PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 19 - San Jose @ TFC Sat July 9 7:38pm - Tonight...

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-03-2022, 09:16 PM
So let's set the world on fire
We can burn brighter than the sun

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sv6dMFF_yts

Have at It People

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 08:04 AM
^ This game and week is much more ominous and Deep for me.

We have the same amount of points as the Earthquakes?
And they have a game in hand?
Whiskey, Tango, Foxtrot!
We are at a...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5huLO-9i3Y

Kamp Berg
07-04-2022, 08:34 AM
Thank God that there is no mid-week game this week. The 7th can’t come fast enough.

Really looking forward to this game, even if just Criscito is ready.

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 09:52 AM
For any of those whom may remember them summer beach days in Europe of some time ago...
When and for which 'the music of the 80's officially then became 80s' music'...

The band that gave us this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy2MqQ_uNIY

And this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sTsVJ1PsnMs

And of note this...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d63zhQZDQeo

The latter which, actually co-written by a Juve fan, gave us the melody for one of the worlds better football chants...

First by the tifosi of L'Aquila... and a tie to the MLS Earthquakes cause of the 09 earthquake that hit that Italian city...
https://www.facebook.com/TifoTV/videos/1054268504618684/

Which then lead to this version elevated by those of Napoli in Curva to the rest of the world...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvVGkaz45SM

Forever strengthening the bond of supporters to players; particularly 'Il Magnifico'!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k2k6zUHgs-U

Who cannot sing!

This is the story of 'Un Giorno All'Improvviso' aka 'Allez, Allez, Allez.

MikeForbes
07-04-2022, 10:53 AM
I assume Insigne comes off the bench. That seems to be what every manager ever does with their big signings that arrive midseason. Plus, his fitness levels probably aren't quite there yet. Criscito could be 50/50 to start.

MightyDM
07-04-2022, 09:04 PM
Insigne starts of his calf is good is my guess. They are end of season fit. And if we still have Salcedo, Cristico at LB. If Salcedo is gone, assume it’s LB w Mavinga and ONeill. But really hard to say.

OgtheDim
07-04-2022, 09:09 PM
They were saying "festivities start at 715"

This is beginning to remind me of the "take every single opportunity to celebrate the 2017 cup win" thinking.

I get the welcome.

I get the "have them come out at half time" thing.

But...pre game festivities because its their first opportunity to play?!?!?!

MightyDM
07-04-2022, 09:28 PM
Agree Og. Toronto doesn’t actually know how to win. (Not the players the front office).

Blindside16
07-05-2022, 01:06 AM
They were saying "festivities start at 715"

This is beginning to remind me of the "take every single opportunity to celebrate the 2017 cup win" thinking.

I get the welcome.

I get the "have them come out at half time" thing.

But...pre game festivities because its their first opportunity to play?!?!?!

To be fair they have said that pre-game festivities start at...... prior to every match this season

Blindside16
07-05-2022, 01:09 AM
I am really hoping for a win here, not just for the points but to be able to get through an entire game thread without having to filter through our resident Statler and Waldorf's negativity everytime they drop points

Mr. Inbetween
07-05-2022, 03:38 AM
I am really hoping for a win here... without having to filter through our resident Statler and Waldorf's negativity every time they drop points

Ha! Statler & Waldorf! Brillant mate, simply brilliant! :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

That Was Wonderful!... Bravo!...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpYEJx7PkWE

Kamp Berg
07-05-2022, 06:50 AM
I am really hoping for a win here, not just for the points but to be able to get through an entire game thread without having to filter through our resident Statler and Waldorf's negativity everytime they drop points

That’s not really a fair assessment, S&W had some good jokes!

Yuushalinsky
07-05-2022, 07:10 AM
I just want to see the lads play with the same confidence and energy they did two weeks ago, none of this lazy track-back BS.

Canary10
07-05-2022, 09:12 AM
Have there been any training ground pics of Insigne? Not to play armchair doctor, but he looked to me to be slightly limping when he was introduced. I'm somewhat skeptical that he gets any minutes on Saturday.

Ultra & Proud
07-05-2022, 09:33 AM
Have there been any training ground pics of Insigne? Not to play armchair doctor, but he looked to me to be slightly limping when he was introduced. I'm somewhat skeptical that he gets any minutes on Saturday.
I don't think he will be in the line up this weekend. Not sure they're going to force anything if he isn't real close to 100%.

Canary10
07-05-2022, 09:47 AM
I don't think he will be in the line up this weekend. Not sure they're going to force anything if he isn't real close to 100%.

Yeah that's my thinking.

noxx98
07-05-2022, 10:37 AM
https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1544339063662149633
Insigne training with the team. I think he plays on Saturday. There's been too much hype for him not to, unless his leg is broken.

EDIT: Singh and Molinaro clarify that he's working out on his own, but outside with the team.

Joe Kool
07-05-2022, 11:56 AM
Maybe he will come on for the last 30....I agree about the hype train already rolling so there will be management pressure to have him take part in some way.

Yuushalinsky
07-05-2022, 03:38 PM
welp time to throw all our usual lineups out the window

Ultra & Proud
07-05-2022, 03:59 PM
No idea what to make of this match. Just going to go, have a few beers, and enjoy the show.

MikeForbes
07-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Now they can trot Bernardeschi out there at half to wave and appease the Italian crowd if Insigne can't play.

OgtheDim
07-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Tickets are going to be going at a premium for this one...

Hala Hrvatska
07-06-2022, 06:49 AM

Had they not dumped the legend Poz out, and it was certain Insigne was playing, would have been definitely a premium.

