View Full Version : Other MLS Games This Weekend - May 1-2

OgtheDim
04-30-2021, 07:07 PM
If its in red, I suggest watching it for some reason or another - YMMV

All times are kickoff as on MLS

FRIDAY

No games so... :drinking:

Saturday

Chicago @ NYRB 1:08pm - We play NYRB next week so worth a look.

Kansas @ RSL 2:08pm - RSL ticked off Loons fans last week - not sure anybody does that to Peter Vermes

Columbus "@" Montreal 3:08pm - CBus off of CCL playing in mid-afternoon heat

LAFC @ Houston 3:50pm - Vela ain't playing

Atlanta @ NER 7:08pm - Bruce Arena's mind vs. Heinze's mind

Cinci @ Orlando 7:38pm - Cinci shipping lots of goals

NYC @ Philly 7:38pm - Philly off of CCL vs a team who can score but can't defend

Portland @ Dallas 8:08pm - Portland off of CCL vs. an enigma

Austin @ Minnesota 8:08pm - Austin is the latest "we have invented" team - Loons ticked off by RSL likely to take pains to win this one

DCU @ San Jose 11:08pm - If you can't sleep, this game might be worth a watch - SJE's man on man vs a team who can play the ball around

Sunday

Maimi @ Nashville 1:08pm - Miami missing the Higuain brothers - Nashville good at doing a draw

LAG @ Seattle 9:25pm - TFC West vs. Seattle - a good test for LAG

Colorado "@" Vancouver 10:08pm - this game is at RSL's ground - not quite a Rapids home game but more them then Vancouver

OgtheDim
05-01-2021, 12:30 PM
Watching NYRB

Chicago isn't really all that good

We are better offensively then NYRB - more clinical with the pass & the shot- and about as good in the press. They are like us in that once you break the press, they are vulnerable, especially against speed.

MikeForbes
05-01-2021, 12:57 PM
I will be sorely disappointed if TFC doesn't smack around this Red Bulls squad.

OgtheDim
05-01-2021, 01:07 PM
Yeh, based on that half, both those teams are not playoff calibre. That was one of the worst bits of MLS play I've seen in awhile.

jloome
05-01-2021, 04:07 PM
Montreal and Columbus cancelling each other out. Dullsville.

ag futbol
05-01-2021, 04:45 PM
Tyler Pasher scores for Houston. Hot start for the former TFCA man / USL standout

OgtheDim
05-01-2021, 05:31 PM
Montreal look organized. First time in a very long time. Admittedly, warm day & Columbus off a CCL game but something.

Everybody is treating Columbus like they are the latest iteration of TFC 2017. I don't see it. They are good, but their defence can be had. I don't see them as a dominating team like Philly & we were last season.

OgtheDim
05-01-2021, 05:42 PM
So you might have heard that at the end of last week's game, RSL's keeper kicked the ball into the Loon's supporters section, causing a confrontation between the Loons & RSL.

So this week, RSL did this

https://twitter.com/realsaltlake/status/1388605005989433345

Owning the chaos....

OgtheDim
05-01-2021, 06:36 PM
Atlanta gave up 3 open headers in 2 minutes - the last one finally scored

MikeForbes
05-01-2021, 06:36 PM
The Revs are just taking it to Atlanta United.

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2021, 08:48 AM
Watching NYRB

Chicago isn't really all that good

We are better offensively then NYRB - more clinical with the pass & the shot- and about as good in the press. They are like us in that once you break the press, they are vulnerable, especially against speed.

I will be sorely disappointed if TFC doesn't smack around this Red Bulls squad.

Yeh, based on that half, both those teams are not playoff calibre. That was one of the worst bits of MLS play I've seen in awhile.

Should win. Must keep mistakes to a minimum. Hopefully a lot of work on set plays this week.

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2021, 09:59 AM
Tyler Pasher scores for Houston. Hot start for the former TFCA man / USL standout

This looks to be his year. Put come hard time in with lower leagues. Hope for even more from him.

Fort York Redcoat
05-02-2021, 10:01 AM
Tesho scores for the Snowbirds again. Looking good.

ensco
05-03-2021, 10:38 AM
Seattle had a goal last night that was as pretty a team goal as I have ever seen in MLS

https://www.mlssoccer.com/video/goal-bradley-smith-seattle-sounders-23rd-minute#goal-bradley-smith-seattle-sounders-23rd-minute

Yohan
05-04-2021, 09:03 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H4Rc6vSolhY