PDA

View Full Version : Regular Season Phase 2 Game 9 TFC @ Philly Sat Oct 24 7:30 pm - This One is for All

OgtheDim
10-20-2020, 06:25 AM
https://knox.villagesoup.com/media/Common/CourierPublications/2020/3/31/2864011/t1200-N1607P50009H.jpg

Have It People

rydermike
10-20-2020, 07:27 AM
Huge game for us. Union are our top "shield" competitors. Need a tie at the very minimum, preferably a win though obviously

MikeForbes
10-20-2020, 08:00 AM
Definitely the biggest regular season game we will play this year. Need a win.

Joe Kool
10-20-2020, 08:53 AM
Big game....hope our injury situation improves with no midweek game but they are traveling back and forth to Canada and then out to Philly so not sure if that will be draining in any way. We need as many players healthy as we can get for this one. Could set us up well if we can win. If we are carrying the same injuries and guys look as tired as they have lately we could be in trouble a bit.

Auzzy
10-20-2020, 10:04 AM
I had to re-watch the highlights from Oct. 3rd against Philly, couldn't even remember. I also watched them from last night's Philly - NE game. We're going to miss Ayo, assuming he's still out on Saturday. Time for another long-range goal from Piatti. We haven't been getting enough decent long-range shots from anyone.

Andrew Blake is good in goal. TFC is going to have to put more shots on net than recently, if they want anything out of this game. With Achara out with a season-ending injury (which has been known for a long time), and Altidore's issues also no mystery, it's really too bad TFC didn't pick up another striker at least on loan for this season.

Derko
10-20-2020, 10:25 AM
I had to re-watch the highlights from Oct. 3rd against Philly, couldn't even remember. I also watched them from last night's Philly - NE game. We're going to miss Ayo, assuming he's still out on Saturday. Time for another long-range goal from Piatti. We haven't been getting enough decent long-range shots from anyone.

Andrew Blake is good in goal. TFC is going to have to put more shots on net than recently, if they want anything out of this game. With Achara out with a season-ending injury (which has been known for a long time), and Altidore's issues also no mystery, it's really too bad TFC didn't pick up another striker at least on loan for this season.

Understatement regarding TFC, I would like to know how many goals from TFC have actually come from outside the box, I would guess very few, you shoot the ball, you have the potential of scoring goals, simple stuff, we try to be too clever. KISS

Auzzy
10-20-2020, 10:38 AM
Understatement regarding TFC, I would like to know how many goals from TFC have actually come from outside the box, I would guess very few, you shoot the ball, you have the potential of scoring goals, simple stuff, we try to be too clever. KISS

Well sometimes they try, but then they often end up being shots softly rolling towards the net. There seems to be some mental issue around taking shots, like the guys get all wound up but then can’t put their foot through it during the game. (I’ve seen good long shots taken during practice.)

Joe Kool
10-20-2020, 11:05 AM
Well sometimes they try, but then they often end up being shots softly rolling towards the net. There seems to be some mental issue around taking shots, like the guys get all wound up but then can’t put their foot through it during the game. (I’ve seen good long shots taken during practice.)

This is exactly what I see too and was thinking that last game while watching it when Endoh, who is known for some nice long range shots at times, just fluffed it to the goalkeeper almost like it was a pass and I thought why the hell can't we have more guys get a hold of these shots. The fluffy pass to the GK instead of the hard shot happened so many times this year. If they could it right it would be golden. But right now we get the occasional one from Piatti or Deleon maybe that has power. Pozuelo has scored from outside the box but his are more placement and using defenders as a shield rather than power. As long as it goes in though that is fine. I guess the pressure situation in the game versus practice is the main reason but these guys are pros....work on it. It is comparable to the penalty shot situation. You have pro players completely missing the net. If you have ever stood where the penalty spot is you have to wonder how the hell that can ever happen with a pro player. Seems like basic stuff to work on if it is your main income and job.

613reppingTFC
10-20-2020, 02:01 PM
well I'm glad that Auro and Piatti didn't get themselves a yellow the other day because it would have put us in an even worse situation if they were suspended due to accumulation. Even still Piatti looked like he needed some rest, hopefully this week helps him out a lot but ideally he would get subbed at some point.
Delgado too with how many times I kept saying he was giving the ball away, he must have had about 5 passes given away.
I haven't heard anything on Osorio, any news? will we have Zavs and Mavinga back?
Gallagher has been alright, he got burned early in the last game but i think it was more so due to him slipping on the surface (which many players seemed to be doing). After that play he seemed a bit more comfortable. At least we are able to give Laryea some rest

Joe Kool
10-20-2020, 03:34 PM
well I'm glad that Auro and Piatti didn't get themselves a yellow the other day because it would have put us in an even worse situation if they were suspended due to accumulation. Even still Piatti looked like he needed some rest, hopefully this week helps him out a lot but ideally he would get subbed at some point.

Speaking of yellows, does anyone know if the regular season accumulation goes into the playoffs or does it get wiped out? If it carries into the playoffs I would rather these players get their 5th yellow sooner than later and sit out a regular season game then a single knockout game in the playoffs. Let's call it a strategic yellow. But if the yellows get reset in the playoffs then I guess no point. I was thinking about that during the last game when they mentioned it for Auro and Piatti about their accumulation.

rydermike
10-20-2020, 04:14 PM
Speaking of yellows, does anyone know if the regular season accumulation goes into the playoffs or does it get wiped out? If it carries into the playoffs I would rather these players get their 5th yellow sooner than later and sit out a regular season game then a single knockout game in the playoffs. Let's call it a strategic yellow. But if the yellows get reset in the playoffs then I guess no point. I was thinking about that during the last game when they mentioned it for Auro and Piatti about their accumulation.

They reset in the playoffs. However, if you pick up the 5th yellow of the regular season during the last game of the season, you still miss the first game of the playoffs.

Once playoffs start, you're back to zero. Two yellows in the playoffs and you miss one match (exception MLS Cup Final - can't be suspended that match for accumulation. Only way you can miss MLS Cup Final is a red card in the Conference Final)

Red CB Toronto
10-20-2020, 05:47 PM
They reset in the playoffs. However, if you pick up the 5th yellow of the regular season during the last game of the season, you still miss the first game of the playoffs.

