PDA

View Full Version : MLS Match Day 7 TFC @ CBus Sat May29 3:08pm - Surprise, surprise, I traveled here

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
05-25-2021, 06:15 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k5ozgNVJ_QU

Last game to that dump which has a lot of memories for us

Have at It People

OgtheDim
05-25-2021, 06:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0T9hf_hjAI

jabbronies
05-25-2021, 08:30 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0T9hf_hjAI

I'm so glad this didn't happen when we were travelling not.

Not because of safety reasons or anything like that - but more because we probably would've been blamed for it. That, and the real reason - The crew being a dumpster fire of a club - wouldn't have been seen as the culprit.

MikeForbes
05-25-2021, 08:56 AM
Time to start picking up points. Preferably 3 at a time.

ensco
05-25-2021, 10:11 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q4XD3Xi6tYo

Red CB Toronto
05-25-2021, 12:44 PM
The 2008 Invasion, despite the result oh what a day !!

https://www.thestar.com/sports/2008/03/30/fc_fans_paint_columbus_red.html

https://dreadlocksportstalk.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/mg_5701-1.jpg

https://i.redd.it/cmjz2juoorv31.png

benito
05-25-2021, 01:12 PM
Such a fun weekend!!

Miss Jones
05-25-2021, 02:28 PM
That was a great weekend. We came down by bus along with 6 or 7 other buses. We ran out of rooms so Nature Girl (Connie) asked if I minded sharing my room with 2 other guys along with Simon. Most of the evening/night the guys were out rescuing King Dave!! Quite the story. A weekend to remember for sure.

613reppingTFC
05-25-2021, 06:57 PM
Saw Soteldo had his knee wrapped and prayer hands 🙏🙏 on his insta..anyone hear anything?

Joe Kool
05-26-2021, 11:03 AM
So another game where we don't look threatening at all?

OgtheDim
05-26-2021, 03:55 PM
Saw Soteldo had his knee wrapped and prayer hands  on his insta..anyone hear anything?

FWIW, he was in training today according to pics

https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1397654650095116288/photo/2

DavemTFC
05-27-2021, 12:43 AM
Is anyone here actually planning on watching this live what with that other game going on at the exact same time

jloome
05-27-2021, 01:03 AM
Is anyone here actually planning on watching this live what with that other game going on at the exact same time

I generally only watch TFC these days, so yeah. (I'm guessing from the Europa Final being today that it's the Champion's League final or something).

Too much to do, not enough hours for multiple leagues or sports for that matter.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-27-2021, 05:50 AM
Yet another idiotic programming of a TFC match!
Reading what you guys have posted, I just realised that's in the exactly same time-spot as the Champions League final.

So it is obvious that nobody else in the world who is a footy fan will watch TFC, but just the TFC and Columbus diehards.
... And I mean just the very serious die-hards, lol. I would be much surprised if it's more that 5,000 + 5,000 people (max-max from both sides).

OgtheDim
05-27-2021, 06:26 AM

I would bet most die hard first day TFC supporters who are also die hard Chelsea or City supporters would have been TFC before they were City or Chelsea.

(Yes, there are exceptions but some of us were alive 14 years ago & have memories - to support Chelsea or City prior to their current ownership was to be as niche as supporting West Brom or the Washington Capitals)

But, the "the Euro final is the best club game in the world" hype is big soooo, I get why some would watch that.

I'm only a passing watcher of European club football as it happens mid week when I'm working. Neither of those teams interest me so I am unlikely to watch.

Joe Kool
05-27-2021, 08:52 AM
I am a long time Chelsea fan (mid-90's) and diehard TFC fan...having trouble with this one a bit. Kind of worried someone on the TFC broadcast will say something about the Champs League or maybe they will have that stupid ticker. If I watch Champs League then no chance anyone will say anything about Columbus and TFC :) So I may have to watch TFC on delay...

Canary10
05-27-2021, 08:55 AM
The Championship playoff final is Saturday too. Thankfully early in the morning. Wouldn't want it to interfere with TFC.

Bushmancan
05-27-2021, 09:36 AM
CL is 3pm as well .... I am going to run a spilt screen with volume on CL because i don't need to hear Caldwell (sorry couldn't resist).

DavemTFC
05-27-2021, 11:11 AM
I am a long time Chelsea fan (mid-90's) and diehard TFC fan...having trouble with this one a bit. Kind of worried someone on the TFC broadcast will say something about the Champs League or maybe they will have that stupid ticker. If I watch Champs League then no chance anyone will say anything about Columbus and TFC :) So I may have to watch TFC on delay...
This is my plan, and I dislike both teams in the CL final. I expect record low viewing numbers for the Cbus game

613reppingTFC
05-27-2021, 11:39 AM

Yeah a couple weeks ago I think it was Wileman who spoiled the Man City game or something while the TFC game was going on, so I fully expect him to do the same thing this time around. Not sure which game i'll be watching yet either, but a good point to watch TFC on delay because no one is talking about that game during CL game hah

ensco
05-27-2021, 11:41 AM
https://twitter.com/johnmolinaro/status/1397952877268774913?s=21

OgtheDim
05-27-2021, 12:14 PM
Followed by

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1397955886757384199

MikeForbes
05-27-2021, 08:50 PM
Osorio might be the second most injury prone guy on the team.

OgtheDim
05-27-2021, 09:02 PM
Well Jozy ain't playing it seems....

MikeForbes
05-27-2021, 09:04 PM
This Jozy stuff has to end.

https://twitter.com/JeffreyCarlisle/status/1398094425033641986?s=20

Bushmancan
05-27-2021, 09:17 PM
Now you know why they signed Dwyer… as much as a pain as Jozy may or may not be … and it may be #jozyout but organizations should treat their greats with class. I am now an #armasout #aliout this may be the end of the TFC we love. Even if they can turn it around, this isn’t the way an organization like MLSE should behave.

jloome
05-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Osorio might be the second most injury prone guy on the team.

Would you be rushing back from even minor injuries if you had no faith in your manager?

ensco
05-27-2021, 09:59 PM
How the eff does Jeff Carlisle have this story?

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team in our city is truly horrendous.

jloome
05-27-2021, 10:06 PM

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team is truly horrendous.

Yeah, well....

I hate to tell you dude, but the Canadian print media has been utterly gutted in the last two decades. When I started at the Sun in Edmonton, we had eighteen reporters covering city news. When I left, they had four.

Broadcast had always been shit, rarely broke anything and mostly has been able to function by ripping-and-reading newspapers for years.

Toronto papers and outlets didn't fare any better. There's little profit incentive in media and most of the companies that put those debt-laden, slow-to-change companies into receivership have share value because of their capitalization, not their profit margins.

So basically the only healthy daily coverage left is CBC, which is funded (albeit at a rate below the public services of 20 other commonwealth nations).

Keep in mind that when I joined a city paper in '97, they were already egregiously poor at almost everything compared to twenty years before that, due to a lack of competition allowing owners to save costs via poorly trained staff, then using those savings to address heavy corporate debt.

Lineage ad rates were one-tenth of the U.S., and the quality was already suffering when Asper bought Canwest and began the trend of heavy bias and cuts to counter acquisition debt.

