PDA

View Full Version : When Do You Think You Will Feel Comfortable Going Back to BMO?

OgtheDim
07-09-2021, 01:55 PM
As the box says...

The option is now viable (assuming teams can get here & the logistics of operations can be worked out)

How do people feel about when they are willing to go?

Responses are anonymous

OgtheDim
07-09-2021, 02:03 PM
BTW, gonna say respect ALL decisions - these things are not easy.

This whole thing has been a series of personally tough decisions people have made & anybody deciding ASAP or not until next year or anything in between, respect to any decision.

jabbronies
07-09-2021, 02:21 PM
I said ASAP.

I feel more comfortable now and will be much less comfortable later on.
The longer we wait the closer we get to the next lockdown, meaning there would be more covid going around the closer we get to the fall.

Ultra & Proud
07-09-2021, 02:49 PM
I would have went to start the season there so I'm comfortable going but I won't bother buying tickets, doing a lottery, or any weird seat package things if that's the plan. When my membership kicks in, I go.

Auzzy
07-09-2021, 02:52 PM
I can't answer the poll as is; it depends on a couple of things.

Vaccination news is great, about what I expected by August, which was always my estimate for limited capacity being allowed at BMO. I would normally be comfortable with returning by then. Case numbers also look great. ICU numbers still at levels (above 150) where some other health care services are negatively impacted, and if you look at the daily stats a large portion of COVID cases leaving the ICU nowadays are in body bags rather than getting better. (And many of those are in my age group.) But ICU and overall health care load definitely improving as well.

Unfortunately the Ontario (and many other Cdn) announcements so far don't mention anything about vaccination requirements for fans. Manitoba and Quebec are implementing vaccine passes, but not a peep from Ontario. That surprises & disappointments me, and makes me uncomfortable. It's catering to an extremist minority; polls show the vast majority of Canadians support vaccine passes and related rules for relaxing or imposing of restrictions. Plus the hints that they may drop all mask mandates by September, and apparently no significant plans for school improvements.

So for me it will really depend on:
- What TFC might announce RE vaccination, spacing of fans around the stadium, any other safety rules. (I've seen some MLS stadiums spaced out quite well; while others have huge crowds in some areas and totally empty elsewhere.)
- How the vaccination campaign continues in Ontario.
- How Delta, other variants and overall caseload develop.

Maybe I'll watch the first game with fans from home, and get a feel for how things are handled and how others are acting. If things look OK overall, I'll attend starting August with a certified N95 mask. If things don't look great overall, maybe I'll wait until next year and reconsider. BTW I'll handle many other risky activities the same way, like indoor dining, gyms, events, etc. I'm ready to spend a ton of money to help things recover, if businesses and the government make me feel comfortable. Otherwise I'm fine with continuing to spend money on takeout, charity and safe outdoor activities instead.

I did have high hopes for Kieran Moore, so perhaps I'm just worrying too much, and I'll be happy to adjust my views if things go well.

Cuppy
07-09-2021, 03:05 PM
Get me in the gate ASAP

Joe Kool
07-09-2021, 03:45 PM
For me not immediately but will take it month by month as I see what happens in the T-dot with this COVID stuff. There was no "wait and see" option in the poll so I didn't pick anything. I have an immune compromised person I live with so we were isolating even when we were not having to in order to be extra cautious. Will keep the safety first approach going forward.

leedsandTFC
07-09-2021, 04:16 PM
i live alone and have been double vaxxed for 3 weeks so would be very comfortable going asap

rocktml
07-09-2021, 06:08 PM
ASAP. I would’ve felt comfortable going back last year

613reppingTFC
07-09-2021, 07:47 PM
I did have high hopes for Kieran Moore, so perhaps I'm just worrying too much, and I'll be happy to adjust my views if things go well.

He has done an excellent job here In Kingston so I have no doubt he should do good in his new role. I totally get your view of things from everything you've mentioned. Since I'm coming from Kingston, I'll probably wait a bit and see what's going on before heading down to watch any games.

Red CB Toronto
07-09-2021, 09:30 PM
I can't answer the poll as is; it depends on a couple of things.

Vaccination news is great, about what I expected by August, which was always my estimate for limited capacity being allowed at BMO. I would normally be comfortable with returning by then. Case numbers also look great. ICU numbers still at levels (above 150) where some other health care services are negatively impacted, and if you look at the daily stats a large portion of COVID cases leaving the ICU nowadays are in body bags rather than getting better. (And many of those are in my age group.) But ICU and overall health care load definitely improving as well.

Unfortunately the Ontario (and many other Cdn) announcements so far don't mention anything about vaccination requirements for fans. Manitoba and Quebec are implementing vaccine passes, but not a peep from Ontario. That surprises & disappointments me, and makes me uncomfortable. It's catering to an extremist minority; polls show the vast majority of Canadians support vaccine passes and related rules for relaxing or imposing of restrictions. Plus the hints that they may drop all mask mandates by September, and apparently no significant plans for school improvements.

So for me it will really depend on:
- What TFC might announce RE vaccination, spacing of fans around the stadium, any other safety rules. (I've seen some MLS stadiums spaced out quite well; while others have huge crowds in some areas and totally empty elsewhere.)
- How the vaccination campaign continues in Ontario.
- How Delta, other variants and overall caseload develop.

Maybe I'll watch the first game with fans from home, and get a feel for how things are handled and how others are acting. If things look OK overall, I'll attend starting August with a certified N95 mask. If things don't look great overall, maybe I'll wait until next year and reconsider. BTW I'll handle many other risky activities the same way, like indoor dining, gyms, events, etc. I'm ready to spend a ton of money to help things recover, if businesses and the government make me feel comfortable. Otherwise I'm fine with continuing to spend money on takeout, charity and safe outdoor activities instead.

I am very comfortable with going back. I have my two shots and will wear a mask foe peace of mind. I think being fully vaccinated will be a requirement. I have my official ministry of heath vaccination record saved on my phone. I figure short of a OHIP style card we will have to print out our record and shot it for entry. At least I hope this is what is done.

The fact is many sporting events in the US are packed to the rafters with no consideration of being vaccinated as in some places the governors have made it illegal for anyone to ask if someone has had their shots. New York is the only state with a voluntary passport program thats being used to re-open Broadway. So I do expect more out of our country and the provinces.

ensco
07-09-2021, 09:41 PM
Playoffs. Not worth it otherwise.

But I might change my mind. I dunno.

reggie
07-09-2021, 09:44 PM
im ready...got my 2 shots,i will wear a mask,i will not use the go train tunnel
been going from day 1 win or lose..

Yuushalinsky
07-10-2021, 08:59 AM
absolutely ready to go

Canary10
07-10-2021, 09:05 AM
At least not until I can get in for a haircut which is still 2 weeks away.

Derko
07-10-2021, 03:51 PM

Okay I agree with getting a haircut, but am growing out the beard for Father Christmas to visit my grandson Leif:drinking:

SPALE
07-10-2021, 04:50 PM
100% comfortable. First game they let me in I’m there

Ultra & Proud
07-10-2021, 08:20 PM

The hair salons and barbers have already been open more than a week.

annie
07-11-2021, 08:13 AM
Honestly...not sure. It depends on so many things.
Firstly I’d want MLSE to be completely transparent about how this would work in terms of seating...I would want us to be well spaced out throughout the whole stadium. I do not want to get there and find out we’re all crammed into a few sections so that they don’t have to hire as many staff. Would also want all washrooms to open. Would also want them to be clear on how they’re going to handle food and drinks etc.

Secondly, I’d want MLSE to be completely clear on who is allowed i.e. if we have to be fully vaccinated? If we do what proof is required? I don’t want to get down to BMO and be turned away because I don’t have correct proof.

Thirdly have MLSE appropriately co-ordinated with transit authorities ... I don’t think GoTransit is back to running at their full capacity and they use to run extra trains after the matches before.

Lastly, if they open it up at BMO and we don’t feel comfortable attending because of how it is being handled how does this affect our prepaid tickets - would we still be charged for them or would we get credit towards next years season seat package.

We should know all this and more before we decide to head down.

I’m excited that we’re now getting back to more normal activities but I need to be safe - I’m a designated caregiver to a 94 year old so I need to be super careful.

Ponderosa
07-11-2021, 10:39 AM
Honestly...not sure. It depends on so many things.
Firstly I’d want MLSE to be completely transparent about how this would work in terms of seating...I would want us to be well spaced out throughout the whole stadium. I do not want to get there and find out we’re all crammed into a few sections so that they don’t have to hire as many staff. Would also want all washrooms to open. Would also want them to be clear on how they’re going to handle food and drinks etc.

Secondly, I’d want MLSE to be completely clear on who is allowed i.e. if we have to be fully vaccinated? If we do what proof is required? I don’t want to get down to BMO and be turned away because I don’t have correct proof.

Thirdly have MLSE appropriately co-ordinated with transit authorities ... I don’t think GoTransit is back to running at their full capacity and they use to run extra trains after the matches before.

Lastly, if they open it up at BMO and we don’t feel comfortable attending because of how it is being handled how does this affect our prepaid tickets - would we still be charged for them or would we get credit towards next years season seat package.

We should know all this and more before we decide to head down.

I’m excited that we’re now getting back to more normal activities but I need to be safe - I’m a designated caregiver to a 94 year old so I need to be super careful.

All of this...in a nutshell transparency and clear information.

IMO I'm doubled vax'd and if someone is in the stands near me who isn't - I feel the greater risk is on them - not me. I'd like to return as soon as possible and enjoy a little bit of normalcy bc I feel if we wait we're going to hit 4 Wave - and we'll be shut down again in late fall/winter. If we're vax'd and still masking and distancing - I can't see any clear reason to stay secluded and isolated unless we start seeing upwards trends.

Canary10
07-11-2021, 08:34 PM

I’m aware but what kind of hack are you going to if you got an appointment so soon after 8 months? :)

Smokecell
07-12-2021, 09:13 AM
Looks like Saturday is a go - will be announced in the PM. :flare:

Oldtimer
07-12-2021, 09:13 AM

I’m aware but what kind of hack are you going to if you got an appointment so soon after 8 months? :)

Mine's in a mall and the malls aren't open yet. I hope to get in sometime in mid to late August. I've got very short hair so there's not that much difference between a home cut and a barber cut, so I don't mind waiting.

As far as attending BMO, I want to see how things go for a few weeks first, unless they go with some kind of vaccine passport. I'm fully vaccinated, so risk of death or hospitalization is very low, but I still would prefer not to get sick as I have asthma.

Ultra & Proud
07-12-2021, 09:20 AM
I'm fully vaccinated, so risk of death or hospitalization is very low, but I still would prefer not to get sick as I have asthma.

Some reports saying that this may no longer be the case. Lower than not having the shot but still not "low" depending on what you'd like low to mean. There's a decent amount of fully vaxxed folks in ICUs now. Reporting is just shoddy.

