PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 10 - Cinci "@" TFC Saturday June 26 7:08pm - There is no guarantee

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
06-24-2021, 06:43 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wO2ebiuV3hU

Have at It People

MikeForbes
06-24-2021, 07:37 AM
Gonna be tough against a Cincinnati team that is above us in the standings...

Is a phrase I never thought I'd have to type.

Initial B
06-24-2021, 09:21 AM
They've had two morale-crushing losses in a row. We don't have enough data on how well Armas deals with adversity like this. I think they could make an inspired comeback, or completely implode and go into a death-spiral for the remaining games they are based in Florida. I can't help but think that their families are too happy being uprooted from Toronto, even if it makes the players happy. There's got to be a lot of domestic stress on the Canadian teams compared to their American counterparts.

Auzzy
06-24-2021, 09:28 AM
They've had two morale-crushing losses in a row. We don't have enough data on how well Armas deals with adversity like this. I think they could make an inspired comeback, or completely implode and go into a death-spiral for the remaining games they are based in Florida. I can't help but think that their families are too happy being uprooted from Toronto, even if it makes the players happy. There's got to be a lot of domestic stress on the Canadian teams compared to their American counterparts.

I think it also varies between players. Some could bring their whole family to Orlando. Others have partners with jobs or other ties in Toronto. Plus some of the younger guys don't have their own family or kids yet, but they're also away from their extended family and friends in Toronto. And finally: Orlando in March is one thing, when the weather in Toronto is usually still crap. Many months later, Orlando in late June is different, with every day friggin hot and humid, every day high risk of thunderstorms, you know how that feels.

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2021, 09:28 AM
One step closer to equaling Winter's 2012 disasterous start coming up.

OgtheDim
06-24-2021, 10:49 AM
FWIW, team flew back to Orlando last night

https://twitter.com/SportsAviation/status/1408084593517989898

Their recovery is going to be crud but so will Cinci who were in Chicago

613reppingTFC
06-24-2021, 11:18 AM
oh wow, are they normally flying that late and getting in at 3am after a game? You're right I can't imagine it will be a great recovery.

Also do we think Poz and Oso are going to be good to go on Saturday? Subs?

Oldtimer
06-24-2021, 11:24 AM
One step closer to equaling Winter's 2012 disasterous start coming up.

This thread says "No guarantee," but I can pretty well guarantee TFC will not win. OK, not 100% but 95%+.

Will Curtis clean house? Montreal has a much better record and they have the same disadvantages in terms of playing in the US. This game could be the tipping point.

jloome
06-24-2021, 01:16 PM
I just want to see a tactical approach to attacking their weaknesses and breaking them down. We keep trying to impose rigidity on games where we need flexibility.

we can do that with our best players. Without them, we have to take the game to the other team by exploiting their weaknesses . “We,play our game” is beyond our roster depth right now.

ag futbol
06-24-2021, 01:52 PM
I just want to see a tactical approach to attacking their weaknesses and breaking them down. We keep trying to impose rigidity on games where we need flexibility.

we can do that with our best players. Without them, we have to take the game to the other team by exploiting their weaknesses . “We,play our game” is beyond our roster depth right now.
Very good point. At a minimum I think we need to tidy the defensive shape up. Throwing too many guys forward or pressing with Bradley / Delgado should be off the table for now.

Be shrewd, adjust for the other team. Plug some of the leaks in this boat.

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2021, 02:33 PM
Montreal has a much better record and they have the same disadvantages in terms of playing in the US. This game could be the tipping point.

And a much shittier, cheaper roster even with our DPs out.

Ultra & Proud
06-24-2021, 02:36 PM
I just want to see a tactical approach to attacking their weaknesses and breaking them down. We keep trying to impose rigidity on games where we need flexibility

Oldtimer can't 100% say that we will not win but I can 100% say that we will show no new tactical approach, no flexibility, and no appearance of anything resembling a customized gameplan to address our opponent's strengths or weaknesses. We will do the exact same thing over and over and over and over until Armas is fired. This is our groundhog day.

Auzzy
06-24-2021, 04:00 PM
oh wow, are they normally flying that late and getting in at 3am after a game? You're right I can't imagine it will be a great recovery.

Also do we think Poz and Oso are going to be good to go on Saturday? Subs?

I believe due to COVID protocols MLS is generally trying to avoid overnight stays.

MikeForbes
06-24-2021, 06:16 PM
I see some people, including Chris Mavinga, using the relocation excuse. But this team relocated last year and still finished second in the race for the Shield. The only big difference is the guy running the squad. I will give the players some slack, just the results are unacceptable and someone is soon going to have to pay the price if we lose to Cinci.

OgtheDim
06-25-2021, 06:36 AM
I see some people, including Chris Mavinga, using the relocation excuse..

Its his life

I tend to believe a guy actually living it

We all know of or have seen people who snapped in the last 4 months in one way shape or form after getting through last year - it happens. To expect a group of people to keep going like they did last year is just not realistic. As I have said, I have issues with Armas. But doubting in ANY WAY what Mavinga said. that to me is being unfair.

Auzzy
06-25-2021, 07:37 AM
Exactly, of course the situation will wear on people more over time, and especially in the second year. Plus last year they were competing against teams that were all facing disruptions, including the higher impact of the virus on a number of the US teams. This year most of the other teams are living quite normal lives.

