PDA

View Full Version : This is the shit the pisses me off

111_DrummerBoy
05-16-2008, 08:00 PM
I was the pub last night having a few drinks. Two guys next to me start talking about the TFC and tomorrows game. The one guy goes on how he and another buddy split seats in the supporters end. At first I thought I might turn and strike up a conversation with these guys, but my attitude quickly changed.

The guy says how he'd got lucky he got the 'Beckham tickets'. Though he was pissed because Beckham isn't playing. He had listed them on Craigslist for 400 a piece and knew he wasn't going to get that if Beckham wasn't playing. So he quickly put them on stub hub and 'settled' for 200 a piece.

What a fucking wanker! If I was drunk I probably would have clocked him. I understand the whole scalping thing; it's been around for years and not going away. But this guy was just straight out a fucking douch! It pisses me off when legitimate supporters can't get tickets and this fuck wad 'settled' for 400 bucks for the pair.

Anyways, I hope the guy who got ripped of is an actual supporter and will enjoy the game. If not I hope he's pissed when Beckyboy doesn't show.

MrHawk
05-16-2008, 08:04 PM
This is nothing new unfortunately. Their theory is "If you really want to go to said event, you will pay"

But this is where you offer to buy his tickets, meet him in a private location. Then hit with a sack of Sweet Valencia Oranges. They won't leave a bruise and it will let him know who's boss.

Kooper
05-16-2008, 08:08 PM
mmmm oranges. That would be tasty.

And you should have kicked him in the fruit.

Oblio2
05-16-2008, 08:14 PM
mmmm oranges. That would be tasty.

And you should have kicked him in the fruit.

Like this:

http://i31.tinypic.com/33441hc.gif

sidney
05-16-2008, 08:28 PM
I was the pub last night having a few drinks. Two guys next to me start talking about the TFC and tomorrows game. The one guy goes on how he and another buddy split seats in the supporters end. At first I thought I might turn and strike up a conversation with these guys, but my attitude quickly changed.

The guy says how he'd got lucky he got the 'Beckham tickets'. Though he was pissed because Beckham isn't playing. He had listed them on Craigslist for 400 a piece and knew he wasn't going to get that if Beckham wasn't playing. So he quickly put them on stub hub and 'settled' for 200 a piece.

What a fucking wanker! If I was drunk I probably would have clocked him. I understand the whole scalping thing; it's been around for years and not going away. But this guy was just straight out a fucking douch! It pisses me off when legitimate supporters can't get tickets and this fuck wad 'settled' for 400 bucks for the pair.

Anyways, I hope the guy who got ripped of is an actual supporter and will enjoy the game. If not I hope he's pissed when Beckyboy doesn't show.

Yes the guy (ticket seller) is definitely a douche...but the ticket buyer (@ $200 x 2) is a dumb-fuck who deserves to watch landy-twat-cakes swear at streamers....so fuck-em-both!

Cambridge_Red
05-16-2008, 09:55 PM
If you buy off a scalper you are feeding the animal simple as that. I don't support scalping, but it's there and will never go away. Lets focus on supporting our team.

Cantstoptherock
05-16-2008, 10:09 PM
Hahaha.....Valencia oranges. Haven't heard that one in a long time. :)

Canadian Blue
05-17-2008, 07:10 AM
I don't understand why so many people have an issue with people selling their tickets for profit. It is simple economics, if the supply if outweighed by demand then selling for a profit is inevitable. If there is a game that I can not make I really see no reason to not make a profit on my game tickets if someone is willing to pay me a higher price. Why should I detract from my chances to make a few extra bucks here and there just because somebody else decided to jump on the bandwagon or start to support TFC after it became a fad??

Fiin
05-17-2008, 07:13 AM
Shitty as it is, in reality alot of people have to feed the scalpers to get in.
Given the choice of a marked up ticket or not going to BMO to support the boys, as I did last yr before I got tix, I will pay the moneys :(

Dozitwin
05-17-2008, 07:30 AM
I'd say appropriate justice for this guy would be if Beckham infact plays the freindly against the USA then makes the game in Toronto were it not for the fact he got 200 a ticket. Anyway really it's an unfortunate fact that not everyone that bought tickets is a supporter and just want the quick turn around.

bdrs
05-17-2008, 08:05 AM
I'd say appropriate justice for this guy would be if Beckham infact plays the freindly against the USA then makes the game in Toronto were it not for the fact he got 200 a ticket. Anyway really it's an unfortunate fact that not everyone that bought tickets is a supporter and just want the quick turn around.

I heard that might be a possibility and thought that would be a perfect outcome. I saw all the tickets on ebay and CL go down as soon as they said he wasn't coming. Hilarious! Fingers crossed.
I don't care as much about the guy selling one game he cant make as I do the career guys.

