PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 1 -TFC @ DC United - Saturday Feb 25 7:30pm - Believe, Believe

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
02-20-2023, 10:39 AM
That you're not stuck in vain

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMxJWhYMETc&ab_channel=lookmiguelmusic

Have at It People

MikeForbes
02-20-2023, 11:32 AM
Supposed to be cold with a chance of flurries. Gonna go for a 1-1 draw.

jloome
02-20-2023, 11:47 AM
Supposed to be cold with a chance of flurries. Gonna go for a 1-1 draw.

Tough game, depending on how DC's new pieces click. For the first time in several years, our principle advantage will be our defence.

They have Benteke upfront and fountas, so very dangerous, and a midfield with canouse, klisch and durkin, which is going to be very tough to play though.

We have a strong advantage on the wings and defence, a slight edge in goal (if Miller starts), a disadvantage up front, a slight disadvantage through the middle (to m, their mid three is stronger than ours. Klisch is a very, very dangerous midfielder both as an assist guy and a scorer. Canouse and Durkin are better on the tackle than MB and MAK).

I'm going to go 2-0 to the good guys. Good D beats strong central offense, good wing play keeps their stars at bay.

It would make sense for us to adjust and play more of a defensive counter, rather than trying to hold the play in their end and break them down. We have a speed advantage on both wings and will do better against poorer defenses when we isolate them in transition, rather than trying to break down a low block.

If we sit high all game and try to pen them in, we'll struggle to contain Benteke and Fountas and will become vulnerable in transition.

TFC John
02-21-2023, 08:08 AM
This might be off topic, but I thought I heard that Apple TV+ would have a free preview weekend this week. I was ready to subscribe until I watched the LA-TOR game feed. If that is the quality of coverage they are offering, then I’m not interested. Has anyone heard about the opening weekend being a free preview?

gracos
02-21-2023, 08:44 AM
This might be off topic, but I thought I heard that Apple TV+ would have a free preview weekend this week. I was ready to subscribe until I watched the LA-TOR game feed. If that is the quality of coverage they are offering, then I’m not interested. Has anyone heard about the opening weekend being a free preview?

Yes, there is a free preview weekend, as am noticing on MLSSoccer.com on games scheduled it states "Apple TV- Free" so i have to believe it will be

jloome
02-21-2023, 01:07 PM

As has been noted, Apple's windows browser is locked at 480p but their signal is true 1080p, degrading the quality and leading to compression artifacts.

Viewed through a dedicated app or player, it's a lot better. Also, some people's apps had defaulted to turning off the 'spoiler' score ticker, whereas some of us had the score up for the whole game.

Yuushalinsky
02-21-2023, 01:15 PM
I'm hard believing. 3-1 Toronto.

Joe Kool
02-21-2023, 01:25 PM
Viewed through a dedicated app or player, it's a lot better. Also, some people's apps had defaulted to turning off the 'spoiler' score ticker, whereas some of us had the score up for the whole game.

I watched the app with my Nvidia Shield Pro (Android) as I do normally also for DAZN and FuboTV. I thought image quality looked fantastic for the TFC game for me. Used to maxing out at 720p for the other footy apps so this was a nice change. Regarding the scoreboard it was not there for the 1st half for me but showed up early into the 2nd half if I recall but I just put it down to the production issues they seemed to be having. Part of the halftime they had the audio of some replays for me but no video. Can't believe the production people are in preseason mode too. Hopefully they get it together for the season kickoff weekend.

jloome
02-21-2023, 01:29 PM
I watched the app with my Nvidia Shield Pro (Android) as I do normally also for DAZN and FuboTV. I thought image quality looked fantastic for the TFC game for me. Used to maxing out at 720p for the other footy apps so this was a nice change. Regarding the scoreboard it was not there for the 1st half for me but showed up early into the 2nd half if I recall but I just put it down to the production issues they seemed to be having. Part of the halftime they had the audio of some replays for me but no video. Can't believe the production people are in preseason mode too. Hopefully they get it together for the season kickoff weekend.

Yeah, I think everyone had the "no video" issue during the highlights. I must've turned it on early, and for some reason it did not switch to the pre-game show, just showed a black and white image. But apparently there was one. I had to refresh to get the game too, and it was a minute deep already. So they're definitely having platform issues.

Of greater concern to me was the generally banal commentary and color. Truly weak. It's going to be a great shame if MLS goes from the like of Wileman, Kilbane and Arlo White to dudes that sound like they could've been snagged out of any sports bar.

Ultra & Proud
02-21-2023, 01:30 PM
I was the opposite. On my Firestick with the app running, the picture was sharper than I recall the MLS Cup final being and better than anything TSN ever showed MLS wise. I was pretty impressed by it. More than I expected to be and that was preseason. Wasn't impressed with the Apple commentators but I am rarely impressed with most of them.

Also I fell into the no score/time ticker category but somehow I fixed it by screwing around.

Joe Kool
02-21-2023, 01:51 PM
Of greater concern to me was the generally banal commentary and color. Truly weak. It's going to be a great shame if MLS goes from the like of Wileman, Kilbane and Arlo White to dudes that sound like they could've been snagged out of any sports bar.

The audio level was also not adjusted correctly all game long. Really surprised by the amateur like production given all the fuss they tried to make about this. Hopefully it gets better. I will give them a pass since it was preseason and it was just nice to see a game instead of nothing at all so trying not to complain really. For the commentating I didn't really know what to expect but felt like most American broadcasts I hear. Would be nice if we would get the same crew of people calling TFC so they get to actually know the team vs looking at a stat sheet only. You didn't miss much with the pregame show. Just a few MLS pundits looking uncomfortable and giving their 2 cents on each team in 20 seconds or less for the most part.

jloome
02-21-2023, 01:59 PM
The audio level was also not adjusted correctly all game long. Really surprised by the amateur like production given all the fuss they tried to make about this. Hopefully it gets better. I will give them a pass since it was preseason and it was just nice to see a game instead of nothing at all so trying not to complain really. For the commentating I didn't really know what to expect but felt like most American broadcasts I hear. Would be nice if we would get the same crew of people calling TFC so they get to actually know the team vs looking at a stat sheet only. You didn't miss much with the pregame show. Just a few MLS pundits looking uncomfortable and giving their 2 cents on each team in 20 seconds or less for the most part.

