PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 12 - TFC @ NER - Wed July 7 at 7:00pm - Every Now and Then

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
07-04-2021, 03:30 PM
I Fall Apart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcOxhH8N3Bo

Have at It People

MikeForbes
07-04-2021, 03:31 PM
Definitely more interested in watching now.

rydermike
07-04-2021, 03:42 PM
The Javier Perez era begins

OgtheDim
07-04-2021, 04:21 PM
Going to be like preseason. See what people can do, see if there is a bit of cohesion possible.

The result - hopefully not as bad as yesterday but it would not surprise me if they thump us with 3 of more.

Fort York Redcoat
07-04-2021, 04:34 PM
This is not the team we get the new coach bump with. I'd love a draw. There will be goals.

ensco
07-04-2021, 04:38 PM
Definitely more interested in watching now.

In the way that raging dumpster fires are compelling…

Bushmancan
07-04-2021, 05:18 PM
This is not the team we get the new coach bump with. I'd love a draw. There will be goals.

We will see the real team.. draw or win

MikeForbes
07-04-2021, 05:27 PM
The Revs are good and our record says we are bad. A draw would be a good result. We need all the points we can get now.

Graeme
07-05-2021, 06:38 AM
I wonder how the call with Jozy went last night?

We sure could use another striker that is not Dwyer...

Initial B
07-05-2021, 08:49 AM
The result - hopefully not as bad as yesterday but it would not surprise me if they thump us with 3 of more.They are one of the best teams in MLS this year and we have a historically bad defence right now. With all the upheaval there is no way we win or even draw this. I expect 4 goals, but given the overall dysfunction and mental fragility of the defence, I could see another beatdown coming.

Rust
07-05-2021, 09:28 AM
Our preparation for 2022 starts now.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-05-2021, 09:45 AM
They are one of the best teams in MLS this year and we have a historically bad defence right now. With all the upheaval there is no way we win or even draw this. I expect 4 goals, but given the overall dysfunction and mental fragility of the defence, I could see another beatdown coming.

Add to this that historically we have a very bad record on that crappy artificial turf... maybe the worst of all our away matches.
Even when TFC's play and form was at best from all possible angles, we were happy with a draw there!
So now even 1 point would be fantastic...

Realistically thinking, I guess we can get a point (or points?) there only if New England will have a very bad outing compared to their current standards.

Oldtimer
07-05-2021, 02:42 PM
This won't be a good test of our interim coach's abilities. It's going to take a while to retrain the team and practice effective tactics.

However if he moves to having Q between the pipes, that will be an immediate positive impression. :thumbsup:

Red CB Toronto
07-05-2021, 02:48 PM
This won't be a good test of our interim coach's abilities. It's going to take a while to retrain the team and practice effective tactics.

However if he moves to having Q between the pipes, that will be an immediate positive impression. :thumbsup:

Is Q even healthy at this point after missing the last few games to injury? Wonder if Kevin Silva could get a look?

Ultra & Proud
07-05-2021, 03:13 PM
This plus giving Bradley a night off would say a lot to me.

MightyDM
07-05-2021, 03:32 PM
Auro-Zavaleta-Mavinga-Morrow (if available)- Lawrence (if still here)

Delgao Bradley Soteldo

Pozuelo Dwyer

This is MLS. 3-2 TFC

Auzzy
07-05-2021, 03:34 PM
Yeah I’m worried Q’s finger isn’t quite healed yet.

OgtheDim
07-05-2021, 03:43 PM
Zavs red card means he is out

Joe Kool
07-05-2021, 03:44 PM
New England may come out thinking they win just for showing up given our recent record....and maybe they do but can be a dangerous gamble to come out with that attitude. We are not as bad as our record shows.

Richard
07-05-2021, 03:54 PM
Looking forward to a more possession oriented game, and a lot more individual player responsibility on the field.

ag futbol
07-05-2021, 05:08 PM
New England may come out thinking they win just for showing up given our recent record....and maybe they do but can be a dangerous gamble to come out with that attitude. We are not as bad as our record shows.
Stranger things have happened in this league, for sure

MikeForbes
07-05-2021, 05:11 PM
Play with an actual double pivot and help protect the backline.

ag futbol
07-05-2021, 05:27 PM
Play with an actual double pivot and help protect the backline.
Genius idea: actually play the midfield duo that guided us to the second best record in MLS last year. Tell the other guy he’s very important and still special to us but changes needed.

Gringo Starr
07-05-2021, 05:46 PM
Delgado was on the bench for the last game and a half, I would imagine he gets back on the field with the new man in charge

MightyDM
07-05-2021, 09:51 PM
Zavs red card means he is out

Right. I had stopped watching by that point. Forgot.

Blindside16
07-06-2021, 12:36 AM
I have zero expectations for this game and I am note sure what to expect either, but since it is MLS 3-1 TFC

MightyDM
07-06-2021, 06:38 AM
Genius idea: actually play the midfield duo that guided us to the second best record in MLS last year. Tell the other guy he’s very important and still special to us but changes needed.

