PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 17 - TFC @ Minnesota - Sat June 3 8:38pm - That's When You Find Out

OgtheDim
05-31-2023, 08:52 PM
That you're better off making sure your souls alright

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmGVAu9lk6I&ab_channel=Prince

Have at It People

Amir.
05-31-2023, 09:30 PM
gotta rotate a bit...get sapong rosted servania back in the eleven...maybe petretta also...minnesota only had seven on the bench tonight...hopefully this isnt the game where reynoso returns to the lineup

jloome
05-31-2023, 11:03 PM
For the love of God, Bob, please take Bernardeschi off the wing, where his style slows transition into the box, and put him at striker, where if he beats the first man he has a clear chance every time.

Right now, it's the same schtick continually: he beats one or two guys or is stripped. If he beats them, he cuts outside on his left foot and shoots for corners.

One of the reasons we were better against DC is they were continually forced to clear danger from the box, leading to lots of secondary attempts, which unbalanced and wore down their defense for when a good opening arrived.

But tonight, we were back to the Italians looking to thread the needle. In the first half, when they were just hitting the danger spots, it was far more effective. In the second, it was the old schtick of working it around the top corners of the box again.

When they don't do this, when they just pump balls in from wide, high, low, whatever .. AS LONG AS WE HAVE MEN IN THE BOX, it's more dangerous than the "play from dangerous positions" shtick.

But here's the thing: when Kerr played wide, we did everything on first opportunity, to attack the goal. If he beat a guy on the run, it wasn't by facing him up, it was by running from the middle zone to the offensive zone, or at least between the lines, and then just getting a ball into a packed box.

Yeah, it's not elegant. But here's the other thing: Bernardeschi is really good at close space and getting a touch into open space. He can also turn a player from facing off him, which is dangerous as hell at the top of the box. And, as he's getting older, or at best probably isn't as quick as when he was 22, having him closer to goal just makes sense from a speed-of-play perspective.

It has to be better than what we had against Chicago.

Ultra & Proud
06-01-2023, 10:24 AM
This match has boredom written all over it.

Not sure booze can salvage this one. Looks like an edibles evening.

jloome
06-01-2023, 04:48 PM
This match has boredom written all over it.

Not sure booze can salvage this one. Looks like an edibles evening.

Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours. And at the time, I was a prodigious consumer who once smoked a genuine Antiguan Rastafarian under the table.

I know I mowed the lawn. I know it took most of the three hours, despite being a small lawn. Other segments of the day are jumbled but generally lost until I passed out on the living room floor, where my wife found me, snoring loudly. She thought it was hee-larious.

SenorDingDong
06-01-2023, 05:22 PM
For the love of God, Bob, please take Bernardeschi off the wing, where his style slows transition into the box, and put him at striker, where if he beats the first man he has a clear chance every time.

Right now, it's the same schtick continually: he beats one or two guys or is stripped. If he beats them, he cuts outside on his left foot and shoots for corners.

One of the reasons we were better against DC is they were continually forced to clear danger from the box, leading to lots of secondary attempts, which unbalanced and wore down their defense for when a good opening arrived.

But tonight, we were back to the Italians looking to thread the needle. In the first half, when they were just hitting the danger spots, it was far more effective. In the second, it was the old schtick of working it around the top corners of the box again.

When they don't do this, when they just pump balls in from wide, high, low, whatever .. AS LONG AS WE HAVE MEN IN THE BOX, it's more dangerous than the "play from dangerous positions" shtick.

But here's the thing: when Kerr played wide, we did everything on first opportunity, to attack the goal. If he beat a guy on the run, it wasn't by facing him up, it was by running from the middle zone to the offensive zone, or at least between the lines, and then just getting a ball into a packed box.

Yeah, it's not elegant. But here's the other thing: Bernardeschi is really good at close space and getting a touch into open space. He can also turn a player from facing off him, which is dangerous as hell at the top of the box. And, as he's getting older, or at best probably isn't as quick as when he was 22, having him closer to goal just makes sense from a speed-of-play perspective.

It has to be better than what we had against Chicago.

This 100%. Berna time at right wing needs to be done. Offensively, it's just become so static and our play dies there.

ensco
06-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Doneil not available for the Loons Saturday. Or any other day.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/mls/article/minnesota-united-waives-canadian-international-defender-doneil-henry/

los sonadores
06-02-2023, 10:39 AM
Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours. And at the time, I was a prodigious consumer who once smoked a genuine Antiguan Rastafarian under the table.

I know I mowed the lawn. I know it took most of the three hours, despite being a small lawn. Other segments of the day are jumbled but generally lost until I passed out on the living room floor, where my wife found me, snoring loudly. She thought it was hee-larious.

That is all very funny, including the Antiguan Rastafarian. For Chicago, I used the heavily opioid pain killers given me for recovery from a recent serious fall. If this team doesn’t improve maybe the supporters groups will have to sue over addictions acquired via poor football.

Ultra & Proud
06-02-2023, 11:00 AM
That is all very funny, including the Antiguan Rastafarian. For Chicago, I used the heavily opioid pain killers given me for recovery from a recent serious fall. If this team doesn’t improve maybe the supporters groups will have to sue over addictions acquired via poor football.
Count me in on the class action suit.

