05-16-2008, 08:35 PM
Good to hear.

Daveisonfire
05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
2000 > 40

FluSH
05-16-2008, 08:36 PM
Dead...

Edit: I gotta give them credit for coming up here with only 40... That's like having 50 people going down to D.C. vs La Barra Brava.... *wait* =P

SilverSamurai
05-16-2008, 08:37 PM
So everyone that was a Columbus supporter is coming to Toronto? lol

UltraSuperMegaMo
05-16-2008, 08:48 PM
Lets hope it’s not the congregation of a certain Church (Our Lady of the Easily Offended).

McHaggis
05-16-2008, 09:33 PM
40 people? Maybe they're counting the squad, trainers and assorted other Crew staff?

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2008, 09:52 PM
As soon as the windstar/Crew fan club rolls in you all know what to chant!!

WHO ARE YA ?!?!?!?

Raging Reggie
05-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Good on em. Then after they lose they can go home even more jelous and depressed over how they will never have 10000000000000000x the atmosphere/support at crud stadium like they will witness at BMO in TO!

Lucky Strike
05-16-2008, 10:00 PM
Bhahahahaha! If relocation didn't send such a negative vibe about the league, I'd just take Columbus and KC, move them somewhere and promote Montreal and Vancouver.

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2008, 10:13 PM
"They spell gray funny"....... Actually you idiot the country where the language was developed spells it the same way as us. So it seems you inbreds bastardized our language. ........... GAH!!

Anyways we're gonna win.

noochie
05-16-2008, 10:26 PM
http://www.justtotheleft.com/images/short_bus.JPG

Torcida
05-16-2008, 10:32 PM
We shouldn't be making fun especially if you are not going to DC. our #'s for that trip are disgraceful, imo.

Nomad
05-16-2008, 10:38 PM
We shouldn't be making fun especially if you are not going to DC. our #'s for that trip are disgraceful, imo.

QFT...

FluSH
05-16-2008, 10:38 PM

THANK

YOU

noochie
05-16-2008, 10:40 PM

In a league so spread out like this... supporters have to pick and choose. The time off / financial implications are greater. This isn't England where every match is a few hours away by carpool.

Most people seem not to give a shit about DC... more cared about Columbus. Basing support on 1 lack lustre roadtrip is a little short-sighted. Fact of the matter is that we took the Columbus rivalry seriously and cleary there is no reciprocation.

I will be going to NY because they need to hear how shite they are (I think they already know so it will just be reiterating).

footyfan
05-16-2008, 10:44 PM
Crew newspaper writer says about 40 fans are coming up:

http://blog.dispatch.com/crew/

Damn, you guys should feel honoured. That's more than they brought to DC. Probably one of their largest away trips.

footyfan
05-16-2008, 10:47 PM

Why though? I was really hoping you guys would come down in numbers. I really hoped you'd beat the largest away support to come to RFK in MLS (Red Bull's 800+)

Red CB Toronto
05-16-2008, 10:49 PM
I am glad to see supporters of the Crew are coming, your passion for your team makes you a supporter and those who are coming have it, so i think we should never judge the numbers because we are not the norm when it comes to the MLS, but I would never trade the TFC experience for anything.

GeorgeB
05-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Why though? I was really hoping you guys would come down in numbers. I really hoped you'd beat the largest away support to come to RFK in MLS (Red Bull's 800+)our owner didnt want to pay for it .maybe you luck out and host us for a home opener next year we could do something big,plus it seems like chicago and NY are more favourable to visit than you this year.

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
Wanted to DC, but work and cashflow stopped me. New England and Chicago is still on the cards..

footyfan
05-16-2008, 10:57 PM
our owner didnt want to pay for it .maybe you luck out and host us for a home opener next year we could do something big,plus it seems like chicago and NY are more favourable to visit than you this year.

Oh well. See ya next year then.

GeorgeB
05-16-2008, 10:59 PM
Oh well. See ya next year then.no,see ya next week :p

FluSH
05-16-2008, 11:05 PM
Why though? I was really hoping you guys would come down in numbers. I really hoped you'd beat the largest away support to come to RFK in MLS (Red Bull's 800+)

It was the BULLSHIT Montreal schedule on Tuesday May 27th that made lots of people opt out of D.C.

A game on a Tuesday?! WTF is that...

James Oliphant
05-16-2008, 11:23 PM
...the same as any international competition typically schedules their games during the season?

You may have heard of a little thing called the UEFA Champions League. ;)

FluSH
05-16-2008, 11:27 PM
It's still BULL...

James Oliphant
05-16-2008, 11:31 PM
...but it doesn't excuse our poor showing on the road.

Red CB Toronto
05-16-2008, 11:32 PM
I wonder why the game against the Impact could not have been played at somepoint during this 17 day layoff, rather than jaming into a stretch the already included 4 games over a two week period, only to have a fifth cramed in.

James Oliphant
05-16-2008, 11:36 PM
Two reasons...

1) The Impact don't yet have a stadium to play in. It's essentially ready to go, but finishing touches will be put on the stadium right up 'til it opens officially on Monday. That's why they haven't played a home game yet this season.

2) We may have had 17 days off, but they didn't.

It's more reason 1 than reason 2.

SilverSamurai
05-16-2008, 11:47 PM
It was the BULLSHIT Montreal schedule on Tuesday May 27th that made lots of people opt out of D.C.

A game on a Tuesday?! WTF is that...

True, but although I'm not going to either, I would have chosen Montreal easily.
Canada Cup means a lot more.
Sadly it's cbcsports.ca for me!