Doesn’t mean Armas or Curtis or Manning is good at his job. Just something to consider.

Richard
06-25-2021, 08:23 AM
Hold up though. Are there not a lot of ex-pats, snowbirds in Florida? Surely with a full year of planning you could somehow arrange for at least a few hundred home supporters.

MikeForbes
06-25-2021, 09:05 AM
Yeah, I was probably being a bit harsh with my comment. My bad, guys.

reggie
06-25-2021, 09:16 AM
MTL seem ok,new coach,half the budget tfc are and they are in every game and dont seem to allow the gaffs like tfc do every game,the no excuse armas has become the every excuse armas,he sort of blamed the loud crowd for the collapse the other night

Ultra & Proud
06-25-2021, 09:23 AM
Its his life

I tend to believe a guy actually living it

We all know of or have seen people who snapped in the last 4 months in one way shape or form after getting through last year - it happens. To expect a group of people to keep going like they did last year is just not realistic. As I have said, I have issues with Armas. But doubting in ANY WAY what Mavinga said. that to me is being unfair.
I agree that it must be tough to manage but if I was a manager or GM and in control of a group of players dealing with something like this the last thing I would do is throw a whole new system on them to figure out on top of dealing with temporarily living in another country. Vanney left and that is what it is but Curtis & Manning said they wanted continuity with the roster so why do things that make all this harder?

I assume they did this because the team is out of sight and out of mind and therefore have less media eyes on them, that coupled with their secrecy means we know much less that normal. Curtis knew he wanted to change to the RB style and it would be ugly so better to do it in in Florida in front of zero fans.

jloome
06-25-2021, 10:09 AM
I assume they did this because the team is out of sight and out of mind

More likely it was just stupid. Generally, when you have a choice between devious and stupid, assume stupid.

OgtheDim
06-25-2021, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I was probably being a bit harsh with my comment. My bad, guys.

This season suks man....we all are harsh at some point.

OgtheDim
06-25-2021, 10:32 AM
Molinaro saying Poz & Oso not listed as questionable for Saturday

Some wag asked why Armas wasn't....

613reppingTFC
06-25-2021, 11:01 AM
So if they are not listed as questionable does that mean we think Armas will make the same mistake? He plays both Oso and Poz until either they have more tightness or an injury. He realizes they need to come out early in the second half due to playing so much over the last few weeks and both coming off injury. I don't want to see either of them re-injured here, but we know what kind of a team we looked like without them on the field. Someone suggested putting Oso on in the second half and taking Poz off, that might be an option. I'm quite nervous about tomorrow and can see this game going either way, even though we should be the clear winners.

Ultra & Proud
06-25-2021, 11:09 AM
I'm quite nervous about tomorrow and can see this game going either way, even though we should be the clear winners.
Look at the brightside: the Union are visiting the Fire so we'll most likely not be in the wooden spoon spot tomorrow evening. We'll just be runners up.

613reppingTFC
06-25-2021, 11:21 AM
Look at the brightside: the Union are visiting the Fire so we'll most likely not be in the wooden spoon spot tomorrow evening. We'll just be runners up.

yeah I suppose so..but still.

On a side note, (since you mentioned those teams) I've been checking out the Pro Line for this weekend and (I haven't played a lot of it before so maybe someone can help me understand) but why would there be such a close odds between union(2.5) and Fire (2.6) when they are dead last and union is in 3rd place. But then for Toronto it's cinci (5.0) vs Tor (1.5). Is it a home vs away thing? standings don't count or maybe they pull last season record to help out with this decision?

MikeForbes
06-25-2021, 12:50 PM
Looks like Poz is in doubt for tomorrow.

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1408478938213629959?s=20

613reppingTFC
06-25-2021, 12:57 PM
with a comment like that, Armas will be roasted (not that he isn't already) if he plays Poz and then he gets further injured.

reggie
06-25-2021, 01:01 PM
where is jozy,,,6wks and counting.maybe 2 more weeks:facepalm:

MikeForbes
06-25-2021, 01:40 PM
where is jozy,,,6wks and counting.maybe 2 more weeks:facepalm:

Doubt we see Jozy again as a TFC player. A little info on the subject would be great though, wouldn't it?

Ultra & Proud
06-25-2021, 02:06 PM
Doubt we see Jozy again as a TFC player. A little info on the subject would be great though, wouldn't it?
Curtis announced a press conference about the Jozy situation to take place about 2 weeks from now.

portu
06-25-2021, 02:30 PM
Curtis announced a press conference about the Jozy situation to take place about 2 weeks from now.
It's incredibly sad that I'm unsure if this is a joke or not

MightyDM
06-25-2021, 03:03 PM
They have totally mishandled the Jozy situation. Put themselves in a corner. We aren’t Arsenal with Ozil for gosh sakes. Unless that’s what they mean by “big club”

Ultra & Proud
06-25-2021, 03:49 PM
They have totally mishandled the Jozy situation. Put themselves in a corner. We aren’t Arsenal with Ozil for gosh sakes. Unless that’s what they mean by “big club”

Well our FO is about as forthcoming as Kronke is with their supporters.

