PDA

View Full Version : And Now We Wait - Montreal @ VCWC Games - Sunday @ 9:30 - Wed @ 9:30 pm

OgtheDim
09-09-2020, 09:45 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EhhRUTiXsAAAT2w?format=jpg&name=small

Will know in a week

rydermike
09-09-2020, 09:59 PM
We were a dumb Pozuelo penalty kick away from clinching already. Still can't believe they tried that in a game they were losing

Red CB Toronto
09-09-2020, 10:05 PM
Tic Tac hopefully Vancouver can white cap the Impact. Go Caps

In all seriousness the situation the Reds find themselves in really amplifies the goofiness that occurred with the PK last week. Really hope the Reds overcome this.

Ultra & Proud
09-10-2020, 08:42 AM
I am thinking it will be a draw this Sunday.

JayMolly
09-10-2020, 10:43 AM
A draw will do it.
Can't believe we are actually going to say - COY Whitecaps ...
J&M

Initial B
09-10-2020, 12:53 PM
As long as MdS is coaching Vancouver, I'll be cheering them over the Impact. He deserves to see some success.

MightyDM
09-11-2020, 11:03 AM
A draw will do it.
J&M

Covid makes for strange bedfellows

MightyDM
09-11-2020, 11:04 AM
As long as MdS is coaching Vancouver, I'll be cheering them over the Impact. He deserves to see some success.

agreed. But only versus Montreal....

MightyDM
09-11-2020, 11:17 AM

agreed. But only versus Montreal....

GerMc
09-13-2020, 09:02 PM
Well that is a good start for us--goal for Vancouver after 7 mins!

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:02 PM
8 min in, Caps up 1-0 on a Theo Bair strike !

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:03 PM
Keep it up Vancouver, white cap the Impact !

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:03 PM
Terrible goalkeeping, but we'll take it.

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:05 PM
Terrible goalkeeping, but we'll take it.

He definitely could have shut it down if he came out a bit, he was hugging the near post.

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:11 PM
Caps keeper only plays well against TFC.

GerMc
09-13-2020, 09:21 PM
Defending is pretty terrible on both sides...

MightyDM
09-13-2020, 09:36 PM
It must be horrible to be a Whitecaps fan.

Go Caps

MightyDM
09-13-2020, 09:39 PM
I shouldn’t have said that

tfcfans
09-13-2020, 09:39 PM
Vancouver isn’t going to help us out in either game are they?

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 09:41 PM
Hasal at fault for both goals.

MikeForbes
09-13-2020, 09:51 PM
Vancouver is the worst team in MLS. The fact that we dropped 3 points to them is going to cost us big time.

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:05 PM
This one is over.

MightyDM
09-13-2020, 10:08 PM
The Whitecaps are terrible. How on earth did we lose to them

MightyDM
09-13-2020, 10:09 PM
Hasal at fault for both goals.

Not the third. Totally unnecessary to take out the player for the penalty though Youth and enthusiasm ....

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:10 PM
Montreal is playing on 3 days rest and a cross country flight. Would be nice if that F***** Hasal would make a save.

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Adnan subbed. Whitecaps basically self-destructing. Now Cavalini red? Whitecaps giving it ways

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:12 PM
Cdn Championship is gone for the 2nd year in a row.

tfcfans
09-13-2020, 10:13 PM
It’s done - it’s not coming down to any tiebreakers —- unless Vanc somehow manages a tie next game (highly doubtful); Mtl is winning the Finals berth....

GerMc
09-13-2020, 10:13 PM
Well that is looking like the end for our CONCACAF aspirations. Seems like TFC management is much more focused on the league these days, just like they didn’t seem to care about being put out of the MLS is Back tournament. I have mixed feelings about that. The league does matter more but great teams don’t pick and choose when they want to win.

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:14 PM
Cant even watch Whitecaps are the worst team in MLS. They can lose this game by 10.

MightyDM
09-13-2020, 10:17 PM
Unfortunately, Poz and Piatti put us in this position with their selfish penalty. The defense was he had another penalty against the same goalie the previous game. Varys scores two today, to virtually the same spot within 30 minutes. I hope Vanney did some internal discipline because the arrogance shown In that play has cost us already

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:24 PM
If not for Poz we would be a notch above the Whitecaps. We lost this tournament in Vancouver.

