PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 4 - Miami @ TFC Saturday March 18 7:39 pm - Its Like every Moment

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-13-2023, 10:18 AM
was an Attack

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KL7Hs-iIGOE&ab_channel=Vinil-Topic

Have at It People

NK Toronto
03-13-2023, 05:48 PM
Has anyone seen a post from LeedsandTFC recently? I don’t recall seeing a post from this person since the regular season started. I wonder why?

OgtheDim
03-13-2023, 07:07 PM
Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet the eye test.

e.g. I'd put that defensive lineup as better then we had in 2017 - more organized for sure. Our midfield has issues, but we knew that.

ag futbol
03-13-2023, 07:13 PM
Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet theeye test.

e.g. I'd put that defensive lineup as better then we had in 2017 - more organized for sure. Our midfield has issues, but we knew that.
Not to throw dirt but the flip side of that positivity was seeking out anyone who had a contrary viewpoint and making back-handed comments.

I agree with your point this board should be able to accommodate different perspectives.

MikeForbes
03-13-2023, 07:27 PM
I talk to LeedsandTFC on Twitter occasionally. He is a good guy. Zero reason to be happy he hasn't posted here lately.

OgtheDim
03-13-2023, 07:31 PM
Not to throw dirt but the flip side of that positivity was seeking out anyone who had a contrary viewpoint and making back-handed comments.

I agree with your point this board should be able to accommodate different perspectives.

:iagree:

Yup....but like most football forums, the amount of noise goes way up when we are not winning.

That, and Saturday was not fun to be at the game - wet, cold, windy & an awful second half with a frustrating lack of response.

TFC/Everton
03-13-2023, 07:50 PM
I watched Saturday's game again. Our attack completely transformed with Victor Vazquez on the pitch. Our best offensive sequences in the second half started with Victor.

At 36, he can't play 90 minutes, but we need him for whatever he can give right now. Could be play 60-70 minutes against Miami?

We need him.

Add Insigne and Victor to the starting XI and I believe we can turn the corner.

los sonadores
03-13-2023, 08:00 PM
:iagree:

Yup....but like most football forums, the amount of noise goes way up when we are not winning.

That, and Saturday was not fun to be at the game - wet, cold, windy & an awful second half with a frustrating lack of response.

All true. And the sky often falls here after a loss, no matter what. Two road games and a badly scheduled home opener is not much to go on. It’s not possible that we don’t improve. How much is the question. The main point of most commentary attempting to be objective was that we have little depth. Playing two kids with no MLS experience in a close home opener speaks right away to that. But there will be good nights at BMO to come this season. And frankly, this league is such that you can suck for 2/3rds of the season, get hot and win the cup. For me, I’d just like to see football nice enough to merit buying tickets.

los sonadores
03-13-2023, 08:05 PM
I watched Saturday's game again. Our attack completely transformed with Victor Vazquez on the pitch. Our best offensive sequences in the second half started with Victor.

At 36, he can't play 90 minutes, but we need him for whatever he can give right now. Could be play 60-70 minutes against Miami?

We need him.

Add Insigne and Victor to the starting XI and I believe we can turn the corner.

Victor was the only one later in that half playing smart forward balls and he set up Berne once or twice. We actually could have got the 2nd because of him. It was too bad they scored just after he came on. And I think VV for Servania was not the right sub. However, if we can find a way to get him onto the pitch he’s going help us keep possession and get chances.

NK Toronto
03-13-2023, 08:41 PM
Hmm...gloating over somebody who was positive not being here when the team is not getting results seems a little harsh. With some variance, you can pretty much chart who posts when the team is not doing well - I tend to block most of the consistent "we are awful" types because their opinions don't meet the eye test.

Not gloating at all just wondering why he stopped posting. If you recall there was some speculation that he was linked to the club in some form rather than being just a typical fan.

Hey I want the team to win too. I kept checking the app after the game hoping that the post game interviews would be uploaded but nothing until Sunday but only with BB, no players.

los sonadores
03-13-2023, 09:11 PM
Not gloating at all just wondering why he stopped posting. If you recall there was some speculation that he was linked to the club in some form rather than being just a typical fan.

Hey I want the team to win too. I kept checking the app after the game hoping that the post game interviews would be uploaded but nothing until Sunday but only with BB, no players.

Hah, stridently upbeat on this forum brings suspicions of being a spy. That’s a little bit too telling about what happens on the internet. I only wish management was so deeply engaged that they’d hire someone to post upbeat stuff here all the time. But joking aside, there have been TFC employees who have posted here quite openly. Maybe that was in the more innocent, less PR = professional social media days.

los sonadores
03-13-2023, 10:52 PM
Back to the upcoming match:

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/inter-miami-captain-gregore-out-indefinitely-with-foot-injury

gracos
03-14-2023, 01:45 AM
as long as the boys continue to improve this should be a good game to start gelling, i hope Insigne is back as he was training with the team last week, even if on the bench, maybe come on as a sub and i hope we can get our first W of many

Yuushalinsky
03-14-2023, 07:45 AM
So far, I'm still very much trying to understand why our passing percentages are so piss poor. Last two matches may have been an exaggeration but fuck me, 74% completion is not what you want.

Eye test says Kaye has been on the receiving or delivering end a lot. But something tells me it's team/philosophy-wide.

SenorDingDong
03-14-2023, 09:02 AM
Victor was the only one later in that half playing smart forward balls and he set up Berne once or twice. We actually could have got the 2nd because of him. It was too bad they scored just after he came on. And I think VV for Servania was not the right sub. However, if we can find a way to get him onto the pitch he’s going help us keep possession and get chances.

Should have been VV for Osorio.

Servania had an excellent match and is our only source of pace / speed in midfield.

Kamp Berg
03-14-2023, 09:02 AM
So far, I'm still very much trying to understand why our passing percentages are so piss poor. Last two matches may have been an exaggeration but fuck me, 74% completion is not what you want.

Eye test says Kaye has been on the receiving or delivering end a lot. But something tells me it's team/philosophy-wide.

It is hard to understand. You would think players that have been together and playing the same system since last summer would at least have a base to work off of. Instead, it’s like everyone is new this year. As posted previously by Og, I think, the new defence seems the most familiar already.

Hala Hrvatska
03-14-2023, 09:43 AM
Insigne playing in this one?

Bottom line, is already at game four, truly a must win.

Canary10
03-14-2023, 10:36 AM
Insigne playing in this one?

Bottom line, is already at game four, truly a must win.

I wouldn't be surprised if he was pulled out of the lineup Saturday due to sub-zero temperatures. Seems like his injury is muscle related, and there's a big risk to those kinds of injuries in colder weather. Unfortunately looks to be below zero again Saturday in the the early weather forecasts.

MikeForbes
03-14-2023, 12:12 PM
Insigne out for the next 3-4 matches per the usual journos.

TheGoodson
03-14-2023, 12:15 PM
He’s cooked.. I’d be surprised if he finishes the year let alone the contract

SenorDingDong
03-14-2023, 12:18 PM
Insigne out for the next 3-4 matches per the usual journos.

Someone else really needs to step up.

TheGoodson
03-14-2023, 12:19 PM
https://twitter.com/michaelsingh94/status/1635688564821196800?s=46&t=Jf0lK2uzXRYnWn9uKQWsDg

JoesphNdo
03-14-2023, 12:27 PM

He's a player with a pretty consistent record of playing between 40-50 games a season with one injury, I think speculating on his demise is...a little premature

Leaves us in a very tough spot for Saturday. That'll be a real test now. Miami are, I think, a little worse than their results would imply and this team can beat them. I wouldn't be shocked to get a win here, despite everything. I'm more interested in the performance tbh. I'd take an unlucky draw or even a loss but with the team showing what it could do vs a lucky win, I mainly want signs of life at this stage.

SenorDingDong
03-14-2023, 12:31 PM
He's a player with a pretty consistent record of playing between 40-50 games a season with one injury, I think speculating on his demise is...a little premature

Leaves us in a very tough spot for Saturday. That'll be a real test now. Miami are, I think, a little worse than their results would imply and this team can beat them. I wouldn't be shocked to get a win here, despite everything. I'm more interested in the performance tbh. I'd take an unlucky draw or even a loss but with the team showing what it could do vs a lucky win, I mainly want signs of life at this stage.

Miami lost their DP and Captain to injury for the season - could be worse with Insigne.

I assume we line up same as first half against Columbus?

I'm assuming Akinola and Diomande are still toast?

Canary10
03-14-2023, 12:46 PM

I don't want to go here yet. If he's still borderline seems crazy to rush him back into these bad playing conditions. That's my optimistic take.

Ultra & Proud
03-14-2023, 01:38 PM
I'm assuming Akinola and Diomande are still toast?

Akinola back in training so we're all good Saturday. Maybe he was the missing piece to make the offense work.

jloome
03-14-2023, 02:53 PM
Miami's defensive midfielder Gregore is out for surgery, apparently.

barticusz
03-14-2023, 04:19 PM
I'm just hopeful Petratta is not injured.

With the acquisition of Gutierrez, do we see Petratta move up to Insigne's role and Guti playing as the left back? Leave Franklin as the emergency sub.

Mr. Inbetween
03-15-2023, 02:26 AM

https://twitter.com/michaelsingh94/status/1635688564821196800?s=46&t=Jf0lK2uzXRYnWn9uKQWsDg

Unfortunately- :(, you may not be wrong; I have a respect for that probability. For now, my gut is telling me, 'aggravation of the groin' will mean, we do not see Lolo on the pitch until end of April/start of May.

SenorDingDong
03-15-2023, 08:48 AM
What is our best lineup and formation?

I really don't feel like we have found it yet (outside the back 4).

