PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 8 - Orlando "@" TFC Saturday June 19 7:38pm - All I Want Is to Be

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
06-15-2021, 01:16 PM
Wish I were with you
I couldn't stay
Every direction
Leads me away
Pray for tomorrow
But for today

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jA4Mmk1nfPg

Have At It People

613reppingTFC
06-15-2021, 01:23 PM
I think Kevin Silva started one of the upcoming games (however this was in a dream I was having last night).
Maybe the interview Q had put him in the doghouse. Is it possible that Armas was actually talking about Bono and Silva being the two #1 keepers we have...

Ultra & Proud
06-15-2021, 01:30 PM
I think we'll see the same "wrong" line up out there with Auro at CM, Delgado at RW, Bono at GK, & DeLeon at AM.

Only significant change might be Dwyer up front if he's healthy.

MikeForbes
06-15-2021, 01:39 PM
Glad we can get back to complaining about Armas. The last couple weeks have been boring around here.

Ultra & Proud
06-15-2021, 02:47 PM
Wait until Saturdy night. We'll probably have tons of fuel to add to the fire.

rydermike
06-15-2021, 06:25 PM
Zavs scored for El Salvador. He's going to fill Jozy's spot as striker

OgtheDim
06-15-2021, 07:25 PM
Oso starting again for CanMNT tonight.

Might see him subbed out of this Orlando match or not start as we have 3 in 1 week.

MikeForbes
06-15-2021, 07:28 PM
Could definitely see Oso being a sub on Saturday night if he logs 80+ minutes tonight. His recent injury history suggests we should be cautious with him for a week or two.

OgtheDim
06-15-2021, 07:48 PM
Yeh, I think people gotta remember we have Nashville on Wednesday (they have 2 wins & 5 draws) & then another "home" game vs Cinci. I think we need 9 points, will take 7 & realistically will do good to get 4.

If we lose all 3, I think Armas is out (anybody coming in here hoping we lose so Armas can be fired can eff off right now - this is a supporters board - supporters of the team - NEVER want to strategically lose so somebody gets fired - take that to twitter & FBook)

Smokecell
06-15-2021, 07:56 PM
Yeh, I think people gotta remember we have Nashville on Wednesday (they have 2 wins & 5 draws) & then another "home" game vs Cinci. I think we need 9 points, will take 7 & realistically will do good to get 4.

If we lose all 3, I think Armas is out (anybody coming in here hoping we lose so Armas can be fired can eff off right now - this is a supporters board - supporters of the team - NEVER want to strategically lose so somebody gets fired - take that to twitter & FBook)

Dude this is the same board that regularly shits on club legends.

MikeForbes
06-15-2021, 09:06 PM
Losing to Cincinnati alone is grounds to be axed.

jloome
06-15-2021, 09:16 PM

According to Whoscored.com we currently rank below them in overall team performance:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/233/Tournaments/85/Seasons/8545/Stages/19513/TeamStatistics/USA-Major-League-Soccer-2021

Dreadful.

Blindside16
06-16-2021, 12:05 AM
Zavs scored for El Salvador. He's going to fill Jozy's spot as striker

I laughed really hard at this, then I remembered some of Armas's choices and began to cry

OgtheDim
06-16-2021, 06:09 AM
Dude this is the same board that regularly shits on club legends.

We can shit on a legend.

We can expect us to lose

NEVER hope we lose.

OgtheDim
06-16-2021, 07:29 AM
Osorio looked gassed at 65 minutes last night

I doubt he starts

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 09:55 AM
Osorio looked gassed at 65 minutes last night

I doubt he starts

In other words, Armas is probably going to start him.

DavemTFC
06-16-2021, 10:28 AM
I swear there's a crazy stat out there that something close to half of teams that lost to Cinci in the last two years had their manager fired soon after...can't find it though

re: Oso he was running hard and looks at or close to full fitness but his touch was way off last night (in both Bridgeview games actually). Having him come off the bench in the first game would be sensible but I can see him start the next two

Richard
06-16-2021, 10:35 AM
Aromas and Ali are not right people for this job. The faster their demise the quicker we can get back to the road of being competitive.

noxx98
06-16-2021, 12:05 PM
I laughed really hard at this, then I remembered some of Armas's choices and began to cry
Zavaleta did score 28 goals in two years of college as a striker, so Armas has his justification for playing him up top...

MightyDM
06-16-2021, 12:17 PM
Zavaleta did score 28 goals in two years of college as a striker, so Armas has his justification for playing him up top...

“He’s played that position before”

Ultra & Proud
06-16-2021, 01:07 PM
As much as I've shit on him since 2018, I often wondered in matches when we were down a goal very late and hopelessly lobbing in crosses into all our 5 foot something fowards like Piatti, why Vanney never tossed Zavaleta up there at forward to at least use his height to go after the ball.

OgtheDim
06-16-2021, 04:18 PM
As much as I've shit on him since 2018, I often wondered in matches when we were down a goal very late and hopelessly lobbing in crosses into all our 5 foot something fowards like Piatti, why Vanney never tossed Zavaleta up there at forward to at least use his height to go after the ball.

He used to do that with Haglund - it never worked . Only time Haglund scored was a wonderful one we all remember - but off a corner kick with 10 to go.

MikeForbes
06-16-2021, 04:23 PM
Zavaleta's form in international play might get him some minutes here. Him and Mullinho up top and we automatically win the hair matchup against any team in the league.

Ultra & Proud
06-16-2021, 06:32 PM
He used to do that with Haglund - it never worked . Only time Haglund scored was a wonderful one we all remember - but off a corner kick with 10 to go.

Not saying it's a huge difference but unlike Hagglund, Zavaleta was a forward.

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 06:56 PM
Not saying it's a huge difference but unlike Hagglund, Zavaleta was a forward.

Nick was also a forward in the past.
"High School: Played for two years as a midfielder/forward for Cincinnati United Premier U18 club team ... club team was ranked 23rd in the nation in the fall of 2009 after being crowned champions of the Disney Showcase ... first team All-City and second team All-State his senior year at Lakota West ... named team MVP and offensive player of the year his senior year." Sounds like he played a couple positions incl. attack as a college freshman before transitioning fully to defence.

That would be good enough for Armas to start Nick at forward for an extended period. :D :D

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 07:00 PM
But other then that, I feel like our corner kicks have been crap for a long time, even under Vanney. I don't know how TFC compares to other clubs, but I feel percentage-wise there's been a real lack of legit scoring chances and goals off corners, as well as off free kicks floated into the box. Only part of that is due the tall guys who are supposed to put the ball in the net at the end of the kick. There seems to be a lack of effective strategy for such dead-ball situations, and many of the free kicks go to the totally wrong area and don't even give us a chance.

rydermike
06-16-2021, 07:13 PM
But other then that, I feel like our corner kicks have been crap for a long time, even under Vanney. I don't know how TFC compares to other clubs, but I feel percentage-wise there's been a real lack of legit scoring chances and goals off corners, as well as off free kicks floated into the box. Only part of that is due the tall guys who are supposed to put the ball in the net at the end of the kick. There seems to be a lack of effective strategy for such dead-ball situations, and many of the free kicks go to the totally wrong area and don't even give us a chance.

