PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 3 - Columbus @ TFC Sat March 11 7:38pm - Ooh, I got you I got you I got....

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-06-2023, 08:39 AM
Ooh, What you do, what you do

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ocq8UlLuuw&ab_channel=HD_AUDIO

Have at It People

OgtheDim
03-06-2023, 08:45 AM
(I was seriously considering that if we had to deal with Caldwell et al on the away games this year, that I would watch only while listening to long trance dance mixes instead of the play by play - just to reduce the negative vibes)

Kamp Berg
03-06-2023, 08:48 AM
(I was seriously considering that if we had to deal with Caldwell et al on the away games this year, that I would watch only while listening to long trance dance mixes instead of the play by play - just to reduce the negative vibes)

I was hoping he wouldn’t be on home games either.

Smokecell
03-06-2023, 08:50 AM
Unfortunately something to consider, especially given he conditions - the pitch is likely to be a factor in how we are able to play.

By now I think it's a matter of fact rather than opinion that the BMO Grounds Crew is not producing a quality playing surface. I suspect that we'll see a very patchy field.

Yuushalinsky
03-06-2023, 09:22 AM
Unfortunately something to consider, especially given he conditions - the pitch is likely to be a factor in how we are able to play.

By now I think it's a matter of fact rather than opinion that the BMO Grounds Crew is not producing a quality playing surface. I suspect that we'll see a very patchy field.

Hopefully it'll be better but damn these past couple of weeks have been brutal for the grounds

613reppingTFC
03-06-2023, 09:27 AM
^ yeah I was going to say normally people have commented on the pitch earlier than the week before the first game here. I cannot imagine these conditions are helping at all. I know a few years ago they were complaining that the wind was too much for the growing lights on the field to stay up. I suppose not many updates on the condition of it.

SenorDingDong
03-06-2023, 10:21 AM
Pitch and weather may be terrible. Guys who have been here awhile will be used to it.

That said, this game is a MUST win. If we can get 3 points, hopefully can start building momentum.

I really hope Osorio gets motivated. He has been really quiet.

I assume Lorenzo is back and hope he gives 100% too. Whole team needs to be fired up for this and ready to go, even if its a blizzard out.

Canary10
03-06-2023, 10:24 AM
My back yard grass was in great shape until the two snowmageddons we just had. Might still be ok underneath it. BMO might not be too bad. Weather looks pretty March for Saturday, but I don't trust anything this far out. Fingers crossed.

Joe Kool
03-06-2023, 10:25 AM
2 degrees and 20% chance of snow currently for gametime Saturday.....as much as I hope for better I am pretty sure given historical March temps we are pretty much getting what is forecasted. Would be nicer if our stadium was more enclosed like other stadiums. The design or lack thereof just allows wind to be a factor.

Canary10
03-06-2023, 10:40 AM
2 degrees and 20% chance of snow currently for gametime Saturday.....as much as I hope for better I am pretty sure given historical March temps we are pretty much getting what is forecasted. Would be nicer if our stadium was more enclosed like other stadiums. The design or lack thereof just allows wind to be a factor.

I wore shorts yesterday on a run. So you never know...

Wind is a fact of life in Toronto now. It's almost never not windy, especially along the Lakeshore. They need to do something about that as part of the World Cup renos I think.

ag futbol
03-06-2023, 10:56 AM
I wore shorts yesterday on a run. So you never know...

Wind is a fact of life in Toronto now. It's almost never not windy, especially along the Lakeshore. They need to do something about that as part of the World Cup renos I think.
They need to seize the opportunity here and build a proper 40,000 seater enclosed stadium. The team and the nats will grow into it over time.

OgtheDim
03-06-2023, 11:37 AM
^ yeah I was going to say normally people have commented on the pitch earlier than the week before the first game here. I cannot imagine these conditions are helping at all. I know a few years ago they were complaining that the wind was too much for the growing lights on the field to stay up. I suppose not many updates on the condition of it.

Their tweets indicate grow lights have been on since early February.

OgtheDim
03-06-2023, 11:43 AM
I was hoping he wouldn’t be on home games either.

Looks like you get your wish - TSN have on Montreal @ Nasvhille.

Yuushalinsky
03-06-2023, 11:53 AM
https://twitter.com/BMOGrounds/status/1631432069032058881/photo/1

If we're talking about the grounds team not tweeting, we just got one on the 2nd and it's looking not too bad - at least, on Thursday before snowmageddeon...

Ultra & Proud
03-06-2023, 11:57 AM
They need to seize the opportunity here and build a proper 40,000 seater enclosed stadium. The team and the nats will grow into it over time.
They said last year that we can't have an enclosed stadium as it would change the stadium's fire code status to indoor (or whatever Roger's Centre is) and rule out smoke and stuff like that. It was during the WC announcement of their half-assed planned upgrades of BMO.

Canary10
03-06-2023, 12:07 PM
They said last year that we can't have an enclosed stadium as it would change the stadium's fire code status to indoor (or whatever Roger's Centre is) and rule out smoke and stuff like that. It was during the WC announcement of their half-assed planned upgrades of BMO.

Even blocking off the open ends would make it enclosed?

Kamp Berg
03-06-2023, 12:09 PM
Looks like you get your wish - TSN have on Montreal @ Nasvhille.

Thank you! You just made my day 👍🏻

nick.mastro
03-06-2023, 12:30 PM
Watching those drone stadium episodes on apple makes it so sad how BMO has fallen way behind as a stadium

Yuushalinsky
03-06-2023, 01:01 PM
https://twitter.com/BMOGrounds/status/1632803502194819073/photo/1

Lookin' good.

ensco
03-06-2023, 01:24 PM
This is all so stupid.

Do you know when our home opener was in 2007?

April 28. Which was a pretty cold, blustery day.

SenorDingDong
03-06-2023, 01:39 PM
Watching those drone stadium episodes on apple makes it so sad how BMO has fallen way behind as a stadium

They just need to make the north end / south end look like the east and west.

So kind of 4 walls on all sides. blocks the wind and makes it feel more enclosed.

We are limited by the BS decision to have the argos play there though.

ag futbol
03-06-2023, 01:41 PM
This is all so stupid.

Agreed. Would it kill us to have more summer / fall dates and less spring. Conversely, would those in south Florida not appreciate doing the opposite rather than frying in the stands in mid July?

It’s like we put up with this bullshit because we’re expected to carry the weak half of the league who depend on kids being out of school to draw fans.

JoesphNdo
03-06-2023, 01:41 PM

So kind of 4 walls on all sides. blocks the wind and makes it feel more enclosed.

I'll say it til I'm blue in the face - safe standing. Stop teasing this every few years and just fucking build it. I don't care about how it looks tbh, but safe standing would be huge and we're being left behind by other atmospheres

ag futbol
03-06-2023, 01:42 PM
Honestly, that’s no reason not to plow ahead. There are other ways people will support the team without smoke.

Joe Kool
03-06-2023, 01:45 PM

Makes sense when it comes to the smoke because it might never clear out of the stadium. I may be in the minority but I would rather do without the smoke then. I am there for the footy after all. Would rather a more enclosed stadium.

Mr. Inbetween
03-06-2023, 01:52 PM
FWIW... some Columbus Crew/ Wilfried Nancy insight. A scouting perspective? How will TFC fair against their possession and not transition challenge? Suggest... to read the full conversation.

https://twitter.com/MLSGoneWild/status/1632545741146079232

MikeForbes
03-06-2023, 01:57 PM
Pitch looks a hell of a lot better than this time last year.

https://twitter.com/BMOGrounds/status/1632803502194819073?s=20

Richard
03-06-2023, 01:58 PM
This is all so stupid.

Well how many games did we end up having on the road to start? Also there were a lot less games played then, I agree the league really needs to get it's act together on the scheduling.

Realistically we shouldn't be playing at home until April.

Richard
03-06-2023, 02:07 PM

This is what happens when you've got an ownership with no vision.

We need the "if you build it, they will come" attitude that Tim brought. Instead we seem to get a couple carrots(Insigne/Berna) but no movement on anything regarding the fan experience.

I understand that BMO has got some sentimental value for a few people here l, but realistically we need a whole new stadium to compete and bring us forward as a club.

GlenM
03-06-2023, 02:16 PM

IMO, Caldwell is the most negative commentor I have ever heard.

GlenM

CorrwgBach
03-06-2023, 02:30 PM
FWIW... some Columbus Crew/ Wilfried Nancy insight. A scouting perspective? How will TFC fair against their possession and not transition challenge? Suggest... to read the full conversation.

https://twitter.com/MLSGoneWild/status/1632545741146079232

In the other videos in that stream the most obvious thing I see is that's what its like to have a quick skilled centre forward. Tactics are easier then. :-)

jloome
03-06-2023, 02:52 PM

I think there's a great movie script yet to be written about Patrick Cowley and Sylvester.

jloome
03-06-2023, 02:55 PM
Realistically we shouldn't be playing at home until April.

