PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 7 - TFC @ Nashville Sat April 8 8:38pm - I still want you by my side

OgtheDim
04-03-2023, 07:01 AM
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXscQ42JzoU&ab_channel=DANNY%27SMUSICPLAYL ISTS

Have at It People

(kudos to the person who first figures out why I picked this song)

Joe Kool
04-03-2023, 11:50 AM
Getting a lead and not being able to hold it seems to be the common trend so far this year in a unusually high proportion of our games. What an annoying trend to have. Hoping for the best. We really need Insigne back even though that might not help with giving up leads but at least will take some double teaming off of Berna.

OgtheDim
04-04-2023, 11:50 AM
https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1643279580336214016

After 2 weeks of meh......Good broadcast crew returns to our game...

los sonadores
04-04-2023, 05:26 PM
Getting a lead and not being able to hold it seems to be the common trend so far this year in an unusually high proportion of our games. What an annoying trend to have. Hoping for the best. We really need Insigne back even though that might not help with giving up leads but at least will take some double teaming off of Berna.

Yeah, this needs to stop both for the sake of points and morale. So far, tired legs, lack of subs and lack of adjustment are playing a role.

It’s too bad Gutierrez has become mysteriously ill because I think he could help. Adding Alonso should also help with depth.

ensco
04-05-2023, 08:50 PM
My goodness. Steve Cangialosi doing the TFC game. Not sure anyone is going to get this one but… Sports Phone!

I lived in NY for about 10 years in the 1980s and 1980s. Sports phone was this 900 service that did live updates on sports scores. I dialled them about 100 times during the Leafs and Blue Jay runs in 1992-94. You'd be at a dinner and for 50 cents you could call them from a payphone, and they had a tape that this nasal kid Cangialosi updated about every two minutes. “Leafs 2 Blues 1 at 9.06 of the second period”.

He was also kind of a floating fixture doing player interviews at Yankee games and the like. He had a very distinctive Noo Yawk Queens accent. His wiki says he did Red Bull games but I haven’t ever seen him do one, somehow, even though I have had the season package multiple times … I had no idea he had migrated to soccer, and I have trouble believing he'd be any good at it!

OgtheDim
04-05-2023, 09:23 PM
He's actually quite good when not doing NYRB games - these two did one of ours earlier this year (Atlanta?)

OgtheDim
04-06-2023, 11:31 AM
Insigne confirmed not playing according to journos at presser today

Richard
04-06-2023, 12:04 PM
So did anyone ask the MB question?

OgtheDim
04-06-2023, 12:28 PM
Not sure. Just reading journos tweets.

Diomande available Atlanta too

Section 223
04-06-2023, 12:37 PM
So did anyone ask the MB question?
I don’t think they want to lose their press pass, don’t see any of these lackeys pissing off Bob with such a question, I can’t think of any of our journos with enough bottle

OgtheDim
04-06-2023, 12:53 PM
https://twitter.com/LiveLifeDrake/status/1644034920631660558?t=M2CauB4Q-E1FCgAd1Y-aJw&s=19

jloome
04-06-2023, 01:03 PM
Insigne confirmed not playing according to journos at presser today

People freaking about it on some forums, calling him a bust etc.

It's a fucking groin strain. They can be brutal to rehab and they can re-occur really easily. I'm GLAD they're sitting him for another. We might actually, based on his past history, get him for the rest of the season if they don't rush it.

Canary10
04-06-2023, 02:21 PM

It's a fucking groin strain. They can be brutal to rehab and they can re-occur really easily. I'm GLAD they're sitting him for another. We might actually, based on his past history, get him for the rest of the season if they don't rush it.

I think people have already internalized all the rumours about him being unhappy and think he's not going to play another game for us.

613reppingTFC
04-06-2023, 03:09 PM

As it seems that happened with Sam Piette, said he tweaked his groin and missed two games, came back and re-aggravated something in it and now he's out 6-8 weeks. I get we need Insigne on the pitch badly but groin is such a tough one because you can feel fine all week long and even when doing running or jogging but all of a sudden going into a sprint or awkward lunge and you can pull it again.

SoccMan2
04-06-2023, 03:28 PM
My goodness. Steve Cangialosi doing the TFC game. Not sure anyone is going to get this one but… Sports Phone!

I lived in NY for about 10 years in the 1980s and 1980s. Sports phone was this 900 service that did live updates on sports scores. I dialled them about 100 times during the Leafs and Blue Jay runs in 1992-94. You'd be at a dinner and for 50 cents you could call them from a payphone, and they had a tape that this nasal kid Cangialosi updated about every two minutes. “Leafs 2 Blues 1 at 9.06 of the second period”.

He was also kind of a floating fixture doing player interviews at Yankee games and the like. He had a very distinctive Noo Yawk Queens accent. His wiki says he did Red Bull games but I haven’t ever seen him do one, somehow, even though I have had the season package multiple times … I had no idea he had migrated to soccer, and I have trouble believing he'd be any good at it!
Steve has been doing MLS soccer for a long time now and has been doing Red Bull games for the longest time , yes he has that very distinctive New York accent. that you either like or hate , but he has been around a long time doing soccer , moreover I thought he did only soccer I didn’t know about the other sports he did especially hockey until I watched an NHL game he was doing a few years ago.

OgtheDim
04-06-2023, 04:51 PM
Led to it by Molinaro, BB goes heavy into the Nashville shooting situation - reluctant but foreceful.

Not exactly Pop (Dallas NBA coach) but he ain't no NRA dude.

Goes into Shaffelburg discussion too & confirms Shaff out because of Insigne. (I suspect Shaff would be offered a free agent contract when/if that comes up in 3-6 years)

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-april-06-2023

ensco
04-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Steve has been doing MLS soccer for a long time now and has been doing Red Bull games for the longest time , yes he has that very distinctive New York accent. that you either like or hate , but he has been around a long time doing soccer , moreover I thought he did only soccer I didn’t know about the other sports he did especially hockey until I watched an NHL game he was doing a few years ago.

I don’t know how I never realized Cangialosi was doing this, I had league pass. I think it highlights the fact that I barely ever watch NYRB. They just have always bored me, and Iwould always pick a different game… Same for the Revs, I just always skip over their games

NK Toronto
04-07-2023, 08:19 AM
Led to it by Molinaro, BB goes heavy into the Nashville shooting situation - reluctant but foreceful.

