PDA

View Full Version : Match Day Voyageurs Final - TFC @ Club Foot Sunday Nov 21 1pm - Gotta shake you

OgtheDim
11-09-2021, 07:19 PM
to the Ground

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hFDcoX7s6rE

For one last time this year

Have At It People

currystain37
11-09-2021, 07:26 PM
Anyone know if there will potentially be a supporter's bus for this match?

MikeForbes
11-09-2021, 07:30 PM
Losing a cup final to Montreal would be the cherry on top of this feces sundae of a season. Let's go into next season on a high note.

613reppingTFC
11-10-2021, 11:12 AM
Looking forward to this. Should be able to make it down for the game if I can get tickets whenever they release them.

As a side note..any mention on when Last year's final is going to take place?

Auzzy
11-10-2021, 12:23 PM
Really too bad it won't be in Toronto, I was looking forward to one more game at BMO Field.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-10-2021, 02:03 PM
IMO that's a total BS decision to award this final to Montreal to be played on their ground, just because they were the champs in 2019, and in 2020 the final was not played yet, when should have been easy win for TFC. TFC should have contested this decision!

A sane decision should have been to play it on a neutral ground, best about halfway between Toronto and Montreal, and that's in Ottawa.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-10-2021, 02:06 PM
Losing a cup final to Montreal would be the cherry on top of this feces sundae of a season. Let's go into next season on a high note.

Because it's played in Montreal, that outcome (to lose) is highly possible.

CorrwgBach
11-10-2021, 03:29 PM
IMO that's a total BS decision to award this final to Montreal to be played on their ground, just because they were the champs in 2019, and in 2020 the final was not played yet, when should have been easy win for TFC. TFC should have contested this decision!

A sane decision should have been to play it on a neutral ground, best about halfway between Toronto and Montreal, and that's in Ottawa.

It was a coin toss. So we lost I assume.

James17930
11-10-2021, 11:49 PM

Well, given the attendance in Toronto this season it's not really a surprise.

Auzzy
11-11-2021, 12:45 AM
Well, given the attendance in Toronto this season it's not really a surprise.

This wasn't a decision based on attendance or anything else, it was a coin toss.

And I'm very thankful MLSE didn't force TFC season ticket holders to take the tickets for the rest of the season, like Montreal did; instead they let us opt-in per game.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-11-2021, 08:21 AM
It was a coin toss. So we lost I assume.

OK, thanks for this info, I had no idea about this.

But deciding on which team's home ground the final will be played by a cointoss?
That's a BS move to me, and degrades this whole edition of Can Champs to Mickey Mouse level.

I mean on neutral ground right now these 2 teams are kinda evenly matched, but use a coin toss to make a clear fav the team which will have home advantage, and make the other one a clear underdog? WTF logic is in this on how to decide a final of a competition like this?

Yohan
11-11-2021, 08:34 AM
OK, thanks for this info, I had no idea about this.

But deciding on which team's home ground the final will be played by a cointoss?
That's a BS move to me, and degrades this whole edition of Can Champs to Mickey Mouse level.

I mean on neutral ground right now these 2 teams are kinda evenly matched, but use a coin toss to make a clear fav the team which will have home advantage, and make the other one a clear underdog? WTF logic is in this on how to decide a final of a competition like this?
how many people would show up to watch a V Cup final on a neutral ground?

PizzaEatingYeti
11-11-2021, 09:10 AM
how many people would show up to watch a V Cup final on a neutral ground?

Does not matter at all.
I am talking here about the correctness and seriousness of the competition, which incorporates giving equal and fair chances to all participant teams all along the way.

Ultra & Proud
11-11-2021, 12:25 PM
Does not matter at all.
I am talking here about the correctness and seriousness of the competition, which incorporates giving equal and fair chances to all participant teams all along the way.
They should host it by all metrics anyway. They are the defending champs and were better in league play than us this season. If we hosted this then it would have been a farce. We did nothing to deserve to host anything.

MightyDM
11-11-2021, 06:59 PM
They should host it by all metrics anyway. They are the defending champs and were better in league play than us this season. If we hosted this then it would have been a farce. We did nothing to deserve to host anything.

They aren’t exactly the defending champs….

PizzaEatingYeti
11-12-2021, 05:35 AM

"They are the defending champs" ---> Are they?
Last year they have not qualified for the final.
Now, if they would have been qualified, and the final not disputed yet, as in our case, I would say that I can see the logic behind using a cointoss.

