PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 23 - TFC @ NER - Sat July 30 8:08pm Honey, don't I know ya?

OgtheDim
07-27-2022, 06:31 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wn27g_eKP5I

Have at It People

OgtheDim
07-27-2022, 09:42 PM
For those of you wondering how prep for this would occur given the trip to Vancouver

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1552377194508423168

Overnight charter back into town arrived early Wednesday morning.

MikeForbes
07-27-2022, 10:30 PM
Jozy has been absolutely abysmal for the Revs for those still upset we bought him out.

Mr. Inbetween
07-27-2022, 11:14 PM
For those of you wondering how prep for this would occur given the trip to Vancouver

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1552377194508423168

Overnight charter back into town arrived early Wednesday morning.

Hey OtD, just curious...
You wouldn't happen to know a workaround to track, get the travel history of, MLSE Private Jet N512JK?
I think they may have requested a block on any geo-locating since Kawhai?

James17930
07-27-2022, 11:46 PM
Oh man, this is probably the most brutal place we could have to play after having a mid-week game in Vancouver.

I still think we can make a push for the playoffs, so we should go all out to try to win every game, but ... this game, I'm thinking maybe rest the Italians and bunker like hell to try to get a 0-0.

MikeForbes
07-28-2022, 12:35 AM
We absolutely gotta win this game. I don't think either Insigne or Bernardeschi start though due to playing two straight games on garbage turf. Gonna need Jesus or Ayo to step up and score atleast a single goal before half.

OgtheDim
07-28-2022, 06:18 AM
Hey OtD, just curious...
You wouldn't happen to know a workaround to track, get the travel history of, MLSE Private Jet N512JK?
I think they may have requested a block on any geo-locating since Kawhai?

Can't help you on that one - private flight information geo blocks pretty much keeps this info within government records based on provided flight plans & air traffic control - that database is considered a national security matter for most countries.

ronzilla
07-28-2022, 07:19 AM
Start Bernardeschi and bring Insigne on in the 60th minute.

Yuushalinsky
07-28-2022, 08:41 AM
Start Bernardeschi and bring Insigne on in the 60th minute.

If we're OK with bringing Akinola on at the half to rest Bernie, this is the way

Ultra & Proud
07-28-2022, 09:01 AM
LI & Bernie probably just getting over having to run around on that pile of recycled trash bags Vancouver calls a pitch and now they have to walk into Foxborough. I feel sorry for them.

noxx98
07-28-2022, 10:24 AM
New England look to be missing an old friend...
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1552670557224804356

OgtheDim
07-28-2022, 12:53 PM
He started last week - probably his goal all along is this move. All power to him.

Mr. Inbetween
07-28-2022, 01:48 PM
Can't help you on that one - private flight information geo blocks pretty much keeps this info within government records based on provided flight plans & air traffic control - that database is considered a national security matter for most countries.

Thanks! :(

Gogon
07-28-2022, 01:58 PM

This guy knows how to do it:
https://twitter.com/SteffanWatkins

He just launched this twitter account - https://twitter.com/RCAF_VIP
It tracks the PM's Challenger jet. He did this in response to the PMO requesting the same info block.
Seems he's working with this guy - https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney who runs the @elonjet twitter account much to Musk's chagrin.

Mr. Inbetween
07-28-2022, 02:05 PM
This guy knows how to do it:
https://twitter.com/SteffanWatkins

He just launched this twitter account - https://twitter.com/RCAF_VIP
It tracks the PM's Challenger jet. He did this in response to the PMO requesting the same info block.
Seems he's working with this guy - https://twitter.com/JxckSweeney who runs the @elonjet twitter account much to Musk's chagrin.

Thought so.
Technology...
Somewhere, somehow...
There always seems a way!
Thanks Gogon.

jloome
07-28-2022, 02:10 PM
He started last week - probably his goal all along is this move. All power to him.

they signed a former Juve youth who scored 23 goals in Austria on loan.

ronzilla
07-28-2022, 05:18 PM
If we're OK with bringing Akinola on at the half to rest Bernie, this is the way

Bern will be good to go for the entire 90 minutes. Even if akinola is subbed in, TFC will be sitting on a comfortable lead.

PawTar711
07-28-2022, 05:29 PM
I think we need to win this game too. I hope we are getting as much help as possible from ouot designated players. I haven't been out to a game in a while, hope to do so. If we can find a win like with the start and our two italian designated players, it's almost like a new start to the season when there are a number of games left. So it's like we need them to do well from the get go, which occured. hopefully by getting out, it will be common place to win which is to be cherised because of the length of time in between games to prepare and make common good for the next one. :scarf::flare::drum::canada::scarf:

Richard
07-28-2022, 06:30 PM
LI & Bernie probably just getting over having to run around on that pile of recycled trash bags Vancouver calls a pitch and now they have to walk into Foxborough. I feel sorry for them.