Oso is with Canada. The "ther guy" will be playing

MightyDM
07-06-2021, 06:39 AM
I have zero expectations for this game and I am note sure what to expect either, but since it is MLS 3-1 TFC

Exactly how I feel. Except 3-2

Red CB Toronto
07-07-2021, 01:55 AM
The Reds flew into New England on Tuesday, landing at Hanscom Field in Bedford, MA north of Boston, an airport with two runways. It's about a 35 minute drive south to the hotel and stadium.Then you know what, after the game tomorrow they are coming home !

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1412507031790047235

James17930
07-07-2021, 02:22 AM
Exactly how I feel. Except 3-2

We've always been bad at Gillette, even when NER sucked. Now that they're top of the conference, I really can't see how we can expect a result.

I think I would actually be content with a 1-0 or 2-0 loss where we play well and don't give up a goal in the first minute.

Bushmancan
07-07-2021, 06:51 AM
Game Day! Woohoo.

Only better news would be Curtis is fired…. Anyone hear anything on Jozy?

Luanda
07-07-2021, 07:42 AM
Bono

Auro-Gonzales-Mavinga-Lawrence

Delgado Bradley Soteldo

Dwyer Pozuelo Akinola

Smokecell
07-07-2021, 07:55 AM
Bono

Auro-Gonzales-Mavinga-Lawrence

Delgado Bradley Soteldo

Dwyer Pozuelo Akinola

Akinola and Lawrence are away for the Gold Cup

Graeme
07-07-2021, 07:57 AM
Bono

Auro-Gonzales-Mavinga-

Delgado Bradley Soteldo

Dwyer Pozuelo Akinola

Ayo is at the Gold Cup for Canada(!)

How about

Bono

--Singh-Gonzalez-Mavinga--
Auro-------------Soteldo
--Delgado-Pozuelo -Bradley/Priso???------
--Mullins???-----Nelson????/Okello???/Marshall-Rutty????--

Dwyer shouldn't see the field. All I see are multiple missed chances every game (and offsides)

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 08:17 AM
I thought Lawrence was still around.

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 08:23 AM
I thought Lawrence was still around.

According to WTR, only Osorio and Layrea are gone so far.

Graeme
07-07-2021, 08:32 AM
In that case:

---------------Bono------------------
-----Singh--Gonzalez--Mavinga----
--Auro--Delgado--Pozuelo--Bradley--Lawrence
---------Mullins------Soteldo???-----------

Try our best not to get scored on?

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 08:44 AM
I would think a 4-2-3-1 would be the easiest to have a stable game.

Auro-Singh-Mavinga-Lawrence
Delgado-Bradley
?-Pozuelo-Soltedo
Akinola

My only real question would be who plays RM and keeper. Seems like a good opportunity for Silva to get a shot. Can’t be anyone weaker in leadership than Bono.

MikeForbes
07-07-2021, 08:51 AM
Why would Oso and Richie be gone but not Ayo?

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 09:02 AM

I thought that was weird too. Maybe Ayo is simply just not as important to the national team? Osorio and Layrea are pretty much expected to start games. I think Ayo is a sub at best.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 09:11 AM
Also Herdman might not want to leave teams super short. In TFC we have too many midfielders but presently minimal forwards so he was probably doing us a solid.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 10:14 AM
Gonna hate watching a game on that pitch in that stadium - always do

MikeForbes
07-07-2021, 10:21 AM
Gonna hate watching a game on that pitch in that stadium - always do

It is awful. Not as bad as watching a game at Yankee Stadium though.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 10:29 AM
I find Yankee stadium less of an issue, but maybe that's because I grew up playing houseleague games in the 70's on a pitch with a huge slope with away games played on fields where 1 corner was an old baseball diamonds that the grass hadn't grown back to.

The obvious NFL stadiums bug me more, especially on crappy pitches - I include Atlanta & Seattle in that, to be honest & probably will Charlotte. Just "feels" wrong.

jloome
07-07-2021, 10:41 AM
We should play 4-2-3-1. We possess the ball well, our defensive strength is blocking up the middle of the pitch, and it lowers the amount of movement and traffic scene outside the final third by Mavinga and Gonzalez.

-----------------Bono-----------------
Auro--Gonzalez--Mavinga--Lawrence
--------Delgado-----Bradley-----------
Soteldo----Pozuelo---Shaffelburg
--------------Akinola----------------

Solteldo can play on either foot and he can come inside more effectively on his left if he starts on the right. He switched and remained on that side in numerous clips with Santos and in Venezuela.

Shaffelburg is wild but he adds a danger element with speed and crossing, whereas our only other real options there right now are either to move Poz outside and have someone else deputizing underneath, like Mullins, until Laryea and Oso get back.

Our most dangerous team would probably have a front that was something like:

---Pozuelo --- Osorio -- Soteldo
-------------Ayo/Altidore--------------

But every time I suggest Poz wide right (where he played much of his career, including at Genk) people say he doesn't want to be there and we have to keep him happy.