Anyways, with my luck, Poz is gone and Insigne might not play...oh well, will drink overpriced beer to drown the pain...lol.

CHeers.

wireinsider
07-06-2022, 08:53 AM
Bosingwa to TFC

Red CB Toronto
07-06-2022, 09:09 AM

Well it certainly was easier to sell tickets for a decent price for this game than other this season so far. This is the one game I can not be at, down south for work in some sweet Alabama heat. I think it is 50/50 Lorenzo sees the pitch. Have to wait and see how the rest of the week goes on the training pitch I guess.

Hala Hrvatska
07-06-2022, 09:44 AM
Any latest word on Insigne? Has he trained today with the team?

jloome
07-06-2022, 11:35 AM
No idea what to make of this match. Just going to go, have a few beers, and enjoy the show.

He’ll have been training with them for four days. I have to figure he starts, but who knows.

Is Chung still injured? Still think he’s looked better at right back than Kosi, not that either should be starting.

MikeForbes
07-06-2022, 11:59 AM
No Insigne Saturday.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1544722134701903873?s=20&t=_Ope3agEEJvcNDA1xPSYNA

Yuushalinsky
07-06-2022, 12:00 PM
He’ll have been training with them for four days. I have to figure he starts, but who knows.

Is Chung still injured? Still think he’s looked better at right back than Kosi, not that either should be starting.

At risk of being clowned, is JMR not a viable option to at the very least start?

Hala Hrvatska
07-06-2022, 12:01 PM
No Insigne Saturday.

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1544722134701903873?s=20&t=_Ope3agEEJvcNDA1xPSYNA

damn.

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2022, 12:06 PM
Since Salcedo is training with he team today I assume he starts Saturday and that he is putting in the miles and showing some dedication. Obviously we are trying to help him out with his move for family and it's not a 'he doesn't fit' scenario.

jloome
07-06-2022, 12:15 PM
Since Salcedo is training with he team today I assume he starts Saturday and that he is putting in the miles and showing some dedication. Obviously we are trying to help him out with his move for family and it's not a 'he doesn't fit' scenario.

My guess is that he is done playing for us, however.

We shall see. I suspect these are family health issues that will provide a continual distraction, forcing him to underperform.

The first goal against Seattle, where he was beaten on the touch line, was defending that wouldn’t have been acceptable in high school, let alone for a professional.

Kamp Berg
07-06-2022, 12:30 PM

We shall see. I suspect these are family health issues that will provide a continual distraction, forcing him to underperform.

The first goal against Seattle, where he was beaten on the touch line, was defending that wouldn’t have been acceptable in high school, let alone for a professional.

From what Molinaro said, Salcedo’s wife has been in Mexico since recently giving birth, and he’s been in Toronto, alone. Plus Bob made mention of Salcedo being a ‘family man’ in a recent presser.

stevep
07-06-2022, 12:33 PM
damn.

man they make a fool of the poeple

Hala Hrvatska
07-06-2022, 12:37 PM
man they make a fool of the poeple

Yup, ticket prices got jacked up in anticipation on secondary market and now he won't play for weeks.

Oh well, had my tickets long ago (in on seasons with a buddy) and no difference to me...and maybe I can still see him pregame to take a few pics with my son and his buddies.

Yuushalinsky
07-06-2022, 12:39 PM
woohoo time to stay home - it'll also give me time to fit my bike with a light so I can just bike to BMO without feeling like I'll crash into someone.

Ultra & Proud
07-06-2022, 01:00 PM

Oh yeah he is gone for sure. I just mean it takes some comitment to fly back and forth weekly (for 2 weeks so far anyway). Most players in his position would go there and stay there until the deal was done no matter how short the team might be. As for his play, yeah it wasn't great last weekend and I don't expect it will be this weekend when adding in extra travel, stress. etc.

ag futbol
07-06-2022, 01:41 PM
Oh yeah he is gone for sure. I just mean it takes some comitment to fly back and forth weekly (for 2 weeks so far anyway). Most players in his position would go there and stay there until the deal was done no matter how short the team might be. As for his play, yeah it wasn't great last weekend and I don't expect it will be this weekend when adding in extra travel, stress. etc.
Yeah, I’m in this boat too. Can’t blame the guy, he’s trying. He’s has generally been better in recent months too until this family stuff cropped up.

Joe Kool
07-06-2022, 02:07 PM

Not defending him in any way but the whole back line was suspect on that one right from when the player received the diagonal ball until the goal. Each one of them on the backline had an opportunity to break up that play if I recall.

Hala Hrvatska
07-06-2022, 02:16 PM
Not defending him in any way but the whole back line was suspect on that one right from when the player received the diagonal ball until the goal. Each one of them on the backline had an opportunity to break up that play if I recall.

Agreed, it was a comedy of errors leading to it.

From the long ball by the Seattle keeper that someone on Seatttle easily beat Thompsopn to flick it on...to Salecdo getting torched and committing when he sould have jockeyed...to then no help from anyone else (no idea where Oneil and Mavinga were) to then Petrasso just letting his man get in front and tap it in....a team breakdown.

The second Seattle goal was similar off a long free kick that JMR? let his man control it and off Seattle went in one or two passes slicing up the entire d....

I think the only one not culpable on that play was Westburgh, nothing he could do from that close...he had to shut down the Seattle winger from shooting...but then the pass came in for an easy tap in.....nothing he could do there.

OgtheDim
07-06-2022, 05:23 PM
No Insigne, no Poz.

