PDA

View Full Version : Voyaguers Semi Final - Club Foot @ TFC Wed June 22 708pm - Do. Or do not....

OgtheDim
06-19-2022, 05:36 PM
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51g2UBjOrwL._QL70_FMwebp_.jpg

Have at It People

OgtheDim
06-19-2022, 06:10 PM
Its the Club Foot in a one off cup game - there is no trying, only doing or not doing. I am not confident of this being done, to be honest.

MikeForbes
06-19-2022, 07:50 PM
Losing two straight years in the Canadian Championship to Montreal would be a very down point.

Oldtimer
06-20-2022, 10:10 AM
The Clubfoots are on a tear right now, TFC in a slump. Unfortunately this hits before the rebuild hits in July. I can't see TFC winning this one.

woolly
06-20-2022, 10:12 AM
Saying TFC is in a slump is being very generous.

jloome
06-20-2022, 10:49 AM
We were technically undefeated in four before that loss, so technically not a slump. We’re just bad because we’re a junior team right now, basically. I suspect a few MLSII clubs would beat us. Reinforcements needed desperately.

Smokecell
06-20-2022, 10:58 AM
In the spirit of this one off fixture, how about BB plays Poz as a 10 to maximize our best asset in order to give us the best chance of winning.

jloome
06-20-2022, 11:01 AM
In the spirit of this one off fixture, how about BB plays Poz as a 10 to maximize our best asset in order to give us the best chance of winning.

He played as a number 10 against New York.

Statistically, he’s actually been best this year when played on the right side of midfield in a three. By far. He has an over 8 rating for the handful of games in that spot. He’s just over a 7 in the hole (but has three of his four goals from there) and a 5.5 as a right wing.

The problem is, the kids can’t read movement at speed, so they don’t fill the right holes in support of whoever has the ball, so the midfielders end up dropping back to either help cover or become an outlet for a late-moving teammate.

Both he and Bradley spent most of the NY game in our half, it seemed. But he was technically playing in the hole.

OgtheDim
06-20-2022, 11:35 AM
Heck, Jesus spent most of the NY game operating as a Left sided PM.

Joe Kool
06-20-2022, 01:09 PM
To keep with the Star Wars quotes "I got a bad feeling about this". I don't have warm and fuzzies about this game for sure but in a one off game anything can happen so who knows.

jloome
06-20-2022, 01:22 PM
Heck, Jesus spent most of the NY game operating as a Left sided PM.

I think he’s getting frustrated at no service for the seven games Oso has been out.

When Bob took him off, he was still dropping deep and left, even though he was the lone striker at the time.

jloome
06-20-2022, 01:23 PM
To keep with the Star Wars quotes "I got a bad feeling about this". I don't have warm and fuzzies about this game for sure but in a one off game anything can happen so who knows.

The one thing on our side here is that Kamara is old and has always been very streaky. He could hit a cold snap and not score for a dozen games. But they have other weapons, so…

I mean, on paper, we’re in deep shit, as they’re playing like a well-oiled professional team and we’re blooding youth. But we’ve also beat Philly and NYFC this year, so who knows. Fingers crossed, I guess.

Smokecell
06-20-2022, 02:12 PM
If nothing else, hopefully being around this club for any amount of time should have it engrained in each one of them that they have to beat the Limp Act at all costs. I don't care if they are 18 or 80. Play your socks off kids.

Kamp Berg
06-20-2022, 02:43 PM
If nothing else, hopefully being around this club for any amount of time should have it engrained in each one of them that they have to beat the Limp Act at all costs. I don't care if they are 18 or 80. Play your socks off kids.

Any kid that doesn’t bring it to this game has a motivation issue! I get upset just thinking about Montreal winning.

OgtheDim
06-20-2022, 02:53 PM

Trying to imagine Osorio letting ANY of the yutes get away with not putting in 100% for this game.

WestStandGeoff
06-20-2022, 03:06 PM
The Clubfoots are on a tear right now, TFC in a slump. Unfortunately this hits before the rebuild hits in July. I can't see TFC winning this one.

Grammar question here... is the plural Clubfoots, or Clubfeet?

OgtheDim
06-20-2022, 03:14 PM

When talking about one's rival, it is better to use a descriptor who's lack of grammatical correctness heightens the rival's inadequacies & alludes to rubeness & social ostracization.

i.e.

Clubfoots makes em sound more stupid...so go with Clubfoots

Oldtimer
06-20-2022, 04:37 PM

Clubfoots, just like in hockey we have the Maple Leafs, not the Maple Leaves. :D

Lil'John
06-21-2022, 07:58 PM
Mmm. I'm not sure he played as a 10 in New york. For us, he seemed to be playing way too deep.

Lil'John
06-21-2022, 07:59 PM
I'm referring to Poz, in response to the comment above.