I'd suggest he's more dangerous as both a shooting threat AND set up guy and compliments Soteldo perfectly, as they will pull defenses wide and apart so quickly that marking cohesion in a zone would be very difficult to maintain.

AND, we know Oso is much better inside than out on the wings. Having said that, he looked good there when required, so we could always drop Richie back, play Oso on one wing and Soteldo on the other. Same deal but he doesn't have quite the acceleration Poz does, so it makes more sense the other way around.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 10:50 AM
Our most dangerous team would probably have a front that was something like:

---Pozuelo --- Osorio -- Soteldo
-------------Ayo/Altidore--------------

But every time I suggest Poz wide right (where he played much of his career, including at Genk) people say he doesn't want to be there and we have to keep him happy.

I'd suggest he's more dangerous as both a shooting threat AND set up guy and compliments Soteldo perfectly, as they will pull defenses wide and apart so quickly that marking cohesion in a zone would be very difficult to maintain.

I think our strongest line up is when Osorio takes Bradley's spot and work the pivot with Delgado, keep Poz in the middle, and see whichever of Laryea (poor this season) or Gallardo (poor almost forever) can do better on the right.

jloome
07-07-2021, 11:12 AM
I think our strongest line up is when Osorio takes Bradley's spot and work the pivot with Delgado, keep Poz in the middle, and see whichever of Laryea (poor this season) or Gallardo (poor almost forever) can do better on the right.

The thing is, I see that as ignoring history. Which is the same mistake we've just been through with both Armas and Curtis.

Richie has sort of stunk the joint up when primarily attacking. He has one goal in 10 games and no assists, despite leading the team in shots. He also stunk the joint up as an attacker in Orlando.

I thought it could work too after seeing how well he overlaps. But mindset is a big thing and when he doesn't have to track back and watch zonal position as closely he looks ineffective and falls out of the game.

Equally, Gallardo hasn't shown ANY sign yet that he's ready to be a first-team player. He has that flukey block off a press we probably aren't going to see much of but has looked on a different pitch from the rest of the team.

I get the desire to have Osorio and Delgado run the pivot as they were so good. But are we better off with a plugger in the other wide slot?

And using Osorio as a primarily defensive player and shuttler, a guy who in his best year had 17 goals for us? He's in his prime and DANGEROUS, and we have weak strikers relatively speaking.

I like the idea of using Osorio next to Delgado on an occasional basis, to give Bradley a break and a sit, and Shaffelburg/Nelson/Okello a start. But we should use players where they serve the entirety of the roster best. Bradley ain't going nowhere, and he has value. He's been our best player -- which isn't saying much, true -- several times this year. He still has the ability to change games, as he briefly showed stripping DC and setting up Ayo.

No point sitting him only to have to wedge a guy wide who either doesn't fit there or isn't ready.

Richard
07-07-2021, 11:17 AM
I think we are at the point where Bradley has to sit out every other game, he is not an everyday starter anymore. To think he is someone you can play on 3-4 days notice is foolish, he has a lot of miles on him.

It's going to be very important to have an interim with some pedigree, making Bradley sit is not an easy decision but absolutely necessary to prolong his career if we are to keep him until retirement.

jloome
07-07-2021, 11:26 AM
I think we are at the point where Bradley has to sit out every other game, he is not an everyday starter anymore. To think he is someone you can play on 3-4 days notice is foolish, he has a lot of miles on him.

It's going to be very important to have an interim with some pedigree, making Bradley sit is not an easy decision but absolutely necessary to prolong his career if we are to keep him until retirement.

I'd say he should sit every third or fourth game. I'd even say as he's still a relatively young, fit person -- perhaps not compared to his old engine, but still -- he could probably do two starts, then a sub appearance.

portu
07-07-2021, 12:03 PM
Has Bradley started to annoy anyone else? Lately his words and attitude feel close to arrogance or condescension. Can definitely see why some aren't exactly fans of him or think he's overrated.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 12:06 PM

Richie has sort of stunk the joint up when primarily attacking.

He has been one of the few people making teams worry when dribbling at them - he's dangerous.

Gallardo wasn't given a fair shot by Vanney & the one game he did play, did OK in it until he got injured.

I agree on Oso being better further up the pitch & I think Priso can play that DM role beside Delgado.

jloome
07-07-2021, 12:12 PM
He has been one of the few people making teams worry when dribbling at them - he's dangerous.

Gallardo wasn't given a fair shot by Vanney & the one game he did play, did OK in it until he got injured.

I agree on Oso being better further up the pitch & I think Priso can play that DM role beside Delgado.

Being dangerous but producing nothing doesn’t really help. He beat guys all ends up in Orlando, too. But there was no end product.

The same has been true this year.

Look, we had him in a role that worked,
pretty much all the time.

Perhaps it would behoove the team to stop fucking with what works.

EDIT: and based on what little we saw of him, not convinced Vanney was wrong about Gallardo. Like Akexte, poorly suited to a buildup team.

Not convinced Vanney was wrong about much, frankly.

jloome
07-07-2021, 12:14 PM
Has Bradley started to annoy anyone else? Lately his words and attitude feel close to arrogance or condescension. Can definitely see why some aren't exactly fans of him or think he's overrated.