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:24 PM
Unfortunately, Poz and Piatti put us in this position with their selfish penalty. The defense was he had another penalty against the same goalie the previous game. Barry scores two today, to virtually the same spot within 30 minutes. I hope Vanney did some internal discipline because the arrogance shown I. That play has cost us already

How about put something on the 2nd highest payed player in the league that decided he doesnt need to play this year. Pozuelo is there every game. He messed up on that play but he is 100% dedicated.

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:27 PM
Wow OK, took a 10 min cool off now seeing 4-2 score and now 10 on 10. Please tighten up the score line caps

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:29 PM
Highest paid player on the team has one goal this season. I think Vanney is gone after this season

tfcfans
09-13-2020, 10:36 PM
Unless Vanc can get another goal - any Mtl win on Wednesday gets them the finals berth (we lose all tiebreakers if Mtl wins 4-2 today and wins on Weds)....

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:37 PM
Highest paid player on the team has one goal this season. I think Vanney is gone after this season

I dont think its Vanney, he hasnt forced him into the lineup. Seems more a Manning panick move thinking the fans would revolt if lost both Giovinco and Altidore. Reality is no one would have cared that much if had to replace Altidore.

MikeForbes
09-13-2020, 10:40 PM
If MLS were to fold/revoke a franchise, you gotta think Vancouver is at the absolute top of the list.

leafsman
09-13-2020, 10:41 PM
Will be crazy to beat them 2-1 in wins and lose on tie breaker due to goal differential . Head to head record should be tie breaker in all sports and then go to goal differential.

SirBobSaget
09-13-2020, 10:43 PM
Teibert is the worst

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:43 PM
Whats the next tie breaker after goal dif.

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:44 PM
2020 has gone badly. Orlando was a disaster and we blew the Cdn Championship. When the results aren't there at some point you have to hold the coach accountable.

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 10:48 PM
Our record against U.S. teams this year is one win in 5 games.

tfcfans
09-13-2020, 10:50 PM
Whats the next tie breaker after goal dif.
Goals for, Away goal differential —- Mtl even wins 1-0 and they still get it.

tfcfans
09-13-2020, 10:52 PM
A 1-0 Mtl win makes everything exactly the same at 9GF and 5GA - but they have better away goal differential. Basically any Mtl win and they get it. So, ummm, it’s done....:facepalm:

benito
09-13-2020, 10:54 PM
It’s weird that head to head isn’t the first tiebreaker. Perhaps the unbalanced home/away is the reason for that.

GerMc
09-13-2020, 10:54 PM
Well, we are still tied for second in the league, even if we haven’t played the best teams, so the sky isn’t falling. I go back to my earlier post that management doesn’t seem to care about the ‘extras’ like MLS is Back and the Canadian Championship. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it is a strategy. The real test, I guess, will be when we start playing down south.

NK Toronto
09-13-2020, 11:00 PM
Well, we are still tied for second in the league, even if we haven’t played the best teams, so the sky isn’t falling. I go back to my earlier post that management doesn’t seem to care about the ‘extras’ like MLS is Back and the Canadian Championship. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it is a strategy. The real test, I guess, will be when we start playing down south.

Mgmt should care about the Cdn Championship. But what do you expect when mgmt are all Americans.

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 11:12 PM
Dam that goofiness with that PK attempt ...

leafsman
09-13-2020, 11:25 PM
Why is away goals even a thing with no fans

reggie
09-13-2020, 11:32 PM
yes the pk was stupid,we still could of lost that game,without poz and piatti we would have no more then 10 points this season.the team seems off this season,maybe its time to freshen up the coaching staff.

Red CB Toronto
09-13-2020, 11:38 PM
This entire season is out sorts for lots of teams and players, stops and restarts etc, I am not sure how much judgement will be placed on it.

reggie
09-14-2020, 12:29 AM
This entire season is out sorts for lots of teams and players, stops and restarts etc, I am not sure how much judgement will be placed on it.
yes...only in 2020 can the tie breaker not be h to h and we beat them twice in mtl lol what a joke.the csa are ass clowns.

OgtheDim
09-14-2020, 06:00 AM

Have you looked where we are in the MLS standings?