FootBallAZ
06-22-2022, 09:05 AM
for some reason guys i cant seem to get up for this game.

im so indifferent about this. I hate to get there for 7pm and be down 1-0 before 7.10 PM would leave me super frustrated.

on the other hand its so nice outside it would enjoyable to have a cold water or beer, and it suppose to rain 80% then I really dont know.

I know I'm suppose to support no matter what but bill manning and his moves for the past couple of seasons really bother me. I know July 9th all should be better but man, its tough today I been thinking about this since yesterday .lol

Joe Kool
06-22-2022, 09:46 AM
Bringing some people down with me to today's game. Normally I just go straight to the stadium on gameday but today, since we have a group, we are looking to go somewhere to eat prior to the game in the Liberty Village area but I am not that familiar since I haven't been there in a long time and my usual spots on King that I used to frequent pre-COVID are gone now. I was initially thinking of LOCAL Public Eatery based on some internet searching. Anyone been there or have any other place to recommend? FYI...Some of my group are underage so not looking for a drinking place but more for a meal. Thanks in advance.

Lil'John
06-22-2022, 10:05 AM
for some reason guys i cant seem to get up for this game.

im so indifferent about this. I hate to get there for 7pm and be down 1-0 before 7.10 PM would leave me super frustrated.

on the other hand its so nice outside it would enjoyable to have a cold water or beer, and it suppose to rain 80% then I really dont know.

I know I'm suppose to support no matter what but bill manning and his moves for the past couple of seasons really bother me. I know July 9th all should be better but man, its tough today I been thinking about this since yesterday .lol

Yeah. It's tough, but it is a lovely day, and you might be surprised.

FootBallAZ
06-22-2022, 10:43 AM
Bringing some people down with me to today's game. Normally I just go straight to the stadium on gameday but today, since we have a group, we are looking to go somewhere to eat prior to the game in the Liberty Village area but I am not that familiar since I haven't been there in a long time and my usual spots on King that I used to frequent pre-COVID are gone now. I was initially thinking of LOCAL Public Eatery based on some internet searching. Anyone been there or have any other place to recommend? FYI...Some of my group are underage so not looking for a drinking place but more for a meal. Thanks in advance.

I like the craft does serve drinks tho.

If you're into smash burgers- burger drops -limited seating.

Maurya Indian is good

Poke Bowl is also nice

FootBallAZ
06-22-2022, 10:45 AM
Yeah. It's tough, but it is a lovely day, and you might be surprised.

I've quickly realized to learn what we have- TFC arent ready to start the game and have been letting early goals recently a problem dating back to Armas.

Same line up with the rookies when the team need a win.

and the scoring rate has gone down significantly because Jesus was playing out of his mind and his strike rate was insane (imagine if he wasnt consistent as he was in the beginning)

will see if traffic is worth driving in today.

SMH

Joe Kool
06-22-2022, 10:55 AM
I like the craft does serve drinks tho.

If you're into smash burgers- burger drops -limited seating.

Maurya Indian is good

Poke Bowl is also nice

Thanks I don't mind of course if any place serves drinks but was just saying I didn't want to go to somewhere just for pre-game drinks since we have some underagers. I will do some Googling on your other suggestions. Thanks.

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 11:09 AM

I'm confused. Are you saying there's an 80% chance of rain this evening?

The Weather Network is saying 0% chance of rain in South Parkdale starting 6pm into the night. I know the meteorologists have really been struggling lately, the weather has been hard to predict. If you know a better site for weather reports, let me know please -- thanks!

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 11:13 AM
What do folks think, will there be much turnout tonight? I don't watch much sports news, but I have seen zero info about this game. I didn't even realize it was part of our season ticket package.

I have a feeling the club is hyping the Insigne arrival, and that attendance will be very low today. But I really have no idea and no feel for things right now. (I may go regardless, I'm just trying to figure out what to expect.)

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 11:49 AM
All I can say is I can't go to mid week games right now so put my tickets up for sale & somebody bought 1.

I think it will be about 18K but who knows.

Joe Kool
06-22-2022, 12:28 PM
I think it will be the usual turnout that we see most Canadian Championships or maybe a little less given that it is a midweek game and our recent form has not been great. Good weather may help bring it out a bit more people. 16-18K maybe. Still not bad but in a 33K stadium will feel kind of empty.

TFC1986
06-22-2022, 12:48 PM
I remember the days people would give these tickets for free. Even scalpers at stadium.

TFCmatty
06-22-2022, 01:07 PM
Have always considered midweek evening cup matches at BMO something special.

Excited for tonight. :)

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 01:16 PM
Gonna be a nice two hour break for me at work tonight.

Yuushalinsky
06-22-2022, 01:32 PM
excited to head down for a match for once

Bushmancan
06-22-2022, 05:19 PM
Is there a spot reserved at the Brazen Head?

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 05:30 PM
Same lineup as Saturday. Montreal looks to have a bit more squad rotation.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 05:35 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1539733063277617159?s=20&t=gJ0q-ljx1siGt691fBlG3g

Mr. Inbetween
06-22-2022, 05:45 PM
In keeping with OgtheDim's 'Have At It People' 'Star Wars Theme'...

