PDA

View Full Version : Match Day 29 - LAG @ TFC Wednesday August 31 7:38-m - I have a photograph

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-28-2022, 05:05 PM
They're all that's left you

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Gh0zFVc6S8

Have at It People

OgtheDim
08-28-2022, 05:09 PM
Counterpoint

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EwViQxSJJQ

ensco
08-28-2022, 07:39 PM
Need the Galaxy to empty their holster in NE tonight. Chicharito with the beauty through ball. Early goal in 4th minute for them…

OgtheDim
08-28-2022, 09:40 PM
None of the ex -TFC played for LAG tonight -

Delgado seems to have gotten Osorio's Non-covid illness & Edwards has a hamstring issue. Vasquez & nephew on bench but don't see time on the turf.

Yuushalinsky
08-28-2022, 09:46 PM
shame I'd like Nephew to be on the pitch for this one...

ensco
08-28-2022, 09:52 PM
That was a small gift from the playoff gods. Galaxy were seriously outplayed.

I had not seen a full Galaxy game in a long time. I didn’t see the things I think of as Vanneyball- being focused on possession, building up deliberately…

los sonadores
08-28-2022, 10:23 PM
That was a small gift from the playoff gods. Galaxy were seriously outplayed.

I had not seen a full Galaxy game in a long time. I didn’t see the things I think of as Vanneyball- being focused on possession, building up deliberately…

Interesting… nothing much I hear out of LA sounds especially Vanney-like. Looking forward to being at the stadium on Wednesday. Suspect we’ll see Vazquez on the pitch.

ensco
08-29-2022, 06:48 AM
The through ball on the second Galaxy goal was from Puig, and is worth a look.

https://twitter.com/mattdoyle76/status/1564046761211092993?s=21&t=WliUfE2wUrj12wmElnuWCg

noxx98
08-29-2022, 07:11 AM

Great pass but the defender stopped moving and gave him acres of space to take down that ball

ensco
08-29-2022, 07:16 AM
^That is true.

los sonadores
08-29-2022, 07:36 AM

https://twitter.com/mattdoyle76/status/1564046761211092993?s=21&t=WliUfE2wUrj12wmElnuWCg

On second thought, maybe we won’t see Victor….

Smokecell
08-29-2022, 07:40 AM
That highlight is brought to you by poor defending. Andrew Farrell (I think?) caught way out of position.

On that note - makes you wonder if we'll end up on a similar highlight due to our deficiencies in the centre of defence.

ensco
08-29-2022, 07:58 AM
Those goals were almost identical and leave me frustrated over the results in our NE games. Vanney shows you here how pro scouting and coaching can matter.

NE pressed us high and wide and gave us real trouble with that. They played it the same way against LA. (Arena, like BB, is pretty inflexible.) So Vanney figures out that their backline are cheating to do that, and has his guys send good through balls right down route 1. Its 2-0 in 15 minutes and, despite that fact that LA are generally outplayed throughout, they get full points.

I miss Vanney. THAT kind of adjustment is something we have not seen here since he left.

los sonadores
08-29-2022, 08:10 AM
Those goals were almost identical and leave me frustrated over the results in our NE games. Vanney shows you here how pro scouting and coaching can matter.

NE pressed us high and wide and gave us real trouble with that. They played it the same way against LA. (Arena, like BB, is pretty inflexible.) So Vanney figures out that their backline are cheating to do that, and has his guys send good through balls right down route 1. Its 2-0 in 15 minutes and, despite that fact that LA are generally outplayed throughout, they get full points.

I miss Vanney. THAT kind of adjustment is something we have not seen here since he left.

Very true. It was one of the aspects of Vanney’s work that was to our great advantage in this league. I’m hoping, maybe against hope, that when BB gets his pieces in place we demonstrate more tactical adaptability.

Yuushalinsky
08-29-2022, 08:27 AM
Very true. It was one of the aspects of Vanney’s work that was to our great advantage in this league. I’m hoping, maybe against hope, that when BB gets his pieces in place we demonstrate more tactical adaptability.

We kind of did in that Charlotte game though - look at the way we adjusted to finally break that block down. As Insigne and Berna get warmed up, we're going to only get spicier.

leedsandTFC
08-29-2022, 08:40 AM
doubt chicarito starts after starting tonight on turf

Kamp Berg
08-29-2022, 08:46 AM
doubt chicarito starts after starting tonight on turf

In the game summary it says he was substituted because of injury.

ensco
08-29-2022, 08:56 AM
We kind of did in that Charlotte game though - look at the way we adjusted to finally break that block down. As Insigne and Berna get warmed up, we're going to only get spicier.

My own thought was that Charlotte opened up and had to start chasing the game, because we got that goal, more than anything we did.

Not disagreeing with your point about Fede and Lorenzo getting better just as a function of minutes.

Mr. Inbetween
08-29-2022, 09:42 AM
One more time...

https://formation-images-cdn.homecrowd.io/images/HCD/2022/8/29/GOm3A8932WI9zGuORtJS.png
TORONTO FC, MLS
(https://homecrowd.io/formation/render?id=GOm3A8932WI9zGuORtJS)

Mr. Inbetween
08-29-2022, 10:07 AM
Hoping for us, that the evening is one of those 'Hollywood Nights'...

http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOutbT3xpW0 (http://
http://youtube.com/watch?v=cOutbT3xpW0)

SenorDingDong
08-29-2022, 10:15 AM
Osorio back?

MAK still MIA?

Jimenez back to starting?

Oldtimer
08-29-2022, 10:22 AM

BB plays a very different kind of game that depends on being able to impose his game on the other team rather than adjusting his tactics to the opponent.
It can work if you have the right type of team, which he doesn't quite have yet, hopefully in 2023. I personally prefer Vanney's approach as it works easier, doesn't require perfection, and works more often in a parity league.

Mr. Inbetween
08-29-2022, 11:47 AM
BB plays a very different kind of game that depends on being able to impose his game on the other team rather than adjusting his tactics to the opponent. It can work if you have the right type of team, which he doesn't quite have yet, hopefully in 2023. I personally prefer Vanney's approach as it works easier, doesn't require perfection, and works more often in a parity league.

Yeah, the Martin Caceres signing just might fit that approach.