He has always had that edge to him. He’s not overrated as a player, but probably more than a little as a team leader.

Luanda
07-07-2021, 03:27 PM

Looks good, assuming Lawrence and Akinola are around. We shall see in a bit.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 03:39 PM
Lawrence shown in training pics

noxx98
07-07-2021, 03:48 PM

Looks good, assuming Lawrence and Akinola are around. We shall see in a bit.
I think this is my starting 11 as well. 9 of the 11 were with the team for at least two prior seasons, so you hope they can adjust back easily enough. Soteldo can be given free reign to drift around up top and do his thing. Lawrence can hopefully clean up a few of his defensive miscues from last game - I thought he showed his quality in his first few games with us.

MikeForbes
07-07-2021, 04:29 PM
Got a good feeling about this one.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 04:51 PM
Not convinced Vanney was wrong about much, frankly.

I agree with this. The only glaring issue Vanney had was lack of substitutions (using 1 or 2 of the 5 allowed) and the occasional early desire to shut up shop and try to hold a lead for 40+ minutes rather than maintain takin status quo longer

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 04:59 PM
I agree with this. The only glaring issue Vanney had was lack of substitutions (using 1 or 2 of the 5 allowed) and the occasional early desire to shut up shop and try to hold a lead for 40+ minutes rather than maintain takin status quo longer
He wasn’t perfect. But retrospect seems to be proving he was most right about his decisions. If I had to nit pick, I’d mention the subs too but also general squad rotation / hesitancy to play youth vs. steady but unspectacular vet options.

If you were asking me why Greg Vanney didn’t take is even further last year. I would point the figure at Curtis and his slow decision making / lack of foresight in thinking about team needs.

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 05:13 PM
He wasn’t perfect. But retrospect seems to be proving he was most right about his decisions. If I had to nit pick, I’d mention the subs too but also general squad rotation / hesitancy to play youth vs. steady but unspectacular vet options.

If you were asking me why Greg Vanney didn’t take is even further last year. I would point the figure at Curtis and his slow decision making / lack of foresight in thinking about team needs.

Can’t help but wonder if this is part of the reason Vanney left. I get a headache just listening to Curtis interview!

jloome
07-07-2021, 05:16 PM

Yep. If we have Soteldo or similar last season when Poz goes down maybe we keep the
Momentum going. If we had a new line-leading centre back, we maybe win the supporters shield.

Then maybe he stays, too.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 05:27 PM
Hmm...Mavinga not in the 18 - will hear why I'm sure.

Singh at the back

Lawrence & Akinola play

4-2-3-1

Richard
07-07-2021, 05:29 PM
Is Westburg injured?

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1412897471093686282?s=20

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 05:30 PM
Is Westburg injured?

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1412897471093686282?s=20

Yes. Caught his finger between bar and ball on a scorching shot last game he played. Guessing was broken

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 05:37 PM
That’s about as good a line up as we can have right now. Wonder about Mavinga, of course, but I think Endoh has to start over Shaff - last game at least two and I think three goals were scored from Shaff defensive weakness.

mowe
07-07-2021, 05:41 PM
First time Pozuelo and Soteldo are starting together right?

noxx98
07-07-2021, 05:49 PM
Would prefer Shaffelburg over Endoh, but Endoh likely gives us a bit more defensively at this point and gives us the option for Shaff to come in and run at a tired defense around the 60th minute.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 05:51 PM
7:08 kickoff

(wasn't saying that when I started this thread)

Luanda
07-07-2021, 05:52 PM
Shaff probably replacing Endoh around the 60th min.
In the case of Mavinga, perhaps it is the Covid situation with his family in Congo.

noxx98
07-07-2021, 05:59 PM
https://twitter.com/torontofc/status/1412905938986717200?s=21
Looks like Perruzza is back with the team. Rocco was also shown. I couldn’t catch any glimpses of Mavinga.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 06:17 PM
So much for getting to bed by 10

rydermike
07-07-2021, 06:18 PM
Weather delay

Graeme
07-07-2021, 06:23 PM
I'm scared to watch! Who knows WHAT we'll see...

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 06:27 PM
It looks like it might clear up around 7:30

Gringo Starr
07-07-2021, 06:30 PM
Man husky guys must hate those Revs crooked stripe shirts, usually vertical stripes are slimming but those make fit guys look curvy.

portu
07-07-2021, 06:32 PM
In case you were wondering what happened last lightning delay featuring a diminutive DP in his first season: https://youtu.be/j2Z28OJ4wMA

barticusz
07-07-2021, 06:43 PM
In case you were wondering what happened last lightning delay featuring a diminutive DP in his first season: https://youtu.be/j2Z28OJ4wMA

I was just thinking about this. :) Maybe we finally see Soltedo break out this game.

Mavinga not being in the lineup to me is telling. His swing and a miss play was something out of community league soccer.

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 06:49 PM
I was just thinking about this. :) Maybe we finally see Soltedo break out this game.