Not exactly Pop (Dallas NBA coach) but he ain't no NRA dude.

Goes into Shaffelburg discussion too & confirms Shaff out because of Insigne. (I suspect Shaff would be offered a free agent contract when/if that comes up in 3-6 years)

Molinaro asked Hedges what he thought about the dynamic of a father coaching his son, as raised by TSN last weekend. Hedges just replied that he doesn't see this as an issue. Molinaro should have asked this question directly to BB instead. What did he expect Hedges would say?

jloome
04-07-2023, 09:56 AM
Molinaro asked Hedges what he thought about the dynamic of a father coaching his son, as raised by TSN last weekend. Hedges just replied that he doesn't see this as an issue. Molinaro should have asked this question directly to BB instead. What did he expect Hedges would say?

I posted Molinaro's story in the MB thread. It's frighteningly amateurish and facile, the kind of naïve shit I produced as an 18-year-old practicum student.

los sonadores
04-07-2023, 11:16 AM

Nice New York memories! I lived there around then as well.

OgtheDim
04-07-2023, 12:59 PM
In response to the Nashville shooting, 6 minutes of silence during the match

https://twitter.com/RedPatchBoys/status/1644398578901688323

los sonadores
04-07-2023, 01:18 PM

Sounded to me more like he didn’t think Shaff was a good fit and that he likes him better in Nashville where they do simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.

Hala Hrvatska
04-07-2023, 02:59 PM
I trust if Shaf scores against us, he won't celebrate. Wish we still had him, the kid is electric.

Hala Hrvatska
04-07-2023, 03:01 PM
In response to the Nashville shooting, 6 minutes of silence during the match

https://twitter.com/RedPatchBoys/status/1644398578901688323

Nice touch from Nashville. God bless them those who died and may they rest in peace eternally.

Ultra & Proud
04-07-2023, 05:15 PM
Sounded to me more like he didn’t think Shaff was a good fit and that he likes him better in Nashville where they do simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.
Since we can't generate chances lately maybe we should be doing simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.

MDH
04-07-2023, 05:32 PM
Since we can't generate chances lately maybe we should be doing simple, more direct counter attacking stuff.

I love ya but do our counter attacks seem complicated? We do very simple, direct stuff and it works enough to get us a draw.

los sonadores
04-07-2023, 06:36 PM

This is going to be an interesting match especially in the sense that Nashville, in its brief history, plays it pretty simple and Bradley’s teams haven’t, especially.

Definite chance that Shaff is going to be a menace to us on the counter.

I’d much rather see the match up with Insigne and Diomande on the field. That would be quite different I think but otherwise it’s probably one to see what our coach does to find a point on the road.

OgtheDim
04-07-2023, 09:02 PM

"Jacob's best position is on the left"

"That's where they have him playing"

"Insigne is there"

"We tried him at LB to see if he could do that and he was showing some things but then got injured"

That was the gist I got out of the discussion.

Ultra & Proud
04-07-2023, 10:02 PM

"Insigne is there"

"We tried him at LB to see if he could do that and he was showing some things but then got injured"

One thing that should be said about Bob, he doesn't clutch players onto the team and let them rot as reserves. If their way is blocked by DPs, he let's them move on. No matter what, it's fair to the player and they'll notice it.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 01:44 AM
One thing that should be said about Bob, he doesn't clutch players onto the team and let them rot as reserves. If their way is blocked by DPs, he let's them move on. No matter what, it's fair to the player and they'll notice it.

I think he has very strong sense of what and who he wants to work with. At first it seemed like chaos because half the team didn’t interest him and then another third didn’t make the grade.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 02:01 AM

"Insigne is there"

I heard: Insigne was there and also we had other guys who could play that position. So we tried Shaff at LB but that didn’t quite work. And he’s doing well at Nashville who play a simple but effective style.

Okay, Insigne was there but we don’t have guys who can play there naturally except maybe Kerr who isn’t being played there. Why not keep Shaff as a natural winger back up and why try him at LB? I think because you don’t really like his game as a winger.

Maybe I’m reading in too much but that’s what the sequence of the answers suggested combined with the facts. I think that if you like Shaff’s game you keep him as an inexpensive back up and don’t try to convert him. I don’t think Bob can or should say any of this publicly but maybe he kind of does.

I think it was definitely to Shaff’s advantage. He’s starting and being used well on a good team.

CorrwgBach
04-08-2023, 05:59 AM
From what I’ve read Shaff did not like that end of bargain. Wants to play as much as possible and they worked this out for him. Good for him. He decided he was better then 15 mins a game and what was Bob supposed to do force him him to stay.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 06:25 AM
FWIW

Nashville vs Toronto FC
GEODIS Park (8:30PM ET)
REF: Guido Gonzales Jr
AR1: Jeremy Kieso
AR2: Diego Blas
4TH: Thomas Snyder
VAR: Sorin Stoica
AVAR: Jonathan Johnson

https://proreferees.com/roster/referees/guido-gonzales-jr/

Not the best & not the worse

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 12:25 PM
From what I’ve read Shaff did not like that end of bargain. Wants to play as much as possible and they worked this out for him. Good for him. He decided he was better then 15 mins a game and what was Bob supposed to do force him him to stay.

Shaff asked to be moved? This I hadn’t heard. Do you have a source for that?

barticusz
04-08-2023, 01:43 PM
Shaff asked to be moved? This I hadn’t heard. Do you have a source for that?

I dont' have the link handy but go on OneSoccer's youtube, there's an interview of Shaff earlier this season. He basically says that they mutually worked together to find a place for him to play much more regularly. They both knew it was the best thing for his development.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 03:45 PM
So it’s Apple TV only tonight. Anyone know which bars in Toronto have the match?