The visitor's side of our pitch and their bench could have been quite interesting and full of known faces.
I realize now a few will be questionable/injured and will not make the trip.
LAG, ahem... TFC REDUX... has just added Endoh in USL to their contingent of Delgado, Edwards, Vazquez, Vanney and Zavaleta.
Even Caceres, should he also make the trip, would be a familiar SerieA'er to Lolo, Fede, Mimmo and even Michele.

Ultra & Proud
08-29-2022, 11:50 AM
Osorio back?

MAK still MIA?

Jimenez back to starting?

Hopefully all of them are available.

The Ayo experiment is a no and we need better in midfield.

portu
08-29-2022, 11:54 AM
I’d like to see Lorenzo in the midfield again if MAK/Oso are both still out.

portu
08-29-2022, 11:55 AM
We are pretty much at the point where every game needs to be a win to make the playoffs.

It’s tough but not impossible. One game at a time.

OgtheDim
08-29-2022, 12:22 PM
Just a note - BB adjusted LI going inside against Charlotte & Nelson going to the outside - didn't watch the game so not sure it worked to break them down more but he does make adjustments. What BB doesn't do is go form 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 to 5-3-2 all in one half - only Vanney does that in MLS and its insane.

Oldtimer
08-29-2022, 12:34 PM
Just a note - BB adjusted LI going inside against Charlotte & Nelson going to the outside - didn't watch the game so not sure it worked to break them down more but he does make adjustments. What BB doesn't do is go form 4-3-3 to 3-5-2 to 4-2-3-1 to 5-3-2 all in one half - only Vanney does that in MLS and its insane.

Yes, BB does do minor adjustments. Little tweaks. He doesn't change his whole tactical approach. He has his teams play his style.

Vanney is more like the Euro managers he's studied, trains his teams in a variety of formations and tactics and makes sure they know all of them cold.

Yohan
08-29-2022, 02:09 PM
Yes, BB does do minor adjustments. Little tweaks. He doesn't change his whole tactical approach. He has his teams play his style.

Vanney is more like the Euro managers he's studied, trains his teams in a variety of formations and tactics and makes sure they know all of them cold.
it's almost like he has a coaching badge from French FA or something ;)

ensco
08-29-2022, 02:14 PM
Not sure where this should go… but in an interview with Molinaro published today, Vanney says he didn’t want to go, but Manning and Curtis were dragging their feet on an extension, which he expected between MLS Cup 2019 and July 2020, at which point he decided to start looking around…

fwiw

Oldtimer
08-29-2022, 02:18 PM
Not sure where this should go… but in an interview with Molinaro published today, Vanney says he didn’t want to go, but Manning and Curtis were dragging their feet on an extension, which he expected between MLS Cup 2019 and July 2020, at which point he decided to start looking around…

fwiw

Well we know Curtis had his own guy.

Bushmancan
08-29-2022, 02:42 PM
I will stand up and still say i was a Vanney change person. Never in a million years did I think Armas was the train wreck coming that he was but I like BB and the direction we are going. It just has taken so long… Still joking about it and not planning it but I am looking forward to MLS Cup in LA vs. LAFC. With a full squad, only team that scares me is Philly. This is the week that determines everything.

portu
08-29-2022, 05:31 PM

fwiw

It was the right time to move on from Vanney, but they didn’t do it properly at all

ensco
08-29-2022, 05:33 PM
It was the right time to move on from Vanney, but they didn’t do it properly at all

It is probably true that seven years is about the longest any manager can be effective.

Also, imagine having to listen to Ali Curtis all effing day for two years, and having to pretend you think he is smart.

OgtheDim
08-29-2022, 06:41 PM
I see Vanney coming back to Toronto after the inevitable NT stint with somebody - give it about 9 years from now. (I still think he does the 2030 WC for the US)

ensco
08-29-2022, 06:48 PM
I see Vanney coming back to Toronto after the inevitable NT stint with somebody - give it about 9 years from now. (I still think he does the 2030 WC for the US)

I like this prediction. Although I think Jesse Marsch will have a big mandate when he inevitably gets that position, and I don’t think he gets to the USMNT until at least 2025… also watch Ancelotti lurking in Vancouver…

Also I would have said Greg is BB's successor as President.

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 12:01 AM

I didn’t see the match either but LI in the hole when Osorio and MAK are out sounds a good idea. It seems BB did make adjustments earlier in the season but the younger players weren’t capable of them. Also, I wasn’t capable of watching, hah, because we were so lamentably bad.

But certain things seem a given with BB. The adaptability will, to some degree, come from fluidity of attack… don’t think we’re going to see that enough until next season.

OgtheDim
08-30-2022, 06:35 AM
Reading the Molinaro Vanney interview, it sounds like the real sticking point was how the future was going to look - Curtis had his ideas & Vanney didn't see it being doable to the standard & in the way he would have preferred.

leedsandTFC
08-30-2022, 07:25 AM
Bob has actually used a bunch of formations this year based on the players we've had available.

nick.mastro
08-30-2022, 07:36 AM
Bob has actually used a bunch of formations this year based on the players we've had available.

I would love to see for once just to try a 4-4-2 with Insigne and Berna playing similar roles to the giovinco / altidore days

portu
08-30-2022, 07:55 AM
Yes, but he’s been pretty stuck to the 4-3-3 for a while now (and the idea of two wingers and a striker up top all year).

I don’t think BB needs to have a full bag of formations to turn to. That being said, it would definitely be negligent not to develop an alternative by next year’s playoffs. That doesn’t necessarily need to be a formation, but more a way of playing like bringing Lorenzo inside last match.

Two major risks that make this necessary: (1) Club’s setting up to shut down our primary strategies and (2) injuries to key players which shut down our primary strategies.

Mr. Inbetween
08-30-2022, 08:18 AM
… also watch Ancelotti lurking in Vancouver…

If the following statement is not a 'fake quote' and actually attributable to him... then how could such a good mister be so wrong? :wink:

https://twitter.com/CR7prime__/status/1564261494317264900

(https://twitter.com/CR7prime__/status/1564261494317264900)

FootBallAZ
08-30-2022, 08:30 AM

fwiw

was done with Seba, Vanney, Altidore and Bradley- most 1 year contract normally are resolved sooner than later.

Kamp Berg
08-30-2022, 08:39 AM
was done with Seba, Vanney, Altidore and Bradley- most 1 year contract normally are resolved sooner than later.

Manning and Curtis appear to think they are smarter than those around them. The evidence points to the contrary.