People were wondering in here why I was losing my feces when that PK happened. This is why.

As to caring about the Canaidan championship, Manning cares, as does Vanney. Just not sure Piatti & Poz understood the magnitude of their decision making at the time.

NK Toronto
09-14-2020, 06:23 AM
Have you looked where we are in the MLS standings?

People were wondering in here why I was losing my feces when that PK happened. This is why.

As to caring about the Canaidan championship, Manning cares, as does Vanney. Just not sure Piatti & Poz understood the magnitude of their decision making at the time.

That"s because we have played most of our games against Vancouver and Montreal both weak opponents. Against U.S. teams we have won 1 game out of 5.

We blew a 2 goal lead against San Jose and DC, were dominated by NYC, lost against arguably the worst team in the league in Vancouver, and are pretty much done with the Cdn Championship. I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with this season.

Auzzy
09-14-2020, 06:35 AM

I gotta agree with this. I watch many of the MLS highlights, especially of the Eastern Conference. Results are all over the map. Yesterday Chicago, with the worst record in the league at the time, and a worse PPG than Vancouver, tied Columbus, with the best record in the league. And Chicago really looked like they could have won that game, Zardes only tied it for Columbus with a few minutes left.

I'm not happy with our record, I think we'll struggle against many of the US teams. But I feel like this season is mostly a crapshoot.

Oldtimer
09-14-2020, 06:48 AM

I dont think its Vanney, he hasnt forced him into the lineup. Seems more a Manning panick move thinking the fans would revolt if lost both Giovinco and Altidore. Reality is no one would have cared that much if had to replace Altidore.

Not a big chance that anyone will be gone, Jozy has clearly checked out due to the opportunity to buy RSL. No one could see that coming.

Ultra & Proud
09-14-2020, 07:08 AM
Our record against U.S. teams this year is one win in 5 games.

Yet also undefeated in league matches.

Initial B
09-14-2020, 08:04 AM
That result was a disaster for us. I think part of the problem is that both Montreal and Vancouver bring their best games when they play TFC and after such a game where they leave it all on the field there is a mental let down for the next game. The fact that Cavalini is now out means I don't hold out any hope that Vancouver can win the last game. The best we can hope for is that MdS tears a strip off his guys and they show enough pride to at least draw 0-0.

But honestly, I'm not sure the 2021 CCL happens. They may just finish the 2020 contest next March.

Red CB Toronto
09-14-2020, 08:36 AM
When would the Cup Final even be, December/January? With the three MLS teams soon to be the based in the US and the requirement to quarantine for 14 days when entering Canada it does presents an issue of when they schedule it. The CPL Final is this Saturday.

Canary10
09-14-2020, 09:52 AM
That"s because we have played most of our games against Vancouver and Montreal both weak opponents. Against U.S. teams we have won 1 game out of 5.

We blew a 2 goal lead against San Jose and DC, were dominated by NYC, lost against arguably the worst team in the league in Vancouver, and are pretty much done with the Cdn Championship. I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with this season.

And we will have played a total of, what, 4 home games? We won't be able to judge this season at all.

ag futbol
09-14-2020, 10:48 AM
And we will have played a total of, what, 4 home games? We won't be able to judge this season at all.
I think we will have to come to some sort of conclusion at some point, lack of “home” games or not.

Still not sure what to think. I don’t see Montreal and Vancouver as much of a measuring stick. Let’s see how we play against middle / upper middle of the pack Eastern conference teams. Basically: Orlando, NYC, RBNY, and NE.

that should give us an idea if we’re favorites, contenders, or pretenders.

OgtheDim
09-14-2020, 02:07 PM
Next 3 games are DC (not so good), NYC (mid tier), Crew (top of the league right now)

There's our test

Ultra & Proud
09-14-2020, 02:46 PM
Next 3 games are DC (not so good), NYC (mid tier), Crew (top of the league right now)

There's our test

Judging by our trend of never being fit enough to compete 90 minutes consistently or to play any succession of matches without looking gassed, I say we:

@ DC (Look very good & win easy), @NYC (Look meh and draw or win a very tight one), vs.Crew (Most players tired by minute 40 and get bombed).