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 06:46 PM
After a couple week absence, I am finally able to watch a full game again. Let's get those lineups and a win.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 06:55 PM
Petretta back. VV out of the squad. Kerr and Ayo continue their mid off as starting striker.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1644849705313083393?s=20

Ultra & Proud
04-08-2023, 06:57 PM
How bad is Perruzza? Like seriously, he can't be Akinola bad. He deserves a run out at some point since there is no point in bringing Ayo off the bench.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:05 PM
I am just curious to know serious this illness it that has kept Guti out of training since he has arrived, would very much like to see what he has to offer on the pitch and in match, hopefully soon ( :

jloome
04-08-2023, 07:12 PM
How bad is Perruzza? Like seriously, he can't be Akinola bad. He deserves a run out at some point since there is no point in bringing Ayo off the bench.

How would we know? He's never been given a chance in competitive play.

He led USL II in scoring two seasons ago. He can't be that bad.

jloome
04-08-2023, 07:13 PM
I am just curious to know serious this illness it that has kept Guti out of training since he has arrived, would very much like to see what he has to offer on the pitch and in match, hopefully soon ( :

Bob talked about him losing weight from it and having to put that back on before he can train. That sounds fairly serious.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:20 PM
Bob talked about him losing weight from it and having to put that back on before he can train. That sounds fairly serious.

That sounds like something a long the lines of a virus, hope he is on an upswing. Wishing him the best.

benito
04-08-2023, 07:30 PM
Anyone having audio dropping off on the apple telecast?

nick.mastro
04-08-2023, 07:31 PM
Yeah I am. Pathetic

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:32 PM
Me too, accept for the ads

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:32 PM
It is in and out, hope they fix it.

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:33 PM
Almost TFC

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:33 PM

Ye-. At a oal by Bern---ski!

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:35 PM
Commercials today would lead you to believe that only mixed race couples get married these days

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:36 PM
Commercials today would lead you to believe that only mixed race couples get married these days

Bro. Does the content of the commercials really matter that much that you gotta make this comment?

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:38 PM
I am tired of having political correctness shoved down my throat.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:38 PM
Hedges looked super woozy there.

benito
04-08-2023, 07:40 PM
This stadium feels like a properly designed version of BMO field.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
04-08-2023, 07:41 PM
Same issue here with the audio. Brutal.

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 07:41 PM

If seeing mixed race people on television is so offensive it makes you angry the problem may not be with the ads

Spanish audio feed is working btw for those who would prefer consistent Spanish vs choppy English

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:42 PM

Than let's agree to leave the politics out of it. I can tell you and I have different political views, that doesn't mean we can't discuss the game of soccer. Let's just enjoy the awful audio.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 07:44 PM
Hmmm... Can't access the French

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 07:45 PM
Crowd is doing 6 minutes of quiet

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:46 PM
Kaye playing super deep in the first 10 minutes. Sitting way behind MB.

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:47 PM
Corporations today are pushing this diversity and inclusion narrative to demonstrate how progressive and caring they are. Yet they have no problems firing 500 people in one day and transferring their jobs to developing countries for slave labour wages. They care about their employees only to the extent that it doesn't impact the bottom line.

My issue is with corporate greed and hypocrisy.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 07:50 PM
Crowd is doing 6 minutes of quiet

An important message has to be sent after 6 including three kids were murdered at school. Also two democrat state representatives were expelled by the redneck held republican state house, a total disgrace.
https://media.cnn.com/api/v1/images/stellar/prod/230407110131-justin-jones-justin-pearson-tennessee-house-expulsion-whats-next.jpg?c=original

JoesphNdo
Corporations today are pushing this diversity and inclusion narrative to demonstrate how progressive and caring they are. Yet they have no problems firing 500 people in one day and transferring their jobs to developing countries for slave labour wages. They care about their employees only to the extent that it doesn't impact the bottom line.

My issue is with corporate greed and hypocrisy.

And yet the part that got you angry out of all that was seeing mixed race people on your tv. I know this is off topic and if it's an infraction that's fair but - get the fuck away with that shit.

OgtheDim
Bradley passing...

DinamoTFC
04-08-2023, 07:51 PM
Yea me too I just came on here to check the same. It's terrible.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 07:52 PM
Even the French audio keeps dipping. This is awful.

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 07:53 PM
Even the French audio keeps dipping. This is awful.

Spanish is fine so at least there is a consistent audio feed, the audio dropping was killing me

DinamoTFC
04-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Mine only offers English or French. French same issue. How do you get Spanish?

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 07:56 PM
Mine only offers English or French. French same issue. How do you get Spanish?

Weird, I don't have French but Spanish is just there as a second audio option. I'm on the Chromecast with Google tv, so android, maybe that's it? Either that or it thinks I'm in the states?

tfcocd
04-08-2023, 07:57 PM
The dropped audio absolutely driving me bonkers!

benito
04-08-2023, 07:57 PM
I was able to change to Spanish at the start screen for the game and not in the telecast.

I am on an Apple TV device too

DinamoTFC
04-08-2023, 08:01 PM
Weird, I don't have French but Spanish is just there as a second audio option. I'm on the Chromecast with Google tv, so android, maybe that's it? Either that or it thinks I'm in the states?

Maybe it thinks you're in the states. Im using apple tv from my Rogers tv.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 08:03 PM
Huge block from Lovitz - fantastic chance for the Reds though

LCD Eindhoven

Ah man, that really sucks, that’s gotta be so hard for you man. Hope you’re doing ok.

MikeForbes
I only have French and English as options.

OgtheDim
Running Roku - Spanish only available going down from the match start page to the how to watch icon at the bottom then double pressing on that

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 08:04 PM
Maybe it thinks you're in the states. Im using apple tv from my Rogers tv.

I think Benito has it, this app is so weirdly designed

If you try change audio in the feed, you'll see English and French..but exit the game and go back on, on the screen that lets you join live or start from the beginning there's an audio option and that one contains English and Spanish

Don't ask me why. For a company known for world class design the UX on this app is downright bonkers it's so bad at times. It's like it was laid out by an intern

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 08:04 PM
And yet the part that got you angry out of all that was seeing mixed race people on your tv. I know this is off topic and if it's an infraction that's fair but - get the fuck away with that shit.

Well then you are wrong if you assumed that. Anyway enough said about that.