Initial B
07-12-2021, 09:26 AM
I said August, because by that point I'll be fully vaccinated. g:D

Oldtimer
07-12-2021, 09:26 AM
Some reports saying that this may no longer be the case. Lower than not having the shot but still not "low" depending on what you'd like low to mean. There's a decent amount of fully vaxxed folks in ICUs now. Reporting is just shoddy.

They need to report on who is fully vaccinated and is still getting the Delta variant. Is it seniors over 80 (who generally have poor immunity)? Is it the immunocompromised? Is it people my age? I wish I knew.

jabbronies
07-12-2021, 09:53 AM
So what's the situation with tickets for this Saturday? Are they having fans for the match? Is it just supporters groups?

JoesphNdo
07-12-2021, 10:03 AM

I don't know the reports you've seen but all the data from large sample countries, like the UK and US, are showing even one shot of MRNA is over 90% effective against serious symptoms (And that includes the delta variant). You can see it here https://khub.net/documents/135939561/479607266/Effectiveness+of+COVID-19+vaccines+against+hospital+admission+with+the+De lta+%28B.1.617.2%29+variant.pdf/1c213463-3997-ed16-2a6f-14e5deb0b997?t=1623689315431 but this is basically universal anywhere with a large enough sample to measure it

OgtheDim
07-12-2021, 10:11 AM
So what's the situation with tickets for this Saturday? Are they having fans for the match? Is it just supporters groups?

No announcement yet

This will be the first large outside sporting event held in Toronto since Covid started & only the second one at all (Leafs game) & the first one, in theory, that is not just HCW. There might be concerns raised in the public about whether this is a good idea.

Smokecell
07-12-2021, 10:35 AM
Press availability is set for 12:30PM for those interested to hear more. No indication if it will be made available online or just for the journos. Would make sense to have this public facing given what the end game is but who really knows.

Ultra & Proud
07-12-2021, 10:35 AM
I don't know the reports you've seen but all the data from large sample countries, like the UK and US, are showing even one shot of MRNA is over 90% effective against serious symptoms (And that includes the delta variant). You can see it here https://khub.net/documents/135939561/479607266/Effectiveness+of+COVID-19+vaccines+against+hospital+admission+with+the+De lta+%28B.1.617.2%29+variant.pdf/1c213463-3997-ed16-2a6f-14e5deb0b997?t=1623689315431 but this is basically universal anywhere with a large enough sample to measure it
Israel putting the Pfizer at about 64% efficacy on the Delta variant and the Lambda variant is too new to judge yet but this is the reasoning behind Pfizer requesting a booster to be allowed under the emergency use act. It's all hard to say right now as we're basically doing phase 3 trials live now. Time will tell.

JoesphNdo
07-12-2021, 10:45 AM
Israel putting the Pfizer at about 64% efficacy on the Delta variant and the Lambda variant is too new to judge yet but this is the reasoning behind Pfizer requesting a booster to be allowed under the emergency use act. It's all hard to say right now as we're basically doing phase 3 trials live now. Time will tell.

Is that efficacy against infection or hospitalization? The latter is way more important. There's also another pretty key reason behind Pfizer requesting a booster shot and that's $$$. While it may ne necessary, and if so let's do it, I would take their recommendation of "give us lots more money" as pretty predictable either way

Smokecell
07-12-2021, 10:49 AM
Is that efficacy against infection or hospitalization? The latter is way more important. There's also another pretty key reason behind Pfizer requesting a booster shot and that's $$$. While it may ne necessary, and if so let's do it, I would take their recommendation of "give us lots more money" as pretty predictable either way

I was going to echo this...it did seem like trying to squeeze maximum juice from the grape.

OgtheDim
07-12-2021, 12:01 PM
Press availability is set for 12:30PM for those interested to hear more. No indication if it will be made available online or just for the journos. Would make sense to have this public facing given what the end game is but who really knows.

Seems that was just the Jozy presser

Smokecell
07-12-2021, 12:20 PM
^^^Interesting...wonder if there was a last minute hiccup. The journos definitely received a communication this AM regarding a return to BMO. I think it was WTR who mentioned the 12:30 slot.

Canary10
07-12-2021, 12:37 PM
^^^Interesting...wonder if there was a last minute hiccup. The journos definitely received a communication this AM regarding a return to BMO. I think it was WTR who mentioned the 12:30 slot.

Did they? I saw lots of tweets referring to news coming later today, but didn't see anyone directly say it was BMO-related. Seemed people were jumping to that conclusion, understandably since Manning said it was coming today. I don't understand what our management is doing with communications. Is a BMO announcement still to come, if so why wasn't it part of the Jozy news earlier? What the eff is going on?

Ultra & Proud
07-12-2021, 12:52 PM
I am not sure they could figure out how to ticket this fast. A normal FO could do it but I think ours will need at least 2 weeks.

I say this weekend will be healthcare workers or something like that.

JoesphNdo
07-12-2021, 12:53 PM
Did they? I saw lots of tweets referring to news coming later today, but didn't see anyone directly say it was BMO-related. Seemed people were jumping to that conclusion, understandably since Manning said it was coming today. I don't understand what our management is doing with communications. Is a BMO announcement still to come, if so why wasn't it part of the Jozy news earlier? What the eff is going on?

While not explicit, this is...well, pretty explicit (At least about the game happening, not necessarily about an announcement today) https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967

(https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967)

OgtheDim
07-12-2021, 12:55 PM
Some spec based on watching Queens Park over the last year

MLSE are dealing with a provincial government that doesn't do ANYTHING of note on a Monday, ever. Like, getting the province to a meeting today would be difficult, let alone on the weekend. The last time they tried to do something of note on a Friday, we got a bit of a feces show related to stage 3 lockdown parameters (that was the "you can't take your kids to a park" weekend). These people tend to take Monday to answer emails, not to have meetings.

As for Rollilns, burnt me too many times quoting him - remember his tweet saying the temp coach would be the guy doing TFCII.

Canary10
07-12-2021, 01:04 PM
While not explicit, this is...well, pretty explicit (At least about the game happening, not necessarily about an announcement today) https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967

(https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1414582022463528967)

Yeah, hard to trust Rollins after the interim manager thing. Speaking of which, isn't the permanent interim supposed to be named today also? Did I miss that?

In fairness, as Og, said above, there might be some provincial and federal ducks to line up with a BMO announcement and that would likely be out of their control.

OgtheDim
07-12-2021, 01:29 PM
... Speaking of which, isn't the permanent interim supposed to be named today also? Did I miss that?

More and more looking like that whole discussion was a Curtis talking out of turn moment. Which is why I'm glad Manning is the one behind the BMO opening.

Red CB Toronto
07-12-2021, 03:14 PM
Some spec based on watching Queens Park over the last year

MLSE are dealing with a provincial government that doesn't do ANYTHING of note on a Monday, ever. Like, getting the province to a meeting today would be difficult, let alone on the weekend. The last time they tried to do something of note on a Friday, we got a bit of a feces show related to stage 3 lockdown parameters (that was the "you can't take your kids to a park" weekend). These people tend to take Monday to answer emails, not to have meetings.

As for Rollilns, burnt me too many times quoting him - remember his tweet saying the temp coach would be the guy doing TFCII.

At this point this all in the hands of the feds and getting the opponents across the border. The stages pretty much layout the provincial protocols for reopening and stage 3 begins Friday. There have already been ticketed sporting events in Ontario over the last weeks.

I am also sure logistics are involved in if the game can be open to the public this weekend. Recalling and getting staff in place. There has been some suggestion that Montreal may be closed door this weekend. Have we heard anything about the Jays proposed July 30th startup at the dome yet?

Red CB Toronto
07-12-2021, 03:42 PM
Just got word that staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday. Ushers , ticket takers etc

noxx98
07-12-2021, 03:45 PM
At this point this all in the hands of the feds and getting the opponents across the border. The stages pretty much layout the provincial protocols for reopening and stage 3 begins Friday. There have already been ticketed sporting events in Ontario over the last weeks.

I am also sure logistics are involved in if the game can be open to the public this weekend. Recalling and getting staff in place. There has been some suggestion that Montreal may be closed door this weekend. Have we heard anything about the Jays proposed July 30th startup at the dome yet?
I saw a tweet last week that Aramark (who does concessions at Rogers Centre) was starting to reach out to staff/former staff about their interest in returning to work at Rogers Centre. Probably takes a bit of logistics to get everyone re-hired, onboarded, COVID trained, etc. Depends how much the team has been working in the background to get people back to work, but wouldn't surprise me if they take an extra bit of time to get everyone hired and coordinated.

Red CB Toronto
07-12-2021, 04:26 PM
I saw a tweet last week that Aramark (who does concessions at Rogers Centre) was starting to reach out to staff/former staff about their interest in returning to work at Rogers Centre. Probably takes a bit of logistics to get everyone re-hired, onboarded, COVID trained, etc. Depends how much the team has been working in the background to get people back to work, but wouldn't surprise me if they take an extra bit of time to get everyone hired and coordinated.

Just got word that the BMO Field game day staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday.

leedsandTFC
07-12-2021, 06:29 PM
Just got word that the BMO Field game day staff have been asked to sign up for a shift on Saturday.

staff as in people selling drinks food or staff just needed for behind closed door game?

YYZ_Fan
07-12-2021, 10:07 PM
Season ticket holder since 2011 in 110. Not a paying RPB member. I know it’s going to be tough to fairly distribute tickets but I hope I get a chance to buy tickets for this Saturday.

OgtheDim
07-12-2021, 10:09 PM
Anybody on TFC twitter knows now information on next steps has gone out to supporters groups. Make of that as you will. Past experience indicates that some information will flow tomorrow, most likely to all SSH.

Red CB Toronto
07-12-2021, 11:05 PM
staff as in people selling drinks food or staff just needed for behind closed door game?

ushers, ticket takers etc were asked to sign up for a Saturday shift , so all is moving ahead that fans will be in the stands from a planning standpoint until the federal government tells you otherwise. Once they do everything else falls into place.

Ultra & Proud
07-13-2021, 09:42 AM

Not sure they'll allow any of that. I assume they won't want beer sales especially or even food because it means no masks for a bit. Maybe in beer garden but not in seated areas.

JoesphNdo
07-13-2021, 10:04 AM
Season ticket holder since 2011 in 110. Not a paying RPB member. I know it’s going to be tough to fairly distribute tickets but I hope I get a chance to buy tickets for this Saturday.