Most likely outcome 1-1-1

Smokecell
09-14-2020, 02:52 PM
We're screwed for the finals and it's our own fault. If not for the PK, then definitely for not at least scraping out a draw in BC. Le sigh....

NK Toronto
09-14-2020, 07:37 PM
Everyone is blaming the pk as the reason we won't win the Cdn Championship, yet we blew this against Vancouver. Not just the loss but also in game 2 at BMO where we won 1-0 in a mediocre display. If we won by 3 goals we would be in the drivers seat.

spe18
09-14-2020, 09:31 PM
Everyone is blaming the pk as the reason we won't win the Cdn Championship, yet we blew this against Vancouver. Not just the loss but also in game 2 at BMO where we won 1-0 in a mediocre display. If we won by 3 goals we would be in the drivers seat.

And yet if they had gotten the goal to count on that PK, then there's a good chance that tfc would've gotten at least a point in that game, which in turn could very much well mean they would've clinched that top spot for the Canadian Championship and CCL berth, regardless of Mtl's results in the 2 Van games.

OgtheDim
09-14-2020, 09:54 PM

And our 6 wins are just forgotten?!?!? Including a comprehensive one against that very NYC team?

Geez, looking through this thread, its like a loss thread. Lot of negatives for a team that has been doing pretty good most of the time. Our PPG is tied for second best in the league, but you'd never know it from in here.

I know the first 8 years or so were like this but .... there is a difference between saying the coach shouldn't be fired & being satisfied.

Watching other MLS teams play, I see issues with our defence & how our attack works. Not enough speed on the wings (a thing Vanney has asked for since 2015), Poz & Piatti & Osorio addicted to interplay & too much reliance upon CB's who are getting creaky. BUT, our midfield play is solid & our subs are very good, which in this league, goes a long way.

Do I want us to make the Voyageur's our thing & get back to CCL? Yes. Am I happy we are not getting there? No. Am I satisfied? No. But, firing the coach? Nope.

There are a heck of a lot worse situations to be in this league - Atlanta comes to mind. Or Portland having lost their best player.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-15-2020, 08:20 AM
We're screwed for the finals and it's our own fault. If not for the PK, then definitely for not at least scraping out a draw in BC. Le sigh....

IMO not the penalty is the problem, but the last match with the Caps.
Again: how the hell we lost in Vancouver to that bottom of the bottom team??

PizzaEatingYeti
09-15-2020, 08:22 AM

You have a very strong point here!
That one should have been at least a 2 goals difference comfortable win.

PizzaEatingYeti
09-15-2020, 08:34 AM
I know the first 8 years or so were like this but .... there is a difference between saying the coach shouldn't be fired & being satisfied.

I'm not happy at all from what I've seen from the team in 2020.

I think that if in for 4 seasons (2020-2023) we always would finish not higher than the 4th place in the East, we would never go higher than the semifinals of the playoffs, and we would win twice the Voyageurs Cup, that would be enough for the management to not even think about changing the head coach.
For me that would be not enough for a team having the highest or always one of the highest payrolls in MLS.

Bushmancan
09-15-2020, 11:07 AM
I'm not happy at all from what I've seen from the team in 2020.

I think that if in for 4 seasons (2020-2023) we always would finish not higher than the 4th place in the East, we would never go higher than the semifinals of the playoffs, and we would win twice the Voyageurs Cup, that would be enough for the management to not even think about changing the head coach.
For me that would be not enough for a team having the highest or always one of the highest payrolls in MLS.

I think you may mean not lower than 4th place... if so, I agree he doesn't get fired. But i agree that would not be enough for me. We need to be the 1st MLS team to win Concacaf Champions League, nothing less as an objective in the next 4 years, why Montreal & Vancouver losses are so bad.

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 08:54 PM
Well we will find out in the next 2 hours whether the quest for the Cdn Championship continues. Maybe Montreal is overconfident and slips up

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:10 PM
15 minutes in and Caps are doing okay. 75 minutes to go.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:13 PM
Any other MLS team at home vs Impact I would have some hope. But the Whitecaps are a hot mess this season. MDS in a power struggle with his big money players Reyna and Adnan. Hopefully the Impact are more drained as for this 2nd game away from home

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:19 PM
And yet we lost to them. Upsets do happen. Having said that I wouldn't be wagering on Vancouver

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:31 PM
Ok I like this.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:32 PM
Camacho may just be a TFC hero, he punched him has to be red

OgtheDim
09-16-2020, 09:34 PM
Oh crap....since when does any team we want to lose going down to 10 men actually help us?