Really, this is the answer. Or start the league later. This'll be the norm now though, with Leagues Cup added.

CorrwgBach
03-06-2023, 03:00 PM
Really, this is the answer. Or start the league later. This'll be the norm now though, with Leagues Cup added.

Even with this early start. MLS cup is not until Dec 9. And as we can remember that can be very cold.

OgtheDim
03-06-2023, 03:30 PM
I think there's a great movie script yet to be written about Patrick Cowley and Sylvester.

I tried to explain to a Gen Z person that this song was the first really well known EDM & they looked at me like I put up a cave as an example of the first cathedral.

NK Toronto
03-06-2023, 08:10 PM
Even with this early start. MLS cup is not until Dec 9. And as we can remember that can be very cold.

I don't think we have to worry about the weather for any TFC games this season after October.

jloome
03-06-2023, 08:40 PM
I tried to explain to a Gen Z person that this song was the first really well known EDM & they looked at me like I put up a cave as an example of the first cathedral.

Cowley was an underappreciated genius. A big fuck you to HIV on that one.

Mr. Inbetween
03-07-2023, 02:11 AM

Cowley was an underappreciated genius. A big fuck you to HIV on that one.

Preach... seminal links of the so many in the evolution of that genre along for me with Moroder/Bellotte/Wedel, The 'Moog' Synth, Korg Analog Sequencer, Kraftwerk, Eno, Silver Apples, The Monkees, PFunk-Bernie Worrell, Afrika Bambaataa ( Sadly Hip Hop's Gary Glitter?), CabVoltaire, Jamaican Dub- King Tubby, Scratch, ET & Pablo, D-Tech- B3/Atkins, May & Saunderson, Windy City 'Warehouse' with FKnuckles, FFunk, Fingers Inc.. etc. ...

Mr. Inbetween
03-07-2023, 02:14 AM
I don't think we have to worry about the weather for any TFC games this season after October.

Ouchie! Though that is my declared pessimistic position in the current RPB survey/poll. Hopefully, I am wrong and Graeme is right this year as well!

Mr. Inbetween
03-07-2023, 04:19 AM

This previous post of mine is actually relevant to this posting by OtD. A great highlight by him to review; just re-positioned by me from another thread for referencing convenience and relevance. :)

Just gonna put this article about Columbus & W Nancy & tactics....interesting read.

(limited article reads)

https://www.dispatch.com/story/sports/mls/columbus-crew/2023/03/05/wilfried-nancy-seeking-more-columbus-crew-dc-united-win/69971464007/

OgtheDim
03-07-2023, 08:25 AM
Yeh, I have gained a lot of respect for Nancy - he has his way which seems to work with a limited budget. He's not just a "I brought these guys along when I coached them in the academy" coach.

They want the ball - so will we. That is going to make for a very interesting game.

Kamp Berg
03-07-2023, 10:21 AM
Yeh, I have gained a lot of respect for Nancy - he has his way which seems to work with a limited budget. He's not just a "I brought these guys along when I coached them in the academy" coach.

They want the ball - so will we. That is going to make for a very interesting game.

If us holding the ball entails pushing the midfield higher, I think we can all agree that disaster might be the outcome. Which makes me wonder, how BB can build a team that seems so unsuited to his game plan? Hopefully last game showed his flexibility and that he continues to adapt to the reality of the roster.

nick.mastro
03-07-2023, 10:53 AM

It doesnt even have to be seats that need to be added. I would love to have those glass enclosed walking areas over the south and eventual north ends - Just like St. Louis and Austin has. Makes the stadium feel bigger and more closed in.

https://fox2now.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2022/05/city.jpg?w=1280

Mr. Inbetween
03-07-2023, 11:10 AM
^
I watched the MLS/Apple highlights of St. Louis City SC at their (City)Park season home debut. The on-screen seating-to-pitch intimacy seemed like I was watching an EPL match.

jloome
03-07-2023, 12:24 PM
^
I watched the MLS/Apple highlights of St. Louis City SC at their (City)Park season home debut. The on-screen seating-to-pitch intimacy seemed like I was watching an EPL match.

Yeah, they really got it right. They used the old-fashioned Elland Road/Stamford Bridge format of a rectangle with high-slope seating to bring everyone close to the pitch. It's not as pronounced an elevation as Chelsea or Leeds but it's clear they understood how to create noise and atmosphere.

Plus, it looks phenomenal from above.

JoesphNdo
03-07-2023, 12:31 PM
Yeah, they really got it right. They used the old-fashioned Elland Road/Stamford Bridge format of a rectangle with high-slope seating to bring everyone close to the pitch. It's not as pronounced an elevation as Chelsea or Leeds but it's clear they understood how to create noise and atmosphere.

Plus, it looks phenomenal from above.

I absolutely love a steep stadium. If we could knock down and rebuild BMO tomorrow I'd just do a mini Mestella or Bombonera, you can't beat that look or the noise

ag futbol
03-07-2023, 12:42 PM
Does the new apple stream allows for a no commentary option ?

SenorDingDong
03-07-2023, 01:27 PM
It doesnt even have to be seats that need to be added. I would love to have those glass enclosed walking areas over the south and eventual north ends - Just like St. Louis and Austin has. Makes the stadium feel bigger and more closed in.

https://fox2now.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/14/2022/05/city.jpg?w=1280

This is great. Nice area to warm up from the cold too.
They could for sure do this without tearing down BMO.

jloome
03-07-2023, 01:32 PM
Does the new apple stream allows for a no commentary option ?

Unfortunately not. And the promise of radio commentary has become "for home teams only" and in most cases "not even that."

The technical end is being done brilliantly. The direction, camera work and resolution are all top-notch.

The commenting is mostly the low-rent, subpar shit that most MLS towns have presented since the league began. Honestly, we had the best color guy in Kevin Kilbane by a mile. He was as willing to take to task as Dempsey, but conversely correct far more often.

But they didn't hire him, and they didnt' hire Wileman who is now with both TSN and HBO, apparently. Why get erudite and knowledgeable when you can get "yeahhh, boooi" and something that would work better in an ax body spray commercial.

Also, HD and big screens are not kind to those in studio who've decided to inject plastic into their face and lips, it must be said. "Work" shows up pretty heavily on an 80" screen.

jloome
03-07-2023, 01:34 PM
I absolutely love a steep stadium. If we could knock down and rebuild BMO tomorrow I'd just do a mini Mestella or Bombonera, you can't beat that look or the noise

I'm not fond of the 'rounded' look of those stadiums versus square, but that's just an outward aesthetic thing. They sure got the atmosphere nailed down inside with steep seating.

We do it here with basketball and hockey arenas, but not soccer for the most part, which is weird.

OgtheDim
03-07-2023, 01:45 PM
We got a real problem in Canada assuming an English accent is good.

Put a mid-west accent on Wileman & people would think he was full of schtick. All playbyplay have a chart they use with information. Wileman has a set of cue cards of anecdotes that he pathologically needs to get through by minute 22.

Kilbane is very good content wise & I can see him getting a gig with Apple in the next few years.

OgtheDim
03-07-2023, 02:12 PM
Ok, weather.

Supposedly...+1

4 days out so its still really just throwing darts as they say

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkDvqQKGgDA&ab_channel=MercerReport

jloome
03-07-2023, 02:15 PM

Put a mid-west accent on Wileman & people would think he was full of schtick. All playbyplay have a chart they use with information. Wileman has a set of cue cards of anecdotes that he pathologically needs to get through by minute 22.

Kilbane is very good content wise & I can see him getting a gig with Apple in the next few years.

I think Luke is good. He was good at the BBC in Leeds before here, too.

I'm not saying he -- or even most of the Brit announcers -- is mind-blowing. And some of the Americans are great. But on balance? The experience of having done it for years in multiple leagues shows. Their best commentators last weekend tended to be the Brits, as far as I'm concerned. (I mean, I grew up with that, so I'm clearly biased.)

Ultra & Proud
03-07-2023, 02:44 PM

But compared to the two Apple MLS color guys we had in weeks 1 & 2, Wileman is like Peter Drury. The last week guy just sounded like a MLB broadcaster with his useless statistics like height and such while in week one those two guys offered nothing but lame joke attempts and cheap Apple MLS sales pitches. So far 3 of 4 Apple commentators have been hacks. Last weeks analyst was pretty good. I liked him.