TFC's coverage was kind of shit even when there were multiple outlets doing the job. We've never had a Steve Goff here, a local guy who routinely breaks big stuff. It's all "I got the announcement first" crap, low hanging daily spot news fruit.

portu
05-27-2021, 10:10 PM

This didn’t come out of nowhere. Jesus H Christ, the media coverage of this team in our city is truly horrendous.
You have to remember Carlisle dropped the Jozy transfer interest story in January as well. Jozy disputed the report, so he likely didn't leak it.

Given he dropped this report as well, I'd hazard a guess that these leaks are either Manning/Curtis or both.

portu
05-27-2021, 10:11 PM
Yeah, well....

I hate to tell you dude, but the Canadian print media has been utterly gutted in the last two decades. When I started at the Sun in Edmonton, we had eighteen reporters covering city news. When I left, they had four.

Broadcast had always been shit, rarely broke anything and mostly has been able to function by ripping-and-reading newspapers for years.

Toronto papers and outlets didn't fare any better. There's little profit incentive in media and most of the companies that put those debt-laden, slow-to-change companies into receivership have share value because of their capitalization, not their profit margins.

So basically the only healthy daily coverage left is CBC, which is funded (albeit at a rate below the public services of 20 other commonwealth nations).

Keep in mind that when I joined a city paper in '97, they were already egregiously poor at almost everything compared to twenty years before that, due to a lack of competition allowing owners to save costs via poorly trained staff, then using those savings to address heavy corporate debt.

Lineage ad rates were one-tenth of the U.S., and the quality was already suffering when Asper bought Canwest and began the trend of heavy bias and cuts to counter acquisition debt.

TFC's coverage was kind of shit even when there were multiple outlets doing the job. We've never had a Steve Goff here, a local guy who routinely breaks big stuff. It's all "I got the announcement first" crap, low hanging daily spot news fruit.
I feel like all KJ has always been the most in the loop of anyone. He always speaks as if he understands a little more than he lets on and every now and then he'll drop a tidbit of info to prove it.

jloome
05-27-2021, 10:12 PM
You have to remember Carlisle dropped the Jozy transfer interest story in January as well. Jozy disputed the report, so he likely didn't leak it.

Given he dropped this report as well, I'd hazard a guess that these leaks are either Manning/Curtis or both.

Carlisle lives in LA and used to freelance for Sports Illustrated. My guess is he's buddies with Jeff Bradley.

ensco
05-27-2021, 10:14 PM
Yeah, well....

If anyone at MLSE is reading this: if you all think that having a story of this magnitude go on for weeks without a word of it anywhere is good for you, you deserve the empty seats and low television ratings that you will receive for this.

jloome
05-27-2021, 10:25 PM
If anyone at MLSE is reading this: if you all think that having a story of this magnitude go on for weeks without a word of it anywhere is good for you, you deserve the empty seats and low television ratings that you will receive for this.

Yeah, lessons never learned and all that. Corporate communication have backslid badly in the era of rarely having to answer hard questions or prepare for the worst.

They should be way ahead of this. Instead, Ali's sending out text's saying "dont' ask', which even in these blighted media times ain't going to fly.

OgtheDim
05-27-2021, 10:29 PM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1398106414300737536?s=19

KJ with a "we knew something was wrong back then" tweet. I also remember TSN openly indicating Cruz Azul was looking at Jozy and they were the team that almost grabbed him in January.

Frankly, Jozy leaving, in and of itself, doesn't move the needle either way for this team revenue wise. TFC is so out of people's radar in this town.

His replacement as a DP might but not at the Poz or Soteldo level. The only thing that gets interest back is a big name. Otherwise, they have to be fun and competitive again.

portu
05-27-2021, 11:27 PM
Carlisle lives in LA and used to freelance for Sports Illustrated. My guess is he's buddies with Jeff Bradley.
But who's giving Jeff Bradley the green light for leaks of this magnitude?

Bushmancan
05-27-2021, 11:34 PM

I would agree... Two things jump out at me... "The sources added that Altidore was upset at being replaced by Ayo Akinola (https://www.espn.com/soccer/player/_/id/266022/Ayo-Akinola) in the 70th minute of Saturday's 1-0 defeat to Orlando City, and confronted Armas over his decision to take him off with the Reds in need of a goal. The sources added that Altidore hasn't been fined." and "The development is the latest sign that Altidore wants out of Toronto". A guy wanting to stay in to win doesn't sound like a guy who wants out. AND Ali is quoted in the article.

MikeForbes
05-28-2021, 04:06 AM
Akinola has to be better if Jozy is done. You all know I love Mullinho, but he has been our best striker this year. That isn't good that he is out playing a DP and our breakout star from last year.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-28-2021, 05:04 AM
Akinola has to be better if Jozy is done. You all know I love Mullinho, but he has been our best striker this year. That isn't good that he is out playing a DP and our breakout star from last year.

As shocking this may seem, but it's true!
Mullinho had clearly more influence on the games played (per minute) than Jozy or Ayo.
Now the sad thing is that IMO any MLS team which has a best forward like Mullinho, has no business being elsewhere other than the bottom 6 MLS teams.

ag futbol
05-28-2021, 06:59 AM
https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1398106414300737536?s=19

KJ with a "we knew something was wrong back then" tweet. I also remember TSN openly indicating Cruz Azul was looking at Jozy and they were the team that almost grabbed him in January.

Frankly, Jozy leaving, in and of itself, doesn't move the needle either way for this team revenue wise. TFC is so out of people's radar in this town.

His replacement as a DP might but not at the Poz or Soteldo level. The only thing that gets interest back is a big name. Otherwise, they have to be fun and competitive again.
My bet is somebody knows somebody else and Cruz Azul did TFC brass a favour leaking a rumour they had no intention of acting on. Nobody is going to come for Altidore on his $3.5 million dollar salary at his current rate of performance.

More likely, the Cruz Azul “leak” was the advertisement that essentially said “player for sale”. And now? No takers, at least not at a level that doesn’t see TFC eat the cost. Hence the spilt milk and frustration.

ag futbol
05-28-2021, 07:05 AM
Completely agree.

Captain
05-28-2021, 07:54 AM
"The sources added that Altidore was upset at being replaced by Ayo Akinola (https://www.espn.com/soccer/player/_/id/266022/Ayo-Akinola) in the 70th minute "

I find it hard to believe that this is the reason Jozy was upset. Jozy has been all about mentoring and supporting Ayo. I can't see him doing something that would blatantly set him back. I think that statement is more about the media making a guess at what's going on. I could see it being more likely that Jozy was upset with the tactics, like we're down a goal maybe we need two strikers or being upset that players are being played out of position and calling out Armas on it.

ensco
05-28-2021, 08:27 AM
My speculation: the problem started in MLS Cup 2019, Jozy has never gotten over being a sub in that game. But the bigger picture is, Altidore is upset for exactly the same reason Seba was upset. He is being asked to play out his final year, and thinks this is a sign of disrespect. Suspect this also has some symmetry with the Dero situation way back when, ie Jozy feels he has been told things verbally at some point that aren’t happening. So I think he is saying, if that is how you feel, move me, to a place I want to be.

Which is all complicated by the fact that TFC would have to eat dollars to move Jozy.

Not surprisingly, it may not get sorted until the summer window.