Kamp Berg
03-15-2023, 08:57 AM
What is our best lineup and formation?

I really don't feel like we have found it yet (outside the back 4).

I’d say a 4-4-2, with Kerr and Berna up top. Unfortunately the problem of what subs to make persists. The team doesn’t seem to have a useful plan b once the game starts.

SenorDingDong
03-15-2023, 09:20 AM
I’d say a 4-4-2, with Kerr and Berna up top. Unfortunately the problem of what subs to make persists. The team doesn’t seem to have a useful plan b once the game starts.

Osorio - Kaye - Bradley - Servania

As the mid?

You're probably right this is the best. We could probably even run this with Insigne - Berna as the top 2.

Kamp Berg
03-15-2023, 09:26 AM
Osorio - Kaye - Bradley - Servania

As the mid?

You're probably right this is the best. We could probably even run this with Insigne - Berna as the top 2.

Yep.

Actually, I still think a 3-4-3 or 3-5-2 would be better, but I doubt BB will adjust that much.

OgtheDim
03-15-2023, 11:28 AM
I think our back 4 is good - not sure what we need 3 at the back for. I'd say 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

It operated pretty well in the first half of Saturday's game.

DinamoTFC
03-15-2023, 11:53 AM
Our back 4 and goalie are solid but our midfield is imbalanced and we lack width (outside of Italians it would have been smart to keep Shaff) and depth.

Richie could be an option at RW (fede central) for more width or we go to a back 3 and he moves to RWB. But realistically I don't see Bob experimenting too much.

Hala Hrvatska
03-15-2023, 12:00 PM
Our back 4 and goalie are solid but our midfield is imbalanced and we lack width (outside of Italians it would have been smart to keep Shaff) and depth.

Richie could be an option at RW (fede central) for more width or we go to a back 3 and he moves to RWB. But realistically I don't see Bob experimenting too much.

Agreed.

Am really worried now without Insigne. Too much is on Fede as he has no help....so double/triple teams will continue on him. At some point, and I hope I am wrong he will get injured unfortunately and/or he is going to lose it and get a red out of frustration....

If we lose this one...yikes...

jloome
03-15-2023, 01:32 PM
I think our back 4 is good - not sure what we need 3 at the back for. I'd say 4-2-3-1 is our best formation.

He had them switching shape defensively though, which I'm not sure helped, more of a 442 with Kerr and Bernie pressing the defenders, Oso and Servania dropping back.

I'm going to try and watch carefully this week to see if we still have players rotating to new positions late. I worry his tactical approach is the "Death by a thousand cuts" of them having way too much to do, and the whole thing being too busy.

It just reminds me of his protege, Jesse MArsch, a lot post Salzburg. He was using a 4-2-3-1, not a straight 4222 gegenpress, and one of the things Tyler Adams suggested was problematic about it was that they just had so many instructions and potential field positions and support moves to memorize that it was overwhelming. It's why it looked so chaotic; they had trouble executing it.

He's sort of set up a "prescribed passing" total football idea, where people can wind up rotating once or twice and be wildly out of position, as with Diomande ending up in Richie's spot at one point, leaving them requiring more time to readjust to a defensive zone, particularly if the formation is changing.

I think maybe more than anything we need to simplify a little, get back to just using triangles and people taking care of zones and overlaps.

Ultra & Proud
03-15-2023, 01:41 PM
I'm going to try and watch carefully this week to see if we still have players rotating to new positions late. I worry his tactical approach is the "Death by a thousand cuts" of them having way too much to do, and the whole thing being too busy.
I've been thinking this too. With the kids last year you couldn't be sure because who knows how adept they were at handling direction but now with all vets it's similar although maybe slightly better.

OgtheDim
03-15-2023, 01:45 PM
Careful jloome...you are only now 3 steps away from "put it in the mixer"...which is itself only about 3 steps removed from "KICK IT" :)

I see your point about simplifying things but I am not sure anybody in MLS runs simple anymore, except maybe NER & RSL.

That having been said, its funny how most goals in this league are caused by pressing & then quick simple progressions - see our goal on Saturday as an example.

jloome
03-15-2023, 02:06 PM
Careful jloome...you are only now 3 steps away from "put it in the mixer"...which is itself only about 3 steps removed from "KICK IT" :)

I see your point about simplifying things but I am not sure anybody in MLS runs simple anymore, except maybe NER & RSL.

That having been said, its funny how most goals in this league are caused by pressing & then quick simple progressions - see our goal on Saturday as an example.

I'd also say both Atlanta and Columbus were much more effective against us when they went more direct: get the ball to Almada, or to Cucho/Zelarayan, let them run into the attacking space, then find someone open when the defense shifts.

For all their cycling the ball around and lateral movement, both teams were more effective when direct. Same with DC, really. The Klisch goal was literally him running for twenty yards without a challenge then hitting a shot from 35-40 yards out.

EDIT: Plus... Give it a punt, son! Put yer boot through it, get it up field and cross it, you muppet!

Kamp Berg
03-15-2023, 02:37 PM

3 at the back would allow both outside backs, but especially Richie to play higher, adding width and more attacking support, both badly needed.

los sonadores
03-15-2023, 04:20 PM
He had them switching shape defensively though, which I'm not sure helped, more of a 442 with Kerr and Bernie pressing the defenders, Oso and Servania dropping back.

It just reminds me of his protege, Jesse MArsch, a lot post Salzburg. He was using a 4-2-3-1, not a straight 4222 gegenpress, and one of the things Tyler Adams suggested was problematic about it was that they just had so many instructions and potential field positions and support moves to memorize that it was overwhelming. It's why it looked so chaotic; they had trouble executing it.

He's sort of set up a "prescribed passing" total football idea, where people can wind up rotating once or twice and be wildly out of position, as with Diomande ending up in Richie's spot at one point, leaving them requiring more time to readjust to a defensive zone, particularly if the formation is changing.

I think maybe more than anything we need to simplify a little, get back to just using triangles and people taking care of zones and overlaps.

I seem to remember Diomande ended up in Richie’s spot twice.

Bushmancan
03-16-2023, 06:55 AM
IMHO… I think you move Insigne to the middle in a 4-2-3-1 or a modified 4-4-1-1 and let him free roam, which means we need someone on the Left (Oso, Ayo) may work out, would be nice to have Shaf or even Nelson (someone with Pace). Having our two best players not connected does not make sense to me. And by giving the midfield MB in particular some deeper support only makes sense. Even if we go for a striker, having LI as a 10 is not stupid (he has played that before) and probably terrifies most defences. If the leg injuries slow him down, a number 10 doesn’t necessarily need the pace, but has the field control, vision, passing and long range striking abilities.

Mr. Inbetween
03-16-2023, 07:41 AM
Fingers crossed that they will all be available...

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1636028897048375300

Yuushalinsky
03-16-2023, 08:40 AM
has a game ever felt like a must win this early in the season? because this one feels that way - our form feels somewhat better than where we are based on xGD but the eye test doesn't support that. Something has to give.

Kamp Berg
03-16-2023, 08:41 AM
IMHO… I think you move Insigne to the middle in a 4-2-3-1 or a modified 4-4-1-1 and let him free roam, which means we need someone on the Left (Oso, Ayo) may work out, would be nice to have Shaf or even Nelson (someone with Pace). Having our two best players not connected does not make sense to me. And by giving the midfield MB in particular some deeper support only makes sense. Even if we go for a striker, having LI as a 10 is not stupid (he has played that before) and probably terrifies most defences. If the leg injuries slow him down, a number 10 doesn’t necessarily need the pace, but has the field control, vision, passing and long range striking abilities.

Isn’t that exactly what Poz did? Which BB said was impossible to work in his preferred setup?

los sonadores
03-16-2023, 09:00 AM
Fingers crossed that they will all be available...

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1636028897048375300

Presumable, “out there” means full training? Twitter reportage, hah.

Mr. Inbetween
03-16-2023, 09:16 AM
Miami's defensive midfielder Gregore is out for surgery, apparently.

His type of injury is awful... out six months at least.

https://twitter.com/tombogert/status/1635632635257970688

Mr. Inbetween
03-16-2023, 09:30 AM
Isn’t that exactly what Poz did? Which BB said was impossible to work in his preferred setup?

Hehehe! Irony? Karma? Coaching arrogance has a way to come back and bite you in the ass! Doesn't it?

Kamp Berg
03-16-2023, 10:18 AM
Hehehe! Irony? Karma? Coaching arrogance has a way to come back and bite you in the ass! Doesn't it?

Sure does. Hard to imagine that Poz, who was tackling at the highest rate on the team, couldn’t fit in the lineup now.

Bushmancan
03-16-2023, 11:38 AM

Yeah, I know which makes it all the more bizarre. I have to think Poz basically got driven out of town for some unknown reason. But it is likely that we will have little to no LI for Saturday so not of concern until after the trip to SJ.

Joe Kool
03-16-2023, 12:39 PM
Hard to make assumptions when none of us really know what is going on behind closed doors within the team. Maybe it is just me but unless someone from the team actually comes out and specifically says something, I don't let my imagination run too wild with speculation.

OgtheDim
03-16-2023, 04:24 PM
Girlfriend was in Miami don't forget...

Weather going to be a lot like last Saturday without the day before snow storm - just the day before rain.

Mr. Inbetween
03-17-2023, 06:06 AM
https://twitter.com/WakingtheRed/status/1636407339040358413

Mr. Inbetween
03-17-2023, 06:10 AM
... Weather going to be a lot like last Saturday without the day before snow storm - just the day before rain.

Gonna be cold...

https://i.gifer.com/2e8E.gif

Mr. Inbetween
03-17-2023, 07:22 AM

Yep... Coaches Lasso, Beard and Kent would agree... :) ... S3E1...