Once playoffs start, you're back to zero. Two yellows in the playoffs and you miss one match (exception MLS Cup Final - can't be suspended that match for accumulation. Only way you can miss MLS Cup Final is a red card in the Conference Final)

You almost wonder if say the Reds win at Philly and are in good shape vs NYFC if they sit Piaiti to not risk it, he has been sitting on four yellows for a few games now. Do you even consider getting one on purpose ?

Bushmancan
10-20-2020, 06:32 PM
Comparing the schedules, I think Philly's is tougher than ours. We win and it demoralizes them. For some reason, this means more to me than the Cup. I want all three mind you, but the guys have gutted it out, gone through injuries. I just really want to see them win it.

NK Toronto
10-20-2020, 08:00 PM
Comparing the schedules, I think Philly's is tougher than ours. We win and it demoralizes them. For some reason, this means more to me than the Cup. I want all three mind you, but the guys have gutted it out, gone through injuries. I just really want to see them win it.

I feel the same way. If given a choice between the cup and the shield I would chose the shield for this season at least. I view it as a greater accomplishment considering they will have played only 4 games at BMO all year.

NK Toronto
10-20-2020, 08:03 PM
Og, thank you for setting up these game threads. Your efforts are appreciated.

Bushmancan
10-20-2020, 08:29 PM

Here, here!!

Blindside16
10-20-2020, 11:58 PM
I feel the same way. If given a choice between the cup and the shield I would chose the shield for this season at least. I view it as a greater accomplishment considering they will have played only 4 games at BMO all year.

And that is what makes scrapping the shield even more nonsense. You look at a team who has played 4 games at actual home and only 1 in front of fans, and they are wanting the Shield as bad as anyone. If we can manage a win we fully control our destiny. Finishing top in the League is priority right now. Correct me if I am wrong but I believe the same protocols will be in place for the playoffs as well. I.E. travel in and out same day as the game. If so, that makes home field throughout HUGE

MightyDM
10-22-2020, 01:17 PM

Echo that. And I finally agree with NK about something!

NK Toronto
10-22-2020, 06:23 PM
Echo that. And I finally agree with NK about something!

I am also against painful hemorrhoids. Can we agree on that? 😁

OgtheDim
10-23-2020, 06:36 AM
Toughest league game for us since playing the Crew in 2017 in the Conference Finals.

Unlike ATL & NYC, Philly is very self aware, adaptable and consistent. They will keep coming and not flag if down or get cocky if up. They have a lot of stability in their ranks. They play a lot like us - like to move the ball around out wide and in the middle and control things.

To beat them, we have to put in 90 minutes all over the pitch.

The winner of this match will be the one who

a) makes the most of their chances
b) makes the least mistakes

I expect an injury or two to affect the lineup as we can't seem to go a few days without somebody going down right now.

Should be a great game.

Bushmancan
10-23-2020, 02:02 PM
Toughest league game for us since playing the Crew in 2017 in the Conference Finals.

Unlike ATL & NYC, Philly is very self aware, adaptable and consistent. They will keep coming and not flag if down or get cocky if up. They have a lot of stability in their ranks. They play a lot like us - like to move the ball around out wide and in the middle and control things.

To beat them, we have to put in 90 minutes all over the pitch.

The winner of this match will be the one who

a) makes the most of their chances
b) makes the least mistakes

I expect an injury or two to affect the lineup as we can't seem to go a few days without somebody going down right now.

Should be a great game.

This is a playoff game.....

MightyDM
10-23-2020, 02:10 PM
I am also against painful hemorrhoids. Can we agree on that? 

hahahahahahaha

NK Toronto
10-23-2020, 07:55 PM
I was reading Steve Buffery's column today and he stated that Vanney said that Akinola was a possibility for Saturday, while Mavinga was out and Jozy was a way's away. The good news was that Morrow is available. There was no mention of Osorio.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:17 AM
Game Day :scarf:

MikeForbes
10-24-2020, 08:04 AM
Biggest game of the season so far. I expect a veteran heavy lineup led by Patrick Mullinho.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:25 AM
It's A Football Day, will be huge !!

CBTFC
10-24-2020, 08:55 AM
Woo game day! :scarf::flare::drum:

After a long day out enjoying the fantastic summer weather yesterday, today is bunkering inside for chores and soccer. What an awesome day of programming, with El Clasico coming up at 10am, ManU vs Chelsea at lunchtime and of course our main event this evening.

Our team depth and discipline will truly be tested against Philly this evening, just want to see a solid effort out on the pitch!

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 12:19 PM
If Akinola doesn't play and with no Mavinga I would gladly take a draw today.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 12:31 PM
If Akinola doesn't play and with no Mavinga I would gladly take a draw today.

From MLS Website.... Osorio must be out

Toronto

Injury Report:

OUT: Achara (M) - ACL injury
OUT: Jonathan Osorio (M) - undisclosed injury
OUT: Jozy Altidore (F) - hamstring strain
OUT: Alex Bono (GK) - dislocated finger
OUT: Chris Mavinga (D) - undisclosed injury
QUESTIONABLE: Ayo Akinola (F) - undisclosed injury
QUESTIONABLE: Eriq Zavaleta (D) - undisclosed injury

Injury Report:

OUT: Warren Creavalle (M) - undisclosed injury
OUT: Matt Real (D) - hamstring injury

Philadelphia

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 12:53 PM
Yup, a draw is the best to expect with that amount of injuries. Need Ciman & Gonzalez & Westberg to be on the same page.

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 12:59 PM
Biggest game of the season so far. I expect a veteran heavy lineup led by Patrick Mullinho.
Brace from Millinho who then receives call up from the Seleção. TFC wins 2-1 is my fearless prediction.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 04:28 PM
I'm not expecting more than a draw from this one, because we have too many absences caused by injuries compared to Philly.
Will be very difficult...

tfcfans
10-24-2020, 04:31 PM
Based on who won’t be playing and the fact that we are playing a team who is undefeated at home (with only one tie), getting any points today would be an incredible result....I want to feel confident in the resiliency of this group, and they’ve given us every reason to believe in that resilience; but I just have a bad feeling about all of this, especially with all of the Shield talk going around as if somehow a Philly win doesn’t put them in first today and by all measures in the drivers seat with three games to go as the tie breaker will be theirs as well......hope all my trepidation is unfounded but I’m concerned that our good fortune might catch up with us tonight.....