Mr. Inbetween
06-02-2023, 11:14 AM
FYI...

https://twitter.com/LukeWileman/status/1664665708490358785

Mr. Inbetween
06-02-2023, 11:17 AM
Also of interest...

https://twitter.com/andygreder/status/1664662636657614850

spe18
06-03-2023, 12:03 AM
I got a notification from the tfc app to catch the match tomorrow vs. "Nashville" for free with Apple TV.

Uh huh

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2023, 06:55 AM
I got a notification from the tfc app to catch the match tomorrow vs. "Nashville" for free with Apple TV.

Uh huh

Goes with what I said in the other thread. It's like they just don't give a shit anymore and are half assing everything because they figure they got our money tied up in auto renewals.

Kamp Berg
06-03-2023, 07:00 AM
It’s game day and I’ll be watching, but it’s honestly getting hard to even bother commenting on this team anymore. There are some positive signs, especially with the younger players, but the rest of the mess is troubling and even worse, so boring.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 07:14 AM
Match Day!!!

IMO, need to keep an eye on/close down/mark Bongo Hlongwane. In the past two years our defensive woes have cost us late draws and losses. This year our a lack of offensive cohesion is costing us expected and needed wins. In all these scenarios, just when you may have thought TFC was crossing the finish line of the match 'in a good way', it ends up feeling or being more like...

https://twitter.com/45Kikin/status/1664673733133336582

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Just don't eat an entire 80mg gummy at once. I did that and then mildly hallucinated for four hours.

Starting to think this match might require stronger edibles. Think I might have to bust open the Albino Penis Envy chocolates I made.

jloome
06-03-2023, 10:25 AM
So Richie Laryea leads the entire of Major League Soccer for entries into the box... and TFC collectively has the fewest touches in the box.

Has a team ever so clearly screamed out for a new tactical direction? We literally have one of the league's best creating more danger in the box than any other team, and we still manage to be poorer in the box than any other team.

Starting to think this match might require stronger edibles. Think I might have to bust open the Albino Penis Envy chocolates I made.

I had to look these up. Say Hi to God or the Lizard People for us, whichever you meet.

Joe Kool
06-03-2023, 10:49 AM
Boring!!! Oh wait, the game didn’t start yet.

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2023, 10:55 AM
I had to look these up. Say Hi to God or the Lizard People for us, whichever you meet.

Planning on watching the match with all of them so I will let you guys know what they think of the situation.

Auzzy
06-03-2023, 11:28 AM
A very good family friend lives in Minneapolis. He and is wife are attending the match tonight. He wondered if I'm travelling down to see TFC, and invited me to stay at their house. I had to explain that even my 15-minute bike ride to BMO Field on Wednesday evening was hardly worth the effort, considering how TFC is playing...

ag futbol
06-03-2023, 12:00 PM
Predictions for today? I’m going to say 1-1 draw, mostly listless football, and a visit from god, haha.

los sonadores
06-03-2023, 12:13 PM
So Richie Laryea leads the entire of Major League Soccer for entries into the box... and TFC collectively has the fewest touches in the box.

Has a team ever so clearly screamed out for a new tactical direction? We literally have one of the league's best creating more danger in the box than any other team, and we still manage to be poorer in the box than any other team.

Yeah and another thing to consider is that Richie has ALWAYS done this for us, either in the box or in the deepest zone to it’s immediate right no matter who the coach was or where we were in the table…

Bobo
06-03-2023, 12:35 PM
Play Richie at center-forward. He has double the goals this season than all of TFC's recognized strikers combined. LOL.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 02:07 PM
Hard to be optimistic these days. 2-0 Minnesota.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 02:49 PM
Beautiful day, can't really complain, good to be alive; glass half full. Having a Swing Out Sister 'Breakout' feeling, so TFC 3, Lollo, Fede, Richie and MUFC 1, Bongo or Jeong.

jloome
06-03-2023, 03:37 PM
Beautiful day, can't really complain, good to be alive; glass half full. Having a Swing Out Sister 'Breakout' feeling, so TFC 3, Lollo, Fede, Richie and MUFC 1, Bongo or Jeong.

Well you're getting me after a dose of Vyvanse so this seems charming. This morning it would've been grounds for strangulation.

noxx98
06-03-2023, 03:40 PM
A beautiful day. Will be at a pub this evening. If they have the TFC game on, I'll take a look. If they don't I'll enjoy a few too many beers and not worry about it.
Either way, COYR

ronzilla
06-03-2023, 04:35 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MdWGp3HQVjU

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 06:12 PM
Well you're getting me after a dose of Vyvanse so this seems charming. This morning it would've been grounds for strangulation.

The good whiz/stuff; better than Adderall. Still, please don’t do any eddies; possible neg-inter-act. I enjoy your posts. :)

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 06:43 PM
Half a bottle of red here.....

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 06:45 PM
Ohhh, Mabika!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1665143221318459392?s=20

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 06:52 PM
Not a bad bench, truth be honest - now if only the offence could actually score some goals.

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:07 PM
Not a bad bench, truth be honest - now if only the offence could actually score some goals.

Reynoso is back. Every time I pick us to get spanked we do well, so I'm going to say 2-0 Minny.

613reppingTFC
06-03-2023, 07:11 PM
Lol Killbane calling him Fernadeschi Bernardeschi twice lol

Valdal
06-03-2023, 07:26 PM
Does anyone have a stream by chance?

