PDA

View Full Version : Serioux Under Serious Investigation Again

MisterMacphisto
08-05-2008, 05:49 PM
MLS Rumors report:

Serioux Under Serious Investigation Again (http://www.mls-rumors.net/2008/08/report-serioux-under-serious.html)

This time for misconduct directed at Toronto FC supporters according to the following reports emailed to us:

"Hey there. My friend, who works within the MLS has passed along some information to me.
Adrian Serioux, defender for FC Dallas is under investigation from the league for flipping off fans at the August 3rd Toronto FC game.

A team at MLS is looking into the incident after numerous complaints of Serioux giving the finger directly to fans right before a throw in."

- Anonymous

And....

"The MLS office has been receiving complains that Adrian Serioux this last weekend had some obscene gestures towards the Toronto FC crowed at BMO. Apparently the league will be looking at this occurrence very seriously since they are determined to curb such behavior from the league."

I think this happened in front of 126/127.

Douchebag.

FluSH
08-05-2008, 06:02 PM
You have to be kidding me right... The league has alot more things to worry about than some player flipping the bird.

This is pathetic.

rocker
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
anything to get an opposition player suspended is fine by me

tlear
08-05-2008, 06:04 PM
Seriously who cares, they should be investigating the ref instead

David
08-05-2008, 06:06 PM
You have to be kidding me right... The league has alot more things to worry about than some player flipping the bird.

This is pathetic.

Why is it pathetic? The guy gave us the finger sneakily just because Gabe said "you suck" Who cares if it gets him in trouble? Helps us if Dallas plays like shit without him if he gets suspended. Obviously it shouldn't be a number one priority for them if this rumour is infact true but nonetheless its still hurting an opposing team.

Keegan
08-05-2008, 06:07 PM
Serioux is one bad mutha.

And im not kidding, he is pretty nuts. Brings a pitbull to practice ffs

S_D
08-05-2008, 06:09 PM
his pit bull's name is "knuckles" lol.

But really who cares about this. All it shows is somone got under his skin...doing what a supporter is supposed to be doing

Carts
08-05-2008, 06:17 PM
I don't see this as a big deal - and agree with Flush that the league must have bigger things to look into...

If he fired back with a racial slur, or spit at the fans - sure...

I figure that supporters sections are allowed to get away with quite a bit. We flip the bird, I've seen songs on here about players moms, and there's more than a handfull of f-bombs and c-bombs flying out there... With all that, I'm open to the fact that a player might fire back with the bird or a "f*ckin right" straight to us after a goal (like Montreal) and we don't need to have the league investigating little things like that...

IMO, and I know most will disagree, including the league - there's a little give-and-take with it all...

I mean, what was worse, this guy flipping the bird or the NYRB player who tossed a beer back into the stands last season - I'm pretty sure he didn't soak exactly who tossed it...

Carts...

Dirk Diggler
08-05-2008, 06:34 PM
This really isn't a big deal. Granted, he didn't show the finger to me but seriously, there is no need for the league to intervene.

SilverSamurai
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Hate him for Dallas, like him for Canada, unless he costs us a penalty... lol

Jack
08-05-2008, 06:41 PM
Players who taunt fans should get a yellow like the rulebook says and players that flip off the fans should be disciplined.

FluSH
08-05-2008, 06:43 PM
Players who taunt fans should get a yellow like the rulebook says and players that flip off the fans should be disciplined.

What about players that want to fight supporters... or so I heard...:D

Jack
08-05-2008, 06:44 PM
What about players that want to fight supporters... or so I heard...:D
They should stop hiding behind security guards like the little bitches they are!:p

adampz
08-05-2008, 06:45 PM
RPB vs landycakes, that would be a fun fight.

ExiledRed
08-05-2008, 06:54 PM
Why is it pathetic? The guy gave us the finger sneakily just because Gabe said "you suck" Who cares if it gets him in trouble? Helps us if Dallas plays like shit without him if he gets suspended. Obviously it shouldn't be a number one priority for them if this rumour is infact true but nonetheless its still hurting an opposing team.

In Europe that would be considered incitement to riot.

james
08-05-2008, 07:01 PM
who cares if he did flip the bird.....lots of TFC fans do it to them so who cares if they do it back!

adamdz
08-05-2008, 07:16 PM
who cares if he did flip the bird.....lots of TFC fans do it to them so who cares if they do it back!

