PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 3 - TFC @ Columbus Sat March 12 1:30pm - Surrounded by memories

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
03-06-2022, 09:04 PM
How I still want you
And nobody else

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q6CVfWdn5G8

Have at It People

Initial B
03-07-2022, 11:05 AM
If we don't fix the defensive issues, we're looking at another long day. I don't think we win this one.

Joe Kool
03-07-2022, 02:43 PM
I hope everyone explained to the new guys on the team how important the Trillium Cup is....we can't afford to lose :)

Prof
03-07-2022, 02:47 PM
We need to make a few changes to help out our D. My line up suggestion: 3-4-1-2
Westberg
O'Neil Salcedo Mavinga
MacNaughton Priso Osorio Petrasso
Pozuelo
Jimenez Shaffelburg

Ultra & Proud
03-07-2022, 03:03 PM
We need to make a few changes to help out our D. My line up suggestion: 3-4-1-2
Westberg
O'Neil Salcedo Mavinga
MacNaughton Priso Osorio Petrasso
Pozuelo
Jimenez Shaffelburg

This is pretty much what I would do but maybe JMR instead of MacNaughton.

Lil'John
03-07-2022, 03:21 PM
It has to be 3 at the back: O'Neill, Salcedo, Mavinga.
Then I'm happy with Petrasso and MR as the wing backs.
With Priso in. front of them, that should fix the defence.
Then another goal from Jimenez and we win 1-0!

PizzaEatingYeti
03-08-2022, 03:16 AM
Sorry, but I think we are all dreaming, if we think Bradley senior will not start Bradley junior.
In my eyes BB will prove he's a really unbiased coach, if he'll not start Michael, but this won't happen (at least not these weeks).
(I hope I will need to eat my words, lol...)

PizzaEatingYeti
03-08-2022, 03:18 AM
A draw will be a great result for TFC, and if we play at the level we've done it in the first match, we may achieve that.
Otherwise it's a clear Columbus victory.

Bushmancan
03-08-2022, 08:36 AM
Sorry, but I think we are all dreaming, if we think Bradley senior will not start Bradley junior.
In my eyes BB will prove he's a really unbiased coach, if he'll not start Michael, but this won't happen (at least not these weeks).
(I hope I will need to eat my words, lol...)

I tend to agree but for a different reason. I was suspect of Priso’s full 90 fitness pre injury, he struggled last year, and if you watched, a couple of minutes before the the injury he looked gassed. The worst thing we can do is rush him, if we truly believe he is on of our future Midfield leaders.

Auzzy
03-08-2022, 08:55 AM
I do have the sinking feeling that Priso needs to be eased in gently. Beyond the general fitness required as a starter, I'm not sure if he has the in-game mental fitness required against a hard-pressing Columbus at the beginning of the game (and most MLS teams are like that now). I wonder if his minutes will be gradually increased. His fitness last year was poor, and I can't imagine it's better after a long injury layoff. He has the skills and mentality to play the role, but he's got to get himself back to that level.

Prof
03-08-2022, 09:09 AM
This is pretty much what I would do but maybe JMR instead of MacNaughton.

The reason I picked MacNaughton over JMR is although offensively JMR is better, I think we need to focus on defense for now and Petrasso and MacNaughton are both defenders. Crosses in the box from live play, free kicks and corners is where JMR and Shaffelberg were exposed. Plus getting caught out of position too far forward. A 3-4 -1-2 formation easily changes to a 5-2-1-2.

Ultra & Proud
03-08-2022, 09:47 AM
The reason I picked MacNaughton over JMR is although offensively JMR is better, I think we need to focus on defense for now and Petrasso and MacNaughton are both defenders. Crosses in the box from live play, free kicks and corners is where JMR and Shaffelberg were exposed. Plus getting caught out of position too far forward. A 3-4 -1-2 formation easily changes to a 5-2-1-2.
I put him in because I think they have to develop him a bit to sell him on for more money and his errors are part of what we have to deal with while he learns.

ag futbol
03-08-2022, 10:14 AM
I do have the sinking feeling that Priso needs to be eased in gently. Beyond the general fitness required as a starter, I'm not sure if he has the in-game mental fitness required against a hard-pressing Columbus at the beginning of the game (and most MLS teams are like that now). I wonder if his minutes will be gradually increased. His fitness last year was poor, and I can't imagine it's better after a long injury layoff. He has the skills and mentality to play the role, but he's got to get himself back to that level.
Not sure where the idea his fitness is poor is coming from? He barely had any full games prior to being injured and he looked pretty good in those outings. Certainly he’s no less suited to play 65-70 minutes than the other options we have available.

los sonadores
03-08-2022, 12:32 PM
Not sure where the idea his fitness is poor is coming from? He barely had any full games prior to being injured and he looked pretty good in those outings. Certainly he’s no less suited to play 65-70 minutes than the other options we have available.

Yeah, I don’t see this either. I was at the match he first replaced Bradley and he looked brilliant, the solution to the problem, and not lacking fitness. At least 65-70 mins, for sure.

BB mentioned early on that MB should be played like the deep lying Xavi “spraying balls around”. It might need a major shift in thinking/heart from him to see that Micheal should often be sitting on the bench.

Auzzy
03-08-2022, 07:29 PM

Yeah, I don’t see this either. I was at the match he first replaced Bradley and he looked brilliant, the solution to the problem, and not lacking fitness. At least 65-70 mins, for sure.

BB mentioned early on that MB should be played like the deep lying Xavi “spraying balls around”. It might need a major shift in thinking/heart from him to see that Micheal should often be sitting on the bench.

As Bushmancan also mentioned above, I remember Priso struggling with fitness pre-injury. Would have to go back to earlier game stats or game threads to confirm. In any case, he's been off a long time. Makes sense to bring up his numbers gradually.