If I am wrong, and this is as reported, which I don't buy, ie a problem between Armas and Jozy, then Armas could really be gone soon. But that seems less likely to me.

Canary10
05-28-2021, 08:55 AM
My speculation: the problem started in MLS Cup 2019, Jozy has never gotten over being a sub in that game. But the bigger picture is, Altidore is upset for exactly the same reason Seba was upset. He is being asked to play out his final year, and thinks this is a sign of disrespect. Suspect this also has some symmetry with the Dero situation way back when, ie Jozy feels he has been told things verbally at some point that aren’t happening. So I think he is saying, if that is how you feel, move me, to a place I want to be.

Which is all complicated by the fact that TFC would have to eat dollars to move Jozy.

If I am wrong, and this is as reported, which I don't buy, ie a problem between Armas and Jozy, then Armas could really be gone soon. But that seems less likely to me.

I can see it being all those things at the same time. There's clearly been a rift between Jozy and the club for a while. I suspect Armas is also sending a message to the other players who is in charge here, so that's probably at play too.

If, as everyone is saying, TFC is open to offers for Jozy, the one thing that doesn't make sense to me is why leak that he's a troublesome player? Not sure that's helpful if you want to move him on.

ag futbol
05-28-2021, 09:08 AM

In fairness, Dero was playing well above the value of his contract and in Gio’s case, what he wanted didn’t seem terribly off market. For Altidore, it’s either buyout or extension at really low dollars (which in itself is dubious).

My guess is they both want a buyout but the sticking point is dollars. On the one side you’ve got Altidore who still wants to get paid. On the other, you’ve got Curtis who is trying not to look like an idiot for signing that contract in the first place.

So the situation continues to drag on and eventually frustrations have boiled over. Altidore probably is hearing from his agent there is interest but that can only happen if TFC essentially foots the bill.

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 09:18 AM
FWIW

Jozy's final year is 2022 - his contract was heavily front loaded, possibly to the point where he becomes easily tradeable next season within the league. That's why my spec is this is about playing time & being seen to be effective prior to the July trade window. Its in Jozy's best interest to get a trade in July based on being effective now rather then next based on his history.

I would note that Molinaro's source affirms he's not training with the team but doesn't say why.

Ultra & Proud
05-28-2021, 09:27 AM
Jozy's final year is 2022 - his contract was heavily front loaded, possibly to the point where he becomes easily tradeable next season within the league. That's why my spec is this is about playing time & being seen to be effective prior to the July trade window. Its in Jozy's best interest to get a trade in July based on being effective now rather then next based on his history.

This is how I see it as well and he was playing better of late for probably this exact reason. Hopefully it all ends soon and we can move on after his inevitable Twitter rant on how Armas & Curtis tried to sabotage him.

ManUtd4ever
05-28-2021, 12:14 PM
Regardless of who is at fault, it's sad to see the current state of affairs with Jozy. He's a TFC legend and I really hope things work out for him here.

daner90
05-28-2021, 01:47 PM
I really don't know what this team is going to do at striker. If you looks at the stats between Jozy, Mullinho and Ayo so far this campaign they are horrendous.
It seems like the system (if there is one) that Armas has put in place, really puts the striker on an island by himself with no support.
The hope with Jozy up front would be if he can form a relationship with Soteldo and the Shaff to make something happen from crosses or slick through balls in to the box.

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 02:19 PM
Soteldo out now....funny because he's in the social media pics a lot this week

https://twitter.com/djcuse/status/1398351335569899522

Canary10
05-28-2021, 02:30 PM

Sigh.

noxx98
05-28-2021, 02:37 PM
This team is a mess. I wish the All for One documentaries weren't propaganda pieces and could actually give us some insight to what's happening here.

rydermike
05-28-2021, 02:44 PM
Armas needs to go for real. Everyone getting injured at PRACTICE.

JoesphNdo
05-28-2021, 02:47 PM
The injury isn't even the worst thing here - how are we so bad at communication that the first confirmation of this is from Venezuela? It's like the team have forgotten that supporters even exist

DavemTFC
05-28-2021, 03:02 PM
Why is it ALWAYS thigh injuries this season

Ultra & Proud
05-28-2021, 03:12 PM
The injury isn't even the worst thing here - how are we so bad at communication that the first confirmation of this is from Venezuela? It's like the team have forgotten that supporters even exist
It would probably fall under the 'competitive strategy' line that Curtis dropped today when denying to comment on Jozy's availability tomorrow. I understood this type of thing when playing in the CCL as it was a real tourney but going all stealth for a May Saturday afternooner in Columbus?

leedsandTFC
05-28-2021, 03:17 PM
what's worrying is that soteldo has basically not gotten injured up until now, missing under a month total in his entire career (according to transfermarkt).

https://www.transfermarkt.us/yeferson-soteldo/verletzungen/spieler/312294

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 03:26 PM
It would probably fall under the 'competitive strategy' line that Curtis dropped today when denying to comment on Jozy's availability tomorrow. I understood this type of thing when playing in the CCL as it was a real tourney but going all stealth for a May Saturday afternooner in Columbus?

To me this is the bunker mentality that is bred by not having journos face to face - we saw it a bit with other teams last year but we have it even worse being in a different country.

jloome
05-28-2021, 03:27 PM

Such an absurd, bullshit answer. More likely he didn't know yet and wanted to sound strategic in the moment.

Either we have the world's worst physio and training regimen, to be getting all these muscle problems, or some players are trying to make life very hard for a coach they'd like to jettison, double time. Probably not the latter; most pros I've talked to like winning too much to tank anything on purpose.

But it's odd that a guy who has basically never been injured long-term comes to us at 23 and is immediately out, at the same time as our other skilled playmakers.

Does Armas speak Spanish?

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 03:28 PM
Might just keep reposting this for the next few weeks

https://twitter.com/Eric_Giacometti/status/1398102639645188099

OgtheDim
05-28-2021, 03:29 PM
In other news, team flew up to CBus today.

Canary10
05-28-2021, 03:37 PM
Why is it ALWAYS thigh injuries this season

To me this is a strange one. Thigh injuries aren't typically running related (unless they're counting hamstrings as a thigh injury, that is much more common). I think they're usually contact related in soccer (like getting a charley horse). Really makes me wonder what they're doing in practice to have so many. Something's not right there.

ensco
05-28-2021, 04:15 PM
We are today reaching a reading Of “Earl Cochrane” on the chaos meter for the first time since the Dero-Celtic saga...

daner90
05-28-2021, 05:18 PM
Well no soteldo, no jozy and an injured poz available for Saturday....hello darkness my old friend.

DavemTFC
05-28-2021, 06:01 PM
Really makes me wonder what they're doing in practice to have so many. Something's not right there.
This.