B: 'No tricks just an old classic'...
K: 'The best way to play'... 'The 4-4-2'... 'means they'll always know what they're supposed to do, and more importantly where they're supposed to be, at every fucking minute, of every fucking game, against every fucking opponent'...
L: Yeash. Who invented this thing, the Russians?'...
B&K: 'Yeah!"...
L: 'Well, hey, if you think it's a good idea, Roy, I think it's a great one. Let's do it'...
K: 'I do know it's more important to be solid than clever when your the underdogs'.

https://www.geekgirlauthority.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/03/Ted_Lasso_Photo_030107.jpg

jloome
03-17-2023, 09:55 AM
Did anyone hear if Miami came up early? Have to think it'll be a bit of a shock, below zero.

Edit: Also, various pundits seem in agreement that Gregore is their most important player, or thereabouts, and their midfield will be seriously hurting without him.

Might be something breaking our way a little bit.

Joe Kool
03-17-2023, 10:53 AM
Might be something breaking our way a little bit.

Totally get your point these days and I feel similarly but wasn't it nice in our golden years when the opposition could send their best XI and it still wouldn't phase us much.

613reppingTFC
03-17-2023, 11:26 AM
Yeah I'm guessing temps would be shocking for them also. They did play NYCFC last week and it seemed pretty cold there so they would have had at least one game around similar temps.

jloome
03-17-2023, 12:15 PM
Totally get your point these days and I feel similarly but wasn't it nice in our golden years when the opposition could send their best XI and it still wouldn't phase us much.

Oh, no doubt! But right now we just need a win. We need to turn the tide, get good stuff rolling. A few wins, a shift in confidence...

OgtheDim
03-17-2023, 05:37 PM
FYI - an unscheduled until this week TTC closure on the Yonge line (York Mills to Bloor).

Rest of system as it was.

MikeForbes
03-17-2023, 07:56 PM
If we don't beat Miami BM (before Messi) in the frigid cold, we might never beat Miami. This is not a must win, but it is definitely a should win.

Red CB Toronto
03-17-2023, 09:57 PM
FYI - an unscheduled until this week TTC closure on the Yonge line (York Mills to Bloor).

Rest of system as it was.

Shuttle buses at Bloor are a pain in the neck, even more of a reason to watch from home on what is expected to be an ice cold freezing night.

https://scontent-yyz1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/335676926_1240648090192029_6430823149529570713_n.j pg?_nc_cat=104&ccb=1-7&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_ohc=IGpDpiMzEWIAX_LCqFx&_nc_ht=scontent-yyz1-1.xx&oh=03_AdRi7kRu3ucvcgjbCMrjJB_xjfSx9UqRUgi2ekVOldy1 pA&oe=643C8DB2

Mr. Inbetween
03-17-2023, 11:11 PM
Did anyone hear if Miami came up early? Have to think it'll be a bit of a shock, below zero...

Hey jloome, FYI...

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1636933103494086656

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 06:40 AM
You know, the crowd was quite large last week - lots of people in all sections. Looked like the announced 25K.

This week?

Well I havn't seen "we have tickets for tomorrow's game" tweets from the team in a looooong time. Saw some yesterday. Maybe because the game is free on Apple they were hoping for a spectacle. And if we had a good spring day, I think it might have been.

But winter hanging on is not helping...

CBTFC
03-18-2023, 07:57 AM
You know, the crowd was quite large last week - lots of people in all sections. Looked like the announced 25K.

This week?

Well I havn't seen "we have tickets for tomorrow's game" tweets from the team in a looooong time. Saw some yesterday. Maybe because the game is free on Apple they were hoping for a spectacle. And if we had a good spring day, I think it might have been.

But winter ha

I stand corrected on my prediction from the home opener last week. I was actually surprised/impressed about how full the stadium appeared come the 10th/15th minute.

And this time of year is such a toss up in southern ontario. If you were to look at historical data, by March 18th some years snow and cold temps had been long gone for weeks already, probably had a couple days up to 10 degrees, at least one day up to 15 degrees and maybe that one surprise day where it hit 18-20 degrees.

JoesphNdo
03-18-2023, 08:02 AM
I have an irrationally wild optimism that today is the day we turn it around and win by a couple, this Miami team is very beatable

jonymcg93
03-18-2023, 08:50 AM
I went to the home opener - it was absolutely frigid. While I try to go to as many games as I can in person, 2 matches in below 0C is too much. Will watch on Apple this week.

Section 223
03-18-2023, 09:28 AM
I went to the home opener - it was absolutely frigid. While I try to go to as many games as I can in person, 2 matches in below 0C is too much. Will watch on Apple this week.
I expect the stadium to be less than half full tonight, I’m seeing tickets on resale for$16 . Are supporters not interested or is tonight’s weather, I suspect at bit of both.

Mr. Inbetween
03-18-2023, 09:33 AM
I have an irrationally wild optimism that today is the day we turn it around and win by a couple, this Miami team is very beatable

Here's some more irrational, superstitious, optimism for you today. Decided to wear after many years my original Onyx alternative kit jersey from the DeRo- Gilberto- Defoe- Bradley- Findley era that I wore for most, like to believe- shhhh! the household lore is, every match in 2017! A little tight. C'mon TFC! ...in 'Bernadette Ski' ear-worm. :cheers:

Ultra & Proud
03-18-2023, 10:27 AM
I expect the stadium to be less than half full tonight, I’m seeing tickets on resale for$16 . Are supporters not interested or is tonight’s weather, I suspect at bit of both.

Weather for me since I have important stuff to do tomorrow and don't want to feel shit after 4-5 hours of freezing. I would however honestly say that the play on the field has a small impact but not for the reason you would say. I just realize that when it's damp, frigid, and windy like this then the play for both teams, any teams really, will be shitty.

It's pretty stupid to schedule northern matches at night in March. Either play them in the afternoon or else let us go back to the good old 4-6 away matches to start the season. I would prefer the long away stretch and then let us get down to business in April.

jloome
03-18-2023, 10:49 AM
A little tight.

It is ever thus. Plus, it's like a subtle nudge to start drinking and get tighter.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 11:15 AM
We've had glorious weather for March games in the past - this winter just hasn't ended yet.

They are talking about highs of 9 next week so hopefully by the 3rd home game in 2 weeks, things are better.

But I just had a squall off a lake go by my window followed 10 minutes later by blue sky - March is unpredictable.

Red CB Toronto
03-18-2023, 11:39 AM
You can never predict the weather , especially this time of year , heck we had a day a couple weeks ago where it’s was almost 20c and sunny. Today had been bouncing between blue sky and white out snow flurries in a matter of minutes. It definitely will have an affect on the numbers in the stands tonight. This is a weird weather day.

We've had glorious weather for March games in the past - this winter just hasn't ended yet.

They are talking about highs of 9 next week so hopefully by the 3rd home game in 2 weeks, things are better.

But I just had a squall off a lake go by my window followed 10 minutes later by blue sky - March is unpredictable.

Lil'John
03-18-2023, 11:48 AM
You can never predict the weather , especially this time of year , heck we had a day a couple weeks ago where it’s was almost 20c and sunny. Today had been bouncing between blue sky and white out snow flurries in a matter of minutes. It definitely will have an affect on the numbers in the stands tonight. This is a weird weather day.

You can never predict the weather, but you can predict that it'll be a hell of a lot colder at 9pm than 3pm.
These evening kick off times in March are ridiculous.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 01:44 PM
For those craving an English accent on the call

Tony Husband - from Devon ex BBC & Nashville pbp

Ross Smith - born in Guelph but a WEIRD English influenced accent - he spent time in Kent but it sounds like something out of a trawler in the North Sea - if you have watched a Portland match the last 10 years...that was him on the colour

jloome
03-18-2023, 02:00 PM

Ross Smith - born in Guelph but a WEIRD English influenced accent - he spent time in Kent but it sounds like something out of a trawler in the North Sea - if you have watched a Portland match the last 10 years...that was him on the colour

I just assumed he moved over there at some point.

Tony Husband used to be on Match of the Day, which still gets my vote for most iconic theme song that is clearly ancient.

https://youtu.be/HiDgXAORsMM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HiDgXAORsMM

MDH
03-18-2023, 02:09 PM

I'm growing more and more excited for the day TFC doesn't have a Brit on the call. As a dude born in Brum but raised in Ontario, the tired old British mentality around footy is really getting old. Gimme Canadians, gimme Americans, gimme Latin Americans.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 02:20 PM
BTW, the commentators ARE in Toronto for this match - not sure if that was true last week but these two are doing the game live & in person.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 05:26 PM

Yup, that was my call too. Between the weather & the subway, I just couldn't make this trip. Will be watching on Apple tonight.

Of course right now its a sunny evening out my window but the windchill making it -14....

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 05:45 PM
Same as last week.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1637223872964489221?s=20

Canary10
03-18-2023, 06:19 PM
Yup, that was my call too. Between the weather & the subway, I just couldn't make this trip. Will be watching on Apple tonight.

Of course right now its a sunny evening out my window but the windchill making it -14....

Me too. It was actually warmer last week.

Amir.
03-18-2023, 06:27 PM
Harvey Neville at RB...gotta test him and go at him all night...same for Callender who looks like a weak keeper...hopefully get Rutty in the game to prepare for the absences of next week...Kaye needs a much better game...lets go get that win!

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:34 PM
Harvey Neville at RB...gotta test him and go at him all night...same for Callender who looks like a weak keeper...hopefully get Rutty in the game to prepare for the absences of next week...Kaye needs a much better game...lets go get that win!

Imagine starting your kid in MLS.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 06:37 PM
Their right side is..... young.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:38 PM
Servania taking corners.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:41 PM
Servania taking corners.

