PDA

View Full Version : UPDATEDMLSE has announced be vaccinated to attend events.

Red CB Toronto
08-17-2021, 04:28 PM
This is great to see, stay healthy and safe everyone.

https://scontent.fymy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p526x296/236650845_10227311466352125_7097893031896063988_n. jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=825194&_nc_eui2=AeE6Z_vbJMZpjXqyng471TkisYxIZP5Dh5mxjEhk_ kOHmXDfkunHMthECHnr5n1imtc&_nc_ohc=KF8L04oxRuwAX9iUr3b&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.fna&oh=832c526496a96add1f12c79950d1e058&oe=6142E76E

Bushmancan
08-17-2021, 04:50 PM
I know different orgs but I hope this will be true for CMNT as well.

Red CB Toronto
08-17-2021, 05:00 PM
I know different orgs but I hope this will be true for CMNT as well.

It's the venue, so fully expect it to be in effect for the Canada games, at least the October one and beyond. The big difference between BMO Field and Scotiabank Arena is that the city owns the stadium, so it could fall under a different mandate, but it seems MLSE is taking blanket approach. Even Real Sports Bar and Grill falls under this decision.

OgtheDim
08-17-2021, 05:26 PM
This is the one venue who can do this in town & anti-vaxxers can't google rating them to death.

Coming to a bar near you.

(As a person who does a rapid test twice a week for work purposes, its no biggie but the vaccine is even less of a biggie)

Red CB Toronto
08-17-2021, 05:31 PM
This is the one venue who can do this in town & anti-vaxxers can't google rating them to death.

Coming to a bar near you.

(As a person who does a rapid test twice a week for work purposes, its no biggie but the vaccine is even less of a biggie)

I will be curious to see if they require the PCR or rapid test. Big difference in the amount that comes out of your pocket. If its rapid they could offer it in the parking lot outside BMO I guess for $50 or whatever.

I do hope that something is done for under 11 kids, they simply can not get vaccinated at this point. Abbott rapid tests really do not cost all the much. They could do those for kids, heck someone may even sponsor that.

Auzzy
08-17-2021, 06:15 PM
I’m happy to see this announced! Too bad they didn’t make it simpler like the Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers, who are allowing only double-vaxxed to attend, with medical exceptions I presume. There are issues around rapid test reliability, how quickly the Delta variant can infect, and more. However perhaps it’s just a less contentious topic in Manitoba, where they already have a provincial COVID vaccine ID.

leedsandTFC
08-17-2021, 07:19 PM
better late than never!

OgtheDim
08-17-2021, 09:23 PM
I’m happy to see this announced! Too bad they didn’t make it simpler like the Winnipeg Jets and Blue Bombers, who are allowing only double-vaxxed to attend, with medical exceptions I presume. There are issues around rapid test reliability, how quickly the Delta variant can infect, and more. However perhaps it’s just a less contentious topic in Manitoba, where they already have a provincial COVID vaccine ID.

Oh that mandate is coming - tonight PCPO mandated it for their MPP's. Going to be hard to justify at that workplace but not for the rest of us.

I think this changes before September ends.

metaxa
08-18-2021, 07:52 AM
So I would assume the stadium can be at full capacity and no masks mandated then if everyone is negative right?

Gringo Starr
08-18-2021, 08:17 AM
You can be fully faxed and still get covid so it can still be in the stadium-is a mask really that hard

Red CB Toronto
08-18-2021, 09:08 AM
Live Nation Canada has announced that you will have to be fully vaccinated or provide a negative test to attend any of the concerts they put on.

https://www.cp24.com/entertainment-news/live-nation-canada-to-require-vaccination-proof-or-negative-test-at-concerts-1.5551479

JoesphNdo
08-18-2021, 09:31 AM
You can be fully faxed and still get covid so it can still be in the stadium-is a mask really that hard

I do have sympathy for this line of reasoning but...this will remain true literally for the rest of our lives. We'll never get a better set of circumstances than 'covid exists, but we're vaccinated', so do we keep the masks forever? I don't see it

Canary10
08-18-2021, 09:35 AM
I do have sympathy for this line of reasoning but...this will remain true literally for the rest of our lives. We'll never get a better set of circumstances than 'covid exists, but we're vaccinated', so do we keep the masks forever? I don't see it

Let's wait until kids can be vaxxed before we start applying this logic.