JoesphNdo
03-07-2023, 03:14 PM

As a non Canadian that always stood out to me, like people on Canadian TV think football can only be explained to them by someone from Britain. Very odd, always felt like a weird insecurity to me. I don't think Caldwell is let anywhere near a commentary booth if he's from Ontario, for example

Agree on Kilbane, though. I was surprised he didn't end up at Apple in the initial round up

OgtheDim
03-07-2023, 03:33 PM
As a non Canadian that always stood out to me, like people on Canadian TV think football can only be explained to them by someone from Britain. Very odd, always felt like a weird insecurity to me. ...

History

Most of us who grew up here watching soccer in the 70's & 80's & 90's have had an English voice tell us what was good.

The first Italian voices didn't show up until the late 80's & they were quickly ghettoized to "ethnic" channels.

ag futbol
03-07-2023, 04:08 PM
Unfortunately not. And the promise of radio commentary has become "for home teams only" and in most cases "not even that."

The technical end is being done brilliantly. The direction, camera work and resolution are all top-notch.

The commenting is mostly the low-rent, subpar shit that most MLS towns have presented since the league began. Honestly, we had the best color guy in Kevin Kilbane by a mile. He was as willing to take to task as Dempsey, but conversely correct far more often.

But they didn't hire him, and they didnt' hire Wileman who is now with both TSN and HBO, apparently. Why get erudite and knowledgeable when you can get "yeahhh, boooi" and something that would work better in an ax body spray commercial.

Also, HD and big screens are not kind to those in studio who've decided to inject plastic into their face and lips, it must be said. "Work" shows up pretty heavily on an 80" screen.
My frustration is with the match-centre, half time, and in-week shows. They feel mostly low rent, superficial / poorly thought out, and absent character. It’s like they spent all their money on that ultra modern minimalist studio, then forgot about everything else.

Many of the people who appear are just not good in front of the camera. They also live in their heads about 20 years ago when this league was wondering if it was going to make it. They should be thanked for their service but asked to take on other roles.

If MLS’s hope of impressing Apple is Andrew Wiebe’s charisma, they might as well just file for chapter 11 now.

Canary10
03-07-2023, 04:52 PM
My frustration is with the match-centre, half time, and in-week shows. They feel mostly low rent, superficial / poorly thought out, and absent character. It’s like they spent all their money on that ultra modern minimalist studio, then forgot about everything else.

Many of the people who appear are just not good in front of the camera. They also live in their heads about 20 years ago when this league was wondering if it was going to make it. They should be thanked for their service but asked to take on other roles.

If MLS’s hope of impressing Apple is Andrew Wiebe’s charisma, they might as well just file for chapter 11 now.

I usually turn off the stream at the half and come back at the restart. The same for Fubo FPL games to be honest. Don't care to watch anything outside of the game. I'm so glad not to be using illegal streams or, worse, TSN with Wileman and Caldwell that any commentating is fine by me.

Joe Kool
03-07-2023, 05:03 PM
I usually turn off the stream at the half and come back at the restart. The same for Fubo FPL games to be honest. Don't care to watch anything outside of the game.

This is me too. I tuned into the first pre-game show on Apple and decided going forward I get that 30 min of my life for something else since I will never watch that again. For the most part I have always done that whether with TSN, Fubo or DAZN. Really don't care myself about all these "expert's" opinions are. I would rather discuss stuff with all the fine folks on this forum.

JonO
03-07-2023, 05:35 PM
Ok, weather.

Supposedly...+1

4 days out so its still really just throwing darts as they say

High is +1 - low is -7. Probably somewhere in the middle. Still hate that the games this time of year aren’t midday games.

Kamp Berg
03-07-2023, 07:09 PM
I usually turn off the stream at the half and come back at the restart. The same for Fubo FPL games to be honest. Don't care to watch anything outside of the game. I'm so glad not to be using illegal streams or, worse, TSN with Wileman and Caldwell that any commentating is fine by me.

This is me too. I tuned into the first pre-game show on Apple and decided going forward I get that 30 min of my life for something else since I will never watch that again. For the most part I have always done that weather with TSN, Fubo or DAZN. Really don't care myself about all these "expert's" opinions are. I would rather discuss stuff with all the fine folks on this forum.

Couldn't agree more.

OgtheDim
03-07-2023, 09:33 PM
Its interesting about the half time shows as I expected Apple to bring it back to the studio for a proper halftime show like they do in the NFL. Or least to take 360 into halftime show mode & talk about other games. I don't mind what they are doing because it beats what TSN used to do

3 minutes commercial

1 minutes of "Well Stevie or Kevin or Julian, what is your talking point"

2 minutes of highlights

2 minutes of "talking points"

3 minutes commercials

2 minutes of "highlights from around the league tonight"

2 minutes commecials

2nd Half

Oh wait...that is EXACTLY what they are doing....

Mr. Inbetween
03-07-2023, 11:34 PM
History: Most of us who grew up here watching soccer in the 70's & 80's & 90's have had an English voice tell us what was good. The first Italian voices didn't show up until the late 80's & they were quickly ghettoized to "ethnic" channels.

True about the live international broadcasts/feeds. IIUC, it also helps that the 1970 World Cup in Mexico was the first to be transmitted via satellite by the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The first, the pioneers, in this matter, of football's global telecasts/television broadcasts, always have a special place in the hearts and minds of fanatics. I seem to remember as a child before and sometime still after that period some seminal matches were watched at locations like MLG? Locals? In my fathers household- Mid 70's? We always had time to listen to the voice of a personality from his generation... the English/Scottish of Graham Leggat. Local Canadian/English honourable mentions? Perhaps T-Blizzard... Brian Budd, as well as, Enio Perruzza? Italian Serie A? Maybe Paolo Canciani?

Mr. Inbetween
03-08-2023, 12:21 AM
Hopes for this match... TFC maintain their renewed commitment to defense. Build and test their abilities to challenge and regain possession. Finally... probe and exploit opportunities of attack. At the same time, that Fede 'Bernadette Ski'- according to Apple Caption- is rewarded with a third consecutive goal for the deserving record and especially this... :)

https://twitter.com/KULA1087/status/1633245398545342466

https://twitter.com/tfcaggr/status/1633243636820475905

Joe Kool
03-08-2023, 11:03 AM
So I never take the GO train usually but if I recall last year there was some kind of day pass that was available (half price of round trip if I recall) that I had no idea about until the season was basically over so I was driving the whole time because I could park for less than a single person round trip and bring multiple people with me. Anyone know of any promo thing going on this year with GO or just the full fare right now on gameday? I wish TFC would get a deal going to promote GO since there is a station right beside the stadium.

BritSOL
03-08-2023, 11:06 AM
So I never take the GO train usually but if I recall last year there was some kind of day pass that was available (half price of round trip if I recall) that I had no idea about until the season was basically over so I was driving the whole time because I could park for less than a single person round trip and bring multiple people with me. Anyone know of any promo thing going on this year with GO or just the full fare right now on gameday? I wish TFC would get a deal going to promote GO since there is a station right beside the stadium.

$10 day pass

https://www.gotransit.com/en/travelling-with-us/promotions-and-events/weekend-passes-with-go

FootBallAZ
03-08-2023, 11:35 AM
sadly looking forward to this game in person- however- same issues i seen- everyone is happy that TFC drew with ATL- - the underlying issue - there is no offense to this team.

FB with a brilliant individual effort again- go back to the first game- PK and Free Kick - no goals in the flow of play which is really scary to me.

going back last season, majority of goals were scored by brilliant individual performances by either LI/FB/Crisicito.

my issue is -lack of possession + critical mistakes when TFC has an opportunity to take advantage.

I also am guessing LI doesnt like it at TFC- the fact FB is consistently out performing him also seems to be another underlying issue- even LI instagram post as of yesterday posted a picture of him in a Napoli kit celebrating ( i know napoli is on fire right now)

which also begs to question- after LI left Napoli suddenly became a lot better. It should be his team but I feel based on performance, consistency and longevity -this is becoming FB team.

I look forward to hoping to have 40% possesion, 4 shots with at least 2 on target with over 80% pass success.

unfortunately the coach for Columbus was not pleased with his teams performance after winning due to the fact -Columbus didnt win the possession battle.

Contrast to all of TFC supporters being happy with the away point, with terrible passing, terrible possession and no real threat of actually scoring. I feel like columbus will come out trying to make up for their last game with strong possession- even though they won - their coach actually was not pleased.

VS TFC happy with a point, which could have easily been a loss if that offside goal wasn't reversed.

I hope to be wrong and would like to see either one of the mid-fields to be benched in favor of Servania preferably kaye or bradley- although osorio shouldnt get a pass either.

the past three seasons - have really lowered expectations and set the bar low to what will please a TFC supporter which is unfortunate in my opinion.

