PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 28 - Chicago @ TFC Sunday Oct 3 4:08pm - How Much Do You

OgtheDim
09-30-2021, 06:28 AM
Commit Yourself

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cFH5JgyZK1I

Have at It People

OgtheDim
09-30-2021, 06:53 AM
Oh lookey..

https://twitter.com/BrianSandalow/status/1443428301419290627

Ultra & Proud
09-30-2021, 09:45 AM
Now they're firing their managers right before playing us.

Pineda is safe as he's new but Neville better watch out.

jloome
09-30-2021, 12:40 PM
Now they're firing their managers right before playing us.

Pineda is safe as he's new but Neville better watch out.

I suspect Neville gets at least another season just because of the Becks connection. He was sort of a tire fire as coach of England's women and has basically zero experience at this level, so it's not particularly surprising.

But given that they've handed starting jobs in USL-1 to both their kids, neither of whom is as good as the other players on their team, I'm not sure they're taking it quite as seriously as... say... non-multi-millionaire coaches who didn't have a franchise handed to them.

Also, Neville gets to argue the roster was messed up by their former GM, who was fired for the whole bogus DP fiasco.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-03-2021, 09:05 AM
GAME DAY!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Just saying!...
Because the silence is deafening in this thread!
Yet again... And sadly this is becoming the norm.

benito
10-03-2021, 09:14 AM
The stadium will be empty again. It appears that at least 80% of the tickets are available for the match.

Smokecell
10-03-2021, 09:31 AM
GAME DAY!

:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

Just saying!...
Because the silence is deafening in this thread!
Yet again... And sadly this is becoming the norm.

Same can be said for section 112. It’s basically just the inebs and some kings left.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-03-2021, 10:36 AM
We are eagerly waiting to find out this little fellow's mood:

https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/51476040429_bec067f85b_z.jpg

reggie
10-03-2021, 10:40 AM
Same can be said for section 112. It’s basically just the inebs and some kings left.
can you say bandwagon.i give credit to the inebs they bring it no matter what,there were maybe 2 or 3 in the RPB section on weds

Red CB Toronto
10-03-2021, 11:30 AM
The stadium will be empty again. It appears that at least 80% of the tickets are available for the match.

Weather is going to be crap and their is a pretty big baseball game going on at the same time, easy to see while the casual would stay away.

https://scontent.fymy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/242740601_1550904138592384_9138587957806624393_n.j pg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeG8d6NSi3DBftODUZhqd4A4Wp8JkCSYh4danwmQJ JiHh62i4q4FqLrdErrjARwrsm0&_nc_ohc=SpqVLOL5XrIAX83Db0-&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.fna&oh=d45154642ca3f349e75e690a89d6690f&oe=617FA2CF

barticusz
10-03-2021, 11:38 AM
Weather is going to be crap and their is a pretty big baseball game going on at the same time, easy to see while the casual would stay away.

The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?

SoccMan2
10-03-2021, 11:59 AM
It wasn’t long ago when I would come here and say that Seattle attendance and Atlanta attendance was incredible and that our attendance was good but no comparison to places like those two. I remember getting shouted down with people on here saying their attendance wouldn’t last lol. Well well look at that eh even the hard core supporters sections are basically empty lol . Atlanta went through a few bad years of lousy teams but support was always good . However , these TFC attendance is basically a joke right now even worse than the last season of Chivas USA when they already knew they were going to fold . When even your so called supporters sections are empty than you really have to start to wonder . Seriously , i’ve been following this league since it started and the attendances for TFC games these past games are some of the worst ever in this league, seriously maybe an average of about 1000 people on average in the last 4 or 5 games . Makes you wonder what kind of fans TFC really had since 2007 ?

Auzzy
10-03-2021, 12:12 PM
The attendance has been absolutely brutal lately and it is quite alarming. What did the attendance look like in 2012? Was it this bad?

Yes attendance is bad; many reasons have been mentioned.

But it's not comparable to 2012 TFC (and probably not comparable to Seattle or Atlanta either, unless they had very low attendance during portions of the pandemic when they allowed fans at all). The massive difference now: we essentially have no season ticket holders at the moment. All season seats are opt-in. Nobody has pre-paid their seat for the season, and is pressured to go or lose their money.