Just saw the lineup (and bench) with no Piatti, no Akinola, and the other missing players which we knew about already (Mavinga, Osorio) - if they get any points out of tonight's game, they deserve that Shield more than ever.....

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 05:21 PM
We have had things go our way in the last few months with the last minute wins vs NYC and Atlanta, the penalty miss by NER and the VAR call in our favour against Columbus. In the long run these things tend to even out.

Fort York Redcoat
10-24-2020, 05:26 PM
I call at least a draw.

The Aaronson distraction will be real.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 05:46 PM
One thing:

If we lose this game, I don't feel like its the end of the season. It would be annoying not to win the shield but...at least its a decent team with decent fans on a decent pitch and not ATL or NYRB or NYCFC. And we are still in with a chance even if we lose.

All I want to see from them tonight is pride in the shirt & keep going.

Cause, after all that is gone on in 2020, not matter what happens, all I'm going to feel at the end of this season is pride in those guys doing what they have done to give us a weekly smile.

Now

back to complaining about Auro slowing the game down & Piatti over thinking & Ciman taking chances &......

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 05:56 PM
Snort - the lineup - oh dear

Kristian Jack saying Piatti is out with a calf & team waiting on a scan

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 06:04 PM
What Molinaro said

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1320134457374945282

Don't get your hopes up tonight people...

tfcfans
10-24-2020, 06:06 PM
What Molinaro said

https://twitter.com/JohnMolinaro/status/1320134457374945282

Don't get your hopes up tonight people...

That's putting it mildly......:(

rydermike
10-24-2020, 06:17 PM
It's the rrturn of Gallardo

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 06:17 PM
Damn, it's the most important game of the season so far, and we'll be going into this match with one of the weakest (if not the weakest!) starting lineup in the whole season. :facepalm:
I'm lowering my expectations, I only hope we can keep close (not lose with more than one goal difference...)

rydermike
10-24-2020, 06:19 PM
Westberg
Auro-Gonzalez-Ciman-Laryea
DeLeon-Bradley-Delgado
Gallardo-Pozuelo-Endoh

Silva-Fraser-Gallacher-MarshallRutty-Morrow-Mullins-Nelson-Priso-Shaffelberg

Formation was a guess

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 06:24 PM
Westberg
Auro-Gonzalez-Ciman-Laryea
DeLeon-Bradley-Delgado
Gallardo-Pozuelo-Endoh

Silva-Fraser-Gallacher-MarshallRutty-Morrow-Mullins-Nelson-Priso-Shaffelberg

Formation was a guess

Wow... 3 strikers out, 2 of the 3 DPs and best Defender... big teams rise to the challenge. Mullins doing in the 80th minute to lock it up.

TheSloanRanger
10-24-2020, 06:32 PM
2020 TFC is different. hard fought 2-1 win. its just what they do.

noxx98
10-24-2020, 06:37 PM
I think this is Gallardo’s make it or break it game with TFC. If he shows up and performs well I think that gives him a chance to get in the rotation. If he flops, I think he’s gone next season and probably doesn’t see the field again.

Graeme
10-24-2020, 06:38 PM
Wow... 3 strikers out, 2 of the 3 DPs and best Defender... big teams rise to the challenge. Mullins doing in the 80th minute to lock it up. and Osorio!

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 06:39 PM
Good TSN stream here (https://freestreams-live1.com/tsn-1/#)

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 06:40 PM
and Osorio!

Yeah, my bad on missing that one.

Ultra & Proud
10-24-2020, 06:42 PM
Gallardo brace coming up.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 06:45 PM
Watching TSN now and they are showing U.S.College football hilights. I can't stand how much time they give to college football. More than to TFC.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 06:53 PM
The fact that Poz is playing as a striker tonight tells you what Vanney thinks of Mullins. If they get down by 2 goals I am playing reserves for the rest of the match. Finding a quality, reliable striker needs to be the NUMBER ONE PRIORITY THIS OFF-SEASON.

Why do so many of our injuries happen during training? What kind of sessions is Vanney running?

James17930
10-24-2020, 06:54 PM
I think this is Gallardo’s make it or break it game with TFC. If he shows up and performs well I think that gives him a chance to get in the rotation. If he flops, I think he’s gone next season and probably doesn’t see the field again.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. At this point he can only be classified as a project, but it's time for that project to pay dividends.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 06:55 PM
How there's always some TFC players getting injured in training?????
Always!!!

Initial B
10-24-2020, 06:56 PM
Holy Crap that's a young bench! I imagine they'll have legs coming on as subs, but we'll leak goals due to inexperience.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 06:58 PM
Need to withstand the first 10 minutes

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 06:59 PM
This is way too defensive a posture for straight from kickoff. Need to at least make an honest attempt of keeping possession

James17930
10-24-2020, 07:02 PM
Yeah, feels like we'll be conceding first here.

NK Toronto
This is looking ugly. Mind you what do you expect with this line up.

rydermike
Holy Crap that's a young bench! I imagine they'll have legs coming on as subs, but we'll leak goals due to inexperience.

Basically whoever was healthy made tge bench

OgtheDim
Free Kick in our own area and we manage to give the ball away to them under pressure in our own box....no outlet ball and they have everybody in the middle covered.

tfcfans
10-24-2020, 07:03 PM
Is it bad that I bet against us to offset the emotional hedge with the financial hedge ?! Frankly the fact that Philly is an underdog at home (Where they are 7W and 1T) with our injured lineup coming in to their stadium is baffling to me — hope I lose my bets!

benito
10-24-2020, 07:04 PM
Philly has had most of the possession. Tfc needs to a bit more composure and withstand the first ten minutes.

portu
10-24-2020, 07:04 PM
This looks like a complete clusterfuck

James17930
10-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Is this our first game of the restart with fans in the stands?