Ultra & Proud
03-08-2023, 11:40 AM
I hope to be wrong and would like to see either one of the mid-fields to be benched in favor of Servania preferably kaye or bradley- although osorio shouldnt get a pass either.

On form Osorio should probably sit but I would prefer a 4 man midfield and minimize what we need to toss up top since other than FB currently, it's just an assortment of crap.

Joe Kool
03-08-2023, 12:13 PM
$10 day pass

https://www.gotransit.com/en/travelling-with-us/promotions-and-events/weekend-passes-with-go

Thanks man. I need to tune up my Google search skills.

OgtheDim
03-08-2023, 12:50 PM
I am reminded that people have the right to say "Crap" but gawd there are times when I just want to quote Oddball in here...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AEj3LA2vSo&ab_channel=dingo585

MikeForbes
03-08-2023, 07:46 PM
Someone needs to sit on Luca Zelarayan, but I fear no one in our midfield is capable of that.

Kamp Berg
03-08-2023, 07:55 PM
Someone needs to sit on Luca Zelarayan, but I fear no one in our midfield is capable of that.

Bradley & Servinia?

MikeForbes
03-08-2023, 09:36 PM
Bradley & Servinia?

If it takes two guys to do that, we are giving Nagbe the ability to run the match and leaving Hedges and Rosted the job of watching Cucho. This is an awful match up for us.

jloome
03-08-2023, 11:56 PM
If it takes two guys to do that, we are giving Nagbe the ability to run the match and leaving Hedges and Rosted the job of watching Cucho. This is an awful match up for us.

He's so influential for them it's honestly worth playing with a shadow. Have Servania, as he has the speed, sit on him the entire game. If he steps over half, he's all over him like a shadow at noon.

Take Zelarayan out of the game and Columbus usually doesn't win.

OgtheDim
03-09-2023, 06:58 AM
Same broadcast crew that did the Atlanta game

https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1633158486677680128

People getting their English voice.... :smilewinkgrin:

Derko
03-09-2023, 10:06 AM
Thanks man. I need to tune up my Google search skills.
Apparently there is major platform contruction at Exhibition GO Station (of course) and a Leafs game at 7:00pm, so expect a GO train nightmare, as always public transit in Toronto is still a shitshow and will be when we host WC games.

MikeForbes
03-09-2023, 10:08 AM
Same broadcast crew that did the Atlanta game

https://twitter.com/MLS_PR/status/1633158486677680128

People getting their English voice.... :smilewinkgrin:

I was wondering why the guy doing commentary sounded so familiar, turns out he calls New Jersey Devils games.

Kamp Berg
03-09-2023, 11:05 AM
Been thinking of the 3-5-2(or 3-4-1-2) and how it might serve the team best. Could mitigate the lack of 90 min players in the mid. Something like:

———————Johnson———————
——O’Neill——Hedges——Rosted——
Layrea-Bradley/Servinia-Kaye/Osorio-Petretta
——————Insigne/Vasquez———————
————Berna————Akinola/Diamonde—

SoccMan2
03-09-2023, 11:08 AM
Yes it’s very sad, we had the chance to really get BMO upgraded to one of the best stadiums in MLS with it hosting some World Cup games in 2026 but no instead will get some temporary stands bullshit put in. Therefore , if hosting an event like the World Cup can’t get us a proper enclosed soccer stadium then nothing will. There will be a new Scotia Bank Arena before we ever or ever get a proper stadium for soccer in this city . Very sad indeed , I’ve been a season ticket holder since day one but the stadium experience sucks and don’t know how much longer I can go attending games in that sorry excuse of a stadium seeing what other MLS teams are playing in. Not getting a permanent reno even with the World Cup coming is more or less the final straw for me !

Yuushalinsky
03-09-2023, 11:33 AM
Been thinking of the 3-5-2(or 3-4-1-2) and how it might serve the team best. Could mitigate the lack of 90 min players in the mid. Something like:

———————Johnson———————

Don't hate this - especially with our relative quality at wing back now, it would let us take advantage of two workhorses in Petretta and Laryea while having more overlap for our strike team.

jloome
03-09-2023, 11:36 AM
Don't hate this - especially with our relative quality at wing back now, it would let us take advantage of two workhorses in Petretta and Laryea while having more overlap for our strike team.

Plus it's familiar to Richie; it's the style (as a 343 but really it's a 3-4-1-2) he played at Nottingham Forest last season. Don't think anyone here uses it.

Yuushalinsky
03-09-2023, 11:43 AM
Plus it's familiar to Richie; it's the style (as a 343 but really it's a 3-4-1-2) he played at Nottingham Forest last season. Don't think anyone here uses it.

I'm honestly confused as to why we don't run it more often in general - unless it's because CB/FB quality usually isn't high enough compared to the forward quality in the league, but I think it would be a great way for us to work if we've got studs at that wing position.

spe18
03-09-2023, 12:12 PM
Apparently there is major platform contruction at Exhibition GO Station (of course) and a Leafs game at 7:00pm, so expect a GO train nightmare, as always public transit in Toronto is still a shitshow and will be when we host WC games.

https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-future-go/improvements/exhibition-go

Construction on the south platform (Platform 4) is progressing and by Saturday, March 11, before the first train service, the previously closed portion will reopen. We have completed curb work on the platform as well as foundation work for the new temporary pedestrian bridge. Work will continue to extend Platform 4 further east to make space for future Ontario Line construction.

:)

Kamp Berg
03-09-2023, 12:29 PM
I'm honestly confused as to why we don't run it more often in general - unless it's because CB/FB quality usually isn't high enough compared to the forward quality in the league, but I think it would be a great way for us to work if we've got studs at that wing position.

Seems like BB is wedded to the idea of only using two CB’s regardless of the reality of the roster. Hopefully it’s not true and he shows he’s able too adapt.

Derko
03-09-2023, 03:02 PM
https://www.gotransit.com/en/the-future-go/improvements/exhibition-go

Construction on the south platform (Platform 4) is progressing and by Saturday, March 11, before the first train service, the previously closed portion will reopen. We have completed curb work on the platform as well as foundation work for the new temporary pedestrian bridge. Work will continue to extend Platform 4 further east to make space for future Ontario Line construction.

Good to hear

Mr. Inbetween
03-09-2023, 03:19 PM

———————Johnson———————

Is Diomande out/injured? Is Akinola expected to play/start? Does the season of Perruzza :) begin?

OgtheDim
03-09-2023, 03:33 PM
And, here's what people need to know about TTC in the area - there are some long term issues

If you want to go to Liberty Village via TTC, plan on taking a bus or walking up from the Ex station

a) King Car not running in that area - shuttle buses along King from Bathurst to Dundas West - King Cars from the East diverting to Fleet St Loop (not going all the way to the Ex)

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/Service-Changes/504-304-Temporary-route-change-due-to-infrastructure-work

b) The Dufferin bus is not going to the Dufferin loop - its going through Liberty Village - expect delays

https://www.ttc.ca/service-advisories/Service-Changes/29-329-29329-DufferinDufferin-Night-Bus-Temporary-route-change-during-sewer-repair

There are NO subway closures this weekend.

For those who don't know, GO have opened up the second exit on the North side of the Ex Go station. We still have the bottleneck at the south end.

We shall see if the GO canine unit comes out this weekend.

Mr. Inbetween
03-09-2023, 03:43 PM
^
Ossington 63 seems to be running?

OgtheDim
03-09-2023, 04:29 PM
^
Ossington 63 seems to be running?

Yes...usual slow stuff around Liberty Village even more with the Dufferin & King Bus sitiuation but...still going.

nick.mastro
03-09-2023, 06:05 PM

———————Johnson———————

Would love to see this... now tell stubborn Bradley to actually try some new formations.

DavemTFC
03-09-2023, 07:12 PM
BB used 3ATB on very rare occasions last year, only times I can remember were Clb and Mtl away and both times were more by necessity than anything and also didn't really work. It would totally make sense with the team we have now though.

Agree we need to have Zelarayan and Nagbe tightly covered and Servania's probably the only one who can reliably do the job covering the former. Oso can take Nagbe which I guess would mean MAK would have to sit unless Bob shocks everyone and gives #4 a break

los sonadores
03-09-2023, 08:39 PM

I think we have to get our wingbacks less perilously forward. And both Italians seem to look good working inside. No way we have the tactical discipline that Forest had but that’s probably beside the point. We have talent and it should be workable.

I also suspect that both our 3rd and fourth centre halves would work best in a back 3. Maybe Rosted as well (though it’s early days for him).

NK Toronto
03-09-2023, 08:51 PM
Has MLSE forgotten that they own a soccer club? No press conference on the team app since last week. No news about the club. They have stopped making those short clips called All for One. What the hell is happening? Has MLSE given up?

jloome
03-09-2023, 10:40 PM
Has MLSE forgotten that they own a soccer club? No press conference on the team app since last week. No news about the club. They have stopped making those short clips called All for One. What the hell is happening? Has MLSE given up?