They also mixed up Jonathan Osorio and Jesus Jimenez, which takes some doing... twice.

The audio seemed to improve as the game went along, until they cut to the commercials, at which point, it was so anemic it felt like my ears had plugged after a long flight. It was jarring. Then when it came back to the game it was fucked up again. But for most of the first half, the field level audio was too high, the commentary too low. The color guy -- Heath Pierce, I think -- seemed like he was mumbling.

Areathrasher
02-21-2023, 02:33 PM
DC are starting a 16yr old CB?

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1628107540775960607?t=b2-3hihshRfl3UM1PVXjBA&s=19

Bold strategy Wazza

Joe Kool
02-21-2023, 02:54 PM
One thing that was very noticeable last game compared to last season was the fact that players are finally learning how to play with Insigne. I have been a Napoli fan for some time so very used to watching Insigne and he loves to combine with lots of quick passes to get around defenders and it works well when players on the same page. Last season he would give a quick pass and make a move around the opposition player then expect the ball back and he would never get it. Guys around him are finally getting that is how he likes to play and get into dangerous positions. So hopefully that continues to develop this game.

burlington Red
02-21-2023, 03:14 PM
DC are starting a 16yr old CB?

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1628107540775960607?t=b2-3hihshRfl3UM1PVXjBA&s=19

Bold strategy Wazza

same age as Rooney, when he made his debut for Everton, if my memory serves me correctly.

jloome
02-21-2023, 03:22 PM
same age as Rooney, when he made his debut for Everton, if my memory serves me correctly.

I remember that game, against Arsenal. He beat David Seaman to the top left corner. Stunning at that age how good he was.

I hope he starts the kid... and I hope Dio runs at him all day.

He's also apparently undecided on his keeper. So we might be facing Alex Bono this Saturday. Shoot early, shoot often.

Yuushalinsky
02-21-2023, 03:26 PM
I remember that game, against Arsenal. He beat David Seaman to the top left corner. Stunning at that age how good he was.

I hope he starts the kid... and I hope Dio runs at him all day.

He's also apparently undecided on his keeper. So we might be facing Alex Bono this Saturday. Shoot early, shoot often.

Shoot screamers from 50 feet out, scoop up rebounds, distract Bono with a 2017 MLS Cup Champions snowglobe

OgtheDim
02-21-2023, 03:26 PM
Rooney starting Bono would either be a full complete genius move or destroy Bono's career.

I wouldn't make that call but Rooney seems to trust his gut over sports psychology

jloome
02-21-2023, 03:45 PM
Rooney starting Bono would either be a full complete genius move or destroy Bono's career.

I wouldn't make that call but Rooney seems to trust his gut over sports psychology

Seems insane to me. Steve Birnbaum is not exactly a mobile shot blocker and the 16 year old is going to be in deep shit against either of the Italians. We should be teeing up from the top of the box all day long, just like every team did to us. Which fits our lineup, pretty much.

MikeForbes
02-21-2023, 04:43 PM
Seems insane to me. Steve Birnbaum is not exactly a mobile shot blocker and the 16 year old is going to be in deep shit against either of the Italians. We should be teeing up from the top of the box all day long, just like every team did to us. Which fits our lineup, pretty much.

Insigne, for better or worse, does not wait for an invitation to shoot from range.

Smokecell
02-21-2023, 05:47 PM
https://images.mlssoccer.com/image/private/t_keep-aspect-ratio-e-mobile_2x/f_auto/prd-league/l1vxbbzhsmqidkhiu1ay.jpg

No idea who the folks are calling the game. Probably the only negative of Apple TV in my books.

OgtheDim
02-21-2023, 05:51 PM
Ex Fire PbP + ex USL colour...

Now, does TSN go with its crew?

Mr. Inbetween
02-21-2023, 05:54 PM
...I hope he starts the kid... and I hope Dio runs at him all day. He's also apparently undecided on his keeper. So we might be facing Alex Bono this Saturday. Shoot early, shoot often.

:p

That would be interesting. IIUC, DCU/Rooney have made considerable changes/updates to their own roster; similar to TFC.

jloome
02-21-2023, 06:14 PM
:p

That would be interesting. IIUC, DCU/Rooney have made considerable changes/updates to their own roster; similar to TFC.

They've added Matteus Klich from Leeds United as a DP. He's a very good passer, good from distance and on dead balls. He's better going forward than back but he can definitely dictate play.

They have Christian Benteke from Palace up front, he's a good finisher but not so mobile anymore, and Taxi Fountas in the hole, creative Greek player.

Their defense is okay. Birnbaum's sort of a poor man's Hedges, Derek Williams has not impressed since coming over from England. Najar is getting long in the tooth and was always more an offensive winger than a defensive wingback.

They have Chris Durkin, a decent young midfielder who already has a failed Euro move at 23. He's sort of Mo Edu like in his general competency but lack of any defined strength. Russell Canouse is pretty much a straight up central DM now after years of moving roles, but his mobility is probably not what it was after several injuries.

I think on speed and technique we should cause real problems for them, but they have three players in Fountas, Benteke and Klich who can cause serious damage.

jloome
02-21-2023, 06:16 PM
I sort of hope Bono doesn't play. I'd feel pretty bad if his debut for a new club was getting crushed 4-0 by TFC.

Mr. Inbetween
02-21-2023, 07:15 PM
They've added Matteus Klich from Leeds United as a DP. He's a very good passer, good from distance and on dead balls. He's better going forward than back but he can definitely dictate play.

They have Christian Benteke from Palace up front, he's a good finisher but not so mobile anymore, and Taxi Fountas in the hole, creative Greek player.

Their defense is okay. Birnbaum's sort of a poor man's Hedges, Derek Williams has not impressed since coming over from England. Najar is getting long in the tooth and was always more an offensive winger than a defensive wingback.

