PDA

View Full Version : Match Day CCL Rnd of 8 Leg 1 - Cruz Azul "@" TFC - Tue April 27 10:00pm - Forget Your

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
04-24-2021, 04:47 PM
Name, Forget Your Fear

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eeh1qwAM97Q

NOTE THE START TIME

Have at It People

ensco
04-24-2021, 04:53 PM
Thanks.

Big decisions for Armas here. Are Pozo and Mavinga ready? Does Oso get the start? What does he do with Okello and Priso? Altidore or Ayo or both?

Anybody got a good Cruz Azul scouting report? (Other than the obvious, which is that they are white hot in the league?)

Red CB Toronto
04-24-2021, 04:54 PM
With it being at Raymond James in Tampa does it mean they are selling tickets to it? I would not think they would make the move from Disney World if they were not.

Rust
04-24-2021, 05:01 PM
Will Pozo be back for this one? :(

Luanda
04-24-2021, 05:15 PM
Altidore

Schaff Pozuelo

Osorio Bradley Delgado

Auro Mavinga Gonzalez Laryea

Westberg

MikeForbes
04-24-2021, 05:25 PM
Really, really need Mavinga back.

Bushmancan
04-24-2021, 05:48 PM
Cruz Azul: The reason why Orbelín Pineda and Jesús Corona will not play against San Luis

The Cruz Azul Machine visits the Atlético San Luis squad in the match on matchday 16 of the Clausura 2021 of the MX League on the Alfonso Lastras court, where those led by Juan Reynoso will not be able to count on Jesus Crown Y Orbelín Pineda for this encounter.

According to information revealed by Carlos Córdova, both players will not play this match with Cruz Azul against Atlético San Luis, for various reasons, but above all to rotate the squad, rest the starting players and have them arrive well at the Concachampions match against him. Toronto FC.

As detailed in the information, in the case of Jesús Corona Juan Reynoso has decided to give him rest, while with Orbelín Pineda it is for a case of oral care, so he will not even go to the bench with La Maquina.

There are no injured in #CruzAzul . The Chuy thing is rotation and the Orbelin thing is due to an oral care situation .
Rotation for the duel vs Toronto . @TheChampions https://t.co/49swihzNFI. – (@cordova_sports) April 24, 2021 (https://t.co/49swihzNFI)

“There are no injuries in #CruzAzul. Chuy’s thing is rotation and Orbelin’s because of an oral care situation. Rotation for the duel vs Toronto. @TheChampions. ”, Cordova revealed.

Jesús Corona has played 14 games in the current Clausura 2021 of the MX League with Cruz Azul, where he has only received eight goals and has been able to leave a clean sheet in eight games. For his part, Orbelín Pineda has played 15 games where he has scored a goal and has given two assists.

Bushmancan
04-24-2021, 05:54 PM
Cruz is playing live right now on OneSoccer

OgtheDim
04-24-2021, 06:20 PM
Yeh, I think this is a bridge too far.

RealG-TFC
04-24-2021, 07:35 PM
Fingers crossed for a classic Cruzazuleada
https://www.archyde.com/cruzazuleada-is-already-considered-by-the-mexican-academy-of-language/

GerMc
04-25-2021, 08:14 PM
It will be interesting to see which team shows up for this game—the team that played so well against Leon or the team that stunk up the park against Montreal and Vancouver. Even though the lineups were much the same, the performances were light years apart. I am hoping for the former, not the latter, but I am not overly optimistic at this point.

Bushmancan
04-25-2021, 09:56 PM
It was good to see the injured starters get some playing time. Bad news, Cruz clinched Clausura tonight (Club America lost), which means their game next weekend against Tijuana doesn't mean anything. You never know though, need to pick up the intensity. I wish the General didn't play a full 90. At least it will be cooler at Game time, 10pm on Tuesday. (WTF - 10pm - lol)

Red CB Toronto
04-25-2021, 10:04 PM
It was good to see the injured starters get some playing time. Bad news, Cruz clinched Clausura tonight (Club America lost), which means their game next weekend against Tijuana doesn't mean anything. You never know though, need to pick up the intensity. I wish the General didn't play a full 90. At least it will be cooler at Game time, 10pm on Tuesday. (WTF - 10pm - lol)

There are two game slots that night, 8 pm and 10 pm eastern. They were never going to have Philadelphia at Atlanta playing at 10 pm as they have ticket to sell. Also Mexico City is an hour behind so its not bad for their tv.

Blindside16
04-26-2021, 03:05 AM
I am not very optimistic about this game, and tie for that matter. Even is Pozuelo and Mavinga are healthy enough to play there is no way they are up to game speed. All I am asking for is for them to fight for the full 90

ensco
04-26-2021, 07:48 AM
Been trying to read up on Cruz Azul. Not finding much in English, and Google translate is a fail for Spanish language soccer analysis. We are not going to get anything from the media (although hopefully Molinaro will come through with some insight...)

I don't think we can high press this team. They strike a lot the counter. Recent example:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=576iY5kftUc

You can't sit back either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOIaP067xT8

ensco
04-26-2021, 07:54 AM
We have to try to contain the striker, Jonathan Rodriguez. Number 21. Leads Liga MX in scoring.

He is no Joel Campbell. He is in his prime, 27 years old, features regularly for Uruguay and is one of the best strikers we will have ever seen. Maybe the single best, really. Guys like Pulido and Gignac weren’t quite at this level in 2018, and in MLS play? The only guys I would put at this level are Zlatan and Vela (neither of whom were in their prime).