With 15,000 spots open I think we'll be safe. Season tickets at their prime were said to be around 20,000. Have to assume that number has dropped with team performance, and certain % beyond that would have opted for full refunds on their seasons. So the total number of people who have season tickets fully paid upto now AND are in Toronto AND have no hesitancy about jumping into a crowd that size is probably south of 15,000

jabbronies
07-13-2021, 10:29 AM
With 15,000 spots open I think we'll be safe. Season tickets at their prime were said to be around 20,000. Have to assume that number has dropped with team performance, and certain % beyond that would have opted for full refunds on their seasons. So the total number of people who have season tickets fully paid upto now AND are in Toronto AND have no hesitancy about jumping into a crowd that size is probably south of 15,000

my thoughts exactly. I expected supporters who are SSH to get first dibs at tickets. Makes sense.

I just hope that TFC isn't giving supporters who are not SSH a shot at tickets. That would be a slap in the face IMO

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 11:12 AM
Not sure they'll allow any of that. I assume they won't want beer sales especially or even food because it means no masks for a bit. Maybe in beer garden but not in seated areas.

was mainly asking about whether fans were going to be allowed or not

andre99
07-13-2021, 11:40 AM
If they do decide to sell tickets for this game, I will definitely be looking for a couple of tickets myself (for anyone who cant or doesnt want to go but can still get tickets)

Smokecell
07-13-2021, 12:23 PM
Surely there has to be some sort of deadline to inform broadcast partners and Orlando City...

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 12:37 PM
Surely there has to be some sort of deadline to inform broadcast partners and Orlando City...

and for fans making potential plans too...

i think we'll hear tonight one way or another...

Ultra & Proud
07-13-2021, 12:37 PM
was mainly asking about whether fans were going to be allowed or not
All signs point to yes but how many and who is the question.

Canary10
07-13-2021, 01:08 PM

They would have to have worked on this for some time with the feds. It feels last minute now, four days before game day, but the background work would have been some time in the making. I really feel for the people in the club making this work. It's challenging logistical stuff, especially when a government is involved. The back office staff are really earning their pay this week.

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2021, 01:38 PM
They would have to have worked on this for some time with the feds. It feels last minute now, four days before game day, but the background work would have been some time in the making. I really feel for the people in the club making this work. It's challenging logistical stuff, especially when a government is involved. The back office staff are really earning their pay this week.

I wonder if this effort goes beyond Bill Manning, does it involve people on the government relations side of things for Bell and Rogers, who are well versed in dealing with the various levels of government?

Canary10
07-13-2021, 02:00 PM
I wonder if this effort goes beyond Bill Manning, does it involve people on the government relations side of things for Bell and Rogers, who are well versed in dealing with the various levels of government?

I wouldn't be surprised. And the Blue Jays represented through Rogers too.

Bushmancan
07-13-2021, 02:58 PM
my thoughts exactly. I expected supporters who are SSH to get first dibs at tickets. Makes sense.

I just hope that TFC isn't giving supporters who are not SSH a shot at tickets. That would be a slap in the face IMO

I would be surprised if it wasn't already done with fully vaccinated First Responders. It would be a touch of glass to add Frontline Workers who were fully vaccinated as well.

EDIT - I stand corrected as usual 0-15,000, it is us as well.

OgtheDim
07-13-2021, 04:28 PM
If you are a RPB member, might I unofficially but strongly suggest you get your ass into the member's lounge to read important info there & respond as requested.

The information there is applying to NOT just this one game.

andre99
07-13-2021, 04:56 PM
If you are a RPB member, might I unofficially but strongly suggest you get your ass into the member's lounge to read important info there & respond as requested.

The information there is applying to NOT just this one game.

OooooooOooOooo spill the beans!

OgtheDim
07-13-2021, 05:30 PM
OooooooOooOooo spill the beans!

Nah....membership has its privileges - that & this isn't all that breaking & will all come out soon enough. :)

Enough info to be worth going to read it if you have membership.

reggie
07-13-2021, 05:41 PM
why do supporters groups get the info before regular SSH do regarding saturday?

andre99
07-13-2021, 07:23 PM
Nah....membership has its privileges - that & this isn't all that breaking & will all come out soon enough. :)

Enough info to be worth going to read it if you have membership.

Ok. Fingers crossed!

OgtheDim
07-13-2021, 07:31 PM
I would point out that if anybody knows anything about the TFC supporters groups its this - if MLSE was doing something extremely stupid, you all would know by now something stupid was up because somebody would be spilling those beans somewhere on social media.

I would also point out that although I understand why some people don't want to join a supporters group, the representation & work by the leadership of RPB is, IMHO, worth the membership fee. As you can tell by my location, you don't have to be in the south end to be an RPB. Again, I understand why some wouldn't join - past history, other loyalties, against the concept. And some others might want to consider.

MikeForbes
07-13-2021, 07:35 PM
They gonna announce this anytime soon? Saturday is creeping closer.

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 07:50 PM
They gonna announce this anytime soon? Saturday is creeping closer.

it's showing that the feds just dgaf about any sport but hockey.

should be a no brainer to allow a team of fully vaccinated players in to play a game outdoors, especially since far less vaccinated american hockey teams have been playing in canada **indoors** for weeks.

MikeForbes
07-13-2021, 08:16 PM

should be a no brainer to allow a team of fully vaccinated players in to play a game outdoors, especially since far less vaccinated american hockey teams have been playing in canada **indoors** for weeks.

That got approved in a big hurry too. Gonna be ridiculous if the government decides to decline this proposal after allowing NHL teams to travel in with exemptions a month earlier.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 09:18 PM

That got approved in a big hurry too. Gonna be ridiculous if the government decides to decline this proposal after allowing NHL teams to travel in with exemptions a month earlier.

You gotta realize lots of things are connected. Ontario seems OK with the current sports teams proposals (AFAIK), but they were the biggest opponents to any general border opening in the last few months. I haven't heard Ontario change their opinion on general border opening yet, at least not publicly. But if the feds allow sports teams back and forth frequently w/o quarantine, you just know tourism and others that want to cross the border and are already screaming, will scream even louder.

Also things getting decided on a one-off for a couple of NHL playoff games, when you can have tight protocols for a short time, are different from opening up leagues for the rest of the season. And you know that they'll all want to be treated the same. In fact "no brainer to allow a team of fully vaccinated players in to play" is not a no-brainer at all, as it's not clear that US MLS teams are fully vaccinated. It's also not clear that MLS rules will allow certain players or staff to be excluded from US-based teams when they play in Canada, based on their vaccination status.

Next, MLB will want to play in Canada if MLS is allowed. There are significant pockets of anti-vaxers in MLB. Not sure if you saw the Blue Jays proposal: they want a "modified quarantine" for both local and visiting players & staff that are not fully vaccinated. Not sure how that is supposed to work especially if any Blue Jays players or staff are not vaccinated: are they supposed to stay in modified quarantine for the rest of the season while in Toronto?

Probably some other leagues and sports are also lobbying and negotiating. They will need to look at that all together. Next after that: will tourism or other industries also demand "modified quarantine" for anti-vaxers that want to cross the border?

Hopefully there will be a decision for TFC in the near future. But let's not pretend that this is super easy. And let's realize that whatever is decided or not decided, a bunch of people will scream about it. And every level of government is happy if another level of government takes the heat for that.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 09:47 PM
Now for some good news: 91% of Torontonians age 18 - 24 have at least one dose of vaccine. Holy F, more than any other age group! (2nd doses aren't shown for this age group in the following graph, for some reason. But you can bet they're all trying to get 2nd shots ASAP, if they don't already have them.) That should be the only age group allowed in as fans for now, and with free tickets LOL. Provide some incentive to the other age groups. :D

https://twitter.com/joe_cressy/status/1414670263040450561

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2021, 09:51 PM
The Canadian government is well within their right to demand that a foreign national entering Canada has to be vaccinated and the onus is on them to prove it. They can get their records for it from the county where they got their shots. Someone who has both shots is totally able to prove they have got them and lets be serious flashing a CDC card will not suffice to say the least. In terms of MLS rules would Canadian federal health policy trump those when it comes to if an unvaccinated player on a US based team can play or not when they play in Canada. Entering the country is a privilege and I am sure MLS knows that.

The main thing holding up any return to BMO right now is getting the opposing team across the border and thats something domestic leagues like the CFL and CPL do not have to face. They for the most part had to deal with things on the provincial governments to get back on the field. The only thing the CFL had to do from a federal standpoint was agreeing to a quarantine plan for getting the US players across the border in time for training camp which opened on July 10th. Both the CFL an CPL will be playing in their home markets by the end of July early August.

When it comes to opening up the border overall even in stages, I really feel for those in the business of tourism who are seeing there summer opportunities disappearing, it will be interesting to see what the banter is in the days leading up to July 21st when the decision of keeping the border open or closed will be made. Maybe we will see some changes. To be honest in a large setting like a sporting event distancing is more important to that if someone near me has had their shots or not. In my mind anyone wading into a crowd without having a shot at this point is stupid, simple as that. Is seeing your team win, really worth the risk, I think not.

You gotta realize lots of things are connected. Ontario seems OK with the current sports teams proposals (AFAIK), but they were the biggest opponents to any general border opening in the last few months. I haven't heard Ontario change their opinion on general border opening yet, at least not publicly. But if the feds allow sports teams back and forth frequently w/o quarantine, you just know tourism and others that want to cross the border and are already screaming, will scream even louder.

Also things getting decided on a one-off for a couple of NHL playoff games, when you can have tight protocols for a short time, are different from opening up leagues for the rest of the season. And you know that they'll all want to be treated the same. In fact "no brainer to allow a team of fully vaccinated players in to play" is not a no-brainer at all, as it's not clear that US MLS teams are fully vaccinated. It's also not clear that MLS rules will allow certain players or staff to be excluded from US-based teams when they play in Canada, based on their vaccination status.

Next, MLB will want to play in Canada if MLS is allowed. There are significant pockets of anti-vaxers in MLB. Not sure if you saw the Blue Jays proposal: they want a "modified quarantine" for both local and visiting players & staff that are not fully vaccinated. Not sure how that is supposed to work especially if any Blue Jays players or staff are not vaccinated: are they supposed to stay in modified quarantine for the rest of the season while in Toronto?

Probably some other leagues and sports are also lobbying and negotiating. They will need to look at that all together. Next after that: will tourism or other industries also demand "modified quarantine" for anti-vaxers that want to cross the border?

Hopefully there will be a decision for TFC in the near future. But let's not pretend that this is super easy. And let's realize that whatever is decided or not decided, a bunch of people will scream about it. And every level of government is happy if another level of government takes the heat for that.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 09:56 PM
The Canadian government is well within their right to demand that a foreign national entering Canada has to be vaccinated and the onus is on them to prove it. They can get their records for it from the county where they got their shots. Someone who has both shots is totally able to prove they have got them and lets be serious flashing a CDC card will not suffice to say the least. In terms of MLS rules would Canadian federal health policy trump those when it comes to if an unvaccinated player on a US based team can play or not when they play in Canada. Entering the country is a privilege and I am sure MLS knows that.