They have Chris Durkin, a decent young midfielder who already has a failed Euro move at 23. He's sort of Mo Edu like in his general competency but lack of any defined strength. Russell Canouse is pretty much a straight up central DM now after years of moving roles, but his mobility is probably not what it was after several injuries.

I think on speed and technique we should cause real problems for them, but they have three players in Fountas, Benteke and Klich who can cause serious damage.

Thanks for the insight jloome; as always informative and appreciated. Suspect the following is but one of a thousand fantasy football manager projections. Still a decent visualization to add to this discussion...

https://twitter.com/SorareDeke/status/1628092547758161922

portu
02-21-2023, 08:23 PM
I sort of hope Bono doesn't play. I'd feel pretty bad if his debut for a new club was getting crushed 4-0 by TFC.
Gonna be a Bono clean sheet now haha

ensco
02-21-2023, 09:44 PM
We are healthy, DC is not a contender, and I expect us to win this game.

I expect TFC to win most games where we are basically healthy.

I expect every TFC game will involve crippling anxiety every time one of our important players goes in for a 50/50 ball, or takes a hard tackle.

Blindside16
02-22-2023, 02:42 AM
I think we walk away with a 2-1 win. Berna and Dio with the goals

Mr. Inbetween
02-22-2023, 07:05 AM
https://twitter.com/90min_us/status/1628031798591770625

:D http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/smilies/heart.gif http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/smilies/set5_b/hurray.gif http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/smilies/drum.gif http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/images/smilies/flare.gif

Initial B
02-22-2023, 01:50 PM

I'm really curious what everyone's take will be if the reverse happens. And if in the first half of the season Bono looks like 2017 Bono and our GKs regress... at that point I would start asking even more questions about our GK Coaching staff.

MikeForbes
02-23-2023, 11:32 AM
Just two days away. Getting excited now.

ensco
02-23-2023, 11:45 AM
Too bad the game isn't today. DC high is 25 degrees today

Saturday forecast quite different: 3 degrees at gametime.

jloome
02-23-2023, 11:50 AM
Too bad the game isn't today. DC high is 25 degrees today

Saturday forecast quite different: 3 degrees at gametime.

Good for us, potentially. It hasn't been below 8 as the overnight low there in a week and they had two days above 11 degrees right before the game. So it's going to feel fucking freezing for them.

Can TFC even practise outdoors right now? It's below zero near constantly in Toronto.

jloome
02-23-2023, 11:55 AM
I'm really curious what everyone's take will be if the reverse happens. And if in the first half of the season Bono looks like 2017 Bono and our GKs regress... at that point I would start asking even more questions about our GK Coaching staff.

I'd bet a fair chunk that we aren't going to lose 4-0 to DC. And coaching wasn't Alex Bono's problem.

I'd just add that according to everything I've seen, and from Craig Forrest's mouth on his podcast, goalkeeping coaches in MLS are traditionally basically motivators and there to keep the keeper mentally positive, as it's the hardest position to do so.

They don't USUALLY (sometimes, but it's very rare) teach goalkeeping technique at the pro level. That's left to the field coaches. Forest said he had one coach in his entire career who was also a technique coach, and it's not normal for that to be the case.

So people continually assuming -- and it is totally an assumption based on outcomes, not a knowledge of procedure or relative output -- that Conway is shit might be way off base.

OgtheDim
02-23-2023, 01:05 PM
Or he's just bad at motivating (although I do wonder if GK coaching has changed since Forest was there 20 years ago)

MikeForbes
02-23-2023, 01:25 PM
No VV for this game.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1628819367541583874?s=20

jloome
02-23-2023, 01:54 PM
Or he's just bad at motivating (although I do wonder if GK coaching has changed since Forest was there 20 years ago)

He did qualify it as having talked to many other keepers about it, and it's still very much the case. Each club handles it differently, but the technical expertise is left to someone who's literally an expert in technique.

I know some coaches are more involved than others; traditional managers like Bielsa and Martino like to do quite a bit of on field technical work themselves. But the modern model does seem far more specialized.

And ... yeah, maybe he is bad at motivating. Maybe Bono never shook his yips because he wasn't hearing what he needed to hear. I think a lot of us suspect, as I know you do, that he has a problem with his vision over distance and he sees balls very late.

jloome
02-23-2023, 01:55 PM
No VV for this game.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1628819367541583874?s=20

If we get 15-20 decent appearances out of VV this season, it'll be worth it. At his age, he's largely a good influence rather than a difference maker.

Initial B
02-23-2023, 07:42 PM
They don't USUALLY (sometimes, but it's very rare) teach goalkeeping technique at the pro level. That's left to the field coaches. Forest said he had one coach in his entire career who was also a technique coach, and it's not normal for that to be the case.

So people continually assuming -- and it is totally an assumption based on outcomes, not a knowledge of procedure or relative output -- that Conway is shit might be way off base.
Fair point. However, my son was training as a keeper for 8 years (including OPDL level and Ottawa Fury) and I've had the opportunity to observe a variety of GK coaches over the years, how some of them helped or hindered my son's development with their teaching and motivational techniques. You're right that I could be way off base, but my instincts tell me there is something going on there.

jloome
02-23-2023, 08:25 PM
We start the season:
DC
Atlanta
Columbus
Miami
San Jose
Charlotte

If we're contenders, we're coming out of those six games with 12-15 points.

Mr. Inbetween
02-23-2023, 08:50 PM
We start the season:
DC
Atlanta
Columbus
Miami
San Jose
Charlotte

If we're contenders, we're coming out of those six games with 12-15 points.

Agree. A more than fair assertion; I think a must.

Mr. Inbetween
02-23-2023, 08:53 PM
Also... Believe this match is on both Apple and TSN?

Blindside16
02-24-2023, 05:29 AM
Also... Believe this match is on both Apple and TSN?

That is correct. Both are broadcasting this one

OgtheDim
02-24-2023, 08:00 AM
That is correct. Both are broadcasting this one

Wondering if TSN will use their own crew...

Smokecell
02-24-2023, 08:37 AM
Wondering if TSN will use their own crew...

I think so. Wileman sent a wrap-up tweet for his USWNT coverage of the SheBelieves Cup and ended it with something like "now to head back North for my 17th year of covering MLS as the season gets underway on TSN".

