PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 13 - Orlando @ TFC - Saturday July 17 7:38pm - Our House

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-13-2021, 04:30 PM
Well...hopefully

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwIe_sjKeAY

Have at It People

rydermike
07-13-2021, 04:37 PM
The undefeated Perez era continues.

MikeForbes
07-13-2021, 04:43 PM
Feels like we have played Orlando 10 times already this season.

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 04:47 PM
Feels like we have played Orlando 10 times already this season.

yet mullinho yet to strike...mullinho hat trick incoming saturday

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 12:32 PM
Hopes hanging by a thread it seems.....

andre99
07-14-2021, 12:40 PM
https://twitter.com/680news/status/1415357733818277894?s=21

rocktml
07-14-2021, 12:59 PM
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Canadian government have no back bone, spineless to the core.

613reppingTFC
07-14-2021, 01:29 PM
so despite not having a venue nailed down. I haven't heard much in terms of injury reports and who is/isn't available. From what I think.
We will be missing Oso, Laryea, Ayo to gold cup. Is Lawrence and Zav's also gone?
Any word on why Mavinga wasn't in the lineup last game, was it injury related, is he still out? Westberg still out with finger? Then we have Romeo, Dunn, Achara, and Gallardo out also?
Also with DeLeon not vacced (and if they don't have approval to play here in Canada) would he just be staying here and not travel with the team? Or go and play and then re-quarantine when he returns again?
--Bono--
Auro--OG--(Mavinga or Singh?)--(Singh or DeLeon?)
Bradley--Delgado
Endoh--Poz--Soteldo
--Altidore--

rocktml
07-14-2021, 03:06 PM
It’s official!!!!! We playing in Toronto on Saturday!!!!!!

GerMc
07-14-2021, 03:23 PM
It’s official!!!!! We playing in Toronto on Saturday!!!!!!

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-cf-montreal-to-play-at-home-this-saturday-1.1667847

7,000 fans in the stands according to the news report.

MikeForbes
07-14-2021, 03:57 PM
Definitely a win. The guys are gonna be so up lifted from playing at BMO and infront of fans. 3-0. Soteldo, Pozuelo and Mullinho with the goals.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 04:17 PM
IF you get to go to this game, please not the bag policy found here

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/back-in-action

DavemTFC
07-14-2021, 04:42 PM
so despite not having a venue nailed down. I haven't heard much in terms of injury reports and who is/isn't available. From what I think.
We will be missing Oso, Laryea, Ayo to gold cup. Is Lawrence and Zav's also gone?
Any word on why Mavinga wasn't in the lineup last game, was it injury related, is he still out? Westberg still out with finger? Then we have Romeo, Dunn, Achara, and Gallardo out also?
Also with DeLeon not vacced (and if they don't have approval to play here in Canada) would he just be staying here and not travel with the team? Or go and play and then re-quarantine when he returns again?
--Bono--
Auro--OG--(Mavinga or Singh?)--(Singh or DeLeon?)
Bradley--Delgado
Endoh--Poz--Soteldo
--Altidore--
You can pencil Morrow at left back if he's available

Oldtimer
07-15-2021, 06:17 AM
From the team's announcement

As BMO Field’s Official Disinfection partner, SC Johnson will supply the venue with disinfectant and cleaning products to be used throughout the stadium. They will also donate individual hand sanitizers to all fans.

:lol: always have to have the corporate tie-in (not that hand sanitizer is a bad idea).

OgtheDim
07-15-2021, 06:19 AM
Bring your rain gear

https://twitter.com/BMO_GroundsDept/status/1415627567739064320

Auzzy
07-15-2021, 07:04 AM
From the team's announcement

:lol: always have to have the corporate tie-in (not that hand sanitizer is a bad idea).

Woohoo more hygiene theatre! I would have loved a corporate tie-in with 3M distributing N95 masks…

Although looking at OgtheDim’s post, I’m reminded of a few of the Euro games where people actually wore masks, and I was wondering how well it works to wear a mask in the pouring rain. Nuts how the weather report changed for Saturday’s game. If I manage to get tickets in the supporter’s section for this one, I might be missing my regular seats in the well-covered west side (where it would be very hard to get tickets though).

What do the ID experts say, does rain do a good job of washing the virus out of the air?

Ultra & Proud
07-15-2021, 08:35 AM
What do the ID experts say, does rain do a good job of washing the virus out of the air?

It should but it's outdoors anyway so the odds of transmission are minimal.

Oldtimer
07-15-2021, 08:51 AM
Woohoo more hygiene theatre! I would have loved a corporate tie-in with 3M distributing N95 masks…

Totally. Unlike some illnesses, Covid is primarily airborne spread, CDC says less than 1 in 1000 cases comes from hand contact with surfaces. The excessive focus on hand hygiene distracts people from the real issues.

Allowing in unvaccinated people in an environment where people are shouting, while serving food so that people will remove their masks, what could go wrong?

Oldtimer
07-15-2021, 08:52 AM
It should but it's outdoors anyway so the odds of transmission are minimal.

Much less, but not zero in a crowded situation.

Ponderosa
07-15-2021, 09:49 AM

I have no scientific basis for this - but I don't recall seeing any massive spikes after the protests in Toronto or Peel over the past 12 months.

I feel a crowd controlled, mostly masked, physically distanced crowd at BMO for a couple hours is way less risk than in a population of non-distanced shouting protesters with poor mask compliance for an afternoon.

I imagine things will be fairly controlled - no big org wants to risk the publicity and headache of being an outbreak hub when they are desperate to get back to business - hence I feel early games while they might experience a few bumps and snafu's working things out - will be better then later games when people get lax.

CBTFC
07-15-2021, 10:08 AM
Don't feel comfortable in being there? It's simple, don't go.

Its when someone starts dictating how it should be for everyone else is when it becomes an issue.

15 months in and we're still having these conversations that go in circles.

OgtheDim
07-15-2021, 10:18 AM
I have no scientific basis for this - but I don't recall seeing any massive spikes after the protests in Toronto or Peel over the past 12 months.

I feel a crowd controlled, mostly masked, physically distanced crowd at BMO for a couple hours is way less risk than in a population of non-distanced shouting protesters with poor mask compliance for an afternoon.

