PDA

View Full Version : Use Your Voice

Loyal
08-21-2021, 09:55 PM
It is obvious to anyone watching versus Miami tonight - that not only do the players know they have no chance of catching a playoff spot - but more than a few have quit

This team needs a complete over haul - younger and faster with some veteran leadership in the back line

Is Ali Curtis the man you want going forward in this crucial time?

Use your voice to TFC - Let them know you are undecided about renewal for next year if a change is not made

Tweet TCC at.... @TorontoFC

Red CB Toronto
08-21-2021, 10:05 PM
It is obvious to anyone watching versus Miami tonight - that not only do the players know they have no chance of catching a playoff spot - but more than a few have quit

This team needs a complete over haul - younger and faster with some veteran leadership in the back line

Is Ali Curtis the man you want going forward in this crucial time?

Use your voice to TFC - Let them know you are undecided about renewal for next year if a change is not made

Tweet TCC at.... @TorontoFC

Certainly agree, some of this team certainly has checked out. The York match, the first ever true Toronto derby will be telling. No doubt Jim, in his return to BMO Field. will have his boy motivated for it. Now will Javier, thats a big question that needs to be answered?

jloome
08-21-2021, 11:12 PM
We’re the Skalbania Allouettes, all burned out formerly hungry players who think they’re better than the league they play in.

stevep
08-23-2021, 12:47 PM
My voice is this
This is a sad year for TFC
Like you said the players have stopped trying
If the players don’t care anymore why should I care?

Ultra & Proud
08-23-2021, 02:56 PM
At this point there's no way they'll do any changes until the off season and even if they did, it would still be a mess. It's better to just let it all burn to the ground and start from scratch from the top down.

Just polish up that wooden spoon for us and make Curtis accept it on one of those TFC fluff piece Tweets they push out that no one wants to see while we're garbage.

levyashin
08-23-2021, 06:58 PM
Curtis must go number one priority.
Top class GM replacement step two.
Let go of ALL of the deadwood leaving a nucleus of 6/7 first team players.
Real talent is needed now in MLS not has beens and never wases.
The coaching at the Academy level has to be improved 100%.
Also a top coach is needed to take us back to ‘17 level.
If non of this is done we are mediocre for the duration.

Blindside16
08-24-2021, 01:53 AM
In a perfect world both Manning and Curtis are gone at the end of the year. I feel sorry for Perez in one way because he was put in a difficult spot taking over the team from Armas, however he has made some choices that have just boggled my mind and his resistance to consistently make subs is frustrating.

In my opinion those that should remain with the team going forward are split into 2 groups, 1 being the more veteran core and the 2nd being the kids. For the veteran core the only players that I am willing to bring back at the moment are Akinola, Laryea, Lawrence, Mavinga, Osorio, Pozuelo, Soteldo. I did not include Bono or Westberg because I feel we should keep 1, but I will let you pick your poison there. As for the kids I would hang onto Priso, Marshall-Ruttty, Nelson, Okello, Perruzza Romeo and Shaffelburg. Priso is a lock for a starting spot next season and as for the rest I need to see more before I make up my mind.

Jozy, he is and always will be a club legend but it is time to move on. Bradley should move to either a coaching role or into the academy. The rest I think we should move on from. As for the rest of this year, I am keeping whatever money I have and will watch the remaining games from home. If they cannot be bothered to show up for the game why should I. I love this team but I am not going to sit in the stands and be spoon fed this trash. I will save the 2 hour travel time and watch from afar.

Ultra & Proud
08-24-2021, 09:43 AM
Bradley should move to either a coaching role or into the academy.

I think what LAFC does with his Dad will determine a lot. I am expecting him to get the sack when they bomb out again and I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning hire him as GM or dual role to start with Michael as his assistant. He checks all the current FO's boxes (USMNT & MLS connections, probably at least an acquiantance, keep Bradley happy).