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:34 PM
Oh and a penalty, I fee some hope :hump:

ag futbol
09-16-2020, 09:35 PM
I don’t know what to say about that. Certainly if you’re dumb enough to strike out at another player you take your chances. But my god Montero is embarrassing. I might give him a yellow for embellishment and award the impact the foul.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:35 PM
Oh crap....since when does any team we want to lose going down to 10 men actually help us?

Negative Nancy!!!! OG feel the hope from secret agent Camancho.

tfcfans
09-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Let's not jinx anything - but clearly this is way better than where any of us thought we would be about an hour ago......

James17930
09-16-2020, 09:36 PM
Wow.

Montreal imploding.

tfcfans
09-16-2020, 09:38 PM
Woooooo

jloome
Go go Vancouver.

never thought I’d say that.

OgtheDim
Negative Nancy!!!! OG feel the hope from secret agent Camancho.

Have I ever told you lot since 2016, I can't watch a TFC penalty unless we are already up by 2.

Some people have PTSD from TFC circa 2007-2013

Some of us have it from the last 4 years :(

Ponderosa
There is a soccer god! Miracles do happen!

SirBobSaget
Freddy Montero is my favourite MLS player at the moment.

gracos
Lets go Whitecaps Lets Go

jloome
09-16-2020, 09:40 PM
I don’t know what to say about that. Certainly if you’re dumb enough to strike out at another player you take your chances. But my god Montero is embarrassing. I might give him a yellow for embellishment and award the impact the foul.

he certainly played it up like crazy, but that looked like a flat-palm punch to the side of the knee, not a slap. Plus, it’s violent conduct which is supposed to be an automatic red.

But...yeah, Montero flops like a boneless acrobat.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:40 PM
Can you hear the Impact sing, I can't hear a fuckin thing !!!

gracos
09-16-2020, 09:41 PM
Can you hear the Impact sing, I can't hear a fuckin thing !!!

La Cloche is quiet tonight so far

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:41 PM
Gutierez has been really good, is he 100% committed to Canada?

Yohan
09-16-2020, 09:42 PM
Gutierez has been really good, is he 100% committed to Canada?
not yet, from what I've heard

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 09:43 PM
Bair needs to come out for Ricketts or Reyna. Please MDS put this to bed

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:48 PM
I think that was a soft red card but hey I'll take it. Sometimes its better to be lucky than good.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:57 PM
When would the final even be played, December with the CPL side having been sitting on their asses for 3 months?

SKB
09-16-2020, 09:59 PM
I do not have access to a TV, does anyone have a stream to watch the game?

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 09:59 PM
https://i.insider.com/55537ce66bb3f71c7c7c05ae?width=1072&format=jpeg

MightyDM
09-16-2020, 10:04 PM
The Whitecaps are really terrible. I think we are going to have to watch out for Montréal. Absent Camachos brain cramps in two matches they are winning this championship.

MightyDM
09-16-2020, 10:05 PM
How can Vancouver let the press get to them up a man????

ag futbol
09-16-2020, 10:05 PM
Bair needs to come out for Ricketts or Reyna. Please MDS put this to bed
He does look pretty pedestrian out there. I never quite got what the hype is all about.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 10:06 PM
Baird has a great future but for the sake of TFC please sub in a more established pro like Reyna or Ricketts to close this out

Yohan
09-16-2020, 10:14 PM
He does look pretty pedestrian out there. I never quite got what the hype is all about.
reminds me a lot of Jordan Hamilton

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:25 PM
Geez. Even with a man down Montreal is dominating.

OgtheDim
09-16-2020, 10:29 PM
Vancouver has no midfield.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:32 PM
Goal Caps !!!!!!!!!! Freddy just fingered the impact

jloome
That should do it. Thank Goodness Montero showed up tonight.

Red CB Toronto
3-1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Caps !!!!!!!!

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:33 PM
What a strike!

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:33 PM
That should do it. Thank Goodness Montero showed up tonight.

