PDA

View Full Version : It's official - Paul Dickov signs with Liecester and not with TFC

bgnewf
08-07-2008, 10:31 AM
www.football365.com (http://www.football365.com/)

Leicester have re-signed veteran striker Paul Dickov on a two-year contract.

The former Scotland international rejoins the Foxes on a free transfer after being released by Manchester City at the end of last season. Dickov secured cult status with the Leicester faithful during his first spell with the club - scoring 37 goals in 89 games between 2002 and 2004. City boss Nigel Pearson said: "Paul has all of the attributes you require to succeed as a footballer. He has tremendous spirit and I am delighted to have been able to bring him here.

"He is the sort of player who never believes the team is beaten. He breeds fear into defences and I am sure he will be a tremendous asset for us. He will give us everything and I am sure he will be a big favourite with the fans here once again."

You got 8 days Mo. 8 days to upgrade this team or lose your job, assuming there is justice in the world. The transfer window closes in 192 hours and the clock is ticking.

http://www.kickabola.com/smoothred/misc/progress.gif

Stryker
08-07-2008, 10:33 AM
Fuck that fucking fuck!

Nodoubtguy
08-07-2008, 10:34 AM
I don't think Dickov would have been our answer, so I hope that his not signing can mean we can get a difference maker.

giambac
08-07-2008, 10:37 AM
www.football365.com (http://www.football365.com/)

Leicester have re-signed veteran striker Paul Dickov on a two-year contract.

The former Scotland international rejoins the Foxes on a free transfer after being released by Manchester City at the end of last season. Dickov secured cult status with the Leicester faithful during his first spell with the club - scoring 37 goals in 89 games between 2002 and 2004. City boss Nigel Pearson said: "Paul has all of the attributes you require to succeed as a footballer. He has tremendous spirit and I am delighted to have been able to bring him here.

"He is the sort of player who never believes the team is beaten. He breeds fear into defences and I am sure he will be a tremendous asset for us. He will give us everything and I am sure he will be a big favourite with the fans here once again."

You got 8 days Mo. 8 days to upgrade this team or lose your job, assuming there is justice in the world. The transfer window closes in 192 hours and the clock is ticking.

Great news

He isn't the striker we need.

invictusTFC
08-07-2008, 10:40 AM
Good... Fuck him. Who ever thinks he was the solution to our scoring futility is living in a dream world. I hope he has a great time in League One...

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 10:55 AM
Good... Fuck him. Who ever thinks he was the solution to our scoring futility is living in a dream world. I hope he has a great time in League One...

Indeed.

reggie
08-07-2008, 12:25 PM
thank god...we don't need that dick ov

TFC USA
08-07-2008, 01:22 PM
Look, Dickov is not the answer, frankly, Mo's obsession with 32 year old players in League 1 or the Championship isn't.

Remember that TFC Academy? Remember those Canadian players TFC have? Remember those draft picks?

This season is likely lost, so at the end of the season, I'm sure the new GM (Mo better go) will know which players deserve to stay (Guevara, Brennan, Wynne, etc.), and which ones should go (Harmse, Velez, Cunningham, Cunningham, Cunningham).

AL-MO
08-07-2008, 01:28 PM

^ ^

I totally agree.

Roogsy
08-07-2008, 01:39 PM
Isnt' there one of our Canadian boys at Leicester?

I only ask this because I generally tend to favour teams with Canadians on them but in this case, I hope they wind up relegated.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 01:44 PM
Hume? I doubt he'll want to come here. He's still relatively young and successful.

Tintin
08-07-2008, 01:51 PM
I know Dickov was not the savior but it was a start. I just hope Mo has other leads and that he did not put all his eggs in one basket. I agree that if he can't get an impact striker before the 15 HE MUST BE FIRED.

HE SUCKED AS A COACH AND HE IS NOT (SO FAR) PRODUCING AS A GM!!!

Time will tell...

Dirk Diggler
08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
Look, Dickov is not the answer, frankly, Mo's obsession with 32 year old players in League 1 or the Championship isn't.

Remember that TFC Academy? Remember those Canadian players TFC have? Remember those draft picks?

This season is likely lost, so at the end of the season, I'm sure the new GM (Mo better go) will know which players deserve to stay (Guevara, Brennan, Wynne, etc.), and which ones should go (Harmse, Velez, Cunningham, Cunningham, Cunningham).

Dickov is 35 and will turn 36 sometime during the season.

Northern Soul
08-07-2008, 01:56 PM

So Academy players are the answer over League 1 or Championship players? Get real.

king10
08-07-2008, 02:10 PM
So Academy players are the answer over League 1 or Championship players? Get real.

now now but in the near future they will be part the answer

Toronto_Bhoy
08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
One word answer to our problems…grass.

