PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 22 - Charlotte @ TFC Sat July 23 7:30pm - All I've Got to Give to You

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-18-2022, 06:25 AM
is Passion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Z0bLO6NObk

Have at It People

Smokecell
07-18-2022, 07:02 AM
Insigne and Berna off the bench I imagine. Probably be down 2-0 by that point to set up for an epic debut comeback. Or not...

MikeForbes
07-18-2022, 12:45 PM
Bernardeschi is in full training today, so gotta think he will be ready to debut on Saturday.

ensco
07-18-2022, 12:57 PM
With a win, we go to 6 wins and 12 losses.

Same pace as Seattle in 2016...

Mr. Inbetween
07-18-2022, 09:19 PM

"It's the hope that kills you." :cheers:

Inklink
07-18-2022, 11:52 PM
These two better be in the lineup! There's no buffer!

jloome
07-19-2022, 12:47 AM
These two better be in the lineup! There's no buffer!

I'm sort of dying to find out how much better we look with two world-class players in the lineup. This is going to be very interesting.

Over/under on Jimenez topping his eight league goals in the remaining fifteen with these guys offering up service.

Don't think we're going to see Insigne, unfortunately, not from his training progress.

Bushmancan
07-19-2022, 06:55 AM

Your lips to gods ears… but they also had Frei. LOL.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-19-2022, 07:47 AM
Best case scenario:
We may see Insigne and Berna for no more than 30 minutes together.

Worst case scenario:
We'll see just one of them (probably Fede), and for no more than 30 minutes.

Any sports bettor man to give some odds just for fun for these suppositions?

:lurk5:

portu
07-19-2022, 08:26 AM
To make the playoffs we’ll need 10 wins or 9 wins and 2 draws out of 13 matches. Not an impossible feat, but it’s possibility is extremely dependent on how dominant Insigne/Bernie are.

Playoffs likely requires us to hit 48 points.

stevep
07-19-2022, 09:51 AM
Best case scenario:
We may see Insigne and Berna for no more than 30 minutes together.

Worst case scenario:
We'll see just one of them (probably Fede), and for no more than 30 minutes.

Any sports bettor man to give some odds just for fun for these suppositions?

:lurk5:

all i care about with this game is will tfc have full lineup, I am so sick and tired of watching the scrubs they field every week
including all 3 Italians oso and kaye
to determine if this is going to happen i look at the odds
tfc to win odds were +130 now closer to +100
if all were playing odds should be around -166 for tfc

at this point in time its not looking good for the Italians to start this weekend

leedsandTFC
07-19-2022, 12:02 PM
https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/1549426001259728896

MikeForbes
07-19-2022, 12:43 PM
I expect Bernie for 30ish minutes and Insigne for like 10-15.

Ultra & Proud
07-19-2022, 01:02 PM
I expect Bernie for 30ish minutes and Insigne for like 10-15.

I think Bernie & Criscito start. Bernie probably good for 55-60 minutes then Insigne for 20 or so later on.

leedsandTFC
07-19-2022, 01:11 PM
i think bernardeschi aims for 60 but could go longer (like criscito on his debut), and insigne gets a half

MikeForbes
07-19-2022, 01:31 PM
I give the conservative estimates because we have the biggest game of our season that Tuesday night against Vancouver.

Mr. Inbetween
07-19-2022, 02:56 PM
I hope to at least get to see live LI, JJ, FB, JO, MB, MAK, DC, all get a chance to play together; at least a half hour.

Yuushalinsky
07-19-2022, 03:10 PM
I hope to at least get to see live LI, JJ, FB, JO, MB, MAK, DC, all get a chance to play together; at least a half hour.

This is it for me - I need to see the front 7 wreak some havoc.

los sonadores
07-19-2022, 03:19 PM

After the elevens we’ve played this season that would be heaven, too good to be true. (Not predicting how they play together but it would be a start).

SoccMan2
07-19-2022, 07:19 PM
Hopefully by early October we get to see Insigne and the rest of the signings playing I can’t wait let’s go!

ronzilla
07-19-2022, 08:30 PM
Give credit where it's due. Aside from the poor ball distribution, Bono had an excellent game and earned his starting position for this weekend.

Insigne and Bern should get as many minutes as possible, regardless if there's another big match 2-3 days later. They will recover quickly and have time to rest next week.

Mr. Inbetween
07-19-2022, 08:38 PM
After the elevens we’ve played this season that would be heaven, too good to be true. (Not predicting how they play together but it would be a start).

Maybe this time will become known in the lore of TFC as 'Season Of The Elevens'.

Joe Kool
07-20-2022, 08:49 AM
Hopefully by early October we get to see Insigne and the rest of the signings playing I can’t wait let’s go!

Last year I remember it was a rare moment that almost never happened all season when we actually had all 3 DPs playing in the same game. It should never be like that. When paying big money these players need to be playing a high percentage of games and minutes. I really hope once we get going we don't stop. I have been a Napoli fan for years and when people questioned Insigne coming here the one thing I was happy about is that he was a durable player and almost never injured. Then he got his current injury just before he came. Hopefully just a rare occurrence and not indicative of what is to come. Hopefully we get all our first choice players on the pitch as much as possible for the rest of the year.....for a change.

MikeForbes
07-20-2022, 02:56 PM
Insigne in full training again. Looking like a double debut for Saturday.