Mr. Inbetween
08-30-2022, 08:46 AM
BB has changed formations from match to match historically, eg. @ LAFC and even with TFC.
I think during matches he has adopted the 'Mancini Template' for now.
It seems to align with his own thoughts, style and intentions for TFC footy.
For me, that is a 'fluid' 4-3-3...
That may tactically morph during match play into spurts of a mid hold/press of 2-5-3, a defensive shell of 4-5-1, and even a counter attack 2-3-5.
Still I have no idea of what this was during the Charlotte FC game...

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1564050848740687872 (https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1564050848740687872)

ag futbol
08-30-2022, 08:48 AM
I guess this is sort of revisiting the past but my take was, Vanney was mostly a good coach but the guy was incredibly short termist.

Have a young guy with promise on the bench? Well he gets one chance at spot minutes and if he’s not flawless, you won’t see him again for 3 months. That’s why we had an excess of Nick DeLeon types on the roster. 6/10 performances, tactically over-do games. Don’t think about rest-recovery or managing minutes. The immediate task was all that mattered, win the next game, the next thing (i.e. push for a supporters shield with guys on crutches rather than rest and make a real playoff run)

I think we got what we needed out of him and it was time to move on. We just chose the wrong people and had the wrong plan after the fact.

FootBallAZ
08-30-2022, 11:09 AM
Manning and Curtis appear to think they are smarter than those around them. The evidence points to the contrary.

arrogance at it's finest. lost a couple of competitive years but have the italians to show for it.

oh i guess TFC is still paying , Armas, Ali, Jozy

Kamp Berg
08-30-2022, 01:28 PM
arrogance at it's finest. lost a couple of competitive years but have the italians to show for it.

oh i guess TFC is still paying , Armas, Ali, Jozy

I definitely appreciate the Italians, but I don’t think they would have come with Curtis and Armas in charge. Manning is lucky he has MLSE money and the Bradley’s.

portu
08-30-2022, 01:59 PM
I guess this is sort of revisiting the past but my take was, Vanney was mostly a good coach but the guy was incredibly short termist.

Have a young guy with promise on the bench? Well he gets one chance at spot minutes and if he’s not flawless, you won’t see him again for 3 months. That’s why we had an excess of Nick DeLeon types on the roster. 6/10 performances, tactically over-do games. Don’t think about rest-recovery or managing minutes. The immediate task was all that mattered, win the next game, the next thing (i.e. push for a supporters shield with guys on crutches rather than rest and make a real playoff run)

I think we got what we needed out of him and it was time to move on. We just chose the wrong people and had the wrong plan after the fact.

Vanney to me was less short-termist than he was about knowing what he was going to get out of a guy. It has its merits.

The guys who puts in the consistent 6/10 performances in this league are valuable because they understand their limitations and play the game as tactically intended. These two things mean players make less mistakes and other players are more prepared for the mistakes that do happen.

Players who try to push the limits of their ability on the pitch and aren’t as tactically disciplined tend to make mistakes that are riskier/higher impact.

Vanney felt like the kind of coach that wanted his players to know where the ball would go next even when they were brain dead exhausted. That’s why he valued the 6/10 guys and that’s why he’d sometimes rather play a guy on crutches than a kid who’d never touched the pitch in MLS.

At least that’s my theory.

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 03:49 PM
Vanney to me was less short-termist than he was about knowing what he was going to get out of a guy. It has its merits.

The guys who puts in the consistent 6/10 performances in this league are valuable because they understand their limitations and play the game as tactically intended. These two things mean players make less mistakes and other players are more prepared for the mistakes that do happen.

Players who try to push the limits of their ability on the pitch and aren’t as tactically disciplined tend to make mistakes that are riskier/higher impact.

Vanney felt like the kind of coach that wanted his players to know where the ball would go next even when they were brain dead exhausted. That’s why he valued the 6/10 guys and that’s why he’d sometimes rather play a guy on crutches than a kid who’d never touched the pitch in MLS.

At least that’s my theory.

That’s my sense of it, as well.

Interestingly, with Vanney and Bradley we’ve had opposite approaches. Earlier in the season Bradley needed a certain type of player to fit his conception of the football be wants to play and he choose the players that, in theory, might play that way. But in fact they were not ready to start, or even, maybe ever to play those roles. I can’t imagine Vanney making those choices.

Both have a strong sense of the football they want to play but different ways to get there. Also, Vanney came in under the gun needing to win right away whereas Bob clearly has carte blanche to tear down and lose.

ag futbol
08-30-2022, 04:09 PM
I get it. Maybe I’m just a little jaded by the worse years with Vanney as opposed to the better ones.

My memory is something as follow: season is shot. Nick DeLeon et al aren’t going to win you the game with 6/10 performances. No downside to trying young players. Who plays? Nick DeLeon.

And by no means is this an endorsement of the youth talent we had at the time (far from it). But there are certain circumstances where average will never be enough (or accomplishes nothing) and risk taking is what’s needed.

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 04:22 PM
Fair enough. I’m sure the lean years before Vanney helped me to overlook the poor years he had.

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 04:40 PM
I’d say both managers, in their different ways, are ‘loyalty’ men. They get what they need from their players based on a certain devotion and attitude. Not true of every coach in this league, for sure.

In Vanney’s defence, Deleon despite being a career 6/10er fought like hell for us and even scored some brilliant and timely goals.

Also, he was being misused in DC but not here. Vanney was poor with relying on internal youth but excellent in seeing the qualities in players being poorly used elsewhere. See young Delgado and young Layrea.

I think Vanney didn’t bring in his players in order to sit them when things were not going well. Partly he got what he got out of them by sticking with them.

PawTar711
08-30-2022, 04:55 PM
With winning this game we can replace the playoff spot sides so we'll need to continue what the designated players brought forth. If Osario and essentially Bono are playing, you can argue that if the designated players continue, theres a good chance that the others can contribute too to make it more whole. This game can be pivitol to see if we replace a playoff spot sort of how they all are in this resepct. :scarf::flare::drum:

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 04:56 PM
Maybe some of the differences in style between the two are socio-cultural. Vanney is a younger middle American dude who played in LA and France, he’s a bit more mild mannered and flexible. Bradley is a tough New Jersey-ite fighter of an earlier generation. Both intelligent guys though and both want to “play football” but very different minds/temperaments.

los sonadores
08-30-2022, 07:03 PM
Any news on the Osorio and MAK fronts? We could really use both of them.

noxx98
08-30-2022, 07:26 PM
Any news on the Osorio and MAK fronts? We could really use both of them.
Both trained today but away from the main group. Molinaro has them as "questionable".

