts, and transfer fees like pretty well every other North American league does.

Slick
06-13-2023, 06:27 PM
Even if we do land a home playoff game in this joke of a season, I'm not purchasing any extra seats.

I'm also contemplating not renewing my season seats for next year. I've been there from day 1, and for some odd reason, this season feels a lot worse than the brutal stretch in 2010 to 2013. I can't stomach the shit that I'm watching week over week anymore.

los sonadores
06-13-2023, 06:40 PM

No balanced schedule
All night games??

This league takes a lot of work to get into, and I'm not sure its worth it, other than just watching TFC which is becoming unbearable with Bob crap football.

I think all this is quite true. At the same time, watching this team has always been about “just watching TFC” for me. That seems part of football. But I lived in England for a while and, you know, if you live near Swindon, let’s say, you support Swindon no matter what the football is like.

That was the spirit for a long time with Toronto. But I find it weirdly difficult to go back to the bad years after the success and with the (relatively) huge budget. In terms of the league and the actual football it’s so much better quality than it was. It’s a strange league but that’s North American football.

FiveThreeTwo
06-13-2023, 08:25 PM
Yeah I gotta agree with most the folks in here in my view.

A good healthy club with a deft prez/chairman and manager/technical manager don’t just look at annual league milestones as the mark of progress - they grade the process and quality in which how it’s being done, and whether what they are building is sustainable and not just short term to hit annual bonuses and save their jobs. That’s what they should be grading the management on. But this is corporate MLSE we’re talking bout here lol.

cool beans, we jam into the playoffs scraping ties and showing minimal growth in the final 3rd without ever showing simple relaxed, sustainable, controlled play; and rely on random insigne tirragiro’s, berna pens, set piece goals or Richie runs. None our current setup tactically apart from reduced goals against - shows tactical evolution and progress towards sustainability high level of playing and culture. I look at Philadelphia who took years of being shite and Curtin building fundamentals with his kids and vets - before they built a sustainable culture and organization that could breed good solid football, even if they haven’t win a cup- they are so overdue for that opportunity. Their entire setup and value they are getting out of their roster is second to none, even when they aren’t leading the tables.

MLSE, the suits and manning need to realize this. Their long term fans and SGs aren’t dumbasses who are suckers for a playoff appearance - they want a sustainable method of play and growth that means always being in the mix for every trophy or table - and having system where youth and transfer policy can consistently backfill roster spots. FK squeaking into the playoffs just to get shredded ain’t it.

Ultra & Proud
06-14-2023, 08:40 AM
Even if we do land a home playoff game in this joke of a season, I'm not purchasing any extra seats.

You won't need to worry about that anyway because the playoffs aren't happening unless they expand the field to 24 teams.

And even then I'm not sure.