Freakanomics podcast did a story several months ago about how Starbucks fired a whole group employees who tried to start a union. Worth a listen if you are interested. This is what I am talking about.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 08:05 PM
Only English and Spanish for me. Thought there might be a Nashville hometown feed too like Wheels does for games at BMO but no dice on that either. This audio sucks

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 08:06 PM
Well then you are wrong if you assumed that. Anyway enough said about that.

Freakanomics podcast did a story several months ago about how Starbucks fired a whole group employees who tried to start a union. Worth a listen if you are interested. This is what I am talking about.

You weren't talking about jack shit to do with unions,.you were ranting because you were trigged by seeing mixed race people on your tv like being reminded they exist is political correctness being shoved down your throat. Don't try to turn it into some cry about workers right. Get absolutely fucked.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:06 PM
Wondering if the season seat holder free offer is hardwired to the US.

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 08:07 PM
You weren't talking about jack shit to do with unions,.you were ranting because you were trigged by seeing mixed race people on your tv like being reminded they exist is political correctness being shoved down your throat. Don't try to turn it into some cry about workers right. Get absolutely fucked.

Let's try and be civil.

Valdal
04-08-2023, 08:08 PM
Anyone have a good quality stream?

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:08 PM
https://twitter.com/LeachCityNewsTO/status/1644862343837351937?t=59S2zOO1xvPnztAj9Ipq-Q&s=19

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:10 PM
That looks ugly on replay

Auzzy
04-08-2023, 08:10 PM
Let's try and be civil.

Just zip it bud, OK? You started with the irrelevant BS. It ends here.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 08:12 PM
https://twitter.com/LeachCityNewsTO/status/1644862343837351937?t=59S2zOO1xvPnztAj9Ipq-Q&s=19

Can we not use the hometown feed on Apple?

Auzzy
04-08-2023, 08:13 PM
I may be jinxing it, but the audio finally seems better? We had it on silent most of the time, this is the first time I checked in that it seems better.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 08:13 PM
I may be jinxing it, but the audio finally seems better? We had it on silent most of the time, this is the first time I checked in that it seems better.

Hasn't dropped for 5 or 6 minutes, definitely seems better

benito
04-08-2023, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the update

Slick
04-08-2023, 08:19 PM
MAK having a better game

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:22 PM
Forgot that Nashville fouls to stop the flow of games.

Ultra & Proud
04-08-2023, 08:23 PM
Bradley looking rough today. Good game to get him out and get Coello in there. I know it won't happen but still.

tfcocd
04-08-2023, 08:23 PM
Hallelujah seems to be fixed . Not the most exciting game! Little chippy but very few chances except that lovitz intercept on Kaye.

Guess you could say solid road game. Would like to see a few more chances created here.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 08:24 PM
Hallelujah seems to be fixed . Not the most exciting game! Little chippy but very few chances except that lovitz intercept on Kaye.

Guess you could say solid road game. Would like to see a few more chances created here.

fact that it's not a particularly heinous game from the possession and shots-against perspective is a huge plus for us.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:27 PM
This is Nashville's sort of game.

NK Toronto
04-08-2023, 08:28 PM
For those that were offended by my earlier comments I would like to apologize. I was trying to make a point about something but I can see how my comments could be offensive. For the record I am part of a multi ethnic multi faith blended family.

Going forward I will keep my comments focused on football only.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 08:30 PM
No player has been particularly good. No player has been particularly bad. Just been a completely average half of soccer.

jloome
04-08-2023, 08:32 PM
This is Nashville's sort of game.

I think we’ve managed it really well.

Very disciplined half but not much going forward. Oso had a bit of a poor half. Kerr is not a target man, can’t judge balls in the air.

Who gets sent off first, Picault or Petretta?

Amir.
04-08-2023, 08:34 PM
nothing special either side...this is a good time to start getting stronger in the second half...smells like at least one point hopefully no breakdown

Yuushalinsky
I think we’ve managed it really well.

Very disciplined half but not much going forward. Oso had a bit of a poor half. Kerr is not a target man, can’t judge balls in the air.

Who gets sent off first, Picault or Petretta?

I think to note, this is our first match of really really solid possession and good decisions passing. Need that striker sooner rather than later...

JoesphNdo
I know this is Nashvilles kind of game in theory but a half that boring and forgettable on the road? I'll take it. I think we're the far happier changing room right now. We've managed the game so far, some basic individual errors aside

This is also the kind of nothing game that Berna can just smash one in out of nowhere and steal us 3 points. Uneventful games with fire power like that aren't a disaster for us at all

tfcocd
04-08-2023, 08:42 PM
I know this is Nashvilles kind of game in theory but a half that boring and forgettable on the road? I'll take it. I think we're the far happier changing room right now. We've managed the game so far, some basic individual errors aside

This is also the kind of nothing game that Berna can just smash one in out of nowhere and steal us 3 points. Uneventful games with fire power like that aren't a disaster for us at all

Totally agree, this game is there to be taken. Out possessing them starting to show more intention at the end of the half. Ripe for a smash and grab from berna most likely. Or maybe Oso or Laryea get involved and help nick one here.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 08:44 PM
MacNaughton getting involved today - interesting.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 08:45 PM
This is a test of the defensive coaching.

Luanda
04-08-2023, 08:48 PM
https://www.sawlive.tv/watch/8589998899848393879983c3d6c0ddb9c5cacbd1c6.html

no commentary, just sound from the stadium..but otherwise not bad.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 08:48 PM
Gotta think Hedges is feeling some symptoms from that headshot earlier.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 09:01 PM
Does anyone feel that TFC just has not figured it out so far, its a weird game.

Amir.
04-08-2023, 09:03 PM
bradley acting faster with a double sub at the 63rd...interesting...hopefully it will be positive

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:03 PM
Bad place to give up a FK

Auzzy
04-08-2023, 09:04 PM
For those that were offended by my earlier comments I would like to apologize. I was trying to make a point about something but I can see how my comments could be offensive. For the record I am part of a multi ethnic multi faith blended family.

Going forward I will keep my comments focused on football only.

:grouphug:

Ref has been decent IMO, especially compared to last week.

The Hedges injury worries me.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:07 PM
so

can we talk about how much Alonso looks like Charlie Sheen yet

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:07 PM
Berna isolated & not getting the ball this half.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:14 PM
Berna isolated & not getting the ball this half.
Just as we say this, looks like our boys are coming alive

notthesun
04-08-2023, 09:18 PM
Akinola's movement needs so much work... that counter with Berna leading to the Laryea chance, watch Akinola when Berna is carrying the ball forward, he's cutting to his right just ball watching and following Berna, he's not giving himself any space. If he splits off and makes a straight run/fades on the left hand side he probably gets played in straight through on goal.

Red CB Toronto
04-08-2023, 09:18 PM
This is getting chippy.

glaze
04-08-2023, 09:19 PM
Bernadeschi is miles ahead of anyone else on the pitch

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:20 PM
DAMN

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:24 PM
Chaos minutes time

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:27 PM
we should be taking away the right lessons here - namely, that the offense will probably come with the Bob ideal run of play and that Toronto is a pretty nightmare matchup for Nashville when we're on

Section 223
04-08-2023, 09:28 PM
Bradley looking rough today. Good game to get him out and get Coello in there. I know it won't happen but still.
Teo Bunbury just blew by Michael, Richie with the great play to spare the captains blush’s

Section 223
04-08-2023, 09:30 PM
Sidenote, this team would be unwatchable without Bernadeschi

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:31 PM

have you considered saying anything of value and not just the first negative thing that comes up to try to sound smart?

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:31 PM
Take it

Bushmancan
04-08-2023, 09:32 PM
That was not a start the car, that was a good road game... very dicey in the first 20 minutes. But the game grew on TFC. Coello can pass.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 09:32 PM
That sure was a game that happened.

Canary10
04-08-2023, 09:33 PM

It must suck to take so much pleasure in finding fault with your team.

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 09:33 PM
Great game, managed it perfectly. We win that more often than we lose it. Berna man of the match

However, and I know he has his own thread, Michael Bradley was very poor today and made alot of individual errors. Not hanging him out to dry, everyone has bad games. But the fact that he continues to be beyond reproach and cannot be subbed continues to be a huge issue

Also Ayo is such an enigma to me. I see all the issues, I do, but I can't help but think our attack looks most coherent when he's on the pitch vs any of our other options

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:34 PM
Solid game by everyone - we really should have come away with at least one goal but not giving one up and seeing the chances we've generated should leave the team feeling good coming back into Toronto. Kaye's a real stand-out today, strong on the ball and really making the right decisions. Coello in for Bradley would have been my only different change, I think Servania didn't need a swap-off but Bradley did.

Amir.
a point away from home vs a solid team + no second half breakdown and we had the better chances and still undefeated after the first game...solid work and on to the next one

Slick

And if Toronto scored one goal, they would've won

jloome
04-08-2023, 09:35 PM
Take it

Can’t complain. I think we were marginally better.

If we had a striker today it would’ve made a difference. Kerr is good on the run but can’t put his head on the ball. Didn’t see much offensively from Ayo, although he was good going back.

Once again Coello making a difference.

Oso has had a rough start to the season. Not much touch around the box right now. Maybe coming in from the left affects how he sees things on the turn a little.

DinamoTFC
04-08-2023, 09:35 PM
If we had a half decent striker we'd have at least 3 more wins. This is the most pressing need at the moment.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 09:38 PM
Kaye was much better tonight. Rosted is a rock at the backend. Ayo being given that u-22 spot after tearing his ACL still baffles me though.

Yuushalinsky
04-08-2023, 09:38 PM
pretty much: we plug in a DP striker, I think we're humming. Servania and Coello really solidify the midfield, and that backline is great now.

FiveThreeTwo
04-08-2023, 09:39 PM
Good road point against a team that's definitely no slouch.

Positives me for are that even tho our attack and final 3rd is still a work in progress, we are very much getting organized and getting some consistancy in the back and teams aren't getting as many quality chances as they used to. We subbed hedges off at half, it was Lukas and Rosted and we were really able to remain a rock and steady. That's a good foundation to build on if Insigne can get back into the lineup when he can, and assuming we find some striker/9 options next window. Being able to cycle rosted, hedges, lukas at the back while having johnson back there to calm things down is a really nice thing to have. I'd like to see a final 30 minutes one game where servania, mb4, alonso and oso are together while Insigne is recouping'.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:40 PM
McNaughton didn't look out of place...this is a good sign.

JoesphNdo
04-08-2023, 09:42 PM
Even without touching a dp striker, get insigne fit and firing and our attack will look ten times better. Having a foundation of a great keeper and a sound back four is really nice when you have the DPs we have

Oldtimer
04-08-2023, 09:48 PM
It must suck to take so much pleasure in finding fault with your team.

His team is Montreal.

OgtheDim
04-08-2023, 09:48 PM
This team is a work in progress still...

Canary10
04-08-2023, 09:52 PM
His team is Montreal.

Oh yeah. Sir Joey.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 09:54 PM
Once I sorted apple tv about halfway through the first half and began watching I thought we looked good. We made the necessary adjustments and got better and better. I like our midfield with Kaye and Coello. Osorio is not a winger. Macnaughten (sic) and Rosted quickly found a safe balance but I really hope Hedges isn’t serious.

We could have won that one on merit and with a decent striker probably would have.

mowe
04-08-2023, 09:56 PM
I see some positive signs. Keeper/back line are night and day compared to last year. Midfield starting to build some cohesion. Coello is class.

Can’t wait until Insigne comes back. Even without a real 9 I think we’ll score a bunch of goals.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 09:57 PM
Also, it’s good to have a solid keeper back there. Watching Toronto now because of it is a whole other thing. We’ve got as many clean sheets already as we did all of last season.

Good game from Layrea.

DinamoTFC
04-08-2023, 09:59 PM
If we're extremely tight to the cap as they say and we need to get Osorio salary below DP level in order to get a DP striker or any decent striker. So it seems we need to shed some players for cap relief?

Options are: Akinola, Osorio only to open up Tam dollars, who else ?

Can we still do the 3 young DPs if Osorio is out of third DP position?

If we lose Richie in summer we're terribly weaker on right side but we can hold off on that convo for now.

Oldtimer
04-08-2023, 10:02 PM
Thoughts:

Nashville play a terrible anti-football, as boring as can be. They are basically focusing on defence and hoping for a mistake instead of being creative. Their keeper is quite good and Muktar was causing problems, but still b-o-r-i-n-g.