Mavinga not being in the lineup to me is telling. His swing and a miss play was something out of community league soccer.

What was this ? I assume happened last game ?

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 06:52 PM
The thunderstorm warning from the US weather service was just removed(thunderstorm watch in place until 11pm) and the storm front has passed, hopefully they start soon.

Thomas
07-07-2021, 07:01 PM
Just checked the radar. The yellow and red has passed. This will hopefully start soon, unless regular rain is delaying the match.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 07:07 PM
There is always a rewarmup period - 20 minutes IIRC. Can't find this part of the rules.

Gringo Starr
07-07-2021, 07:19 PM
Game starts at 8:32 per TFC tweet

Thomas
07-07-2021, 07:22 PM
Thanks for letting us know

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 07:31 PM

Nigel Reed was very good. Greg putting Haggs at RB was not.

Bushmancan
07-07-2021, 07:38 PM
If we don’t absolutely sh-t the bed against Vancouver and Montreal in those two games in the Canadian bubble, we win the shield. If Jozy starts the second half against Seattle, we another Cup. You can look back at many things, I personally thought we moved left to right way to often, never delivered an effective cross and became highly predictable in the last 20 minutes of a game when we put on 3 CBs. Vanney is a great coach and we would not have been Champions without him, but he left.

We need to move forward.

Armas was a really bad plan, time to move forward. It begins tonight.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 07:41 PM
We've survived 3 minutes without a goal against. The Perez era us starting well

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 07:42 PM
5 minutes without a goal against - PROGRESS

jloome
07-07-2021, 07:44 PM
We've survived 3 minutes without a goal against. The Perez era us starting well
Idiots on TSN switched back to the game on four but not on one. Missed three minutes.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 07:45 PM
Soteldo!

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 07:45 PM
There's something you don't see every day.

jloome
07-07-2021, 07:46 PM
Great start!

ag futbol
What is that? An actually goal?

It’s a miracle!

wopchop
Idiots on TSN switched back to the game on four but not on one. Missed three minutes.
God forbid we interupt those bloopers

noxx98
We were due for the other team making a mistake. Great decision to run at that by Soteldo.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 07:48 PM

Hmmmm...

Richard
07-07-2021, 07:49 PM
I think Soltedo is going to be a nightmare for other teams in this league.

noxx98
07-07-2021, 07:51 PM
We look like an entirely different team from Saturday.

ag futbol
I feel like the whole new manager thing is a big deal….

benito
Do my eyes deceive me?

MikeForbes
07-07-2021, 07:52 PM
Javier Perez is the greatest manager of all time.

mowe
07-07-2021, 07:53 PM
Loving the post-Armas era!

rydermike
2-0 after 15 and were not the team losing

ag futbol
Javier Perez, hot dogs for life! (No drinks, no drinks)

Richard
07-07-2021, 07:55 PM
If this isn't a damning indictment that the team quit on Armas I don't know what is.

Inklink
07-07-2021, 07:56 PM
It can still go south, but this is night and day

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 07:57 PM
If this isn't a damning indictment that the team quit on Armas I don't know what is.
Bono looks about the same. Everyone else much better.

Thomas
07-07-2021, 07:57 PM
Check that Bono long ball clearance….almost led to a goal

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Yeh, our defence still isn't all that good & we are likely to lose this one in my head but....at least they are playing to the strengths of the team

Love Akinola looking at the formation change

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 07:58 PM
Akinola reading Arena’s instructions over Farrells shoulder! Hilarious.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 07:59 PM
It’s almost like giving your two central mids some sort of defined role / position leads to better play….

RealG-TFC
07-07-2021, 07:59 PM
Bono's got to challenge that

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 08:00 PM

I love his demeanor on the sideline. Completely impassive.

Thomas
07-07-2021, 08:00 PM
Again. We don’t seem to be missing the absence of the pylon Jozy.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:01 PM
Oh my god. What is happening

jloome
Daaaamn.

rydermike
What a strike by Endoh

mauser09
We're gonna win the league

Inklink
07-07-2021, 08:02 PM
Holy what a goal endooooooooooooooooooooo

MightyDM
“End-oh”!!!!

rydermike
Perez gets to be official manager

OgtheDim
Akinola is....doing the Lord's work in there like we havn't seen since last year. Lets see if he can go longer then 60 minutes but he is putting it out there

That was the Endoh from college and TFCII games.

benito
Beautiful strike by endoh

Thomas
07-07-2021, 08:03 PM
Guys are playing with something to prove. Obviously things were not well in the locker room with Armas

portu
Oh my god is this real

mowe
I want 7.

Smokecell
1000% support my ass

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:04 PM
1000% support my ass
Yeah I was going to say.

Clearly, these guys rolled over last game to rid themselves of some deadweight

jloome
Is Curtis sitting at home now going “pleasedontbenigntanddaypleasedontbenightanddayple ase…”

But it’s night and day.

MightyDM
It’s almost like giving your two central mids some sort of defined role / position leads to better play….

Love it

Richard
Seriously though, lets keep Perez on board for the year.

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 08:05 PM
Guys are playing with something to prove. Obviously things were not well in the locker room with Armas

Yup.

Kamp Berg
Love it

I’m so happy right now, I really don’t care what happens the rest of tonight!

jloome

The mere fact of him not yelling from the sideline all game makes it nth degree more bearable, probably for the players, too.

MightyDM
1000% support my ass

Yup.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 08:06 PM
Is Curtis sitting at home now going “pleasedontbenigntanddaypleasedontbenightanddayple ase…”

But it’s night and day.

It's not even night and day. Night has moon and stars. This is pitch black dungeon vs surface of the sun

Richard
Bono is still a bomb scare though. If he stays on the team he needs to seek some sport therapist.

Yuushalinsky
Endoh looks so much better with a running mate in Soteldo - he's always been good but damn son.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:08 PM
The mere fact of him not yelling from the sideline all game makes it nth degree more bearable, probably for the players, too.

Getting yelled at non stop is annoying and can be grating but when it's coming from a moron with no clue, it causes what we saw all year until now.

SirBobSaget
07-07-2021, 08:09 PM
Completely different to the way they’re playing now. Haven’t seen the cbs having to constantly sprint back trying to recover. No more high line plus 2 midfielders actually supporting them is making Gonzalez seem ok again.

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 08:09 PM
Wouldn’t call this a high press

rydermike
07-07-2021, 08:11 PM
We got lucky there

Inklink
07-07-2021, 08:12 PM
Bono giving me anxiety, damn

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 08:13 PM
Bono NEVER comes out to the 6. Never ever

Inklink
07-07-2021, 08:14 PM
Extremely lucky.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:15 PM
Bono giving me anxiety, damn
Ditching his contract should be Ali job #1. Stay away from key day to day stuff and just prattle around trying to work a miracle. No matter what anybody says, Bono is not a $500K GK.

MightyDM
They are dropping too deep. Ayo is just outside the 18. I get it but you need an outlet.

portu
Three things right now:
1. Barely any lateral or backwards passes (centrebacks don’t exist when we attack basically)
2. Always trying to move the ball forwards
3. Ball gets cleared immediately if there’s no obvious pass on

This is genuinely back to basics.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:16 PM
Bono NEVER comes out to the 6. Never ever
Yeah that was extremely obvious on that slow looping ball that eventually found Buksa for a feather soft header.

If you’re not going to come for that…

Thomas
Bono….such a waste doing those long ball goal kicks..better to build up from the back

jloome
Damn, they took the gloves off endoh.

Inklink
Endoh wow

benito
07-07-2021, 08:17 PM
Bono has butterfingers

jloome
Ran right under him, lol. dude is a bombscare.

RealG-TFC
Jesus Bono is he trying to throw the game?

Inklink
what the heckkkk

rocktml
07-07-2021, 08:18 PM
Endoh is so underrated

mowe
Bono is consistently a disaster waiting to happen.

Ultra & Proud
Silva has to be better than this. Has to.

portu
Bono is cementing himself as a total train wreck this season. He’s accumulated a blooper reel in less than 10 matches.

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:19 PM
Solid defensive positioning. He’s told them to stick to their zones, obviously , instead of stepping out to challenge too much.

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 08:19 PM
Yeah that was extremely obvious on that slow looping ball that eventually found Buksa for a feather soft header.

If you’re not going to come for that…

New England is picking on that with those soft balls over the top.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:20 PM
I’m not saying we don’t sub on Kevin Silva at halftime but…

jloome
Omar speaking up and leading the line, wow. Never seen him do that before.

Kamp Berg
Silva has to be better than this. Has to.

My thoughts exactly, I was surprised he didn’t get a look today.

benito
New England has missed some great chances. Fortunate to be ahead by three.

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Oops, Omar brain fart.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 08:21 PM
Bono is talking more then he ever has but ooooooooooooo the rest

Singh is OK but he needs to be a bit more present

portu
07-07-2021, 08:22 PM
Back line dumpster fire. They have to do something about this in the summer window. It’s probably more important than Jozy at this point.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 08:23 PM
Almost 4

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:23 PM
Bah.

Edit spoke too soon….

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:25 PM
Not even a smile. Fucking love this guy already.

Thomas
07-07-2021, 08:26 PM
Don’t think that goal was off side

Thomas
07-07-2021, 08:28 PM
Better not bunker for the 2nd…better to keep the same shape we had in the 1st half

ag futbol
Nice work. Took a bit of luck to keep them off the board but this change actually makes the good part of our team, look good.

Now it’s up to Curtis to do his stupid job and actually find reinforcements.

Richard
We are lucky this game is not 3-3, but we are fighting every loose ball, 50-50, and looking like championship material on offense.

The goal keeping, and backline need immediate addressing though.

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 08:29 PM
Better not bunker for the 2nd…better to keep the same shape we had in the 1st half

Good thing Perez doesn’t have another cb to sub in.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:29 PM
It wasn't but I knew they wouldn't count it as PRO refs aren't familiar with the rules of the game.

noxx98
07-07-2021, 08:30 PM
The goal that was called back reminded me of Jordan Hamilton's goal from a few years ago when Chapman was miles offside, but they deemed that the defender played the ball backwards. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGDjqr9RQD4

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 08:30 PM
We are lucky this game is not 3-3, but we are fighting every loose ball, 50-50, and looking like championship material on offense.