But what if MLS competition rules don't allow excluding those players? (What if MLS says, TFC has to play "home games" vs. any US team with unvaccinated players in the US?) With MLB trying to bypass the vaccination restriction, there's a good chance this is an issue.

noxx98
07-13-2021, 09:59 PM
Now for some good news: 91% of Torontonians age 18 - 24 have at least one dose of vaccine. Holy F, more than any other age group! (2nd doses aren't shown for this age group in the following graph, for some reason. But you can bet they're all trying to get 2nd shots ASAP, if they don't already have them.) That should be the only age group allowed in as fans for now, and with free tickets LOL. Provide some incentive to the other age groups. :D

The data shown by the City of Toronto is quite different than the Provincial data. The Provincial data has Toronto 18-29 at 65% single vaxed. https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/data-and-analysis/infectious-disease/covid-19-data-surveillance/covid-19-data-tool?tab=vaccine
I saw some Twitter discussions that suggested it could be how Toronto treats people who may have multiple places of residence. For example, a university student who lives in Toronto but also has their health card address associated with their parent's house in Peel. If this individual gets vaccinated in Toronto would they count as a Toronto resident or a Peel resident in the official statistics? Toronto could count them, but would need to increase the total number of people in that age bracket. Similarly, Peel would need to remove them from their population.

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2021, 10:02 PM
Come down hard on the unvaccinated as the French government has and you will see the toon change for many. The feds and provincial governments in this country should really take a run at the anti vax crowd for the greater good.

https://twitter.com/EdTubb/status/1414953782190956548

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 10:06 PM

"opening up leagues for the rest of the season" is not what is being proposed at all, though.

clearly they can decline entry for visiting teams if covid situation deteriorates later in the summer/ fall, it's a fluid situation that is constantly changing.

as it is, with incredibly low and declining case counts in toronto and MLS fully vaxx rates at 95%, there is no justification for refusing this specific proposal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/mls-approaching-95-percent-of-players-being-vaccinated-against-covid-19/ar-AALYEEf?li=BB15ms5q

"It's also not clear that MLS rules will allow certain players or staff to be excluded from US-based teams when they play in Canada, based on their vaccination status."

this also is probably false, based on the fact that Bill Manning said publicly that nick deleon wouldn't be playing in away games from this point on.

MLB is again, a completely different situation where the venue is indoors when it rains, and irrelevant to this proposal.

Let's be real here and acknowledge that if soccer was the dominant sport in canada, not hockey, this proposal would have been accepted in a day.

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2021, 10:08 PM
But what if MLS competition rules don't allow excluding those players? (What if MLS says, TFC has to play "home games" vs. any US team with unvaccinated players in the US?) With MLB trying to bypass the vaccination restriction, there's a good chance this is an issue.

I totally see what you mean now, it will be interesting to see if this issue does come to light. Would teams and the league make it an issue if its only 1-2 players on a team, we shall see. I guess if a team is full of antivaxers they could raise a stink, but if thats the case they have more problems that just this in my eyes moving forward. It certainly something to keep an eye on.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 10:09 PM
The data shown by the City of Toronto is quite different than the Provincial data. The Provincial data has Toronto 18-29 at 65% single vaxed. https://www.publichealthontario.ca/en/data-and-analysis/infectious-disease/covid-19-data-surveillance/covid-19-data-tool?tab=vaccine
I saw some Twitter discussions that suggested it could be how Toronto treats people who may have multiple places of residence. For example, a university student who lives in Toronto but also has their health card address associated with their parent's house in Peel. If this individual gets vaccinated in Toronto would they count as a Toronto resident or a Peel resident in the official statistics? Toronto could count them, but would need to increase the total number of people in that age bracket. Similarly, Peel would need to remove them from their population.

Interesting. And scary if the different agencies are so clued out. But wouldn't this be a general issue then? For example, a ton of health care workers living outside of Toronto were vaccinated in the city. I was told the stats always go by the OHIP address.

Red CB Toronto
07-13-2021, 10:19 PM
Interesting. And scary if the different agencies are so clued out. But wouldn't this be a general issue then? For example, a ton of health care workers living outside of Toronto were vaccinated in the city. I was told the stats always go by the OHIP address.

Some PHU's still include probable cases in their local numbers each day and the province weeds them out. My uncle lives in Ottawa, got his first shot in Kingston and second in Petawawa , two different PHUs than where he lives, so is he counted by Ottawa, I am not sure? Plus we still have the issue of getting those who were vaccinated abroad acknowledged. Toronto Public Health has setup their own process for getting your vaccination recorded locally but are those being acknowledged provincially now? I do not know if all the PHU's in Ontario are setup to do this. Lots of snowbirds, travellers did get their shots south so Ontario's vaccination numbers could be higher.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 10:20 PM
"opening up leagues for the rest of the season" is not what is being proposed at all, though.

clearly they can decline entry for visiting teams if covid situation deteriorates later in the summer/ fall, it's a fluid situation that is constantly changing.

as it is, with incredibly low and declining case counts in toronto and MLS fully vaxx rates at 95%, there is no justification for refusing this specific proposal.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/more-sports/mls-approaching-95-percent-of-players-being-vaccinated-against-covid-19/ar-AALYEEf?li=BB15ms5q

"It's also not clear that MLS rules will allow certain players or staff to be excluded from US-based teams when they play in Canada, based on their vaccination status."

this also is probably false, based on the fact that Bill Manning said publicly that nick deleon wouldn't be playing in away games from this point on.

MLB is again, a completely different situation where the venue is indoors when it rains, and irrelevant to this proposal.

Let's be real here and acknowledge that if soccer was the dominant sport in canada, not hockey, this proposal would have been accepted in a day.

First of all, all of the leagues are asking for the rest of the season. Of course thing can change again. But that's what they're asking to approve.

Next: Nick DeLeon is on a Canadian team affected by Canadian border rules, playing in a primarily US league. And 95% isn't 100%. What if the top scorer of a US-based MLS team isn't vaccinated? You have no idea if MLS rules would allow him to be excluded from a game played in Canada.

Indoors/outdoors is primarily a provincial health policy thing, not a federal border or quarantine issue. (Plus Ontario is allowing indoor sports leagues at the same time, with modified restrictions.)

And please do realize that other industries are watching this very closely; that MLB has much more clout in Canada than MLS (and will freak if they aren't allowed at the same time as MLS); that the NBA & NHL are also watching this closely for the next seasons; and that Ontario has been very hypocritical in their stance on the border which makes this a complicated issue politically.

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 10:31 PM
First of all, all of the leagues are asking for the rest of the season. Of course thing can change again. But that's what they're asking to approve.

Next: Nick DeLeon is on a Canadian team affected by Canadian border rules, playing in a primarily US league. And 95% isn't 100%. What if the top scorer of a US-based MLS team isn't vaccinated? You have no idea if MLS rules would allow him to be excluded from a game played in Canada.

Indoors/outdoors is primarily a provincial health policy thing, not a federal border or quarantine issue.

And please do realize that other industries are watching this very closely, and that Ontario has been very hypocritical in their stance on the border.

there are probably only about 40 unvaccinated players in the league based on these numbers, so the chances of that are fairly slim. but yes, i would expect the league to be even handed in their handling of this and not punish the canadian teams for government policy that is completely unrelated to them. teams are missing players for all sorts of reasons, unless the players that are lacking vaccination are all on one team, it shouldn't be an issue in regards to fielding a strong team.

if other industries want to allow 3 dozen fully vaccinated people who can prove this vaccination status to cross the border for 1 day then i would say they should probably get a green light too.

edit to say: what you're saying could be right, but i would like to believe that after the enormous disadvantage the canadian teams have played at for 18 months, they wouldn't deny us the ability to host games because 1 or 2 players per american team aren't vaccinated and can't cross border.

*league starting in october have absolutely no relation to what's going on now. the situation is changing so quickly, a decision in july will have no bearing on a completely different decision in mid october.

leedsandTFC
07-13-2021, 11:07 PM
there are probably only about 40 unvaccinated players in the league based on these numbers, so the chances of that are fairly slim. but yes, i would expect the league to be even handed in their handling of this and not punish the canadian teams for government policy that is completely unrelated to them. teams are missing players for all sorts of reasons, unless the players that are lacking vaccination are all on one team, it shouldn't be an issue in regards to fielding a strong team.

if other industries want to allow 3 dozen fully vaccinated people who can prove this vaccination status to cross the border for 1 day then i would say they should probably get a green light too.

edit to say: what you're saying could be right, but i would like to believe that after the enormous disadvantage the canadian teams have played at for 18 months, they wouldn't deny us the ability to host games because 1 or 2 players per american team aren't vaccinated and can't cross border.

*league starting in october have absolutely no relation to what's going on now. the situation is changing so quickly, a decision in july will have no bearing on a completely different decision in mid october.
anyways, let's agree to disagree.

Auzzy
07-13-2021, 11:42 PM
anyways, let's agree to disagree.

Cheers!

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 06:33 AM
Yeh, I think people may not be quite realising the level of decision making involved in this - there's an election coming in the next 2 weeks. This isn't about "they like that sport more then ours".

There is a political risk of allowing games before the border is opened in general. The province has put this into the feds court & although Bell & Rogers both have government liaisons that have been persuasive over CRTC decisions, its going to take a LOT of a different form of persuasion to get the PMO (that's the level here) to approve Saturday.

Lets just put it this way

If this was announced today, somebody on twitter would soon be complaining about Trudeau saying the phrase "the MLS" during a press conference.

Smokecell
07-14-2021, 06:46 AM
Logically speaking we should find out one way or another today. IMO it’s already late but let’s see

Canary10
07-14-2021, 08:22 AM
I still think our best chance is a broader border re-opening on the 21st. In part due to the politics that Og mentioned, but also now that we're so close to the next border agreement and the pressure for more re-opening is high. Trudeau has already said the border won't open to tourists for a while, so we aren't going back to normal on the 21st. But we could see something like any vaccinated employee who has to do business in Canada being allowed without quarantine. Something like that should cover athletes going in and out of the country. MLB might be screwed if their vax rates are that low. But TFC should be fine.

Ultra & Proud
07-14-2021, 09:15 AM
But we could see something like any vaccinated employee who has to do business in Canada being allowed without quarantine. Something like that should cover athletes going in and out of the country. MLB might be screwed if their vax rates are that low. But TFC should be fine.

This has already been in place for a while but the person has to cross the boarder weekly at minimum in the wording. Depending on the schedule certain teams may or may not travel to the US every week. MLB, NHL, & NBA could do it if they had time to plan a schedule. Wouldn't be too good for MLS because of the weekly/bi-weekly match schedule.

Canary10
07-14-2021, 09:28 AM
This has already been in place for a while but the person has to cross the boarder weekly at minimum in the wording. Depending on the schedule certain teams may or may not travel to the US every week. MLB, NHL, & NBA could do it if they had time to plan a schedule. Wouldn't be too good for MLS because of the weekly/bi-weekly match schedule.

Yeah, so I think it would be changing the class of worker allowed in. I think part of the definition now includes a concept of essential too, doesn't it, not just frequency? My understanding is that is why athletes haven't been covered so far, they aren't considered essential employment-related travel. I think these are the kinds of things that may be opened up further on the 21st.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 09:56 AM
On another note, the drumbbeats to an opt-in passport are getting louder

https://twitter.com/ColinDMello/status/1415315038529802245

Canary10
07-14-2021, 10:06 AM
Does anyone know when the federal cabinet meets? I imagine this is a decision that requires cabinet approval. The Ontario provincial one meets Wednesdays.

Smokecell
07-14-2021, 10:11 AM
PRO should be releasing their referee assignments shortly. I think we'll have an announcement one way or the other imminently. Between that, Orlando travel, and broadcast I would be shocked if we still have radio silence past 5pm today.

reggie
07-14-2021, 10:19 AM
mavinga hinting they are training at bmo today,may mean nothing may mean something

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 10:39 AM
mavinga hinting they are training at bmo today,may mean nothing may mean something

beer was also delivered to BMO today apparently too.

just means that they are preparing like they would were they to play at bmo on sat, which you would do while waiting for a final response from feds.

Smokecell
07-14-2021, 12:30 PM
https://twitter.com/680NEWS/status/1415357733818277894?s=20

Well..here's something...

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 12:46 PM
https://twitter.com/680NEWS/status/1415357733818277894?s=20

Well..here's something...

not science based and completely cowardly, which ive come to expect form this government.

rocktml
07-14-2021, 01:01 PM
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. The Canadian government have no back bone, spineless to the core.

Red CB Toronto
07-14-2021, 01:12 PM
not science based and completely cowardly, which ive come to expect form this government.

The Blue Jays proposal is for a July 30th start. The overall border as of now is closed until July 21st. In the coming days I am sure will we hear about the unilateral agreement the US and Canada has. In my mind August 1 has always been the most likely date for things to kickoff at BMO.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 01:33 PM
MLSE proposing a date for July 17th given the province ok'd even the option is all fine and dandy.

The feds & the province & the city have to agree upon the details.

Now if anybody thinks a government at ANY level is going to OK sports teams (baring a playoff situation) coming into the country for a league game (especially when MLSE has said they have a backup plan) BEFORE they let John & Jackie go across the border to see their grandkids....it ain't gonna happen.

The chance of the feds OKing this for the 17th was always slim & always politically dangerous if they did.

A week tonight though? Very doable IF the feds make the announcement by Monday afternoon.

ensco
07-14-2021, 02:05 PM
I don't get why Manning is going down the “public pressure” route on this. It just creates confusion in the fan base if it doesn’t happen. You don’t see the Jays or anyone else putting gun to the head of officials like this (we were in Stage 2 and less than two weeks away from July 17 when Manning did this, and he isn’t letting up with just 3 days to go)

I wonder what the purpose and who the audience for this gambit really is…

There are behemoths in this fight (one that catches my eye is Air Canada, the former employer of Manning's boss) that have been ignored for months …

MikeForbes
07-14-2021, 02:10 PM
Whatever about all the politics, this is quite disappointing.

Canary10
07-14-2021, 02:20 PM
The next opportunity is the July 21st border agreement renewal. Likely we'll get some indication where it's going by the end of this week. Trudeau has already given a bit of an indication by saying the border won't be open to tourism - so we won't be going back to everything normal July 21st. But if we can get some easing on work travel that might be enough of an opening. The pressure is pretty high for further easing than what we got July 5. Still reason for optimism.

buddies
07-14-2021, 02:26 PM
I still think there's a possibility they might let them play at BMO on Saturday without fans. With all of the exemptions they gave for hockey they broke the seal a long time ago. I mean what's more dangerous to the people of Ontario? Letting about 30 or 40 people into the country that are fully vaccinated and tested regularly? ... OR ... sending 30 or 40 TFC players and support staff into the states (where Orlando are coming from) to play a game and then THEY come back across the border without having to quarantine?? What's the difference? Technically it would be more dangerous to send TFC to the states and then come back because they're staying here. Orlando would be in and out. Politics and science have nothing to do with each other. Scientifically it's fine for Orlando to play here but politically I'll make Trudeau a deal. If he doesn't let TFC play at home on Saturday he will definitely NOT get my vote in the next election for being such a hypocrite :)

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 03:01 PM
ITS A GO

https://twitter.com/Eric_Giacometti/status/1415398035669012487

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/cf-montreal-and-toronto-fc-to-host-select-matches-in-canada

reggie
07-14-2021, 03:02 PM
lets go baby:scarf:

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 03:03 PM
https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1415398559386636296

Yuushalinsky
07-14-2021, 03:05 PM
My guess is that MLS seeked exemptions for the three teams listed first and then will have their full plan for August later.

Good work, MLSE/MLS/even you fuckers with the weird asshole logo.

Keep in mind that there will also be a game on July 21st!

Canary10
07-14-2021, 03:05 PM
Thumbs down to 680 News. Yay! Happy day!!

JoesphNdo
07-14-2021, 03:07 PM
Wonder why 7,000 - once the opposition are here they're allowed host upto 15. Likely an issue with getting the necessary staff?

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 03:09 PM
yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 03:10 PM
Wonder why 7,000 - once the opposition are here they're allowed host upto 15. Likely an issue with getting the necessary staff?

likely to do with the short notice.

will be 15K on wednesday

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 03:10 PM

Soft launch? Also, there are a lot of freebies on Saturday - 8K more of free hot dogs & pizza might be a thing?

pdogg
07-14-2021, 03:15 PM
I'll make Trudeau a deal. If he doesn't let TFC play at home on Saturday he will definitely NOT get my vote in the next election for being such a hypocrite :)

Well now, looks like you got your request fulfilled. Check that box on the next election ballot.

noxx98
07-14-2021, 03:17 PM
Won't be able to make it to the Saturday game but can't wait to be there for Wednesday.

Canary10
07-14-2021, 03:19 PM
Emails are supposed to go out to SSH shortly.

synkronized1
07-14-2021, 03:19 PM
Wonderful. SSH here since 2010. Who qualifies I wonder?

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 03:20 PM
August 1st for me - that was my pick above & will be sticking to it. Let them work the bugs out. BUT....excited to get 11 games in this year.

Ponderosa
07-14-2021, 03:22 PM
Football's coming home :canada: !

andre99
07-14-2021, 03:23 PM
Won't be able to make it to the Saturday game but can't wait to be there for Wednesday.

Well, I will buy your tickets if you can still get them!

A Stick
07-14-2021, 03:43 PM
I just spoke to a ticket rep and regarding the email that is to go out shortly, it looks like it will be a lottery system if you choose that you want to go to Saturday's game. If you get your seat picked in the lottery, you will be informed tomorrow if you are one of the lucky 7K.

A Stick
07-14-2021, 03:46 PM

This aged very nicely.

Yuushalinsky
07-14-2021, 03:48 PM
I'm no stranger to lotteries for tickets...

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 03:54 PM
Important note from the email

Please note that the purchase of tickets to upcoming matches will be optional and will not have any impact on the status of your Membership.

reggie
07-14-2021, 03:54 PM
im in the lottery:flare::drum:fingers crossed

MikeForbes
07-14-2021, 03:56 PM
Pumped for it! I don't even live there and I am so happy for all of you guys who are gonna get the chance to go.

reggie
07-14-2021, 04:00 PM
so if you get chosen in the lottery,would they use the credit you all ready have or would you pay has you go?

mauser09
07-14-2021, 04:01 PM
so if you get chosen in the lottery,would they use the credit you all ready have or would you pay has you go?

The email mentions you get a pair of complimentary tickets if you are selected in the draw.

akoto
07-14-2021, 04:02 PM

The lottery tix are free.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 04:03 PM
Of note

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/1415411925589004288

MikeForbes
07-14-2021, 04:04 PM
So, DeLeon is strictly a home game player. Haha

reggie
07-14-2021, 04:07 PM
The lottery tix are free.

great thx...i missed the free part lol,i guess they will start with the weds game for purchase

A Stick
07-14-2021, 04:09 PM
Important note from the email

I don't totally understand this statement.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 04:13 PM
I don't totally understand this statement.

SSH basically have a bucket of payments that they draw from for tickets this year. Ticket prices (after this first game which is free) are drawn down from those payments - those who asked for their money back would be invoiced for the SSH price for those tickets.

If you choose to NOT purchase any tickets, you are NOT taken off the SSH list. This is a BIG thing because some people can not come due to not being able to vaccinate (immunocompromised or children) or just not feeling comfortable.

This also gives people who lost their jobs time to recover a bit before going back to games (do not discount this as an issue)

In essence, the team in not punishing its fans for doing what they as people have to do to deal with covid.

MLSE could have been hard assed about this but there would have been a complete uproar.

Yuushalinsky
07-14-2021, 04:16 PM
SSH basically have a bucket of payments that they draw from for tickets this year. Ticket prices (after this first game which is free) are drawn down from those payments - those who deferred last year would be invoiced for the SSH price for those tickets.

If you choose to NOT purchase any tickets, you are NOT taken off the SSH list. This is a BIG thing because some people can not come due to not being able to vaccinate (immunocompromised or children) or just not feeling comfortable

In essence, the team in not punishing its fans for doing what they as people have to do to deal with covid.

MLSE could have been hard assed about this but there would have been a complete uproar.
This is similar to what my AM said when I made the plunge as an SSH - if you don't want to go to any specific game, you don't have to.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 04:20 PM
Game day policies

https://www.bmofield.com/plan-your-visit/back-in-action

Most of this is moving to US stadium policies from pre-Covid we havn't implemented before

The cleaning is theatre - Covid is aerosol and surfaces are not the issue

Yuushalinsky
07-14-2021, 04:41 PM
https://i.redd.it/k1ysoov8t8b71.jpg

here we go again

flatpicker
07-14-2021, 04:51 PM
Wait, is every season seat holder supposed to get an email? Because I haven't received anything.

Red CB Toronto
07-14-2021, 04:56 PM
Wait, is every season seat holder supposed to get an email? Because I haven't received anything.

Mine went to my other folder , check there or junk ?

magmadragon
07-14-2021, 04:56 PM
Draw is for 1250 winners (so 2500 seats). So majority will be healthcare workers, first responders etc + how every many were allocated to supporters groups.

A Stick
07-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Thank you for this explanation.

SSH basically have a bucket of payments that they draw from for tickets this year. Ticket prices (after this first game which is free) are drawn down from those payments - those who asked for their money back would be invoiced for the SSH price for those tickets.

If you choose to NOT purchase any tickets, you are NOT taken off the SSH list. This is a BIG thing because some people can not come due to not being able to vaccinate (immunocompromised or children) or just not feeling comfortable.