I don't see why the announcers like Akinola so much, he's pretty mediocre. It seems more than just coming back from injury, his decision making is suspect.

Berna is really such a fun player to watch.

Nashville supporters don't create much atmosphere. As boring as their team.

One thing that not many notice is that MAK has greatly improved over the last few games. He's not losing the ball as, much and his passing is better.

0-0 was a fair score.

MikeForbes
04-08-2023, 10:07 PM
If we're extremely tight to the cap as they say and we need to get Osorio salary below DP level in order to get a DP striker or any decent striker. So it seems we need to shed some players for cap relief?

Options are: Akinola, Osorio only to open up Tam dollars, who else ?

Can we still do the 3 young DPs if Osorio is out of third DP position?

If we lose Richie in summer we're terribly weaker on right side but we can hold off on that convo for now.

The whole summer window seemingly revolves around Richie. We either pay a transfer fee to Nottingham and likely make Richie our third DP for the rest of this year or we let him go and open up some cap room to allow Oso to move into that TAM area and get a DP striker.

Canary10
04-08-2023, 10:14 PM
The game was there for the taking but a point away at Nashville is a decent result. Defense is so much better than last year. Going forward we still look disorganized. Do we practice rotations or anything at all? It always looks so ad libbed.

los sonadores
04-08-2023, 10:17 PM
Thoughts:

Nashville play a terrible anti-football, as boring as can be. They are basically focusing on defence and hoping for a mistake instead of being creative. Their keeper is quite good and Muktar was causing problems, but still b-o-r-i-n-g.

I don't see why the announcers like Akinola so much, he's pretty mediocre. It seems more than just coming back from injury, his decision making is suspect.

Berna is really such a fun player to watch.

Nashville supporters don't create much atmosphere. As boring as their team.

One thing that not many notice is that MAK has greatly improved over the last few games. He's not losing the ball as, much and his passing is better.

0-0 was a fair score.

MAK looked really good I thought and he and Coello worked well together smartly getting higher up the pitch.

That Muktar (and Shaff) didn’t cause more trouble had to do with us, more or less. We came into the game well.

Good weather for football and a good pitch help us look better. We’re not made to play snow bowls.

James17930
04-09-2023, 02:35 AM
We are very competent. We do everything well.

We need to be more dynamic. But still a good road result.

Hala Hrvatska
04-09-2023, 06:00 AM
Would rather the three points, but without Insigne, a road point will do. On we go.

ensco
04-09-2023, 06:58 AM
Kaye playing super deep in the first 10 minutes. Sitting way behind MB.

So, having watched only the highlights… this caught my eye.

MB made two brutal giveaways on outlet passes off possession changes, in the 11th and 13th minute, that both should have led to Nashville goals. He looked just like Kaye has looked in multiple games.

Which makes me think Bob has to rethink this part of his scheme. The search for the lightning strike in transition is not working for this personnel group.

Hala Hrvatska
04-09-2023, 07:01 AM

MB made two brutal giveaways on outlet passes off possession changes, in the 11th and 13th minute, that both should have led to Nashville goals. He looked just like Kaye has looked in multiple games.

Which makes me think Bob has to rethink this part of his scheme. The search for the lightning strike in transition is not working for this personnel group.

yup, another 90 minutes as well...but I am coming to terms with it, BB will never take his son off...no matter what.

As for Insigne, when do we expect him back? It will take quite a while to get into game shape as well...so we won't see Insigne at his best for quite some time...just hoping we can get some wins before he comes.

A draw while not bad on the road, is still another 2 points lost....we need wins.

ensco
04-09-2023, 07:02 AM
We are very competent. We do everything well.

We need to be more dynamic. But still a good road result.

This feels like the right take. Nashville isn’t San Jose. That is a good team.

wopchop
04-09-2023, 07:20 AM
Thoughts:

No kidding, this seems to happen every game, and I don't understand it. His goal record does not support this at all

khso11
04-09-2023, 07:23 AM
Kaye played well and looked alive today. A lot of passes connected, forward plays, and movements. Hopefully he can be consistently like this.

Coello’s passing is exceptional and accurate. We should know more about his skills, vision, and tactical awareness when he gets more playtime, but it seems like he can spot out and deliver passes at wide ranges. He might need to work on his defensive positioning and physical ability overtime and he will be a well-rounded midfielder. He’s an exciting player because the potential is there. Can’t wait to see him more on the field.

1 point isn’t too bad away, I’ll take that. But we need to find ways to get 3 points, especially at home. We won’t move up the table like this.

nick.mastro
04-09-2023, 07:41 AM
Another clean sheet and on the road, I’ll take it ! Add Insigne on the pitch, could’ve been 3 points

jloome
04-09-2023, 08:53 AM

The entire midfield had trouble with it for 20 mins.

The quick touch stuff is risky as a buildup strategy. When it works, they overrun the cover and we get a break. But it gets coughed up way too often.

ManUtd4ever
04-09-2023, 08:57 AM
I was pleased with the effort last night. We were well organized defensively for the most part and we could have easily had 1-2 goals in the second half. We just need to start converting some of these draws into victories.

Yuushalinsky
04-09-2023, 09:15 AM
The entire midfield had trouble with it for 20 mins.

The quick touch stuff is risky as a buildup strategy. When it works, they overrun the cover and we get a break. But it gets coughed up way too often.

How much of that is that we're now okay with 'coughing' it up given that we seem to be winning the ball back more often and in better defensive positions more often than in the past?

Something that's become a trend is that we have one of the highest tackle %ages in the league and are in the top quartile in tackles not in the attacking 3rd. We've made the most clearances and are one of 10 teams not to gaffe one this year. I'm going to say it: Bob was right, our defense has been fixed.

JoesphNdo
04-09-2023, 09:21 AM
There's no way coughing up possession outside our own box and hoping they don't score is part of any game plan. But yes, our defence can cover so much better now

Yuushalinsky
04-09-2023, 09:29 AM
There's no way coughing up possession outside our own box and hoping they don't score is part of any game plan. But yes, our defence can cover so much better now

I don't think we are though - for as 'good' as our aerial is supposed to be (which I think would be indicative of that pray we don't give up goals on crosses anymore playstyle), we take like the 3rd least aerial duels in the league. We're not just not coughing up possession anymore (that 28% possession game in Atlanta drags down our 49.1% average this year a lot), it's reflected in our passing short and medium.