Two of the best corner kicks of the past three years.

JoesphNdo
Holy shit Miami look like a team that would rather be anywhere but here. This game could be there for us to make a statement

Amir.
Right away two weak plays from Callender...yup get plenty of shots and crosses in

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 06:42 PM
Imagine starting your kid in MLS.

Ridiculous. What fan base would tolerate such a thing.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:44 PM
Alex Bono in goal for Miami?

Amir.
And Callender plays it straight out of play

MikeForbes
Ridiculous. What fan base would tolerate such a thing.

Couldn't be our team.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:46 PM
Crowd looks really good considering the conditions.

portu
03-18-2023, 06:46 PM
No midfield structure

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 06:51 PM
In SeanJon we trust

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:52 PM
Sean Johnson's ability to save everything he should save should never be understated.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 06:56 PM
Incredible pass by Kaye.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 07:01 PM
Servania is pretty good

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:02 PM
Pre game showed a 4 2 3 1 formation with Berna as central attacking mid but he is constantly on the right side.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 07:03 PM
Servania is pretty good

His willingness and ability to run stands out.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:04 PM
Passing is poor tonight

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:06 PM
Come on Osorio...better passes

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 07:07 PM
We are defensively better than they are. Our passing in the midfield has been sloppy

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:08 PM
Great buildup...keep it going

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:10 PM
man...osorio and kaye....

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 07:12 PM
Mak is looking very Okello like tonight

Soccerpro
03-18-2023, 07:12 PM
Everyone rags on Kaye, rightly so, but Jonathan Osorio absolutely sucks at soccer now. He's not the same player he was before that serious head injury last year. That leaves Michael Bradley as our 3rd midfielder.

I don't care how many DP's you sign, you can't win with this horrendous midfield.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:15 PM
This is looking like a nil nil draw

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 07:17 PM
Mak is looking very Okello like tonight

His confidence is shot. Looks scared to touch the ball

MDH
03-18-2023, 07:23 PM
Weird half. Fede looked bored. We look about 1.5 players and a few ideas away from being a good team.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 07:23 PM
Servania, Hedges and Johnson were our best players that half.

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:24 PM
Solid first half...now the challenge of scoring and then the big challenge which is the last fifteen minutes

jloome
03-18-2023, 07:24 PM
Thought we started poorly but got better as the half progressed. Feel like we should win this one but equally we make enoug defensive mistakes to make it tight.

Inklink
03-18-2023, 07:26 PM
fk Apple TV. Can't turn off the score if you're watching on PC browser? So you log an to watch the game late and it has the score plastered all over the place.

DavemTFC
03-18-2023, 07:27 PM
We really do need to simplify things. So many weird giveaways and positions taken. Jloome and others were pointing this out all of last week and it's especially obvious tonight

RealG-TFC
03-18-2023, 07:29 PM
Passing is off, including Bernardeschi

MDH
03-18-2023, 07:31 PM
fk Apple TV. Can't turn off the score if you're watching on PC browser? So you log an to watch the game late and it has the score plastered all over the place.

First, that sucks. Same happened to me with ps4 so I complained and it's been fixed. Make sure to send the feedback so they know what they're doing wrong. It's only 4 weeks old, even if it should be obvious.

JoesphNdo
03-18-2023, 07:33 PM
My main complaint about apple tv is they've built it like they're paid commission for every spoiler they show. Love the service but absolutely baffling decision making

Luanda
03-18-2023, 07:40 PM
Passing is off, including Bernardeschi
Me thinks it has to do with the conditions of the field - just horrible.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 07:42 PM
Osooooo

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:47 PM
Again bernardeschi and laryea and osorio doesnt miss the open net...now push for another and defend properly at the end...and bradley please make the necessary subs

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 07:47 PM
I like how angry Hedges was at the defence on that free kick.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:53 PM
Are we planning to sit back and defend for the next 35 minutes?

Thomas
03-18-2023, 07:53 PM
I was thinking about making a post critizing Oso for his play, and then he put one in.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 07:55 PM
Team needs somebody who can stay on the ball

MikeForbes
This time of the game is where we struggle. Our subs (or lack of) vs. their subs.

tfcfans
Are we planning to sit back and defend for the next 35 minutes?

Please can we stray from the obviously effective tactic that has never cost us in the last 15 minutes of games repeatedly throughout our history……:facepalm:

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:56 PM
Kerr has been a non factor

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 07:56 PM
Another stupid pass from MAK

Amir.
03-18-2023, 07:58 PM
Taylor is a dangerous player...gotta play tight on him

Amir.
03-18-2023, 08:01 PM
Bob Bradley please bring defensive help in the midfield for the last 20

Inklink
03-18-2023, 08:03 PM
omg Kaye scored! Hell hath frozen over!

OgtheDim
God we needed that

tfcfans
Yay - an accidental goal….

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:04 PM
Not sure he meant it, but that header was very nice.

Amir.
03-18-2023, 08:05 PM
Great 2-0!! Now Bob Bradley PLEASE bring help in the midfield for the teams weakest period which is the last 15-20...and fresh legs at wings if they arent running back..PLEASE make those subs

Bushmancan
03-18-2023, 08:06 PM
Bernie needed the two assists.

edit- and sub him to avoid injury

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:08 PM
Rosted has been a rock tonight.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 08:12 PM
Need a sub

MDH
03-18-2023, 08:15 PM
Servania has been very impressive tonight. If he plays like this on the reg then it was a good trade, with no offense meant. Really hopeful we found our new central mid.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:15 PM
Servania won't appear on the scoresheet, but his composure on the ball has been so important tonight. He, Richie and Bernie seem to be developing a ton of chemistry on the right side of the field.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:18 PM
Ayo with all the grace of a 3 footed moose.

Thomas
03-18-2023, 08:20 PM
What happened to the people that only post when we lose or tie?

OgtheDim
They are waiting

Amir.
Need subs in there...to hold and to prepare for next weeks absences

Thomas
03-18-2023, 08:21 PM
Yes sir

MDH
03-18-2023, 08:21 PM
It has been awful quiet tonight 😜 let's hope they're all out celebrating this performance with friends.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:22 PM

They'll be back if we lose to San Jose with no Oso or Richie.

Amir.
03-18-2023, 08:22 PM
Osorio dribbling in his own third at the end of a game his team is leading and turns it over

Thomas
03-18-2023, 08:24 PM
[QUOTE=MikeForbes;1982285]They'll be back if we lose to San Jose with no Oso or Richie.[/QUOTE

Yes, you are correct sir!

ag futbol
03-18-2023, 08:27 PM
On vacation and didn’t get to see this one but good to see the boys get their first win of the year

MDH
03-18-2023, 08:28 PM
Really positive night and result. Good performances for Rosted, Servania and Richie with no one embarrassing themselves. Love SJ, he's always ready, in the right spot, simple. There's hope, but still a ways to go.

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:28 PM
A clean sheet. Absolute props to Rosted, Hedges, Bradley and Servania!

Bushmancan
03-18-2023, 08:30 PM
It would be great if we could get LI in the lineup next week. No Oso, MAK, Richie or Ayo

Amir.
03-18-2023, 08:30 PM
Congrats to the team on the win...great work all around and chemistry going up....keep it up

If theres one area where criticism on Bob Bradley is really justified its the subs...theres likely 2-3 players who will start next week who have little to no minutes up to now

JoesphNdo
03-18-2023, 08:31 PM
Absolutely beautiful. We weren't great at times but on that pitch in those conditions who is, main thing are the points. I still think our mid field is a problem but Servania is making me feel a bit better about it, he's looking like an astute pick up.

los sonadores
03-18-2023, 08:33 PM
Working through the night so couldn’t watch but thank goodness, a win!

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 08:36 PM
Just as important Servania is a young player on a non TAM contract.

barticusz
03-18-2023, 08:38 PM
Solid game from the team. Generally speaking good defensive structure and less situations where we just coughed up the ball. Too bad we can't capitalize on this momentum because of the international break which will gut our team.

jloome
03-18-2023, 08:38 PM
Really, everyone played well tonight. That was a pretty complete performance. I know Richie got frustrated with Bernadeschi not rotating back defensively a few times, but on the whole we were pretty darn good.

Very encouraging. Felt like actual progress.

DavemTFC
03-18-2023, 08:39 PM
We really do need to simplify things. So many weird giveaways and positions taken. Jloome and others were pointing this out all of last week and it's especially obvious tonight
This was maybe a little harsh in retrospect due to the weather and they were a bit smarter in possession in the second half (I say a bit because Bern in particular had some weird dribbles and passes in his own half). Still lots to improve, but first win and first clean sheet, I'll take it. Laryea and Servania the standouts, MB and SJ very good as well. Everyone else was average to mediocre at least going forward but that luckily for us that includes every single Miami player

los sonadores
03-18-2023, 08:39 PM
Pitch looks dreadful but a good first goal. Everyone involved really well and as they should be.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 08:40 PM
I hope TFC gets these same announcers on a regular basis. Prefer them to Caldwell and Wileman

DavemTFC
03-18-2023, 08:43 PM
For any francophones (or just people who like hearing more exotic commentary), the french commentators I listened to were pretty good for the second week in a row, Patrice Bernier is the colour guy (at least this week, can't remember for sure if he was also there for Columbus)

ensco
03-18-2023, 08:49 PM

Please continue. Any stocks catch your eye lately?

MikeForbes
03-18-2023, 08:49 PM
Love you guys and our boys on the pitch. A fun, but makeshift lineup will be coming next weekend.

oranje boven
03-18-2023, 08:55 PM
Not sure about the comments regarding the pitch, pitch looked great. Never seen it this good in March. Maybe a frozen ball makes a diff but for the pitch I saw little to no divots in the field.