If Foxborough was good enough for the Patriots and Tom Brady it should be good enough for MLS. Lol. What do I know. :noidea:

We should go 3-4-3. grab a lead, sub Insigne/Berna at half, go with 4-5 CB's and park the bus.

Ultra & Proud
07-28-2022, 07:40 PM
If Foxborough was good enough for the Patriots and Tom Brady it should be good enough for MLS. Lol. What do I know. :noidea:

We should go 3-4-3. grab a lead, sub Insigne/Berna at half, go with 4-5 CB's and park the bus.

I never fully understood why American football players prefer turf unless it's because they get a better shoe grip so they can make sharper cuts. Less slipping or divots I guess. All I know is that I've played shitilly on both and the turf killed me.

jloome
07-28-2022, 10:18 PM
I never fully understood why American football players prefer turf unless it's because they get a better shoe grip so they can make sharper cuts. Less slipping or divots I guess. All I know is that I've played shitilly on both and the turf killed me.

It's a stop-start sport with several players having a relatively limited range of movement, would be my guess. Whereas a field gets churned up. In the early astroturf-in-concrete days they hated it.

Ultra & Proud
07-29-2022, 06:58 AM
It's a stop-start sport with several players having a relatively limited range of movement, would be my guess. Whereas a field gets churned up. In the early astroturf-in-concrete days they hated it.

Makes sense. They don't end up doing 7 to 10km on it during their games.

I just wish they could get it out of MLS. It's not right that most of league goes "Oh f**k, turf this weekend" when looking at the schedule.

Mr. Inbetween
07-29-2022, 09:32 AM
I hope BB fields the 'strongest' team possible for this game.
I am leaning into the 'every game is a must win' chorus; despite turf considerations.
I get the arguments about round holes, square pegs; Mister's tactical rigidity.
Still, others point out that absurdity or hypocriticality in the use of Kosi or Jayden.
So, I believe if BB had done so in the CC, we may have won.
I suspect MAK's non-presence was key; filled by JN unfortunately.
A little 'out of the box' thinking or practicality might be warranted moving forward.
BB is a pragmatist at times. I trust he can be for this upcoming match; maybe surprise us.

I'm thinking...
If BB had started DH @ RB or shifted SO over to that position and put DH @ RCB,
and
If BB had started CM as MAK's sub or depending... had slotted him in for MB as the center 6 and shifted MB out right with JO as the flanking 8's?
I suspect that would have been an entirely different match.
Perhaps we would have lead in the first half and likely won the game instead.

I trust MAK is back?
Otherwise, I want BB to get 'realistic' with the situation.
If the consensus is 'the kids' are leaving us wanting, why not mix it up for a bit and give a starting and full try to 'the experienced'.

jloome
07-29-2022, 11:15 AM
I hope BB fields the 'strongest' team possible for this game.
I am leaning into the 'every game is a must win' chorus; despite turf considerations.
I get the arguments about round holes, square pegs; Mister's tactical rigidity.
Still, others point out that absurdity or hypocriticality in the use of Kosi or Jayden.
So, I believe if BB had done so in the CC, we may have won.
I suspect MAK's non-presence was key; filled by JN unfortunately.
A little 'out of the box' thinking or practicality might be warranted moving forward.
BB is a pragmatist at times. I trust he can be for this upcoming match; maybe surprise us.

I'm thinking...
If BB had started DH @ RB or shifted SO over to that position and put DH @ RCB,
and
If BB had started CM as MAK's sub or depending... had slotted him in for MB as the center 6 and shifted MB out right with JO as the flanking 8's?
I suspect that would have been an entirely different match.
Perhaps we would have lead in the first half and likely won the game instead.

I trust MAK is back?
Otherwise, I want BB to get 'realistic' with the situation.
If the consensus is 'the kids' are leaving us wanting, why not mix it up for a bit and give a starting and full try to 'the experienced'.

I just want to see players playing positions in which they’re properly trained. this notion that a left winger can just play central midfield is insane. At game speed, there’s too much that needs to be automatic and clearly isn’t.

The better Mlsnext prospects like Themi Antonoglu and Kobe Franklin are surely learning the same system. Franklin is probably MLS ready or close.

At worst with Franklin at right back we could use Kosi Thompson in what appears to be his more natural right midfield role as the third option behind Kaye and Okello.

Mr. Inbetween
07-29-2022, 11:35 AM
I just want to see players playing positions in which they’re properly trained. this notion that a left winger can just play central midfield is insane. At game speed, there’s too much that needs to be automatic and clearly isn’t.

The better Mlsnext prospects like Themi Antonoglu and Kobe Franklin are surely learning the same system. Franklin is probably MLS ready or close.

At worst with Franklin at right back we could use Kosi Thompson in what appears to be his more natural right midfield role as the third option behind Kaye and Okello.