Amir.
06-03-2023, 07:26 PM
gotta rotate a bit...get sapong rosted servania back in the eleven...maybe petretta also...minnesota only had seven on the bench tonight...hopefully this isnt the game where reynoso returns to the lineup

Just what was feared...Reynoso is back on the bench

Canary10
06-03-2023, 07:29 PM
Apple has influenced everything about scheduling except the fact games never start at their scheduled time. Can they effing do something about that?!!

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:34 PM
If we can't score goals against a team starting Michael Boxall at central defender, we are even worse than I thought.

ronzilla
06-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Does anyone have a stream by chance?

https://reddit1.sportshub.stream/event/m%D1%96nn%D0%B5s%D0%BEt%D0%B0_utd_t%D0%BEr%D0%BEnt %D0%BE_137180691/

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 07:35 PM
Oh, wow. The Irish guy who does Monday night Raw is calling this match. He is awful at wrestling, hopefully he is better at soccer

portu
06-03-2023, 07:38 PM
I still don’t see any value for paying 20$ for to watch on Apple. Commentators are bad enough that I’d rather turn them off and watch a shit stream. That graphic in the top left for the score is worse than what EA does for FIFA like I don’t get how it’s expensive for such a low effort production. (I only watch TFC and the whip around sometimes)

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:40 PM
We're trying something new, the wings cutting underneath earlier,
as if in a 4321.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 07:41 PM
Oh, wow. The Irish guy who does Monday night Raw is calling this match. He is awful at wrestling, hopefully he is better at soccer

Between him & the very homer former Loons colour commentator - I have switched to Spanish.

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:46 PM
That was encouraging.

ronzilla
06-03-2023, 07:46 PM
Nice try Fede

portu
06-03-2023, 07:47 PM
I want to say we’re doing X or Y, but honestly I’m not sure there is any specific intention right now. Looks like players just playing (positionally very liberally I might add).

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:48 PM
I want to say we’re doing X or Y, but honestly I’m not sure there is any specific intention right now. Looks like players just playing (positionally very liberally I might add).

They're definitely playing Fede in the hole, switching him and Sapong (who was a winger for several years in MLS).

portu
06-03-2023, 07:49 PM
No, they're definitely playing Fede in the hole, switching him and Sapong (who was a winger for several years in MLS).
I’m not sure on that one. Did you just see Lorenzo dip in and push JMR out wide? It’s very fluid.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 07:50 PM
So far, our midfield has been keeping them from getting the ball.

portu
Tactically if I were to define anything going on right now it would be: the Italians go where they want, closest man covers their positional switch.

jloome
Kaye isn't having a good start.

jloome
06-03-2023, 07:52 PM
They're also dropping LI on defense and pushing JMR forward to press faster, same with Thompson and Fede on the other side.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 07:55 PM
Kaye isn't having a good start.

Kaye isn't having a good tenure. I legit feel bad at this point shitting on him since I think many other people have taken it to an extreme, but he isn't nearly the player we paid for.

portu
06-03-2023, 07:55 PM
They're also dropping LI on defense and pushing JMR forward to press faster, same with Thompson and Fede on the other side.
Bit of a pulley system going on. One up, one down. Only firm positions seems like CBs and MAK. Everyone presses when closest with another dropping.

portu
06-03-2023, 07:56 PM
Fede looks like old Fede

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 07:57 PM
Insigne needs to get on the ball way more.

portu
06-03-2023, 07:58 PM
Long ball shit needs to stop it’s not worked once this year

portu
06-03-2023, 08:00 PM
Laryea in the middle of the park, attack is entirely fluid. No positions just starting points.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:03 PM
Mabika saves!

jloome
What the fuck.

Dumb.

Almost cost us.

Central midfielders aren't doing much to help us get out of our end.

portu
MAK should be off the pitch for that. That was disgustingly poor. Lucky it wasn’t immortalized with a goal.

For me that typifies the problem with him here. He doesn’t seem concentrated or very concerned. It would explain the difference in play between us and Canada for sure.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Well that was comedic...

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:04 PM
Sean Johnson please dont make this a blunder night

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:05 PM
This commentary crew is fucking abysmal.

Richard
06-03-2023, 08:05 PM
These cross field passes to Fede needs to stop, just stop, you're not good enough pull of those passes.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:07 PM
MAK should be off the pitch for that. That was disgustingly poor. Lucky it wasn’t immortalized with a goal.

For me that typifies the problem with him here. He doesn’t seem concentrated or very concerned. It would explain the difference in play between us and Canada for sure.

He really hasn't been good for Canada in the last few years either. Has gone from a borderline starter to a fringe player. If Canada secures Aiden Morris, you gotta think Kaye's CMNT callups will become much more scarce.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:11 PM
This commentary crew is fucking abysmal.

Yup....change it to Spanish and just enjoy the flow of nonsense without understanding it

"Lorenzo Ingsigne"

jloome
10 fouls for Minnesota already and no card. This is bullshit. That's persistent infringement.

portu
Lorenzo and MAK going at it on the pitch

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:12 PM
Yup....change it to Spanish and just enjoy the flow of nonsense without understanding it

"Lorenzo Ingsigne"

Apple does not offer Spanish, just French, which is no fun.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:13 PM
boy is bernardeschi giving balls away easily

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:13 PM
So Berna makes a bad pass...again.

Who gets back to cover the break?

LOREEENNNNNNZo Insigne

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:14 PM
Apple does not offer Spanish, just French, which is no fun.

Weird....I have Spanish as my language option but no French...