The goal keeping, and backline need immediate addressing though.

We need a new cb leader, pronto.

Richard
07-07-2021, 08:31 PM
Nice work. Took a bit of luck to keep them off the board but this change actually makes the good part of our team, look good.

Now it’s up to Curtis to do his stupid job and actually find reinforcements.

This team with a just a couple more competent backline players is a genuine contender again.

Absolutely shocking none of that was addressed in the offseason.

OgtheDim
yeh....not confident of us getting points out of this, to be honest. Some of our guys are going to tire and the replacements may not be as effective.

So much going right....but that defence.

rydermike

VAR ref was like it's 3-0, let's give them a break

Canary10
07-07-2021, 08:32 PM
I wouldn’t have thought we were winning 3-0 from reading the last page of comments!

Inklink
07-07-2021, 08:33 PM
Off topic, but Why does this site show "not secure"?

Canary10
It wasn't but I knew they wouldn't count it as PRO refs aren't familiar with the rules of the game.

Looked pretty offside to me.

jloome
They’re really missing Buchanan. He spaces the field for the, which gives Gil, Bou and Buska more space to operate.

Richard
I would love to be a fly in the NE dressing room. Bruce might be giving them the old Fergie hairdryer treatment. g:D

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Off topic, but Why does this site show "not secure"?

Because it's http and not https.

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:34 PM
Looked pretty offside to me.

Defender touched it on the way through.

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 08:36 PM

I can't remember what the current rule is. Akinola was offside when the pass was made. But it then went off a defender before getting to Akinola. However the ball didn't really change direction off the defender.

Canary10
07-07-2021, 08:36 PM
Defender touched it on the way through.

Didn’t look like it to me.

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 08:37 PM
Wow what a difference, amazing! With a bit of help from the goal posts and some bad finishing from NE...

It will be really interesting to see how they come out 2nd half. Can Perez tighten up some of the troublespots?
- Occasionally dicking around with the ball at the top of our 18-yard box. We don't need that.
- Defensively more solid tonight, apart from individual brain farts, but sometimes the position was off and leaving unnecessary holes.
- Soteldo, Pozuelo and Akinola all looked pretty tired around the 35th minute. Perez will have to figure out how to manage their minutes and positioning, and when to sub them off w/o weakening the squad too much.
- Can Perez motivate them more in the dressing room, compared to what Arena will do in the NE dressing room?

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:37 PM
This team with a just a couple more competent backline players is a genuine contender again.

Absolutely shocking none of that was addressed in the offseason.
Ya agreed. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in one of the articles post-Armas mentioned this was raised in certain quarters internally but ignored by Curtis.

I’m hoping he continues to feel the heat over all this. Clearly the struggles of this team are primarily his doing.

lobo
07-07-2021, 08:38 PM
Anybody have a link to a good stream? I was half-hearted watching remotely on a bad stream, but all of a sudden I'm rather interested in this game.

Richard
07-07-2021, 08:40 PM
Anybody have a link to a good stream? I was half-hearted watching remotely on a bad stream, but all of a sudden I'm rather interested in this game.

Its about 4 minute behind.

http://freestreams-live1.com/tsn4-ca/

lobo
07-07-2021, 08:44 PM
Its about 4 minute behind.

http://freestreams-live1.com/tsn4-ca/

cheers

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:44 PM
We have to break out more to relieve some of the pressure. But at least guys are holding their positions.

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 08:47 PM
It shouldn't be such a drastic swing in performance.

Clearly Curtis' has a big ego and underestimated impact his friend would have coaching talent .

Bushmancan
07-07-2021, 08:47 PM
Vic just said it…

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:48 PM
Could probably get a pretty good CB for Bono's + DeLeon's combined salaries.

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 08:48 PM
Vic just said it…

Said what

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 08:49 PM
Also impressed with the coaches book of thoughts

The site is impressive he also has videos that break down tactics which was cool to see

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:49 PM
We’re playing very cautiously but that’s ok. Good to see Pozuelo defending from the front

Oldtimer
07-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Solid defensive positioning. He’s told them to stick to their zones, obviously , instead of stepping out to challenge too much.

Imagine that, zonal defence instead of man-marking...

yeh....not confident of us getting points out of this, to be honest. Some of our guys are going to tire and the replacements may not be as effective.

So much going right....but that defence.

They still are weak, but playing intelligently makes them much better than under Armas.

Bushmancan
07-07-2021, 08:50 PM
Said what

Can’t repeat it but everyone knows you don’t talk about it while a game is on…

EDIT - he talked about Bono having a shut out…. Asshole!!

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 08:51 PM
I think we are going to see DeLeon for sure.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 08:52 PM
My god he was slow to see that.

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Bruce Arena is such a whiny bitch.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:53 PM
Bono didn't deserve a clean sheet this long with how he's played.