"were better in league play than us this season" ---> Does not matter at all, because that is another competition.
"We did nothing to deserve to host anything" ---> Does not matter at all, because that is another competition (I assume you are talking about this year's TFC MLS performance).
"We did nothing to deserve to host anything" ---> We did a lot more to deserve to be hosting, because in the semifinal we beat our opponent in 90 minutes, while Montreal needed endless penalties to qualify. (I assume you are talking about this year's TFC's and Montreal's Voyageurs performance).

Only way this final should have been decided by a cointoss, is if that procedure was planned and put into this year's competition rules BEFORE even the very first match of this competition's actual season was played. And even in that case I would say that is a BS rule, because it gives one of the finalist teams a big advantage, decided by absolutely nothing what they have done to be merited.

Let me put it this way:
Do you believe a final's host would be decided this way in any of the world's top 15 footballing nation's any cup competitions? (Talking about Europe and South America, and they usually have 2 kinds of cups besides their multitiered regular championships.)

ensco
11-12-2021, 07:38 AM
Let's be real, the Canadian Championship is not a serious club competition, and the final venue is the least of it. There are only three teams seriously competing for it. It’s a project. Comparing it to any other country's competition is pointless. If not for the CCL spot it would be absolutely meaningless.

613reppingTFC
11-12-2021, 08:51 AM
weren't both the semi final venues decided by a cointoss?

MikeForbes
11-12-2021, 09:13 AM
weren't both the semi final venues decided by a cointoss?

They are. No matter what happened pockets of either fanbase were gonna be upset. I agree with some that it should be on a neutral ground, but attendance is gonna be an issue in that case. You might be able to do a Montreal/TFC final here in Nova Scotia at Wanderers Ground once or twice and pack it based on the novelty. Can you image the attendance for that matchup in BC Place though?

buddies
11-14-2021, 01:36 PM
It'll never happen because the country is so big and money drives everything but I like the idea of working towards a post 2026 National Stadium concept where all of the important games are held there ... Canadian Championship, Internationals etc. Even the youth National Championships should be held there and BMO is the obvious choice. They built it as the National Stadium so now I think it's time to use 2026 to take it to the next level. Renovate it with that purpose in mind and make it the Canadian Wembley or Hampden Park, a place where everybody wants to play. History isn't made in a day but if we're ever going to take the game to the next level as the Canadian Men's team is trying to do right now we need a place where everyone wants to play. Fund the Canadian Championship properly to pay for any finalist to get there and work towards making it a bigger event. Get more teams into the competition with the possibility of TFC, Montreal or Vancouver playing in a tiny stadium. It might not sell a lot of tickets but it might get a young Phonzie wannabe in a rural area interested in the game ... All these years later and I still remember the feeling I got walking into Hampden Park to watch Scotland play England as a kid. As an adult I still remember the feeling of going back there in 1987 to watch St Mirren beat Dundee Utd in the Scottish Cup Final. We don't have that sort of place here. We need that kind of place here.

OgtheDim
11-14-2021, 03:26 PM
Small towns have that sort of place for their local finals in various sports. High school finals played at a cerrtain stadium etc.

I remember playing a youth age league final at a certain ground in my home town that you only ever played on if you made it to that finals day - it was a big thing for us the one year I went.

The country is too big to make that sort of a thing doable at the national level.

Going to a Wembley or Going to a Hampden or to any other national stadium makes sense in a small country. Here, its just not cost effective. The only sporting event I know like that in North America is little league baseball & TV pays for all of that.

Lil'John
11-18-2021, 01:23 PM
Got our tickets in section 112!!

Ultra & Proud
11-18-2021, 04:43 PM
And we think our FO and MLSE are terrible for being just inept.

https://www.danslescoulisses.com/joey-saputo-aurait-menace-de-demenager-le-cf-montreal-aux-etats-unis/

Crazy Joey threatens to move the team to the US because the supporters are boycotting until he returns the name to The Impact.

benito
11-18-2021, 05:40 PM

https://www.danslescoulisses.com/joey-saputo-aurait-menace-de-demenager-le-cf-montreal-aux-etats-unis/

Crazy Joey threatens to move the team to the US because the supporters are boycotting until he returns the name to The Impact.

That’s nuts as no one likes the new name. The Impact name dates back to the early 90s and they erased the history of the club.

All the recent mls rebrands have not gone over well with their supporters (Chicago, Columbus and Montreal).

jloome
11-20-2021, 02:15 PM
That’s nuts as no one likes the new name. The Impact name dates back to the early 90s and they erased the history of the club.

All the recent mls rebrands have not gone over well with their supporters (Chicago, Columbus and Montreal).