Areathrasher
03-18-2023, 09:05 PM
Wasn't pretty but three points is all that matters. Servania was brilliant

Areathrasher
03-18-2023, 09:07 PM
I hope TFC gets these same announcers on a regular basis. Prefer them to Caldwell and Wileman

You're right. I didn't realize till I read your post but I didn't have a reaction to anything they said or how they said it all game. I'm normally pulling my hair out with Caldwell and couldn't stand the pair that did the Atlanta game

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 09:14 PM
I liked the fact the pbp guy kept talking about the temperature in Celsius.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 09:15 PM
The play by play guy was absolutely top notch.

rydermike
03-18-2023, 09:16 PM
Froze all night, but it was nice to celebrate a win at BMO. Rosted was solid. Feel for his head after all those headers. Ball must've been hard as a rock.
Game just felt way more positive early on just seeing them string a bunch of passes and holding possession in the first half. Felt like with the cold it contributed to some of the errant passing and I got the sense everyone preferred to play the ball shorter mostly because of the cold.
I'm sure those of you who saw it on tv can comment more on the overall play, a bunch of my focus was on trying to stay warm

jonymcg93
03-18-2023, 09:19 PM
Game was messy at times - which is expected with the weather. But from just watching, it seemed our control was much better than previous games.

Our two goals were well deserved and could actually see 2 or more big chances.

Hoping to see further improvement as the season goes on.

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 09:19 PM
Froze all night, but it was nice to celebrate a win at BMO. Rosted was solid. Feel for his head after all those headers. Ball must've been hard as a rock.
Game just felt way more positive early on just seeing them string a bunch of passes and holding possession in the first half. Felt like with the cold it contributed to some of the errant passing and I got the sense everyone preferred to play the ball shorter mostly because of the cold.
I'm sure those of you who saw it on tv can comment more on the overall play, a bunch of my focus was on trying to stay warm

What was the attendance? On TV it looked less than half full?

NK Toronto
03-18-2023, 09:23 PM
What I don't understand is that they have some earlier games on Saturday. Couldn't TFC have played in the afternoon?

rydermike
03-18-2023, 09:24 PM
I don't think they announced it. I was expecting it to be emptier. I was on the first deck so I don't know what the 200s on the eastside looked like, but the rest seemed like 50-60 percent but less as the game went along (but I'm also terrible at estimating)

mowe
03-18-2023, 09:34 PM
I thought there were some real positive signs of building cohesion. Glad to get the clean sheet. Hedges and Rosted were great.

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 09:34 PM
Goals in Spanish

https://twitter.com/MLSes/status/1637273610749624320

https://twitter.com/MLSes/status/1637274091022594048

OgtheDim
03-18-2023, 09:36 PM
And..some stats

https://twitter.com/mclachbot/status/1637273036591190017

Oldtimer
03-18-2023, 09:41 PM
Miami plays fairly compact, which played better to TFC's formation without Insigne.

Glad to see a win.

Gringo Starr
03-18-2023, 10:26 PM
Did Kaye really look that bad tonight? I was at the game and thought he had a pretty decent game-I know some passes missed the mark but there was a lot of that from everyone tonight. He found Berna to help set up the first one. I left the game thinking he has turned the corner and had his best outing so far this season.

Also The CMNT guys need to bring some Milan Borjan jogging pants back for SJ, that poor guy looked ice cold out there in the first half

DinamoTFC
03-18-2023, 11:00 PM
Hands finally unfrozen and nice to see a positive crowd again. Cold but fun one.
Great game by Servania who was everywhere and sped up the game, and Rosted who was a beast winning every ball. Laryea the usual important piece with great runs and dares to be creative and take on players. Miami weren't all that great to be honest but hopefully this builds some momentum going into next one. Oh and a clean sheet!

gracos
03-18-2023, 11:00 PM
i am so happy and proud with the boys playstyle tonight, first half was finding a way at half they regrouped and certainly picked up a notch, lets hope this can continue in the season, this was amazing and kudos to them

Ralf
03-18-2023, 11:19 PM

According to MLS website it was 20,701. It must be based on tickets sold, sure it didn't look like it.

noxx98
03-18-2023, 11:31 PM
That was a cold one. TFC was the better team and deserved the win. Servania was great - might be the new Mark. Let's keep this going.

jonymcg93
03-18-2023, 11:58 PM
According to MLS website it was 20,701. It must be based on tickets sold, sure it didn't look like it.

Agreed. Looked maybe 1/3 full at best. Depends on how much 200s sold which don’t show on tv.

Yohan
03-19-2023, 02:01 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jN2tSGRh9s&ab_channel=MajorLeagueSoccer

ensco
03-19-2023, 06:00 AM
I couldn’t watch the game, only saw the highlights.

- the first goal, dream goal, Oso to Kaye to Fede to Laryea to Oso. CMNT special with a little Fede spice. Kaye with the key ball that opened the play up. Oso doing a perfect Jozy impression on the finish.

- the second goal, that was no accident. It was just incredibly difficult. For sure Kaye got a bit lucky there, but man, that guy has some serious neck muscles/control. Also the delivery was picture perfect - I don’t know if anyone here, including Gio or VV, has ever been this good at delivering FKs into the box.

- as others said, if it was on net, SJ was there. The game could have gone differently as Miami misfired on at least three glorious chances. Maybe some TFC chances did not make it into the highlight package, but from highlights alone, good chances seemed pretty even.

- bottom line, a clean sheet victory is EXACTLY what the doctor ordered. Great to see.

Hala Hrvatska
03-19-2023, 06:43 AM
Hands and feet still thawing out...but glad we finally got a win. So cold.

Fede was the man, two assists. Our midfield continues to get overun. And I thought finally, bradley gets an early yellow, slow as molasses, will get subbed off...but no, stays on no matter what.

Johnson was very good...commands his box...so confident. And because of that, the entire team then can be confident as well. Under Bono, every single cross into the box was pure danger, not anymore.

Hala Hrvatska
03-19-2023, 06:47 AM

Who are you talking about and why the need to single posters out? Serious question?

Why not just be happy we won?

But since no doubt you are are talking about me and some others....

If we would only post when we win, then prior to last night, we hadn't won since August...the board would be dead if we couldn't post about games since we hadn't won.

Also, I was literally AT THE GAME. Why would I post here while I was at the game watching (and freezing my cojones off but still cheering us on no matter what like I do EVERY single home game)? I put my money where my mouth is with seasons. How about you?

Cheers.

Canary10
03-19-2023, 07:04 AM
Who are you talking about and why the need to single posters out? Serious question?

If we would only post when we win, then prior to last night, we hadn't won since August...the board would be dead if we couldn't post about games since we hadn't won.

Also, I was literally AT THE GAME. Why would I post here while I was at the game watching (and freezing my cojones off but still cheering us on no matter what like I do EVERY single home game)? I put my money where my mouth is with seasons. How about you?

Cheers.

Good on you to be there. I couldn’t do it in those temperatures. Especially the wind.

Hala Hrvatska
03-19-2023, 07:07 AM
Good on you to be there. I couldn’t do it in those temperatures. Especially the wind.

Even if I wanted to give the tickets away for free, no takers...was too cold..lol.

Pleny of empty seats due to the cold.

Is ridiculous mls scedules at night in March games here...ffs, at least put them in the afternoon. The night games in cold weather are not at all good for the players, and even worse for the fans...especially for families wanting to go.

Why not play the first 4 or 5 away and have them in places like Miami, Orlando, Austin, Houston....instead of here now, freezing..and then in the summer those places where its unbearable heat....just idiotic planning from the league. Rant over.

Kamp Berg
03-19-2023, 07:32 AM
Massive improvement this game! Players looked more in sync and motivated. There were a lot of errant passes, but hard to be upset about the results. Much better from the midfield, especially Servania. Gotta love SJ! Seemed like Kerr was the only player who didn’t really show up. Much better announcers too. All in all, just what the doctor ordered!!

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 08:02 AM
Early for league stats, I know but hmm, Kaye is tied in 6th (with Bernadeschi) for goals and he’s fourth in interceptions (two behind league leader Canouse). Involved in most of our goals scored.

ensco
03-19-2023, 08:07 AM
Early for league stats, I know but hmm, Kaye is tied in 6th (with Bernadeschi) for goals and he’s fourth in interceptions (two behind Canouse). Involved in most of our goals scored.

Going to do a Kaye thread, when I get a minute (or maybe someone else wants to). Feel like he deserves some serious discussion.

OgtheDim
03-19-2023, 08:20 AM
Important information about how to watch a full game afterwards

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/mls-season-pass-watch-full-game-replays-and-remove-spoilers-20230226-WST-421428.html

How to find full-game replays of games in MLS Season Pass

Go to Apple TV app
Select MLS Season Pass (https://tv.apple.com/channel/tvs.sbd.7000?itsct=wst_mls&itscg=30200&at=1010l35s4)
Find the game you want to watch on replay
Click the ‘Go to Game’ button
Scroll down to the bottom of the page until you get to ‘How to Watch’
Press and hold the ‘MLS Season Pass’ button under ‘How to watch’ to see the different versions available, including the full 90 minutes

MLS Season Pass offers different options for replays such as a 7-minute recap, the full 90 minutes, as well as a full 90 minutes in Spanish-language.

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 08:49 AM
Going to do a Kaye thread, when I get a minute (or maybe someone else wants to). Feel like he deserves some serious discussion.

Probably about time esp. given Oso has been filling in up top for Insigne (despite Insigne having a full camp and Oso missing it).