MUFC_Niagara
05-17-2008, 08:31 AM
I don't understand why so many people have an issue with people selling their tickets for profit. It is simple economics, if the supply if outweighed by demand then selling for a profit is inevitable. If there is a game that I can not make I really see no reason to not make a profit on my game tickets if someone is willing to pay me a higher price. Why should I detract from my chances to make a few extra bucks here and there just because somebody else decided to jump on the bandwagon or start to support TFC after it became a fad??

Sorry CB but you are out to lunch on this. If I can't make a game and have to sell my tickets I only do face value. If I have a single out of my pair, I always bring it to the tailgate and give it to a fellow supporter.

Rawkus_420
05-17-2008, 09:48 AM
Im a legitamate supporter and I agree whole heartedly. I dont have a SS in my name, but I managed to score one for face value of all the tickets , excluding the friendlies, but he threw those in as part of the deal. I need seats in my name though. If anybody has the chance before I do next year, buy two extra seats for me please, and sell em to me at cost and then sign em over to me. This may sound like a lot, but its actually a huge favour as you will be selling and signing them over to a real fan and RPB! Im on the redlist , but I know there will be plenty of you offered the chance to grab a seat before I am. Help a brother out.

Ps. There will be beers.

Canadian Blue
05-17-2008, 10:49 AM
Sorry CB but you are out to lunch on this. If I can't make a game and have to sell my tickets I only do face value. If I have a single out of my pair, I always bring it to the tailgate and give it to a fellow supporter.

I commend you on your choices of getting rid of your extra ticket but if my opinion differs somewhat it hardly means I am out to lunch as you so eloquently put it.

To clarify, I also give my tickets away for free and I have never sold tickets for a profit and that includes last years Benfica game as well. In fact last year I gave Shaughno a ticket for free and more recently I gave Justin a ticket to the NYRB game.

With that all being said though, I am not against or above selling my ticket for profit if I can not make it to a game. Many people have the idea that we should be giving our tickets away for free or at face value to ensure they go to a real supporter.......believe it or not some "real" supporters aren't afraid to pay for a ticket to the games as long as the mark up is reasonable.

TFC_Niagara maybe your financial situation if leaps and bounds better than mine but I do believe most people in todays world could do with an extra few bucks now and then.

Red Rat
05-17-2008, 11:04 AM
Drummerboy
Bail money will always be at hand.

Laurignano
05-17-2008, 11:10 AM
I generally give my tickets away for face value if i have too, its only fair. But then agian if someone walked up to me and offered me $400 for a pair how could i say no? I wouldn't go out of my way to sell them though.

Stencils
05-17-2008, 11:13 AM
I completely agree about the scalping being horrible. If MLSE really cared about the team instead of how much money they're making, they'd make it known to all season seat holders (hell, even partial pack holders) that if those tickets are routinely and regularly made avaliable on reseller sites (like stubhub or ticketsnow) that those season seats will not be renewed next year.

I can understand having to miss a few games and putting the ones you can't use up for sale (not everyone who has season tickets is a RPB or U-Sec or what have you so they don't realize there's a simple ticket swap solution here, and then again some people are just hungry for cash or need it),...

...but I've been on these reseller sites regularly and there are some seats that are being sold for every single game. Those tickets should not be renewed.

111_DrummerBoy
05-17-2008, 12:25 PM
Drummerboy
Bail money will always be at hand.

:p Thanks Redrat, I'll remember that next time I see him after a few more beers.

It wasn't that he couldn't go to the game so he was just off loading them. It was the fact a) he called them the 'Beckham tickets' and b) the only reason he was happy to get the 'Beckham tickets' was because he sould sell them for 400 bucks.

Roogsy
05-17-2008, 06:40 PM
Haha...Becky won't be at the game. His profit just disappeared. Ass.

scooter
05-17-2008, 06:45 PM
I completely agree about the scalping being horrible. If MLSE really cared about the team instead of how much money they're making, they'd make it known to all season seat holders (hell, even partial pack holders) that if those tickets are routinely and regularly made avaliable on reseller sites (like stubhub or ticketsnow) that those season seats will not be renewed next year.

I can understand having to miss a few games and putting the ones you can't use up for sale (not everyone who has season tickets is a RPB or U-Sec or what have you so they don't realize there's a simple ticket swap solution here, and then again some people are just hungry for cash or need it),...

...but I've been on these reseller sites regularly and there are some seats that are being sold for every single game. Those tickets should not be renewed.

we all agreed on that last year but these sites guarantee mlse
to buy tickets to many venues and i doubt they would shut them
out----would be nice though could even be a gesture from tfc
that they appreciate our support

Azerban
05-17-2008, 08:04 PM
you can be a rationally acting participator in the free economy or you can be a supporter

this is the only thing that needs to be posted in scalping threads