This could be ugly

jloome
07-06-2022, 05:29 PM
No Insigne, no Poz.

This could be ugly

Or we could win 3-0. San Jose is also fairly shit at the back with lots of young talent.

MikeForbes
07-06-2022, 05:56 PM
Gonna say it is a 1-1 draw. Criscito scores from the spot.

SarniaTFC
07-06-2022, 05:59 PM
Unbelievable the amount of people off loading tickets now because one player isn’t playing. Ticket prices jacked through the roof and now going cheap as chips. Not how football fans should be.

Richard
07-06-2022, 06:54 PM
Unbelievable the amount of people off loading tickets now because one player isn’t playing. Ticket prices jacked through the roof and now going cheap as chips. Not how football fans should be.

Scalpers going scalp...and now holding the bag. g:D

Kamp Berg
07-06-2022, 07:17 PM
Assuming only the only new player available is Criscito and Bradley returns to the 4-3-3:

Westberg
Thompson—Salcedo—Mavinga—Criscito
Priso—Bradley—Osorio
Kerr?—Jimenez—Nelson

DavemTFC
07-06-2022, 07:50 PM
Assuming only the only new player available is Criscito and Bradley returns to the 4-3-3:

Westberg
Thompson—Salcedo—Mavinga—Criscito
Priso—Bradley—Osorio
Kerr?—Jimenez—Nelson

I think it'll be O'Neill at RCB, JMR at RB and Thompson in midfield. Would rather Priso start but Kosi looks like one of BB's favourites and midfield is his natural and better position

stevep
07-06-2022, 08:08 PM
The season should be over by next Saturday on Montreal

ag futbol
07-06-2022, 08:21 PM
Scalpers going scalp...and now holding the bag. g:D
Let’s hope so. I would have a bad taste in my mouth about this if a lot of regular people (which I’m sure there are) are feeling hard done by.

Let’s call a spade a spade here. LI’s injury has been around for about a month, the club could have been a lot more up front with people. Instead, they just decided to jam their hand into everyone’s pockets and take what they could.

los sonadores
07-06-2022, 11:49 PM
Let’s hope so. I would have a bad taste in my mouth about this if a lot of regular people (which I’m sure there are) are feeling hard done by.

Let’s call a spade a spade here. LI’s injury has been around for about a month, the club could have been a lot more up front with people. Instead, they just decided to jam their hand into everyone’s pockets and take what they could.

So true.

Mr. Inbetween
07-07-2022, 05:40 AM

This comment is very fair.
Particularly, as I, like many others, saw with our eyes, the organization highlight his 'debut' .
I noted it during several half-time intermissions of prior games on the stadium's j-tron.
Not nice!
Stomp.
Not nice!
:nono:

PizzaEatingYeti
07-07-2022, 06:24 AM

In Toronto (pop = 4.5 million?) the real football supporters number for the local team is at best equal with the real football supporters number from any European, Central or South American town with a population of about 250,000, which have a 1st or 2nd division team.
It is sad, and I don't know how many more decades will need to pass until the situation will change in better.

PS: of course is the same (or worse) situation in the whole Canada and the USA, if we look at the different MLS markets.

OgtheDim
07-07-2022, 06:36 AM
In Toronto (pop = 4.5 million?) the real football fan's number is at best equal with the real football fan's number from any European, Central or South American town with a population of about 250,000.
It is sad, and I don't know how many more decades will need to pass until the situation will change in better.

The definition of real football fan in a European or Central or South American town is of support to the local team.

That is not true in Toronto for most real football fans because they did not grow up here, with a team.

It doesn't make those people less of a football fan.

All this is changing though.

Our average attendance is 23k. Every section is more then half full. People in this town want to go out to this sport & see this team in that stadium. They enjoy themselves there.

For those who only see the games on TV, you can't spot the amount of people enjoying themselves after a game - its a VERY young crowd still and the amount of grumpy "dang we lost" people is waaaaay less then what online discussions would indicate.

It is REALLY hard to stand in the south surrounded by people from all over the GTA who come from all over the world who bring their kids to the south & not think this game is growing in this town.

On another note, if our definition of "support = being blindingly upset after a loss", that's not the Toronto way - we support the team and wish they would win but by and large reject the idea of "losing = being grumpy". I think that is way healthier, to be honest, especially in these covid days.

Mr. Inbetween
07-07-2022, 06:50 AM
especially in these covid days.

Maken the comeback! The compromised still be dying. No joke!

Oldtimer
07-07-2022, 09:58 AM
buying season seats to TFC is a mugs game
you can buy tickets at half the cost of season seats price a day before the game

Except if TFC advances in the playoffs. People were paying thousands of dollars a ticket to scalpers to be there for the MLS Cup final. But if you don't mind watching the playoffs on TV and just want to watch a few regular season games live I'd tend to agree.

stevep
07-07-2022, 10:50 AM
Except if TFC advances in the playoffs. People were paying thousands of dollars a ticket to scalpers to be there for the MLS Cup final. But if you don't mind watching the playoffs on TV and just want to watch a few regular season games live I'd tend to agree.
Disagree. I had really good season seats in 2017
mls cup I could not get my seats
I was kicked out to the nose bleeds in 226
at most my profit for these maybe $300 for the pair

rydermike
07-07-2022, 07:20 PM

He played 60 minutes with Toronto FC II on the weekend, so fitness wise he should be okay to play at least one half. Whether Bob rates him quality wise is the question

Kamp Berg
07-08-2022, 11:09 AM
Singh reported that Salcedo is missing from training today.

jloome
07-08-2022, 11:11 AM
Singh reported that Salcedo is missing from training today.