As nobody has paid in advance, all the other valid reasons have a much bigger impact: lousy weather; lousy team & end of hopeless season; Blue Jays; any remaining pandemic worries; losing touch with the team over the last 20 months; etc. They'll likely be bad, but probably not this bad.

And low attendance on its own has a feedback effect: low attendance & low excitement leads to less interest.

I think we can stop worrying about it for the rest of this season, this is how it's gonna be. Let's see how the start of next season and season seat renewals work out.

barticusz
10-03-2021, 12:28 PM
Not sure why should not be worried about it? Every team can draw up excuses this year but no one other than Chicago is drawing more poorly than TFC. 2-4K in attendance at what is supposed to be a prestigious club is not acceptable.

This is the kind of thing that quickly spirals out of control in a bad way. When all the casuals see no one attending it’s completely off their radar. If the supporters groups can’t even fill their own tiny deck, what’s left? Maybe one good thing out of this is that the management team drastically lowers prices but that’s probably unlikely.

Also, to make matters worse Toronto has been hosting the CMNT and even that has looked like it can’t draw the big crowds, granted there are capacity restrictions. For such a large City it shocking that there aren’t 20-30k dedicated fans.

noxx98
10-03-2021, 12:31 PM
Going to be another low attendance game. Bad weather, big Jays/baseball day today. Anyways, see ya'll there.

Bushmancan
10-03-2021, 01:01 PM
Not sure why should not be worried about it? Every team can draw up excuses this year but no one other than Chicago is drawing more poorly than TFC. 2-4K in attendance at what is supposed to be a prestigious club is not acceptable.

This is the kind of thing that quickly spirals out of control in a bad way. When all the casuals see no one attending it’s completely off their radar. If the supporters groups can’t even fill their own tiny deck, what’s left? Maybe one good thing out of this is that the management team drastically lowers prices but that’s probably unlikely.

Also, to make matters worse Toronto has been hosting the CMNT and even that has looked like it can’t draw the big crowds, granted there are capacity restrictions. For such a large City it shocking that there aren’t 20-30k dedicated fans.

I genuinely believe it is a combination of things…. Pandemic for sure, SSH not obliged (i would always make sure my seats were used), season is over, but i think a very big one is that the regular fan and supporters contempt for the current management. At least it is for me.

Always want to support the players but i am stunned at how drastically we have fallen since Leweike. THE NYRB experiment needs to end, I would go to the final five with change in management. I am going to the Canada game (in fact bringing 8) and the Canadian Championships (supports Canadian Football)… but current management isn’t getting anymore from me this year.

leedsandTFC
10-03-2021, 01:01 PM

if the team was this bad in a normal year there would still be 15-20K fans there.

the fact fans have to opt in to go to a game in a pandemic that is completely meaningless is all sorts of discouraging.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 01:03 PM
It’s a weird time. We have to accept that. MLSE though needs to start next year off in the right foot ie competent coach (Perez or otherwise); a striker who attracts buzz and two CB’s. My main worry about the attendance is that MLSE took for granted this gem the Tims built - they need to pay attention to all the details. Including why we come to games. Simple example, in 2019 we had Saturday evening games in March and April. They should be 3 pm kick offs because, weather. Lots more details management failures to pay attention to - time to do much more.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 01:13 PM
The Jays playing what is basically a playoff game at the same time is definitely going to effect the attendance.

jloome
10-03-2021, 01:19 PM

COVID and a bad team. If fans think the team has a chance of winning, they'll look at it and say, "I'm double vaccinated, it's reduced capacity, it's worth it."

Can't really compare the impact here and in the U.S., where vaccine denial and distancing are both potently affected by both politics and religious politics to a significantly greater degree. Combine that with zero presales, as Auzzyrules mentions and it's a recipe for light turnout.

Vancouver is in a playoff hunt with limited seating and can't get good crowds either:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/whitecaps-are-back-but-where-are-their-fans

Until people feel safe AND that their dollar will be well spent (or is prespent) the numbers will be tiny. Most people I know aren't going to take a risk on what they see as meaningless games, because the team is 17 points out.

I wonder if TSN's tv ratings are up or down for games?

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 01:20 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1444381906183901184?s=19

https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1429615426456236033?s=19

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 01:23 PM
Going to this game. I get why some won't.

Going to enjoy a glass of red wine & look for good things for 2022

noxx98
10-03-2021, 02:09 PM
Poz posted an Instagram story with his jersey in his locker. Looks like he’s back!

SirBobSaget
10-03-2021, 02:22 PM
COVID and a bad team. If fans think the team has a chance of winning, they'll look at it and say, "I'm double vaccinated, it's reduced capacity, it's worth it."

Can't really compare the impact here and in the U.S., where vaccine denial and distancing are both potently affected by both politics and religious politics to a significantly greater degree. Combine that with zero presales, as Auzzyrules mentions and it's a recipe for light turnout.

Vancouver is in a playoff hunt with limited seating and can't get good crowds either:
https://dailyhive.com/vancouver/whitecaps-are-back-but-where-are-their-fans

Until people feel safe AND that their dollar will be well spent (or is prespent) the numbers will be tiny. Most people I know aren't going to take a risk on what they see as meaningless games, because the team is 17 points out.

I wonder if TSN's tv ratings are up or down for games?

The linked article is from august. They had over 17k in attendance last night.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 02:28 PM
Same lineup as Wednesday. Poz returns to the bench. He'll probably play 20 minutes or so.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 03:02 PM
This is some bullshit propaganda if I ever saw it.

How about some acknowledgment that you made the wrong moves?

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 03:12 PM

I assume you are talking the Manning interview. I forgot to watch it. Did he blame the season on playing in Florida again?

Auzzy
10-03-2021, 03:14 PM

Are you referring to the Manning interview?

That's one sign of my lingering TFC PTSD: I really can't watch or listen to TFC interviews anymore. It's been that way for a couple of years, after I lapped up every TFC interview and news article in the early years. I can't remember exactly when my aversion to TFC interviews started; after Winter / before Vanney I guess. From the bit I've seen from Manning, I can just imagine: acting all confident as he's trying to sell you a shit sandwich.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-03-2021, 03:15 PM

I'm surprised you expected different from Manning.
Same old, same old...

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 03:19 PM
I assume you are talking the Manning interview. I forgot to watch it. Did he blame the season on playing in Florida again?
There were plenty of excuses to go around but these were a few that I remember:

1. Playing every game on the road is hard.
2. We had so many injuries!
3. We never replaced Pablo Piatti

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 03:24 PM

Giovinco is totally gonna be that Piatti replacement, isn't he?

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 03:30 PM
Refs are gonna hate being assigned to our games next year if we do have Giovinco. Between him and Soteldo there will be so many yellow cards for dissent.

jloome
10-03-2021, 03:36 PM
Not a good start.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 03:38 PM
Oh Bono

Thomas
10-03-2021, 03:40 PM
I saw a CIBC logo on the Fire jersey

jloome
10-03-2021, 03:52 PM
Linesman got fooled there.

Bushmancan
10-03-2021, 03:55 PM
This is exactly where I hate Caldwell…

jloome
10-03-2021, 03:56 PM
Darn straight. I don’t think he was off.

Caldwell, lol, why would yOU ever think a handball was a handball? That NEVER happens.

ah shit, he missed the pk

Thomas
10-03-2021, 03:57 PM
Caldwell is so consistent

PizzaEatingYeti
10-03-2021, 03:58 PM
Soteldo played like shit the whole half, not only the penalty.

OgtheDim
Lots of good stuff for 2022.

jloome
I think the difference between Soteldo here and in Brazil is that he’s the only guy absolutely expected to be the business every game. And he looks like what he is when that pressure is on: a 24 year old who a makes bad decisions,

He’s very talented but he’s still a young player in terms of decision making.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Must be nice having a GK who can save a penalty.

notthesun
10-03-2021, 03:59 PM
Man Soteldo just ain't it.

Thomas
10-03-2021, 04:00 PM
I like Achara’s effort, but he has lost so many balls today

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Man Soteldo just ain't it.

I'll give him another year, but I am not exactly sold on the guy.

rocktml
10-03-2021, 04:01 PM
Ugh fuck sake! Get Soteldo off and send him to Brazil right away. What a waste of a DP slot. Dribbles into defenders can’t finish for the Life of him. Useless out there

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 04:02 PM
This is a Fifa listed ref

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:04 PM
The midfield has not been good today. Bradley especially has been a step of two off the pace.

ag futbol
Caldwell is an idiot. Taking down a 50 yard ball in full stride is not an easy play “could have done better” , shut up already

Bushmancan
Delgado hit the net….WooHoo. Shoot the ball!!

MikeForbes
Marky is a goal machine.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 04:05 PM
About time the midfield actually tried a shot on net

benito
10-03-2021, 04:08 PM
Taking down a 50 yard ball in full stride is not an easy play “could have done better” , shut up already

completely agree. That’s a super tough play.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 04:09 PM
Shaff is..
good

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:11 PM
Shaff is..
good

If he was American there would be so much hype about him heading to Europe from the big MLS writers.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 04:12 PM
Shaff is..
good
Yeah agreed. His effectiveness is being helped by Solteldo’s movement in the middle but you’d be hard pressed not to say he’s making a case for a starting role next year. He’s been our best player over the last five games and arguably the main reason we’ve turned around our results.

All the from a guy who was trying to get a sniff behind Endoh in the depth chart before a reversal of fortune. Have to question what the coaching staff was thinking.

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:24 PM
I thought we put in a great effort the goal. Omar hasn’t played defence that well since LA.

Soteldo is very talented and dangerous but makes poor decisions. When he just takes the early, obvious option we are so much more dangerous.

He’s a TAM level winger in this league until he starts taking the safe option more often. But that’s why I point to age and maturity. He’s hotheaded and wants to impress too much.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:26 PM
Delgado having more goals than Jozy Altidore is not ideal.

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:27 PM
Shaff gets prize for best called back celebration.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:29 PM

Just catching up but why did they let Piatti go if he was so important. And by the way it’s not missing Piatti that’s the issue. It’s the lack of a striker and two defenders

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:30 PM
Really impressed by Chicago's keeper. Pretty calm and composed from a 17 year old.

jloome
Kemar Lawrence doing the business today.

Feel like we might still get three out of this.

ag futbol
Can Lawrence be our David Alba?

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Just catching up but why did they let Piatti go if he was so important. And by the way it’s not missing Piatti that’s the issue. It’s the lack of a striker and two defenders

Piatti was a marginal decision in the scheme of our injuries and other roster shortcomings, but it’s probably what Manning will use to justify getting rid of Curtis. Don’t overestimate his wilingness to protect a former teammate, he’s senior management.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:32 PM
Lawrence is for sure gonna be a CB next year. I just cannot see Omar being back next year unless he takes a massive pay cut. Mavinga's future seems very much up in the air.

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:34 PM
Daaaaaamn son.

Gonzalez rebirth continues. What is Perez feeding that lad?

benito
Great header by Omar.

MikeForbes
Nevermind. Omar back as a DP!

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:35 PM
Right off the training ground. And they were better after the team talk at the half - both credit to Perez.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 04:36 PM
Whomever is doing our set pieces coaching has stepped up their game.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:37 PM
Everyone knew for sure that Delgado and Gonzalez would score goals today, right? ;)

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 04:38 PM
I feel like Perez has been good at organizing the team in a sensible way that avoids things like Omar Gonzalez being exposed or Auro ending up on some strange adventure wondering forward.

I still think you want to replace Gonzalez though, at least as a starter. Against a really good team they will be able to find ways to expose his lack of speed more consistently.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:38 PM
Also given Gonzalez’s various weaknesses, why not use him in the air where he is actually good?

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:41 PM
I feel like Perez has been good at organizing the team in a sensible way that avoids things like Omar Gonzalez being exposed or Auro ending up on some strange adventure wondering forward.