To me that's because Bradley was taking them all. I felt his kicks just were straight horizontal lines. He's suited for long distance passing free kicks, not goal scoring/chance creating kicks. As soon as Soteldo started taking them, there was actual bends that made them headerable. I would prefer guys like Osorio/Auro/Endoh to take them over Bradley.

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 07:22 PM
To me that's because Bradley was taking them all. I felt his kicks just were straight horizontal lines. He's suited for long distance passing free kicks, not goal scoring/chance creating kicks. As soon as Soteldo started taking them, there was actual bends that made them headerable. I would prefer guys like Osorio/Auro/Endoh to take them over Bradley.

I wasn't going to name names lol... but you're right. Can't say I've been too impressed with Osorio/Auro/Endoh free kicks either. Soteldo yes.

rydermike
06-16-2021, 08:02 PM
I wasn't going to name names lol... but you're right. Can't say I've been too impressed with Osorio/Auro/Endoh free kicks either. Soteldo yes.
Yeah, I'm not enthralled with that trio either but I don't really feel like we have anyone really capable apart from Soteldo and Poz. To me they're just the best of the rest in terms of crossing ability

OgtheDim
06-16-2021, 08:41 PM
Soteldo had the most dangerous corner kicks we have had since Vasquez.

Seba wasn't all that good at them, to be honest.

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 08:54 PM
Soteldo had the most dangerous corner kicks we have had since Vasquez.

Seba wasn't all that good at them, to be honest.

TFC actually scored 3 goals off corner kicks in the epic 5-2 playoff win over Montreal, 2 of them taken by Seba. I can think of at least 3 Seba - Jozy corner kick goals over the years.

MightyDM
06-16-2021, 09:08 PM
The Seba - Jozy second goal in that game was epic, with Vanney screaming "dont change the play" and Jozy's Dunfield - esqe run up the touchline after scoring. Legend

MightyDM
06-16-2021, 09:11 PM
Endoh is quite accomplished at dead ball situations, including corners.

Separately, he is tailor made for Armas' system, more so that DeLeon or an out of position Delgado. Can run all day long. But is little used.

Auzzy
06-16-2021, 09:33 PM

Separately, he is tailor made for Armas' system, more so that DeLeon or an out of position Delgado. Can run all day long. But is little used.

Have we ever scored off an Endoh corner kick (or free kick)? As Endoh has only had 3 assists since coming to TFC, I don't think that's the case.

Of course he hasn't had as many chances for assists off free kicks & corner kicks as Bradley, but still I haven't been impressed.

Yohan
06-16-2021, 10:17 PM

Endoh is like a crappier version of Park Ji Sung.

PizzaEatingYeti
06-17-2021, 05:25 AM
Talking about corner kicks, something I see too many times in TFC matches, and it's total nonsense to me, is that another TFC player is stationed just 2-4 meters from the corner taking guy. Nobody from the opposing team is stationed even close! The corner taking guy then just fires in the corner kick.

Why this second TFC player isn't closer to the adverse goal line, in a let's say 22-25 m range? Or at least 10 meters far from the corner, 2-3 m inside the field?
As it is played out, it's a totally wasted player for this sequence of play.

613reppingTFC
06-17-2021, 09:10 AM
Yeah I have noticed and mentioned that before. I don't understand why Bradley is standing right next to Soteldo, Practically holding his hand while he's taking the corner kick. We don't often play it short, so why not have Bradley stationed somewhere closer in on net or around the 18.

jloome
06-17-2021, 09:26 AM
Yeah I have noticed and mentioned that before. I don't understand why Bradley is standing right next to Soteldo, Practically holding his hand while he's taking the corner kick. We don't often play it short, so why not have Bradley stationed somewhere closer in on net or around the 18.

Nearly all MLS teams play man coverage on corners. If you draw a guy who isn't great in the air (Bradley) out of the box, you draw one defensive body out of the zone they're trying to overload with offensive players to score.

That's the only reason, I think. If you have big bodies like Omar and Mavinga crashing the box, it's hard when it's congested to get space to attack the ball without fouling a defender. So you ease that by drawing Bradley's defender to the edge of the area, having one less attacker but not someone who's likely to win a header.

Also, if the guy next to the corner taker has a dominant opposite foot and the box looks better set for an attack at the back post, you might want one swung in versus out.

Probably a mix of both, more the former than the latter.

MightyDM
06-17-2021, 09:52 AM
We scored a great goal off just such a play in the epic Montréal match.

jloome
06-17-2021, 05:11 PM
We scored a great goal off just such a play in the epic Montréal match.

Predictions for Orlando? I'm probably too cynical right now, but they've got Daryl Dike back this week, I think. I watched most of his Barnsley performances and that dude is a handful.

James17930
06-17-2021, 07:44 PM
Predictions for Orlando? I'm probably too cynical right now, but they've got Daryl Dike back this week, I think. I watched most of his Barnsley performances and that dude is a handful.

At this point we'll be lucky to draw, probably.

MightyDM
06-17-2021, 08:20 PM
I think we are going to win yhis 2-0 and look really good. Then lose the next two games and be bottom of the league.

OgtheDim
06-17-2021, 09:15 PM
The injury report - nothing unusual

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1405704940878807040

But then again, they've not mentionned an injury before so who knows....

ensco
06-18-2021, 06:00 AM
Orlando have unknowns as backup GKs. They have a player on loan from Spurs but, outside of a few games on loan in Denmark, he has never played first division football anywhere. El Pulpo is at Copa America. So there is that.

Pato is supposed to be back for this came, or at least available. He was hurt in the opener.

ag futbol
06-18-2021, 07:23 AM
My recollection of the last time we played Orlando was they rope-a-doped us pretty hard. Which is to say they invited us to press deep and looked for someone with just enough time on the ball to spring a runner in behind or in the gap between the CB’s and the midfielders.

That put a lot of pressure on our defenders to cover space fast and created 1v1 matchups with Gonzalez which they frequently won.

They were better organized, played more cohesively as a team, and were missing just as many DP’s as we were.

If Chris Armas can adapt, maybe we keep this one close. But my suspicion is we’ve learned nothing and having Poz healthy will be the false sense of security in Armas’s head why this time is different.

I’m not so optimistic. 2-0 Orlando

MightyDM
06-18-2021, 07:33 AM
My recollection of the last time we played Orlando was they rope-a-doped us pretty hard. Which is to say they invited us to press deep and looked for someone with just enough time on the ball to spring a runner in behind or in the gap between the CB’s and the midfielders.

That put a lot of pressure on our defenders to cover space fast and created 1v1 matchups with Gonzalez which they frequently won.

They were better organized, played more cohesively as a team, and were missing just as many DP’s as we were.

If Chris Armas can adapt, maybe we keep this one close. But my suspicion is we’ve learned nothing and having Poz healthy will be the false sense of security in Armas’s head why this time is different.

