PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 2 - NYRB @ TFC Sat March 5 2:00pm - I Need to Get Back to the Place

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
02-27-2022, 10:05 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-ImCpNqbJw

Another Day Another Dawn

Have At It People

Yuushalinsky
02-27-2022, 12:36 PM
We are now in the week of the return!

SoccMan2
02-27-2022, 12:41 PM
Curios to see if we finally get the crowds back ? I mean now if you don’t show up your tickets are lost no refund like last season . Moreover, did the Insigne signing bring in more season tickets holders ? Be nice to see a full house again after last season .

jloome
02-27-2022, 01:50 PM
This'll be interesting, as it's the kids versus the kids. Shite Bull's average age this season is 22(!).

Watching highlights from their game this week I like our chances. They won in a walk, but both teams looked sorta shit.

I'm going 2-1 for the good guys.

Red CB Toronto
02-27-2022, 04:42 PM
Curios to see if we finally get the crowds back ? I mean now if you don’t show up your tickets are lost no refund like last season . Moreover, did the Insigne signing bring in more season tickets holders ? Be nice to see a full house again after last season .

I am not sure, you can never tell from Ticketmaster as MLSE has been known to play games with scarcity. The do some things to make it seem at times that the crowd will be bigger than it actually is. It would be nice to see.

jloome
02-28-2022, 02:32 PM
Red Bulls have signed Ashley Fletcher on loan from Watford, former Man Utd youth striker whose PL career has fizzled.

He'll do really well in MLS, I imagine. The knock over there was that he had no work off the ball, as he actually scored at a good rate in recent years (he had two Cup appearances for Watford this year and scored two goals).

Klymala, their current striker, was a bit of a dud at Celtic and is average over here, so this will make them more dangerous. On the upside, they lost Sean Davis to Nashville via free agency in the offseason so our central mid gets a chance to shine.

SarniaTFC
03-01-2022, 07:44 AM
Red Bulls are definitely no push over. They’ve got some good young talent so I fully expect this to be a tight game and like every game this season we will have to be at our best to fight for points. But hopefully we can get BMO packed and rocking to welcome the lads home and get right behind them. Can’t wait, kid on Christmas Eve stuff starting to kick in. COYR

CBTFC
03-01-2022, 09:11 AM
Still 4 days out, but keeping an eye on the weather forecast for Saturday and it doesn't appear that it'll be "that" cold, somewhere around 0 give or take a few degrees and possibly some flurries.

OgtheDim
03-01-2022, 09:50 AM
In the email to members today

Starting March 1st, the province intends to lift all indoor and outdoor capacity restrictions for buildings, including stadiums like BMO Field.

Here are some key building policy changes in preparation for your return:

Following provincial guidance proof of vaccination will discontinue as a requirement for fans entering BMO Field. Confidence in the existing vaccination rates within the province, and the current epidemiology of COVID-19 as determined by public health officials, contributed to the decision. MLSE may reimpose the proof of vaccine mandate in the future should public health circumstances and direction require it.

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/peTBumdcVRMhmqdiCzmnOVaYc-JbKd9YCLP8rYEBhral84qZPBJvaCHerreGhnUUeGv1YuerQrTv ao2XMa8WLY87FbKuGUc_ctzjbD5aGCrDeYHxj4oSrAmnht_JtJ cBYvwl3ObjME8JxknIrF67r7s2cC2qew=s0-d-e1-ft#https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

Also aligning with provincial guidance, masks are no longer required at outdoor venues while sitting in your seat. Masks are still required while in indoor spaces (i.e. clubs and elevators) and they are recommended for outdoors when physical distancing is not possible.

https://ci6.googleusercontent.com/proxy/peTBumdcVRMhmqdiCzmnOVaYc-JbKd9YCLP8rYEBhral84qZPBJvaCHerreGhnUUeGv1YuerQrTv ao2XMa8WLY87FbKuGUc_ctzjbD5aGCrDeYHxj4oSrAmnht_JtJ cBYvwl3ObjME8JxknIrF67r7s2cC2qew=s0-d-e1-ft#https://image.info.mlse.com/lib/fe3b15717564047b761075/m/7/4e973645-6014-49e1-b849-c3a70c78d36a.gif

Ponderosa
03-01-2022, 10:23 AM
In the email to members today

There was very little masking to begin with as long as food and bev is being served - but still feel SSH should be given an option to opt out if they aren't comfortable with this approach.

rocktml
03-01-2022, 10:57 PM
So is it true? We are at 100% Capacity

Blindside16
03-02-2022, 04:33 AM
So is it true? We are at 100% Capacity

Yes BMO is back to 100% capacity

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/back-in-action

CBTFC
03-02-2022, 08:39 AM
Currently looking at the ticket availability for the game on ticketmaster, and at this point it seems like this game will be far from a sell out. Many tickets still available in pretty much all sections, and I'm actually surprised (maybe not surprised?) to see ticket prices such as $142 in section 107/108, and $279 in section $123.

Even Barcelona and Real Madrid fans wouldn't even pay that much see their teams in their own stadiums. TFC/MLSE is WAY off in terms of how they're currently valuing the team (re: product).

*end pseudo rant* ;)

Joe Kool
03-02-2022, 12:20 PM
There was very little masking to begin with as long as food and bev is being served - but still feel SSH should be given an option to opt out if they aren't comfortable with this approach.

Might see masks just for warmth this weekend....

MightyDM
03-02-2022, 12:24 PM
Currently looking at the ticket availability for the game on ticketmaster, and at this point it seems like this game will be far from a sell out. Many tickets still available in pretty much all sections, and I'm actually surprised (maybe not surprised?) to see ticket prices such as $142 in section 107/108, and $279 in section $123.

Even Barcelona and Real Madrid fans wouldn't even pay that much see their teams in their own stadiums. TFC/MLSE is WAY off in terms of how they're currently valuing the team (re: product).

*end pseudo rant* ;)

I,553 seats available right now, if you can believe ticketmaster and if my math was accurate. I just added all the seats available. Surprised to see some on the south end. On the other hand, my friend just cancelled due to lack of vaccine mandate so I can see that.

CBTFC
03-02-2022, 01:47 PM
I,553 seats available right now, if you can believe ticketmaster and if my math was accurate. I just added all the seats available. Surprised to see some on the south end. On the other hand, my friend just cancelled due to lack of vaccine mandate so I can see that.

I stand corrected! lol. Thank you for humbling me a touch.

noxx98
03-02-2022, 01:57 PM
Most of the seats that seem to be available look like re-sell tickets. Hoping for a mostly full house!

MightyDM
03-02-2022, 02:00 PM
I stand corrected! lol. Thank you for humbling me a touch.

well, ticketmaster can well be playing games. we shall see.

Oldtimer
03-02-2022, 02:01 PM

There's many reasons for lower attendance:

* Despite the popular wish for it to be over Covid is still here
* The MLS season has been starting much earlier in recent years, it's cold
* Prices are getting higher and higher, it looks like maximizing profit is ahead of maximizing attendance
* The team was very poor last year
* Insigne isn't here until July

Offsetting all that somewhat is that after a long break people look forward to the Home Opener, that's true in any sport. I guess we'll see what the actual attendance will be.

OgtheDim
03-02-2022, 02:33 PM
Might see masks just for warmth this weekend....

Masks instead of scarves have been the go to

Not going to lie - no way I would attend a maskless event inside.

&

If they make masks not mandatory on the TTC, that might put a crimp in me going.

Going to try out on Saturday & see but going to take a rapid test Monday morning FOR SURE.

ag futbol
03-02-2022, 04:56 PM
There's many reasons for lower attendance:

* Despite the popular wish for it to be over Covid is still here
* The MLS season has been starting much earlier in recent years, it's cold
* Prices are getting higher and higher, it looks like maximizing profit is ahead of maximizing attendance
* The team was very poor last year
* Insigne isn't here until July

Offsetting all that somewhat is that after a long break people look forward to the Home Opener, that's true in any sport. I guess we'll see what the actual attendance will be.
It’s stiff like this that leaves me with questions about Manning.

Undoubtedly, they know it’s cold still but they want an early home opener to remind people of the team and kick-start TV ratings. And yet… we price tickets in a way that limits the audience and also won’t look good on TV.

It’s like we cannot determine what our priorities are.

Auzzy
03-02-2022, 04:59 PM
Masks instead of scarves have been the go to

Not going to lie - no way I would attend a maskless event inside.

&

If they make masks not mandatory on the TTC, that might put a crimp in me going.

Going to try out on Saturday & see but going to take a rapid test Monday morning FOR SURE.

Co-signed. i would buy TFC- or RPB-themed N95s if they were available!

Luckily I can get to TFC games and most other things on my bike or on foot. 6.5 km walk one way, no problem, I can do that in just under an hour after the last two years of practice. Cheaper than the gym too!

nfitz
03-02-2022, 05:29 PM
Might see masks just for warmth this weekend....I found them very useful for smoke. In the past, if I got a good lung-full I'd be coughing for a few days - which is why I've left the front rows when the wind blows the wrong way. But last season, I found I could stand right in the middle of it, with no problems! I think I'll be doing that during smoke for years to come!

I'm not thrilled they are removing the vaccination requirement - but I can see that the utility of that is reducing over time.

Red CB Toronto
03-03-2022, 01:28 AM
The turf looks a little beaten up. After two days of the Reds training at BMO in the lead to Saturday hopefully the grounds crew can work their magic.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FM3DQVbXsAU7WbY?format=jpg&name=large

Auzzy
03-03-2022, 01:37 AM
The turf looks a little beaten up. After two days of the Reds training at BMO in the lead to Saturday hopefully the grounds crew can work their magic.

There's an article in the Sun. They couldn't used their Downsview training ground because of snow and ice. This surprised me: don't they have the bubble up for that purpose? In the past years they often had videos of them under the bubble during pre-season.

So they trained at BMO instead. From the comments it's clear the pitch is in pretty bad shape.

Red CB Toronto
03-03-2022, 01:46 AM
There's an article in the Sun. They couldn't used their Downsview training ground because of snow and ice. This surprised me: don't they have the bubble up for that purpose? In the past years they often had videos of them under the bubble during pre-season.

So they trained at BMO instead. From the comments it's clear the pitch is in pretty bad shape.

There is a bubble or at least there has been, its over the turf field. Have been in it a few times.

James17930
03-03-2022, 03:15 AM
Yikes, that's more than a little beaten up – it's half threadbare.

I'm really thinking we shouldn't be playing home games at BMO until at least April. Even if we have to start every season on the road a few games I think it would be better.

leedsandTFC
03-03-2022, 07:07 AM
Very limited tickets remaining on Ticketmaster, will be close to a sell out.

Should be 25k+ min, weather permitting.

Red CB Toronto
03-03-2022, 07:34 AM
Very limited tickets remaining on Ticketmaster, will be close to a sell out.

Should be 25k+ min, weather permitting.

Will not really know until once in the stands and we can eye ball things. TFC has been known in the past to play games with scarcity, making it appear there is more demand than there actually is. They never like it to look like there is a flood of tickets out there. As some have said with the much higher priced tickets these days MLSE appears to prioritize profit over attendance. Regardless it will be great to be back at BMO with more voices in the stands.

leedsandTFC
03-03-2022, 07:39 AM
Will not really know until once in the stands and we can eye ball things. TFC has been known in the past to play games with scarcity, making it appear there is more demand than there actually is. They never like it to look like there is a flood of tickets out there. As some have said with the much higher priced tickets these days MLSE appears to prioritize profit over attendance. Regardless it will be great to be back at BMO with more voices in the stands.
Are you saying they are withholding tickets from public sale to make it appear like there are more available?

More likely people are excited to see a new coach, new team

As of a couple weeks ago, was up to 22k+ SSH for the season, including all the most expensive seats sold, per bill manning btw.

OgtheDim
03-03-2022, 07:53 AM
Weather getting better - now saying 5 degrees that afternoon.