And Joe Kools's follow up with it's classic phrase... "I've got a bad feeling about this"...

I've got a lot... sprinkled with an occasional "I've got a good feeling about this"... and here they all are...

https://youtu.be/3ogIuFclGE8

Mr. Inbetween
06-22-2022, 05:48 PM
Hey!... Not all 'Club Foot's' are bad...

https://youtu.be/nOSuObRNBUA (https://youtu.be/nOSuObRNBUA)

Mr. Inbetween
06-22-2022, 05:57 PM
Bono not starting again!
Hasn't for a few now.
Just the typical goal-tend-turn or...
Part of an upcoming move?

Luanda
06-22-2022, 06:06 PM
Streams for this one?

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 06:19 PM
Maybe they heard us & have ditched Wheeler for anything but the panels.

Luanda
06-22-2022, 06:22 PM
Streams for this one?

http://nt.freestreams-live1.com/btspp1/

mowe
06-22-2022, 06:25 PM
Love the Voyageurs Cup! Let’s win!!!

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 06:27 PM
And we have a late scratch

Kerr out, Priso in....

jloome
06-22-2022, 06:34 PM
And we have a late scratch

Kerr out, Priso in....

Kinda happy about that. I'll take his presence and defense, erratic passing notwithstanding, over Kerr's on/off again offerings.

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 06:38 PM
Oooo...Spanish commentary

ag futbol
06-22-2022, 06:38 PM
So close from Nelson. The potential is there ( as much as waiting for it to happen is eye watering)

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 07:06 PM
Had the better of the first 30. Gotta think Nancy will be making some adjustments here at this break.

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 07:08 PM
Looking better than I thought so far. A couple of guys are going to be absolutely gassed though.

benito
06-22-2022, 07:15 PM
Nice series of passes lead to that tap in goal. Well done!

portu
06-22-2022, 07:15 PM
We’re playing well today (??? I think I forget what that looks like)

mowe
06-22-2022, 07:16 PM
Great goal, nice buildup by Jimenez dropping deep.

rydermike
06-22-2022, 07:16 PM
Beautiful goal

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 07:19 PM
Nelson FIRST TIME THAT BALL....

portu
06-22-2022, 07:19 PM
Holy shit we’re playing well this is beautiful football

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 07:21 PM
Wow nice passing all around.

Nelson really is good, but still needs to work on decision making. Should have shot first time just now in front of goal. And when he got the ball back, should have passed back to a completely open Ayo instead of trying to squeeze it in from an impossible angle.

The young guys are showing lots of the hustle today that was missing so often this season. It's going to be hard to keep that level up in the 2nd half though.

rydermike
06-22-2022, 07:22 PM
Nelson needs to shoot that first touch. Even if the keeper saves it, you have two players trailing for a rebound.

ag futbol
06-22-2022, 07:23 PM
Holy shit we’re playing well this is beautiful football
Yeah damn, they are transitioning really well on the break. Few things starting to click it seems

jloome
06-22-2022, 07:24 PM
I hate to oversimplify as they're all focussed, all playing well... but this is the difference a good holding midfielder can make.

Priso is clogging them up defensively and has only made a couple of mistakes. The front three are causing them fits. Poz and Bradley are pivoting well.

Kosi has had a couple of struggles, but has also bailed us out a couple of times.

Best half of football so far this season, I'd have to say.

jloome
06-22-2022, 07:25 PM
Nelson needs to shoot that first touch. Even if the keeper saves it, you have two players trailing for a rebound.

Or even just tap it back across to the backpost, where Jimenez was headed.

Auzzy
Guys suddenly fighting for their spots with a couple of new players on the horizon...???

MikeForbes
Jimenez is an outstanding passer for a forward. Priso and Bradley are a superior duo in midfield to that weird diamond with Nelson and Kerr as center mids. O'Neill has been very good. Nelson looks incredibly dangerous and equally as frustrating.

DavemTFC
06-22-2022, 07:27 PM
This is the best we've looked in a long time, especially defensively. Priso especially looks much sharper than earlier this season. Poz invisible for the last half hour, he's been tracking back tbf, but ideally he should be more involved

Edit: to add, boy do Mtl miss Wanyama and Mihailovic

Amir.
06-22-2022, 07:31 PM
Bradley with a couple great diagonal balls and started the press on the goal

jloome
06-22-2022, 07:32 PM
Jimenez is an outstanding passer for a forward. Priso and Bradley are a superior duo in midfield to that weird diamond with Nelson and Kerr as center mids. O'Neill has been very good. Nelson looks incredibly dangerous and equally as frustrating.

Priso's passing has caused them fits. He's been really impressive.

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 07:35 PM
Deserved lead. Fun to watch on TV (couldn’t make it tonight as out of town)

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 07:37 PM
Priso when not being pressed is a good Delgado replacement. We are getting the ball behind their midfield at pace & that fits all our attackers but Poz.

