PDA

View Full Version : Match Day CCL Rnd of 16 Leg 2 - Leon "@" TFC - Wed April 14 6pm - I Must Confess

Pages : [1] 2

OgtheDim
04-09-2021, 06:16 AM
I still Believe

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gwz7N4zI810

NOTE THE TIME - 6PM

Have at It People

Auzzy
04-09-2021, 08:13 AM
Apparently this will be played at Osceola Heritage Park / Kissimmee (Orlando)? Wow why the heck at 6pm instead of 8pm for example? At 8 it can easily be 5 degrees (Celsius) cooler at this time of year.

Auzzy
04-09-2021, 08:23 AM
I'm not actually sure where the game will be played in Florida. Google says it will be at Osceola, but I'm realizing that place is just a field w/o any stadium, so I'm not sure if that's right. Perhaps they won't have any fans for this game. Might make sense, because it could be 90% Leon fans otherwise.

ensco
04-09-2021, 09:14 AM
Apparently this will be played at Osceola Heritage Park / Kissimmee (Orlando)? Wow why the heck at 6pm instead of 8pm for example? At 8 it can easily be 5 degrees (Celsius) cooler at this time of year.

Suspect it’s a setup without proper lighting.

Yohan
04-09-2021, 09:24 AM
Probably due to TV slots. 3 games per matchday, 6, 8, 10pm

OgtheDim
04-09-2021, 09:28 AM
From what I heard, TFC specifically picked a place where there would be no fans allowed but TV (of sorts) was still an option. They had the option of Orlando's place but didn't want to have it be full of Club Leon fans.

reggie
04-09-2021, 10:06 AM
according to manning they are playing at a refurbished baseball park where orlando b play

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2021, 10:57 AM

Its the Houston Astros old spring training stadium that was converted into a soccer facility. Orlando City B's played their USL games there. Not sure what the pitch is like, if its on the smallish size.

Parkdale
04-09-2021, 01:57 PM
and it's probably got a platform crane for the TV camera (or cameras if we're lucky).

Red CB Toronto
04-09-2021, 03:18 PM
Wonder if because this game is being played at Osceola Heritage Park because it's taking place 3 days before OSC's home opener, thus the pitch was part of the consideration. In all honesty having fans or not, really would have not mattered in choosing to play at Exploria Stadium or not. Even though they were allowed to have up to 10K in the stands for all their games in Hartford they choose to only open up one to 5K. They simply did not want a Third Rail invasion etc. Exploria would have been much more ideal from a TV production standpoint as its already setup for it. The stadium at Osceola likely has never seen anything more than a stream with a few camera from OC B's USL day. Lighting could also be an issue, will be interesting. I wonder who is actually responsible for the TV production since it is a TFC home game?

OgtheDim
04-11-2021, 09:37 PM
Is the fact Singh was hired on a 4 day 'emergency' contract an indication Mavinga is going to play, or is that just the length of those things?

Red CB Toronto
04-11-2021, 11:01 PM
Is the fact Singh was hired on a 4 day 'emergency' contract an indication Mavinga is going to play, or is that just the length of those things?

I remember Raheem Edwards signed one of these 4 day deals in 20016 and played in two games, The V Cup Final in Vancouver (Remember Will Johnson's last minute goal) and at home vs. Seattle. I believe the standard to play in a league match is different than in a cup one. Over the years many TFC II players have been added for V Cup and CCL matches including Malik Johnson, Brian James, Mitch Taintor to name a few. When it comes to hardship who will ever forget the match against Chivas in 2008 and having to bring in a mish mash of players from various outposts including our retired head scout LOL
USL Player Short-Term Agreements in cases of Extreme Hardship
A club may sign players from its USL affiliate (on loan) to Short-Term Agreements (up to four-day contracts) for MLS League Season games only in cases of Extreme Hardship.

A club may sign a player to a maximum of four Short-Term Agreements each season (maximum of 16 days). During such time, the player may play in any CONCACAF Champions League (https://www.mlssoccer.com/meta/competition/ccl), Canadian Championship (https://www.mlssoccer.com/meta/competition/canadian-champ), Lamar Hunt U.S. Open Cup (https://www.mlssoccer.com/meta/competition/us-open-cup), Leagues Cup, Campeones Cup, and exhibition matches.

OgtheDim
04-12-2021, 06:27 AM
Thanks for that...given it could have been up to 16 days, it looks like it was 4 days on purpose & Singh will not be on the squad for Wednesday's game.

rydermike
04-12-2021, 06:39 AM
Thanks for that...given it could have been up to 16 days, it looks like it was 4 days on purpose & Singh will not be on the squad for Wednesday's game.
Not quite. The contract length is a standard 4 days, no more than that no less than that (not up to a max of 16 days). You can sign it 4 times for a total of 16 days in a season. They'll simply sign him to another one on Tuesday.

The four day prevents wasted days. Keeps him eligible for round 2 by renewing it, instead of wasting all of it on off days, when he's training with us regardless.

MikeForbes
04-12-2021, 10:12 AM
We really need Mavinga back for this game. We won't be taking Leon by surprise this time.

noxx98
04-12-2021, 10:47 AM
Assuming Jozy is out, I hope Perruzza gets the start up front. We'll need to nab a goal and I have much more faith in him getting it than Mullinho. Let Perruzza get the start, hopefully pick up a goal and sub in Mullinho for the final 30 to let him run and CONCACAF it.