Joe Kool
03-03-2022, 10:59 AM
A fresh coat of green paint on the pitch will fix it up for the game viewing....haha.

jloome
03-03-2022, 02:04 PM
A fresh coat of green paint on the pitch will fix it up for the game viewing....haha.

I imagine they'll probably do something like that. They have a lot riding on this season helping a steady recovery from the last two years.

I looked at NYRBs performance from last week and they have some serious vulnerabilities. We should be able to get three points out of this one.

The Red Bulls are press, press, press. THey only completed 57% of their passes last week and had 35% of the ball. They won two more tackles than San Jose, but only 12 total.

But they won 3-1.

They committed TWENTY TWO fouls. So basically, they benefited from MLS' shit reffing and just pressured the ball insanely, then took advantage of turnovers.

They're young, inexperienced, and have two relatively inexperienced centre backs. But Cowell, Klymala, Fletcher are all dangerous.

I think we break out and get at least two this week, say 2-1 for the good guys.

noxx98
03-03-2022, 02:50 PM
https://globalnews.ca/news/8656822/toronto-fc-home-opener-crowd-covid/

Manning says he's expecting 23k+ to be in attendance.

magmadragon
03-03-2022, 04:43 PM
Anyone know if Heggie and his guys had the grow lights going? Maybe they didn't bust out the grow tent this year?

Gogon
03-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Anyone know if Heggie and his guys had the grow lights going? Maybe they didn't bust out the grow tent this year?

Neil answers your question in an excellent article right here:
https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2022/03/03/groundskeepers-battle-mother-nature-as-toronto-fc-prepares-for-home-opener.html

MikeForbes
03-03-2022, 05:22 PM
I'll say 1-0 TFC. The Red Bulls are an awful team to watch and play against though.

magmadragon
03-03-2022, 05:48 PM
https://www.thestar.com/sports/soccer/2022/03/03/groundskeepers-battle-mother-nature-as-toronto-fc-prepares-for-home-opener.html

Brilliant, thank you.

Mr. Inbetween
03-03-2022, 06:34 PM

Brilliant, thank you.

Agree, excellent article; insightful.
I'd say 'a bit in the weeds', yet Heggie might retort 'call me a groundskeeper one more time'.

MightyDM
03-03-2022, 11:08 PM
Haggie basically says late Argo game cost us, then difficult winter. But with no Argos, and an early TFC exit last year, I’m betting the field was in good shape before the winter and would have survived much better. It really matters now that we are getting players like Insigne here. They need to report back to the facilities are class.

OgtheDim
03-04-2022, 07:40 AM
February was really unusual in the amount of snow we got in January on that one day was coupled with a few more days of snow wallops & not having any sustained periods of thawing - like usually there are 4 days in a row of +5 sometime in January & February.

I think in this case, the answer to our field woes truly is "[insert Curtis' favourite phrase]" :)

613reppingTFC
03-04-2022, 09:38 AM

Interesting that he noted in the article they cannot use the lights in 35km/h winds..you'd think with the amount invested in everything that they would have a way to weigh down the lighting system in order to prevent them from falling over. At the same time, maybe that much weight would somehow damage the field. However, it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it. I actually saw an interesting short video the other day about the science behind football pitches if anyone is interested the link is below
https://youtu.be/frGHtxOkVl8

Canary10
03-04-2022, 10:44 AM
Interesting that he noted in the article they cannot use the lights in 35km/h winds..you'd think with the amount invested in everything that they would have a way to weigh down the lighting system in order to prevent them from falling over. At the same time, maybe that much weight would somehow damage the field. However, it was a good article and I enjoyed reading it. I actually saw an interesting short video the other day about the science behind football pitches if anyone is interested the link is below
https://youtu.be/frGHtxOkVl8

Wow, really? I don't think there's been a day this winter without winds above 35km/h along the Lakeshore. I say that as someone training for a marathon who's had to run into them on a daily basis.

Auzzy
03-04-2022, 12:27 PM
There is a bubble or at least there has been, its over the turf field. Have been in it a few times.

I was going to respond to you, wondering why they just haven't used the Downsview bubble for training this winter. But I guess it's explained in the excellent Neil Davidson article linked below: "With the fields at TFC’s north Toronto training centre still frozen and an aging artificial pitch there not a desirable option, the club has been training all week at BMO Field where the pitch looked sparse and spotty in places." So probably the Downsview bubble is over the aging artificial pitch, and they don't want to use that to avoid injury.

But then I have to ask: why didn't they replace that artificial turf at Downsview, considering how much they're spending on players? There was plenty of time to do that last year due to all the forced breaks for both pro & amateur sports. Anybody know if there are supply chain problems with artificial turf at the moment?

The weather really has been crazy this winter, with extended cold periods plus snow, and more and bigger fluctuations than normal. (We just kept marching on though: we walked and hiked over 150 km in January, despite being forced into COVID quarantine at the beginning of the month...)

Auzzy
03-04-2022, 12:51 PM
I'm not going to bother listening to what Bill Manning says about sales and attendance. There are way too many variables. Could by hyping scarcity to sell more tickets for the game. Could be lots of tickets sold, but not many attending due to a variety of reasons. Could be fairly well packed if people are happy to get out of the house again, and with Insigne creating a bit of a buzz in the off-season. We'll never know the full picture on sales, but we will see actual attendance tomorrow.

Red CB Toronto
03-04-2022, 02:50 PM

The light were out over night based on a report from down at the stadium today. Training was later in the afternoon today I assume to let Heggie and company try and get thing somewhat ok for tomorrow. The Reds have been out there 4 straight days this week.

https://scontent.fymy1-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/274673477_688666462268895_4606266889974612623_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeFxRWebBRji_4wjkL4uZq138O3w-dHri-vw7fD50euL6_0Ct2vvRtanin1Saex4O40&_nc_ohc=ajoBlgv_u3UAX-DQVho&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-2.fna&oh=03_AVLN6mU7yeklkKLibDjgla4QoBQ2chgk69VdyEJmrmu8 PA&oe=6249EC2D

rydermike
03-04-2022, 07:49 PM
Do the games give on the radio? Going to be driving and am going to miss the first half.