Yuushalinsky
03-19-2023, 08:58 AM
one of the things I'm noticing is that we're just in more spots, more often. Last year, that MAK goal would simply not exist because nobody would think to be there. Defensively, some shots that are pressured simply wouldn't be and would be higher quality in the box. This team is simply more 'present' and even though we've collapsed in typical TFC fashion the first three matches, I think there's space to be optimistic.

Section 223
03-19-2023, 09:06 AM

Cheers.Well said, I’m not going to post when I’m down at the stadium trying not to get hypothermia? And yes Bradley needs to come off

Ultra & Proud
03-19-2023, 09:23 AM
Well said, I’m not going to post when I’m down at the stadium trying not to get hypothermia? And yes Bradley needs to come off

Complaining about MB after a match we won, controlled, got a clean sheet, and he played fine in.

Yuushalinsky
03-19-2023, 09:34 AM
I think some of you are more fans of being right than of the club.

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 09:35 AM
Complaining about MB after a match we won, controlled, got a clean sheet, and he played fine in.

He’s played pretty well so far this season. As to be expected in the early going. With a midfield of Oso, Kaye and Servania we’re also in a decent position for the first time in a while to give him a rest.

Once everyone is healthy (and let’s hope to god that happens) we should be competitive everywhere on the pitch. For me (and still tbd) striker is the main issue at the moment.

oranje boven
03-19-2023, 10:03 AM
Important information about how to watch a full game afterwards

https://worldsoccertalk.com/tv/mls-season-pass-watch-full-game-replays-and-remove-spoilers-20230226-WST-421428.html

He’s played pretty well so far this season. As to be expected in the early going. With a midfield of Oso, Kaye and Servania we’re also in a decent position for the first time in a while to give him a rest.

Once everyone is healthy (and let’s hope to god that happens) we should be competitive everywhere on the pitch. For me (and still tbd) striker is the main issue at the moment.

I agree the lack of a striker to me is our biggest issue. We have no striker that is scaring the opposition and and they can play to try and choke off the wing especially Bern and Richie. Last night our strikers really didn’t create much. Really happy with S.J.

rydermike
03-19-2023, 10:06 AM
We are in a play off spot now (although its partly because MLS has just expanded the playoffs way too much)

ManUtd4ever
03-19-2023, 10:21 AM
We needed that. Strong performance from top to bottom, and something we can build on moving forward.

Smokecell
03-19-2023, 10:45 AM
First and foremost that was a very important win for the boys.

I think on another night some of our individual errors would have cost us, but otherwise solid performance where the result never really seemed in doubt.

MAK still leaves a lot be be desired. Massive pass to set up the first goal, of course, but he otherwise looks like his engine is not yet in drive. I think everyone here has noticed just how great a pickup Servania has been. There's a lot of talk about Fede and Insigne (rightly so), but Servania and SJ might well be the two most important signings in the BB era.

jloome
03-19-2023, 10:59 AM

He also hasn't looked slow, and hasn't been overrun. People who have a narrative stick with the narrative. If anything, he looks like he's been working on his quickness and stamina this year. He's been pretty good.

Servania was very good. Kaye has ups and downs but his ups in the last two games have been pretty significant.

Oso was much better, far more active, good pace for the first time this season, beating that ball to the goalline.

Really, I'm not sure how anyone complains about anything after that performance, it was pretty solid. It probably help, as Og noted, that they were quite narrow and not defensively aggressive enough. The cold certainly affected them.

jloome
03-19-2023, 11:02 AM
I agree the lack of a striker to me is our biggest issue. We have no striker that is scaring the opposition and and they can play to try and choke off the wing especially Bern and Richie. Last night our strikers really didn’t create much. Really happy with S.J.

Yeah, we need a striker, no doubt. They're both young still but neither looks multi-dimensional and always dangerous. We really need someone good in the air, to keep the centre backs honest, because our strength is always going to be richie/fede/insigne/pedretta causing havoc from wide.

NK Toronto
03-19-2023, 11:16 AM

Cheers.

There is nothing wrong about making posts that are critical of the club. In fact it is the norm in Europe and other parts of the world where there exists a true football culture. In these places the fan base holds the players and management much more accountable then here in North America where the fans are less passionate and engaged.

Everyone who posts on this site has the same thing in common, they care about the team. If the size of the true supporter base would only increase enough then management could focus on proper roster construction, rather than signing "big name" players who sell tickets to casual fans, but may not be the best for helping the team win trophies.

jloome
03-19-2023, 11:41 AM
There is nothing wrong about making posts that are critical of the club. In fact it is the norm in Europe and other parts of the world where there exists a true football culture. In these places the fan base holds the players and management much more accountable then here in North America where the fans are less passionate and engaged.

Everyone who posts on this site has the same thing in common, they care about the team. If the size of the true supporter base would only increase enough then management could focus on proper roster construction, rather than signing "big name" players who sell tickets to casual fans, but may not be the best for helping the team win trophies.

It would be inaccurate to suggest people are unwilling to allow criticism or that the rifts on this board are due to unwillingness to hear criticism. People are critical of the club on here constantly.

It's the nature of how people post that make them dislike each other. If people see each other's posts as disingenuous, or manipulative, or tactically aimed to attack another poster or build support for a position most don't seem to agree with, it causes problems.

These are not problems unique to only a couple of posters; many of us have let our tempers get away with us at one point or another, or defended a position with less-than-honest hyperbole.

But to avoid it in the future, it would help if we were clear that the problem is not "criticism of the club".

It's how people position and support that criticism, or the sense that they aren't having a discussion, just restating an unyielding position, without any consideration for the perspectives of others.

Hopefully we start winning regularly, and the sort of simmering unhappiness that stems from years of Bill/Ali incompetence (and general MLSE incompetence before that) dissipates for a while.

I know at several times in this game, we had teammates sniping at each other for even the smallest mistake: Richie at Fede for defensive positioning, Fede at Richie for his final ball, Oso at Servania for not stepping into a space to take a pass....

But at the end, they were all smiling. Winning heals a lot of ills.

Yuushalinsky
03-19-2023, 11:49 AM
Nononono, I'm not letting you guys call what this is simple criticism of the club. There is a huge amount of difference between "Bradley is slow and cost us in these moments" or "Fede isn't giving his 100% and it shows" in losses and ties and constant, pervasive, often unfounded negativity even during wins. This should not be normal behaviour and the fact that we think it is just because fans in Europe don't know how to make a nuanced, eloquent point should be embarrassing.

Bushmancan
03-19-2023, 11:58 AM
Yeah, we need a striker, no doubt. They're both young still but neither looks multi-dimensional and always dangerous. We really need someone good in the air, to keep the centre backs honest, because our strength is always going to be richie/fede/insigne/pedretta causing havoc from wide.

Believe it or not Kaye/Oso have been good at getting in the box as targets. WRT our strikers, IMHO Ayo did a good job holding up the ball, he can run well (without the ball) in anticipation, but i am thinking he either never had or has lost his ability to dribble at pace and shoot. In the first game he missed that sitter running a full speed in the box and last night he cut in at full speed and took a very muffled shot.

Now, we know Ayo can strike the ball so here’s my question, because i really have no idea how an ACL affects you. But, is it playing time and his timing will come back, is it the injury has impacted his footwork and he needs to keep working hard at it, and unfortunately maybe it will never return or did he ever have the running with the ball at pace. (I cant remember) but recently most times (even last year) when he needs to accelerate with the ball he is stumbling over himself and loses control. I am hoping it is the first scenario but i really dont know, which would lead me to think we eventually are going to need a striker.

jloome
03-19-2023, 12:33 PM
Believe it or not Kaye/Oso have been good at getting in the box as targets. WRT our strikers, IMHO Ayo did a good job holding up the ball, he can run well (without the ball) in anticipation, but i am thinking he either never had or has lost his ability to dribble at pace and shoot. In the first game he missed that sitter running a full speed in the box and last night he cut in at full speed and took a very muffled shot.

Now, we know Ayo can strike the ball so here’s my question, because i really have no idea how an ACL affects you. But, is it playing time and his timing will come back, is it the injury has impacted his footwork and he needs to keep working hard at it, and unfortunately maybe it will never return or did he ever have the running with the ball at pace. (I cant remember) but recently most times (even last year) when he needs to accelerate with the ball he is stumbling over himself and loses control. I am hoping it is the first scenario but i really dont know, which would lead me to think we eventually are going to need a striker.

I do wonder if having that good run of nine goals in the 'mls is back' tournament oversold his potential. He was never a clinical attacker or finisher before that, and most of the goals in that run were from us being penned back and him beating the offside trap over the top.

So he had and has potential but he's nowhere near a finished product. His movement isn't great. He did seem to be trying to show more strength in challenges yesterday.

Pressure must be a lot of the problem. He's been developing for years and I'm betting in practice he doesn't routinely muff chances and mishit balls. They wouldn't still be trying to get him to speed if he did.

Problematically, the way we've developed under Bob's tactical approach, we almost need a target man/false 9 -- just a big, athletic striker who can hold up, distribute and score in the air -- because that type of player just frees up more space for Oso, Richie, Bernie etc. Plus, the centre backs have one more thing to worry about.

Not sure Ayo is ever going to be that guy.

Hala Hrvatska
03-19-2023, 12:41 PM
Nononono, I'm not letting you guys call what this is simple criticism of the club. There is a huge amount of difference between "Bradley is slow and cost us in these moments" or "Fede isn't giving his 100% and it shows" in losses and ties and constant, pervasive, often unfounded negativity even during wins. This should not be normal behaviour and the fact that we think it is just because fans in Europe don't know how to make a nuanced, eloquent point should be embarrassing.

What was the constant negativity even during wins? We haven't had a win prior to last night since August. I was really happy (and frozen) that we won last night.

Saying Fede and Johnson played well last night, is the truth and not negative.