Bushmancan
03-09-2022, 09:45 AM
Wasn't disputing quality, concerned about a full 90, that's all. I tried to find the clip about 5 minutes before injury he looked tired - not coaching in hindsight but thought Perez should have taken him off... F--kin' ref made him run through and complete the play, on the clear offside.

ag futbol
03-09-2022, 10:51 AM
Wasn't disputing quality, concerned about a full 90, that's all. I tried to find the clip about 5 minutes before injury he looked tired - not coaching in hindsight but thought Perez should have taken him off... F--kin' ref made him run through and complete the play, on the clear offside.
I would essentially guarantee Gustavo Bou stomping on his ankle the play prior caused the injury. Everyone points to the offside play but clearing a ball off the line or general fatigue doesn’t cause you to break a bone.

The fracture was likely there and with a bit more weight / stress on it, the worst case scenario happened. Ideally he would have gone off immediately after the tackle by Bou but hind sight is 20/20.

Joe Kool
03-09-2022, 12:28 PM
I would essentially guarantee Gustavo Bou stomping on his ankle the play prior caused the injury. Everyone points to the offside play but clearing a ball off the line or general fatigue doesn’t cause you to break a bone.

The fracture was likely there and with a bit more weight / stress on it, the worst case scenario happened. Ideally he would have gone off immediately after the tackle by Bou but hind sight is 20/20.

Yeah I thought it was the stomp as well and could not figure how anyone was blaming the play continuing as the cause. He was already hurt.

daner90
03-09-2022, 03:02 PM
This has the makings of a pretty tough game for TFC. Coming off a tough match and going on the road while still working on the identity of this new squad. A draw would be a very good result in this one

notthesun
03-09-2022, 07:42 PM
Salcedo is now out, suspended 1 game and fined for "serious foul play" by the disciplinary committee for a tackle that was already video reviewed during the game when it happened.

I hate this league sometimes

OgtheDim
03-09-2022, 07:43 PM
Salcedo suspended

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/toronto-fc-defender-carlos-salcedo-suspended-after-serious-foul-play

Looking at the video - can see why

ag futbol
03-09-2022, 07:58 PM
I don’t entirely disagree but think about the comedy of inconsistencies here: the linesman who was right next to the play said no foul. The ref, who was further away said yellow. VAR said it was Red. The official who reviewed the tape after flagging by VAR said it wasn’t a red but rather still a yellow.

MLS referees among themselves can’t even agree how to call the game, how are the players to understand it?

Webdogg
03-09-2022, 08:04 PM
Salcedo suspension shows how broken the referee system is. To suspend a guy when the linesman 1 foot away says no foul is a huge issue. May as well say “our refs aren’t good enough”

Regardless I’ll be at the game. If the game is close I’ll pop in to report. If it’s how I expect it to go, I’ll be too drunk to report.

portu
03-09-2022, 08:38 PM
All the Salcedo suspension points out is how shittily this front office constructed the roster and addressed obvious deficiencies over the past two years. Stupid MLS refs is an expectation, so is a shitty roster when you have a shit for brains front office system.

wopchop
03-09-2022, 08:38 PM
I don’t entirely disagree but think about the comedy of inconsistencies here: the linesman who was right next to the play said no foul. The ref, who was further away said yellow. VAR said it was Red. The official who reviewed the tape after flagging by VAR said it wasn’t a red but rather still a yellow.

MLS referees among themselves can’t even agree how to call the game, how are the players to understand it?
Exactly. Total horseshit.

MightyDM
03-09-2022, 09:31 PM
The rules cited by the review committee in the link above say it has to be a clear and obvious error. By definition, given that the Referee, the linesman and VAR had wildly different opinions, it cannot be Clear and Obvious. Also, this committee shouldn’t be reviewing any action that has already been VAR reviewed - enough already

MightyDM
03-09-2022, 09:34 PM
Here are the rules:

The incident in question must be, in the unanimous opinion of the Committee from all available evidence: a clear and unequivocal red card; and egregious or repeat behavior in nature, and/or such that the MLS Disciplinary Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game; and/or clear and obvious simulation.

daner90
03-10-2022, 11:29 AM
I had already put a large wager on Columbus to win this match. Without Salcedo I think this one gets ugly for us

barticusz
03-10-2022, 02:11 PM
Zelarayan has started out quite hot. I fully expect a loss here but would be pleasantly surprised with a draw.

jloome
03-10-2022, 02:26 PM
Zelarayan has started out quite hot. I fully expect a loss here but would be pleasantly surprised with a draw.

It would be good to see Jimenez get another goal, get a scoring streak going. Something like that can keep heads up when they're still trying to gel.

MikeForbes
03-10-2022, 05:20 PM
I assume this is Shaff and maybe Osorio (who reportedly picked up a knock in training).

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1501992417297321986?s=20&t=Hx58bwx5vgvVsz24HSClzA

jabbronies
03-10-2022, 05:25 PM
6-0 columbus

Richard
03-10-2022, 05:39 PM

VAR has continued to expose what we all thought about MLS officiating. Where in the past you could give some allowance as referees are human and get tired in a match as well. There is however ZERO excuse for VAR to not be 99.99% correct when you have officials sitting comfortably in the booth, with slow reply, and numerous camera angles consistently making poor calls.

I believe there is an element of match fixing involved as well, I would image the wages of officials to be sub standard compared to other pro NA sport, the poor standard of officiating correlates with this, and opens up the possibility of match fixing.

There no reason to believe MLS is somehow invulnerable, North Americans like to believe their pro sports are squeaky clean yet it is quite possibly far from that in MLS.

Auzzy
03-10-2022, 05:40 PM
I assume this is Shaff and maybe Osorio (who reportedly picked up a knock in training).

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1501992417297321986?s=20&t=Hx58bwx5vgvVsz24HSClzA

Argh here we go again...

