PDA

View Full Version : TFC 2022 player in-season roster discussion

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24

OgtheDim
06-27-2022, 05:31 PM
My optimism about Insigne's capability is tempered by the knowledge of how good the group around him has been.

As Bradley said in the presser today, you have to get him the ball in situations where he can do things, including finishing.

The key here is the midfield duo of Poz & Oso.

MikeForbes
06-27-2022, 05:37 PM
Sounds like things are picking up on the transfer front finally.

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/1541542582706126849?s=20&t=CFtVFX0BWAYSYsyXzWxozg

RealG-TFC
06-27-2022, 05:51 PM
My optimism about Insigne's capability is tempered by the knowledge of how good the group around him has been.

As Bradley said in the presser today, you have to get him the ball in situations where he can do things, including finishing.

The key here is the midfield duo of Poz & Oso.

He himself named those two as standouts, aling with Bradley. I remember Poz's face lighting up earlier this year when asked about how eager he was for Insigne's arrival. It's hard not to get too optimistic but things are looking bright.

reggie
06-27-2022, 06:38 PM

https://twitter.com/TSNScianitti/status/1541542582706126849?s=20&t=CFtVFX0BWAYSYsyXzWxozg

doesnt sound like filler type signings,but who knows with manning

Webdogg
06-27-2022, 07:09 PM
One thing I’ve recently realized is that there should never ever be a rebuild at TFC. I know several were saying rebuild before but I now see that as never an option.

If you look at the Insigne signing from a distance, it changes the entire way the team is set up. One single signing does this. We basically went from no wing to the best wing in the league while getting Poz and Oso back to where they play the best.

This signing also attracts other key pieces to fill other holes. Again one signing does this

Basically I’ll never accept any form of rebuild. If one signing can do the above then TFC should be able to buy their way out of every problem.

I doubt I’m articulating my view that well so go easy on the hate. Like large Euro clubs, we may fail one year but there’s no reason this club can’t get out of their mistakes fast. I get the cap issues but that’s not more than an inconvenience

nick.mastro
06-27-2022, 07:30 PM
One thing I’ve recently realized is that there should never ever be a rebuild at TFC. I know several were saying rebuild before but I now see that as never an option.

If you look at the Insigne signing from a distance, it changes the entire way the team is set up. One single signing does this. We basically went from no wing to the best wing in the league while getting Poz and Oso back to where they play the best.

This signing also attracts other key pieces to fill other holes. Again one signing does this

Basically I’ll never accept any form of rebuild. If one signing can do the above then TFC should be able to buy their way out of every problem.

I doubt I’m articulating my view that well so go easy on the hate. Like large Euro clubs, we may fail one year but there’s no reason this club can’t get out of their mistakes fast. I get the cap issues but that’s not more than an inconvenience

I agree with this 100%. With the buying power TFC has a “rebuild” should never happen. Get the right signings and slowly integrate our academy along the way.

ag futbol
06-27-2022, 07:37 PM

Mo Johnston, is that you? Lol.

I get it takes some time to rebuild but man, what a quote

Phil744
06-27-2022, 07:54 PM
https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

RT @theparleh: Lorenzo Insigne was unveiled by @TorontoFC today and The Parleh was there to take it all in.

@jamessharman and @MichaelSin…

In the vid no Gio coming and to me sounds like Layrea coming in ?

reggie
06-27-2022, 07:58 PM
https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94

RT @theparleh: Lorenzo Insigne was unveiled by @TorontoFC today and The Parleh was there to take it all in.

@jamessharman and @MichaelSin…

In the vid no Gio coming and to me sounds like Layrea coming in ?
and probs jr hoilett

OgtheDim
06-27-2022, 08:12 PM
If you want a never rebuild team, you have to accept youth getting significant minutes, have to have a very good academy, & have to accept turnover in positions every year.

Seattle is the only team in MLS that has been able to make this work.

Buying power does not create a never rebuild team in MLS.

Ultra & Proud
06-27-2022, 08:16 PM
I agree with this 100%. With the buying power TFC has a “rebuild” should never happen. Get the right signings and slowly integrate our academy along the way.
As long as there's a small-ish salary cap, 3 DPs, and only one buyout a season there will always be the potential to need a rebuild. As long as the academy is putting out useful players that can get some minutes in then it could be sort of a smooth re-tooling but truckloads of money won't change the rules if you make a couple of bad high priced deals.

TFC/Everton
06-27-2022, 08:23 PM

I hope he's talking about Belotti and/or Bernardeschi, but Manning does likes to boast, so this might be Laryea and Junior.

reggie
06-27-2022, 08:36 PM
If you want a never rebuild team, you have to accept youth getting significant minutes, have to have a very good academy, & have to accept turnover in positions every year.

other than morris i dont think its a academy thing,they are always solid up the middle keeper good cbs good cm and a great striker and mls vets that fit in,

Webdogg
06-27-2022, 08:57 PM

Seattle doesn’t drop around 10m on a DP. There’s a difference between them and what I’m saying. If TFC has a top salary DP and a willingness to keep going, there no reason they are not always in the hunt.

10m DP in 2022 should mean a 15m DP in 2024.

Slick
06-27-2022, 09:11 PM
Got a very positive vibe from that presser. Lorenzo sounds bought in to the project. It reminded me of Giovinco's intro.

Now, looking back at Soteldo's 1st interview, one thing stuck out at me at the time, and it was his body language. The guy looked like an arrogant prick.

Anyways, good days are ahead.

noxx98
06-28-2022, 07:07 AM
Based on Crisicto's Instagram he was at the airport this morning, presumably to travel to Toronto.

Bobo
06-28-2022, 07:37 AM
Destro signed a one-year deal with Empoli to remain in Serie A.

Can't wait to do it all again next year.

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 07:38 AM
Based on Crisicto's Instagram he was at the airport this morning, presumably to travel to Toronto.

Yep. Confirmed.

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1541754872097390592?s=20&t=ozpNmYcRYu8kKIqNqfKW6g

noxx98
06-28-2022, 08:06 AM
Destro signed a one-year deal with Empoli to remain in Serie A.

Can't wait to do it all again next year.
Glad that ship has sailed (at least for a year). Between Jimenez and Ayo I don't see how Destro is much of a step up for the money it would have cost.

Richard
06-28-2022, 08:07 AM
I'm not really enthused by signing 35 year old defenders. It better be a reasonable salary.

Areathrasher
06-28-2022, 08:11 AM
If it's Hoillett and Layrea they'd wanna tone the hype down.

If it's a mystery box type of scenario - hype away

noxx98
06-28-2022, 08:39 AM
If it's Hoillett and Layrea they'd wanna tone the hype down.

If it's a mystery box type of scenario - hype away
In the most recent Sharman/Singh video, Singh said that the incoming "players are players that the fans in Toronto would recognize" with a big smile on his face. I'm not sure to take that as we would recognize Richie/Junior since they played here (whether for TFC or Canada) or if they're a big name player (like a Bernardeschi).
https://twitter.com/theparleh/status/1541568033998749697

(I know not everyone here on this forum loves Singh, but he's putting out a large amount of content on the team, so we will take what we have)

TFC/Everton
06-28-2022, 09:06 AM
I'm not really enthused by signing 35 year old defenders. It better be a reasonable salary.

Some players keep their quality into their late 30s and some fizzle out at 32. Look at Atiba and compare that to someone like Jozy.

I watched Genoa play Napoli this year (on TV) and Criscito was one of Genoa's better players. I suspect he has lots of gas left in the tank.

jabbronies
06-28-2022, 10:03 AM
So we can eliminate Destro from our transfer convos now:

https://www.alfredopedulla.com/ufficiale-destro-allempoli/

buddies
06-28-2022, 10:23 AM
No idea if at 35 he's lost a step or not but a left back that carries the ball, takes free kicks, penalties and scores goals ... I'll take him. I mean Drew Moor didn't look out of place with us at a similar age ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSp_x2QKGmc

noxx98
06-28-2022, 10:34 AM
No idea if at 35 he's lost a step or not but a left back that carries the ball, takes free kicks, penalties and scores goals ... I'll take him. I mean Drew Moor didn't look out of place with us at a similar age ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qSp_x2QKGmc
Between Criscito, Salcedo, Bradley and Westberg, we should be able to really move the ball out of the back. Throw in Mavinga's ability to move forward with the ball and our ability to attack from the back looks good.

portu
06-28-2022, 11:07 AM
I can see the 3 players Manning mentioned be Criscito, Hoilett and Laryea. With the potential 4th being a DP that requires us to move Poz or Salcedo or a DP that is TAM for this season and then a DP the next.

Note: Option years don’t count towards the cap hit, so you can sign a guy on TAM for 6 months with an option for another two years as a DP. I think this is what the Bale situation currently is.

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 11:22 AM
In the most recent Sharman/Singh video, Singh said that the incoming "players are players that the fans in Toronto would recognize" with a big smile on his face. I'm not sure to take that as we would recognize Richie/Junior since they played here (whether for TFC or Canada) or if they're a big name player (like a Bernardeschi).

(I know not everyone here on this forum loves Singh, but he's putting out a large amount of content on the team, so we will take what we have)

Pretty sure he is trying to hint at Hoilett.

leedsandTFC
06-28-2022, 11:36 AM
going to be a 3rd serie a player on top of insigne and criscito i'd imagine.

ideal situation would be 6 month TAM + 2 year DP (player option) for DP level player.

next year bradley takes much smaller contract, poz slides into bradley contract.

MightyDM
06-28-2022, 11:57 AM
As long as there's a small-ish salary cap, 3 DPs, and only one buyout a season there will always be the potential to need a rebuild. As long as the academy is putting out useful players that can get some minutes in then it could be sort of a smooth re-tooling but truckloads of money won't change the rules if you make a couple of bad high priced deals.

agree. Have to be producing and needing in young players or ver y hard to make it all happen consistently. We haven’t excellwd at that.

Section 223
06-28-2022, 01:11 PM
Glad that ship has sailed (at least for a year). Between Jimenez and Ayo I don't see how Destro is much of a step up for the money it would have cost.
Exactly my thoughts,ditto with Hoilett absolutely no reason to sign Jr

leedsandTFC
06-28-2022, 01:21 PM
singh talking today about there not being any kids in lineup potentially once signings are announced...

right now that means a rb/ lb. he was also talking about a loan deal.

i reckon after the window we could be looking at

westberg
laryea salcedo CM/o'neill DC
bradley oso
poz
akinola JJ insigne

*could also be another attacking or midfield piece as well, but the noise about a familiar face, and a loan deal make me think laryea is coming back.

portu
06-28-2022, 02:00 PM
going to be a 3rd serie a player on top of insigne and criscito i'd imagine.

ideal situation would be 6 month TAM + 2 year DP (player option) for DP level player.

next year bradley takes much smaller contract, poz slides into bradley contract.
This would be exactly ideal.

portu
06-28-2022, 02:02 PM
Exactly my thoughts,ditto with Hoilett absolutely no reason to sign Jr
Hoilett would be good for this season at least. He’s definitely a bonafide MLS level winger. My worry with signing him is age and decline. Maybe it would be better long term to wait until the off season to get a JJ kind of guy, but right now he would 100% improve the team.