I'd rather not do this and go full scorched Earth and start over but this is something I could see happening.

Oldtimer
08-24-2021, 10:13 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't see Bob Bradley coming to Toronto. He's a west coast man. Vancouver, Seattle, maybe Portland. Not Toronto.

ag futbol
08-24-2021, 10:36 AM
I think what LAFC does with his Dad will determine a lot. I am expecting him to get the sack when they bomb out again and I wouldn't be surprised to see Manning hire him as GM or dual role to start with Michael as his assistant. He checks all the current FO's boxes (USMNT & MLS connections, probably at least an acquiantance, keep Bradley happy).

I'd rather not do this and go full scorched Earth and start over but this is something I could see happening.
Ooof, no thanks.

Bob’s not the worst coach I’ve ever seen but nothing about this is aspirational

Ultra & Proud
08-24-2021, 10:55 AM
I may be wrong, but I don't see Bob Bradley coming to Toronto. He's a west coast man. Vancouver, Seattle, maybe Portland. Not Toronto.
Was in the distant past but he put in time at DC, Chicago, & NY.

Areathrasher
08-24-2021, 12:17 PM
And he's from New Jersey and still has a home there.

Ultra & Proud
08-24-2021, 12:51 PM
I bet that if LAFC sacks Bob and Manning decides to keep Curtis as GM then Bradley will be offered the Manager and probably Technical Director positions. This is a right up their alley type of hire.

We can blame Manning for it now but we became very USMNT-centric since Lieweke arrived & Vanney became manager.

jabbronies
08-24-2021, 01:05 PM
The issues we have are a combination of things:

- Players aging out (This should never happen, solely a Curtis fault IMO)

- Players too complacent due to lack of competition for spots (Not enough talent coming up? no motivation from a proper manager?)

- Not having a proper manager (Perez is an assistant, not a manager - This is both a Manning and Curtis fault)

Areathrasher
08-24-2021, 02:16 PM
I bet that if LAFC sacks Bob and Manning decides to keep Curtis as GM then Bradley will be offered the Manager and probably Technical Director positions. This is a right up their alley type of hire.

We can blame Manning for it now but we became very USMNT-centric since Lieweke arrived & Vanney became manager.

If Curtis does go. I wouldnt mind taking a run at the Irish guy, Padraig Smith, running Colorado. Seems to be a shrewd roster builder.

Ultra & Proud
08-24-2021, 02:21 PM
- Players too complacent due to lack of competition for spots (Not enough talent coming up? no motivation from a proper manager?)

- Not having a proper manager (Perez is an assistant, not a manager - This is both a Manning and Curtis fault)
I think the complacency goes beyond that. Vanney didn't trust or use any of the young players so a vet could shit the bed all season like Zavaleta or VDW and still get a run out over a younger player. It changed a bit under Armas but it's back again under Perez. All signs point to needing new leadership off the pitch and on it.

jabbronies
08-24-2021, 03:41 PM
I think the complacency goes beyond that. Vanney didn't trust or use any of the young players so a vet could shit the bed all season like Zavaleta or VDW and still get a run out over a younger player. It changed a bit under Armas but it's back again under Perez. All signs point to needing new leadership off the pitch and on it.

I don't know - Perez was quick to drop Bradley and Jozy. I bet if he had the players, he'd drop others as well.
With that being said - he's not a manager. He's a caretaker. I hope he sticks with the club because he clearly has good ideas. But we need a proper manager.

As for Curtis - My issue with him is he's too slow. Needs to get things done quicker.

Manning - maybe I'm blind, but I wouldn't can him yet.

Ultra & Proud
08-25-2021, 09:56 AM
I don't know - Perez was quick to drop Bradley and Jozy. I bet if he had the players, he'd drop others as well.
With that being said - he's not a manager. He's a caretaker. I hope he sticks with the club because he clearly has good ideas. But we need a proper manager.

As for Curtis - My issue with him is he's too slow. Needs to get things done quicker.