OgtheDim
03-05-2022, 06:56 AM
GAME DAY.....:scarf::flare::drum:

OgtheDim
03-05-2022, 07:42 AM
Officials

Toronto FC vs New York Red Bulls
BMO Field (2PM ET)
REF: Rubiel Vazquez
AR1: Lyes Arfa
AR2: Gianni Facchini
4TH: David Barrie
VAR: Carol Anne Chenard
AVAR: Cory Richardson

Source

http://proreferees.com/2022/03/03/2022-mls-assignments-week-2/

Red CB Toronto
03-05-2022, 08:54 AM
Do the games give on the radio? Going to be driving and am going to miss the first half.

Yes on TSN Radio 1050.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 09:43 AM
Gotta think we'll see basically the same lineup as last week except with Achara starting over Kerr. Could probably put in a shout for O'Neill over Mavinga.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 09:54 AM
I find the marketing for this game strange. They are treating it like they didn't play at all in Toronto last year and there wasn't 4 months of fans being there (albeit not many showed up).

OgtheDim
03-05-2022, 10:01 AM
2 years

Lost time

Lost family

Lost lives

Lost just lost sooooooo damn much

😔

Don't know if I'm ready for this

But... It's time

Wearing a mask

Wearing red

Wearing some tears about all this at some point too 😢

And still...

Home

Finally

TFC till I die

Enjoy the day everybody

MightyDM
03-05-2022, 10:09 AM
I think we see a bit of rotation. Perhaps McNaughton along with Salcedo. Priso sighting. The big question is, who can handle the press? What other skills do we need ie quick recovery (JMR) heading (?)(McNaughton) positional discipline (Priso)

AdamAM
03-05-2022, 10:52 AM
Loved what Achara and O'Neill brought last game, hoping Priso makes an appearance as well. JJ gonna open his TFC account today just watch :megaphone:

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 11:00 AM
Loved what Achara and O'Neill brought last game, hoping Priso makes an appearance as well. JJ gonna open his TFC account today just watch :megaphone:

JJ and Salcedo are both opening their accounts today. Changing my prediction to 2-0 because I got that gameday excitement in my stomach right now.

Hope everyone going makes their voices heard and stays safe. I'll hold down the fort on here. ;)

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 01:25 PM
That field looks rough based on pregame photos on Twitter.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 01:29 PM
Petrasso makes his MLS debut.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1500171733269110796?s=20&t=d_FtWtJpy84_vWYVhZxlAQ

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 01:32 PM
Gonna assume Petrasso will be the LB with Shaff moving into a more advanced position. Nelson to the right side.

ManUtd4ever
03-05-2022, 01:39 PM
I'm enjoying seeing the youth movement in effect.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-05-2022, 02:03 PM
WOW, the pitch looks horrible...

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 02:06 PM
WOW, the pitch looks horrible...

Hope something came up and Insigne is too busy to watch today's game.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 02:17 PM
Love how all the kids are lined up together looking very nervous in the tunnel and Salcedo, Poz and Jesus look ever so calm, just chatting away.

barticusz
03-05-2022, 02:19 PM
Looks pretty empty. Hope that just means everyone is still getting to their seats.

notthesun
03-05-2022, 02:22 PM
This is the worst I can remember the pitch looking at BMO, jeez.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 02:30 PM
nope Shaffelburg left back and Petrasso wing

SirBobSaget
Red Bulls get away with so much tugging and pushing, the Burnley of MLS. And what is up with that Tolkin (#47) hairstyle? Making himself even more annoying. I remember a few s%%-disturber exchanges he initiated with TFC players last year.

Richard
The pitch looks dire. Wtf have they been doing to it.

gracos
03-05-2022, 02:33 PM
night and day different from last year, im enjoying this and should only get better after more games due to building of chemistry

SirBobSaget
03-05-2022, 02:34 PM
Liking what Petrasso is brining so far. Certainly way more desire than what Kerr showed.

notthesun
Petrasso looking way better than Kerr did last week early on here.

jloome
night and day different from last year, im enjoying this and should only get better after more games due to building of chemistry

On the upside, the energy of two pressing teams is pretty fun to watch.

Kamp Berg
03-05-2022, 02:36 PM
Rutty’s looking good, it’s not hard to see his potential

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:41 PM
Petrasso looking good. Good combination play from our players. Nelson needs to get involved and keep wide on the right. Everything is going down our left side.

Smokecell
Nelson with some beef on him looks like a proper footballer. I see good things in his future and I’m very glad to finally be able to say it.

jloome
Ah, damn it. That's a tough one. He's not well marked but that's a great finish anyway.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:42 PM
I watched Lewis Morgan saunter into the box unmarked and thought uh-oh. Just nobody felt like marking him. Pretty pathetic. Looks like Nelson didnt feel like trying hard to run back and pick him up.

notthesun
03-05-2022, 02:43 PM
Cheap one to give up there...

Soccerpro
Poz robbed by the RB keeper.

Amir.
what a bad giveaway by Osorio in his half which was the start of the goal

Gazza
Nelson's out for a skip today.

rocktml
I fucking knew it!!!! Oh man I wish I posted my game results before hand. I told my buddy tfc lose this game 2-1. Red Bulls score before the 20th minute mark TFC respond but New York score a late second half goal to win the game mark my words boys

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:44 PM
Nelson's out for a skip today.

He doesnt look as bad as last year, but he doesnt look like the same player as last week either.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:46 PM
Nelson beats his man after a foul not called, and then tries to do too much rather than playing the simple ball to Jimenez. Don't start this crap again like last year. Just play the damn ball when its on.

SirBobSaget
03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
Why is Caldwell's initial impression always wrong. "That was not a foul', then after the replay 'oh I guess it was a foul'

gracos
03-05-2022, 02:47 PM
i see that this year is going to be an adjustment year but still liking the new playstyle

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:49 PM
2-0 Goal NYRB.

Kamp Berg
WTF!