I imagine things will be fairly controlled - no big org wants to risk the publicity and headache of being an outbreak hub when they are desperate to get back to business - hence I feel early games while they might experience a few bumps and snafu's working things out - will be better then later games when people get lax.

Issues were seen where people just did close contact during the Euros but that was people congregating outside in groups - Scotland saw 2000 cases.

Yuushalinsky
07-15-2021, 10:21 AM
Added anecdote, but the Texas Rangers had a full house and we were expecting it to be a super spreader. Not the case.

OgtheDim
07-15-2021, 10:29 AM
Yeh, I think its comfort level.

I'm not sold on 15K in that stadium being 2 metres apart, which is the provincial law.

I would note the city just repealed the 2 metre in parks rule this morning.:noidea:

I personally have made a decision to not go until August but that's just me.

jloome
07-15-2021, 10:43 AM
Its when someone starts dictating how it should be for everyone else is when it becomes an issue.

Someone always has to. It's a transmissible disease, so rules are needed to control its spread.

Societies can't exist without rules, because at times we're all exceptionally stupid creatures, and some people are exceptionally stupid and deluded all the time. If uncontrolled they pose a constant threat to the safety and security of others, particularly those without a choice of whether to be "there."

So small numbers of people always have to dictate how it should be for everyone else. At least in modern technocratic democracies, it's based on the best available evidence and not people's uninformed beliefs.

That's the glass half full take on losing freedoms.

Ultra & Proud
07-15-2021, 11:34 AM
For the match; any news on Westberg or is it another week of goalkeeping follies by Bono?

Smokecell
07-15-2021, 12:07 PM

I'm not sold on 15K in that stadium being 2 metres apart, which is the provincial law.

I would note the city just repealed the 2 metre in parks rule this morning.:noidea:

FWIW - Somewhere in the email that went out yesterday there was a terms and conditions/fine print section where they explicitly say that they cannot accommodate the 6ft(2M) rule.

Edit - it's right on the contest page, 3rd bullet:

Per the provincial governments reopening guidelines, please note that seats will be assigned without a 6 foot minimum social distance requirement. Seats will be spaced with empty seat(s) allocated between every pair of tickets issued for this match.

Cas87
07-15-2021, 12:14 PM
FWIW - Somewhere in the email that went out yesterday there was a terms and conditions/fine print section where they explicitly say that they cannot accommodate the 6ft(2M) rule.

Edit - it's right on the contest page, 3rd bullet:

Per the provincial governments reopening guidelines, please note that seats will be assigned without a 6 foot minimum social distance requirement. Seats will be spaced with empty seat(s) allocated between every pair of tickets issued for this match.

I think they put that in there a) to let everyone know that it won't be exactly 6 feet (probably 3.5-5 feet depending on section) and, b) so that they can have a bit of teeth to enforce the masking requirements they have as well.

KingLedley
07-15-2021, 12:26 PM
It's so difficult to enforce the rules for distancing and transmission.
There is not way that they can verify whether people are one-dose, two-dose or no dose vaccinated before entry.
There won't be enough stewards to enforce distancing requirements.
And if have lots of chances or goals, then distancing may go into the dumpster.... Italian Euro winning friends know exactly what I'm talking about.
And no-one can walk around in the concourse and guarantee that people will totally obey the distancing.

I want to see how the "experiment" pans out for these two games, so I will also sit games out until August. But it's fantastic if they can get these home matches going.

Auzzy
07-15-2021, 01:21 PM
^ Responding to a couple of notes above:

- Yes outdoors is much safer, but not perfect, and the Delta variant specifically is a different beast. That's what's dominant in Ontario now. One example among many: https://www.forbes.com/sites/brucelee/2021/07/12/outdoor-wedding-6-fully-vaccinated-infected-with-covid-19-delta-variant/?sh=3c22f04c6c49

- A footy match is different from a protest, where for the most part people are walking & not partying with the same bunch of people for 90+ minutes, masks off to sip on beer, cheer etc. Plus the big protests last year, we didn't have the Alpha or Delta variants yet, each much more transmissible than the previous version.

- Testing and tracing is so weak in many cases, nobody knows where many infections are acquired (protest, ball game or anywhere). Texas is an example, they're not doing much testing, and they didn't have much Delta variant until recently. Cases in a number of US states are blowing up now. I know that's primarily amongst the unvaccinated. But I've also heard from too many in the US incl. friends who got "breakthrough" infections despite being fully vaccinated. If the viral load is high enough, Delta can get you. Some have been pretty sick, although almost all don't have to go to a hospital or worse, which is great news due to the vaccines. (It's the unvaccinated or immune compromised they come in contact with in the meantime that will have the bigger problems.)

- A significant proportion of the Ontario age groups most common at a footy game have zero shots so far; another significant proportion have only one shot. If there was political will to make it easy for private businesses and other service providers, they could easily check for vaccination, but sadly that's not the case (yet). The EU has lots of other problems, but I'm jealous of the simple digital EU vaccine certificates all my family and friends are getting over there now, two weeks after their second dose.

Yes it's a personal comfort thing, in addition to a public health thing (unless you live by yourself, self-sufficient in the middle of a forest). If I can get tickets for this Saturday, I'm much happier with the 7k capacity, and will probably sit out the 15k games until I see where things are headed. (I don't think they should be allowing above 25% capacity until we're at 75% with two doses. Just think of the washrooms and other tight spots.) I'm personally hardly worried, but don't want to support and be part of something that might not work out well. Plus I want to enjoy the game, and not get pissed at badly managed situations or possible idiots in tight quarters.

samuraizero
07-15-2021, 01:58 PM
If we manage to get tickets, how do we use our credits for beer?

Canary10
07-15-2021, 02:09 PM
If we manage to get tickets, how do we use our credits for beer?

You have to go see this guy:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/485cc8b411dc39361a86f6eb3d6767c0/tenor.gif?itemid=11761120

jloome
07-15-2021, 04:22 PM
Predictions?

Odds Jozy starts?

Joe Kool
07-15-2021, 04:33 PM
Predictions?

Odds Jozy starts?

He said himself he is a few weeks away from match fitness so likely a sub to get some minutes I would say to build fitness. Highly doubt he would start.

MikeForbes
07-15-2021, 04:47 PM
Mullinho starts. Jozy comes on around 60 minute mark. Just say no to Dwyer.