Manning - maybe I'm blind, but I wouldn't can him yet.

Perez did drop Bradley & Jozy but generally he chooses vets over youth. For instance when our offense is stagnant and nobody is running, he often chooses DeLeon over Schaff. At this point I guarantee if we tossed out the youth squad like we did against Leon in CCL this spring we would compete better than we are now. We'd probably lose due to errors but at least we would compete.

Curtis is too slow and too absent to stick around. Things happen fast here and we're entering full rebuild mode and you can't have Snoozy Ali at the helm trying to run a rebuild in a single offseason. It would take him 5 years to swap out & replace the dead weight we have.

Manning is staying as he is a high up MLSE guy and his main errors were hiring/trusting his buddy Curtis to be GM and for being not as hands on as needed with Ali as GM. He needs a Lagerway type guy to run the show so he can go focus on the Argos and condos, etc.

jabbronies
08-25-2021, 10:51 AM
Perez did drop Bradley & Jozy but generally he chooses vets over youth. For instance when our offense is stagnant and nobody is running, he often chooses DeLeon over Schaff. At this point I guarantee if we tossed out the youth squad like we did against Leon in CCL this spring we would compete better than we are now. We'd probably lose due to errors but at least we would compete.

Ya I don't know what to say about that. I think he was trying to save the season, so that's why he was playing vets. We needed results. But now that it doesn't matter, we'll see what he does. I just wonder if in their eyes if they see that it's over, or are they going to "fight" til it's actually mathematically over.

Curtis is too slow and too absent to stick around. Things happen fast here and we're entering full rebuild mode and you can't have Snoozy Ali at the helm trying to run a rebuild in a single offseason. It would take him 5 years to swap out & replace the dead weight we have.

Ya he's too slow. I think he has the ability to identify good talent, I just don't think he can do it as fast as we need it to happen. Like I feel like this rebuild should take 1-2 seasons - but he would need 5.

Manning is staying as he is a high up MLSE guy and his main errors were hiring/trusting his buddy Curtis to be GM and for being not as hands on as needed with Ali as GM. He needs a Lagerway type guy to run the show so he can go focus on the Argos and condos, etc.

Curtis was the logical choice at the time - on paper he was basically Tim B Pt2 - So I don't blame him for taking that chance.

jloome
08-25-2021, 11:18 AM
Curtis was the logical choice at the time - on paper he was basically Tim B Pt2 - So I don't blame him for taking that chance.

Eh?! How do you square that circle, exactly? He'd been fired by the Red Bulls and couldn't get along with Jesse Marsch.

Bez was a league front-office star who knew the inner workings of the transfer system inside and out, and helped develop them.

There was no comparison between the two.

Bez was a former player, yeah, but was crocked by injury at the USL or A-league level. He went and got a law degree. He developed wide-ranging and effective league contacts.

Ali was ridiculed in NY for producing a 300-page "master plan" and, arguably, most of the successes when he was there were down to a youth system in which he was not invested in, and a coach who disagreed so vehemently with him that he was fired, because they wanted to keep the coach (who is now in the Bundesliga).

Where do you get that he has the ability to "identify good talent?" From us passing on Tajon and Dayne for Griffin Dorsey? From us signing Erickson Gallardo, a player not ready for USL? From our "Depth" signings of Zavs and Nick DeLeon, or giving $1.3 million to a crocked Gonzalez and paying more than a million for Kemar Lawrence?

His lack of judgement is staggering.

So on the surface, I guess I'm not seeing the comparison.

I also can't see why anyone would think Manning showing faith in two former A-League teammates with a collective history of flaming out in NY suggests he should keep his job. I suspect like most people here, I have little to no idea what his job even is, but if hiring those two was key to it.... yeah, not a ringing endorsement.

So far, we've had these guys for three years and they've taken us from the best team in the East to the worst team in the league. Meanwhile, the two guys they replaced, Bez and Vanney, have a title in Columbus and a winning team in LA, something multiple coaches failed at.

On the surface, it would seem prudent to clean house in our front office and start over.

MightyDM
08-25-2021, 02:15 PM
We were lucky to get Seba, smart to get Bradley, lucky and smart to get VV, and forced into the Jozy acquisition - all of which turned out brilliantly. Supported by key acquisitions like Drew Mooore, Beitashour , Morrow and the development of Marky and Oso. Somehow or other management assumed that, under different hands ie Manning that run would just continue. It hasn’t. Realistically, our roster choices since Seba left have been poor - and sometimes unlucky. The club won the lottery and thought it was bevause they were smarter and better organized. We weren’t. We are now starting over. With what? From a club development stand point, what do we have? Supporters. Money. Not much else. Little structure, not a great academy, not even a coach - jury is out on Perez (I like what I have seen) but a year ago we had Robin Fraser on the bench and before that Greg Vanney in the academy. They have acted like we could buy Success. Apparently, we cannot.

Ultra & Proud
08-25-2021, 02:30 PM
Where do you get that he has the ability to "identify good talent?" From us passing on Tajon and Dayne for Griffin Dorsey? From us signing Erickson Gallardo, a player not ready for USL? From our "Depth" signings of Zavs and Nick DeLeon, or giving $1.3 million to a crocked Gonzalez and paying more than a million for Kemar Lawrence?

His DP selections have been good so there's that and he did get Laryea for nothing and did a few good 'dead weight for allocation $$' deals too so he can make deals.

Gallardo was apprently scouted before Curtis was here and the due dilligence was done prior. No way Curtis could have pulled that off so quickly after taking the job with the Poz thing going too. So the bulk of that blame should go to Vanney and/or Bez.

Tajon and Dayne are no surprise as I said a few times earlier; we're the most USMNT and therefore US reliant (but not cheap) team in MLS. Of course Manning & Curtis would pass on Canadians for an American with GA status.

Gonzalez was good in 2019 but that's about it. I knew that was a bad move right when it happened but he is a former USMNT member and we know how that goes. DeLeon is fine and did a job while Zavaleta is trash, he is at least league minimum trash.

As for Lawrence, jury is out. I know his MLS credentials and I wanted us to get him before he went to Belgium but at the moment I can't see why he starts over Auro and that's not even Auro's good side. I figure that was an Armas influenced move.

IMO Curtis is okay at identifying good talent but he is too slow to be effective for a team that acquires players. I imagine we lost out on a lot of probably better targets as players got signed by other teams while he was in phase one of his 20 phase plan of due diligence.

MightyDM
08-26-2021, 06:53 AM
It doesn’t take skill to pick Lawrence and Gonzalez. Maybe a deal making skill but not a talent ID skill. Poz, both perhaps. But that’s really been it.

As I say above, we won the lottery and acted like it was investments that made us rich - now we see the truth.

Kamp Berg
08-26-2021, 01:45 PM
The team is on route to have its worse season ever. If that doesn’t bring a total overhaul, then what does?
Personally, I haven’t spent a single penny directly supporting the team this year, although I’ve watched every game and pay for journalism. So, unless there is massive change in the off-season, it doesn’t look like I will be next year either.

Slick
08-26-2021, 03:12 PM
It doesn’t take skill to pick Lawrence and Gonzalez. Maybe a deal making skill but not a talent ID skill. Poz, both perhaps. But that’s really been it.

As I say above, we won the lottery and acted like it was investments that made us rich - now we see the truth.

Pozuelo was actually identified long before Dumb and Dumber (Curtis and Manning) arrived at the club. He was actually on Bez's radar when they were scouting Giovinco.

Bushmancan
08-27-2021, 06:46 AM
I think they are banking on a decent run to the end of the season(weaker teams). Then blaming Covid, Florida, Injuries etc on why they didn’t make the playoffs (notice I didn’t say coaching) and saying they need a restart. it’s in the 200 page plan. It is a travesty and such damage to a great brand. The only reason I held my tickets was my perceived belief that we better get a shot at tickets in 2026 or i would have been gone. It will be so easy to get single game tickets moving forward. Only the faithful are left.

MightyDM
08-27-2021, 07:27 AM
The simple way to look at this is that Bill Manning took over a team that was arguably the best in league history, and five years later, after spending millions, it is the worst in the league, with a terribly unbalanced roster that cannot defend or score.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
08-27-2021, 08:12 AM
And Bill bizarrely is the President of the Argos as well. If that’s a winning formula why not consolidate the role of President for the Raps and Leafs?

Bill needs to be relieved of his duties at TFC. Go be a full time President of the Argos or just remove him completely. Let him go to the next MLS club on the verge of winning silverware and let him slowly implode the organization by bringing in his incompetent buddies.

jabbronies
08-27-2021, 08:27 AM
I don't understand the hate on for Bill Manning - people make it seem like he's done shit all since arriving.

OgtheDim
08-27-2021, 08:29 AM
The simple way to look at this is that Bill Manning took over a team that was arguably the best in league history, and five years later, after spending millions, it is the worst in the league, with a terribly unbalanced roster that cannot defend or score.

Its not that simple.

A year ago, this is not what we were saying. We have a lot of recency bias on Manning.

A mistake was made in this year's coach - likely also a mistake made in Curtis as that GM seems unable to react to circumstances.

But Manning fixed a heck of a lot of behind the scenes head office non-football dysfunction that TL was not as interested in dealing with or helped to create through his management style. Manning is not a sizzle sort of guy. You won't see where the club is better then it was because we are not supposed to see all that stuff. AND, Manning tried to keep Vanney knowing how good he was.

The next hire of a GM (I'm assuming Curtis is gone at the end of this season) & coach (just can't see them keeping Perez given only some of the players are progressing while many are getting worse) is where he will have to succeed.

jabbronies
08-27-2021, 08:46 AM

No he didn't take over the best team in MLS.
He took over a team that spent a shit ton of cash the year before and then in 2015 when he took over were 6th in conference (12th overall). We got bumped in the first playoff game by Montreal?

Are you saying he just sat on his ass from 2015 - 2018 and did jack shit until Tim Bez left?
- He had nothing to do with shoring up the defence by bringing in Drew Moor and Steven Beitshore?
- He had nothing to do with brining in Victor Vazquez who would ignite our offence and win us the treble?

Then when Bez left;
- He had nothing to do with replacing an aging league MVP with a younger League MVP in Pozuelo?
- He had nothing to do with rebuilding the 2019 team that went to the MLS cup final after an embarrassing previous season?
- He had nothing to do with with finishing 2nd last year

And y'all think he should be fired because he only decided to start working in 2021....

He fucked up the manager change - I don't blame him because he is trying to replace a guy who IMO will be seen as one of the best managers in MLS history. Someone please point to a legitimate, 100% sure fire thing replacement that we missed out on. And don't name some random USL manager who has potential and finished mid table because that's just a bullshit gamble. Oh - Atlanta would like to know the answer as well because they faced a similar issue when Tato left. And LAG, the league starlet, had to steal our manager in order to show face again.

At least he recognized it and pivoted immediately. He didn't let a Preki situation happen. So let's give credit there at least.
It's similar to Tim L signing a big bloody deal and a big bloody bust - realizing they were not the right moves and flipping them for Jozy and Seba a year later.

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2021, 09:04 AM

On top of the points jabbronies made, it's not as if we went on steep decline from 2017 to today. We made the final is 2019 and finished 2nd last season. Your phrasing makes it seem like we went off a cliff as soon as he was hired.

The two (maybe 3) biggest errors Manning has made are:

1) hiring and moreso trusting Curtis and his timelines
2) not refreshing the roster earlier and continuing to ride that 2017 core too long (biggest error)
3) allowing Curtis to hire Armas but that probably should fall under #1

Does he he deserve blame? Yes, for sure. Does he need to be sacked? No, he should have earned himself a chance to correct things this offseason. But if he hires a dud GM this offseason and we get a Wynalda or someone as manager then he's done.

Oldtimer
08-27-2021, 09:11 AM
Agreed, I don't see the rational behind the "replace Manning" narrative. We've got someone who is an actual soccer suit in the position, people forget that we used to have a guy (Tom Anselmi) who was a hockey and condo guy in charge of TFC. Anyone at Manning's level is allowed to make a mistake, I'm sure he'll do due diligence before the next hire. Neither he nor MLSE is willing to have a bottom-feeder team.

Also US Soccer is filled with acquaintances and friendships. It would be hard for him to hire someone within the league that he doesn't know. Alternatively if he goes foreign, it's pretty hard for him to attract a quality foreign coach who isn't just going to use the club for a couple of years as a resume booster for a return overseas. The ones that don't work out (who are many) really don't work out, and the ones that do are gone in 2 years.

jabbronies
08-27-2021, 09:30 AM
2) not refreshing the roster earlier and continuing to ride that 2017 core too long (biggest error)

I think the "Timelines" portion of your list is very important here. I think the club is slow at doing things

Omar Gonzalez
- The search for a Drew Moor replacement should've happened at the end of the 2018 season. It wasn't and the search for a Seba replacement and mini rebuild got in the way of that. Omar Gonzalez was a great rental option. It bought us an extra 1-2 years to find that CB leader. But Curtis' biggest downfall is his slow movements. We should've had someone in place to start this season. I don't doubt we'll find someone in this offseason - but it's a season too late.

MB4
- Grooming his replacement should've started when he also got injured and it wasn't. Now that replacement is playing in Columbus and the next guy up is 19 and injured. Who does this fall on? Vanney for not grooming Faiser properly or Manning/Curtis for not shipping off the captain of the team earlier? I would say the former. You can't just get rid of Bradley like that. You have to look at him like how we used Cheyrou. He should be here until retirement, similar to cheyrou's path.

Jozy
This is tricky and IMO hindsight is always 20/20
- Jan 2019 there was a legit offer for seba; was there a legit offer for Jozy? if yes, then we gambled on the wrong player.
- Losing Seba but gaining Poz (MVP for MVP) was good
- Losing Jozy and gaining Poz would've been better.
- the problem can be fixed by buying out Jozy and bringing in a proper DP striker (which means Ayo and Achara are possibly spare parts depending on the formation we roll with)

jabbronies
08-27-2021, 09:34 AM
With that being said the club has been quick on other things:

Richie
We needed a WB - we got a WB

Soteldo
Previously we got VV after we had the fire power - we've done it in the opposite order now where we now have Soteldo before getting the fire power.

Lawrence
Morrow replacement. Done before things got real bad at LB

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2021, 12:13 PM
MB4
- Grooming his replacement should've started when he also got injured and it wasn't. Now that replacement is playing in Columbus and the next guy up is 19 and injured. Who does this fall on? Vanney for not grooming Faiser properly or Manning/Curtis for not shipping off the captain of the team earlier? I would say the former. You can't just get rid of Bradley like that. You have to look at him like how we used Cheyrou. He should be here until retirement, similar to cheyrou's path.

Fraser was never going to be that replacement. Even the Crew have him at CB and he is a bit too static for even that. There would be no way to groom Fraser to be an effective DM in MLS. He is just way, way too slow and poor defensively.

The replacement is Osorio and that's clear. The problem is that managers keep believing he is some sort of high efficiency AM and he isn't. He eas excellent in that position last year when Bradley was out. He was totally earning that TAM pricetag. He should be the next Bradley in position as well as captaincy. Sad thing is that him & Mullins are the only two players who make legit runs towards the goal mouth but sometimes you have sacrifice these things.

jloome
08-27-2021, 12:36 PM
On top of the points jabbronies made, it's not as if we went on steep decline from 2017 to today. We made the final is 2019 and finished 2nd last season. Your phrasing makes it seem like we went off a cliff as soon as he was hired.

The two (maybe 3) biggest errors Manning has made are:

3) allowing Curtis to hire Armas but that probably should fall under #1

Does he he deserve blame? Yes, for sure. Does he need to be sacked? No, he should have earned himself a chance to correct things this offseason. But if he hires a dud GM this offseason and we get a Wynalda or someone as manager then he's done.

That seems fair. But there's no doubt he has a dud GM right now. He deserves the offseason, but he hasn't even sacked the guy yet. And when he hired him, he ignored a whole lot of warning signs. When he gave the guy a contract extension on the back of us flailing last year without roster improvements, that also seems pretty shortsighted. Then... Armas, who truly looked out of his depth at NY.

So while people can yell "it wasn't just Bez" about the good moves that preceded all this, it probably bears at least some notice that once Bez left, there didn't seem to be any stabilizing hand keeping that consistency going.

Before Curtis/Armas: mostly smart personnel moves. After: mostly insufficient or unsuccessful.

Maybe naming him Argos prez as well was a mistake. Because his eye has most definitely not been on the ball over the last three seasons.

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2021, 01:30 PM
That seems fair. But there's no doubt he has a dud GM right now. He deserves the offseason, but he hasn't even sacked the guy yet. And when he hired him, he ignored a whole lot of warning signs. When he gave the guy a contract extension on the back of us flailing last year without roster improvements, that also seems pretty shortsighted. Then... Armas, who truly looked out of his depth at NY.

So while people can yell "it wasn't just Bez" about the good moves that preceded all this, it probably bears at least some notice that once Bez left, there didn't seem to be any stabilizing hand keeping that consistency going.

Before Curtis/Armas: mostly smart personnel moves. After: mostly insufficient or unsuccessful.

Maybe naming him Argos prez as well was a mistake. Because his eye has most definitely not been on the ball over the last three seasons.
Bez might be the guy that started us on the road to being unbalanced and having too many long, expensive contracts. Most of the questionable contracts we have now were doled out during his time minus Jozy of course (the worst one). However this current issue started with him at the helm and he seems to be doing the same thing in Columbus now. Just faster.

OgtheDim
08-27-2021, 02:16 PM
Fraser was never going to be that replacement. Even the Crew have him at CB and he is a bit too static for even that. There would be no way to groom Fraser to be an effective DM in MLS. He is just way, way too slow and poor defensively.

The replacement is Osorio and that's clear. ...

Priso ...next season unfortunately...but that game against NER showed it is going to be Priso.

Ultra & Proud
08-27-2021, 03:32 PM
Priso ...next season unfortunately...but that game against NER showed it is going to be Priso.
Could be Priso but he needs to show more consistency and passing vision to be the day in day out guy besides, he has wheels so he really should take Delgado's box to box spot before shuttling him back to be a DM.

Then we could move Delgado on for some allocation $$$ and save $600K at the same time.

jabbronies
08-27-2021, 03:57 PM
Before Curtis/Armas: mostly smart personnel moves. After: mostly insufficient or unsuccessful..

You're kidding right? Over a span of 3 years (2014 - 2017) we had some gems come in to build that Treble team. Some cunning moves and Lots of luck

But don't make it seem like it was flawless times , just to name a few:

- Eriq Zavaleta - still stuck with this one , although he's a lot cheaper now so I guess that's something)
- Ahmed Kantari
- Ager Aketxe
- Hérculez Gómez
- Jackson
- Gilberto
- Collen Warner
- Replacing Steven Beitashour with GREGORY FUCKING VAN DER WEIL
- Jermaine Defoe wasn't the starlet we all hoped for