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 08:54 PM
Lol Bono Bono Bono

I guess we all been praising coach but we should question why Bono is in net

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:55 PM
We must have doubled our pass count this game.

Canary10
07-07-2021, 08:56 PM
Wasn’t Bono in a couple of USMNT camps a few years ago? Really shocking looking at him now. I don’t understand what’s happened.

jloome
07-07-2021, 08:57 PM
Damn, Soteldo is class. For whatever Curtis’s numerous other deficiencies, that was a good signing.

Ultra & Proud
07-07-2021, 08:59 PM
Wasn’t Bono in a couple of USMNT camps a few years ago? Really shocking looking at him now. I don’t understand what’s happened.

He's probably the worst starting GK in MLS (if he gets more starts, which he shouldn't).

Edit - forgot about Vermeer. So he is neck & neck for worst GK in MLS

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 09:00 PM
Obligatory STFU Caldwell.

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 09:00 PM
A 5th goal here would just kill this game off....

Oldtimer
07-07-2021, 09:02 PM
Lol Bono Bono Bono

I guess we all been praising coach but we should question why Bono is in net

Q is injured.

Thomas
Does Bono almost always hoof the goal kick up, instead of passing it

Auzzy
I think we need a sub desperately, who should Perez put on & take off?

OgtheDim
07-07-2021, 09:03 PM
So...new guy...maybe a sub?

Thomas
07-07-2021, 09:04 PM
Who is gassed.? Subs soon

rydermike
I expect Akinola to come off. I'm sure Canada asked for him not to play 90,letting him syay

ag futbol
I think we need a sub desperately, who should Perez put on & take off?
Akinola. Ran his socks off in the first half and was a beast at holding up the ball but hasn’t been as active in the 2nd.

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 09:05 PM
Why does Gonzalez pass back to Bono there while not under pressure, you know TFC will just lose possession after holding on to the ball very nicely.

FootBallAZ
Does Bono almost always hoof the goal kick up, instead of passing it

Lol ayo threw his hands up at Bono like what was that

OgtheDim
So looking forward to Soteldo @ BMO

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Akinola. Ran his socks off in the first half and was a beast at holding up the ball but hasn’t been as active in the 2nd.

Mullins would help slow this game down and frustrate them.

FootBallAZ
07-07-2021, 09:06 PM
Q is injured.

I know but doesn't justify having a look at someone else

noxx98
07-07-2021, 09:08 PM
Think its time for Mullins and Shaff for Akinola and Endoh. Fresh legs up top.

Ultra & Proud
Needs to be Mullinho time.

Bushmancan
I guess it will be Endoh

jloome
Man, Bruce Arena is just a heart attack waiting to happen

Richard
Damn, Soteldo is class. For whatever Curtis’s numerous other deficiencies, that was a good signing.

His playstyle reminds me of Messi, low center of gravity, fast, got some tricks, and looks quite muscular to boot.

Auzzy
07-07-2021, 09:09 PM
I hope Perez doesn't think that Vanney's key to success was always making very late subs...

Thomas
07-07-2021, 09:11 PM
Time for the anti vacc Deleon

Kamp Berg
07-07-2021, 09:12 PM
Delgado seems back to his old self. Don’t think he was a fan of Armas.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 09:12 PM
I hope Perez doesn't think that Vanney's key to success was always making very late subs...

Could just be not trusting the kids against the 1st place team in a must win game. Bench is mostly young guys today

jloome
07-07-2021, 09:13 PM
Ayo milking it, Concacaf style

Bushmancan
07-07-2021, 09:14 PM
Auro looks gassed… NO more overlaps

jloome
07-07-2021, 09:14 PM
Damn.

Need to find a third wind.

ag futbol
07-07-2021, 09:15 PM
Bradley did a nice job dropping back this game and putting in the odd tackle but the dude’s legs look like they are done when it comes to man marking.

Their mids are just skating by him with ease

Ultra & Proud
Singh ball watching.

benito
Singh was caught napping on the cross.

samuraizero
Good header, but bono looks like a dear in the headlights

FootBallAZ
Bono Bono Bono

Did he fall into the netting afterwards

samuraizero
07-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Bono Bono Bono

Looked like he was trying to waste a bit of time while a NE player was coming to collect the ball

MightyDM
07-07-2021, 09:16 PM
Ya agreed. Correct me if I’m wrong, but in one of the articles post-Armas mentioned this was raised in certain quarters internally but ignored by Curtis.

I’m hoping he continues to feel the heat over all this. Clearly the struggles of this team are primarily his doing.

Armas never said that. Lots of others have. Not him.

rydermike
07-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Bono Bono Bono

He jumped on the ball so New England couldn't race it to centre. Thats one of his best skills, jumping on a ball after a goal against while winning. He does it consistently

jloome
07-07-2021, 09:17 PM
Feels bad now, like they’re standing off too much.

PizzaEatingYeti
07-07-2021, 09:18 PM
Our defense is still utter shit.
Every match we need to score at least 4 to be sure we do not lose, lol.