I'd just like to thank Joey for meeting with, and shitting upon, his terrible club's fanbase days before a cup final. Cheers mate! Any distraction greatly welcomed.

Oldtimer
11-20-2021, 03:22 PM

You can even go back to storied NASL era teams like the Whitecaps for a brief while calling themselves the '86ers. So inept a decision. It's only really stupid names like the "KC Wizards" that demand a complete rebrand.
If Joey wanted an update he could have just called them C.F. Montreal Impact.

Threatening to move to the US is a really low blow (although it's a bit vague if he is threatening that talking about their "future in Montreal"). Montrealers are still in PTSD from the Montreal Expos moving south, you'll still see people in Montreal wearing Expos caps to this day.

I'd just like to thank Joey for meeting with, and shitting upon, his terrible club's fanbase days before a cup final. Cheers mate! Any distraction greatly welcomed.

We can send him our thanks after TFC wins the Cup yet once again. Maybe get everyone to sign a card, lol. :scarf:

Gringo Starr
11-20-2021, 04:14 PM
Maybe Joey was talking tough to the audience he was facing. If the Toronto incident and the league fallout from it is causing issues drawing a line with a portion of the fan base isn’t the worst idea.

Gringo Starr
11-20-2021, 04:42 PM
Is this only on One?

Oldtimer
11-20-2021, 04:47 PM
Is this only on One?

Yes. All CCL and Canadian Championship matches are only one One Soccer.

Gringo Starr
11-20-2021, 05:05 PM
Yes. All CCL and Canadian Championship matches are only one One Soccer.

It’s too bad a network couldn’t step up and share coverage with One the way they do for the CMNT now. Hopefully the bandwagon spill over reaches the Voyageurs next year

ensco
11-20-2021, 06:16 PM
I hope the guys get this done. Games against Mexican teams are the best.

OgtheDim
11-20-2021, 06:32 PM
Guys flew in tonight it seems

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1462196518920855554

Dog mood has changed

https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1444791033645223940

Bushmancan
11-20-2021, 06:40 PM

Agreed, considering losing this won’t get Curtis fired, we may as well try to win

Lil'John
11-20-2021, 07:37 PM

I agree. Those games against the Mexican teams are my best TFC memories.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 06:53 AM
Agreed, considering losing this won’t get Curtis fired, we may as well try to win

Are we sure about this?

James17930
11-21-2021, 07:20 AM
Game is at 2 am here - that's the worst possible time, and I have to work tomorrow.

Not going to be able to watch :(

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 10:04 AM
Thank god for this thread. I legit thought this was at 5pm my time.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 10:29 AM
I’m looking forward to Dog’s impressed with trophy pic

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 10:42 AM
My dog is interested. :scarf:
Decided to take a nap, to be fresh to watch this match...
Told me to wake him up 10 minutes before the official start time.

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51695936715_0eba6d6416_c.jpg

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 12:07 PM
Game is at 2 am here - that's the worst possible time, and I have to work tomorrow.

Not going to be able to watch :(

For once I am working during a game - been almost a decade.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 12:24 PM
The lineup. Jozy misses out due to injury as per usual. Yefe on the bench.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1462466306171625476?s=20

Richard
11-21-2021, 12:32 PM
Do we really have nobody better than Dom Dwyer. FFS he hasn't had a shot on target in years, or so I'm told.

Put Morrow up top, at least I know he can put a few in the back of the net.

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 12:35 PM
Shaff as LWB is the only way that lineup makes sense.

Gotta score 4 because we are going to give up at least 3 today - that is a makeshift defence.

They'll claim injuries but I suspect some people are out because they've been told about roster changes.

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 12:43 PM
The more I look at this lineup the more I think today is the day that 2017 TFC finally dies

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 12:44 PM
We need 2019/2020 Poz to show up today.

Red CB Toronto
11-21-2021, 12:44 PM
The lineup. Jozy misses out due to injury as per usual. Yefe on the bench.

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1462466306171625476?s=20

Man this is Julian Dunn’s first game with the first team since 2018.

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 12:50 PM
Ya'll might have seen this tweet & wondered who the guy in the glasses was

Its our analytics guy, Devin Pleuler

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1462463148032675848

FootBallAZ
11-21-2021, 12:59 PM
Anyone got a stream, first time I can't in years lol

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 01:05 PM
Anyone has a stream?
I can't find this match at any streaming sites I usually watch.

notthesun
11-21-2021, 01:07 PM
No Jozy because of a supposed flu... I think this is probably the end for him here.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 01:08 PM
Hope they win it for Javier

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 01:10 PM
Fascinating lineup. Don’t have a good feeling about this one. Platt said 3-5-2 on Twitter with MB at the back. Who knows? But COYR. Cannot let the limp act think it is any good.