Richard
Is Bono blind?

gracos
Bono needs to be substituted at half wow

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:50 PM
Steven Caldwell "I think thats offside" - "nope"

Richard
Looks offside. But here we go again with VAR.

jloome
Fight back time.

notthesun
Of course no VAR review after last week they overturn a call to go against us for less. Fuck VAR.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 02:52 PM
What is this midfield shape? Bradley and Osorio are basically on top of each other and leaving so much space in the middle. Simply unacceptable so far.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:52 PM
Bono needs to be substituted at half wow

2 goals off of 2 great shots from a wide open player. I'm no Bono lover, but those aren't on him.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 02:53 PM
Osorio has been really bad

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:54 PM
We've got nothing going on down the right side. Our 3 man CM are all within 5 feet of each other. Our spacing is baaaaaaad.

portu
I’m trying not to pass judgement because I like BB as coach, but this roster does not fucking cut it. They better demonstrate this to be a “it gets worse before it gets better” situation because I strongly believe the quality of this XI and overall roster is unacceptable given resources and ambition.

Oldtimer
What is this midfield shape? Bradley and Osorio are basically on top of each other and leaving so much space in the middle. Simply unacceptable so far.

You've nailed it. Positioning has been an issue.

Richard
03-05-2022, 02:55 PM
2 goals off of 2 great shots from a wide open player. I'm no Bono lover, but those aren't on him.

Yeah looking at the replay they were great shots but nothing that's not savable. Defense is not tight enough.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 02:57 PM
Rewatching goal #1 - we give the ball away in midfield, Michael Bradley's man flies by him and then passes to wide open teammate for the goal.

It's going to be a long season if we don't start a more mobile DM that can cover ground and break up opposition attacks.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 02:57 PM
Shaffelburg hasnt been good with the ball

Oldtimer
03-05-2022, 02:58 PM
TFC needs to play through the middle instead of only relying on wing play + crosses.

PizzaEatingYeti
Sorry but we're playing like headless chicken.
Some shockingly bad decisions in important moments.

jloome
We're playing a rotational zone triangle in the middle, which is not somethign we've ever done in the past, so we've been out of position a couple of times.

Really, we're better than the scoreline right now. This is down to two great finishes and our young players making a bad final choice in the ball they deliver or where they take their run.

NY is playing a 'force mistakes and capitalize on space' system, which we have the skill to beat but which punishes inexperience and mistakes.

If we fail to get anything out of this, which seems quite possible right now, I'm putting it down to young players, new system. But they're not playing badly.

Thomas
03-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Nelson has been one of those

jloome
03-05-2022, 02:59 PM
Oh damn son!

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:00 PM
Jesus!!!!!

Soccerpro
Goal Jimenez!

gracos
Usually Jesus Saves but our Jesus scores goals

MikeForbes
Petrasso has been excellent.

notthesun
Petrasso is cooking his guy every time he can turn and run at him. BBQ chicken.

jloome
Holy crap that was composed. For all his attempts at blunt directness, Caldwell called that one right. Composed striker.

Thomas
03-05-2022, 03:01 PM
JJ is the man

Gazza
Jesus saves...if only Bono did

SirBobSaget
What a debut by Petrasso so far. TFC has lacked gys willing to take on the defenders for years. MAybe only Laryea doing that last year.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:03 PM
Petrasso and Nelson swtiched sides it seems.

portu
JJ brilliant signing

MikeForbes
Nelson looks much more comfortable on the left.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:04 PM
It seems our wingers only want to play on the left this year.

Thomas
Crap

Soccerpro
Wow thats embarrassing.

jloome
No call on the Rutty foul in the buildup, clear shove.

Come on VAR, what the fuck.

MikeForbes
What the fuck are we doing?!

Gazza
That was something.

Richard
03-05-2022, 03:05 PM
Hat trick in a half. Congrats to him.

mowe
Just unbelievably horrific defending. Flashbacks to last year.

portu
Defending is embarrassing, which makes sense because they only signed one starter in the off-season and kept our shitty keeping

Thomas
Yeah that looks like a foul Caldwell

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:06 PM
No call on the Rutty foul in the buildup, clear shove.

Come on VAR, what the fuck.

I don't think it was a clear shove.

MikeForbes
I just think JMR got bullied. He's been getting bullied all day. This is Red Bulls football and I hate it.

notthesun
Shaffelburg NEEDS to foul there. You're not getting a red card that far from goal. Rugby tackle the guy if you have to, he can't get that pass off.

Soccerpro
4-1.

gracos
well?? what now

Thomas
Complete meltdown

portu
03-05-2022, 03:07 PM
I hope the press roasts this clubs transfer policy after today. This is abhorrent.

leafsman
That was as much of a shove as calling back the pk last week. So inconsistent and now game over

jloome
Looked like Jimenez marking him, let him go. Could be wrong.

That's a killer.

Richard
:facepalm:

Asleep at the wheel or ball watching.

gracos
When is Criscito coming?? lol we need anyone who knows how to defend

MikeForbes
Simply not good enough. Bob needs to take his son off at halftime and set the tone for the rest of the game.

Oldtimer
03-05-2022, 03:08 PM
No coming back from this.

PizzaEatingYeti
03-05-2022, 03:08 PM
Another year, yet the same non-existent defense.
Good evening guys, I can't watch this anymore.

portu
03-05-2022, 03:09 PM
Salcedo is the only player at the back who is actually of starting quality.

gracos
take Pozuelo and Salcedo off, we dont need them to get injured, this game is cooked

Soccerpro
Put on Priso for Bradley and take off Jayden Nelson for literally anyone. Osorio stinks today and JMR is having a tough time get bullied.

Bushmancan
03-05-2022, 03:10 PM
At the game, it looks like they are really physical (some questionable) but we can’t handle it. Not sure what it look like but Vasquez is being inconsistent at best.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:11 PM
Give Petrasso the armband at half. The only guy showing anything this half.

gracos
03-05-2022, 03:11 PM
great money being spent on Salcedo, i was hoping he could be a backline marshall, that is what our team needs, just so much youth maybe too much

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:12 PM
Now Shaff is hurt in a position where we have nobody at all.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:13 PM
If we don't get a DM destroyer, this is going to happen all season.

