PDA

View Full Version : Streamer idea for kick offs

vergilg
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Hey guys - first post, fan since day one.

Check out this vid at 2:10, maybe we can get something similar happening at kick offs/the first whistle, so it looks like an avalanche from the grand stands, or better FROM ALL THE STANDS.

Just an idea :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wla4IxHQKL4

Barbarez
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
Damn. How come we never thought of that before.

Stryker
08-07-2008, 01:47 PM
If we had that ref from last week he'd start booking fans for dissent.

adampz
08-07-2008, 01:52 PM
Thats a really good idea, Choreo team? Where are you?

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
cooooool

I think it's great. It doesn't really hurt anybody and doesn't really interfere with play.

Ageroo
08-07-2008, 02:01 PM
It does look great and would be cool...but good luck arming everyone with streamers and coordinating it....

adampz
08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
It does look great and would be cool...but good luck arming everyone with streamers and coordinating it.... If we could get this idea across to usector, and 114-116 it would be alright, these are the type of things we need to do to step up the tfc atmosphere

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 02:14 PM
^^ Indeed, hell maybe 117 and 118. I'm sure they are smart enough to bring streamers too.

vergilg
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
It does look great and would be cool...but good luck arming everyone with streamers and coordinating it....

It could catch on and spread as more and more people do it. Not everyone did it in the video I posted but if enough people do it I think it would look amazing at BMO :o

NateDoGG
08-07-2008, 02:15 PM
Thats Awesome!!
Do It South End!!! Do It!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AL-MO
08-07-2008, 02:16 PM
Thats a really good idea, Choreo team? Where are you?

We have thought of this idea before. In fact we came up with a 'streamer waterfall' idea where everyone in the upper west stand would get streamers.

There are two problems:

1) People not showing up on time (everyone saw how the club coordinated tifo went last season(not their fault), not everyone showed up on time, and it didn't look great.

2) unaffialiated supporters - they don't get it, and in some cases don't want to take part. So initiatives of this nature would have to be limited to certain sections. And even then I can see parts of some sections not participating.

boban
08-07-2008, 02:17 PM
I think it would look cool also.
But you would have to throw the steamers form the top half of the stand.
Chucking from the first few rows has no visual effect or value.

Wagner
08-07-2008, 02:22 PM
last year Dubrick pulled strings to get us in to the stadium for the TIFO/CHOREO...
maybe this year we can place a streamer on every seat in the upper deck of the west side to be tossed simultaneously....

PS Dollarama shoud sponsor it...i've spent $100's there on streamers.

vergilg
08-07-2008, 02:24 PM
I think it would look cool also.
But you would have to throw the steamers form the top half of the stand.
Chucking from the first few rows has no visual effect or value.

Yeah, even the top rows of the South End would make a nice streamer avalanche :))

I am hopeful that after 1-2 successfully coordinated avalanches from the south end it will catch on throughout the stadium and people will want to get in on the fun at kick off at the next game.

Imagine the whole stadium does it? We'd need a 360 camera to capture the moment hehehe :D

Detroit_TFC
08-07-2008, 02:36 PM
That is tits, we should do it.

Shouldn't be hard to coordinate, when ref blows the whistle, throw. As long as people throw them up and forward and not straight out parallel to the pitch, it would look great.

It would be good to start it off in the south end to show how it is done, then trying for an all stadium maybe for the last home game, with each section alternating red and white.

RYANTFC
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
we can hardly get anyone bouncing for a song, I doubt we will ever get the whole stadium doing this

vergilg
08-07-2008, 02:44 PM
we can hardly get anyone bouncing for a song, I doubt we will ever get the whole stadium doing this

True, but this requires little to no effort, once a game. Plust, we don't need everyone, we just need a solid number of people.

RYANTFC
08-07-2008, 02:46 PM
^^^ yeah, I love the idea of this because it would look class if we could get it going. I hope we can figure something out.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 02:49 PM
It doesn't take much for people to through stuff, need I remind you of this

XQvz01OKrsA

adampz
08-07-2008, 03:15 PM

XQvz01OKrsA It would have been nice to be at BMO when that actually happened.

vergilg
08-07-2008, 04:08 PM

XQvz01OKrsA

Historic moment - no one can take that away from the fans or the team.
Totally spontaneous and cool

Bobo
08-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Beats the confetti.

rocktml
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
I think you'll have a hard time getting all the stands doing it at once.....but neat idea

james
08-07-2008, 04:13 PM
ya its a great idea, but it seems we can never get anyone on the same page. So people jsut throw streamers or sing random songs when ever they want to instead of all together at the same time!

boban
08-07-2008, 04:16 PM
It would have been nice to be at BMO when that actually happened.
I was :D

Bobo
08-07-2008, 04:21 PM
ya its a great idea, but it seems we can never get anyone on the same page. So people jsut throw streamers or sing random songs when ever they want to instead of all together at the same time!

5 chants at the same time can get annoying but when the Capos are silent what else is there to do?

vergilg
08-07-2008, 04:27 PM
Well, we are getting a little off-topic now, but the whole point is it would be neat and cool if we tried the streamers at kick-off and if it catches on cool, if not, whatever.

Rome wasn't built in one day and neither will a strong fan base. But in just two years I am really happy and positive about the things our fans have done and achieved.