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 02:20 PM
I will continue to maintain that bringing Richie back on loan is a total waste of resources. We could trade that 500k GAM in league and get a valuable player for longer than 4 months.

ag futbol
06-28-2022, 02:22 PM
I will continue to maintain that bringing Richie back on loan is a total waste of resources. We could trade that 500k GAM in league and get a valuable player for longer than 4 months.
Totally agree. What’s the long term plan at RB? Laryea on a rental isn’t the answer

TFC/Everton
06-28-2022, 02:29 PM
Hoilett would be good for this season at least. He’s definitely a bonafide MLS level winger. My worry with signing him is age and decline. Maybe it would be better long term to wait until the off season to get a JJ kind of guy, but right now he would 100% improve the team.

I'll say it again, if Manning was hyping players that are "going to change the future of the club" and then signs Laryea and a 32 year old Junior Hoilett, I will not be impressed.

leedsandTFC
06-28-2022, 03:04 PM
I'll say it again, if Manning was hyping players that are "going to change the future of the club" and then signs Laryea and a 32 year old Junior Hoilett, I will not be impressed.

yes, that+ this tweet makes me think there is another high level player coming in.

https://twitter.com/S_K_MOORE/status/1540145239960199169

Bushmancan
06-28-2022, 03:21 PM

I am going to add a little home town (Canada) rub on this on… if you can get him on favorable terms (tbd). Take him and run. That doesn’t preclude, finding your other big gun. But where else can we find a player that can play across the whole forward line. And at the same time give him some much needed playing time for the World Cup, this year. Just set the right expectations.

Areathrasher
06-28-2022, 03:24 PM

I saw that and id hope he's grinning like a Cheshire cat cos it's a.n other big name as opposed to Hoilett/Richie

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 03:39 PM
Maybe it is Bernardeschi. He hasn't exactly shot that rumor down. Debate his quality, but he is a much bigger name than Hoilett or Richie.

jabbronies
06-28-2022, 03:48 PM
Totally agree. What’s the long term plan at RB? Laryea on a rental isn’t the answer

Perhaps the long term plan doesn't happen in this window - Laryea is an excellent short term option until the winter transfer windows when MLS players are more likely to be moving around.

MLS is his best option for the minutes he needs before the World Cup. TFC is a great option for him - he knows the guys and can probably slot in immediately. As long as we have him until the end of the MLS season (playoffs included)

Ultra & Proud
06-28-2022, 04:16 PM
Perhaps the long term plan doesn't happen in this window - Laryea is an excellent short term option until the winter transfer windows when MLS players are more likely to be moving around.

MLS is his best option for the minutes he needs before the World Cup. TFC is a great option for him - he knows the guys and can probably slot in immediately. As long as we have him until the end of the MLS season (playoffs included)
But not if we have other options (Laxalt) or if we have to pay anybody any allocation money to get him short term on loan.

He would be better off with a championship loan 100%. Would work better for him.

jloome
06-28-2022, 04:41 PM
But not if we have other options (Laxalt) or if we have to pay anybody any allocation money to get him short term on loan.

He would be better off with a championship loan 100%. Would work better for him.

We just offered in November to make him the highest paid wingback in the League. I
imagine they'll try to get a loan-to-buy deal.

He was great for us, don't see why he wouldn't be again.

And even at 32 Jr is a quality winger by MLS standards. We could strengthen both positions with Canadians for another two years, during which time the kids are still developing (or being sold and funding replacements).

ag futbol
06-28-2022, 04:56 PM

Completely random note but Sportsnet had a replay of that last World Cup on last night with Uruguay playing Portugal. Laxalt looked pretty damn good. Not flashy, but typical Uruguayan. Tough, strong defensively, and has a good motor. Think he’d be great.

portu
06-28-2022, 05:55 PM
We just offered in November to make him the highest paid wingback in the League. I

And even at 32 Jr is a quality winger by MLS standards. We could strengthen both positions with Canadians for another two years, during which time the kids are still developing (or being sold and funding replacements).
I have to agree that it’s not worth laying out for Laryea. This club has significant resources, is in an advantageous position given the sale and had several months to find a fullback.

It’s a lazy and short term move to get Laryea back. You’ll be blowing all the money you got off the sale to move up allocation and buy him, PLUS you’ll be paying him an extortionate wage.

He’ll be good on the pitch but I’ll be totally unimpressed with the club. They have enough bankroll that they should have no excuses.

Ultra & Proud
06-28-2022, 05:56 PM

He wanted to test himself in Europe and never really got the chance. He will probably still want a fair shot somewhere. Also as great as he was going forward he did leave a lot of space in behind. We shouldn't forget about that too.

I would only want him back if he was done with the Euro thing. If just a loan until WC then back there then he himself would be better served to find a spot there.

portu
06-28-2022, 06:07 PM
I feel like Manning is so desperate for the money brought in by having “known names”, that the recruitment pool has been narrowed to ex-TFC, ex-Top 30 International, and CMNT.

There are a million fullbacks and wingers, but we’ve been linked to Laryea, Borjan, Hoilett, Belotti, Bernadeschi and Laxalt?

All of those players come with extreme hang-ups whether it be blowing major $$$ on MLS mechanisms, age, or DP status.

I hope that someone at the club is attempting to be clever with signings in the same vein as JJ or Mavinga.

At the moment, it just looks like function is following form.

OgtheDim
06-28-2022, 06:28 PM
Yeh, not going to make any suggestions about Manning based on a Singh rumour.

Especially the day after Insigne held up the jersey & Manning confirmed Criscito as a target almost done.

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 06:29 PM
Criscito is in town.

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1541920012470034433?s=20&t=PE7Ec_VF-Kx4fO_r9G9c6A

Ultra & Proud
06-28-2022, 06:32 PM
I feel like Manning is so desperate for the money brought in by having “known names”, that the recruitment pool has been narrowed to ex-TFC, ex-Top 30 International, and CMNT.

There are a million fullbacks and wingers, but we’ve been linked to Laryea, Borjan, Hoilett, Belotti, Bernadeschi and Laxalt?

These are all names our lazy journalists, podcasters, and fans came up with. None of them came from Manning.

MikeForbes
06-28-2022, 06:39 PM
They are really lazy names regardless of who came up with them and their validity. A CMNT guy out of contract and the guy we sold barely 6 months ago.

portu
06-28-2022, 08:12 PM
These are all names our lazy journalists, podcasters, and fans came up with. None of them came from Manning.

Agreed. That’s why I said “I feel like” tbh. We’ll see in two weeks though haha

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 08:19 PM
Criscito is in town.

https://twitter.com/Total_TFC/status/1541920012470034433?s=20&t=PE7Ec_VF-Kx4fO_r9G9c6A

andiamo! aNdIaMo! ANDIAMO!

L'ATTACCO FA PARTITE MA LA DIFESA DA CAMPIONATI!

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 08:36 PM
Prior media confirmation?

A few weeks before, and in keeping with his consideration of / visit to Toronto.

'Futuro all'estero? Non escludo nulla.'
Paraphrased... < 'Future abroad? I don't exclude anything.'>

Third paragraph...

https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/2022/05/21/bernardeschi-fiorentina-juventus-intervista-video

#goatnardeschi

leedsandTFC
06-28-2022, 09:28 PM
Prior media confirmation?

A few weeks before, and in keeping with his consideration of / visit to Toronto.

'Futuro all'estero? Non escludo nulla.'
Paraphrased... < 'Future abroad? I don't exclude anything.'>

Third paragraph...

https://sport.sky.it/calciomercato/2022/05/21/bernardeschi-fiorentina-juventus-intervista-video

#goatnardeschi

out of all the rumours, this makes the most sense in terms of bill manning saying these signings will "change the future of our club".

i love hoilett and laryea, but i doubt either of them would fall under that category...

Phil744
06-28-2022, 09:31 PM
https://twitter.com/theparleh

#TFC officially unveiled MLS record signing Lorenzo Insigne on Monday, and as @MichaelSingh94 tells @James harman, they are not done dealing!

#TFCLive #MLS #Sportsbetting

https://twitter.com/theparleh/statuses/1541836850863685634

portu
06-28-2022, 09:41 PM
out of all the rumours, this makes the most sense in terms of bill manning saying these signings will "change the future of our club".

i love hoilett and laryea, but i doubt either of them would fall under that category...
Imagine Billy bringing back Laryea after 6 months and saying that, I’m dead

portu
06-28-2022, 09:42 PM
I still think someone might move to make room for a serious signing soon. Salcedo and Westberg weren’t training today.

leedsandTFC
06-28-2022, 09:44 PM
I still think someone might move to make room for a serious signing soon. Salcedo and Westberg weren’t training today.

i'd imagine it would be a bale-esque deal if we are bringing in someone huge, 6 month TAM and DP next season+ (player option contract-extension).

can't see salcedo being moved, also he's looked great last couple of games.

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 09:46 PM

Also, essentially in agreement with all of yous.
Loan no. Permanent? Lets think about it and discuss further.

Given the likely costs of any loan... allocation, salary etc. ...
As a kick the can for up to a season and half, stop-gap measure, temporary solution...
I would probably just trade Auro Jr. for Doneil Henry and sign Junior Hoilett.
I suspect if TFC are shrewd enough the costs involved could be equatable.

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 09:52 PM

Anything is possible.
IIRC, looked to me like they both took knocks the last game. Didn't they?

portu
06-28-2022, 09:55 PM
i'd imagine it would be a bale-esque deal if we are bringing in someone huge, 6 month TAM and DP next season+ (player option contract-extension).

can't see salcedo being moved, also he's looked great last couple of games.
There are some high end CBs unsigned right now.

Do you keep Salcedo if you manage to land a Romagnoli, Luiz Felipe, Mbemba, Zagadou or Denayer?

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2022, 09:58 PM
There are some high end CBs unsigned right now.

Do you keep Salcedo if you manage to land a Romagnoli, Luiz Felipe, Mbemba, Zagadou or Denayer?