That's part of our job, they are supposed to play footy :D.

CretanBull
08-05-2008, 07:43 PM
It was unprofessional and stupid, but it also shows that as much as the players try to tune us out - they hear us and we get to them. That's home pitch advantage!

ExiledRed
08-05-2008, 07:55 PM
It was unprofessional and stupid, but it also shows that as much as the players try to tune us out - they hear us and we get to them. That's home pitch advantage!

Yeah gotta love that home pitch advantage.

RicoSuave44
08-05-2008, 09:27 PM
Why make an example of Serioux? There are many other players in the league more deserving of punishment for bad behaviour. Warn him against future actions and get on with it. To single him out would be unfair.

ExiledRed
08-05-2008, 10:05 PM
Why make an example of Serioux? There are many other players in the league more deserving of punishment for bad behaviour. Warn him against future actions and get on with it. To single him out would be unfair.

because he's not the first player to openly dis the fans, and he wont be the last if he's not disciplined for it.

Wagner
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM
Yawn...who cares.
maybe if he was out for the game we play against them on Oct.
but i doubt it.

There are bigger fish to fry.

It's almost kinda cool that the NEE did their job and made him lose his cool.

Richard D
08-05-2008, 10:12 PM
The league should be more concerned with SSS becoming non-SSS after it grants a city a team then if a player gives fans the bird. lol

Kickit09
08-05-2008, 10:39 PM
Serioux is one bad mutha.

*sings* he's a complicated man and no one understands him but his wowman

i almost wish we had him on our team just so we could sing the shaft song for him.

RedRum
08-05-2008, 11:01 PM
Outside gate 4 after the game he was dancing to our Fuck Serioux chant as he exited BMO. I don't know, I kinda like players who interact with supporters. Like FluSH said, it's just flipping the bird, who cares. He was just having some fun.

Toronto Ruffrider
08-05-2008, 11:02 PM
Hate him for Dallas, like him for Canada, unless he costs us a penalty... lol

I find it ironic that the player who taunted our supporters on Sunday may very well praise the exact same supporters on August 20th.

Psycho-Kid
08-05-2008, 11:59 PM
They should stop hiding behind security guards like the little bitches they are!:p

agreed

King Tut
08-06-2008, 03:47 AM
Outside gate 4 after the game he was dancing to our Fuck Serioux chant as he exited BMO. I don't know, I kinda like players who interact with supporters. Like FluSH said, it's just flipping the bird, who cares. He was just having some fun.

We're having some fun making a huge issue out of it and possibly have him suspended. If he doesn't, oh well. But if it does, then we can say that it was a great and worthy cause. Nothing to lose really. With Dallas, he was the enemy and he'll be targeted from the stands when he comes back again with Dallas.

Carter
08-06-2008, 08:09 AM
I find it ironic that the player who taunted our supporters on Sunday may very well praise the exact same supporters on August 20th.

It's all about the Color of the Jersey and where his heart is playing.....

Heathen
08-06-2008, 08:23 AM
What a mountain out of a molehill, how come Serioux gets investigated for giving a sly finger while Kovalenko threw something into the crowd and got away with it. That being said they do have a lot in common both having tried to deliberately injure opponents and then bragged about it afterwards.

Roogsy
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
2 thoughts on this.

1) In Europe this sort of thing is not allowed because of the propensity of fans to riot. Hence, I think it is a good idea not to let players respond this way.

However

2) Fans in North America aren't going to riot over this. Not before they start rioting over ludicrous refereeing. So I just think they should tell Serioux to knock it out and move on. There are more important things to worry about other than this guy giving stick to some fans who probably enjoyed it as much as he did. Let's admit it guys...we love it when we are riding a player and he responds. It shows we are getting to them.

And for whoever says it "helps" us if he gets suspended? Actually no. It may in fact hurt us if he winds up suspended for a game against a team with whom we are fighting over a playoff spot.

Jack
08-06-2008, 08:26 AM
Well, maybe the league is finally starting to take notice of this BS.

GabrielHurl
08-06-2008, 08:28 AM
What a mountain out of a molehill

you do realize what board you are on?

Roogsy
08-06-2008, 08:29 AM
The league should be more concerned with SSS becoming non-SSS after it grants a city a team then if a player gives fans the bird. lol

Exactly.

Heathen
08-06-2008, 08:30 AM
you do realize what board you are on?

:) point taken