Could mean in studio, I suppose. But that as close to a confirmation that TSN will be using their own crew as we're likely to get.

James17930
02-24-2023, 09:10 AM
I'm so psyched! I'm so happy I can watch these games properly.

OgtheDim
02-24-2023, 10:27 AM
I think so. Wileman sent a wrap-up tweet for his USWNT coverage of the SheBelieves Cup and ended it with something like "now to head back North for my 17th year of covering MLS as the season gets underway on TSN".

Could mean in studio, I suppose. But that as close to a confirmation that TSN will be using their own crew as we're likely to get.

Thanks for that. TSN has been in studio for away games for years now. I suppose the fact the TFC game is at the same time as the Miami one might mean TSN prioritizes that match for their local crew.

If not, we get a choice of Caldwell & Wileman using the Apple feed with no pregame (TSN 4 has the afternoon season opener) & who knows what they do with the sound & video quality
vs
a lower order Apple crew with full pre & post games & a whip around show option (although that hasn't been shown as an option on MLS Season pass yet) & decent video/sound.

barticusz
02-24-2023, 06:11 PM
All I have to say is I'm already so happy that Apple has taken over. Watching the preseason match, the quality was soooo much better than my experience streaming with Telus/piktv. I've cancelled that immediately in favour of the Apple package.

Can't wait for the game. I am quite curious how quickly the matches can be replayed. Considering you could restart the match right away even if it was halfway through, I'm optimistic they'll have recordings of each one available.

James17930
02-24-2023, 07:14 PM
All I have to say is I'm already so happy that Apple has taken over. Watching the preseason match, the quality was soooo much better than my experience streaming with Telus/piktv. I've cancelled that immediately in favour of the Apple package.

Can't wait for the game. I am quite curious how quickly the matches can be replayed. Considering you could restart the match right away even if it was halfway through, I'm optimistic they'll have recordings of each one available.

I'm wondering if you can start it at the beginning even if it hasn't finished yet, or do you have to wait until it's fully finished and then watch the replay.

MikeForbes
02-24-2023, 08:15 PM
Had three drinks tonight and am gonna say TFC wins 18-0. Bernie with 14 goals. Alex Bono with 4 OGs.

ag futbol
02-24-2023, 08:53 PM
I'm wondering if you can start it at the beginning even if it hasn't finished yet, or do you have to wait until it's fully finished and then watch the replay.
So I had free access on the weekend for the friendly and did just this. Worked great. Now could I navigate through without seeing the live score? Not sure

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:39 AM
Wake up, guys. It is game day!

noxx98
02-25-2023, 08:14 AM
Wake up, guys. It is game day!
Still feeling the 18-0 win?

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 08:35 AM
Still feeling the 18-0 win?

Nah. I know expecting Alex Bono to have 4 OGs is unrealistic. Gonna knock it down to 16-0 now that I am sober.

gracos
02-25-2023, 08:36 AM
Merry MLSmas, its like waking up and being excited to see what is to come, with the first present we get to open against DCU, may it be a great season ahead

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:48 AM
My dog has thoughts that he is processing...

https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1629478559919087617

ensco
02-25-2023, 08:57 AM
^i hope there is only one level of visual impairment issues going on here!

CBTFC
02-25-2023, 09:09 AM
Anyone else in the Collingwood area?? I'm going to call/stop by The Beaver & Bulldog this afternoon to confirm they'll be showing the game (it is on at the exact same time as the Leafs game unfortunately).

Would be nice to watch the game with others who might be in the southern georgian bay area!

gracos
02-25-2023, 09:59 AM
Anyone else in the Collingwood area?? I'm going to call/stop by The Beaver & Bulldog this afternoon to confirm they'll be showing the game (it is on at the exact same time as the Leafs game unfortunately).

Would be nice to watch the game with others who might be in the southern georgian bay area!

No Leafs game tonight as they played last night and play again tomorrow against the Kraken @ 7PM, so no excuses to not support the boys, if your able, lol

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 10:11 AM
ABBA is the ear-worm this morning (no thanks to KITN)...

https://twitter.com/Ghoul_Daddy/status/1629469695148453889

Gringo Starr
02-25-2023, 10:27 AM

Been waiting for your dog to appear, now it feels like the season is here.

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 11:36 AM

Wow! Your dog looks born again with bounce and ready for game day! Was sure this was him that booted and rallied... spinning at the club into early this morn. :)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=tL_NE6UJly4

FootBallAZ
02-25-2023, 03:32 PM
Dallas has been given better odds then TFC to win mls cup

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 04:19 PM
Just bought the season pass for Apple TV. Let's warm up by watching the pride of Nova Scotia himself for Nashville.

ManUtd4ever
02-25-2023, 04:22 PM
Even though tonight's game is on TSN, I just subscribed to AppleTV so I don't miss any games the rest of the way.

Giddy Up.

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 04:34 PM
I feel good about this game. TFC could still lose but for once in a long while the odds seem in TFC's favour.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 04:37 PM
I feel good about this game. TFC could still lose but for once in a long while the odds seem in TFC's favour.

I don't think it will be the prettiest game we see this year, but I expect a positive result.

ManUtd4ever
02-25-2023, 04:44 PM
It will take time for the team to develop cohesion on the pitch, but we have the talent and the goalkeeping to earn points in every match starting tonight.

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 04:49 PM

Feelin' blessed as well, though google odds seems to slightly favour DCU still...

https://www.google.com/search?client=firefox-b-d&q=toronto+fc+v+dcu#sie=m;/g/11tnhq50p1;2;/m/0jfpf;dt;fp;1;;;

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 04:59 PM
Game-time weather... mainly to partly cloudy, between 3 and 2 Degrees Celsius with a feels like of 1 to 0. Spring temperatures in some parts of Canada. :rolleyes:

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 05:05 PM
Really impressed by the video quality of Apple TV so far.