Ultra & Proud
07-20-2022, 03:02 PM
Is Osorio in training? Nobody said.

jloome
07-20-2022, 03:25 PM
Vancouver’s going to be tough in the final. They’re really improving right now. They got White back from injury, Cavalini’s scoring, their new DM is a baller and they just signed Gressel to play wide.

Cropper’s been good in goal for them replacing Hassel who was injured against us with the non-foul goal that shouldn’t have been disallowed. He might be injured though; they were playing a young guy the other night.

Ultra & Proud
07-20-2022, 03:37 PM
Vancouver’s going to be tough in the final. They’re really improving right now. They got White back from injury, Cavalini’s scoring, their new DM is a baller and they just signed Gressel to play wide.

Cropper’s been good in goal for them replacing Hassel who was injured against us with the non-foul goal that shouldn’t have been disallowed. He might be injured though; they were playing a young guy the other night.
Did Gressel even report yet? Didn't sound like he was in a hurry.

stevep
07-21-2022, 08:25 AM
Pinnacle has tfc +129 now
this is same odds as Columbus and San Jose games
somethings not right

Yuushalinsky
07-21-2022, 08:43 AM
looks like Insigne's training more fully now - should be a good 'un to see the full squad

jloome
07-21-2022, 08:47 AM
Did Gressel even report yet? Didn't sound like he was in a hurry.

Yeah, shots of him training with them yesterday.

Charlotte beat Chelsea in an exhibition game last night so they’ll be buzzing from that.

jloome
07-21-2022, 08:53 AM
Minnesota playing a mixed first-second team crushes Everton 4-0 playing a mix of first and second team players.

It wasn’t close, either. Outworked and played by an MLS squad. Friendly, sure. Bad EPL club, sure. But still… EPL club.

Canary10
07-21-2022, 08:57 AM
Minnesota playing a mixed first-second team crushes Everton 4-0 playing a mix of first and second team players.

It wasn’t close, either. Outworked and played by an MLS squad. Friendly, sure. Bad EPL club, sure. But still… EPL club.

Everton are going to be relegated I think. Barely made it last year.

jloome
07-21-2022, 09:14 AM
Everton are going to be relegated I think. Barely made it last year.

It would seem so. They had seven starters in and Lampard told them to play it as a serious game.

They still got spanked.

If nothing else, they’ll help put lie to the notion that any team that is in a top division is automatically brilliant. They were shit.

Canary10
07-21-2022, 10:07 AM
It would seem so. They had seven starters in and Lampard told them to play it as a serious game.

They still got spanked.

If nothing else, they’ll help put lie to the notion that any team that is in a top division is automatically brilliant. They were shit.

Lampard was an awful choice as manager.

MikeForbes
07-21-2022, 10:53 AM
Insigne training with the team again. Bernie training inside (not injury related) per the usual journos today.

Kamp Berg
07-21-2022, 11:48 AM
Insigne training with the team again. Bernie training inside (not injury related) per the usual journos today.

No sign of Westberg today either.

noxx98
07-21-2022, 11:58 AM
No sign of Westberg today either.
Bono played well and probably deserves another start.

Kamp Berg
07-21-2022, 12:02 PM
Bono played well and probably deserves another start.

I missed the last game, but heard the goal was Bono’s error? Either way, seems odd that Westberg’s not there at all. Osorio is back 👍🏻

ronzilla
07-21-2022, 02:33 PM
It wasn't Bono's error. He played great and made several big saves.

Canary10
07-21-2022, 02:39 PM
It wasn't Bono's error. He played great and made several big saves.

Maybe shouldn't have played the ball short, but it was really the defenders dicking around playing the ball around the back instead of clearing when they were under pressure that caused the goal.

Inklink
07-21-2022, 03:05 PM
I can't wait another week, need the Italians all in the lineup!

Ultra & Proud
07-21-2022, 03:08 PM
Maybe shouldn't have played the ball short, but it was really the defenders dicking around playing the ball around the back instead of clearing when they were under pressure that caused the goal.
That's how I saw it. Bono put our defenders in a bad spot but you'd think at some point after giving up the kind of goals we've been giving up that our defense would opt for safety first instead of trying to play it out no matter the pressure. At this point, in situations like that, I'd rather see some hoof ball and hope for the best up field.

leedsandTFC
07-21-2022, 03:53 PM
i think bernardeschi and insigne start this one.

nelson/ kerr as impact subs will actually be very positive as well, bringing that sort of running into the game late should be very good.

Joe Kool
07-21-2022, 04:12 PM
For those planning to drive down to the game FYI. Beerfest is on this weekend on the Ex grounds so people going to that will likely be using a bunch of the parking available already by the time anyone gets down there for the game. Plan ahead.

Yuushalinsky
07-21-2022, 04:14 PM
For those planning to drive down to the game FYI. Beerfest is on this weekend on the Ex grounds so people going to that will likely be using a bunch of the parking available already by the time anyone gets down there for the game. Plan ahead.

this is giving me an excuse to go early

OgtheDim
07-21-2022, 04:45 PM
$85 for entry including 5 beers...

Enjoy the BMO pricing.

MikeForbes
07-21-2022, 04:51 PM
27 bucks for a quart of vodka for me. I'll pay that and enjoy watching Insigne and Bernardeschi each score in a 3-1 win Saturday. Probably the most excited I have been for a game in a long while.