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1564664651333472257

buddies
08-31-2022, 06:19 AM
^^^ Keep your cards close to your vest. Keep the enemy thinking. Don't make it easy for them. Preparing for Oso and MAK in the midfield is different from preparing for Nelson and Kerr ...

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 06:31 AM
Expect a large crowd tonight.....the Ex games always have been a big draw & the resale market is high for this one.

Smokecell
08-31-2022, 08:26 AM
^^^ Keep your cards close to your vest. Keep the enemy thinking. Don't make it easy for them. Preparing for Oso and MAK in the midfield is different from preparing for Nelson and Kerr ...

Ironically, Vanney had a blackbelt in doing exactly this.

Hala Hrvatska
08-31-2022, 09:01 AM
Both trained today but away from the main group. Molinaro has them as "questionable".

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1564664651333472257

If they didn`t train with the group, no chance they are starting tonight. And in Mak`s case, hasn`t played in what like months, so he's a no go to even contemplate starting.

I'd really love to know what exactly is his injury.

leedsandTFC
08-31-2022, 09:14 AM
Expect a large crowd tonight.....the Ex games always have been a big draw & the resale market is high for this one.

every game with insigne + berna gonna be 28K plus unless we start losing every week

jloome
08-31-2022, 09:36 AM
every game with insigne + berna gonna be 28K plus unless we start losing every week

Toronto also among the fastest-growing MLS reddit subs right now, despite having already been top 5 for a long time. Given how much online chatter that site represents it suggests they have moved the public’s attention needle significantly.

(Meanwhile, CPL attendance figures continue to plummet like a stone. When will football investors in this country learn you can’t do it on the cheap and expect Cadillac results? Modern audiences are sophisticated; leagues have to grow and improve quite quickly to be taken seriously. We barely move the needle and we’re already in the top league available to us. I’m not denying its overall value, but they’re running it into the ground, and possibly using Can NATS money to do it.)

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 10:42 AM
(Meanwhile, CPL attendance figures continue to plummet like a stone. When will football investors in this country learn you can’t do it on the cheap and expect Cadillac results?

CPL is following the path that early MLS followed. Unfortunately that ultra cheap direction led to a significant loss of audience after the first couple of years to very low levels and near bankruptcy in 2002. It took new Commissioner Don Garber to set a new path for MLS.

Hopefully now that the CPL has hired Don Garber's assistant as Commissioner they can better learn from MLS on how to make a league successful.

So... is everyone planning to applaud Vanney on his return?

SenorDingDong
08-31-2022, 11:29 AM
CPL is following the path that early MLS followed. Unfortunately that ultra cheap direction led to a significant loss of audience after the first couple of years to very low levels and near bankruptcy in 2002. It took new Commissioner Don Garber to set a new path for MLS.

Hopefully now that the CPL has hired Don Garber's assistant as Commissioner they can better learn from MLS on how to make a league successful.

So... is everyone planning to applaud Vanney on his return?

I'd applaud Vasquez if he comes on, loved that guy.

jloome
08-31-2022, 11:31 AM

IT will be effective if he can introduce investor confidence. I did a broad investigative piece into a launch in Canada but the story got spiked for political/financial reasons about two years before I left the Sun.

I interviewed investors left in the lurch by the Edmonton Aviators and the A-League and it was clear a number of regular players in the Canadian “minor pro” sports scene are shysters of the highest order.

It seems this time those involved at least got real money behind each of the teams, and those that fell into the scammy/operator category are mostly — mostly — gone as far as I can tell. But I don’t know what’s going on behind the scenes at the CPL. There do seem to be several areas of general incompetency, mostly in the vein of promotion and communication. But the on-field, sport-forward stuff is getting better each year.

So it’s really at that point where a strong central administrator needs to identify where individual franchises are falling down, call them out on it effectively without embarrassing anyone, and then bring in investors who recognize this could all explode in popularity post the World Cup and pre the one here.

Let’s face it: most pro teams in europe operate on sub 20,000 crowds, many sub 10,000. If a CPL could average 8-12,000 in small, soccer specific stadiums (they can be built quite cheaply compared to the bigger versions, ala Vancouver’s initial “temp” stadium that came in at $18-20 million. Think old-school rectangle stadiums, slope seating), and I think it can, it can also leverage some multi-level capital investment, including three levels of government, with the knowledge that out of season and in road lulls, they can serve the community as minor soccer showcase venues, training camp venues etc. Supporter group investment pools are also popular for euro sports — and it’s worth keeping in mind their array of professional team sports is actually far wider than in North America: handball, rugby, netball, cricket, etc.

The Edmonton NASL team was averaging more than 10,000 a game in the late 70s and early 80s. Its owners ran it into the ground and travel costs, with most of the destinations deep in the U.S., were apparently brutal. But that’s way less of an issue with domestic buses and flights.

And if we can get a proper first-division quality domestic league going, ala smaller Euro countries, MLS, larger central american countries, we can see that push for more capital improvement at a smaller level as well, in smaller cities and towns that could host second division teams.

History is not a limitation on future; if Luton and Darlington and Oxford can support pro teams and draw 5,000 to 10,000 plus per game, so can Red Deer, Lethbridge, The Okanagan, Mississauga, Laval, Moncton (hell, they could probably host a cpl team. Their local university pickup team beat Sunderland U23s last month), Charlottetown, St. John, Fredericton.

This country has a lot of issues with distance, population and travel. But one thing we do have in abundance is towns just big enough to support a junior hockey team. But that’s one season and football is growing.

jloome
08-31-2022, 11:47 AM
I'd applaud Vasquez if he comes on, loved that guy.

Great player, still. Less mobile but he gets in good positions anyway, so…

That Ricky Puig is a heck of a passer. Can’t give him any space.

leedsandTFC
08-31-2022, 12:23 PM
Toronto also among the fastest-growing MLS reddit subs right now, despite having already been top 5 for a long time. Given how much online chatter that site represents it suggests they have moved the public’s attention needle significantly.