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 05:09 PM
Hope we are able to string play together for a few 15 minute segments like last year against Charlotte FC. Thinking we may also get a net or more from one of the new others... Dio, Ralphie, Siggi or even Matt. Maybe see Bran on the pitch?

woolly
02-25-2023, 05:29 PM
I'm in Jakarta Indonesia for this match, so if anybody has a decent link early on, it's be super appreciated!

barticusz
02-25-2023, 05:53 PM

I just checked and you totally can start at the beginning even while the match is live. Loving the switch to Apple TV, as someone else said, the quality is sooo much better.

For those watching through their gaming console you can turn off scores within the system settings.

barticusz
02-25-2023, 05:54 PM
I'm in Jakarta Indonesia for this match, so if anybody has a decent link early on, it's be super appreciated!

Woolly, all MLS matches are free on Apple TV this weekend, I assume Apple TV is available in Indonesia?

FootBallAZ
02-25-2023, 05:58 PM
Just bought the season pass for Apple TV. Let's warm up by watching the pride of Nova Scotia himself for Nashville.

It's included in the season ticket pricing fyi

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:26 PM

I am in Nova Scotia. No season tickets for this guy. Haha.

alex andrew
02-25-2023, 06:32 PM
shaffelburg scores for nashville, superb counter attack

jloome
02-25-2023, 06:35 PM
shaffelburg scores for nashville, superb counter attack
The fantasy points Mukhtar just got me are a bitter benefit, all things considered.

Why Bob?!? WHY?! Generosity?!

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:35 PM
MLS is back, baby.

https://twitter.com/mlsnetwork/status/1629626046218747906?s=20

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 06:37 PM

If you have a TSN subscription they are also playing it. If not try here for a dodgy link:

https://redditsoccerstreams.org/event/dc-united-toronto-live-stream/1050939

alex andrew
02-25-2023, 06:38 PM
was watching / browsing the game and smiled...and wondered too, i'm glad for him

he kissed white his shirt, all smiles

( in reply to jloome )

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 06:39 PM
MLS is back, baby.

https://twitter.com/mlsnetwork/status/1629626046218747906?s=20

Mostly Mukhtar, but Shaff did a good job finishing that. Happy for him.

alex andrew
02-25-2023, 06:42 PM
Mostly Mukhtar, but Shaff did a good job finishing that. Happy for him.

was keeping my fingers crossed for him, he deserved the goal

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 06:44 PM
Yeh, Shaff playing to his strengths - with Insigne, never would have worked here. Happy for the man.

Pregame at 6:55 - likely the Apple network pregame.

Gametime is 7:39pm

alex andrew
02-25-2023, 06:45 PM
in other news, no line-ups yet ??? refreshed livescore for ages

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:46 PM
In other TFC related news, Petrasso is starting for Orlando.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:47 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1629629390492409856?s=20

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:51 PM
Hope Insigne and Bernie are ready to play 90+ minutes because there is basically only one wing sub.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 06:53 PM
This lineup is not good. Fountas is their best player and he is out injured.

https://twitter.com/SoccerInsider/status/1629630296877326338?s=20

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 06:53 PM

If you have a TSN subscription they are also playing it. If not try here for a dodgy link:

https://redditsoccerstreams.org/event/dc-united-toronto-live-stream/1050939

If those don't work out you may try the following. Oddly, on the few occasions used there was very little buffering/lagging and no broken link. Sometimes there is a glitch though in entering the site... asks you to sign-up, so a workaround is... Google... hdtv.720pstream.me, then click 'more results from' at the bottom of it's segment, then scroll down to it's "Soccer Streams- Soccer Live..." and click... to then select available match.

(http://hdtv.720pstream.me)
(http://hdtv.720pstream.me)

Bobo
02-25-2023, 06:58 PM

How did I not know this until a half hour before the first game? 😆 That's embarrassing. Thankfully, I haven't subbed yet.

Someone mind explaining how to go about signing up via the season ticket account?

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 06:59 PM
There was an email with a link

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:09 PM
Hope Insigne and Bernie are ready to play 90+ minutes because there is basically only one wing sub.

Yeah, that bench. Yikes.

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:10 PM
How did I not know this until a half hour before the first game?  That's embarrassing. Thankfully, I haven't subbed yet.

Someone mind explaining how to go about signing up via the season ticket account?

Well, they did announce that part when they first announced Apple TV last year. The info has been around for months ...

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 07:22 PM
How did I not know this until a half hour before the first game?  That's embarrassing. Thankfully, I haven't subbed yet.

The Apple Season Pass Link should have come into your contact email address for TFC; likely around 16FEB23.

los sonadores
02-25-2023, 07:24 PM
Really nice not to have to puzzle over who will be starting for us. It’s been a long time that the starting eleven doesn’t especially need to be looked up before the match.

Bobo
02-25-2023, 07:26 PM
Well, they did announce that part when they first announced Apple TV last year. The info has been around for months ...

I'm not blaming anyone else, I'm embarrassed for myself, LOL.

Anyways, thanks to the others, love a free sub with five minutes to spare.

EDIT - Although, I might have to cancel my free sub if the broadcast team continues to say Toronto is part of the U.S. :facepalm:

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 07:31 PM
Alright, putting the phone away until halftime. Let's get behind the boys. This is gonna be quite the year, for better or worse.

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2023, 07:33 PM
WTF!? Was that Kaylen Kyle spreading the Fede/Lolo riff? FFS, they were singing together during the pre-season. C'mon apple! Tabloid/Forum nonsense.

noxx98
02-25-2023, 07:33 PM
Apple TV broadcast starts out with them saying Insigne is now comfortable with TFC as he's become acclimatized to living in the USA...

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:36 PM
Okay, a minor gaffe, not a big deal.

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:46 PM
Hedges and Rosted have been our two best players so far.

That's both good and bad.

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 07:48 PM
Bumpy pitch - cold night

rydermike
02-25-2023, 07:51 PM
Way too much space inthe middle

noxx98
02-25-2023, 07:51 PM
Looks like 2022 all over again lol

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:52 PM
Way too much space inthe middle

Yep - Bradley and Kaye can't both go press the same guy at the same time.

Oldtimer
That one is on Bradley.