Saying Bradley got a yellow and should have been taken off is my perspective and in "normal" managerial situations, anyone getting an early yellow is at risk for a second and a red and you'd have to consider taking them off. My perspective. And I think he should have went off, especially at the end. If Fede can come off, surely MB can come off....

What is "normal behaviour" according to you? You can't assume to dictate how someone sees the game...you see it one way, the next poster another way, I see it another, etc...all with the one underlying thing in common, we want the best for the team.

PS What do you mean about fans in Europe? I don't get what you are saying...lots of Euro fans of TFC, the Italians come out in droves...there are at least 3 Croatian fans on site, etc........what is embarassing?

Hala Hrvatska
03-19-2023, 12:44 PM
I do wonder if having that good run of nine goals in the 'mls is back' tournament oversold his potential. He was never a clinical attacker or finisher before that, and most of the goals in that run were from us being penned back and him beating the offside trap over the top.

So he had and has potential but he's nowhere near a finished product. His movement isn't great. He did seem to be trying to show more strength in challenges yesterday.

Pressure must be a lot of the problem. He's been developing for years and I'm betting in practice he doesn't routinely muff chances and mishit balls. They wouldn't still be trying to get him to speed if he did.

Problematically, the way we've developed under Bob's tactical approach, we almost need a target man/false 9 -- just a big, athletic striker who can hold up, distribute and score in the air -- because that type of player just frees up more space for Oso, Richie, Bernie etc. Plus, the centre backs have one more thing to worry about.

Not sure Ayo is ever going to be that guy.

Agree he won't be the guy. A big target man up front is what we need. Once Insigne is back, him and Fede out wide can take guys on and whip in crosses as well...someone needs to latch on them.

As for Ayo, the mental side of an ACL is something you never know when one will fully recover from and lose that fear of injury again. But to me, also, he is not in game shape whatsoever. And is not tall, so won't be winning anything in the air even if fully recovered....

Get a target man...and also an attacking midfielder, and we are cooking then.

Oldtimer
03-19-2023, 01:51 PM

It's true that there's nothing wrong with criticism when it's constructive. It's also quite interesting when people do analysis (jloome is good at this) as to why a certain formation or combination of players or strategy is or isn't working. It can also lead to interesting discussion with people who have differing opinions.

It's not true that everyone on here cares about the club. We've had trolls on here from almost the beginning. We've also had users that think that spamming the board with nothing more than "fire the coach" or "get rid of a certain player" is interesting to other readers, will somehow change something or convince others.

It's telling when under Vanney we won the treble and still had people saying #Vanneyout. That is not normal. I didn't like him at first myself but developed respect for him as he learned and developed as a coach, as did many others.

MDH
03-19-2023, 02:10 PM
It's telling when under Vanney we won the treble and still had people saying #Vanneyout. That is not normal. I didn't like him at first myself but developed respect for him as he learned and developed as a coach, as did many others.

I remember not liking Vanney as well. But I was wrong. Im not sure it's the end of the world but I understand why this guy is frustrated with negativity on the boards. It's the same argument every week regardless of situation. And I agree with him that NA fans often parrot European fandom, and that doesn't do anyone justice. I personally wish we'd move further away from European/SA support, it's toxic, she controlled by drunk young men, and i don't like drunk young men making decisions for me. 😀

Canary10
03-19-2023, 02:33 PM
He also hasn't looked slow, and hasn't been overrun. People who have a narrative stick with the narrative. If anything, he looks like he's been working on his quickness and stamina this year. He's been pretty good.

Servania was very good. Kaye has ups and downs but his ups in the last two games have been pretty significant.

Oso was much better, far more active, good pace for the first time this season, beating that ball to the goalline.

Really, I'm not sure how anyone complains about anything after that performance, it was pretty solid. It probably help, as Og noted, that they were quite narrow and not defensively aggressive enough. The cold certainly affected them.

Stamina/endurance has never been Michael Bradley’s problem. I’m pretty sure he can still run the pants off the 20 year olds over distance the same way James Milner still does. His speed is what he’s lost a bit of.

Section 223
03-19-2023, 02:37 PM
What was the constant negativity even during wins? We haven't had a win prior to last night since August. I was really happy (and frozen) that we won last night.

Saying Fede and Johnson played well last night, is the truth and not negative.

Saying Bradley got a yellow and should have been taken off is my perspective and in "normal" managerial situations, anyone getting an early yellow is at risk for a second and a red and you'd have to consider taking them off. My perspective. And I think he should have went off, especially at the end. If Fede can come off, surely MB can come off....

What is "normal behaviour" according to you? You can't assume to dictate how someone sees the game...you see it one way, the next poster another way, I see it another, etc...all with the one underlying thing in common, we want the best for the team.

PS What do you mean about fans in Europe? I don't get what you are saying...lots of Euro fans of TFC, the Italians come out in droves...there are at least 3 Croatian fans on site, etc........what is embarassing?
Yes good point about the early yellow taken by Bradley normally a Coach will take off this player, if Bradley gets the second yellow then this board lights with comments about why the hell was he kept on. Enjoy your takes Hala , Well done man.

OgtheDim
03-19-2023, 02:43 PM
No coach takes off a midfielder 20 minutes in because he's on a tactical yellow card.

Now, if he gets a warning after that "No more fouls or you get a second yellow" then, yes he's taken off.

But MB is astute at knowing how to avoid the second yellow. Oso is the same, truth be told.

MY issue is there is no decent sub for our current 4 mids - that's a problem.

Graeme
03-19-2023, 02:54 PM
To add some random positivity: our tie in Altanta doesn't look like such a bad result

jloome
03-19-2023, 03:27 PM
To add some random positivity: our tie in Altanta doesn't look like such a bad result

Almada's playing at Premier League level, easily. I can think of several clubs where he'd be among the best players. If they got $30M for him, with addons, I wouldn't be surprised.

Generally, they are frighteningly good compared to much of the league. They look a step above LAFC and Seattle right now, more ruthless, more direct.

jloome
03-19-2023, 03:33 PM
Agree he won't be the guy. A big target man up front is what we need. Once Insigne is back, him and Fede out wide can take guys on and whip in crosses as well...someone needs to latch on them.

As for Ayo, the mental side of an ACL is something you never know when one will fully recover from and lose that fear of injury again. But to me, also, he is not in game shape whatsoever. And is not tall, so won't be winning anything in the air even if fully recovered....

Get a target man...and also an attacking midfielder, and we are cooking then.

See, this is where your suggestion of hitting up Eastern Europe makes particular sense to me. There has to be a target man in one of the Balkan leagues, or Greece, or maybe the middle east, who we can get for roster-compliant money and can be a hold-up/target man, someone with a traditional technically solid base.

CBTFC
03-19-2023, 03:40 PM
Michael Bradley played like a KING last night.

That doesn't correspond with the narrative some have chosen to have for him though.

Great game overall by TFC on to Silicon Valley!

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 03:57 PM

The tie and our approach. But ties away at Atlanta are almost always good results. (Not to mention ties on the road in general in MLS.)

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 04:00 PM
Michael Bradley played like a KING last night.

That doesn't correspond with the narrative some have chosen to have for him though.

Great game overall by TFC on to Silicon Valley!

Our line up in Silicon Valley is going to be interesting. A prize should be offered to anyone who guesses correctly.

Kamp Berg
03-19-2023, 04:25 PM
Stamina/endurance has never been Michael Bradley’s problem. I’m pretty sure he can still run the pants off the 20 year olds over distance the same way James Milner still does. His speed is what he’s lost a bit of.

I recall one of the commentators remarking after his yellow card, that MB was doing well as long as he stayed in his pocket. If he ventures too far off course, he can’t recover.

Amir.
03-19-2023, 04:36 PM
Unfortunately at this point it doesnt look like Vazquez can give more than 30 or max 45...so you bring him in the second

Kerr Mbongue Bernardeschi
Thompson Bradley Servania
Petretta Rosted Hedges Rutty
Johnson

Yuushalinsky
03-19-2023, 04:40 PM
Our line up in Silicon Valley is going to be interesting. A prize should be offered to anyone who guesses correctly.

I'm going to guess a call-up or two from TFC II is in order - Coello on the bench, VV for 60, Servania+Bradley, gonna probably see Kosi get some time, JMR season at Laryea's spot?

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 04:51 PM
Three at the back with Petretta and Gutierrez as wingbacks? I might offer Bradley, Servania and Gutierrez as the three mids but BB mentioned Gutierrez as being a left back who could play on the left side of a back three. To me he’s more a left mid than a centre half.

If Victor starts I’d also favour a back three.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2023, 05:00 PM

Cheers.

Who did he single out? You certainly singled him out.

Glad to see you AND plenty others posting no matter the results. There should be plenty to talk about either way.

Fort York Redcoat
03-19-2023, 05:21 PM

I agree with

caring about the team
proper roster construction
not signing big names that spite the quality level of the rest of the squad

but..

Having a supporter base that influences ownership and management like the TRUE places you reference is not always a good thing. It hasn't always worked for us in the past. I'l settle for competitive, hungry, ambitious leadership that want to build a balanced winner no matter where the ingredients come from.

James17930
03-19-2023, 08:04 PM
The tie and our approach. But ties away at Atlanta are almost always good results. (Not to mention ties on the road in general in MLS.)

In football in general.

I still get amused when people get mad when we lose to better teams away. Like, what did you really expect.

Though we should have won in DC this year. That one still stings.

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 08:15 PM
I agree with

caring about the team
proper roster construction
not signing big names that spite the quality level of the rest of the squad

but..

Having a supporter base that influences ownership and management like the TRUE places you reference is not always a good thing. It hasn't always worked for us in the past. I'l settle for competitive, hungry, ambitious leadership that want to build a balanced winner no matter where the ingredients come from.