(Meanwhile, CPL attendance figures continue to plummet like a stone. When will football investors in this country learn you can’t do it on the cheap and expect Cadillac results? Modern audiences are sophisticated; leagues have to grow and improve quite quickly to be taken seriously. We barely move the needle and we’re already in the top league available to us. I’m not denying its overall value, but they’re running it into the ground, and possibly using Can NATS money to do it.)

the interest in TFC is through the roof.

check out the MLS youtube highlights, always significantly more views on tfc vids than any other team apart from LAFC.

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 02:26 PM

Kerr is certainly out.

noxx98
08-31-2022, 02:43 PM
From the injury report for TFC:
OUT: Deandre Kerr (lower body)
QUESTIONABLE: Jonathan Osorio (upper body)
QUESTIONABLE: Mark-Anthony Kaye (lower body)

For LAG:
OUT: Jorge Villafaña (left knee)
OUT: Jonathan Perez (knee)
OUT: Mark Delgado (health & safety protocols)

Bummer that we won't be able to welcome Delgado back.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 03:25 PM
That sucks. Was hoping to see Delgado get a nice ovation tonight.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 03:59 PM
Seriously wtf happened to MAK

Gringo Starr
08-31-2022, 04:54 PM
What questionable CNE food option are people trying tonight-I’m thinking ketchup ice cream cause it’s red

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 06:06 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1565108083625541644?s=20&t=p7_bNvzXsN61nqQVGL9cgw

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 06:08 PM
I worry a lot about our midfield. Ayo and Jimenez are having a mid off at striker.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 06:11 PM
VV starts for LAG.

https://twitter.com/LAGalaxy/status/1565108553056038912?s=20&t=hc1KOzEpoP79x0Kv7sNRbw

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 06:18 PM
1 ex TFC starts, 1 on the bench - no sign of Zavs - as already indicated, Deglado out - looks like Covid.

We will see if Thompson can learn as much from being around Bernadeschi as Nelson is from Insigne.

Pre game show tonight

James17930
08-31-2022, 06:59 PM
I worry a lot about our midfield. Ayo and Jimenez are having a mid off at striker.

Yes, two kids.

But I like Kosi - I think he just needs to mature a bit and learn the game better. We'll see what he can do tonight.

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 06:59 PM
Their starting midfield vs. our starting midfield. Ooooof

Inklink
08-31-2022, 07:00 PM
Oh FFS is that Ted unkel???

Amir.
08-31-2022, 07:09 PM
insigne is playing central and nelson at left wing

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:09 PM
Nelson making two LAG players destroy each other was great.

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 07:10 PM
wow some actual great decisions with Nelson right now

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:10 PM
Caldwell giving Ayo credit for that "pass" off an awful touch is very nice of him.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:12 PM
Puig and Bradley battling in midfield is an intriguing matchup.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:16 PM
MLS has improved so much. Compare the technical ability and ball movement in 15 minutes tonight by both teams to a TFC/Galaxy game from 2012 or 2013.

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 07:20 PM
Victor Vazquez is less effective without an in form Giovinco to pass to.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:23 PM
We feel too loose defensively, not getting early pressure

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 07:24 PM
I just hate it when a defensive stupid mistake starts a cascade that leads to a goal against...

Richie hoofs a free kick to Mavinga who can't make a simple pass to Criscito

THAT is what caused that goal

Inklink
Nice strike but LMAO Bono is garbage

Oldtimer
Bono should have had that.

PaceyWinger
Man. So many blunders in succession.

jloome
Two feet inside the post. Jesus. There's that Bono depth perception again.

Bobo
08-31-2022, 07:25 PM
Was Bono covering any part of his goal there? Fucking hell.

MikeForbes
VV totally fooled Bono with his half run up.

RealG-TFC
Can't wait for us to get rid of Bono.

ag futbol
How can he be that far away from a shot that is that far off the corner? Really poor

Inklink
If Westberg is available he should start.

mowe
He got faked out by that Vasquez half step. Needs to be better at this level.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:26 PM
Was Bono covering any part of his goal there? Fucking hell.

He thought Victor was taking it. He is also garbage.

portu
08-31-2022, 07:26 PM
Take Bono off now what a joke

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 07:31 PM
They are squeezing the midfield - this is where we miss Osorio & Kaye's movement.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:31 PM
We're so over respecting this team.
la is technical but they don't move the ball quickly enough to deal with tight pressure

portu
08-31-2022, 07:32 PM
Akinola looks gassed already, is this pre season??

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:34 PM
They are squeezing the midfield - this is where we miss Osorio & Kaye's movement.

Puig is running the midfield right now. To be expected when he goes from facing the likes of Casemiro, Saul, Parejo and Fekir to Kosi Thompson.

SirBobSaget
08-31-2022, 07:35 PM
Should have made a move for Dayne St Clair when Minnesota had him as backup. TFC would have 10 more points at this stage.

portu
08-31-2022, 07:36 PM
Galaxy midfield is impressive.

This game is a test of Bradley’s ability to adapt. It can definitely be won.

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 07:36 PM
Should have made a move for Dayne St Clair when Minnesota had him as backup. TFC would have 10 more points at this stage.

Rumour was the Loons wanted close to a million in Garber bucks.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:39 PM
Same as last game, no energy in the first half, no cohesion.

What the hell? Where is the passion tonight? I'm not seeing it. Jayden is probably our best player so far.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 07:40 PM
This guy is such an inept ref

SirBobSaget
08-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Rumour was the Loons wanted close to a million in Garber bucks.

Would have been a better investment (in hindsight) over spending that amount on Kaye. GK position would be settled for years on a 300k cap hit. Now they are getting league worst for 800k

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 07:41 PM
Somebody has to try and make something happen here. This just isn’t good enough.

Feel like I’m going to write this every game until we sign a real striker but Akinola is awful

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:42 PM
Giving Ayo that u-22 spot coming off an ACL tear was an awful decision. I will forever stand by that take.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:47 PM
Well Bernie is having one shit game so far.

SirBobSaget
08-31-2022, 07:48 PM
Is Akinola ever not offside?

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 07:49 PM
Something about this team & midweek games - they just can't seem to handle things - like they need more time in between to mentally settle.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 07:50 PM
Is Akinola ever not offside?