Auzzy
07-15-2021, 04:51 PM
I guess Osorio, Akinola, Laryea and Lawrence are all still gone? Scary.

I don't think Jozy is good for more than 10 - 20 minutes.

Red CB Toronto
07-15-2021, 05:13 PM
I guess Osorio, Akinola, Laryea and Lawrence are all still gone? Scary.

I don't think Jozy is good for more than 10 - 20 minutes.

Yep all in action plus Zavs at the Gold Cup.

jloome
07-15-2021, 07:29 PM
Yep all in action plus Zavs at the Gold Cup.

Zavs is a folk hero in El Salvador already, I kid you not.

OgtheDim
07-15-2021, 08:14 PM
Yeh, Zavs on NT duty is 2017 era Zavs.

Gringo Starr
07-15-2021, 08:46 PM
Have we ever developed a legit CB, Zavs' flatlining at TFC seems more a failure of the club than the player

Oldtimer
07-16-2021, 06:19 AM
Anyone using the GO Train Lakeshore West:

Saturday, July 17 - Sunday, July 18

Train service will operate on a revised hourly schedule.
All westbound trips (excluding trips to Niagara Falls) to Aldershot will depart Union Station hourly at XX:10.
All eastbound trips (excluding trips from Niagara Falls) to Union Station will depart Aldershot hourly at XX:25.

GlenM
07-16-2021, 09:07 AM
Anyone using the TTC this weekend:

Line 1: Lawrence to St Clair full weekend closure July 17 and 18 (https://www.ttc.ca/Service_Advisories/Subway_closures/Jul17-18_Lawrence-StC.jsp)
GlenM

andyc
07-16-2021, 09:24 AM
Anyone driving ActiveTO has Lakeshore closed eastbound from Stadium to Jamestown.

DinamoTFC
07-16-2021, 09:48 AM
Anyone using the GO Train Lakeshore West:

Thank you!

MightyDM
07-16-2021, 09:50 AM
This is a good point.

Have we ever developed a legit CB, Zavs' flatlining at TFC seems more a failure of the club than the player

MightyDM
07-16-2021, 09:50 AM
Yeh, Zavs on NT duty is 2017 era Zavs.

Really happy for him

jloome
07-16-2021, 10:18 AM
This is a good point.

Let's be fair: he was considered league-wide to be a borderline prospect, because he played two positions in college.

Seattle signed him as a GA to be a defender but he was already 20 at that point, and had been a striker for four of the six prior years.

So basically by the time he reached MLS he had a handful of games as a defender. He was drafted for athleticism and versatility and the media discussed him beign retrained as either a holding midfielder or defender.

Keep in mind, in 2013 the MLS 1.0 mentality of players being positional puzzle pieces rather than established in recognized strengths was very much in play.

They loaned him to Chivas for a year and Chivas threw a wrench in that by playing him, unsuccessfully, up top. Then Bobby Burling, their best defender, blew his knee out and he spent a dozen games playing defence.

He went down to USL for a loan, went back to Seattle. By the time we got him, he was 22 and had a grand total of 17 professional starts at defence.

So he was well past prime development period, into the adjustment age where they're supposed to be moving to late twenties peak performance, and instead he was still learning the role.

We put him next to Drew Moor which sounds brilliant... if the player is smart enough to learn enough from it to fly on their own. If not, a line leader just makes them look better than they are by directing them whenever a marginal decision is in play or they may have missed a break in coverage or zone.

So he was never prepared to play central defence at this level. He's a natural athlete but not particularly fast, in a league where forwards are often very fast. I don't think he has a potential upside anymore, at 28. He's already peaked, probably in the championship year when he was 24.

If he was going to get better there would be consistent signs. That's what Osorio and others have demonstrated. Oso had the technical skill, then he had the read of the faster game, then he added the finishing, then he bulked up, right at the point where it looked like he might flame out for not being athletic enough, and showed he had a third gear. But he was no certainty to make it.

They're roughly the same age (Oso's a year older) and came into MLS during the same year, 2013, but look at the trajectory.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 10:45 AM
And yet, somehow, Zavs at the NT level is succeeding against non fast players.

What this shows me is we are desperate for a real back line general.

Richard
07-16-2021, 11:27 AM
If he was going to get better there would be consistent signs. That's what Osorio and others have demonstrated. Oso had the technical skill, then he had the read of the faster game, then he added the finishing, then he bulked up, right at the point where it looked like he might flame out for not being athletic enough, and showed he had a third gear. But he was no certainty to make it.

They're roughly the same age (Oso's a year older) and came into MLS during the same year, 2013, but look at the trajectory.

I was just curious and wanting to refresh my memory on Osorio's development(had couple years in Uruguay).

Anyways my mind was blown when I saw he has played 218 games for us. WOW. He is only 29 as well. Then I compared it to Zaveleta who has only 138 games total professionally.

Hopefully the next phase of Osorio development is learning from Poz to build that football IQ, he has lots of years left in him for us.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 12:44 PM
FOR THOSE GOING - there is a new bridge in the area to get into Liberty Village

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-toronto/2021/04/toronto-new-pedestrian-bridge-opening-next-week/

Bonus - youtube video of where the bridge is with a walk over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKFDi8z7yc

Been rightly pointed out that this does not help deal with the Covid cave under the GO Tracks.

Chevy
07-16-2021, 12:50 PM
Resist the Claustro-tunnel!

FOR THOSE GOING - there is a new bridge in the area that might help avoid the tunnel

https://www.blogto.com/real-estate-toronto/2021/04/toronto-new-pedestrian-bridge-opening-next-week/

Yuushalinsky
07-16-2021, 12:55 PM
dumb question - where are people even going to be for this game pre-match? I kind of want to take my friend to the full TFC Experience.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 01:14 PM
FOR THOSE GOING - there is a new bridge in the area that might help avoid the tunnel

Bonus - youtube video of where the bridge is with a walk over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JwKFDi8z7yc

That's on the north side, opposite end from the Go tunnel.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 01:25 PM
:facepalm:

Gonna edit...

DAMN YOU COVID CAVE...DAMN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 01:27 PM
In other news

https://twitter.com/MLeach680News/status/1416096480746786821

Auzzy
07-16-2021, 01:30 PM
I’m really happy about that bridge opening, and it’s especially good for anyone living in Liberty Village.