This also gives people who lost their jobs time to recover a bit before going back to games (do not discount this as an issue)

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 05:25 PM
This aged very nicely.

https://twitter.com/cmaconthehill/status/1415425958790766595

yes

benito
07-14-2021, 05:37 PM
What a mess!!

Initial B
07-14-2021, 05:46 PM
Up here in Ottawa, our team's first home game with fans will be August 14th with up to 15k allowed in attendance. Just for reference sake. Looking forward to late-summer/early-fall matches under the lights at TD Place!

wopchop
07-14-2021, 06:19 PM

Are you saying this because you have other information? Because the email does not really say that.

The way that it says "purchase of tickets will be optional", makes it sound like we have to purchase tickets and they still hold the cash for next season.

levyashin
07-14-2021, 06:45 PM
Is it possible for executive members of Red Patch get a complete understanding from Manning ( nobody else will do)in regard to the ticket issue.
1;Will the remainder of the home game tickets for this season be buy only.
2;Season ticket holders that left their money in but wish to opt out of this season are given the choice to start going next year.
3;How come nothing is straight forward with management simple questions simple answers Yes / No

mauser09
07-14-2021, 07:03 PM
https://twitter.com/cmaconthehill/status/1415457104949882881

mowe
07-14-2021, 07:21 PM
Makes sense why a few Cincy players were scrambling to get their work permits. I’m guessing all MLS players have Canadian work permits too? In that case they wouldn’t need a federal exemption and we should be good for the rest of the year.

Auzzy
07-14-2021, 07:35 PM
Makes sense why a few Cincy players were scrambling to get their work permits. I’m guessing all MLS players have Canadian work permits too? In that case they wouldn’t need a federal exemption and we should be good for the rest of the year.

If indeed this goes through, this is just for the next two games 7/17 & 7/21. The TFC press release mentioned "updated Major League Soccer regulations" for these games. The release also said that they are still negotiating with governments for the rest of the games after 7/21, and we see above that they have also applied for, but not yet received, a National Interest Exemption. So things aren't necessarily good for the rest of the year yet. My guess that the remaining hitch after the 21st will be unvaccinated players on US teams. Probably MLS OK'd excluding them for these two games for now; and/or perhaps Orlando & NYRB don't have any important unvaxed players. I bet there is more negotiating required to clarify the rest of the season. Even if the border opens more widely in late July or August, it will only be for fully vaccinated foreigners, so this will be an issue regardless. Either the Cdn governments, or MLS, will need to be flexible.

Auzzy
07-14-2021, 07:46 PM
Interesting that Vancouver has "home" games on Saturday and Tuesday as well, but is staying in Utah for those. Either they weren't ready to move yet; or one of their opponents (Galaxy or Houston) has more problems with unvaccinated players.

EDIT has there been any word about possible unvaccinated players on the Whitecaps squad?

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 08:15 PM
Interesting that Vancouver has "home" games on Saturday and Tuesday as well, but is staying in Utah for those. Either they weren't ready to move yet; or one of their opponents (Galaxy or Houston) has more problems with unvaccinated players.

EDIT has there been any word about possible unvaccinated players on the Whitecaps squad?

Nope. Work being done on their stadium.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1415398994088538125?s=19

Auzzy
07-14-2021, 08:35 PM
Nope. Work being done on their stadium.

https://twitter.com/WilliamsBob75/status/1415398994088538125?s=19

OK thanks for the info! Wow I guess they couldn't get that work done since September 2020, when the Whitecaps last played in Vancouver.... :D

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 08:45 PM
Are you saying this because you have other information? Because the email does not really say that.

The way that it says "purchase of tickets will be optional", makes it sound like we have to purchase tickets and they still hold the cash for next season.

Please note that the purchase of tickets to upcoming matches will be optional and will not have any impact on the status of your Membership. Nothing "have to" in that phrasing.

OgtheDim
07-14-2021, 08:48 PM
https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/1415467232692510720

If fully vaxed with work permits can come across.

Game back on

Auzzy
07-14-2021, 09:19 PM
Manitoba is going a different route from Ontario:

Winnipeg Blue Bombers’ CFL games will be able to fully fill the stands, but only with fans who are fully vaccinated.

Similarly: Movie theatres, bingo halls, VLT lounges and casinos, as well as museums and galleries, will be allowed to open at 50 per cent capacity, but only those who’ve been fully vaccinated will be allowed.

Plus Manitoba has a proof-of-vaccination card, which is harder to fake than just making & printing your own Ontario vaccination receipts.

I wish Ontario would do similar things, thereby improving safety & also increasing the incentive to get fully vaccinated.

leedsandTFC
07-14-2021, 09:35 PM
OK thanks for the info! Wow I guess they couldn't get that work done since September 2020, when the Whitecaps last played in Vancouver.... :D

the competence in that org is...questionable to say the least

Oldtimer
07-14-2021, 10:06 PM
I wish Ontario would do similar things, thereby improving safety & also increasing the incentive to get fully vaccinated.

It would be smart, but it won't happen yet for a few reasons:

1. Doug Ford has made it pretty clear that any vaccine passport in Ontario will be the federal one.

2. Ford is a bit of a complex character, not really a typical conservative. He's hesitant to do anything that might be unpopular, but ultimately listens to the experts. Which means he often does the right thing, but does it too late. We've seen that throughout the pandemic.

Red CB Toronto
07-14-2021, 10:59 PM
It would be smart, but it won't happen yet for a few reasons:

1. Doug Ford has made it pretty clear that any vaccine passport in Ontario will be the federal one.

2. Ford is a bit of a complex character, not really a typical conservative. He's hesitant to do anything that might be unpopular, but ultimately listens to the experts. Which means he often does the right thing, but does it too late. We've seen that throughout the pandemic.

It will be interesting to see what comes out of the call the prime minister has with all the premiers on Thursday.

wopchop
07-15-2021, 05:49 AM
Nothing "have to" in that phrasing.
Yes, I read that too.
But it doesn't contradict what I said either.
They might allow us to purchase tickets for games this year without affecting our membership, if say people refuse to buy them, and they could still roll over the credit to next year.
Nowhere in that email does it say it will draw down money from the account.

flatpicker
07-15-2021, 08:45 AM
Mine went to my other folder , check there or junk ?

Managed to DM the TFC ticket member folks on Twitter and they sorted it out. 👍🏼

Redcoe15
07-15-2021, 10:48 AM
Just got back from receiving my second Covid vaccine shot. A Moderna mRNA dose to go along with the AstraZeneca one I got twelve weeks ago in April. A nice little birthday gift for me! g:D

Even though I'll be thoroughly ready, I'll still be masking up whenever I go out to do anything. So I may wait a bit until I feel it's safe to attend a TFC home match. I wouldn't know if someone in the stands who's not masked up is fully vaccinated, which would help spread the virus further.

Maybe a match later on in the year, I don't know. But right now, it's still better to be safe than sorry!

Joe Kool
07-15-2021, 03:05 PM
Just got back from receiving my second Covid vaccine shot. A Moderna mRNA dose to go along with the AstraZeneca one I got twelve weeks ago in April. A nice little birthday gift for me! g:D

Even though I'll be thoroughly ready, I'll still be masking up whenever I go out to do anything. So I may wait a bit until I feel it's safe to attend a TFC home match. I wouldn't know if someone in the stands who's not masked up is fully vaccinated, which would help spread the virus further.

Maybe a match later on in the year, I don't know. But right now, it's still better to be safe than sorry!

Happy birthday :)

Captain
07-15-2021, 03:28 PM
Has there been an email from MLSE regarding this lottery and tickets for Saturday or moving forward? I haven’t received anything.

Auzzy
07-15-2021, 03:40 PM

Woohoo Happy Birthday! 1-2 more weeks until optimal immunity. And just I read that AZ - Moderna may be the very best cocktail of all -- same thing my wife and I got! :drinking: :D

https://twitter.com/NightShiftMD/status/1415659439894507527

OgtheDim
07-15-2021, 04:20 PM
Has there been an email from MLSE regarding this lottery and tickets for Saturday or moving forward? I haven’t received anything.

Email yesterday had a link - if you don't see it, check your spam & if still not, contact your rep & baring that, get in touch with TFC member services via social media with a DM like flatpicker did further up the thread.

flatpicker
07-15-2021, 07:14 PM
I was just checking my account and it suddenly says I owe the full amount for my seasons! I made the payments last year when shit got canceled. 24 hours ago my account said it was paid up! And now that’s all gone. TFC is really messing with my emotions right now 🥴

Ponderosa
07-15-2021, 07:48 PM
I was just checking my account and it suddenly says I owe the full amount for my seasons! I made the payments last year when shit got canceled. 24 hours ago my account said it was paid up! And now that’s all gone. TFC is really messing with my emotions right now 🥴

I called MLSE about this. They are transferring all funds on account into a ‘bank’ so it can be used to draw upon for tickets this season and the balance moved towards next season. Should all be sorted out in the next day or so.

BritSOL
07-15-2021, 08:33 PM
I feel comfortable returning. Just received the email that I have 2 tickets for this Saturday.

Will find out tomorrow what seats I have. Regular seats are section 205 row 3

wopchop
07-15-2021, 09:11 PM
Yes, I read that too.
But it doesn't contradict what I said either.
They might allow us to purchase tickets for games this year without affecting our membership, if say people refuse to buy them, and they could still roll over the credit to next year.
Nowhere in that email does it say it will draw down money from the account.
Just got an email for July 21st pre-sale that answers my own question.

If you have money that you’ve held on your account, you will be able to apply it towards your purchase during the checkout process.

Yuushalinsky
07-15-2021, 09:17 PM
Let's go, i'll see you beauts saturday.

magmadragon
07-15-2021, 09:17 PM
Does anyone know if I can buy a single seat? The email mentions pods of 2 (or 4). Hopefully I can get something near my actual seat/price.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 05:27 AM
Does anyone know if I can buy a single seat? The email mentions pods of 2 (or 4). Hopefully I can get something near my actual seat/price.

I have the same question.

Forcing people with single seats to buy a 2 person space would mean in essence my season seat subscription is cut in half.

FootBallAZ
07-16-2021, 08:04 AM
i got tickets for the game on saturday, not day one holder, but tickets arent cheap either.

waiting to see where we will be sitting

andre99
07-16-2021, 08:28 AM
Looking for a single ticket!

Canary10
07-16-2021, 08:57 AM
I'm still curious to know the mechanism that allows this first game to happen. There is nothing in the written materials on the government's website to suggest non-Canadian professional athletes who are vaxxed can come across as part of the July 5th changes. This is basically who was allowed after July 5, with full vaccination:

The Canadian border remains closed to most foreign nationals until at least July 21, with the exception of: immediate and extended family members of Canadian citizens, persons registered under Canada’s Indian Act or permanent residents; a traveller authorized to enter for compassionate reasons; an individual participating in an international single-sport event; essential workers; and some international students.

For the single sporting event, the website says:

You may be eligible to come to Canada to participate in an ISSE, if you’re a

high-performance amateur athlete
person providing essential support and are affiliated with your national organization responsible for that sport

I think this exemption was specifically geared to Olympic athletes prepping for Tokyo.

We know that professional sports has been considered non-essential up until now (otherwise they would have been allowed across the border without the quarantine requirement). So they likely wouldn't be considered part of the essential worker category.

If anyone has any insider knowledge or other interpretations of the current rules, I'd be interested to know. At any rate, based on current media reports it looks like starting July 21 a lot more non-Canadians who are fully vaxxed will be allowed across, so this will all become moot in a matter of days. That whole national interest exemption thing too that was talked about the night of the announcement won't matter either.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 09:01 AM
I have the same question.

Forcing people with single seats to buy a 2 person space would mean in essence my season seat subscription is cut in half.

I'm just waiting on a callback now. The real lesson here is I should have just re-upped my rpb membership given how that allocation went.

No luck with the lottery either. I hope the people who won that all kept their money on file, otherwise I'm going to feel foolish for leaving it with MLSE.

Menelaos
07-16-2021, 09:06 AM
Because it asked when I will feel "comfortable" I said next year. That is when I hope we are back to, or closer to, normal.
I will be there tomorrow, but will be wearing a mask and not be in my regular seats near the people I have become friends with.

noxx98
07-16-2021, 09:07 AM
If anyone has any insider knowledge or other interpretations of the current rules, I'd be interested to know. At any rate, based on current media reports it looks like starting July 21 a lot more non-Canadians who are fully vaxxed will be allowed across, so this will all become moot in a matter of days. That whole national interest exemption thing too that was talked about the night of the announcement won't matter either.
If you go through the questionnaire here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
Select foreign national > No COVID symptoms > From US > work activities / employment > other work reasons. It says you will likely be allowed to cross the border as long as you can prove your trip is not optional. I guess you can classify a soccer game as not "optional".

Canary10
07-16-2021, 09:20 AM
If you go through the questionnaire here: https://travel.gc.ca/travel-covid/travel-restrictions/wizard-start
Select foreign national > No COVID symptoms > From US > work activities / employment > other work reasons. It says you will likely be allowed to cross the border as long as you can prove your trip is not optional. I guess you can classify a soccer game as not "optional".

Yeah, but that's just general guidance, and it notes the results of that questionnaire don't guarantee anyone gets across the border. It think when you dig into "essential work" on the website it would be hard to see pro sports being considered essential (it mentions health care practitioners, students in a health field, workers in the trade or transportation sectors, some technicians or specialists, emergency service providers, those who maintain the flow of essential goods, live in a trans-border community, regularly cross the border to work, or are receiving medical care in Canada). Also I don't think we'd have ever had an issue with games at BMO if it was understood professional athletes were exempted.

Yuushalinsky
07-16-2021, 09:22 AM
Yeah, but that's just general guidance, and it notes the results of that questionnaire don't guarantee anyone gets across the border. It think when you dig into "essential work" on the website it would be hard to see pro sports being considered essential (it mentions health care practitioners, students in a health field, workers in the trade or transportation sectors, some technicians or specialists, emergency service providers, those who maintain the flow of essential goods, live in a trans-border community, regularly cross the border to work, or are receiving medical care in Canada). Also I don't think we'd have ever had an issue with games at BMO if it was understood professional athletes were exempted.

I don't think it really matters - the government issued a public statement saying why the games tomorrow and Wednesday are possible, which means that even if some border official wanted to be super anal, they'd be going against federal announcements.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 09:23 AM
Got a hold of a rep. Yeah they can't help me with my single seat. It's pairs of tickets (and a limited amount of 4s) only.

So yeah I'm fucking pissed. I have my shots and I'm ready to go.

noxx98
07-16-2021, 09:27 AM
The issue before was quarantine requirements as a border crossing for all people required a 14 day quarantine. That's no longer the case for vaccinated individuals.

Canary10
07-16-2021, 09:30 AM

Yeah, I know that. I might be anal but I'm just interested in what rules allow it to happen (being a government policy person). I'm also interested in what kind of a coup Manning pulled off, as Ensco mentioned in the Manning thread. I think he did pull a coup.

Canary10
07-16-2021, 09:32 AM
The issue before was quarantine requirements as a border crossing for all people required a 14 day quarantine. That's no longer the case for vaccinated individuals.

"Essential" workers were exempt from the quarantine requirement even before July 5.

This probably isn't the right thread for this. Sorry for hijacking!

benito
07-16-2021, 09:46 AM
Got a hold of a rep. Yeah they can't help me with my single seat. It's pairs of tickets (and a limited amount of 4s) only.

So yeah I'm fucking pissed. I have my shots and I'm ready to go.

I've logged into the presale and it appears there are sets of 3 and singles available. They tend to be along the aisles.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 09:51 AM
I've logged into the presale and it appears there are sets of 3 and singles available. They tend to be along the aisles.

That gives me some hope for 1pm then. Guess the reps are not on the same page. What are the prices like?

Canary10
07-16-2021, 09:53 AM

Actually I think this is right. Some workers (essential) were allowed into Canada with no quarantine, others were allowed but they had to quarantine (if they had to work in Canada but were non-essential) then some people were not allowed in at all (e.g., tourists). Professional athletes would fall into the middle category, and the July 5th vax exemptions would include them. Thanks for helping me think that through!

Derko
07-16-2021, 09:55 AM
I have 5 season tickets, I cannot and seems like I will never get all 5 seats for a match, and are TFC charging SSH prices or regular prices for tickets, what total fuck up.
No luck in the stupid lottery either, I would have thought SSH seniority and those that kept their money in the organization would be the proper and fair way to allocate tickets. Am I in the minority in this thinking?

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 09:56 AM
I have 5 season tickets, I cannot and seems like I will never get all 5 seats for a match, and are TFC charging SSH prices or regular prices for tickets, what total fuck up.
No luck in the stupid lottery either, I would have thought SSH seniority and those that kept their money in the organization would be the proper and fair way to allocate tickets. Am I in the minority in this thinking?

I'm with you. 10 years and kept my money on file. No dice for lottery either.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 09:57 AM
Just an FYI for the presale - looks like all sections are open as of the NYRB game but just not every seat

Somebody I follow on twitter got seats in section 221

I fully expect there to be bugs they work out each game as this goes along. August 1st will be less chaotic then the NYRB game (long weekend Sunday night, second opportunity).

benito
07-16-2021, 09:59 AM
That gives me some hope for 1pm then. Guess the reps are not on the same page. What are the prices like?

Prices seems to be the SSH pricing.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 10:04 AM
Prices seems to be the SSH pricing.

Much obliged. I just want to get back into 111.

reggie
07-16-2021, 10:13 AM
i got 2 for weds night in 221 for around 76 bucks total used my credit.has anybody recvd saturdays tickets yet?

FootBallAZ
07-16-2021, 10:24 AM
I'm just waiting on a callback now. The real lesson here is I should have just re-upped my rpb membership given how that allocation went.

No luck with the lottery either. I hope the people who won that all kept their money on file, otherwise I'm going to feel foolish for leaving it with MLSE.

i pulled my money out and still was selected, fyi

FootBallAZ
07-16-2021, 10:26 AM
i got 2 for weds night in 221 for around 76 bucks total used my credit.has anybody recvd saturdays tickets yet?

not yet.

gunnerken
07-16-2021, 10:27 AM
I was able to get my two seats in Section 111 just now for Wednesday's match...$52.00...Hope I can get my flag in!

Derko
07-16-2021, 10:35 AM
i pulled my money out and still was selected, fyi

Wow good for you, you are a lucky devil, probably something I didn't want to hear, nothing personal, and hopefully no offence.
Enjoy the match.

:drinking:

Auzzy
07-16-2021, 10:53 AM
Actually I think this is right. Some workers (essential) were allowed into Canada with no quarantine, others were allowed but they had to quarantine (if they had to work in Canada but were non-essential) then some people were not allowed in at all (e.g., tourists). Professional athletes would fall into the middle category, and the July 5th vax exemptions would include them. Thanks for helping me think that through!

This sounds right. For example non-Cdn actors could also come in since last year, ever since movie shoots were allowed again with safely precautions. The film industry has been running in high gear. But up to now the actors had to quarantine. That changed since July 5th if they’re fully vaccinated. I think it isn’t always a slam dunk, each industry or company would have discussions beforehand, you wouldn’t want a high-priced actor stuck at the border. I think some of the things they would look at: is the person allowed to work (work permit etc.); and do they need to be in Canada to work. You can’t do a soccer game or movie shoot via Zoom; but they probably still wouldn’t let you in just for a work meeting. Although there were some high-profile exemptions/mini-scandals around the latter. BTW the National Interest Exemption will still be needed, as that concerns modified quarantine for non-vaccinated players. There are no plans to drop the vaccination-or-quarantine requirements for border crossings anytime in the next few months.

JoesphNdo
07-16-2021, 11:04 AM
Wow good for you, you are a lucky devil, probably something I didn't want to hear, nothing personal, and hopefully no offence.
Enjoy the match.

:drinking:

Yeah I feel like a complete idiot for letting them keep my money now, but it is what it is I guess

Canary10
07-16-2021, 11:14 AM
This sounds right. For example non-Cdn actors could also come in since last year, ever since movie shoots were allowed again with safely precautions. The film industry has been running in high gear. But up to now the actors had to quarantine. That changed since July 5th if they’re fully vaccinated. I think it isn’t always a slam dunk, each industry or company would have discussions beforehand, you wouldn’t want a high-priced actor stuck at the border. I think some of the things they would look at: is the person allowed to work (work permit etc.); and do they need to be in Canada to work. You can’t do a soccer game or movie shoot via Zoom; but they probably still wouldn’t let you in just for a work meeting. Although there were some high-profile exemptions/mini-scandals around the latter. BTW the National Interest Exemption will still be needed, as that concerns modified quarantine for non-vaccinated players. There are no plans to drop the vaccination-or-quarantine requirements for border crossings anytime in the next few months.

Yes, thanks regarding the NIE. This is also why the Blue Jays are on a different track for home games as the MLB vaccination rate, assuming the reports are correct that MLD vaccination rates are much lower. They will actually need the NIE whereas in MLS it's just a handful of players.

leedsandTFC
07-16-2021, 11:14 AM
[moderator deleted - off topic]

zorsofstesab
07-16-2021, 11:41 AM
This is for disclosure only so don't blame me. I got 2 tickets on the lottery system and bought 4 together in section 104 for Wednesday's game. $104.00 for all 4 tickets. Going from famine to a feast.

Season ticket holder from day 1, fwiw.....