OgtheDim
03-10-2022, 06:54 PM
FWIW, the source

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-march-10-2022

TFCDP
03-11-2022, 07:37 AM
No Salcedo as well! 5-1Columbus

CBTFC
03-11-2022, 08:56 AM
For the game a couple weeks ago I decided to head to The Wheat Sheaf (various reasons), and sure they had it on some TVs but no game audio and the moment the Leafs broadcast started at 7pm, they changed over half the TVs to that.

Not really keen on going back there for tomorrow's game against Columbus. Someone else mentioned Firkin on Harbour. Are there any other locations in the downtown Toronto area where a decent group will be gathering to watch, and where they'll have the audio/commentary on?

Thanks in advance :)

ManUtd4ever
03-11-2022, 05:43 PM
Yeah...not optimistic about this one with Salcedo and a couple of other regulars questionable.

MikeForbes
03-11-2022, 06:09 PM
More kids in the lineup? What could possibly go wrong?

OgtheDim
03-11-2022, 07:14 PM
FWIW

Team flew down to Columbus today - charter

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1502432416740384773

My dog is not impressed

https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1429615426456236033

jloome
03-11-2022, 07:20 PM
Columbus has a brutally strong lineup, with depth in most positions. I wish otherwise but I'm guessing we lose 3-1, and that's an optimistic take.

los sonadores
03-11-2022, 11:24 PM
For the game a couple weeks ago I decided to head to The Wheat Sheaf (various reasons), and sure they had it on some TVs but no game audio and the moment the Leafs broadcast started at 7pm, they changed over half the TVs to that.

Not really keen on going back there for tomorrow's game against Columbus. Someone else mentioned Firkin on Harbour. Are there any other locations in the downtown Toronto area where a decent group will be gathering to watch, and where they'll have the audio/commentary on?

It’s been difficult to find anywhere to watch in Toronto the past couple of years or so. Mostly disheartening. The Monarch Tavern can usually be convinced to play the match (sometimes with sound sometimes not) but I haven’t tried it this season yet.

The Brazen Head in Liberty Village has claimed to be a TFC pub but I find it’s hit and miss depending on what else is playing (and no audio). Across the road at The Craft I’ve had good luck (the manager is (or was) Irish and so he understands and has seemed happy to put the game on). Again, haven’t tried this season yet.

Sometimes the Dog and Bear on Queen will put TFC on one screen. The Paddock may play the match with audio and is a pleasant place but I’d call ahead to be sure.

I tried the Firkin on Harbour for the first time a couple of weeks ago and it was mostly empty with all screens to TFC but no audio (loud music not much to my taste).

Other than The Wheat Sheaf that’s about all I know. If anyone has any other ideas I’d also like to hear.

los sonadores
03-11-2022, 11:36 PM
As for predictions, we should be soundly beaten but who knows. Maybe BB will come with better tactics, maybe the space allowed will give us more time for decision making. And one more week to have begun to get used to playing together.

An early goal might help. Jimenez has looked capable of scoring a lot. I hope Pozuelo can sort himself out in Bradley’s system because we sure need all his skills. But it’s difficult to do that, no doubt, when so much else is not working around him.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-12-2022, 04:24 AM
A draw will be a great result for TFC, and if we play at the level we've done it in the first match, we may achieve that.
Otherwise it's a clear Columbus victory.

Changing my prediction, because Salcedo (and maybe 1-2 more starters) is out.

A draw will be a superb result for TFC.
TFC to win? Impossible.

magic1906
03-12-2022, 08:34 AM
Welcome to watch preview before match TFC, please give subscription if you like it :smilewinkgrin:
https://youtu.be/BkQaH5XWlwo

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 08:39 AM
Only see Shaff on the injured list & that's all people discuss - Akinola hasn't been back yet so don't count him yet at all.

Not expecting anything in terms of points out of this game. A good result would be some offensive threat that includes actual shots on goal (not just passing it around the top of the box) & some defensive solidity.

Wish Westberg would start but Bono seems the guy for now.

Red CB Toronto
03-12-2022, 09:49 AM

Come by the Millstreet Pub in the Distillery District, they are very TFC friendly as the official beer of the team, a bunch of us will be there.

Come by the Millstreet Pub in the Distillery District, they are very TFC friendly as the official beer of the team, a bunch of us will be there.

Gringo Starr
03-12-2022, 10:25 AM
FWIW

Team flew down to Columbus today - charter

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1502432416740384773

My dog is not impressed

https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1429615426456236033

Impressed or not it is great to see your dog again

CBTFC
03-12-2022, 10:28 AM

Sold. That was one of the options on my mind, and works with my morning waterfront bike ride

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 12:04 PM
Gonna have to miss the first half due to work. I'll be back to rejoice/despair with you all in second half.

noxx98
03-12-2022, 12:30 PM
Hoping for a bounce back game from Mavinga and an MVP performance from Poz. Whoever plays LB (Petrasso or Chung) can maybe bring a bit more defensive play than Shaff. Today will likely be a loss, but hoping for some groundwork to be laid for future games.

gracos
03-12-2022, 12:39 PM
its a learning experience for all today, as long as we are improving each game, i will try and limit my complaining lol, but it will test my patience

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 12:54 PM
Let’s just play sensibly. Keep the fullbacks more anchored and don’t like the mids drift too far forward. Count on Pozuelo and Jimenez for offence in the counter.

Not saying we full bunker but a sense of pragmatism is welcome.

portu
03-12-2022, 01:00 PM
This is going to be nasty, I just hope it’s nasty enough to get their feet moving on some deals

notthesun
03-12-2022, 01:02 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1502700699381112833

Good lord this lineup

Bradley at CB and Mavinga not even on the bench, yikes

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 01:07 PM
The Bradley at CB thing in prior years was nothing short of huge disaster. Why are we going down this route again?

I expect Okello to actually turn in a real performance for once. If I hear “once he figures his game out, he’s going to be a force!” one more time, I’m going to lose it.

