PDA

View Full Version : Gerry Dobson - Carver opens up

denime
08-06-2008, 06:08 AM
Carver opens up

Toronto FC head coach John Carver was in a talkative mood Tuesday morning.

Good news, bad news, it didn't matter. He had an opinion on just about everything. It was tough to hear him though above the din of the loudspeakers blaring music and announcements to the two or three thousand youngsters who showed up for the team's open practise. Carver had something to say on that as well. Great idea he opined. After all, this is where the supporters of tomorrow are coming from. Should have been done that a long time ago he declared.

There were much more serious matters to be discussed however. Like why Toronto seems to be the victim of so many referee decisions going the other way at BMO Field. He has a theory on that, but mused that perhaps the time is not yet right to blow the lid off that one. He also had plenty to say about the Amado Guevara incident. He's hoping their pro zone video package, which includes multiple cameras from various locations around the stadium shooting for their own game analysis, will provide a better look. The goal is to prove that Guevara was indeed provoked to try and keep his suspension to the minimum one match. Or perhaps even get it overturned, though that's not very likely.

On the quality of his team's performances, it's Carver's opinion that he is gettiing everything he can from his players. The effort, the work rate, the attitude, it's all there except the results. But events continue to conspire against them. And of course all the luck they are getting is of one kind, bad.

read more (http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/blogs/2008/08/05/dobson_carver_speaks/)

Technorgasm
08-06-2008, 08:11 AM
Youngsters?

I dont think anyone would put me in that category. . . or Slashyerties, or King Dave, or Dino Doc or or or . .you get the idea.

was neat to heckle the guys as they joked around though. .

The club is also hoping the U.S. gets knocked out of the Olympic tournament as quickly as possible. That way both Marvell Wynne and Maurice Edu could be available to the Reds as early as the New York game at Giants Stadium on August 17th.

FINGERS CROSSED!

Cashcleaner
08-07-2008, 06:02 AM
I had completely forgotten that Carver is only on a one-year deal with Toronto. To be honest, I don't think there is much here to entice him in staying with TFC. I get the feeling he's growing increasingly frustrated with the club's organisation in general and he just might feel better off back home. I like Carver and all, but I think he's close to the breaking point at times.