Yup, he’s done. Juarez being announced tomorrow would be my guess.

Kamp Berg
07-08-2022, 11:13 AM
Yup, he’s done. Juarez being announced tomorrow would be my guess.

Hopefully this leads to a major addition in defence. A vocal leader would be preferred.

glaze
07-08-2022, 06:13 PM
If Rogers doesnt fix things by tommorow there may not be a game. Weeknd just cancelled a concert tonite. I assume other events are the same. I cant see this still being an issue tommorow night, but we'll see.

OgtheDim
07-08-2022, 06:53 PM
If Rogers doesn't fix things by tomorrow there may not be a game. Weeknd just cancelled a concert tonite. I assume other events are the same. I cant see this still being an issue tommorow night, but we'll see.

Would be surprised if BMO field requires functional Rogers wifi to operate everything like the SkyDome does.

But if it is down, possible issues - the handheld scanners for tickets & taking any payments.

MikeForbes
07-08-2022, 06:55 PM
Crazy to me that Rogers has been down for this long.

Auzzy
07-08-2022, 07:32 PM
Even bigger issue I see, if Rogers isn't fully working again tomorrow:

Many people just show their tickets live from the app on their phone, which requires Internet access. Anyone on Rogers will be SOOL if they're still down tomorrow. The problem is not just with the scanners, but that many people won't be able to show their tickets. Otherwise they could theoretically just eyeball the ticket on your phone w/o the scanners. There's not going to be that much demand for TFC vs San Jose w/o Insigne, that a ton of people would go to the lengths of having a reasonable fake electronic ticket on their phone. (That's different for a sold-out indoor Weeknd concert.)

If you haven't already: get your tickets into your Google Pay or your Apple Pay on your phone, wherever you have Internet. Reduce the potential hassle tomorrow. I just set up and used Google Pay for the first time, and transferred the tickets to it, using my Internet at work. Google Pay also wanted me to add my credit card, which I tried. But it failed in the last step, of course because Rogers is down. (Problem is perhaps either the connection to CIBC, or to some other payment provider that is involved with this and is dependent on Rogers.)

I'm happy though, because my TFC tickets still appear in Google Pay and they work, w/o me having to add a payment card -- which I really didn't want to anyway.

stevep
07-08-2022, 08:32 PM
Who the fuck is Juarez?
i google the name it get s the name of some retired fucker

Mr. Inbetween
07-08-2022, 09:07 PM
Rogers absent.

Juarez is a Liga MX team.

ronzilla
07-08-2022, 09:20 PM
Looks like its working now.

Mr. Inbetween
07-09-2022, 01:54 AM
Looks like its working now.

Yep. Lost it around 5AM yesterday morning.
Spent an hour trying to figure out what I had done/what happened.
TV was working; Rogers.
Only to eventually learn from the fact my Rogers phone wasn't even working,
and then with the early morning news,
that the problem wasn't mine alone.
Service returned around 9PM.

Mr. Inbetween
07-09-2022, 02:01 AM
Interesting to see if MarkThEWizz makes his debut.

stevep
07-09-2022, 10:34 AM
Reviewing all seasons going back to 2018
7th place teams were mostly at 48 points
If tfc loses tonight need ti average 2pts/game the remainder of the season to get to 48 points

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 10:57 AM
Will be interesting to see the lineup tonight!

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 11:28 AM
Will be interesting to see the lineup tonight!

You say interested, I say scared.

Hala Hrvatska
07-09-2022, 11:29 AM

lol

#metoo

Hala Hrvatska
07-09-2022, 11:32 AM
Reviewing all seasons going back to 2018
7th place teams were mostly at 48 points
If tfc loses tonight need ti average 2pts/game the remainder of the season to get to 48 points

No way that's happening if that's the case. If we lose tonight, we drop even below a single point a game average after 19 games. Sitting on 18 points after 18 games. Horrific. We could be dead last in the East after this weekend.

PawTar711
07-09-2022, 02:16 PM
Com on you reds!!!! I think that t he season is still long and its just begun as a back and forth beetween winning. If you argued theres alot of home games coming up, you might wonder that San Jose also had a poor start where you might not know Toronto FC's culture. Because, if culture is what we need to bring to the table, then lets go and do things Europeaingly!!! as A european too, you cna argue that its time to win again!:scarf::flare::drum:

FootBallAZ
07-09-2022, 02:30 PM
5 home games after tonight

40% increase for 5 games lol

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 03:20 PM

Yeah, I hear ya. But if MAK is available?

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 03:23 PM
Yeah, I hear ya. But if MAK is available?

That would definitely improve our chances. Have we heard anything on his potential availability?

noxx98
07-09-2022, 03:29 PM
Kaye posted an Instagram story from 4 hours ago that looks like it’s in Colorado. Probably a lot to ask for him to be ready to play with us within 24 hours.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 03:31 PM
That would definitely improve our chances. Have we heard anything on his potential availability?

Nope, not a peep. Without him does look pretty weak, I was really just trying to stay positive, lol.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 04:04 PM
Atleast we can slow drip our new signings. Criscito tonight, MAK Wednesday, Insigne and hopefully Bernie on the 23rd.

noxx98
07-09-2022, 05:49 PM
Stadium is already busy. Great night. Let’s have some fun

gracos
07-09-2022, 05:56 PM
Could it be possible Criscito and MAK make their debuts tonight??