I fully expect changes in tactics from Club Foot in the second half.....and here comes Kamara.

jloome
06-22-2022, 07:47 PM
Ayoooo!

tfcfans
06-22-2022, 07:47 PM
Wow.....

benito
06-22-2022, 07:48 PM
Great finish!

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 07:48 PM
“Ayo a brace in brilliant fashion”. Less deserved. But brilliant taking of a chance. Ayo!!!!

jloome
06-22-2022, 07:54 PM
Hope this isn't an injury, Priso's been exceptional today.

ag futbol
06-22-2022, 07:55 PM
Nice game from Priso. Not perfect, but something to build on.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 07:55 PM
Missed the goal unfortunately. Glad to hear Ayo is finding his form. Insigne is gonna have Akinola off to Europe in January if he stays this hot with Lorenzo drawing multiple defenders to himself.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 07:56 PM
Hope this isn't an injury, Priso's been exceptional today.

Hope not. Injuries have been a huge hindrance to his young career.

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 07:58 PM
If Nelson tries that fancy footwork stuff instead of giving it to Insigne, he's gonna be flambed.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 08:01 PM
If Nelson tries that fancy footwork stuff instead of giving it to Insigne, he's gonna be flambed.

If Hoilett is also coming with Insigne, I don't think we'll have to worry too much about Nelson until 70 plus minutes into the games.

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 08:03 PM
Good officiating tonight. Especially impressive considering the ref has only whistled a few pro games so far.

rydermike
06-22-2022, 08:06 PM
I feel like Nelson spent too many years as a kid as the far and away best player on his team where he had to/was allowed to do a lot by himself that's its just ingrained in him to make solo plays. The talent is obviously there and seems like he's too used to showing off that talent instead of the "less is more"

jloome
06-22-2022, 08:06 PM
Eek. It's the dreaded early defensive switch.

Still, Mavinga's a pretty good guy to be able to bring in.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 08:09 PM
Jimenez is just creating so many chances. He is an absolute steal as a TAM player.

Auzzy
Mavinga's big body helped to make that goal!

benito
Another goal by Jesus!

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 08:10 PM
I feel like Nelson spent too many years as a kid as the far and away best player on his team where he had to/was allowed to do a lot by himself that's its just ingrained in him to make solo plays. The talent is obviously there and seems like he's too used to showing off that talent instead of the "less is more"

Nelson is doing better today than in some earlier games. However sometimes I still feel he would be a great fit for a futsal team, if MLSE had one...

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 08:11 PM

he will get it. Someone will so rudely make the point that he will never forget it. Scoring that goalazo likely delayed this transition…

MikeForbes
Jimenez is just creating so many chances. He is an absolute steal as a TAM player.

A good jinx from myself for once!

tfcfans
That was lovely and reminded me of our defensive structure for most of the last 2-3 years.....onto the Finals — now, lets go York !

Would love to have the Finals close to my place and more importantly save the team a very long plane ride to the west coast in a midweek game during a full schedule in July.

jloome
Oh well this is just glorious.

ag futbol
06-22-2022, 08:12 PM
Not quite as dramatic as Edwards to Giovinco but hey, I’ll take it

MikeForbes
This is a huge result. Winning this years Canadian Championship is our only realistic way into the CCL.

benito
Let’s save some of these goals for the weekend!

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 08:13 PM
That was lovely and reminded me of our defensive structure for most of the last 2-3 years.....onto the Finals — now, lets go York !

Would love to have the Finals close to my place and more importantly save the team a very long plane ride to the west coast in a midweek game during a full schedule in July.

Oh yes York U would be a nice GTA derby. Would the final be at their stadium or at BMO?

stevep
06-22-2022, 08:13 PM
Wtf is going on

rydermike
06-22-2022, 08:14 PM
My foot is in my mouth. I did not expect us to win this game let alone be up 4-0.

stevep
06-22-2022, 08:14 PM
Where has this been all year????

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 08:16 PM
Also, so nice to hear this game called on OneSoccer by someone besides Gareth Wheeler.

Auzzy
06-22-2022, 08:17 PM
That was amazing as well. Poor Jiminez was gassed, has been giving 100% all game in this heat.

tfcfans
06-22-2022, 08:17 PM
Oh yes York U would be a nice GTA derby. Would the final be at their stadium or at BMO?

....at York United, or at Vancouver, is the Finals.

rydermike
06-22-2022, 08:18 PM
Where has this been all year????
When TFC said Magnificent is coming, who knew that they actually meant the whole team was the Magnificent instead of just Insigne.

ag futbol
06-22-2022, 08:26 PM
Well done! Winning in style

Auzzy
Very nice!

rydermike
Clean sheet. First of the year. Only took a few months

tfcfans
06-22-2022, 08:28 PM
A clean sheet :scarf:

mowe
06-22-2022, 08:30 PM
Missed games like these.