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 01:15 PM
Anyone got a stream, first time I can't in years lol

Got one!!
http://buffstream.fun/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1726441&lang=en&eid=6128655&lid=1726441&ci=876&si=1

mowe
11-21-2021, 01:18 PM
Got one!!
http://buffstream.fun/webplayer.php?t=ifr&c=1726441&lang=en&eid=6128655&lid=1726441&ci=876&si=1
Thanks!

Voodooman
11-21-2021, 01:20 PM
Got one!!

I see it, but it keeps changing pages to an ad. Trying hard to keep the stream.

rydermike
11-21-2021, 01:28 PM
Pozuelo down

rydermike
11-21-2021, 01:30 PM
Achara going to come in for Pozuelo 15th min

jloome
11-21-2021, 01:31 PM
Man this is Julian Dunn’s first game with the first team since 2018.

He played against Atlanta, did pretty well.

Almost got caught early today, though.

Man, no Poz now. We're doomed.

I get that he sees Dwyer finish in training but some stats sort of speak for themselves. No goals in three years and he starts up top? Seems insane. I'd rather have Peruzza there, who we know from USL can finish and at least is hungry.

SoccMan2
11-21-2021, 01:32 PM
Hey look Pozuelo injured did he hurt his pinky again ? No big loss put Osorio there he will do a better job than this overpaid La Liga bench warmer !

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 01:34 PM
Can the whole physio/conditioning team be fired once for all? From the first to the last man?
I've had more than enough of this shit with injuries.

Luanda
11-21-2021, 01:37 PM
http://www.live7v.com/c/football/canada-championship/21-11-2021/toronto-vs-montreal/1/

but no sound

jloome
11-21-2021, 01:48 PM
We're going to need Richie to pull some magical shit out today to have any chance.

rydermike
11-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Westberg bailed out Dunn

jloome
11-21-2021, 01:55 PM
Fucking Dwyer. Behind the open cross twice, not going to the net. Without his speed, he's not an MLS quality striker, he's just not.

ag futbol
11-21-2021, 01:57 PM
What is wrong with starting Perruzza over Dwyer? Seriously

Oldtimer
11-21-2021, 02:04 PM
It looks inevitable that Montréal will score.

Bradley essentially playing defense is always a bad sign.

PizzaEatingYeti
Fucking Dwyer. Behind the open cross twice, not going to the net. Without his speed, he's not an MLS quality striker, he's just not.

This whole season Dwyer was a monument of uselessness.

jloome
I thought the comments in the pregame about Perez getting very little time to work with them on the pitch because he spent all of his time handling "big personalities" sort of spoke volumes as to how fractured our dressing room clearly is. We have to ship some players, no doubt.

How negligent in their duties are the MLSE Board for allowing the same front office to continue that failed on our new coach, failed on our DP, failed on our fitness staff, and have failed to address or stay in contact with fans?

It's dire, boys.

MikeForbes
This season has been a complete disaster. We are gonna need a lucky bounce or to get this to penalties to win playing this way.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 02:05 PM
Perruzza and Soteldo on please

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 02:07 PM
I thought the comments in the pregame about Perez getting very little time to work with them on the pitch because he spent all of his time handling "big personalities" sort of spoke volumes as to how fractured our dressing room clearly is. We have to ship some players, no doubt.

How negligent in their duties are the MLSE Board for allowing the same front office to continue that failed on our new coach, failed on our DP, failed on our fitness staff, and have failed to address or stay in contact with fans?

It's dire, boys.

Got to believe in the next few days its all going to come out as to how fractured the dressing room is

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 02:10 PM
Got to believe in the next few days its all going to come out as to how fractured the dressing room is

There will be exit interviews on Tuesday

BUT

fractured locker room stuff doesn't usually get fully exposed during those events, especially as MLSE is still doing zoom interviews

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:11 PM
Perruzza and Soteldo on please

I think Soteldo is on the bench to suggest to shoppers that he's not injured.

Achara has been okay. We just have no cohesion because it's another makeshift lineup, with no playmakers other than Osorio and Laryea.

He has to track runners better but Dunn has done okay, stepped up for a couple of decent challenges. Mavinga knows Bradley is not a good man marker in the box and twice tracked over before the dangerous ball even got to MB's man to cover him because Bradley was not tight enough to prevent a shot.