Nope.
Not as a DP.
#StartThatCar

Blindside16
06-29-2022, 01:03 AM
Anything is possible.
IIRC, looked to me like they both took knocks the last game. Didn't they?

Westberg for sure took a good knock. With Salcedo it is hard to say what is actually a knock and what is gamesmanship when he goes down.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 08:16 AM
Just gonna be the easy, lazy option of Hoilett.

https://twitter.com/NapoliFCNews/status/1542049251026522112?s=20&t=THQYULHBNyLjCtJySNCsHA

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2022, 08:32 AM

https://twitter.com/NapoliFCNews/status/1542049251026522112?s=20&t=THQYULHBNyLjCtJySNCsHA
And I am totally okay with that. I know exactly what we're getting and I know he will do fine.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 08:43 AM
And I am totally okay with that. I know exactly what we're getting and I know he will do fine.

I worry about his durability and declining numbers at club level.

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 09:01 AM

However, there is a caveat in that announcement.
All hope is not entirely lost; though likely.
I suspect we will soon understand between Napoli and Toronto whom is the stalking horse.

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 09:05 AM
With Salcedo it is hard to say what is actually a knock and what is gamesmanship when he goes down.

Ha! The dark arts, that one knows, Padawan. <(°.°)>

leedsandTFC
06-29-2022, 09:19 AM

I suspect there will be a big name serie a player + 1 of hoillet/laryea

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 09:23 AM
Mimmo official.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1542146140241534979?s=20&t=vhus5Zl1KR8wN0EwhrPU1w

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 09:28 AM

Hopefully. The name will have to come out of nowhere though with Bernardeschi likely to Napoli and Belotti heavily linked to Monaco. Maybe Paulo Dybala is finally ready to start his career and leave Serie A.

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 09:38 AM
Maybe Paolo Dybala is finally ready to start his career and leave Serie A.

Would be left field. Certainly generally cited in a few Anglo media articles lately.

Bushmancan
06-29-2022, 10:01 AM
Hopefully. The name will have to come out of nowhere though with Bernardeschi likely to Napoli and Belotti heavily linked to Monaco. Maybe Paulo Dybala is finally ready to start his career and leave Serie A.

Toronto is better than Barcelona. Solves everything Franck Kessie

Kamp Berg
06-29-2022, 10:16 AM
Mimmo official.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1542146140241534979?s=20&t=vhus5Zl1KR8wN0EwhrPU1w

Does anyone know if he speaks english?

OgtheDim
06-29-2022, 10:17 AM
Need a midfielder and possibly a RB option.

Not sure we need a forward.

Would take Hoillett but he's not the priority.

OgtheDim
06-29-2022, 10:21 AM
How many captains do we have on our team now?

I count 6

Insigne
Mimmo
Salcedo
Bradley
Osorio (he's the vice here but the heir apparent to MN)
Poz

We are really leadership heavy again.

noxx98
06-29-2022, 10:24 AM
Does anyone know if he speaks english?

He played in Russia for a number of years. I feel like English would have been the common mutual language there, so hopefully a bit more comfortable with it than Insigne.

rydermike
06-29-2022, 10:42 AM
So Criscito is using TAM. Wonder how much we have left.

Smokecell
06-29-2022, 10:42 AM
RE: Salcedo, we have to be real here guys. It "cost" Tigres Soteldo to offload him. Unless Manning has a magic wand I wouldn't hold your breathe to see him moved.

The catch-22 is that it has neither been confirmed or denied that he can be bought down. I think the best we can realistically hope for is that Salcedo is front loaded and gets bought down in 2023 and we make a Bale-esque TAM signing that moves to DP next year.

ag futbol
06-29-2022, 10:45 AM
How many captains do we have on our team now?

I count 6

Insigne
Mimmo
Salcedo
Bradley
Osorio (he's the vice here but the heir apparent to MN)
Poz

We are really leadership heavy again.
Is Insigne the leadership type? Not sure I’d put Poz in that category.

That’s not to say they aren’t a positive presence, they just aren’t the type

ag futbol
06-29-2022, 10:47 AM
RE: Salcedo, we have to be real here guys. It "cost" Tigres Soteldo to offload him. Unless Manning has a magic wand I wouldn't hold your breathe to see him moved.

The catch-22 is that it has neither been confirmed or denied that he can be bought down. I think the best we can realistically hope for is that Salcedo is front loaded and gets bought down in 2023 and we make a Bale-esque TAM signing that moves to DP next year.
Yep, part of Salcedo’s salary hit is taking care of getting rid of Solteldo

leedsandTFC
06-29-2022, 10:50 AM

if manning says "we are making signings that will change the club forever", then announces a 32 year old junior hoilett, people will not be best pleased, no matter how much we like jr (a lot).

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 11:11 AM
if manning says "we are making signings that will change the club forever", then announces a 32 year old junior hoilett, people will not be best pleased, no matter how much we like jr (a lot).

I do like Hoilett, he always puts in a shift for the national team and still has class. It to me just looks like Manning checked transfrmarket again and searched for Canadians out of contract after we qualified for the WC and had to choose between Hoilett and Vitoria.

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2022, 11:13 AM

SGs won't all be pleased but the average fan that makes up 80% of the fanbase would be. They will just see a current CMNT WC qualifying player returning home after playing in England.

portu
06-29-2022, 11:13 AM
Not a lot of those out there. They’re mainly high end defenders I think like Luiz Felipe and Romagnoli

leedsandTFC
06-29-2022, 11:15 AM
SGs won't all be pleased but the average fan that makes up 80% of the fanbase would be. They will just see a current CMNT WC qualifying player returning home after playing in England.

tbh, i think hoilett would be great in MLS, his style of play and being able to take guys on and shoot well fits very well with the league.

i just think he wouldn't be making these grandiose statements if that was the biggest signing.

i do think a frontline of insigne jj/akinola hoilett would absolutely cook in MLS tho.

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2022, 11:15 AM
Not a lot of those out there. They’re mainly high end defenders I think like Luiz Felipe and Romagnoli
Doesn't have to be a free transfer if the player would be a DP. That would open a lot of avenues.

portu
06-29-2022, 11:16 AM
I really like the Criscito signing on that term.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 11:25 AM
I really like the Criscito signing on that term.

Yeah. 18 months is the perfect length. He can come in help some kids, play a bunch and make Insigne's transition easier.

Kamp Berg
06-29-2022, 11:33 AM
He played in Russia for a number of years. I feel like English would have been the common mutual language there, so hopefully a bit more comfortable with it than Insigne.

Thanks, hopefully he can provide some backline leadership.

noxx98
06-29-2022, 11:45 AM
Thanks, hopefully he can provide some backline leadership.
Just looked through the roster from his time with Zenit. Seemed to be about 50% Russian, 50% other countries. They also never had a Russian coach (two Italians, one Portuguese and one Belgian).

Kamp Berg
06-29-2022, 12:05 PM
Just looked through the roster from his time with Zenit. Seemed to be about 50% Russian, 50% other countries. They also never had a Russian coach (two Italians, one Portuguese and one Belgian).

That’s a pretty good mix, hopefully he’s fluent, especially if Bono has to be relied upon at any point.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 12:45 PM
Trade alert!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1542191241491791872?s=20&t=tHOLEvVNvsbX-9-PnmOElg

Canary10
06-29-2022, 12:53 PM
Trade alert!

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1542191241491791872?s=20&t=tHOLEvVNvsbX-9-PnmOElg

Who is this Russell Crowe?

noxx98
06-29-2022, 01:07 PM
Quick - someone photoshop a picture of Bob Bradley holding a giant bag of GAM.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 01:09 PM

A Gladiator of sorts.

reggie
06-29-2022, 01:26 PM

now he will score for sure tonight

jloome
06-29-2022, 01:51 PM

last i looked he was the top scorer in MLSNext.
we let him go, he went to Columbus II and promptly started scoring a goal a game, and has now been promoted to the first team .

so, not a huge win, it would seem, but i may be getting this wrong. on the face, it’s potentially pasher/edwards/kaye redux, with the player’s potential obvious to everyone but our team.

reggie
06-29-2022, 01:58 PM
we let him go, he went to Columbus II and promptly started scoring a goal a game, and has now been promoted to the first team .

so, not a huge win, it would seem, but i may be getting this wrong. on the face, it’s potentially pasher/edwards/kaye redux, with the player’s potential obvious to everyone but our team.
maybe he didnt want to sign with TFC,i think they may regret this one down the road

portu
06-29-2022, 01:59 PM
Kid has been lighting it up for Crew 2nd team, 50k is a complete steal.

reggie
06-29-2022, 02:08 PM
Kid has been lighting it up for Crew 2nd team, 50k is a complete steal.

from m singh

TFC will receive additional allocation money if certain metrics are met, and also retain a sell-on percentage

Greatest Ripoff
06-29-2022, 02:13 PM

Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think TFC let him go. He left TFC to attend university in the states. Don’t think he’s been in Toronto since then.

OgtheDim
06-29-2022, 02:28 PM
Is Insigne the leadership type? Not sure I’d put Poz in that category.

That’s not to say they aren’t a positive presence, they just aren’t the type

Insigne was captain of Napoli

Poz was the captain of his team in Belgium

They are the type

OgtheDim
06-29-2022, 02:34 PM
Quick - someone photoshop a picture of Bob Bradley holding a giant bag of GAM.

REALLY bad karma to do that again...

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1384512579285000193

jloome
06-29-2022, 02:58 PM
Correct me if I am wrong but I don’t think TFC let him go. He left TFC to attend university in the states. Don’t think he’s been in Toronto since then.

Looks like he left after two years at Maryland and was signed undrafted because Bez knew him.

Some question there, I imagine, as to why he went to school at 19 after already playing for us in USL as non-pro academy invitee. We clearly didn’t try to advance him, or he thought school was a priority until the Crew came calling.

Shame. He’s apparently expected to start against us this week.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 03:02 PM
His MLS Next Pro numbers are great and Columbus obviously saw a good deal in him to give us GAM and a sell on percentage. We might regret this one.

Ultra & Proud
06-29-2022, 03:08 PM
His MLS Next Pro numbers are great and Columbus obviously saw a good deal in him to give us GAM and a sell on percentage. We might regret this one.
He already left by choice to go to the U.S and the Crew. Not much to do here really. Just take the money and whatever happens, happens.

Also this GAM isn't for the player as they already have him. This is for his homegrown rights so he won't count against their cap now that they've promoted him.

Phil744
06-29-2022, 03:17 PM
https://twitter.com/Total_TFC

Update on #TFCLive international spots:

—Insigne, Criscito, Salcedo, Jiménez fill 4 regular INT spots.

—Mavinga, Pozuelo, Achara can fill the 3 extra INT spots under the new rule for Canadian teams.

—TFC now still have 3 regular INT spots open (after trading 1 spot to RBNY).

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 03:17 PM
He already left by choice to go to the U.S and the Crew. Not much to do here really. Just take the money and whatever happens, happens.

Kerr followed the same path and we managed to get him back. But, obviously you are right. What is done is done. Can't be changed now.

MikeForbes
06-29-2022, 03:19 PM

Update on #TFCLive international spots:

—Insigne, Criscito, Salcedo, Jiménez fill 4 regular INT spots.

—Mavinga, Pozuelo, Achara can fill the 3 extra INT spots under the new rule for Canadian teams.

—TFC now still have 3 regular INT spots open (after trading 1 spot to RBNY).

Can't wait until next year where we hilariously list Lorenzo Insigne and Criscito as domestic players.

gracos
06-29-2022, 04:07 PM
now who or what is next in store for TFC, so far rather impressed, but still some work to do

Andiamo TFC

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 04:49 PM
It's 'The hope that kills you' - Ted Lasso S1/E10

Hmmm... Lorenzo Insigne TFC arrival press conference...
Opening video... subliminal messaging?
In the final clip... is that Insigne being hugged by Bernardeschi?
#Goatnardeschi

Phil744
06-29-2022, 05:31 PM
https://twitter.com/RudiSchuller

Potential #CanMNT player.

The Crew paid TFC a token amount of GAM to acquire his homegrown rights, and Russell-Rowe may play against his old team tonight.

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 05:32 PM
I appreciate, and am in agreement with, Bob Bradley's 'Bob The Builder' moniker.
Although during Lorenzo's press conference, when the others were speaking...
I couldn't help but think he visually was giving off some 'Nosferatu' vibes.

Mr. Inbetween
06-29-2022, 05:53 PM
LI TFC press conference.
Innocuous words...
Love it, old school, LI constantly calling Coach BB 'Mister'.
A tie in to historic Genoa and former English footballer and coach William Garbutt.
Also, states MB was 'alla disposizione'; 'at his disposition'.
A Napoletano urban phrase; carries meaning and weight.

Webdogg
06-29-2022, 06:35 PM
Trade alert!

I saw him play for 5 minutes in Columbus. I never knew his rights (or whatever) belonged to TFC. I would have paid more attention

Gogon
06-29-2022, 07:03 PM
I appreciate, and am in agreement with, Bob Bradley's 'Bob The Builder' moniker.

Just a word on this “Bob the Builder” moniker:

If we like Bob (and I think most of us are feeling so-far-so-good) we might want to drop the moniker. I’m not sure if everyone knows the origins of it, but the name did not come from Bob’s track record of building anything.

The tag “Bob the Builder” was first given to him in levity and has subsequently become pejorative.

Here’s the backstory:

When Bob arrived pre-season at Swansea City, the club was in the process of releasing their team anthem/parody song. That year, Swansea decided to rewrite the lyrics of the kids TV show “Bob the Builder” and released a video with animation. As you might guess, Bradley’s face was superimposed on the Bob the Builder character.

Here’s the video if you want a chuckle (especially Bob’s critique at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqVCYpQlTw

If you don’t know it, BtB was a stop-motion animated kids show. Here is the original theme song (for comparison):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO_PL3V1c4Y

Well, we all know how it ended. Bob was gone after 11 games. The fact that the moniker followed him around is not a complement. Maybe Bob’s in good humour about it, but I doubt it.

Webdogg
06-29-2022, 07:09 PM
Not a huge BB fan myself. He left LA for a reason however after the previous regime I am just glad he’s not worse

Canary10
06-29-2022, 07:32 PM

Damn you were right. Russell Crowe has 2 assists so far.

Mr. Inbetween
06-30-2022, 06:38 AM
Just a word on this “Bob the Builder” moniker:

If we like Bob (and I think most of us are feeling so-far-so-good) we might want to drop the moniker. I’m not sure if everyone knows the origins of it, but the name did not come from Bob’s track record of building anything.

The tag “Bob the Builder” was first given to him in levity and has subsequently become pejorative.

Here’s the backstory:

When Bob arrived pre-season at Swansea City, the club was in the process of releasing their team anthem/parody song. That year, Swansea decided to rewrite the lyrics of the kids TV show “Bob the Builder” and released a video with animation. As you might guess, Bradley’s face was superimposed on the Bob the Builder character.

Here’s the video if you want a chuckle (especially Bob’s critique at the end):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLqVCYpQlTw

If you don’t know it, BtB was a stop-motion animated kids show. Here is the original theme song (for comparison):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO_PL3V1c4Y

Well, we all know how it ended. Bob was gone after 11 games. The fact that the moniker followed him around is not a complement. Maybe Bob’s in good humour about it, but I doubt it.

Hey Gogon. Well positioned and shared. :thumbsup:

Ha! Yes. Of course I am aware.
The power of Google!
Or, in my case, upon learning he joined TFC, a family relation; a source well versed in silly UK football trivia.
Without doubt, EFL fanatics, the supporters can be quite vicious and/or funny at times against their own and rivals; chants, gif's, etc. ...
For me, it's about the space 'in-between'; where the fun of discussion on this forum board lies.
In the case of transfers... the possibility and probability.
In the case of monikers... the pejorative and term of endearment.
It can be a fine line.
Hence, at other times my statement that 'I believe in'.
Or some fun with #goatardeschi.
The agency of a word or phrase, it's acquisition and communication may be about how you choose to own it.
Regardless, in person I like to think of myself as being always respectful; in certain situations one may argue a coward.
If I ever do have the opportunity to chat in person with BB, I would certainly never mention 'BtB'.
Similarly, if I ever met MB, I would never call him 'Lex Luthor'. :)
The jury is still out on BB. Lets see in a year if and how a banner might incorporate and convey any sentiment behind the expression.

Mr. Inbetween
06-30-2022, 07:40 AM
Is this Andi Petrillo throwing it down again in order to be picked up by someone?
Having already being spanked on this duplicitously by colleague Kaylan Kyle?

https://twitter.com/AndiPetrillo/status/1540349886134116353

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdqSzY_aTEA)https://youtu.be/BdqSzY_aTEA

Kamp Berg
06-30-2022, 08:49 AM
Is this Andi Petrillo throwing it down again in order to be picked up by someone?
Having already being spanked on this duplicitously by colleague Kaylan Kyle?

https://twitter.com/AndiPetrillo/status/1540349886134116353

(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BdqSzY_aTEA)https://youtu.be/BdqSzY_aTEA

Yeah, I think she knows it’ll have purchase amongst the fan base and is just stoking her own fire.

TFC/Everton
06-30-2022, 09:11 AM
Again, if our two other signings are Hoilett and Laryea, I will be disappointed.

Bushmancan
06-30-2022, 09:24 AM
Again, if our two other signings are Hoilett and Laryea, I will be disappointed.

I think it is bad for Laryea’s career to come back, get loaned to another Championship team that will play you. Hoilett, at the right price I think is a good piece of business. We still need more attacking threat.

And a Max TAM / DP (holding mid / full back). Holding mid first but realistically i think that one is next year.

jloome
06-30-2022, 10:37 AM
I think it is bad for Laryea’s career to come back, get loaned to another Championship team that will play you. Hoilett, at the right price I think is a good piece of business. We still need more attacking threat.

And a Max TAM / DP (holding mid / full back). Holding mid first but realistically i think that one is next year.

Again, she’s just parroting the “likely” report from last week. Still nothing from the team.

They had a bid for a right-back from Liverpool turned down yesterday and were offering $12M which would clearly indicate they don’t believe Laryea can be the guy, so this’ll probably happen.

Meanwhile, Junior Hoilett’s contract expires tomorrow.

https://www.getreading.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/reading-fc-manager-paul-ince-24360750

Kamp Berg
06-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Allocation order as of June 7:

1 Cincinnati
2 Dallas
3 Chicago
4 San Jose
5 Charlotte
6 LAFC
7 Montréal
8 Columbus
9 Houston
10 LA
11 Toronto
12 Vancouver
13 Minnesota
14 Orlando
15 Atlanta
16 Seattle
17 Nashville
18 Kansas City
19 Colorado
20 New England
21 Austin
22 Philadelphia
23 Portland
24 New York City
25 Miami
26 New York Red Bulls
27 D.C. United
28 Real Salt Lake

Bushmancan
06-30-2022, 10:48 AM
Meanwhile, Junior Hoilett’s contract expires tomorrow.

Nice find

ag futbol
06-30-2022, 11:32 AM
Need to address midfield and wide play this window.

The Crew defended entirely narrow last night and it worked. None of our fullbacks were effective in attacking from wide areas. Expect we’ll see more of this in the future. LA will help of course but I think there’s more to the equation.

Also the difference between Osorio and no Osorio is as simple as being competitive or being overrun in any given game. There has to be more quality brought in here

jloome
06-30-2022, 11:46 AM

The Crew defended entirely narrow last night and it worked. None of our fullbacks were effective in attacking from wide areas. Expect we’ll see more of this in the future. LA will help of course but I think there’s more to the equation.

Also the difference between Osorio and no Osorio is as simple as being competitive or being overrun in any given game. There has to be more quality brought in here

When he’s in we have a first team.

The parity in this league is getting ridiculous. Montreal, who we just hammered, beat Seattle last night. Cincinnati scored four goals against NYFC.

Up is down. Down is up.

leedsandTFC
06-30-2022, 11:51 AM
When he’s in we have a first team.

The parity in this league is getting ridiculous. Montreal, who we just hammered, beat Seattle last night. Cincinnati scored four goals against NYFC.

Up is down. Down is up.
tbf cincinnati have been decent this year, and NYC just los their manager.

but yeah mucho parity this year, if we went on a run of 5/6 wins we'd probably break into the top 4.

Gogon
06-30-2022, 12:02 PM
Regardless, in person I like to think of myself as being always respectful

Oh I believe you because you are most certainly always respectful here on this board. I just wasn't sure everyone knew the derivation of the nick name as I've seen some of our friends use it in all sincerity.

Webdogg
06-30-2022, 12:34 PM
tbf cincinnati have been decent this year, and NYC just los their manager.

but yeah mucho parity this year, if we went on a run of 5/6 wins we'd probably break into the top 4.

I would not underestimate the quality of Cincinnati. Due to business travel, I’ve caught 3 live Cincinnati games, including the TFC game, and they’ve given every opponent a beat down. The TFC game in Cincinnati was never close

leedsandTFC
06-30-2022, 12:59 PM
I would not underestimate the quality of Cincinnati. Due to business travel, I’ve caught 3 live Cincinnati games, including the TFC game, and they’ve given every opponent a beat down. The TFC game in Cincinnati was never close

We did have 10 men for nearly the whole game tbf.

But yeah they're decent this year.

los sonadores
06-30-2022, 01:57 PM

I’ve been trying to make it to the stadium for the last couple of matches but no luck (and got rid of my tv). All the same, Osorio has been one of the great aspects of TFC over the years. Not that the academy produced him but to see a local player develop so well and commit to being here… only to become even better, is a pleasure.

If Hoillet is signed, how do you think Bradley will use him? Insigne will play on the left and in, and currently Pozuelo is right and trying to get himself as central as he can. I’d expect that would be Hoilett’s impulse if put on the right. So maybe more importantly, what role will Pozuelo have then?

(I suspect we’ll see more and more fluidity in the front third as time goes by… if Bradley’s LAFC can be any indication of that.)

jloome
06-30-2022, 03:07 PM
I’ve been trying to make it to the stadium for the last couple of matches but no luck (and got rid of my tv). All the same, Osorio has been one of the great aspects of TFC over the years. Not that the academy produced him but to see a local player develop so well and commit to being here… only to become even better, is a pleasure.

If Hoillet is signed, how do you think Bradley will use him? Insigne will play on the left and in, and currently Pozuelo is right and trying to get himself as central as he can. I’d expect that would be Hoilett’s impulse if put on the right. So maybe more importantly, what role will Pozuelo have then?

(I suspect we’ll see more and more fluidity in the front third as time goes by… if Bradley’s LAFC can be any indication of that.)

He may decide to use a
4231 as Ayo and Jimenez both seem to work better with space and both can play wide and underneath. Then the two central mids trade duties going back and forth as true two-way mids

-------------westberg--------------
thompson--Salcedo--Mavinga--Criscito
-----------Bradley---Osorio--------------
-----akinola----Pozuelo-----insigne-----
----------------Jimenez------------

Something like that.

FootBallAZ
06-30-2022, 03:09 PM
i havent commented in a long while.
Although I get the hype and excitement for LI.

If you listened to the press conference, manning admits to hiring a less than stellar coach.

LI admits his decision was a lifestyle choice - so this brings me back to manning out- the next signing also is a directly correlation to LI, which basically stated he made the choice due to the life for himself and his family.

This all seems insanely lazy, there are more than italian's who can play quality football- the fact that if manning only brings in friends of LI seems like he really has no clue and his trying to stay a float.

I dont mind the signings but the connection going back to Seba's agent, the money obviously had to be right but what competition did TFC have if this was a lifestyle choice for LI.

Im still disgusted since Manning botched Seba and Jozy. I understand it was a new season and winter and summer windows will help get the team back to a level we all expect.

But when we get excited to beat a team above us in the standings who doesnt have the same payroll - it makes me wonder that as a fan base we got so used to losing that with the payroll we accept being mediocre.

I hope to have a least another solid signing that isnt from Serie A or Italian NMT

jloome
06-30-2022, 03:12 PM

If you listened to the press conference, manning admits to hiring a less than stellar coach.

LI admits his decision was a lifestyle choice - so this brings me back to manning out- the next signing also is a directly correlation to LI, which basically stated he made the choice due to the life for himself and his family.

This all seems insanely lazy, there are more than italian's who can play quality football- the fact that if manning only brings in friends of LI seems like he really has no clue and his trying to stay a float.

I dont mind the signings but the connection going back to Seba's agent, the money obviously had to be right but what competition did TFC have if this was a lifestyle choice for LI.

Im still disgusted since Manning botched Seba and Jozy. I understand it was a new season and winter and summer windows will help get the team back to a level we all expect.

But when we get excited to beat a team above us in the standings who doesnt have the same payroll - it makes me wonder that as a fan base we got so used to losing that with the payroll we accept being mediocre.

I hope to have a least another solid signing that isnt from Serie A or Italian NMT

I get what you're saying. It's certainly "we can afford a Porsche so we're buying a Porsche" logic. I'm sure they could've done more with less. I suppose from MLSEs perspective, this is more about winning AND selling tickets than a long-term plan.

portu
06-30-2022, 05:29 PM

Two Things:

1. Bob Bradley is top tier MLS. Only comparables are Arena, Tata, Schmetzer, Vanney, Curtin, Marsch imo.

2. Top tier DPs need to have commercial and market relevance, Manning landed the best player playing a position that puts butts in seats from a large Toronto demographic available.

Sometimes it appears something is lazy because it was the obvious thing to do, this is the latter.

MikeForbes
06-30-2022, 05:56 PM
Bob needs to get on the phone.

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1542635822561853440?s=20&t=NOlvKk2YnyYDb-f8CEQeng

DavemTFC
06-30-2022, 06:58 PM
Just realized Blessing basically covers our three biggest areas of need by himself. Hell teach him goalkeeper and you can make it four

OgtheDim
06-30-2022, 07:09 PM
Not sure about Blessing - to me he's an upgrade on Nelson, without the youth & the passing ability but with a slightly better ability to make not passing the ball to the open man seem dangerous.

Webdogg
06-30-2022, 07:38 PM
We did have 10 men for nearly the whole game tbf.

But yeah they're decent this year.

Yeah quite the display. TFC down 1-0 after 90 seconds then Priso decided he was Bruce Lee. I was Row 1 seat 1 at mid field and the only TFC fan in the building and 6 minutes in I had to pull up my hoodie and start posting here to entertain myself. Good times

portu
06-30-2022, 09:53 PM
Bob needs to get on the phone.

https://twitter.com/TaylorTwellman/status/1542635822561853440?s=20&t=NOlvKk2YnyYDb-f8CEQeng
Never been sold on Blessing and I thought we wanted guys who were professional? Nothing professional about this post.

Phil744
07-01-2022, 08:00 AM
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano

Official statement from Torino now confirms Andrea Belotti will not sign a new contract - he’s available on the market as free agent immediately, no full agreement with any club yet. 🚨🇮🇹 #transfers

Belotti will make a decision on his future club soon.

Phil744
07-01-2022, 09:39 AM

TSN reports that Richie Laryea is likely to be loaned out by Nottingham Forest this summer, but Toronto FC is *not* mentioned as a potential destination. Clubs in Belgium, the Netherlands, and the Championship are reportedly interested in him.

#TFCLive

https://www.tsn.ca/richie-laryea-nottingham-forest-1.1819908

rydermike
07-01-2022, 09:51 AM
It was never really feasible to get him back on loan. We'd have to send out at least 500k of GAM for a half season rental.

Bushmancan
07-01-2022, 09:55 AM
https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano

Official statement from Torino now confirms Andrea Belotti will not sign a new contract - he’s available on the market as free agent immediately, no full agreement with any club yet.  #transfers

Belotti will make a decision on his future club soon.

The one thing we have to be really careful at, are we buying players because they are mercenaries or are we buying players that want to prove something. And each one has benefits, we just need to understand it. Judas was a mercenary.

The thing about Gio, Jozy and Michael. They all had chips on their shoulders and they wanted to win.

If we are going to pay big money, I want hungry players.

OgtheDim
07-01-2022, 11:07 AM
Our person with some knowledge in there has indicated already that Belotti wanted Insigne money & TFC said no.

Something else is going on we don't know about...

MikeForbes
07-01-2022, 11:11 AM
Look like Criscito will wear number 44.

Kamp Berg
07-01-2022, 11:45 AM
Never been sold on Blessing and I thought we wanted guys who were professional? Nothing professional about this post.

Yeah, we already have Mavinga for online emotional outbursts. FYI, big fan of Mavinga otherwise.

Kamp Berg
07-01-2022, 11:59 AM
I was thinking of a different way to set the team up once reinforcements arrive, especially concerning Poz and the forwards. Here’s what I came up with(with holes):

WestBerg
JMR/?--Salcedo—Mavinga—Criscito
???--Bradley/Priso—Oso—Insigne
Poz
Jesus/Ayo

Would allow Poz to be central, have wingers, and a true #9. Maybe Hoilett on the right?

TFC/Everton
07-01-2022, 12:24 PM
So, it seems like Laryea is unlikely at this point based on the TSN report this morning.

Belotti?
Bernardeschi?
Hoilett?
Another defender?

Can't wait for next week!

jloome
07-01-2022, 04:38 PM
So, it seems like Laryea is unlikely at this point based on the TSN report this morning.

Belotti?
Bernardeschi?
Hoilett?
Another defender?

Can't wait for next week!
Richie might not be going anywhere in the end:
https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/07/01/report-nottingham-forest-agree-deal-to-sign-forward-cyle-larin/

aside from helping him adjust Richie has been serving up crosses to Larin since they were little
kids, total bff action.

quite historically common for English teams to bring in a player to attract a larger target,
so I can see them taking advantage of Richie already being there, promising he'll get enough time to at least make an impression.

leedsandTFC
07-01-2022, 04:59 PM
Richie might not be going anywhere in the end:
https://www.nottinghamforest.news/2022/07/01/report-nottingham-forest-agree-deal-to-sign-forward-cyle-larin/

aside from helping him adjust Richie has been serving up crosses to Larin since they were little
kids, total bff action.

quite historically common for English teams to bring in a player to attract a larger target,
so I can see them taking advantage of Richie already being there, promising he'll get enough time to at least make an impression.

https://twitter.com/FabrizioRomano/status/1542985337890283520?s=19

They're buying a new right back and multiple reports have said he's going on loan.

Doubt he ends up here but he won't be at forest.

Webdogg
07-01-2022, 05:11 PM

They're buying a new right back and multiple reports have said he's going on loan.

Too bad. Just saying you made appearances in EPL is probably good for your confidence

leedsandTFC
07-01-2022, 05:26 PM
Atletico interested in bernardeschi now so that one seems unlikely

Phil744
07-01-2022, 05:28 PM

Never mind....Atlético Madrid is now reportedly interested in Bernardeschi. The talk of TFC signing him always seemed unlikely anyway.

#TFCLive

https://gianlucadimarzio.com/it/bernardeschi-atletico-madrid-calciomercato-news

jloome
07-01-2022, 06:19 PM

I suspect you're right, but we shall see. They've been linked with six different fullbacks on both sides in the last week, but a) they haven't signed anyone yet and b) it doesn't preclude them keeping him for depth to keep Larin happy.

But as I said, I imagine you're right.

Phil744
07-01-2022, 09:52 PM

No firm reports yet, but there are rumblings in Mexico that Carlos Salcedo could return to Tigres. He missed TFC's last match due to "personal reasons."

#TFCLive

reggie
07-01-2022, 10:01 PM

No firm reports yet, but there are rumblings in Mexico that Carlos Salcedo could return to Tigres. He missed TFC's last match due to "personal reasons."

#TFCLive

Jesús Barrón
@BarronSports
· 1h
. @Csalcedojr … ✈️ ⏳
whatever this means?

Yuushalinsky
07-01-2022, 10:03 PM
The fuck... for this to work, it'd be Tigres buying Salcedo back???

TFC/Everton
07-01-2022, 10:16 PM

#TFCLive

Criscito can play as a CB, so this makes a lot of sense. Also opens up a DP slot, which is exciting and will only fuel our Belotti/Bernardeschi speculation.

Salcedo is a good player but I never liked him as a DP. High TAM, sure, but not a DP.

I don't think we need to sign another CB in this window, but we desperately need another outside back and a game-breaking forward/winger.

reggie
07-01-2022, 10:36 PM
Criscito can play as a CB, so this makes a lot of sense. Also opens up a DP slot, which is exciting and will only fuel our Belotti/Bernardeschi speculation.

Salcedo is a good player but I never liked him as a DP. High TAM, sure, but not a DP.

I don't think we need to sign another CB in this window, but we desperately need another outside back and a game-breaking forward/winger.
we would deff need another cb criscito and mavinga are lefties,criscito is 35 and injury prone,mavinga is injury prone and has been a disaster the last 2 years ,we would need another RCB starter to have that balance

jloome
07-01-2022, 11:42 PM
New England with a good signing, a young Albanian striker from Juve who had 17 in 23in the Austrian league on loan last season. Giacomo Vrioni:
https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/source-new-england-revolution-signing-juventus-forward-giacomo-vrioni-as-dp

James17930
07-02-2022, 02:18 AM
we would deff need another cb criscito and mavinga are lefties,criscito is 35 and injury prone,mavinga is injury prone and has been a disaster the last 2 years ,we would need another RCB starter to have that balance

If this is true, it adds fuel to the fire of the Steven Vittoria rumours ...

Mr. Inbetween
07-02-2022, 03:55 AM
If this is true, it adds fuel to the fire of the Steven Vittoria rumours ...

Perhaps.

Or...

With little probability, but maybe slight possibility...

Since TFC went USMNT in 14/15 with MB and JA.
What if BM shocks/makes statement and goes with permanent right flank CMNT acquisitions?
RL@RB- High TAM/LAM and CL@RW- DP?
Would it qualify with TSN reporting BM suggesting 'a few more signings that will 'change the future' of TFC'?
Would it segue with TFC commitment to developing/playing the kids?
Would it have a degree of marketability; upcoming Y22WC as well as next Y26WC?

Seems SB casually mentions RL in yesterday's latest article; bottom half.
Suggesting, reiterating or confirming that, 'TFC has worked on getting former Toronto winger Richie Laryea back from Nottingham Forest on a loan deal'?

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-notebook-insigne-and-criscito-join-the-club-in-training-bono-a-no-go-pozuelo-breaking-out-big-time-offensively

(https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc/tfc-notebook-insigne-and-criscito-join-the-club-in-training-bono-a-no-go-pozuelo-breaking-out-big-time-offensively)

Mr. Inbetween
07-02-2022, 04:56 AM

#TFCLive

Well this is interesting; although I suspect it's just typical Mexican/Tigres footy gossip;
in the wake of the current on-goings with Soteldo.
To me it seemed as though Salcedo may have taken a knock towards the end of the previous TFC match,
as opposed to the official confirmation that he missed TFC's last match due to 'personal reasons'.
It has also been mentioned in this thread that he may have recently welcomed a baby into his family;
if so, realistically then, part of any probable explanation.
Buffery in another article yesterday indicates BBradley hopes to have Salcedo and Westberg available for the game.
So, likely, much ado about nothing regarding Salcedo.
Yet...
If there is any kernel of truth to that speculation,
in keeping with Manning's 'change the future' statement,
his SerieA D'Amico connect, the death of super-agent and 'character' Raiola,
and using his BSBS method, that is, #BSBillSearch of Transfermarkt,
then perhaps a circle back to an oldie but goodie from the beginning of this year; Alessio Romagnoli @CB/R;
although he too is injury prone.

https://www.acmilaninfo.com/transfers-ac-milan-romagnoli-toronto/

Edit... Also Salcedo in Insta practice pic with Mimmo, JJ, etc...

www.instagram.com/torontofc/ (https://www.instagram.com/torontofc/)

(https://www.acmilaninfo.com/transfers-ac-milan-romagnoli-toronto/)

Yuushalinsky
07-02-2022, 06:53 AM
https://twitter.com/sportklub/status/1543179746070216705

A CRUMB of rumour - Mirko Ivanic, a Montenegran CAM that plays in Serbia on the championship side Red Star.

Given Pozuelo's openness to playing on TAM, this one doesn't seem to make too much sense.

MikeForbes
07-02-2022, 07:38 AM
https://twitter.com/sportklub/status/1543179746070216705

A CRUMB of rumour - Mirko Ivanic, a Montenegran CAM that plays in Serbia on the championship side Red Star.

Given Pozuelo's openness to playing on TAM, this one doesn't seem to make too much sense.

What a weird one. In the linked article through awful translation, either his coach or his agent even says he is going to Toronto. I assume he would be a DP?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/mirko-ivanic/profil/spieler/233129

TFC/Everton
07-02-2022, 07:49 AM
What a weird one. In the linked article through awful translation, either his coach or his agent even says he is going to Toronto. I assume he would be a DP?

https://www.transfermarkt.us/mirko-ivanic/profil/spieler/233129

It appears they announced he was staying in Serbia but other teams, including TFC were interested.

https://www.republika.rs/sport/fudbal/370087/mirko-ivanic-napusta-crvenu-zvezdu

Yuushalinsky
07-02-2022, 07:50 AM
Makes more sense - the overlap with Poz isn't ignorable

MikeForbes
07-02-2022, 08:03 AM
Belotti to Monaco seems a formality.

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1543193628092375041?s=20&t=dbfXWYoUp-0-A7qNx383rw

FootBallAZ
07-02-2022, 09:46 AM

https://twitter.com/footballitalia/status/1543193628092375041?s=20&t=dbfXWYoUp-0-A7qNx383rw

Lol
Didn't Manning say he had players all ready 2 go months ago lol.

LOL. So far he relied on Seba's agent

And LI's best friend lol

Have yall seen the new merchandise its Italian like tfc is Italian colors and now a new blue jersey lol.

There are other pockets of different cultures beside Italians stop being so lazy bill Manning for real

Ultra & Proud
07-02-2022, 09:47 AM
Lol

And LI's best friend lol

Have yall seen the new merchandise its Italian like tfc is Italian colors and now a new blue jersey lol.

There are other pockets of different cultures beside Italians stop being so lazy bill Manning for real
How do you know he doesn't?

We were told by The Goodson here that this Belotti rumor was nothing for months now and that guy knows his stuff.

leedsandTFC
07-02-2022, 09:50 AM
Lol

And LI's best friend lol

serie a is at it's lowest financial ebb maybe ever in comparison to world football and the national team just failed to qualify for the WC.

recruiting from serie a right now is incredibly smart business.

Yuushalinsky
07-02-2022, 10:13 AM
Lol

And LI's best friend lol

yeah because there isn't promotion for Pozuelo/JJ being Spanish in the merchandising...

oh wait there is

armchair merchandiser AND GM???

FootBallAZ
07-02-2022, 11:06 AM

yeah because there isn't promotion for Pozuelo/JJ being Spanish in the merchandising...

oh wait there is

armchair merchandiser AND GM???

You for real ? The website has no Spanish color themed product. I don't recall a poz scarf .

Regarding the GM thing, the last 3 years are on him, we have seen first hand how deals almost didn't happen.

If for example laryea comes back that would be great on the field but from a management standpoint wouldn't make sense.

FootBallAZ
07-02-2022, 11:09 AM
How do you know he doesn't?

We were told by The Goodson here that this Belotti rumor was nothing for months now and that guy knows his stuff.

Not disputing The Goodson, I seen how quick LI and Crisicto were.

Manning got lucky between Canadian men's qualifying and focusing in Serie A the stadium should be rocking until 2026.

Another week and hopefully will see what help tfc gets!

FootBallAZ
07-02-2022, 11:12 AM
serie a is at it's lowest financial ebb maybe ever in comparison to world football and the national team just failed to qualify for the WC.

Not disputing it isn't , doesn't mean neglect other opportunities - new England seemed to pick a really solid player yesterday

reggie
07-02-2022, 11:16 AM
Lol

And LI's best friend lol

its rolodex BILL,the wannabe TL,the only reason he is still here is because of the deep pockets of MLSE.

Ultra & Proud
07-02-2022, 11:37 AM
Not disputing it isn't , doesn't mean neglect other opportunities - new England seemed to pick a really solid player yesterday
Yes and he's also from Serie A.

jloome
07-02-2022, 12:09 PM
its rolodex BILL,the wannabe TL,the only reason he is still here is because of the deep pockets of MLSE.

The job New England is doing of identifying talent that is both dominant and has future value (Buchanan, Buksa, Bou, Brandon Bye -- they have some serious luck with the letter 'b ) makes Manning's admission of just picking the best Italian he could find who was on a free sort of embarassing.

I mean, I still can't believe he admitted that in public. It takes a certain degree of charmed life and disconnection from the reality of performance beyond schmoozing to admit your recruitment strategy is just to wave the biggest handful of cash.

Mr. Inbetween
07-02-2022, 12:36 PM

:iagree:

FootBallAZ
07-02-2022, 12:37 PM

The job New England is doing of identifying talent that is both dominant and has future value (Buchanan, Buksa, Bou, Brandon Bye -- they have some serious luck with the letter 'b ) makes Manning's admission of just picking the best Italian he could find who was on a free sort of embarassing.

I mean, I still can't believe he admitted that in public. It takes a certain degree of charmed life and disconnection from the reality of performance beyond schmoozing to admit your recruitment strategy is just to wave the biggest handful of cash.

+100

MightyDM
07-02-2022, 12:53 PM

totally agree. (Although that has been MLSE’s strategy for a loooong time, maybe since the end of the Ballard era. )

Mr. Inbetween
07-02-2022, 01:19 PM
You for real ? The website has no Spanish color themed product. I don't recall a poz scarf .