But it’s not at the Ex station, where we deal with the crowded tunnel. In fact this new bridge may funnel more people to that tunnel.

(Edit: I see I was a bit slow with my post.)

MikeForbes
07-16-2021, 01:35 PM
Odd that Peruzza was recalled unless this is for TFC II. No way he gets minutes over Jozy, Ayo (when he returns) Mullinho or Dwyer.

Don Julio
07-16-2021, 01:44 PM
I'm very excited to be going to a match after 16+ months!

To those wondering about the safety, it's not going to get any better than this for me. Second shot a few weeks ago, outside, sparsely populated stadium. If I'm not going to start doing things now then when?

jloome
07-16-2021, 01:46 PM
Odd that Peruzza was recalled unless this is for TFC II. No way he gets minutes over Jozy, Ayo (when he returns) Mullinho or Dwyer.

Perez is a dev specialist. He may well think he has more upside than Mullins or Dwyer. Mullins is a good link up player and defender so I doubt he’d lose time but I can see him getting minutes over Dwyer, and Jozy being out sometimes. If he goes to a two-striker set in particular.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 04:01 PM
https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1416137772859936768

Orlando is in town

flatpicker
07-16-2021, 05:58 PM
Holy crap. Tickets for this game just showed up in my account! Guess I better start making last minute plans

MikeForbes
07-16-2021, 06:06 PM
Get to the game, guys. Lets hear that crowd again finally. I hope to be in town for the end of September with a close to capacity crowd and would love to have a drink with everyone here.

SirBobSaget
07-16-2021, 08:20 PM
Is there something going on with the GO service this weekend? Planning a route from Durham, its having me wait for 30 mins at Union for a LW transfer. Don't trains keep going west through Union?

tfcfans
07-16-2021, 09:00 PM
I am getting a little misty playing some music on my regular (since Covid) walk tonight — is anyone else listening to Red City Ramblers and Depeche Mode tonight (just some random songs), and getting ready for tomorrow?!.....it seems like it’s been so long....like 16 months or so.....

Smokecell
07-16-2021, 09:13 PM
I am getting a little misty playing some music on my regular (since Covid) walk tonight — is anyone else listening to Red City Ramblers and Depeche Mode tonight (just some random songs), and getting ready for tomorrow?!.....it seems like it’s been so long....like 16 months or so.....

Same here...there’s a playlist on Spotify. Try adding Coming Home - Diddy to your walk ;)

tfcfans
07-17-2021, 12:28 AM
Same here...there’s a playlist on Spotify. Try adding Coming Home - Diddy to your walk ;)

Glad I’m not the only one....

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 06:00 AM
Game Day:scarf:

flatpicker
07-17-2021, 06:20 AM
Anyone know what the parking situation is like at exhibition grounds these days?

tfcfans
07-17-2021, 09:44 AM
Anyone know what the parking situation is like at exhibition grounds these days?

Same question regarding Liberty Village --- used to park at Lamport -- how is that whole scene these days?

DOMIN8R
07-17-2021, 10:02 AM
You can still park at Lamport. There haven't been any events on Exhibition Grounds for a long time. The parking lots are open and people have randomly parked there for a variety of reasons during the lockdown (exercising outdoors, children learning to ride bicycles, etc.). Not sure if the parking lots will be staffed for today. Flats you can park at my place in Liberty Village, if that is convenient. PM me for the address. Hope that helps.

flatpicker
07-17-2021, 03:47 PM
You can still park at Lamport. There haven't been any events on Exhibition Grounds for a long time. The parking lots are open and people have randomly parked there for a variety of reasons during the lockdown (exercising outdoors, children learning to ride bicycles, etc.). Not sure if the parking lots will be staffed for today. Flats you can park at my place in Liberty Village, if that is convenient. PM me for the address. Hope that helps.

I appreciate the offer. I’ve managed to sort out my plans.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 04:55 PM
Said it last time and it worked:

I have a good feeling about this one.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 05:50 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1416527763956277254?s=20

Why are we starting the corpse of Dom Dwyer?

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 05:52 PM
The expected 4-2-3-1 with Morrow in.

No FB subs. Dwyer starts. No sign of DeLeon.

Our defence still suks donkey balls but that midfield should be dynamic.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 05:53 PM
Dunn gets on the bench. I find that interesting.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 06:00 PM
Orlando line up

https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/1416530008781344768

The difference is the defence.

Richard
07-17-2021, 06:02 PM
Dwyer is only there as a warm body. My prediction is Altidore gets subbed on at half.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 06:20 PM
Kilbane instead of Caldwell....welcome change

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 06:22 PM
Orlando line up

https://twitter.com/OrlandoCitySC/status/1416530008781344768

The difference is the defence.

Them missing Antonio Carlos is big. I consider him one of the best in MLS.

Bushmancan
07-17-2021, 06:35 PM
Dwyer is only there as a warm body. My prediction is Altidore gets subbed on at half.

Also with those two setting you up… bury the sitters!

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 06:39 PM
TSN going hard with the behind the scenes stuff

Selling the team as human

samuraizero
07-17-2021, 06:43 PM
Never thought I'd miss Doug Tranquada, not a bad singer

James17930
07-17-2021, 06:46 PM
So stoked!

Wish I could be there.

samuraizero
07-17-2021, 06:51 PM
Possible broken foot for kicking your own teammate? good start orlando

benito
07-17-2021, 06:53 PM
Kilbane instead of Caldwell....welcome change

I assume Caldwell is with the CMT ate the gold cup?

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 06:54 PM
Oooo....5 minutes without a goal against

Richard
07-17-2021, 06:56 PM
The pitch looks immaculate. :thumbsup:

mowe
07-17-2021, 06:57 PM
Pozeulo + Soteldo = :o

portu
07-17-2021, 06:59 PM
Bono has gotten to the point of making me shit my pants whenever the ball is near the goal

samuraizero
07-17-2021, 07:02 PM
Bono has gotten to the point of making me shit my pants whenever the ball is near the goal

Promptly followed by a long ball to absolutely nobody

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:02 PM
They keep injuring themselves

James17930
07-17-2021, 07:03 PM
Twice from his own teammates. Bad luck.