I’m not so optimistic. 2-0 Orlando

This comment applies to every game we have played this year, with the exception of the first
Columbus game and the possible exception of our first two CCL games.

Joe Kool
06-18-2021, 07:45 AM
The injury report - nothing unusual

https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1405704940878807040

But then again, they've not mentionned an injury before so who knows....

Wasn't Soteldo supposed to be playing with Venezuela if not for having a positive COVID test? If so weird to see him on the list with the thigh injury still. If anything I would think he would still be doing his 14 day quarantine from the COVID thing.

MightyDM
06-18-2021, 08:10 AM
Just read “TFC Focus on what lies ahead” article on the website. My two takeaways: they are trying to roll back the high press (Bradley and Armas talk about “evolution” “a little bit more aggressive” etc); and it’s full of excuses - injuries, playing away from home, etc etc. Glad about the first but the second is very worrying. It reads as if Armas actually believes our losses were due to the absence of Poz as opposites to being a disorganized shit show.

ag futbol
06-18-2021, 09:22 AM
This comment applies to every game we have played this year, with the exception of the first
Columbus game and the possible exception of our first two CCL games.
Yeah... but I thought the game in Orlando it was especially glaring. That 1-0 score was beyond flattering to TFC considering how we played.

I should be clear this is partially about how Orlando looks as a group and not just how poor TFC has been. They look like a top 3 Eastern Conference team at the moment, based on form.

noxx98
06-18-2021, 09:49 AM
Wasn't Soteldo supposed to be playing with Venezuela if not for having a positive COVID test? If so weird to see him on the list with the thigh injury still. If anything I would think he would still be doing his 14 day quarantine from the COVID thing.
Wait this positive COVID test is news for me. I thought he had COVID when he was in South America before he signed with TFC and had travelled back to visit his family during the international break before returning.

Molinaro had tweeted out that Soteldo may play for Venezuela later in Copa but presumably is still out due to injury. https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1404474839461662724

MikeForbes
06-18-2021, 09:56 AM
Just read “TFC Focus on what lies ahead” article on the website. My two takeaways: they are trying to roll back the high press (Bradley and Armas talk about “evolution” “a little bit more aggressive” etc); and it’s full of excuses - injuries, playing away from home, etc etc. Glad about the first but the second is very worrying. It reads as if Armas actually believes our losses were due to the absence of Poz as opposites to being a disorganized shit show.

Armas gives a ton of excuses for a guy who spent the first two months of his tenure talking about making no excuses.

MightyDM
06-18-2021, 10:31 AM
Armas gives a ton of excuses for a guy who spent the first two months of his tenure talking about making no excuses.

It really jumps out from that article. Worrying.

Bushmancan
06-18-2021, 10:42 AM
The Jozy situation is such a joke. He either doesn't want to play or Ali/Armas don't want him to play. I think it has to be the latter or Jozy would have be fined and he would be in breech of his contract. If it is the latter, how do you not fire Ali for mis-management.

As an aside, 3 Weeks are Up, but I guess he really should have said two weeks because we know that means nothing.

ag futbol
06-18-2021, 11:02 AM
The Jozy situation is such a joke. He either doesn't want to play or Ali/Armas don't want him to play. I think it has to be the latter or Jozy would have be fined and he would be in breech of his contract. If it is the latter, how do you not fire Ali for mis-management.

As an aside, 3 Weeks are Up, but I guess he really should have said two weeks because we know that means nothing.
Appreciate the sentiment and am no fan of the management team, but if you’re trying to offload Altidore you don’t draw negative attention to his recent actions any more than you have to.

If we suspend him and he starts squawking, it potentially ends up with the players union and drives away potential suitors (not that he’ll have many to begin with).

MightyDM
06-18-2021, 12:08 PM
Appreciate the sentiment and am no fan of the management team, but if you’re trying to offload Altidore you don’t draw negative attention to his recent actions any more than you have to.

If we suspend him and he starts squawking, it potentially ends up with the players union and drives away potential suitors (not that he’ll have many to begin with).

The only way to solve that is to play him.

DavemTFC
06-18-2021, 01:11 PM
Wait this positive COVID test is news for me. I thought he had COVID when he was in South America before he signed with TFC and had travelled back to visit his family during the international break before returning.

Molinaro had tweeted out that Soteldo may play for Venezuela later in Copa but presumably is still out due to injury. https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1404474839461662724
I think you've got it right

Auzzy
06-18-2021, 01:19 PM
There was a COVID outbreak in the Venezuelan team, but no indication that Soteldo was infected this time. Maybe he was seen as a close contact & had to quarantine due to that, but nothing was reported like that. If anyone has more info let us know.

As Soteldo previously had COVID, and is likely fully immunized now, you gotta hope the risk for him was extremely low.

Joe Kool
06-18-2021, 01:34 PM
There was a COVID outbreak in the Venezuelan team, but no indication that Soteldo was infected this time. Maybe he was seen as a close contact & had to quarantine due to that, but nothing was reported like that. If anyone has more info let us know.

As Soteldo previously had COVID, and is likely fully immunized now, you gotta hope the risk for him was extremely low.

I watched the Venezuela/Brazil Copa game. They said he was one of the players showing positive and that was the reason he was not playing. Pretty bad if they specifically named him as COVID positive on the broadcast and he doesn't have it.

Auzzy
06-18-2021, 01:44 PM
I watched the Venezuela/Brazil Copa game. They said he was one of the players showing positive and that was the reason he was not playing. Pretty bad if they specifically named him as COVID positive on the broadcast and he doesn't have it.

Oh wow, thanks for the info, I had no idea! Perhaps he only had one dose of the vaccine before he left; the 2nd wasn't confirmed.

OgtheDim
06-18-2021, 01:45 PM

FWIW, TFC said he's in Florida

Areathrasher
06-18-2021, 04:47 PM
They were either confusing him with Joesf Martinez, who this applies to, or they are talking out their ass. As far as I know, Soteldo never joined up with his national team camp and is on the roster incase they get out of the group and he can join them then.

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:55 AM
Game Day!

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:57 AM
It is the day of the game. I am excited to watch the guys again. I expect a poor result though.

barticusz
06-19-2021, 10:27 AM
Today is likely going to end up with double the frustration but excited to see Poland vs Spain followed by TFC!

reggie
06-19-2021, 02:53 PM
im glad the euro is on,to take my mind of TFC,i expect a 3-1 loss,hope im wrong

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 02:58 PM
Hopefully Laryea and Lawrence will do their best Kimmich and Gosens impressions today.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 03:33 PM
My hope is in the fact that we played better with Poz in then we did all season before that.

The defence has to man up - they've been told they need to. If they don't, we lose.

I fully expect Bono in & something else weird up top - hopefully not Auro at DM. Richie should be good to go. Oso off the bench.

We SHOULD be the underdogs here. A draw is not good enough for what we need but I would take it.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 03:50 PM
Gonna be a big test facing a well rested Nani and Dike tonight.