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:15 PM
Sapong gives up too easily on 40/60 balls.

Richard
Insigne and Berna are such wastes of money and DP slots.

I miss Giovinco, he was electric, he had fire, desire, tenacity, he could bend it like Beckham too, guy was the complete package.

jloome
Weird....I have Spanish as my language option but no French...
I'm on the tv.apple.com website on Windows.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:16 PM
Kosi and JMR are struggling on both ends.

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:17 PM
Kaye got the ball and played through the guy in front of him and gets whistled. Fuck PRO sometimes.

portu
06-03-2023, 08:20 PM
No attacking ideas

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:20 PM
This ref is fucking terrible.

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:21 PM
No attacking ideas
We look like we don't even know how to get out of our half most of the time.

MikeForbes
Zero chance Mabika ever comes out of the starting lineup at this point.

portu
We look like we don't even know how to get out of our half most of the time.
When we do they look surprised

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:22 PM
I'm on the tv.apple.com website on Windows.

Aaa....I'm using a Roku going to apple app & then MLS.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:23 PM
gotta bring in servania at the break or play insigne centrally...nothing created by this mid 3...mabika calls translator perruzza while walking balk to the rooms to help him talk to insigne

Richard
06-03-2023, 08:24 PM
I'm not putting up with another half of that shit. No ideas.

It seems like the plan is to nil, nil every game, fuck that.

I suggest you all enjoy your night and ditch.

Bobo
06-03-2023, 08:25 PM
Well, on the bright side, Hedges hasn't needed to come off (yet), and he and Mabika continue to form a solid partnership. Beyond that, it's poop, doo doo, and a whole lot of shit.

AdamAM
06-03-2023, 08:26 PM
So terribly boring.

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:26 PM
We're just tactically deficient. Too much running with the ball, not enough movement and positioning to receive it right away.

Same old same old. He's trying to have Bernie come underneath and pushing up the kids on defence so that more of the transitional play begins with the Italians. But our supporting movement is just awful.

There's just too much freelancing for the quality and experience of our roster. He can reposition players all he wants
but without good supporting movement it's all shit, basically.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:28 PM
I'm not putting up with another half of that shit. No ideas.

It seems like the plan is to nil, nil every game, fuck that.

I suggest you all enjoy your night and ditch.

If I ditched after every ugly half...I wouldn't be around anymore.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 08:32 PM
There's just too much freelancing for the quality and experience of our roster. He can reposition players all he wants
but without good supporting movement it's all shit, basically.

Oso

It always goes back to Oso

portu
06-03-2023, 08:34 PM
I don’t know how bringing injured guys back in changes anything here.

Pkayers have no idea how to attack. It’s too fundamental. You see why Vanney was so boringly systematic now in his approach.

rydermike
06-03-2023, 08:38 PM
Super lucky there they messed up after Hedges fell

Mr. Inbetween
Hedges doing the worm?

Amir.
servania and kerr in for rutty and thompson

portu
4-2-3-1 Fede at the 10 Kerr on the right

OgtheDim
Hedges slips...and somehow still makes the tackle with a back heel

rydermike
06-03-2023, 08:40 PM
Luckily Minnesota plays like us when they get to the 18.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:42 PM
On the brightside, Bob made the same changes I would of. The bad part, I have consumed roughly a pint of vodka and me and former Swansea and USMNT manager Bob Bradley are on thinking on the same level.

jloome
This ref is a horror show

OgtheDim
So a 2 handed push in the back is not a foul?

I think these refs can't keep up with the speed.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 08:43 PM
That was a two hand push by Trapp!

portu
06-03-2023, 08:44 PM
Attacking play makes much more sense now.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Bernie through the middle is so much more effective than down the wing.

portu
06-03-2023, 08:45 PM
Kobe Franklin is a passenger right now. Mabika basically playing two positions.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:46 PM
bernardeschi moved central which is closer to insigne and combos and movements are better...good changes by bradley

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:48 PM
Hedges off is a disaster.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:49 PM
hedges goes down and rosted comes in

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:49 PM
Adrian Heath showing what a sportsman he
is, complaining about delays when we've clearly got two injured players

Bobo
06-03-2023, 08:50 PM
Well, on the bright side, Hedges hasn't needed to come off (yet), and he and Mabika continue to form a solid partnership. Beyond that, it's poop, doo doo, and a whole lot of shit.

Holy smokes, can we not have anything nice?

Edit: OK, at least we have that.

MikeForbes
Insigne!

tfcfans
Wow….

Canary10
Yessss!!!!!!

Yuushalinsky
I flick on the TV, and it's Insigne

portu
06-03-2023, 08:51 PM
I’m breathing again I think

Amir.
mabika is now wearing a shirt without a number...bernardeschi to sapong to bernardeshi to laryea to insigne and goallllllllllllllllll

OgtheDim
Oh look..an ugly..ugly ugly transition plays scores....

jloome
Nice! Bernie in the middle, who'd a thunk it /s

rydermike
06-03-2023, 08:52 PM
So I got up to go boil water for a coffee and TFC scored. Should I just stop watching lol?

Canary10
06-03-2023, 08:52 PM
So I got up to go boil water for a coffee and TFC scored. Should I just stop watching lol?

Yes.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:53 PM
its now a matter of time before reynoso comes in

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:53 PM
Kaye's positioning going backwards is poor.
He's quick to get back but often doesn't close lanes properly.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Can Mabika continue to cover up for Rosted and be the Per Mertesacker of MLS?