OgtheDim
06-25-2021, 05:16 PM
Cinci travel plans were a bit....messy

https://twitter.com/LaurelPfahler/status/1408541813267484673

leedsandTFC
06-25-2021, 05:56 PM
said before the orlando game that if we lost the next 3 the manager was in trouble.

that would be 1 win in 10, drifting far afloat of even the last playoff spot.

lose tomorrow vs the worst side in MLS and playoff hopes basically dead unless we switch manager quickly afterwards.

James17930
06-26-2021, 01:54 AM
said before the orlando game that if we lost the next 3 the manager was in trouble.

lose tomorrow vs the worst side in MLS and playoff hopes basically dead unless we switch manager quickly afterwards.

This makes complete logical sense, but I just don't see Armas getting fired this year, given all the difficult circumstances. If they come back to BMO and keep losing, then yes, but otherwise, they'll probably give him until next year to turn things around.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 06:19 AM

Agreed. Hard to survive as coach if we lose today. It’s that sort of eye-watering bad that starts to put attention on the GM and President and not just the coach.

They can trot out all the excuses they want, some of them are indeed valid. But if we focus down on the things they did have under their control, they did a poor job of those and that is really the bottom line for me in terms of relieving people of their duties.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 08:46 AM
I genuinely am not sure if we can get a result if we don't have Pozuelo. Gonna need a ton of Mullinho magic.

Kamp Berg
06-26-2021, 11:33 AM
I’m guessing that we’re probably going to see Gonzalez starting tonight.

Ultra & Proud
06-26-2021, 11:48 AM
I’m guessing that we’re probably going to see Gonzalez starting tonight.

Then we won't win. Omar = dropped points.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 11:51 AM
I think we'll see Shaff starting tonight with Osorio switching into the middle if Pozuelo is out.

Kamp Berg
06-26-2021, 12:12 PM
Then we won't win. Omar = dropped points.

I agree, I’d probably rather see Morrow get a shot at transitioning to CB or see if Singh can settle in.

daner90
06-26-2021, 12:15 PM
I don't think I have missed watching a TFC game since year 3 but it is hard to get excited to watch the garbage that Armas is putting out on the field right now.
I have faith in our lads and I think we have talent on this roster but without a plan it has gone to shit.

jloome
06-26-2021, 12:58 PM
This is just humiliating. (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2021/06/25/cincinnati-coms-prediction-fc-cincinnati-vs-toronto-fc-mls-match/5348367001/)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2021/06/25/cincinnati-coms-prediction-fc-cincinnati-vs-toronto-fc-mls-match/5348367001/

Graeme
06-26-2021, 12:58 PM
Free Altidore!

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 03:20 PM
This is just humiliating. (https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2021/06/25/cincinnati-coms-prediction-fc-cincinnati-vs-toronto-fc-mls-match/5348367001/)

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/soccer/fc-cincinnati/2021/06/25/cincinnati-coms-prediction-fc-cincinnati-vs-toronto-fc-mls-match/5348367001/

Sadly it’s an honest perspective on our shortcomings. Cincinnati wanting to put distance between them and us is humiliating.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 04:49 PM

You trust a headline?

Yeh, I read that cause I follow him on twitter & to be blunt - the analysis is only based on Cinci winning 1 game against Chicago.

This is Wheeler level.

Play the game & we will see but Cinci has been way worse then us.

jloome
06-26-2021, 04:52 PM
You trust a headline?

Yeh, I read that cause I follow him on twitter & to be blunt - the analysis is only based on Cinci winning 1 game against Chicago.

This is Wheeler level.

Play the game & we will see but Cinci has been way worse then us.

It's not humiliating because it's true, it's humiliating that our league position is so low they have the ammunition to make the claim.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:02 PM
Fair enough

The local US soccer media scene is filled with people in their 20-40's severely attached to the team they report on. Not saying Brennan would cheer in the press box but the narrative is always a little too momentum oriented when winning & "there are some good things going on" when they don't.

Striker Texas do a good job with those 3 teams and the older guys have learned their cynicism.

Brennan does do a good job with the weather wherever he goes though

https://twitter.com/PBrennanENQ/status/1408904806002012165

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:23 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1408911011306950656?s=20

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:24 PM
Looks like a 5-3-2. Or potentially a 3-5-2

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:24 PM
No Poz & No Westberg either

3-5-2 / 5-3-2

613reppingTFC
06-26-2021, 05:25 PM
Westberg not even In lineup

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:26 PM
No Poz & No Westberg either

3-5-2 / 5-3-2

I seem to remember Westberg jamming a finger or two on the crossbar last game and needing a tape job.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:29 PM
I seem to remember Westberg jamming a finger or two on the crossbar last game and needing a tape job.

That's the speculation. Dwyer & Moulinho from the beginning. Dwyer is going to get under Cameron's skin I think.

Cinci looks like a 4-4-2 so this is going to be interesting.

FootBallAZ
06-26-2021, 05:29 PM
Lol

Trolling at its finest.

Yall are insanely patient.
Highest payroll, egos of players but gotta worry about manning, Curtis and Armas bloated egos

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 05:32 PM
Guys is that 3 at the back (plus two FB), or 4 at the back and Zavaleta playing RB?

EDIT Google is showing it as 4 at the back and Zavaleta playing RB, but what do they know

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:32 PM
Lol

Trolling at its finest.