It would also be nice to see TFC players do absolutely anything down the right touchline this season.

OgtheDim
03-05-2022, 03:13 PM
Thoughts

It's good to be back.

The young guys need to learn

The defence needs to learn

This loss brought to you by Ali Curtis

gracos
03-05-2022, 03:14 PM
Bob doesnt think any subs need to be made at half time, just leave it like it is, maybe i was too hopeful

notthesun
Man... this feels like a harsher scoreline than we might have deserved but we're also just so naive out there. RBNY know exactly what they're doing and we're still trying to figure things out.

jloome
I'm going to be today's apologist I guess, but...

GOal two was offside. Goal three was a clear shove (look at how Rutty goes down, and Klymala's arm was extended, so...)

So it's two sloppy goals from not tightly marking Lewis Morgan enough, and two that could easily have been called back.

Where we've failed has been in not recognizing a pressing team would trap both wingbacks, relying on their lack of experience to lead to loose balls, and in assuming a rotational midfield triangle would react or position relative to each other with enough speed and accuracy to shut down a team running a fast break counter.

So we've had a couple of youthful errors and possible a poor initial tactical approach. I put most of this one on BB, not player quality.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:16 PM
Bob doesnt think any subs need to be made at half time, just leave it like it is, maybe i was too hopeful

He needs to change the midfield. Priso and Okello should both be on at half. I'd take Bradley and Nelson off, move Osorio out wide right.

jloome
03-05-2022, 03:16 PM
If we don't get a DM destroyer, this is going to happen all season.

It would also be nice to see TFC players do absolutely anything down the right touchline this season.

Yeah, he's trying to compensate by treating Oso and Bradley as dual pivots, with Pozuelo occasionally dropping centrally to make up a channel.

But it's not reactive enough to the break; there's rarely a player back ahead of the attackers to shield the backline.

Bring in Priso in the second half, assuming he's up to speed, play him as an anchor. Take off MB, as he's not contributing much and he can't cover the backline.

gracos
03-05-2022, 03:17 PM
NYRB look to be going to the playoffs if they continue like they are, we on the other hand are going through a rebuild year, and there is bound to be more results like this

Richard
03-05-2022, 03:18 PM
We need to play counter attacking football if we have any hope of being competitive. To many young and naïve players out there, also doesn't help when we have the slowest and worn out DM in the league.

Gogon
03-05-2022, 03:20 PM
Rewatching goal #1 - we give the ball away in midfield, Michael Bradley's man flies by him and then passes to wide open teammate for the goal.

It's going to be a long season if we don't start a more mobile DM that can cover ground and break up opposition attacks.

This. 1000 times. Bradley looked like he was running in sand. As he always does. That created the odd-man advantage and so of course Morgan was unmarked.
Love the guy, but he's our weakest link. I believe a lot of these observations about our mids being on top of one another are also due to Bradley's lack of mobility. Agree with portu's comment on our transfer policy. But the focus has been on our lack of experienced wingbacks (I'm guilty of that). What this team lacks most is a #6. I know everyone is high on Priso, and he looks like a guy with a bright future. But I don't think he's ready to marshal a team yet. We need a new 6.

Soccerpro
Yeah, he's trying to compensate by treating Oso and Bradley as dual pivots, with Pozuelo occasionally dropping centrally to make up a channel.

But it's not reactive enough to the break; there's rarely a player back ahead of the attackers to shield the backline.

Bring in Priso in the second half, assuming he's up to speed, play him as an anchor. Take off MB, as he's not contributing much and he can't cover the backline.

You're right, he just can't cover the backline. I don't even care about having a Diego Chara level DM out there, I'd settle for Samuel Piette from Montreal shielding the backline. It's so obviously needed.

ag futbol
Shaff might become a fullback some day but he’ll struggle to ever be one in this system. Can’t play out of the back and we badly need that cause of our desire to keep possession.

Bradley looks like he’s done as a starter and maybe just finished period. He is labouring to keep up with play and is a non factor in terms of shielding the back line. A huge issue in a midfield 3. Needs to be addressed immediately.

We have too many people “learning” on the field at the same time. Some of these kids need to sit and we really need some more experienced players.

Getting rid of Auro was a mistake.

One positive: Petrasso.

Bobo
03-05-2022, 03:22 PM
Imagine a professional club thinking so little of the full-back positions. But hey, at least they're doing UNICEF's work.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:23 PM
Shaff might become a fullback some day but he’ll struggle to ever be one in this system. Can’t play out of the back and we badly need that cause of our desire to keep possession.

Bradley looks like he’s done as a starter and maybe just finished period. He is labouring to keep up with play and is a non factor in terms of shielding the back line. A huge issue in a midfield 3. Needs to be addressed immediately.

We have too many people “learning” on the field at the same time. Some of these kids need to sit and we really need some more experienced players.

Getting rid of Auro was a mistake.

One positive: Petrasso.

We could sure use both Auro and Delgado right now. And who is this Scianitti jabroni mark? His face annoys me.

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 03:25 PM
We could sure use both Auro and Delgado right now. And who is this Scianitti jabroni mark? His face annoys me.
He looks like one of us: too ugly for TV 😂

Smokecell
Criscito couldn’t have picked a better time to join up

Richard
What still baffles me is that you have someone like Morgan available as a free agent but do not sign him.

He is a good serviceable defensive player with experience, and at this stage we need some vets to help us tread water.

Then we get rid of Auro as well. Why?

Amir.
03-05-2022, 03:27 PM
red bulls made playoffs last twelve years not gonna change this year

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:29 PM
Bono saved a goal there. Looks like he cant be blamed for everything today.

notthesun
03-05-2022, 03:30 PM
Yeah can we get Priso on? We have nothing defensively in front of our backline.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:31 PM
Bono saved a goal there. Looks like he cant be blamed for everything today.