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 06:01 PM
Could it be possible Criscito and MAK make their debuts tonight??

Tweet out there of Criscito signing autographs on his way in...

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 06:05 PM
Mimmo starts. The rest... Yeah.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1545901672559529986?s=20&t=IZ6rvAzyQ15GuXugw42BBQ

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 06:06 PM
heavy concern with a grand total of 0 DPs and basically all of the youths playing.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 06:08 PM
Chung and MacNaughton seem nailed to the bench. Got a feeling both may be back in the CPL next year.

gracos
07-09-2022, 06:10 PM
Another few tough games ahead at this point I really want the CanCL championship everything else is going to be a learning experience so still a few tough games ahead

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 06:10 PM
heavy concern with a grand total of 0 DPs and basically all of the youths playing.

Petrasso
Thompson
Kerr
Nelson

That looks like a 4-3-3 - Kerr as mid.

Pre game show on TSN, FWIW.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 06:12 PM

Petrasso
Thompson
Kerr
Nelson

That looks like a 4-3-3 - Kerr as mid.

Pre game show on TSN, FWIW.

How do people feel about Thompson so far anyways - I haven't been impressed.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 06:18 PM
You tried.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 06:18 PM
How do people feel about Thompson so far anyways - I haven't been impressed.

I was impressed early on, however teams are isolating and exposing him now. I would rather see JMR get a run of games at RB.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 06:20 PM
You tried.

Ya basically on Thompson

[insert gattuso gif here]

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 06:47 PM
I was impressed early on, however teams are isolating and exposing him now. I would rather see JMR get a run of games at RB.

JMR definitely shows the most defensive acumen, strange he’s not getting starts.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 06:51 PM
JMR definitely shows the most defensive acumen, strange he’s not getting starts.

I have a feeling his thigh is still tweaked somewhat which is why we're mostly seeing him in second half.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 06:53 PM
I have a feeling his thigh is still tweaked somewhat which is why we're mostly seeing him in second half.

That makes sense, he’s been quite reserved.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 06:54 PM
We desperately need atleast a point here. If we can grind that out without a single DP, I think we should be celebrating.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 06:56 PM
We desperately need atleast a point here. If we can grind that out without a single DP, I think we should be celebrating.

Yep, every point counts now.

Bushmancan
07-09-2022, 06:57 PM
No protest tonight

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:00 PM
Mimmo already the GOAT out there.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:02 PM
Why is Kerr a winger and Nelson a CM?...

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:02 PM
Mimmo already the GOAT out there.
Man, you can see the dude's quality immediately, helping break down that press.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:03 PM
Why is Kerr a winger and Nelson a CM?...

Speed of pressure. He's there to press them in danger areas when they first receive the ball, force turnovers.

Bushmancan
07-09-2022, 07:05 PM
More uptempo and direct tonight

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:07 PM
Speed of pressure. He's there to press them in danger areas when they first receive the ball, force turnovers.

True, but both players have shown they are better at the opposite positions. I have had issues with both, but Nelson is fast and is a decent presser. Kerr is a progressive passer and seems to be quicker to process the game.

True, but both players have shown they are better at the opposite positions. I have had issues with both, but Nelson is fast and is a decent presser. Kerr is a progressive passer and seems to be quicker to process the game

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:08 PM
Oh look...we have a LB.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:12 PM
True, but both players have shown they are better at the opposite positions. I have had issues with both, but Nelson is fast and is a decent presser. Kerr is a progressive passer and seems to be quicker to process the game

He probably looks at how they're likely to be used during the rest of the season and figures Petrasso is the late sub, because of his defensive qualities. SO he'll play high on the left more often than Jayden.

As they need him to continue to learn, putting him in occasional other roles, like this one, lets him concentrate in a game environment on pressing, marking, tackling. Plus, San Jose is quick in the middle.
Just a guess.

EDIT: Seems they've switched now.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:14 PM
You know who I of dumped a lot of GAM into outside of Kaye? Jackson Yueill.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:15 PM
He probably looks at how they're likely to be used during the rest of the season and figures Petrasso is the late sub, because of his defensive qualities. SO he'll play high on the left more often than Jayden.

As they need him to continue to learn, putting him in occasional other roles, like this one, lets him concentrate in a game environment on pressing, marking, tackling. Plus, San Jose is quick in the middle.
Just a guess.

EDIT: Seems they've switched now.

Does seem they are inter changing.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:17 PM
Only 20 minutes, but Criscito's technical ability is above and beyond.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:19 PM
Priso in the house.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 07:20 PM
Wonder what Priso is thinking watching the game from the stands.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:22 PM

Definitely wondering if he can get sold to Arsenal on paper to give the Rapids some GAM like Auston Trusty.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:23 PM
Colorado would have to say some awfully sweet things to make it feel good, I imagine.

He was going to be playing Lorenzo Insigne and now he's moving to Denver, where he's competing with guys for time the same as here, at a club with less ambition and resources.

RealG-TFC
07-09-2022, 07:23 PM
Yupp, no surprise

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:24 PM
So much possession, no chances created. And that's what happens. Did MB just let him go there?

notthesun
07-09-2022, 07:24 PM
Awful ball from Mavinga, and he was doing well so far too... sigh

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Sorry, people.

I was just thinking our defence looking good but a Mavinga brain fart could change all that.

I wished that into existence.

MikeForbes
Help us MAK. We literally only have two midfielders on the roster and one is like 60.

Bobo
Is Ebobisse the most underrated player in modern MLS?