You would need to actually work to stay onside.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:50 PM
Giving Ayo that u-22 spot coming off an ACL tear was an awful decision. I will forever stand by that take.
Oh yeah, idiotic so far. He had one good run of transition-style goals and otherwise doesn't look close to quick or clever enough.
might as well have a board out there, at least
the other goalie might hit it accidentally

NK Toronto
08-31-2022, 07:53 PM
We are not playing worse than LA, except for goalkeeping. Field looks terrible. All for a CFL team nobody cares about.

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 07:54 PM
Their starting midfield vs. our starting midfield. Ooooof

Yeah, and a stone cold striker… can’t really expect a win.

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 07:55 PM
So Montreal gets the in-studio team tonight and we get these guys? Uggh

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 07:56 PM
MLS has improved so much. Compare the technical ability and ball movement in 15 minutes tonight by both teams to a TFC/Galaxy game from 2012 or 2013.

I’ve been amazed by this all match.

jloome
08-31-2022, 07:56 PM
We are not playing worse than LA, except for goalkeeping. Field looks terrible. All for a CFL team nobody cares about.
To be fair both teams do look like shit so far.

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 07:59 PM
In studio team now ripping on Bono lol

OgtheDim
08-31-2022, 07:59 PM
Its nice of TFC to play 2015 style Vanney ball with the ball going back & forth across the back only to go nowhere but enough of the tribute lads....

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 08:00 PM
So Montreal gets the in-studio team tonight and we get these guys? Uggh

Based on standings, Montreal deserves it.

Loyal
Caldwell in that tight suit looks like an enforcer in a Guy Ritchie movie!

los sonadores
We're so over respecting this team.
la is technical but they don't move the ball quickly enough to deal with tight pressure

And we don’t really do tight pressure. Not in a way adequate to their midfield. Maybe with Oso and MAK we might.

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 08:02 PM
Well Bernie is having one shit game so far.

Really poor

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:04 PM
In studio team now ripping on Bono lol

Funny how that happens and our print media will refuse to even ask Bob about that goal. Never seen a player so protected.

ag futbol
Based on standings, Montreal deserves it.
Fair

portu
I’ve been amazed by this all match.

I remember when it was shocking to ever see a CB play with the ball in this league.

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:06 PM
Bradley looks like he needs a rest. Not terribly sharp tonight. But who else is available? Nobody

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:07 PM
I feel a comeback!

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:07 PM
Not at all his biggest fan, but Okello can make an impact coming into the midfield.

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:08 PM
Kosi Thompson is a nice kid but after a glimmer of hope earlier on the year, I’ve seen nothing to suggest he shouldn’t be down with TFC2

portu
08-31-2022, 08:10 PM
Looking like a team of semi-pros and the DPs are one footed

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:10 PM
Did McNaughton even know the flag went up?

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:12 PM
What the the hell is this about? Whoever flagged that VAR review should be fired

portu
08-31-2022, 08:12 PM
Joke league

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:13 PM
Ugh. Reminds me of Kaku launching a ball at a fan out of frustration.

SirBobSaget
At least Unkel has some sense, who the hell is on VAR? That guy is out of his mind!!

portu
I’d say we can drop one match of all the remaining and you don’t want it to be this one

rydermike
08-31-2022, 08:14 PM
Insigne should've taken a shot. Bernie was well offside

Edit:alot closer than I thought

MikeForbes
Good on Unkle. Also get Lukas out of the game now. He is obviously rattled.

Inklink
lol come on

portu
08-31-2022, 08:15 PM
Backline shambles I’d say take Mavinga off

tfcfans
08-31-2022, 08:16 PM
We’ve been sleepwalking through most of this one and deserve to be losing frankly....how many real chances have we had considering we are at home and desperately need a win - no sense of urgency that I can see.....yet....

and then Jesus arrived....

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:17 PM
No yellow there????

portu
Thought that was red even

James17930
That didn't look off!

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:18 PM
JJ and Okello on. Ayo and Kosi off.

ag futbol
Why are we bringing in Achara?

Inklink
That was a pure retaliation tackle

MikeForbes

Because our bench is awful.

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:19 PM
And man, the pitch looks like a cow patch.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:20 PM
And man, the pitch looks like a cow patch.

The CFL should be abolished.

rydermike
Jesus!

los sonadores
about time for the changes

Inklink
Jimmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

portu
08-31-2022, 08:21 PM
Tam striker baby

ag futbol
Yes!! Hopefully he gets some confidence back here

jloome

Pressure.

Jesus rises from the dead.

tfcfans
Jesus did he (and we) need that goal !

SirBobSaget
April Jimenez is back!

los sonadores
jesus, a goal!

rydermike
Jimenez is going to get another tonight. The monkey is off his back

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:22 PM
Jesus is King!

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 08:22 PM
BB changes really paid off.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:23 PM
Insigne is also playing midfield currently. Very interesting.

jloome
08-31-2022, 08:24 PM
Lukas has to stop showboating. Two games in a row.

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:24 PM
The CFL should be abolished.

No, more like the Argos need their own stadium.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:25 PM
Criscito was wide open on that Insigne attempt.

jloome
Insigne is also playing midfield currently. Very interesting.

he was playing rotationally with Nelson in the first half but seems to be more inside now.

Inklink
They should play in Hershey Sportszone or something (Maybe it's called Paramount now).

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:26 PM
Lukas has to stop showboating. Two games in a row.

He gone now. What O'Neill does tonight will probably decide if he starts Sunday.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:27 PM

Relocate them to Halifax or Moncton. Both places will care and support the Argos.

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:32 PM
Relocate them to Halifax or Moncton. Both places will care and support the Argos.

That's a decent idea too.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:32 PM
LMAO what a flop. Disgraceful CONCACAF bullshit from the Mexican

Laryea is pretty stupid for grabbing the arm too

wopchop
08-31-2022, 08:34 PM
Chicharito is such a wanker.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:36 PM
Insigne's defensive work is great. He did that for Napoli, I didn't know if he would do that for TFC.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:38 PM
Some brutal turnovers.

rydermike
08-31-2022, 08:38 PM
Penalty!

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:39 PM
Penalty!

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:39 PM
Too bad it had to be Edwards. Press working well.

I take back my Achara comment. He’s been active.

rydermike
08-31-2022, 08:40 PM
Bernie automatic

Inklink
Berna FOOKIN RIGHT!!!!

portu
God bless Italy

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:41 PM
Raheem Edwards still TFC at heart.

tfcfans
Wow....still alive....

Oldtimer
Bernardeschi really is the most impactful player we have.