Jonathan needs to make a statement to the Uruguayan FA about the fact that he comes up big in these types of competitions. Suarez and Cavani are getting old, Rodriguez has a chance to be a starter, or a major contributor, in Qatar. He is the only first team player who started in the league game Saturday (Cruz Azul mostly sat key guys, unlike us) which tells you something about his mentality...

A lot of his goals are highlight reel stuff, he is no poacher who just mostly cleans up scraps in the box. Here is is scoring in the 89th minute to given Cruz Azul their record 11th win in a row, earlier in April.

https://www.elobservador.com.uy/nota/con-un-golazo-en-la-hora-jonathan-rodriguez-consiguio-un-record-historico-para-cruz-azul-20214310306

Holding him to a single goal across the two game tie would be huge success.

Best I can tell, the other skill player to be most wary of is Roberto Alvarado, "El Piojoto". Seems to slide between wing (on the right) and CAM. Only 22 years old but already has 20 caps for Mexico. Apparently very slick. Widely believed to be on his way to Europe.

https://www.football24.news/breaking-news/188746/roberto-alvarado-was-about-to-play-in-england-blue-cross.html

We faced the other winger, Pineda, in the CCL final in 2018, and he scored the first goal in Guadalajara, but I actually don't remember him being too much of a factor in those games away from that. (It is Pizarro and Pulido that I remember causing problems. Pizarro had the pass to Pineda.)

The midfielder, Rafael Baca played for Frank Yallop in San Jose 2011-13. He was Sam Cronin's partner....

They used to have Canadian MNT MF Stephen Eustaquio, who got a lot of profile when he transferred into Cruz Azul in 2019, but Eustaquio got hurt and never really got in. He was loaned out last year and then finally transferred to a team in Portugal a couple of months ago.

Mike_S
04-26-2021, 08:35 AM
Watching the Cruz Azul-San Luis match, I noticed Azteca was empty. Yet when Leon hosted Toronto, they had over 9,000 in the seats. Different stadium, same city. I wonder what the difference is.

RealG-TFC
04-26-2021, 09:50 AM
Watching the Cruz Azul-San Luis match, I noticed Azteca was empty. Yet when Leon hosted Toronto, they had over 9,000 in the seats. Different stadium, same city. I wonder what the difference is.

Leon is a completely different city to Mexico City, in the state of Guanajuato.

Mike_S
04-26-2021, 09:59 AM
Leon is a completely different city to Mexico City, in the state of Guanajuato.

Ahh, ok. For some reason I thought it was a suburb of Mexico City. Thanks.

MightyDM
04-26-2021, 11:12 AM
Altidore

Schaff Pozuelo

Osorio Bradley Delgado

Auro Mavinga Gonzalez Laryea

Westberg

Pretty clear that’s our best line up. But it doesn’t scream out “high press” to me. Edit: I’d leave Bono in. He’s earned it.

MikeForbes
04-26-2021, 11:23 AM
Pozuelo is out tomorrow according to Twitter as he wasn't listed on the roster for tomorrow's game.

Mikmacdo
04-26-2021, 11:29 AM
Bono
Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
Delgado-osorio-bradley-shaff
-----mullinho-jozy-----

That's who I think starts tomorrow night. I'd prefer Ayo but I think mullinho will be needed to press for 60 mins. Hopefully this is the last game without pozuelo and yeffy.

Joe Kool
04-26-2021, 12:06 PM
For the Leon games Bradley was pressing higher up and being more offensive as per the new direction Armas had for him. Couldn't help but notice in the MLS games he was dropping back all the time and collecting the balls from the defensive line to try to start the attack a la Vanney formation last year. Was that just me that noticed that? I think he needs to be playing higher up like with Leon games and leave someone like Delgado with more speed to help CB's clean up against Cruz. Maybe it was a kneejerk reaction for him to put himself in that position for the MLS games since we didn't play that strong and maybe it wasn't Armas plan for him to be back there. Will be interesting to see what happens.

613reppingTFC
04-26-2021, 12:29 PM
I guess no Laryea due to yellow card accumulation. That's going to suck

Graeme
04-26-2021, 12:36 PM
I guess no Laryea due to yellow card accumulation. That's going to suck

Ugh. At least we can hope for Osorio, Mavinga, Altidore and Morrow (with Auro playing RB)? Not many good for 90 minutes there, though...

Red CB Toronto
04-26-2021, 12:46 PM
Here is the last of players out for tomorrow.

Richie Laryea (suspension)
Alejandro Pozuelo (right thigh)
Liam Fraser (left ankle)
Erickson Gallardo (right groin)
Achara (ACL/LCL)
Julian Dunn (hip)
Jordan Perruzza (undisclosed)

Also Delgado, Priso and Bradley have one yellow card each so they will have to be careful not to pick up another or they will be suspended for the second leg.

ensco
04-26-2021, 12:50 PM
We need Mavinga to be in top form on Rodriguez. Mavinga's defending was a huge part of the 2018 run.

Auzzy
04-26-2021, 12:59 PM
Bono
Auro-omar-mavinga-morrow
Delgado-osorio-bradley-shaff
-----mullinho-jozy-----

That's who I think starts tomorrow night. I'd prefer Ayo but I think mullinho will be needed to press for 60 mins. Hopefully this is the last game without pozuelo and yeffy.

Mullinho rarely presses, he jogs. Little time for pressing between the buckets of goals and assists he provides.