No coach or player interviews after the game last week, either.

Richard
03-09-2023, 10:46 PM
Are they not obligated to do those things now because of Apple?

It's kind of staggering how irrelevant this club has become after winning in 2017.

Mr. Inbetween
03-09-2023, 11:41 PM

https://twitter.com/KULA1087/status/1634049889029042177

https://twitter.com/colinscameron/status/1633955520116584448

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 01:08 AM
Are they not obligated to do those things now because of Apple?

It's kind of staggering how irrelevant this club has become after winning in 2017.

I’m assuming it’s an Apple thing. They probably own the rights to that sort of content and don’t feel it has enough mass appeal to use it.

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 01:14 AM
Anyone have any idea if Ayo and Diomande are fit?

Mr. Inbetween
03-10-2023, 08:15 AM
Anyone have any idea if Ayo and Diomande are fit?

Maybe Perruzza? Maybe Kerr?

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1633984173647052807

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 08:35 AM
No coach or player interviews after the game last week, either.

Post match interviews with coaches & players were done but not put online - which is unusual. Almost like no social person was down there.

Kamp Berg
03-10-2023, 08:43 AM

Does Michael Singh even know anything about the team or football in general? Kerr as the ST seems equivalent to no one at ST.
A 3-5-2 with LI and FB up top seems like the best chance of success.

MikeForbes
03-10-2023, 08:57 AM
I'd rather start Bernie as the striker than whatever youth academy guy Singh wants to overhype this week.

Mr. Inbetween
03-10-2023, 09:02 AM
Does Michael Singh even know anything about the team or football in general? Kerr as the ST seems equivalent to no one at ST.
A 3-5-2 with LI and FB up top seems like the best chance of success.

Do not disagree with your assertion as a better chance for success. However, it is predicated on the supposition that BB will continue to demonstrate some tactical flexibility. Let's see if he chooses again to adapt his default style of play/formation?

Canary10
03-10-2023, 09:03 AM
Time for a false 9.

Mr. Inbetween
03-10-2023, 09:11 AM
Time for a false 9.

Wouldn't a false 9 require TFC defensively to abandon any hope of help by the double pivot?

ag futbol
03-10-2023, 09:28 AM
Time for the early spring of Perruzza.

If they aren’t going to try the kid out now in his primary position I have to seriously question their judgement signing him at all when he was out of contract. So far, he’s had spot minutes as a winger, which frankly is ridiculous and unsuitable for the way he plays.

It’s like Bob has this narrow idea of what a certain positions do and fitting that mould is more important than actually having talent.

It’s the same reasons we traded Shaff for a bag of magic beans.

jloome
03-10-2023, 09:30 AM
Wouldn't a false 9 require TFC defensively to abandon any hope of help by the double pivot?

No, not at all. In fact it works better as you have a connector between the high midfielder and the front line that can play between the defensive lines. When the ball is in the middle third, they're effectively a number 10. When the ball is in the box or with the wide forwards, the'yre a trailing or supporting number nine.

DeAndre Kerr can be dangerous with the ball at his feet and can shoot, but I've seen nothing to suggest he's ready to be an MLS striker. Ridiculous suggestion. It's like Singh thinks their only job is to beat an offside trap or something.

jloome
03-10-2023, 09:32 AM
Time for the early spring of Perruzza.

If they aren’t going to try the kid out now in his primary position I have to seriously question their judgement signing him at all when he was out of contract. So far, he’s had spot minutes as a winger, which frankly is ridiculous and unsuitable for the way he plays.

It’s like Bob has this narrow idea of what a certain positions do and fitting that mould is more important than actually having talent.

It’s the same reasons we traded Shaff for a bag of magic beans.

Yeah, the book on Peruzza has always been 'good finisher', big target. He's a skill player not a speed merchant. I think he has fairly high movement IQ for a young player which is why I like him; I think he'd be a good poacher. But he's not going to get a chance here, I don't think. And playingg him on the wing is probably just wasting time.

Canary10
03-10-2023, 09:32 AM

Are we playing a double pivot? I haven't seen that.

It was more a joke though. Bad one probably, lol.

SenorDingDong
03-10-2023, 11:20 AM

How are these guys both injured? Especially Akinola. He's 23 years old.

buddies
03-10-2023, 11:24 AM
I think the best option we have is to move Oso up front. How many times has he gotten himself into good spots in the box and how many clutch goals has he scored from those good spots. Give him a game of Insigne and Berna throwing balls into the box and I don't think he'll disappoint us. 60 mins of Servania and another half hour of Vazquez in the midfield will fill the gap for a day ...

jloome
03-10-2023, 11:25 AM
How are these guys both injured? Especially Akinola. He's 23 years old.

He's become more built in each season, as Altidore did. Too many muscle groups and too much overwork on the machines equals muscle problems, I'm guessing.

SenorDingDong
03-10-2023, 11:26 AM
I think the best option we have is to move Oso up front. How many times has he gotten himself into good spots in the box and how many clutch goals has he scored from those good spots. Give him a game of Insigne and Berna throwing balls into the box and I don't think he'll disappoint us. 60 mins of Servania and another half hour of Vazquez in the midfield will fill the gap for a day ...

Or throw Insigne in the box and Oso in his spot.

Red CB Toronto
03-10-2023, 11:31 AM
7:30 PM kickoffs are so dumb at this time of year. You just never know what the weather will be. At least it is tomorrow and not today as the flurries start to bounce around.

Canary10
03-10-2023, 11:33 AM

I second this.

Ultra & Proud
03-10-2023, 11:35 AM
He's become more built in each season, as Altidore did. Too many muscle groups and too much overwork on the machines equals muscle problems, I'm guessing.
I think this is right also I remember when that one sports doctor looked at Jozy he mentioned muscle balance. Once that's off then these kinds of muscle injuries keep happening.

But this year I think having a preseason interrupted by a lot of rain and really not that many exhibition matches due to a seemingly short training camp is causing a lot of these hamstring & quad issues. Really they should just scrap this stupid Leagues Cup and work on growing MLS with Apple and have the season start when it should, end when it should, and have a steady schedule with nothing compressed.

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 11:58 AM
VV as a false 9?

ag futbol
03-10-2023, 12:11 PM
Yeah, I’m willing to bet in the face of having no experienced option, they try to do some form of an 11 using the best players we have available, even if those players are out of position. Sub for Hugo in the second half or whatnot.

But let me say this: if you want to talk about a lower risk place to work in an inexperienced player, striker is actually a good spot to do it because outside of the high press (which our team realistically shouldn’t be doing often on account of being old and slow) there’s very little impact on the defence. So the guy can screw up and not completely tank our chances.

And let’s be honest, it would be hard to be more invisible than Dio was for the first couple games.

Kamp Berg
03-10-2023, 12:24 PM
Yeah, I’m willing to bet in the face of having no experienced option, they try to do some form of an 11 using the best players we have available, even if those players are out of position. Sub for Hugo in the second half or whatnot.

But let me say this: if you want to talk about a lower risk place to work in an inexperienced player, striker is actually a good spot to do it because outside of the high press (which our team realistically shouldn’t be doing often on account of being old and slow) there’s very little impact on the defence. So the guy can screw up and not completely tank our chances.

And let’s be honest, it would be hard to be more invisible than Dio was for the first couple games.

You have a good point, but it doesn’t appear that TFC has ever been invested in patiently developing youth. So even if Peruzza is given a chance tomorrow and plays well, he will probably still be relegated to the bench for the rest of the season. I’ve come to the opinion that it’s probably best for TFC academy players to be sold young, instead of sitting on the bench until they’re too old to develop or thrown to the wolves, out of position and under pressure.

Kamp Berg
03-10-2023, 12:28 PM
VV as a false 9?

Probably the best option in a 4-3-3

jloome
03-10-2023, 12:32 PM
VV as a false 9?

Yeah, that could work. I mean, it would be more a 'number 10 who feeds wings', the center forward in a 3412, because his speed means he can't start adjacent to the backline. He probably needs a little more initial separation by starting between the lines, which could be achieved by pinching in the wings slightly, making the defense stay entrenched and honest.

But if he played mostly from the hole and as a trailer, he'd probably be really good at it. Sort of a very slow Firmino.

EDIT: In fact, when I consider how Bob mostly wants us to attack from closer to the box than to the endline or sidelines, this sort of makes sense, like having a Poz, but slide-ruling two forwards instead of one.

It would also allow us to drop into difficult block defenses, like a 4-3-2-1 xmas tree, very easily by more subtly shifting original positions.

