PDA

View Full Version : Richie Laryea appreciation thread

Oldtimer
01-08-2022, 10:54 PM
Thanks for the time you were with us. Hope that your time in England will be all that you want it to be.

jloome
01-08-2022, 10:56 PM
Greatness awaits, hopefully. I hope they appreciate the skills and let him loose a little. Great competitor and fighter.

James17930
01-08-2022, 11:29 PM
Greatness awaits, hopefully. I hope they appreciate the skills and let him loose a little. Great competitor and fighter.

I'm very curious to see how he does. My initial reaction was surprised that he settled at that level, but I don't know if I'm just biased.

But at the moment I have this dream that he's gonna come off the bench today and destroy Arsenal :)

Lil'John
01-08-2022, 11:39 PM
I think he'll do well at that level. Similar to Belgium or Dutch leagues. Good luck to him. Great guy. Nottingham will be a bit of a culture shock though...!
It's bad news for us though as we need some speed in the team, and he was one of the few players that had any.

MightyDM
01-09-2022, 01:29 AM
Richie, you were a truly loyal servant to this club. You have gotten your opportunity at an historic team in England. Seize it! We are with you.

Auzzy
01-09-2022, 11:27 AM
Congrats Richie! Now I'll have another team I need to watch.

So great that a Toronto kid could come back to Toronto and TFC to boost his career, which was going sideways in Orlando. And now he makes the jump across the pond! I hope Richie gets plenty of playing time and continues to improve.

ensco
01-09-2022, 11:35 AM
For a while there he was unstoppable, he looked as good as Giovinco ever did, 1v1, when he went forward down the right.

He regressed a bit here last year, the move makes perfect sense to me, hope to see him getting minutes in the EPL next year!

benito
01-09-2022, 12:26 PM
Good luck Ritchie and I wish you nothing but success! Very happy to see someone blossom before our eyes, develop into a national team starter and be rewarded with exciting European opportunities.

DinamoTFC
01-09-2022, 02:08 PM
All the best. Hope this makes both parties grow stronger and better.

Gringo Starr
01-09-2022, 02:23 PM
Best of luck to Richie, looking forward to seeing him back home at BMO for WC 2026 and hope he finds lots of success along the way

ag futbol
01-09-2022, 03:49 PM
Good luck to him in England! Great seeing this guy work hard and get rewarded for his talents. Hope he does well at Forrest!

Free-kick
01-09-2022, 09:23 PM
I do admit to a little bit of diappointment for the reason that its not a higher level. NF is currently in Mid table in the Championship so it not even likely that that they will be in contention for promotion.

For while last year, during the MLS tournament, Laryea may have been our best player. Best of luck to Richie

leedsandTFC
01-09-2022, 09:41 PM
I do admit to a little bit of diappointment for the reason that its not a higher level. NF is currently in Mid table in the Championship so it not even likely that that they will be in contention for promotion.

For while last year, during the MLS tournament, Laryea may have been our best player. Best of luck to Richie

they're 9th out of 24, and have been really good since their new manager came in.

also i reckon that if he does well in the next 6 months there will be premier league interest.

Initial B
01-10-2022, 09:38 AM
Good Luck Ritchie! It's been a joy watching you master the dark arts of CONCACAF. I looks forward to seeing you apply some of them in the Championship. g:D

Canary10
01-10-2022, 09:45 AM
they're 9th out of 24, and have been really good since their new manager came in.

also i reckon that if he does well in the next 6 months there will be premier league interest.

And only 6 points out of the playoff with a game in hand (although several teams to jump). That can be made up fairly easily and they're in good form.

I think it's a good move for the CMNT. For lack of a better way to put it, the "compete" level in the Championship is much higher than MLS, especially for teams within range of promotion. Huge money at stake.

trane
01-10-2022, 10:55 AM
He is not the kind of player that I usually like, but he was so effective at what he does, that I quickly wanted to see him used more then he was initially. If used correctly and allowed to do what he excels at, ( attacking wing back) he should be effective for Forrest, and will continues to be effective for our National team.

Free-kick
01-10-2022, 11:20 AM
And only 6 points out of the playoff with a game in hand (although several teams to jump). That can be made up fairly easily and they're in good form.

I think it's a good move for the CMNT. For lack of a better way to put it, the "compete" level in the Championship is much higher than MLS, especially for teams within range of promotion. Huge money at stake.