Two goals and lots of chances tonight, good for the Reds !!!!!!

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:35 PM
​fuck the impact !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Auzzy
woohoo...

Cheering for Montero. So odd.

And then this howler.

Red CB Toronto
smash the ring a ding bell !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:37 PM
I would say that in this match that red card had a real Impact.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 10:38 PM
Montero has shown a lot more in this 1 game than Cavallini has. Can Whitecaps fit them both in? Man this game, started out with no virtually no hope for TFC moving on to thinking MDS might actually be a good manager.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:38 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/8439c3bd3aa58e86c240ab61ae25aaa5/raw

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:40 PM
It was just mentioned on TSN that maybe the Skydome in December ala Rogers Centre. Makes sense since the Reds likely will not be able to play in Canada most likely until then being based in the US for the next little while.

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:45 PM
Now does this mean Vancouver isn't as bad as everyone thinks, or is Montreal worse than what everyone thought. Can't help wondering does Vancouver still win tonight if not for the red card.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:47 PM
TFC onto the Final , it is over !!!!!

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Thank You Whitecaps !!!!!!!https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiFknd1XcAIMrRB?format=jpg&name=large

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 10:49 PM
Held little hop but in the end well done impact despite all your player attitude issues. Man what a mess. Thank you and good luck with your prima donna players

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:50 PM
It was just mentioned on TSN that maybe the Skydome in December ala Rogers Centre. Makes sense since the Reds likely will not be able to play in Canada most likely until then being based in the US for the next little while.

Can they still play at Rogers Stadium now that the baseball infield has been expanded? Surely they wouldn't play on a mixed turf and sand field.

SirBobSaget
09-16-2020, 10:52 PM
Now does this mean Vancouver isn't as bad as everyone thinks, or is Montreal worse than what everyone thought. Can't help wondering does Vancouver still win tonight if not for the red card.

Henry didn't rotate his squad at all. Though they seemed in control until the red they seemed to lack energy afterwards.

OgtheDim
09-16-2020, 10:55 PM
(insert IKEA "Start the car!" commercial here)

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Can they still play at Rogers Stadium now that the baseball infield has been expanded? Surely they wouldn't play on a mixed turf and sand field.

They would still have the turf for football and with the Jays not playing there this year it could easily be set up.

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:58 PM
Glad to be in the final but this isn't how I hoped it would happen. If we are truly an elite MLS team we should have gotten at least 17 out of a possible 18 points given the calibre of the opposition.

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 10:59 PM
The Office GIFS on TFC twitter are gold right now !!!

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 11:01 PM
The Final Canadian Standingshttps://pbs.twimg.com/media/EiFnMkWXsAEKL5d?format=jpg&name=large

James17930
09-16-2020, 11:01 PM
Maybe they could play it in Hartford.

I know it would seem weird, but hey, Baltimore won the Grey Cup one year ...

Jeffro
09-16-2020, 11:04 PM
Glad to be in the final but this isn't how I hoped it would happen. If we are truly an elite MLS team we should have gotten at least 17 out of a possible 18 points given the calibre of the opposition.

Which game should we have gotten 2 points from? lol

spe18
09-16-2020, 11:08 PM

I feel that comment was more of the commentator's personal thoughts/opinion that it is fact.

Auzzy
09-16-2020, 11:09 PM

Vancouver is strange. Sometimes pretty good. Sometimes incredibly bad. You saw it even in the 2nd half, Vancouver up by one man and Montreal pressing. Also Montero pissed when he came off. You just get the feeling that Vancouver is incredibly unsettled, with all kinds of issues within the squad.

I felt like "Skydome in December" was more of a joke. Will the CanPL team even still be together in a couple of months?

Maybe the Cdn championship final in Hartford in a few weeks???? :noidea:

NK Toronto
09-16-2020, 11:37 PM
Which game should we have gotten 2 points from? lol

Meant to say 16. My bad

Red CB Toronto
09-16-2020, 11:47 PM
Quiet Now

https://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0501/4537/products/QuietNow_JozyAltidore_MLSPA_BreakingT_shirt_300x.j pg?v=1599857013

https://breakingt.com/products/quiet-now?rfsn=3324677.d87a3

magmadragon
09-17-2020, 01:25 AM
They would still have the turf for football and with the Jays not playing there this year it could easily be set up.