You are correct and I am in agreement; philosophically and in more ideal situations.
Surely, for whatever reason/s, there has been an assessment by BB against Themi and Kobe inclusions?
I guess the point I am trying to make may be more esoteric in nature; that in the kind of a 'depth jam' we are undergoing that perhaps 'significant veteran play experience' supersedes 'non positional kids' and may upstage 'positional yet much less experienced kids' as one offs.
I realize this may not be the best of a sliding scale argument.

Bushmancan
07-29-2022, 11:45 AM
We need the right people and some depth, hopefully Mak is back, i do have to say he moved the ball quickly and found open spaces.

I am harsh on Nelson but actually like him, we may be doing him more of a disservice than growing him. He reminds me of someone going at 120% all the time if we could only slow him dow to 90% with spurts of 125% and see him take defenders on at pace…

He is not a defender, nor a CM, make him Insigne’s protege, (clearly Shaf is out of favour). That type of energy late in games might be awesome.

Kamp Berg
07-29-2022, 11:47 AM

You are correct and I am in agreement; philosophically and in more ideal situations.
Surely, for whatever reason/s, there has been an assessment by BB against Themi and Kobe inclusions?
I guess the point I am trying to make may be more esoteric in nature; that in the kind of a 'depth jam' we are undergoing that perhaps 'significant veteran play experience' supersedes 'non positional kids' and may upstage 'positional yet much less experienced kids' as one offs.
I realize this may not be the best of a sliding scale argument.

When MAK(or one of the other CM’s) isn’t available, I’d like to see a 4-4-2 with JJ and Ayo up front, and Insigne and Berna as the wingers. That would leave Kosi as the only kid that has to play. Maybe even switch him out for JMR sometimes. Unless they pick up an real RB, of course.
No sliding over CB’s to play out of position please!

portu
07-29-2022, 01:15 PM
Every game is must win and the team needs to be played like that.

If you are tactically inflexible in this league you get fucked. Put your best players on the pitch in a manner that sets them up to succeed.

If you only have two CMs don’t play a 4-3-3.

We didn’t see that in Vancouver and we should have.

Bob Bradley is now on the clock (and I’m a fan of him).

leedsandTFC
07-29-2022, 01:49 PM
ayo jj
LI MB JO FB
DC SON LM KT
AB

agree that this would be the best lineup if kaye isn't good to go.

JJ can drop into mid to link up play too.

Mr. Inbetween
07-29-2022, 01:52 PM
When MAK(or one of the other CM’s) isn’t available, I’d like to see a 4-4-2 with JJ and Ayo up front, and Insigne and Berna as the wingers. That would leave Kosi as the only kid that has to play. Maybe even switch him out for JMR sometimes. Unless they pick up an real RB, of course.
No sliding over CB’s to play out of position please!

Every game is must win and the team needs to be played like that.

If you are tactically inflexible in this league you get fucked. Put your best players on the pitch in a manner that sets them up to succeed.

If you only have two CMs don’t play a 4-3-3.

We didn’t see that in Vancouver and we should have.

Bob Bradley is now on the clock (and I’m a fan of him).

To clarify, my argument was a construct within the Mister's formational rigidity of a 4-3-3.
I wouldn't mind seeing the 4-4-2 mentioned if MAK is out; give it a go.
Ditto about BB. He has to show us something more.
With a wealth by years of experience, he should have a tactical trick or two up his sleeve.

OgtheDim
07-29-2022, 02:26 PM
Jozy confirmed gone for this game.

The only guy with a possible grudge now is Omar.

Well, apart from Arena who seems annoyed at the world in general

Kamp Berg
07-29-2022, 02:26 PM
To clarify, my argument was a construct within the Mister's formational rigidity of a 4-3-3.
I wouldn't mind seeing the 4-4-2 mentioned if MAK is out; give it a go.
Ditto about BB. He has to show us something more.
With a wealth by years of experience, he should have a tactical trick or two up his sleeve.

I checked on whoscored and we’ve played a 4-3-3 six times, 3-4-2-1 six times, 4-4-2 five times, 4-2-3-1 four times, and a 3-4-3 once. Some of that was experimenting with how to fit in Poz, but the rest looks like some level of pragmatism.
As far as BB goes, I’m reserving my judgement until he’s done his major moves and is at the tinkering stage.

Mr. Inbetween
07-29-2022, 05:44 PM
I checked on whoscored and we’ve played a 4-3-3 six times, 3-4-2-1 six times, 4-4-2 five times, 4-2-3-1 four times, and a 3-4-3 once. Some of that was experimenting with how to fit in Poz, but the rest looks like some level of pragmatism.
As far as BB goes, I’m reserving my judgement until he’s done his major moves and is at the tinkering stage.

Understand about BB.
Agree with your match formation data.
Again, my suggestion was within a context construct of Mister hell bent on playing only a 4-3-3.
Given the information you outline, the suggestion is he is more pragmatic then some may believe.
His history suggests this; I believed/believe this.
IIUC, the 4-4-2 occurred in a consecutive stretch between TFC games 15 to 19; 1W - 3L - 1D.
For those starts, POZ was set up mostly on the R-MID yet had free range.
The CB's were mostly starts between CS, CM and SO.
QW as GK with JO and MB as C-MIDS started the win and tie.
The only other time they started together in that stretch... they lost; therefore a 1-1-1 record.
DC started the last game on that run; the tie
KT, LP, AA and JJ started in all or the rest in their BB expected positions.
With LI and FB on the MID flanks we should perform better.

James17930
07-29-2022, 06:37 PM
Jozy confirmed gone for this game.

The only guy with a possible grudge now is Omar.

Well, apart from Arena who seems annoyed at the world in general

That's fine. Omar having a grudge doesn't worry me.

stevep
07-29-2022, 06:56 PM
https://www.on.bet365.ca/#/AC/B1/C172/D1/E70542013/F2!/AS/B1/

MikeForbes
07-29-2022, 06:59 PM
That's fine. Omar having a grudge doesn't worry me.

I don't know. Ayo looks almost as slow as Omar lately.

Please prove me wrong, Ayo.

Lil'John
07-29-2022, 08:30 PM
I don't know. Ayo looks almost as slow as Omar lately.

Please prove me wrong, Ayo.

Yeah. Ayo, please prove us wrong.

613reppingTFC
07-30-2022, 09:33 AM
https://www.on.bet365.ca/#/AC/B1/C172/D1/E70542013/F2!/AS/B1/

Did I see that correct. Does that show us as 6th in the running to win MLS cup?

jloome
07-30-2022, 10:57 AM
okay steve, you’re the gambling guy, explain this one to us. how can we be sixth seed when we need to win probably nine of our remaining twelve games even to have a shot at the playoffs (the east being weak, the experts seem to be targeting 47 pts as the standard)?

Kamp Berg
07-30-2022, 11:29 AM
White and grey kit tonight 😕

stevep
07-30-2022, 11:34 AM
yes it does

stevep
07-30-2022, 11:38 AM
okay steve, you’re the gambling guy, explain this one to us. how can we be sixth seed when we need to win probably nine of our remaining twelve games even to have a shot at the playoffs (the east being weak, the experts seem to be targeting 47 pts as the standard)?
I can only assume they think we will make the playoffs and win many away playoff games
It’s quite remarkable to go from 100:1 to 16:1 in one week
i have never seen anything like this
note: currently cinci is at 1.27 pts per game and would make playoffs 1.27 ppg is 43pts over a 34 game season
tfc needs to average 1.75ppg to get to 43 pts

also for this years mls cup winner to be legitimate somebody needs to beat tfc in the playoffs as it could be argued tfc is the best team in the league now
you cant have the best team in the league not in the playoffs that's just goofy

Mr. Inbetween
07-30-2022, 11:42 AM
I can only assume they think we will make the playoffs and win many away playoff games
It’s quite remarkable to go from 100:1 to 16:1 in one week
i have never seen anything like this

Something 'muggy' going on!? :)

stevep
07-30-2022, 11:57 AM
Something 'muggy' going on!? :)

upon further thought: +1600 odds implies 6% probability
so two ways to achieve this with having to win 4 games
4th place finish then probabilities to win each game are 0.80,0.42,0.42,0.42
7th place finish then probabilities to win each game are 0.50,0.50,0.50,0.50
multiply numbers in each scenerio to get 6%

win probabilities are my assumptions of the odds of each game or the average of each game
either way they think tfc is going to make the playoffs

Areathrasher
07-30-2022, 12:43 PM
Bet365 odds makers are still based in the UK right? They may be weighting the influence of the Italians a little heavy through a euro snob lens?

Or these been a flood of money on TFC since last Saturday for similar reasons?

Richard
07-30-2022, 02:37 PM
Bet365 odds makers are still based in the UK right? They may be weighting the influence of the Italians a little heavy through a euro snob lens?

Or these been a flood of money on TFC since last Saturday for similar reasons?

Odds makers follow the money, they have algorithms for these things.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 03:22 PM
Kaye was doubtful on Thursday & not seen in social media for the team on this trip sooooo.....another does of Nelson tonight, it seems.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 04:10 PM
There will be a pregame show at 7:30

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 04:20 PM
Kaye was doubtful on Thursday & not seen in social media for the team on this trip sooooo.....another does of Nelson tonight, it seems.

If Kaye is out and they insist on starting Nelson, it should be a 4-4-2 with Nelson playing LM and if Insigne is fit enough, he can play just behind Jesus or Ayo. If Insigne is just a bench option tonight, start Ayo and Jesus up top. Just do not play Nelson in the center of midfield.

jloome
07-30-2022, 05:42 PM
If Kaye is out and they insist on starting Nelson, it should be a 4-4-2 with Nelson playing LM and if Insigne is fit enough, he can play just behind Jesus or Ayo. If Insigne is just a bench option tonight, start Ayo and Jesus up top. Just do not play Nelson in the center of midfield.

We'd be better to play Bernie there and Ayo on the right.

But Bernadeschi recently did an interview saying he could never have succeed at Juve because they insisted on using him as a utility player in six different positions, so he might bristle at that idea.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 05:45 PM
We'd be better to play Bernie there and Ayo on the right.

But Bernadeschi recently did an interview saying he could never have succeed at Juve because they insisted on using him as a utility player in six different positions, so he might bristle at that idea.

If Bernie is okay with moving further forward (which almost all players are), I'd say start JMR at RM and use Ayo as a second half sub. Unfortunately, Bradley seems to either not trust JMR or not believe he is 100% yet.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 06:08 PM
So 25 minutes until we can begin the process of this thread either becoming

all on this team is :taz:

vs.

today at least was :fluffy:

jloome
07-30-2022, 06:26 PM
So 25 minutes until we can begin the process of this thread either becoming

all on this team is :taz:

vs.

today at least was :fluffy:

i admit, i’m meme deficient, so i have no idea what the fuck the second thing is.

James17930
07-30-2022, 06:33 PM
Line-up:

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1553518790863994887?t=qOoM2gHl-8tPtlxYXrFU4Q&s=19

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 06:33 PM
i admit, i’m meme deficient, so i have no idea what the fuck the second thing is.

I'm lit AF as the kids would say and also have no idea if that is a ghost or a questionable member of society.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 06:35 PM
Basically the A team except Nelson existing in midfield. Good to see JMR getting a start over Kosi.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1553518790863994887?s=20&t=861-kr_5w78yDdK_2gsYrw

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 06:36 PM

Among the emoticons available on this site, this is the only one equivalent to a "fluffy bunny"

Speaking of this dichtomy between bad & good - both Nelson & JMR start today.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 06:45 PM
You know what grinds my gears? Kerr playing as a backup to Jayden Nelson.

Yuushalinsky
07-30-2022, 06:48 PM
I just want to see JMR do well.

And more Nelson midfield. Dang. Do we not have even one yute that's worth bringing up in position

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 06:55 PM
Looks like the Revs are starting Tommy McNamara with the sole intention of breaking Bernardeschi's ankles with a gross tackle.

James17930
07-30-2022, 06:58 PM
I just want to see JMR do well.

And more Nelson midfield. Dang. Do we not have even one yute that's worth bringing up in position

I do too, but we need to see more from him going forward. If he just cycles it back every single time he gets possession I'm going to pull my eyelashes out.

Gringo Starr
07-30-2022, 07:28 PM
That pre game show was painfull to watch

jloome
07-30-2022, 07:28 PM
No Bou. Good!

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 07:29 PM
The Revs back four are great. The front 3 are absolute MLS jabronis.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 07:33 PM
Insigne with an all world turn there. Gonna score a banger tonight.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 07:36 PM
The Revs back four are great. The front 3 are absolute MLS jabronis.

Gill is good but the rest of the team can't pass worth beans in Libbyland.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 07:38 PM
Great way to give up on the play, Nelson. He needs to sit until he learns that there are two sides to the game.

dave343
07-30-2022, 07:38 PM
TSN stream on Rogers kinda looking likes it being broadcast in 3D... The zoomed in shots are crystal clear but the regular view is looking weird.

James17930
07-30-2022, 07:40 PM
Actually looks like a decent sized crowd tonight. Is that because of us?

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 07:40 PM
Do teams just give Nelson space knowing he's going to take that extra touch or is he actually good at getting into space?

James17930
07-30-2022, 07:45 PM
This game is pretty dull so far.

notthesun
07-30-2022, 07:50 PM
Jimenez is really a fox in the box guy huh, can't hold up the ball and buy us time at all

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 08:01 PM
We are keeping them to long shots & crosses - i.e. Bruce Arena ball.

Their defence can cope with this ball movement in front of the box.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 08:07 PM
JMR having a decent game.

Nelson not staying on the ball too much....

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:08 PM
LI not really looking sharp. Many of his passes have been way off. Probably good to sub him off at the half.

Let's see some Shaff!

notthesun
07-30-2022, 08:10 PM
Two teams that don't know what they're doing offensively

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:17 PM
Very '3rd game in a week'.

jloome
Two teams that don't know what they're doing offensively

A little yeah. Mostly just a lot of caution and defensive pressure.

Chess match. I like our chances.