DavemTFC
That's on mak

portu
02-25-2023, 07:53 PM
(Desperately avoids saying told you so)

OgtheDim
Slow to recover midfield

gracos
ok, so now we have to score 2, its possible right??

notthesun
Bad midfield coverage but uhhh first game jitters for Johnson? That feels like it should be saved to me

Hala Hrvatska
02-25-2023, 07:54 PM
Midfield nowhere to be found…let’s just let the guy walk in and tee it up…ffs.

James17930
02-25-2023, 07:55 PM
Bad midfield coverage but uhhh first game jitters for Johnson? That feels like it should be saved to me

He seemed to react late - seems like he didn't see it right away.

OgtheDim
The broadcast crew is very DC focused.

Not discussing the TFC points

rydermike
Brilliant ball by Bernie, Insigne needs to finish that

Hala Hrvatska
02-25-2023, 08:01 PM
Kaye continuing like he was last year…doing nothing.

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:05 PM
I like the announcers compared to TSN. Quality analysis.

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:08 PM
Sometimes I think our guys need to train on a crap pitch periodically just to deal with the pitches we will see.

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:09 PM
Oh crap

James17930
02-25-2023, 08:10 PM
Groin?

benito
02-25-2023, 08:11 PM
Oh boy. Hopefully nothing serious.

notthesun
Oh god 😬

Hala Hrvatska
Ffs…if he’s out any length of time…

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:13 PM
Akinola for Insigne. Like for like, lol.

jloome
Oh boy. Hopefully nothing serious.
gee if insigne goes down injured does that mean maybe we could put in shaffel…

oh never mind.

i have to say boys that we look absolute balls right now.

OgtheDim
He knows it's 8 weeks minimum

notthesun
Time is a flat circle

Inklink
02-25-2023, 08:14 PM
Oh look Insigne hurt 30 mins into the season. Probably conveniently won't have to play in the cold anymore. Fire this medical staff into the sun.

smtavare
Ffs…if he’s out any length of time…

Overpaid overhyped underachiever in my opinion- also terrible mid, Bradley is done, going to be long season

Bobo
Hello darkness, my old friend.

Richard
02-25-2023, 08:15 PM
Here comes the negativity.

Please everyone step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

PizzaEatingYeti
02-25-2023, 08:15 PM
After not watching MLS for such a long time, but just Euro footy, sorry to say, but so far the quality of this math is horrendous.

gracos
02-25-2023, 08:16 PM
Here comes the negativity.

Please everyone step away from the keyboard and take a deep breath.

great advice, still early in

Soccerpro
02-25-2023, 08:17 PM
Our midfield is still bad. MB-Kaye-Osorio ain’t the answer. Slow to close down and not dynamic.

James17930
02-25-2023, 08:18 PM
Overpaid overhyped underachiever in my opinion- also terrible mid, Bradley is done, going to be long season

Give me a fucking break. Pulling a groin in the first game of a season in near freezing temperatures is not unreasonable.

And he scored 6 and 2 assists in 13 games last year. How is that underachieving?

SoccMan2
02-25-2023, 08:19 PM
No big loss biggest waist of money , looks slow and uninterested, is it a coincidence that his former team Napoli looks like it might win it’s first Serie A title in years since Insigne left and pushing for a Champions League title too. I’m a big Napoli fan but Insigne is no Giovinco when it comes to TFC!

CBTFC
02-25-2023, 08:20 PM
Ah, nothing says 1st game of the season like knee jerk panic reacting on the RPB forums.

LOL

Soccerpro
02-25-2023, 08:21 PM
No big loss biggest waist of money , looks slow and uninterested, is it a coincidence that his former team Napoli looks like it might win it’s first Serie A title in years since Insigne left and pushing for a Champions League title too. I’m a big Napoli fan but Insigne is no Giovinco when it comes to TFC!

Some analytics guys on Twitter were pretty clear when he signed that he was in decline and wasn’t going to be the next Giovinco.

ag futbol
Still lots of football to be played this season. My initial impression of our roster is we are a bit too old and a bit too slow. But we shall see.

rydermike
Google says we have 54% possession. How? Seems like we're always chasing the ball and getting shredded

Hala Hrvatska
Couldnt have had a worse start to the season…losing to the worst team in the league and our star guy probably out like 2 months if a tear….

Getting absolutely toyed with out there now…post saving us….

Our mid is getting overrun.

It’s going to be another lonnnnng year I fear.

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:22 PM
I think Bradley could play as a final 30 sub, but he's too old to start.

jloome
02-25-2023, 08:22 PM
Our shape is a major problem. we’ve been spread too thin all game.

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:23 PM
The defence is actually playing well given the midfield keeps coughing it up.

TV crew warming up to me. Incisive.

Soccerpro
02-25-2023, 08:24 PM
Couldnt have had a worse start to the season…losing to the worst team in the league and our star guy probably out like 2 months if a tear….

Getting absolutely toyed with out there now…post saving us….

Our mid is getting overrun.

It’s going to be another lonnnnng year I fear.

Our midfield got overrun last year.

Kaye seems to have really declined from his LAFC days and MB is slow as molasses. It is what it is.

You can’t win when your midfield loses the battle every game.

Hala Hrvatska
I think Bradley could play as a final 30 sub, but he's too old to start.

Fully agreed.

Inklink
Wow Ayo great job buddy.

benito
Akinola has to do better there

Soccerpro
02-25-2023, 08:25 PM

Surprised he got to stay and Jimenez was traded.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 08:25 PM
I’ll try to be positive about what we’ve seen so far this half.......hmmmmmm - Nope....

TFC back to sucking again....have done almost nothing of note this entire half while giving up possession deep in our half multiple times....

Change the back line and the goalie --- so far not looking like a huge upgrade from what we’ve seen this half....

Already losing the game after giving up an early goal and Insigne already hurt 30 minutes into the season and likely out for a while —- wash rinse repeat —- Akinola really showing his quality to end the half (LOL).....I mean we don't need a DP striker who can score consistently right?! That’s not an important thing is it in this league?!

But hey look on the bright side - it’s only week 1 —

This half is an embarrassment and it’s not like they are playing some powerhouse, this DC team finished last.