I am hoping the only reason Priso isn’t starting is fitness.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 01:13 PM
I am sure Michael Bradley will offset these two CPL guys and the 17 year old on the backline.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 01:21 PM
The Bradley at CB thing in prior years was nothing short of huge disaster. Why are we going down this route again?

I expect Okello to actually turn in a real performance for once. If I hear “once he figures his game out, he’s going to be a force!” one more time, I’m going to lose it.

I am hoping the only reason Priso isn’t starting is fitness.

Priso played all preseason and has been available all three weeks this year, he should be fit enough to play 60+ minutes. I am starting to think Bob just prefers Okello and MB to Ralph.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-12-2022, 01:23 PM

Maybe because his dad is the coach?

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 01:24 PM
Priso played all preseason and has been available all three weeks this year, he should be fit enough to play 60+ minutes. I am starting to think Bob just prefers Okello and MB to Ralph.
I fear that too. And I hate to say it but it’s a wholly ridiculous decision.

There is no TFC 11 that should include Chung, JMR, and Nelson but not Priso.

Heck, I’d argue he’d be one of our best 5 players in the 11 today if we actually put him out there.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 01:27 PM
https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/1502707066372333576

Valdal
03-12-2022, 01:41 PM
Anyone have a stream for the game today?

Richard
03-12-2022, 01:42 PM
Priso not starting is absurd.

The only hope of drawing with that lineup is if we play 6 at the back, 5 midfielders and no striker.

We're going to get lit up like a Christmas tree with MB at the back.

Richard
03-12-2022, 01:44 PM

http://sw.freestreams-live1.com/mls-2/

Valdal
03-12-2022, 01:46 PM
http://sw.freestreams-live1.com/mls-2/

Link isnt working :(

rydermike
03-12-2022, 01:46 PM
2 keepers on the bench. Are we that injured already?

rydermike
03-12-2022, 01:47 PM
Hesgoal. Com is usually good

SoccMan2
03-12-2022, 01:50 PM
Like what the fuck is going on here , after Insigne signing it’s been all talk and no action , by the time Insigne gets here the playoffs will be out of sight with these players . Insigne will be playing glorified exhibition games for the rest of the season .

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 01:52 PM
2 keepers on the bench. Are we that injured already?

3 injuries & a suspension

In essence,we only have 22 players.

jloome
03-12-2022, 01:53 PM
My only hope here is that he thinks Priso has serious ego and needs to be reined in. Because this seems foolish, or maybe just delusional. MBs defensive issues ar not just down to speed. He’s never been great at marking, he’s not tall, he’s not strong.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 01:54 PM
Come on you Reds

Bobo
03-12-2022, 01:54 PM
I feel my 3-0 bet may be surpassed after a half hour. This is a joke, really.

Gogon
03-12-2022, 01:55 PM
Why does the pitch in Columbus look so pristine? The weather/winter there isn't so different than it is here.

SoccMan2
03-12-2022, 01:56 PM
Hey TSN great audio !

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 01:56 PM
CBus people booing Bradley is just so CBus

Thomas
03-12-2022, 01:57 PM
Crew fans still booing MB like mad

RealG-TFC
THis is a brand new stadium why is the camera so shit? Zoomed in way too much

Richard
Why does the pitch in Columbus look so pristine? The weather/winter there isn't so different than it is here.

Superior management.

Richard
03-12-2022, 01:59 PM
THis is a brand new stadium why is the camera so shit? Zoomed in way too much

Low camera angles are the worst, it feels like watching a high school game.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:00 PM

It’s a soccer pitch not a CFL joint use field.

Thomas
03-12-2022, 02:01 PM
Reds looking sharp thus far

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:02 PM
Jahkeele down already.

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:02 PM
It’s a soccer pitch not a CFL joint use field.
Pretty irrelevant when the Argos haven't touched the pitch for months

Bobo
03-12-2022, 02:04 PM
Just as I was typing "so far so good" ...

I need MB at wing-back now.

MightyDM
Priso is still recovering from a serious injury and surgery. I don’t think we have any basis for judging BB’s thinking about him at this point. He looked really good in his minutes last week and BB certainly saw that. We will see him today.

Gogon

Right?

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:07 PM
Switch to a back 4 now maybe?
Petrasso McNaughton Bradley chung

Richard
Three games in and 4 injuries already?

notthesun
We literally have 1 healthy fullback in the entire roster now. Jesus christ

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:08 PM
Jesus is our saviour

Bushmancan
Believe in Jesus!!

rydermike
We literally have 1 healthy fullback in the entire roster now. Jesus christ
Getting rid of Auro makes less sense every day

Also I love how you wrote Jesus christ and then Jesus scored 5 seconds later lol

jloome
We have a striker

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 02:09 PM
Uh...ooookkkk

Bobo
I love MLS.

RealG-TFC
We've looked great thus far. Great goal. Love Achara's run into the box bringing attention to himself.

MightyDM

December. And you could see the CFL lines and sidelines on the pitch last week. It’s not the only issue but it’s an issue. The grass clearly hasn’t recovered from that game.

Also, the boo-ing of MB is despicable. What a bunch of entitled whiners USMNT fans are. He should be in a pedestal for his efforts and contributions to their teams success over the years.

barticusz
JMR looks very worried. I sure hope it’s not a long term injury. Poor kid

Yohan
Jesus scores!

Gogon
03-12-2022, 02:10 PM
We have a striker

There is an awful lot to like about this guy

barticusz
03-12-2022, 02:11 PM
Its nice having a striker that knows how to move and find his spots.

tfcfans
03-12-2022, 02:11 PM
.....and to think I bet on CBus and the over 2.5 goals total....how could anyone think otherwise with this lineup and after last weeks debacle.....and then Jesus scores....LOL.....

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:13 PM
Priso is still recovering from a serious injury and surgery. I don’t think we have any basis for judging BB’s thinking about him at this point. He looked really good in his minutes last week and BB certainly saw that. We will see him today.