I am no fan of Bono, but blaming him for today is just ignoring the real problems.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:31 PM
I'd like to see JMR try to get forward this half. He just did it. He can't sit back the entire time. He needs to get involved and overlap.

gracos
03-05-2022, 03:33 PM
We either need a Goalkeeper marshalling the defensive line or a defender assigned to keep our players in position, or it will continue to be ugly

jloome
03-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Gahd... I know it sounds sour grapes when you're down 4-1, but Red Bulls are a dirty, CONCACAF-Y team. They headbutt, they elbow, they dive on a breath of contact.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:34 PM
Nelson needs to put a cross in. We had them out numbered in the box and he just Soteldo'd it.

Thomas
03-05-2022, 03:35 PM
Petrasso looking good

ag futbol
We either need a Goalkeeper marshalling the defensive line or a defender assigned to keep our players in position, or it will continue to be ugly
The problem is the CB’s have no shielding. Osorio and Pozuelo too far forward and Bradley non-factor. Salcedo is trying to control the space in front and in behind at the same time and dealing with inexperienced fullbacks.

But yes. I would take a new keeper too, for sure

jloome
Nelson needs to put a cross in. We had them out numbered in the box and he just Soteldo'd it.
Yup, a difference between composed and indecisive.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:36 PM

He really needs to learn to release the ball quicker. He's done it a few times already. He did it a lot last season.

jloome
03-05-2022, 03:37 PM
The problem is the CB’s have no shielding. Osorio and Pozuelo too far forward and Bradley non-factor. Salcedo is trying to control the space in front and in behind at the same time and dealing with inexperienced fullbacks.

I mean, let's not give Salcedo a complete pass, as he let Klymala go on that breakaway and he's had some sloppy passes. He's not the reason we're down but he's not playing as well as last week.

I dunno, I see something tactically in this that was a problem before, which is an arrogant belief in our inherent superiority. I don't doubt if both clubs were playing possession based systems that we have the skill players, but they're playing a press and we didn't adjust.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:40 PM
Give me Aaron Long on my team any day of the week. Most underappreciated player in MLS.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:40 PM
With Petrasso at LB we now have absolutely nothing going on down either wing. We also don't really have anything happening in the middle.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:41 PM
Achara sucks and is not MLS quality.

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 03:42 PM
I mean, let's not give Salcedo a complete pass, as he let Klymala go on that breakaway and he's had some sloppy passes. He's not the reason we're down but he's not playing as well as last week.

I dunno, I see something tactically in this that was a problem before, which is an arrogant belief in our inherent superiority. I don't doubt if both clubs were playing possession based systems that we have the skill players, but they're playing a press and we didn't adjust.
Fair. I am a huge proponent of possession but I also feel the type of system we are playing here is dated and sort of smacks of the sort of arrogance you’re referencing.

There is no compelling reason why we can beat the press based on the players we have.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:43 PM
We can do these little 5 yard triangle passes until we turn blue in the face, but there's no point. Whatever possession we have, it isnt dangerous possession.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:44 PM
Salcedo with an angry challenge. Stupid.

gracos
oh boy, now a Red Card possible to Salcedo, wow is this year going to be tough

Soccerpro
After that Salcedo tackle, who's the dirty team?

jloome
Salcedo with an angry challenge. Stupid.

Again, shouldn't be changed, isn't clear and obvious because he gets the ball first.

MikeForbes
Salcedo is not a DP level player.

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 03:46 PM
This is farce of MLS refereeing right here. One ref says no foul, next ref says yellow card, VAR review suggests red.

I’m not disagreeing with the call but how is anyone to take this seriously?

MikeForbes
Again, shouldn't be changed, isn't clear and obvious because he gets the ball first.

I don't think it is overturnable, but it is just a stupid and angry challenge. No reason to attempt that challenge there.

Soccerpro

I see a lot of bad tackles justified by "but he got the ball".

Richard
03-05-2022, 03:47 PM
Also the ball went out of play. So does that negate the foul?

gracos
wow VAR finally worked for us

jloome
I don't think it is overturnable, but it is just a stupid and angry challenge. No reason to attempt that challenge there.

Arrogant. He thinks he can cleanly pick the top half of the ball and block out the player at the same time.

Soccerpro
On the ensuing free kick, the Redbull player had a wide open header at the near post he could have put on net, but instead tried to flick.

Look how wide open he was.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:49 PM
Remember the time we got a ton of GAM so the Red Bulls could bring Caden Clark back on loan? That was fun.

Richard
03-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Salcedo is not a DP level player.

It's foolish to make any judgments based on two games. This could just be a bad day at the office for everyone.

Let's give it at least 10 games and see where we are at then.

Bobo
03-05-2022, 03:50 PM
Caldwell is having about as good a day as TFC's backline.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:51 PM
Have we had a shot on net in the 2nd half?

Bono just made another big save.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:51 PM
It's foolish to make any judgments based on two games. This could just be a bad day at the office for everyone.

Let's give it at least 10 games and see where we are at then.

You are right. I am just angry.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Another Red Bull player wide open on the right, puts it back in the middle, nearly scores.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:52 PM
Caldwell is having about as good a day as TFC's backline.

How Kilbane isn't the color guy is beyond me.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:53 PM
MB doesn't get subbed off! lol!

notthesun
03-05-2022, 03:53 PM
Just take Poz off, this game is done, save his legs some minutes.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 03:54 PM
MB doesn't get subbed off! lol!

Still not convinced Delgado wasn't traded to open up minutes for Michael.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Even if we somehow magically fixed the backline, where is the offensive danger coming from on this team?????? You can stick a pylon on our right wing so far this season and not lose anything. Jimenez is on an island by himself and our 3 CM try to tikki-taka around the half way line.

jloome
03-05-2022, 03:56 PM
Still not convinced Delgado wasn't traded to open up minutes for Michael.

I think he was traded because BB places a premium on positivity. But there's positive and there's delusional. He's been really slow and basically useless today.

Now we start playing direct, at the 73 minute?

Today is a lesson in how the season will probably go if we don't put more muscle and speed into the midfield.

jloome
03-05-2022, 03:57 PM
Achara is too narrow defensively. That's a back post look waiting to happen.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 03:58 PM
what a beautiful ball by bradley to achara who gets a shot

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 03:59 PM
Bono with another huge save.......

notthesun
First time all game we force a turnover in their third of the pitch and Bradley immediately loses the ball. lol

MikeForbes
I think he was traded because BB places a premium on positivity. But there's positive and there's delusional. He's been really slow and basically useless today.

Today is a lesson in how the season will probably go if we don't put more muscle and speed into the midfield.

Not seeing Priso so far this season is what makes me question the move. We all wanted to believe this was to open up a spot for Ralph, but he hasn't touched the field yet this year.

Soccerpro
It could legit be 7-1 right now.

Amir.
another big save by bono

Oldtimer
Gahd... I know it sounds sour grapes when you're down 4-1, but Red Bulls are a dirty, CONCACAF-Y team. They headbutt, they elbow, they dive on a breath of contact.

TFC is making a very mediocre Red Bulls look good.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 04:00 PM
another ball loss in his third by osorio

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:00 PM
Salcedo frustrated with no one showing for the ball between lines.

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 04:01 PM
At the rate this is going, Bill Manning will be pulling his usual change of scenery soon while running the “mission accomplished” banner (George Bush circa 2003)

Soccerpro
We really like sideways and back passes.

Richard

Can Okello play DM? I wonder if he is being wasted as CM, and instead not moved further back, maybe into a CB role even. The guys size and ability to cover ground could be an immense asset.

MikeForbes
Guess it is a good time to get some of these guys debuts.

Soccerpro
Salcedo frustrated with no one showing for the ball between lines.

MB too tired from all the great defensive work he's put in this afternoon.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 04:02 PM
Hoorah for small miracles.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:03 PM
Watching these sideways and back passes is like watching CMNT circa 1995-2019. No ideas, no creativity, just make the safe pass to the man behind you.

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:03 PM
TFC is making a very mediocre Red Bulls look good.

I hate to say it, but it looks like a better-coached version of last year. Same roster problems are flaring up. I thought after he pulled two players in week one we'd see the same today, but maybe I'm giving BB too much credit for be able to accept his own son's age and relative lack of speed.

Not that MB was ever a great holder. He's a number eight. We have two relatively slow number eights, no holder.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 04:05 PM
chung is not an mls player

Gogon
03-05-2022, 04:05 PM
At the rate this is going, Bill Manning will be pulling his usual change of scenery soon while running the “mission accomplished” banner (George Bush circa 2003)

Let's hope

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:06 PM
Can Okello play DM? I wonder if he is being wasted as CM, and instead not moved further back, maybe into a CB role even. The guys size and ability to cover ground could be an immense asset.

I suspect not. His strengths are technique and his size; he doesn't read the game well or react quickly to what's happening around him. It may sound crazy but to me, he should've been made a target man striker. He simply hasn't shown the quick read required to defend much at this level. When the game's ahead of him, he's okay. But in transition his decisions are too slow.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:07 PM
chung is not an mls player

I'm willing to give him some time to see. There are other guys on this team who have had a lot more time to prove they don't have it.

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:08 PM
I'm willing to give him some time to see. There are other guys on this team who have had a lot more time to prove they don't have it.

He's made a couple of smart defensive decisions already, and had one moment of technique (a weak centering pass back to Salcedo) that let him down. Early days. Technique stuff is correctable; intelligent decisions less so, and he's done okay on that front.

Either way, with no one stronger and JMR having a poor game today, he should probably start in the next game.

MOrgan was level there, that should be five.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:10 PM
TFC lucky not to be down 5-1 with the offside call.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 04:10 PM
Whatever. Give him a 4th goal. Who cares?

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:11 PM
TFC Needs:

1. DM
2. RW
3. RB
4. LB

notthesun
03-05-2022, 04:11 PM
That one actually was onside, but they don't overturn it. How are they still so bad with this system

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 04:12 PM
That one actually was onside, but they don't overturn it. How are they still so bad with this system
Honestly they need a computer to make the decision for them. They are too stupid to interpret it otherwise.

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 04:13 PM
No point taking anything out of this final 30 minutes. This is the definition of garbage time.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:13 PM
Osorio should have stayed in bed this morning. He stinks today.

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:15 PM
Osorio should have stayed in bed this morning. He stinks today.

Trying to do too much. A lot of poor positional discipline today from the midfield three. Bradley talked in preseason about getting Pozuelo to be more positional and role disciplined, but all three of them have been terrible today.

gracos
03-05-2022, 04:15 PM
If i were BB i would make all the players run the beep test 20 times across BMO Field, very poor performance, similiar to Disney Miracle and Herb Brooks

ag futbol
03-05-2022, 04:16 PM
Dare I check the stat line and check how many recoveries Priso made in 10 minutes vs Bradley in 80?

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:17 PM
Priso cleverly wins the ball with a block out, doesn't get called. We've lacked that bite all game.

notthesun
03-05-2022, 04:18 PM
Priso has made like 5 tackles in 15 minutes. He needs to be starting.

Amir.
03-05-2022, 04:18 PM
osorio tries to dribble out in his own third and loses it again

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:19 PM
Priso cleverly wins the ball again, beats the press with a clever chip. How can the kid be denied more time?

MikeForbes
03-05-2022, 04:19 PM
Priso has made like 5 tackles in 15 minutes. He needs to be starting.

If Bob absolutely needs Michael starting, Osorio or Pozuelo need to shift to the right to accomodate Priso.

Soccerpro
03-05-2022, 04:20 PM
Good news for today: Luca Petrasso
Bad news for today: Everything else, including losing some faith in BB that he comprehends the problems (including his son).

jloome
03-05-2022, 04:20 PM
Now let's see if anyone in the media has the foresight and testicles to ask why Ralph Priso isn't starting over Michael Bradley. We can't have two Jonathan Osorios on the pitch at the same time, and Joso is the better of the two, not MB.

I dunno, seems kind of obvious at this point that we're a one-dimensional possession team without a proper DM. Can't play wide against a team playing gegenpress unless someone is shielding the backline.