Bushmancan
04-26-2021, 01:17 PM
For the Leon games Bradley was pressing higher up and being more offensive as per the new direction Armas had for him. Couldn't help but notice in the MLS games he was dropping back all the time and collecting the balls from the defensive line to try to start the attack a la Vanney formation last year. Was that just me that noticed that? I think he needs to be playing higher up like with Leon games and leave someone like Delgado with more speed to help CB's clean up against Cruz. Maybe it was a kneejerk reaction for him to put himself in that position for the MLS games since we didn't play that strong and maybe it wasn't Armas plan for him to be back there. Will be interesting to see what happens.

Unless I missed that, I am pretty sure that was Priso's role in the Leon games. To be more of the holding midfielder, which let Bradley roam; we are going to need to watch the fast counter, they tried it regularly against CA, two weeks ago.

Joe Kool
04-26-2021, 02:04 PM
Unless I missed that, I am pretty sure that was Priso's role in the Leon games. To be more of the holding midfielder, which let Bradley roam; we are going to need to watch the fast counter, they tried it regularly against CA, two weeks ago.

You are right. Priso was picking up that role in those games but not sure of his status for tomorrow since he was out on the weekend.

OgtheDim
04-26-2021, 02:22 PM
I get the feeling Priso was held out for tomorrow's game.

This is interesting

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1386747841364824072

Smokecell
04-26-2021, 02:25 PM
^ TFC going full Concacaf x2 with last minute venue changes?

ag futbol
04-26-2021, 02:27 PM
You are right. Priso was picking up that role in those games but not sure of his status for tomorrow since he was out on the weekend.
That was my view of it too. Maybe it’s just me, but really only Osorio is ideal in that anchor type roll (maybe Delgado as a secondary option).

Bradley and Priso I would much rather see as box-to-box options.

SirBobSaget
04-26-2021, 07:36 PM
When can I expect the replay to be available on One Soccer? Kind of iffy on trying to catch this one live, don't want to wait until Thursday to be able to watch it either.

ensco
04-27-2021, 07:29 AM
We have to mess with them a bit. Mexican press all seem to think this is the greatest team in league history.

I think it'll be chippy, defensive, hold them, frustrate them, tonight, and then come out guns blazing, everyone forward, try to shock them in Mexico City.

Mike_S
04-27-2021, 08:01 AM
When can I expect the replay to be available on One Soccer? Kind of iffy on trying to catch this one live, don't want to wait until Thursday to be able to watch it either.

It generally takes them a few hours to upload it, but it should be there first thing tomorrow morning.

Greatest Ripoff
04-27-2021, 09:37 AM

I’d you have a vpn, concacaf stream it on YouTube. I believed it is archived once the live broadcast is complete.

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2021, 10:32 AM
I do not get this whole Raymond James thing. The only reason they would go there is if they wanted to sell tickets and to not know if its confirmed the day before is a little crazy to me. They are staying and training in Orlando, where they played at Disney World last round.

I get the feeling Priso was held out for tomorrow's game.

This is interesting

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1386747841364824072

Rust
04-27-2021, 10:59 AM
What a night for football: my team in Brazil plays at 8:30 PM in Libertadores and TFC right after against Cruz Azul.

:drum:

Smokecell
04-27-2021, 11:34 AM
I hope it's at RayJay or Exploria for the simple fact that the camera angle is horrid at Disney.

ensco
04-27-2021, 12:10 PM
I do not get this whole Raymond James thing. The only reason they would go there is if they wanted to sell tickets and to not know if its confirmed the day before is a little crazy to me. They are staying and training in Orlando, where they played at Disney World last round.

It can’t be about tickets, there is no time.

I suspect it's about having the right product for Mexican television, where this probably gets decent ratings.

jabbronies
04-27-2021, 12:26 PM

Optics? They wanna be seen as a big club. So playing in a big stadium vs something smaller gives that impression.

It's not just about TFC and their needs/accommodation. it's about how it looks on MLS as well.

Red CB Toronto
04-27-2021, 12:28 PM
I hope it's at RayJay or Exploria for the simple fact that the camera angle is horrid at Disney.

The broadcasts were better during the MLS is Back last year as ESPN produced the broadcast. The last minute move to Disney from Kissimmee definitely gave it a Roger 10 community tv feel. I do agree though that playing at Disney does have issues regardless from a TV standpoint. There are blindspots as the camera are very close to the pitch.

noxx98
04-27-2021, 01:42 PM
https://www.concacaf.com/champions-league/en/article/var-update-and-match-officials-for-sccl-quarterfinal-first-leg-matches/
VAR is going to be in place for tonight's game.

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 02:21 PM
LigaMx uses VAR too so both teams should be fine with this tonight.

Ultra & Proud
04-27-2021, 02:32 PM
Depends on who they have up in the VAR booth. Could be okay, could be disasterous.

noxx98
04-27-2021, 02:53 PM
We have Chapman. Apparently it will only be MLS referees as they’re more familiar with the system being used.

MightyDM
04-27-2021, 03:22 PM

VAR is a terrible thing.

Separately, am very worried for tonight, based on the last two games and Cruz Azul's current form

MightyDM
04-27-2021, 03:24 PM
https://www.concacaf.com/champions-league/en/article/var-update-and-match-officials-for-sccl-quarterfinal-first-leg-matches/
VAR is going to be in place for tonight's game.

That must mean lots of cameras and therefore better TV production.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 04:32 PM
Let's get it, don't stop!

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 07:22 PM
I’d you have a vpn, concacaf stream it on YouTube. I believed it is archived once the live broadcast is complete.

Thanks for the tip, now I'm also able to watch the Philly vs Atlanta game. I don't mind paying for One Soccer and TSN, but they gotta get with the times with pause and play and on demand like DAZN.

Smokecell
04-27-2021, 07:52 PM
So this game is being played at Raymond James...it was never in doubt. Apparently lines were painted 3 days ago. Weird comments from Armas about this...

noxx98
04-27-2021, 08:03 PM
https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1387204634780000258?s=21

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 08:11 PM
Mavinga not in the lineup.

Rodriguez in on the bench for Cruz Azul.

ensco
04-27-2021, 08:14 PM
Rodriguez in on the bench for Cruz Azul.

That is ... wow.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 08:24 PM
Delgado and Bradley are gonna start every game this year.

rydermike
04-27-2021, 08:27 PM
So none of our new additions are in the lineup. I was looking forward to a front three of

Bag of GAM - Ali Gator - Bag of GAM

portu
04-27-2021, 08:27 PM
Oso gets to play in his preferred CAM role. Time to shine.

I'm also very here for the Akinola v Jozy battle this season.

Armas also putting A LOT of faith in Bono. He's not been anywhere near lights out through 4 matches, so this has got to be some ploy to see if they can rescue his career as a starter in this league. Worth noting a return to form for Bono would provide us with excellent trade bait/potential cap room.

Slick
04-27-2021, 08:34 PM
So, I'm thinking of signing up with one soccer just for this match. I thought they offered a free 1 week trial. I'm on their site and there's no mention. Can someone please advise what the deal is?

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 08:40 PM
A reminder

Settings

Audio Track

Stadium Experience

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 08:41 PM
Oooo......KJ with the "Cruz Azul was very close to getting Jozy in the offseason" tidbit.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Oooo......KJ with the "Cruz Azul was very close to getting Jozy in the offseason" tidbit.

Must of been the reason behind that whole drama earlier in the year with him being held out of the USMNT game and what followed.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 08:44 PM
Should be on FS1

mowe
04-27-2021, 08:53 PM
Must of been the reason behind that whole drama earlier in the year with him being held out of the USMNT game and what followed.

Forgot about that! What an offseason it was...

Slick
04-27-2021, 08:56 PM
A reminder

Settings

Audio Track

Stadium Experience

First time in. Thanks for that tip.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 08:59 PM
Forgot about that! What an offseason it was...

A ton of drama with absolutely nothing coming from it.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 09:06 PM
Platt and Jack are great on the pre-game show. If OneSoccer could manage to get an even passable play by play and color guy a lot fewer people will complain about the 10 dollars a month or whatever it is.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 09:08 PM
My OneSoccer stream @ 10$ per month crashed once again, guess i'll watch the CONCACAF Youtube stream. Thanks OneSoccer

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 09:13 PM
Massive 50k capacity NFL stadium with like 150 people in it. So weird.

James17930
04-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Anyone wanna give an over-under on how long Altidore will last? I'm going to say 30 mins.

Slick
04-27-2021, 09:15 PM
Stadium experience not working for me. FFS

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 09:16 PM
First time in. Thanks for that tip.

NOT WORKING...dang

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:17 PM
Wow, Priso can close really quickly. Crazy acceleration.

RealG-TFC
Camera seems like its zoomed in

OgtheDim
Well that didn't take long

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:18 PM
Damn, son....

James17930
Give me a fucking break.

Slick
Thanks Jozy

noxx98
Bad giveaway by Jozy. That goal was a banger.

Yohan
golazo.

dumb Jozy giveaway though

tfcfans
That was quick.....send the B team to Azteca for “experience”.....

mowe
Terrible giveaway by Jozy, great goal tho

PizzaEatingYeti
04-27-2021, 09:19 PM
It looks will be a very long night for TFC.
That was ridiculously easy for Cruz Azul.

rydermike
04-27-2021, 09:19 PM
Jozy needs to go

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 09:20 PM
Mised the goal thanks to OneSoccer. Watching the free YouTube stream instead.

James17930
That's like 5 giveaways already.

FootBallAZ
Lolol

rydermike
04-27-2021, 09:21 PM
Mised the goal thanks to OneSoccer. Watching the free YouTube stream instead.
What's the YouTube link?

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 09:22 PM
What's the YouTube link?
From CONCACAF if you have VPN https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2O_gJbOshxU . I'm enjoying this one from my hot spring pool in Iceland

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 09:22 PM
Yeh, this is looking like a BAAAAD game for us against a team that is just better everywhere right now.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:24 PM
This will be a long 90 ms.

Will they even get 30% possession or play in the final third lol

Yuushalinsky
04-27-2021, 09:24 PM
the real win here is if we can get a fluke and then get some goals when we're full health against them away

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:25 PM
Lord, Wheeler's a drama king. Shock! Awe! Running Away!

It's 10 minutes in for fuck's sake. Untwist thy panties.

portu
04-27-2021, 09:25 PM
This looks like it's going to be a tough watch. This is bad like bad bad. Like make an early and serious sub bad.

Bushmancan
04-27-2021, 09:26 PM
Shaf needs to be patient, that RB played him…. Slowed down and when contact, went down. Time it next time and blow right by.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:28 PM
There is no one on the bench that is even inspiring.

Wish Singh didn't hurt poz lol

James17930
04-27-2021, 09:30 PM
We're starting to look a little bit better now. We looked scared for a few minutes after the goal, but now we're coming on a bit better.

portu
04-27-2021, 09:32 PM
Bradley looks much better when he's allowed to attack and press. I think Oso and Delgado as the double pivot with Bradley in the current Delgado role would be so good.

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 09:32 PM
This reminds me of one of those games where the run away best team in the league is playing a team struggling near the bottom.

The strugglers have a style of play they will not give up on so they are not going to play 10 men behind the ball & hope. But, they have pieces on the field that are just technically not as good as the run away winners. So there are a lot of fouls, missed passes, recovery tackles that go out of bounds off a defender. And then all it takes is one misstep that gets the good team off and running towards the goal where a moment of sheer quality just ....gets a goal. And that good team, they are not going to shut off doing the right things right just because they are playing a lesser quality team. So, goals are going to happen.

That's what this game is going to be.

Might end up 3-0 or 6-1 but the result looks baked in.

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:33 PM
Zavs has to be smarter than that.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 09:34 PM
We're starting to look a little bit better now. We looked scared for a few minutes after the goal, but now we're coming on a bit better.

Ya needed to grow into this game. Conceding this early is a disaster. Needed to hope for something like a 0-0 draw here then go into the away game wit Poz and Solteldo with guns blazing.

tfcfans
Huzzah !

portu
Oso in CCL is unbeatable.

James17930
This reminds me of one of those games where the run away best team in the league is playing a team struggling near the bottom.

The strugglers have a style of play they will not give up on so they are not going to play 10 men behind the ball & hope. But, they have pieces on the field that are just technically not as good as the run away winners. So there are a lot of fouls, missed passes, recovery tackles that go out of bounds off a defender. And then all it takes is one misstep that gets the good team off and running towards the goal where a moment of sheer quality just ....gets a goal. And that good team, they are not going to shut off doing the right things right just because they are playing a lesser quality team. So, goals are going to happen.

Like that.

jloome
YES! Ain't so cut and dried now!

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 09:35 PM
Let’s go!!

Slick
Oso!!!!!!

FootBallAZ
Let's get it

Bushmancan
This reminds me of one of those games where the run away best team in the league is playing a team struggling

I am more worried that the embellishments from Cruz will lead to yellows….btw.. Great Goal.

Shaf is going to beat that RB all night

rydermike
Oso!

Yuushalinsky
04-27-2021, 09:36 PM
Get it osorio

ensco
Morrow!

OgtheDim

See, I just type all that stuff so Oso can show that I know nothing about this game.

jloome
Fuck me. Unbelievable.

portu
Bono off now. That's unacceptable.

tfcfans
This is ridiculous - 2 away goals already -

ag futbol
For fuck sale Bono, could that have been any softer?

Inklink
04-27-2021, 09:37 PM
Utter garbage

tfcfans
Review ?!

Bushmancan
He is offside on the flick..

rydermike
Our set piece defence is terrible

portu
I don't care if this is a goal or not. Sub Bono. I want him to be good but all he is now is a fucking liability.

tfcfans
04-27-2021, 09:38 PM
Yay !!!

jloome
Saved by a shoulder.

James17930
VAR!!

Inklink
Unbelievably lucky.

OgtheDim
Got away with one there...really bad defending

portu
CONCACAF saves us from being CONCACAF'D.

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 09:39 PM
V-A-R! V-A-R!

(We’ll live to regret this I’m sure)

SirBobSaget
Why is Bono almost passed his post there? Saved by offside. Westberg needs to be brought back in.

tfcfans
Between VAR, GAM, and the Gator signing, it’s been a full day already....

portu
04-27-2021, 09:40 PM
I can't tell you if Zavs or Singh is better. I can tell you that this team needs genuine competition for Omar Gonzalez at CB though.

Inklink
04-27-2021, 09:40 PM
Gonzalez you RB bro?

tfcfans
04-27-2021, 09:42 PM
Penalty? Yeesh - very lucky

FootBallAZ
Been insanely lucky so far in all three games

The OG, the bounce off Morrow

This one I say evens out okello's offside goal

jloome
Oh Man....

OgtheDim
V-A-R! V-A-R!

You were saying....

ag futbol
Oooof, that’s a tough one.

James17930
V-A-R! V-A-R!

That didn't take long.

Inklink
Stuck his hand out kinda

Bushmancan
Can anyone remember if Bono has ever saved a penalty.

portu
04-27-2021, 09:43 PM
It's really frustrating to watch this team right now. The midfield looks good, even the forward situation looks good as long as Jozy or Ayo is fit. But the backline... Jesus Christ. A complete mess that could be solved by one successful centreback signing.

jloome
Phew. Suddenly, VAR is adding an odd amount of suspense to things.

SirBobSaget
Smashed at him from 3 feet come on

ag futbol
you were saying....
v-a-r! V-a-r!

James17930
Wow. Okay.

Got away with that.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:44 PM
Yea happy with solteldo but risky with zaveleta starting or Singh.

ensco
We need to tighten up. They will score 6 if we don’t calm down at the back

SirBobSaget
Can anyone remember if Bono has ever saved a penalty.

No I believe Westberg broke the multi-year streak couple years ago against Atlanta

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:45 PM
This game won't let me sleep well tonight got dang

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 09:45 PM
v-a-r! V-a-r!

I think that on might have been chalked down to "is it clear & obvious" & some thinking about the new rules that I'm not sure should have been applied as they are in MLS right now.

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:46 PM
It's really frustrating to watch this team right now. The midfield looks good, even the forward situation looks good as long as Jozy or Ayo is fit. But the backline... Jesus Christ. A complete mess that could be solved by one successful centreback signing.

I thought Omar was sorta cooked before we even got him. My opinion hasn't greatly changed. He's too slow, makes too many boneheaded decisions. When he was younger and quicker, and AJ Delagarza was directing traffic for him, he was a really solid MLS center back. He was never a DP level player, though. They needed American player success stories at that point and he got overhyped a little, as did Maurice Edu, Andrew Farrell, a few others.

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 09:47 PM
You know what? The thing about these Liga MX teams is, you give them a game when they’re not expecting it and it feels like they’ll be a risk to self destruct.

Inklink
04-27-2021, 09:48 PM
loll

Garbagletta covering no one

Yohan
04-27-2021, 09:49 PM
jesus christ. did TFC not practice defending set pieces?

mowe
Horrific defending. We badly need reinforcements.

FootBallAZ
Need help on defense ASAP

rydermike
Holy. How are we so bad at defending

portu
04-27-2021, 09:50 PM
Zavs completely lost his man in the box. Like blind, dumb, and stupid lost his man - the guy jumped to head a ball he was never going to get to. Morrow gets caught lazy and behind his man two feet from the goal line. The math says that's a goal against.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:50 PM
How Morrow didn't step up to put him offside

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 09:51 PM
I still think a lot of our set piece badness (and we are bad this year so far) is down to Bono's inability to actually communicate positioning to his defenders.

jloome

Lost sight of the ball, didn't want to leave the back post uncovered.

FootBallAZ
Can tfc add an impact CB?

I can't help to think Westerberg would have saved that

PizzaEatingYeti
No, this is just too much difference between the quality of the two starting lineups.
It's like one of the top 3 Premier League teams (Cruz Azul) playing one of the bottom 3 Championship teams (TFC), in a England Cup match, both being in middle season form.
Sorry I need to say this, but this was all what was expected, right?

spe18
04-27-2021, 09:52 PM
jesus christ. did TFC not practice defending set pieces?

This reminds of that return leg of the 2016 eastern conference finals, when LIMPact couldn't defend against the set piece!!!!!!!!!

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:52 PM
Management moved too slow.

Rust
04-27-2021, 09:53 PM
We really really need a CB. But a guy that comes to be a starter, not only an option from the bench.

Inklink
04-27-2021, 09:53 PM
He didn't hear the whistle in an empty stadium? lol

James17930
04-27-2021, 09:54 PM
Speed and power. We need speed and power. We have almost 0 of both.

Anyone know when Soltedo might be eligible to play?

portu
04-27-2021, 09:54 PM
Until this defence is corrected all our achievements will be in spite of it. Laryea, Mavinga? Amazing. Auro? Super serviceable. Morrow? Sure. The rest are either children or dog water.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:55 PM
Deadweight that needs to go:

Morrow
Zavleta

But no mavinga, poz, solteldo

Next week better be spectacular lol

tfcfans
04-27-2021, 09:55 PM
At some point reality is setting in here - they are so very sloppy defensively - until we can play with all of our DPs at the same time, as well as Mavinga in the back, we are just not the team we are meant to be.....if we lose this leg at “home”, I don’t think I’d rush those three back, in what is likely a lost cause in Azteca on May 4th. I’d rather keep the key guys healthy for the MLS game on May 8th and focus our efforts there - winning by multiple goals in Mexico is highly unlikely.

jloome
04-27-2021, 09:56 PM
The rest are either children or dog water.

Dude, if I stick this into Google Translate and select Portugese to English to Portugese, will it come back as "the rest are horseshit"?

Bushmancan
Guys… just keep it close, next week Soltedo, Poz and Mavinga. Keep working hard…. Edit and Lareya

SirBobSaget

Morrow behind his man while keeping him onside. This is frustrating. Wish we can hit this competition with a settled in form squad for once.

portu
Lol you got to love Jozy asking for the ball and arching his run when he's already 5 metres offside.

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 09:57 PM
Come on, get it in the box. This is not the side to get cute with a short corner

Yohan
04-27-2021, 09:57 PM
I hate short corners. so useless. just put the ball in the box

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 09:58 PM
Morrow behind his man while keeping him onside. This is frustrating. Wish we can hit this competition with a settled in form squad for once.

Very low lQ as are most of his crosses that end up on the defenders feet so often

Inklink
04-27-2021, 09:58 PM
Lol you got to love Jozy asking for the ball and arching his run when he's already 5 metres offside.

That was so ridiculous. Jozy in his own world.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:00 PM
What is wrong with jozy

jloome
04-27-2021, 10:00 PM
Yeah... twenty-two year old Jozy scores on a quick turn from 18 yards out, not 32 years old Jozy.

I should note, the dude is a legend. He does seem lately like all the injuries have added up.

Not sure he's even our best first option now, if Ayo is healthy.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 10:01 PM
Has Jozy completed a pass yet? Friggin hell that's our damn DP out there everyone. Just give him his phone so he can sit down at the half line and tweet.

Slick
04-27-2021, 10:02 PM
Yeah, Jozy is so not game ready.

jloome
I think we're doing okay, given the opposition. It's a chippy game, but that's the best we could hope for, maybe.

FootBallAZ
Bradley should have shot that lol.
He can't hit the net to save his life

Yuushalinsky
04-27-2021, 10:03 PM
I have to say that this game is on our awful CBs and our DP striker being absolutely shite - I don't see the arguments that this game would suddenly be different with Q in.

portu
04-27-2021, 10:03 PM
What is wrong with jozy
Better question is: At what point do consistently poor performances simply become normal/expected performances?

Jozy has looked poor for a while; at what point should we lower our expectations?

Yohan
04-27-2021, 10:04 PM
I think we're doing okay, given the opposition. It's a chippy game, but that's the best we could hope for, maybe.
I'm confident that TFC will get the chances to score goals.

I'm not confident that TFC's defence is going to hold up, especially on set pieces.