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:06 PM
Pozuelo-Soteldo-Endoh looking good

Richard
Did I just see a thrown pass from Bono that actually got to a player?

noxx98
We are looking pretty good. How was Armas so incompetent?

Thomas
07-17-2021, 07:07 PM
Too bad Q isn’t playing

Thomas
No more big high Armas press

Richard

Ask Curtis.

mauser09
07-17-2021, 07:09 PM
Crowd sounds pretty good for 7,000 people

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:11 PM
Kilbane is a thousand, no, a million, times better than Caldwell.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:13 PM

Overconfident.

He had a theory as to how to be successful in MLS based on Philly and NYRB but he had neither the experience nor personal skill to convey it. Given that, at our best last season, we walked over Philly 4-0, it seems just a poor theory. If a team can control the clock and the ball, pressing all or most of the time is a reductive strategy, taking away the clock advantage to create more “close” chances.

But… we,have a budget by MLS standards. So it was a dumb idea.

I posted after his first presser that his demeanour and body language conveyed nervous energy, not confidence and control. Personality is everything to a football manager. I sure as shit couldn’t do it, and Armas didn’t seem suited to it either.

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:14 PM
Shades of Gio

benito
Soltedo looked like gio on that last run! Excited to see him in person on Wednesday

jloome
We’re going to end up with 65% posssesion and a nil nil draw of we don’t start shooting more.

Thomas
07-17-2021, 07:17 PM
without a doubt.

Kilbane is a thousand, no, a million, times better than Caldwell.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:19 PM
Have they removed the five second rule? Bono took about 20 there.

Thomas
Poz and Soltedo are the real deal….imagine the link up play with a 3rd DP (that can produce and play regularly).

James17930
Overconfident.

He had a theory as to how to be successful in MLS based on Philly and NYRB but he had neither the experience nor personal skill to convey it. Given that, at our best last season, we walked over Philly 4-0, it seems just a poor theory. If a team can control the clock and the ball, pressing all or most of the time is a reductive strategy, taking away the clock advantage to create more “close” chances.

But… we,have a budget by MLS standards. So it was a dumb idea.

I posted after his first presser that his demeanour and body language conveyed nervous energy, not confidence and control. Personality is everything to a football manager. I sure as shit couldn’t do it, and Armas didn’t seem suited to it either.

And then seemingly no idea what to do when it didn't work.

It's so amazing to watch us now, back to our old selves. It's night and day.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 07:21 PM
30 minutes and the defence has not been crap

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:23 PM
lol Dwyer

benito
07-17-2021, 07:23 PM
Soltedo looks special tonight

ensco
07-17-2021, 07:24 PM
Solteldo's reaction to Dwyer's “finish” there was priceless

jloome
30 minutes and the defence has not been crap
I have to think Javier has appointed Omar the line leader. for the second straight game he’s directing traffic quite visibly and verbally.

Yohan
God, Dwyer sucks

Richard
07-17-2021, 07:25 PM
If I'm Perez the only thing I would say at half time is shoot the damn ball.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:25 PM
Solteldo's reaction to Dwyer's “finish” there was priceless

Why in this day and age strikers think they have an extra step of time…

Strewth. Just hit it first time for fucks sake.

Dom Dire, more like.

Thomas
07-17-2021, 07:26 PM
I like how Soltedo comes back at times to help out, instead of just hanging up top

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:28 PM
Holy wheels on El Yefe.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:30 PM
Dwyer working on defence. Gets a point for that.

if his finishing and danger threat don’t pick up, Soteldo and Pozuelo will start going without him.

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:30 PM
I think that should have been a freekick

Richard
07-17-2021, 07:31 PM
Enjoy Soteldo because he is not long for this league.

jloome
Great vision by Mavinga to keep that whole thing going .

Inklink
Holy dude Jeff is too good for this league

ensco
07-17-2021, 07:33 PM
Solteldo might be the best 1v1 player I have ever seen in MLS.

He hasn’t shown the clinical finish of Seba or Ibra or Martinez, but my god, he terrifies defenders.

daner90
Soteldo and Poz together is pure gold. MLS defenders should be terrified

jloome
Enjoy Soteldo because he is not long for this league.
I dunno dude… he’s been a known quantity in Europe for a,long time. Spurs tried to sign him several times s a 17 and 18 year old but couldn’t get a work permit for him.

I can see Spain or France or a Turkish league team wanting him, but he makes a lot of money in MLS. He’s not a dead cert starter at the very top level, so they’re not going to shell out $4M a season for a guy 5’2.

Edit:having said that, I can see him getting more in Saudi when this deal is up.

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:34 PM
Looked onside

portu
07-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Soteldo is a 20 million dollar player. Wow.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:36 PM
Solteldo might be the best 1v1 player I have ever seen in MLS.

He hasn’t shown the clinical finish of Seba or Ibra or Martinez, but my god, he terrifies defenders.

Dribbles the ball like Almiron but has the speed of Marvell Wynne.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 07:37 PM
They are fun to watch...

Inklink
This guy is letting Soteldo get tossed around

ensco
Dribbles the ball like Almiron but has the speed of Marvell Wynne.

That is a perfect description.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:38 PM
This guy is letting Soteldo get tossed around
Yeah, he’s missed a penalty and a free kick on the edge of the box. Goddamn, MLS refs suck.

benito
07-17-2021, 07:39 PM
I am curious if that non-pk call was reviewed by VAR? They never showed a replay on the telecast.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:40 PM
That is a perfect description.

Someone needs to tell him these defenders can’t tackle him. He can just blow by hem and score goals. I’m not kidding. Anytime they’re
at the edge of their box or north, he should just run at them over and over; don’t dish it, just head to goal.

if Ritchie can do that eight times In a season, Soteldo can do it 20.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 07:40 PM
Crazy how much of a difference there is in the midfield. How many times were Bradley and Delgado caught up the field leaving acres of space between the midfield and centerbacks with Armas coaching? Now they are both aware of each other's positioning and react appropriately.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:42 PM
Kilbane was a good hard-nosed player and he’s a really good commentator.

jloome
07-17-2021, 07:43 PM
Crazy how much of a difference there is in the midfield. How many times were Bradley and Delgado caught up the field leaving acres of space between the midfield and centerbacks with Armas coaching? Now they are both aware of each other's positioning and react appropriately.

yeah, I liked the bewildered expression from Orlando’s three-pack in the midfield when they tried to press Bradley and we just calmly passed it around them.

stevep
07-17-2021, 07:44 PM
Tfc better score by 65 minutes
At 65 minutes solteldo comes off

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 07:46 PM
Kilbane is killing it as the color guy tonight. I expect Caldwell will be back soon and moan about Liam Fraser being out on loan or something soon though.

notthesun
07-17-2021, 07:50 PM
Jozy's getting one off the bench, book it.