MikeForbes
Easy fucking money from Bernie! Let's go!

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:42 PM
Let’s do this!!’ Huge momentum boost if we hold on

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:44 PM
LFG!!!

Yuushalinsky
AMAZING AMAZING

There's been a LOT of improvement from the effort in general and it's showing in terms of both 'fortunate' bounces and leaders walking the walk on defensive work rate

jloome
Somethings wrong with my eyesight. Bono put a ball back into play sensibly instead
of booting it out

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:45 PM
Lorenzo's been less sharp. Need a sure pass there.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:46 PM
Bernie is so good. He didn't do anything for 79 minutes, got a touch, drew a penalty and buried it. That is what a star can do in this league.

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 08:46 PM
Bernie is so good. He didn't do anything for 79 minutes, got a touch, drew a penalty and buried it. That is what a star can do in this league.

I need the Berna 23/24 kit like today

James17930
08-31-2022, 08:47 PM
I still feel Okello's size is wasted in midfield. He should either be a defender or a striker.

rydermike
08-31-2022, 08:48 PM
That was a great shot. Damn

los sonadores
talent

Inklink
hahahhhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha hhhaha

portu
Garbage defending

Oldtimer
Bad positioning by Bono

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:49 PM
Uggh that’s tough

ag futbol
08-31-2022, 08:50 PM
Bad positioning by Bono
Primary issue there is midfield being outrun. Can’t let him barrel through between the lines like that

jloome
O'Neill had to get a foot on it, prevent a clean shot. Ironically mCnaughton might've reached it. But can't fault the switch and it was very well taken.

portu
The bright side is our issues are obvious, the shit side is our issues have been obvious for ages.

MikeForbes
DPs run this league. You can cry about academies and giving young players minutes, but guys like Bernie and Puig make all the difference.

tfcfans
That may have ended the season - huge difference between 34 and 36 points right now.....can’t throw away points at home at this point of the season. To be fair, it’s hard to say we “deserved” the three points tonight....

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 08:51 PM
that lead was looking pretty tenuous anyway

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:52 PM
Also, Puig's first name is now Ricky according to Wileman.

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 08:53 PM
That may have ended the season - huge difference between 34 and 36 points right now.....can’t throw away points at home at this point of the season. To be fair, it’s hard to say we “deserved” the three points tonight....

there have been a lot of points we didn't deserve early, and lots we lost but did in the middle - this makes playoffs really hard but I'm not going to complain TOO much.

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 08:54 PM
Primary issue there is midfield being outrun. Can’t let him barrel through between the lines like that

True. Still bad positioning by Bono.

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 08:55 PM

get that shoppiing list out we've got a lot to buy - that midfield depth...

ag futbol
LI not very good today.

portu
We live and die by the Italians

wopchop
08-31-2022, 08:56 PM
Those are the challenges of the Mavinga of old. Good to see.

I think with a win tonight playoffs would have been possible, but really hard to see that happening now. Miami, Cincinnati, NE, Atlanta & Charlotte all have games in hand.

jloome
08-31-2022, 08:56 PM
Damn. Feels like we lost two points there.

Inklink
08-31-2022, 08:57 PM
We live and die by the Italians
And always die by the Bono

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 08:57 PM
A tie isn't too bad in the end, but still should have won.

MikeForbes
08-31-2022, 08:59 PM
Drawing at home after leading always feels like a loss.

jloome
08-31-2022, 08:59 PM
Pretty even game. LI trying to force too much today.

jj breaks his cold snap so that's a positive. Still time to do it.

James17930
08-31-2022, 09:00 PM
Exciting game, but yeah. What a gut punch.

notthesun
08-31-2022, 09:01 PM
We weren't great - did we deserve to win, probably not.

But fuck me it's more points dropped in large part because of Bono. I'm losing track of the wins he's turned into draws and the draws into losses. He's literally gifting a goal a game. He's giving Warren Creavalle a run for his money compared to that time we trotted him out at RB and he was directly responsible for a goal against in like 5 games running.

Bob, put Westberg back in, he can't possibly be worse.

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 09:02 PM
I'll take a good match but damn

just a lot of points dropped even at 4-1-3, could feasibly be 5-0-3 or even 6-0-2

Yuushalinsky
08-31-2022, 09:03 PM
We weren't great - did we deserve to win, probably not.

But fuck me it's more points dropped in large part because of Bono. I'm losing track of the wins he's turned into draws and the draws into losses. He's literally gifting a goal a game. He's giving Warren Creavalle a run for his money compared to that time we trotted him out at RB and he was directly responsible for a goal against in like 5 games running.

Bob, put Westberg back in, he can't possibly be worse.

At this point, replace the entire fuckin' GK room.

Nelson's brain farts are getting less and less common and I'm starting to turn on him. We still need a couple defenders and a heir apparent to Bradley, along with ANY depth midfield, but I'm starting to see the team

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 09:04 PM
Crazy match.

It was pleasure to see VV play again in the real.

We needed our best eleven quite a few games ago to make the playoffs. Hope Bradley is going to be active and smart in his acquisitions, we still need a lot.

los sonadores
08-31-2022, 09:06 PM
Bono has been not good for a long time but this is too much. It’s a relief when he makes a save.

NK Toronto
08-31-2022, 09:07 PM
Overall a fair result based on play. Bono could do nothing on that last goal. Would have liked to beat Vanney. Never a fan of his. Hoping LA misses the playoffs and he gets fired.

PawTar711
08-31-2022, 09:09 PM
:flare::scarf::drum:Although a tie, we could of said that we would of won with the two italians willing to play to each other. If we could of worked a bit harder, you would have to notice that we need to not let opponents get through us but this is uncharacteristical of Bradley. Hence, if these routes that people go on and stuff depict where we should be, its almost like we aren't out of the playoff picture but its imperative ethat we know where we stand. Thats why when I think shooting the ball is a good idea, you would argue that a tie may not be abismall given the fact ongoing points is what you would want.

- braley- works hard, but obiously stayed too long with the guy that was able to shoot.
- isnigne, - a bit of passes were off and shots were off but passes to Bernadeschi were good
- bernadeschie- i would shsoot more, but was given a penalty..
- other than that the roster plays well

stevep
08-31-2022, 09:10 PM
Season over. Now I’m calling it. They won’t get to 46 points

Oldtimer
08-31-2022, 09:41 PM
Season over. Now I’m calling it. They won’t get to 46 points

I called it weeks ago. People should just enjoy having a competitive team again. Realistically though, other teams have games in hand, we have almost zero depth, and we have some obvious weak positions. So no, we never were going to get in.