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:05 PM
Is this our first game of the restart with fans in the stands?

There were fans in Montreal.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:06 PM
So Auro is out next game, Wednesday due to that yellow card.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:06 PM
Now Auro suspended next game

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:07 PM
With so many games compacted together training sessions should be very light at this stage.

portu
10-24-2020, 07:07 PM
NYCFC was a match where we pulled it out of our ass. But we were organized. The team looks like it’s in complete chaos right now.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:08 PM
This is going to be such a test for our team.... need the timely counter attack, they are going to press all night

NK Toronto
I think the Shield is slipping away.

James17930
There were fans in Montreal.

Ah, yes.

I think this is one of those games where Poz is going to have to basically be a superhero if we're going to win. If he can stand on his head to get us a result, he'll completely seal his MVP credentials.

portu
10-24-2020, 07:09 PM
I think the Shield is slipping away.
Fuck the shield I want MLS Cup

Keep a decent seeding and rest the top guys

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:12 PM
Playing Poz up top is a waste. I don't think he's touched the ball

zorsofstesab
10-24-2020, 07:13 PM
does that count as a shot by Ciman because it certainly was not a pass to his own goalie.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:13 PM
How much possesion we had in 15 mins?
25%
This is extremely ugly.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:15 PM
Playing Poz up top is a waste. I don't think he's touched the ball

Yeah, it was almost worth playing one of the really young guys to play up front (even if it wasn’t their natural position)... Poz is so good coming back as well, can’t burn Poz out.

OgtheDim
Delgado holding onto the ball too long

Auro passing it to their players - three times so far

Aaronsen operating in a space between Bradley & our 2 CB's

Ciman playing with fire constantly

Richie can't get upfield

Gallardo can't tackle

Pozuelo can't get near the ball

But apart from that....

ag futbol
I realize options are thin all over the field but realistically Laryea is your second best attacking option and he’s playing fullback.

Better to have him play more advanced. His speed is well known and that will give Phily something to fear on the counter even if it’s not effective

benito
10-24-2020, 07:17 PM

Richie can't get upfield

Gallardo can't tackle

But apart from that....

pretty good summary so far

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:18 PM

Richie can't get upfield

Gallardo can't tackle

But apart from that....

I hope Morrow is healthy because I haven’t seen Auro play so poorly in a while.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:19 PM
We've survived 25% of the game so far

SKB
10-24-2020, 07:20 PM
Well, lucky to still be in this game, but unimpressed with Phila, no finish in this team with all the chances they have had.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:22 PM
It was only a matter of time

tfcfans
Bye Bye Shield.....sad that we didn’t get to play for it with anywhere near a full roster; oh well, focus on the 3rd week of November and hope we are healthy then.....I’ll be counting my dirty hedge money I bet on Philly (ha ha ha)....I’m not proud of myself but this game screamed 3-0 loss to me all over the place mid-week, and seeing this lineup an hour ago did nothing to dissuade me from that belief....again, I’m an unlucky gambler so maybe they will pull of a miracle somehow and cost me money and I’ll be thrilled to donate for the cause, but I doubt it......

This is just teams on two different levels out there......

ag futbol
Well that was always coming.

Maybe now that we’re down Vanney can toss his gutless coward tactic book and take out the real one

If Bradley continues to play this one dimensional sweeper role I’m going to lose it. We have to play the double pivot

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:23 PM
How do we get caught on a counter...

SKB
10-24-2020, 07:23 PM
Hmm let’s see how TFC respond

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:24 PM
Here we go.
100% deserved by Philly.

We play nothing, but we have nobody to play with.

OgtheDim
How do we get caught on a counter...

Richie was in the middle of the park

BUT...that was an excellent cross.

SKB
Great save, this could get ugly

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:26 PM
This has 4-0 written all over it.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:27 PM
We are being physically manhandled as well, they want the ball far more. We need to wake up and get hungry. Brutal marking. Might be the last game for Gallardo.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:27 PM
Better than Ajax's 13-0 win

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Great save, this could get ugly

Yeah, I''m afraid I'il go to sleep a lot earlier before the end of the match.
It's the middle of the night here in Europe.

SKB
10-24-2020, 07:28 PM
Wish this was basketball I would definitely call a time out...

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:29 PM
It had that written on it the second the starting lineups were announced.

NK Toronto
What I don't understand is why we are more injured tonight after having a week off then we were after the game Sunday? To me the talking point tonight is not the game, but why are our guys constantly getting injured in training?

SKB
I know we are short players but that last goal was terrible no defending at all!

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:30 PM
Was that Gallardo's man?

Guess it was

Bye Bye Erickson...we hardly knew ya

tfcfans
See you on Wednesday.....this was over before it started....unless Columbus or NE somehow beats them or gets a draw somehow in Philly (possible) and we win out (which I doubt we do), there is no Shield for us.....only someone with TFC coloured goggles could have looked at this matchup, in their stadium with our present lineup, and thought we would get a result in this match - sometimes things are as they appear to be......if we were healthy I would have felt differently but this is not a Shield winning lineup or an MLS Cup winning lineup Tonight - put Piatti, Akinola/Altidore, Mavinga, Osorio out there Instead of Ciman, Endoh, Gallardo, DeLeon (better as a sub), and this is a very, very different team - we simply are outgunned and undermanned tonight......

TheSloanRanger
2020 TFC is different. hard fought 2-1 win. its just what they do.

i take it back lol

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:31 PM
the last we have seen of Erickson Gallardo ?

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 07:31 PM
I would have taken Endoh off, and see what Gallardo's pace can do with Mullins.

samuraizero
10-24-2020, 07:32 PM

From what I've seen so far... Gallardo has no pace

PizzaEatingYeti
Sorry, but Vanney must be fucked in the brain if he won't take down right now Poz and Richie to rest for the next game.
There's no difference if we lose this game by 2 goals or 5 goals.

ag futbol
What I don't understand is why we are more injured tonight after having a week off then we were after the game Sunday? To me the talking point tonight is not the game, but why are our guys constantly getting injured in training?
I think it might have something to do with playing the exact same roster 2x a week with basically zero rotation. We were begging for an injury to Delgado or Osorio and got off lucky it’s only one of them with a little bit of a strain. Not surprising others are showing wear-and-tear too.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:33 PM
From what I've seen so far... Gallardo has no pace
True... he has nothing at all.