We already knew about the high injury trend at this club over multiple seasons so the team's medical staff is AT LEAST partly to blame here. But the issue with thigh injuries is, as far as I can tell, a purely 2021 thing (though if I knew an easy way to find injury data over previous seasons I'd be all over it). This is the third player with a significant thigh injury already this year (I'm assuming yefe is unavailable at least 3 weeks if hes missing copa because of it) and we're running out of excuses. Their off-season fitness regime was apparently out of whack with Jim Liston leaving to join Vanney in LA and not being replaced until months later, which is a major knock on Manning and Curtis, but we're now 2 months into the season. The medical staff must surely have gotten the players back on track by now, and if there are still lingering issues from the off-season they absolutely have to know about them and the coaches have to adjust how (and how much) they play and train accordingly. And yet even ignoring the thigh injuries we keep getting plenty of minor ones seemingly every week. And most damning is that the off season issues wouldn't even apply to Soteldo who presumably had his normal off season in Brazil. And yet here he is a month into his TFC career already on the mend.

I still feel like our medical staff is a problem but this really seems like it's more on the coaches. We know high intensity pressing wears players out over the course of the season but we are less than 2 months in. And honestly Oso and Yefe are two of the players who seem like they can deal with the demands of pressing the best. The more I think about this the less confidence I have in whatever training drills our coach who doesn't even have a license makes the players do. He can blame the Pozo injury on an over exuberant Luke Singh (which way to throw the kid under the bus btw) but I doubt that explains the other two. And the fact Osorio reaggravated the same problem at least twice makes me think Armas (and or the medical staff) are pushing our players beyond what their bodies can do.

Idk. Maybe it really is a coincidence that we have so many thigh strains but somehow I doubt it. Would help to know more about how the Soteldo injury happened, if that's even a possibility

Bushmancan
05-28-2021, 06:42 PM
sigh.

mlse what are you doing@@!!!!!!

Smokecell
05-28-2021, 08:12 PM
They are hoping 4-6 weeks for Soteldo now lol my word....careful walking down the road tonight folks, the wheels are popping off and one might hit you

Fort York Redcoat
05-29-2021, 06:37 AM
This is the match where Mullins proves Columbus wrong, right? Guys?

I'm going to watch this match with Trillium number 3 in a row in mind.

That is all.

Everything else i am looking to international break. Thank gawd.

Graeme
05-29-2021, 07:39 AM
I guess our only hope is for Bradley to inspire whatever remnants of the team that are playing to unlikely heights. I am expecting we'll lose by multiple goals...

PizzaEatingYeti
05-29-2021, 07:59 AM
They are hoping 4-6 weeks for Soteldo now lol my word....careful walking down the road tonight folks, the wheels are popping off and one might hit you

Better this not happening!
Otherwise the whole Venezuela will hate FTC forever because they made missing Yefe important national team matches, also these millions of fans will be joined by the Santos fans, lol... and countless of other hundreds of thousands Yefe fans across South America.
This will give TFC a horrible rep across South America, and will be a serious kick in the guts whenever they want to sign up important players from that region!

portu
05-29-2021, 08:33 AM
Chris “No Excuses” Armas now has ample excuses. He’s not going anywhere for a long time. He could continue to run this team into the ground until September and I doubt he loses his job.

Smokecell
05-29-2021, 08:41 AM
Chris “No Excuses” Armas now has ample excuses. He’s not going anywhere for a long time. He could continue to run this team into the ground until September and I doubt he loses his job.

Unfortunately, I don’t think you’re wrong...

rocktml
05-29-2021, 09:00 AM
Hmmmmm TFC shit show at 3pm vs Champions league final between Manchester city and Chelsea at 3pm hmmmmmmmmm

PizzaEatingYeti
05-29-2021, 09:09 AM
Can someone save me, and give the info where I can watch the full TFC match after it was finished?

I remember a post here 1-2 years ago saying that all TFC games are recorded and uploaded somewhere a few hours after the matches were finished, and anyone can watch'em there
It was somewhere like Youtube or Reddit maybe?

Thanks in advance!

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 09:19 AM

If Jozy comes on at half time we win that game.

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 09:21 AM
Regardless of who is at fault, it's sad to see the current state of affairs with Jozy. He's a TFC legend and I really hope things work out for him here.

This is how I feel

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 09:26 AM
Can someone save me, and give the info where I can watch the full TFC match after it was finished?

I remember a post here 1-2 years ago saying that all TFC games are recorded and uploaded somewhere a few hours after the matches were finished, and anyone can watch'em there
It was somewhere like Youtube or Reddit maybe?

Thanks in advance!

For sure it’s in DAZN 48 hours later; for links etc I don’t know.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-29-2021, 09:33 AM
For sure it’s in DAZN 48 hours later; for links etc I don’t know.
I'm not in Canada or the US, so I can watch only online.

spe18
05-29-2021, 11:59 AM
Hmmmmm TFC shit show at 3pm vs Champions league final between Manchester city and Chelsea at 3pm hmmmmmmmmm

Luckily the other day I thought of the idea of having double sceens setup side by side :)

(typing this as I'm in the 15 min wait @ a clinic after having gotten the covid vaccine :).

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 12:12 PM

(typing this as I'm in the 15 min wait @ a clinic after having gotten the covid vaccine :).

:pbjtime::pbjtime:

Richard
05-29-2021, 12:50 PM

Can we start a TFC injury thread?

This is beyond a joke, the amount of injuries we have had the last 3 years is far beyond other teams, and is now well beyond just being an outlier.

TFC have some fundamental problems with either the medical teams or training plans by coaches. Football is a marathon not a sptint, yet it seems like all of our players get run down in training which is fucking idiotic.

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 12:53 PM
I'm not in Canada or the US, so I can watch only online.

Got it. You are dedicated supporter

Richard
05-29-2021, 01:05 PM
We need a win today. If we're on 5 pts out of 7 games today the manager needs to be sacked.

portu
05-29-2021, 01:29 PM
Odds we get steamrolled?

gracos
05-29-2021, 01:31 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1398705217559056394/photo/1

Starting XI: Bono, Laryea, Zavaleta, Mavinga, Lawrence, Auro Jr., Bradley, Delgado, DeLeon, Shaffelburg, Akinola
Bench: Westberg, Endoh, Morrow, Mullins, Nelson, Okello, Pozuelo, Priso, Singh

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 01:31 PM
DeLeon as AM & Delgado as right sided midfielder with Auro as a DM & Richie as RB.

This stubborness is not helping

MikeForbes
05-29-2021, 01:35 PM
Armas really isn't good at the whole putting players in a position to succeed thing.

Omar
05-29-2021, 01:38 PM
Well, I'm happy to see Pozuelo return to the squad, but that XI gives me no confidence. We have little to no creativity in there, and I don't see how this team can play at a quick-enough pace to stretch Columbus. Last time, we had Soteldo; this time, we really don't have someone to create chances consistently enough for us.

I'm just hoping that we can get 3 points here. There's no way we're going to take control of this match, so a smash-and-grab will do.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-29-2021, 01:39 PM
We need a win today. If we're on 5 pts out of 7 games today the manager needs to be sacked.

He won't be sacked no matter what happens in this one, BUT...
If today and in our next game we do not gather even a miserable single point, he should be fired on the spot.

Even if this is MLS and even if it's TFC with Armas' buddy Ali in the management.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 01:40 PM
Armas really isn't good at the whole putting players in a position to succeed thing.

Yeh, Armas seems determined to put on a best 11, even if that best 11 isn't a good fit with each other - he's also pretty much dropped playing the kids. Like, use Okello in the AM role and see what he can do.

reggie
05-29-2021, 01:44 PM
a 3 nil loss and 2 more injuries

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 01:50 PM
Again, just hoping they fight for each other & don't give up.