OK, I'll bite

How is that lineup a troll?

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:35 PM
I look forward to 60+ minutes of shithousery from that legendary duo upfront.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 05:37 PM

Too bad this isn't a CONCACAF game...

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 05:39 PM
That's the speculation. Dwyer & Moulinho from the beginning. Dwyer is going to get under Cameron's skin I think.

Cinci looks like a 4-4-2 so this is going to be interesting.
I’m still not convinced Dwyer is anything but a horse we took off the truck to the glue factory.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:43 PM
Too bad this isn't a CONCACAF game...

I don't know. Cincinnati plays an awful lot like a team that might win a Champions League spot out of Panama.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 05:44 PM
I’m still not convinced Dwyer is anything but a horse we took off the truck to the glue factory.

What comes first? A Dwyer goal or a Dwyer red card?

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 05:49 PM
What comes first? A Dwyer goal or a Dwyer red card?
I’m going to say Dwyer on waivers

Canary10
06-26-2021, 05:51 PM
Looks like a fairly crap lineup with no Pozuelo, questionable offense and not sure about that backline. So I predict a win.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 05:52 PM
Looks like a fairly crap lineup with no Pozuelo, questionable offense and not sure about that backline. So I predict a win.

A win for whom? :D

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 05:56 PM
Q injured? He’s not even on the bench for this one.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:56 PM
I don't know. Cincinnati plays an awful lot like a team that might win a Champions League spot out of Panama.

This is...very apt.

There is a Tauro vs. 2011 TFC feel about this game.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 05:57 PM

Confirmed by Molinaro

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1408917861972811783

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 06:00 PM
Regardless of the recent keeper talk, I feel really bad for Westberg. All the crap we recently heard about, played great in his 2nd game, but injures his finger on a really good save.

portu
“Injured”

rydermike
No Westberg...No Pozuelo...No bueno

Smokecell
06-26-2021, 06:03 PM
The way this sideshow is going I wouldn’t even be surprised to see Pozuelo holding up another teams kit in a photo tomorrow

rydermike
06-26-2021, 06:04 PM
Shouldn't this have been made aware in an injury report though? Instead of finding out on a roster announcement

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 06:06 PM
Shouldn't this have been made aware in an injury report though? Instead of finding out on a roster announcement
This is really something the league should clean up. It’s pretty bush for the clubs to withhold information from the fans, although I can understand why from a competitive perspective you’d want to do it

RedsYNWA
06-26-2021, 06:12 PM
Dwyer & Mullins...... God help my eyes

portu
06-26-2021, 06:12 PM
Armas is bush league. “No excuses”, here are a list of excuses though. Honestly bro shove it and resign. MLS 1.0 bullshit.

Smokecell
06-26-2021, 06:14 PM
Armas is bush league. “No excuses”, here are a list of excuses though. Honestly bro shove it and resign. MLS 1.0 bullshit.

Co-sign this

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:16 PM

This is gonna be fun, actually.

DavemTFC
06-26-2021, 06:18 PM
Took literally 20 seconds for bonos first giveaway

Thomas
06-26-2021, 06:19 PM
There are no excuses if we don’t defeat this weak team, DPs or not.

rydermike
06-26-2021, 06:21 PM
Here we go. 1-0

DavemTFC
06-26-2021, 06:22 PM
Atrocious

samuraizero
Are there even words for this garbage play anymore?

benito
Geez

Thomas
06-26-2021, 06:23 PM
Just awful.

portu
This is a fucking embarrassment.

MightyDM
starting to wonder if "this is individual mistakes" is actually true.

rocktml
What the hell are we doing out there???? We have no game plan Everyone jogging out there with no purpose it seems like

samuraizero
06-26-2021, 06:24 PM
starting to wonder if "this is individual mistakes" is actually true.

Ya, managements for bringing on armas

FootBallAZ
OK, I'll bite

How is that lineup a troll?

I mean Bono to start.

Kamp Berg
Gonzalez is done, why is this so hard to accept?

Thomas
06-26-2021, 06:25 PM
Delgado seems lost in the Armas world

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:26 PM
WTF Marky tonight? Three poor touches in critical areas already, and its only been 7 minutes. Totally unlike him

SoccMan2
06-26-2021, 06:27 PM
Can’t wait for them to get embarrassed by Forge in the Canadian Championship final !

portu
06-26-2021, 06:28 PM
These players are way too fucking good to play this badly. One of the markers that RBNY noticed under Armas “was the obvious decline in individual performances”. Just saying.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:29 PM
How you noticed how many US teams are sponsored by Hospitals like "Mercy Healthcare?" I dont know about sponsors but we should hire them to run our training...

DavemTFC
06-26-2021, 06:29 PM
I know its been 12 minutes but can we sub delgado off before he costs us another goal?

Oldtimer
06-26-2021, 06:32 PM
These players are way too fucking good to play this badly. One of the markers that RBNY noticed under Armas “was the obvious decline in individual performances”. Just saying.

Yep. Red Bull supporters were glad to see the back of Armas. I suspect we will too.

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:33 PM
Hot garbage.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 06:34 PM
Missed the first 10 minutes. Already? Really?

Ultra & Proud
Yep. Red Bull supporters were glad to see the back of Armas. I suspect we will too.