Lil'John
07-21-2022, 09:15 PM
i think bernardeschi and insigne start this one.

nelson/ kerr as impact subs will actually be very positive as well, bringing that sort of running into the game late should be very good.

Yes. Correct.

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 08:18 AM
This is definitely my most anticipated game since 2020

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 12:18 PM
‘Head coach Bob Bradley confirms both Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi are ready to go for Saturday.’

Doneil and Mavinga too.

Yuushalinsky
07-22-2022, 12:29 PM
‘Head coach Bob Bradley confirms both Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi are ready to go for Saturday.’

Doneil and Mavinga too.

>Doneil

you know something I don't, he's only training with the team, right???

MikeForbes
07-22-2022, 12:36 PM
Gonna be an exciting game. Stoked that both are gonna debut. Feels like we have been waiting years to see Insigne at this point.

Ultra & Proud
07-22-2022, 01:06 PM
>Doneil

Bob said today that Henry was a player they're looking at to add to the defense (along with other options) so it's possible.

Inklink
07-22-2022, 01:28 PM

Doneil and Mavinga too.
Yesssss

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 01:38 PM
>Doneil

Bob said today that Henry was a player they're looking at to add to the defense (along with other options) so it's possible.

Yesssss

I don’t know anything more, just what Ultra reported about Bob’s comments.

Ultra & Proud
07-22-2022, 01:41 PM
But if he signed like right now would there be time to make him eligible for tomorrow? No idea how MLS HQ operates. I assume it's a bunch of old guys laying on rafts in a giant pool and lighting expensive cigars with allocation money.

FootBallAZ
07-22-2022, 02:08 PM
looks like both LI And FB are making their debut's tomorrow as per TFC's email sent out.

I assume they wouldnt send this out if they werent starting which is exciting to look forward to.

It would suck if they both debut'd off the bench with an e-mail like that, lol I assume the remaining 5 home games should justify the 40 % increase for new members lol.

cant wait for some solid interplay down the left side!!

Mr. Inbetween
07-22-2022, 02:20 PM
So...
Starting lineup just maybe got interesting and fun for me/us?

Me...
---LI --- JJ --- FB ---
---JO---MB---MAK---
DC--CM---SO--DH--
------- QW---------

That, or some musical chair of that, looks and should be promising.
At least against CFC.

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 02:50 PM
But if he signed like right now would there be time to make him eligible for tomorrow? No idea how MLS HQ operates. I assume it's a bunch of old guys laying on rafts in a giant pool and lighting expensive cigars with allocation money.

I didn’t get the feeling it was imminent, more of a maybe. Either way, I don’t think we’ll see him tomorrow, but who knows this year.
Haha, sounds about right, TAM might burn better though!

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 02:52 PM
So...
Starting lineup just maybe got interesting and fun for me/us?

Me...
---LI --- JJ --- FB ---
---JO---MB---MAK---
DC--CM---SO--DH--
------- QW---------

That, or some musical chair of that, looks and should be promising.
At least against CFC.

I’m guessing we’ll see Bono in net, Kosi as RB, and O’Neill and McN as CBs

Yuushalinsky
07-22-2022, 03:08 PM
I’m guessing we’ll see Bono in net, Kosi as RB, and O’Neill and McN as CBs

Give me JMR at some point dang it!

Inklink
07-22-2022, 03:22 PM

You don't know about Henry or the Italians? I got an email from TFC selling tickets "Join us in welcoming Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi as they take to the pitch for their debut"

Ultra & Proud
07-22-2022, 03:35 PM
Give me JMR at some point dang it!
I was thinking about this. I always thought they were taking it easy with bringing him back as he is a commodity and they don't want to risk him getting hurt if he isn't 110% healed up.

Now somebody on the player thread said a couple days ago that maybe they were shielding him from view to prevent scrutiny and the dropping of his value on the market. The more I think about this, the more I think this could be the case. Partially because he isn't at the level some people think he is (yet tbf) and also because he wouldn't be getting proper support around him and that might make him look poor to the eye.

jloome
07-22-2022, 03:59 PM
I was thinking about this. I always thought they were taking it easy with bringing him back as he is a commodity and they don't want to risk him getting hurt if he isn't 110% healed up.

Now somebody on the player thread said a couple days ago that maybe they were shielding him from view to prevent scrutiny and the dropping of his value on the market. The more I think about this, the more I think this could be the case. Partially because he isn't at the level some people think he is (yet tbf) and also because he wouldn't be getting proper support around him and that might make him look poor to the eye.

It’s tough to judge from how little we’ve seen but from the few interviews he’s done, he strikes me as sort of a shy, perhaps slightly immature kid. Again, it’s from a pretty small sample but he seems like he has great physical tools but not a great deal of the mental side in terms of drive, aggression and desire to succeed.

Just on the technique he’s shown and the seeming absence of arrogance or attitude, I suspect he will have a good career. But the hype is a bit much. I know when he practised with Liverpool last year, their midfielder Harvey Elliott told papers there they should sign him. So it might be closer than we think or it might be that they want to wait a few years and see if he develops more aggression and a quicker read of the game.