Hope to see Poz in at some point & maybe some kids get some time & learn.

A result here is looking unlikely.

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 01:53 PM
Wow how many players are out of position

I hate this management.
They tried to change contract tactics by making players play their last year out.

Now they are saying FU we don't need a DP playing when Points are being dropped.

Bono again, there is no legit reason for Q not to start.

The own goal and the one similar earlier should have been the end. He still cannot command the back line. Issues they give up goals Q could help organize for sure.

Bono seems fragile like you watch when he ran out its like he purposely does it to then cry to the ref. It reminds me of the time the tfc camera caught him not dressed up and he freaked.

Or how he tried to be funny and endearing to the fans when we all waited for soteldo.

Him and Chapman seem to have the same personality.

Omar is old and slow.

What a joke

rydermike
05-29-2021, 01:54 PM
So Omar injured too I guess. Auro as DM again because he played it as a child. Marky playing right instead of central because Chivas tried him as a right back. Wait until Armas finds out that Zavs played striker in college

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 02:00 PM
Team also gave pozuelo mvp trophy today

Since he was injured they thought now that he is back they would give it to him

Wierdd

Rust
05-29-2021, 02:03 PM
Is Soteldo injured? He's not even on the bench.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 02:06 PM

Yes, out 4-6 weeks with a thigh injury - announced by Venezuela not TFC.

rydermike
05-29-2021, 02:06 PM
Yep, and TFC tried to hide it. Everyone found out from the Venezuelan national team and Solteldo's own instagram

DinamoTFC
05-29-2021, 02:11 PM
I can't follow this stubbornness. Im always willing to give Armas half the season or until the DPs are healthy but this is just starting to anger me now. Armas out lol

samuraizero
05-29-2021, 02:12 PM
So Omar injured too I guess. Auro as DM again because he played it as a child. Marky playing right instead of central because Chivas tried him as a right back. Wait until Armas finds out that Zavs played striker in college

Oof. Here we go

samuraizero
05-29-2021, 02:13 PM
Is this started yet? Everything I can find is still on the NYRB game

Edit: Nvm, its started now

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 02:16 PM
Yes, out 4-6 weeks with a thigh injury - announced by Venezuela not TFC.

I did not know this and found it out he posted on IG had prayer hands .

This management team has lost me completely.

I'm only keeping my tickets for 2026

I've never felt so much dislike in a long long time

Thomas
05-29-2021, 02:19 PM
Zavs starting is frightening.

gracos
05-29-2021, 02:20 PM
Please correct me if im wrong but was their a conference call with the supporter groups to get opinion on what we would like to see in a manager/coach for our club, or did Manning voluntell us what we are getting; it would be nice if TFC didnt take their supporters for granted

ag futbol
05-29-2021, 02:26 PM
Zavs starting is frightening.
This is a pretty uninspiring starting lineup to be honest. Funny how we showed promise with youth then have significantly reduced everyone’s roles.

DeLeon at AM is a nod to mediocrity.

Bushmancan
05-29-2021, 02:27 PM
Wow, just reading everything. My prediction Armas gets 5 year extension this week.

Thomas
Delgado seems lost in this formation.

MikeForbes
Akinola is in a very bad run of form.

MikeForbes
05-29-2021, 02:28 PM
I wish I was dead.

Bushmancan
i have never said this before. i hope it is 6-0. Turning to CCL and i hate both Chelsea and Man City.

samuraizero
Can't say im surprised at that goal. This team has lost the plot

rydermike
What the hell is that. Why did we have 10 guys in the final third

ag futbol
05-29-2021, 02:29 PM
What are they thinking? Very poor organization on that corner

noxx98
This is awful

Thomas
Press press…surprise, no one at home.

rydermike
Was the plan a full team press off a corner

Inklink
05-29-2021, 02:30 PM
What the flying **** was that? A breakaway from the attacking third basically. Braindead team this group. No surprise it came from Deleon completely pissing away a good chance.

SirBobSaget
05-29-2021, 02:30 PM
Thats happened to me in Football Manager when I had my FB taking the corner. Its OK Armas just adjust manage your corner tactic better next time :)

PaceyWinger
05-29-2021, 02:31 PM
What the actual fu@k. we look like we would lose to a USL club.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 02:32 PM
That was amateur

FootBallAZ
What the did Bono do
Didn't look like he even tried to save the shot

ag futbol
I feel like Armas ‘s idea of offence mirrors an onside kick in the NFL.

Sort of hard when the other team is sitting back, waiting for it, and knows you don’t have another credible plan.

Smokecell
05-29-2021, 02:33 PM
This is hilarious

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 02:34 PM
What a joke

Thomas
05-29-2021, 02:34 PM
We are going to be gassed later on. Far too much running around (Armas style) with little to no impact.

RealG-TFC
05-29-2021, 02:35 PM
It's almost looking like Chris Armas's press was the precisely the wrong thing to do with this squad.

Slick
05-29-2021, 02:36 PM
What the did Bono do
Didn't look like he even tried to save the shot

Didn't even challenge the attacker. How does he get the start over Q game after game..... I'm done with Armas.

Inklink
Saved by the flag. total cluster

rydermike
It's crazy how literally the only thing we need to do to fix our team is fire the coach and hire one who plays players in proper positions and a correct formation.

OgtheDim
Zardes managed to be offside 3 times on one play.

rydermike
05-29-2021, 02:38 PM
Anyone have FIFA 21 and want to do a quick check for me? Look at our players normal overalls and see how much they drop when they get put in the positions Armas plays them in.

Bushmancan
seriously, i think they are allowing this because there are no fans in the stands to embarrass them

MikeForbes
So embarrassing.

Inklink
lmao

I'd rather watch TFC II

jimiv
Armas is way over his head and Ali is using Jozy to change the narrative.

rydermike
TFC is so lucky the Champions League game is on now

ag futbol
If Chris Armas wanted to turn in his laptop and TFC-issued security pass at half time I wouldn’t argue.

How do you get beat on the counter like that so consistently?

Thomas
05-29-2021, 02:39 PM
For sure. Boring build up from the back with short crisp passes would suit them much better. If this score gets any worse by the half, I’m out of here. I’ve never done that before. That’s how shitty things are right now.

It's almost looking like Chris Armas's press was the precisely the wrong thing to do with this squad.

samuraizero
LOL

Zavaleta with zero awareness, zero urgency

rydermike
lmao

I'd rather watch TFC II
5:30 today on youtube

portu
05-29-2021, 02:40 PM
Lmao fire Armas this clown is a joke. Back to high school chop chop buddy. Ali back to Goldman Sachs.

Smokecell
Fuck Armas

Rust
This is gonna be terrible. :(

I'm glad there's a Champions League final to watch today instead.

Rust
05-29-2021, 02:41 PM
Armas should've never been hired. Terrible, terrible coach.

Bushmancan
Who can fire Manning?

Inklink
Was Akinola's offseason diet donuts with Jozy?

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 02:42 PM
RB & LB & RM & LM have no idea where they should be

Thomas
05-29-2021, 02:43 PM
JozyKinola sugar cream donuts.