Canary10
06-03-2023, 08:54 PM
Great ball from Richie. That was all Bernardeschi though

jloome
06-03-2023, 08:56 PM
This commentator is such a tool.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 08:57 PM
These fans love a guy who allegedly hit a kid.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 08:57 PM
reynoso in at 65...can the team defend properly for the last 25??

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:02 PM
Well I'd like to see the xG on that miss by the Loons...

wopchop
06-03-2023, 09:04 PM
This commentator is such a tool.
Feels like he spends as much time advertising for Apple as commentating.

Oldtimer
06-03-2023, 09:06 PM
Rosted is almost continuously out of position. Completely incompetent. Makes very basic errors.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:06 PM
How could that be against Sapong? He won the ball by a
foot.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:07 PM
Cool backheel by Sevania....

20 minutes of chaos ball without Hedges back there is going to kill us.

MikeForbes
Lost my power for some reason. Probably gonna miss the rest of this, but here is to another Mabika masterclass.

Canary10
Well I'd like to see the xG on that miss by the Loons...

On FotMob says .05. Pretty low.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:09 PM
Kobe has hit a mental wall - he needs a game off badly.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:10 PM
On FitMob says .05. Pretty low.

I am shocked ...that was all shin but if there had been any boot, its in.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 09:10 PM
minnesota sends in another dp in mender garcia

Canary10
06-03-2023, 09:11 PM
I am shocked ...that was all shin but if there had been any boot, its in.

Yeah seemed like that should be higher. Outside the box I guess.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:11 PM
Should bring in Ayo now, better presser than Sapong

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:15 PM
DP foul - Seba used to get those.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:15 PM
Rosted gets all ball, ref calls a set piece on the edge of the box.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 09:16 PM
MAK gassed.

rydermike
06-03-2023, 09:18 PM
MVPabika

wopchop
06-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Mabika, Man of the match!

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:19 PM
Mabika has been incredible. Think he lost a tooth.

rydermike
06-03-2023, 09:20 PM
Typical

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Well, that was coming.

wopchop
06-03-2023, 09:21 PM
Well, that was bound to happen. They have been all over us for 20 minutes. Heroic defending and goalkeeping there, though.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:22 PM
Fucking KAYE, man. Screens the goalie AND deflects the shot, in a position he has no reason to be in.

Amir.
06-03-2023, 09:22 PM
goal scored by kaye?

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Four minutes. Rally the fucking troops Bob.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:23 PM
Fucking KAYE, man. Screens the goalie AND deflects the shot, in a position he has no reason to be in.

Not hard on him there at all.....its chaos ball time....everybody was just covering. Deflections happen....had to stop him from getting the shot off & we didn't.

Great save by SJ before that though.

But, this team is gassed - nothing left in the tank.

MikeForbes
06-03-2023, 09:24 PM
Going to bed now. Despite the negative feelings I get from these lads on the pitch, I love you, guys.

Yuushalinsky
06-03-2023, 09:27 PM
if we won Wednesday I'd feel better about this but another fucking draw is so infuriating

Canary10
06-03-2023, 09:27 PM
Damn. Mabika was fantastic. Really lost our shape in the last 20 minutes.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:28 PM
Not hard on him there at all....

Oh come off it! He's a central midfielder, the ball has cleared the box, and he's standing two feet directly in front of Johnson. He reacted late, and we paid for it. It was bad play, not chaos theory.

Amir.
road point...5 points from the last 3 games...not bad

Oldtimer
Terrible lack of a match plan to see out the game. Just everyone dropping back.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 09:29 PM
I am a Lollo-ist but Mabikadini was the MOM.

jloome
06-03-2023, 09:29 PM
If MAK and Rosted have a better game, we probably come out of that with three. Kobe looks really gassed. They attacked him constantly on the second half, and he cheated inside too much, making it very easy for them to get balls in. Probably needs to sit for one.

Still, some better stuff, offensively. Mabika was fucking excellent.

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:30 PM
Damn. Mabika was fantastic. Really lost our shape in the last 20 minutes.

Kobe couldn't run & then Mabika got a mouth injury from a flailing hand which caused Hedges to strain himself on a play while Mabika was being tended to & then it just went all crud...

A point away out of conference is usually a good thing.

Our problem is we can't win IN conference, especially at home.

There were signs of a better attacking approach there but these guys badly need time off.

noxx98
06-03-2023, 09:31 PM
Welp. I asked the bar to turn on the game. I shouldn’t have. That sucks.

SKB
06-03-2023, 09:39 PM
This team just lacks coordination and confidence. Why is Bob Bradley still the coach. This team needs someone that can bring them together with some fresh tactics and a new vision

Derko
06-03-2023, 09:40 PM
I say again MAK is a useless waste of space, BB you have had your time, but it is over

OgtheDim
06-03-2023, 09:52 PM
The two mids who are most adept at handling the mental load of this many games in a row have been injured for all these games - MAK is not one of those type of players.

I'm not saying MB is the answer to our long term problems but that team was mentally gassed the second half on Wednesday & the only leaders who know how to help their teammates push through that scenario are Oso & MB.

Some of that is on injuries but some of that is on BB not resting when he can.

Kobe should have been subbed at 60 - Sapong at 80.