There’s a Uruguayan striker, Agustin Alvarez, who just wen to Sassuolo in Italy but three years ago was “certain” to go to Atletico Madrid or Inter Milan, on the strength of scoring buckets of goals in the premier division as an 18 year old. But they were obviously concerned about something because it just never happened. He’s still made it, but not at the heights expected.

Might end out being something like that. He still has a lot of time to impress.

Kamp Berg
07-22-2022, 05:36 PM
You don't know about Henry or the Italians? I got an email from TFC selling tickets "Join us in welcoming Lorenzo Insigne and Federico Bernardeschi as they take to the pitch for their debut"

About Henry’s status.

los sonadores
07-22-2022, 08:05 PM
Hoping LI and FB make their debuts. Some bits of footage of Bernardeschi here:

https://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/can-insigne-bernardeschi-turn-around-toronto-fcs-season/sn-amp/

(And note the possession regains numbers for LI and FB….)

stevep
07-22-2022, 10:39 PM
Pinnacle tfc+119
does not make sense
Wtf is going on. These are 5 pylon odds

Richard
07-22-2022, 11:10 PM
Pinnacle tfc+119
does not make sense
Wtf is going on. These are 5 pylon odds

No idea if we will win, but betting the total over 3.5 is enticing.

khso11
07-23-2022, 12:10 AM
Finally, the season opener. Waited too long for this.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 06:18 AM
Been a long time since felt could do this

IT'S GAME DAY :scarf::drum::flare:

Yohan
07-23-2022, 07:31 AM
Been a long time since felt could do this

IT'S GAME DAY :scarf::drum::flare:
It's the hope that kills you

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:45 AM
It was an incredibly long pre-season this year. It is finally opening day at BMO!

Yuushalinsky
07-23-2022, 10:02 AM
Gimme:

GK (I'm not picky and I think Bono has gotten HOSED by defense this year)

Criscito - Henry - O'Neill - JMR

MAK - Bradley - Osorio

Berna - JJ - Insigne

I'm almost certain I got my sides wrong so please correct me

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 10:08 AM
Bono
Thompson—McNaughton—O’Neill—Criscito
MAK—Bradley—Osorio
Berna—JJ—Insigne

Maybe Henry for McNaughton.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 10:13 AM
Really can't see Insigne starting. Bernie likely.

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 10:25 AM
Red jerseys tonight!

Mr. Inbetween
07-23-2022, 10:26 AM
It was an incredibly long pre-season this year. It is finally opening day at BMO!

:hurray:

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 10:26 AM

Yeah, he’ll probably share time with Nelson

Yuushalinsky
07-23-2022, 10:35 AM
Yeah, he’ll probably share time with Nelson

I'm sweating

but if Nelson learned anything from Insigne/Berna this past week maybe he'll be better who knows

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 10:43 AM
I'm sweating

but if Nelson learned anything from Insigne/Berna this past week maybe he'll be better who knows

Training and playing with such high calibre talent has to benefit the kids learning.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 10:57 AM
Training and playing with such high calibre talent has to benefit the kids learning.

As long as he has the right attitude and absorbs what he see's. Some young players will sulk at the thought of someone coming in and taking away his starting spot.

leedsandTFC
07-23-2022, 11:29 AM

imo from what we've seen, bradley likes to get guys in from the start if they are getting limited mins (criscito, MAK).

can see this continuing tn

Joe Kool
07-23-2022, 11:35 AM

I would say that is possible if they didn’t send an email out to everyone to come and watch the debut of Insigne. Since they did I think he starts for sure. I would be shocked if anything else.

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 11:49 AM
As long as he has the right attitude and absorbs what he see's. Some young players will sulk at the thought of someone coming in and taking away his starting spot.

If they do, I don’t think they’ll be around for long. I’m sure the Bradley’s sniff that shit out quick. I imagine that’s already part of the reason Bob prefers some more than others.

ag futbol
07-23-2022, 12:22 PM
Food for thought. It was about 5 games before Giovinco adjusted to MLS and he had the benefit of a preseason.

Let’s not expect instant success here.

mauser09
07-23-2022, 12:24 PM
Food for thought. It was about 5 games before Giovinco adjusted to MLS and he had the benefit of a preseason.

I'm hoping for a debut like Pozuelo's

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 02:08 PM

I'm just excited to have those game day butterflies again. I am gonna go out on a limb though and say Bernardeschi scores tonight.

69Chevy396
07-23-2022, 02:59 PM

These players have just come off a gruelling year, in League and International play, but are well rested, and hungry. If you are going to bet on any game this year, that TFC scores 4 or more goals, this is the one.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 04:20 PM
A certain amount of beer is indicating to me that this game is going to be epic one way or another.

I hope the beer is accurate. 😊

barticusz
07-23-2022, 04:35 PM
It’s nice to have some excitement back. Really looking forward to this game. I’m keeping my expectations low but my hope is sky high.

ensco
07-23-2022, 04:44 PM
Charlotte are pretty impressive up front. 8 goals in last three league games. We may need to score a bunch to win.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 05:02 PM
Every game moving forward is win 4 - 3 or bust

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 05:56 PM
Just casually pacing in my kitchen refreshing my phone, waiting for that sweet, sweet starting lineup tweet.