Edit: Wileman just mentioned that BB said he was a little behind due to injury recovery.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:14 PM
So far so fun.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Nelson as a RB looks absolutely lost

notthesun
03-12-2022, 02:15 PM
Pozuelo is on his game today

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Poz playing well but looks slow and a bit cuddly to me.

barticusz
03-12-2022, 02:16 PM
Fantastic play so far. Super fun to watch.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 02:18 PM
7 Canadians started - Canuck for Canuck in the sub

Not likely to last this but CBus are letting Osorio & Okello boss the midfield - I think Porter might turn on the press if this keeps up.

Valdal
03-12-2022, 02:18 PM
Poz looks decent but needs to push some pace more...

Bushmancan
03-12-2022, 02:19 PM
Nelson as a RB looks absolutely lost

To be fair, so did JMR as a defender. Here’s hoping for energy and commitment.

:scarf:

Come on You Reds

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:21 PM
Petrasso was so close. What a nice passing play

barticusz
03-12-2022, 02:24 PM
Luca petrasso with a fantastic play there. Wow that was so good. Just need one more pass.

Bushmancan
Petrasso looks much faster this year than i thought he was last year.

Amir.
What a beautiful diagonal ball by Michael Bradley. Ends in a scoring chance

wesvahr
03-12-2022, 02:27 PM
Wide open game, fun to watch so far!

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:27 PM
Poz needed to put that in. Even though the linesman called it off, I think it would've counted.Achara was offside not Jimimez, but Achara wasn't part of the play

barticusz
03-12-2022, 02:29 PM
Poz is great today. He’s got his confidence back.

alex andrew
03-12-2022, 02:30 PM
i keep watching our number 5

with and without ball, like what i see so far, discreet, hard working...disciplined....

jloome
03-12-2022, 02:33 PM
We’re starting to be a little too precious, taking too much time. Need to get back to the early pace.

Soccerpro
03-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Jayden Nelson is going to end up costing us a goal.

Luca Petrasso is solid.

Some people on this forum owe Chung and McNaughton an apology for crapping on them so much in preseason. They’re experienced players and showing it.

jloome
03-12-2022, 02:34 PM
Welp! Nobody’s beating Nelson for recovery speed, that’s for sure.

jloome
03-12-2022, 02:36 PM
We’re benefitting from Derek Etienne being kind of shit.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:40 PM
Nelsen has played well but he sometimes sure doesn’t see a pass

RealG-TFC
Nelson just missed a simply ball into space for Jimenez. He's too much of a ball hog for my liking.

ag futbol
Skiing today and can’t watch the game. Do my eyes deceive me? Haha

JoesphNdo
03-12-2022, 02:44 PM
That's an outstanding half all things considered

Jiminez and Poz best players on the field. I also hate to keep going on about it, but it's incredible how much more coherent our attack looks without Bradley in the opposition half, he just isn't on the passing level of the other players there. We've had some beautiful moves and could be more than 1 up

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:45 PM
Well well well well well. Maybe BB knows what he is doing. And Maybe Chris Armas should have stick with the yutes

OgtheDim
Okello > Fraser

MightyDM
Also, Michael Bradley has been immense. Absolutely immense.

jloome
03-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Club’s playing really well. Bradley, McNaughton, Chung, Okello, Jimenez all having excellent games. Poz looks back, although not first-timing that through ball was a bit worrisome. Nelson doing well considering he’s on his weaker side and out of position. Only Osorio and Achara struggling a bit. Oso trying to force too much, Achara with his usual technique deficiencies; he routinely hits passes light and loses track of the play behind him.

On the whole, the defensive discipline is night and day compared to last week’s shambles.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:46 PM
Nelson just missed a simply ball into space for Jimenez. He's too much of a ball hog for my liking.

SNAP!

barticusz
03-12-2022, 02:47 PM
Okello with a number of great passes out of tight spaces. His decision making has been very quick. Really liking his play today.

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 02:52 PM
Okello > Fraser
Don’t let Caldwell hear you say that, haha

rydermike
03-12-2022, 02:58 PM
I've actually been thinking that same thingsince last year. Seems like too often he tries to do a 1v1 "show-off-y" deke or play instead of just making the easy play.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:58 PM
Club’s playing really well. Bradley, McNaughton, Chung, Okello, Jimenez all having excellent games. Poz looks back, although not first-timing that through ball was a bit worrisome. Nelson doing well considering he’s on his weaker side and out of position. Only Osorio and Achara struggling a bit. Oso trying to force too much, Achara with his usual technique deficiencies; he routinely hits passes light and loses track of the play behind him.

On the whole, the defensive discipline is night and day compared to last week’s shambles.

Shaff and JMR aren’t full backs. The first three goals were their joint fault - Shaff not shutting down the crosses and JMR not sensing the danger / covering his man on the first two and the shambles off the penalty. They may become fullbacks one day. But they aren’t, yet. JMR looked much better today at wingback as would Shaff. And I hope JMR’s knee is ok.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 02:59 PM
Zlelrayan is freezing! Hahahahha

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:01 PM
Bono really cannot distribute the ball. It’s like giving it to the other team.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:02 PM
JLoome you might be right about Etienne….

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:03 PM
Just got home. Shocked by the scoreline.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:05 PM

It’s deserved.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:07 PM
It’s deserved.

Very nice. Here's hoping they can hold up for another 40 minutes.

benito
03-12-2022, 03:09 PM
Big stop by Bono!

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:10 PM
Very nice. Here's hoping they can hold up for another 40 minutes.

Shut up, you idiot. I ever see you in the street and I'll kick your ass.

jloome
03-12-2022, 03:11 PM
Man… that’s rough. Nine times out of 10 that doesn’t make it all the way through to goal.