Smokecell
06-03-2023, 09:58 PM
We’re getting torched with our TAM players. Petretta, Rosted, Akinola, Oso (DP). Also is Kaye TAM?

DinamoTFC
06-03-2023, 10:02 PM
Bradley doesnt know how to rotate.
Bradley doesnt know how to build a team.
Bradley doesn't know how to keep his players healthy.
Bradley doesnt know when to make substitutions.
Bradley doesn't have any tactics or adjustments.
Bradley doesn't know how to close out games.
Bradley doesn't know how to communicate to the fanbase or media.
Bradley sure knows how to turn off an entire fanbase.

Ultra & Proud
06-03-2023, 10:28 PM
Now my vision is "impaired" but on the corner before the goal, didn't the MU forward drag the ball over the end line?
Looked close.

reggie
06-03-2023, 10:30 PM
[Following tonight’s draw to Minnesota United, TFC now have the exact same point tally (18 points) this season as they did last season after 17 MLS matches.No progress… its a masterclass by bob and bill

SirBobSaget
06-03-2023, 11:20 PM
Its always a good thing to not use any subs after the 80th minute while in the lead right? Wouldn't want to slow down the game and eat up mins. I mean every team in the world except Bob's garbage TFC does it. Good thing we are the exception with our sharp minded manager.

Mr. Inbetween
06-03-2023, 11:46 PM
[Following tonight’s draw to Minnesota United, TFC now have the exact same point tally (18 points) this season as they did last season after 17 MLS matches.No progress… its a masterclass by bob and bill

Generally agree with you; since it is the stat that matters most. However, IIUC last season at the same match mark TFC had 24GF and 32GA in comparison to this season's 16GF (-33%/bad!) and 20GA (-37%/good!). TFC's defense has much improved while our offence production has seemingly equally regressed. Moreover, last years offensive output was before the Italians even arrived and may highlight the contribution (a) Pozuelo made!

ag futbol
06-04-2023, 12:09 AM
Had to watch this one late on replay. Oddly my Apple TV showed one option (English ) for audio and that was it.

Mabika Looked like god damn van dijk out there mopping up all the shit on the flank, clearing attempts on goal, and stepping into space to break the lines.

Rosted gave me Doniel Henry vibes chasing every play like a headless chicken and fouling unnecessarily. We are in major shit if Hedges isn’t back next game.

I thought we had a really good spell in the second half around the time of the goal when the ball actually moved with some pace. But other parts of the game felt a bit more listless.

I felt bad for the team giving up that late goal. To me, that’s something hedges might have snuffed out by yelling at the team to not sit so deep and run out faster to stop the next phase of play. A lot of TFC players were deep and seemed hesitant (or too gassed) to come out.

I echo the frustration regarding Bob’s lack of late-game subs. You’d think at a minimum Petretta comes on for Kobi…

wopchop
06-04-2023, 06:26 AM
The two mids who are most adept at handling the mental load of this many games in a row have been injured for all these games - MAK is not one of those type of players.

I'm not saying MB is the answer to our long term problems but that team was mentally gassed the second half on Wednesday & the only leaders who know how to help their teammates push through that scenario are Oso & MB.

Some of that is on injuries but some of that is on BB not resting when he can.

Bob has been in this position of Coach & GM since Fall 2021. He constructed the roster. He has had multiple windows do do that, with more money than any other team in the league. He is responsible for planning the training. He plans the tactics. He picks the starting lineup and bench. He is responsible for substitutions. If he doesn't have enough depth due to injuries, despite having the highest budget and spending to the cap, then he is incompetent. Enough with the excuses.

Oldtimer
06-04-2023, 07:14 AM
Back when I coached youth defenders I taught them to make sure that they were always between an attacker coming in from the wing and the goal, i.e., do not let them get past you towards centre. I ran drills on that (my son still remembers helping me run those drills).

Rosted doesn't follow that simple rule, and it's not due to exceptional speed of the attackers getting beyond him. Either Bob isn't coaching it or Rosted isn't good enough to execute something basic yet Bob is keeping him on the field. Either way it's a bad reflection both on Rosted (who should be doing the basics at this point) and on BB.

Gringo Starr
06-04-2023, 07:17 AM
Mabika has been an awesome pick up. Hedges is class as well, too bad he didn't get subbed earlier-hope the injury isn't too bad. Fede inside looked promising for the ten minutes or so it was used. Reynoso was the most impactful DP on the field last night. A premium attacking mid works well in mls. I want to say we were unlucky last night but the loons had chances that a better team takes. Maybe OG is right, maybe Oso and MB make a difference last night, Kaye looks like he needs a rest, MB and Oso can at least get the ball forward so maybe we can compete with the loons and the fire but this squad is not top half mls even in a bizarro world where injuries don't happen.

Oldtimer
06-04-2023, 07:24 AM
Bob has been in this position of Coach & GM since Fall 2021. He constructed the roster.

He did not picks the DPs (arguably the most important part of the squad) and Manning picked ones that don't match his style of play based on marketing alone.

That doesn't excuse the fact that BB seems inadequate to both construct and coach the type of roster that fits the star players that he has, nor has the ability to coach strategy. Athleticism worked for many years in MLS, and Bradley's reputation was built in that era. He would have been a good choice for TFC in 2007. He's in over his head for the MLS of today.

wopchop
06-04-2023, 07:43 AM
He did not picks the DPs (arguably the most important part of the squad) and Manning picked ones that don't match his style of play based on marketing alone.