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 08:33 PM
Poz coming back and defending in the box was also really big for us.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 08:33 PM
We both dominated and they really sucked. You love to see it.

stevep
06-22-2022, 08:36 PM
....at York United, or at Vancouver, is the Finals.

no way they have it at York u and throw away all that money

tfcfans
06-22-2022, 08:41 PM
no way they have it at York u and throw away all that money

If York wins, they would just give the home field to TFC?! (the draw is already completed giving the winner of the YU v Van game, Home Field in the Finals). There is nowhere else they could logically play other than BMO — I’d be shocked to see York give away home field to this game to their opponent if they make it (seeing as they’ve played every game on the road so far) - Greenpark needs the money? This seems like idle chatter as Vancouver is a heavy home favourite tonight.

OgtheDim
06-22-2022, 08:43 PM
Somebody please call Wheeler out for saying Poz doesn't play defence.

HE HAS THE MOST TACKLES ON THE TEAM YOU FOOL

jloome
06-22-2022, 08:44 PM
Missed games like these.

It would be hard to overstate how much of this was Ralph Priso absolutely dominating the midfield in the first half. Huge breakups, huge passes, never giving them a sniff in terms of passing lanes between the lines.

jloome
06-22-2022, 08:45 PM
Somebody please call Wheeler out for saying Poz doesn't play defence.

HE HAS THE MOST TACKLES ON THE TEAM YOU FOOL

Yeah, he's just pulling shit out of his butt. Poz wasn't strolling at all today. What an idiotic statement.

DavemTFC
06-22-2022, 08:45 PM
God I've missed that

nick.mastro
06-22-2022, 08:55 PM
What a game ! Can someone please explain to me how this bracket works that it’s either Vancouver or York for home advantage if Montreal is the defending champions

rydermike
06-22-2022, 08:56 PM
If York wins, they would just give the home field to TFC?! (the draw is already completed giving the winner of the YU v Van game, Home Field in the Finals). There is nowhere else they could logically play other than BMO — I’d be shocked to see York give away home field to this game to their opponent if they make it (seeing as they’ve played every game on the road so far) - Greenpark needs the money? This seems like idle chatter as Vancouver is a heavy home favourite tonight.

I remember reading last year that York declined the chance to host the game last year so it could be at the bigger BMO Field (where only 3000 people ended up showing up). Home field was determined by a coin flip in 2021 unless one team didn't want to host. So if they did it last year, they could do it again.

rydermike
06-22-2022, 08:58 PM
What a game ! Can someone please explain to me how this bracket works that it’s either Vancouver or York for home advantage if Montreal is the defending champions

They pulled it out of a hat for positioning in the bracket. Top of the bracket was home field. Past results irrelevant. Everything based on luck of the draw

zorsofstesab
06-22-2022, 09:18 PM
Anyone else concerned with the field status? Grass looked like it was thinning out and very dry. Football lines were still visible. It's going to be a long summer with very little time for recovery with all the Argos and TFC games and practices on the field.

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 09:45 PM
Did they ever say why Kerr came out of the line up? Priso earned another start, likely more today. Nelson is improving his team play and if he can keep it up (which isn’t a given) will be starting caliber soon too. OKello has suffered from his injuries. Petrasso jury is out as a starter; Shaff seems down the list ATM; Kerr and Kosi have deserved their minutes so are keepers but not starters. Unfortunately, the most touted of all JMR has not been able to have an opportunity to prove the hype real.

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 09:46 PM
Anyone else concerned with the field status? Grass looked like it was thinning out and very dry. Football lines were still visible. It's going to be a long summer with very little time for recovery with all the Argos and TFC games and practices on the field.

yes. Very much so. On the other hand, it could be worse. In Vancouver you can see the CFL markings AND it is turf…

MightyDM
06-22-2022, 09:47 PM
Also. TFC high pressed very effectively in the first half. Would not work against everyone but certainly good against ClubFoot

jloome
06-22-2022, 09:56 PM
Did they ever say why Kerr came out of the line up? Priso earned another start, likely more today. Nelson is improving his team play and if he can keep it up (which isn’t a given) will be starting caliber soon too. OKello has suffered from his injuries. Petrasso jury is out as a starter; Shaff seems down the list ATM; Kerr and Kosi have deserved their minutes so are keepers but not starters. Unfortunately, the most touted of all JMR has not been able to have an opportunity to prove the hype real.

Shaff only got a few minutes but I noticed he was closing down his man a lot more quickly, which was a good sign. He was really pressing quickly.

Oldtimer
06-22-2022, 10:32 PM
More Westberg please.

Gringo Starr
06-22-2022, 10:45 PM
That was fantastic, can’t believe how big a difference Priso makes when he is in form.

DinamoTFC
06-22-2022, 10:59 PM
Was not expecting such a result or effort but glad to see the boys turn it around. Keep up the momentum

Oldtimer
06-22-2022, 11:13 PM
Vancouver wins so it will be TFC @ Vancouver for the final.