It's simply a factor of both - we're both not giving up the ball and more tenacious when we don't have it.

JoesphNdo
04-09-2023, 09:32 AM
We gave up maybe three pretty big breakaways that Nashville could have scored from by passing to them in a dangerous area. I am not buying any numbers that says we're not coughing up possession anymore. We might not be doing it alot, but we are doing it in dangerous enough areas which is far worse than consistently turning it over in the final third. A better team scores off at least one of those turnovers yesterday. That isn't part of a game plan and isn't something that just isn't happening, it's something we need to (and I'll assume are) work on as we can't keep getting away with it, better teams will punish us

It's a solvable problem, it may even be something we never see again, but we can't pretend we didn't all see it yesterday

Yuushalinsky
04-09-2023, 09:33 AM
Now, our progressive passing is dogwater and we certainly are one of the most set-piece heavy teams in the league, but we're also playing with placeholders at striker.

Ultra & Proud
04-09-2023, 10:22 AM
We gave up maybe three pretty big breakaways that Nashville could have scored from by passing to them in a dangerous area. I am not buying any numbers that says we're not coughing up possession anymore. We might not be doing it alot, but we are doing it in dangerous enough areas which is far worse than consistently turning it over in the final third. A better team scores off at least one of those turnovers yesterday.

But we're creating as many as we give up and that's kind of MLS for you. Usually the absolute best teams can't play perfect matches consistently so it's about minimizing damage off poor play/giveaways. ATM we're doing that decently and that's more than we could say in a few years.

JoesphNdo
04-09-2023, 10:56 AM
But we're creating as many as we give up and that's kind of MLS for you. Usually the absolute best teams can't play perfect matches consistently so it's about minimizing damage off poor play/giveaways. ATM we're doing that decently and that's more than we could say in a few years.

Unfortunately, the first part there just isn't true over the season so far. Our xG per 90 is .91, our xG against per 90 is 1.48. That's the 4th worst differential in the league so far - MLS xG (Expected Goals) | FootyStats (https://footystats.org/usa/mls/xg). So we are just not minimizing damage or gaining more from attack than we're losing so far

Now, I haven't seen xG for last night but I'd be shocked if we didn't outperform Nashville, so it certainly was true last night. But overall, we are definitely not executing a gameplan that is creating as much as we're giving up, we're very far from that and likely actually overshooting our performance with our points earned so far (in other words, we've been a bit lucky to gain the points we've gotten, we're 9th highest on over performance of xG so far which can be misleading but that's definitely in line with my 'eye test' assessment too)

Basically this team has problems but they are solvable (And some of the own half turnover stuff perhaps somewhat excusable, if you're being kind, with a pretty new team still gelling) and Insigine coming back will change things completely, but we have to be realistic about what we've seen so far.

rydermike
04-09-2023, 11:30 AM
What I was happy to see was Bob willing to go to the bench at 60 minutes (not counting the McNaughton at half since that was a forced change compared to an adjustment sub) rather than waiting until 80th or so or not at all being locked into his original XI. Would've liked Sevania to stay, but at least he's willing to go earlier now. (Granted it does seem like he's a bit locked into his subs and it's always Sevania + Kerr/Akinola who come off, while the rest stay on every game)

jloome
04-09-2023, 02:28 PM
Unfortunately, the first part there just isn't true over the season so far. Our xG per 90 is .91, our xG against per 90 is 1.48. That's the 4th worst differential in the league so far - MLS xG (Expected Goals) | FootyStats (https://footystats.org/usa/mls/xg). So we are just not minimizing damage or gaining more from attack than we're losing so far

Now, I haven't seen xG for last night but I'd be shocked if we didn't outperform Nashville, so it certainly was true last night. But overall, we are definitely not executing a gameplan that is creating as much as we're giving up, we're very far from that and likely actually overshooting our performance with our points earned so far (in other words, we've been a bit lucky to gain the points we've gotten, we're 9th highest on over performance of xG so far which can be misleading but that's definitely in line with my 'eye test' assessment too)

Basically this team has problems but they are solvable (And some of the own half turnover stuff perhaps somewhat excusable, if you're being kind, with a pretty new team still gelling) and Insigine coming back will change things completely, but we have to be realistic about what we've seen so far.

I think it's kind of telling that even though we're trying to setup in their end, most of our run-of-play chances are coming in transition.

Ultra & Proud
04-09-2023, 02:56 PM

I wasn't referring to XG. I was referring to creating turnovers as was mentioned in the post I responded to.

los sonadores
04-09-2023, 08:00 PM
I watched the part of the first half I’d missed live and came away less impressed. However, basically I’m encouraged. Previously, in the matches I saw, it wasn’t possible to play as we did in Nashville: to play to not make mistakes, to play with care while also playing still higher, getting better as the match progressed.

Yes, it’s MLS, there will be mistakes and even glaring mistakes but overall we seemed to play within ourselves. I think we’ll be less ragged in the final third when we have guys playing there who belong there. But even so, over the course of the match, we sorted out a way of making Bernie count.

Not only a clean sheet on the road but that clean sheet didn’t look much in doubt toward the end of the match. We had 60% of the possession, and were unlucky not to score in the last ten minutes. Willis was hot and made some good saves.

los sonadores
04-09-2023, 08:20 PM

MB didn’t have a good match but his mistakes seemed to come in clusters. Interestingly, when Coello was subbed on, he played more as a 6 briefly with MB playing higher and things were quite secure. I think this is a valuable configuration to use on occasion. If Coello continues to play well and MAK plays as he did last night I can see the case for a somewhat fluid and interchanging midfield 3. Micheal was never really a 6 and his offensive stats are still excellent.

OgtheDim
04-09-2023, 09:51 PM
Nashville coach whining about an offside call that Apple + didn't think was even worth being part of the replays...Nashville didn't score on the play.

All you need to know about their manager.

