PDA

View Full Version : Other Midweek MLS games – Aug 2-3

613reppingTFC
08-02-2022, 10:06 AM
With so many results going our way on the weekend we cannot expect that to continue the rest of the season. If you are hoping we make playoffs then scoreboard watching is what you'll be doing. Here are the 6 midweek games happening this week:

Tuesday, August 2:

Colorado @ Red Bulls – 7:30pm – Colorado should be well rested with over a week off. Meanwhile Red Bulls were off from league play on the weekend however they faced Barcelona in a friendly on Saturday.

Dallas @ Seattle – 10:00pm – I don't know the accuracy of this but, how often can we say Dallas is in a playoff spot and Seattle isn't as they are 6 points up on them. Seattle should be heavily favoured to win.

Wednesday, August 3:

D.C. @ Charlotte – 7pm - D.C did us a favour on the weekend beating Orlando in our playoff race. Could they do it here again, they would jump us in the standings. Hopefully it wouldn't start a good run of games, but in the short term a D.C win could be good for us.

Montreal @ Columbus – 7:30pm on TSN – If it's a result in our favour we are probably looking at Columbus to lose here, they don't ship many goals though being 2nd in the league for goals against with only 22.

Nashville @ Portland -10:30pm – Nashville hasn't been scoring all that much, only two games since June 11 with more than 1 goal. Meanwhile Portland in that same amount of time have scored 18 goals.

Miami @ San Jose – 10:30pm – Neither team really going on a tear, I suspect the game could go either way since they both played on the weekend. Higuain proving he can still put the ball in the back of the net, and once Poz and him get more games and chemistry they could prove to be lethal. Ideally for our playoff hopes to stay alive let's hope San Jose has a strong performance.

Trying a test to see if I can get the table linked in the post, Seems I can only get it in an attachment at the bottom, hopefully it shows up.
Table is from August 2nd before any matches.

noxx98
08-03-2022, 10:30 PM
Montreal does us a favour and gets a late win against Columbus. Charlotte beat DC however.
Need Miami to lose tonight as well.

Lil'John
08-03-2022, 11:20 PM
Montreal does us a favour and gets a late win against Columbus. Charlotte beat DC however.
Need Miami to lose tonight as well.

Yeah. Great game by Impact versus the Crew. Very good for us.
Miami were winning when I last saw...

Yohan
08-09-2022, 03:15 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sh9VFblyF1E&ab_channel=MajorLeagueSoccer

Record number of goals in a weekend for MLS