Smokecell
06-19-2021, 05:45 PM
Might go without say, but going from the Euros to Armas ball may be a shock to the system

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 05:59 PM
Westberg starts. Auro and Delgado also both start so we will see just how stubborn Armas is.

spe18
06-19-2021, 06:02 PM
Might go without say, but going from the Euros to Armas ball may be a shock to the system

Just like when go from watching the World Cup for 2 weeks straight, and then you see an MLS league game again after they return from their hiatus :).

Also, the team's twitter feed showing Westberg starting tonight!

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 06:05 PM
Just noticed Osorio is also starting. If Auro is the CM with both Delgado and Osorio on the field I will have a fit.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 06:14 PM
In case you are wondering where the yutes are

https://twitter.com/TorontoFCII/status/1406383735612841986

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 06:19 PM
In case you are wondering where the yutes are

https://twitter.com/TorontoFCII/status/1406383735612841986

Definitely where Nelson and JMR should be right now. Get those minutes.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 06:20 PM
Yes, its also interesting that the only real yute on the bench is Okello.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 06:40 PM
Alright, guys. See you all at halftime.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 06:41 PM
Oh. And lol at Guzman comparing Insigne to Osorio. I am gonna mute this. Bye.

jloome
06-19-2021, 06:47 PM
Oh. And lol at Guzman comparing Insigne to Osorio. I am gonna mute this. Bye.

lets hope Caldwell keeps accidentally talking off mic.8)

sane lineup.

fingers crossed.

jloome
06-19-2021, 06:48 PM
Wow fifty seconds. Must be a record.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 06:48 PM
WTF, that was practically the first kick of the game

Smokecell
06-19-2021, 06:50 PM
Good to see Armas had the boys ready and roaring after the break

James17930
06-19-2021, 06:51 PM
Vic Rauter. Oh god.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 06:51 PM
That was our defence in a microcosm - both CB's let a SLOW guy right between them get to a ball.

Rust
06-19-2021, 06:52 PM
We need Armas out ASAP, that's the only way we can improve this season. Otherwise, this will be another season that we'll throw away.

jloome
06-19-2021, 06:53 PM
Playing well now. Needed to start this way.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 06:53 PM
Okay this is much more fluid play than we’ve seen so far this year but the breakdown was worrying

jloome
06-19-2021, 06:54 PM
Too frantic.
….aaaand that’s the result.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 06:55 PM
Okay are we losing 2-0 and Chris Armas wrong. Or did Armas just get proven right?

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 06:55 PM
And...now Bono will be with us forever

Inklink
06-19-2021, 06:56 PM
What a moronic, shitty group.

jloome
We’re in ninth gear all the time, which is why we’re coughing up possession so easily.

The high press is great but the frantic close play the rest of the time is ridiculous.

Inklink
Only made worse by Vic Rauter and Caldwell.

notthesun
Armas out, Curtis out. They both need to go. They've destroyed this team.

nfitz
06-19-2021, 06:57 PM
Turned on the game about the 90-second mark, and we are already down a goal? And now another?

WTF is Westberg doing in goal? I guess this will shut up those that think he's better than Bono.

Gonzalez doesn't seem to be in the game.

And one back with Akinola ...

ag futbol
7-5 final score?

Yohan
So much for Westberg is better with his feet

James17930
I want to see Richie stop constantly playing for the foul and just play normally. He's way more effective.

jloome
It’s something.

if we can just out score everyone 5-4 the rest of the way this season, we might win something.

Inklink
Akinola jumping to catch that as if it was a cheeseburger!

SirBobSaget
06-19-2021, 06:58 PM
Okay are we losing 2-0 and Chris Armas wrong. Or did Armas just get proven right?

Armas seems to have sorted out the attack. So right now I'm leaning towards Armas proven right.

jloome
06-19-2021, 06:59 PM
Let’s keep in mind that even with him giving up possession, both goals still took our defenders being throroughly beaten.

Richard
06-19-2021, 07:01 PM
Anyone really annoyed with the blindingly white/black advertisements? To much strain on the eyes, watching the team is enough of a strain lmao.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Anyone really annoyed with the blindingly white/black advertisements. To much strain on the eyes, watching the team is enough of a strain lmao.
Oh it’s awful. Trying really hard to ignore it

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 07:02 PM
Let’s keep in mind that even with him giving up possession, both goals still took our defenders being throroughly beaten.

That and we just saw Westberg do a 1/3 of the field kick to Lawrence - Bono can't do that.

gracos
06-19-2021, 07:04 PM
Last year we finished 2nd in the conference, as of current we are 12th the major change this season is the coach Armas, if thats not working he needs to go, no way should we drop 10 positions in a single season and be content with that

parma
06-19-2021, 07:07 PM
Can we stop pressing….2 passes and we are done….

jloome
06-19-2021, 07:08 PM
Smart from Pozmgoing all the way back. Sending the slow-it-down message

Inklink
06-19-2021, 07:08 PM
Anyone really annoyed with the blindingly white/black advertisements? To much strain on the eyes, watching the team is enough of a strain lmao.

The ads are brutal dude. Looks like some grade 10 student playing with graphics software. Thing is, they've had since last year's bubble to figure it out.

Edit: lol they suddenly disappeared after the throw in.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 07:09 PM
Leave it to Caldwell to summarize it as “TFC got scored on cause they are bad but Orlando is just playing below expectations”

jloome
06-19-2021, 07:11 PM
More good distribution from Q

Inklink
06-19-2021, 07:15 PM
Should have done more with that Akinola

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 07:16 PM
Ayo & Poz...are good together.

Well Poz makes everybody look better.

Omar though....man he just ain't the man anymore and it soooo shows

jloome
06-19-2021, 07:20 PM
When we play a build up we,look so much better.

So did Armas drop the press or did the players make the decision?

I really want to be wrong about this dude. I like the press, it’s exciting.

I just get the sense that even if the players like him, he’s just making all the wrong tactical calls.

It’s so hot they have an early hydration break, but we’re pressing from the first whistle AND playing long ball.

Result? Two bad goals.

We switch to a build up and a different team emerges.

It just wasn’t the time.

James17930
06-19-2021, 07:24 PM

I just get the sense that even if the players like him, he’s just making all the wrong tactical calls.

It’s so hot they have an early hydration break, but we’re pressing from the first whistle AND playing long ball.

Result? Two bad goals.

It just wasn’t the time.

Yes, but as usual it's a lot of build-up with very little final execution. This was the main problem under Vanney. We can build up slowly, but we need some creative, cutting play to actually break through.

We've had a few chances today, but overall I don't feel we look super dangerous.

jloome
06-19-2021, 07:25 PM
Back in it.

Yohan
06-19-2021, 07:28 PM
lol. a bit late on the crowd cheer after the goal went in

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 07:29 PM
Okay TSN, you can roundly fuck off with that advertisement. As if your seizure causing background wasn’t enough.