I still think you want to replace Gonzalez though, at least as a starter. Against a really good team they will be able to find ways to expose his lack of speed more consistently.

Oh yes, agreed.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:43 PM
Soteldo was right there. Come on Achara.

benito
Achara has to pass that ball. Soltedo was very open.

jloome

the attitude adjustment in the players has been massive. The body language, the cohesive movement as a team, the effort. It took a while for him to establish himself, but I think you give this guy the pieces he wants, we’ll win a lot of games.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 04:44 PM
Soteldo was right there. Come on Achara.
He’s done that twice now, although the first one was a little less clear cut. He’s got to step it up a bit if he wants the same minutes next year.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:46 PM
He’s done that twice now, although the first one was a little less clear cut. He’s got to step it up a bit if he wants the same minutes next year.

Yeah. He is coming off as a serviceable MLS player, but looking more like a guy you would bring on in the 70th minute to take advantage of a tired team.

benito
10-03-2021, 04:48 PM
Nice pass by oso and nice finish from soltedo!

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Right fullback kept him on. Just hammered it to make sure.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:49 PM
Bradley, Delgado and Osorio turning back the clock.

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:50 PM
Yeah. He is coming off as a serviceable MLS player, but looking more like a guy you would bring on in the 70th minute to take advantage of a tired team.
At least we’re getting him young enough to improve his decision making and challenge for the first team.

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Anyone remember the last time we came back from one down in consecutive games?

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:51 PM
Great ball winning by Bradley there to set up possession for the goal.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 04:53 PM
The thing he has, that would be useful to replicate with any new signing, is that he’s big enough to hold up the ball and fast enough to make it up and down the flank. A useful trait when you’re basically playing Solteldo as the striker and he’s not going to give you much in terms of hold up play.

jloome
Klopas is such a lousy coach. We’ve been pressing high all game and he’s still trying to build from the back.

Pretty lousy person too, by at least one source I trust.

MikeForbes
Honestly bummed that we have two weeks off now. This is the best the team has looked all season.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:54 PM
Shaff looks gassed

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Shaff looks gassed
Coming out jmr

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 04:55 PM
Did Caldwell just blame Delgado for that Omar giveaway?

benito
10-03-2021, 04:56 PM
Tfc got lucky there. Bono has to be aware of Omar’s lack of touch and not give him that pass.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:56 PM
That was exactly the same mistake that Bono made last game. What is he thinking. Learn from your mistakes lad. Foot through it up 2 with 15 minutes left

jloome
10-03-2021, 04:57 PM
It’s worth noting on Achara he’s a strong pressing forward, defensively. He was a fullback in the Nigerian Nats youth system.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 04:59 PM
Did Caldwell just blame Delgado for that Omar giveaway?

Wasn’t Omar’s fault. Same thing as Bradley last game - Bono gave a pass to an under pressure defender with his back to the play. And yes, Caldwell did blame Marky.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 05:00 PM
Achara looks gassed too. Has played very well, except for not passing to Soteldo for the tap in.

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 05:01 PM
It’s worth noting on Achara he’s a strong pressing forward, defensively. He was a fullback in the Nigerian Nats youth system.

Good workrate too.

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:01 PM
Wasn’t Omar’s fault. Same thing as Bradley last game - Bono gave a pass to an under pressure defender with his back to the play. And yes, Caldwell did blame Marky.

disagree
Omar let the ball run past him to gain a step when he didn’t have the space, forced him to make a bad pass.

phw. Getting a call there.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 05:02 PM
These guys are gassed but we don’t have the depth in some spots.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 05:03 PM
JMR is not a midfielder - that was painful

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:04 PM
These guys are gassed but we don’t have the depth in some spots.
The one drawback to this system is it’s run, run, run.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 05:04 PM

I disagree. That was on Omar. Sure Bono could of booted it long, but Omar definitely had other options besides that four foot pass.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 05:05 PM
JMR is not a midfielder - that was painful
He’s just 17. Clearly they have him on here because of the long term potential and the much hyped scouting report. Otherwise not much sign he can keep up.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 05:06 PM
Kemar Lawrence is a good CB

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:07 PM
Kemar Lawrence is a good CB
He’s been exceptional today. Gives away nothing.

MightyDM
disagree
Omar let the ball run past him to gain a step when he didn’t have the space, forced him to make a bad pass.

phw. Getting a call there.

At 3-1 that late in the game you don’t pass it up the middle just outside the penalty box to a player under pressure - sure Omar could have done better but Bono shouldn’t have put him in that position is my point. And, phew on the offside

OgtheDim
Soteldo for Mullins

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:08 PM
At 3-1 that late in the game you don’t pass it up the middle just outside the penalty box to a player under pressure - sure Omar could have done better but Bono shouldn’t have put him in that position is my point. And, phew on the offside

true enough, unnecessary risk when he could’ve hammered it clear.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 05:09 PM
Consider this game locked down. Mullinho on.

MightyDM
I disagree. That was on Omar. Sure Bono could of booted it long, but Omar definitely had other options besides that four foot pass.

See my argument above. You don’t put the player in that position in the first place.

SoccMan2
Bradley how many balls has he given this half? Take him off !

Bushmancan
The one drawback to this system is it’s run, run, run.

Maybe if we didn’t initially destroy our players in training, it might be a good thing to go right at it.

MightyDM
Consider this game locked down. Mullinho on.

Woo hoo

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 05:10 PM
Several fun games to watch in a row. Maybe should go live….

MightyDM
10-03-2021, 05:12 PM
Also jloome it will be interesting to see if you are right about the Piatti loss being an excuse to fire Curtis. I find the obsession with him (Piatti) baffling. Unless it is something to do with Poz being unhappy.

ag futbol
10-03-2021, 05:13 PM
Really, really good game by the team. I know it’s Chicago and a meaningless fixture but gold star for Perez with this one.

MikeForbes
10-03-2021, 05:13 PM
See my argument above. You don’t put the player in that position in the first place.

Probably a little blame for everyone. All kind of irrelevant now after another big win!

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Another good performance.,

heartbreaking it didn’t come a month earlier but possibly that gets us a competent roster builder. It’s better than having a first draft pick if we can get a Gm who knows what he’s doing.

benito
10-03-2021, 05:14 PM
Very good second half. We’ve seen a lot of improvements in the last few games. Keep up the good work boys!

portu
10-03-2021, 05:15 PM
Another good performance.,

heartbreaking it didn’t come a month earlier but possibly that gets us a competent roster builder. It’s better than having a first draft pick if we can get a Gm who knows what he’s doing.
Is the draft even decent this year? There's always 1 or 2 sleepers in this thing even though most write it off. Achara was a late first round pick.

MightyDM
Probably a little blame for everyone. All kind of irrelevant now after another big win!

Agreed!

jloome
Also jloome it will be interesting to see if you are right about the Piatti loss being an excuse to fire Curtis. I find the obsession with him baffling. Unless it is something to do with Poz being unhappy.

nah, reeks of a decision he can definitely Demonstrate was Curtis’ alone. Thus an easy sell to the board a year after Contract renewal.

he doesn’t want to wear it for keeping a buddy on. If it’s all Curtis/COVIDs fault he can skate on.

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:26 PM
The linked article is from august. They had over 17k in attendance last night.

The Linked article was dated September 20.

And I can't find their attendance from last night anywhere, but their attendance is capped at 13,000, unless that changed this week.

jloome
10-03-2021, 05:27 PM
I wonder what the deal with Poz was today; was that a genuine "he's almost back!" or a "we don't want to look like we're shopping or releasing him" appearance.

Prof
10-03-2021, 05:37 PM

No it was not as bad in 2012. This is what is so disappointing as a supporter. You don't make up excuses for not going to support your team. You are there when they're winning and when the they're struggling. Support our team or we will lose them.:drinking:

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 05:40 PM
My dog is
https://twitter.com/OgtheDim/status/1444791033645223940?s=19

leedsandTFC
10-03-2021, 06:33 PM
soteldo has 10 goals and 3 assists.

into top 5 in MLS for assists.

OgtheDim
10-03-2021, 07:46 PM
Minor thoughts post game now home

Soteldo & Shaff lauging & smiling at each other when things came off or almost came off - they are both enjoying their football

The teams' palpable relief for Soteldo when he scored that goal was huge

Bradley's passing game has gone from "he does so many so well" to "he gets a few in a game that are great but my gawd some times"

Getting in with the vaccine check was quick & easy at gate 1 half hour before the game - putting the ticket check at the gates themselves makes more sense.

Crowd was into it - kay, not a huge group but everybody there was engaged in the game. Right now, that's enough.

I think I saw Lawrence doing the marshalling at the back - we might have found our back line marshal.

Oso is just soooo darn good & nobody notices until he pops up & does a pass like the one for that goal.

Richie looks tired BUT he's getting better defensively.

I missed my seat - first time in it since pre-covid. Looking around at half time at the field, the stadium, the DVP to the north, the Island, the City & then thinking about EVERY EFFIN thing that has gone on the last 19 months. All the death, all the fear, all the efforts to keep me & my coworkers & my family safe, all the changes, all the anger, all the relief, just all that. That was what I was waiting to get back to - just to go to a game & sit in my seat & enjoy the whole event of it all again.

Through covid there were 2 things I wanted to get back to - seeing my Mom at her place again which I did in August - & getting back to my seat for a game. It was a relief. Can't go to anymore then 1 the rest of the way for various reasons but...today...today that felt right.

SirBobSaget
10-03-2021, 08:23 PM
The Linked article was dated September 20.

And I can't find their attendance from last night anywhere, but their attendance is capped at 13,000, unless that changed this week.
I messed up, was looking at the summary for a game that took place in 2019.

Canary10
10-04-2021, 08:13 AM
Minor thoughts post game now home

Soteldo & Shaff lauging & smiling at each other when things came off or almost came off - they are both enjoying their football

The teams' palpable relief for Soteldo when he scored that goal was huge

Bradley's passing game has gone from "he does so many so well" to "he gets a few in a game that are great but my gawd some times"

Getting in with the vaccine check was quick & easy at gate 1 half hour before the game - putting the ticket check at the gates themselves makes more sense.

Crowd was into it - kay, not a huge group but everybody there was engaged in the game. Right now, that's enough.

I think I saw Lawrence doing the marshalling at the back - we might have found our back line marshal.

Oso is just soooo darn good & nobody notices until he pops up & does a pass like the one for that goal.

Richie looks tired BUT he's getting better defensively.

I missed my seat - first time in it since pre-covid. Looking around at half time at the field, the stadium, the DVP to the north, the Island, the City & then thinking about EVERY EFFIN thing that has gone on the last 19 months. All the death, all the fear, all the efforts to keep me & my coworkers & my family safe, all the changes, all the anger, all the relief, just all that. That was what I was waiting to get back to - just to go to a game & sit in my seat & enjoy the whole event of it all again.

Through covid there were 2 things I wanted to get back to - seeing my Mom at her place again which I did in August - & getting back to my seat for a game. It was a relief. Can't go to anymore then 1 the rest of the way for various reasons but...today...today that felt right.

That ball to release Soteldo was perfection. Not to focus on the end product because, as you say, he does a lot right outside of that stuff. But geezuz, that was a hell of a ball.

jabbronies
10-04-2021, 08:19 AM

If Priso was healthy, I 100% believe that Bradley wouldn't be playing as much as he has. He's into his final years now, he should be used the way we used Cheyrou. But unfortunately circumstances are what they are and he's being asked to do more than he really should.

NOOOOOOO. He's not a CB - yes he can do it, but's only because of how good of a LB he is. We haven't found our CB Marshall.

Canary10
10-04-2021, 08:20 AM
No it was not as bad in 2012. This is what is so disappointing as a supporter. You don't make up excuses for not going to support your team. You are there when they're winning and when the they're struggling. Support our team or we will lose them.:drinking:

In my case I'm just not willing to risk my two young kids aged 2 and 6 getting Covid to go to games that are meaningless at this point. I'd like to, but not worth a risk even with the vax requirement at BMO (which is a welcome step). If it was only about the team struggling I would go for sure. I've decided to go to the Canada-Panama qualifying game as one my game to attend in person this year.

jabbronies
10-04-2021, 08:43 AM

People are forgetting that in past years SSH had already paid for every ticket. So attendance was good because people didn't want to waste the money they already spent.
This year it's a totally different story.

People are being asked to spend money on meaningless games and asked to do it during COVID. There are more people than you think with family's / kids that are not willing to risk getting covid and passing it on to a family member to watch a team that's been shit all year.

On the flip side, people can squawk all they want about true support and all that BS - but I've learned early that the way you send a message to the club that this isn't an acceptable way to manage the club is to do it with your money. Filling the stadium is the wrong message to send. It creates complacency. They think it's ok to build a team that will fall on it's face every 2 years and the money (and joy) will keep coming in.

I, for one, am glad that we didn't have SSH tickets this year. I don't want Curtis and Co to think that because in NY it was ok to see this kind of apathy for the club from time to time, that it's ok to experience it here as well. This shouldn't be seen as something that can happen from time to time. This is a result of poor planning.

I also don't want these young kids thinking they will get praised even when they are playing like shit. They have to earn it, and we are seeing them do that.
So hopefully, when the 2022 season starts and we all have our Season tickets in hand, Curtis has dealt with the roster the way he should've done last off-season; the kids know they have to work to be loved; and Javier has a plan to ensure we are back in the hunt -not for playoffs - but for top 5 status.

Canary10
10-04-2021, 09:44 AM
People are forgetting that in past years SSH had already paid for every ticket. So attendance was good because people didn't want to waste the money they already spent.
This year it's a totally different story.

People are being asked to spend money on meaningless games and asked to do it during COVID. There are more people than you think with family's / kids that are not willing to risk getting covid and passing it on to a family member to watch a team that's been shit all year.

On the flip side, people can squawk all they want about true support and all that BS - but I've learned early that the way you send a message to the club that this isn't an acceptable way to manage the club is to do it with your money. Filling the stadium is the wrong message to send. It creates complacency. They think it's ok to build a team that will fall on it's face every 2 years and the money (and joy) will keep coming in.

I, for one, am glad that we didn't have SSH tickets this year. I don't want Curtis and Co to think that because in NY it was ok to see this kind of apathy for the club from time to time, that it's ok to experience it here as well. This shouldn't be seen as something that can happen from time to time. This is a result of poor planning.

I also don't want these young kids thinking they will get praised even when they are playing like shit. They have to earn it, and we are seeing them do that.
So hopefully, when the 2022 season starts and we all have our Season tickets in hand, Curtis has dealt with the roster the way he should've done last off-season; the kids know they have to work to be loved; and Javier has a plan to ensure we are back in the hunt -not for playoffs - but for top 5 status.

These are all good points. If I had already paid for the tickets my calculation would be a bit different.

MightyDM
10-04-2021, 12:46 PM
These are all good points. If I had already paid for the tickets my calculation would be a bit different.

Yes me too. But it’s just not worth the risk to my family (elderly relatives) at the moment if I get COVID and it’s transmissible despite being vaccinated. If it was a cup run I would likely go but not see them. But it isn’t.

ag futbol
10-04-2021, 01:22 PM

Yep, to each their own but I share your philosophy here.

You could see with Anselmi they were willing to keep him around forever until the gate dried up. I’m not going to be a party to propping up someone who is consistently providing a terrible product and not taking steps to make it better.

rydermike
10-04-2021, 07:37 PM
Chicago Fire rebranded their logo today. So clearly we broke them and saved MLS from that travesty of a logo.

(I did see the logo leak a couple months ago of the logo they unveiled today, but I prefer the we broke them angle)

Ultra & Proud
10-05-2021, 11:42 AM
Chicago Fire rebranded their logo today. So clearly we broke them and saved MLS from that travesty of a logo.

(I did see the logo leak a couple months ago of the logo they unveiled today, but I prefer the we broke them angle)
They broke themselves the day they got some employee's kid to make them a new logo with MS Paint.