36% possession, 68% passing. We have to get Dwyer out. Shaffelburg is good for creating at least two solid chances if we have someone in there who can finish them.

Bushmancan
11-21-2021, 02:12 PM
Fire curtis

noxx98
11-21-2021, 02:14 PM
Time for Perruzza szn.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:14 PM
This broadcast would suck to watch as an English Montreal fan or a neutral. The commentary team are both literally employed by TFC and it really comes across watching this.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 02:17 PM
There will be exit interviews on Tuesday

BUT

fractured locker room stuff doesn't usually get fully exposed during those events, especially as MLSE is still doing zoom interviews

I just think with the guys leaving stuff will come out

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:17 PM
This broadcast would suck to watch as an English Montreal fan or a neutral. The commentary team are both literally employed by TFC and it really comes across watching this.

I should add it also sucks to watch period. OneSoccer's production has improved, but they need to invest in better commentary.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 02:19 PM
I think Soteldo is on the bench to suggest to shoppers that he's not injured.

Achara has been okay. We just have no cohesion because it's another makeshift lineup, with no playmakers other than Osorio and Laryea.

He has to track runners better but Dunn has done okay, stepped up for a couple of decent challenges. Mavinga knows Bradley is not a good man marker in the box and twice tracked over before the dangerous ball even got to MB's man to cover him because Bradley was not tight enough to prevent a shot.

36% possession, 68% passing. We have to get Dwyer out. Shaffelburg is good for creating at least two solid chances if we have someone in there who can finish them.

Desperate times….Achara, Schaff and Yefe had a few good games up top I’d take just 20 minutes of that today

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 02:19 PM
I should add it also sucks to watch period. OneSoccer's production has improved, but they need to invest in better commentary.

Go to settings

Go to Audio

Program Option 3 is crowd noise only

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:21 PM
Go to settings

Go to Audio

Good call. This is much more enjoyable.

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:25 PM
Fire curtis

More than anything, he clearly can't read people. Vanney's strength as much as anything else was knowing how to handle and, if necessary, get rid of disruptors.

I suspect we have several strong personalities who just don't respect anyone's opinion but their own, not a bunch of guys fighting for each other.

I think Richie and Delgado are both great players, but the former shouldn't have been talking about his Euro ambitions publicly and trying to start fights after every on-field conflict, and the latter shouldn't mope and bitch whenever something goes badly in a game.

Mavinga clearly struggled in other parts of his career with his mental health and staying positive. He's a great defender by MLS standards... when he's positive and fierce. Lawrence took on his own teammate, Altidore, during a confrontation with a player from the other team, which whether Jozy was right or not is just not on. Jozy, as we know, thinks a great deal of his own opinion.
No one, it seems, has ever liked MB very much. They respect his skill but I don't think they follow him.

We have a lot of very skilled headcases. When your most inspiring player is Jonathan Osorio, who is 10% more testosterone from being Roy Kent-grim and never smiles, it's hard to see where the leadership is coming. Add in Pozuelo who always seems like a 'don't make waves' guy and Soteldo, who seems to think everything is everyone else's fault whether playing for us or Venezuela....

Seriously. We have serious personality problems.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:27 PM
Pretty bad we have got to the point where we are treating Montreal as if they are Real Madrid and we are Granada.

TeeeGO
11-21-2021, 02:28 PM
http://www.live7v.com/c/football/canada-championship/21-11-2021/toronto-vs-montreal/1/

but no sound

Thanks

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:30 PM
Soteldo gets a yellow while being off the field for pushing waterman

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:30 PM
A melee not caused by Dom Dwyer?

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:31 PM
Soteldo gets a yellow while being off the field for pushing waterman

He's showing more passion in defending his teammate than the team on the field is showing for the game.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:32 PM
Free canoe ride.

ensco
11-21-2021, 02:34 PM
Jonathan Osorio, who is 10% more testosterone from being Roy Kent-grim

Ahh that is outstanding. So true.

ensco
11-21-2021, 02:35 PM
Would there be extra time here, or straight to PKs?

I hope straight to PKs. 60 more minutes of this would be unbearable.

Amir.
wanyama hits the bar

Amir.
it would go straight to pk's

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 02:36 PM
Go to settings

Go to Audio

Thanks!