James17930
06-19-2021, 07:29 PM
There - that was creative.

parma
06-19-2021, 07:31 PM
They are fighting

James17930
06-19-2021, 07:36 PM
That's twice through Westberg's legs. He's gotta tighten that up.

benito
06-19-2021, 07:36 PM
Okay TSN, you can roundly fuck off with that advertisement. As if your seizure causing background wasn’t enough.

that was ridiculous. If they are going to force a commercial in, use the PIP that they use for F1.

jloome
06-19-2021, 07:37 PM
Better.

I mean, disastrous shoddy start.

But the attack looked much more cohesive. Once they backed off the press they settled down. Then they applied it selectively before the second goal, which is a good sign.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 07:37 PM
Attack looks good. We need to own the idea of a being possession team and move away from all out press. The pace of attack in possession is what I wanted to see post-Vanney. More intentional and less at a snails pace.

Q in net and Richie up front is what makes sense. Bono is a liability in possession and has poor command of his box. If Armas can’t wrap his head around playing Q we should be in the market for a keeper.

Not sold on Akinola at all. Makes some good runs and is holding the ball up okay but just isn’t sharp enough with his chances. We need a DP in that spot.

Auzzy
06-19-2021, 07:40 PM
Gotta say even when Westberg screwed up our defence looked really really bad.

And both the defence and Westberg looked awful on the goal that was called back for offside. Way too easy for Orlando.

A little while ago, Laryea had a great breakaway up the left. A couple of TFC players came with him, but stayed way too far away from Laryea and gave him nowhere to pass. We should at least have gotten a shot on goal out of that.

Attack looking decent though. How effed up is this team that we have to be missing Soteldo and a DP striker. Would make this game very different if we had both on the field. The D would still suck, but with better players and better possession they would not be exposed as often.

OgtheDim

I think that MIGHT have been from the Orlando feed.

MikeForbes
The midfield looks so much better going forward with Pozuelo and Delgado back there who knows to just pass it to Poz. Defensively having both Delgado and Bradley pressing has left acres of space between the midfield and centerbacks. Gotta have one of them covering that space.

Auzzy
06-19-2021, 07:45 PM
I'm worried Armas will banish Westberg again. Question: is this rust after not playing for whole season, and Westberg needs more opportunities to get game fit? Or does Westberg show some similar problems in training, and that's why Bono has been playing?

Yohan
06-19-2021, 08:06 PM
Well, I dunno if Poz is the key to all of Armas's headaches, but Poz does make the offence tick

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:07 PM
Lawrence bossing it.

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:09 PM
Applying the press as a method of quick recovery after we lose the ball in their end. That’s how Philly applies it mostly.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:10 PM
GG's to Orlando. Here he comes...

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:11 PM
Mullinho!

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:11 PM
Mullinho fully equipped with attachable beard.

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:12 PM

Result? Two bad goals.

It just wasn’t the time.

Yes. Exactly.

Auzzy
06-19-2021, 08:13 PM
TFC needed a sub but I didn't know who should go off and who should come on. Mullins for Akinola that's not going to make us any better. Akinola decent today but probably needs a break.

Orlando can make a much better move with Dike coming on, more trouble for TFC.

jloome
Dike concacaf’d by Omar.

ag futbol
Mullinho fully equipped with attachable beard.
The most interesting Mullins in the world.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:14 PM
Osorio is gonna need a sub soon.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 08:14 PM
That Gonzalez yellow is a guy who can't make that tackle anymore.....

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:16 PM

Yep. Omar is burnt toast at this point.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:18 PM
Nova Scotians for the win.

Auzzy
06-19-2021, 08:19 PM

I can't understand why TFC didn't pick up a CB in the offseason, it was such an obvious need. Ciman was slowing down but was still decent backup. How can you let him go, see Gonzalez slowing down massively, and not add somebody? Especially with Singh playing for TFC II it's clear they weren't expecting much from him.

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:20 PM
Omar has to be careful.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:20 PM
I can't understand why TFC didn't pick up a CB in the offseason, it was such an obvious need. Ciman was slowing down but was still decent backup. How can you let him go, see Gonzalez slowing down massively, and not add somebody? Especially with Singh playing for TFC II it's clear they weren't expecting much from him.

We still got that u-22 slot that absolutely should be used on a CB.

Inklink
06-19-2021, 08:25 PM
What a chance Poz.

But Mullins is soooooo trash.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:25 PM
Sometimes I forget how good Pozuelo is.

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:26 PM
We still got that u-22 slot that absolutely should be used on a CB.

we could always use it to loan a top international prospect if we can’t sign someone, as Montreal did with Luis Binks initially. We borrowed Gallacher from Liverpool, maybe they’ve got someone.

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:27 PM
After the first five minutes, Bradley has played very well indeed. He is certainly back. If you read the article in the Athletic, Morrow aid they don’t know where anyone is yet.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:29 PM
we could always use it to loan a top international prospect if we can’t sign someone, as Montreal did with Luis Binks initially. We borrowed Gallacher from Liverpool, maybe they’ve got someone.

That would be a great idea if we can find the right team and player to deal with.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 08:29 PM
Delgado is dead on his feet

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:31 PM
Auro.........

ag futbol
Arrrg. That’s just a gut punch.

This team is going to have confidence issues if we don’t get a point out of this.

Inklink
lmao auro also wtf westberg

OgtheDim
Another brain fart

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:32 PM
Well I think we can all agree that We spent too much time in this half passing recklessly around our end.

”three utterly ridiculous goals” Caldwell notes. Astute.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:32 PM
lmao also wtf westberg

Yeah. His worst game as a TFC player.

notthesun
06-19-2021, 08:33 PM
Gotta love benching our starting keeper for no reason, wrecking his sharpness and/or confidence, so that now we have one keeper out of form to go with one keeper that sucks. Good stuff Chris.

Yohan
06-19-2021, 08:34 PM
Westberg is not match fit. And obviously so, considering he haven't had a game in forever

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:35 PM
Let the violence commence with Dwyer and Mullinho up top.

James17930
Yeah. His worst game as a TFC player.

Yep. Terrible. But what can be expected when he hasn't played in months? He should have at least 3 games so far this year.

Canary10
Maybe Westberg isn’t that good and Armas saw it.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:36 PM
Dike looks like he is a defensive end. Just imposing

ag futbol
You have to laugh at how that play basically involved Dike facing up Gonzalez runs right past him and Mavinga appears from nowhere.

They both played that like Omar wasn’t even there

Auzzy
Auro and Westberg screwed up badly on that goal, but why the hell did the defence open up completely and leave Urso an acre of space?

gracos
Is there a midseason ranking for upcoming draft, we arent going into the playoffs, might as well look to the offseason, #ArmasOut #CurtisOut

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 08:37 PM
I think Dike just had his "I thought I could come back here & play with a cigarette in my mouth" moment.

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:38 PM

I assume you mean “anymore” since he was brilliant for us prior to this.

I mean the guy looks a step slow. He’s 35 and hasn’t played all season. Maybe at that age when you sit for weeks, the magic ain’t coming back.

gahd, that’s a tough thought, that we don’t have a starting quality keeper period, potentially.

Richard
06-19-2021, 08:38 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U7fjDS0jKiE

jloome
06-19-2021, 08:39 PM
HOW did he miss?

