PDA

View Full Version : MLS Matches the Weekend - May 29-30

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 08:35 PM
All KO times are per MLS

Games in red are, IMHO, worth watching for some reason or another - YMMV

Reminder: This is the week of the "everybody plays in the same colour shirts because we don't like plastic in the sea" jerseys https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/kit-matchups-what-your-club-is-wearing-for-mls-week-7

Saturday

Montreal @ Chicago 1:08pm - If this is a hors d'oeuvres before the CL final main course, its one of those one where you put it on your plate only to realise you really won't want it. Two horrible defences & two not so great attacks

Orlando @ NYRB 1:08pm - Orlando is a good team & should be able to handle NYRB's press

NER @ Cinci 3:08pm - Imagine being the SKY commentator told you are covering this match while the CL final is on - most interesting thing will be seeing how many Cinci fans are CL fans

Nashville @ Atlanta 3:38pm - "I am committed to this incredibly defensive team no matter what cause I'm in this for the long haul & I'm going to put that other game on too" vs. "What's the CL? Is Almiron in that? I miss Miggy. Oh look, a golden spike....YoooHooooo...Go ATL!!"

NYC @ LAFC 5:08pm - 2 inconsistent teams but the offences should be fun

San Jose @ LAG 7:03pm - Vanney ALWAYS struggles against SJE, even before they went to man marking

DCU @ Miami 8:08pm - Miami has not won at home while DCU has no points yet when away

Houston @ SKC 8:38pm - these two teams just played each other 2 weeks ago - wasn't worth watching then & not expecting anything to change

Dallas @ Colorado 9:08pm - Rapids are pluggers but Dallas just isn't all that good to watch this season

Minnesota @ RSL 9:38pm - RSL beat the Loons in the first week, and got in the Loons heads. The Loons seem out of their funk but I suspect RSL will be doing mind games again

Sunday

Portland @ Philly 7:08pm - Philly seems to have gotten back on track. Two midfields that will work their socks off.

Austin @ Seattle 9:38pm - Austin coming down to earth after their first few games. Seattle, even with injuries, is just good.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 12:55 PM
So just watched Orlando do what we did last week & let players waltz into the 6 yard box to score.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 02:11 PM
Oh Montreal....just when I think we are badly cursed

&

Var saves their butts

Yohan
06-02-2021, 01:33 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PxyFjuzabR0