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 06:04 PM
Insigne starts

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:04 PM
My guys leedsandTFC nailed it. Both start!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1550974787903782922?s=20&t=XIiBJ3l81yP29Jn6AV2P7g

Bobo
07-23-2022, 06:05 PM
Reading that lineup top to bottom is horror to happiness.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:07 PM

We absolutely need Kaye and Bradley to have better games tonight to supply service to the front 3. Both have been sub par the last two games.

Richard
07-23-2022, 06:07 PM

Only in MLS would you have world class and third division players in the same lineup.

The season officially starts today.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:30 PM
Those studs in Insigne's ear are worth more than Luca Petrasso's yearly wage.

mowe
07-23-2022, 06:34 PM
Seriously. I can’t believe we’re putting out that defense behind that front three.

Should be interesting at the very least.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:35 PM
For anyone at BMO, are we looking at a sellout?

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 06:37 PM
MAJOR crowd lineup

Richard
07-23-2022, 06:38 PM
I hope Doneil finds form and kick starts his career again, what a story it would be, good to see him back home. :scarf:

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:39 PM
I hope Doneil finds form and kick starts his career again, what a story it would be, good to see him back home. :scarf:

I have been super critical of it being lazy, but Henry becoming a solid 3rd CB would be huge.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 06:41 PM
lol I had forgotten about Gilberto (seeing that JDG piece on TSN).

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 06:41 PM
Big, loud and effin noisy

gracos
07-23-2022, 06:49 PM
Love Berna's attitude towards the whole situation he knows it might take a little time to gel, but he seems genuinely excited with this next step of his career

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 06:49 PM
Ok, haven't seen this in a long time

gracos
07-23-2022, 06:50 PM
Ok, haven't seen this in a long time

now its time for the club to keep up this momentum, and that starts with a good performance tonight

69Chevy396
07-23-2022, 06:51 PM
Stream, anyone?

Inklink
07-23-2022, 06:52 PM
Insigne brought out his actual kids? lol

James17930
07-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Is the start delayed?

Bushmancan
07-23-2022, 06:53 PM
Bernadeschi looks like he is going kill this.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 06:55 PM
Putting the phone away for the first half. Let's fucking go.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:02 PM
LMAO!!

Richard
07-23-2022, 07:03 PM
Well take it!

rydermike
07-23-2022, 07:05 PM
The quality of the Italians is so evident

Bobo
07-23-2022, 07:06 PM
JJ must be the happiest man in the world at this moment.

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:07 PM
My god, we are already a totally different team.

This is nuts.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:08 PM
MB can score?!

Richard
07-23-2022, 07:08 PM
Lets gooooo!

Bobo
07-23-2022, 07:09 PM
Slipping while taking the corner is peak Berna, which is good enough for us.

OgtheDim
Uh.. Guys

gracos
This is awesome, well done so far TFC, we just need to keep up the momentum for the rest of the season

rydermike
07-23-2022, 07:10 PM
This could be like the Blue Jays yestersay

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:11 PM
MB scoring on a header?

WHat is going on??? :)

Bobo
07-23-2022, 07:11 PM
In nine minutes we saw Bradley score a header and MacNaughton pull off a dummy. Talk about inspiration.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:14 PM
Not offside and the late ass flag

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:16 PM
Kosi cannot be starting, sorry.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:17 PM
Kaye is having a good half so far

rydermike
07-23-2022, 07:18 PM
A player making mid five figures in the same lineup as a guy making eight figures is peak MLS

tfcfans
07-23-2022, 07:20 PM
Packed and loud at BMO again, and actual control of the ball for long stretches — it’s like the adults are playing now. Now if we can sign two guys for the back line (and a keeper) and stabilize that end of the field - we may be really fun to watch again - but at least it’s a start....

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:22 PM
A player making mid five figures in the same lineup as a guy making eight figures is peak MLS

So true haha

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:22 PM
For all our early pressure we seem pretty comfortable to just sit back now. Hopefully it's just 'conserving energy.

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:23 PM

I think he's been fine so far.

What exactly is he doing wrong?

SirBobSaget
07-23-2022, 07:24 PM
Every corner ball is dangerous this is so delightful! Never want to see a Bradley dead ball again.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:27 PM
Damn half a step offside

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:29 PM
Berna!

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:32 PM
This is a proper weekend at Bernie's. So happy!

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:32 PM
Uh, guys....

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:33 PM
Uh, guys....

You feeling those rumblings ...? :)

jloome
07-23-2022, 07:34 PM
Who taught Kosi to release the ball quickly? Where did that come from all of a sudden (sure, he blew the pickup on the cross, but really, everybody's been better tonight).

Man, it's nice having a first team again. THat was a hell of a strike.

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 07:35 PM
What a difference!

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:36 PM
Amazing the difference players like Insigne and Bernie make over Jayden Nelson and DeAndre Kerr.

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:36 PM
Who taught Kosi to release the ball quickly? Where did that come from all of a sudden (sure, he blew the pickup on the cross, but really, everybody's been better tonight).

Man, it's nice having a first team again. THat was a hell of a strike.

The difference in the entire team is so sudden it's mind blowing.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:37 PM
Honestly, recall Auro to replace Thompson and we are on our way.

jloome
07-23-2022, 07:39 PM
Honestly, recall Auro to replace Thompson and we are on our way.

I don't know man, that recovery run to mark Reyna sorta indicated maybe why Bradley likes him so much. That was blazing.