RealG-TFC

Endoh always gets dispossessed, it's hard to watch

James17930
Sorry, but Vanney must be fucked in the brain if he won't take down right now Poz and Richie to rest for the next game.
There's no difference if we lose this game by 2 goals or 5 goals.

I think it's too early for that. We're only down by 2 at 35 mins.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:34 PM
Maybe Vanney will run a 3 hour practice after the match to teach them a lesson.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:35 PM

2-0 is a dangerous score but we are so lean on the bench, have nothing to lose now. Put the young guns on, at least they will be hungry and possibly put a spark into the veterans.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:36 PM
Whisper it

Bradley can't do what Oso does

PizzaEatingYeti
Man, do you honestly believe we can come back in this one?

portu
Philly commentary team is insufferable. Complete homers they call the players by first name not last. Constantly getting player names wrong. Jesus.

We have it good in Toronto

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 07:37 PM
Endoh always gets dispossessed, it's hard to watch

Nearly the whole team looks bad right now. Midfield isn't the same without Oso.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:38 PM
Have we had a single stretch where we made more than 3/4 passes

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:40 PM
Every pass is telegraphed and then they are getting bumped hard and quickly. Every time.

portu
10-24-2020, 07:40 PM
I’m gonna agree with substitution point. This game is a write off. Laryea, Poz, Delgado, Gonzalez off. Rest them and look to Wednesday.

SoccMan2
10-24-2020, 07:42 PM
It’s simple , missing Osorio, Piatti, Mavinga, Akinola , Altidore , Morrow and of course you will be dominated. Replaced by crap , Ciman ya ok! Auro waste of money , Gallardo really! Endoh CPL would be too high a level , Mullins nice guy but that’s about it. Hey hopefully they can prove me wrong in the second half but not betting on it with these guys on the field.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:42 PM
They should be up by far more, we get one back and it is a whole different game... or not. LOL

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 07:43 PM
Every pass is telegraphed and then they are getting bumped hard and quickly. Every time.
We are back to vintage “give it to Bradley” mode as he sits 5 feet off the backline. Completely stifles the attack.

SKB
10-24-2020, 07:44 PM
Gallarado is finished, it did not work out, time to cut bait and move on.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:44 PM
What tonight illustrates is our lack of depth, both at striker and defenders

SKB
10-24-2020, 07:45 PM
I agree, give some of the kids a chance to play and rest the regulars. Nothing to loose at this point.

rydermike
10-24-2020, 07:46 PM
If you completely ignore the first 43 minutes, we did well

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 07:48 PM

I think it's more of a lack of strikers right now with Jozy, Ayo and Achara out. No midfield presence with Oso and Piatti out. I think the defenders that started this game are decent enough.

reggie
10-24-2020, 07:48 PM
auro is shite

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 07:51 PM
Gallarado is finished, it did not work out, time to cut bait and move on.

Pretty much any type of winger is useless for Vanney. This is the first game he has started 2 wingers but with no striker up top is wasted.

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 07:52 PM
auro is shite

He is still a better defensive fullback than Laryea.

oranje boven
Pryzbylko is the type of striker we really need. A different style then Ayo. A tall striker with an ability to put in a header or the ability to find that space in the box to knock in a loose ball. I did see at 42:30 Richie head butted him in the ear and he didn’t waste time to push Richie over. Still looks angry.

NK Toronto
Am I imagining things or are there a lot more posts on this forum when we lose?

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 07:53 PM
They should be up by far more, we get one back and it is a whole different game... or not. LOL

Yes, the real score should be 4-0, TFC extremely lucky being down just by 2, lol.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:53 PM
Well at least Atlanta lost tonight.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:54 PM

Not sure the CB's have been that bad actually.

Vanney got the tactics very wrong - needed an outlet. Plan was speed on the wings against a narrow diamond. Problem is Bradley can't take pressure anymore, Delgado is having a poor game when on the ball & Gallardo was useless going forward while being unwilling to come back.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 07:54 PM
Am I imagining things or are there a lot more posts on this forum when we lose?

Always are...

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:55 PM
Pryzbylko is the type of striker we really need. A different style then Ayo. A tall striker with an ability to put in a header or the ability to find that space in the box to knock in a loose ball. I did see at 42:30 Richie head butted him in the ear and he didn’t waste time to push Richie over. Still looks angry.

And most importantly, he stays healthy.

Initial B
10-24-2020, 07:56 PM
That was the most brutal outplaying of TFC I have since the Houston game where they rested the starters for the CCL final. Philly was soooo UP for this game, their level of energy was an order of magnitude greater than TFC's. We'll have to see if TFC has the pride to respond the second half.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 07:57 PM
I think it's more of a lack of strikers right now with Jozy, Ayo and Achara out. No midfield presence with Oso and Piatti out. I think the defenders that started this game are decent enough.

Similar to what NYCFC did to us in Orlando, press us hard, consistent and physically. I do think there have been fouls that we no called but we need to be able to handle that press.

rydermike
Don't get why Auro was taken off. He's suspended next game, so he's going to get rest regardless

Red CB Toronto
Marky out, Liam in, Justin in, Auro out.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:58 PM
Why would you replace Auro when he is suspended next game? Why not replace Laryea who could use a rest?

PaceyWinger
Bradley retreats so far back to pick up the ball that it takes 20 beauty passes to get through the press. He also has none of the recovery speed to win the ball back. He's still the man and I have massive respect for him but it's STARK the difference that Osorio makes back there.

rydermike
Shaffelberg the only player born before the year 2000 left on the bench. He was born November 26,1999

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 07:59 PM
That was the most brutal outplaying of TFC I have since the Houston game where they rested the starters for the CCL final. Philly was soooo UP for this game, their level of energy was an order of magnitude greater than TFC's. We'll have to see if TFC has the pride to respond the second half.