Inebriatti are loud but offer no value other than noise.

Not sure what this means, but I'd say that's plenty of value already. BMO would be a graveyard otherwise.

Soccerpro
lol@ Shane O'Neil - leave your man wide open as the last defender to step to an opponent who has two defenders on either side of him? Why not.

Idiots.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:26 PM
So much possession, no chances created. And that's what happens. Did MB just let him go there?

He just stopped running. If we get another DP outside of Bernie it needs to be a 6.

Soccerpro
07-09-2022, 07:27 PM

Our CM has been an absolute black hole defensively this year. Even if we had a guy like Sam Piette on the roster, I feel like BB would still play MB over him for some crazy reason.

Bushmancan
07-09-2022, 07:29 PM
Is Ebobisse the most underrated player in modern MLS?

Not sure what this means, but I'd say that's plenty of value already. BMO would be a graveyard otherwise.

Pressed save a bit early. Would be a lot louder if they can get more involved. Just saying

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:29 PM
Our CM has been an absolute black hole defensively this year. Even if we had a guy like Sam Piette on the roster, I feel like BB would still play MB over him for some crazy reason.

Come on man, that's not fair, the dude is averaging two tackles a game, which is respectable. He just has moments where's it's obvious he's a 34-yr-old number eight, not a defensive midfielder.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:31 PM
Hmmm....a lot to go around that was bad on that goal but in general MB can't keep up and thus spatial awareness is really something that needs to get better.

Soccerpro
07-09-2022, 07:32 PM
Come on man, that's not fair, the dude is averaging two tackles a game, which is respectable. He just has moments where's it's obvious he's a 34-yr-old number eight, not a defensive midfielder.

From game #1 where FC Dallas drove through our CM in waives it was obvious we needed a CDM. Kaye will be a nice addition, but we still need a CDM. If MB is still out there jogging around in a few weeks, it's over for 2022 TFC.

NK Toronto
Thompson is having a horrific game.

TFCDP
Inebriatti are loud but offer no value other than noise.

Are you joking? What a strange thing to say.

James17930
07-09-2022, 07:33 PM
From game #1 where FC Dallas drove through our CM in waives it was obvious we needed a CDM. Kaye will be a nice addition, but we still need a CDM. If MB is still out there jogging around in a few weeks, it's over for 2022 TFC.

Have to think he's going to retire after this year and join the coaching staff.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:35 PM
I think that was Oso arguing that a) he tripped himself and b) you haven't given us a call all game.

EDIT: Even-up call there.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:35 PM
I remember when this ref came in it was all "oooo....look at the Euro based guy joining PRO"

He's barely better then Petrascu.

NK Toronto
07-09-2022, 07:36 PM
We are creating nothing. Hopefully Bradley brings on Akinola sooner rather than later. He hasn't looked good lately but is all we got.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:36 PM
I think Bradley has improved from last year, but if we bought Yueill and combined him with Kaye and Oso, we are getting awfully close to that 2016 Oso/Marky/MB midfield that have opposing midfields fits.

stevep
07-09-2022, 07:37 PM
Really exciting first half so far

Soccerpro
Jayden Nelson with his classic decision making in front of the opposition goal.

OgtheDim
Jayden "takes an extra touch and loses the ball" Nelson

I get it with the potential but you can see Osorio screaming at him & Kerr to move the ball quicker.

rydermike
Nelson needed to give that to Oso. Play the way you face. Your back is to goal, lay it off to the guy who is actually looking at the net.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:38 PM
I remember when this ref came in it was all "oooo....look at the Euro based guy joining PRO"

He's barely better then Petrascu.

You're thinking of the Irish dude. Bazakos is from Phoenix and only ever ref'd in USL before MLS. ANd he's terrible, always has been.

jloome
07-09-2022, 07:40 PM
Have we put a shot on net yet? It's 41 minutes in.

So much short passing, so little danger. Pull some guys out of position, put a shot on the goalie. Jesus H.

Soccerpro
07-09-2022, 07:40 PM
Kosi Thompson absolutely sucks now.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:41 PM
Nelson needed to give that to Oso. Play the way you face. Your back is to goal, lay it off to the guy who is actually looking at the net.

Nelson is the most frustrating player in TFC history, I think. You can tell there is an elite player there. But, he needs to process the game so much quicker.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:42 PM
How did he miss?! What a block.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:42 PM
Kerr when he doesn't have to think is pretty good.

Soccerpro
07-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Nelson is the most frustrating player in TFC history, I think. You can tell there is an elite player there. But, he needs to process the game so much quicker.

It doesn't seem possible to see a young player make the exact same mistakes every single week and seemingly never learn from them.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Go on De'Andre. Putting in that work.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 07:45 PM
Bradley with the honest half time interview. Seems to want the ball on the ground.

Ultra & Proud
07-09-2022, 07:46 PM
Kosi Thompson absolutely sucks now.

I blame myself. I said he was pretty good a few weeks ago and that did him in

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 07:47 PM
Not bad, except for the usual brain farts. Hopefully we see the end of that when the rest of the new arrivals are here. Criscito is no joke.

Bobo
07-09-2022, 07:50 PM
The buildup is about as good as anyone could've expected with the personnel out there.

Not surprised by Criscito's start, though, he's always been a high-IQ player. But even when he was arguably Italy's best left-back, he wasn't very athletic. Now at 35, his lack of pace and engine is obvious. Zero recovery speed.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 07:50 PM
I blame myself. I said he was pretty good a few weeks ago and that did him in
A few weeks ago he was playing RM, where he should be. He's natural there. I feel like at RB he's always thinking should I be here, is this the right move. So even on simple plays he's probably always partially distracted wondering if he's where he should be.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 07:51 PM
It doesn't seem possible to see a young player make the exact same mistakes every single week and seemingly never learn from them.