If you see anything positive from this half I don’t know what to tell you other than - Enjoy!!! — you’ll be thrilled when you see this type of scenario play out over and over again this year....

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:26 PM
Down only by 1. Would take a draw

rydermike
Surprised he got to stay and Jimenez was traded.
I wasn't surprised. Akinola's trade value has to be at its lowest. Jimenez still had more value to trade.

Oldtimer
You'd think we're down 10-0 the way the discussion is going.

James17930
02-25-2023, 08:27 PM
Jesus Christ, can we at least finish the fucking game before everyone starts their doomposting?

Let's see what we can do in the second half.

Soccerpro
I wasn't surprised. Akinola's trade value has to be at its lowest. Jimenez still had more value to trade.

Great point.

I’m not watching the game. Is Akinola still fat?

gracos
Still lots of potential to be released, lets see what happens in the 2nd half

Amir.
02-25-2023, 08:28 PM
beautiful balls by michael bradley to akinola who comes up short...getting flashbacks of last year...kaye wasnt good enough lost balls and didnt get back fast enough...same in preseason...has to step up or bring in servania or rutty...still a lot of work to do and gotta be patient as a lot of new players and they dont know each other...need time for the chemistry to build

Bobo
02-25-2023, 08:28 PM
Akinola would probably improve his balance if he lost ... never mind, he just came back from injury about a year ago.

Though to be fair, at least he's showing some life.

jloome
02-25-2023, 08:29 PM
It was very poor. We’re spread far too far apart, so when DC crowds the ball, the man with it is always overwhelmed and without support.

We don’t seem to have any chemistry today. We also need to stop playing out of the back and gain some field position. Need to shorten up our game, stop spreading the field so wide.

mowe
02-25-2023, 08:30 PM
What are the positives to discuss?

We’ve played like crap and our best player got injured. It’s ok to vent.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 08:30 PM
That was about as deflating a first half as anyone could of imagined. Ayo having some chances is a good thing. I have made my feelings clear on Kaye's ability and Bradley's age, but Oso was the worst of the three midfielders that half.

SKB
02-25-2023, 08:32 PM
Well let’s see after the first half. The back line is better at clearing our lines. Our goaltending is better. The new left back looks decent. As pointed out by others our midfield is too slow and old. Hard to tell how good our attack is because the linking between the midfield and the strikers is not good. Our 3-3-4 does match well with the 4-4-2 of DC we are losing the midfield battle. Insigne out for a while I suspect. Insigne is a good player but he is no Giovinco. He needs a lot of support from other players to perform at a high level, which he does not have at TFC. He is not a big enough impact player for the money he is getting. That is not his fault it is a fault of Management.

benito
02-25-2023, 08:33 PM
I just tuned into to the tsn broadcast… is Kilbane no longer there?

ag futbol
Agreed. Terrible technique, any striker worth his salt doesn’t get the ball suck under him like that. Needs to take a better touch or fix his body shape when he’s going to shoot.

Oldtimer
Good point: Defence is much better than last year in quality. Once they gel with each other and with Johnson I think the defence will be hard to beat.

OgtheDim
Sorry but people who think this defence looks as bad as last year.... have you watched the attempted long balls getting routinly headed back? The solid back line holding play? I'm seeing a lot of midfield issues but the back line has been good

CBTFC
02-25-2023, 08:34 PM

Lol right?? It's hilarious.

Quite a few here should go outside and touch some grass (or rather snow) for a few minutes, maybe take a CBD edible.

Bobo
02-25-2023, 08:35 PM
Positive: TFC don't need to be good to still get something out of this game. Just be better than terrible.

Let's see what this Servania kid's got. Let him take his pick of who to replace.

rydermike
02-25-2023, 08:37 PM
The last few minutes showed that DC isn't great and can make some big errors. If they make an error in front of Bernadeschi, he'll punish them. But we need to get possession of the ball. We're losing the midfield battle badly.

SKB
02-25-2023, 08:38 PM
Let’s talk about our midfield. Micheal Bradley has been a wonderful player for TFC. I have all the respect for him. However, Father Time has taken over and he is not he player he was. If Bob Bradley is not the coach he is on the bench for most teams. Kaye is a mistake, really not good at all. Osorio looks uncomfortable out there, not sure why? A team will never win consistently without a strong midfield, especially in a 3-3-4

PizzaEatingYeti
02-25-2023, 08:39 PM
Positive: TFC don't need to be good to still get something out of this game. Just be better than terrible.

Let's see what this Servania kid's got. Let him take his pick of who to replace.

Yeah, but except Bradley. That is a forbidden pick, lol.
(OK, Kaye is worst... but you know what I mean...)

MikeForbes
In my mind palace, Servania comes on and just replaces Kaye as the everyday starter. MAK still has a role to play here, but until his form improves he can't be a nailed on starter.

backbeat
I'd like to see them go to a 3-5-2 in the 2nd half either pushing Richie up or bringing Servania in

jloome
02-25-2023, 08:41 PM
I don’t think that was all on the players. Our team shape was poor, no one supporting one another, not much movement off the ball. Having michael collect at the back line continues to allow teams to press our transitional distribution.

levyashin
02-25-2023, 08:41 PM
With no effective midfield this team will struggle no matter who plays defence that lesson was learnt last year.
To get back in the game they have to up the tempo 100% or it’s not going to be pretty.

DavemTFC
02-25-2023, 08:42 PM
Insigne was playing great before the injury. Really everyone's been solid except for Kaye who lost basically everything and Ayo who isn't a winger.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 08:45 PM
Ayo using his strength and size is great to see.

rydermike
02-25-2023, 08:47 PM
This half has been alot more positive. We have the ball and are attacking, instead of always chasing

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:48 PM
I don’t think that was all on the players. Our team shape was poor, no one supporting one another, not much movement off the ball. Having michael collect at the back line continues to allow teams to press our transitional distribution.

Yes. I see a team that does not know each other very well, and yes Michael can't really do that anymore.

OgtheDim
02-25-2023, 08:48 PM
I.... Having michael collect at the back line continues to allow teams to press our transitional distribution.