Would also be great to have Poz back even if it's just for 30 minutes at the end.

Bushmancan
04-12-2021, 12:08 PM
Assuming Jozy is out, I hope Perruzza gets the start up front. We'll need to nab a goal and I have much more faith in him getting it than Mullinho. Let Perruzza get the start, hopefully pick up a goal and sub in Mullinho for the final 30 to let him run and CONCACAF it.

Would also be great to have Poz back even if it's just for 30 minutes at the end.

I agree 100% on playing Peruzza and the rest of the young guns, now. In 2018 when we went for it, we were chasing something no one else had ever done and we had a full roster, we trained in advance at high altitude etc...)

This is an important point in our year and why it ticks me off about the new management. I am really angry that the boys played so determined and so well. There was never a doubt in my mind that they are very good. And, i know they can be great but we have no proven depth at striker/attackers (after Mullinho, of course) and why i wanted re-inforcements in the window. We were playing last week like it was the final and it was only the first game back. It was stupid to push Jozy (it was predictable, don't need the haters here) and even the General (although he is a machine) to that intensity, with our injuries and knowing we were lacking immediate re-inforcements.

We need to decide what we want to win this year, if it is the Shield then get out of the CCL as fast as possible... the next round is on April 27th with two games in between and it will be the Winner of Cruz or Olimpia. With the schedule, the team will likely see more injuries if we play to win every game (we want the 6 points from the Whitecaps and Impact).

If it is the Cup, then play as well as we can (do a Seattle), get more players in the summer or let the kids develop and peak in the the fall for playoffs.

If it is CCL, try and see if Peruzza is real, no sense sitting him on the bench. We aren't beating Leon without someone who can pose a threat in the final third (even with Poz back).

Don't get me wrong i loved the way we played and the pride and heart the guys displayed... but chasing this too hard is very risky and a potential repeat of 2018.

noxx98
04-12-2021, 03:58 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/CNlBANjJYZq/?igshid=1xrcfd9hovjye

New pictures from TFC has Oso, Akinola and Westberg in training. I think Gallardo might be behind Okello in the third photo based on the arm tattoo. Nothing of Poz. Mavinga was in a picture on Twitter over the weekend but he was just sitting on the bench.

Would be good to have as many of these guys available.

EDIT: After looking closer at the third photo, the hair doesn't seem to match Gallardo. So not sure who that is anymore.

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2021, 04:26 PM

New pictures from TFC has Oso, Akinola and Westberg in training. I think Gallardo might be behind Okello in the third photo based on the arm tattoo. Nothing of Poz. Mavinga was in a picture on Twitter over the weekend but he was just sitting on the bench.

Who is that marking Griffin Dorsey in the one picture?

noxx98
04-12-2021, 04:30 PM
Who is that marking Griffin Dorsey in the one picture?
Luca Petrasso. I'm assuming he'll be back with TFC2 but currently training with the main team.

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2021, 04:57 PM
Luca Petrasso. I'm assuming he'll be back with TFC2 but currently training with the main team.

Thanks, in the photo of Ralph Priso there is also someone else I do not recognize on the left side of the photo?

noxx98
04-12-2021, 05:03 PM
Thanks, in the photo of Ralph Priso there is also someone else I do not recognize on the left side of the photo?
I think that's Akinola, OG, and Silva from left to right. In the photo with Auro and Endoh I haven't been able to figure out the person in the background between the two of them

Red CB Toronto
04-12-2021, 05:19 PM
I think that's Akinola, OG, and Silva from left to right. In the photo with Auro and Endoh I haven't been able to figure out the person in the background between the two of them

For some added sleuthing who is that beside Matt Dirosa in the most recent insta pic of his, coming out of the tunnel? Think it may be the same person who is in the pic you mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/mattdirosa/?hl=en

MikeForbes
04-12-2021, 05:29 PM
I assume it is Borré.

reggie
04-12-2021, 06:23 PM
For some added sleuthing who is that beside Matt Dirosa in the most recent insta pic of his, coming out of the tunnel? Think it may be the same person who is in the pic you mentioned.

https://www.instagram.com/mattdirosa/?hl=en
i dont know why i know this...but its another one of the draft picks.Maples,i need a life:facepalm:

noxx98
04-12-2021, 06:25 PM
i dont know why i know this...but its another one of the draft picks.Maples,i need a life:facepalm:
Nailed it. Thanks! https://www.instagram.com/p/CMdXzVhBJK9/

JustSaying
04-12-2021, 10:32 PM
I assume it is Borré.

Okay, this was funny.

I'm JustSaying.

Blindside16
04-13-2021, 12:59 AM

EDIT: After looking closer at the third photo, the hair doesn't seem to match Gallardo. So not sure who that is anymore.

The guy in the third photo is Oso

TFC1154ever
04-13-2021, 09:23 AM

How embarrassing is it that we have do this stuff to find out injuried players. Like no timelines have been spoken about once on any of these players, excluding Akinola.

OgtheDim
04-13-2021, 09:43 AM
#wheresPoz?

MikeForbes
04-13-2021, 09:44 AM
Even more embarrassing is that a Leon reporter seems to have got the injury information before any of our media guys.

Jozy - out
Poz and Gallardo - questionable
Osorio - good to go

https://twitter.com/ChequeGasca17/status/1381745581194760199?s=20

Auzzy
04-13-2021, 10:07 AM
I dunno, I'm not upset that they're being nebulous about player status and injuries/illnesses right now. The less Leon know the better.

ensco
04-13-2021, 10:11 AM
I dunno, I'm not upset that they're being nebulous about player status and injuries/illnesses right now. The less Leon know the better.

I would understand that, but I think TFC are taking secrecy to absurd/childish lengths, if Leon fans are learning basic things about TFC before TFC fans.

Auzzy
04-13-2021, 10:15 AM
I would understand that, but I think TFC are taking secrecy to absurd/childish lengths, if Leon fans are learning basic things about TFC before TFC fans.

Somebody mentioned that TFC PR haven't tweeted in a couple of months. Maybe it's not even a strategy as I suggested, and the ship is just drifting aimlessly. I wonder where the Leon reporter got that info?

MikeForbes
04-13-2021, 10:27 AM
Luckily Jozy's injury isn't too bad. Day to day. Might be best to just hold him out until next weekend, in my opinion.

https://twitter.com/Beezersun/status/1381988367550844929?s=20

Areathrasher
04-13-2021, 10:28 AM
Somebody mentioned that TFC PR haven't tweeted in a couple of months. Maybe it's not even a strategy as I suggested, and the ship is just drifting aimlessly. I wonder where the Leon reporter got that info?
Travelled with Leon and is stalking TFC training and or hotel?

Luanda
04-13-2021, 11:15 AM
That is fine, keep them guessing.
We might see a totally different configuration.

OgtheDim
04-13-2021, 11:38 AM
I have absolutely no expectations of success in this game. If we get through, wow. We have a shot here. But its a slim one & I am not going to feel down if we don't go through.

OgtheDim
04-13-2021, 11:44 AM
Soooo...no Poz. Wonder if we will here what is ailing him?

https://twitter.com/KristianJack/status/1382009329084162052

MikeForbes
04-13-2021, 12:32 PM
Gonna say we start with the same formation we did last time.

Bono
Laryea-Omar-Zavs-Auro
Bradley - Osorio
Delgado - Okello - Shaff
Peruzza

Mullinho comes on and wins the game for us in the 80th minute. Twitter only talks about the young players because they don't recognize greatness.

MikeForbes
04-13-2021, 12:34 PM
Not related to this game, but some more bad news. Pozuelo is out for Saturday.

https://twitter.com/24thminute/status/1382022248660361216?s=20

jloome
04-13-2021, 12:54 PM
It's games like this where I wish we had a three-at-the-back option so that we could mostly bomb Laryea forward. We need his offense more than his defense in this one.

I'm of the opinion that Mullins and Peruzza can handle the lone striker spot and actually bury a chance if they get it. I don't think either of them is a speedy line breaker, but that's not really the way we're playing.

Ultra & Proud
04-13-2021, 01:17 PM
I know Akinola is on the mystery injury list for an indeterminate amount of time but what's up with Westberg?

Mikmacdo
04-13-2021, 02:09 PM
I know Akinola is on the mystery injury list for an indeterminate amount of time but what's up with Westberg?
Wheeler said he missed last game for personal reasons.

Bono
Laryea-omar-mavinga-auro
Bradley-priso
Delgado-okello-shaff
Ayo

Is my predicted 11.

reggie
04-13-2021, 03:39 PM
mullinho and zava start for sure,park the bus

Red CB Toronto
04-13-2021, 03:43 PM
Looks like this match has been moved, TFC is now showing it as being played at Disney World, assume this is correct?

GuelphStorm2007
04-13-2021, 07:39 PM
I have low expectations in this tie with Leon so I will not be overly upset if they do not progress. Im happy to see Armas going with the younger guys giving them some much needed experience which will help down the road

jloome
04-13-2021, 11:44 PM
That is fine, keep them guessing.
We might see a totally different configuration.

I wouldn't be surprised. I imagine Leon will adapt to the high press/middle block and try to beat us over the top.

Okello's so big and strong, we should use him like a target man, have him hold it up and dish it around the box. Turn the wings inside out...

Lots of fun.

I'll take us just getting through but you have to imagine Leon's embarrassed after last year, likely to chuck everything and the kitchen sink at our goal

Yohan
04-14-2021, 12:15 AM
I wouldn't be surprised. I imagine Leon will adapt to the high press/middle block and try to beat us over the top.

Okello's so big and strong, we should use him like a target man, have him hold it up and dish it around the box. Turn the wings inside out...

Lots of fun.

I'll take us just getting through but you have to imagine Leon's embarrassed after last year, likely to chuck everything and the kitchen sink at our goal

TFC needs to score at least 2 goals. I can't see Leon not scoring at least 1.

Ball over the top plays well for Zavaleta and Gonzo though. Plays more into their strengths, while they are more vulnerable to runners in channels.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 07:33 AM
More excited as opposed to last week after the effort the guys put in. Is that gonna set me up for disappoint? Probably.

Joe Kool
04-14-2021, 08:33 AM
More excited as opposed to last week after the effort the guys put in. Is that gonna set me up for disappoint? Probably.

For me I just want to see a good effort and I won't be disappointed. The fact is 2021 is an extension of a crappy 2020 in terms of COVID and where our guys have to train and play. It can't be easy. I am just happy to see them play and as long as they are not dogging it I am good with it and I don't see this group under Armas ever taking the foot off the gas. Personally I won't have any real heavy expectations on the team until they are back home in a normal situation playing home games at BMO and sleeping in their own beds. Then they have no excuses to produce at a higher level IMO.

noxx98
04-14-2021, 08:39 AM
My priorities for tonight's game:

1. No injuries
2. Michael Bradley continues to look energized
3. TFC scores a goal
4. We keep Leon to two or fewer goals
5. Three young players in the starting lineup

reggie
04-14-2021, 08:53 AM
i know we have injuries,but boy have we ever lowered our standards with this club.welcome to the Toronto redbulls era.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 08:53 AM
For me I just want to see a good effort and I won't be disappointed. The fact is 2021 is an extension of a crappy 2020 in terms of COVID and where our guys have to train and play. It can't be easy. I am just happy to see them play and as long as they are not dogging it I am good with it and I don't see this group under Armas ever taking the foot off the gas. Personally I won't have any real heavy expectations on the team until they are back home in a normal situation playing home games at BMO and sleeping in their own beds. Then they have no excuses to produce at a higher level IMO.

I always get disappointed when they lose. I know they are going into this with no DPs, no home field advantage, playing a Liga MX team with a bunch of young guys because of injuries, but I hold this franchise to higher expectations than a lot of people do. That is why I get annoyed by the 'play the young guys because they are young like Dallas does' crowd.

Ultra & Proud
04-14-2021, 09:00 AM
i know we have injuries,but boy have we ever lowered our standards with this club.welcome to the Toronto redbulls era.

I remember us getting our asses handed to us by Independiente a couple years back in the first round of this competition and we came out okay during that season. This is a similar test but against a much, much higher level of opposition and without a home match. I expect us to challenge for a win tonight but there's a difference between lowering standards and being delusional about expectations when hit with this many injuries. Take a look at Liverpool to see what even a couple important injuries can do to a squad.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 09:35 AM
So the reason this game got moved is very CONCACAF on our part

https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/1382338420530421760

Bushmancan
04-14-2021, 09:59 AM
My priorities for tonight's game:

1. No injuries
2. Michael Bradley continues to look energized
3. TFC scores a goal
4. We keep Leon to two or fewer goals
5. Three young players in the starting lineup

I will buy into that one... but doesn’t excuse management for not going out and getting the reinforcements.

Oldtimer
04-14-2021, 10:26 AM
So the reason this game got moved is very CONCACAF on our part

https://twitter.com/NeilMDavidson/status/1382338420530421760

:lol: You nailed it.

noxx98
04-14-2021, 11:34 AM
I will buy into that one... but doesn’t excuse management for not going out and getting the reinforcements.
Agreed. If we had Borre or someone like him and another defender, goal number one would be to come away with a win.

Mikmacdo
04-14-2021, 12:06 PM
Agreed. If we had Borre or someone like him and another defender, goal number one would be to come away with a win.

Yeah with pozuelo, borre, Ayo and a healthy mavinga they would be in trouble especially if the game was in Toronto.

Smokecell
04-14-2021, 12:24 PM
Very interesting to me that Concacaf cares about things outside of the pitch and not say, cow pasture pitches in Honduras.

ensco
04-14-2021, 12:53 PM
‘This is a final’

Per Armas. From Molinaro website.

portu
04-14-2021, 01:01 PM
‘This is a final’

Per Armas. From Molinaro website.
As we trot out a line up full of kids in (literally) Mickey Mouse Land.

portu
04-14-2021, 01:02 PM
Very interesting to me that Concacaf cares about things outside of the pitch and not say, cow pasture pitches in Honduras.
Someone running into a wall and cracking their head open is a bigger liability than a twisted ankle on a divot.

ensco
04-14-2021, 01:03 PM
As we trot out a line up full of kids in (literally) Mickey Mouse Land.

Ah you are being a grouch. We shouldn’t be able to beat them even at full strength, so... Enjoy!

jabbronies
04-14-2021, 01:28 PM
As much as I want to do well in CONCACAF - I don't want it at the expense of the season. Not this year at least. If this were 2018 - I say go for it all - but this isn't the same situation.

ensco
04-14-2021, 01:49 PM
This argument comes up every time.

I always feel like it is a false choice. MLS is always about heating up in the second half. In 2019 we were something like 6-8-4 halfway through the season (and that was after winning our first three games). We were ready to kill every one in sight on here - players, mgmt, ourselves.

There is lots of time to sort it out if we are tired and have injuries from CCL.

Also there is literally nothing for us like real games in Mexico. Nothing.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 01:59 PM
Just a reminder - if we somehow managed to get into the semis, and I doubt we will because after Leon is Cruz Azul, but if we did

those games would be in August and we MIGHT be in the stands by then.

Final is a one off in October

ensco
04-14-2021, 02:08 PM
Just a reminder - if we somehow managed to get into the semis, and I doubt we will because after Leon is Cruz Azul, but if we did

those games would be in August and we MIGHT be in the stands by then.

Final is a one off in October

Ahh. Well I still feel the same way. We can handle three extra games in crunch time.

Smokecell
04-14-2021, 02:13 PM
This argument comes up every time.

I always feel like it is a false choice. MLS is always about heating up in the second half. In 2019 we were something like 6-8-4 halfway through the season (and that was after winning our first three games). We were ready to kill every one in sight on here - players, mgmt, ourselves.

There is lots of time to sort it out if we are tired and have injuries from CCL.

Also there is literally nothing for us like real games in Mexico. Nothing.

It's not even an argument - you always hear players say they want to compete at the highest levels. As fans, we should want to see our team perform and compete at the highest levels. It's only the PRSOC (Purple Ribbon Society of Canada) that want to see us throw the top competition in our region.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 02:40 PM
Ahh. Well I still feel the same way. We can handle three extra games in crunch time.

I took Og as meaning that we should want this so we can (maybe) be at a CL game in person

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 03:03 PM
I took Og as meaning that we should want this so we can (maybe) be at a CL game in person

What he said.....that and the idea that we lose momentum with CCL is lost if its only 4 games between now & 6th May.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 03:03 PM
the top competition in our region.
This is an oft used refrain but let me ask you this: does the format of the CCL really make what is sounds like on paper a reality?

To me it’s a limited number of truly competitive fixtures, stretched over an outrageous amount of time, with games smack in the middle of off seasons and other nonsense.

I like the concept but this is a mostly inept attempt at crowing a champion of the region. All for a trip to a competition where the true elite teams in the world show up and basically scratch their ass in disinterest.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 03:04 PM
#wheresPoz?

On two post cards I received within two weeks along with achara lol.

Why wouldn't they put a healthy player on these cards lol. Paper and lumber have increased during the pandemic too lol.

Hopefully it'll be a good game, would have been nice to have poz.

I do agree Mexican games are probably the pinnacle of quality soccer opponents.

Let's get it, don't stop.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 03:47 PM
Hope Osorio is fit enough to start. Hard to find many midfields in soccer that have logged as many minutes together as Bradley, Oso and Delgado have.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2021, 04:07 PM
With fans allowed back in the stands in Florida have the Reds sold any tickets tonight, think they would want to bring in couple bucks here to offset things. I see Orlando has 50% capacity this weekend, wonder a week later if it will be the same for TFC?

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 04:12 PM
Zavaleta out injured. Singh starts. Yikes. The good news? The man starting up top.

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1382439572685131777?s=20

portu
04-14-2021, 04:16 PM
Really surprised they’re keeping Bradley in the midfield for this match. Going to be a 90 min bunker I’m guessing.

Kiwi10
04-14-2021, 04:17 PM
Zavaleta out injured. Singh starts. Yikes. The good news? The man starting up top.

https://twitter.com/plattoli/status/1382439572685131777?s=20

No Osorio, Jozy, Gallardo in sight either from the "day to day" list.

This team is in shambles to start the year.

MikeForbes
Morrow and everyone's favorite anti-vaxxer back on the bench.

Red CB Toronto
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ey9klncWQAktuwy?format=jpg&name=large

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 04:18 PM
So out injured in the last week

Zavs
Gallardo
Jozy

added to

Mavinga
Osorio
Pozuelo

Yeh, I'm calling this a 3-1 loss.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 04:19 PM
I think TFC social media has caught on to the cult hero that is Mullinho. About time.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 04:20 PM
Singh is either gonna become a hero tonight or make us all appreciate Eriq Zavaleta.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2021, 04:22 PM
Hopefully some these guys are healthy enough to return Saturday, tonight will be interesting, just have to believe !

So out injured in the last week

Zavs
Gallardo
Jozy

added to

Mavinga
Osorio
Pozuelo

Yeh, I'm calling this a 3-1 loss.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 04:25 PM
I believe in the boys we got out there. Let's get this.

Yohan
04-14-2021, 04:28 PM
https://twitter.com/TorontoFC/status/1382440021496516609

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/Ey9klncWQAktuwy?format=jpg&name=large

Aieeeeeee...

portu
04-14-2021, 04:31 PM
We still have the advantage going in but scoring again.. let’s all hope Mullinho isn’t just a meme

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 04:32 PM
Seems like Saturdays game is more important

Was hoping for some support given the fact they good steal this.
Young guys will have energy , hopefully will maintain the press.

Let's see if okello can impact the game in his 45m.

Unsure where the goals will come from. Draw and advance.

mowe
04-14-2021, 04:49 PM
Oof. Hard to see us getting a result with that lineup. Would love to be wrong.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 04:50 PM
Really surprised they’re keeping Bradley in the midfield for this match. Going to be a 90 min bunker I’m guessing.

A bunker from the front maybe

James17930
04-14-2021, 04:51 PM
Stranger things have happened, but yeah ... this is going to be tough.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 04:53 PM
Yea I been a long time to make some noise in the CCL.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 04:56 PM
Wheeler is such a hipster dweeb.

portu
04-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Wheeler is such a hipster dweeb.
No one on this earth makes me cringe more

portu
04-14-2021, 05:04 PM
Marshall-Rutty comes on in the 84th minute and dribbles the whole Leon team before sending us through to the next round. Book it.

boysblue
04-14-2021, 05:06 PM
Does anybody have a link to tonight's game? Thx.

Bushmancan
04-14-2021, 05:08 PM
KJ Quote - "Not quite a Rocky Balboa Moment" If this isn't, I wonder what would be. LOL

:scarf:
COYRs

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:12 PM
Settings

Audio

Aud2

Gives you stadium noise only - except for half time & full time

noxx98
04-14-2021, 05:13 PM
This camera angle is awful.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 05:14 PM
Wow, even with this roster Nelson is not on the bench. Are they acknowledging he needs polish? Is he just unavailable?

Edit: nothing says “big game” more than this telecast quality.

James17930
I can understand not releasing the details of all the injuries, but by not even giving us some estimates about when these players might return, I feel they're really disrespecting us.

portu
Hahaha last time I saw this angle for a match Júlio Cesar was in goal

mauser09
04-14-2021, 05:15 PM
Does anybody have a link to tonight's game? Thx.

This site has it, works for me but a minute or two behind. FS1

https://www.usagoals.net/portal.html (https://www.usagoals.net/portal.html)

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:15 PM
This camera angle is awful.

No kidding. I feel bad for anyone paying for this.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 05:16 PM
Lol this angle is terrible

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:17 PM
Oh gawd the camera work

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2021, 05:18 PM
Its a very low angle, not what ESPN had for the MLS is Back Tounrey. Plus the field is apparently narrow. Man 10 players out tonight due to injury.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 05:20 PM
Nice support there from Auro. Critical he got to that.

notthesun
04-14-2021, 05:21 PM
The piped in audio on FS1 is worse than the camera angle, it's obnoxious. I don't mind a little but this is just silly

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 05:25 PM
How does Delgado not strike that

Almost reminded me of the finals couple years ago

portu
04-14-2021, 05:28 PM
Are we sure Okello isn’t 6’9? Guy looks like a skyscraper on this pitch haha

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:29 PM
With Okello out there we should be good on corners.

portu
04-14-2021, 05:30 PM
God I love Okello. And I don’t want to jinx anything but I love how we play under Armas.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 05:31 PM
And that is why we need to sign a striker. Ball on a platter across the six and nobody in position

OgtheDim
Good first 15 but we are going to die physically at this pace.

FootBallAZ
Okello omg

boysblue
04-14-2021, 05:32 PM
This site has it, works for me but a minute or two behind. FS1

Thanks very much Mauser09.

notthesun
Man, Pozuelo would be absolutely feasting on these Leon turnovers right now...

FootBallAZ
Need a finisher

RealG-TFC
They gotta start taking shots, this team isn't going to allow the time to adjust and side foot it in. Just shoot.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Smh mullins

portu
04-14-2021, 05:33 PM
Amazing we’ve been able to pull this level of play off. Maybe the kids are alright but this style of play has a lot to do with it.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Keep hearing Armas shout "Omar Up"

RealG-TFC
04-14-2021, 05:35 PM
Bradley's had a heavy touch today

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:36 PM
Leon seems to be figuring out how to play through our press. And we already seem to be tiring a bit.

portu
04-14-2021, 05:36 PM
Okello is just in the right places, covers ground so well, technically proficient. He’s going to make some guys expendable in this midfield.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:39 PM
Priso is...ball watching

Edit: and lacking in urgency

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 05:39 PM
These guys are adjusting to playing at the speed Armas wants. Lots of pointing right now

portu
04-14-2021, 05:40 PM
Looks like the heat might be catching up to the midfield

noxx98
04-14-2021, 05:43 PM
That is an awful call by the referees. Horrible.

portu
Onside onside onside

what a complete fucking joke

ag futbol
Horseshit, he was on by like 5 yards

OgtheDim
That....wasn't offside

rydermike
Why is there no var

Bushmancan
That is insane.... such a bad call. It is not even debatable, the only excuse is the linesman wasn’t looking. Shambolic.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Bono needs to come out and get those kind of crosses. It’s been a weakness of his for a while.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 05:44 PM
Someone got their brown bag of cash in the parking lot...

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:45 PM
Con-ca-caaf

FootBallAZ
That's a goal wtf

James17930
CONCACAFed already.

mowe
If we lose because of that call...

rydermike
How can concacaf be respected if we don't even have var in the Champions league

portu
04-14-2021, 05:46 PM
Fuck these refs, fuck CONCACAF

MightyDM
That....wasn't offside

This is CONCACAAF

jloome
That is insane.... such a bad call.

That one too.

They're getting hosed right now, but I'm loving the pressure. Mullinho doing the CCL shuffle with their goalie.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:47 PM
How can concacaf be respected if we don't even have var in the Champions league

I’d respect CONCACAAF more if it didn’t have VAR TBH. VAR is destroying the game.

portu
04-14-2021, 05:47 PM
We are ten times the better team right now

portu
04-14-2021, 05:48 PM
Fuck these refs. I hope they hear about it at half time and 90 regardless of whether we win or not.

Graeme
I love watching with no commentators. Bradley is playing great. Okello too.

James17930
I think we need to sub Shaff at the half. He looks dead already.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 05:49 PM
Lol wow
I like fs1 commentators

Lol shaffelburg

MightyDM
Hahhahaha. OMG these referees. The Goal, then Bradley, then OKello. Hahahaha. So CONCACAAF

OgtheDim
Ok, this could all go sour real quickly in this game but.....this team is fun to watch playing this way

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:50 PM
Agree that OKello is looking good but Priso is not.

FootBallAZ
That linesman is terrible

ag futbol
Shafflelburg looks like he’s starting for scratch when it comes to attacking the net.

God, breathing on these guys is now a foul. I know ryan shawcross will probably be useless this year but what I wouldn’t give to see one of these flakes get pasted.

Maybe the field with a brick wall was a good idea...

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:51 PM
Agree that OKello is looking good but Priso is not.

Edit: brilliant defensive work just now by Priso

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:52 PM
We've stopped pressing already. Looking tired already. Halftime can't come soon enough.

alex andrew
04-14-2021, 05:53 PM
under normal circumstances, the referee will make up for the big mistake

either offering us a present, or denying leon something...

kettle of bradley , nice

portu
04-14-2021, 05:53 PM
Love how into it our bench is. It’s like we’ve got travelling support.

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:54 PM
Singh has been good so far too. Doesn't look out of place at all.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 05:54 PM
Singh has been good so far too. Doesn't look out of place at all.

Yes. True.

portu
04-14-2021, 05:55 PM
I’m barely looking at any of these guys and thinking “below expectations”. Maybe Mullins but he’s got a big task in front of him.

Excellent play so far. Omar looks like a new player.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:56 PM
Got to make it to the half

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 05:57 PM
I think Marky just got a yellow for swearing at himself

jloome
04-14-2021, 05:58 PM
That poor Leon player is having a stroke...

James17930
04-14-2021, 05:59 PM
Got to make it to the half

If we don't concede before then it'll be a big victory. And then we need to figure out if we're supposed to keep pressing or sit back and try to counter (I hope we don't do that).

Bushmancan
04-14-2021, 06:00 PM
Leon has won 5 games in a row and defending Apertura champs. We are actually up 1-0. I love this squad. I cant see Mullinho playing all 90. How many subs in this tournament... My call Peruzza for the win.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 06:01 PM
Lol, Richie is again my CONCACAF dark arts hero

rydermike
If we lose, we better lose 2-0 not 1-0,because that was a legit goal for us

DavemTFC
Great half overall (Okello Auro Singh and Bradley especially) and absolutely robbed by the concacaf call.

Priso has been awful though. I wasn't as low on him as others after the first leg but he's a giveaway machine tonight. Bring someone not named Dorsey on at HT please

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 06:02 PM
Leon has won 5 games in a row and defending Apertura champs. We are actually up 1-0. I love this squad. I cant see Mullinho playing all 90. How many subs in this tournament... My call Peruzza for the win.

5 subs

Bushmancan
04-14-2021, 06:03 PM
TX....

rydermike
04-14-2021, 06:04 PM
I’d respect CONCACAAF more if it didn’t have VAR TBH. VAR is destroying the game.
I think var is good for "clear and obvious" like it's supposed to be. The "you were 1mm offside" is what's terrible

mowe
04-14-2021, 06:04 PM
Gonzalez has been excellent.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 06:05 PM
Great half overall (Okello Auro Singh and Bradley especially) and absolutely robbed by the concacaf call.

Priso has been awful though. I wasn't as low on him as others after the first leg but he's a giveaway machine tonight. Bring someone not named Dorsey on at HT please
Yeah I don’t think this is the spot for him. They’re asking him to basically play as an outright DM. He should be in one of the Delgado / Bradley roles (probably as a sub). His whole value last year was covering ground and breaking up plays...

He just looks overwhelmed in this position.

Red CB Toronto
04-14-2021, 06:07 PM
It is time for Griffin Dorsey to step and show us what he has got? Throw him out the Chris and lets see him in action. They must see something in him to keep him around this long.

Areathrasher
04-14-2021, 06:08 PM
I'm fucking seething

benito
04-14-2021, 06:09 PM
Pretty good half considering the lineup. This high press has created a few errors and tfc should be up by 1. Hopefully, some fresh legs will keep this pace up for the rest of the game.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:09 PM
Move Marky back into his rightful midfield spot and get DeLeon or JMR in for Priso.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:11 PM
Also, someone will be buying Okello in the summer. How can a team not see this monster and not throw money at TFC for him?

James17930
04-14-2021, 06:15 PM
Also, someone will be buying Okello in the summer. How can a team not see this monster and not throw money at TFC for him?

Though we might want to keep him around playing regularly for at least a year and try to drive up his price, because I'm sure other clubs would try to lowball us currently.

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 06:18 PM
Priso reminds me of Osorio in his first few seasons - makes some decent reads but no sense of urgency.

Yohan
04-14-2021, 06:21 PM
Yeah I don’t think this is the spot for him. They’re asking him to basically play as an outright DM. He should be in one of the Delgado / Bradley roles (probably as a sub). His whole value last year was covering ground and breaking up plays...

He just looks overwhelmed in this position.
Priso is what basketball calls 'energy guy'. Positioning and reading of the game needs work if he's going to be a DM. He's like a shittier Samuel Piette right now

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:22 PM
Priso reminds me of Osorio in his first few seasons - makes some decent reads but no sense of urgency.

Yeah, if he thinks he is ready for Europe after this season he might want to re-evaluate that.

portu
04-14-2021, 06:22 PM
Not sure if I see the Samuel Piette comparison for Priso. He’s far more mobile.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 06:23 PM
Priso is what basketball calls 'energy guy'. Positioning and reading of the game needs work if he's going to be a DM. He's like a shittier Samuel Piette right now
Agreed. He’s basically being asked to be the cork right now that has to be in the right position. Tough ask for an inexperienced player.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 06:23 PM
Lol, Richie is again my CONCACAF dark arts hero

So close

Yuushalinsky
04-14-2021, 06:24 PM
Armas must have these guys drinking some Secret Stuff, my lord.

Bushmancan
04-14-2021, 06:25 PM
Mullinho!!!!

OgtheDim
Mulinhoooooooo

Yohan
Mullinho!!!!!

alex andrew
bravo

MikeForbes
Who's a meme now?! NOT MULLINHO!

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 06:26 PM
Balon d’or for Mullins

rydermike
Yes yes yes yes

benito
Wooooooooooo!

tfcfans
Well deserved -- my god the effort they are putting out there is tremendous - please let them be rewarded for it....

Yohan
Not sure if I see the Samuel Piette comparison for Priso. He’s far more mobile.
Well, Priso is kinda of a same destroyer DM that Piette is

mowe
04-14-2021, 06:27 PM
Thoroughly deserved!

FootBallAZ
Ooooooo

Wowowowowo

portu
Holy shit I’m on cloud nine

Yohan
04-14-2021, 06:28 PM
gah. this tic tac toe shit is reminicent of some of Vanney era stuff

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:28 PM
Thoroughly deserved!

Totally.

ag futbol
04-14-2021, 06:29 PM
Man, if we can give this team trouble with a press we are going to wreck some teams in MLS this year

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:29 PM
35 minutes for a team in preseason shape. Tough. Brilliant by the players and Armas so far.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 06:30 PM
What a touch by auro jr

MikeForbes
Loving Armas ball so far.

MightyDM
Holy shit that’s a brave sub

OgtheDim
04-14-2021, 06:32 PM
1-1 goes to pens....

WANT A 2nd here

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:33 PM
3 subs or 5 in this competition???

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:33 PM
Pass it, Richie. Please.

noxx98
04-14-2021, 06:34 PM
3 subs or 5 in this competition???
5 subs

Graeme
04-14-2021, 06:34 PM
A mice game from Delgado too.

James17930
04-14-2021, 06:35 PM
Oh man keep doing this for 30 more minutes guys!!

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:36 PM
A mice game from Delgado too.

No one works harder on this team than Marky Delgado.

ag futbol
Good sub, Okello looks like he’s out of gas

Thomas
I am very impressed whatever the final result. Less constant back and forth passing like under Vanney.

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:37 PM
Good to see Morrow back.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:39 PM
5 subs

THX.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Good to see Morrow back.

Very much so.

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:40 PM
Good to see Morrow back.

DeLeon looks a step off the pace.

Yohan
04-14-2021, 06:41 PM
5 subs will do wonders for any team that plays the press. some guys run their ass off, no problem. early sub for being gassed, no problem.

Bushmancan
Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha

tfcfans
WOW!!!!!!

MikeForbes
Justin Morrow is a legend.

rydermike
04-14-2021, 06:42 PM
Leon fans in shamvmes

alex andrew
bravo bravo

portu
God above the kids are alright

ag futbol
Priso WAY better not sitting in front of the back line

benito
Wooooooooooo!

MikeForbes
DeLeon looks a step off the pace.

I thought he looked like he was in decline last year. He is at that age where you lose a step or two.

OgtheDim
Not sure that should have counted but...

RealG-TFC
I really don't want to jinx it but man what a statement from Armas. I subscribe.

portu
I’m laughing like a mad man

rydermike
Don't ask why, don't ask how.

It just went in

MightyDM
04-14-2021, 06:43 PM
Priso WAY better not sitting in front of the back line

Yes. Has improved significantly.

Rust
Hell yeah!

FootBallAZ
Wow
Armas ball
Maestro

Yohan
04-14-2021, 06:44 PM
Morrow still the best MLS fullback getting into right position at the right time on offence

tfcfans
HOLY CRAP !! -- imagine this effort with the kids and Poz and Oso, and a healthy second Forward (Jozy, Ayo, Achara) -- if some of these kids pan out, this team could be a lot more loaded than we first thought....

James17930
Karmic.

FootBallAZ
04-14-2021, 06:45 PM
Priso been good .

He's had many clean strips in the first half.

Sublime play

alex andrew
hope they don't start parking the 777444777

ag futbol
This ref is so lazy about giving us cards. Meanwhile they have to murdered to even get a foul

MikeForbes
04-14-2021, 06:46 PM
Dorsey? Really?

James17930
04-14-2021, 06:47 PM
HOLY CRAP !! -- imagine this effort with the kids and Poz and Oso, and a healthy second Forward (Jozy, Ayo, Achara) -- if some of these kids pan out, this team could be a lot more loaded than we first thought....

Yes, I'm starting to think playing the kids is the right plan.

But we need a DP striker or two, or we go nowhere this year.

portu
Dorsey getting in ahead of Fraser is surely a sign of the end of Fraser’s time at the club.

rydermike
That's our last sub. Third change