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:39 PM
Dwyer... What was that?

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 08:40 PM
This team is in serious need of strikers. And I mean strikers, with an “s”

Graeme
Bet Jozy would have scored that!

tfcfans
Just let me know when we have 3 healthy DPs on the field at the same time, and we are playing 1/2 our games in Toronto - until then it’s just silly. See you in 2022 apparently. I can’t watch this same crap over and over - it’s simply an embarrassment. This is 2018 without the 2017 glow of greatness, or the run to a CCL Final as the excuse for the rest of that garbage season. (Side note - just keep betting against TFC - the odds today made no sense especially since Orlando is better than us and playing in their Home stadium as the Visitor....at least I got paid to watch this crap)......

MikeForbes
Damn. You absolutely hate to see that.

OgtheDim
Bet Jozy would have scored that!

Not in the 92nd minute...but I bet Ayo would have

Inklink
Mullins and Dwyer offer zero threat.

Yohan
06-19-2021, 08:41 PM
this team is just cursed now or something. that should have been a tap in for Dwyer

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:41 PM
Borré definitely would of tapped that in.

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:42 PM
Wouldn’t we have noticed it that last three seasons?

Inklink
Lombardo would have netted that for sure.

jloome
Borré definitely would of tapped that in.

He could’ve scored that without us even signing him.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 08:43 PM
Nothing fixes a concussion quite like wrapping some gauze around your head.

OgtheDim
Lombardo would have netted that for sure.

Chad Barrett though....

ag futbol
Gotta love benching our starting keeper for no reason, wrecking his sharpness and/or confidence, so that now we have one keeper out of form to go with one keeper that sucks. Good stuff Chris.
I’m not sure. Big fan of Westberg in prior years and I think Bono has skills that make him a backup at best in today’s league, but Q may well have lost a step or two.

Inklink
06-19-2021, 08:44 PM
Can they just team up and go after Armas instead?

69Chevy396
06-19-2021, 08:45 PM
This is an awful team

MikeForbes
This sucks.

Richard
1 win in 9 games.

Say it again everyone, 1 win in 9 games.

Shambles.

ensco
06-19-2021, 08:46 PM
That game is maybe going to cause Pozuelo to wonder what he is doing here.

RedsYNWA
06-19-2021, 08:47 PM
Might as well stay in Florida for the rest of the season this team sucks aside from Pozuelo

Smokecell
Fire the fucker and be done with it

ag futbol
It’s going to be tough for Armas to hang onto his job if he doesn’t get a win in the next two games.

Feel bad for the guys though. They really battled it out in this one.

OgtheDim
Offense good but need a proven striker who can last 90

Defence awful apart from Mavinga

Westberg as rusty as heck but a better man for an attack that requires passing to be accurate

Biggest take away - MLS team can't win when making brain farts - been watching that since 2007

69Chevy396
06-19-2021, 08:48 PM
Lombardo would have netted that for sure.Funny,I was thinking the same thing. That muff was astonishing. How can you miss an open goal from three feet away?

MightyDM
I’m not sure. Big fan of Westberg in prior years and I think Bono has skills that make him a backup at best in today’s league, but Q may well have lost a step or two.

Q might not have it anymore, but there are lots of keepers who have played well past this age. He deserves the benefit of the doubt for now given the strange season and odd handling of his role this year.

jloome
1 win in 9 games.

Say it again everyone, 1 win in 9 games.

Shambles.

We are an arrogant team.

Three goals from dangerous, sloppy plays, risky decisions near our box. In between them another offside goal and two more chances caused by passing the ball around in and near our box.

That was sheer arrogance, that lost, a lack of discipline.

Auzzy
Why the F does Armas only make 3 out of 5 available subs with the awful weather they had today? Lots of players looked dead near the end. We should have been able to hold on for a draw at least.

69Chevy396
06-19-2021, 08:49 PM

US $

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:49 PM

Not just him.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 08:50 PM
Q might not have it anymore, but there are lots of keepers who have played well past this age. He deserves the benefit of the doubt for now given the strange season and odd handling of his role this year.
Yeah, have to agree with you there.

It should be noted too. A good chunk of our attack tonight came from Q’s ability to distribute the ball rather than Bono putting it onto row Z

Canary10
06-19-2021, 08:53 PM
I assume you mean “anymore” since he was brilliant for us prior to this.

I mean the guy looks a step slow. He’s 35 and hasn’t played all season. Maybe at that age when you sit for weeks, the magic ain’t coming back.

gahd, that’s a tough thought, that we don’t have a starting quality keeper period, potentially.

Yeah anymore. He’s never been the greatest shot stopper though.

Richard
06-19-2021, 08:53 PM
I shudder to think where this team would be without Mavinga and Poz.

SoccMan2
06-19-2021, 08:55 PM
What a fucken disgrace bunch of losers stay in Florida don’t come back !

tfcfans
06-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Simply an embarrassment - at some point maybe you know, try to do something different than playing with our heads cut off for most of the game.....Omar simply should not be on the field (what else is there to say at this point - are we getting to Zavaleta territory yet with him?!), Westberg was awful but seeing as his coach benched him for the entire season for no obvious reason while Bono was lighting it up to the tune of 1 win in 7 games - Clearly you can’t replace that kind of performance and change to the guy who started most of the year before and finished second in the league.

We have no real front line strikers to speak of at the moment, nobody that scares anyone anyways. The Jozy thing is an albatross hanging over this team since about 2018 where his performance, and ability to stay on the field has not matched his contract or DP status and the stench of the crap coming from this situation is permeating through the team so badly that we are now paying a guy to stay away. Pozuelo and Soteldo are decent DPs going forward, but a Striker who can finish and stay on the field 30 games a year is essential. Lastly, apparently we have more than our share of injuries consistently with this team yet the training staff issue seems to be resolved by leaving it alone, and losing 1/2 our starters for at least 1/2 a season. Did I miss anything?!

At least we might be able to go to BMO and watch this in person by August/September?! TFC, catch the excitement....

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:56 PM
Not quite “We are the worst team in the world” territory but under Armas we find ways to lose. Again and again. Armas needs to go get his coaching badges; I am sure he is a players coach etc etc but he just isn’t competent at this level. For example, you play a high press and have five subs and 35 degree heat. How do you work with that? I’d have one or two young runners in from the off and deliberately intend to replace them with seasoned vets at 50 minutes or so. And Vice versa. The only hint of this was Ayo and Mullinho

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 08:57 PM
We are an arrogant team.

Three goals from dangerous, sloppy plays, risky decisions near our box. In between them another offside goal and two more chances caused by passing the ball around in and near our box.

Yes. This is true.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 09:00 PM
What "big club" in the world would accept these results?

tfcfans
06-19-2021, 09:01 PM
We are an arrogant team.

I liked that statement - we are an “arrogant” team - we spend more than anyone, and think we are awesome yet we clearly aren’t....you are what your record says you are....and it says we suck and are one of the worst teams in the league, and considering we are paying more money for this group than almost everyone else in the league, that’s really saying something......it’s like they are shocked when they lose, how can you be shocked anymore, you’ve been crap the whole year, this isn’t new......