Inklink
Middle of the goal..

rydermike
Turn off your tv and go back out. That's the secret for our victories I guess. Just joking lol

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:12 PM
Bono should have had that. Out of absolutely nothing, not even serious pressure

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:12 PM
Man… that’s rough. Nine times out of 10 that doesn’t make it all the way through to goal.

That is the kind of goal only an elite player like Zelarayan can score on.

JoesphNdo
03-12-2022, 03:13 PM
I'm honestly not even worried about the scoreline, I'd written off this game, but if we can maintain our performance after this set back I'll be delighted whatever the score is. This has been a huge performance in the circumstances with so much to be happy about, I just hope we don't drop our heads now

Inklink
03-12-2022, 03:14 PM
Come on Priso

MightyDM
Bradley very strong right now. The yutes starting to make some mistakes.

tfcfans
.....and to think I bet on CBus and the over 2.5 goals total....how could anyone think otherwise with this lineup and after last weeks debacle.....and then Jesus scores....LOL.....

Feeling better about my bet and worse about my team.... would love to lose my bet and get a 1-1 tie......but ummm.... not thinking that’s too likely....

Easy money......

RealG-TFC
03-12-2022, 03:15 PM
Where in the world is Westberg?

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:16 PM
Nelson never picking up his head when dribbling is an issue.

Inklink
03-12-2022, 03:17 PM
McNaughton's hair colour and Bradley's bald head look similar from afar.

Inklink
03-12-2022, 03:18 PM
Bullshit yellow, of course they won't review that retroactively.

jloome
03-12-2022, 03:18 PM
Fucking terrible MLS reffing

and santos milking it.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Bad call leads to a bad goal.

leafsman
03-12-2022, 03:19 PM
Corrupt refs

Inklink
03-12-2022, 03:20 PM
Okello doing nothing on a set piece again

MikeForbes
For a guy who is 8 feet tall, Okello sure isn't great in the air.

OgtheDim
Awful call but awful marking by Priso & Okello

Yutes gotta learn....

jloome
Gah…

im pissed we’re losing but I wonder how much of this is the formation change leaving us too deep.

either way, undone by usual mls shittery

benito
Very poor marking on that goal.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:21 PM
This is why I hate VAR. That goal was off a free kick that clearly was not a free kick. No VAR on that yet it interferes all sorts of other times when it’s debatable.

Also, will the league apologize for this “obvious error”????

alex andrew
03-12-2022, 03:21 PM
they tire very fast, everybody can play 45 minutes

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:22 PM
Columbus can just casually bring on Zardes. We can have... Jordan Perruzza?

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:23 PM
I hope it starts raining we only win in the rain.

alex andrew
Very poor marking on that goal.

five reds chased a ball that went to yellow

Bobo
Follow-throughs are fouls these days. Sanchez was sent off vs. Liverpool in the Champions League for a softer one than that.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 03:24 PM
That stadium is not even half full

Nelsen doesn't trust his own pace

RealG-TFC
Again Nelson the dribble leading to a loss in possession.

SirBobSaget
Nelson is getting to be really annoying now, constantly losing the ball.

MightyDM
TFC YUTES look tired.

Amir.
second goal is on chung...didnt follow the player or the ball and his player got his head to the ball easily and it wasnt even a high ball

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:25 PM

Yeah, he needs to start showing something at this level.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Follow-throughs are fouls these days. Sanchez was sent off vs. Liverpool in the Champions League for a softer one than that.

That was never a foul in a hundred years. Replay was clear and obvious

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 03:26 PM
Can’t watch currently but that’s frustrating to hear. Thought he had a strong first game but seems to have regressed since.

Kid is not going to have a good pro career unless he learns to play inside the team more.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:28 PM
Columbus is just coming with wave after wave now. This is where having such a thin bench is hurting us.

MightyDM
Another phantom foul. Poz didn’t touch him. Good for MB giving the referee an earful.

gracos
Is it going to be like this until the Summer Window opens or are we going to bring in reinforcements during this window

jloome
Formation change was definitely a mistake. Weather may be a factor but everyone needs a moment too long now to find someone.

McNaughton is a beast. Probably could have played top level if identified younger.

edit: if he keeps playing
like this the national team could use him.

SirBobSaget
03-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Priso is now 1 for 4 in passing. Safe to say the formation change and sub of Achara hasn't worked.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:30 PM
Priso is a bit off today with his ball movement.

Bushmancan
03-12-2022, 03:32 PM
Seriously, how can Bono’s distribution be that bad.

SirBobSaget
03-12-2022, 03:32 PM
Bradley is having a good game at least. CBs have not been the problem.

jloome
03-12-2022, 03:33 PM
We can still get a point out of this.

Bobo
That was never a foul in a hundred years. Replay was clear and obvious

It was an obvious dive, but looked to me like Nelson caught the thigh.

MightyDM
Never a yellow. What on earth. Phantom again

MikeForbes
Bradley and MacNaughton are looking decent as a pairing. Petrasso is not quite looking like the same guy as last week.

jloome
03-12-2022, 03:34 PM
Given his day it would’ve made more sense to pull Osorio for Priso, although it must be said the kid looks rusty.

Bushmancan
Formation change was definitely a mistake. Weather may be a factor but everyone needs a moment too long now to find someone.

McNaughton is a beast. Probably could have played top level if identified younger.

edit: if he keeps playing
like this the national team could use him.

He is also playing with a pretty big knock, below his left eye. That does change the way you play and is a distraction….he has fought through that.

MightyDM
We are lucky Etienne and Fiaz cannot shoot

MikeForbes
The other Luis Diaz buries that.

jloome
Wow, gift miss.

now we HAVE to push up.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 03:36 PM
Play the yutes....

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:37 PM
Priso not exactly making a case to play more.

Richard
03-12-2022, 03:38 PM
The other Luis Diaz buries that.

When you order Luis Diaz from Wish. g:D

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:39 PM
I'd give a ton of GAM for Artur.