We shouldn’t forget that one of the often mentioned reasons many of our best players have come to Toronto and especially enjoy playing here is the respectfulness (it might be called sanity) of their relationship to their fans (and the fans attitude towards the club and the matches). The players can walk in the street with their families. And too, after a loss, not fear for their lives.

This is not only true of football. One hears similar things from movie and music stars (and there is no shortage of movie and music culture in the city).

ensco
03-19-2023, 09:17 PM
This isn't about being a fan. Our board culture has to be unique, given the unique situation here in Toronto/MLS.

There is no media coverage to speak of. We get a Neil Davidson story once a month, and, if you can afford it, the Molinaro blogsite. After that you are into the world of clickseekers... and then twitter/reddit, which are sewers.

I come here because, uniquely, there are, call it, 20-30 informed people with interesting informed opinions about what is going on. This place is about good, informed analysis. Interesting discussion. The place to dig deeper the way the media might, if it existed.

This is the TFC coffeehouse. Not the nightclub.

This is not what all fans want. Many of the people that have "passion" and are legit fans, but they might still "wreck" the coffeehouse. When I flew down to Guadalajara to see TFC in the CCL final, I was surrounded by Innebriati on the same plane, and wound up talking to some of them. I found their opinions about the game/team pretty uninteresting, even wild and unbelievable - but boy did they bring the atmosphere in the stadium, and of course, they are fully legit supporters.

If you are here, just be part of some good conversation, in the only place it's happening - that's my ask.

rydermike
03-19-2023, 09:24 PM
My prediction for the next lineup with international callups missing. Im going to say a 3-5-2/5-3-2 however you want to call it. (I'm assuming ONill is hurt since he wasnt in the 18 yesterday)

Johnson
Franklin-Rosted-Hedges-MacNauton-Petretta
Servania-Bradley-Thompson
Bernadeschi-Kerr

Bench: Ranjitsingh-JMR-Gutierrez-Vazquez-Mbongue-Perruzza-Antonoglou

IR- ONeill, Insigne, Diomande

INTL - Romero, Laryea, Osorio, Kaye, Akinola

OgtheDim
03-19-2023, 09:38 PM
O'Neill has been out with headaches

Red CB Toronto
03-19-2023, 10:10 PM
My prediction for the next lineup with international callups missing. Im going to say a 3-5-2/5-3-2 however you want to call it. (I'm assuming ONill is hurt since he wasnt in the 18 yesterday)

Johnson
Bernadeschi-Kerr

At least things are not as dire as they got last year roster wise with at least one, up to the max 4 TFC II short term signings every week for about two months straight. The depth was non existent. Still not sure about things sub wise, hopefully this game may show us what this team need to be better moving forward. Will be a challenge.

Red CB Toronto
03-19-2023, 10:13 PM
O'Neill has been out with headaches

Hopefully it is not migraines , feel for anyone that is suffering through those, can be completely debilitating. Wishing him all the best as they try to figure this all out.

Section 223
03-19-2023, 10:20 PM
No coach takes off a midfielder 20 minutes in because he's on a tactical yellow card.

Now, if he gets a warning after that "No more fouls or you get a second yellow" then, yes he's taken off.

But MB is astute at knowing how to avoid the second yellow. Oso is the same, truth be told.

MY issue is there is no decent sub for our current 4 mids - that's a problem.
No one was for Bob to take Michael off in the 20 minute, it’s coaching 101 you take him off at halftime or 60 minute because players become tentative when they are on a yellow, it worked out last night for Bob but next time it might not, he just isn’t a good coach plain and simple, team was gassed in the DC match but he stubbornly made no substitutions, Tim Bits coaching in full display

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 10:54 PM
O’Neil is post concussion (syndrome) according to Bradley. Maybe going back to last season. But he’s been cleared by a specialist to return to training.

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 10:58 PM

Johnson
Bernadeschi-Kerr

Looks a reasonable guess. If Bob is going to use three at the back it’s likely to be now. I’d like to see Gutierrez in there at some point but no doubt it’ll depend on how he trains.

I’m also hoping VV gets some time. With him you know that when he has the ball it’s not likely to be lost (at all, never mind in bad places) and it’s going smartly forward.

los sonadores
03-19-2023, 11:04 PM
This isn't about being a fan. Our board culture has to be unique, given the unique situation here in Toronto/MLS.

There is no media coverage to speak of. We get a Neil Davidson story once a month, and, if you can afford it, the Molinaro blogsite. After that you are into the world of clickseekers... and then twitter/reddit, which are sewers.

I come here because, uniquely, there are, call it, 20-30 informed people with interesting informed opinions about what is going on. This place is about good, informed analysis. Interesting discussion. The place to dig deeper the way the media might, if it existed.

This is the TFC coffeehouse. Not the nightclub.

This is not what all fans want. Many of the people that have "passion" and are legit fans, but they might still "wreck" the coffeehouse. When I flew down to Guadalajara to see TFC in the CCL final, I was surrounded by Innebriati on the same plane, and wound up talking to some of them. I found their opinions about the game/team pretty uninteresting, even wild and unbelievable - but boy did they bring the atmosphere in the stadium, and of course, they are fully legit supporters.

If you are here, just be part of some good conversation, in the only place it's happening - that's my ask.

Very nice. I like the distinction you’ve made. And the analogy to the cafe rather than the nightclub/bar.

Canary10
03-20-2023, 07:49 AM
No one was for Bob to take Michael off in the 20 minute, it’s coaching 101 you take him off at halftime or 60 minute because players become tentative when they are on a yellow, it worked out last night for Bob but next time it might not, he just isn’t a good coach plain and simple, team was gassed in the DC match but he stubbornly made no substitutions, Tim Bits coaching in full display

There was no threat of him getting a red. He's smart. No coach takes a player off simply because they're on a yellow. Get a grip.

Hala Hrvatska
03-20-2023, 08:01 AM
There was no threat of him getting a red. He's smart. No coach takes a player off simply because they're on a yellow. Get a grip.

Of course coaches take off players that get yellows.....precisely to avoid going down a man. Am a Real fan, have seen Camavinga get subbed off at half quite a few times this year already due to an early card as an example....

Now Mike doesn't move around much and get stuck in tackles so the risk of a second yellow is less than someone like a Caseimiro, my man Sergio Ramos, etc...but still, the risk is there. And his yellow was because he got left in the dust on a counter and had to take the man down as it was.

And coaches all over the world take off players that get an early yellow...like my good friend Sec 223 says, either at half or early in the second half. You don't walk a tight rope and be tentative on tackles and other teams will target the player that has a yellow to try and get them a red...

Canary10
03-20-2023, 08:58 AM
Of course coaches take off players that get yellows.....precisely to avoid going down a man. Am a Real fan, have seen Camavinga get subbed off at half quite a few times this year already due to an early card as an example....

Now Mike doesn't move around much and get stuck in tackles so the risk of a second yellow is less than someone like a Caseimiro, my man Sergio Ramos, etc...but still, the risk is there. And his yellow was because he got left in the dust on a counter and had to take the man down as it was.

And coaches all over the world take off players that get an early yellow...like my good friend Sec 223 says, either at half or early in the second half. You don't walk a tight rope and be tentative on tackles and other teams will target the player that has a yellow to try and get them a red...

Hundreds of examples of players not being taken off on a yellow too. Like just this weekend Luke Ayling got a yellow in the 24th minute, and wasn't taken off and scored in the 49th, and stayed on the whole game. He tends to get stuck in as you say.

This isn't a point to go at Bob on. It's just another one of the fabricated points you guys keep going to as part of your vendetta against the Bradleys. Also Bob was right, as there wasn't a second yellow, or even anything close.

Kamp Berg
03-20-2023, 09:03 AM
Hundreds of examples of players not being taken off on a yellow too. This isn't a point to go at Bob on. It's just another one of the fabricated points you guys keep going to as part of your vendetta against the Bradleys. Also Bob was right, as there wasn't a second yellow, or even anything close.

I think the better discussion to have would be why did MB have to stray out of his pocket to make the tackle? Did someone else neglect their defensive duties or was it MB’s fault. Makes a big difference.

Hala Hrvatska
03-20-2023, 09:20 AM
Hundreds of examples of players not being taken off on a yellow too. Like just this weekend Luke Ayling got a yellow in the 24th minute, and wasn't taken off and scored in the 49th, and stayed on the whole game. He tends to get stuck in as you say.

This isn't a point to go at Bob on. It's just another one of the fabricated points you guys keep going to as part of your vendetta against the Bradleys. Also Bob was right, as there wasn't a second yellow, or even anything close.

I don't have a "vendetta". I call it like I see it and as a season ticket holder I want to resume winning and being an elite team in the MLS. Nothing is "fabricated" about managers taking players off who have yellows, and using fresher subs without a yellow.

PS no idea who Luke Ayling is. I'll take your word for it though. Of course, players can play with yellows, but the risk of a second is there. Less likely with Mike like I said due to not getting stuck in like a Camavinga, Caseimiro, Ramos, and whomever Ayling is. One slip, one mili second "late" on a tackle, and its a second yellow and the team goes down a man. Or a "tactical" handball or tackle, or shirt pull to stop a counter, when you have a yellow, you can't do it....or will risk a red.

Cheers.

Yuushalinsky
03-20-2023, 09:22 AM
I think the better discussion to have would be why did MB have to stray out of his pocket to make the tackle? Did someone else neglect their defensive duties or was it MB’s fault. Makes a big difference.

Something you CAN criticize MB on is that he tends to take on too much for his current ability - he still thinks he's 25, at Roma, and bodying fools when in reality..