PDA

View Full Version : Other MLS Games this Weekend - March 12 - 13

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 08:23 PM
Orange ball game in New England - RSL playing in white

Blindside16
03-14-2022, 01:54 AM
Dayne St.Clair with an absolute clinic tonight against the Redbulls. How we took Griffin Dorsey ahead of both him and Tajon in the draft is beyond cruel and criminal

MightyDM
03-14-2022, 10:54 AM
Dayne St.Clair with an absolute clinic tonight against the Redbulls. How we took Griffin Dorsey ahead of both him and Tajon in the draft is beyond cruel and criminal

Ws that Curtis or Bez? even people close to his university team (indiana) were shocked by that pick

Initial B
03-14-2022, 01:54 PM
Ws that Curtis or Bez? even people close to his university team (indiana) were shocked by that pick
Curtis had just joined in the off-season. I'm not sure who to blame that on, but I could see Manning and Vanney leaving the draft choice for Curtis to pick as a test of his 200-page playbook skills.

ag futbol
03-14-2022, 02:13 PM
Curtis had just joined in the off-season. I'm not sure who to blame that on, but I could see Manning and Vanney leaving the draft choice for Curtis to pick as a test of his 200-page playbook skills.
They drafted the kid based on some ridiculous “remember the titans” speech and went to great lengths to play up his leadership qualities. Ignore the fact he was (and always has been) worse than multiple players who were drafted behind him.

Seeing as Curtis’s public persona is mostly personality free (and he literally just walked in the door for that one), I would pin this on Manning / Vanney.

los sonadores
03-15-2022, 12:16 AM
[QUOTE=ag futbol;1956681]They drafted the kid based on some ridiculous “remember the titans” speech and went to great lengths to play up his leadership qualities. Ignore the fact he was (and always has been) worse than multiple players who were drafted behind him.

Seeing as Curtis’s public persona is mostly personality free (and he literally just walked in the door for that one), I would pin this on Manning / Vanney.[/QUOTE

I was thinking the same at the time. What a ludicrous pick in hindsight.
It seemed the first quality looked for by us in draft picks during Vanney’s tenure was the “squeaky clean, upstanding young man aspect”. Not that this is necessarily a bad quality but it caused us to overlook quite a bit of talent.