I’ll buy that (ie.: Regarding the compete level of the Championship versus MLS). But when it comes to top end talent, you will find more of that in MLS than in the Championship. The top end talent is what you will face at the WC and in WCQ. I am not sure that the style of play of the championship is conducive to what you will see at the WC for example. I was watching Notts F play Arsenal yesterday on SN, i saw lots of hard running, lots of 50-50 balls, less sustained possession…etc. Definitely, lots of “Compete”. This is commonly what i have often seen when i watch UK soccer other than the EPL. But thats not what you will see in WCQ and WC.

burlington Red
01-10-2022, 11:34 AM
I’ll buy that (ie.: Regarding the compete level of the Championship versus MLS). But when it comes to top end talent, you will find more of that in MLS than in the Championship. The top end talent is what you will face at the WC and in WCQ. I am not sure that the style of play of the championship is conducive to what you will see at the WC for example. I was watching Notts F play Arsenal yesterday on SN, i saw lots of hard running, lots of 50-50 balls, less sustained possession…etc. definitely lots of “Compete”. This is commonly what i have often seen when i watch UK soccer other than the EPL. But thats not what you will see in WCQ and WC.

the championship is for sure that, the step up in income for teams is massive, hence its a tough league to get out of. The cup game was competitive but cup football tends to be especially earlier rounds. It's a one game deal these days, no replays etc like the old days, so teams, especially the so called smaller teams play, like their lives depended on it.I thought both Forest wings backs looked good, I thought the Spence lad they have on loan was excellent. Colback the other wing back was good, had a few issues defensively as expected but did well enough.

Canary10
01-10-2022, 11:55 AM
I’ll buy that (ie.: Regarding the compete level of the Championship versus MLS). But when it comes to top end talent, you will find more of that in MLS than in the Championship. The top end talent is what you will face at the WC and in WCQ. I am not sure that the style of play of the championship is conducive to what you will see at the WC for example. I was watching Notts F play Arsenal yesterday on SN, i saw lots of hard running, lots of 50-50 balls, less sustained possession…etc. Definitely, lots of “Compete”. This is commonly what i have often seen when i watch UK soccer other than the EPL. But thats not what you will see in WCQ and WC.

By compete level I mean individually but also as a team over the course of the full 46 game season. If you want to get one of those two guaranteed promotion spots you can't take a single game off, can't lose any points. In MLS you can float a bit because the stakes of the regular season are lower and virtually everyone makes the playoffs.

I think it will do him good to be in that kind of pressure cooker. Also is how World Cup qualifying is structured so will be good for CNMT.

Joe Kool
01-10-2022, 12:28 PM
So I have DAZN so I thought great I will watch Richie each week since they have Championship coverage which I have never really even looked at. I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they show all Championship games looking at their website. That sucks.....I guess I need to bitch to their customer service now which will likely result in absolutely no change in that.

noxx98
01-10-2022, 01:05 PM
So I have DAZN so I thought great I will watch Richie each week since they have Championship coverage which I have never really even looked at. I don't get a warm and fuzzy feeling that they show all Championship games looking at their website. That sucks.....I guess I need to bitch to their customer service now which will likely result in absolutely no change in that.
Yeah they only show a couple games a week. It's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they'll carry a few more of Forest's games now that Richie's there.

ensco
01-10-2022, 01:16 PM
I agree that the Championship will be great for Richie, and that it's good for CMNT that he go.

It's not that MLS is a lower level, although I think that is true, slightly. (Of course the top 10 players in MLS are much better than the top 10 in the Championship, but the bottom 100 of both would be quite a bit worse in MLS. How many Dom Dwyers are there over there?)

It’s more that MLS is just a bit weird. The half empty (or totally empty stadiums), the travel, which cuts into practice time… the intensity is not the same.

You see it in guys like Eustaquio and Vitoria. They are just a bit more battle tested.

I think Oso should go too, if he can go somewhere decent where he will get playing time.

Joe Kool
01-10-2022, 01:26 PM
Yeah they only show a couple games a week. It's pretty disappointing. Hopefully they'll carry a few more of Forest's games now that Richie's there.

DAZN only offering chat service to talk to them now. I asked why they advertise coverage of that league when they don't have complete coverage. She told me they show Nottingham Forest games. I told her they are playing this month but nothing listed. She replies if it is not on the schedule then it is not available. I told her you just told me you show Nottingham games. She said my positive experience is very important to them and she will register my feedback to improve their offerings. Haha...ok. Like I thought. Nothing I will say will change but at least I voiced my opinion I guess.