Bushmancan
what drills does Armas have them doing … i have never heard of so many thigh injuries on a team. How about some f—kin’ transparency!!!!

red-o
TFC is so lucky the Champions League game is on now
Are the blue jerseys something to do with this?

gracos
05-29-2021, 02:44 PM
I think after today, we can fire the three stooges, this isnt good but i called it from the start, a lot of people were give him a chance i didnt like the signing on day 1

jloome
05-29-2021, 02:44 PM
LOL

Zavaleta with zero awareness, zero urgency

he made the wrong call. He should have at least tried to put a boot in to throw off the striker, even if he didn’t think he’d reach it.

well boys, we have a tactically incompetent coach. We’re playing the high press and don’t even leave a player back. We’re playing the high press against a speed team.

He’s an idiot, or he’s been told to stick to a specific plan by someone above him who is incompetent.

It’s absurd that the minute he saw Columbus spread the pitch, he didn’t push us back to the Half. They were clearly going to ru a quick counter and once they scored with it we still didn’t adjust.

They just announced he’s switched people to their natural positions.

Good grief. so they’ve clearly been telling him this was a mistake, he just refused to alter it until we bottomed out.

EDIT maybe Curtis has been telling him to keep Ritchie at FB because of trade interest; that could lead to a cascading series of attempts to make up for it and keep Auro on the pitch.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 02:45 PM
Hopefully the experiement in stupidity with Auro as a DM & Delgado as RM seems to be over.

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 02:46 PM
Missed the second goal am watching CCL but got notification for the first goal wanted to see how bad it is.

Did they score a 3rd that was called back by offside ?

noxx98
05-29-2021, 02:46 PM
We move Auro, Richie, and Marky into natural positions and they instantly combine for a nice little attack. Why didn't Armas do this in the first place?

portu
05-29-2021, 02:47 PM
It’s absurd that it took going two down for him to get it through his skull on the Delgado/Auro/Laryea

jloome
05-29-2021, 02:48 PM
We move Auro, Richie, and Marky into natural positions and they instantly combine for a nice little attack. Why didn't Armas do this in the first place?
They’re shopping Richie as a fullback and have the wrong priorities?

Inklink
I miss you Bezbatchenko :cryin:

FootBallAZ

He shouldn't be rewarded or applauded for this he should infact be fired.

rydermike
05-29-2021, 02:49 PM
It literally took 10 games and a 2 goal deficit in 15 minutes for Armas to realize playing players in incorrect positions is a bad idea. What a shocker. So glad he's our coach. No one else would've thought of that.

FootBallAZ
Who can fire Manning?

Anyone know ?

OgtheDim
FWIW

https://twitter.com/MLSVAR/status/1398725707363192839

Thomas
With our current payroll this performance is simply not acceptable. I have never called for a TFC coaches head before, but I am with Armas. In fact, the clean out should go higher.

portu
It literally took 10 games and a 2 goal deficit in 15 minutes for Armas to realize playing players in incorrect positions is a bad idea. What a shocker. So glad he's our coach. No one else would've thought of that.
The sad thing is that Red Bull fans would call this a major improvement on his style of coaching

jloome
05-29-2021, 02:50 PM
Shut the fuck up Zavaleta and play the ball and the whistle.

noxx98
05-29-2021, 02:51 PM
He shouldn't be rewarded or applauded for this he should infact be fired.
No argument from me

rydermike
05-29-2021, 02:52 PM
Anyone know ?
Larry tannenbaum

FootBallAZ
Sounds like it's getting ugly

ag futbol
I’d like to know what Chris Armas thought about our prospects of scoring a goal today with this lineup. And ... why it warranted sending so many players forward to be left wide open on the counter. Of course they are cheating to break out when our front six is roundly awful.

We can blame Zavaleta but the coach should be smart enough to know not to organize the team like this.

When you read the term sheet today the tactics should be obvious: keep the defensive shape, grind the game down to a halt, and pray you score on a set piece or unlikely counter.

GerMc
Reading this thread is way more entertaining than watching TFC play…

Thomas
05-29-2021, 02:54 PM
Shut up Caldwell. No excuses.

portu
05-29-2021, 02:55 PM
I said in the other three he deserves until July 7. We all know he’s bad now. When you see you’ve got an infection you go to the doctor right away, let’s not wait to see how it develops. Fire him.

Bushmancan
i am wondering if Akinola and Deleon have a bet on who can miss the net by a greater margin.

tfcfans
I saw the TFC lineup - I already knew - no Altidore (fight with coach), apparently Soteldo has a major injury, no Osorio, Pozuelo a waste on the bench at this point (let him rest for another 3 weeks), and Bono still playing every game despite the team only having 1 Win in 7 games to start the season and he’s given up his share of bad goals. Coach has already lost this team - solid all around.

Would have been nice to see a healthy team, but I guess this team is never going to be healthy. GO LEAFS GO

rydermike
What are the odds that Bradley was the one who said screw this, everyone play your real position instead of Armas

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 02:57 PM
Lol too funny

Bushmancan
What are the odds that Bradley was the one who said screw this, everyone play your real position instead of Armas

I have been waiting for the General to speak up…

FootBallAZ

I'd believe it.

OgtheDim
Its the hope that kills

Before 2014, games like this were going to be losses. We knew we were shit & didn't expect anything but that.

Wish I could go back to that mindset but we got too many decent players now....:(

portu
05-29-2021, 02:58 PM
I would say the odds are VERY high that Bradley is player-manager once Armas is fired

tfcfans
05-29-2021, 02:58 PM
Altidore is not even on the bench - if he’s not hurt and you’re doing this as the coach, and the coach isn’t getting fired, then just trade/dump him and eat the contract - the extension was a mistake, eat it and move on - this is a distraction and is wasting everyone’s time. He’s a legend, retire the jersey, build the statue, but now he’s simply a distraction, and a pain in the ass based on how much he plays the last few years, and how much salary he eats up, and most importantly the DP slot being wasted is killing us.

Bushmancan
05-29-2021, 02:59 PM
Its the hope that kills

Before 2014, games like this were going to be losses. We knew we were shit & didn't expect anything but that.
i
Wish I could go back to that mindset but we got too many decent players now....:(

i was honestly thinking the exact same thing!

portu
05-29-2021, 03:00 PM
How effective is your press when opposition teams blindly pass their way out of the six yard box on a consistent basis

Edit for Armas: It’s a rhetorical question bud. It’s not effective. It’s ass.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 03:00 PM
Altidore is not even on the bench - if he’s not hurt and you’re doing this as the coach, and the coach isn’t getting fired, then just trade/dump him and eat the contract - the extension was a mistake, eat it and move on - this is a distraction and is wasting everyone’s time. He’s a legend, retire the jersey, build the statue, but now he’s simply a distraction, and a pain in the ass based on how much he plays the last few years, and how much salary he eats up, and most importantly the DP slot being wasted is killing us.

Apparently Curtis talked to TSN about this prior to the game.

"They are going to take the next few weeks to work out what to do"

Inklink
05-29-2021, 03:01 PM
I think we're close to hearing about altercations in training, I'm afraid. Frustration is going to boil over.

jloome
05-29-2021, 03:01 PM
Mavinga yelling at Bono to talk to him.

portu
05-29-2021, 03:02 PM
RSL @ TFC 2014 vibes from this game. If you know, you know.

ag futbol
05-29-2021, 03:04 PM
How effective is your press when opposition teams blindly pass their way out of the six yard box on a consistent basis

Same thing happens every time. We blindly throw men forward to press, looking like a group to 8-year olds bunching around the ball. They quickly shuffle the ball and then blindly throw it forward into the pocket of space by Zavaleta / Gonzalez. Their player sprints as fast as he can to get onto it at which point it becomes a foot race and we leak goals.

Graeme
05-29-2021, 03:05 PM
Poz on at half! Give me a reason to watch! Sure could have used Jozy on the field today...

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 03:05 PM
RSL @ TFC 2014 vibes from this game. If you know, you know.

I thought that was DCU...

PaceyWinger
05-29-2021, 03:06 PM
I'm not even sure about the thing I want to complain about after a 45 like that. Its all bad. Nothing is good. The team has been absolutely nuetered by its own management.

Auzzy
I would say the odds are VERY high that Bradley is player-manager once Armas is fired

Except Bradley is kinda shite, doesn't even really organize the midfield, already had a bunch of really bad plays today (like bad passes when TFC had excellent opportunities in front of net), and has long had too much to say anyway, especially concerning his own playing time.

I mean, he's far from the worst player out there, but I just don't see him being able to turn around anything or have a serious positive influence. Maybe in the locker room, but not on the field.

mowe
Well it’s clear we hired the wrong coach. Which means the GM/President who hired him should be questioned as well. Luckily we gave them both long term extensions before the season started.

PaceyWinger
05-29-2021, 03:09 PM

So true. If you press you better win the ball otherwise all you're doing is exhausting yourself. We'd better be carefull too because that kind of pointless sprinting **could** lead to injury.

BritSOL
05-29-2021, 03:09 PM
Vanney likes a good rebuild project. Bring him back for 2022.

portu
05-29-2021, 03:11 PM
"We are in a results-oriented business," Bezbatchenko told a hastily called news conference Sunday at the team's north Toronto training facility. "And over the past 13 matches, we've won three games. More important for our fans in Toronto, we've won one game in the past six matches ... I know we can get more out of this group of guys." - August, 2014

portu
05-29-2021, 03:12 PM
Except Bradley is kinda shite, doesn't even really organize the midfield, already had a bunch of really bad plays today (like bad passes when TFC had excellent opportunities in front of net), and has long had too much to say anyway, especially concerning his own playing time.

I mean, he's far from the worst player out there, but I just don't see him being able to turn around anything or have a serious positive influence. Maybe in the locker room, but not on the field.
I mean I definitely trust this squad to run itself by committee more than I trust Ben Olsen as an interim manager

ensco
05-29-2021, 03:17 PM
Wow. I am up North and unable to watch but thought I'd check in here at halftime just to see how it’s going....

Bushmancan
05-29-2021, 03:18 PM
i haven’t been particularly hard on Bono but i just saw the behind the net picture on the first goal. That was really bad.. too easy for the attacker.

Oldtimer
05-29-2021, 03:18 PM
Vanney likes a good rebuild project. Bring him back for 2022.

But I thought TFC only won because of our players and Vanney had nothing to do with it.

At least that's what the #vanneyout fans were saying.

ag futbol
05-29-2021, 03:20 PM
i haven’t been particularly hard on Bono but i just saw the behind the net picture on the first goal. That was really bad.. too easy for the attacker.
Yeah, not the one you expect the keeper to get but his positioning (like everything else about that play for TFC) was amateur level.

portu
05-29-2021, 03:21 PM
Mavinga? Mavinga?! Honestly get fucked. If management does not fire him after this, they’re complicit and should see their own heads roll.

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 03:24 PM
Does anyone know why Mavinga was subbed off? Is he injured? He seemed pretty pissed off before halftime, so just wondering if there's more to it, like maybe he blew a fuse at halftime?

barticusz
05-29-2021, 03:26 PM
I am absolutely shocked that we didn’t bring Altidore for this game. 1 win in 6 and were purposefully trying to make a point rather than play for points.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 03:26 PM
Good to get Singh some minutes here.

That is such an MLS goal

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 03:27 PM
No Mavinga beside zaveleta? Lol.

Armas sounds like a teacher whose feeling is hurt and is isolating anyone who questions him championship winning players too

Graeme
05-29-2021, 03:28 PM
What position will Poz play?!

FootBallAZ
05-29-2021, 03:29 PM
I am absolutely shocked that we didn’t bring Altidore for this game. 1 win in 6 and were purposefully trying to make a point rather than play for points.

Starts with upper management, manning, Curtis and Armas

So alienate supporters to make a point because your feelings are hurt because you all are over your heads.

It's the same reason they gave themselves an extention before dealing with Altidore.

rydermike
05-29-2021, 03:31 PM
What position will Poz play?!

Wherever he wants

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 03:32 PM
Fingers crossed Pozuelo isn't coming back too early and won't re-injure anything. Over 35 minutes is a long time to play the first time back after so long.

BritSOL
05-29-2021, 03:32 PM
How pathetic are Crew fans still booing Bradley

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 03:33 PM
I had the sound turned off for a while, was anything said why Mavinga came off at half?

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 03:41 PM
Holy f that coulda/shoulda been another goal against.

Muting Caldwell, I've had enough.

TFC players standing on top of each other in the Columbus box, otherwise looking a bit better.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 03:42 PM
What a difference having a real DM behind Poz.

Yohan
05-29-2021, 03:45 PM
add in Poz and TFC looks like a team.

imagine that. the reigning MVP does make a difference

jloome
05-29-2021, 03:45 PM
What a difference having a real DM behind Poz.

it’s more than that. We’ve almost entirely dropped the press, seems to just be on loose balls now.

i wonder if this is Armas, Armas being overruled, or Armas no longer following the plan he’s been told to follow. We all remember how much Mo interfered in his managers’ choices. Might be Ali has the same profile.

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 03:50 PM
add in Poz and TFC looks like a team.

imagine that. the reigning MVP does make a difference

Well plus Delgado, Laryea and Auro all playing in better positions.

rydermike
05-29-2021, 03:51 PM
Well plus Delgado, Laryea and Auro all playing in better positions.This

portu
05-29-2021, 03:52 PM
Oh my god TFC looks passable with the MVP on the pitch. Shocking. Wish I could be as positive as some of you.

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 04:00 PM
Oh my god TFC looks passable with the MVP on the pitch. Shocking. Wish I could be as positive as some of you.

Exactly. It's great that Pozuelo helps, but it shouldn't be as dependent on a single player. Plus much of the problems today were due to crappy defence. No need for that.

Thomas
05-29-2021, 04:06 PM
No more high press.

SirBobSaget
05-29-2021, 04:07 PM
Nelson is killing us with giveaways and poor shooting decisions. Tries to do way too much.

OgtheDim
05-29-2021, 04:09 PM
Bradley can't do 90 anymore - taking off Delgado was the wrong chance.

Thomas
05-29-2021, 04:10 PM
Yeah…Bradley gassed

mowe
05-29-2021, 04:12 PM
Good chance for Bradley at the end there. Another loss.