Inklink
07-17-2021, 07:50 PM
Kilbane is killing it as the color guy tonight. I expect Caldwell will be back soon and moan about Liam Fraser being out on loan or something soon though.

Ideally he's stuck doing Montreal Clubfoot games with Vic Rauter.

Oldtimer
07-17-2021, 07:52 PM
Dwyer working on defence. Gets a point for that.

if his finishing and danger threat don’t pick up, Soteldo and Pozuelo will start going without him.

Dwyer looks better on defense, lol.

Yohan
07-17-2021, 07:54 PM
Kilbane was a good hard-nosed player and he’s a really good commentator.
Seems he married a Canadian gal and probably looking for a media job in Canada

Yohan
07-17-2021, 07:56 PM
ouch. Moutinho's family jewels

James17930
07-17-2021, 07:59 PM
I just don't understand how Bono can be that bad kicking the ball. Like, how can he be that bad?

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:00 PM
Who wears short shorts?

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:03 PM
Ref has shown up.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:06 PM
Just noticed again that certain players are NOT warming up with the others.

Inklink
So lucky

Richard
This game is crying for Altidore.

Lady luck has been on our side lol.

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:07 PM
with all due respect, bradley and yeff are unlucky

Inklink
07-17-2021, 08:08 PM
Jozy downing a donut before coming in?

Inklink
07-17-2021, 08:09 PM
Why is that not being VAR'd? Just because it's Nani?

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:12 PM
poz helping defence ?

good luck jozy !

benito
07-17-2021, 08:13 PM
Let’s go jozy

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:13 PM
Whenever I see Auro or Bono pausing to think, I get nervous.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:14 PM
I have made my thoughts known on Jozy as he currently is as a player, but there is no way he is not scoring tonight.

Richard
07-17-2021, 08:14 PM
Armas must be praying that Altidore doesn't score.

wopchop
07-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Time for Jozy to make a statement.
Let's go.

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:15 PM
Jesus Christ.

He is lethal.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:16 PM
Soteldo is sooo shifty.

Oldtimer
07-17-2021, 08:17 PM
Finally ref finds his yellow card.

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:18 PM
Solid high defense there

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:18 PM
i was expecting more than a tie today

Thomas
07-17-2021, 08:19 PM
Jozy only touch and gave it up

Richard
07-17-2021, 08:20 PM
Someone put Armas on suicide watch.

Inklink
LOOOLof courseeeeeeeeeeee

benito
There it is!

jloome
Storybook.

Fucking title run coming.

alex andrew
nice

MikeForbes
I have made my thoughts known on Jozy as he currently is as a player, but there is no way he is not scoring tonight.

This guy knows his stuff. ;)

Oldtimer
Yes!!!!

Take that Armas.

Thomas
07-17-2021, 08:21 PM
I stand corrected….Jozy goal!

Bushmancan
Is it possible I just saw Jozy score. All for One!!!!

mowe
Couldn’t have scripted it any better

MikeForbes
That is a penalty.

FootBallAZ
07-17-2021, 08:22 PM
Did you see that trainer pull his hamstring on his way to Bono

Fire all fitness staff asap

wopchop
Fucking aces

jloome
Called it that way because Bono was clearly avoiding a deliberate attempt at a collision.

Basically Bono flinched.

Inklink
Auro idiot. And tbh not sure why that is not a penalty.

Bono got clobbered

notthesun
I can't even gloat about calling the Jozy goal because of that lol. C'mon Auro

alex andrew
yup !

portu
Bono will never play another game of top flight football after this season.

Richard
07-17-2021, 08:23 PM
Did you see that trainer pull his hamstring on his way to Bono

Fire all fitness staff asap

You just make this stuff up lmao.

Inklink
Does MLS have concussion protocol?

alex andrew
more than a tie...

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:24 PM
Man
kind of bull shit, as theres no way Michel could’ve reached that ball.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:24 PM
Do something for once Bono. Save this.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:25 PM
That's a penalty.

Auro brain fart

portu
Bono will never play another game of top flight football after this season.
EVER.

MikeForbes
Come on, man...

Inklink
lol come on

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:26 PM
I mean…let’s call a spade a spade. Our goalie could’ve played the ball there but chickened out and played the man to protect himself.

benito
That was a suicide pass by auro. I don’t blame Bono on that one.

James17930
I thought players weren't allowed to stop in their run-up.

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:27 PM
ok, so if we win, did we solve the trainer problem ?

wopchop
07-17-2021, 08:28 PM
I thought players weren't allowed to stop in their run-up.
You can feint in the run, but not in the kick.

MikeForbes
Only one man can end this.

OgtheDim
Count on one defensive blunder for a goal against per game

James17930
07-17-2021, 08:29 PM
You can feint in the run, but not in the kick.

?? I don't quite understand. Where's the distinction?

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:30 PM
in the great scheme of things, the end result at bmo field is not important today !

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:31 PM
Need some fresh legs on here.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:32 PM
Bradley misses Wednesday - Priso time

Inklink
07-17-2021, 08:33 PM
Is the bench that bare tonight?

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:34 PM
We could use fresh legs

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:34 PM
Need some fresh legs on here.

great minds

plus, theyre starting to make little errors.

notthesun
07-17-2021, 08:35 PM
Such a good ball from Jozy and Endoh runs around his man instead of straight on goal...

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:36 PM
This is where having 25K+ would be helping

James17930
I think we need Shaff here. Speed.

Inklink
I think he forgot he has subs?

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:37 PM
Perez not really showing a ton of faith in his bench.

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:37 PM
This ref is too easily biased. How the fuck do you get an open throw in call wrong?

He’s been really poor. I wouldn’t be surprised if the team complain to PRO about him, to be frank.

He got the first half wrong, and started calling it all our way.