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:39 PM
What on Earth are they booing? It was a clear foul, whether he drew it or not.

noxx98
11-21-2021, 02:41 PM
Mavinga has looked good today. Perhaps his best game of the season? Good to see from him as he struggled this year and had some off-field challenges too.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:41 PM
Really looks like a game thats going to pks

Derko
11-21-2021, 02:42 PM
Come on TFC play for fucking pride

rydermike
Watch Dwyer end up scoring the game winning PK.

jloome
Lord, take Dwyer off. We might as well be playing with 10 men.

rydermike
11-21-2021, 02:44 PM
Wtf was that

Amir.
oh what a goal quioto with the chip

Auzzy
More than anything, he clearly can't read people. Vanney's strength as much as anything else was knowing how to handle and, if necessary, get rid of disruptors.

I suspect we have several strong personalities who just don't respect anyone's opinion but their own, not a bunch of guys fighting for each other.

I think Richie and Delgado are both great players, but the former shouldn't have been talking about his Euro ambitions publicly and trying to start fights after every on-field conflict, and the latter shouldn't mope and bitch whenever something goes badly in a game.

Mavinga clearly struggled in other parts of his career with his mental health and staying positive. He's a great defender by MLS standards... when he's positive and fierce. Lawrence took on his own teammate, Altidore, during a confrontation with a player from the other team, which whether Jozy was right or not is just not on. Jozy, as we know, thinks a great deal of his own opinion.
No one, it seems, has ever liked MB very much. They respect his skill but I don't think they follow him.

We have a lot of very skilled headcases. When your most inspiring player is Jonathan Osorio, who is 10% more testosterone from being Roy Kent-grim and never smiles, it's hard to see where the leadership is coming. Add in Pozuelo who always seems like a 'don't make waves' guy and Soteldo, who seems to think everything is everyone else's fault whether playing for us or Venezuela....

Seriously. We have serious personality problems.

I generally agree. However I believe Osorio is also a frequent negative influence. I haven't noticed Delgado's bitching so much, but perhaps I haven't been paying attention. I feel like they both need a reset.

Also Dom Dwyer: perhaps he's only a shit disturber towards the opponent, but he also seems like he's a possible headcase and another big personality.

Well that goal was a long time coming. Good night to 2021 (& 2017).

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:45 PM
Whatever. Fuck this season.

jloome
That was Westberg's fault, way too far off his line.

Losing to the Limp Acts is putting a closer on a dismal season. No Champions League for us next year.

ensco
Jesus what a brutal goal. Metaphor for the season.

This will be the seventh and last time I point out that, no matter how good Westberg can look, his height is regularly exploited.

MikeForbes
Is there a setting to mute that stupid bell?

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:46 PM
Greg Sutton, poor form ringing the bell against one of your own clubs. I get that we released him for King Stefan but you don't celebrate against your old team.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 02:47 PM
That was Westberg's fault, way too far off his line.

Losing to the Limp Acts is putting a closer on a dismal season. No Champions League for us next year.

I agree RE Westberg, but it also looked like Dunn was jogging rather than sprinting.

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:47 PM
It's the 75 minute and we're down, so now we'll start playing with passion, when it's already too late.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:48 PM
Get Soteldo on there. He is the only guy who might be able to do something.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:49 PM
bring perruzza put okello up front with him and pump those balls forward

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:50 PM
Yeah, just keep waiting on those subs, Javier.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:51 PM
okello achara shaffelburg off and soteldo deleon perruzza on

Auzzy
bring perruzza put okello up front with him and pump those balls forward

Okello is tall, but he seems to only jump about 3cm off the ground. I've seen him get beat to headers by shorter players tonight. Perhaps it's an issue of effort especially today.

Amir.
sub out the sub...a perez classic

OgtheDim
God we need a reset bad

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:52 PM
okello achara shaffelburg off and soteldo deleon perruzza on

Achara still in Dwyer out.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:54 PM
leave dunn or mavinga up there...absolutely nothing to lose and gotta go direct

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:55 PM
sub out the sub...a perez classic

actually achara still there...dwyer out

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 02:55 PM
Since June...since June...this has been the day the team has been peaking towards - planning towards - trying to get to see who could succeed together how on the pitch

Think about that

Sorry, Perez ain't good enough

Amir.
11-21-2021, 02:57 PM
still passing the ball around with only perruzza up centrally at 83 min and they turn it over easily...play with urgency get players up and put balls in the box

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 02:59 PM
Achara and everyone else have been awful today.

jloome
11-21-2021, 02:59 PM
Since June...since June...this has been the day the team has been peaking towards - planning towards - trying to get to see who could succeed together how on the pitch

Think about that

Have to agree. Unless he's being told he has to start Dwyer I wonder what the point was. What was the point of leaving Soteldo, if fit enough to play, until the 77 minute?