Yohan
Jayden Nelson is so useless right now. He needs seasoning at USL

notthesun
I was excited for Nelson as a prospect but I don't know what we're doing still giving him minutes. He's so obviously not ready.

SirBobSaget
05-29-2021, 04:16 PM
Better 2nd half but the game plan should have keep the game tight until the 60th min when Pozuelo subs in then go for it. Not go all out from the gate.

Armas has destroyed a proven roster that finished 2nd overall in the previous season and has the highest wage total in MLS.

Auzzy
05-29-2021, 04:18 PM
Nelson is killing us with giveaways and poor shooting decisions. Tries to do way too much.

Jayden Nelson is so useless right now. He needs seasoning at USL

I was excited for Nelson as a prospect but I don't know what we're doing still giving him minutes. He's so obviously not ready.

I agree regarding Nelson. Meanwhile Okello and Priso don't see the pitch anymore, even though they looked more useful when they played. Plus Deleon asked to play a creative role. It's nuts. Deleon can be decent when there's a creative AM on the field, but don't ask him to play that role.

reggie
05-29-2021, 04:33 PM
this loss is all on armas,with his set up again,that 1st goal is school boy stuff,he should fired jus for that

rydermike
05-29-2021, 04:36 PM
3 weeks well needed

MikeForbes
05-29-2021, 04:40 PM
Looked better in the second half. The losses keep coming though.

gracos
05-29-2021, 04:43 PM
When is enough enough??

rydermike
05-29-2021, 04:52 PM
When is enough enough??

Two weeks

leedsandTFC
05-29-2021, 04:56 PM
if we manage to get our full team out there, we will start to win games, but it will probably be in spite of the coach.

armas' tactics do not play to our strengths at all, and actually expose some key weaknesses (highline with at least one slow CB out there).

it's also worrying that our injury problems do not seem to be improving.

Slick
05-29-2021, 06:19 PM
Bradley looked gassed in the last 10-15 mins. He gave the ball away too many times. Was hoping that he would be subbed off just to expedite Armas' firing. But I think he knows better.

Yohan
05-29-2021, 06:57 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IiF0blmfrhc

DavemTFC
05-29-2021, 07:48 PM
Just finished the game on tape delay.

Bono starting again. Auro Delgado and Laryea out of position again. Both starting CBs injured. Two quick goals after some shocking defending from Auro on the first and then getting exposed with Laryea out of position on the second

They got better when Armas finally put players in their natural positions and looked much better with Pozuelo finally playing but faded fast in the last 15.

This team, as gets clearer every week, has way too many injury problems to be dismissed as coincidental. I'd argue it's staggering incompetence at this point. I doubt we'll ever know why exactly (for "competitive reasons") but someone (and I don't think it's Curtis) has to look into what our medical staff and coaching staff are doing because at least one of them, and probably both, are doing something wrong.

Armas is what he is at this point. He's made the same mistakes everyone said he would and hasn't shown much evidence he can learn from them. I don't think he deserves the benefit of the doubt anymore.

I'm #ArmasOut until he's gone or I see significant improvement and I don't think the latter is happening

ag futbol
05-29-2021, 07:55 PM
https://twitter.com/MichaelSingh94/status/1398762832955535361
These guys are starting to remind me of Paul Mariner. The more you hear them talk, the more you realize they have no clue.

Everything is done with an aura of “oh I’m so smart I don’t need to explain that to you, lonely peon”. And yet, when you press, it’s pretty clear the emperor has no clothes.

Whatever the reason for the change after 20 minutes, it was too embarrassing to mention to a journalist.

Edit: finally pasted the tweet properly.

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 07:57 PM

Bradley has never said a word about his own playing time. He is the consumate team player and is having a resurgence this season that is more than welcome. You comments are beyond unfair. How about we focus on the problem. MANAGEMENT. Not our legends.

jloome
05-29-2021, 08:14 PM
Bradley has never said a word about his own playing time. He is the consumate team player and is having a resurgence this season that is more than welcome. You comments are beyond unfair. How about we focus on the problem. MANAGEMENT. Not our legends.

He's worked really hard this year and played well. He wasn't great tonight and he should probably have come off late instead of Delgado, but there's not much percentage in knocking Bradley. He's not the problem.

Those quotes above are truly telling. Armas is Mariner redux, a good player but zero sense of the limitations, the risk management, the tactical consistency from playing one spot.

Just not ready to be a head coach, not even close.

MightyDM
05-29-2021, 09:06 PM
I could only see a bit of the game, but the line up decisions and the inability / unwillingness to explain is shocking. The only conclusion I can draw is #Jozyisright

SirBobSaget
05-29-2021, 11:23 PM
These guys are starting to remind me of Paul Mariner. The more you hear them talk, the more you realize they have no clue.

Everything is done with an aura of “oh I’m so smart I don’t need to explain that to you, lonely peon”. And yet, when you press, it’s pretty clear the emperor has no clothes.

Whatever the reason for the change after 20 minutes, it was too embarrassing to mention to a journalist.

Don’t you get it? Pep started a game with no natural strikers therefore that is why auro continues to play as dm. Like seriously it makes sense.

Holly hell armas really is the new mariner. Dc fans panicked when he was linked to them. They have more sense then ali

DavemTFC
05-29-2021, 11:43 PM
Invoking Pep on the same day Pep galaxy-brained his team to a CL final loss is a special level of awful timing.

Agreed with the Mariner comparisons. I never thought anyone would reach the levels of MoJo/Mariner but here we are

Bushmancan
05-30-2021, 12:30 AM
Did he just compare himself to Pep? Like you wouldn’t question Pep, why are you questioning me? Read the quote again, he really is…

Richard
05-30-2021, 12:44 AM

Armas is a moron and clueless. Football isn't that complicated, if takes you 30 min to explain that decision you got no business being in the game.

Stop overthinking and trying to reinvent the wheel.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-30-2021, 03:30 AM
When is enough enough??

IMO just when Tannenbaum would kick Manning in the balls.

But for that TFC must have a horrible full season, missing the playoffs by a solid margin...
I mean not even a serious contender for the last playoffs place. So the chances for this to happen are kinda slim.

PizzaEatingYeti
05-30-2021, 03:48 AM
Those quotes above are truly telling. Armas is Mariner redux, a good player but zero sense of the limitations, the risk management, the tactical consistency from playing one spot.

Just not ready to be a head coach, not even close.

Those quotes are shockingly telling about how much Armas is over his head at this level.
Maybe he's not quite Mariner level bad, but honestly, I think his ceiling is to be a average head coach in the USL Championship or in the CPL, considering the actual level of those competitions. I accentuate "average", no way he would be even there one of the better coaches.

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2021, 06:34 AM
Those kits are terrible.

Congrats on the first trophy of the year, though.

I think we should celebrate the third in a row.

We won't be seeing another till Voyageurs Cup. And that's being hopeful.

Fort York Redcoat
05-30-2021, 06:41 AM

After a day of reflection I'm more critical of Armas being goaded into defending his plan that way.

His tactics failed on the day so he lets someone get under his skin so much that he talks down to them and uses hyperbolic comparisons.

Look at us. We're more critical of his use of ridiculous comparisons than him avoiding the question.

Glad for the International break. The team could use some time apart.