I think at least 90% of people who follow TFC do by now. I did a month ago.

rydermike
If anyone wants to see something positive. TFC II plays at 730 against Fort Lauderdale (Inter Miami II). TFCII is on a 2 game winning streak

portu
06-26-2021, 06:35 PM
I’m still going to argue that this team still has almost no shape, rhyme or reason. There are some obvious things here and there, but it’s fucking bush league positional play.

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:37 PM
I’m still going to argue that this team still has almost no shape, rhyme or reason. There are some obvious things here and there, but it’s fucking bush league positional play.

Theyre just pumping long balls in, with Dwyer our main target.

it’s idiotic.

Osorio had fifteen empty yards to the box and crossed it instead of drawing anyone out. They’re just going through the motions.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:37 PM
I'm glad Zavaleta is getting a start. He's earned it with his play with El Salvador (oops Costa Rica )and Omar needs support and competition

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:39 PM
I'm glad Zavaleta is getting a start. He's earned it with his play with Costa Rica and Omar needs support and competition

El Salvador. He’s a grade ‘c’ MLS defender and history notwithstanding if he never touched a field for TFC again I’d be pretty happy.

still better this season than Omar.

Kamp Berg
06-26-2021, 06:44 PM
El Salvador. He’s a grade ‘c’ MLS defender and history notwithstanding if he never touched a field for TFC again I’d be pretty happy.

Sad but true. Neither of them should be starting.

portu
06-26-2021, 06:44 PM

I think if you’re holding Zavs on a 80k salary as your 4th option, you can do worse than a guy with an MLS Cup and over 100 appearances for the club. Omar is over the hill and never should have been signe, but he’s not been put in a position to succeed.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:45 PM
they are palying like they dont knowwhat the other players will do.

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:47 PM
Bench shot was telling. utter dejection. No sense we’re even in this even though it’s only 1-0.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:48 PM
gotta love Dwyer bash brother

portu
06-26-2021, 06:50 PM
Bradley is trying Olympico’s now. Shoot me. We are so out of ideas we have the MLS 3.0 equivalent of Gordon and Lenhart up front.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 06:50 PM
How effed up is this team? On the buildup before the Cinci goal, our D was already massively exposed. If the Cinci player had passed to the right, his teammate was all alone, it would already have been a goal for sure. But nobody from TFC saw that and helped out or repositioned themselves. Of course Delgado messed up massively with the giveaway, but look how many Cinci players were around him, and how far the other TFC players were away, offering no support either to pass the ball forward, or to defend if something goes wrong. If Cinci is high-pressing like that, the other TFC players HAVE to react.

There's often a huge gap in front of our defence. The full-backs don't know where they should be, while Bradley and Delgado have way too much space to cover.

And how the fuck was that not a yellow against Cinci earlier? 29 warnings before a yellow? First foul by Bradley is a yellow?

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 06:51 PM
Bench shot was telling. utter dejection. No sense we’re even in this even though it’s only 1-0.
It feels like the team is doing what is told but either doesn’t believe in it or is burnt out from all the setbacks.

portu
06-26-2021, 06:54 PM
Omg Dwyer was clean in. He can’t run anymore. That’s why he didn’t have a club until so late.

MightyDM
oh dear Mulhino

OgtheDim
Both of these teams on the pitch are not very good. This is Cinci's best team.

If we ever get 3 DPs on the pitch, we win this game 5-3.

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:55 PM
Fuck boys, just bush league. Goalie booting out a free ball.

Smokecell
Looks like a team who’s only instruction is “work hard and it’ll come”. There’s no rhyme or reason.

Auzzy
Fuck boys, just bush league. Goalie booting out a free ball.

2nd time at least. Maybe time to give Silva a look.

jloome
06-26-2021, 06:56 PM
Kubo should be off the pitch by now, he’s deliberately fouled so many times.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 06:57 PM
Know this has been a tough season and we have a bunch of guys out but I still don’t see how we can lose this.

We are basically playing against a USL-C team, and not a good one.

Auzzy
"Honest challenge" STFU Caldwell, absolute BS, nasty tackle like that can seriously injure.

ag futbol
Agreed. He’s slaughtered 3 guys already. Ref is clueless.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 06:58 PM

no-one is going to disagree with you

portu
06-26-2021, 06:59 PM
The fact that Cincinatti didn’t score off that giveaway speaks to how shit they are. Moreover how embarrassing losing to them is.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 06:59 PM

Agreed. He’s slaughtered 3 guys already. Ref is clueless.

And then Caldwell defends Kubo with the "honest challenge" BS.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:00 PM
Speaking of which, why are we playing a formation we never play? Once again, insane arrogance.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:01 PM
And then Caldwell defends Kubo with the "honest challenge" BS.
The honest challenge where the defender goes through the back of the player and puts his hands in his face.

Has anyone ever told Caldwell he’s in the wrong line of work / sport?

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:02 PM
What position is Mavinga playing? and when did he start taking throw ins?

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:02 PM
Can they make the taped crowd boo somehow? That would add realism to the atmosphere.

Canary10
06-26-2021, 07:04 PM
The ads in the stands look very real.

Auzzy
Speaking of which, why are we playing a formation we never play? Once again, insane arrogance.