GerMc
06-19-2021, 09:03 PM
I can’t even watch these games anymore. I fast forwarded through the game. Even that was painful. Not sure when management will come to the realization that their experiment with Armas has failed. It may already be too late for the playoffs this year, but if they don’t make a move soon, this will be a year to rival our worst.

69Chevy396
06-19-2021, 09:05 PM
How is V Vazquez doing in LA?

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 09:08 PM

Yeh, I'm not happy either but that phrase applied to any MLS team is just cringe. We are not a European/South American/Mexican soccer culture in terms of when coaching changes happen.

Coaching decisions in this league are specific to that team & what their goals are - with this one, its playoffs or bust.

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 09:09 PM

Arsenal

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 09:10 PM
Tottenham would have gone through two managers and three rumours by now.

Rust
06-19-2021, 09:11 PM
What a f*** joke.

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 09:11 PM
How is V Vazquez doing in LA?
But is the issue the players or the coach? Maybe we’re a few pieces away from being true contenders but by no means is this a bottom feeder roster.

You add up everything we’ve seen from Armas this year, it’s damning. Dude cannot coach. Piss poor hire by Bill and Ali

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 09:13 PM
I would strongly suggest anybody only looking at highlights or fast forwarding through is going to be missing out on things that worked.

Yes, there was some BAD bonehead plays that cost us 1 or 3 points.

And yet the offence, with Oso & Poz in particular, is very very good.

This is NOT 2012

ag futbol
06-19-2021, 09:13 PM
Yeh, I'm not happy either but that phrase applied to any MLS team is just cringe. We are not a European/South American/Mexican soccer culture in terms of when coaching changes happen.

Coaching decisions in this league are specific to that team & what their goals are - with this one, its playoffs or bust.
Okay I agree but one win in 9 games is enough to be fired and not exactly jumpy. More so a forced decision in the face of farcically bad results.

Smokecell
06-19-2021, 09:17 PM

This is why you need the threat of relegation. MikeForbes is bang on.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 09:17 PM
Okay I agree but one win in 9 games is enough to be fired and not exactly jumpy. More so a forced decision in the face of farcically bad results.

If it goes to 1 in 11, I think he has to go. I doubt it gets that bad though - Cinci is truly horrible.

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 09:21 PM
This is why you need the threat of relegation. MikeForbes is bang on.

To teams like TFC, LAG, NYC, Atl - not making the playoffs is as bad a threat as relegation. I remember KJ talking about the 2 divisions of MLS last season. The league tends to sort itself out that way most seasons.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 09:26 PM

The big club quote comes from Curtis and Manning. Pretty sure they said it about a dozen times in both the Vanney leaving presser and when Armas was hired. Ali never seems to do himself any favors when faced with the media.

Smokecell
06-19-2021, 09:29 PM
To teams like TFC, LAG, NYC, Atl - not making the playoffs is as bad a threat as relegation. I remember KJ talking about the 2 divisions of MLS last season. The league tends to sort itself out that way most seasons.

Relegation is far more devastating and it’s not even worth arguing. KJ was being paid to tow the MLS line.

Ultra & Proud
06-19-2021, 09:32 PM
If it goes to 1 in 11, I think he has to go. I doubt it gets that bad though - Cinci is truly horrible.

Cinci is horrible but so are we and even at our best the last couple years, we were always poor on the 3rd match in a 3 in 7 span.

Canary10
06-19-2021, 09:32 PM
I would strongly suggest anybody only looking at highlights or fast forwarding through is going to be missing out on things that worked.

This is NOT 2012

I actually thought we looked fairly good except for those few moments we didn’t. I don’t think this is a loss to blame Armas for. Other losses, yeah, but not this one. A few players made some bad mistakes at bad times tonight.

Canary10
06-19-2021, 09:34 PM
Relegation is far more devastating and it’s not even worth arguing. KJ was being paid to tow the MLS line.

There’s a reason the Championship playoff final is the most lucrative single match in all of football.

MikeForbes
06-19-2021, 09:36 PM
Alright, guys. I need to get away from soccer for the night. The team sucks right now but it is always enjoyable sharing the highs and lows on here. Just hope we can experience some highs again soon.

gracos
06-19-2021, 09:43 PM
5/24 total points gained this year; a total of 20.83% of total points achieved and yet here we are still with Armas and Curtis at the helm, they need to go, RBNorth hasnt worked; isnt working and will never work here, time to go back to the drawing board and find a qualified coach and manager to bring success to our team, on the current trajectory if this rate continues we will finish with 21 pts leaving us out of the playoff picture, down from 44 points is a huge drop

buddies
06-19-2021, 10:00 PM

This is NOT 2012

I honestly thought we were the better team tonight. Keeping the history out of it we lost because Westberg and Auro screwed up. Orlando will consider themselves fortunate to score any of their goals tonight. I don't think they earned them as much as we handed them to them on a plate. As you said, going forward we were a threat. Add Soteldo to the mix and we could do some damage. Sort out the Jozy situation and either way we'll score goals. Doubt he's coming back but if he did all he'd have to do is go stand on the penalty spot and wait for his 15 goals to show up. Offload him and sign a DP replacement striker and we're off to the races. In saying that we NEED a serious threat up front that opposing defences are worried about. Someone that occupies their minds and draws defenders away to give our creators a yard more space. I don't think Mullins or Dwyer scare any defences in this league. Akinola is developing but he's not quite there either. He needs a mentor to drive him to be the best he can be. If he's the top dog he ain't going to get as good as he could be. Paying Jozy to stay home or giving him away in a way that we don't get DP relief ain't gonna put points on the board. Just my two cents worth ... As far as Armas is concerned, I'm not a fan but being honest you can't organize your defence against brain farts ...

OgtheDim
06-19-2021, 10:19 PM
I support Barrow AFC - I know all about the devastation of relegation.

This league does not do that.

The MLS party line is actually that any team can win on any day. KJ said that wasn't reality.

Point is the threat of not making the playoffs loses people and players jobs in this league whereas a mid table consistent team in a relegation league only feels the heat when they creep lower in the table towards relegation.

It's different.

Oh and I despise the phrase "big club in the world " when Armas and Curtis and Manning use it - so cringe

MightyDM
06-19-2021, 10:30 PM
Funny,I was thinking the same thing. That muff was astonishing. How can you miss an open goal from three feet away?

Be fair. Three yards.

spe18
06-19-2021, 10:59 PM
Simply an embarrassment - at some point maybe you know, try to do something different than playing with our heads cut off for most of the game.....Omar simply should not be on the field (what else is there to say at this point - are we getting to Zavaleta territory yet with him?!), Westberg was awful but seeing as his coach benched him for the entire season for no obvious reason while Bono was lighting it up to the tune of 1 win in 7 games - Clearly you can’t replace that kind of performance and change to the guy who started most of the year before and finished second in the league.