On the big upside, Nelson has been better than last week, much more positionally responsible, and JMR looks like a fullback.

ag futbol
Jimenez is really a fox in the box guy huh, can't hold up the ball and buy us time at all
That’s my observation as well. Don’t think he’s the right striker for this team TBH. You want someone who’s going to punish you for defending wide and can clear space for himself

OgtheDim
Turf is a very different thing to get used to

Insigne is finding spaces & his passes have been mostly grand. Shoulda scored on that once chance.

We are the more inventive team but these are the sort of games that are won by a defensive mistake or a penalty.

NK Toronto
07-30-2022, 08:22 PM
In 225 minutes since the new DP's began and we have only conceded 1 goal.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 08:25 PM
I always look at at game at Foxboro as bonus time - we get points, that's a bonus. I know the team is talking about playoffs but I'm thinking 2023 is getting a lot out of this game so far.

Lets see if the defence can keep its concentration.

(I've notice Insigne doing hand gestures about what the mid & back lines should be doing when NER has the ball)

jloome
07-30-2022, 08:27 PM
I always look at at game at Foxboro as bonus time - we get points, that's a bonus. I know the team is talking about playoffs but I'm thinking 2023 is getting a lot out of this game so far.

Lets see if the defence can keep its concentration.

(I've notice Insigne doing hand gestures about what the mid & back lines should be doing when NER has the ball)

Yeah, he's been keeping Jayden defensively honest, too. Farrell kept running long outlet passes through that channel and he directed him when to cut back in so that it wasn't available.

RealG-TFC
07-30-2022, 08:27 PM
Hate the turf. Meanwhile, Poz with a defence splitting assist in Miami.

ronzilla
07-30-2022, 08:31 PM
Team looks jaded. Starting to lose patience with Jimenez.

Need a better 2nd half.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 08:32 PM
Insigne is already our captain. I know Michael Bradley will be captain until he is 52 and decides to retire, but the respect our players show for Lorenzo is crazy.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 08:33 PM
Team looks jaded. Starting to lose patience with Jimenez.

Need a better 2nd half.

A DP 9 is becoming more and more likely every day.

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:34 PM
Insigne is already our captain. I know Michael Bradley will be captain until he is 52 and decides to retire, but the respect our players show for Lorenzo is crazy.

Oso is the next captain. That's not even debatable.

notthesun
07-30-2022, 08:43 PM
Bernardeschi looks like he's never played a competitive game on turf in his life... which I suppose is actually possible

ag futbol
07-30-2022, 08:43 PM
JMR looks shakey defending 1v1 but with the ball it’s a monumental improvement over Thompson

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 08:44 PM
Oso is the next captain. That's not even debatable.

If Oso is here in 6 months is very debatable.

jloome
07-30-2022, 08:44 PM
My lord.

FootBallAZ
07-30-2022, 08:45 PM
Wow FB wow

ag futbol
07-30-2022, 08:45 PM
What a hit that would have been. Thank god we’re finally a threat to shoot from outside the box.

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:46 PM
What a shot.

FootBallAZ
07-30-2022, 08:46 PM
What a hit that would have been. Thank god we’re finally a threat to shoot from outside the box.

First time since 2018

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:48 PM
If Oso is here in 6 months is very debatable.

I know he's talked about leaving, but unless he has an amazing WC, I can't see any teams of the level he would want to play for bothering with him. They'd just have too many other, younger options.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 08:50 PM
How many turf game has Jimenez played on?

1 more then Insigne & Bernadeschi.

I'd give him a bit of a break as he had a very good game vs. Charlotte

jloome
07-30-2022, 08:52 PM
Is bernie out of gas? is that it? Because Berndeschi for Kerr does not sound an even sub.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 08:54 PM
Is bernie out of gas? is that it? Because Berndeschi for Kerr does not sound an even sub.

He looked out of gas in the first half.

James17930
07-30-2022, 08:55 PM
These are the subs?

Umm ... I don't understand.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:02 PM
Now who takes this one....

Not sure that one will stand

Bobo
07-30-2022, 09:04 PM
This call probably shouldn't stand.

EDIT - I'll take it.

EDIT EDIT - Fuck me.

ag futbol
07-30-2022, 09:04 PM
Yeah, don’t think this is a pen. He pokes it away and Kerr kicks him in an attempt to shoot.

But it is a really quick sequence

RealG-TFC
07-30-2022, 09:05 PM
Polster comes in from behind. It should be a penalty

ag futbol
07-30-2022, 09:06 PM
Polster comes in from behind. It should be a penalty
From the one view it looks like he impedes Kerr more than he gets the ball. The other view makes it looks like he legit gets their first.