MikeForbes
06-22-2022, 11:17 PM
Will Insigne be eligible for the final?

leedsandTFC
06-22-2022, 11:32 PM
Will Insigne be eligible for the final?

i think so, there's no locked roster from the beginning of the comp, is there?

MikeForbes
06-23-2022, 12:04 AM
i think so, there's no locked roster from the beginning of the comp, is there?

I don't think so. But, roster rules in North America are made up on the fly. The Shitecaps are very beatable as is. Having Insigne and Criscito available makes us heavy favorites.

los sonadores
06-23-2022, 03:32 AM
The first ten minutes were more evidence Pozeulo on the right is a waste. They could ask Thompson to play that role for a fraction of the wages. Pozuelo is much more effective the more centrally he plays.

Nice work from Priso and great to see Oso return.

Bushmancan
06-23-2022, 07:14 AM
Thanks I don't mind of course if any place serves drinks but was just saying I didn't want to go to somewhere just for pre-game drinks since we have some underagers. I will do some Googling on your other suggestions. Thanks.

Brazen Head was completely Jammed and did not know about any supporters groups so we left (Collision and Dave Matthews were also happening). Ended up on the Patio at the Commons and to be honest, food was good and draft was cold.

RealG-TFC
06-23-2022, 07:39 AM
Has the date for the final been set?

Joe Kool
06-23-2022, 08:01 AM
Brazen Head was completely Jammed and did not know about any supporters groups so we left (Collision and Dave Matthews were also happening). Ended up on the Patio at the Commons and to be honest, food was good and draft was cold.

Cool. In the end the people joining us got delayed and with traffic we just made it to the stadium before kick off and had to partake in the stadium food instead. Oh well, at least it was great weather and a great game.

rydermike
06-23-2022, 08:34 AM
Has the date for the final been set?

It hasn't, but these are the remaining game dates for MLS for us and the Whitecaps. My best guess would be July 20 or 27 (probably 27 -the BC Lions have a CFL home game at BC Place on July 21)
https://i.ibb.co/h7kwd94/fixtures.png

Joe Kool
06-23-2022, 09:09 AM
I don't think so. But, roster rules in North America are made up on the fly. The Shitecaps are very beatable as is. Having Insigne and Criscito available makes us heavy favorites.

They said on the OneSoccer post game show that Insigne will be playing in a final right after joining the team so I am going to assume they would know? Or maybe they are making assumptions too. Not sure. Just too bad not going to be at BMO Field.

A Stick
06-23-2022, 09:11 AM
The first ten minutes were more evidence Pozeulo on the right is a waste. They could ask Thompson to play that role for a fraction of the wages. Pozuelo is much more effective the more centrally he plays.

I totally agree. Poz should be playing in the middle (3-5-2). I don't understand why Coach Bradley is not more flexible with his system and stop playing people in positions that they will fail at.

Joe Kool
06-23-2022, 09:15 AM

After seeing Canada play in Honduras....I am not complaining.

OgtheDim
06-23-2022, 09:34 AM
They cut that grass really low for the Argos.

That is.... concerning.

TFC/Everton
06-23-2022, 10:05 AM
What a great game! We needed that type of win.

Lil'John
06-23-2022, 10:15 AM

Correct.

Auzzy
06-23-2022, 10:28 AM
Paging Section 223... :hide:
:leaving:

Yuushalinsky
06-23-2022, 10:32 AM
The big thing is we need to see this level of effort consistently - beating a playoff team in this fashion gives a lot of hope, but we need to see the drive and we need to see it, at the very least, 3 games out of 4.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 10:48 AM
They cut that grass really low for the Argos.

That is.... concerning.
Just move them to Lamport. Even their true blue fans are saying they'd rather go there and fill it than have a 1/4 or less full BMO.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 11:09 AM
More Westberg please.
I have a feeling that if we started him from the very start of the season we'd probably be in 7th right now.

noxx98
06-23-2022, 11:10 AM
Paging Section 223... :hide:
:leaving:
The trolls only come out when things are going poorly...

Section 223
06-23-2022, 11:30 AM
The trolls only come out when things are going poorly...
I suppose since our club has given us very little to cheer about in the last couple of years we should all be happy for the result last night , but beating Montreals “second” team does not excite me one bit. Clearly Montreal did not put emphasis on winning this years competition And since Bob Bradley has already burned this season, the Canadian Championship is all this team has to salvage any respectability. Montreal did not start regulars Breza Mihailovic Kamara waterman wanyama miller torres .

Mr. Inbetween
06-23-2022, 11:37 AM
IMO, probably TFC's most complete game in a very, very long time.
It felt like there was suddenly a real camaraderie going on between all the players during each goal celebration.
I enjoyed this 4-3-3... 4-3-1-2?