Gringo Starr
08-18-2021, 09:42 AM
I understand the sentiment but not as we are starting a fourth wave.

If there had been more masking buy in, more vax buy in from the start this would have been done by now.

noxx98
08-18-2021, 09:45 AM
Even though you can get COVID after you've been vaccinated, the likelihood is much lower. It also significantly decreases the likelihood of severe outcomes (e.g., hospitalization, ICU, death). Here's the Ontario numbers for case count by vaccination status over the past week:
https://twitter.com/EdTubb/status/1427991812099162120

Sunlife also announced that they'll require vaccination or daily testing for people returning to the office in their pilot program: https://www.theglobeandmail.com/business/article-sun-life-to-require-covid-19-vaccination-for-employees-to-return-to/

I think we will increasingly see organizations take this stance, good to see MLSE being one of the first in Canada (or at least Ontario).

Red CB Toronto
08-18-2021, 09:47 AM
Things are really moving quickly now as Ontario to give third 'booster' COVID-19 vaccine doses to vulnerable groups; 11-year-olds can now get a shot.
https://www.cp24.com/news/ontario-to-give-third-booster-covid-19-vaccine-doses-to-vulnerable-groups-11-year-olds-can-now-get-a-shot-1.5550389

JoesphNdo
08-18-2021, 09:48 AM
Let's wait until kids can be vaxxed before we start applying this logic.

Yep that's totally fair, and I'm not throwing away my mask any time soon, more saying if we're expecting to eliminate covid at some point - it isn't happening. Whatever we return too it'll be a life with covid in the community and we need to find a way to work with that

Richard
08-18-2021, 09:53 AM
Brave New World is not that far around the corner. You all cheer for mandatory requirements, yet none of the companies are held liable for adverse affects. We're already heading down a slippery slope.

FYI I got the shot, but no-one should be comfortable with unaccountable pharmaceutical companies, along with unchecked government powers.

glaze
08-18-2021, 10:40 AM
I'll believe it when it's put into place. Noone has come up with a secure way to provide proof of vax. That pdf can be faked in about 20 seconds.
I do think the policy is fair. But they moved the goalposts to mid-September, and have left alot of details out.

Oldtimer
08-18-2021, 11:01 AM
Brave New World is not that far around the corner. You all cheer for mandatory requirements, yet none of the companies are held liable for adverse affects. We're already heading down a slippery slope.

FYI I got the shot, but no-one should be comfortable with unaccountable pharmaceutical companies, along with unchecked government powers.

The flip side of this is that if companies like MLSE don't require vaccines, and a customer dies from covid or develops long covid, case law strongly suggests a successful lawsuit on the basis of negligence. From a legal standpoint, front-facing staff should be vaccinated, also people in crowded events, not requiring that is negligence during a pandemic when vaccines are available and recommended by Federal and Provincial health authorities. I'm not a lawyer, but I sat on corporate Health and Safety committees for years. The law is pretty straightforward.

People who have regular seizures are not allowed to drive. That didn't lead to a "slippery slope" of anything. But it has saved lives because some people don't take basic responsibility for others.
Driving, like attending TFC games is not a basic human right, but a privilege.

OgtheDim
08-18-2021, 12:31 PM
So I would assume the stadium can be at full capacity and no masks mandated then if everyone is negative right?

Not yet

That would have been allowed under future reopening plans but they are now all on hold.

I suspect this will be the case in 2022

MightyDM
08-18-2021, 03:07 PM

The pharmaceutical companies are not unaccountable - they have had to go through rigorous approvals to get to this stage. And we can agree to disagree about unchecked government power. Ensuring our collective health is a basic role of government and one we can’t achieve on our own.

I get skepticism but after 35 million Brits have had AstraZeneca we have a reasonably good handle on the side effects.

Kamp Berg
08-18-2021, 03:21 PM
The pharmaceutical companies are not unaccountable - they have had to go through rigorous approvals to get to this stage. And we can agree to disagree about unchecked government power. Ensuring our collective health is a basic role of government and one we can’t achieve on our own.

I get skepticism but after 35 million Brits have had AstraZeneca we have a reasonably good handle on the side effects.

Plus we live in an age with more accountability than ever before. For example, the #metoo movement could not have taken place even 20 years ago.

