PDA

View Full Version : 2022 Canadian Championship

RealG-TFC
03-09-2022, 09:41 PM
The bracket is set.

https://www.canadasoccer.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/03/CS-20220307-CanChamp-Schedule-EN-2.png

613reppingTFC
03-09-2022, 11:03 PM
Hopefully we shouldn't need any reinforcement to get there, but we won't have Insigne and anyone else until the finals.

Blindside16
03-10-2022, 02:25 AM
Hopefully we shouldn't need any reinforcement to get there, but we won't have Insigne and anyone else until the finals.

So if I am reading this correctly and based off of what I was able to see during the draw. TFC will be playing the entire Canadian Championship on the road? Hardly seems fair. I wish they would go back to the 2 legs instead of 1 and done

MikeForbes
03-10-2022, 10:48 AM
I am so rooting for Halifax vs. Toronto @ Wanderers Ground. I am half tempted to go book a vacation day right now.

nfitz
03-10-2022, 08:42 PM
That bracket is wrong - the correct bracket is in the CSA press release - https://www.canadasoccer.com/news/2022-canadian-championship-draw-results/

They must have accidently reversed the Match 11 teams. Winner of Match 9 is home, not 8. They got the graphic right during the draw, if I remember correctly.

So, with TFC only looking at most, a single home game during the Canadian Championship - and no Champions League or Leagues Cup games ... what's going to happen to our 20-game package? Looks like only 18 games this year ...

I suppose two playoff games are an option (if only) - but will MLS want to let them go that cheaply?

wopchop
03-10-2022, 08:52 PM
I am so rooting for Halifax vs. Toronto @ Wanderers Ground. I am half tempted to go book a vacation day right now.
Halifax away would be sweet. I wonder what the seating situation is like there - the stadium is rather small. Does it normally sell out?

rydermike
03-10-2022, 09:37 PM
Halifax away would be sweet. I wonder what the seating situation is like there - the stadium is rather small. Does it normally sell out?
Not sure if it always sells out, but I know they get good crowds and have one of the, if not, the best fan atmosphere at games in the CanPL. I'm sure if they face TFC it will definitely be a sell out though

MikeForbes
03-11-2022, 06:19 AM

I would say it usually has between 75% and 90% capacity. The Privateers are an excellent supporters group.

613reppingTFC
05-10-2022, 10:47 AM
So the games start tonight for Can Champ. Says it will be streamed on One Soccer & Fubo TV, however I contacted Fubo and they confirmed they are not carrying any of the Canadian Championship games (just for anyone who is looking to watch them).

Also we will have a game coming up to play for the 2020 Finals vs Forge. I think June 4th? let's hope we are good and healthy for that (At least we wont have any issues fielding enough Canadians lol)

Edit: They got back to me again and FUBO will be carrying 4 of the games over the next two days

Guelph United vs Wanderers on Tue, May. 10 at 7:00 PM
Cavalry vs FC Edmonton on Tue, May. 10 at 9:30 PM
Forge vs Outremont on Wed, May. 11 at 7:00 PM
Vancouver vs Valour on Wed, May. 11 at 10:00 PM

Greatest Ripoff
05-10-2022, 10:55 AM
For anyone in the UK, these are being shown live on BT Sport.

MikeForbes
05-11-2022, 08:37 AM
Halifax hosts TFC.

Initial B
05-11-2022, 12:07 PM
I was at the ATO-York match and if you thought the reffing in Vancouver was bad...
Ref lost control of the very physical match early and overcompensated by handing out several yellow and red cards in the last 15 minutes of the match. To lose on Penalties, especially when one of the saves came from a keeper that was already off his line before the kick...
It was really bad.

Rocket Robin
05-11-2022, 08:11 PM
All the audio from the post game press conference of the Voyageurs Cup preliminary round of May 10/22 between League1 Ontario side Guelph United (Keith Mason & Tomasz Skublak) and Canadian Premier League side HFX Wanderers FC (Stephen Hart & Aidan Daniels) held at Alumni Stadium.

http://www.rocketrobinsoccerintoronto.com/reports22/22york050.htm

nick.mastro
05-12-2022, 03:52 PM
How do we get supporters tickets for the Halifax game ?

Auzzy
05-12-2022, 10:31 PM
I just watched the Guelph - Halifax highlights. Halifax was clearly the better team, but muffed a bunch of chances. Plus the Guelph keeper made some great saves; possibly the best player on that team.

This game also showed me why I generally like VAR. (And/or we need much better refs for the Cdn championship games.) The penalty leading to the first Halifax goal didn't look like one. The Halifax & Guelph players likely reached the ball simultaneously.

Then towards the end, ref shows a yellow to a Guelph player for simulation. Replay clearly shows that the Halifax player clipped his knee and brought him down. Should have been a penalty for Guelph.

Those two calls go differently, it ends 1-1 instead of 2-0. (Or Halifax scores on one of their 20 other chances and still wins.)

Note: obviously VAR does need to be tweaked. Plus VAR doesn't help if the VAR officials are as blind as they have been in MLS this season.