Holy shit, just now Mavinga was 15 meters on Cinci's side of the midfield line, Gonzalez was behind him and 10 meters on Cinci's side, both way on the left side. This formation should be more solid in the back theoretically. They played like this sometimes under Vanney, did they completely forget?

DavemTFC
Pathetic. All of them.

ag futbol
Call me naive but you have no left side option since Solteldo is away and Osorio is needed elsewhere as the #10.

So why not bring in Shaffleburg as one of our only potent attacking threats this year? What has the kid done wrong not to get the start today?

In comparison, Dwyer is useless. We are wasting our time with him

Thomas
Shitty half.

jloome
This is difficult to watch. They’re not playing lazy, there’s just no cohesion, no game plan, no common sense.

Why on Earth switch us to a five-three-two with no prior experience in the set? It’s insanely dumb.

portu
I mean at least Armas remembered to send XI out onto the pitch. Gotta give something for effort.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:05 PM
Yup, that's a badly coached team.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 07:05 PM
Can they make the taped crowd boo somehow? That would add realism to the atmosphere.

hahahahahaha

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:06 PM
Holy shit, just now Mavinga was 15 meters on Cinci's side of the midfield line, Gonzalez was behind him and 10 meters on Cinci's side, both way on the left side. This formation should be more solid in the back theoretically. They played like this sometimes under Vanney, did they completely forget?

Vey rare, and they haven’t done it while pressing the ball.

winning tactics are derived from the balance of probabilities, not the element of surprise.

instilling a new way to lose track of each players role? I wasn’t sure there was anything dumber he could try. Wow. Proven wrong, Iguess

CBTFC
06-26-2021, 07:07 PM
I'm still having trouble believing that of all the coaching options in the world, that Chris Armas was our best choice.

This is super painful to watch.

OgtheDim
What position is Mavinga playing? and when did he start taking throw ins?

If you think back to 2016-2017 era 3-5-2 TFC, the outer 2 CB's often took thrown ins when the WB's went high.

I get the formation but you can't just throw it out there & hope players can figure it out. There is a HUGE gap between Osorio & Bradley/Delgado.

MikeForbes
The defense is absolutely clueless. Bradley and Delgado are both completely out of tune with each other. Osorio has touched the ball like 5 times. Dwyer runs around and kicks people. Morrow's legs are gone. Mullinho is basically playing as a 10. Bono just sucks.

Oh, and 90% of that stuff is on the coach.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 07:08 PM
Vey rare, and they haven’t done it while pressing the ball.

winning tactics are derived from the balance of possibilities, not the element of surprise.

I guess it would usually be late, when Vanney would sometimes throw on a third CB (not that it would work too great). But still, why are Mavinga and Gonzalez both strolling around together on the left side of the opponents half? How hard is it to stay back a bit, or at least look where your defensive colleagues are? Especially after you've been exposed so often in the back already?

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:11 PM
FWIW we played 3-5-2 for pretty much most of 2016-2017

A LITTLE different with Drew Moor running the show & Bradley able to run & the 2 forwards being all league.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:11 PM
In a more prideful era, a coach with Armas’ record would do the decent thing and resign.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:13 PM
In a more prideful era, a coach with Armas’ record would do the decent thing and resign.

Hope he is stashing his contract away. He is never getting another managing job after this disaster of a season.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:13 PM
FWIW we played 3-5-2 for pretty much most of 2016-2017

A LITTLE different with Drew Moor running the show & Bradley able to run & the 2 forwards being all league.

Plus most of the other players weren’t here. Half the team has never seen this look and we’re running it in a game. Insane.

portu
06-26-2021, 07:14 PM
Hope he is stashing his contract away. He is never getting another managing job after this disaster of a season.
It’s MLS. These guys get 9 lives.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:15 PM

True enough. He will probably be managing RSL next year while we hire Ben Olsen.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:17 PM
If he really screws up they’ll just have him manage youth teams for the USSF, like Kreis.

They say this league exists to develop American talent (coached and players). But really, it’s just to keep giving the same people jobs. There are plenty of good managers in North America not in the club and who never get the chance.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:20 PM
Ho hum . Be nice to see some heart and pride this half.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:21 PM
Look at Armas giving youngsters like Endoh a chance.

trane
06-26-2021, 07:21 PM

Imagine this was at BMO????

trane
06-26-2021, 07:22 PM
fuck me.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:23 PM
Delgado out made some sense.

Cinci is REALLY REALLY poor.

trane
This feels like 2010. But at least we were at the stadium.

Watching really poor sides, and yet we are just a little more shit.

jloome
Dwyer just ignores the defense’s line doesn’t even try to hold.

Shit striker. He’s been awful since KC and he was never better than an MLS 1.0 level. Again, terrible, arrogant signing.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:25 PM
Great finish says Caldwell. The guy was a mile offside.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:26 PM

Dwyer did that all his career

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:26 PM
Mavinga wisely holds off an exit pass to Osorio who has drifted too far out of position AND is double covered while demanding the ball.

yikes.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:27 PM

Shit striker. He’s been awful since KC and he was never better than an MLS 1.0 level. Again, terrible, arrogant signing.
But our eye for backup strikers is good. How else do you explain Terrence “cinder block feet” Boyd.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:27 PM
Great finish says Caldwell. The guy was a mile offside.

lol, yes easy to finish when the keeper doesn’t try to stop it and the defenders are five yards behind you.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:28 PM
Nick Hagglund and his one great skill of leaping is here.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:28 PM
But our eye for backup strikers is good. How else do you explain Terrence “cinder block feet” Boyd.

we signed Bright Dike and ignore Daryl.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:29 PM
Cinci shutting up shop at 52 minutes says a LOT about that coaching staff & team

Akinola for Dwyer please

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:29 PM
Mullins has really improved his passing the last few years.