Tough to overturn

notthesun
07-30-2022, 09:07 PM
We are literally cursed on PKs, there's just no explanation

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:08 PM
That was well taken & well saved

BTW, our curse on GK's is keeper coach is not that good

tfcfans
07-30-2022, 09:09 PM
I’ve never seen a team miss more critical penalties than this one — that is likely the end of the season unless there’s a miracle somewhere - but let’s be real here, if you’ve watched this franchise for the last 15 years the team most likely to lose 1-0 now is us and not NE....

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:10 PM
Big shout on the side of the pitch

"DONIEL..DONIEL"

notthesun
07-30-2022, 09:12 PM
What's our franchise all-time conversion rate on penalties, christ... if it's even above 60% I'll be shocked

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:18 PM
Kerr whiffing what was our best chance of the game beyond the penalty...

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:20 PM
Kerr is finding pockets - decent attacking sub I think.

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 09:21 PM
Is Bob Bradley a good coach?

notthesun
07-30-2022, 09:22 PM
Fair result but doesn't really help us. Oh well

ag futbol
07-30-2022, 09:22 PM
That’s not a bad result. Too bad, as it could have been more but well done.

MacNaughton looking more reliable all the time

tfcfans
07-30-2022, 09:23 PM
When a road tie feels like a loss. Even the clean sheet doesn’t make this any better. If they were sitting on 30 points then this is a good result, but we aren’t, so this isn’t.

jloome
I can't complain. We should've won it, but getting a point in New England everyone playing pretty well feels like progress to me.

Petrovic saved them twice.

RealG-TFC
Besides missing the header, I actually liked what I saw from Kerr

Also Vrioni should have really sentanced us so I'll take the point.

OgtheDim
Is Bob Bradley a good coach?

With this team, we won't know until 2023.

At the beginning of the season, this game is always circled for a draw.

Were we good? No

Were we better then them? Yes

Were we dead tired after 3 games in 1 week including 2 cross continent trips? VERY MUCH

Game on turf gonna game on turf

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:25 PM
What's our franchise all-time conversion rate on penalties, christ... if it's even above 60% I'll be shocked

https://twitter.com/martyn_bailey/status/1553560628555571200

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 09:28 PM
Mullinho converted 100% of his penalties. Just saying.

Free-kick
07-30-2022, 09:28 PM
Still. This was good performance considering its an away game. Really dominated NER. I am encouraged for next year even though i knew that these new player were arriving too late to save the season. Cant wait to see what this looks like when these players jell and when 1-3 of these teeangers are loned out to somewhere they can further develop their game.

We miss MAK out there IMHO. We are much better with him in there than Nelson. Nelson needs to go somewhere where he can develop.

jloome
07-30-2022, 09:30 PM
That's weird MLS parity for you. So far tonight we have two 4-4 draws, three 0-0 draws, and a 1-1 draw.

And then Houston looks pitiful getting crushed 6-0 by Philly.

leedsandTFC
07-30-2022, 09:31 PM
we looked really good tbf.

dominated the game, should have won by a couple and would have lost by a couple in previous weeks to the same team.

jloome
07-30-2022, 09:31 PM
They're both spectacular players, it must be said.

A whole season with the Italians, Kaye healthy... Wowzers.

DinamoTFC
07-30-2022, 09:32 PM
Macnaughton very good again.

JMR better as RB.

Poor showing by DPs but maybe it's the turf so maybe they get a pass: can create chances out of nothing though.

Could have used Poz in the middle instead of leaving third DP spot open.

Clean sheet.

gracos
07-30-2022, 09:32 PM
In the offseason we should look to offload Insigne,hasnt delivered

MikeForbes
07-30-2022, 09:33 PM
I think we will be fine next year. Playoffs are a pipe dream this year though.

OgtheDim
07-30-2022, 09:39 PM
Nelson was much better....not Kaye quality but sub / injury quality...still jogs back on defence too much for me but only counted 5 times when he slowed the game down instead of passing the ball when he should have.

Kerr finds space - that's a skill set

Defence looked decent but without Bou, NER really are only Gill & hope. There wasn't much press. Lets see how they do against a more disiciplined press next week in Nashville.

Most disapointing guy was Jesus - agree with others that he's a fox in the box type & that was more the sort of guy Poz would want to pass to.

We were better when Insigne came inside in the last 15 minutes & started pulling strings.

Toronto Funk
I think our d showed up, other than the sitter missed at the end. McNaughton and Mavinga (M and M combo) and JMR were solid, as was Crescito.

NK Toronto
JMR looked decent at RB. I wish one of the so-called journos would ask BB why he hasn't been playing more.

James17930
07-30-2022, 10:11 PM
So we got a 0-0 without the benefit of resting anybody ...

Ultra & Proud
07-30-2022, 10:22 PM
Macnaughton very good again.

JMR better as RB.