You are right, but this assumes Bradley objected to hiring those players.
We have the Manning comments you are referring to (the Transfermarkt saga) but we also have Manning's comments that Bradley specifically was on board with it.
It also seems Bradley came in to the club knowing Insigne was the target, so he constructed his roster with that DP spot known to him. If he constructed it wrongly around Insigne, he is responsible for that. If he is coaching a style of play that doesn't work for those fixed assets, he is also responsible for that.

P.S.: To be clear, Manning is responsible too, but there seems to be a media narrative that this is somehow out of Bradley's hands. The guy has a lot of authority and responsibility, so I completely object to that idea. If his hands were tied by being given Insigne, and the highest budget in the league - then there is no hope for him.

FootBallAZ
06-04-2023, 08:02 AM
road point...5 points from the last 3 games...not bad

Lol see you an employee of TFC.?

3 wins in 24 games not bad at all not bad.

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 08:18 AM
Lol see you an employee of TFC.?

3 wins in 24 games not bad at all not bad.

The posts from Amir are often bizarre beyond belief.

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 08:57 AM
Guys I seriously did it to myself: I watched the full game just now on delay, since we were out with friends last night and I didn't have time. I think I need to call for an intervention here, might need someone sent over to my house due to inflicting intentional self harm. Actually the main reason for watching is pretty funny: I woke up too early and I hoped that watching the game would help me fall asleep again. Just about worked too: I just didn't pull the plug on the game at the right time to doze off and then I missed the opportunity. Using the 2nd half to do the exercises I'm supposed to do every day but hardly ever do, also added to the masochistic enjoyment.

After reading some of the comments above, more complaints about the Apple broadcast shite: first of all, there seems to be no way to start watching the game on delay w/o seeing the final score. (I had avoided all news and social media so I didn't know the result yet.) Absolute amateur garbage. I purposely didn't put my glasses on when I was loading the game (I'm pretty farsighted so can't see much close w/o the glasses on), and even squinted to try and avoid seeing any details. But I still had a pretty good idea of the final score because it's just too obvious while finding and loading the game. Watching the whole game anyway is pretty much certifiable, but I had a masochistic desire to see in which way TFC would fail on the day. In the end I was adequately disappointed.

How about this tripe from the Apple crew: "And that does it. The referee brings a halt to a PULSATING second half at Allianz Field." That's freaking funny. Later in the recap there was more over-the-top BS. Did someone say this guy also calls WWE shows? On brand.

Seeing the teams and coaches after the match: Adrian Heath and Bob Bradley seem like two over-the-hill and clueless coaches. Both are extremely lucky to have excessively faithful home crowds. Note that MUFC has been dismal at home this year, and they spend half as much on players as TFC, so only coming away with point is so embarrassing for TFC. If you think of Mabika's repeated heroics, a draw was actually lucky for TFC.

I can't believe how often Insigne kills the flow by totally stopping and waiting when receiving the ball. I can't imagine he played like that in Napoli. I don't know how much is due to his own bad decisions, and how much is due to there being no plan to get something done in offense.

The high press doesn't really work great for either team, as they both looked really gassed 2/3rds the way through the game. Ref should have ended the game before Insigne's goal and deducted two points from both sides.

Ultra & Proud
06-04-2023, 08:59 AM
Either Bob isn't coaching it or Rosted isn't good enough to execute something basic yet Bob is keeping him on the field. Either way it's a bad reflection both on Rosted (who should be doing the basics at this point) and on BB.

And Bob seems to be getting our forwards to do the opposite, making the job easier on opposing defenders.

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 09:01 AM
He really hasn't been good for Canada in the last few years either. Has gone from a borderline starter to a fringe player. If Canada secures Aiden Morris, you gotta think Kaye's CMNT callups will become much more scarce.

Yup when MAK comes on the pitch partway through Canada games, he often seems completely out of synch with the rest of the team. Just not up to speed, can't fit into their system.

ensco
06-04-2023, 09:04 AM
So, just based on the extended highlights, the count in terms of high quality chances was something like 8-2 for Minnesota.

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 09:05 AM
On the brightside, Bob made the same changes I would of. The bad part, I have consumed roughly a pint of vodka and me and former Swansea and USMNT manager Bob Bradley are on thinking on the same level.

"You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to MikeForbes again."

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 09:13 AM
You are right, but this assumes Bradley objected to hiring those players.
We have the Manning comments you are referring to (the Transfermarkt saga) but we also have Manning's comments that Bradley specifically was on board with it.
It also seems Bradley came in to the club knowing Insigne was the target, so he constructed his roster with that DP spot known to him. If he constructed it wrongly around Insigne, he is responsible for that. If he is coaching a style of play that doesn't work for those fixed assets, he is also responsible for that.

P.S.: To be clear, Manning is responsible too, but there seems to be a media narrative that this is somehow out of Bradley's hands. The guy has a lot of authority and responsibility, so I completely object to that idea. If his hands were tied by being given Insigne, and the highest budget in the league - then there is no hope for him.

I totally agree.

OgtheDim
06-04-2023, 09:26 AM
So, just based on the extended highlights, the count in terms of high quality chances was something like 8-2 for Minnesota.