He seems an OK motivator, as he's at least gotten a few decent results out of them, but I see little tactical cleverness and his lineup and sub choices have been bizarre.

I think he's a good choice for an assistant coach and probably does great with youth players but he's not ready for prime time, at least not with this roster. Maybe nobody would be. If he had a season and player acquisitions, he might show better. But there's no spirit here today, very little fight. It's like most of them are going through the motions.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 03:01 PM
gantar way off on some calls

RealG-TFC
11-21-2021, 03:03 PM

Still not good enough

jloome
Ah, Geez. The kid fluffs his line.

rydermike
Oh mu God perruzza

MikeForbes
How Perruzza?! How?!

Bushmancan
Brutal.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 03:04 PM

I thought Gantar did some odd calls in our favour early on, but more than made up for it with bad calls lately.

WTF off the post. As much as TFC doesn't deserve to tie this game, it would be wonderful for Montreal to suffer that fate.

Amir.
perruzza misses an open net...why isnt he starting???

MikeForbes
Hope the kid has a short memory.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 03:05 PM
I guess TFC thought the game starts in the 90th minute.

jloome
11-21-2021, 03:07 PM
Gantar is so full of shit.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 03:07 PM
WTF was that call against TFC in the box?

jloome
11-21-2021, 03:08 PM
WTF was that call against TFC in the box?

Allegedly Peruzza was offside but he clearly wasn't. Or he fouled his, which he clearly didn't, they were both grabbing at each other but minimally.

Gringo Starr
Shit

Amir.
Montreal takes it

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 03:09 PM
Never been so happy to see a season end.

OgtheDim
Seeing the replay that's not an easy move he tried - man will learn, stop it & strike

Amir.
What a mistake to not bring soteldo sooner or to even start him

Auzzy
Well I would say Good Night.

But it's not the night, and it wasn't good.

At least this season is over.

notthesun
11-21-2021, 03:10 PM
If there was VAR that would have 100% been a penalty on Laryea at the end. But whatever, we are honestly better off without CCL next year.

notthesun
11-21-2021, 03:11 PM

Eh. The guy is just not very good. I hope we make our money back on his transfer out.

Oldtimer
11-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Done and dusted. I hope next year is much better.

MikeForbes
11-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Turned the audio back on for the post game and Gareth Wheeler sounds like his dog died.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 03:13 PM
I have a hard time blaming Perez for not putting on Soteldo earlier. There must have been a reason. I have to guess he wasn't 100% and Perez wanted to keep him available to close out the game. It almost worked.

That was the last time DeLeon will be playing in Canada, at least for a while. After Jan. 15th no more exemptions for pro or amateur athletes that aren't fully vaccinated.

SoccMan2
11-21-2021, 03:14 PM
Hey you want to watch a CONCACAF Champions League game next year go to Hamilton to Tim Hortons Field as Forge will represent Ontario in the CONCACAF Champions League . What’s Forges budget ? Lol but they going to the Champions League and all that money MLSE owned team going home embarrassing!

Amir.
11-21-2021, 03:16 PM
osorio invisible as usual when others arent creating

jloome
11-21-2021, 03:19 PM
SILVER LINING: No claiming any sort of success from our woeful front office. Maybe this'll get rid of them that much sooner.

Initial B
11-21-2021, 03:21 PM
Well, at least Shaff got the best young player award for the tournament. The only silver lining I can see from the result is that the Front Office has absolutely nothing they can present to the board when they go before them for their yearly performance appraisal. Here's to hoping MLSE board cleans house, otherwise I don't see much point in watching next year if the same Front Office is in place, because I have no faith that they can acquire the pieces that the new coach is going to ask for.

Bushmancan
11-21-2021, 03:22 PM
If there was VAR that would have 100% been a penalty on Laryea at the end. But whatever, we are honestly better off without CCL next year.

^ This … exactly this. As much as it is fun, how can a team finish 2nd last qualify for Champions league. It was a false way to validate a season. TBH, I suspect how sick Jozy really was, I am certain in another time he would have tried to play. Although I believe both Jozy and Curtis should not be here in the same capacity next year. My gut says they will.

Gringo Starr
11-21-2021, 03:24 PM
SILVER LINING: No claiming any sort of success from our woeful front office. Maybe this'll get rid of them that much sooner.

When Manning and Curtis were front and centre at Morrow’s farewell I figured they know they are safe for next year

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:30 PM

Think about that

to be fair, those plans MIGHT have included Jozy and Poz

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:31 PM
Have to agree. Unless he's being told he has to start Dwyer I wonder what the point was. What was the point of leaving Soteldo, if fit enough to play, until the 77 minute?