Both of these things 100%

Especially MacNaughton. For me, he is our #1 now

PawTar711
07-30-2022, 10:29 PM
tonights game was away at new england revolution. they have a different stadium and enviornment then we do but we needed the points and got one. so its not tthe end of the wo rld, one of our designated players hit the bar, so it would be nice if we also had the penalty work out. in essence, we are playing alot of games and theres alot still to go, but these points are valuable because were not far off from the playoffs.:flare::flare::flare::flare::scarf::scarf ::canada::drum::drum:

jloome
07-30-2022, 11:19 PM
We have two straights weeks now with only one game in each week. If they can gel now, and beat Nashville on Aug 6, we could be set for a real run.

xG tonight was 1.6 to 0.7 in our favor. Rest of the stats were very similar for both teams but we won more duels and tackles, which is an improvement for us.

Mr. Inbetween
07-30-2022, 11:43 PM
...one of our designated players hit the bar...

I not sure what you saw? :smilewinkgrin:

That left footed mf'er just smashed it and rang the post with 10secs of vibration from circa 75FT!!!

Gringo Starr
07-31-2022, 07:47 AM

The long weekend of Perruzza is pretty good at these too

Mr. Inbetween
07-31-2022, 10:49 AM

And Mullinho always 'carried' Pozuelo and TFC on his...

:lol:

ttps://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1167122000038572032 (https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1167122000038572032)

Richard
07-31-2022, 12:08 PM
Six points out with eleven games to go. It's not over yet.

jloome
07-31-2022, 12:42 PM
Nelson was much better....not Kaye quality but sub / injury quality...still jogs back on defence too much for me but only counted 5 times when he slowed the game down instead of passing the ball when he should have.

Defence looked decent but without Bou, NER really are only Gill & hope. There wasn't much press. Lets see how they do against a more disiciplined press next week in Nashville.

Most disapointing guy was Jesus - agree with others that he's a fox in the box type & that was more the sort of guy Poz would want to pass to.

We were better when Insigne came inside in the last 15 minutes & started pulling strings.

Jesus is on a cold streak. we know the guy can finish, but he has to get service and he’s been handed three quite poor chances TOTAL in our last four league games.

He’s also had two goals waived off for offside in that four game period.

So…. a little early to panic about a guy with nine goals across all contests.

I think we knew he needed service when we got him. He hasn’t had that. Strikers require an understanding with providers; Poz is gone, Oso has been out and the Italians just got here. So….

But he does look a little out of sorts lately. Probably not having any Spanish language speakers doesn’t help that.

Still a better player than Ayo. Swapped off places with Insigne several times yesterday so LI could come inside, gets back to help, presses.

Give him a few games with the new guys before we declare him one dimensional.

Prof
07-31-2022, 01:05 PM
In the offseason we should look to offload Insigne,hasnt delivered

I agree. He looks too casual and uninterested out there. He will go down as the worst DP signing since Mista. Bring Poz back.:drinking:

los sonadores
07-31-2022, 01:08 PM
Jesus is on a cold streak. we know the guy can finish, but he has to get service and he’s been handed three quite poor chances TOTAL in our last four league games.

He’s also had two goals waived off for offside in that four game period.

So…. a little early to panic about a guy with nine goals across all contests.

I think we knew he needed service when we got him. He hasn’t had that. Strikers require an understanding with providers; Poz is gone, Oso has been out and the Italians just got here. So….

But he does look a little out of sorts lately. Probably not having any Spanish language speakers doesn’t help that.

Still a better player than Ayo. Swapped off places with Insigne several times yesterday so LI could come inside, gets back to help, presses.

Give him a few games with the new guys before we declare him one dimensional.

Yeah, I agree. He’s much more than a fox in the box.

DavemTFC
07-31-2022, 08:20 PM
Finally got caught up on the last few games today.

Hope that's the last time we see Kosi start at RB again (I actually like him as a depth midfielder piece, which we desperately need, so hopefully he can give some minutes there). JMR's defensive reads and fundamental control and passing are just so much better - wish someone would question Bob on why the guy can barely get 15 mins ahead of Kosi after shutting down his flank for 90 on the worst pitch in the league. Would like more from him going forward

We've given ourselves such little rope that we can't really afford to drop points any more when we're dominant, doubly so when we've started both our Italians on short rest in Foxboro. If they'd scored that late chance it really would have been a death blow to 2022 I think. At least we'll get to ruin some other team's seasons though!

Auzzy
08-01-2022, 11:02 PM

I agree Nelson jogs back on defence. But I also some him jog forward a few times in the NE game when he needed to sprint. I.e. Jesus or somebody else was isolated far forward with the ball, after a successful long pass. Nelson was the next closest, but absolutely did not see the urgency to get forward quickly, provide support or a passback opportunity. I saw some exasperation from Jesus and others.

Not only Nelson was at fault. Others didn't rush to support.

I didn't play close attention, but didn't Osorio kind of disappear for parts of the first half?