SilverSamurai
08-18-2021, 03:46 PM
The flip side of this is that if companies like MLSE don't require vaccines, and a customer dies from covid or develops long covid, case law strongly suggests a successful lawsuit on the basis of negligence. From a legal standpoint, front-facing staff should be vaccinated, also people in crowded events, not requiring that is negligence during a pandemic when vaccines are available and recommended by Federal and Provincial health authorities. I'm not a lawyer, but I sat on corporate Health and Safety committees for years. The law is pretty straightforward.

People who have regular seizures are not allowed to drive. That didn't lead to a "slippery slope" of anything. But it has saved lives because some people don't take basic responsibility for others.
Driving, like attending TFC games is not a basic human right, but a privilege.

+1
As someone that works in insurance, this has come up during client calls as well as internally when discussing reviewing accounts.
Insurance companies don't want to pay out because someone was flaunting the rules around.

Richard
08-18-2021, 06:00 PM
I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things. I will say that there is an irrational fear of death backed by emotions rather than data.(In the context of under 60)

Yes, get the vaccine, it helps.

But be aware that the media and government powers have done nothing but fearmonger and exploit emotions the last year and half.

The divisiveness we now see in society by those vaxed/unvaxed is unhealthily. Anger, mistrust, and fear is easily exploited.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=num&measure=deaths#a7

Auzzy
08-18-2021, 06:17 PM
I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things. I will say that there is an irrational fear of death backed by emotions rather than data.

Yes, get the vaccine, it helps.

But be aware that the media and government powers have done nothing but fearmonger and exploit emotions the last year and half.

The divisiveness we now see in society by those vaxed/unvaxed is unhealthily. Anger, mistrust, and fear is easily exploited.

https://health-infobase.canada.ca/covid-19/epidemiological-summary-covid-19-cases.html?stat=num&measure=deaths#a7

You start with this: “I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things” but then you do exactly that?
I will say what you write is utter BS on multiple levels, so how about we drop it?

Richard
08-18-2021, 06:25 PM
You start with this: “I don't believe this is the right place or platform to debate these things” but then you do exactly that?
I will say what you write is utter BS on multiple levels, so how about we drop it?

Nothing I have written is controversial. If you want to point things out feel free to DM me instead.

OgtheDim
08-18-2021, 06:51 PM
Nothing I have written is controversial.

It is....maybe not within the circles you are in...but it is.

Yes, best to drop.

Ultra & Proud
08-19-2021, 06:22 AM
Well if this UK research on the Pfizer & AZ vaccines that CP24 is reporting is correct (both lose effectiveness against Delta in 3 months) then this whole thing doesn't matter and they should lock it all down again anyway.

Red CB Toronto
08-19-2021, 09:27 AM
Another big vaccination mandate, likely the biggest to date in this province.

https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/s600x600/239010920_170836605148701_3349837092643740494_n.jp g?_nc_cat=103&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeETvmBcG6A4BuXlidxFSJ-2MwEo3ECt554zASjcQK3nnhfJOYYzeR80iJzv-h_Yq1g&_nc_ohc=sVE1_4hJPVIAX8s7Zz3&tn=SvfPZuXAPMs6fjNz&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=0f7414d87eeeb9e5c8dcad81023e243f&oe=61428C92

noxx98
08-19-2021, 10:03 AM
Well if this UK research on the Pfizer & AZ vaccines that CP24 is reporting is correct (both lose effectiveness against Delta in 3 months) then this whole thing doesn't matter and they should lock it all down again anyway.
https://www.barrons.com/articles/pfizer-covid-vaccine-efficacy-delta-variant-51629378855
Looks like it drops from a 92% efficacy to a 78% efficacy. So not as high, but still quite effective for a vaccine.

Red CB Toronto
08-19-2021, 10:13 AM
https://scontent.fybz2-2.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.6435-9/p526x296/239409805_170862248479470_4463300302669612750_n.jp g?_nc_cat=106&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=8bfeb9&_nc_eui2=AeEbZyz9VtksuwsZP2dXFPgOWGYFsc8K_WxYZgWxz wr9bNk_dfpwgA80zOkH6CggLM0&_nc_ohc=9nYLKXn61twAX_lgIek&_nc_ht=scontent.fybz2-2.fna&oh=c675eca281b0d7ac92c604c26826daa0&oe=614278DF

Ultra & Proud
08-19-2021, 10:18 AM
https://www.barrons.com/articles/pfizer-covid-vaccine-efficacy-delta-variant-51629378855
Looks like it drops from a 92% efficacy to a 78% efficacy. So not as high, but still quite effective for a vaccine.
But it says this on the last line:

The study also found that people infected with Delta who had received any vaccine had similar peak levels of virus as infected people who had not been vaccinated. That has “potential implications for onward transmission risk,” the authors wrote.

noxx98
08-19-2021, 10:38 AM

The study also found that people infected with Delta who had received any vaccine had similar peak levels of virus as infected people who had not been vaccinated. That has “potential implications for onward transmission risk,” the authors wrote.
Agreed, but a 78% efficacy is still quite strong of a response for a vaccine. A normal flu vaccine is only 40%-60%.

Auzzy
08-19-2021, 10:49 AM

CDC reported similar things a month or two ago. However two important facts that make this less a worry than some try to make it:

- You still need to be infected before you can infect anyone else. For the last month or two in Ontario, the fully vaccinated are about 8 times less likely to get infected as the unvaccinated. Maybe the ratio drops to 5:1 or something like that after a while, but there's still way less spread if more people are vaccinated.

- The peak virus levels might be similar in the vaccinated, but they last for a far shorter time. The vaccines don't stop the virus outside of the body; the virus gets into the respiratory system, and the vaccinated can more quickly build antibodies to defeat it. Other studies have shown that the few fully vaccinated that do get infected, are infectious for a much shorter period than the unvaccinated, therefore reducing spread.

We've always know we're going to need boosters; the US is now saying after 8 months. LTC and immunocompromised perhaps earlier. As noxx98 mentioned, the efficiacy is still quite good: some are displaying the latest UK info as an all-or-nothing issue. The FDA and CDC had actually set 50% efficacy as the lower limit for the initial vaccine approval, so we're still doing well (but the virus is also getting more efficient). The boosters will get better, and may eventually get rolled into a yearly flu shot. Vaccines are still a big part of getting out of this.

Ultra & Proud
08-19-2021, 10:52 AM
Agreed, but a 78% efficacy is still quite strong of a response for a vaccine. A normal flu vaccine is only 40%-60%.
I think the reporting today is saying that after 3 months it will continue to drop. Question is by how much and how fast? They don't know as we're living in the phase 4 trial right now. I assume it will continue to reduce the chance of severe illness but for how long? Does that fade as well?

Oldtimer
08-19-2021, 12:35 PM
I think the reporting today is saying that after 3 months it will continue to drop. Question is by how much and how fast? They don't know as we're living in the phase 4 trial right now. I assume it will continue to reduce the chance of severe illness but for how long? Does that fade as well?

So a booster will be required at some point. US is looking at probably 8 months, no news from Canada yet (apart from Ontario's announcement of certain particularly vulnerable populations).

glaze
08-19-2021, 11:35 PM
As an adult I think it's a reasonable request in today's political climate to demand vaccines. Especially since masks have pretty much been unenforced.
However, if this applies to all fans 12+, i think it's a bit much. Also how will one prove they have an exemption? Also who is checking status?
On paper this looks great, in practice I don't think it'll be that easy, but we'll see.

OgtheDim
08-20-2021, 06:16 AM
The move by the province yesterday to make vaccines or exemption status mandatory for provincial workers has given every business in Ontario cover to do the same.

Once this is enforced within workplaces, it is going to spread to patrons at restaurants & venues where people are there more then 15 minutes.

I predict this is the new norm by Oct 1.

OgtheDim
09-01-2021, 06:08 AM
Caveat - this is according to literal pillow talk from the Ontario government's communication head to a Toronto Sun columnist (no, I'm not kidding - the columnist left his wife for the communications person & now he gets all the scoops about Queen's Park)

Vaccine certificates in certain venues by Sept 22 - full app in place by mid October. Outdoor sporting events do not require but can use the system if they so choose.

MLSE will likely wait for the app but its coming.

If you haven't had your shot & want to go to BMO, best to get it now.

OgtheDim
09-02-2021, 04:32 PM
Earlier then I thought

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1433536449576673281

Auzzy
09-02-2021, 05:27 PM
Earlier then I thought

Woohoo, I’ll be back! (Although I realize there won’t be many games left this season!)

OgtheDim
09-02-2021, 08:01 PM
That's the night of YorkU @ TFC.

burlington Red
09-03-2021, 09:05 AM
forgive my ignorance, but to gain entry to a game,is it just a case of bringing the print outs you got when I got my vaccines, or is there some easier way of proving it.

Areathrasher
09-03-2021, 09:10 AM
forgive my ignorance, but to gain entry to a game,is it just a case of bringing the print outs you got when I got my vaccines, or is there some easier way of proving it.

The printout or the PDF on your phone will suffice until the App with the QR code is released in October

andre99
09-07-2021, 10:54 AM
Is Sept 22 the official day when they will require anything? For example, for the Sept 18 game, will we require proof of vaccination and/or negative test result, or will we get in with neither?

OgtheDim
09-07-2021, 12:59 PM
Is Sept 22 the official day when they will require anything? For example, for the Sept 18 game, will we require proof of vaccination and/or negative test result, or will we get in with neither?

Until Sept 22, its either proof of vaccination or negative test result - if you have neither, you do not get in.

As of Sept 22, its proof of vaccination or a medical clearance (VERY difficult to get in Ontario btw - you basically have to prove you have seen an Ontario doctor & proved to him/her/they that you have an allergic reaction to vaccines)

andre99
09-08-2021, 08:27 AM
Until Sept 22, its either proof of vaccination or negative test result - if you have neither, you do not get in.

As of Sept 22, its proof of vaccination or a medical clearance (VERY difficult to get in Ontario btw - you basically have to prove you have seen an Ontario doctor & proved to him/her/they that you have an allergic reaction to vaccines)

Thanks. I didn't know that we needed anything before Sept 22. Is there an official statement? What proof is satisfactory? Is the printout they give you at Shopper's sufficient?

OgtheDim
09-08-2021, 08:39 AM
Most organizations are fine with the PDF file provided by the province as proof of second vaccination shown from your phone.

The site to download the vaccination receipts is the same one to book a vaccination.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccine-booking-support#vaccination-receipts

FYI - for anybody who has questions about the vax and/or people they go to games with have questions, Scarborough Hospital is running a program where people can talk to a doctor about the vaccine. There's a lot of information out there but the one thing everybody says is talk to a doctor before you make a decision. This line is free & non-judgemental. They get it - people can be worried about things they have heard. Talk to a pro - they can help you navigate through all the information out there.

https://shn.ca/vaxfacts/

Red CB Toronto
09-08-2021, 02:31 PM
I had the UPS Store shrink my vaccination record down to wallet size and laminated it. Fits perfectly in my wallet and as of now goes everywhere I go. Cost me all of about $7.

https://scontent.fymy1-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t1.15752-9/s2048x2048/241192025_276666567621552_1784567027223117194_n.jp g?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-5&_nc_sid=ae9488&_nc_eui2=AeHNsomAaMUqHM2RomMfsm0R5-hiTnUJtX7n6GJOdQm1fjflWmihipJFJhNKPfKakpc&_nc_ohc=MhIV1jqeNAoAX_ps_Mg&_nc_ht=scontent.fymy1-1.fna&oh=0ad30b367208b77a1b330e6b560964bb&oe=615FEF57

Most organizations are fine with the PDF file provided by the province as proof of second vaccination shown from your phone.

The site to download the vaccination receipts is the same one to book a vaccination.

https://covid-19.ontario.ca/covid-19-vaccine-booking-support#vaccination-receipts

FYI - for anybody who has questions about the vax and/or people they go to games with have questions, Scarborough Hospital is running a program where people can talk to a doctor about the vaccine. There's a lot of information out there but the one thing everybody says is talk to a doctor before you make a decision. This line is free & non-judgemental. They get it - people can be worried about things they have heard. Talk to a pro - they can help you navigate through all the information out there.

https://shn.ca/vaxfacts/

Gringo Starr
09-08-2021, 04:29 PM
[QUOTE=Red CB Toronto;1943867]I had the UPS Store shrink my vaccination record down to wallet size and laminated it. Fits perfectly in my wallet and as of now goes everywhere I go. Cost me all of about $7.

That is a great idea but you are sharing a lot of personal info by posting the pic you should maybe edit the pic to cover the personal bits