RealG-TFC
03-12-2022, 03:39 PM
Priso not sharp at all.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:40 PM
Impressed by MacNaughton.

notthesun
03-12-2022, 03:41 PM
Holy fuck that pisses me off, why are we playing the ball out for a non head injury when we're down a goal and chance to build something. Fuck off with that shit, garbage

rydermike
That was a perfect tackle by MacNaughton. Studs were not up, got all ball.

OgtheDim
Priso not exactly making a case to play more.

Yeh, he looks off the pace & his decision making is poor.

Richard
03-12-2022, 03:42 PM
Someone outa punch that idiot in the face then you'll being really rolling around on the ground.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:43 PM
Also, what happened to JMR? I seen he went off injured, how bad did it look?

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:44 PM
Holy fuck that pisses me off, why are we playing the ball out for a non head injury when we're down a goal and chance to build something. Fuck off with that shit, garbage

Totally agree. Plus, he was faking.

rydermike
03-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Also, what happened to JMR? I seen he went off injured, how bad did it look?

It was a non contact injury. Just randomly running and he went down. Tried to play through then went off again

RealG-TFC
03-12-2022, 03:45 PM
Poz is right, that's absolutely a card

jloome
03-12-2022, 03:46 PM
Well…
it has to be said, BB committed the cardinal sin of shifting to a defensive formation too early. It’s death in every pro sport.

We played pretty well across the board, very well in a few cases.

man… Oso blows the final ball. He had a pretty poor game unfortunately.

Still, hard to go out of this one feeling the same venom as past recent efforts. this is a competitive team, even without the extra bodies we clearly need.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:46 PM
It was a non contact injury. Just randomly running and he went down. Tried to play through then went off again

Oh, Jesus. That usually means a ligament tear.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 03:47 PM
Well…
it has to be said, BB committed the cardinal sin of shifting to a defensive formation too early. It’s death in every pro sport.

Achara wasn't effective & CBus was bossing the game before that move

BUT

the move didn't make it better because Priso hasn't been good enough.

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Twice now they have interfered with our free kicks, which is a yellow, and nothing. Poor and he is usually a good referee

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 03:48 PM
Whatever. Most of us would of taken a 2-1 loss 3 hours ago as sad as that sounds.

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 03:49 PM
Is it just me or is our #1 need right now and actual right sided forward winger?

Smokecell
03-12-2022, 03:50 PM
The change of shape was a death kiss. What a tale of two halves.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 03:51 PM
Is it just me or is our #1 need right now and actual right sided forward winger?

Can see that - not sold on Nelsen - he cuts inside way too much & doesn't take it out wide. Need some pace over there.

SoccMan2
03-12-2022, 03:52 PM
When will soccer introduce an actual game clock like other sports ? You stop the clock when there is an injury , that player was down more than 4 minutes and plus all the other stoppages and only 4 minutes of stoppage time ? As long as they keep having the ref keep time players will keep faking injuries why wouldn’t you fake an injury if your up and want to kill time .

mowe
03-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Horrible second half. We could barely make it past the halfway line.

Our center mids were really poor. Couldn’t match their physicality.

bhandsome90
03-12-2022, 03:53 PM
Right-side winger has been needed for awhile. Had Gallardo, but he never had playing time with Vanney and then got hurt last year. Team also needs proper FBs too.

JoesphNdo
03-12-2022, 03:54 PM
Way more positives than negatives there. It's a bit natural for a team lacking experience so much to drop the heads after conceeding, add in a change of formation and Columbus having a way deeper bench and there you go. I think there's alot to like with the youth and we aren't all that many signings away from being a play off team. Throw in insigne, a defensive mid fielder (our top need) and maybe another attacker and we'd be a team capable of upsetting anyone

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:56 PM
Well…

We played pretty well across the board, very well in a few cases.

man… Oso blows the final ball. He had a pretty poor game unfortunately.

Still, hard to go out of this one feeling the same venom as past recent efforts. this is a competitive team, even without the extra bodies we clearly need.

Yes. We were outplaying them until the change

MightyDM
03-12-2022, 03:57 PM
When will soccer introduce an actual game clock like other sports ? You stop the clock when there is an injury , that player was down more than 4 minutes and plus all the other stoppages and only 4 minutes of stoppage time ? As long as they keep having the ref keep time players will keep faking injuries why wouldn’t you fake an injury if your up and want to kill time .

Never.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 04:00 PM
Lessons

Priso 2022 is not as good yet as Priso 2021

Jayden Nelsen needs to see more game film & still ball watches tooi much

Okello is dang fine passer

Poz when motivated is a great player still

Oso can boss a game without looking like he is bossing a game

Jesus just scores goals & works like stink

Bono can make saves but still can't marshal a back line

McNaughton & Chung are MLS #3 & #4 level - better then Zavs

Bradley at CB when not facing pace is OK - once they started running right at him, he melted

Achara hasn't been good enough

We under hit passes all game long - weird

I prefer 2022 TFC to 2021, even though the results may not be all that different for the first few months.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 04:01 PM
BTW, I think with Salcedo & Mavinga, we win that game.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 04:04 PM
We desperately need a fullback if JMR is a long-term thing. Loaning Auro out makes zero sense and they will pay the price now.

ag futbol
03-12-2022, 04:07 PM

Not doubting your opinion but I did notice the below on Twitter which I must say matches up with some of my prior observations about his game (he hot-potatoes the ball). Assume he did better today?

https://twitter.com/GalindoPW/status/1502742824382603266

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 04:08 PM
We desperately need a fullback if JMR is a long-term thing. Loaning Auro out makes zero sense and they will pay the price now.