But it's in a permanent baseball setup now isn't it? Last I heard the stands don't move anymore. Also the infield being a pit filled with dirt must be a problem. If the Argos were booted out of BMO Field (let me have this fantasy), there is no way for them to play at the Skydome anymore.

OgtheDim
09-17-2020, 06:03 AM
Playing in BC in December is more likely than in the Skydome.

But let's wait to see what the travel restrictions to & from the US are for this round of MLS games. That will affect the where & when more than anything else.

ag futbol
09-17-2020, 06:32 AM
Montero has shown a lot more in this 1 game than Cavallini has. Can Whitecaps fit them both in? Man this game, started out with no virtually no hope for TFC moving on to thinking MDS might actually be a good manager.
The bits I watched he did really well roaming around up top. Cavalinni, plays as a very much anchored central striker. Can hold up the ball and will score but needs service. On this (Really bad) Vancouver team better to have someone who can kind of do it all himself and that seems to be Montero.

That said, I’d go 4-4-2 and play them both players up top. And for the love of god, stop fielding Tiebert as a starter.

Initial B
09-17-2020, 08:07 AM
Wow, I was surprised by the result. As for when the final will be played, I expect it to be some Wednesdays in October. If it's Forge vs TFC, I would think they would play it sooner as there is less transport/accommodation logistics involved.

RealG-TFC
09-17-2020, 09:25 AM
It's too bad it'ss be played in Decemeber. Would have been cool to play it somewhere neutral in Canada like St. John's or something.

JayMolly
09-17-2020, 09:42 AM
A draw will do it.
J&M

THANK YOU Caps!!!

SneijderOranje
09-17-2020, 09:43 AM
this is hilarious don't know who did this..

file:///Users/juslouie/Desktop/Screen%20Shot%202020-09-17%20at%2010.25.49%20AM.png

JayMolly
09-17-2020, 09:45 AM
Thank you Red CB.

A picture is worth a 1,000 words.

Go TFC GO!

ManUtd4ever
09-17-2020, 10:36 AM
Thank you Whitecaps. The most deserving team has advanced to the final.

Great pic Red CB!

ag futbol
09-17-2020, 01:47 PM
https://twitter.com/MLSUKShow/status/1306575049416224768

I have it on good authority Montero has now gone into hiding and fears for his personal safety.

Red CB Toronto
09-17-2020, 01:55 PM
Playing in BC in December is more likely than in the Skydome.

But let's wait to see what the travel restrictions to & from the US are for this round of MLS games. That will affect the where & when more than anything else.

It was mentioned that after these first three games the team is returning to Toronto to spend two days with their families which be spend under quarantine, so they will not be able to be up at the facility,

Smokecell
09-17-2020, 02:06 PM
Might as well just play this at the Rent and call it a day. Playing in December seems like a massive disadvantage for the CPL team given their season is over now.

spe18
09-17-2020, 07:34 PM
Maybe they could play it in Hartford.

I know it would seem weird, but hey, Baltimore won the Grey Cup one year ...

This actually reminds me of the year when CONMEBOL had to move the 2nd leg of the finals of the Copa Libertadores all the way out to Madrid due to all of the fan violence. In what had been billed as the dream final, between River Plate and Boca Juniors - the two not very well liked Buenos Aires rivals!!!!

James17930
09-17-2020, 09:48 PM
This actually reminds me of the year when CONMEBOL had to move the 2nd leg of the finals of the Copa Libertadores all the way out to Madrid due to all of the fan violence. In what had been billed as the dream final, between River Plate and Boca Juniors - the two not very well liked Buenos Aires rivals!!!!

Exactly. So Hartford is no big deal.

I agree that waiting for December is not fair.

CBTFC
09-18-2020, 08:00 AM
Watching this game the other night, it seemed to be pretty much dead even heading into half, and that Camacho red card just completely changed it. What a dumb dumb move.

If I was Henry I'd be making that guy run wind sprints up and down Mont Royal.

ag futbol
09-18-2020, 08:33 AM
^Completely agree. Haven’t followed them too closely this year but apparently it’s not his first offence.

Hot head and CB usually not the best combo.