Yeh, the predictable nature of what we do starts there

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:50 PM
Laryea looking good.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 08:51 PM

Thank You — my post is a vent based on a very poorly played first half and the most expensive player in the league walking off the field from a non-contact injury - I’m supposed to act like I saw something great ?!

Sure - we could come back and do something Positive this half, but this is a “live” game thread - in the moment those are my sentiments, that can easily change if I see something different in the second half.....

So far this half is better....see I can be positive too.....then again if Fede is out, the season is over....LOL....

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 08:51 PM
Bring in JMR and Servania.

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:53 PM
Not a red? Studs up should be a red.

Bobo
02-25-2023, 08:53 PM
Orange card? Studs seemed up at the ankle.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 08:54 PM
Push Bernie further forward. Take Kaye and Adama off. JMR or Richie at RM. 4-4-2.

noxx98
02-25-2023, 08:56 PM
Petretta has also looked quite good. No notable mistakes, some tidy plays.

Hala Hrvatska
Had to be a red

jloome
He’s made significant changes. we’re moving as a tighter block and the central mids are playing a bit higher, between the lines, MB mostly sitting back now.

at least he’s adapted tactically, think kaye has to come off next.

gracos
i like the playstyle may not be the result we want, but it certainly is closer to what one can expect from a playoff team, its early and can still be more growth and potential reached, but can certainly see a difference from last year

ag futbol
02-25-2023, 08:57 PM
Ted Unkle should not be in the league still.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 08:58 PM
How long until Richie wipes somebody out - I can’t imagine this many yellows and Lareya not getting in on the fun?! LOL....

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 08:58 PM
DC playing like Rooney. Fouls all over.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
That 16 year old CB for DCU has been really good considering he should be trying to find a date for prom instead of trying to get a clean sheet against TFC.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:00 PM
That 16 year old CB for DCU has been really good considering he should be trying to find a date for prom instead of trying to get a clean sheet against TFC.

Jynx!

noxx98
02-25-2023, 09:01 PM
Penalty all day. Classic Richie.

tfcfans
False Hope ?!

Come on Berna !

Oldtimer
Brilliant play by Laryea.

James17930
Richie again!!

This guy is incredible.

benito
Ritchie doing Ritchie things

tfcfans
Wooooo

ag futbol
There we go. That should get everyone’s spirits up

benito
02-25-2023, 09:02 PM
So calm!

James17930
Smoooooooth.

MikeForbes
Bernie is automatic.

Hala Hrvatska
Fede cool as ice

tfcfans
Are we allowed to say that Berna has been the way better signing so far of the two?!

gracos
02-25-2023, 09:03 PM
well done boys, keep going and get the 3 points, best defense is offense

Oldtimer

Laryea, who is excellent. Plus now a tying goal.

noxx98
MB also had a very nice chip pass to Richie there.

rydermike
02-25-2023, 09:04 PM
It's nice to feel comfortable with a PK kicker. Before Bernie, I was never really confident on our PK kickers. He's just automatic

rydermike
02-25-2023, 09:05 PM
Jynx!
Quick, say something nice about another DCU player

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:06 PM
Quick, say something nice about another DCU player

Tyler Miller has shown great distribution tonight!

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:07 PM
Amazing the difference between half one and half two —- now they need to finish this game professionally and get some points on the road.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:07 PM
We do need a couple subs. Bob is always slow on the draw in this area.

Oldtimer
02-25-2023, 09:10 PM
Amazingly Bradley looking better in the second half.

James17930
02-25-2023, 09:11 PM
It's nice to feel comfortable with a PK kicker. Before Bernie, I was never really confident on our PK kickers. He's just automatic

Well, Poz was pretty automatic.

Amir.
02-25-2023, 09:12 PM
another magnificent ball by michael bradley as hes been doing all game and whats the result? penalty

Hala Hrvatska
02-25-2023, 09:12 PM
Osorio having a bad one

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:13 PM
Servania has come to save us!

rydermike
02-25-2023, 09:15 PM
Well, Poz was pretty automatic.
He was his first couple years. Then feel like in 2021 he missed a big chunk of time and we struggled on PKs. Or maybe I'm just mixing it up and remembering all the shootouts we lost because no one else could take them.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:18 PM
Wow !

Hala Hrvatska
02-25-2023, 09:18 PM
Told you so!!!😏

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:19 PM
Give MAK credit for coming down on it too !!

ag futbol
What a turn of events lol

MikeForbes
Kaye! What a free kick by Bernie!

rydermike
Hopefully that's just what Kaye needed to get back to his old self

James17930
Get fucking in!

Oldtimer
2-0.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:20 PM
Berna is starting his career at TFC like Poz did — hopefully the same type of run as 2019.

jloome
Kaye keeps his cool, gets over it.

great turnaround.

MikeForbes
The Servania effect. Won that free kick.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:21 PM
There is the Lareya yellow card ! - like clockwork !! LOL

benito
02-25-2023, 09:21 PM
Great free kick. Keeper did well to save it but Kaye did better on the rebound.

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:22 PM
Now the real test —— can we close out a game professionally without bunkering into a shell.....let’s hope so.....

gracos
02-25-2023, 09:22 PM
Well done TFC

Inklink
02-25-2023, 09:23 PM
Thank you MAK

tfcfans
02-25-2023, 09:26 PM
So predictable —- still can’t close out games without bunkering....

James17930
Of course

benito
Geez

stelinelli
A tale as old as time :) happy new season everyone!

tfcfans
Just get a tie please.....

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:27 PM
Rick fucking DiPietro just got an assist.

ag futbol
Looks like Rosted lost his man at the far post? Watching at the bar at a distance, sort of hard to tell who it was

noxx98
Rosted got absolutely bodied by Benteke on that goal, oof.

James17930
02-25-2023, 09:29 PM
Unfortunately the original turnover came from Richie trying to dribble through 3 guys instead of just booting it up the field.

MikeForbes
02-25-2023, 09:30 PM
Looks like Rosted lost his man at the far post? Watching at the bar at a distance, sort of hard to tell who it was

He did get bodied. Definitely has looked decent tonight, but a lot of players get shocked by how physical MLS is.