OgtheDim
04-10-2023, 10:30 AM
Just to help me dry the tears that I've cried

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXscQ42JzoU&ab_channel=DANNY%27SMUSICPLAYL ISTS

Have at It People

(kudos to the person who first figures out why I picked this song)

SO...why this song?

Because against Nashville, the first goal (cut) usually wins

CBTFC
04-11-2023, 07:14 AM
MAK with a pass completion rate of 96.2%, that was the highest of ANY player to attempt at least 110 passes in an MLS match since 2010.

If I was him, I would be doing the fingers in ears and eyes closed celebration towards the haters right now ;)

Yuushalinsky
04-11-2023, 08:11 AM
MAK with a pass completion rate of 96.2%, that was the highest of ANY player to attempt at least 110 passes in an MLS match since 2010.

If I was him, I would be doing the fingers in ears and eyes closed celebration towards the haters right now ;)

As a certified 'hater', if he can keep up this rate of play, it'll shut a lot of us up but we know that's the problem. We know he's good, we know he's got the potential, but we also know that for every 96%, there's games where he has like 8 unforced errors, with 4 of them being very noticeable on TV.

Oldtimer
04-11-2023, 09:51 AM
As a certified 'hater', if he can keep up this rate of play, it'll shut a lot of us up but we know that's the problem. We know he's good, we know he's got the potential, but we also know that for every 96%, there's games where he has like 8 unforced errors, with 4 of them being very noticeable on TV.

He has looked better the last few games. Here's hoping it continues.

Ultra & Proud
04-11-2023, 10:17 AM
The thing is Bernardeschi is coughing up unforced errors at about the same rate as MAK does when he is off his game and they're just as bad/noticible but he gets a pass. Realistically, pretty much everyone has looked bad at some point in this regard. Osorio has had some real ugly moments for sure.

The hater criteria isn't always based on actualities here. MAK will always have haters as we moved Priso for him & paid $1M in GAM. I expect him to 100% take over the MB rage for being total shit when MB retires no matter how good MAK plays from now on.

JoesphNdo
04-11-2023, 10:24 AM
The thing is Bernardeschi is coughing up unforced errors at about the same rate as MAK does when he is off his game and they're just as bad/noticible but he gets a pass. Realistically, pretty much everyone has looked bad at some point in this regard. Osorio has had some real ugly moments for sure.

The hater criteria isn't always based on actualities here. MAK will always have haters as we moved Priso for him & paid $1M in GAM. I expect him to 100% take over the MB rage for being total shit when MB retires no matter how good MAK plays from now on.

I was down on MAK and also was impressed by the Nashville eprformance and would love to see him keep it up

But this comparison doesn't make sense. You can't compare the amount of giveaways of two players and then say that makes them the same. An attacking, creative player who scores, assists and creates chances a at a higher rate than anyone on the team will naturally have turnovers. That's the nature of high risk:high reward play. A central mid fielder who is far less creative should not have the same amount of giveaways on square passes that aren't advancing the play, that's high risk:low reward. Messi gave the ball away much more than Busquets, that doesn't mean Busquets was a better player.

It's not that one 'gets a pass' because of some bias, it's that they're two completely different situations. MAK *was* turning over the ball cheaply and needlessly, and it was hugely detrimental to our play. Berna does it, too, but it's not needless and part of a strategy that gets us goals, they aren't the same thing

Now saying all that, MAK looked way better in that area recently so if all that's behind us then awesome, hopefully we can see that LAFC player we wanted to get in the trade

Ultra & Proud
04-11-2023, 10:33 AM
But this comparison doesn't make sense. You can't compare the amount of giveaways of two players and then say that makes them the same. An attacking, creative player who scores, assists and creates chances a at a higher rate than anyone on the team will naturally have turnovers. That's the nature of high risk:high reward play. A central mid fielder who is far less creative should not have the same amount of giveaways on square passes that aren't advancing the play, that's high risk:low reward. Messi gave the ball away much more than Busquets, that doesn't mean Busquets was a better player.

It's not that one 'gets a pass' because of some bias, it's that they're two completely different situations. MAK *was* turning over the ball cheaply and needlessly, and it was hugely detrimental to our play. Berna does it, too, but it's not needless and part of a strategy that gets us goals, they aren't the same thing

Half the time Bernadeschi coughs it up it's in the middle third as he has dropped back to get touches. He is giving it up cheaply in the exact same areas as MAK. I am not counting him working around the opponent's area, that stuff is tricky and expected to not come off. I am referring to plays like at Nashville when he made a seriously poor sideways pass near the centre line and just gave it away. He does track back hard for it when it happens but if he is dropping deep in midfield then the same rules apply for whoever is there because if it goes the other way for a goal against it doesn't matter if a winger or a CM gave it up, it's still a GA.

jloome
04-11-2023, 11:03 AM
Half the time Bernadeschi coughs it up it's in the middle third as he has dropped back to get touches. He is giving it up cheaply in the exact same areas as MAK. I am not counting him working around the opponent's area, that stuff is tricky and expected to not come off. I am referring to plays like at Nashville when he made a seriously poor sideways pass near the centre line and just gave it away. He does track back hard for it when it happens but if he is dropping deep in midfield then the same rules apply for whoever is there because if it goes the other way for a goal against it doesn't matter if a winger or a CM gave it up, it's still a GA.

He's great in the final third but detrimental defensively and in the buildup. We'd be better just playing him as a striker.

Yuushalinsky
04-11-2023, 11:58 AM

if he has to drop back to get touches, what would we say normally for a winger? He's being forced to play everywhere due to the inadequacy at striker, we know he's not supposed to be a CM. If he were a CM, we'd be concerned and rightfully so. Just like we are discussing with MAK.

Ultra & Proud
04-11-2023, 12:29 PM
if he has to drop back to get touches, what would we say normally for a winger? He's being forced to play everywhere due to the inadequacy at striker, we know he's not supposed to be a CM. If he were a CM, we'd be concerned and rightfully so. Just like we are discussing with MAK.
Him dropping back for touches is an issue with our system and also because he is triple teamed often since there aren't any other dangerous offensive weapons out there. He really doesn't have any choice if he wants to influence the match but that doesn't excuse him from poor passing. If the player puts himself in that area of the field then he is as responsible for his passing as everyone else because that's where counters happen fast.