Kevvv
05-17-2008, 12:02 AM
Most people seem not to give a shit about DC... more cared about Columbus.

I don't think it's the rivalry so much. Fact is, Columbus was the first game after a 5 month break. We would've had great numbers for DC if they were the season opener for us. Columbus is also the closest geographically, that certainly helps.

Fact of the matter is that we took the Columbus rivalry seriously and cleary there is no reciprocation.

They could barely fill 14,000 seats for their home opener, including TFC fans; finding 40 supporters with valid passports doesn't sound so bad, considering.

tfcleeds
05-17-2008, 12:11 AM
[quote=Kevvv;6837]I don't think it's the rivalry so much. Fact is, Columbus was the first game after a 5 month break. We would've had great numbers for DC if they were the season opener for us. Columbus is also the closest geographically, that certainly helps.

QFT. If DC are our season opener next year, we will bring at least 1,000 there. Mark my words. :)

Kevvv
05-17-2008, 12:14 AM
FTR, I liked DC. Good tailgate, and a nice city to spend time in. Weather ain't bad either.

onemanbarmyarmy
05-17-2008, 05:55 AM
Are the road trips still 3 day affairs? Because that is the problem for me. I'll still go to Chicago, maybe New England but 1%ers will make their own way down.

MUFC_Niagara
05-17-2008, 06:47 AM
DC's stadium is god awful. Last year they stick us in the 2nd deck in the middle of nowhere. I would hate having to go to RFK every week.

Laurignano
05-17-2008, 10:38 AM
DC's stadium is god awful. Last year they stick us in the 2nd deck in the middle of nowhere. I would hate having to go to RFK every week.

They at least have some decent fans to chant agianst.

bdrs
05-17-2008, 10:45 AM
Welcome them all, 40 or 400, with open arms and make sure they know whose house it is!

Detroit_TFC
05-17-2008, 06:56 PM
Seems like there was a couple dozen.

Ageroo
05-17-2008, 06:59 PM
I was down there...and for the most part all of them seemed like good people....didn't try to start anything........we must have got the normal group down for our game....

akoto
05-17-2008, 08:31 PM
Yeah there seemed to be about 20 max. I saw 3 going back to their car after the game who were getting yelled at quite a bit.

TFC_Toon
05-17-2008, 08:40 PM
Nice to see Crew supporters make the trip and at the tailgate today, they may not have many but these one's are true supporters of their club.

Well done.

etro
05-17-2008, 08:50 PM
Yea good on the few Crew fans for coming down.

I was surprised to actually have recognized a few of them from past games in Columbus lol

Cashcleaner
05-17-2008, 08:51 PM

Not nearly as disgraceful as the numbers going to Montreal, though. :(

Red CB Toronto
05-17-2008, 09:36 PM
I have to give the members of the Crew Union props for being in good spirit and joining in on the fun at the tailgate, good see.

Kevvv
05-17-2008, 11:14 PM
I recognised one supporter at the tailgate, the guy front & centre:

http://www.redpatchboys.ca/forums/picture.php?albumid=2&pictureid=193

TFC07
05-17-2008, 11:46 PM
Here's a crew fan talking about his experience in Toronto so far:

http://crewonespot.blogspot.com/

Roogsy
05-18-2008, 02:52 AM
There is one reason and one reason alone that the DC United trip does not have 200 people...

Canada Cup game @ Montreal

If this trip had been scheduled at a different time AND if we hadn't already played DC this year...I think we could have taken a decent group.

Not to mention...there aren't a whole lot of people wanting to go see a soccer game at RFK...I am going and even I am not looking forward to that aspect of it.

noochie
05-18-2008, 08:06 AM
I think it may also be fair to say the most people on here also hold season tickets or half season tickets. It is a lot to ask to fork out cash for the Canada Cup + All Star Game + whatever else on top of the season ticket prices. People have to pick and choose where to spend their cash.

I think you would be more effective if these road trips were marketed off of message boards and to those supporters dying to get to a game where they aren't able to get tickets a BMO. What about placing a little article in the Free Kick thingy or perhaps work with the team to push it through the website a little more. I don't think it was a coincidence that serious advertising in advance was one of the main reasons for the Columbus success.

noochie
05-18-2008, 08:10 AM
I don't think it's the rivalry so much. Fact is, Columbus was the first game after a 5 month break. We would've had great numbers for DC if they were the season opener for us. Columbus is also the closest geographically, that certainly helps.

New York and DC are right in the same ballpark distance wise. I agree with the break however the marketing campaign helped as well. I met a lot of people who aren't affliated with any supporters group on the trip down there. Having a day trip was also appealing. It is tougher to get away for a few days.

They could barely fill 14,000 seats for their home opener, including TFC fans; finding 40 supporters with valid passports doesn't sound so bad, considering.

Wasn't just talking about the travelling support... was talking more about the team. We (TFC) made it a rivalry. They didn't help supporters get up here.

GetGame
05-18-2008, 09:23 AM
From the southwest corner the Crew Fans looked like a giant bumble bee :)

stretchthetruth
05-18-2008, 09:34 AM
i spoke with one Crew supporter after the game, and he was pure class. he just kept saying what great support we have, and how it should be like this all over MLS... and this was after i booed (in jest) him outside the shitters...

brad
05-18-2008, 10:36 AM
I was sitting quite close to them, I have to say they were one of, if not the lamest group of away fans we've had visit. They didn't really make much noise and hardly sang all match.