It sucks because he can be an impact sub after Insigne and Bernie arrive. He just needs to process the game so much quicker.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 07:57 PM
painful goal. paiiiin. another brain fart, another defensive breakdown.

Inklink
07-09-2022, 07:59 PM
Insigne looking pissy taking those selfies with some fans lol

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:00 PM
Nelson is rough to watch today. Just all energy, no touch.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:01 PM
Get JMR on the field, please. If he is good enough for Liverpool, he should be good enough for us.

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:02 PM
See the pace on that cross from Criscito? Very hard to defend.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:03 PM

Improvement already is encouraging, albeit only when it comes to progressive passing.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:04 PM

Such a smart, technical player. He obviously has lost some pace, but he definitely thinks the game so much quicker than our young players

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:04 PM
"Take an extra touch" Nelson strikes again...

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:05 PM
We don't even need Insigne to be Il Magnifico. Il Very good would already be a huge improvement in the final third

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:06 PM
We don't even need Insigne to be Il Magnifico. Il Very good would already be a huge improvement in the final third

Il Takes a reasonable amount of touches may just be enough.

James17930
07-09-2022, 08:06 PM
It's so effective for teams to just sit in a low block to defend against us because we have no way to get through, I wonder if we should start sitting back and playing on the counter. It would at least give them something to think about.

Not that I think that would ever happen, of course.

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:07 PM
Lord, that backpass from O'Neill was arrogant. Never should do that. There's confidence and there's asking for a chance to look stupid.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Honestly, the weird gritty type of style we see in MLS, I would put money on Bernie out performing Insigne numbers wise.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:08 PM
Third times the charm Oso. Next one will go

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:11 PM
Jayden "wrong decision" Nelson.

NK Toronto
07-09-2022, 08:14 PM
Nelson has looked very lively but that final product has been missing. You can see that he has talent. He is only 19 so his ceiling is high.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:15 PM
Ayo on for Petrasso is a smart and ballsy move.

NK Toronto
07-09-2022, 08:17 PM
We have been better than San Jose. They had one chance and took it. We should have 3 goals based on our chances.

MikeForbes
San Jose's two CBs (Nathan and the other guy) have been very good.

jloome
Nelson has looked very lively but that final product has been missing. You can see that he has talent. He is only 19 so his ceiling is high.

I do wonder. We've seen a lot of young prospects over the years who just didn't have the on-field intelligence to make it, despite an abundance of physical talent and technique.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:18 PM
We have been better than San Jose. They had one chance and took it. We should have 3 goals based on our chances.

Their backline has been better than ours, which unfortunately seems to be a common theme.

Bushmancan
07-09-2022, 08:20 PM
What has Shaff done or not done that he can’t get on for Nelson on the left side

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:21 PM
Their backline has been better than ours, which unfortunately seems to be a common theme.

Funny thing is their defence is really not all that good either.

jloome
Even there, great example. Osorio performs a brilliant exit pass to Nelson at the half and instead of trapping it on his instep and bringing it into his path, he tries to flat trap it with his sole, and there's too much pace so of course it bounces away from him.

He has a lot of natural talent but even his basic technique is poorly applied.

MikeForbes
I am begging for a point. Just a point.

glaze
07-09-2022, 08:23 PM
Lovin our capo team!

jloome
I am begging for a point. Just a point.

A couple more decent chances and we're definitely into deserve a point range.

MikeForbes
Funny thing is their defence is really not all that good either.

I'd trade O'Neill or Mavinga for Nathan anyday.

Yuushalinsky
Once again, I am asking for literally any sign of life. Every outlet pass seems to be intercepted right now.

PaceyWinger
07-09-2022, 08:24 PM
Nelson gives things away for sure but used as a CM today I thought he did very well progressing the ball. Room to grow but he's useful when this team has the rest of the peices. RB is an issue that I want GAM to solve however. Kosi Thompson is having a shambolic game.

Inklink
Kerrr! Nice goal!!

rydermike
Beauty. Kerr deserved that. He came close so many tumes

jloome
Oh that was sweet.

Yuushalinsky
Nelson gives things away for sure but used as a CM today I thought he did very well progressing the ball. Room to grow but he's useful when this team has the rest of the peices. RB is an issue that I want GAM to solve however. Kosi Thompson is having a shambolic game.

I think you're right - Kosi is probably the bigger problem right now.

MikeForbes
Kerr!!!

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:25 PM
Hmmm....Kerr having a good game and finding space.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:25 PM
On replay that looked even nicer. Squeezed that right be between two sliding defenders

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:26 PM
Nelson gives things away for sure but used as a CM today I thought he did very well progressing the ball. ....

He loses the ball more then progresses it.

My discussion last week about Poz - Nelson is the same.

James17930
What a shot!

MikeForbes
What a left foot. De'Andre has been very hit or miss, but he can hit a sweet little strike.

Inklink
07-09-2022, 08:28 PM
Osoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

rydermike
Called it. Oso'sthird chance wouldgo

tfcfans
Wow!!!!

MikeForbes
Oso the GOAT!!!!

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:29 PM
Kerr at the very least seems to make decisions that even if they don't go completely right, they don't result in egregious giveaways that result in easy counters. I'm looking at you, Nelson.

Bushmancan
Nice!!