Auro is a better defender straight up but has nothing going forward.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:41 PM
I don't know man, that recovery run to mark Reyna sorta indicated maybe why Bradley likes him so much. That was blazing.

I've been crapping on Kosi but I noticed that recovery as well. That was nice to see.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:42 PM

He has potential, but I believe Auro is currently the better player. I can accept some mistakes from Kosi, Kaye is looking like a poor man's Delgado though.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:43 PM
You feeling those rumblings ...? :)

I'm in the south... It is bouncing

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:44 PM
He has potential, but I believe Auro is currently the better player. I can accept some mistakes from Kosi, Kaye is looking like a poor man's Delgado though.

He's still getting settled in. Give him some time.

But also, he's been pretty good this game already ...

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:44 PM
Bradley has been so good today.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 07:45 PM
Holy shit Bradley????

jloome
Soooo.... Bradley's one of those tennis players who looks shit when he plays with a hack, and like Djokovic when he plays with pros.

His Dad almost cracked a smile there. Almost.

MikeForbes
Bradley has been so good today.

Finally! A good jinx!

Richard
07-23-2022, 07:46 PM
Bradley must have drank from the fountain of youth.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 07:46 PM
He's still getting settled in. Give him some time.

But also, he's been pretty good this game already ...

Happy to be proven wrong. Nice one touch pass from Kaye.

tfcfans
07-23-2022, 07:47 PM
Wow.....just wow....

James17930
07-23-2022, 07:48 PM
Okay, hell hath frozen over.

Amir.
Where the haters at
where the haters at
where the haters at
michael bradley balling on them

Bobo
Sell JJ and put Bradley at CF.

MikeForbes
Also, that pass from Insigne was bonkers. The "Play the Kids" Twitter movement in the mud.

jloome
07-23-2022, 07:49 PM
Luke Wileman, master of understatement.
"Eight Minutes Added on. Charlotte will wish it was less."

tfcfans
07-23-2022, 07:50 PM
The adults have entered the room..now to continue this on Tuesday.....:scarf:

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 07:51 PM
13 mins over?

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:51 PM
That was a beyond dominant half.

Kamp Berg
07-23-2022, 07:52 PM
Beating Vancouver is not looking as hard

Bobo
07-23-2022, 07:53 PM
Bob even said "thanks" at the end of his HT interview, he really must be so thrilled right now.

ag futbol
07-23-2022, 07:54 PM
Well, I am admittedly out on the town and will have to watch this later tonight.

Suck it MLS. We are winning this year!

Webdogg
07-23-2022, 07:55 PM
Need to sub off everyone they can. Save LI calf

stevep
07-23-2022, 07:56 PM
Is it possible to be in last place and first in mls power rankings?

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:57 PM
It surely is unsustainable but holy freaking amaze balls I've never seen an MLS team be that dominant.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 07:57 PM
3 subs working hard at the half. Nelson, Henry and Kerr

rydermike
07-23-2022, 07:58 PM
Is it possible to be in last place and first in mls power rankings?
:lol:

But exactly this

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 08:00 PM
All the Italians coming off at the half by the looks of things.

mowe
07-23-2022, 08:01 PM
Need to sub off everyone they can. Save LI calf
Yeah we got a cup final in 3 days. Giving Insigne and Bernie their moment in the second half would be nice but no point risking it.

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:02 PM
Whitecaps about to complain to the Canadian Soccer Association about why the fi al wasn't last week

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:04 PM
Fine with both DPs coming off. Is it bad that I still think we might end up drawing now though?

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:06 PM
Fine with both DPs coming off. Is it bad that I still think we might end up drawing now though?
I'd have left them for another 5-10 minutes, just to ensure that Charlotte's confidence was completely shattered and so they could get standing Os

jloome
07-23-2022, 08:06 PM

Nah, I think we all have that fear. Maybe the kids will feed off the energy and just release the damn ball more quickly. Half the time it's their indecisiveness that kills us.

Richard
07-23-2022, 08:07 PM
Ugh, not the kids again.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:09 PM
Imagine this time last year when everyone was getting so horny to play Canadians? Now the crowd is upset to see them coming on.

Bobo
07-23-2022, 08:09 PM
Feels like it's midnight and TFC turned back into the pumpkin.

Richard
07-23-2022, 08:12 PM
Imagine this time last year when everyone was getting so horny to play Canadians? Now the crowd is upset to see them coming on.

We couldn't have taken them off at 50 minutes at least? They should have been given an ovation at least, along with Henry coming back too.

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:13 PM
We replaced two guys whose country didn't make the world cup (Insigne and Bernie) with two guys who get call-ups to a world cup team (Henry and Nelson). We should be even better this half right? Lol

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:17 PM
Henry has looked good though 5. Nelson is back to headless chicken energy and Kerr hasn't touched the ball yet.

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:18 PM
Grounds crew will only have to maintain one side of the field

jloome
07-23-2022, 08:19 PM
We're starting to look all Keystone Kops again.

Oso and Criscito both turning on the burners this hbalf purely to set the example.

OgtheDim
Nelson walking back as they attack.

Inklink
Back to regularly scheduled TFC playing style

Yuushalinsky
07-23-2022, 08:20 PM
Big concern until 70th minute as long as we don't concede

MikeForbes
Can we please score a 5th? The second half is scary.

jloome
Henry has looked good though 5. Nelson is back to headless chicken energy and Kerr hasn't touched the ball yet.