Really enjoy seeing some of the neat plays some of our players are doing. Also liked BB's subs, they were the ideal choices. 2023 should be bright.

portu
08-31-2022, 10:03 PM
I called it weeks ago. People should just enjoy having a competitive team again. Realistically though, other teams have games in hand, we have almost zero depth, and we have some obvious weak positions. So no, we never were going to get in.

Really enjoy seeing some of the neat plays some of our players are doing. Also liked BB's subs, they were the ideal choices. 2023 should be bright.

I’ll hold out hope til it’s over. We’re really not that far off the mark, all it takes a little bit of luck and no Bono in goal.

Amir.
08-31-2022, 10:15 PM
would have to win all five remaining games...not happening...just sit back relax enjoy the rest of the season and the rebuild for 23

stevep
08-31-2022, 10:15 PM
LI not very good today.
no he wasn’t. I’m exactly not sure what I think of
him. But one thing is for sure he is definitely not
il magnifico
he should definitely not be called to as Il magnifico

barticusz
08-31-2022, 10:40 PM
Listening into the post game interview with BB. Normally I don't mind Mike Singh but man his questions are such a waste of time.

1. Does that goal by Jimenez help with his confidence? 2. Does that loss mean that the team has lost some belief in their ability to make the playoffs?

If I was BB I wouldn't even give time to answering these questions, everyone already knows what the answers are.

Smokecell
08-31-2022, 10:41 PM
Orlando and Columbus are virtually untouchable now. Those points Bono cost us in Miami are underlined tonight.

stevep
08-31-2022, 10:44 PM
first goal has an expected probability of goal of 1.5%
second goal had an expected probability of scoring of around 3%

watch goals at 0.25 speed on YouTube there’s no need to dive on either goal

ensco
08-31-2022, 10:50 PM
Time to focus on some other priorities.

Try out the TFC2 GK. Let's see what he has got.

More minutes for Okello.

A bunch of CMNT stuff: Oso and MAK mgmt/rehab handed over 100% to Herdman. Henry in for MacNaughton. (Time to do some business for Herdman, so that you have some chips to play next year when negotiating callups etc with CMNT).

jloome
08-31-2022, 11:38 PM

More minutes for Okello.

A bunch of CMNT stuff: Oso and MAK mgmt/rehab handed over 100% to Herdman. Henry in for MacNaughton. (Time to do some business for Herdman, so that you have some chips to play next year when negotiating callups etc with CMNT).

Take a miracle to make it now. Cincy has the inside lane, as they have two games in hand and such luminaries as Charlotte and Chicago ahead of them.

If they go 3-4 and we win out, we might pip them on goal difference.

We have Montreal and Philly in our last five, eek.

los sonadores
09-01-2022, 12:12 AM
no he wasn’t. I’m exactly not sure what I think of
him. But one thing is for sure he is definitely not
il magnifico
he should definitely not be called to as Il magnifico

I thought he had a good second half. He brought some energy and possibility which we sorely needed. I think he’ll be better overall next season. And I look forward to him playing with better players… Kosi Thompson, Nelson, Okello and Achara… not that one or two of them don’t show promise but I think winning in MLS needs more these days and you shouldn’t spend 15 million per year on a player to play him in a too close to division 3 midfield.

los sonadores
09-01-2022, 12:19 AM

More minutes for Okello.

Really seems Bradley doesn’t rate Henry. I think we could use him, O’Neil has been pretty underwhelming.

SirBobSaget
09-01-2022, 12:52 AM
Really seems Bradley doesn’t rate Henry. I think we could use him, O’Neil has been pretty underwhelming.

He would feast on exceptional corners.

los sonadores
09-01-2022, 01:48 AM
He would feast on exceptional corners.

I could also see him stepping up properly on that Puig goal.

ag futbol
09-01-2022, 07:26 AM
Doniel Henry is good for at least one big mistake every game. Has been his whole career. It’s basically putting a second Alex Bono on the field. We are not going to fix him or prepare him in the few games we have left.

I know everyone thinks Herman is a loyal guy and every one consistently called is going to be rewarded with a WC spot. But I would be shocked if he wasn’t a bit more pragmatic and considering club form when rounding out the roster.

TheSloanRanger
09-01-2022, 07:28 AM
just watched highlights .. at the time I tipped my hat to a great free kick, but looking back at it Bono has to do better. Thats closer to the middle of the net than it is the corner ... how many points has he cost us ... infuriating really

ensco
09-01-2022, 07:39 AM
Doniel Henry is good for at least one big mistake every game. Has been his whole career. It’s basically putting a second Alex Bono on the field. We are not going to fix him or prepare him in the few games we have left.

I know everyone thinks Herman is a loyal guy and every one consistently called is going to be rewarded with a WC spot. But I would be shocked if he wasn’t a bit more pragmatic and considering club form when rounding out the roster.

He is not perfect. I know he is a polarizing figure. I damn near had an aneurism during the Iceteca, until Doneil came out….

BUT

His resume is no small thing. He started and played in several important games in the qualifying run, and generally did really well. He went 90 for sure in the draw in Nashville and was really good in that game. He also went 90 in at least one of the El Salvador or Honduras away games.

To me, he is going to Qatar regardless, and I doubt Herdman is spending any time thinking about it. Other than the fact that Doneil is going to pick up yellows so he will need cover for him. But with 26 man rosters, this is OK, I could argue it's even strategic to include guys who are prone to cards.

If Bob is smart, he does the right thing, both for now and for 2023, and starts playing him now, at least 50% of available minutes anyway.

(Both he and Cavs suffer from a taint relating to being bruisers that I personally find weird. These types of players can be effective. I personally think Henry is going to start against Belgium, solely because of his physicality, and the Lukaku problem…)

Gringo Starr
09-01-2022, 09:12 AM
Take a miracle to make it now. Cincy has the inside lane, as they have two games in hand and such luminaries as Charlotte and Chicago ahead of them.

If they go 3-4 and we win out, we might pip them on goal difference.

We have Montreal and Philly in our last five, eek.

It does look like it is there for Cindy to take but none of the teams in this race have so far seized their opening so there is always a chance. 2 points back with 5 to play