He seems an OK motivator, as he's at least gotten a few decent results out of them, but I see little tactical cleverness and his lineup and sub choices have been bizarre.

I think he's a good choice for an assistant coach and probably does great with youth players but he's not ready for prime time, at least not with this roster. Maybe nobody would be. If he had a season and player acquisitions, he might show better. But there's no spirit here today, very little fight. It's like most of them are going through the motions.

Soteldo was hurt

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:33 PM
Allegedly Peruzza was offside but he clearly wasn't. Or he fouled his, which he clearly didn't, they were both grabbing at each other but minimally.

Clear PEN there too - had to know it with Gantar. Still, hard to argue us not winning a trophy after this shit show of a season. I hope there is change staring at the top but wont hold my bra=eath for the top.

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:34 PM

He's recovering from some kind of injury

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:35 PM

Absolutely a penalty. But we didnt deserve it, really - not on the game on the season

Amir.
11-21-2021, 03:36 PM
he was fine to play so at the very least could have come on earlier

MightyDM
11-21-2021, 03:36 PM

:flare:

OgtheDim
11-21-2021, 03:42 PM
he was fine to play so at the very least could have come on earlier

Gotta say it

like wtf are we saving Soteldo for?!??!

I get a guy puking can't play but if Soteldo can dress, he can run 45 minutes, not just 13.

Jesus tap dancing on the head of pin, its the last game of the season with no camp until mid January

noxx98
11-21-2021, 03:47 PM
Gotta say it

like wtf are we saving Soteldo for?!??!

I get a guy puking can't play but if Soteldo can dress, he can run 45 minutes, not just 13.

Jesus tap dancing on the head of pin, its the last game of the season with no camp until mid January
His first day back training with the team was like Thursday. But agreed needed Soteldo for longer. Even 30 minutes. Tell him to just stand in the middle of the park and play diagonals to the wings if he can’t run.

barticusz
11-21-2021, 03:56 PM
I think we can easily dub this the worst season in TFC history. Doesn’t matter how many injuries we had, this roster was still better than the 2012 season and man were we bad.

Thankfully the torture is over. Let the silly season fully start, at least there’s always a glimmer of hope with that unlike when we’re on the field.

ag futbol
11-21-2021, 04:13 PM
Didn’t watch the game but one thing that immediately stood out from the highlights was how often Dunn got burned. Not going to be a first team fixture anytime soon I’d guess

PizzaEatingYeti
11-21-2021, 04:22 PM
Hey MLSE board, now that this successfull season has ended for TFC, I hope you won't forget the two fine gentlemen, who put strong shoulders all along the way in acquiring this success: Mannig and Curtis, and you will thank them with nice fat premium cheques for all their work.

Auzzy
11-21-2021, 04:27 PM
Didn’t watch the game but one thing that immediately stood out from the highlights was how often Dunn got burned. Not going to be a first team fixture anytime soon I’d guess

Considering the backline of Dunn, Bradley and Mavinga (who is good but needs a solid leader next to him), it's amazing Montreal only scored once. They won't make it far in CCL with that finishing. Bradley looked slower than normal today, or perhaps Montreal is just pretty fast. (On that note, Shaffelburg didn't look very fast today either.)

Anybody know what's up with Kemar Lawrence, was he injured? We missed him today.

Amir.
11-21-2021, 04:28 PM
lawrence got injured with jamaica

Richard
11-21-2021, 04:38 PM
I don't see how you can blame Perez. At least half this team is not good enough and should be gone.

Regarding Soteldo it's most likely that he is being transferred in January and want to minimize injury risk. Knowing our physio team that's probably the right call.

jloome
11-21-2021, 05:32 PM
I don't see how you can blame Perez. At least half this team is not good enough and should be gone.

Regarding Soteldo it's most likely that he is being transferred in January and want to minimize injury risk. Knowing our physio team that's probably the right call.

Knowing our physio team, he'll show up in Sao Paulo with one foot.

Bobo
11-21-2021, 06:07 PM
Wouldn't have watched this even if it was on a service that didn't suck. I had too much shame to even want a trophy after such a godforsaken year. They can go out just like they spent their season - as losers. And Manning and Curtis can keep eating shit. Their gross incompetence has ruined this football club.

Thomas
11-21-2021, 08:02 PM
I don’t have much to say, other than the team’s performance this year (including the shitty club management), is a disgrace for our club. Plain and simple. I am willing to accept mediocrity for some time with a proper house cleaning.