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 12:35 PM
VV has played as a false 9 before with both us and LAG.

Might work but he's not a factor defensively.

jloome
03-10-2023, 12:37 PM
VV has played as a false 9 before with both us and LAG.

Might work but he's not a factor defensively.

He also played as a 'wide 10' for Vanney at LA. he set up in the zone at the top left corner of the box, but about ten yards deeper diagonally, towards the wings, and then fed either the striker, the advancing midfielder or the overlapping fullback.

I think Vanney was wise to use him in several roles based on when he'd have to provide the least cover going back, as there's just no speed left.

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 12:41 PM
Ok I'm two pints into my weekend so take this for what it is

I think VV plays tomorrow, either starting or as a sub.

I think Insigne starts.

I think we hold them defensively but break down occasionally.

And their defence can't hold our offence.

4-2

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 12:48 PM
Oh, and I think the "BB can't think outside his box" thing needs to die. He showed something different last week. He HAS to show something different tomorrow due to injuries. Criticise his subs and MB's role sure. But he's not 4-4-2 until I die like some coaches in this league.

jloome
03-10-2023, 01:31 PM
Oh, and I think the "BB can't think outside his box" thing needs to die. He showed something different last week. He HAS to show something different tomorrow due to injuries. Criticise his subs and MB's role sure. But he's not 4-4-2 until I die like some coaches in this league.

I don't think it's that he can't think out of the box. He'll adjust out of necessity. It seems more to me that once he's wedded to a particuarl idea in a particular set of circumstances, he's reluctant to alter it.

So when Insigne is fully healthy and we have a striker again, I fully expect us to revert to the 4-3-3 that, for the most part, hasn't really worked, not because it's a bad tactic, but because we don't have the central quickness to sustain it. I hope I'm wrong.

I see a bunch of oddsmakers favor us. I'm having a hard time being optimistic. Then again, Columbus is basically a three-man team, so maybe we come out strong and they don't. On the road, cold weather...

It would be nice to abandon the notion of constantly building from the back. It was satisfying to see Sean Johnson just reject it repeatedly with Atlanta, due to their high pressure.

SoccMan2
03-10-2023, 02:14 PM
After watching both Diomande and Akinoka play in the first games it’s probably a blessing both will be out, Diomande looks washed up and Akinola has been dreadful . With both out get your best 11 on the field and figure out a way to have your best 11 out there. Bernadeschi, Insigne hopefully who we know he can score if he he plays like he cares , Osorio and a few others I have more confidence in scoring than those two injured players . Not a big loss if those two can’t play but actually as they say a blessing in disguise.

ensco
03-10-2023, 02:43 PM
You have a good point, but it doesn’t appear that TFC has ever been invested in patiently developing youth. So even if Peruzza is given a chance tomorrow and plays well, he will probably still be relegated to the bench for the rest of the season. I’ve come to the opinion that it’s probably best for TFC academy players to be sold young, instead of sitting on the bench until they’re too old to develop or thrown to the wolves, out of position and under pressure.

All we want is 300K in GAM for Perruzza. So it's fine. It's all good.

jloome
03-10-2023, 03:13 PM
I wonder if we see the striped jerseys tomorrow.

If we win repeatedly in them, y'all realize, they'll be legendary as the ugliest lucky jersey ever. We'll either never get rid of them or we'll all be demanding their return anytime we lose in the future.

Joe Kool
03-10-2023, 03:36 PM
I wonder if we see the striped jerseys tomorrow.

If we win repeatedly in them, y'all realize, they'll be legendary as the ugliest lucky jersey ever. We'll either never get rid of them or we'll all be demanding their return anytime we lose in the future.

They want to sell them so they will wear them for sure I think.

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 04:06 PM

Insigne’s in the bottom 5th percentile in the league in goals to shots. He’s extremely inefficient.

If Perruza isn’t given a chance I’d say he’s unlikely to ever be given a chance. And no way he’s a winger. But he might still have a shot at being an MLS backup striker. Yes, he’s looked uncomfortable on the pitch for us but he certainly looked the part during his USL loans.

Hmm, why did I buy a ticket last night? A snow storm and we don’t have a striker, wonderful!

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 04:12 PM
VV as a false 9?

This seems the best idea to me so far. We go, essentially, with proper service to the Italians and to Oso when he gets forward. And VV is certainly capable of getting close to the box and scoring. How many minutes he can play, I don’t know.

Bushmancan
03-10-2023, 04:12 PM
Kaye has 2 Goals in 3 games by crashing the box. Maybe we just make him a striker...LOL

jloome
03-10-2023, 04:31 PM
They want to sell them so they will wear them for sure I think.

That appears clear.

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/new-home-kit-not-a-hit-with-tfc-captain-bradley

Bradley says we should be all Red at home. Oso says it's a nice jersey.

MDH
03-10-2023, 04:42 PM
That appears clear.

https://calgaryherald.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/new-home-kit-not-a-hit-with-tfc-captain-bradley

Bradley says we should be all Red at home. Oso says it's a nice jersey.

Oso's wrong 🤣. He's a nice man and I'm sure he doesn't want to hurt the supporters feelings, who I do feel bad for. But it's the ugliest thing I've ever seen and only my deep lifetime love of sports is stopping the 'I hope they lose in it' schadenfreude. I'll cheer every goal, but cuss out Bill Manning every time they show that monstrosity.

MDH
03-10-2023, 04:46 PM
Kaye has 2 Goals in 3 games by crashing the box. Maybe we just make him a striker...LOL

The thing that excited me about Kaye, want I believe can still work, is him ability between the lines. I see him as a great defense disturber, a good overloaded, a system destroyer. Much like VV in 17 at his best Kaye can be wherever is needed, the point of attack or the end of a pass. Of course reaching his best is the long term hope. All this to say, if he was a striker he'd be too easy to plan for. His effectiveness comes from surprise.

Amir.
03-10-2023, 06:12 PM
Should go with Bernardeschi in the middle which will allow more short play linkups with Insigne and still gives size in the middle...hopefully Kaye does better otherwise theres a bunch of options there such as Vazquez Thompson or Insigne dropping back

Insigne Bernardeschi Osorio
Kaye Bradley Servania
Petretta Rosted Hedges Laryea
Johnson

Should be a good one...lets go get that win

Richard
03-10-2023, 06:25 PM
That striped jersey is terrible, who thought that was a good idea?

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 06:45 PM
Just to point out that videos of BB, Oso, Fede & MB pressers from today are up on the team website.

Gosh, Fede is such a character...

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 08:05 PM
Just to point out that videos of BB, Oso, Fede & MB pressers from today are up on the team website.

Gosh, Fede is such a character...

Ah. thanks, good to know. Maybe I’m missing something but what I haven’t seen yet this season is video of Bradley’s post game comments. That used to happen like clockwork the night of each match.

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 09:49 PM
Should go with Bernardeschi in the middle which will allow more short play linkups with Insigne and still gives size in the middle...hopefully Kaye does better otherwise theres a bunch of options there such as Vazquez Thompson or Insigne dropping back

Insigne Bernardeschi Osorio
Kaye Bradley Servania
Johnson

Should be a good one...lets go get that win

Bradley in the press conference today mentioned Fede having played as a ten in Fiorentina….

TFC/Everton
03-10-2023, 10:18 PM
My XI for tomorrow:

Insigne Bernardeschi

Vazquez

Oso Bradley Kaye

Johnson

OgtheDim
03-10-2023, 10:43 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1634388221294419969

Ok, its going to be cold & dark & wet & windy & not exactly patio weather

And the stadium looks like a meccano set built by a 10 year old. The beer and food are expensive & the washrooms can be vaguely scary.

And yet...and yet

There is something about that place under the lights.

:scarf::flare::drum:

los sonadores
03-10-2023, 11:27 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1634388221294419969

Ok, its going to be cold & dark & wet & windy & not exactly patio weather

And the stadium looks like a meccano set built by a 10 year old. The beer and food are expensive & the washrooms can be vaguely scary.

And yet...and yet

There is something about that place under the lights.

:scarf::flare::drum:

Agree! If we play well it’ll be fun. If not, I’d still rather be there than sitting in a fake pub squinting at a screen.

(About the stadium, I like it. There aren’t too many bad seats in the house, and it’s intimate (as MB pointed out today). And since when are new and expensive soccer stadiums more than garish pieces of architectural kitsch? I don’t at all mind something funky with good sight lines and a good crowd.)

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 07:32 AM
Gonna be a busy/long day...

https://twitter.com/BMOGrounds/status/1634532603377201160

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 07:35 AM
Just to reiterate - there's a cover on & the field is heated.

CBTFC
03-11-2023, 08:12 AM
Looking at ticket availability on ticketmaster, and there are tickets available in pretty much the entire stadium.

Now, do you put the " blame" on people for being "part time supporters" and not showing up/supporting the team, or do you blame MLSE for not pricing the game accordingly, or Apple TV for insisting the game be at 7:30pm in March??

In any case, Id be shocked if there was more than 20k tonight.

reggie
03-11-2023, 08:42 AM
Looking at ticket availability on ticketmaster, and there are tickets available in pretty much the entire stadium.

Now, do you put the " blame" on people for being "part time supporters" and not showing up/supporting the team, or do you blame MLSE for not pricing the game accordingly, or Apple TV for insisting the game be at 7:30pm in March??

they sold over 23k season tickets a record amount alot of the tickets on ticket master are resale

Section 223
03-11-2023, 09:47 AM
they sold over 23k season tickets a record amount alot of the tickets on ticket master are resale
Still something wrong with Team/weather/starting time to have this many reale tickets available

Bushmancan
03-11-2023, 10:46 AM

Starting time is stupid …. Especially for this time of year. Also they could easily have captured the day with 1pm, 4pm, 7pm starts

613reppingTFC
03-11-2023, 10:48 AM
Yeah I think that's a bit of a mistake. I would be more likely to watch games going on through the day rather than going back and watching a game that's been recorded. Not to mention the issues with the scores being visible to some people..

But yeah this time of year in this climate who decided on this start time and why wasn't there any pushback

Bushmancan
03-11-2023, 10:56 AM
For example, it is cool out right now. But would be perfectly acceptable watching the game with the Sun occasionally out and 2-3 degrees.

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 11:08 AM
For now, I choose to blame MLS/Apple for insisting the match in Toronto be at a typically less than optimal temperature time of 7:30pm in March; the weather at this stage of year is the challenge. I do not understand the rationale; the inflexibility. I get the benefits of anytime, anywhere streaming. Still, just who are the worldwide priority 'live' stream target audiences/subscribers for the service? Which regions are they situated in? For instance, if Messi joins IMCF, are MLS/Apple going to feature him 'live' back to Europe in the middle of their nights? I get the mandate and the scope of this task is daunting. If Europe is one of the main reaches, then wouldn't a compromise, some occasional match starts from early to mid afternoon, be more practical to help build the brand? IIUC, just for NA, CA and SA, east to west, there may be 6 time zones; 6 hours difference may be involved. Moreover, any east coast MLS matches streamed to most of Europe may involve at least 7 time zones; 7 hours difference? At some point, some tweaking, marketing prioritizations, are going to have to happen for domestic or overseas 'live streaming' consumption.

CBTFC
03-11-2023, 11:57 AM
And every Saturday evening game is also positioned against the NHL/The Leafs.

We can Root for and support TFC and MLS all we want, but have to be realistic
Toronto, Ontario and Canada is NHL/Leafs territory

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 12:28 PM
All northern based teams should realistically play their first 4 or 5 games out west or down south if MLS wants to insist on late February as the start of the regular season.

MDH
03-11-2023, 01:23 PM
For now, I choose to blame MLS/Apple for insisting the match in Toronto be at a typically less than optimal temperature time of 7:30pm in March; the weather at this stage of year is the challenge. I do not understand the rationale; the inflexibility. I get the benefits of anytime, anywhere streaming. Still, just who are the worldwide priority 'live' stream target audiences/subscribers for the service? Which regions are they situated in? For instance, if Messi joins IMCF, are MLS/Apple going to feature him 'live' back to Europe in the middle of their nights? I get the mandate and the scope of this task is daunting. If Europe is one of the main reaches, then wouldn't a compromise, some occasional match starts from early to mid afternoon, be more practical to help build the brand? IIUC, just for NA, CA and SA, east to west, there may be 6 time zones; 6 hours difference may be involved. Moreover, any east coast MLS matches streamed to most of Europe may involve at least 7 time zones; 7 hours difference? At some point, some tweaking, marketing prioritizations, are going to have to happen for domestic or overseas 'live streaming' consumption.

This.

I'm hopeful this is just a case of working out the bugs. I have no issue with a prime time set of games each week at 7:30 but most teams most weeks? Do little kids not get to go to football matches anymore? Is it strictly for the alcohol driven crowd? I see it as a pretty big negative for football culture at a growth level. But again I hope it's just early days and that changes are made.

ag futbol
03-11-2023, 01:42 PM
All northern based teams should realistically play their first 4 or 5 games out west or down south if MLS wants to insist on late February as the start of the regular season.
Yep.

oranje boven
03-11-2023, 06:29 PM
I’ll second that..
Welcome back home ye faithful…turf looks ok. We’ll see if it holds. Looks better than last year first game… fingers crossed.
Shout out to the small army still working cleaning snow off every single seat.

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 06:41 PM
Field looks better than I thought it would be.

Wind out of the north - it's notable.

No drafts (lines would freeze)

And, finally, free WiFi.

Cold... Yup

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 06:46 PM
No Insigne.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1634702397497851906?s=20

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 06:48 PM
No Insigne.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1634702397497851906?s=20

I guess Michael Singh was right, Kerr actually starts. I guess BB really doesn’t think much of Perruzza.

Richard
03-11-2023, 06:49 PM
We have no striker, that's just embarrassing.

Not even two games into the season and the strikers we are supposed to rely on are injured.

Diomande is a bottom of the barrel signing, and Ayo is a washed up athlete already.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 06:49 PM
Good decision to go with Kerr...had to be him if Insigne wasnt ready to go

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 06:51 PM
I'd personally have Bernie as a false 9 and Kerr on the right.

ag futbol
03-11-2023, 06:55 PM
We have no striker, that's just embarrassing.

Not even two games into the season and the strikers we are supposed to rely on are injured.

Diomande is a bottom of the barrel signing, and Ayo is a washed up athlete already.
Yeah. I mean hindsight is always 20/20 but it seems a bit speculative to make your top two strikers guys who have injury issues

tfcfans
03-11-2023, 06:56 PM
Got a free toque - can we get a win with that too please?!

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 07:02 PM
Insigne sitting on the bench in this cold watching his teammates warm up.

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 07:10 PM
Now standing on the side chatting with VV

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 07:12 PM
Anyone know what’s up with O’Neill?

DavemTFC
03-11-2023, 07:14 PM
Will be interesting to see how the front 3 line up. I'm assuming it's a front three because I don't know if a 4-4-2 will work here like it did in Atlanta

L-to-R Oso-Kerr-Bern?

DavemTFC
03-11-2023, 07:20 PM
Anyone know what’s up with O’Neill?
Yknow I can see them trading ONeill for a cheaper and younger CB. The incoming guy would still have to be somewhere between ONeill and MacNaughton quality but CB is one of the few positions where we have depth and flexibility

James17930
03-11-2023, 07:23 PM
I can't watch this live, but it's so nice now that I can just watch the replay later.

All you guys in the south - do us proud! Go nuts!

jloome
03-11-2023, 07:24 PM
Will be interesting to see how the front 3 line up. I'm assuming it's a front three because I don't know if a 4-4-2 will work here like it did in Atlanta

L-to-R Oso-Kerr-Bern?

Speaking of false nines...

Have to figure Kerr plays a little deep, tries to feed Bernie and
Oso.

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 07:25 PM
Yknow I can see them trading ONeill for a cheaper and younger CB. The incoming guy would still have to be somewhere between ONeill and MacNaughton quality but CB is one of the few positions where we have depth and flexibility

Who’s the depth other than O’Neill and McNaughton?

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Speakers in the South end not working - can't hear anything over the PA

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:27 PM
Never even noticed O'Neill missing. Trading him for another striker could be a move.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:28 PM
Who’s the depth other than O’Neill and McNaughton?

Pearlman.

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 07:31 PM
Pearlman.

Pearlman and McNaghton sounds scary.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 07:31 PM
The commentary on Apple TV is in French?

wopchop
03-11-2023, 07:35 PM
What a joke.

Boddington
03-11-2023, 07:36 PM

You can change the audio. Change it to 'Home Team's Local Radio: English'. It's a little bogus as the 'French' option is in french and the 'English' option is also in french. Go with the third.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:37 PM

Uhhhh... yeah. I guess it is.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 07:38 PM
Is anyone watching and hearing French commentary?

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:38 PM
You can change the audio. Change it to 'Home Team's Local Radio: English'.

French > Gareth Wheeler.

Boddington
03-11-2023, 07:39 PM
French > Gareth Wheeler.

Fair

wopchop
03-11-2023, 07:40 PM
Hahaha, so true.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 07:44 PM
This is farcical

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:45 PM
These jerseys look worse on TV.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 07:47 PM
Come on you Grey's!

Amir.
03-11-2023, 07:48 PM
thats two balls lost in his half in nine minutes by kaye

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 07:51 PM
thats two balls lost in his half in nine minutes by kaye

TFC gave up a million in GAM and Ralph Priso for Kaye. The Revs gave up 400k for a better player in Latif Blessing.

Kamp Berg
English working now

NK Toronto
Now the sound is lost

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 07:52 PM
Thank God for Hedges

wopchop
03-11-2023, 07:52 PM
Now the sound is lost
If you switch back to English, there is English announcers now.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 07:55 PM
Okay it's back

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 08:02 PM
And I was just about to criticize Kerr!

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:02 PM
Okay, Kerr!

wopchop
03-11-2023, 08:03 PM
And I was just about to criticize Kerr!
Nicely done for him.

jloome
03-11-2023, 08:03 PM
Okay it's back

And... Bob's looking good today so far

Great finish.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:08 PM
Sean Johnson is the biggest upgrade we could have made this off-season.

jloome
03-11-2023, 08:10 PM
We look a lot more in sync this week.

oof that could've taken Richies knee

Amir.
03-11-2023, 08:10 PM
Thats it ATTACK that weak spot Philip Quinton

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Nice to have a defence

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 08:11 PM
Sean Johnson is the biggest upgrade we could have made this off-season.

Night and day so far

ag futbol
03-11-2023, 08:15 PM
Going to have to watch this one late but looking good so far!

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:16 PM
Definitely need another goal. Just feels like Cucho and Zela are too good to assume there won't be a moment of brilliance from them.

jloome
03-11-2023, 08:17 PM
Bernie versus Quinton is like Bond versus Jaws.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:23 PM
This Farsi guy must be drunk with the amount he is falling over.

jloome
03-11-2023, 08:27 PM
Good half!

Kerr looks bigger. Next to quinton he only looked an inch or two shy and Quinton is 6'6.

movement is night and day from last week.

Amir.
Great half by Toronto...gotta keep going at the weak spot Quinton...and Yeboah looks like hes not running properly so that left side is very weak

Oldtimer
Kerr started slow, but what a good goal.

Nice passing now as the players are getting more familiar this game.

MDH
03-11-2023, 08:30 PM
Our best half so far. There's clear gameplans in different areas and the groups are working well together. Columbus still look dangerous though.

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 08:33 PM
Oso back? By 24hrs… could have been… feelin’ Minnesota!

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:36 PM
Can't sit back and hope to sit on this lead. Keep pushing for that second goal.

boban
03-11-2023, 08:45 PM
So is this how halftime is.. staring at a MLS Season Pass screen with no analysis/commentary?

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 08:48 PM
If we could somehow acquire Nagbe, we would be so good.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 08:57 PM
Kaye is getting beaten on the runs of Nagbe...come on Mark

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 09:00 PM
Kaye is getting beaten on the runs of Nagbe...come on Mark

Nagbe is quite literally the Toni Kroos of MLS. Not a fan of Kaye, but Nagbe has long proven himself to be one of the best MLS players of all time.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 09:02 PM
Dont be afraid to shoot Michael...you know you can score

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 09:08 PM
VV and Kobe Bryant coming on.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 09:09 PM
Sure. Take your only midfielder who can run off.

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 09:10 PM
Hopefully not serious for Petretta. Nice to see Franklin given a shot.

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 09:14 PM
We got lucky last week and got fucked this week.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 09:15 PM
Johnson caught in no mans land and its 1-1...lets go get that win

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 09:29 PM
Yeah, we aren't very good.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 09:30 PM
bring in rutty to help defensively

Kamp Berg
03-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Pretty weak second half. Didn’t seem like BB had much of an answer to Nancy’s changes.

Amir.
03-11-2023, 09:34 PM
Team needs to learn how to hold a lead...rest of the performance was very good

jloome
03-11-2023, 09:36 PM

Columbus adjusted in the second half and we didn't. Good first half but taking off both Servanian and Kerr seemed unnecessary

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 09:36 PM
Depressing second half - could get nothing going. Sooo many bad passes.

You can see how this will be a good team. Defence is very good.

DavemTFC
03-11-2023, 09:42 PM
Can someone who was at the game shed light on Bernardeschi? The french commentators on apple said he repeatedly ignored vazquez's instructions to drop back for a full minute or two after VV came on. Also noticed he headed straight to the tunnel after the game.

It was a terrible performance for the entire second half by our team (after a good first half it has to be said) but possibly Bernie's worst half for us I've seen and I'm afraid not a good sign of his relationship with Bob (who to be fair made a pretty weird sub) if he's blantantly going against coaching instructions. I can't stop thinking back to the All4One ep that came out when Insigne didn't exactly speak about BB in glowing terms

There's no way a team that expects to contend should be satisfied with a half like that. Cbus were way closer to winning than we were. We're lucky Matan is so dogshit

gracos
03-11-2023, 09:44 PM
its only matchday 3

Ultra & Proud
03-11-2023, 09:49 PM
Osorio was grim tonight. Just abysmal.

Bushmancan
03-11-2023, 09:51 PM
Can someone who was at the game shed light on Bernardeschi? The french commentators on apple said he repeatedly ignored vazquez's instructions to drop back for a full minute or two after VV came on. Also headed straight to the tunnel after the game.

It was a terrible performance for the entire second half by our team (after a good first half it has to be said) but possibly Bernie's worst half for us I've seen and I'm afraid not a good sign of his relationship with Bob (who to be fair made a pretty weird sub) if he's blantantly going against coaching instructions. I can't stop thinking back to the All4One ep that came out when Insigne didn't exactly speak about BB in glowing terms

There's no way a team that expects to contend should be satisfied with a half like that. Cbus were way closer to winning than we were. We're lucky Matan is so dogshit

it was cold tonight, yes he wasn’t quite his attacking self in the final 20 minutes but we cannot risk him being injured. “Nuff said”

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 09:57 PM
That was their best half of the season followed immediately by their worst half of the season. Columbus players were taking the ball on thirty yard runs in the second half. The team is now winless in eight games in 2023 including pre season.

stevep
03-11-2023, 09:59 PM
actually this is a very good team
we should have been up 4-0 in the first half
Defence was outstanding
did you not notice any of these things

Loyal
03-11-2023, 10:06 PM
What has happened to Kaye and Osorio......shadows of themselves!

TFC/Everton
03-11-2023, 10:24 PM

This.

NK Toronto
03-11-2023, 10:31 PM
Depressing second half - could get nothing going. Sooo many bad passes.

You can see how this will be a good team. Defence is very good.

I can't see the team going anywhere until they improve that midfield.

JoesphNdo
03-11-2023, 10:35 PM
I can't see the team going anywhere until they improve that midfield.

This remains my takeaway

Thought we looked okay in the first half, shaded it for sure but don't think it was as one sided as some here, both sides had chances

We were played off the park in the second

Overall we were outshot 17-7 at home against a team that'll be likely mid or upper mid of the pack this season.

This is not good so far. Some luck, a great goalie and a solid enough defence is the only thing keeping us from being 0 for 3

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 10:37 PM
actually this is a very good team
we should have been up 4-0 in the first half
Defence was outstanding
did you not notice any of these things

We have two points in three games and just sat back at home while Columbus attacked us with wave after wave.

Did you not notice any of these things?

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 10:38 PM
Columbus adjusted in the second half and we didn't. Good first half but taking off both Servanian and Kerr seemed unnecessary

Oh thank God I am not the only one thinking this. This... with the loss of Petretta hurt; likely cost us points. If BB needed/wanted Vazquez on, then he should have just taken off Kerr and tweaked the formation.

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 10:41 PM
Midfield looked fine in the first half - particularly Bradley.

Kerr was excellent banging away.

When you see them live, you can tell how good the back line is. They are organized and precise.

Long season. Let's see how next week goes.

OgtheDim
03-11-2023, 10:43 PM
You want to panic? Be a supporter of Club Foot

0 points
0 goals

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 10:44 PM

https://twitter.com/JohnieRoastbeef/status/1634758691080613893

MikeForbes
03-11-2023, 10:47 PM
Gonna be positive. Rosted and Hedges are a very good CB pairing. Richie is the best RB in the league and Kerr scored a goal neither of our other strikers could.

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 10:49 PM
^^^

#$@&%*! OtG... :)

https://media.tenor.com/YJDrG4LHQIcAAAAM/cowboy-western.gif

SirBobSaget
03-11-2023, 10:52 PM
You want to panic? Be a supporter of Club Foot

0 points
0 goals

OK were really bad but not the absolute worst? Who cares how they are doing?

Mr. Inbetween
03-11-2023, 10:55 PM
Hey! TFC are only 3 points/1 win from playoff contention! :facepalm: