PDA

View Full Version : How Many Points for TFC in 2022?

Initial B
02-23-2022, 04:08 PM
Well, the new season is finally upon us and I still have no idea what team is going to show up this year. We have added one good CB, lost most of our proper fullbacks, had over 40% personnel turnover, betting on youth, and a new coach/sporting director who can't be any worse than Armas and Curtis were last year... can they?

Here is the link to laugh at our previous year's prognostications:
http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?43074-How-Many-Points-for-TFC-in-2021

I think the first half of the year is going to be a lot of growing pains as BB figures out who can do what on his squad. I hope that the second half of the year will be an improvement once Insigne and the rest of the eurotransfers arrive, but I'm not sure it will be enough to make the playoffs.

This poll will be open for a month, then we'll be locked in to our forecasts for better or for worse. Have at it, people!

Auzzy
02-23-2022, 04:36 PM
Last year I never voted because I just didn't know what to think, and then forgot about it until it was too late. But at least I can say I didn't predict incorrectly last year. :D

This year I'll vote early, w/o an actual clue, and guess a mediocre "On the Playoff Bubble" (considering around half the teams make the playoffs).

MikeForbes
02-23-2022, 05:11 PM
Absolutely zero idea where they finish. Some of these kids they are playing will come good, to expect and think that all of them will meet their expectations is foolish. We gotta stay afloat until Insigne and hopefully another DP (depending on Salcedo's contract) can get here in the summer. Too many questions right now though.

What Poz are we gonna see?

Will Bob bench Michael if he continues to regress?

We know they can get forward, but can JMR and Shaff defend?

Who starts on the wings? Are any of the wingers good enough to produce at the MLS level?

Are we deep enough to sustain a couple injuries?

When can Ayo play and what kind of a level can we expect from him once he does get healthy?

James17930
02-23-2022, 06:26 PM
I wonder why we can't see the polls on mobile.

OgtheDim
02-23-2022, 07:39 PM
Answering this poll is going to require more alcohol then I am prepared to consume on a weeknight....

glaze
02-23-2022, 08:12 PM
I think the points are almost irrelevant, as this may be 2 distinct seasons, pre-Insigne and after.
TFC will be feared if they qualify 6,7 or 8th. There will be no run for the Supporters Shield, but MLS Cup could be in play.

jloome
02-23-2022, 08:53 PM
I figure we're on the bubble playoff wise but you add in Insigne in the second half and stability with Bradley coaching, and that's worth a few points over the bubble.

But let's face it, none of us has a clue at this point.

Blindside16
02-24-2022, 03:00 AM
I took playoff bubble because I literally have no idea heading into this season. There are way too many variables. If we had Insigne at the start of the season I might have changed my mind but right now I am playing it safe with my guess

PizzaEatingYeti
02-24-2022, 11:26 AM
Answering this poll is going to require more alcohol then I am prepared to consume on a weeknight....

I took a shot of "palinka" (Hungarian word for what would be whisky, still usually home or semi-homemade in rural areas, and is a lot stronger than whiskey, believe me on that, lol), so still in full command in my mental abilities but being somehow on the "seeing the life with roser tinted glasses" side, I took the "solid playoff" team option.

But... I would vote the same even without any "palinka", I think until the coming of summer DP enforcements TFC will still have at least 5 weaker teams in the East standings, and we'll have a nice run in the last 10-13 games of the regular season.

Kamp Berg
02-24-2022, 11:29 AM
I didn’t vote last year either because I thought the season would be an utter disaster but I didn’t want to put that energy ‘out there’, lol. Unfortunately, it was shit anyways. This year I’m equally anxious because I have a good feeling that I don’t want to jinx, so I’ll say playoffs, but on the bubble, when I really want to say 4th or 5th in the East.

jabbronies
02-24-2022, 12:17 PM
I've voting the same as I did last year - With a change in Manager, I expect them to be a 45-49 Points: On the Playoff Bubble

Anything less than this is unacceptable. This should always be the clubs lowest bar.

TheGoodson
02-24-2022, 06:20 PM
I feel this will be a transition year… hang around and contend for one of the last 2 playoff spots.

then next year come out and be the dominant team we want and expect

Mr. Inbetween
02-25-2022, 04:07 AM
Gone berserko, trying my Panenka, voted Elite and surrendering to be laughed off this message board.
Awoke with that Foxes feeling. Lots of ifs, ands or buts... giving me pause... nah... lets run the jewels...
Throwing my fate in with the coach, the yutes, the vets, and who are to come this season.

ag futbol
02-25-2022, 09:26 AM
I’m going to say 50 points and we’ll qualify for the playoffs. Not in the last spot but close to it.

Playoff run very much on and next year could be special.

stevep
02-25-2022, 04:45 PM
Oddsmakers have tfc 3rd or 4th place in the East

OgtheDim
02-25-2022, 06:53 PM
2 shots of tequlia & a big glass of wine

We are going to eff em up, baby!!!!!

ELITE team

(I expect to regret this come October)

OgtheDim
03-17-2022, 08:48 AM
2 shots of tequlia & a big glass of wine

We are going to eff em up, baby!!!!!

ELITE team

(I expect to regret this come October)

I regret this one already....:)

Initial B
03-17-2022, 04:23 PM
Well, you had a couple of shots of liquid courage to make that choice. g:D The kids are improving. Let's see where they are at the halfway point...

Initial B
04-01-2022, 02:14 PM
Just a reminder if you haven't voted yet: The poll closes tomorrow! :devil:

Initial B
05-15-2022, 10:06 AM
Okay, we're at the 1/3 mark of the season and TFC is on track for about 31 points. I fully expect them to get more than that by the end of the season once the reinforcements arrive in the summer window, but it probably won't be enough to get them into the playoff picture. If TFC makes the play-in round this season, I would consider that gravy.

FootBallAZ
05-17-2022, 08:56 AM
Okay, we're at the 1/3 mark of the season and TFC is on track for about 31 points. I fully expect them to get more than that by the end of the season once the reinforcements arrive in the summer window, but it probably won't be enough to get them into the playoff picture. If TFC makes the play-in round this season, I would consider that gravy.

reinforcements? sounds like everyone that was lined up is backing out- and what impact can a 35 year friend of isigne accomplish? salcedo struggling himself lol

seems like bottom 4 finish unfortunately - their corner defense is terrible

Mr. Inbetween
09-14-2022, 03:40 PM
Gone berserko, trying my Panenka, voted Elite and surrendering to be laughed off this message board.
Awoke with that Foxes feeling. Lots of ifs, ands or buts... giving me pause... nah... lets run the jewels...
Throwing my fate in with the coach, the yutes, the vets, and who are to come this season.

Fook!

Well I guess I can consign myself to being just a weatherman or economist...

Fate
Up against your will
Through the thick and thin
He will wait until
You give yourself to him

< The Killing Moon - EABM >

jabbronies
09-14-2022, 04:02 PM
I've voting the same as I did last year - With a change in Manager, I expect them to be a 45-49 Points: On the Playoff Bubble

Anything less than this is unacceptable. This should always be the clubs lowest bar.

Sooooo Unacceptable it is I guess.

Initial B
10-10-2022, 07:16 PM
Well, the season is mercifully over and TFC ends up worse that even I predicted with 34 points in firm lower table territory.

I think reasons for this can be spread around, but mostly it comes down to a team that cannot defend and substandard goalkeeping. If this doesn't get Conway fired as GK coach I don't know what will. Anyone else's thoughts?