I would like to watch that entire game again.
If I am not mistaken, it may have been mentioned on the message board a long while ago that telecasts of these sorts of games may be archived?
Eventually available for free viewing by the public somehow? Perhaps through a portal of one of the Canadian soccer associations?
If anyone has any insight, much appreciated.

noxx98
06-23-2022, 11:43 AM
I suppose since our club has given us very little to cheer about in the last couple of years we should all be happy for the result last night , but beating Montreals “second” team does not excite me one bit. Clearly Montreal did not put emphasis on winning this years competition And since Bob Bradley has already burned this season, the Canadian Championship is all this team has to salvage any respectability. Montreal did not start regulars Breza Mihailovic Kamara waterman wanyama miller torres .
Five points out of a playoff spot half way through the season, with a game in hand and an Italian NT starter on the way is a burned season. Got it.

Oldtimer
06-23-2022, 11:58 AM
I have a feeling that if we started him from the very start of the season we'd probably be in 7th right now.

It's not just that his distribution is better, he organizes the defense much better.

Section 223
06-23-2022, 12:10 PM
Five points out of a playoff spot half way through the season, with a game in hand and an Italian NT starter on the way is a burned season. Got it.
Knowing that you have Insigne coming in July why wouldn’t Bradley keep some vets like Delgado and make sure we are in a better position to qualify for playoffs, does he not know that we missed playoffs two of the last four seasons?

noxx98
06-23-2022, 01:19 PM
Knowing that you have Insigne coming in July why wouldn’t Bradley keep some vets like Delgado and make sure we are in a better position to qualify for playoffs, does he not know that we missed playoffs two of the last four seasons?
Marky was nearing the end of his contract and we received a solid offer for him. He ended up signing for a TAM level deal with LA, which probably wasn't in the cards with TFC. Between Poz, Oso, Bradley, and Delgado we were stacked with midfielders, especially if we wanted to begin integratting Priso, Okello, Petrasso, etc. into the team. Someone had to go, and Delgado probably was going to get the best return.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 01:50 PM
You watch any Galaxy matches this year? We fleeced them on that deal.

Also go check the list in our roster thread that I made for posters that go over the same tired complaints over and over and seemingly ignoring the actual situation. It explains where we're at and why and was expanded upon afterwards by others with good ideas.

A Stick
06-23-2022, 02:21 PM

Also go check the list in our roster thread that I made for posters that go over the same tired complaints over and over and seemingly ignoring the actual situation. It explains where we're at and why and was expanded upon afterwards by others with good ideas.

What did we get in that trade again?

OgtheDim
06-23-2022, 03:01 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/la-galaxy-acquire-midfielder-mark-delgado-in-trade-with-toronto-fc

400k in GAM & 100K in GAM for performance

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 03:07 PM
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/la-galaxy-acquire-midfielder-mark-delgado-in-trade-with-toronto-fc

We might not get that extra $100K unless the stipulations were based on minutes or starts.

Section 223
06-23-2022, 03:13 PM

Vanney doesn’t seem to think so as he has started all of LA Galaxy games

ag futbol
06-23-2022, 03:29 PM
Delgado’s body language for at least the last 18 months at TFC was one of “I’m sick of this shit, let me out”

I get that he could be around the league for much longer and quite useful to LAG, but if kept here I feel he might have just fallen off a cliff in terms of form. Also, not the right player to round out our midfield specifically given his lack of pace.

No regrets on my side. It was never going to be a rebuild unless we turned the page on a few guys on the roster.

jabbronies
06-23-2022, 03:50 PM
Delgado’s body language for at least the last 18 months at TFC was one of “I’m sick of this shit, let me out”

I get that he could be around the league for much longer and quite useful to LAG, but if kept here I feel he might have just fallen off a cliff in terms of form. Also, not the right player to round out our midfield specifically given his lack of pace.

No regrets on my side. It was never going to be a rebuild unless we turned the page on a few guys on the roster.

I really liked Marky - with that being said, I'm fully aware of his flaws and in Bobs system, there was no room for that. He has the opposite problem that Poz has - Marky can't attack for shit - he can't do anything moving forward, but his defence and ability to win balls was great,.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 04:19 PM
Vanney doesn’t seem to think so as he has started all of LA Galaxy games

He did the same here even when he was off form in 2019/2020. Marky can do a job but when Priso is healthy he can affect a match better than Delgado and his ceiling is far higher. It would have been foolish to keep Delgado around at TAM and sit Priso just to get a few more points in the first half of this first year of our rebuild.

Section 223
06-23-2022, 04:37 PM
He did the same here even when he was off form in 2019/2020. Marky can do a job but when Priso is healthy he can affect a match better than Delgado and his ceiling is far higher. It would have been foolish to keep Delgado around at TAM and sit Priso just to get a few more points in the first half of this first year of our rebuild.
“A few more points” could be the difference between a home playoff date or not. You would be very surprised to know how much MLSE makes with a TFC home playoff date

Section 223
06-23-2022, 05:11 PM
I really liked Marky - with that being said, I'm fully aware of his flaws and in Bobs system, there was no room for that. He has the opposite problem that Poz has - Marky can't attack for shit - he can't do anything moving forward, but his defence and ability to win balls was great,.
“His defence and ability to win balls was great” See as our club is outrun in midfield every game Marky would the ideal player on this sad current squad

Bushmancan
06-23-2022, 06:26 PM
Back to midweek game and fun. Weather was great, my other seats are in 117 and there was decent energy (should be better) for supporters but the 4-0 win was extremely satisfying.

