PDA

View Full Version : Are the Cards stacked against us

gtaguy
08-06-2008, 03:56 PM
Its so frustrating seeing how many mls clubs are stacking their rosters with new players. :mad:
I know they do not necessarily mean they are good players but I just can't help but feel that TFC FO is not concerned or maybe have just given up on this years new acquisitions. :confused:

MO. CARVER please open your eyes.. see where much of the other clubs are signing players from "SOUTH AND CENTRAL AMERICA. CHEAP ASS LABOUR AND GREAT ASS PLAYERS.... "AFRICA" you could even pay them in chickens. (sorry my bad) and talented as hell..:D

Europe is not the center of the world, okay it is "Geographically" but we gotta get stronger when we have the chances. Get your head out of the EPL and The scottish league and start looking elsewhere for more prospects.
We all know that once a player is in the worlds best football leagues you won't leave unless your "
WASHED UP
OLD,
TIRED
LOOKING for HOLLYWOOD,
THE BEACH AND GREAT WEATHER
WANT AND EASY PAYCHECK.
ABSURD MONEY
HAVE TALENT BUT HAVE BEEN OVERLOOKED and even then they rather go to second division teams...

I believe in our guys but can only say that as we stand and look we will probably break another record for most road loses this year. And now we have to worry that even at home we are against the opposing team and the damn bad officiating.

i Know its only our 2nd year but for crying out loud lets see some player movement which is so necessary to this sport becuase i tell you im not looking forward to playing the likes of san jose, shite bulls and all the other clubs that have stacked thier teams with fresh blood..

I do believe the cards are stacked against us.. I feel the pain becuase i am a TFC till i die... thats why i bitch and rant....

TFC07
08-06-2008, 04:01 PM
Agreed, and unlike MOST these British players, South American players wouldn't bitch about our turf. :D

profit89
08-06-2008, 04:09 PM
Mo needs to take a trip to Africa/South America..

Plenty of talented players there.. Many europeans are way over overpriced.

TFC07
08-06-2008, 04:10 PM
Mo needs to take a trip to Africa.

True, but it is hard to get African players due to some immigration laws.

MFG1
08-06-2008, 04:11 PM
I dont think the cards are stacked against us. Hell, it doesnt take this long to get a mortgage. Something is going on that is suspect. Are the rules of MLS trades and signings this complicated? I call partly bullshit. I can get a passport in less time than it takes for them to sign a player , ahhahaha! I have been hardly impatient when it comes to seeing some player movement, but this is worse than what we went through in the spring. When I think of TFC, this really, really bums me out of late. WHy? I could speculate, but that doesnt matter, I would just hate to think that I am being played for a fool as a fan and supporter on the whole, but my options are getting thin. I am quoting it here right now, "That TFC will make no significant , substantial player movements between Aug 6 and the closing window of August 15. I am talking about a relatively reputable player, dont give us bit players"

If in fact my quote here does come true, I will donate 100 dollars to Right to Play charity on behalf of the RPB.
Nothing is going to happen substantially to help us even get close to a playoff spot, between now and the end of the month

Dirk Diggler
08-06-2008, 04:16 PM
Before someone brings it up, please know that Honduras is in Central America, NOT South America.

burlingtonguy3
08-06-2008, 04:22 PM
had we not shot ourselves in the foot against Vancouver which ultimately led to us losing the Canadian Championships Mo would have gotten the opportunity to check out some of the south/central american talent...

Kickit09
08-06-2008, 04:28 PM
as long as MLSE owns the team the cards will always be stacked against us... a DP will make the team better but it wont make MLSE more money.

remember, these are the people that said no to gretzky and lecavalier

RealG-TFC
08-06-2008, 04:36 PM
had we not shot ourselves in the foot against Vancouver which ultimately led to us losing the Canadian Championships Mo would have gotten the opportunity to check out some of the south/central american talent...

True. I'm sure there is one fellow in Real Esteli worth buying. TFC could probably triple the amount he's earning now.

MFG1
08-07-2008, 05:18 PM
Maybe next wednesday boys! 2 days before the deadline!!!! I heard they were in negotiations with the bronze statue of "Rocky" in Philadelphia, but immigration and the downtown philly chamber of commerce is holding it up on their end.

SilverSamurai
08-07-2008, 06:47 PM
Before someone brings it up, please know that Honduras is in Central America, NOT South America.
Contrary to what people from the Central America region think, they're part of North America, same w/ the Caribbean.
Central America is not a continent no matter how much they want to pretend it is.

Anyways, yes we need SOMEONE!!!!

LucaGol
08-07-2008, 07:11 PM
Day 1 my friend....Day 1.

I've been saying this since Day 1.

Carts
08-07-2008, 07:12 PM
Maybe next wednesday boys! 2 days before the deadline!!!! I heard they were in negotiations with the bronze statue of "Rocky" in Philadelphia, but immigration and the downtown philly chamber of commerce is holding it up on their end.

:D Priceless :D Sitting here laughing my ass off at this...

Carts...

etro
08-08-2008, 11:23 AM
Mo needs to take a trip to Africa/South America..

Plenty of talented players there.. Many europeans are way over overpriced.

didnt mo already go to south america? and came back with... you guessed it... nothing? LOL

Rawkus_420
08-08-2008, 12:38 PM
Agreed, and unlike MOST these British players, South American players wouldn't bitch about our turf. :D

exactly any south american or african, Im sure they wouldnt bitch about turf, for a chance to come to a fully developed country, if they have kids thats a great opportunity for them as well......I would honestly go right to africa if I was a scout...there must be diamonds in the rough there, who would easily come for an avg MLS paycheck I would have to think.

Nodoubtguy
08-08-2008, 12:44 PM
wasn't there a trip after last season where MO went to Brazil??