What about NYCFC earlier this year in Orlando?

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 08:00 PM
Almost this whole season we were desperately short in the forward department.
We need 2 forwards coming in this winter, one DP quality and another one just below Ayo in quality.
Don't forget Achara looks unfortunately like he's another "glass man", plagued already by too many injuries over his young career.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Don't get why Auro was taken off. He's suspended next game, so he's going to get rest regardless

Both players not off for a rest.

Delgado was getting beaten in the middle & Auro was ineffective & getting blown past.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 08:01 PM
Why would you replace Auro when he is suspended next game? Why not replace Laryea who could use a rest?
This!!
It makes no sense that substitution...

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 08:02 PM
Much better tactics to start

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:02 PM
Always are...

What does that say about human nature? Oh well, still rather be watching this and posting then watching the news.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:04 PM
About Delgado & Bradley

https://twitter.com/tutulismyname/status/1320163227951661062

portu
10-24-2020, 08:04 PM
I think next year needs to be the year of fresh blood. Bradley and Jozy are done.

reggie
10-24-2020, 08:06 PM
maybe jozy can come in and score a couple

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:06 PM
Not the Reds nights.

Initial B
10-24-2020, 08:07 PM
Welp, good night guys. I'll watch the rest of the highlights in the morning.

portu
maybe jozy can come in and score a couple
That would double his goal total for the year haha

Bushmancan
Goodnight Irene, rest the boys..... now if I am Philly. I rub it in hard.

SKB
10-24-2020, 08:08 PM
Cannot watch anymore, game is a right off.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:09 PM
Bring on some kids.

tfcfans
Bye Bye Shield.....sad that we didn’t get to play for it with anywhere near a full roster; oh well, focus on the 3rd week of November and hope we are healthy then.....I’ll be counting my dirty hedge money I bet on Philly (ha ha ha)....I’m not proud of myself but this game screamed 3-0 loss to me all over the place mid-week, and seeing this lineup an hour ago did nothing to dissuade me from that belief....again, I’m an unlucky gambler so maybe they will pull of a miracle somehow and cost me money and I’ll be thrilled to donate for the cause, but I doubt it......

This is just teams on two different levels out there......

Going to "bump" myself on this one:rolleyes:.....unfortunately 3-0 may be too kind -- take off Poz and give him a break, use all the kids (or at least 3 more), and rest the key guys before Wednesday.....

benito
Time to take Poz and Richie off.

OgtheDim
The future of the midfield of this team is Osorio & somebody else - could be Delgado, could be a new player.

Not Bradley

Not Fraser

benito
10-24-2020, 08:11 PM
This score is flattering. Philly should have scored two or three more.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 08:11 PM
How stupid looks now Vanney to have not subbed the most important TFC players still on the field?

portu
10-24-2020, 08:12 PM
Future of this midfield is a three of Delgado, Poz and Oso. Fraser on the bench. Bradley money moves to the wing.

ag futbol
I think next year needs to be the year of fresh blood. Bradley and Jozy are done.
Let me say this, I think Bradley is a great player but where is the versatility? Anytime he’s in the lineup he has to be focal point and play directly off the backline. Is this what the coach is demanding or how Bradley has to play? It doesn’t work and has to stop. Either Bradley shows more tactical versatility or there’s no future here.

As another note, I don’t understand how Endoh is still out there. He’s been nearly as bad as Gallardo was

PaceyWinger
Shaffelberg the only player born before the year 2000 left on the bench. He was born November 26,1999
Somewhere very near that very date as an 18 year old I witnessed a work-related accident where a colleague fell off of a loading dock onto her back. I was the one who called the ambulance as she was very hurt and scared. When the person on 911 asked what happened I panicked and said "an elderly woman fell off of the loading dock". the ooooooonly issue was this poor woman was maybe 43 and heard the whole conversation.

oranje boven
10-24-2020, 08:14 PM
I don’t see a Phil player I wouldn’t want our team.... solid 11 tho not like I’ve seen much of their CBs

portu
10-24-2020, 08:14 PM
Okay 4 nothing is my bedtime

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:16 PM
The future of the midfield of this team is Osorio & somebody else - could be Delgado, could be a new player.

Not Bradley

Not Fraser

Is Vanney part of that future? Sometimes his player management is questionable.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:16 PM
At least one of the kids is making his TFC debut tonight - Ralph Priso.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:17 PM
Is Vanney part of that future? Sometimes his player management is questionable.

Vanney isn't going anywhere until he takes over either the USMNT or the CANMNT before 2026.

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 08:18 PM
Q has also made about 4 really quality saves.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:20 PM
wow, what a night ...

samuraizero
10-24-2020, 08:21 PM
2 behind our line without even being on a real counter. No pace to catch up. Rip.

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 08:24 PM
I’ll admit I was a big advocate of Fraser last year but I’ve seen nothing this season to suggest he shouldn’t be back with TFC2 or shipped out.

Fatally slow, below average defensively. Passing looked a lot sharper last year this year that’s been bad too.

OgtheDim
One thing:

If we lose this game, I don't feel like its the end of the season. It would be annoying not to win the shield but...at least its a decent team with decent fans on a decent pitch and not ATL or NYRB or NYCFC. And we are still in with a chance even if we lose.

All I want to see from them tonight is pride in the shirt & keep going.

Cause, after all that is gone on in 2020, not matter what happens, all I'm going to feel at the end of this season is pride in those guys doing what they have done to give us a weekly smile.

Still stand by this

Team is being straight out beat tonight - not seeing players not trying (well, Gallardo aside) . Just getting terribly beat.

Smokecell
Likely the last we see of Gallardo and Fraser

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 08:25 PM
Future of this midfield is a three of Delgado, Poz and Oso. Fraser on the bench. Bradley money moves to the wing.

What's the point in having wingers if they're not used and if they are used, usually out of position. Poz and Oso for sure.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:26 PM
Vanney isn't going anywhere until he takes over either the USMNT or the CANMNT before 2026.