So including that Altidore may have played his last game for the teams, it means we have something like $1.3 million - $2 million in salary budget that is essentially deadweight at this time. And since Toronto FC is likely at the limit they can spend, even when taking into consideration the trades they've made for additional allocation dollars, it'll be quite difficult to add further depth/top quality players until those salaries are off the books.

Initial B
06-19-2021, 11:00 PM
What really bothers me is the return of Tobias Time. Letting goals in the last 10 minutes of a match is returning me to those dark days under ABC. They have to nip that mentality in the bud or it's going to fester and break this team.

reggie
06-19-2021, 11:41 PM
not bad for a 2 and half million back 4 and keepers.schoolboy mistakes every game.its actually a embarrassment now.i dont see any other club make the gaffs these guys make,they should bench auro,he was brutal

SoccMan2
06-20-2021, 12:04 AM
I’ve been saying it for awhile now Auro is brutal, but because he is Brazilian people think he can’t be that bad but he is. He has no head he is clueless, just release him and put a young Canadian there he can’t be any worse .

reggie
06-20-2021, 08:56 AM
I’ve been saying it for awhile now Auro is brutal, but because he is Brazilian people think he can’t be that bad but he is. He has no head he is clueless, just release him and put a young Canadian there he can’t be any worse .i

i agree..so overrated,like a bunch guys on the this club,he is usl caliber like the FO and coaching staff,but he will start next game.

Gringo Starr
06-20-2021, 10:38 AM
poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.
And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary

MightyDM
06-20-2021, 12:34 PM
maybe Morrow should convert to CB. he as decent when he played there before..

wopchop
06-20-2021, 12:55 PM
And maybe Vic can be sent out to train on his own, that was some dreadful commentary
"And it's time for a drink! It's a hydration break!"

Canary10
06-20-2021, 01:45 PM
poor result but overall it was a better effort, we looked much better going forward with everyone in their proper position. Q looked shaky but recovered well after the second goal and whatever Bono fans will say the team is better when Q is distributing the ball rather than Bono hoofing possession away. I will give Armas/Curtis credit for bringing in Kemar he looks great so far, but as much as I look forward to seeing Soteldo with Pozo I wish they had used those resources to find a replacement for Omar, he now looks like he will get exposed game in game out. Addressing the back end might be the bigger issue than sorting Jozy.

“A little give! A little go!!!!

Come on, that’s fantastic commentary.

DavemTFC
06-20-2021, 02:09 PM
Watching this team is an absolutely exhausting exercise these days honestly. We did look good at times in attack, though that mostly stopped in the second half. I'll give Armas some leeway for now and for the Nashville game, where I'd take a draw, but I consider the Cinci game to be must-win. Anything less, and a functioning front office would fire Armas on the spot.

I don't think we'll ever know if Westberg was just out of form due to being rested all season for no apparent reason, or if he's been in bad form all season and was benched because of it (based on our coach's track record I'm assuming it's more the former), but he was bad enough last night that I don't think he'll play again under this coach. He'll just use this game as proof that Bono is his #1

Pozuelo really proved why he's the league MVP - we look great with him playing regardless of any other circumstances.

The defense is the big issue and I don't see it getting any better until Gonzalez is gone...which he probably won't be until next year at the earliest. He's finished at this level and because of the salary he takes up we have no real upgrade and no real wiggle room to find one. If Altidore wasn't training on his own Gonzalez would be just as much of an anchor on our team as him.

Edit: also after listening to enough Gareth Wheeler, even Rauter is an improvement

ag futbol
06-20-2021, 02:12 PM
Here is what I don’t understand.

Kemar is a great fullback. No doubt about it. But what you’re paying for is his ability to get forward. That works well with a setup like we had on Saturday with Osorio playing on the left side and pinching in. How does this work when you have Solteldo, who likes that exact same space, is in the lineup? And how to you justify two attack minded fullbacks when you have Omar Gonzalez on the inside who gets seriously exposed if the team doesn’t give him the right cover? The answer to me was spending the Lawrence money on a CB and seeing if Morrow can hold the line as a defensive option. Or, go to the market and get a cheaper, defensive minded fullback.

Without more roster changes, i think we have to abandon any idea of Bradley or Delgado aggressively pressing up. They need at least one of those guys sitting in front of the back line as almost a permanent fixture. The other can move up pragmatically but shouldn’t be spotted way up the field pressing. I also think they should consider giving Priso some time in one of those spots (notwithstanding his whiff in USL last night) because his benefit is a good number of recovery runs and cutting off passing lanes. Something we’re lacking right now.

Yuushalinsky
06-20-2021, 03:16 PM
It's so frustrating - Q got a stinker of a goal that he shouldn't have given up, another tale of REALLY BAD giveaways, and yet another loss that we really shouldn't have taken. Poz is still the king though and at least Akinola is starting to look dangerous. Even Mullinho looks like he's got teeth with Pozuelo at the helm. Our forwards are quality again, and will be even more so once Soteldo gets back... I just have so many concerns about the back half of our team.

Richard
06-20-2021, 03:28 PM
“A little give! A little go!!!!

Come on, that’s fantastic commentary.

It would fit right in with Timbits soccer. Truly dreadful commentary.

MikeForbes
06-20-2021, 03:48 PM
It's so frustrating - Q got a stinker of a goal that he shouldn't have given up, another tale of REALLY BAD giveaways, and yet another loss that we really shouldn't have taken. Poz is still the king though and at least Akinola is starting to look dangerous. Even Mullinho looks like he's got teeth with Pozuelo at the helm. Our forwards are quality again, and will be even more so once Soteldo gets back... I just have so many concerns about the back half of our team.

Pozuelo makes everyone better. I am so excited for Soteldo, Poz and Borré together. ;)

Yuushalinsky
06-20-2021, 04:41 PM
Pozuelo makes everyone better. I am so excited for Soteldo, Poz and Borré together. ;)

R A F A E L S A N T O S B O R R E

But seriously, I'm so fucking tired of little league mistakes for this big league club.

OgtheDim
06-20-2021, 05:35 PM
It would fit right in with Timbits soccer. Truly dreadful commentary.

"Now its Kevin...still Kevin....OH MY that was a hard tackle by Rachel...Kevin is still down but the ball is going the other way and..."

TFCDP
06-20-2021, 10:24 PM
"Now its Kevin...still Kevin....OH MY that was a hard tackle by Rachel...Kevin is still down but the ball is going the other way and..."

Ohh, a little give, a little go, ohhh, Chad puts it in the net, no its offside......... Chad gets the goal... Stick to curling Vic

MikeForbes
06-20-2021, 10:38 PM
Vic has the ultimate voice. He could tell me an asteroid was gonna hit the Earth and I'd probably feel okay about it. That said, he knows nothing about soccer.

spe18
06-20-2021, 11:05 PM
Ohh, a little give, a little go, ohhh, Chad puts it in the net, no its offside......... Chad gets the goal... Stick to curling Vic

Last time I checked, curling isn't played in summer :)

reggie
06-20-2021, 11:24 PM
it could of been worst it could of been wheeler,i guess luke is overworked,jezzz:facepalm: