PDA

View Full Version : 2021 SSH - tickets now in account

nfitz
09-28-2021, 01:02 PM
<sarcasm>You'll all be thrilled to know that the tickets for the last 4 TFC games of the season are now in your account - looks like the regular seats</sarcasm>

Not sure why they haven't told us that - I just noticed now as I was transferring my ticket to my phone.

OgtheDim
09-28-2021, 01:27 PM
Hard to tell everybody they have to use tickets or forfeit the $ for them when the stadium can't go to full capacity.

nfitz
09-28-2021, 01:33 PM
Now that they've upped the limit from 15,000 to 22,500, I think that's enough for all SSH. That's higher than any number I've heard.

Smokecell
09-28-2021, 01:53 PM
I wonder if it'll be opt out going forward rather than opt in? I think they said there will be no obligation to attend matches in 2021, so this could go horribly wrong for them if the tickets are forced all of a sudden.

Joe Kool
09-28-2021, 01:55 PM
They are not selling tickets so they need to cash in on the SSH credits. From a business point of view I can see why they would do that. From a customer satisfaction point of view not the best move.

Smokecell
09-28-2021, 02:04 PM
Not sure why but I can't access my invoices to check whether or not funds were decremented from my credit.

benito
09-28-2021, 02:16 PM
Not sure why but I can't access my invoices to check whether or not funds were decremented from my credit.

I am having the same issue too. I can't access any old invoices.

Forcing the tickets this year seems like a bad move by the organization and will alienate many fans. Also, from memory I think my seats are priced higher than normal.

vince93
09-28-2021, 02:32 PM
Has anyone call TFC ticket rep?

Red CB Toronto
09-28-2021, 02:34 PM
Looking at my account manager you can’t do anything with them yet, there are no barcodes. You can’t actually view them, transfer etc. Likely get an email with some sort of invoice, MLSE has already said no one is obligated to buy anything in 2021 unlike what they did with season ticket holders in Montreal once the L’mpact returned to town.

Red CB Toronto
09-28-2021, 02:35 PM
Has anyone call TFC ticket rep?

They are only place holders at this point, more info to come I am sure.

glaze
09-28-2021, 02:41 PM
Well, if someone is unvaxxed there is an immediate problem, as they cant get in the stadium, but are forced to pay for seats.
I can see MLSE spinning this, that its great to be welcoming back all SSH. But if it is forced, it'll be worse than the ransom pack days.
I have zero interest paying for this season. I'm sure I'm not alone.

Smokecell
09-28-2021, 03:04 PM
While we're on the topic of membership - was anybody able to redeem the account credit "gift card" on beer? I keep forgetting I have it.

nfitz
09-28-2021, 03:14 PM
Neil Davidson says 21,000 limited at BMO (https://www.kelownadailycourier.ca/sports/national_sports/article_74945166-cd14-5a63-9582-ab0dd34252b8.html). Perhaps capacity currently at BMO is 28,000.

Well, if someone is unvaxxed there is an immediate problem, as they cant get in the stadium, but are forced to pay for seats.If only there was a solution for them to not be unvaxxed. :)

Yeah, perhaps placeholders. Opt-out might be better for them than upsetting everyone for just four games income.

Red CB Toronto
09-28-2021, 03:19 PM
While we're on the topic of membership - was anybody able to redeem the account credit "gift card" on beer? I keep forgetting I have it.

I used it at the York game on one of the grey kits that are currently 75% off. Cost me $42 of the $76 that my credit was for

nfitz
09-28-2021, 03:19 PM
While we're on the topic of membership - was anybody able to redeem the account credit "gift card" on beer? I keep forgetting I have it.It's not clear what the rules are. I couldn't buy a sausage with it at the vendor. And others have told me you can't get beer.

But at the full-size food places, I had no problems using it for beer and pizza.

Cas87
09-28-2021, 03:25 PM
I used it at the York game on one of the grey kits that are currently 75% off. Cost me $42 of the $76 that my credit was for

Over the last few games I have been to you can redeem for anything: Beer, Food, Merchandise (I have done all three in some way).
Just tell the person at the kiosk that you have it as they need to see the barcode number on your phone to enter it in the till and you're good to go (good ol' MLSE has scanners are the kiosks but they don't read your phone).
The only thing I will say as an asterisk is it all depends on the person at the till -- because just like the security people with approved bags and such -- everyone has been told different things.

and Jumping on what Red CB said - the tickets in the account now are placeholders like he said - I am sure there will be in opt in/out email coming after the Chicago game on Sunday during the international break.