I would be really interested in seeing a stat on how many man games we have lost due to injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we are near the top of the league. This seems to be a recurring theme over the past few years. If this is not the coaches fault then who is to blame?

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 08:27 PM
One more thing nobody talks about.
Do you guys really think the home trip to TO, the 2 days spent at home and coming back "refreshed" as they say, was good to TFC?
I call BS on that, probably most of the guys came back in a lot worst shape than Sunday evening after the last match.

I mean let's get logical here.
You're seeing your wives, girlfriends after missing for how many days? And already tired physically...

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 08:27 PM
So my question for the board, if you knew you were as depleted as you were. Why wouldn’t you just park the bus and play for a 0-0 draw. The first goal ok, but the second on the counter attack was completely unacceptable. Starting the second you were down 2-0 so you need to try to see if you can chip one in. But at 3-0, just kill the game, get the youth on (why is Poz still playing). I still think they can win the shield Philly have three tough games (Chicago-in form, Columbus - revenge and New England is New England) but we now need to win all games our games and we are riddled with injuries.

Red CB Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:29 PM
At least the Kids are getting a run out tonight. TFC Homegrown product makes his MLS debut. The youngest player in club history.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElIvmhWXgAEb5p9?format=jpg&name=large

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ElIt8hsX0AAlLV9?format=jpg&name=large

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:29 PM
I would be really interested in seeing a stat on how many man games we have lost due to injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if we are near the top of the league. This seems to be a recurring theme over the past few years. If this is not the coaches fault then who is to blame?

Last I checked that stat we were around the top third. It is an issue but not one you fire a manager over.

samuraizero
10-24-2020, 08:30 PM
What is Mullins even.

The boy is a mediocre at best striker and his work rate is crap. Why is he given the time of day?

tfcfans
10-24-2020, 08:32 PM
Here’s a faint reminder of hope - we needed a horrific Cinci team who was down two men (?!) to get a draw at DC last year to get us a home playoff game, and it happened against all logic to the contrary - sometimes strange things can happen in our favour.....not much else I can think of tonight to give us any Shield hope over the next three games....

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 08:32 PM
Last I checked that stat we were around the top third. It is an issue but not one you fire a manager over.

In MLS, I don't think a manager should be fired over injuries, but in European leagues it's a different story. I am curious to see what a different manager would do with this team though.

bhandsome90
10-24-2020, 08:33 PM
What is Mullins even.

The boy is a mediocre at best striker and his work rate is crap. Why is he given the time of day?

Right now, there are no other strikers to use.

reggie
10-24-2020, 08:35 PM
it doesnt help that tfc had only 2 days training this week,being on the road all this time finally caught up with them.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:36 PM
The lessons of this game are not for 2020.

The lessons of this game are for 2021.

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 08:42 PM
I go back and forth as to whether Vanney is actually a good coach.

On the one hand I look at our record, the playoff run last year, winning games with a short handed roster. Looks good.

On the other, I see what appears to be the team falling into the same tactical pitfalls over and over. And that makes me wonder if he’s really just a bus driver with a Ferrari.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 08:44 PM
In MLS, I don't think a manager should be fired over injuries, but in European leagues it's a different story. I am curious to see what a different manager would do with this team though.

Overall the Vanney era has been successful however he always has had one of the better rosters in the league. What we don't know is how the club would have fared with the same players but under a different coach. There are 2 things about the Vanney era that we need to consider. 1) We continue to be dogged by injuries. 2) We have lost more cup finals then we have won. For me the jury is still out on Vanney. I wonder how he would do if he had Vancouver's line up.

Auzzy
10-24-2020, 08:47 PM
Still stand by this

Team is being straight out beat tonight - not seeing players not trying (well, Gallardo aside) . Just getting terribly beat.

I also saw Fraser and a few others jogging lightly at times.

reggie
10-24-2020, 08:48 PM
Do you guys really think the home trip to TO, the 2 days spent at home and coming back "refreshed" as they say, was good to TFC?
I call BS on that, probably most of the guys came back in a lot worst shape than Sunday evening after the last match.

You're seeing your wives, girlfriends after missing for how many days? And already tired physically...
i agree totally with you on that .2 days training player carrying knocks no training staff for 2 to 3 days.not a good recipe

Bushmancan
10-24-2020, 08:49 PM
I have been quiet about Fraser, not really seen him enough and therefor having an opinion. Grant it, we were seriously injured (we were, so not panicking) and everyone played poorly tonight but unless I am missing something... I don’t see him as the future.

This core group of players have maybe 1 year left together and we have a legitimate chance to win, so keep trying. But this off season is going to be interesting. It is time to get thinking about 2021 and 2022. I can think of at least 5 players who are winding down but I don’t see the depth to replace them.

Let’s enjoy it while we can but we really need to see if Ali has the chops. I think the pressure is on him more than anyone and I really don’t want to see us not going for it.

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 08:50 PM
I also saw Fraser and a few others jogging lightly at times.
That’s actually his full on sprint. It only appears like jogging :)

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 08:52 PM

Cruel but close to truth, unfortunately. He's on par with Bradley.

PizzaEatingYeti
10-24-2020, 08:58 PM
The title of this thread was:
"Regular Season Phase 2 Game 9 TFC @ Philly Sat Oct 24 7:30 pm - This One is for All (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?42967-Regular-Season-Phase-2-Game-9-TFC-Philly-Sat-Oct-24-7-30-pm-This-One-is-for-All)"

Sadly, now it seems the correct title should have been:
"Regular Season Phase 2 Game 9 TFC @ Philly Sat Oct 24 7:30 pm - This one is for (http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showthread.php?42967-Regular-Season-Phase-2-Game-9-TFC-Philly-Sat-Oct-24-7-30-pm-This-One-is-for-All)nobody"

Auzzy
10-24-2020, 09:02 PM

That's true, and sadly funny. But sometimes he wasn't even trying that hard, looked like a jog (for him) but was actually more like a walk.

And I didn't only mean to pick on Fraser. Just felt that there wasn't as much of a reaction to adversity as I would have wanted to see, especially from some guys that don't play so much and shouldn't have been very tired.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 09:05 PM

I don't think that was it. I heard a report that Poz and his wife each slept with one foot on the floor.