Regarding the GM thing, the last 3 years are on him, we have seen first hand how deals almost didn't happen.

If for example laryea comes back that would be great on the field but from a management standpoint wouldn't make sense.

You are correct.
But to be fair, not that comparable.
Ontario demographics for foundational 'Spanish' heritage population, and not NA/CA/SA Latin or LatinXs, is in the few thousands.
Whereas Italians are around a million+ depending on sources.
More a question of player brand equity and capitalizing on a marketing potential; how a player transcends across football cultural markets.
While I love Poz and JJ, they do not have- cross a threshold, never had, that kind of intrinsic necessity level of marketing quality or value.
I suspect Poz or JJ did not by their signing alone increase SSH's in any notable degree.
I suspect Giovinco did.
I suspect MBradley and Altidore may have also to a limited extent.
But those numbers may have been masked by the Bloody Big Deal/Defoe campaign; Edit which did.

OgtheDim
07-02-2022, 02:16 PM
Criscito in training yesterday...

Lorenzo still returning from that calf injury - worked out inside as against with the team - they are being cautious.

https://www.torontofc.ca/video/training-sound-bob-bradley-july-1-2022

MightyDM
07-02-2022, 03:19 PM

totally agree. (Although that has been MLSE’s strategy for a loooong time, maybe since the end of the Ballard era. )

ag futbol
07-02-2022, 03:56 PM

I will stick to my prediction that if there is even the smallest whiff of failure on the horizon Manning carpet bags it into the next town before the story is done writing itself.

It’s how he continues to find gigs despite a pretty mediocre track record.

Bobo
07-02-2022, 04:25 PM
38-year-old Ricardo Quaresma is available on a free if Manning wants to appease another ethnic community. (I joke but he'd surely be an upgrade on the right wing.) Joao Moutinho (the real one, not the Orlando one) is out of contract too if these guys only come in pairs now.

leedsandTFC
07-03-2022, 11:09 AM
any rumours?

jloome
07-03-2022, 11:12 AM
any rumours?
It’s Sunday, day off even for most journalists. so , unlikely until late tonight.

leedsandTFC
07-03-2022, 11:19 AM
It’s Sunday, day off even for most journalists. so , unlikely until late tonight.

makes sense.

i feel like this is going to be a very eventful week.

jloome
07-03-2022, 11:27 AM
makes sense.

i feel like this is going to be a very eventful week.

I hope so. I'm a little worried if they expect 2-4 more signings that none are so set in stone yet that they could be announced. Maybe he's trying to get max PR benefit for next week but it feels a little more like they have people weighing offers but uncommitted.

That's a little worrisome, as our window is opening a few days after most others. Then again, these will be contracts where the money is more of an issue as they're not blowing the doors out and offering them $15M a year.

Hala Hrvatska
07-03-2022, 11:35 AM
I am just perplexed how Manning does not get canned? He made this mess (Curtis, Armas, etc) and it continues. Just because of MLSE deep pockets, he gets to stay? Anyone could manage better than him.

Has anyone done less with more than Manning?

I get MLSE and for the Leafs winning isn't critical, the seats are filled no matter what, but here, the seats aren't filled.

PS the "Italian" strategy for demographics I guess works here and Gio was excellent and Insigne hopefully will be, but how about if we want techinical footie, we bring in some Croatians for once? Since the glorious Metros Croatia NASL winners of 76, and one on the Blizzard back in the very early days, Toronto hasn't had one....imagine we had like a Mario Manduzkic here before he hung them up, he be banging in goals left right and centre....

Hala Hrvatska
07-03-2022, 11:37 AM
I will stick to my prediction that if there is even the smallest whiff of failure on the horizon Manning carpet bags it into the next town before the story is done writing itself.

I am amazed how he creates the mess but isn't accountable for anything. He talks a smooth game though, says all the right things, shifts blame...he'd be the perfect snake oil salesman heading out west 100 years ago...takes your money and is gone in a flash....

leedsandTFC
07-03-2022, 11:40 AM
I am amazed how he creates the mess but isn't accountable for anything. He talks a smooth game though, says all the right things, shifts blame...he'd be the perfect snake oil salesman heading out west 100 years ago...takes your money and is gone in a flash....

make no mistake, if this team isn't challenging for titles by next season on all fronts, manning will be gone.

Hala Hrvatska
07-03-2022, 12:07 PM
make no mistake, if this team isn't challenging for titles by next season on all fronts, manning will be gone.

Hope so but by then how much damage would be done?

And we'd be back to square one with someone new putting their stamp on things.

Manning should be gone now. And we move forward with someone competent. The Curtis/Armas fiasco alone was a fireable offense.

Phil744
07-03-2022, 12:31 PM
Belotli - Monaco
Bernardeschi - Roma
Layrea - Championship, Belgium, Netherlands
Holiett - ?
Trades ?

Sounds like all the TFC rumored players are signing with other clubs then who are the so called signs that Manning has brought up in interviews.

reggie
07-03-2022, 01:01 PM
Belotli - Monaco
Bernardeschi - Roma
Holiett - ?
Trades ?

Sounds like all the TFC rumored players are signing with other clubs then who are the so called signs that Manning has brought up in interviews.
dont worry according to bill it going to be a busy week and it will change the face of this team:facepalm:

Hala Hrvatska
07-03-2022, 01:08 PM
dont worry according to bill it going to be a busy week and it will change the face of this team:facepalm:

:devil:

Phil744
07-03-2022, 01:56 PM
https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Just finished the #VWFC game. One nugget from the TSN broadcast: Doneil Henry is set to leave #LAFC. Could a homecoming be on the cards?

MikeForbes
07-03-2022, 01:56 PM
Belotli - Monaco
Bernardeschi - Roma
Holiett - ?
Trades ?

Hoilett seems a sure bet. That will get the casuals really excited since it is a CMNT player who is a local boy. Which is all well and good, but there are much more pressing issues.

MikeForbes
07-03-2022, 01:58 PM
https://twitter.com/GalindoPW

Just finished the #VWFC game. One nugget from the TSN broadcast: Doneil Henry is set to leave #LAFC. Could a homecoming be on the cards?

Makes little sense unless Salcedo is actually leaving. Henry would be like our 4th or 5th defender.

MikeForbes
07-03-2022, 02:00 PM
And there he goes.

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/1543655819245281285?s=20&t=O9UcRYxwNQZh3DsY7VACog

Phil744
07-03-2022, 02:03 PM
And there he goes.

https://twitter.com/LAFC/status/1543655819245281285?s=20&t=O9UcRYxwNQZh3DsY7VACog

I would still avoid signing him the amount of red cards and PKs he gives up is enough to stay away.

Richard
07-03-2022, 02:05 PM
And there he goes.

I find it strange they need to tweet "Part of our history", bruh, he played 5 games for you.

I would take a shot, considering what we currently have it wouldn't hurt to have another CB to call upon.

jloome
07-03-2022, 02:46 PM
I find it strange they need to tweet "Part of our history", bruh, he played 5 games for you.

I would take a shot, considering what we currently have it wouldn't hurt to have another CB to call upon.

Id agree with that. Criscito apparently speaks good English so maybe he can lead the line a little. we could run a back 3 with him, Salcedo and Mavinga, with O’neill mcnaughton henry as the back ups.

the 343 forest used last year would be interesting, with insigne—jimenez—poz as the three forwards. it would deal with our transition issues somewhat if we had to play through the midfielders instead of trying to bypass them constantly.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Westburg xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxx Salcedo xx Mavinga xx Criscito xxxxxxxxxxx
Thompson xx Bradley. xx Osorio xx Petrasso
xxxxxx Pozuelo xx Jimenez xx Insigne

Oso and Bradley have to play the double pivot, while Petrasso and Thompson have to take a similar approach by tilting the field to the strong side.

For this to be effective we’d need two starting wingback as Luca and Kosi aren’t ready yet.

noxx98
07-03-2022, 02:50 PM
I would still avoid signing him the amount of red cards and PKs he gives up is enough to stay away.
The last time Henry received a red card in a club game was 2013.

MikeForbes
07-03-2022, 03:00 PM
Carlos Salcedo seems to be in Mexico. This tweet is tagged in some Mexican airport.

https://twitter.com/Csalcedojr/status/1543680818329051138?s=20&t=488of9J4oFtU1CqT3G-Zlg

reggie
07-03-2022, 03:04 PM
Carlos Salcedo seems to be in Mexico. This tweet is tagged in some Mexican airport.

https://twitter.com/Csalcedojr/status/1543680818329051138?s=20&t=488of9J4oFtU1CqT3G-Zlg
BB said he was away because of a family illness

jloome
07-03-2022, 03:26 PM
BB said he was away because of a family illness

if the dude was away for a illness then caMe back to play one game before returning,
that's some serious dedication to the team.

Phil744
07-03-2022, 03:51 PM

🇲🇽 Carlos Salcedo posted a tweet from the Mexico City airport this afternoon, and liked a reporter's tweet saying that "crucial hours" are coming for him to return to Liga MX.

Bob Bradley said yesterday that Salcedo has been dealing with some family health concerns.

#TFCLive

leedsandTFC
07-03-2022, 04:24 PM
it sounds like salcedo is off back to mexico (due to personal reasons).

opens up a DP spot....

MikeForbes
07-03-2022, 05:02 PM
Hopefully everything works out for Carlos. Also looks like we might be in for an earlier than expected #DPWatch

RealG-TFC
07-03-2022, 05:07 PM
Poz posted a story from Miami it seems.

jloome
07-03-2022, 05:33 PM

Opens up a DP spot.

Is this a TFC cooked deal? Smells like it, family
concerns notwithstanding.

TFC shed an underperforming DP salary, Tigres get a fan favorite back even as their defense struggles, and TFC can probably close on a bigger name player.

Several big names still unsigned in Europe...

jloome
07-03-2022, 05:35 PM
Meanwhile Doneil was probably released at his request which would make him
Both the returnee and the Nat they've been hinting at,
potentially.

Kiwi10
07-03-2022, 05:42 PM

Ok... that is fascinating unless the teams been given some days off after a long run of games. Haven't seen any training photos from the teams insta today, not sure if any other players are out and about?

Im stuck waiting for a delayed flight so cruising the free agents of transrmrkt Bill Manning style coming up with crazy options for 2 DP spot that would "change the future of the team"

Given the need for FBs - Serge Aurier?

Jesse Lingard - looks like he's getting offers but no where near his wage demands of $150k a week which MLSE would throw cash at.

Januzaz on RW if Hoilett doesn't materialize?