Back to reality though, we started our A team, they did not. I still think we would have beat their A team. To be fair, we played wel (the line actually looked cohesive)l and for sure Akinola looks like he is coming back into form. I hope Priso is ok, because he did play well and covers ground as others pointed out.

I will take the win and the progress but this is still a work in process.

Ultra & Proud
06-23-2022, 07:07 PM
“A few more points” could be the difference between a home playoff date or not. You would be very surprised to know how much MLSE makes with a TFC home playoff date

That's the kind of thinking that gave us 2021 and forced us to do this in 2022.

ag futbol
06-23-2022, 08:10 PM
That's the kind of thinking that gave us 2021 and forced us to do this in 2022.
Yep, agreed. Incrementalism is ultimately what lead to our downfall. We put bandages on things until they all broke.

OgtheDim
06-23-2022, 08:21 PM
Bradley's presser - he wasn't completely happy in the first half.

Happy for the win but realistic that things were not perfect

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postgame-sound-bob-bradley-june-22-2022

Watch it for Singh asking him if it was our best game - he didn't bit on that.
He thought the game against Philly we played better...thought it was good.

"the work of just trying to get better keeps going"

& a VERY cool and instructive bit on Shane O'Neil

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2022, 07:00 AM
Bradley's presser - he wasn't completely happy in the first half.

I've had the feeling for a while that Bob would be very hard to make completely happy on the pitch. Always seemed like a glass half empty kind of manager.

Mr. Inbetween
06-24-2022, 08:13 AM

I would have preferred if Delgado had stayed.
Regardless, a fair to not bad piece of business.
Fleece?
Well... not as good as...
Paul Pogba right back to Juve from MU after 6 years on a free!
Oh where did the time go? And that +100 million Euro transfer fee!

OgtheDim
06-24-2022, 08:27 AM
I've had the feeling for a while that Bob would be very hard to make completely happy on the pitch. Always seemed like a glass half empty kind of manager.

I think he's more a "I'm enjoying this half empty bottle we started with but can we figure out next time how to get one that is full?" kind a guy

Satisfied but never completely satisfied...

jloome
06-24-2022, 09:54 AM
I think he's more a "I'm enjoying this half empty bottle we started with but can we figure out next time how to get one that is full?" kind a guy

Satisfied but never completely satisfied...

He might also feel our young players have a lot of unproven, unearned ego based on how they were hyped coming up. A lot of attitude adjustment needed, so he probably will never go over the top praising anyone.

MightyDM
06-24-2022, 09:59 AM
He might also feel our young players have a lot of unproven, unearned ego based on how they were hyped coming up. A lot of attitude adjustment needed, so he probably will never go over the top praising anyone.

yes. He seems very realistic in that way. And it’s good

MightyDM
06-24-2022, 10:16 AM
Watch Ayo. One of the most honest press conferences by a player I have seen

Kamp Berg
06-24-2022, 02:36 PM
Bob sounds to me like someone who tries to maintain balance, downplaying victories and failures.

rydermike
06-27-2022, 01:10 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1541467323801927682

jloome
06-27-2022, 02:37 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1541467323801927682

As bad as some of our years have been, how is it that the Whitecaps have only won this thing once? That’s a record of futility that is truly impressive.

James17930
06-27-2022, 07:19 PM
As bad as some of our years have been, how is it that the Whitecaps have only won this thing once? That’s a record of futility that is truly impressive.

And I bet they'll only get like 15k in the stands too.

OgtheDim
06-27-2022, 08:16 PM
VCWC did not prioritize this competition for a long time - costs more money to be involved in CCL & complicates the season.

They are card carrying members of the "don't spend $" MLS leadership camp - the anti DP group.

noimpactinmtl
06-27-2022, 09:53 PM
VCWC did not prioritize this competition for a long time - costs more money to be involved in CCL & complicates the season.

They are card carrying members of the "don't spend $" MLS leadership camp - the anti DP group.

In most cases, they can get away with it. They're gifted with one of the best footballing regions in North America and has a ridiculously wide catch basin for young talent (why they managed to nab Alphonso Davies from Edmonton).

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 10:07 PM

I would have preferred if Delgado had stayed.
Regardless, a fair to not bad piece of business.
Fleece?
Well... not as good as...
Paul Pogba right back to Juve from MU after 6 years on a free!
Oh where did the time go? And that +100 million Euro transfer fee!

OMG, it is actually a thing... WTF?

#Pogboomerang