He got the initial penalty call wrong and now he’s calling everything the other way.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:39 PM
Is there enough time for the magic man?

DavemTFC
07-17-2021, 08:39 PM
Does Perez still think he's only allowed 3 subs?

Richard
07-17-2021, 08:41 PM
Does Perez still think he's only allowed 3 subs?

To be fair the benches in MLS are dire. Quality falls off a cliff after the 13th-14th roster spot.

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:41 PM
Probably telling Soteldo if I leave you out there, this Ref will let them poleaxe you.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:42 PM
Yeh, I think a fuller house roaring them on & there is way more urgency out there.

gracos
07-17-2021, 08:43 PM
average game at best

alex andrew
07-17-2021, 08:44 PM
was expecting more

now perez has 4 points and can add nani to his resume

jloome
07-17-2021, 08:44 PM
Well… Bono just had to take the ball instead of the man and we get three points.

at least we dominated. Good signs, just need a keeper, some depth

notthesun
07-17-2021, 08:45 PM
Well this should have been 3 points if not for Auro's mistake. At least we're playing well again.

MikeForbes
07-17-2021, 08:45 PM
They outplayed them. Created a few chances, unfortunately most of them fell to Dwyer.

gracos
07-17-2021, 08:53 PM
Jozy might be on the TAM level but i dont see him deserving DP player money, hes fairly injured quite often and i didnt see a lot of movement from him, yes, i know he scored the goal, but at this rate i dont see him on that money as a wise move, i would love to see a proven goalscorer similiar to Giovinco added in this transfer window

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 08:54 PM
Well… Bono just had to take the ball instead of the man and we get three points.

at least we dominated. Good signs, just need a keeper, some depth

Bono was hung out to dry - he's not all that good but that play wasn't on him.

DavemTFC
07-17-2021, 08:58 PM
Yeh, I think a fuller house roaring them on & there is way more urgency out there.

It felt almost like they were just relieved to be playing in front of home fans and didn't want to send them home with nothing so were happy enough to hold on for the point. I think they should have gone for it a bit more (and part of that is on Perez only making 2 subs) but the tactics fit the team and they look much more solid so I'm good with the job our interim is doing so far

Bushmancan
07-17-2021, 09:01 PM
This team will get better… just is it too late. Curtis should be on such thin ice.

jloome
07-17-2021, 09:09 PM
Bono was hung out to dry - he's not all that good but that play wasn't on him.

He didn’t create it but he misplayed it entirely.

Replay makes it clear from two angles he easily could’ve claimed that.

he thought he could block out the man BECAUSE the ball was past him. He let it go and then protected himself by turning the shoulder to the oncoming player.

wopchop
07-17-2021, 09:11 PM
?? I don't quite understand. Where's the distinction?
An example of a kick feint would be you fan the ball and then kick it other direction after keeper has gone.
If you were to pause at the end of the run up (foot now at the ball), same thing.
You can pause in the run-up only.

stevep
07-17-2021, 09:13 PM
This team will get better… just is it too late. Curtis should be on such thin ice.
You start Jozy, Oso for Endoh, Richie for Auro
The new guy for Morrow
This team is easily the best team in the league

This is 2018 all over again. It’s a similar script by MLS

James17930
07-17-2021, 09:52 PM
An example of a kick feint would be you fan the ball and then kick it other direction after keeper has gone.
If you were to pause at the end of the run up (foot now at the ball), same thing.
You can pause in the run-up only.

I see.

Personally, I would make it no feinting at all, at any time during the penalty.

GerMc
07-17-2021, 09:53 PM
I was at the game tonight and I thought TFC was the superior team. And, man oh man, the feeling when Jozy scored :flare:

They deserved the three points. I was in the south end, so didn’t see the penalty, so can’t really comment on that. But TFC controlled most of the game and had most of the chances. I was saying to my dad that it is just stunning how badly Armas managed the team. They are capable of so much more than what he got out of them. You could see that tonight.

I am hopeful that we will see a lot more of the team we saw in the last two games. Even if they don’t make the playoffs (which I think they will if they keep playing like this), I will be happy to watch some better football at BMO Field.

stevep
07-17-2021, 10:18 PM
Where was Julian DeGuzman at the half time show? He wasn’t on the set at halftime
Was he in the washroom?
Did he have some prune juice before halftime?
Where was he?
I need to mnow

Auzzy
07-17-2021, 10:23 PM
The expected 4-2-3-1 with Morrow in.

No FB subs. Dwyer starts. No sign of DeLeon.

Our defence still suks donkey balls but that midfield should be dynamic.

I assume DeLeon is still in his two-week quarantine.

Most things look better, but Perez is too hesitant with subs. Also, with Jozy on, I think he should have put Shaffelburg on instead of Mullins when Soteldo came off.

Interesting game to watch from the first row. The pitch was perfect.

zorsofstesab
07-17-2021, 10:25 PM
Just got back from the game. For 7k the fans were electric.

Soteldo is the real deal. He is going to do wonders in MLS unless big clubs come a calling.

Kudos to MLSE for a great night. A nice touch giving free beer, coolers and food.

My only beef. For those who thought the free snacks (Mars bar, Starburst, Skittles, Peanuts, etc.) were meant to grab enough to feed your family for the entire year, shame on you. Asking where the snacks were at the half staff said sorry all gone. I kid you not people were hoarding these items like they won the lottery.

Auzzy
07-17-2021, 10:27 PM
Yeah, he’s missed a penalty and a free kick on the edge of the box. Goddamn, MLS refs suck.

I couldn't see any of that in the stadium, and the MLS highlights suck. They don't show any of those controversial (non-) calls, so annoying.

On the highlights, I really liked Kilbane instead of Caldwell.

Auzzy
07-17-2021, 10:28 PM
Just noticed again that certain players are NOT warming up with the others.

What did you mean by that? I couldn't see any of that on-site.

ManUtd4ever
07-17-2021, 10:32 PM
I was at the game tonight and I thought TFC was the superior team. And, man oh man, the feeling when Jozy scored :flare:

They deserved the three points. I was in the south end, so didn’t see the penalty, so can’t really comment on that. But TFC controlled most of the game and had most of the chances. I was saying to my dad that it is just stunning how badly Armas managed the team. They are capable of so much more than what he got out of them. You could see that tonight.