One more Cruz Azul goal and the tie might as well be over

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 10:04 PM
You know, it’s funny cause in my estimation at least Jozy looks like he’s in the play. I’ve seen more than a few games where it looked like an empty space up top.

Not exactly reaching DP levels though, I’d agree

Bushmancan
04-27-2021, 10:05 PM
To be honest that was very ugly, but finding a way to win ugly is better than losing with style…LOL. How many games did we play in the last three years, when we totally outplayed teams and lost. Keep it close and you never know.

rydermike
04-27-2021, 10:05 PM
THrow on Akinola and Okello. Take out Priso and Altidore. drop Delgado back and Okello plays behind Ayo

jloome
04-27-2021, 10:06 PM
THrow on Akinola and Okello. Take out Priso and Altidore. drop Delgado back and Okello plays behind Ayo

?? Take out Priso? He's been one of our only decent players.

Yohan
04-27-2021, 10:07 PM
You know, it’s funny cause in my estimation at least Jozy looks like he’s in the play. I’ve seen more than a few games where it looked like an empty space up top.

Not exactly reaching DP levels though, I’d agree
Jozy is not match fit, and not yet in sync with rest of the team

the thing is, Cruz Azul respects Jozy, so they are playing Jozy pretty closely and not allowing him any room to do anything

Auzzy
Holy fuck so many thoughts. One thing is obvious, TFC is making bad passes even out of easy passes. Everybody is out of sorts. After a while that got a little bit better.

Oddly enough, Cruz Azul's defence doesn't look so great. TFC's goal didn't actually surprise me. TFC had some more decent chances.

TFC really screwing up on defence. Guys just sleeping, and not just the defenders. Before the goal that was called back for offside, nobody even tried to rush the guy who put in the 2nd ball. Yeah Bono screwed up, but Bradley was in a deep sleep on the back post.

Then later why was Osorio waving his arms around like that, holy fuck, I don't know why that wasn't a PK despite VAR. And on their 2nd goal, TFC all out of sorts in front of net on the corner.

I mean Cruz Azul is good, but TFC is making it WAY too easy for them. They need to settle the hell down. Let's see if Armas can talk some sense into them at half.

Jozy is a big problem, but hardly anyone playing for TFC tonight (so far) can put a decent shot on net if their life depended on it.

I can't believe Cruz were complaining about the foul & yellow card for the hit on Shaffelburg, I mean you can't get any more obvious than that.

MikeForbes
I hope to be proven wrong in the second half, but Jozy has done nothing when healthy in the past year+ to be worth a DP spot. His production has almost completely dried up.

PizzaEatingYeti
04-27-2021, 10:08 PM
Guys… just keep it close, next week Soltedo, Poz and Mavinga. Keep working hard…. Edit and Lareya

IMO if we lose this even by a single goal, management must be f...cked in the brain if they start in Mexico with more than 3-4 marginally 1st team starters, because we'll have anyways zero chance to qualify further. Better keep healty and rested all important players for MLS.

portu
04-27-2021, 10:08 PM
Jozy is not match fit, and not yet in sync with rest of the team

the thing is, Cruz Azul respects Jozy, so they are playing Jozy pretty closely and not allowing him any room to do anything
You could argue Jozy has almost never been match fit by that standard and therefore should avoid all scrutiny all the time.

rydermike
04-27-2021, 10:12 PM
?? Take out Priso? He's been one of our only decent players.

He's been fine, but I know Oso, Delgado, and Bradley won't come off. I want to see Okello on for a shift in tactics and see if his height is disruptive and no one else to really take off. I think Shaff needs to stay for his speed with the RB on a yellow

PizzaEatingYeti
04-27-2021, 10:13 PM
Yeah, Jozy is so not game ready.

Absolutely nothing new with Jozy.
He needs 3-4 games to get in full shape, then after 4 games will pickup injury, miss 3-5 games, then start this cycle all over again.
Sooner we get rid forever of Jozxy better for the team.

ensco
04-27-2021, 10:13 PM
Jozy will find the gear at halftime. Watch.

DavemTFC
04-27-2021, 10:14 PM
We look we haven't put any time into practicing set pieces and we're paying for it.

Akinola on at HT please

Bushmancan
04-27-2021, 10:15 PM
Too late for that… that was my argument before the year started… write off the CCL because there weren’t any reinforcements. But what did they do, they go out and beat Leon.

We get one point out of Six in league play. If we lose by two or more i completely agree, need to remember as well, their number 1 striker isn’t even playing.

But if we keep the score within one or even a tie, not an easy decision to make with the teams left in the competition. Philly looked good tonight.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 10:16 PM
You could argue Jozy has almost never been match fit by that standard and therefore should avoid all scrutiny all the time.

Ya by that standard Jozy isn't accountable since he signed his extension.

James17930
04-27-2021, 10:16 PM
I'm not on the Altidore bandwagon right now, but to be fair to him this game, he's had terrible service too.

He needs to do more, but it can't be all by himself.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:18 PM
You could also say management took

2 plus years to get seba replacement
3 years on going and no beita replacement

Booo

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:18 PM
Bring on chubby Ayo.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 10:19 PM
I'm not on the Altidore bandwagon right now, but to be fair to him this game, he's had terrible service too.

He needs to do more, but it can't be all by himself.

If he was invisible that would be fine. But he sent a pass directly into a streaking Cruz player for the first goal.

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 10:21 PM
You could also say management took

2 plus years to get seba replacement
3 years on going and no beita replacement

Booo

Poz replaced Giovinco, he was the MLS MVP last year so pretty good job there. Beitashour really? He was let go from LA, hes a bog standard MLSer and has been replaced.