Ponderosa
07-16-2021, 12:08 PM
Interesting they way they have set up the seats for purchase. A pair in every row and seats next to each pair are blocked...so essentially a column of pairs on each row. It's not quite correct distancing IMO - if you have 2 people seated right in front of you then you are not physically distanced at all from them. Aerosols go forward and land in front - would have been better to stagger space in front back and side by side or with an empty row in between. This is how we have done the seating plans in auditoriums for vaccine clinics and at my Church.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 12:23 PM
Sweet out of luck if you want a single anywhere in the mid range - only way out in 127 or 225 or 224 or 222.

Effectively if I would want a single seat, I would have to sit on a rail way far away or double the price.

TFC1986
07-16-2021, 12:50 PM
Well these sounds like great problems to have now, considering where we were a few months ago.
For those attending any games this season. Enjoy!

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 12:59 PM
It all worked out in the end. Got my single in 111, fairly close to my actual seat.

Also it's interesting that they have implemented an animated barcode. So all the scalpers will have to stay in the ecosystem and all their ticket transfers will be tracked.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 01:05 PM
Interesting they way they have set up the seats for purchase. A pair in every row and seats next to each pair are blocked...so essentially a column of pairs on each row. It's not quite correct distancing IMO - if you have 2 people seated right in front of you then you are not physically distanced at all from them. Aerosols go forward and land in front - would have been better to stagger space in front back and side by side or with an empty row in between. This is how we have done the seating plans in auditoriums for vaccine clinics and at my Church.

Yeah I'm not sure why they didn't do a diamond pattern to stagger people.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 01:19 PM
Well these sounds like great problems to have now, considering where we were a few months ago.
For those attending any games this season. Enjoy!

I paid x amount for my seat. That calculates out to x/amount of games = y per game

Its been sitting with MLSE for over a year.

Now, if I want to go to a game, I get to pay y * 2 to go to a game.

So, in essence, the credit I have for my 1 SS ticket is going to go through TWICE as fast as anybody else goes through their credit.

I get why this is being done & I might have an outlet as an RPB member.

But it kinda sucks that for the value I pay for 11 possible games, I'm only going to get 5.5.

FootBallAZ
07-16-2021, 01:44 PM
I paid x amount for my seat. That calculates out to x/amount of games = y per game

So, in essence, the credit I have for my 1 SS ticket is going to go through TWICE as fast as anybody else goes through their credit.

But it kinda sucks that for the value I pay for 11 possible games, I'm only going to get 5.5.

Respectfully, I dont think it ever made sense leaving your money with a multi- million/billion dollar corporation.

They care about bottom line dollars, everyone who left their money in, made them money on a high interest saving account.

It was risky during a pandemic, where MLS could have folded.

I really think they should have ranked it by:

tenure
money left in
value of client

I have only had seasons since 2017 but I do spend a bit more, Im guessing this is why I was chosen( i know its random)

Yuushalinsky
07-16-2021, 01:46 PM
Respectfully, I dont think it ever made sense leaving your money with a multi- million/billion dollar corporation.

They care about bottom line dollars, everyone who left their money in, made them money on a high interest saving account.

It was risky during a pandemic, where MLS could have folded.

I really think they should have ranked it by:

tenure
money left in
value of client

I have only had seasons since 2017 but I do spend a bit more, Im guessing this is why I was chosen( i know its random)
they must love me then as a completely new SSH!

you'll have people complaining about fairness/reward - all in all, demand outstripped supply and I personally think it was the right move to level the playing field for Saturday.

OgtheDim
07-16-2021, 01:48 PM
Nah, I'm not talking about getting into Saturday - I could have done that if I wanted to.

I'm talking about how somebody with a single seat is forced to buy 2 & is thus burning through a credit faster simply because they only had 1 to begin with. I'll figure it all out & I get why its happening but its kinda annoying.

FootBallAZ
07-16-2021, 01:53 PM
I am not talking about getting into Saturday - I could have done that if I wanted to.

I'm talking about how somebody with a single seat is forced to buy 2 & is thus burning through a credit faster simply because they only had 1 to begin with.

that needs to be fixed asap- this isnt fair at all!

always keep your cash in your bank, hopefully they address it if your rep still has a job.

mine went radio silence, i been trying for 2 months to get on the raptors wait list.

magmadragon
07-16-2021, 02:04 PM
Nah, I'm not talking about getting into Saturday - I could have done that if I wanted to.

I'm talking about how somebody with a single seat is forced to buy 2 & is thus burning through a credit faster simply because they only had 1 to begin with. I'll figure it all out & I get why its happening but its kinda annoying.

I ended up just finding a single online, but I sent an email to the FO earlier expressing my frustrations. They replied with give us a call back during your window and we will help you out. Even though when I called originally they said they couldn't. Worth a shot.

MikeForbes
07-16-2021, 05:34 PM
Even the Jays are heading back to Toronto. Things are getting back to normal, guys.

ManUtd4ever
07-16-2021, 05:55 PM
I am comfortable going back to BMO with limited capacity at this time with the current number of daily new cases. It might be a while before I'm comfortable at full capacity.

ManUtd4ever
07-16-2021, 06:00 PM

:lol:

Just let it flow like I have. I was going to cut my covid hair and my wife said she likes it better this way. :ihih:

MikeForbes
07-16-2021, 06:03 PM
:lol:

Just let it flow like I have. I was going to cut my covid hair and my wife said she likes it better this way. :ihih:

As a man with a Covid induced top knot that would make Gareth Bale blush, screw hair cuts.

Chevy
07-16-2021, 06:08 PM
Doesn't anyone have friends anymore?

Canary10
07-16-2021, 06:23 PM
As a man with a Covid induced top knot that would make Gareth Bale blush, screw hair cuts.

Mine grows more out the side than the top. It’s not a good look, lol.

OgtheDim
07-17-2021, 05:40 PM
Interesting to see the lines outside - wonder how well getting 15K is going to be on Wednesday

https://twitter.com/lauraarmy/status/1416523718617092197

Auzzy
07-17-2021, 10:37 PM
Interesting to see the lines outside - wonder how well getting 15K is going to be on Wednesday

It was very strange. At Gate 3, it looked like you had to go through a metal detector, but there were only two of them, so the line was insane. The lineup for the SW gate was also nuts.

Gate 3B (supporter's) was a much shorter line, no metal detectors and not much checking either, but shhh don't tell anyone.

For the next games, I would recommend everyone arrives VERY early.

Tonight was very nice and spacious, even in the south end. I'm going to sit out the next 15k games until I see how it goes. Masking goes the way of the dodo partway through the game. Tonight I didn't care at all, I was pretty plastered, and there was a ton of room so it didn't matter. With 15k it might be a bit disconcerting.

Red CB Toronto
07-17-2021, 11:23 PM
Was out of town for tonight’s match but from everything I saw it was respectful, good spacing all around. 15k as it will be on Wednesday and for the next while is night and day to the 7k they had tonight. Hopefully they can create more entrance opportunities for people to have it move faster. Hopefully they can get more staff in place to have things move smoothly with the increase.

15k depending is essentially someone in every second seat. Will be much harder to maintain distance if that’s your desire. Funny to think. On a lighter note It’s funny to think the 7k is not even the lowest announced attendance in team history. There was Champions League match from days gone by with 5k or so.

It was very strange. At Gate 3, it looked like you had to go through a metal detector, but there were only two of them, so the line was insane. The lineup for the SW gate was also nuts.

Gate 3B (supporter's) was a much shorter line, no metal detectors and not much checking either, but shhh don't tell anyone.

For the next games, I would recommend everyone arrives VERY early.

Tonight was very nice and spacious, even in the south end. I'm going to sit out the next 15k games until I see how it goes. Masking goes the way of the dodo partway through the game. Tonight I didn't care at all, I was pretty plastered, and there was a ton of room so it didn't matter. With 15k it might be a bit disconcerting.

Auzzy
07-18-2021, 12:03 AM
Was out of town for tonight’s match but from everything I saw it was respectful, good spacing all around. 15k as it will be on Wednesday and for the next while is night and day to the 7k they had tonight. Hopefully they can create more entrance opportunities for people to have it move faster. Hopefully they can get more staff in place to have things move smoothly with the increase.

15k depending is essentially someone in every second seat. Will be much harder to maintain distance if that’s your desire. Funny to think. On a lighter note It’s funny to think the 7k is not even the lowest announced attendance in team history. There was Champions League match from days gone by with 5k or so.

I agree. Also I think the actual attendance tonight was less that 7k, which made it even easier to distance. 7k would mean every 4th seat, but it was definitely less than that, especially on the east & west side. The field side seats were totally empty as well. Probably some of the folks that got freebies didn't make it, or were worried about the rain. Plus I think some of the people might have been scared off by the lines getting in.

15k will be pretty busy. I would probably be OK with it if people were wearing masks most of the time, but I don't think that will happen. People eat & drink and forget to put them back on, or get sick of the masks partway through the game. I don't want to get annoyed about that, I'll enjoy the games from home until we see how things go.

magmadragon
07-26-2021, 09:59 AM
For those of you with early windows, are you able to grab the same seats for the 3 August games in one shot or do you have to do each game individually?

magmadragon
07-26-2021, 12:23 PM
I can confirm it is 3 individual events but you can put your tickets in the shopping cart and then checkout in one transaction.

Slick
07-26-2021, 07:05 PM
I can't get any tickets for the next 3 games. It's saying non are available. Anyone else having the same issue?

reggie
07-26-2021, 07:52 PM
I can't get any tickets for the next 3 games. It's saying non are available. Anyone else having the same issue?
i got mine this morning.i had probs,so i jus called into the office,seems to be a bigger discount for SSH than last game

Slick
07-26-2021, 08:07 PM
i got mine this morning.i had probs,so i jus called into the office,seems to be a bigger discount for SSH than last game

Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow

Cuppy
07-26-2021, 09:07 PM
Thanks. I'll give them a shout tomorrow continue to log in as I to had issues but it seems to be working effectively now

Red CB Toronto
07-26-2021, 09:27 PM
It works fine right now as far I can see, picked up an extra pair for friends this evening.

OgtheDim
07-27-2021, 06:28 AM
I can confirm it is 3 individual events but you can put your tickets in the shopping cart and then checkout in one transaction.

I had to grab what I wanted for one game but couldn't get back to the next game for some reason - had to click on the link in the email to get back in.

I grabbed a pair for Sunday & some singles for the next 2. Still somewhat ticked that for most of the stadium I, an introverted guy who owns only 1 seat, has to grab 2 but at least got singles equivalent in price to my normal seat.

Feeling this all out still. Honestly not sure about September when the likely 4th wave comes around.

stevep
07-28-2021, 07:24 AM
Price for section 108 for Sunday’s game is $60
I value the ticket around $35 based on no
Oso kemar Richie Jozy only playing 30 minutes