I am hopeful that we will see a lot more of the team we saw in the last two games. Even if they don’t make the playoffs (which I think they will if they keep playing like this), I will be happy to watch some better football at BMO Field.

Agreed.

KingLedley
07-18-2021, 12:05 AM
I was there tonight mostly in the 221-ish area and for 10 mins or so in the South End.
TFC played well, dominating in the 1st half to the point of wondering how much did those players detested the Armas tactics. They looked assured at the back and Soteldo looked like the real deal going forward. With the number of first responders to be there and huge gaps in the stands, I expected a quiet stadium .... but boy was I wrong.
And it just HAD to be Jozy to break the tie open. We should have had all three points. The boys are back, and it looks entertaining

Yohan
07-18-2021, 01:41 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TYvGsZniS8

ag futbol
07-18-2021, 07:36 AM
Missed the game but watched the extended highlights. Clearly the team plays better football under Perez and Armas has had no idea what he was doing. Players actually working together to link passes in the final third and no putting our defenders in exposed situations making them look far worse than they are.

Interplay between Solteldo and others was great. Between that and Pozuelo it gives teams a lot to chew on. I still think it might take some time to get the most out of this and that likely results in a much improved 2nd half of the season but one where we don’t make playoffs.

Team needs to make roster adjustments in all the obvious areas and to be honest we should consider moving out some of our prospects.

OgtheDim
07-18-2021, 07:38 AM
What did you mean by that? I couldn't see any of that on-site.

Usually, every bench player goes down the pitch to warm up. Both games, Perez doesn't send down guys who are unlikely to get on (keeper, 3rd choice in a position, etc). Last night, Peruzza & Okello sat with the backup keeper when Jozy et al were warming up.

ensco
07-18-2021, 08:08 AM
I thought Orlando did a pretty good job of “last man” defending, which is what you need to do against Yefe. The result was fair. We had more chances but they had excellent chances that they didn’t take. I don’t blame Auro as much as I blame Bono on the goal. Go get the ball! The Bono thing must be in the whole team's head. You can’t win if you think you are giving up a boneheaded goal per game.

Oh man Yefe. Remarkable display. Yefe needs Jozy out there. He needs an elite target man who knows where to be and what to do. But it was also a Chemistry lesson - Pozo was not clicking. Need to figure out how he fits with Yefe I think. He can’t be a true AM given what Yefe does. He is not quite sure of his role now and drifting to the wing is not the answer, I wonder if he might be better off as a false 9 directly receiving service from Yefe. Also his shooting especially seemed off, never put his foot through the ball. Oso another candidate for a false 9 type role. Whatever you call it, the player receiving the ball from Yefe at the edge of the box has to be capable of finding/creating a little something, making a quick move, and bam! converting… We will score 4 or 5 a game like 2018 Atlanta United if we figure that out.

Yuushalinsky
07-18-2021, 08:42 AM
If there's anything that we really need, it's a chant about the Killer O's:

Pozuelo, Soteldo, Endo(h), Osorio - throughout the season right now imo these have been four of our best players on both the attacking side and the defending side.

Yohan
07-18-2021, 08:55 AM
I thought Orlando did a pretty good job of “last man” defending, which is what you need to do against Yefe. The result was fair. We had more chances but they had excellent chances that they didn’t take. I don’t blame Auro as much as I blame Bono on the goal. Go get the ball! The Bono thing must be in the whole team's head. You can’t win if you think you are giving up a boneheaded goal per game.

Oh man Yefe. Remarkable display. Yefe needs Jozy out there. He needs an elite target man who knows where to be and what to do. But it was also a Chemistry lesson - Pozo was not clicking. Need to figure out how he fits with Yefe I think. He can’t be a true AM given what Yefe does. He is not quite sure of his role now and drifting to the wing is not the answer, I wonder if he might be better off as a false 9 directly receiving service from Yefe. Also his shooting especially seemed off, never put his foot through the ball. Oso another candidate for a false 9 type role. Whatever you call it, the player receiving the ball from Yefe at the edge of the box has to be capable of finding/creating a little something, making a quick move, and bam! converting… We will score 4 or 5 a game like 2018 Atlanta United if we figure that out.
Pozuelo needs a chat with Victor Vazquez to understand how a playmaker supports a guy like Soteldo/Giovinco

I didn't think Pozuelo had a horrible game, but he could have done a lot better getting himself involved.

But, not every game is going to be like Soteldo getting so many opportunities for 1v1 opportunities. Other teams will figure it out and double team Soteldo and try to mark him out of the game.
Which leaves space for other TFC players to exploit, and Pozuelo and Bradley the time to make those killer passes.

Richard
07-18-2021, 09:10 AM
A potential issue with Soteldo is him holding the ball too long, yes he can beat several players on the dribble but he needs to find a pass to an open teammate or take an early shoot.

Hopefully with Altidore being back it gives him more confidence to spread the ball around, than just Poz.

FootBallAZ
07-18-2021, 09:11 AM
You just make this stuff up lmao.

I was in section 206.
The trainer literally ran full speed than pulled up .

The one who was carrying the medical bag.

Even when he walks off at the end you could see him limping

I literally couldn't make this up.

If our own trainer gets hurt 10 steps onto the pitch .

Maybe it's time to re visit them

Richard
07-18-2021, 09:17 AM
I was in section 206.
The trainer literally ran full speed than pulled up .

The one who was carrying the medical bag.

Even when he walks off at the end you could see him limping

I literally couldn't make this up.

If our own trainer gets hurt 10 steps onto the pitch .

Maybe it's time to re visit them

Haha I wasn't doubting what you were saying. I miss typed and meant to say "cant make this stuff up."

Wonder if anyone got a video of it lol.

MightyDM
07-18-2021, 09:32 AM
Random observations:

Poz looks not fully fit. On TV at least he looked really gassed in the close ups

Nani is becoming dirty as he ages

Jozy has lost weight.

Perez has a lot of faith in Endoh. Interesting.

jloome
07-18-2021, 09:45 AM
Random observations:

Poz looks not fully fit..

He was heaving for air before his last free kick attempt. I wonder how much training outside in 30C whether has limited their cardio. At BMO they'd have been indoors on equipment.

I don't know what they had down there, but conditioning has looked an issue for us forever, I think.