MikeForbes
Q needs to play soon. Bono is the exact same goalie he was 2 years ago.

Yohan
I hate zonal marking. Only because TFC on defence don't know how to organize, and don't attack the space where the ball is going

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:22 PM
Pressed all the way back and Bono terrible distribution turnover lol

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:23 PM
Why are they not man marking

James17930
04-27-2021, 10:25 PM
I think every single pass that Bradley has made tonight has gone to the other team.

Auzzy
04-27-2021, 10:27 PM
Poz replaced Giovinco, he was the MLS MVP last year so pretty good job there. Beitashour really? He was let go from LA, hes a bog standard MLSer and has been replaced.

Poz replaced Vazquez, not Seba. Soteldo replaces Seba.

jloome
04-27-2021, 10:27 PM
I'm not sure what the point is playing in their end then having only one guy go to the box against four defenders.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:28 PM
Bradley needs to come off. As soon as Delgado came inside he generated more than Bradley has in terms of forward passes so far. This might be a game for Endoh.

portu
04-27-2021, 10:28 PM
Switch Delgado and Bradley around.

jloome
04-27-2021, 10:29 PM
Our coach talks more than our players do.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:30 PM
Mullinho sighting!

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:31 PM
Get Bradley off. Jesus.

James17930
What a shock.

jloome
Man, Bradley beaten like a red-headed stepchild.

portu
Bradley half-assed.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:32 PM
Grow some hair.

FootBallAZ
Poz replaced Vazquez, not Seba. Soteldo replaces Seba.

This , and regarding Beita no repaclement I understand he doesn't play but how do you not add depth behind mavinga especially when he doesn't play CB is so slow

rydermike
Holy man. Practice set pieces

OgtheDim
Bono at the near post again

tfcfans
Done and done. Rest anyone important until May 8th and hope we can see our actual full roster that day and we can start the season from that day forward.

Auzzy
I guess Bradley really can't jump?

Yohan
04-27-2021, 10:33 PM
getting beaten like that on set piece? lack of desire. simple as that

FootBallAZ
Bradley half-assed.

He got beat on the one earlier tn and on the game winner last week I believe.

ensco
This is a really good team. I don’t feel anger.

It could get ugly.

PizzaEatingYeti
This is over, and maybe it's better this way.
As I said earlier, if we do not begin in Mexico with a TFC 2 or even 3 team, the whole management is insane.

jloome
Christ. they're bringing Rodriguez in.

Bushmancan
This is the sub that could put us down.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:34 PM
By my count should be 5-1

FS sports commentator ripped into TFC saying if you were going to lose to Mexican team don't lose on set pieces lol

SirBobSaget
04-27-2021, 10:34 PM
Again I miss a goal because OneSoccer stalls. Absolute garbage. Losing is already upsetting no need for the viewing service that I paid 12$ for to pause before 2 goals, the I come back to other team celebrating.

tfcfans
04-27-2021, 10:35 PM
This is over, and maybe it's better this way.
As I said earlier, if we do not begin in Mexico with a TFC 2 or even 3 team, the whole management is insane.

100% agree - this is done, risking injury to anyone important in Mexico, when we are already too fragile to begin with, would be insanity.....

JoesphNdo
04-27-2021, 10:35 PM
I think every single pass that Bradley has made tonight has gone to the other team.

Never popular but I've always thought Bradley was a terrible passer of the ball. He's great if he has the discipline to make short passes in his own half but when he tries to get creative it's just a possession black hole. I'm not excited about the idea of him getting further forward this season

Beyond that this is just us against a much much better team missing crucial players, it's a blood bath but it should be. The set piece defending is terrifying but it could just be a new coach needing time with his defenders

jloome
04-27-2021, 10:37 PM
Again I miss a goal because OneSoccer stalls. Absolute garbage. Losing is already upsetting no need for the viewing service that I paid 12$ for to pause before 2 goals, the I come back to other team celebrating.

If no one else is having issues with it, it might be your setup or location.

OgtheDim
04-27-2021, 10:38 PM
Uh. Bradley made the key pass for our one goal against Leon.

We got serious issues with the set piece defending that need to be addressed.

The rest of this game is just proof that we are not near good enough to beat the best LigaMX team.

Auzzy
04-27-2021, 10:38 PM
Confirmed, Bradley can't jump. Just watches the ball float over him in the middle of the field.

Shaffelburg decent tonight considering the opposition.

ag futbol
04-27-2021, 10:40 PM
If no one else is having issues with it, it might be your setup or location.I run mine on Roku and started subscribing with all those Canada games a month go.

It works flawlessly 95% of the time but for some reason it will freeze and then I have to restart the link, at which point it works flawlessly. Better than the early days of DAZN, although that’s a low bar.

Yohan
lol. Cruz Azul bringing on their starters for a training scrimmage basically

FootBallAZ
Well I'm sure it'll take 3 years to move Altidore

jloome
I run mine on Roku and started subscribing with all those Canada games a month go.

It works flawlessly 95% of the time but for some reason it will freeze and then I have to restart the link, at which point it works flawlessly. Better than the early days of DAZN, although that’s a low bar.

Probably a cache size issue, as the PC browser version runs flawlessly.

MikeForbes
04-27-2021, 10:41 PM
Did Endoh drop his H?

Auzzy
04-27-2021, 10:41 PM

If no one else is having issues with it, it might be your setup or location.

OneSoccer perfect for me.

FootBallAZ
04-27-2021, 10:42 PM
Lol these guys are going to embarrass tfc for the last 20m