Jean-Michel Seri would probably be a pretty impactful MLS midfielder

Any good options out of Ukraine as their contracts get paused?

Ultra & Proud
07-03-2022, 06:32 PM
Okay so then Henry in as the returning player. Hoilett as the CMNT player. Salcedo swapped for the rights to that GK Tigres has been loaning out.

Makes sense as it looked like Salcedo was dogging it at the beginning of the season but looked more locked in and vocal recently. Guess he was just getting ready to go back to Mexico.

Richard
07-03-2022, 06:45 PM
If we want to go for a solid DP center back with upside, Riechedly Bazoer.

leedsandTFC
07-03-2022, 07:11 PM
Okay so then Henry in as the returning player. Hoilett as the CMNT player. Salcedo swapped for the rights to that GK Tigres has been loaning out.

Makes sense as it looked like Salcedo was dogging it at the beginning of the season but looked more locked in and vocal recently. Guess he was just getting ready to go back to Mexico.

Henry could easily be both returning player and CANMNT player

Kamp Berg
07-03-2022, 08:13 PM
If Salcedo is really returning to Mexico, then the swap for Soltedo was not only good business, but good fortune.

ag futbol
07-03-2022, 08:31 PM
Is Henry really coming back? I just don’t see it.

Like a lot of players, he raised his game with this current round of qualifying but overall, I’m not sure he’s a needed audition. We have O’Neil and Macnaughton, think that’s reasonable cover

Ultra & Proud
07-03-2022, 08:37 PM
Is Henry really coming back? I just don’t see it.

Like a lot of players, he raised his game with this current round of qualifying but overall, I’m not sure he’s a needed audition. We have O’Neil and Macnaughton, think that’s reasonable cover

But we most likely won't have Mavinga next season. Even just O'Neil, Mavinga, & MacNaughton is a bit thin even with Criscito if Salcedo is back to Tigres.

ag futbol
07-03-2022, 09:11 PM
But we most likely won't have Mavinga next season. Even just O'Neil, Mavinga, & MacNaughton is a bit thin even with Criscito if Salcedo is back to Tigres.
Yeah I just think if Salcedo leaves and or Mavinga, you’re looking for first choice CB’s and Henry isn’t going to be one, he’s a backup

OgtheDim
07-03-2022, 09:21 PM
Henry would not even be #5 on the CB depth chart right now - let him go CPL

As for Salcedo, family issues is sometimes just family issues. We will know by Thursday if he is back.

reggie
07-03-2022, 09:38 PM
Henry would not even be #5 on the CB depth chart right now - let him go CPL

As for Salcedo, family issues is sometimes just family issues. We will know by Thursday if he is back.

yes....but the prob is all of our cbs are 3s and 4s

Areathrasher
07-04-2022, 02:06 AM
Ok... that is fascinating unless the teams been given some days off after a long run of games.

This is more than likely it

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 05:03 AM
Feed. The. Red. Machine!

And the first yutes' domino may have fallen...

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/

Unless BBradley feels he needs the practice,
I suspect this move may or may not indicate that 'Il Magnifico's' knock is a concern;
that he will likely start/play on the 9th?

The next 72 hours should be interesting.

Yuushalinsky
07-04-2022, 06:29 AM
Feed. The. Red. Machine!

I suspect this move may or may not indicate that 'Il Magnifico's' knock is a concern;

Which yutes stay, is the real question

Priso, JMR, Kerr, Akinola?

OgtheDim
07-04-2022, 06:32 AM
Shaff to TFCII isn't a big permanent move - Peruzza & Chung & Franklin also played in that game. Standard when a player isn't getting time. Shaff played left forward in a 3-4-3. I suspect we will see Shaff on the bench during the year.

What this means is that Petrasso is definately the left sided sub.

FWIW, news this morning from Romano that Larin is going to Club Bruges - scratch out one "keep the Canadian at Notts Forest because somebody else from those snowy wastes is coming" scenario.

rydermike
07-04-2022, 06:40 AM
Feed. The. Red. Machine!

That means nothing. Every time they send a player to TFCII for the first time, they write a press release. The player immediately comes back to the first team the next day.

April 8 - Greg Ranjitsingh Link (https://www.torontofc.ca/tfc2/news/toronto-fc-loan-greg-ranjitsingh-to-toronto-fc-ii)
May 14 - Themi Antonoglou Link (https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-themi-antonoglou-to-toronto-fc-ii)
June 11 - Kadin Chung Link
(https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-three-players-to-tfc-ii-for-upcoming-match-against-union-ii)June 11 - Jordan Peruzza Link (https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-three-players-to-tfc-ii-for-upcoming-match-against-union-ii)
June 11 - Ralph Priso Link (https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toronto-fc-loan-three-players-to-tfc-ii-for-upcoming-match-against-union-ii)

MightyDM
07-04-2022, 09:07 AM

Yes. Exactly. in fact as soon as things start looking up with BB and LI he will go.

MightyDM
07-04-2022, 09:11 AM
Hoilett seems a sure bet. That will get the casuals really excited since it is a CMNT player who is a local boy. Which is all well and good, but there are much more pressing issues.

I like him as an acquisition. professional. Effective. Quality

MightyDM
07-04-2022, 09:13 AM
if the dude was away for a illness then caMe back to play one game before returning,
that's some serious dedication to the team.

I've been impressed with him - not always his play, but with him.

leedsandTFC
07-04-2022, 10:53 AM
salcedo just liked a tweet that said he has family health issues and needs to move back to mexico.

looks like this one is happening and soon.

Smokecell
07-04-2022, 11:07 AM
If our backline is left with Petrasso Criscito Mavinga Kosi then we are no better off. We really needed Criscito slotting in at LB. O'Neill and Mavinga in the middle has been problematic. Let's hope we have some leads for this window.

Yuushalinsky
07-04-2022, 11:11 AM
salcedo just liked a tweet that said he has family health issues and needs to move back to mexico.

looks like this one is happening and soon.

Seems like he's on a social media blitz - liked one of my tweets about his play so I have a feeling he's closer to done at TFC than not. Even then, I respect him for his time here.

rydermike
07-04-2022, 11:16 AM
I've been impressed with him - not always his play, but with him.

I agree with this 100%. I always see him talking to the young players, giving them instructions, on social media, he's always positive, interacts with the other players on there and you can see he has good relationships with everyone, etc. Seems like a great teammate. I'd rather a player be a bit overpaid, but is a net positive on the team as a whole, than one who just brings team morale down, which is what it seems like Soteldo was.

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 11:21 AM
Carlos Salcedo has an interesting family.
Father a former player and is/was a player agent; his and others?
Sister a minor glam celebrity that dates footballers; even Ronaldinho!
Grandfather played also.
Even had a second uncle who played for USMNT a longtime ago.
Family antics at times is fodder for Mexican tabloids.
Maybe a parent on his or his wife's side is ill?

ag futbol
07-04-2022, 11:22 AM
If our backline is left with Petrasso Criscito Mavinga Kosi then we are no better off. We really needed Criscito slotting in at LB. O'Neill and Mavinga in the middle has been problematic. Let's hope we have some leads for this window.
If transfer market is to be believed (and maybe there are some Series A fans who can tell us a more accurate picture), Criscito is more likely to be a CB than a fullback here and dare I offer that given his age, that’s what makes sense.

Both fullback roles need to be given to more experienced players. Not saying the kids won’t develop but it’s a glaring weakness just about every game now.

Kamp Berg
07-04-2022, 11:28 AM
If transfer market is to be believed (and maybe there are some Series A fans who can tell us a more accurate picture), Criscito is more likely to be a CB than a fullback here and dare I offer that given his age, that’s what makes sense.

Both fullback roles need to be given to more experienced players. Not saying the kids won’t develop but it’s a glaring weakness just about every game now.

JMR is the only one that seems to have any defensive skill, the others should only be deployed as wingbacks with a back three.

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 12:05 PM
I am not sure if it has ever been mentioned or discussed before... relevant tangent...
I think at least for the time being any roster construction of the team should also try to consider the implications of trying for a 'starting 14 or 15' from the standard 11.
Given the ongoing ability for 'Covid Substitutions' of 3 or 4 opportunities for 5 or 6 players during a match; depending on it's situation and the federation/league?
I understand and respect there is an obvious cap limitation for MLS to be 'within'.
Yet, I think this novelty may be changing global football thinking and play; strategies, tactics and executions for some clubs.

Ultra & Proud
07-04-2022, 12:25 PM
I am not sure if it has ever been mentioned or discussed before... relevant tangent...
I think at least for the time being any roster construction of the team should also try to consider the implications of trying for a 'starting 14 or 15' from the standard 11.
Given the ongoing ability for 'Covid Substitutions' of 3 or 4 opportunities for 5 or 6 players during a match; depending on it's situation and the federation/league?
I understand and respect there is an obvious cap limitation for MLS to be 'within'.
Yet, I think this novelty may be changing global football thinking and play; strategies, tactics and executions for some clubs.
This is the benefit to having our supplemental spots and also developing the current young guys to be usable for these types of things as homegrowns are cap exempt.

Having a mostly homegrown bench would be a big bonus.

Mr. Inbetween
07-04-2022, 12:29 PM

A can of worms... six of one, a half dozen of the other...
I think Criscito would like to be @LFB to best link with Insigne
Yet Criscito @ CB-L, which he has played, displaces Mavinga; who has oddly enough played earlier in career @LFB
Not sure about Criscito @CB-R; nor Mavinga; each may feel 'out of place' to play there consistently.

My spidey sense is telling me theres fookery afoot.
A CB-R is coming; whether MLS, TAM/LAM or DP?

This also suggests to me there may now be another 3 to 4 player/position moves happening this window.

leedsandTFC
07-04-2022, 12:52 PM
i reckon if salcedo leaves we'll bring in a defender from within MLS, and there will a DP signing on the right wing

ag futbol
07-04-2022, 12:59 PM
A can of worms... six of one, a half dozen of the other...
I think Criscito would like to be @LFB to best link with Insigne
Yet Criscito @ CB-L, which he has played, displaces Mavinga; who has oddly enough played earlier in career @LFB
Not sure about Criscito @CB-R; nor Mavinga; each may feel 'out of place' to play there consistently.

My spidey sense is telling me theres fookery afoot.
A CB-R is coming; whether MLS, TAM/LAM or DP?

This also suggests to me there may now be another 3 to 4 player/position moves happening this window.
My gut says the coaching staff isn’t sold on Mavinga and he’s potentially the 3rd CB for the balance of the year with a new signing coming in if Salcedo leaves (and likely gone next year).