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:30 PM
Yeah, Akinola and Shaff time. Take off Dwyer and a CB.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:31 PM
This game is like a preseason scrimmage vs. a college team.

We might humour them into losing this, but in no way are they better

trane
06-26-2021, 07:31 PM
Maybe there was more too it? He was not even touhced.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 07:32 PM

Yes. That’s true. In the UK it still happens. “Mutual consent”

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 07:33 PM
TFC doesn't have a clue what to do when the other team presses. Why the hell does Osorio pass to Laryea there?

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:34 PM
My new theory. The league mandated that we hire Manning, Curtis and Armas. They got tired of us winning and figured they could destroy us with these three jokers.

TFC Til I DIE

trane
06-26-2021, 07:35 PM
Do we practice as a team??? Or do they just meet before the game, strap on their boots and play?

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:35 PM
Or we could just put a fucking corner in. Jesus Christ,

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:36 PM
#aliout, it’s offensive we gave him an extension.

MikeForbes
That Brenner guy looks like a very expensive bust.

Auzzy
My new theory. The league mandated that we hire Manning, Curtis and Armas. They got tired of us winning and figured they could destroy us with these three jokers.

TFC Til I DIE

May not be too far off at least WRT to Manning (which leads to the other two). Check my post in the Manning evaluation thread.

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:37 PM
I still think we win 2-1

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:38 PM
I still think we win 2-1

I can see a tie. Cinci is definitely not getting a clean sheet.

Initial B
06-26-2021, 07:38 PM
I watched Atletico Ottawa play FC Edmonton today. AO looked more cohesive than TFC does tonight. Mista for Armas replacement? g:D

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:39 PM
Hahahahahah. His name is Stanko.

DavemTFC
06-26-2021, 07:39 PM
I've forgotten just what a debilitatingly joyless experience watching TFC can be. Haven't felt this way since 2012

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:40 PM
Legends like Staam don’t wind up coaching in MLS if their skills are obvious.

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 07:40 PM
I still think we win 2-1

I dunno guys. Looks like a night where TFC misses 10 more sitters, and Cinci gets two more goals on turnovers / counter-attacks. Look where our CBs are playing, we're just asking for it.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:41 PM
They have nine behind the ball but we still have three center backs on the field.

why does anyone think we might score in this game?

unless we dramatically change our formation and approach, we have no chance of scoring.

EDIT And… that’s that.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:41 PM
I think we win. But nothing to be proud of

noxx98
06-26-2021, 07:42 PM
We joked about it this week, but Zavs is playing so high up the pitch he might as well be in there as a striker.

ag futbol
They have nine behind the ball but we still have three center backs on the field.
That’s so Zavs can make his runs down the right side, haha

Auzzy

Just waiting for Zavaleta to score a hat trick. Not sure on which net.

DavemTFC
Also wtf is going on in the TSN studio. This has to be the worst sound mixing I've ever seen during any kind of broadcast.

Matches the Bush league performances of both these teams to be fair

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Ok I was wrong.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 07:43 PM
Okay forget the goal. They passed that right into Vasques’s feet, no attempt to block the passing lane.

This team is done

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 07:44 PM
LoL.

trane
Enough.

DavemTFC
Fuck it just get Paul Mariner to coach us again

MikeForbes
This blooows.

Thomas
06-26-2021, 07:45 PM
We are truly done for this year.

rydermike
Chicago Fire are winning 1-0 against the Union n the 26th minute. If that holds, we're officially the worst team in the league

jloome
We’re down two and we take off Osorio for Ralph priso.

I mean , he must be the single dumbest manager in history,

rocktml
Front office wake up!!! Enough is enough

Bobo
This season deserves Vic Rauter.

OgtheDim
So, they are parking the bus & we have 1 really good player on our team who can take the ball & try to find that pass - Osorio

And what do we do? We keep giving it to Zavs.

MightyDM
I dunno guys. Looks like a night where TFC misses 10 more sitters, and Cinci gets two more goals on turnovers / counter-attacks. Look where our CBs are playing, we're just asking for it.

Ahem

benito
06-26-2021, 07:46 PM
This is horrific.

trane
I do not blame any one player, we are directionless, rudderless.

RedsYNWA
wow just wow :facepalm:

Thomas
It’s a disgrace with our payroll

Auzzy
06-26-2021, 07:48 PM
Oh great Bradley taking the free kick. Because that worked so great the other 7385 times Bradley took a free kick.

OgtheDim
Everything having to go through Bradley is a problem

Until we can get past Bradley's ego, we are going to have issues

MikeForbes
No excuses, guys. That is what Chris Armas told me.

Bushmancan
06-26-2021, 07:49 PM
May not be too far off at least WRT to Manning (which leads to the other two). Check my post in the Manning evaluation thread.