Nelson is truly bad at marking. He's never near enough his man to even pressure him, always drifting too far inside as if he might get an interception that just isn't coming.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:23 PM
Oso basically threatened to murder Nelson there.

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:23 PM
Jimimez back to having to play all three forward positions and CAM at the same time

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:25 PM
I don't understand why Shaff isn't seeing more minutes at LW.

rydermike
07-23-2022, 08:27 PM
LW is for the guy with the best hair flow. Once he got a haircut he lost his spot.

Bushmancan
07-23-2022, 08:27 PM
I love how the 35 year old Italian we we worried about is still on.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:28 PM

Even if they are trying to trade him, give him some minutes. He isn't perfect as a player, but he has some legit qualities.

jloome
07-23-2022, 08:30 PM
I love how the 35 year old Italian we we worried about is still on.

He looks twice as fit this game as last.

No way that's a clear and obvious penalty. His foot was in first.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:30 PM
Fuchs with an awful angle on that. Guys who lose their pace suffer from that.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:31 PM
Classic Doniel tackle.

tfcfans
A tackle that looks bad on one end leads to a frustrated Red Card at the other end....

jloome

Yeah, agreed. He overrates Jayden and underrates Shaff. But the three-year age difference maybe has something to do with it, more development upside. I think Shaff is a more effective player who makes better decisions, frankly, but he isn't much good coming inside, and that seems to be what the tactics are based around.

jloome
07-23-2022, 08:34 PM
Brian Edwards is a goalkeeping coach? Terrifying. Memories of that first goal in the 5-0 last day massacre in NY when all we needed was a point to make the playoffs (letting RSL in, who subsequently went all the way, making Bill Manning very grateful indeed. And there's some six degrees for you...)

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:37 PM
Yeah, agreed. He overrates Jayden and underrates Shaff. But the three-year age difference maybe has something to do with it, more development upside. I think Shaff is a more effective player who makes better decisions, frankly, but he isn't much good coming inside, and that seems to be what the tactics are based around.

Honestly, if we could sell Jayden to a European team for 2 million (roughly a million allocation) or give Shaff away to an MLS team for 400k allocation money, I'm taking option one 10/10 times. It would basically be Jayden Nelson for MAK.

Richard
07-23-2022, 08:40 PM
It would be a miracle if we keep the clean sheet.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:43 PM
It would be a miracle if we keep the clean sheet.

We will and immediately give Alex Bono a DP deal.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 08:44 PM
The back 4 has been ok but Nelson is a black hole defensivly

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:47 PM
The back 4 has been ok but Nelson is a black hole defensivly

The one thing I hope he learns from Insigne is work rate. He works so hard going forward and is Zlatan defensively.

James17930
07-23-2022, 08:52 PM
What happened to Kaye? I didn't see.

Inklink
07-23-2022, 08:53 PM
lmao Doniel never do that again

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:53 PM
So much to look forward to Tuesday and beyond. We are a RB and top CB away from success.

jloome
07-23-2022, 08:54 PM
What happened to Kaye? I didn't see.

Tight hamstring.

Richard
07-23-2022, 08:55 PM
Why is Ayo so gassed, looks like he can hardly run at all.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:56 PM

Too many pounds put on because of an ACL injury.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 08:57 PM
A sheet cleaned?

Bobo
07-23-2022, 08:58 PM
Clean sheet?!?!?!?!

Inklink
07-23-2022, 08:59 PM
Much need win, need plenty more! That 2nd half cleared the place out.

Frustrating to watch.

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 09:00 PM
That was a friggin' night to remember. We just cleaned a decent side out. Bernie with a banger, our oft maligned captain with a brace, Insigne with a masterful assist and Alex Bono had a clean sheet.

James17930
07-23-2022, 09:00 PM
Tight hamstring.

Thanks.

Richard
07-23-2022, 09:03 PM
This was the definition of Jekyll and Hyde. 5 star first half. 1 star second half.

jloome
07-23-2022, 09:04 PM
About time.

Damn, that felt good.

Insigne really stir the drink. Guy just sees the right pass every time. Bernadeschi was huge, Oso and Bradley were great. Defense was generally solid, even Kosi.

TFC/Everton
07-23-2022, 09:09 PM
That was incredible. Insigne and Bernardeschi bring out the best in the team.

The next 4 years are going to be so much fun.

TFC is back!

69Chevy396
07-23-2022, 09:12 PM
These players have just come off a gruelling year, in League and International play, but are well rested, and hungry. If you are going to bet on any game this year, that TFC scores 4 or more goals, this is the one.
I should have made that bet

MikeForbes
07-23-2022, 09:14 PM
Love you, guys. So many better nights are coming starting Tuesday.

PawTar711
07-23-2022, 09:14 PM
:scarf::scarf::scarf::flare::flare::flare::flare:: flare::flare::flare:That was a good game. Your right, our two international's did a great job. We need to continue to win like we did today in order to climb the ladder. I think we took Charlotte no problem, and thats why for the next game we will be playing new england. There are a plethora of games left in the season, you might as well say that things are still anew for new designated players that will score for you. So in turn, when your up on so many ggoals, you need to make sure to finish too.

wopchop
07-23-2022, 09:25 PM
Wow.
I believe.
If they can find a RB and a CB stud, this team is legit.