About the invoices -- at the very beginning on TFC coming home I called my rep and they explained that with the way they were doing things with using your SSH credit on upcoming games if you so choose, the entire system (including what credit you have left) will be calculated AFTER the season is done so that you will see an accurate picture on what you owe for next season (whenever they activate the renewal portal again).

jabbronies
09-28-2021, 04:41 PM
maybe they are free?

A gesture from TFC for the shit season and a way to get butts in the seat?

Let's be real, no one is buying tickets to the last 4 matches. At least with butts in the seats, you might get concessions out of it

synkronized1
09-28-2021, 05:28 PM
Yes. They better be a placeholder. There wasn’t supposed to be any obligation to buy tickets this year.

OgtheDim
09-28-2021, 06:18 PM
I suspect they are also moving to send out an email soon about October games - Thanksgiving knocks out quite a bit of available communication time before that first game.

wopchop
09-28-2021, 08:48 PM
I don't see anything. No invoices. No tickets. Nothing.

Bushmancan
09-28-2021, 10:40 PM
Think I can buy a Canada Scarf with my TFC credit. LOL. #firecurtis

CorrwgBach
09-29-2021, 07:37 AM
Those "ghost tickets" have now disappeared. I have been able to use the "gift" card. Used it to buy beer and strange food items, such as blue cheese corn dog, best worst thing I've eaten for a while.

nfitz
09-29-2021, 10:50 AM
Those "ghost tickets" have now disappeared.Perhaps they are reading this thread! :)

Auzzy
09-29-2021, 10:52 AM
Perhaps they are reading this thread! :)

The ghost tickets are sentient.

Ponderosa
09-29-2021, 01:03 PM
Does anyone know if the SSH credit can be used at BMO on match days other than TFC game days (ie. CMNT v Panama)?

glaze
10-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Well, there's the answer to the placeholder tix.
So, you can buy all the remaining games, 2 of which are wednesdays, and 1 Sunday afternoon. The 1 kit is a nice touch, but will cause drama in my group as who of the 4 of us gets it? While making the rest of the season free wouldnt have made sense, maybe the CCL game, and the final game, would have.

flambe
10-01-2021, 10:31 AM
Anyone get the 5 game package email? Do you know if it’s a free shirt per seat or just one per package?

edit: nevermind, just re-read the email, one per account.

seems strange considering i have four season seats and will get the same benefit as someone with one.
meh, shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth i suppose.

nfitz
10-01-2021, 10:54 AM
Opt-in for all or nothing surprises me. I was planning on taking at least one ticket for most of the games, and two for a couple, with an extra pair for one.

Now I think they get even less sales from me.

Red CB Toronto
10-01-2021, 10:55 AM
Well, there's the answer to the placeholder tix.
So, you can buy all the remaining games, 2 of which are wednesdays, and 1 Sunday afternoon. The 1 kit is a nice touch, but will cause drama in my group as who of the 4 of us gets it? While making the rest of the season free wouldnt have made sense, maybe the CCL game, and the final game, would have.

I have a brand new Unity kit I just got, using my credit that I got for leaving my money in my account. I am also not even sure I will be able to go to all five remaining games. So I will be doing it game by game for the rest of 2021.

OgtheDim
10-01-2021, 11:07 AM
3 things

a) Its your actual seats (at least it is my case)

b) Substantial discount on those seats compared to normal pricing - like 2/3 of normal price

c) I only want to go to 1 game out of those 5 BUT it won't let me pick that one game only yet.

I am going to assume this is a deal for now until Monday & then I will have the chance to get my seat after that for the one game left I want to go to. IF that ticket for 1 game is not available, I'm gonna be pissed but I'm not going to make that assumption yet.

Primavera
10-01-2021, 11:32 AM
"b) Substantial discount on those seats compared to normal pricing - like 2/3 of normal price"

Is it? I'm being charged the same per game price ($23) per seat in 111 as a buddy in 225. Pretty sure those are normally difference price points.

3 things

a) Its your actual seats (at least it is my case)

b) Substantial discount on those seats compared to normal pricing - like 2/3 of normal price

c) I only want to go to 1 game out of those 5 BUT it won't let me pick that one game only yet.

I am going to assume this is a deal for now until Monday & then I will have the chance to get my seat after that for the one game left I want to go to. IF that ticket for 1 game is not available, I'm gonna be pissed but I'm not going to make that assumption yet.

JonO
10-01-2021, 11:59 AM
They expect me to pay $152 for two seats to the Canadian Championship Series game? No thanks. I can buy a jersey for that...

Canary10
10-01-2021, 01:30 PM
Anyone else get this email?

As a Toronto FC Member, you now have access to your Membership seat location for the remainder of the season! This includes the final four MLS home matches along with the Canadian Championship Semi-Final.

And to mark the occasion of you re-uniting with fellow Members in your section, by opting in to the 5-game package, you'll receive a *FREE Toronto FC Unity Kit!As a Toronto FC Member, you now have access to your Membership seat location for the remainder of the season! This includes the final four MLS home matches along with the Canadian Championship Semi-Final.

And to mark the occasion of you re-uniting with fellow Members in your section, by opting in to the 5-game package, you'll receive a *FREE Toronto FC Unity Kit!

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/QZBsU_fqyDBOiEUch2h-Z7fYxZ_yTPCBpRs4SEsyMyhizaZGVQMpWmp1c00OoeSxbWMPEV rTPqJW26rQlL_JfVG5=s0-d-e1-ft#https://marketingcloud-cdn.mlse.com/Spacer1.png

https://ci3.googleusercontent.com/proxy/QZBsU_fqyDBOiEUch2h-Z7fYxZ_yTPCBpRs4SEsyMyhizaZGVQMpWmp1c00OoeSxbWMPEV rTPqJW26rQlL_JfVG5=s0-d-e1-ft#https://marketingcloud-cdn.mlse.com/Spacer1.png

Red CB Toronto
10-01-2021, 03:08 PM
I have a south end pair, and only needed one ticket for the rest of the season so called TFC and they were more than happy to take one of the tickets out of my account and charged me the $85 using some of my credit I had to cover it.

Anyone else get this email?

As a Toronto FC Member, you now have access to your Membership seat location for the remainder of the season! This includes the final four MLS home matches along with the Canadian Championship Semi-Final.

And to mark the occasion of you re-uniting with fellow Members in your section, by opting in to the 5-game package, you'll receive a *FREE Toronto FC Unity Kit!As a Toronto FC Member, you now have access to your Membership seat location for the remainder of the season! This includes the final four MLS home matches along with the Canadian Championship Semi-Final.

And to mark the occasion of you re-uniting with fellow Members in your section, by opting in to the 5-game package, you'll receive a *FREE Toronto FC Unity Kit!

Canary10
10-01-2021, 03:18 PM
I have a south end pair, and only needed one ticket for the rest of the season so called TFC and they were more than happy to take one of the tickets out of my account and charged me the $85 using some of my credit I had to cover it.

I don't have any money with them at the moment. I asked for a refund on my season tickets when we were given the opportunity. Seems like they're trying to sweeten buying my seats for the rest of the season by offering a free TFC away kit.

nfitz
10-01-2021, 05:49 PM
Is it? I'm being charged the same per game price ($23) per seat in 111 as a buddy in 225. Pretty sure those are normally difference price points.Ditto - same price we've been paying all season - which is annual price divided by 19 (or is it 20?)

Though I'm not sure if everyone has been paying "Year 1 pricing" all season or not, as both my tickets are $17, but I was paying a lot more for the second for years, as I'd got it more recently.

DOMIN8R
10-03-2021, 08:42 AM
As ensco mentioned to me recently, TFC have a ticket pricing problem. I would go to the remaining games. Just not at those prices. Sorry. They are going to need some pretty big changes/signings to fill BMO at existing ticket prices, to get STHs to come back in 2022 - me thinks.

reggie
10-03-2021, 10:27 AM
As ensco mentioned to me recently, TFC have a ticket pricing problem. I would go to the remaining games. Just not at those prices. Sorry. They are going to need some pretty big changes/signings to fill BMO at existing ticket prices, to get STHs to come back in 2022 - me thinks.
21 and 23 are not that bad,ive been going to games this season really disappointed with the lack of fans in the so called supporters sections

OgtheDim
10-04-2021, 11:00 AM
Reminder email out today saying "Secure your seats"

Vaguely concerned they are going to open up the rest tomorrow to the hordes of people who.....oh wait.

glaze
10-04-2021, 02:08 PM
I'm a bit concerned the crowds may be an issue next season. I truly hope this season was a combination of covid, and a poor product. But, in terms of the timeline it was 2 years lost. What are the demographics of TFC fans? Or of Supporters? 112 is much different than it was 10 years ago when I first started attending.
The marketing budget for TFC and the Argos seems to be slim. We'll get our first idea during relocation/renewals, but next year a big portion of TFC ssh may realize they have different priorities.

jabbronies
10-04-2021, 02:56 PM
I'm a bit concerned the crowds may be an issue next season. I truly hope this season was a combination of covid, and a poor product. But, in terms of the timeline it was 2 years lost. What are the demographics of TFC fans? Or of Supporters? 112 is much different than it was 10 years ago when I first started attending.
The marketing budget for TFC and the Argos seems to be slim. We'll get our first idea during relocation/renewals, but next year a big portion of TFC ssh may realize they have different priorities.

I don't think next season will be an issue as long as covid isn't an issue.

If covid is a non-issue - then we will all have our Season seats again; I see youth teams coming back in groups; I see some fairweathers coming back and I see the minimum attendance being 19K.

If we are rolling on a good pace - I see us getting back to our 25K average by June / July

Again - this assumes covid isn't a thing.

Joe Kool
10-04-2021, 03:11 PM
All this talk about membership made me go look at the Account Manager again. I am pretty sure the credit we got for keeping our money with TFC used to be posted but I can't find it now. Am I just lost? Or did they take it down? The info I saw in the last email about email rewards is below. I followed the steps but just see a picture of a card and nothing else. Anyone else have that too?

HOW TO ACCES YOUR MEMBERSHIP REWARDS CARD

https://marketingcloud-cdn.mlse.com/Spacer1.png

1. Open or download the Toronto FC app.
2. Navigate to the [Stadium] icon
3. Select [My Tickets] and log in to your TFC account
4. Once logged in, you will see [Membership Central] appear under [Stadium]
5. Select [Membership Central] to access your card!

Edit- I had to log out and log back in and now it shows up...

OgtheDim
10-04-2021, 05:01 PM
I have the strong feeling that Covid will only be considered an issue when among people who may not be vaccinated - transit etc. The rest of us will be wearing masks in public for a long time but covid vaccine mandates for workplaces are increaing every week.

As for BMO, after seeing the screening yesterday, I felt safe.

Crowds will be coming back, especially if they say "Look people, you know what's involved know, pay for those seats for all these games", which I think will be happening & reasonable if things continue in Ontario as they have ben.

tfcfans
10-06-2021, 10:43 AM
On a separate note -- does anyone know if any of the "premium areas" - West Club, BMO Club or Tunnel Club - are open (or will be open with increased capacity coming up) to the public yet? I tried emailing the powers that be, but as of now, no response.....thought maybe I would treat someone to that experience while the demand is low....

Even better, if I act now, I can buy my seats in row 9 at the same price as ones that are better than mine (in rows 1-8) through the STM presale, and my big incentive is a jersey that they will be cutting the prices on exponentially (I saw the Unity kit for less than $40 at Real Sports yesterday when I went to the Leafs game - it will be at SVP for that amount or less in a year or two) -- so if you buy 5 games including two weeknights in late October and early November (always big sellers!), you can get a $40 shirt? I can imagine the stampede of people who took them up on this "offer".....yikes.....

I will stick around until the relocation in the hopes that maybe enough people will abandon their seats and I can move down into the lower rows in my section (which I like) - but my 2020 money, which they are still holding (yes, that was my choice) might be my last year keeping my seats if I don't see a marked improvement in the management of this team and roster construction. Never mind that $20-$23 a seat is the maximum amount this team is worth paying for next year to me (assuming there are improvements made)-- This year they were worth every penny of the $0 I spent on ST.....:rolleyes:

Bushmancan
10-06-2021, 11:22 AM
I will stick around until the relocation in the hopes that maybe enough people will abandon their seats and I can move down into the lower rows in my section (which I like) - but my 2020 money, which they are still holding (yes, that was my choice) might be my last year keeping my seats if I don't see a marked improvement in the management of this team and roster construction. Never mind that $20-$23 a seat is the maximum amount this team is worth paying for next year to me (assuming there are improvements made)-- This year they were worth every penny of the $0 I spent on ST.....:rolleyes:

Did the same thing, got 4 seats to the Canadian Championships. Will look for relocation next year as well.

tfcfans
10-06-2021, 02:57 PM
FYI - for those that care; the response I received was that the “Clubs” are open to those who pay fees for the year to access them but simply buying seats in those sections (like in Section 123 for example), will not give you access to those areas at this point.

nfitz
10-06-2021, 06:59 PM
Individual tickets for SSH the last 5 games are now on sale since this morning - I'm not sure why there's been radio silence from TFC about this. Usual $17 price in the south end.

The catch is you have to find your email from September 8, with the " Your Member Exclusive Ticket Presale Starts Today!" subject line - and the use the link in there.

Gringo Starr
10-07-2021, 06:47 AM
There was a single match email that went out on Oct 6th from TFC, from the availability map it doesn’t look like the Unity kit was a big draw

OgtheDim
10-07-2021, 03:51 PM
There was a single match email that went out on Oct 6th from TFC, from the availability map it doesn’t look like the Unity kit was a big draw

Hmm...didn't get that.

nfitz
10-07-2021, 07:00 PM
Hmm...didn't get that.Nor did I - but I got two about the 5-game + shirt package.

But I've heard some got the email.

Auzzy
10-07-2021, 07:59 PM
I got the member presale ticket email.

I wonder if it's for people that are "members" but not current SSH? (I used to have my own season tickets in the past, but now share with some else.)

nfitz
10-08-2021, 02:23 PM
I got the member presale ticket email.

I wonder if it's for people that are "members" but not current SSH? (I used to have my own season tickets in the past, but now share with some else.)No, I'm a SSH, and received the other two emails for SSH in the last week.

samuraizero
10-20-2021, 06:37 PM
I want to get some tickets for this saturdays game, but I dont seem able to?
My account doesnt show my current credit balance, doesnt show any tickets, I can't sign in on the app, etc.

Anyone else having issues?

mcconnia
10-21-2021, 12:50 PM
My account doesnt show my current credit balance, doesnt show any tickets, I can't sign in on the app, etc.

Anyone else having issues?

I was half way to BMO when I checked my phone. TFC App continually said try again later. Gave up and went home. Much later I deleted the APP and re-installed and eventually it worked. I complained on Monday but got no reply. A neighbor has Leafs seasons and had issues with the first few games. Could not get anyone on the phone to help and their new system did not help either.

Renewal must be soon. I doubt I will. Day one supporter but really not feeling the love.

Cuppy
10-21-2021, 07:49 PM
Individual tickets for SSH the last 5 games are now on sale since this morning - I'm not sure why there's been radio silence from TFC about this. Usual $17 price in the south end.

The catch is you have to find your email from September 8, with the " Your Member Exclusive Ticket Presale Starts Today!" subject line - and the use the link in there.
Thanks for the insight as I was having issues purchasing single seats with all the different links. Reading this I was able to find the email for purchasing singles . Cheers

nfitz
10-22-2021, 11:18 AM
My account doesnt show my current credit balance, doesnt show any tickets, I can't sign in on the app, etc.Clicking on the link on the September 6 email still works for me (subject - Your Member Exclusive Ticket Presale Starts Today!)

It's the only way I've seen to get in (though many got a similar email in October).

SuperTCP
10-26-2021, 09:42 AM
Did anyone receive their free unity kit from the 5 game package yet?

Auzzy
10-26-2021, 12:35 PM
I heard there was some kind of discount or credit for purchases made at BMO Field. Is that for season ticket holders who have kept their 2020 money on account? Can anyone tell me the details about that? Thanks!

Cas87
10-26-2021, 02:24 PM
I heard there was some kind of discount or credit for purchases made at BMO Field. Is that for season ticket holders who have kept their 2020 money on account? Can anyone tell me the details about that? Thanks!

Its through the TFC app

Once you open up the app, click on the 'Stadium' link

Once in the Stadium area on the app you'll see 'Membership Central' - click

Once this page loads it'll have your Membership card and list the 10% Credit that was given to SSH who kept their money on file with TFC.

*If it doesn't show up right away you may need to update your App*

CorrwgBach
10-26-2021, 03:28 PM
Did anyone receive their free unity kit from the 5 game package yet?

No not yet, but its been about a week only since the size request, was also able to whittle it down to a 3 game package.