Yeah, it is feeling that way isn’t it. Nice post.

What makes this worse than 2011 is that we have talent.

OgtheDim
06-26-2021, 07:49 PM
Them playing the fake clap is actually insulting right now

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:50 PM
Everything having to go through Bradley is a problem

Until we can get past Bradley's ego, we are going to have issues

it’s true. He doesn’t see his own shortcomings let alone those in Armas. He should be a backup at this point, or rotating at best.

trane
Well on the positive side, this makes me feel better about Italy's performance today.

ag futbol
No excuses, guys. That is what Chris Armas told me.
Tuesday’s presser: “we had food poisoning!”

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:51 PM
It isn’t raising questions Vic, they’ve all been answered pretty throroughyl.

trane
06-26-2021, 07:51 PM
Them playing the fake clap is actually insulting right now

Fuck yes. They should be playing us booing on and and on and on and on.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 07:52 PM
The big changes from last years TFC, supporter shield challengers: 1. Armas; 2. Soteldo; 3 Jozy. All responsibility of Curtis. Good and bad.

ElvistheEvilScotsman
06-26-2021, 07:52 PM
I keep seeinf that ad Urnie Rewards and my brain keeps reading it on first glance as Urine Awards. 🤣

RedsYNWA
06-26-2021, 07:54 PM
Who actually wants to watch this BS live?... they might as well stay in the states

Bushmancan
I do not blame any one player, we are directionless, rudderless.

^This. We need a goal, hey wait let’s put on Jozy?

Curtis’ strikeforce is making Jozy look right.

Auzzy
Armas can count to three. That's a start.

rocktml
This team looks Defeated they have no answers. Time for a change

MikeForbes
Can't wait until TFC's twitter puts up a story with Armas pictured and the caption "Blocking out the haters".

ag futbol
The big changes from last years TFC, supporter shield challengers: 1. Armas; 2. Soteldo; 3 Jozy. All responsibility of Curtis. Good and bad.
Devils advocate on Solteldo. Great player by all accounts, best fit for for the team? Someone who plays closer to goal looks like a pretty damn big hole right now.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 07:56 PM
When Caldwell says "no real identity" he means "the coach doesn't know what he is doing"

jloome
Devils advocate on Solteldo. Great player by all accounts, best fit for for the team? Someone who plays closer to goal looks like a pretty damn big hole right now.
He can score double digits in this league coming inside.

Bushmancan

Add schedule, maybe we weren’t that good.

OgtheDim
Who actually wants to watch this BS live?... they might as well stay in the states

I do

I'm RPB & TFC till I die

I watched in 2011 - I can watch this.

trane
06-26-2021, 07:57 PM

We have always looked better with a true 9 upfront. Solteldo may work but he will not replace having a CF

MikeForbes
06-26-2021, 07:57 PM
When Caldwell says "no real identity" he means "the coach doesn't know what he is doing"

Yep. That was him calling out Armas without actually calling out Armas. Of course, Caldwell will probably end up replacing him or something stupid.

jloome
06-26-2021, 07:58 PM
I do

I'm RPB & TFC till I die

we lived through Mo and Mariner, we can survive this.

SirBobSaget
06-26-2021, 07:59 PM
Akinola is playing along the right sideline and Laryea is ahead of him inside. Makes sense!

RedsYNWA
06-26-2021, 07:59 PM
I do

I'm RPB & TFC till I die

I think you are drunk

rydermike
06-26-2021, 08:00 PM
Can we get the Supporters of another team to hold up an "Armas Out" banner for us

ag futbol
This Cinci team is dirty. They should have 9 men on the field by now. Horror tackles all over the place

jloome
No, theyve,already announced he’s not staying Vic, read a fucking paper. Jesus

RedsYNWA
we lived through Mo and Mariner, we can survive this.

It took plenty of pints

MightyDM
it’s true. He doesn’t see his own shortcomings let alone those in Armas. He should be a backup at this point, or rotating at best.
Thats harsh. Bradley is playing far better than we all expected - and how many players would accept "I'm no longer at a DP level?" He is unique that way. But agree that a coach who can rotate him would be preferable. Armas is a lifelong friend.

jloome
06-26-2021, 08:01 PM
It took plenty of pints
Oh sure, grasp that silver lining.

Smokecell
06-26-2021, 08:01 PM
Orlando, Nashville, Cincinnati - 0 points

Take that in.

MightyDM
06-26-2021, 08:02 PM
^This. We need a goal, hey wait let’s put on Jozy?

Curtis’ strikeforce is making Jozy look right.

Of course he was right. That is why he has been banished

jloome
06-26-2021, 08:02 PM
Thats harsh. Bradley is playing far better than we all expected - and how many players would accept "I'm no longer at a DP level?" He is unique that way. But agree that a coach who can rotate him would be preferable. Armas is a lifelong friend.

It’s harsh if I say it to him. It’s abject reality otherwise.

ag futbol
06-26-2021, 08:03 PM
Challenge. Is he allowing himself to be subbed? Passing off free kicks?

Love the guy but his role in this team is outsized even if his salary isn’t.

jloome
06-26-2021, 08:03 PM
Anyone know what our formation is right now? Bets?

trane
06-26-2021, 08:04 PM
what is the argument for not firing Armas?