PDA

View Full Version : TFC Training camp halted due to numerous covid-19 infections

samuraizero
03-08-2021, 08:01 PM
https://www.cbc.ca/sports/soccer/mls/toronto-fc-camp-halted-covid-19-1.5941552

James17930
03-09-2021, 01:37 AM
I'm so incredibly angry about this, and so incredibly frustrated because I don't know where to direct that anger.

Did some of the players ignore protocols and screw everything up? Or were the protocols not good enough? Or is something like this basically inevitable and we're lucky they stayed Covid-free this long?

So disappointing.

Auzzy
03-09-2021, 07:19 AM
I'm so incredibly angry about this, and so incredibly frustrated because I don't know where to direct that anger.

Did some of the players ignore protocols and screw everything up? Or were the protocols not good enough? Or is something like this basically inevitable and we're lucky they stayed Covid-free this long?

So disappointing.

After reading a bit about some of the other outbreaks within sports teams over the past many months: probably all of the above. Plus you only mentioned players not following protocols. Just as likely can be coaches or other staff. That was apparently the main issue for the Raptors.

Add in the variants, where a little bit of carelessness can have much more impact due to greater transmissibility.