Ossington Mental Youth
08-07-2008, 02:18 PM
Dont ever think Dickov was the answer, kinda dismayed that he was even looked at.
Gotta say Mo has to produce in 8 days otherwise hes to be held accountable.
Dont think he should be fired because outside not having a striker hes done us quite well with acquisitions and hirings of coaches. He should get a warning without a doubt but its 1.5 years since this club started, hes gotta screw us royally. People are all to ready to fire him and put who in his place? Lalas?

giambac
08-07-2008, 02:20 PM

No they aren't.

Let me tell you however, there are some quality players in Vaughan, you know the team that beat our reserves 4-0.

It's amtter of sending some scouts out.

profit89
08-07-2008, 02:38 PM
One word answer to our problems…grass.

the only thing that has given us an advantage, and hence a chance: fieldturf

Razcle
08-07-2008, 02:43 PM
On June 25th (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/June_25th) 2008 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2008), it was announced that Hume had been signed for £1.2m on a 3 year contract by Barnsley (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barnsley_F.C.)

He was at leister until they relegated to League 1. He is now with Ricketts old team on a three year deal.

Keegan
08-07-2008, 03:07 PM

I only ask this because I generally tend to favour teams with Canadians on them but in this case, I hope they wind up relegated.

Leicester already was relegated

and Hume left, sold for 1.2 million pounds to Barnsley. Hume was their best player probably, but I guess Dickov is their answer to losing him.

Keegan
08-07-2008, 03:08 PM
No they aren't.

Let me tell you however, there are some quality players in Vaughan, you know the team that beat our reserves 4-0.

It's amtter of sending some scouts out.

EXACTLY. Some very good players on that team (3 that I can think of). Not to mention all the other CSL teams

Big Bruva
08-07-2008, 03:32 PM

Humey has gone Barnsley lol

Roogsy
08-07-2008, 03:34 PM
Then I hope they crash and burn.

Down you go Leicester. Again.

TFC07
08-07-2008, 03:51 PM
I got couple of friends in Leicester....lol

Anyway, I can't believe this dick rather play in dump like Leicester instead of T-dot...

Fire Mo for trying to sign a 36 year old English 3rd division player.

I agree with people here who are saying to sign couple CSL players.

RPB_Brantford_08
08-07-2008, 04:07 PM

This season is not lost...a long way to go.....Mo is going no where he has done a terrific job making the team beter along with Carver and Winsper.
which players should stay....Guevara, Marshall, Wynne, ibrahiem,Ricketts,
Robinson, Edwards, EDU, james, Rosenlund, Smith.......outgoing.......
Brennan,Cunny,Hemming,Robert,........not sure....Velez, Gyan, smith,
Harmse, so there is major work ahead for the REDS. dickov would have helped down the stretch but that woukld be about it, his career is about over.

Nuvinho
08-07-2008, 05:00 PM
so any other targets? or was Dickov's Mo's last resort.

canadian_bhoy
08-07-2008, 07:47 PM
Mo Johnston you're breakin my heart
you're shakin my confidence daily
Oh mo Johnston we're down on our knees
we're begging you please sign some players
sign some players

woah oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

q2vNEXqHo_o

Baggio2TFC
08-07-2008, 08:03 PM
I'm gonna guess Dickov was it. Guys, this is our team from here on in. The transfer window closes soon, and all the good ones are gone. Looks like we will have to wait until next July to find our new DP...that is if MLSE is willing to pony up!

kuku
08-07-2008, 08:29 PM
Why doesn't Mo hire a south american or african scout and get some of those younger players up here? Enough with the old worn out players. By the way, the season is already lost.

giambac
08-07-2008, 08:42 PM
Why doesn't Mo hire a south american or african scout and get some of those younger players up here? Enough with the old worn out players. By the way, the season is already lost.

Been saying this since day 1 of the season.............

We missed our opportunities, now it has come back to bite us......

we put allour eggs in one basket, one area- england and Scotland and that just doesn't cut it.....

Soccer is an international game with international players...

Broaden the search....

BigLou
08-07-2008, 09:01 PM
Mo Johnston you're breakin my heart
you're shakin my confidence daily
Oh mo Johnston we're down on our knees
we're begging you please sign some players
sign some players

woah oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh
oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh oh

q2vNEXqHo_o
It kind of looks like Garfunkel is arresting Simon doesn't it?

Flipityflu
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Been saying this since day 1 of the season.............

We missed our opportunities, now it has come back to bite us......

we put allour eggs in one basket, one area- england and Scotland and that just doesn't cut it.....

Soccer is an international game with international players...

Broaden the search....

yeah, i'm sick amado guevara's cockney accent.

Daveisonfire
08-07-2008, 09:35 PM
haha better pack up shop guys, the season is over LOL

you guys are funny...

Bars92
08-07-2008, 09:48 PM
I think we needed Dickov to make any sort of run this year. Sure he's old but that was the point, a temporary solution to see what kind of damage we can do this year.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2008, 09:58 PM
yeah, i'm sick amado guevara's cockney accent.

:rofl: