PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 18 - NYC @ TFC Saturday August 7 8:08pm - To take a Lot of Pain

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
08-05-2021, 06:18 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=soDZBW-1P04

Yup, I'll be there on Saturday

Have at It People

Bushmancan
08-05-2021, 10:59 AM
Could not have picked a better intro for the thread....

Kamp Berg
08-05-2021, 11:32 AM
Could not have picked a better intro for the thread....

For sure. Habits by Tove Lo also feels suitable.

jloome
08-05-2021, 11:45 AM
What this team really needs is Hair of the Dog.

jloome
08-05-2021, 11:49 AM
If we don't come out hard we're going to get absolutely crushed. NY has run up 5-0 and 4-1 wins against Orlando and Columbus in the last two weeks. If we play like we did last night, it'll be worse than the seven-goal drubbing.

Perez can say he won't single out players for criticism, but if he doesn't send a message by at least benching Chris Mavinga for a game (I know how talented he is, I've followed him more or less since being thrown to the lions as a teenager at Liverpool) he will lose the room.

That performance was god-awful, one of the laziest and least-motivated single half performances a player on this team has ever offered.

ensco
08-05-2021, 12:45 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNadyCgC2zU

OgtheDim
08-05-2021, 12:57 PM
Some true bangers in here

https://spinditty.com/playlists/Songs-About-Toxic-Love-Relationships

Almost went with

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BiQIc7fG9pA

stevep
08-05-2021, 10:00 PM
If we don't come out hard we're going to get absolutely crushed. NY has run up 5-0 and 4-1 wins against Orlando and Columbus in the last two weeks. If we play like we did last night, it'll be worse than the seven-goal drubbing.

Perez can say he won't single out players for criticism, but if he doesn't send a message by at least benching Chris Mavinga for a game (I know how talented he is, I've followed him more or less since being thrown to the lions as a teenager at Liverpool) he will lose the room.

That performance was god-awful, one of the laziest and least-motivated single half performances a player on this team has ever offered.

How anyone can buy tickets to this game and give them their money for this is beyond me

jloome
08-06-2021, 12:13 AM
How anyone can buy tickets to this game and give them their money for this is beyond me

They're probably exceedingly lucky, in a way, that a pandemic has made people desperate to get out and do something.

Still, the boos will be fucking fierce if they capitulate in Toronto like they did in Philly.

OgtheDim
08-06-2021, 06:29 AM
Why go to games? Why experience what the thread OP indicates?

Because

We

ENJOY

Doing

So

Things people I know have cried over or I have seen people cry over upon resuming after Covid

haircuts
taking a bus
seeing a friend
swimming
going to a mall
watching a hockey game
having an ice cream
going to the beach
going back to work
having a beer on a patio
shopping at a Dollerrama

We have 6 weeks of hot girl summer & damned if we all are not going to enjoy this brief respite before Wave 4 hits HOW WE WANT TO

Me? I cried driving down the Gardiner last week & first seeing the stadium

Like, I get some on here are die-hard cynics & die-hard only care when they win types but a HECK of a lot of us are here because we take long term enjoyment of following this team which often includes going to games.

This is how football is around the whole world. People go or follow because it is what they do, not because of the quality of the team.

So people in here can do "you gotta be stupid to do this" talk but millions around the world are equally stupid and ultimately enjoying it

So yeah.....I'm with 10K of equally stupid people on Saturday...deal with it

:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamw ithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithst upid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid:

Kamp Berg
08-06-2021, 08:39 AM
Why go to games? Why experience what the thread OP indicates?

Because

We

ENJOY

Doing

So

Things people I know have cried over or I have seen people cry over upon resuming after Covid

haircuts
taking a bus
seeing a friend
swimming
going to a mall
watching a hockey game
having an ice cream
going to the beach
going back to work
having a beer on a patio
shopping at a Dollerrama

We have 6 weeks of hot girl summer & damned if we all are not going to enjoy this brief respite before Wave 4 hits HOW WE WANT TO

Me? I cried driving down the Gardiner last week & first seeing the stadium

Like, I get some on here are die-hard cynics & die-hard only care when they win types but a HECK of a lot of us are here because we take long term enjoyment of following this team which often includes going to games.

This is how football is around the whole world. People go or follow because it is what they do, not because of the quality of the team.

So people in here can do "you gotta be stupid to do this" talk but millions around the world are equally stupid and ultimately enjoying it

:iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamw ithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithst upid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid: :iamwithstupid::iamwithstupid:

Hah ha! 😂 I thought your addiction comparison was on point.
Can someone who’s good at photoshop take the ‘all for one’ with the TFC logo and replace it with ‘I’m with stupid’?

stevep
08-06-2021, 12:14 PM
Two decent tickets beer has parking
$150
No bloody way

stevep
08-06-2021, 02:28 PM

Yes. Very well said
You are there with 10,000 equally stupid people

JoesphNdo
08-06-2021, 03:11 PM
Must blow your mind that every staidum in the European leagues bar the top 2 or 3 teams aren't completely empty all the time

MikeForbes
08-06-2021, 03:28 PM
Why are people stupid for attending? I know I love this team and am gonna spend my Saturday night having a drink and watching TFC. No one is forcing me to do that. I do it because it is enjoyable to me, even when they suck.

OgtheDim
08-06-2021, 03:36 PM
Why are people stupid for attending? I know I love this team and am gonna spend my Saturday night having a drink and watching TFC. No one is forcing me to do that. I do it because it is enjoyable to me, even when they suck.

I am going to grab a glass of wine & watch Omar screw up, Oso do something interesting, Soteldo weave some magic, somebody probably get injured & us probably lose.

Love Hurts

Red CB Toronto
08-06-2021, 03:53 PM

It is to each their own in deciding if they are comfortable in attending and how they want to do it ie finding some wide open space or in the supporters section. At the end of the days its a personal choice and there really is no wrong answer.

Bushmancan
08-06-2021, 03:53 PM

To be honest I look at the original post as a bigger shot at management (they don't deserve our money) ... watching Ali/Manning do nothing but put out stupid tweets that they think are funny just shows how disconnected they are with the fans.

Will always be loyal to the club, just don't have to like it. This feels worse than 2012 and i still believe but Ali needs to be next to go.

leedsandTFC
08-06-2021, 04:08 PM
To be honest I look at the original post as a bigger shot at management (they don't deserve our money) ... watching Ali/Manning do nothing but put out stupid tweets that they think are funny just shows how disconnected they are with the fans.

Will always be loyal to the club, just don't have to like it. This feels worse than 2012 and i still believe but Ali needs to be next to go.

it's just poor roster building + transitional year (s).

we're still in the hangover from the 2017 success imo, all those guys became legends so very hard emotionally (and physically) to move on from them.

also an easy out for mgmt to keep playing guys with so much TFC cred that that fans will never really be too annoyed with them.

PawTar711
08-07-2021, 10:07 AM
Com on hou reds! We have to still maintain the fact we've had five games or so that have been unbeaten and were playing at home..

jloome
08-07-2021, 11:46 AM
Osorio seemed acutely aware of how bad they were.

“We’ve spoken about that and we don’t want to let that to happen again and we won’t let that happen again,” said TFC midfielder Jonathan Osorio. “Everybody is motivated to change what’s happening.”

Richard
08-07-2021, 11:51 AM
I like Osorio, but statements like that make you look naïve. Just say we've got to give more effort, and not "wont let that happen again", because its going to, we're going to get pummeled at some point again.

The core of this team is old, time to play the kids.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 12:32 PM
How anyone can buy tickets to this game and give them their money for this is beyond mea

This is easy. We are supporters, not fans. But what is baffling is the 50 + years of sellouts for the Leafs

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 02:22 PM
a

This is easy. We are supporters, not fans. But what is baffling is the 50 + years of sellouts for the Leafs

The selllouts are driven by the same thing that drove upticks in CFL & NFL & EPL viewership & attendance - decades of the game on TV at the same time each week.

States

Football - Friday night high school, Saturday college, Sunday NFL - its the fall life

Baseball - its ALWAYS there if you want it from March until October

Basketball - tune in on Christmas day & watch games every Saturday or Sunday & midweek

Canada

Hockey - literally 70 years of Saturday night games on the one station everybody could get

CFL - the one sports station in the country puts it on every Friday night since the mid 80's

In this world, with fragmented TV and streaming & entertainment options, the "this is what we do at this time of the week" aspect of sports is pretty much gone. You couldn't recreate the CFL/TSN partnership now if you tried - MLSE has and its not working in Toronto for the CFL.

BUT, people come to support teams due to something - and TFC is a known in this town. Some of us will always go & to get the crowds they are getting now of 10K or so in the middle of the summer where people are still afraid of Covid but we also know we have only so much time until another Covid winter returns - that's not bad.

Teams less then 20 years old and the league not much more - give it time.

Smokecell
08-07-2021, 02:50 PM
Any word on the account credits being ready for use?

Oldtimer
08-07-2021, 03:18 PM
Any word on the account credits being ready for use?

What do you mean? If you pick up any game tickets the credits are applied to your purchase.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 03:25 PM
FWIW NYC flew in from Chicago yesterday after playing there on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1423729231452938247

The dog remains unimpressed

https://i.imgur.com/uZTNSrc.jpeg

noxx98
08-07-2021, 04:03 PM
What do you mean? If you pick up any game tickets the credits are applied to your purchase.
I think they mean the concession credits for leaving money with MLSE.

Richard
08-07-2021, 04:05 PM
FWIW NYC flew in from Chicago yesterday after playing there on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1423729231452938247

The dog remains unimpressed

https://i.imgur.com/uZTNSrc.jpeg

That's a cat....

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 04:20 PM
That's a cat....

That's a Bernese Mountain Dog, bro.

jloome
08-07-2021, 05:31 PM
That's a Bernese Mountain Dog, bro.
If you don't have a podcast dude, you probably should have.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 05:32 PM
Also, if you look at NYCFC keys to the match it’s “attack attack attack” and “rotate the lineup”

That tells you what decent opposition thinks of us right now. There to be had.

jloome
08-07-2021, 05:56 PM
Also, if you look at NYCFC keys to the match it’s “attack attack attack” and “rotate the lineup”

That tells you what decent opposition thinks of us right now. There to be had.

Counter, counter, counter. When we defended as a block last week we were okay, and we have very fast outlets. I love a slow build, but a quick counter is probably more conducive to beating NYFC.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 06:24 PM
That's our best team possible (Bono excepted)

Put up or shut up time

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 06:25 PM
Perruzza must not of impressed Perez much. He is out of the 18 with Shaff taking his spot.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 06:27 PM
No Perruzza, even on the subs bench. Cruel business this is.

Kamp Berg
08-07-2021, 06:28 PM
I wonder why Bono is still starting? Is Westburg still not well enough?

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 06:29 PM
I expect a 4-3-3 with Pozuelo playing as a free roaming RW. Similar to James Rodriguez with Everton.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 06:45 PM
Looks like Mavinga is on his way out. Fascinating. The only possible CB on the bench is Morrow.

gracos
08-07-2021, 07:00 PM
need to score 31 out of 51, which is 60.7% out of total remaining points, this season is pretty much fried, but lets get a proper manager in Curtis and Manning out and restart, no signing in previous transfer window is pure complacency

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 07:06 PM
Wine in place - time to enjoy some pain

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:14 PM
Alcohol for all. A big win for the lads incoming.

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:16 PM
Looks like Mavinga is on his way out. Fascinating. The only possible CB on the bench is Morrow.

He was awful last week and showed no effort. Maybe it’s just an effort to get his head straight.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:16 PM
Our player of quality is... Alex Bono?

Thomas
08-07-2021, 07:30 PM
Delgado seems off tonight so far

ag futbol
What was Omar doing there playing Bradley into that stupid pass? Then he gets beat by the runner.

Put him on the bench

jloome
Tough to defend a play that good, to be honest.

gracos
08-07-2021, 07:31 PM
Wow just wow

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:32 PM
Not even mad. That was beautiful.

rocktml
08-07-2021, 07:33 PM
No surprise really, This team is simply not good enough.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 07:34 PM
Beautiful play by NYCFC. One touch football. But what on earth were Omar and MB doing playing cute passes just outside the 18?

MikeForbes
Jozy's time as a DP needs to end. He is a legend, but he is no longer good enough to take a DP slot.

MightyDM
Delgado seems off tonight so far

Yes he does.

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:37 PM
For fucks sake Omar, switch field when there’s nothing. Lawrence wide open on the left.

gracos
08-07-2021, 07:38 PM
and yet our management team Curtis/Manning think we are good enough, by not making any signings and/or trades in or out, this is pretty much a statement to its supporters they are happy to be complacent

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:38 PM
They’re going to give me a fucking coronary

Thomas
08-07-2021, 07:39 PM
We really have to get one here. If we go down 2 zip I cant see us coming back.

OgtheDim
The wine is helping

jloome
Our defense cannot make a safe, sensible pass to save their fucking lives. It’s just dreadful

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:40 PM
Congrats to Michael "I'm a centerback too" Bradley and Eriq Zavaleta on that one.

ag futbol
Well, look at the positives. At this rate, the odds of anyone in management surviving are pretty low.

Call me crazy but I think the midfield looks better with Priso. He might make mistakes but he actually has legs to run. Bradley and Delgado are a couple of turtles

MightyDM
Maybe we are just shit. Perhaps that’s the truth.

Richard
Alright folks I'm out. Not going to spend my evening watching this shite.

MikeForbes
The wine is helping

Might wanna bring a bottle right to your seat.

gracos
08-07-2021, 07:42 PM
I hope the fans stop cheering on the team, and start saying Curtis/Manning out, its obvious this season is over before September lol, things need changing, and Curtis/Manning out is where we start

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 07:43 PM
Just saw Poz. I don’t think he has touched the ball yet.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:44 PM
Chanot's face is directly connected to his forearm?

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:45 PM
Chanot's face is directly connected to his forearm?
Disgraceful. I mean the ref, I expect it from Chanot

SoccMan2
08-07-2021, 07:46 PM
Pure garbage they are going to kill pro soccer in this city , that stadium is going to stay empty , who is going to want to go watch this garbage!

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:47 PM
That was the chance. Come on.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:48 PM
Rodriguez looks like a great player.

Jack
08-07-2021, 07:48 PM
The South End feels a bit subdued, not that I blame them. Also, no Inebriatti? I don’t see their capo or banners.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:49 PM
Sands should be in Europe also. He was incredible in the Gold Cup.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 07:50 PM
Alcohol for all. A big win for the lads incoming.

Not aging well. So far.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:51 PM
Not aging well. So far.

Alcohol always ages well.

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:51 PM
35 mins in and Michael Bradley has not completed a single successful pass or tackle.

Jesus Christ. He’s just filing space at this point.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 07:52 PM
Well, look at the positives. At this rate, the odds of anyone in management surviving are pretty low.

Call me crazy but I think the midfield looks better with Priso. He might make mistakes but he actually has legs to run. Bradley and Delgado are a couple of turtles

I agree that the midfield looks better with Priso. Although you are harsh on MB and Marky

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:53 PM
35 mins in and Michael Bradley has not completed a single successful pass or tackle.

Jesus Christ. He’s just filing space at this point.

Yeah, but it is Delgado's fault?

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:53 PM
I agree that the midfield looks better with Priso. Although you are harsh on MB and Marky
Dude they’re both awful so far tonight. lost. Marky’s passing is sloppy, Bradley is just unable to keep the pace of the game.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:54 PM
Richie not having a red card in his TFC career is pretty funny. The guy has a big time temper.

rocktml
08-07-2021, 07:55 PM
My god we look awful

MightyDM
Alcohol always ages well.

Hahahhahaha. Well played, Sir

Kamp Berg
Richie not having a red card in his TFC career is pretty funny. The guy has a big time temper.

Might get one tonight :(

jloome
Chanot is a shit defender, we should be attacking him all night.

daner90
08-07-2021, 07:56 PM
I love Richie. Does not take shit from anyone in this league.

Also, a Priso for Delgado sub at half has to be coming. Marky really seems to have lost his confidence the last few matches.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 07:56 PM
Offence fun to watch. Defence shite. But offence fun

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:57 PM
Hey Bradley blocked a pass. miracle.

tfcfans
08-07-2021, 07:57 PM
Not regretting my decision to stay home this evening.....

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Gotta say that Jozy needs to go off. Say whatever you want about Mullinho, but the guy is gonna move and work for his teammates.

jloome
It has to be said, NYFC are one dirty fucking team. Every tackle is a grab or kick or push.

MightyDM
Dude they’re both awful so far tonight. lost. Marky’s passing is sloppy, Bradley is just unable to keep the pace of the game.

The pace of top level soccer games might be passing MB by, I am not sure, but he wasn’t at fault for either of those goals even if it looked like it. We just aren’t good enough defensively right now and teams feel free to attack attack attack.

jloome
08-07-2021, 07:59 PM
The pace of top level soccer games might be passing MB by, I am not sire, but he wasn’t at fault for either of those goals even if it looked like it. We just aren’t good enough defensively right now and teams feel free to attack attack attack.

He muffled a clearance on the first one. The second was on Zavaleta. Doesn’t matter, our defence will always get pulled to pieces if our two holders can’t complete a tackle.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:01 PM
By the way that NYC player should be suspended for that fakery. No place in soccer. Trying to get our best player sent off.

Thomas
08-07-2021, 08:02 PM
yeah, nothing but a liability

Gotta say that Jozy needs to go off. Say whatever you want about Mullinho, but the guy is gonna move and work for his teammates.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:03 PM
By the way that NYC player should be suspended for that fakery. No place in soccer. Trying to get our best player sent off.
It was so blatant he might get a fine for simulation after the fact.

MikeForbes
So frustrating. There is so much talent on the field and we can barely create a chance.

ag futbol
Altidore’s career here is finished. Cut the cheque and send him home.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 08:04 PM
Even more convinced our issues start with Bradley

MightyDM
He muffled a clearance on the first one. The second was on Zavaleta. Doesn’t matter, our defence will always get pulled to pieces if our two holders can’t complete a tackle.

He was put under ridiculous pressure by Omar on the first one. But fair enough. I just see it a little differently.

ag futbol
It was so blatant he might get a fine for simulation after the fact.
They should review simulation with VAR and provide yellow cards for it. Bet it stops pretty quick.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Btw the Jozy stuff you people are talking about - don't seeit here.

Thomas
Jozy is Done. Even if he manages to score one. Anyone standing up there could get one eventually.

MikeForbes
Yeah. Just yell at everyone Jozy. Don't bother trying to do something that might cause a turnover.

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:07 PM
Just blow it up already.

Altidore isnt a DP in 2021 MLS. Mavinga has lost his mind this year and Gonzalez/Zavaleta suck. Bradley is a tortoise out there most nights. Delgado has been USL level this year.
2020 LEAGUE MVP Poz maybe has his named called once or twice a night by broadcasters. We paid how much money to bring Kemar Lawrence in and never give him the ball wide to go forward?

You cant fix this. We need to start over.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:08 PM

I am only watching on TV, but I see a guy who has steadily given up on the team as the half has gone on. 30 seconds of effort followed by him strolling around with his hands on his hips.

gracos
we would be better forfeiting the rest of the season, and/or playing TFC2 for the rest of the games until Manning/Curtis are out, nothing is going to change

MightyDM
It has to be said, NYFC are one dirty fucking team. Every tackle is a grab or kick or push.

And the Referee let’s it all go. We need to start diving and holding our faces

Thomas
08-07-2021, 08:09 PM
Vanney saw all of this coming

Just blow it up already.

Altidore isnt a DP in 2021 MLS. Mavinga has lost his mind this year and Gonzalez/Zavaleta suck. Bradley is a tortoise out there most nights. Delgado has been USL level this year.
2020 LEAGUE MVP Poz maybe has his named called once or twice a night by broadcasters. We paid how much money to bring Kemar Lawrence in and never give him the ball wide to go forward?

noxx98
08-07-2021, 08:09 PM
Ref was getting heckled hardcore as he was walking off the field by fans. He shouted a few things back at them. He might need a security detail in the second half

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:10 PM
They should review simulation with VAR and provide yellow cards for it. Bet it stops pretty quick.

Review it after the game and give suspensions. There is more than enough VAR already.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:10 PM
He’s not the problem per se and he’s working much harder defensively than normal.

but he’s just too slow now, dude. He got beat in a foot race by Frederick Chanot.

the double pivot isn’t helping us, just crowding the wrong areas. If we played it staggered, with a single anchor in front of the back line and a true number eight, we’d be able to break the press more easily.

SirBobSaget
08-07-2021, 08:11 PM
Just blow it up already.

If we actually had a GM and not whatever Curtis pretends to be, we would have shipped out some of the parts that have value, but might not be in our future for Garber bucks like other clubs have done

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:12 PM
He was put under ridiculous pressure by Omar on the first one. But fair enough. I just see it a little differently.
Yeah, that pass was too heavy. But MB two years ago reaches that and pokes it away.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:13 PM
We paid how much money to bring Kemar Lawrence in and never give him the ball wide to go forward?

Curtis’s moves this year have been particularly idiotic. He’s created a collection of players that together play worse than the sum of their parts.

You acquire Solteldo who wants the ball just as much as Pozuelo, deterring both their effectiveness.

Then you sign Lawrence, who is supposed to jump up on the overlap. Which would be great BUT it deters us from setting up Soltedo 1v1 in the place he wants the ball the most, isolated on the left flank.

gracos
08-07-2021, 08:14 PM
If we actually had a GM and not whatever Curtis pretends to be, we would have shipped out some of the parts that have value, but might not be in our future for Garber bucks like other clubs have done

2 past failure signings of managers formerly managing NYRB (Johnston and Curtis), if TFC ever signs another former NYRB manager, i am going to explode, they dont work here in Toronto

MikeForbes
I have a hard time finding anyone who is doing well out there. Osorio has had very little impact on the game. Pozuelo has had a hard time finding form this season. Everyone has been a bit disappointing.

Graeme
Achara for Bradley at half!

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:15 PM
Yeah, that pass was too heavy. But MB two years ago reaches that and pokes it away.

Agreed.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:17 PM
Curtis’s moves this year have been particularly idiotic. He’s created a collection of players that together play worse than the sum of their parts.

You acquire Solteldo who wants the ball just as much as Pozuelo, deterring both their effectiveness.

Then you sign Lawrence, who is supposed to jump up on the overlap. Which would be great BUT it deters us from setting up Soltedo 1v1 in the place he wants the ball the most, isolated on the left flank.

Plus, Lawrence has never been a wingback. His strength is as a stay-at-home fullback, even played centrally a few times for NYRB.

We’d be better off benching Omar and playing him centrally. He’s a much better defender than Gonzalez and our problems aren’t wide.

still, we’re too old, too slow.

Fuck it , play the kids at this point. Keep playing these guys as if every starter is sacred and we’ll battle Miami for the wooden spoon.

SirBobSaget
2 past failure signings of managers formerly managing NYRB (Johnston and Curtis), if TFC ever signs another former NYRB manager, i am going to explode, they dont work here in Toronto

MLSE needs to poach the Philadelphia Union front office.

MikeForbes

Priso for Bradley but that will never happen. This is Michael Bradley FC at this point.

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:18 PM

I agree with this. If I'm the GM I'm also looking at

1) Moving Jozy and getting another striker. It should have been done 2 years ago with all of his injuries.
2) Get a CDM ball winning destroyer. Our midfield with Marky Delgado and Michael Bradley is pathetic. No team in the league fears it.
3) Fix the damn CB issue. We need a leader at CB.
4) Is there is a system that exists where Poz and Soteldo can co-exist? If not, do something about it. Poz might as well not be out there this year.

gracos
08-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Perez is Armas Jr, but im certain with the management of Curtis/Manning, if Pep Guardiola took the position i am almost certain he wouldnt enjoy his time here

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:20 PM
I mean… we CUT one of our two starting defenders fro the club. released him, because he wasn’t good enough.

and he’s our best central defender right now, which is really saying something

Curtis is so fucking arrogant, he resigned him because he could get him cheap.

noxx98
08-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Looks like Priso coming on. And Achara

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:21 PM
“Some of the players don’t have the legs,” Perez says tactfully.

He’s bringing In the kids. Thank fucking God.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Holly shit, he subbed Bradley

noxx98
Bradley taken off wow

jloome
Jozy and Michael.

The dude sees reality.

MightyDM

I hyperextended my knee playing rugby when I was about 26 and again at 28. After the second time, I lost two steps (not one, two) and went from being a fast guy in a skilled league to being totally off the pace. It’s an awful feeling when the game passes you by and there is literally nothing you can do about it - I had to move from a key attacking position to a totally defensive one. I look at Bradley and Jozy and worry that they might be like that. I hope like hell they are not but it feels like it.

rydermike
Bradley out finally

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:23 PM
That is fucking brave. Props to Javier!

RealG-TFC
Subbing Bradley at the half, I thought I'd never see the day that would happen

SirBobSaget
Wow Bradley subbed at half time. Never thought we would se that.

MightyDM
You are prescient

OgtheDim
Bradley sybbed off calls for another wine

jloome
fuck

marky just cannot complete a pass tonight.

looks like hes also stacking the centre.

telling you guys, this is a smart fucking coach dealt a really shit hand.

noxx98
08-07-2021, 08:24 PM
Bradley has come back to the bench, but no sign of Jozy yet

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 08:24 PM
2022 starts this half

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:25 PM
He’s probably very upset. He worked really hard he just doesn’t have the wheels.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:25 PM
What will it take for this team to do a switch of play? It’s like we haven’t discovered this is actually something teams do in football

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:26 PM
fuck

marky just cannot complete a pass tonight.

looks like hes also stacking the centre.

telling you guys, this is a smart fucking coach dealt a really shit hand.

You mean Marky can't complete a pass all season. Out of all TFC players, he's had the worst season with the biggest drop off from last year.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:26 PM

Exactly. Poz and Soteldo are 1+1 =2 Not 11

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:27 PM
Damn straight

Soccerpro

Would be ironic if he has a hissy fit after just coming back into the fold.

MikeForbes
Let's go! Out with the old, in with the new. Jozy and Bradley are done.

rydermike
08-07-2021, 08:28 PM
No Altidore or Bradley and we score in 4 minutes. Exactly what we've been saying for months

OgtheDim
Poz is the captain - 2022

ag futbol
What an improvement. Now let’s not kid ourselves and say this is just about fresh legs

jloome
Let's go! Out with the old, in with the new. Jozy and Bradley are done.

Still talented guys, just slow. Use them as super subs, Bradley as a wrecker, Jozy as late pressure. When another team is at 70% it Evens things up a bit.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Priso for Bradley but that will never happen. This is Michael Bradley FC at this point.

Ahem.

Thomas
08-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Ritchie, yes

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:30 PM
Ahem.

Very happy to be wrong!

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:30 PM
I agree with this. If I'm the GM I'm also looking at

1) Moving Jozy and getting another striker. It should have been done 2 years ago with all of his injuries.
2) Get a CDM ball winning destroyer. Our midfield with Marky Delgado and Michael Bradley is pathetic. No team in the league fears it.
3) Fix the damn CB issue. We need a leader at CB.
4) Is there is a system that exists where Poz and Soteldo can co-exist? If not, do something about it. Poz might as well not be out there this year.

Consider your last question and ask why they brought Soteldo in when he amd Poz both need the ball, all the time.

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Still talented guys, just slow. Use them as super subs, Bradley as a wrecker, Jozy as late pressure. When another team is at 70% it Evens things up a bit.

It's a problem in MLS to have a DP player as a sub, as well as a TAM player as a sub.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2021, 08:31 PM
It's like this is a completely different team wow

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:32 PM
Completely different team right now. This is exciting and fun.

jloome
Night and fucking day boys

no wonder we did well in the first two CCL games. The kids could keep up, even if there was a skill/experience deficit.

MightyDM
That is fucking brave. Props to Javier!

Courage. This will make him the coach. (Or not)

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Let's fucking go!!!!!!

jloome
It's a problem in MLS to have a DP player as a sub, as well as a TAM player as a sub.
They’re both in the last year of guaranteed deals next season, so we don’t really have a choice in that. But we can use them wisely .

Fuck me this feels good to see.

OgtheDim
Well now

ag futbol
Let’s go!!

stevep
08-07-2021, 08:34 PM
How the f could anyone predict this after Wednesday

Thomas
Look at the difference without Jozy and MB

RealG-TFC
No Priso No Party

jloome
If Perez doesn’t get a serious look after this, our front office should face pickets

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Bradley sybbed off calls for another wine

Careful Og. They are $15…

noxx98
08-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Jozy now back on the bench. Was limping as he walked out

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:37 PM
I wonder if Curtis handcuffed both managers about taking Michael off. remember, Armas wanted to play him in the hole, where he’d have far less running required. He may have recognized some of this and been unable to change it.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:37 PM
I mean, it makes us all look incredibly smart. We have all wanted to see this team without Bradley. And a lot of us without Jozy. As soon as they take them out, this happens.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Shit, Pozuelo kicked hard In the lower shins.

held my breath when Achara went down there…

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Delgado is now all of a sudden back to 2017 form. Pozuelo is everywhere. So fun to watch.

SirBobSaget
08-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Jozy now back on the bench. Was limping as he walked out

Glad to hear. If this group actually comes together with some former key players buying in to support roles they can go places.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 08:39 PM
Yes it might all turn to feces but it's worth the price of admission

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:40 PM
I mean, it makes us all look incredibly smart. We have all wanted to see this team without Bradley. And a lot of us without Jozy. As soon as they take them out, this happens.
Most of us have been watching football for years and it’s not rocket science. Those close to it, in the club, are going to be more affected, heavily, by personal bias and political expectations.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Priso’s ability right now, to look ahead and not settle for the lazy sideways pass, is making a huge difference

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:41 PM
Shit, Pozuelo kicked hard In the lower shins.

held my breath when Achara went down there…

Achara is made of glass. He had constant injuries in college. He is like Jozy. Good player, nice kid, but prepare for lots more injuries.

gracos
This is exciting football, lets see if this can continue for the rest of the half and we might have something finally

SirBobSaget
Has the ball crossed into TFC's side yet over the last 10 mins??

Soccerpro
Priso’s ability right now, to look ahead and not settle for the lazy sideways pass, is making a huge difference

Delgado must be jealous!

jloome
He gets a fucking yellow for that!?! Man we get the shaft from PRO.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:42 PM
Sabiga is shit

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:42 PM

It’s irrelevant during the season - you play your best line up on the day. And I’m a fan of both Jozy and MB

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Not having a midfielder who insists on dropping between the two CBs is great. Priso and Delgado are both reading each other so well.

Soccerpro
08-07-2021, 08:45 PM
It’s irrelevant during the season - you play your best line up on the day. And I’m a fan of both Jozy and MB

I'd rather have a DP striker that consistently plays and scores, but that's just me. It's not irrelevant, it's a poor use of money in a salary cap league.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:46 PM
Yes, Caldwell. Just be tough. Let NYCFC carry on with the ball.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:46 PM
I'd rather have a DP striker that consistently plays and scores, but that's just me. It's not irrelevant, it's a poor use of money in a salary cap league.
It’s irrelevant because it’s unfixable not because it’s preferable.

Auzzy
08-07-2021, 08:47 PM
He gets a fucking yellow for that!?! Man we get the shaft from PRO.

I am so fucking pissed at the ref. NY has committed 13 fouls and TFC only 2. Yet yellow cards are 3 for TFC and 0 for NY. There were multiple NY fouls that should have been yellow: tactical fouls and more.

OgtheDim
Zavs is our best defender because he has learned how to Concacaf

jloome
I am so fucking pissed at the ref. NY has committed 13 fouls and TFC only 2. Yet yellow cards are 3 for TFC and 0 for NY. There were multiple NY fouls that should have been yellow: tactical fouls and more.
Holy shit, that’s indefensible.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:48 PM
I wonder if Curtis handcuffed both managers about taking Michael off. remember, Armas wanted to play him in the hole, where he’d have far less running required. He may have recognized some of this and been unable to change it.

I thought Armas wanted MB to play more of a pressing role? I’m fairly certain about that and the change today shows how completely on error that was. That was the MB of 2015. Not 2021

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:49 PM
I thought Armas wanted MB to play more of a pressing role? I’m fairly certain about that and the change today shows how completely on error that was. That was the MB of 2015. Not 2021

the argument was if he plays at the top of the diamond he can press deep, but it’s also a pretty convenient excuse to keep the peace without conceding your captains legs are shot.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Just pulling them apart now. Looks like 2017 out there.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Glad to hear. If this group actually comes together with some former key players buying in to support roles they can go places.

Bradley is applauding. Deserves some credit. .

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:52 PM
Man, what a fucking guy. I swear, he had sad eyes while doing it. I think he knows the deal. But still applauding his teammates.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 08:54 PM
It would be nice if Archara could get a goal.

wopchop
08-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Totally different game. Awesome.
Let's do this!

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 08:55 PM

During the season it is irrelevant. We have Jozy and that isn’t changing by some magical wish. It’s the reality. Jozy Altidore was signed on a DP deal 2015 renewed in 2018. That’s a fact. He is on our roster and is our player. How he is used is the question.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 08:55 PM

Bradley is absolutely the captain of the team. He loves this club and it can't be easy to accept the fact that he is in a heavy decline.

jloome
08-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Wreck Em Ralph

Thomas
08-07-2021, 08:56 PM
We really need The 3 points here

wopchop
08-07-2021, 08:57 PM
We really need The 3 points here
A win here could be a huge turning point for the group's morale.
I think they sense this too, they seem to be going all out for it.

Thomas
08-07-2021, 08:58 PM
for sure wop

A win here could be a huge turning point for the group's morale.
I think they sense this too, they seem to be going all out for it.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Shaff got the Mullinho haircut. So proud.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Zavs was quite good in the second half

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:03 PM
Priso got a yellow for delay throwing a ball away at a foul. The NYC player just kicked a ball that was over the end line into the stands and didn’t get a yellow. Shameful refereeing indeed.

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 09:04 PM
Zavs was quite good in the second half

He is our best defender right now. I will hear no questions about it.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:04 PM
That’s the best game Zavaleta has had for us in a very long time. Props to him. Didn’t want to say it while he was in in fear of cursing him.

wopchop
08-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Fuck this Ref

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:06 PM
He is our best defender right now. I will hear no questions about it.

True, dat. And Mavinga will be gone. Betting there is a housecleaning.

noxx98
Jozy is very into the game. Standing up in his seat. Moving around. Very animated

MikeForbes
Proud of Priso and Delgado in this second half. They are everywhere breaking up every attack.

ag futbol
What is DeLeon doing. Play it back to Laryea

jloome
08-07-2021, 09:07 PM
This ref is either crooked or blind.

OgtheDim
08-07-2021, 09:07 PM
Consistent fouling not getting yellows in this league has to stop

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Jozy is very into the game. Standing up in his seat. Moving around. Very animated

Great to hear. We all love and respect Jozy.

jloome
08-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Lordy, Bono’s distribution is crap

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:09 PM

Good for Jozy.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:10 PM
This ref is either crooked or blind.

Poor is likely the answer.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Consistent fouling not getting yellows in this league has to stop

Repetitive. Some word beyond consistent. Foul after foul.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 09:11 PM
“His lack of immunization creates space in the 18 yard box”

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:12 PM
If this is Perez ball I want more. More.

gracos
08-07-2021, 09:13 PM
better 2nd half, but still not good enough

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:14 PM
The subs not only changed the game but the Mentality of this club. No ones position is secure. You must earn it.

jloome
08-07-2021, 09:14 PM
better 2nd half, but still not good enough

man, I’ll take it. NYFC has been the best team in the league in the last month, Crushing Orlando and Columbus. And we played them off in the second half

wopchop
08-07-2021, 09:15 PM
Good fight to the end. We need more of that fight.
That's what I remember most about 2016-2017 - they always fought hard.
You could never count them out.

RealG-TFC
08-07-2021, 09:16 PM
That last minute save was nuts

MightyDM
Also, this is the only game this year that we have seen Soteldo and Pozuelo playing well together. A good sign.

MikeForbes
The lineup we started the second half with has to be the lineup we start the next game with.

Oldtimer
Taking off Bradley and Jozy was a gutsy move by Perez that paid off with a nice comback, even if not a win.

MightyDM
man, I’ll take it. NYFC has been the best team in the league in the last month, Crushing Orlando and Columbus. And we played them off in the second half

Totally agree. We looked fantastic. In fact better than recent editions of Vanney ball.

rocktml
08-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Oh man I’m really conflicted with this result. Horrible first half. Best second half we’ve played in over two years.....but a draw not good enough, time is running out

wopchop
08-07-2021, 09:18 PM
If this is Perez ball I want more. More.
Bye Bye Bald Frauds
Hopefully he is the new Bald God.

jloome
08-07-2021, 09:20 PM
Perez, Priso and Achara all seizing the moment.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:22 PM
The lineup we started the second half with has to be the lineup we start the next game with.

Not exactly. Shaff amd others might have something to say about that. But from now on you cannot play on reputation.

One question for me is Jozy. MB has lost a step, no doubt. Has Jozy? Or has he lost the first step? Or can he regain game sharpness with training?

Another - what’s going on on the locker room. Perez and Bradley both hinted at problems pre Philly.

Also; Bradley Poz and Soteldo cannot each have the ball all the time. Interesting that they were better with only two of the three on the field.

jloome
Have to give Caldwell props tonight too, he really called it correctly. Upping his game with competition from Kilbane.

ag futbol
Totally agree. We looked fantastic. In fact better than recent editions of Vanney ball.
Agreed, this is what we want to see. Moving the ball but with pace + purpose.

ag futbol
08-07-2021, 09:24 PM
Have to give Caldwell props tonight too, he really called it correctly. Upping his game with competition from Kilbane.
I think he’s still 2nd place by a mile. Kilbane sounds like someone who could be on TV on a larger network than TSN. Caldwell is an inarticulate oaf by comparison.

gracos
08-07-2021, 09:33 PM
ooo a point, let me make a point Curtis/Manning need to go, we should of shown intensity all season long, however we are now in a ditch, and the dirt is being piled on top fast, its not impossible but if we dont start making changes we are done for the year, with Curtis/Manning choosing not to make any changes to our club, that shows they are content with settling, i want our management to be ruthless, and doing all homework, whether thats getting our medical team upped or bringing in/getting rid of roster, this shouldnt be this way considering we are the top spenders in the league, and we cannot get the proper coach in; sorry for venting but still not enough to have them in my good books, and we need to keep them accountable

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:41 PM
Agreed, this is what we want to see. Moving the ball but with pace + purpose.

I actually think this is what Vanney wanted to see.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 09:43 PM
ooo a point, let me make a point Curtis/Manning need to go, we should of shown intensity all season long, however we are now in a ditch, and the dirt is being piled on top fast, its not impossible but if we dont start making changes we are done for the year, with Curtis/Manning choosing not to make any changes to our club, that shows they are content with settling, i want our management to be ruthless, and doing all homework, whether thats getting our medical team upped or bringing in/getting rid of roster, this shouldnt be this way considering we are the top spenders in the league, and we cannot get the proper coach in; sorry for venting but still not enough to have them in my good books, and we need to keep them accountable

Perez was ruthless. in a professional way that had both of the players he subbed visibly cheering from the bench. Not only a good sign, but a sign that he is taking his chance and putting Curtis and Manning in a position where they have to give him the job..

stevep
08-07-2021, 09:50 PM
Yes it might all turn to feces but it's worth the price of admission

YES you are correct

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 10:04 PM
Also would it be churlish to point out that we would have won our last two games if Soteldo had scored on a penalty and a breakaway

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 10:11 PM
Also would it be churlish to point out that we would have won our last two games if Soteldo had scored on a penalty and a breakaway

His choice to try and chip Johnson on a breakaway was very questionable.

jloome
08-07-2021, 10:16 PM
According to MLSsoccer.com, that's the first time in three seasons that Michael Bradley hasn't played the full 90 minutes.

Man, it's hard watching team legends age out.

stevep
08-07-2021, 10:39 PM

This is why is league is bullshit
There is no way this team should be in the position it’s in.

MightyDM
08-07-2021, 10:40 PM
According to MLSsoccer.com, that's the first time in three seasons that Michael Bradley hasn't played the full 90 minutes.

Man, it's hard watching team legends age out.

yes. one of the least important consequences is that it sets supporters against each other

MikeForbes
08-07-2021, 10:49 PM
People ripping on Jozy in his mentions after a classy Twitter post has me irritated. Obviously anyone who has seen me post lately knows what my thoughts on current Jozy are, but telling him as a TFC fan on Twitter that he is shit is just awful. He knows he needs to be better, he doesn't need a small army telling him he is shit.

stevep
08-07-2021, 11:04 PM
Even more convinced our issues start with Bradley

You called it man