Auro wanted out - he was never going to stay.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 04:14 PM

Hadn't realized he wanted out. Guess that is different. Still need another fullback and maybe two.

rydermike
03-12-2022, 04:15 PM
I never got that sense. I feel like he was pushed out. He loved it here. He was out in a Canada jersey, smiling at training camp, etc

reggie
03-12-2022, 04:21 PM
good 1st half.the kids lost there way in the 2nd.poz,oso,JJ not good enough in the 2nd,missed all kind of passes.bono postioning is brutal

SneijderOranje
03-12-2022, 04:41 PM
Lessons

Priso 2022 is not as good yet as Priso 2021

Jayden Nelsen needs to see more game film & still ball watches tooi much

Poz when motivated is a great player still

Oso can boss a game without looking like he is bossing a game

Jesus just scores goals & works like stink

Bono can make saves but still can't marshal a back line

McNaughton & Chung are MLS #3 & #4 level - better then Zavs

Bradley at CB when not facing pace is OK - once they started running right at him, he melted

Achara hasn't been good enough

We under hit passes all game long - weird

I prefer 2022 TFC to 2021, even though the results may not be all that different for the first few months.

to me okello's passes were heavy when he had time and off the mark when he was pressured.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 04:44 PM
OK, I stand corrected on Okello...the guy can pass when he doesn't have time to think (this reminds me of Oso circa 2014).

leedsandTFC
03-12-2022, 06:33 PM
some very good stuff in first 55 mins today, better than almost any period of last season and with basically 2/3 of a roster.

the worrying this is the way we collapse when we concede.

annoying that the summer window is far better for player recruitment, but id rather a few months of playing kids and such than signing a bunch of MLS journeymen out of desperation who we're then stuck with for years. insigne and salcedo in that lineup today and we win comfortably, and i reckon we'll add a few more starting pieces too.

stevep
03-12-2022, 06:46 PM
Want some honest after game comments?
Want some real after game comments?
Want some good after game comments?
Go to TFC’ s Instagram page
It blows this message board away

reggie
03-12-2022, 06:55 PM

so why are you here...this is a supporters site not bandwagon site. btw how many players were garbage today in your opinion

los sonadores
03-12-2022, 06:57 PM

Looks like the usual, small minded, instant, contextless and general venting that is often found in online comments. No thanks. Gives me a headache and rots the brain.

los sonadores
03-12-2022, 07:03 PM
Missed the match, no choice today, but sounds encouraging especially given the line up. I’ve thinking since preseason that two very young wingers without experience at full back is too much. One at a time okay, otherwise its going to help to have full backs on the pitch. We need a bit of stability to start getting anywhere.

stevep
03-12-2022, 07:16 PM
so why are you here...this is a supporters site not bandwagon site. btw how many players were garbage today in your opinion

Don’t know. I knew tfc would lose today so I did not waste two hours of my life watching the game

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 07:50 PM
There are reasons why I mute some people that I occasionally forget
&
I will never rely upon twitter or insta for post game discussions for many of the same reasons.

In the cold light of the day, the team is getting better & that is enough, for now.

MikeForbes
03-12-2022, 07:59 PM
I'd much rather talk to everyone on here about the game.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 08:14 PM
Bradley post game

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/postgame-sound-bob-bradley-march-12-2022#postgame-sound-bob-bradley-march-12-2022

Once again, not happy but seeing progress.

noxx98
03-12-2022, 08:15 PM
Don’t know. I knew tfc would lose today so I did not waste two hours of my life watching the game
If you're only going to watch TFC when you know they'll win, you're really not going to watch them too much.

Despite the loss there were things to like in that game. It's enjoyable to have TFC back on my screen or in front of me at BMO.

portu
03-12-2022, 08:26 PM
If you're only going to watch TFC when you know they'll win, you're really not going to watch them too much.

Despite the loss there were things to like in that game. It's enjoyable to have TFC back on my screen or in front of me at BMO.
I didn't watch today either, the 18 was so beyond pathetic today - I couldn't justify even giving it my eyeballs. And I spend most weeks waiting for matches, so takes quite something for me to miss a match.

TFC1986
03-12-2022, 08:31 PM

Hopefully never. It's a free-flowing game. Meant to be a simple game that anyone can play without the need of $$$. I.e. don't need any equipment and rules are the same wherever you play.Let's every kid dream they can be soccer professional one day.

OgtheDim
03-12-2022, 08:36 PM
I didn't watch today either, the 18 was so beyond pathetic today - I couldn't justify even giving it my eyeballs. And I spend most weeks waiting for matches, so takes quite something for me to miss a match.

You missed a good first 55 - the offensive play & the work of the young defenders was worth the time. McNaughton getting a shiner & still playing through that - Chung with the Mavinga like tackles. Petrasso continuing to impress.

&

Jesus is just a consistant baller (although I'd note Bradley thought a bit before he answered the question about how well he is playing with Poz & ignored it by talking about how Poz is doing)

noxx98
03-12-2022, 08:44 PM
Jesus is just a consistant baller (although I'd note Bradley thought a bit before he answered the question about how well he is playing with Poz & ignored it by talking about how Poz is doing)
I get the sense that Bradley wants Jesus to play a certain way, and he isn't quite fitting in with that.

I noticed he's dropping quite deep at times. I don't blame him though - after 55 minutes we had nothing going forward and if he wanted to get touches he needed to come deep into our half in order to get involved.

portu
03-12-2022, 08:45 PM
You missed a good first 55 - the offensive play & the work of the young defenders was worth the time. McNaughton getting a shiner & still playing through that - Chung with the Mavinga like tackles. Petrasso continuing to impress.

&

Petrasso looks immense. Really looking forward to seeing that. I liked Chung at CPL level, but I’m quite adamant he’s not ready to sit on an MLS bench yet.

noxx98
03-12-2022, 08:47 PM
Petrasso looks immense. Really looking forward to seeing that. I liked Chung at CPL level, but I’m quite adamant he’s not ready to sit on an MLS bench yet.
Chung did quite well today I think. Was much better then the preseason game where he got the start and was the cause of one or two goals.