Areathrasher
07-23-2022, 09:32 PM
That was so much fun

Yuushalinsky
07-23-2022, 10:18 PM
Do not let Nelson near the left wing anymore

los sonadores
07-23-2022, 10:18 PM
At the stadium it was apparent how vocal Henry is. Constantly positioning Thompson for one thing. We need that for sure.

stevep
07-23-2022, 10:39 PM
All future game threads on this board
will all come down to one simple thing
everything else will be pretty irrelevant
this one thing will be answered by a simple
4 word question
the question is “are the Italians playing”

portu
07-23-2022, 10:57 PM
At the stadium it was apparent how vocal Henry is. Constantly positioning Thompson for one thing. We need that for sure.
Came to the board to say this.

What leader at the back Doneil was once he came in. He needs to start.

Ultra & Proud
07-23-2022, 10:58 PM
Do not let Nelson near the left wing anymore

I am generally pretty negative towards him but today I didn't think he was too bad.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 11:00 PM
Nelson doesn't track bac, has no defensive awareness & attempts to dribble more than a 9 month old with a sippy cup.

OgtheDim
07-23-2022, 11:02 PM
Pettrasso has a decent stint tonight.

Charlotte fans complaining about Henry tackles.

NK Toronto
07-23-2022, 11:20 PM
I thought McNaughton was the best defender tonight. I think the quality of his distribution is under rated. I would play him over Mavinga.

stevep
07-23-2022, 11:25 PM
I thought McNaughton was the best defender tonight. I think the quality of his distribution is under rated. I would play him over Mavinga.
Played really well. Totally solid cb

ensco
07-23-2022, 11:26 PM
Focusing on the first half only… Lot of in game formation stuff going on, obviously base was 4-3-3 but with Criscito often playing wingback and pushing up the field. He and Insigne are going to terrify people down the left side. Thompson also went forward a bit.

Also both Insigne and Fede were both extremely wide, generally. Operating on the touch line.

Mr. Inbetween
07-23-2022, 11:31 PM
Family Dinner...
In the back. Whose that? All big grin...

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1550605170085617664 (https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1550605170085617664)

The 'Iron Man'...
'O Captain, My Captain'...
A Puppet Master...
Michael 'Don Lucchesi' Bradley...
To those who had to go... 'It's not personal, it's only business'.
To those who remain... 'Our ships must all sail in the same direction'.
To the doubters... 'You understand Football? Italians are Footballers, Sports Directing is knowing who to cast'.

Memory of the match...
Wife cheering... Berlusconi scored! Berlusconi scored!

A wonderful evening at the game.
It's been a minute.

jloome
07-23-2022, 11:33 PM
Also both Insigne and Fede were both extremely wide, generally. Operating on the touch line.

This really flummoxed Charlotte, which had a three-man defensive triangle in the midfield closing on the position normally occupied by Bradley around the centre circle. But we kept tossing it wide and switching field quickly, doing the very things that defeat central blocks.

It wasn't just that they were technically pretty perfect, we were tactically so too for the first half.

los sonadores
07-23-2022, 11:50 PM
This really flummoxed Charlotte, which had a three-man defensive triangle in the midfield closing on the position normally occupied by Bradley around the centre circle. But we kept tossing it wide and switching field quickly, doing the very things that defeat central blocks.

It wasn't just that they were technically pretty perfect, we were tactically so too for the first half.

This was great to see.

DinamoTFC
07-24-2022, 12:06 AM
The difference in the entire team is so sudden it's mind blowing.

Really remarkable. Amazing first half. Best half in years. Second half we saw our old selves again. Players will improve some will have to go as they aren't quality enough. But boy oh boy what a treat having the Italians all playing together. Suddenly made all the players around them better too.

Richard
07-24-2022, 12:19 AM
Still can't get over Bradley scoring a flick on header, and also turning back the clock a few years with that run up middle to score was something else. These two Italians really got the teams adrenaline going.

Yohan
07-24-2022, 12:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1gt6f43Lj4&ab_channel=MajorLeagueSoccer

James17930
07-24-2022, 03:58 AM

So this brings us back to the 'is BB bad at coaching tactics or are the kids just unable to execute them' question.

leedsandTFC
07-24-2022, 04:30 AM
if insigne and bernardeschi remain fit for the rest of the season we have a real shot at not only making the playoffs, but having a real run at MLS cup.

that first half, where berna and insigne were still, in bob bradley's words, "a week into pre season" was close if not better than anything any MLS team has produced all year.

the potential when these guys are up to speed and able to go for 90 is almost frightening.

Gringo Starr
07-24-2022, 06:55 AM
I almost forgot that MBradley was capable of smiling, that was a great night from him-looked totally rejuvenated. With Fede its just so nice to have someone willing and capable of taking shots from range.

Gringo Starr
07-24-2022, 07:01 AM

I was surprised by that but yeah from the south end you could really see him taking charge of that. Thought he put in a strong half. I am also glad that a sellout crowd came out just to see his return game

ensco
07-24-2022, 07:27 AM
I am also glad that a sellout crowd came out just to see his return game

I actually came to see Kaye's home debut- which got completely lost in the hoopla italiano.

I figured the chances of the Italians actually seeing the field were only 50/50.