Auzzy
01-10-2022, 03:26 PM

Holy crap, same for me with DAZN. I was hoping to catch Nottingham games now to make better use of my subscription. I just assumed they have all Championship games hidden away somewhere on their site. Thanks for the heads-up. Hey if we call complain about this, maybe they'll react!

Auzzy
01-10-2022, 03:27 PM
DAZN only offering chat service to talk to them now. I asked why they advertise coverage of that league when they don't have complete coverage. She told me they show Nottingham Forest games. I told her they are playing this month but nothing listed. She replies if it is not on the schedule then it is not available. I told her you just told me you show Nottingham games. She said my positive experience is very important to them and she will register my feedback to improve their offerings. Haha...ok. Like I thought. Nothing I will say will change but at least I voiced my opinion I guess.

Ugh...

rydermike
01-10-2022, 03:46 PM
. NF is currently in Mid table in the Championship so it not even likely that that they will be in contention for promotion.

Nottingham Forest's current record is 9 wins, 9 losses, 7 draws.

Their first 7 games they had a record of 0 wins, 6 losses, 1 draw. The they fired their coach. Since then they have a record of 9 wins, 3 losses, 6 draws. Massive improvement. Under the new coach, they're earing 1.8333 points per match (if they had been at that pace all season, they'd be on 46 points, which is what the second place tram currently has, so they're producing at a high level right now) If they keep up the pace, they should make the promotion playoffs at least, so they'll have a shot at promotion.

los sonadores
01-10-2022, 08:36 PM
Great story. And along with Osorio the local lad who made the club especially worth watching. It was great to see him realize his early potential while working with Vanney. Such fight. I wish him all the best!

Oldtimer
01-11-2022, 09:32 PM
Holy crap, same for me with DAZN. I was hoping to catch Nottingham games now to make better use of my subscription. I just assumed they have all Championship games hidden away somewhere on their site. Thanks for the heads-up. Hey if we call complain about this, maybe they'll react!

Last Nottingham game they showed was December 30.

Bushmancan
01-18-2022, 02:52 PM
https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1483446729341128709

613reppingTFC
01-24-2022, 04:08 PM
Might be able to catch Ritchie on Sunday. Looks like DAZN have picked up the game at 11am against Cardiff.
The following Sunday they play Leicester in the 4th round FA cup 11am Feb 6. The 3rd round games were on sportsnet on tv so i'm guessing they will have these games too.

Edit- Duh..he'll be with Canada, so won't see him play this weekend

ensco
06-27-2023, 09:39 PM
I was one of a smattering of people that gave Richie a standing O coming off tonight. I don’t think most people there realized what was going on.

Not sure when we will next see him at BMO…

One of my alltime favourite TFC and Canada players… I will never forget his incredible game against Belgium.

leedsandTFC
06-27-2023, 09:43 PM
I was one of a smattering of people that gave Richie a standing O coming off tonight. I don’t think most people there realized what was going on.

Not sure when we will next see him at BMO…

One of my alltime favourite TFC and Canada players… I will never forget his incredible game against Belgium.

i did too.

i think he's off, that was the way to get him some sort of send off.

too bad it likely cost us the game, but c'est la vie.

ag futbol
06-27-2023, 09:50 PM
i did too.

i think he's off, that was the way to get him some sort of send off.

too bad it likely cost us the game, but c'est la vie.
I thought the whole game was hilarious. Everyone around me speculated we’d let in a last minute goal and sure enough it manifested itself.

And then on the way through liberty after I heard people joking we had the privilege of watching Guadeloupe tonight and we had no chance because they had Mbappe.

I’m glad people can laugh about this now rather than go home bitter. We take sport too seriously at times.

ensco
06-27-2023, 09:53 PM
I thought the whole game was hilarious. Everyone around me speculated we’d let in a last minute goal and sure enough it manifested itself.

And then on the way through liberty after I heard people joking we had the privilege of watching Guadeloupe tonight and we had no chance because they had Mbappe.

I’m glad people can laugh about this now rather than go home bitter. We take sport too seriously at times.

They had Alphonse!

And a fast winger named “Tell” whose name was written in script so large my friend nicknamed him “Barely”.

Mr. Inbetween
06-28-2023, 04:54 AM
Me loves Mamah...

https://twitter.com/CanadaSoccerEN/status/1673853686450143233

https://twitter.com/SoRuud10/status/1673969627330650113