That's not how I remember the game but this was a very very homerish broadcast for Apple...

ag futbol
06-04-2023, 09:45 AM
After reading some of the comments above, more complaints about the Apple broadcast shite: first of all, there seems to be no way to start watching the game on delay w/o seeing the final score. (I had avoided all news and social media so I didn't know the result yet.) Absolute amateur garbage. I purposely didn't put my glasses on when I was loading the game (I'm pretty farsighted so can't see much close w/o the glasses on), and even squinted to try and avoid seeing any details. But I still had a pretty good idea of the final score because it's just too obvious while finding and loading the game. Watching the whole game anyway is pretty much certifiable, but I had a masochistic desire to see in which way TFC would fail on the day. In the end I was adequately disappointed..
It can be done. On Chromecast (which I’m using) I navigate to options once I’m in the MLS section of Apple TV. Then, you turn off “show sports scores”. Be warned: sometimes it will turn back on, so yesterday when I went back into the app, I specifically checked to make sure it was off again.

But otherwise agree on MLS AppleTV being a garbage product. I basically look for three things: the MLS wrap up show, prior TFC games, and highlights. They prominently show shit you will never watch at the top of their menus and leave you to root around for the things you want to see. Someone should be smacked repeatedly for making such a dumb setup.

jloome
06-04-2023, 10:28 AM

Yeah, the xG was 2.1 to 0.6

We actually outperformed our xG by scoring a goal. Most of our shots were from long range, including those on target.

They had 20 shots, 11 on target, we had 10 and 7.

Whoscored does a little roundup of what teams did well and badly. I bolded one in particular. Hard to win when players just fuck up, once again an indictment of training.

Minnesota United
Toronto FC

Strengths

Created a high number of chances relative to their possession
Stole the ball often from the opposition

Stole the ball often from the opposition
Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from long shot situations

Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from the flanks

Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from counter attacks

Were effective at creating goalscoring opportunities from set-pieces

Weaknesses

Were poor at finishing
Gave away a lot of free-kicks around the box

Were caught offside often
Committed a high number of individual errors

Styles

Had a large quantity of possession in their opponent's half
Favoured long shots

Attacked down the right side
Attacked through the middle

Attacked through the middle
Favoured short passing

Had a high shot frequency when in possession

Richard
06-04-2023, 11:24 AM
Oh look, another draw after failing to close it out. Yawn. :facepalm:

Mr. Inbetween
06-04-2023, 11:39 AM
In addition to the accurate tired legs/no substitution towards match-end criticism Bob is facing, once TFC got the goal with Fede in the hole, did he just drift/revert back to right wing on his own? Is my analysis incorrect? Or is that move by instruction and on Bob?

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 11:49 AM
It can be done. On Chromecast (which I’m using) I navigate to options once I’m in the MLS section of Apple TV. Then, you turn off “show sports scores”. Be warned: sometimes it will turn back on, so yesterday when I went back into the app, I specifically checked to make sure it was off again.

But otherwise agree on MLS AppleTV being a garbage product. I basically look for three things: the MLS wrap up show, prior TFC games, and highlights. They prominently show shit you will never watch at the top of their menus and leave you to root around for the things you want to see. Someone should be smacked repeatedly for making such a dumb setup.

OK thanks for the tip! I also found the setting within the web browser. It does mention it's only for this browser. After changing the setting, I could see it was working. I was hoping it would set a permanent cookie, and it probably should. However I logged out of MLS Season Pass, then logged in again (on the same browser) and the setting had reverted. Too bad that MLS/Apple TV is garbage, but from now on I'll know to always check that setting first when I need it.

Auzzy
06-04-2023, 11:53 AM
New slogan for TFC instead of All For One:

TFC, works better against insomnia than Ambien, and with fewer side effects! (Other than the occasional screen smashed in frustration...)

arsenal
06-04-2023, 12:14 PM

TFC, works better against insomnia than Ambien, and with fewer side effects! (Other than the occasional screen smashed in frustration...)

All for One Point

SenorDingDong
06-05-2023, 11:26 AM
I felt bad for the team giving up that late goal. To me, that’s something hedges might have snuffed out by yelling at the team to not sit so deep and run out faster to stop the next phase of play. A lot of TFC players were deep and seemed hesitant (or too gassed) to come out.

I echo the frustration regarding Bob’s lack of late-game subs. You’d think at a minimum Petretta comes on for Kobi…

At the end of the day, keeping cleansheets in MLS is super tough. We've already done many clean sheets this year (more then past 2 years combined) and also had many games where we only give up 1 goal.

Honestly, if we give up 1 goal a game, that's really good. Our problem is we either score 0 or 1 goals per game and that's it.

Like if we scored 2 goals and only 2 goals each game (and our goals against stays exact same) - our record would be extremely good right now.

Defensively we are great. Offensively we are awful.

We need two quality signings, a CM (ball moving, quick, 2014 MB style) and a Striker who is a clinical finisher in MLS. If we get those two and only those two we win way more games.

Fort York Redcoat
06-05-2023, 11:29 AM

All for One Point

Arsenal just won something- Best post of their season!

Srsly a spitake, mate. Well done.

OgtheDim
06-05-2023, 12:15 PM

All for One Point

This is seriously good 2 stick material.....

Auzzy
06-05-2023, 09:57 PM

All for One Point

Arsenal just won something- Best post of their season!

Srsly a spitake, mate. Well done.

This is seriously good 2 stick material.....

Yup arsenal that's a top-quality post, definite POTY contender!

Maybe I can earn an assist on it. :D