James17930
Oso!

Kamp Berg
Third times the charm Oso. Next one will go

Nice call!

James17930
07-09-2022, 08:30 PM

Do it again!

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:30 PM
Gotta nail this down, boys.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:31 PM
Veteran rest? Or actual TAM injury?

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:32 PM
Do it again!
I'll try. Jesus will make that 2 into a 3

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:32 PM
Caldwell: "Not running too freely though it has to be said."

He has a fucking cramp. That's what a cramp is. a Cramp.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:33 PM
Mimmo an absolute beast tonight.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:35 PM
Nelson has space AND a potential forward pass to Akinola... and he goes for the cross to Osorio that he aims completely off.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 08:35 PM

Not hard to see why he was the captain.

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:36 PM
Oso and Kerr took this one on their backs.

Kamp Berg
Nelson has space AND a potential forward pass to Akinola... and he goes for the cross to Osorio that he aims completely off.

Hopefully he absorbs something from Insigne, from the bench.

James17930

Pretty decent debut. Cramping is probably expected in his first game. Hopefully that's all it is.

notthesun
07-09-2022, 08:37 PM
Osorio is so good man. He's really turned himself into a player. He's gonna be huge at the World Cup.

James17930
I'll try. Jesus will make that 2 into a 3

Work your magic.

Yuushalinsky
Hopefully he absorbs something from Insigne, from the bench.

If only that was how skill acquisition worked... orz he REALLY needs some seasoning.

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:38 PM
That was a give and go with Jesus and Nelson took 3 touches

jloome
Again, Nelson just kills the play in the box. Just hit it, you dope.

PaceyWinger
What a game for Oso. Mimmo was a stabalizing force and will be a real asset. Need to shut this down. Another would be nice.

rydermike
Why. Is. Bradley. On. Free. Kicks.

MikeForbes
Not hard to see why he was the captain.

His athleticism seems to be mostly gone, but goddamn if he can't pick a pass or deliver a sweet, sweet cross from that left side.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 08:39 PM
If only that was how skill acquisition worked... orz he REALLY needs some seasoning.

No doubt.

Inklink
07-09-2022, 08:40 PM
I can't remember too many fruitful deliveries from him.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:41 PM
Kerr put it that work. 200% the best of the kids this season.

Kamp Berg
07-09-2022, 08:43 PM
Damn! So close!

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:43 PM
Kerr put it that work. 200% the best of the kids this season.

Kerr > Akinola > the rest? Petrasso special mention for that magical first couple months.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:44 PM

No Petrasso...

seriously, Bradley is probably 5th on the list now.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:45 PM
No Petrasso...

seriously, Bradley is probably 5th on the list now.

No Petrasso, no Mimmo, I don't want to see anyone else on FKs, sounds about right.

jloome
Fuck off.

MikeForbes
Kerr > Akinola > the rest? Petrasso special mention for that magical first couple months.

Petrasso has made himself the backup LB, for sure.

Kamp Berg
C’mon, wtf!

stevep
07-09-2022, 08:46 PM
Seasons over

notthesun
Very possibly Achara's last touch of the season, good god man that is awful

OgtheDim
Achara with the bonehead move....

MikeForbes
If I was more dramatic, I'd blow my brains out. Why the fuck is Achara on this team?

jloome
Snakebit there. Just poor luck that Achara's pass caught the guy's heel.

Yuushalinsky
This is what happens with bad decision makiiiiiing.

DavemTFC
07-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Get achara off this team Holy fuck

rydermike
07-09-2022, 08:47 PM
Achara decision there was about as good as his decision to be paid in bitcoin

notthesun
07-09-2022, 08:48 PM

He had options and was too slow, you can't give the ball away there. Awful.

James17930

Agreed. That was really more bad luck than anything else.

Everyone calm down on Achara.

MikeForbes
One last chance.

jloome
07-09-2022, 08:49 PM
Bradley taking the corner, so it was going nowhere. He's a terrible set piece taker. Not sure why he ever takes them.

Burned on that one by one unfortunate pass.

Yuushalinsky
The kids just don't have the decision-making. Neither do the CBs.

mowe
Seasons over
Was thinking the same thing.

tfcfans
07-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Another awful result.....2023 can’t come soon enough....other than a game in Vancouver in a few weeks, this is a lot of practice games to play for the remainder of this season, until meaningful MLS regular season games start in about 7-8 months.

notthesun
07-09-2022, 08:51 PM
Achara had a simple sideways pass to Osorio right beside him but he tried to play Jimenez away through the guy marking him. He lost us the game.

MikeForbes
07-09-2022, 08:52 PM
I told myself I'd be happy with a point, so I will pretend to be happy. Being up 2-1 is a tough pill to swallow though.

OgtheDim
07-09-2022, 08:52 PM
Good things for 2023

Criscito
Kerr
Oso
Westberg

Bad things for 2022

Defensive decision making by the CB's
Nelson overthinking

James17930
07-09-2022, 08:53 PM
Yes, the season is over. It's like 2015 all over again - rebuilding, bringing in good new guys to centre the team around.

So hopefully we'll make MLS Cup next year ;)

We just MUST win the Can Champ this year.

NK Toronto
07-09-2022, 08:54 PM
Those lamenting the loss of an international roster spot in the MAK trade can take solace that a new spot will open after Achara is released.

Yuushalinsky
07-09-2022, 08:54 PM
when we were down 1-0, a point was ok. Seeing the potential, though, we once away threw away two points because of... wait for it,

​bad. decision. making.