So keep the good ideas coming and most importantly, let's try them at least once

adampz
08-07-2008, 05:44 PM
Well, we are getting a little off-topic now, but the whole point is it would be neat and cool if we tried the streamers at kick-off and if it catches on cool, if not, whatever.

Rome wasn't built in one day and neither will a strong fan base. But in just two years I am really happy and positive about the things our fans have done and achieved.

So keep the good ideas coming and most importantly, let's try them at least once Vergilg is right, we should get as many people in the south end involved, and tell them to have atleast 2 streamers in hand for this, and once the whistles blown, they can all be thrown. If it catches on great, if it doesnt, we tried. These ideas are the things that will put us up there with european and south american supporters, if we dont start trying new tifos and choreos, we're gonna have the same level of atmosphere.

AL-MO
08-07-2008, 05:48 PM
We have thought of this idea before. In fact we came up with a 'streamer waterfall' idea where everyone in the upper west stand would get streamers.

There are two problems:

1) People not showing up on time (everyone saw how the club coordinated tifo went last season(not their fault), not everyone showed up on time, and it didn't look great.

2) unaffialiated supporters - they don't get it, and in some cases don't want to take part. So initiatives of this nature would have to be limited to certain sections. And even then I can see parts of some sections not participating.

I am going to quote myself because clearly noone read it.

adampz
08-07-2008, 05:53 PM
I read it, but i thought we could start it in the south end, get as many people from the south end on board, which means talking to u sector, 114, 116, NEE. Im just saying i dont see whats stopping us from trying to start it, and if it doesnt catch on, then oh well we tried.

vergilg
08-07-2008, 06:08 PM
I understand AL-MO's concerns and he obviously speaks from experience...

Obviously, not everyone in the stadium will sing the songs and do what the Ultras do (then, the Ultras won't be the Ultras anymore if everyone was an Ultra ;))

Nevertheless, there are enough fans scattered in the grand stand, and the stands facing them for it to work nicely ONCE. And that's all we need, one good first try and I think it will catch on.

I think it would be exciting for anyone, even the football dads/moms and their little ones to make it for kick off and chuck a streamer.

Lastly, it would just be great if it worked in the south end - it would solidify the presence and rep. that much more as the best fans in all of MLS.

Detroit_TFC
08-07-2008, 06:44 PM
I think the DC supporters do this occasionally at kick off but it would look better at BMO. Why? Because it is at BMO.

Canadian Blue
08-07-2008, 07:04 PM
Damn. How come we never thought of that before.

I brought this up a million times last season.......we need the upper deck involved it would be great

bignickel
08-07-2008, 10:10 PM
Hey guys - first post, fan since day one.

Check out this vid at 2:10, maybe we can get something similar happening at kick offs/the first whistle, so it looks like an avalanche from the grand stands, or better FROM ALL THE STANDS.

Just an idea :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wla4IxHQKL4

yeah, but it should look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBtjNo2lmgA

i have been posting this since we signed brennan.

now that is the way to welcome your team on the field!

Angelo1405
08-08-2008, 08:04 AM

how about uniting the south end for 1 GAME, assigning 1 CAPTAIN to lead the chants, talk to the club about putting a stand in the middle, of the front row of the south end, and let him lead the way....for one game. trying is not gonna hurt, maybe have this set up for the first game of 2009, or just some meaningless game of this season. if it works, maybe the atmosphere will be just like this.

:11 seconds...

YQfN4fudRpY

Flipityflu
08-08-2008, 08:17 AM
^because it won't work. people do their own thing. there are too many people who just don't quite get it. you can have a nice musical chant going, and a bunch of people would just rather say the opposing goalies name for five minutes, or 'fuck you (add name here)'.

adampz
08-08-2008, 11:07 AM
^because it won't work. people do their own thing. there are too many people who just don't quite get it. you can have a nice musical chant going, and a bunch of people would just rather say the opposing goalies name for five minutes, or 'fuck you (add name here)'. Thats true, hopefully if they build a north side, it can be given to the SG's, RPB, U sector, NEE. Then theres no excuse for not trying any new tifo ideas.

AL-MO
08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
how about uniting the south end for 1 GAME, assigning 1 CAPTAIN to lead the chants, talk to the club about putting a stand in the middle, of the front row of the south end, and let him lead the way....for one game. trying is not gonna hurt, maybe have this set up for the first game of 2009, or just some meaningless game of this season. if it works, maybe the atmosphere will be just like this.

:11 seconds...

YQfN4fudRpY

Because 117 is likely to just ignore you?

Maple Leaf Red
08-08-2008, 01:56 PM

There are two problems:

I don't know. At the home opener I took about $30 of streamers and handed them out to people sitting around me and they all took part and had a lot of fun. Now...getting them to buy their own streamers might be a problem.

tfc007
08-09-2008, 06:31 AM
Great Idea,I have seen this in south america,when the anthem finishes the streamers are launched right around the whole stadium at the same time.It looked awsome,I am in lets do it!

vergilg
08-09-2008, 03:40 PM
Great Idea,I have seen this in south america,when the anthem finishes the streamers are launched right around the whole stadium at the same time.It looked awsome,I am in lets do it!

Right on - that's the attitude needed! :)