Auzzy
10-24-2020, 09:15 PM

I don't think you can expect players to be away from home and their families forever, especially in a place like Hartford. After both the NHL and NBA seasons were over, players spoke about the mental difficulties of the environment, despite those being much larger and more posh "bubbles" than what TFC is dealing with. These two trips were known and could have been planned for as soon as the MLS schedule was released for this phase, with adequate depth and rotation within TFC. But that didn't happen for various reasons.

ag futbol
10-24-2020, 09:16 PM
That's true, and sadly funny. But sometimes he wasn't even trying that hard, looked like a jog (for him) but was actually more like a walk.

And I didn't only mean to pick on Fraser. Just felt that there wasn't as much of a reaction to adversity as I would have wanted to see, especially from some guys that don't play so much and shouldn't have been very tired.
He’s a unique case I think. Would be surprised if he’s here beyond this year. Let’s be honest, coach doesn’t trust him and when he’s on the field that appears to be for good reason.

Problem is less experience he gets the less chance there is of him ever being ready. He didn’t look bad at all last year and occasionally looked great. That said, even on that form I don’t know if he’s ahead of the others in the pecking order on merit.

To me the only chance he has is to find a place where he’s going to play most of the time.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 09:21 PM
I have been quiet about Fraser, not really seen him enough and therefor having an opinion. Grant it, we were seriously injured (we were, so not panicking) and everyone played poorly tonight but unless I am missing something... I don’t see him as the future.

This core group of players have maybe 1 year left together and we have a legitimate chance to win, so keep trying. But this off season is going to be interesting. It is time to get thinking about 2021 and 2022. I can think of at least 5 players who are winding down but I don’t see the depth to replace them.

Let’s enjoy it while we can but we really need to see if Ali has the chops. I think the pressure is on him more than anyone and I really don’t want to see us not going for it.

Remember MLS is a gate driven league and with no fans in the stadium the club must be bleeding red ink. My concern is that MLSE may cut Manning's budget, with only player's on minimal contracts brought in.

MightyDM
10-24-2020, 09:57 PM

we will see. I think Josy has lots more to give - but there are a lot of miles on Michaels body and he did look two steps behind the play tonight

MightyDM
10-24-2020, 09:59 PM

Not Bradley

Not Fraser

You might very well be right. Those two serious injuries in fairly quick succession have really hurt the General.

OgtheDim
10-24-2020, 10:04 PM
My thing about Bradley is his style of a buildup starting with always one player doesn't work anymore. And certainly doesn't work well with Pozuelo.

Bradley's passing quality masked it for awhile but he's lost that considerably this season.

DMs know longer sit in front of the back 2 and spray.

NK Toronto
10-24-2020, 11:37 PM
Going forward the plan should be to rest players and try and get everyone back and healthy. Our lack of depth was exposed tonight. Unless all of our key players are in the lineup we have no chance of winning.

MikeForbes
10-25-2020, 07:22 AM
Looks like I picked a good game to get food poisoning for.

OgtheDim
10-25-2020, 07:30 AM
One thing that is in here & I saw online a bit last night

There seems to be this supposition that allowing the team to go home for 2 days & not train is a bad thing.

I'm just going to put out my two cents about this viewpoint

Don't be heartless assholes

Bushmancan
10-25-2020, 07:31 AM
Remember MLS is a gate driven league and with no fans in the stadium the club must be bleeding red ink. My concern is that MLSE may cut Manning's budget, with only player's on minimal contracts brought in.

Thinking about last nights game, if you are going to blow a game, do it last night. Don’t let Philly see your “A” game until the Eastern Conference Finals. They really were a train wreck of injuries, and I agree that should be looked into. My comment on Ali was exactly that, he may or may not have a budget but his job is to find the best players. I still think MLSE stay committed until 2026 at least.

stevep
10-26-2020, 10:30 AM
Going forward the plan should be to rest players and try and get everyone back and healthy. Our lack of depth was exposed tonight. Unless all of our key players are in the lineup we have no chance of winning.

Agreed. And further to that do we really deserve the shield?
Lost to Vancouver, humiliation by Philadelphia
Played Vancouver and Montreal 6 times

CBTFC
10-26-2020, 10:37 AM

Ya know, I'm chalking it up to that and I'm more than fine with it. These guys aren't robots.

I could only imagine the psychological toll it's taking on the team, being away for so long from their loved ones (same with Montreal and Vancouver).

If Liverpool could get blown out by Aston Villa, and ManU by Tottenham, then we can certainly have the same by an in form Philly.

Give then credit where it's due, the Union looked really well organized, especially on the attack.

All we can do is rest, recover move forward and focus on Wednesday against NYCFC. No time to dwell.

A Stick
10-26-2020, 10:38 AM
Looks like I picked a good game to get food poisoning for. This happened to me to! I only saw the first half.

reggie
10-26-2020, 10:50 AM
Going forward the plan should be to rest players and try and get everyone back and healthy. Our lack of depth was exposed tonight. Unless all of our key players are in the lineup we have no chance of winning.t
take off 4 or 5 starting players off philly the same would happen to them,living in a hotel for 2 months training on a baseball field using hotel rooms for recovery,i think we should give these guys some slack.

spe18
10-26-2020, 06:02 PM

Though I believe all of the DP contracts go through until at least next season, so those I would think have to be honoured.

Plus if I understand it correctly, most of the payments for the base salaries of the players come from the league itself, and not the team. This would include the allocation funds they are given. So it may not be as bad as it seems.

NK Toronto
10-26-2020, 07:13 PM
Looks like I picked a good game to get food poisoning for.

Why didn't you tell me that you had lunch at my mother-in-law's house???

MikeForbes
10-26-2020, 08:08 PM
Why didn't you tell me that you had lunch at my mother-in-law's house???

Sorry man, wanted it to be a surprise.

NK Toronto
10-26-2020, 08:23 PM
Sorry man, wanted it to be a surprise.

I don't want to imply that my mother-in-law is a bad cook but she once donated her homemade lasagna to the Scott Mission and even the homeless refused to eat it.🤮